Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rescuing Shawn, Traitors and Bothersome Ghosts IC Thread 38

5 posters

Page 16 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 30  Next

Go down

Rescuing Shawn, Traitors and Bothersome Ghosts IC Thread 38 - Page 16 Empty Re: Rescuing Shawn, Traitors and Bothersome Ghosts IC Thread 38

Post by Warpmind Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:48 pm

[Apartments]
Anja wrote:"I...don't deserve nice things I am just a thin blooded I taint all I touch."
Shawn muttered sadly.
"It was my grandfather's ring he was a good man, I was closer to him than my own parents, the papers he had found said the same thing...ancient adoption papers for an orphan boy left in a basket on a convent's doorstep, he was given to a baker and his wife who could have no children of their own...and that is what I remember of what I read in my grandfather's paper's Sir."
The boy said then he looked away.
"Forgive me Sir I should be quiet unless asked a question...please don't hurt me..."
Colin smiled and shook his head, "A baker's adopted son... Would that she'd been told... Don't fret about being quiet unless asked a question - while there will be times when you'll be expected to be silent unless spoken to, those times will be of a far different mood than this, and with sterner faces. I'll tell you more about your proud lineage later."

S7trif3 wrote:The look on Adley's face was similar to one that had bitten into something sour or unpleasant that surprised him, like rotten fruit that looked fine on the outside. "Och! Dén tó pistévo!" he muttered in Greek to Colin, pacing a little in place, agitated as the revelations piled up again and required an immediate outlet. "Mou eheis kanei ti zoe patini!"he said, shaking his head at Colin as if he would know what he was saying, which given Adley's mannerisms he probably would get the gist. "...xaná apó tin archí..." He sighed, then shook it off as the surprise settled into his mind and continued watching over the group.
Anja wrote:Shawl suddenly jolted backwards, he understood you where upset and displeased though he did not understand the words, unsteady as he was on his feet he went down in a heap, curled up in a ball and started bawling, he was sure he had angered you and that he would be tortured for it and he lay on the ground in a fetal position crying.
"I am sorry...I am sorry...I am sorry!"
He repeated desperately.
S7trif3 wrote:He stopped in his tracks, his temper falling away. "I'm not angry with you, I'm sorry for being upset. But I'm not upset at you. I was just surprised. I'm not angry at you...or what you said," he said, feeling badly that he'd upset him to this point.
Anja wrote:"I did not mean to Sir I did not mean to!"
Shawn bawled, his thin frame shaking as he wept, he mad no sign to uncurl from his fetal position yet though and he just cried desperately completely terrified.
S7trif3 wrote:"I'm not angry with you," he repeated. "I am not going to punish you for what you said, I was just upset and surprised. Please, I'm not going to hurt you..." He was about to rub his face with his hand when he saw the gloves on and dropped them, casting an apologetic look to the others, including Shawn.
Anja wrote:"I am sorry...I am so sorry..."
Shawn continued he did not seam to understand your words he was to upset and scared and he just lay there curled up bawling expecting to be tortured.
"I will never do it again...please..."
Jeremy wrote:"Shawn! Shawn. Don't worry. It's all right." Serge said getting back down on one knee to ensure he wasn't standing over the crying vampire. He made sure to keep his voice steady and soft, as elevating it would likely only upset Shawn further.

"It's all right. We're not blaming you for anything. You've done nothing wrong. Your a good kid and everyone here knows that." he said empathetically, trying to calm the vampire down.
He gave Adley a brief, dirty look for the outburst, as though implying he'd remember that for later, when his eyes widened a little, spotting the little glowing speck at Adley's shoulder, "Amicus... I think your little assistant may help here."

S7trif3 wrote:"Very well. I can examine the ring, as well amicus," he offered to Colin.
He nodded and held it up, "Have a look - and tell me what that Greek meant later."

