Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rescuing Shawn, Traitors and Bothersome Ghosts IC Thread 38

5 posters

Page 15 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 30  Next

Go down

Rescuing Shawn, Traitors and Bothersome Ghosts IC Thread 38 - Page 15 Empty Re: Rescuing Shawn, Traitors and Bothersome Ghosts IC Thread 38

Post by Warpmind Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:53 am

[Mattapan]
S7trif3 wrote:Adley gave a look that would fit an annoyed cat - eyes narrowed, aloof, giving a look before glancing away as if it wasn't worth is time and effort.
Nicole wrote:'Was about to change my number anyhows.' she replied mulishly.
Colin smiled thinly, "Ah, yes, I'm sure that would help..."

S7trif3 wrote:"No one is being abandoned."
Anja wrote:"Very well."
Hildegard said and she nodded.
Nicole wrote:'Abandoned, left here, dropped off... fact is, my next job might be near here anyways so there is no point going back to just come out again.'
S7trif3 wrote:"Fine."
He nodded firmly, "No-one goes alone tonight. Especially you, Miss Bouchard, and you know why. If my suspicions are right, we're almost on top of the hidden laboratory here, and that makes the entire area more dangerous than usual."

S7trif3 wrote:He looked at him, then Nicole as she grunted and back to him as if asking if he was sure he wanted to stick them together - but he made no commentary other than to say, "I'm not sure how many more there are available. But of course I will go if you think it is important; however there are other things we need to do also. Hopefully this will all be in aid of those ends. Of course, it will be useful to know what I'm getting into but that can come after this," he said with a glance at Nicole again.
He nodded, giving Nicole a stern look, "If we split up like that for your reconnnaissance, you don't have to tell him everything, just enough about whose lives are at stake. I'll trust your better judgment in this, and you can trust his discretion."

[Apartments]
Nicole wrote:'It was in my pocket, not waving it front of him. And if you'd like to get all technical-like about it, it's not actually a pencil, but a line of wax wrapped in paper. It's like describing a magazine full of ads as a book.'
He arched an eyebrow, "Ah, I didn't see it, only heard 'pencil'. If it looks more like a crayon, it should be perfectly alright.

Anja wrote:"That is so cool it is like a secret superhero headquarters!"
Shawn exclaimed then he remembered himself and looked down.
"Ehm...sorry Sir..."
He muttered nervously.
"Please don't hurt me."
Jeremy wrote:"That's exactly what I thought!" Serge said with similar enthusiasm. "A secret superhero headquarters hidden from the world. Like the batcave. Or the fortress of solitude. You know we have a knight patrolling our halls?"
Anja wrote:"Y....you do? Is he like a spirit or ghost or something Sir?"
Shawn asked and he glanced up nervously.
Jeremy wrote:"I....am not sure! It could be either." Serge said still enthusiastic. "I never actually asked him that. Too amazed at his armor. I'll see if I can draw a picture of him and of our little castle for you later."
Anja wrote:"He sounds really cool."
Shawn muttered.
"The vampire Prince of this city have six knights protecting him."
He added then looked down nervously again.
Jeremy wrote:"Really! God that sounds so cool. Please say they have a cool title. Like....the blood knights! Or something like that." he said, hoping a little banter would ease the vampires tension around him.
Anja wrote:"Just Knight...that is a title, their are addressed as Sir."
Shawn muttered and looked down.
"I am sorry Sir..."
He smiled wryly, then placed a hand on Serge's shoulder, "A time and place for such enthusiasm, son... plus, you've been so enamoured by our guardian angel's armour that you've overlooked his wings, it seems. But in the future, please don't go gushing over a vampire Prince's royal guard. It's embarrassing for everyone involved."

Anja wrote:"I did not mean to call you something you dislike Sir...sorry I did not mean to..."
Shawn said quickly.
"I...do not know much about mages...just the warnings I have gotten I am sorry..."
Jeremy wrote:"Don't worry. We can't even agree with each other on what to call ourselves. I prefer to think of us as wizards." he said with a smile.
Anja wrote:The boy nodded, not really knowing what to say to not risk insulting anyone and he just looked scared.
He smiled, "Most of the terms are largely interchangeable... we'll get around to teaching you the relevant nomenclature in time. First thing is to get you back to a healthy state of mind..."

Anja wrote:The young vampire hesitated then he very slowly scrawled closer but he looked ready to flee at the drop of a hat and he looked at you and the other magi with terror in his eyes trying to make himself as small as possible.
Jeremy wrote:"Relax. We know your a good kid. We won't hurt you." he said in a similarly soft tone.
Anja wrote:"Y...yes Sir...ehm...thank you Sir."
Shawn muttered hesitantly clearly not completely believing you.
He smiled and gave Shawn a slight nod, "Good lad."

Anja wrote:You had to take a few steps back in order to see the living room but the apartment was small so your Cabalmate could probably hear you from here.
Nicole wrote:'Yes... am I allowed to put the cap back on the bottle or does it have to leak out and make my jacket reek?' she answered curtly, slipping the bottle back into her pocket and striding towards the makeshift cell to take a look at the offending item. Now close, they'll see the Etherite is looking increasingly tired.
He sniffed the air briefly, "If that's ether or chlorophorm, best cap the bottle properly first, yes."

Anja wrote:Shawn whimpered when you hunched down next to him, bumping your rump into the wall in the process. He glanced at the screwdriver as if he expected you to stab him with it but he did not move, he just looked terrified and whimpered.

The screw was fairly easy to unscrew from the floor, it came right out as it was just screwed into wood, it was the kind of screw you might use to hang a shelf intended to carry some weight up on the wall, it held well but was not that hard to get out if one had a screwdriver. You got the hook loose from the floor, now Shawn could be moved he still was in chains but they could be removed once you where all out of harm's way and someone could sit down and pick the lock on the cuffs. On the plus side this way you got some really nice chain for the Chantry workshop. Rescue one vampire get high quality chains for free.
Nicole wrote:Nicole was silent as she worked the screws out with her Leatherman; the only sounds being the clink of metal, the squeak of her leather jacket, the grinding of wood and the occasional plink as she discarded each of the screws once out. Once done, she'll stand up and give a little sigh.

'Well, at least we can go. Fuck... you lot owe me eighty bucks. Utterly fucked the head of the driver, that did...' giving another sigh, folding up her multitool and putting it back in her pocket.
Jeremy wrote:"You got a chain. Doesn't that count for something." Serge said with a chuckle.
He arched an eyebrow, "If it's alright with you, I have a broken Leatherman tool, looks like the same model, that you can dismantle for parts. I've been meaning to do that myself, but just never got around to it; the pliers have come apart, and a sawblade is broken off, but the rest of the tools are apparently in decent shape."
He held out his hand, "Also, that ring?"

Anja wrote:Shawn continued to just look at you as you worked, after the second screw when it did not look like you would attack him he relaxed a little though he was still very tense and scared.

You got all four screws out without any problems and the kid's chains where generous enough in length that he could walk, though not very fast, meaning your group could leave.
"T....thank you Miss..."
Shawn said then he shuddered and curled up again afraid that you would harm him for speaking.
Jeremy wrote:"I know Nick here looks like a terrifying, horrifying, and frankly monstrous force of nature. But she's actually quite nice." Serge said with a smile, holding out a hand to help Shawn up. "Can you stand up?"
Nicole wrote:'Gee, thanks.' Nicole replied to Serge sulkily, flexing out her shoulders, which both hinted at her physique and showed that she was armed. 'Now I know why no guys took me back to meet their mothers...'
Anja wrote:Shawn looked at your weapons and his eyes grew big and he backed of and nearly fell while whimpering terrified.
Jeremy wrote:"Come on. I said you were nice." he said with a light-hearted smirk.
Nicole wrote:'Exactly. If the word gets out my bitch persona won't work no more...' tone unclear whether she was joking or not.
Anja wrote:The vampire quickly moved away from your hand, he looked from you to Nicole and back again and nodded.
"I...think so Sir..."
He muttered and he started struggling to his feet, protecting his burned arm as he did so.
Jeremy wrote:"That's good to hear. We can head back to the batmobile now." Serge said with a chuckle, placing his rejected hand back into his pockets. He watched as Shawn stood up, his mannerisms and his movements, in preparation for the illusion he planned to create.