[Hedge wizard land]
Anja wrote:"You say allot of confusing things Mr...Wainwright."
The witch said as she returned from her bedroom with a hastily packed bag. '
"Linear magi? Supernatural beings?"
She asked as she read your card.
"So you make pretty things in silver eh? There are worse jobs."
He smiled, "Silversmithing's a nice niche; less unpleasant than war, at least... And yes, I suppose some of the things I say can get confusing, especially when I have to get a feel for how much the person with whom I am speaking already knows, so I avoid rehashing needlessly or explaining too little. There are many kinds of beings in this world, from Magi to vampires to shapechangers to elemental spirits to ghosts, and on and on and on. Many interact, not always peacefully..."

Anja wrote:"What is an Awakened mage? Yeah sure Mr Wainwright prove it to me please."
The woman said sounding a bit doubtful.
"And I am Monica Quail."
She said and extended her hands, her bracelets clicking together as she did so.
"My grand mama who taught me said there where darker practitioners out there...perhaps like this...mobster who is a ehm...you said necromancer...perhaps I really should go see my sister in Maine."
He nodded, "Magia spectare."
He quickly refreshed the simple magical sight spell in his glasses, and took them off, handing them over, "Here, try looking at the world through these lenses, Miss Quail. Your grandmother was right, and while there are darker practitioners out there, there are nobler ones, as well. I try to stay solidly in the latter category..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Rescuing Shawn, Traitors and Bothersome Ghosts IC Thread 38 - Page 16 Empty Re: Rescuing Shawn, Traitors and Bothersome Ghosts IC Thread 38

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:57 am

[Apartments]

Anja's Post:

Nicole hesitated for a moment; letting the others attempt a diplomatic solution first. Though her demeanour made it obvious her patience was limited.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:54 am

[Apartments]

It was clear that he didn't need a glare to feel worse than he already felt, but he also didn't know what to do to make the vampire feel better, not worse, since he was the one that scared him in the first place. His face was glowing with embarrassment and shame at losing his temperament at such a poor time, and scaring someone who was so fragile. He felt as if he'd just kicked a puppy, even if it had not been on purpose his actions had caused this mess. He let Serge try to calm him down and then took Colin's advice to try to have his spirit friend assist him, copying Serge by squatting down but close enough that the spirit's presence might assist but not enough to crowd him further. He still knew how quick a vampire could be, especially one stressed out and wanted to keep an eye out for Serge just in case. "I should be the one apologizing. I am not upset at you. Shawn, please listen, I scared you and I'm sorry. I raised my voice because I was surprised by what you said but I am not angry at you for saying it. I just did not expect to find another...relative today. It wasn't my intention to cause you distress, but I did and it was my fault not yours. You are not going to be harmed over such a thing. Please, will you forgive me? Will you let my friends help you, so we can leave this place...please?"

He nodded and held it up, "Have a look - and tell me what that Greek meant later."

"I really am sorry, I was caught off guard by the revelation and...I didn't mean to scare him like that," he said, shamefaced. He took the ring with a frown and concentrated on it, seeing if anything needed to be lifted before he returned it to him.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:45 am

[Apartments]

Colin smiled and shook his head, "A baker's adopted son... Would that she'd been told... Don't fret about being quiet unless asked a question - while there will be times when you'll be expected to be silent unless spoken to, those times will be of a far different mood than this, and with sterner faces. I'll tell you more about your proud lineage later."

Shawn gave you a confused look.
"I do..not understand Sir I am sorry."
He whispered.

"The cold displeasure of the world." Serge replied, trying to sound cool. "If you open the door you should be able to see him as well. But if you can hear him than the rest of the spell is probably working all right."

"Paradox then well be careful about that Mr Yager, and yes I can hear him it will probably not be needed to open the door and scare the kid by seeing a copy of himself."
Hildegard replied.

"Shawn! Shawn. Don't worry. It's all right." Serge said getting back down on one knee to ensure he wasn't standing over the crying vampire. He made sure to keep his voice steady and soft, as elevating it would likely only upset Shawn further.

"It's all right. We're not blaming you for anything. You've done nothing wrong. Your a good kid and everyone here knows that." he said empathetically, trying to calm the vampire down.

"I made the man angry."
Shawn cried.
"Please I did not mean to."
He was still crying desperately but at least he listened to your words. But he was so scared, so scared that displeasing Adley would lead to him being tortured.

copying Serge by squatting down but close enough that the spirit's presence might assist but not enough to crowd him further. He still knew how quick a vampire could be, especially one stressed out and wanted to keep an eye out for Serge just in case. "I should be the one apologizing. I am not upset at you. Shawn, please listen, I scared you and I'm sorry. I raised my voice because I was surprised by what you said but I am not angry at you for saying it. I just did not expect to find another...relative today. It wasn't my intention to cause you distress, but I did and it was my fault not yours. You are not going to be harmed over such a thing. Please, will you forgive me? Will you let my friends help you, so we can leave this place...please?"

Shawn looked at you, his face was a mess of blood years now.
"I am very sorry Sir...I do not understand...relative?"
He whispered still crying but Serge had calmed him down at least a little. You saw the spirit fluttered down from your shoulder an floated over to Shawn, he could not see it but seamed to sense it's calming presence.
"Y....you do not need to...apologize to me Sir...I did wrong..."
He whispered and wiped at his tears but it really did nothing but make the mess worse.
"Y....you are not going to hurt me?"
Shawn asked sounding a bit doubtful he glanced fearfully in the direction of the living room and continued to cry but at least he was a little calmer.

"I really am sorry, I was caught off guard by the revelation and...I didn't mean to scare him like that," he said, shamefaced. He took the ring with a frown and concentrated on it, seeing if anything needed to be lifted before he returned it to him.

The ring held the tass and Resonance from the original creator and the family who had owned it but nothing else so it should be safe enough to bring along as is.

[Hedge wizard land]

He smiled, "Silversmithing's a nice niche; less unpleasant than war, at least... And yes, I suppose some of the things I say can get confusing, especially when I have to get a feel for how much the person with whom I am speaking already knows, so I avoid rehashing needlessly or explaining too little. There are many kinds of beings in this world, from Magi to vampires to shapechangers to elemental spirits to ghosts, and on and on and on. Many interact, not always peacefully..."

"I guess people will always need pretty things to wear."
The woman said and she glanced at you.
"And yes I suspect most things are more pleasant than war."
Monica's eyes widened.
"Spirits I know about but shapechangers and vampires? Unless you mean like psychic vampires surly you are joking there can not be any things like that right?"

He nodded, "Magia spectare."
He quickly refreshed the simple magical sight spell in his glasses, and took them off, handing them over, "Here, try looking at the world through these lenses, Miss Quail. Your grandmother was right, and while there are darker practitioners out there, there are nobler ones, as well. I try to stay solidly in the latter category..."

Monica hesitated but she took the glasses and put them on and looked around and gasped.
"Oh my you are glowing man!"
She exclaimed.
"W...what is this?"
She said as she gasped and continued to look around..
"This is just....amazing."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:51 pm

[Apartments]
Anja wrote:Shawn gave you a confused look.
"I do..not understand Sir I am sorry."
He whispered.
Colin shook his head, "It's alright, Shawn, there are many things about your family you don't know. We know a little more than you do, and you deserve to know about where you come from."

S7trif3 wrote:"I really am sorry, I was caught off guard by the revelation and...I didn't mean to scare him like that," he said, shamefaced. He took the ring with a frown and concentrated on it, seeing if anything needed to be lifted before he returned it to him.
He nodded, "I understand, it surprised me, too."

[Hedge wizard land]
Anja wrote:"I guess people will always need pretty things to wear."
The woman said and she glanced at you.
"And yes I suspect most things are more pleasant than war."
Monica's eyes widened.
"Spirits I know about but shapechangers and vampires? Unless you mean like psychic vampires surly you are joking there can not be any things like that right?"
He smiled thinly, "No, I'm afraid I'm quite literal. One of the finest children's cardiologists in Boston is a werewolf - and no, that's not a curse that can be transmitted to others, he's very much safe for children - and the only psychic vampires I've met are vampires who happen to have visions. In fact, we're rescuing one such fine young kid from your downstairs neighbour right now, he's been held captive and tortured for those visions, horrible state of affairs..."