Once Shawn was up, he stood up as well, glanced back at Colin and said, "I can get started on that illusion now. You want me to get on that?"
Anja wrote:Shawn looked down, he looked cowed and broken and he shid away from all of you afraid anyone could hurt him at any moment, and he looked so tired, bone tired and sad.
"I will do as you say Sir."
The boy whispered.
Nicole wrote:'Move out then. Any sign of reinforcements? Nicole said to the room in general, bouncing on the balls of her feet which was the obvious tell of when she wanted to do something. 'Wait... have an idea...' moving back to head to the kitchen, to take a quick look. Ideally, whether there was any bottles of booze there...
S7trif3 wrote:He checked Jon's app again, just to make sure. Then he said, "Clean up after ourselves; "We should also check out if there are any spells on our friend, or the items we've found." He took something out of his bag, a handkerchief, so he could use it on what they'd obviously touched that might leave a print like the doorknobs on the way out. Then he glanced at Hildegard, to see if she had started working on cleaning magickal traces so they could make their way to the next objective.
Jeremy wrote:"It won't be long now. Just hang in there." he said as he began to inspect the room and doorway that lead to it.

He was mainly looking places where he could draw his pictures and easily hide them from inattentive eyes. Hidden between decaying walls and marks and scratches in the apartment.
He extended a hand to Shawn - not toward the burned hand - and smiled, "You do that, son... Shawn, if you'd come with me for a few steps, you'll see the inside of your prison for the last time."

Anja wrote:Shawn suddenly looked up at you, well looked and looked his eyes glazed over and he whispered.
"You will find the one who took everything from your friend, he have a ally where two suns graces the skies, the ally are unaware of his friend's crimes...but be careful the one who shattered your friend is powerful and sly and the meeting will mean your death unless you have found the one who wanders beyond."
The young vampire quickly looked down again seemingly unaware that he had spoken as Flutter continued to dance on your shoulder.
S7trif3 wrote:Adley was taken aback at the sudden change in the vampire's demeanor, going on immediate alert until he realized what was happening. Though he wanted to write it down, he couldn't, as pencil would scare the shit out of him. So he tried to capture as much as he could, repeating it to himself in his mind. Some of it was, as prophetic speech tended to be, ambiguous. Carmon made the most sense, and the two suns was Horizon. The one who wanders beyond...was a mystery and it seemed he should not be too eager to find who destroyed Carmon's avatar before he'd found them.
Jeremy wrote:Serge listened to the vampires prophecy carefully and said nothing after it was finished, knowing it was meant solely for Adley and didn't want to distract his cabalmate from trying to interpret it.
He frowned and jotted down the prophecy in his own notebook while Shawn was focused on Adley, and tucked notebook and (recapped) pen back in his pocket, "Hum... right, well... once you're done removing our traces here and leaving an image of him behind, guide him down into the car... I've got to run upstairs and check on the Linear Mage there."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Rescuing Shawn, Traitors and Bothersome Ghosts IC Thread 38 - Page 15 Empty Re: Rescuing Shawn, Traitors and Bothersome Ghosts IC Thread 38

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:51 am

[Apartment]

Giving a smirk, Nicole uncorked the bottle and promptly poured most of it down the sink. Grabbed a cup or glass, then took them all into the living room - making sure everything was touched with her gloved hand. When she re-appeared she pressed the bottle, cup and opener to the ghoul's hand, then did similar with the cup-rim with her lips; hoping a few lipstick traces would be left there. Then strategically them around the couch, clearly desiring to make it look like the ghoul had been "drinking on the job".

Lipstick steins did get stuck on the glass. Elina never woke up as you worked around and set her up for her Master's ire.

He smiled wryly, then placed a hand on Serge's shoulder, "A time and place for such enthusiasm, son... plus, you've been so enamoured by our guardian angel's armour that you've overlooked his wings, it seems. But in the future, please don't go gushing over a vampire Prince's royal guard. It's embarrassing for everyone involved."

"He have wings Sir?"
Shawn asked and looked up then he quickly looked down again and he seamed nervous about having spoken fearing you would hurt him for speaking out of turn.

He smiled, "Most of the terms are largely interchangeable... we'll get around to teaching you the relevant nomenclature in time. First thing is to get you back to a healthy state of mind..."

The vampire looked like he was going to say something but then he looked down again and nodded.
"I will do my best to learn the words you want me to use Sir."
He whispered.

He smiled and gave Shawn a slight nod, "Good lad."

Shawn looked up at you surprised, clearly not sure what to do about praise, he had not had allot of it since he became what he was.
"Thank you Sir."
He muttered softly.

He extended a hand to Shawn - not toward the burned hand - and smiled, "You do that, son... Shawn, if you'd come with me for a few steps, you'll see the inside of your prison for the last time."

The boy hesitated he looked at you for a moment then he took a few uncertain steps forward, the chain and hook rattling behind him, he looked at your hand nervously but did not quite dare take it, at least he had stopped drawing back and was moving forwards.

He frowned and jotted down the prophecy in his own notebook while Shawn was focused on Adley, and tucked notebook and (recapped) pen back in his pocket, "Hum... right, well... once you're done removing our traces here and leaving an image of him behind, guide him down into the car... I've got to run upstairs and check on the Linear Mage there."

"I can remove any biological trace of us having been here and confuse magickal traces."
Hildegard suggested.
"We will get the young man to the car safely Mr Wainwright."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:03 am

[Apartments]

Nicole wrote:'Exactly. If the word gets out my bitch persona won't work no more...' tone unclear whether she was joking or not.

"Ahhh, I knew you were faking it." Serge said with a smirk, clearly choosing to interpret Nicole's words as a joke.

Anja wrote:"Just Knight...that is a title, their are addressed as Sir."
Shawn muttered and looked down.
"I am sorry Sir..."

"No need to apologize it's not your fault. It's the prince's fault." Serge said with a smile. "You'd think a million year old vampire would like a bit of theatrics."

Colin wrote:He smiled wryly, then placed a hand on Serge's shoulder, "A time and place for such enthusiasm, son... plus, you've been so enamoured by our guardian angel's armour that you've overlooked his wings, it seems. But in the future, please don't go gushing over a vampire Prince's royal guard. It's embarrassing for everyone involved."
Anja wrote:"He have wings Sir?"
Shawn asked and looked up then he quickly looked down again and he seamed nervous about having spoken fearing you would hurt him for speaking out of turn.

"Oh trust me, I noticed. I just wanted to keep that part a secret so I could surprise Shawn with that tidbit later." he said, tempering his enthusiasm somewhat. "But secrets out. Yeah, he's got massive wings. Like an angel of battle."

Colin wrote:He extended a hand to Shawn - not toward the burned hand - and smiled, "You do that, son... Shawn, if you'd come with me for a few steps, you'll see the inside of your prison for the last time."
Anja wrote:There was plenty of scratches, marks and blotches on the walls in the apartment for you to hide your symbols among. You could basically pick a spot. Shawn looked at you for a moment but he was still backing away looking scared and uncertain.

Seeing Shawn watching him, he smiled and said, "You wanna know why I'm certain the Capo won't come after us? Because, at least to him, you'll have never left at all."

He pulled out a piece of artist's coal and began to go to work, drawing symbols in between the marks and scratches of the room, hiding them in plain sight. Whoever entered the room would glance over them and think of them as merely the decay of the room.

He drew several small symbols. An injured frightened looking vampire bat hiding in a dark corner of the room, the same corner that Shawn had cowered in. In various other places of the room, hidden amongst the uncleanliness of the walls, he drew several runes.

Fehu (ᚠ), which stood for material wealth and possession, something that Shawn's captors cruelly saw him as.

Algiz (ᛉ), which stood for protection or shielding. The room was meant to keep anyone from getting to Shawn by keeping him trapped and separated from the world. A dark twist on what shielding something meant.

Lastly, Serge drew an arrow pointing right, a reversed version of the Kenaz rune (>). The most important rune that tied everything together. One that symbolized dishonesty, false hope, and hidden things. The whole purpose of the spell, to deceive Shawn's captors, provide them with false hope that their possessions were still protected, and to keep hidden the truth of the matter.

"That's the room done. I just need to mark one more place. Let's leave this dingy old room shall we." he said exiting the room and waiting for Shawn and everyone else to leave, before examining the door and doorframe that lead into Shawn's former room. He looked for the same thing he had done before, marks and scratches where he could hide symbols and magick drawings.

(OOC: Do I need to roll to see how well Serge hides his drawings or is it all right?)

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:30 am

[Apartments]

"No need to apologize it's not your fault. It's the prince's fault." Serge said with a smile. "You'd think a million year old vampire would like a bit of theatrics."

Shawn looked at you again clearly not knowing what to say.
"Ehm...yes Sir..."
He muttered clearly thinking just agreeing was his best chance of not getting hurt.

"Oh trust me, I noticed. I just wanted to keep that part a secret so I could surprise Shawn with that tidbit later." he said, tempering his enthusiasm somewhat. "But secrets out. Yeah, he's got massive wings. Like an angel of battle."

"That...is pretty cool Sir."
The vampire muttered looking up again.
"Have you spoken with him? Is he dangerous?"

Seeing Shawn watching him, he smiled and said, "You wanna know why I'm certain the Capo won't come after us? Because, at least to him, you'll have never left at all."

Shawn looked confused at this but he did not reply he just looked at you nervously.

He pulled out a piece of artist's coal and began to go to work, drawing symbols in between the marks and scratches of the room, hiding them in plain sight. Whoever entered the room would glance over them and think of them as merely the decay of the room.

He drew several small symbols. An injured frightened looking vampire bat hiding in a dark corner of the room, the same corner that Shawn had cowered in. In various other places of the room, hidden amongst the uncleanliness of the walls, he drew several runes.

Fehu (ᚠ), which stood for material wealth and possession, something that Shawn's captors cruelly saw him as.

Algiz (ᛉ), which stood for protection or shielding. The room was meant to keep anyone from getting to Shawn by keeping him trapped and separated from the world. A dark twist on what shielding something meant.

Lastly, Serge drew an arrow pointing right, a reversed version of the Kenaz rune (>). The most important rune that tied everything together. One that symbolized dishonesty, false hope, and hidden things. The whole purpose of the spell, to deceive Shawn's captors, provide them with false hope that their possessions were still protected, and to keep hidden the truth of the matter.

You got the drawings and runes well hidden on the makeshift cell's walls. They should do the trick and confuse the Giovanni long enough for your group to be well away before they discovered anything hopefully. Shawn kept looking at you as you worked but he said nothing.

"That's the room done. I just need to mark one more place. Let's leave this dingy old room shall we." he said exiting the room and waiting for Shawn and everyone else to leave, before examining the door and doorframe that lead into Shawn's former room. He looked for the same thing he had done before, marks and scratches where he could hide symbols and magick drawings.

Shawn where following Colin out, slowly the chains dragging after him, but he looked ready to run and hide at any sudden noise or movement. It was a little harder to find a good place to put your drawings on the outside of the room, but you found a few places where the paint had shipped so pladly a few more marks would hardly stand out.

(OOC: No that is fine they are hidden well enough but I can give me an Arete roll for Serge's spell.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:40 am

[Apartments]

He nodded firmly, "No-one goes alone tonight. Especially you, Miss Bouchard, and you know why. If my suspicions are right, we're almost on top of the hidden laboratory here, and that makes the entire area more dangerous than usual."
He nodded, giving Nicole a stern look, "If we split up like that for your reconnnaissance, you don't have to tell him everything, just enough about whose lives are at stake. I'll trust your better judgment in this, and you can trust his discretion."

He raised an eyebrow at Colin. He had no idea where that idea about the lab had come from but he was definitely curious, though he held his tongue.

There was a beat up notebook full of scribbles and a plastic pen on the floor, probably left there for Shawn to write up the visions he did remember in so he could present it to his owner visions to avoid torture. The vampire gave you a nervous look but he did not this time realize what he had just said it seamed.

"Would it be alright if we took your notebooks with us? Your handwriting could be used to track you by someone who knows how; plus perhaps there may be something interesting written there." It was the first thing he'd said aloud since entering the apartment.

"Hum... right, well... once you're done removing our traces here and leaving an image of him behind, guide him down into the car... I've got to run upstairs and check on the Linear Mage there."
"I can remove any biological trace of us having been here and confuse magickal traces."
Hildegard suggested.
"We will get the young man to the car safely Mr Wainwright.

He asked Hildegaard, "Very good, shall I assist with any cleaning or is it all tidied up?" Then he asked Collin, "Is someone going with you? Also you will need to call for permission, before we get to where we apparently are going."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:27 am

[Apartments]

"Would it be alright if we took your notebooks with us? Your handwriting could be used to track you by someone who knows how; plus perhaps there may be something interesting written there." It was the first thing he'd said aloud since entering the apartment.

Shawn looked at you his big scared eyes going to the notebook and he ndded.
"Yes...Sir the Capo ordered me to write up all visions I got, they are all in there, if there is not enough he would..."
The boy's voice trailed of and he shuddered.
"You can take it Sir."

He asked Hildegaard, "Very good, shall I assist with any cleaning or is it all tidied up?" Then he asked Collin, "Is someone going with you? Also you will need to call for permission, before we get to where we apparently are going."

"It would be good if you gave the apartment a check over to see if I have missed anything, I think I have it all but since these vampires are necromancers their hedge wizardry is at least somewhat advanced so it is best to be care ful and a fresh set of eyes and magick might catch something I have missed."
Hildegard requested.
"The way I understood it I and Mr Yager will take the boy to the car and Mr Wainwright will join us when he have spoken with the linear mage."
The Chorister said then she glanced back towards Shawn and pulled her phone out and typed up a message she did not send it though she only showed it to you it said.
"We are planning on taking the boy to the villa, if your Mentor agree, which I do not believe that he will. If he agree the boy will be kept there until it can be proven he can not harm an Avatar at which point we will take him to Steelhaven. However if it go more as I expect the Chief will say no, but then the villa is anyway a better and more private place to stake the boy than here in the apartment, we will in that case return to Steelhaven much faster."
Hildegard frowned as she gave you her phone with the message on it.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:44 pm

[Mattapan]

Colin's Post:

Nicole nodded to this, grudgingly.

[Apartments]

Colin's Post:

A little sigh as Nicole fished the ring out of her pocket; after pulling out an energy bar, the ether-stained rag and a pistol clip.

Serge's Post:

'Yeah, like I fake all them hours with the dumbbells, working the bag and making plans for more ink and holes.' ending with a raised eyebrow.

Anja's Post:

'Somebody help carry the chain.' she said distractedly, clearly wanting to get the hell out of there.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:38 pm

[Apartments]
Jeremy wrote:"No need to apologize it's not your fault. It's the prince's fault." Serge said with a smile. "You'd think a million year old vampire would like a bit of theatrics."
Anja wrote:Shawn looked at you again clearly not knowing what to say.
"Ehm...yes Sir..."
He muttered clearly thinking just agreeing was his best chance of not getting hurt.
Colin smiled wryly, "Serge... you are aware that vampires to not predate humanity right? If I've got the Prince somewhat rightly pegged, I'd say he's between eight and twelve hundred years old, not a million..."

Anja wrote:"He have wings Sir?"
Jeremy wrote:"Oh trust me, I noticed. I just wanted to keep that part a secret so I could surprise Shawn with that tidbit later." he said, tempering his enthusiasm somewhat. "But secrets out. Yeah, he's got massive wings. Like an angel of battle."
Anja wrote:"That...is pretty cool Sir."
He smiled, "He's only dangerous to people who attack our home... He's a gentle being to those under his protection."