Anja wrote:Monica hesitated but she took the glasses and put them on and looked around and gasped.
"Oh my you are glowing man!"
She exclaimed.
"W...what is this?"
She said as she gasped and continued to look around..
"This is just....amazing."
He grinned, "It's magic. More presicely, it's the glow of Quintessence, the base energy that makes everything possible. I'm sure you'll see plenty of your own Resonances - the echoes of your Will and Intent, to oversimplify - around the tools you've used, like your cards."
He turned serious again, "But again, Miss, I've got to stress that time is at a premium. Do you need a hand in packing the necessities and valuables? Because the goons that would be coming for you would be quite likely to loot to their black hearts' content."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:53 pm

[Apartments]

Colin shook his head, "It's alright, Shawn, there are many things about your family you don't know. We know a little more than you do, and you deserve to know about where you come from."

"I...are we related Sir? I...do not understand..."
Shawn muttered then he nodded.
"If you want to tell me Sir I will listen when you feel it is time."

[Hedge wizard land]

He smiled thinly, "No, I'm afraid I'm quite literal. One of the finest children's cardiologists in Boston is a werewolf - and no, that's not a curse that can be transmitted to others, he's very much safe for children - and the only psychic vampires I've met are vampires who happen to have visions. In fact, we're rescuing one such fine young kid from your downstairs neighbour right now, he's been held captive and tortured for those visions, horrible state of affairs..."

"I ehm...really? But if this is true how would such creatures be able to hide among the rest of us?"
Monica asked and she sounded rather doubtful of your claims.
"This cardiologist do he really change shape and these vampires do they drink blood and are immortal and such? That makes no sense at all, that can not be true."

He grinned, "It's magic. More presicely, it's the glow of Quintessence, the base energy that makes everything possible. I'm sure you'll see plenty of your own Resonances - the echoes of your Will and Intent, to oversimplify - around the tools you've used, like your cards."

The witch walked around a little and looked at her Tarot cards and her other tools.
"Damn...you are right...it all glows...I work with energies man but not like this!"
She exclaimed.
"It is all so beautiful."

"Assholes!..yeah some help would be nice. I do not have allot of valuables but if you could help me put everything on and in that dresser in this bag here."
She said and found another bag and pointed as a small dresser decorated as an altar. The she went and found a few pieces of silver where, a box of jewelry and a few dollars hidden in a cookie tin.
"The rest is mostly junk other than my products I guess the mafia will be smelling good if they steal my candles and soaps."
Monica said with a chuckle.

(OOC: It is hot, even the spider if poofed. Also the D&D GM wondered if you wanted to join the Discord server I said probably not but that I would ask for him Warp.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:11 pm

[Apartments]

Anja wrote:"I made the man angry."
Shawn cried.
"Please I did not mean to."
He was still crying desperately but at least he listened to your words. But he was so scared, so scared that displeasing Adley would lead to him being tortured.
Adley wrote:copying Serge by squatting down but close enough that the spirit's presence might assist but not enough to crowd him further. He still knew how quick a vampire could be, especially one stressed out and wanted to keep an eye out for Serge just in case. "I should be the one apologizing. I am not upset at you. Shawn, please listen, I scared you and I'm sorry. I raised my voice because I was surprised by what you said but I am not angry at you for saying it. I just did not expect to find another...relative today. It wasn't my intention to cause you distress, but I did and it was my fault not yours. You are not going to be harmed over such a thing. Please, will you forgive me? Will you let my friends help you, so we can leave this place...please?"
Anja wrote:Shawn looked at you, his face was a mess of blood years now.
He whispered still crying but Serge had calmed him down at least a little. You saw the spirit fluttered down from your shoulder an floated over to Shawn, he could not see it but seamed to sense it's calming presence.
He whispered and wiped at his tears but it really did nothing but make the mess worse.
Shawn asked sounding a bit doubtful he glanced fearfully in the direction of the living room and continued to cry but at least he was a little calmer.