Anja wrote:The vampire looked like he was going to say something but then he looked down again and nodded.
"I will do my best to learn the words you want me to use Sir."
He whispered.
He sighed, "It's alright, Shawn... you take your time, no-one is going to beat you for slipping up a little with us."

Anja wrote:Shawn looked up at you surprised, clearly not sure what to do about praise, he had not had allot of it since he became what he was.
"Thank you Sir."
He muttered softly.
He smiled, "There now, you don't have to apologize for existing anymore."

Nicole wrote:A little sigh as Nicole fished the ring out of her pocket; after pulling out an energy bar, the ether-stained rag and a pistol clip.
He nodded and took the ring, "Thank you."
He gave it a closer look, and sighed, giving Serge a wink, "Precious has been treated poorly, we will clean it, make it shiny like it's supposed to be, won't we, Precious?"

Anja wrote:The boy hesitated he looked at you for a moment then he took a few uncertain steps forward, the chain and hook rattling behind him, he looked at your hand nervously but did not quite dare take it, at least he had stopped drawing back and was moving forwards.
Nicole wrote:'Somebody help carry the chain.' she said distractedly, clearly wanting to get the hell out of there.
He nodded, "Only if Shawn allows it - we'll help him shoulder the load, but we're not taking the role of a new master, pulling his chains..."

Anja wrote:"I can remove any biological trace of us having been here and confuse magickal traces."
Hildegard suggested.
"We will get the young man to the car safely Mr Wainwright."
He nodded, turning the ring over between his fingers, "Capital. I will be right down, soon as I've warned the neighbour."

S7trif3 wrote:He asked Hildegaard, "Very good, shall I assist with any cleaning or is it all tidied up?" Then he asked Collin, "Is someone going with you? Also you will need to call for permission, before we get to where we apparently are going."
Anja wrote:"It would be good if you gave the apartment a check over to see if I have missed anything, I think I have it all but since these vampires are necromancers their hedge wizardry is at least somewhat advanced so it is best to be care ful and a fresh set of eyes and magick might catch something I have missed."
Hildegard requested.
"The way I understood it I and Mr Yager will take the boy to the car and Mr Wainwright will join us when he have spoken with the linear mage."
The Chorister said then she glanced back towards Shawn and pulled her phone out and typed up a message she did not send it though she only showed it to you it said.
"We are planning on taking the boy to the villa, if your Mentor agree, which I do not believe that he will. If he agree the boy will be kept there until it can be proven he can not harm an Avatar at which point we will take him to Steelhaven. However if it go more as I expect the Chief will say no, but then the villa is anyway a better and more private place to stake the boy than here in the apartment, we will in that case return to Steelhaven much faster."
Hildegard frowned as she gave you her phone with the message on it.
He nodded, "I will call the Chief and let him know of the change of plans, pending his approval, but the exact changes depends on the Linear Mage upstairs. I'll be fine on my own, I think, though if you hear shouting upstairs, feel free to come after me."
He gave Shawn a smile and a nod, "I'll be right back with you, I've just got to protect the neighbour from the Capo's wrath."
Then he sprinted up the stairs, found the hedge wizard's door, and gently knocked.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:42 pm

[Apartments]

A little sigh as Nicole fished the ring out of her pocket; after pulling out an energy bar, the ether-stained rag and a pistol clip.

The vampire looked at the ring as if he recognized it but he did not dare say anything.

Somebody help carry the chain.' she said distractedly, clearly wanting to get the hell out of there.

"I can carry it..please Miss I did not mean to make to much noise...please....don't hurt me."
Shawn pleaded desperately before he bent down and tried to grab the chain, whimpering from his badly wounded arm.

He smiled, "He's only dangerous to people who attack our home... He's a gentle being to those under his protection."

"He sounds...really cool Sir."
The frightened young boy said before he looked down again.

He sighed, "It's alright, Shawn... you take your time, no-one is going to beat you for slipping up a little with us."

The vampire looked at you for a moment looking confused he did not say anything though he just looked at you with terrified eyes.

He smiled, "There now, you don't have to apologize for existing anymore."

"I...I...thank you Sir."
The boy repeated softly.

He nodded and took the ring, "Thank you."
He gave it a closer look, and sighed, giving Serge a wink, "Precious has been treated poorly, we will clean it, make it shiny like it's supposed to be, won't we, Precious?"

The ring had not been badly treated for it's age it was actually holding up well but it was centuries old and needed some loving care and repair.
"My...grandfather had one of the prongs that hold the stone repaired by a silversmith before he died, and some other small repairs. We found the recite for the work with the ring."
Shawn muttered softly then he remembered himself and looked down.
"I am sorry for speaking out of turn Sir...I am sorry..."
He pleaded in a whimper.

He nodded, "Only if Shawn allows it - we'll help him shoulder the load, but we're not taking the role of a new master, pulling his chains..."

"I am trying to lift the chain Sir I am trying..."
The boy whimpered you saw a great deal of pain his his eyes, he could lift some of the chain with his good hand but had to use the other to catch all of it and it clearly hurt badly, you knew the pain of burns like that, and his arm would not obey him as the damage reached the muscles underneath the damaged skin.
"I do not mean to be a bother..."

He nodded, turning the ring over between his fingers, "Capital. I will be right down, soon as I've warned the neighbour."

"Very well."
Hildegard agreed with a nod.

He nodded, "I will call the Chief and let him know of the change of plans, pending his approval, but the exact changes depends on the Linear Mage upstairs. I'll be fine on my own, I think, though if you hear shouting upstairs, feel free to come after me."

"If there is trouble, I will rush upstairs Mr Wainwright and Mr Yager can stay with Shawn in the car."
Hildegard replied.
"But be careful please we do not know the capabilities of this linear mage, and they should not be underestimated, you have seen the power Miss Day can muster."
The Chorister said she frowned a bit when you mentioned speaking with the Chief though she clearly did not think the elder Hermetic would react favorably.

He gave Shawn a smile and a nod, "I'll be right back with you, I've just got to protect the neighbour from the Capo's wrath."

"The witch on the third floor. I have heard them discuss how they want to give her to the Tremere...of of their kind have the right to Sire in the city I think they hope he will choose the witch Sir...I will obey your friends Sir."

Then he sprinted up the stairs, found the hedge wizard's door, and gently knocked.

The door held a sign that said:

Palm reading: 15 dollars.
Tarot reading: 15 dollars.
Spellwork: 20 dollars plus materials.
I sell herbal candles, teas, soap and other products, ring the door bell for a consultation.

You knocked on the door and a handsome woman in the 30's opened the door, her skin color was a very dark brown like Ernje had when you had entered Adley's Quiet. Her hair was long and worn in about two dozen braids, strands of white and purple mixed in with her natural hair. Her face was pretty with a wide nose, almond shaped eyes, shapely lips and high cheekbones. The woman was wearing a pair of washed out blue jeans, a white floral top, and amethyst on a silver chain around her neck and large silver hoop earrings. One wrist held a multitude of gemstone bead drawstring bracelets and a large probably alloy of some sort cuff was on the other, her hands where long and elegant with several silver and gemstone rings. From inside the apartment you could smell tomato sauce being cooked.
"Yeah...hello what can I do for you?"
The woman said in a friendly tone of voice her soulful eyes studying your face for a moment.
"Did you want a consultation or to browse my products?"

(OOC: Arrrg and I think Colin would share my frustration my husband decided to use my jewelry making hammer to hammer in a nail and now it have dents in it which will transfer to everything I hammer with it. Sad )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:10 pm

[Apartments]
Anja wrote:The vampire looked at the ring as if he recognized it but he did not dare say anything.
Anja wrote:The ring had not been badly treated for it's age it was actually holding up well but it was centuries old and needed some loving care and repair.
"My...grandfather had one of the prongs that hold the stone repaired by a silversmith before he died, and some other small repairs. We found the recite for the work with the ring."
He pleaded in a whimper.
Colin froze for a few moments, looking from the ring to Shawn with a measure of reverence, "It's... the ring is yours? I did not imagine... Shawn, this is important, you are no longer just a thin-blooded vampire... you're..."
He glanced toward Adley, "...you're family... I'm going to hold on to the ring for a few days, clean it up nicely, and then, I promise, you'll have it back. I'm a silversmith myself, and I've got to look at this ring's history to confirm a few things, but... it looks like you've got one hell of a lineage..."

Anja wrote:"I can carry it..please Miss I did not mean to make to much noise...please....don't hurt me."
Shawn pleaded desperately before he bent down and tried to grab the chain, whimpering from his badly wounded arm.
Anja wrote:"I am trying to lift the chain Sir I am trying..."
The boy whimpered you saw a great deal of pain his his eyes, he could lift some of the chain with his good hand but had to use the other to catch all of it and it clearly hurt badly, you knew the pain of burns like that, and his arm would not obey him as the damage reached the muscles underneath the damaged skin.
He frowned, "Shawn... it's not about the noise, or the bother. Your arm is too badly hurt to carry the chain comfortably... Let Serge help you, please..."

Anja wrote:"If there is trouble, I will rush upstairs Mr Wainwright and Mr Yager can stay with Shawn in the car."
Hildegard replied.
"But be careful please we do not know the capabilities of this linear mage, and they should not be underestimated, you have seen the power Miss Day can muster."
The Chorister said she frowned a bit when you mentioned speaking with the Chief though she clearly did not think the elder Hermetic would react favorably.
Anja wrote:"The witch on the third floor. I have heard them discuss how they want to give her to the Tremere...of of their kind have the right to Sire in the city I think they hope he will choose the witch Sir...I will obey your friends Sir."
He frowned and nodded, "The witch upstairs, she's not the one I thought she might be, but the offer of temporary shelter should still be made. And never mind Miss Day, I've seen what the Chief at Morningstar can do. I don't think she will see me as a threat, though..."

Anja wrote:The door held a sign that said:

Palm reading: 15 dollars.
Tarot reading: 15 dollars.
Spellwork: 20 dollars plus materials.
I sell herbal candles, teas, soap and other products, ring the door bell for a consultation.

You knocked on the door and a handsome woman in the 30's opened the door, her skin color was a very dark brown like Ernje had when you had entered Adley's Quiet. Her hair was long and worn in about two dozen braids, strands of white and purple mixed in with her natural hair. Her face was pretty with a wide nose, almond shaped eyes, shapely lips and high cheekbones. The woman was wearing a pair of washed out blue jeans, a white floral top, and amethyst on a silver chain around her neck and large silver hoop earrings. One wrist held a multitude of gemstone bead drawstring bracelets and a large probably alloy of some sort cuff was on the other, her hands where long and elegant with several silver and gemstone rings. From inside the apartment you could smell tomato sauce being cooked.
"Yeah...hello what can I do for you?"
The woman said in a friendly tone of voice her soulful eyes studying your face for a moment.
"Did you want a consultation or to browse my products?"
He smiled thinly to the witch, "Ma'am, I'm afraid I'm the bearer of ill tidings. The fellow who owns the apartment downstairs is under the impression that you've knocked out his wards again - this time, that was my party's fault, but he doesn't know that - and he's intending to send an associate for you. I'm not certain as to how much you know about the world in which that lot lives, but going by your own rather impressive ward, you're not a mere charlatan. I've simply come to warn you to make your escape. Right now, my friends and I can offer you a hand in that regard, but we don't have much time to spare..."
He nodded to the sign, "Make a quick reading if you wish to confirm it, but the clock is ticking."

((OOC: Your hubby's lucky Colin's not there, or he'd have an interesting time of the next year. Very, very interesting, not quite to the extent Mrs. Taldor can expect, but in a similar vein. :/ ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:39 pm

[Apartments]

Colin froze for a few moments, looking from the ring to Shawn with a measure of reverence, "It's... the ring is yours? I did not imagine... Shawn, this is important, you are no longer just a thin-blooded vampire... you're..."
He glanced toward Adley, "...you're family... I'm going to hold on to the ring for a few days, clean it up nicely, and then, I promise, you'll have it back. I'm a silversmith myself, and I've got to look at this ring's history to confirm a few things, but... it looks like you've got one hell of a lineage..."

Shawn looked at you for a moment then he nodded a bit hesitantly.
"It is mine Sir...it was my grandfather's ring, we found it among his things when we cleaned up his house after he died. He was a bit of a hobby researcher and he said it had been in our family for a really long time, that it had first showed up in the basket of an abandoned baby boy in an convent somewhere in Italy...the Capo told his ghouls they could take anything of my stuff they wanted...so they took it..."
The boy muttered.
"I do not deserve nice things you can keep it Sir."
He whispered the young undead did not seam to understand the rest of what you where saying.
"I...just kept it because it seamed to be precious to my grandfather you know and I wanted to keep a memento of him."

He frowned, "Shawn... it's not about the noise, or the bother. Your arm is too badly hurt to carry the chain comfortably... Let Serge help you, please..."

Shawn looked at you again and nodded.
"O...ok Sir...thank you."
He muttered and he let Serge help with the chain but he still looked like he expected to be hit.

He frowned and nodded, "The witch upstairs, she's not the one I thought she might be, but the offer of temporary shelter should still be made. And never mind Miss Day, I've seen what the Chief at Morningstar can do. I don't think she will see me as a threat, though..."

Hildegard nodded she looked like she wanted to ask what you meant but she remained silent clearly not wanting to pry into your affairs.
"The woman is at risk of being turned into a vampire we have to help her avoid such a cruel fate."
The Chorister agreed.
"It is not something I would wish on anyone."

He smiled thinly to the witch, "Ma'am, I'm afraid I'm the bearer of ill tidings. The fellow who owns the apartment downstairs is under the impression that you've knocked out his wards again - this time, that was my party's fault, but he doesn't know that - and he's intending to send an associate for you. I'm not certain as to how much you know about the world in which that lot lives, but going by your own rather impressive ward, you're not a mere charlatan. I've simply come to warn you to make your escape. Right now, my friends and I can offer you a hand in that regard, but we don't have much time to spare..."
He nodded to the sign, "Make a quick reading if you wish to confirm it, but the clock is ticking."

The woman's eyes widened for a moment.
"I have been trying to clear some of the bad energy away from this place from time to time and have freed the captive ghosts held downstairs."
She said as she studied you for a moment.
"You do not look like a lying man Sir...I am not sure what you are referring do about the world the lot downstairs live in but I know they are part of organized crime and I do not want to end up with a bullet in my head."
The witch considered for a moment and bit her lip then she nodded.
"I will clear out for now, let me turn the stove off so I do not burn the building down, whatever or not I go to my sister in Maine or take you up on your offer that I can do a reading about on the way."
She said and she hurried inside and indicated you could come in with a gesture of her hand.
"You are a practitioner then?"
She asked as she turned of her stove and hurried into her bedroom to throw some things in a bag.

(OOC: Yeah well now I can not finish the pendant I was working on until I buy a new hammer. Then again I have ruined one of my good brushing paint brushes on helping Hufsa down when she got stuck in the roof of her cage, but that is my paint brush.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:07 pm

[Apartments]

Colin wrote:Colin smiled wryly, "Serge... you are aware that vampires to not predate humanity right? If I've got the Prince somewhat rightly pegged, I'd say he's between eight and twelve hundred years old, not a million..."

"Eh, I'm not too fussed on specifics. After a while ages sorta blend together." Serge said with a shrug.

Colin wrote:He nodded and took the ring, "Thank you."

Serge gave Colin a confused look at the wink. He glanced at the ring and said, "You seem really interested in that ring. Is it special?"

Anja wrote:"That...is pretty cool Sir."
Colin wrote:He smiled, "He's only dangerous to people who attack our home... He's a gentle being to those under his protection."
Anja wrote:"He sounds...really cool Sir."
The frightened young boy said before he looked down again.

"Only once. Briefly. Like a couple of words and then he went back on his patrol." Serge replied. "He's not dangerous as long as your not attacking the castle. He's quite friendly with all of the residents."