"We would never hurt you Shawn. And you didn't do anything wrong." Serge said softly, repeating as many times as it was necessary. His face remained the same, soft and cheerful, seeing how showing too much concern may be attributed as upsetting him by Shawn.

"Like my friend said, he's not angry at you. He's not even really that angry. Shawn, we're gonna leave this place and never look back, all right?" Serge said, noticing Shawn's quick glances to the torture room living room.

Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:28 pm

[Apartments]

"We would never hurt you Shawn. And you didn't do anything wrong." Serge said softly, repeating as many times as it was necessary. His face remained the same, soft and cheerful, seeing how showing too much concern may be attributed as upsetting him by Shawn.

At first it did not seam like Shawn believed you but then after a while he seamed like he started to calm down a bit and the bawling slowed down to soft sobbing.

"Like my friend said, he's not angry at you. He's not even really that angry. Shawn, we're gonna leave this place and never look back, all right?" Serge said, noticing Shawn's quick glances to the torture room living room.

"O...ok..."
Shawn eventually said and he finally stopped crying.
"I did not mean to make your friend upset Sir."
He muttered again then he looked at you.
"We are really leaving Sir? Really?"
The boy was still scared and clearly surprised he was not getting tortured but at least he was calming down.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:31 pm

[Apartments]
Anja wrote:"I...are we related Sir? I...do not understand..."
Shawn muttered then he nodded.
"If you want to tell me Sir I will listen when you feel it is time."
Colin nodded, "It's... complicated. Very, very complicated."

[Hedge wizard land]
Anja wrote:"I ehm...really? But if this is true how would such creatures be able to hide among the rest of us?"
Monica asked and she sounded rather doubtful of your claims.
"This cardiologist do he really change shape and these vampires do they drink blood and are immortal and such? That makes no sense at all, that can not be true."
He smiled wryly, "Just keep in mind, two minutes ago, you hadn't heard of Awakened Magi, either. And yes, vampires drink blood and are mostly undead - though I have killed a few permanently - and the cardiologist does change shape. But it seems people without magic of their own tend to forget seeing shapechangers, well, change shape, and most others have rules to keep their true natures hidden from the unaware. You know, torches and pitchforks are still a thing, as is the Inquisition, even if its form has changed over the centuries..."

Anja wrote:The witch walked around a little and looked at her Tarot cards and her other tools.
"Damn...you are right...it all glows...I work with energies man but not like this!"
She exclaimed.
"It is all so beautiful."
He nodded, "It is beautiful. But there are also ugly sides to it, areas where stagnation and decay grow stronger and consume everything until the Cycle comes around for new growth... Most of Mattapan is such a place, but there are always little seeds of renewal popping up eventually..."

Anja wrote:"Assholes!..yeah some help would be nice. I do not have allot of valuables but if you could help me put everything on and in that dresser in this bag here."
She said and found another bag and pointed as a small dresser decorated as an altar. The she went and found a few pieces of silver where, a box of jewelry and a few dollars hidden in a cookie tin.
"The rest is mostly junk other than my products I guess the mafia will be smelling good if they steal my candles and soaps."
Monica said with a chuckle.
He nodded and started methodically going through the dresser, one drawer at a time, stacking things as neatly and snugly as if he were playing a complicated game of Tetris, "Well, some of the ghouls might mistake some of those soaps for candies or something... Oh, and I will need my glasses back once you feel done with them - they're rather an important Focal item for my own spellwork. Hum... those candles of yours, though - are those merely designed for assorted ritual workings, or ones with actual spells cast into them, such as for repelling malicious spirits as they burn or the like?"

((OOC: Oh, alright, I've opened a Discord account... gimme the link. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:40 pm

[Apartments]

Anja wrote:"O...ok..."
Shawn eventually said and he finally stopped crying.
"I did not mean to make your friend upset Sir."
He muttered again then he looked at you.
"We are really leaving Sir? Really?"
The boy was still scared and clearly surprised he was not getting tortured but at least he was calming down.