Colin wrote:He frowned, "Shawn... it's not about the noise, or the bother. Your arm is too badly hurt to carry the chain comfortably... Let Serge help you, please..."
Anja wrote:Shawn looked at you again and nodded.
He muttered and he let Serge help with the chain but he still looked like he expected to be hit.

Serge helped out Shawn out with his chains.

"You know, there's a keyhole on these chains. Are you sure you guys didn't find any keys for this thing?" he asked the group.

Anja wrote:You got the drawings and runes well hidden on the makeshift cell's walls. They should do the trick and confuse the Giovanni long enough for your group to be well away before they discovered anything hopefully. Shawn kept looking at you as you worked but he said nothing.
Anja wrote:Shawn where following Colin out, slowly the chains dragging after him, but he looked ready to run and hide at any sudden noise or movement. It was a little harder to find a good place to put your drawings on the outside of the room, but you found a few places where the paint had shipped so pladly a few more marks would hardly stand out.

Serge placed the last few runes hidden on the door and the doorway. The same ones he had placed within the room.

The door was just as important as the room, since whoever checked on Shawn may simply bang on the door and wait to hear the vampire's whimpering, never entering the room in the first place. He needed to make sure his drawings were capable of affecting anyone checking up on Shawn, no matter the method they used of doing so.

Once he connected the final pieces to his deception, he concentrated, putting himself inside the shoes of an angry Italian man wanting to make sure his bosses treasure remained safe and sound.

What would he need to hear? The sounds of scampering and whimpering. The sounds of rattling chains and fearful yet polite responses.

What would he need to see? A terrified and dirty Shawn, on the ground, cowering in a corner. Dingy clothing, burned arms, chains around his ankles attacked to the ring on hammered into the ground. The chains needed to move properly. Shawn needed to constatly looking down, fearful that any response would be met with backlash.

He had seen what the Italian man would. He closed his eyes and concentrated. Remembered everything Shawn had done up until this point. His mannerisms and demeanor, and did his best to make it come to life, focusing his imagination through the runes and markings that symbolized the deception he wished to perform and making what he thought come to life for anyone who witnessed his art.

(OOC: Mind 3 Entropy 2 effect. Creating a mental illusion of Shawn for anyone who glances at the hidden runemarks or drawings on the door or in the room. I want to effect hearing, sight and touch.

They'll simply hear Shawn if they stand in front of the door. If they open it and enter the room they'll see Shawn cowering in fear in the corner. If they attempt to grab Shawn they'll feel something. If I get enough successes I'll also make it so Shawn-illusion responds to questions directed at him and obey commands to the best of the illusions abilities. Entropy will help with this as it will cause the illusion to response in the most probably way and the way his interrogators expect.

Arete Roll: 7, 3, 2, 6 - 3, 7, 9, 5 - 5, 9, 8, 4 - 1, 4, 6, 8 - 3, 3, 2, 5 )
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:52 pm

[Apartments]

Colin's Post:

Giving a nod, Nicole made to leave the apartment; clearly checking that the coast was clear. Once she'd satisfied herself, she'd return to the apartment. 'Help them carry the weight, Grasshopper. The quicker we get in the car the better...'

[33 degrees. In the shade. Conclusion: I'm sweaty.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:14 pm

[Apartments]

"Eh, I'm not too fussed on specifics. After a while ages sorta blend together." Serge said with a shrug.

Shawn looked at you for a moment looking puzzled then he quickly looked down again.

"Only once. Briefly. Like a couple of words and then he went back on his patrol." Serge replied. "He's not dangerous as long as your not attacking the castle. He's quite friendly with all of the residents."

"He is a good guardian then Sir."
The vampire said and nodded.
"He sounds interesting."
He added nervously before he looked away again.

Serge helped out Shawn out with his chains.

"You know, there's a keyhole on these chains. Are you sure you guys didn't find any keys for this thing?" he asked the group.

"The guard have the key Sir."
Shawn muttered when you helped him with the chains he looked at you.
"Thank you Sir."

Serge placed the last few runes hidden on the door and the doorway. The same ones he had placed within the room.

The door was just as important as the room, since whoever checked on Shawn may simply bang on the door and wait to hear the vampire's whimpering, never entering the room in the first place. He needed to make sure his drawings were capable of affecting anyone checking up on Shawn, no matter the method they used of doing so.

Once he connected the final pieces to his deception, he concentrated, putting himself inside the shoes of an angry Italian man wanting to make sure his bosses treasure remained safe and sound.

What would he need to hear? The sounds of scampering and whimpering. The sounds of rattling chains and fearful yet polite responses.

What would he need to see? A terrified and dirty Shawn, on the ground, cowering in a corner. Dingy clothing, burned arms, chains around his ankles attacked to the ring on hammered into the ground. The chains needed to move properly. Shawn needed to constatly looking down, fearful that any response would be met with backlash.

He had seen what the Italian man would. He closed his eyes and concentrated. Remembered everything Shawn had done up until this point. His mannerisms and demeanor, and did his best to make it come to life, focusing his imagination through the runes and markings that symbolized the deception he wished to perform and making what he thought come to life for anyone who witnessed his art.

(OOC: Mind 3 Entropy 2 effect. Creating a mental illusion of Shawn for anyone who glances at the hidden runemarks or drawings on the door or in the room. I want to effect hearing, sight and touch.

They'll simply hear Shawn if they stand in front of the door. If they open it and enter the room they'll see Shawn cowering in fear in the corner. If they attempt to grab Shawn they'll feel something. If I get enough successes I'll also make it so Shawn-illusion responds to questions directed at him and obey commands to the best of the illusions abilities. Entropy will help with this as it will cause the illusion to response in the most probably way and the way his interrogators expect.

You felt the stirrings of Paradox as you worked, but while that sent a chill down your spine it also meant your effect was working well enough to tick reality of, and it had not failed so badly as to really tick the great Reckoner off. You manage to get up a pretty believable illusion and it should last all night if not a few days and if you where lucky it would fool the Giovanni all until it was no longer needed. The spell felt pretty good so you are reasonably sure it worked well and yes you could make the illusion affect touch as well.

(OOC: It is really hot here as well far to hot.)
(OOC 2: One dot of Dox for Serge enjoy.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:41 pm

[Apartments]
Jeremy wrote:Serge gave Colin a confused look at the wink. He glanced at the ring and said, "You seem really interested in that ring. Is it special?"
Colin nodded, speaking softly, "Is it special... Yes, it was made by a member of the First Cabal, a long time ago. I can tell you more about it in private."

Anja wrote:Shawn looked at you for a moment then he nodded a bit hesitantly.
"It is mine Sir...it was my grandfather's ring, we found it among his things when we cleaned up his house after he died. He was a bit of a hobby researcher and he said it had been in our family for a really long time, that it had first showed up in the basket of an abandoned baby boy in an convent somewhere in Italy...the Capo told his ghouls they could take anything of my stuff they wanted...so they took it..."
The boy muttered.
"I do not deserve nice things you can keep it Sir."
He whispered the young undead did not seam to understand the rest of what you where saying.
"I...just kept it because it seamed to be precious to my grandfather you know and I wanted to keep a memento of him."
He frowned, looked at the ring, then nodded, closing his hand gently around it, "Very well, I will hold on to it - there's magic to it that you cannot presently access, and I should in any case examine it more thoroughly to make sure there's no lingering nastiness from the ghoul who stole it. But make no mistake, it is yours, Shawn - by birthright - as it was left with your ancestor when he was left on that convent doorstep in 1470..."

Anja wrote:Shawn looked at you again and nodded.
He just smiled warmly.