"Heck ya we are. First things first, we need to get rid of these chains around your ankles. Would it be all right if my freakishly muscly friend came over to unlock them for you?" Serge asked, wanting to give Shawn the experience of choosing rather than being forced.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:51 pm

[Apartments]

Serge's Post:

'The other option being us talking even more time here, and increasing the chances we run into somebody or bodies them Giovanni have sent to see why the guard ain't answering her cell.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:09 pm

[Apartments]

Colin nodded, "It's... complicated. Very, very complicated."

"I...understand Sir...things often are complicated."
Shawn muttered and he looked at you.

"Heck ya we are. First things first, we need to get rid of these chains around your ankles. Would it be all right if my freakishly muscly friend came over to unlock them for you?" Serge asked, wanting to give Shawn the experience of choosing rather than being forced.

The vampire was silent for a moment, he seamed shocked about being given a choice, then finally he nodded.
"O...ok Sir."
He muttered and glanced at Nicole and uncurled so she could reach his legs.

'The other option being us talking even more time here, and increasing the chances we run into somebody or bodies them Giovanni have sent to see why the guard ain't answering her cell.'

Shawn whimpered at that notion he did not want to end back up in the hands of the Giovanni even if he was not so sure he had escaped yet.

[Hedge wizard land]

He smiled wryly, "Just keep in mind, two minutes ago, you hadn't heard of Awakened Magi, either. And yes, vampires drink blood and are mostly undead - though I have killed a few permanently - and the cardiologist does change shape. But it seems people without magic of their own tend to forget seeing shapechangers, well, change shape, and most others have rules to keep their true natures hidden from the unaware. You know, torches and pitchforks are still a thing, as is the Inquisition, even if its form has changed over the centuries..."

"But if an occultist even indicate he or she believe in something like that then they are ridiculed by the community."
The witch protested.
"Well yes but you are not that different from me Mr Wainwright you might be able to pull off more impressive tricks but I have always known magic exist a undead being or a shapechanger that is something quite different."
Monica said.
"Hum forgetting that one have seen them and rules to stay in the shadows? Well I guess that makes sense but I am still not so sure I believe this.

He nodded, "It is beautiful. But there are also ugly sides to it, areas where stagnation and decay grow stronger and consume everything until the Cycle comes around for new growth... Most of Mattapan is such a place, but there are always little seeds of renewal popping up eventually..."

"Yes...I think I have been able to feel that, everything have stagnated and the energies around here are foul to be sure, but such destructive energies can be healed and turned around for good again."
The witch replied.

He nodded and started methodically going through the dresser, one drawer at a time, stacking things as neatly and snugly as if he were playing a complicated game of Tetris, "Well, some of the ghouls might mistake some of those soaps for candies or something... Oh, and I will need my glasses back once you feel done with them - they're rather an important Focal item for my own spellwork. Hum... those candles of yours, though - are those merely designed for assorted ritual workings, or ones with actual spells cast into them, such as for repelling malicious spirits as they burn or the like?"

You found a plethora of ritual equipment and crystals, none of it much expensive other than a set of small cast iron cauldrons and a silver bell, but the tools where clearly well loved and used. Monica nodded and put the glasses on the table.
"Ah yes off course. Ehm none of the candles, soaps or teas I have in stock have been imbued with magick as such, I cleanse and consecrate my stock as I work with them though, I do make spelled candles and such on demand but the general stock or for whatever use the customer see fit and most of my customers just want something that smell nice, and my insect repellent is a best seller."
She replied.
"Why where you wondering Mr Wainwright did you want something made?"

(OOC: I will send it to you on PM then.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:59 pm

[Apartments]

Anja's Post:

Crouching down, Nicole tries the key in the lock, half-expecting them not to work.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:08 pm

[Apartments]

Shawn looked at you with terrified eyes, he was quite a sight with blood ears having stained his cheeks and made a mess. The lock clicked and the foot irons gave way so you could get them off the boy's feet.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:13 pm

[Apartments]

Anja's Post:

'Fucking idiots...' Nicole muttered on seeing the irons unlock. Giving a tiny shrug, she'll then pull them off the vampires' feet.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:28 pm