Anja wrote:The woman's eyes widened for a moment.
"I have been trying to clear some of the bad energy away from this place from time to time and have freed the captive ghosts held downstairs."
She said as she studied you for a moment.
"You do not look like a lying man Sir...I am not sure what you are referring do about the world the lot downstairs live in but I know they are part of organized crime and I do not want to end up with a bullet in my head."
The witch considered for a moment and bit her lip then she nodded.
"I will clear out for now, let me turn the stove off so I do not burn the building down, whatever or not I go to my sister in Maine or take you up on your offer that I can do a reading about on the way."
She said and she hurried inside and indicated you could come in with a gesture of her hand.
"You are a practitioner then?"
She asked as she turned of her stove and hurried into her bedroom to throw some things in a bag.
He smiled thinly and fished out a business card, "Alas, miss, I am afraid their 'world' is a little bit darker than mere crime. I am guessing you are still rather unaware of the greater supernatural world... that's not an accusation; many Linear Magi like yourself, while quite capable and of respectable power, never come into contact with the myriad of other supernatural beings out there. Your downstairs neighbour, though, or rather the owner of the apartment, is not merely a member of the Giovanni crime family, but also a necromancer in his own right, hence the trapped ghosts."
He paused for a moment, extending his business card, "As for me, I am what is called an Awakened Mage, though that is what I am, not what I do for a living. If you want some proof of that... I can provide that, in quite the harmless manner, too."

((OOC: Honestly, anything above 18 degrees is inhumane... I believe it's supposed to hit 31 here tomorrow; not been quite that bad here yet.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:15 pm

[Apartments]

Shawn looked at you his big scared eyes going to the notebook and he ndded.
"Yes...Sir the Capo ordered me to write up all visions I got, they are all in there, if there is not enough he would..."
The boy's voice trailed of and he shuddered.
"You can take it Sir."

He nodded, then moved quietly over to where the book was kept. Out of habit, he kept himself from exposing himself in case Shawn's temperament changed, his back away from doors or being exposed. He glanced around at the closet the vampire was kept in, for anything else that might be used to track him or be useful and then after he retrieved the book he returned to his previous position.

The ring had not been badly treated for it's age it was actually holding up well but it was centuries old and needed some loving care and repair.
He pleaded in a whimper.

The look on Adley's face was similar to one that had bitten into something sour or unpleasant that surprised him, like rotten fruit that looked fine on the outside. "Och! Dén tó pistévo!" he muttered in Greek to Colin, pacing a little in place, agitated as the revelations piled up again and required an immediate outlet. "Mou eheis kanei ti zoe patini!"he said, shaking his head at Colin as if he would know what he was saying, which given Adley's mannerisms he probably would get the gist. "...xaná apó tin archí..." He sighed, then shook it off as the surprise settled into his mind and continued watching over the group.

"It would be good if you gave the apartment a check over to see if I have missed anything, I think I have it all but since these vampires are necromancers their hedge wizardry is at least somewhat advanced so it is best to be care ful and a fresh set of eyes and magick might catch something I have missed."
Hildegard requested.

"Very well. I can examine the ring, as well amicus," he offered to Colin.

He nodded at the first part, that she spoke out loud and waited for her to finish typing into her phone. He read it and then frowned to himself. He really, really...really didn't want to stake this kid, though he admitted he was a vampire and possibly dangerous. He poked at his brain to figure out something else that would work. Then he set about looking for anything out of the ordinary by employing his spell to search the primal threads for magick or other oddities in the Tellurian's fabric, as well as on Shawn's notebook and the ring if Colin had him look it over.

Nicole wrote:
'Somebody help carry the chain.' she said distractedly, clearly wanting to get the hell out of there.

"He's going to make more noise than Marley's ghost, if we don't carry it..."

"I can carry it..please Miss I did not mean to make to much noise...please....don't hurt me."
"I am trying to lift the chain Sir I am trying..."

He nodded as the vampire got some assistance and went back to helping elsewhere.

"Alright," he said, frowning after him.

// oh no he didn't! This is why I hide my sewing/cloth scissors, no one is putting them to paper D:
// Prime scan all the things!- prime 1: 6, 2, 8 (let me know if you want a separate roll for the ring or notebook)
// *I don't believe this/surprise - my life is on a roller skate/turned upside down, all over again

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:36 pm

[Apartments]

Anja's Post:

'What kind of ass-clown would let the guard have the key?' tone incredulous. Though then gave a shrug and went back to the ghoul to check her pockets...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:37 pm

[Apartments]

Colin wrote:Colin nodded, speaking softly, "Is it special... Yes, it was made by a member of the First Cabal, a long time ago. I can tell you more about it in private."

"Really? I'll be looking forward to it." Serge said with a nod.

Anja wrote:"He is a good guardian then Sir."
The vampire said and nodded.
"He sounds interesting."
He added nervously before he looked away again.

"Just wait till you see the picture of him." he said with a smile.

Anja wrote:"The guard have the key Sir."
Shawn muttered when you helped him with the chains he looked at you.
"Thank you Sir."
Nicole wrote:'What kind of ass-clown would let the guard have the key?' tone incredulous. Though then gave a shrug and went back to the ghoul to check her pockets...

"Perfect. That should be easy then. The guards asleep." Serge said with a nod, waiting patiently with Shawn for Nicole to bring back the key.

Anja wrote:You felt the stirrings of Paradox as you worked, but while that sent a chill down your spine it also meant your effect was working well enough to tick reality of, and it had not failed so badly as to really tick the great Reckoner off. You manage to get up a pretty believable illusion and it should last all night if not a few days and if you where lucky it would fool the Giovanni all until it was no longer needed. The spell felt pretty good so you are reasonably sure it worked well and yes you could make the illusion affect touch as well.

Serge shuddered slightly as the chill of reality grasped at him. "Haven't felt that in a while." he said scratching the back of his head.

He glanced back at the group and said, "Hey, could one of you guys place your ear against the door and tell me what you hear? The spell should be working fine but doesn't hurt to make sure."

(OOC: Serge's first hit of dox  Sad )
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:53 pm

[Apartments]

"Just wait till you see the picture of him." he said with a smile.

"I am sure it is nice Sir."
Shawn said politely.

Serge shuddered slightly as the chill of reality grasped at him. "Haven't felt that in a while." he said scratching the back of his head.

He glanced back at the group and said, "Hey, could one of you guys place your ear against the door and tell me what you hear? The spell should be working fine but doesn't hurt to make sure."

"Felt what Mr Yager?"
Hildegard asked as she went over to the make shift cell and listened.
"Oh my that sound exactly like if the boy where still trapped inside...well done child well done."
The Chorister praised.
"This should fool our foes for a while."

He frowned, looked at the ring, then nodded, closing his hand gently around it, "Very well, I will hold on to it - there's magic to it that you cannot presently access, and I should in any case examine it more thoroughly to make sure there's no lingering nastiness from the ghoul who stole it. But make no mistake, it is yours, Shawn - by birthright - as it was left with your ancestor when he was left on that convent doorstep in 1470..."

"I...don't deserve nice things I am just a thin blooded I taint all I touch."
Shawn muttered sadly.
"It was my grandfather's ring he was a good man, I was closer to him than my own parents, the papers he had found said the same thing...ancient adoption papers for an orphan boy left in a basket on a convent's doorstep, he was given to a baker and his wife who could have no children of their own...and that is what I remember of what I read in my grandfather's paper's Sir."
The boy said then he looked away.
"Forgive me Sir I should be quiet unless asked a question...please don't hurt me..."

He nodded, then moved quietly over to where the book was kept. Out of habit, he kept himself from exposing himself in case Shawn's temperament changed, his back away from doors or being exposed. He glanced around at the closet the vampire was kept in, for anything else that might be used to track him or be useful and then after he retrieved the book he returned to his previous position.

Shawn just looked at you and moved nervously away when you got to close to him. There where dried blood on the floor and wall, the boy had clearly been beaten and who knew what else in here, and some ash, perhaps from his burned arm before it healed to the state it was in now.

The look on Adley's face was similar to one that had bitten into something sour or unpleasant that surprised him, like rotten fruit that looked fine on the outside. "Och! Dén tó pistévo!" he muttered in Greek to Colin, pacing a little in place, agitated as the revelations piled up again and required an immediate outlet. "Mou eheis kanei ti zoe patini!"he said, shaking his head at Colin as if he would know what he was saying, which given Adley's mannerisms he probably would get the gist. "...xaná apó tin archí..." He sighed, then shook it off as the surprise settled into his mind and continued watching over the group.

Shawl suddenly jolted backwards, he understood you where upset and displeased though he did not understand the words, unsteady as he was on his feet he went down in a heap, curled up in a ball and started bawling, he was sure he had angered you and that he would be tortured for it and he lay on the ground in a fetal position crying.
"I am sorry...I am sorry...I am sorry!"
He repeated desperately.

He nodded at the first part, that she spoke out loud and waited for her to finish typing into her phone. He read it and then frowned to himself. He really, really...really didn't want to stake this kid, though he admitted he was a vampire and possibly dangerous. He poked at his brain to figure out something else that would work. Then he set about looking for anything out of the ordinary by employing his spell to search the primal threads for magick or other oddities in the Tellurian's fabric, as well as on Shawn's notebook and the ring if Colin had him look it over.

The ghoul off course was magickal, she had a disgusting Entropic and Static aura about her, Shawn had the same, the result of vampire blood. Then there was the residues of Hildegard's workings and the fresh Dynamic illusions Serge had made over Shawn's cell. The rings Colin was so concerned about had a considerable amount of perfect, clean, slightly Dynamic tass stored in it. Shawn's notebook was clean, for the most part but it had a bit of magick in it since it held prophecies though but there might be arcane connections around the room, there probably was, other than than mundanely it looked rather clean.

He's going to make more noise than Marley's ghost, if we don't carry it..."

"I am sorry...so sorry...please I will do better please Sir."
Shawn sobbed still curled up on the floor sure that you where displeased and would hurt him.

'What kind of ass-clown would let the guard have the key?' tone incredulous. Though then gave a shrug and went back to the ghoul to check her pockets...

Shawn did not reply he continued to cry on the floor after Adley scared him accidentally.

[Hedge wizard land]

He smiled thinly and fished out a business card, "Alas, miss, I am afraid their 'world' is a little bit darker than mere crime. I am guessing you are still rather unaware of the greater supernatural world... that's not an accusation; many Linear Magi like yourself, while quite capable and of respectable power, never come into contact with the myriad of other supernatural beings out there. Your downstairs neighbour, though, or rather the owner of the apartment, is not merely a member of the Giovanni crime family, but also a necromancer in his own right, hence the trapped ghosts."

"You say allot of confusing things Mr...Wainwright."
The witch said as she returned from her bedroom with a hastily packed bag. '
"Linear magi? Supernatural beings?"
She asked as she read your card.
"So you make pretty things in silver eh? There are worse jobs."

He paused for a moment, extending his business card, "As for me, I am what is called an Awakened Mage, though that is what I am, not what I do for a living. If you want some proof of that... I can provide that, in quite the harmless manner, too."

"What is an Awakened mage? Yeah sure Mr Wainwright prove it to me please."
The woman said sounding a bit doubtful.
"And I am Monica Quail."
She said and extended her hands, her bracelets clicking together as she did so.
"My grand mama who taught me said there where darker practitioners out there...perhaps like this...mobster who is a ehm...you said necromancer...perhaps I really should go see my sister in Maine."

(OOC: Like it said on a scissor box I saw once, if you use these scissors for anything but fabric I will cut you, but not with these scissors. Razz )

(OOC 2: I do not like heat.)

(OOC 3: Enjoy the Dox. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:04 pm

[Apartments]

Shawn just looked at you and moved nervously away when you got to close to him. There where dried blood on the floor and wall, the boy had clearly been beaten and who knew what else in here, and some ash, perhaps from his burned arm before it healed to the state it was in now.

At seeing the blood he got out gloves. Vampire blood was one of his least favorite things, on a long list of things he did not like.

Shawl suddenly jolted backwards, he understood you where upset and displeased though he did not understand the words, unsteady as he was on his feet he went down in a heap, curled up in a ball and started bawling, he was sure he had angered you and that he would be tortured for it and he lay on the ground in a fetal position crying.

He stopped in his tracks, his temper falling away. "I'm not angry with you, I'm sorry for being upset. But I'm not upset at you. I was just surprised. I'm not angry at you...or what you said," he said, feeling badly that he'd upset him to this point.

I am sorry...so sorry...please I will do better please Sir."
Shawn sobbed still curled up on the floor sure that you where displeased and would hurt him.

"I'm not angry with you," he repeated. "I am not going to punish you for what you said, I was just upset and surprised. Please, I'm not going to hurt you..." He was about to rub his face with his hand when he saw the gloves on and dropped them, casting an apologetic look to the others, including Shawn.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:10 pm

[Apartments]

Serge's Post:

'More than that now...' Nicole replied with a smirk, going over to the ghoul to search her pockets for said key.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:16 pm

[Apartments]

He stopped in his tracks, his temper falling away. "I'm not angry with you, I'm sorry for being upset. But I'm not upset at you. I was just surprised. I'm not angry at you...or what you said," he said, feeling badly that he'd upset him to this point.

"I did not mean to Sir I did not mean to!"
Shawn bawled, his thin frame shaking as he wept, he mad no sign to uncurl from his fetal position yet though and he just cried desperately completely terrified.

"I'm not angry with you," he repeated. "I am not going to punish you for what you said, I was just upset and surprised. Please, I'm not going to hurt you..." He was about to rub his face with his hand when he saw the gloves on and dropped them, casting an apologetic look to the others, including Shawn.

"I am sorry...I am so sorry..."
Shawn continued he did not seam to understand your words he was to upset and scared and he just lay there curled up bawling expecting to be tortured.
"I will never do it again...please..."

More than that now...' Nicole replied with a smirk, going over to the ghoul to search her pockets for said key.

In the ghoul's pockets you found a fine, embroidered handkerchief, a pack of gum and a small key they type often used for handcuffs and other such small locks.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:24 pm

[Apartments]

Anja's Post:

Giving a little shrug at the apparent stupidity of this eventuality, Nicole took the key to try it out on the lock on the chains.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:37 pm

[Apartments]

When you came back to the others you found Shawn on the ground in a fetal position bawling. You could check the chains but it would mean getting close to a very scared and upset vampire.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:37 pm

[Apartments]

Anja wrote:"Felt what Mr Yager?"
Hildegard asked as she went over to the make shift cell and listened.
"Oh my that sound exactly like if the boy where still trapped inside...well done child well done."
The Chorister praised.
"This should fool our foes for a while."

"The cold displeasure of the world." Serge replied, trying to sound cool. "If you open the door you should be able to see him as well. But if you can hear him than the rest of the spell is probably working all right."

Anja wrote:Shawl suddenly jolted backwards, he understood you where upset and displeased though he did not understand the words, unsteady as he was on his feet he went down in a heap, curled up in a ball and started bawling, he was sure he had angered you and that he would be tortured for it and he lay on the ground in a fetal position crying.
He repeated desperately.
Adley wrote:He stopped in his tracks, his temper falling away. "I'm not angry with you, I'm sorry for being upset. But I'm not upset at you. I was just surprised. I'm not angry at you...or what you said," he said, feeling badly that he'd upset him to this point.
Adley wrote:"I'm not angry with you," he repeated. "I am not going to punish you for what you said, I was just upset and surprised. Please, I'm not going to hurt you..." He was about to rub his face with his hand when he saw the gloves on and dropped them, casting an apologetic look to the others, including Shawn.
Anja wrote:"I did not mean to Sir I did not mean to!"
Shawn bawled, his thin frame shaking as he wept, he mad no sign to uncurl from his fetal position yet though and he just cried desperately completely terrified.
Anja wrote:"I am sorry...I am so sorry..."
Shawn continued he did not seam to understand your words he was to upset and scared and he just lay there curled up bawling expecting to be tortured.
"I will never do it again...please..."

"Shawn! Shawn. Don't worry. It's all right." Serge said getting back down on one knee to ensure he wasn't standing over the crying vampire. He made sure to keep his voice steady and soft, as elevating it would likely only upset Shawn further.

"It's all right. We're not blaming you for anything. You've done nothing wrong. Your a good kid and everyone here knows that." he said empathetically, trying to calm the vampire down.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 30  Next