[Hedge wizard land]
Anja wrote:"But if an occultist even indicate he or she believe in something like that then they are ridiculed by the community."
The witch protested.
"Well yes but you are not that different from me Mr Wainwright you might be able to pull off more impressive tricks but I have always known magic exist a undead being or a shapechanger that is something quite different."
Monica said.
"Hum forgetting that one have seen them and rules to stay in the shadows? Well I guess that makes sense but I am still not so sure I believe this.
Colin sighed, "Well, I suppose there's a bit of deliberate obfuscation going on - likely a few Awakened individuals secretly keeping tabs on the community to make sure the Laws of Shade aren't accidentally broken. That's for your protection as much as ours..."

Anja wrote:"Yes...I think I have been able to feel that, everything have stagnated and the energies around here are foul to be sure, but such destructive energies can be healed and turned around for good again."
The witch replied.
He nodded, "There's a Cycle, renewal to stagnation to destruction to renewal again... Some times, all Reality needs is the time to let things run its course."

Anja wrote:You found a plethora of ritual equipment and crystals, none of it much expensive other than a set of small cast iron cauldrons and a silver bell, but the tools where clearly well loved and used. Monica nodded and put the glasses on the table.
"Ah yes off course. Ehm none of the candles, soaps or teas I have in stock have been imbued with magick as such, I cleanse and consecrate my stock as I work with them though, I do make spelled candles and such on demand but the general stock or for whatever use the customer see fit and most of my customers just want something that smell nice, and my insect repellent is a best seller."
She replied.
"Why where you wondering Mr Wainwright did you want something made?"
He smiled as he worked, "You care well for your tools, I see... No, no special commissions, but there's always use for ritual candles at my Chantry, and I should finish up Christmas shopping soon. How much do you charge for a bundle?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:38 pm

[Apartments]

Anja wrote:The vampire was silent for a moment, he seamed shocked about being given a choice, then finally he nodded.
"O...ok Sir."
He muttered and glanced at Nicole and uncurled so she could reach his legs.
Nicole wrote:Crouching down, Nicole tries the key in the lock, half-expecting them not to work.
Anja wrote:Shawn looked at you with terrified eyes, he was quite a sight with blood ears having stained his cheeks and made a mess. The lock clicked and the foot irons gave way so you could get them off the boy's feet.
Nicole wrote:'Fucking idiots...' Nicole muttered on seeing the irons unlock. Giving a tiny shrug, she'll then pull them off the vampires' feet.

"Awesome. Can you stand up?" Serge said to Shawn, offering his hand once again to help the vampire up. He glanced back at the group and said, "One of you guys has a towel right? You mine passing it to Shawn so he could wipe away his tears?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:17 pm

[Apartments]

[quote'Fucking idiots...' Nicole muttered on seeing the irons unlock. Giving a tiny shrug, she'll then pull them off the vampires' feet.][/quote]

"I am sorry Miss...I am sorry..."
Shawn muttered nervously afraid that you where annoyed at him, you saw chafing and bruising around his ankles though that would probably heal once he had a meal."

"Awesome. Can you stand up?" Serge said to Shawn, offering his hand once again to help the vampire up.

The vampire hesitated, then he took your hand nervously with his good one, his hand was cold and sticky with blood.
"I...think so Sir...thank you."
He muttered and let you help him to his feet, the boy was very light as if he was almost hollow inside.

He glanced back at the group and said, "One of you guys has a towel right? You mine passing it to Shawn so he could wipe away his tears?"

"I have some wet wipes."
Hildegard said and she pulled a pack out of her bag and carefully handed them to Shawn, the boy looked scared at her for a moment before taking it.
"Thank you Ma'am."
He said before he opened the pack and offered it to you first so you could wipe your hands which had become bloody from touching his hand.
"Here you go Sir."
He offered nervously. The pack did contain several wipes.

[Hedge wizard land]

Colin sighed, "Well, I suppose there's a bit of deliberate obfuscation going on - likely a few Awakened individuals secretly keeping tabs on the community to make sure the Laws of Shade aren't accidentally broken. That's for your protection as much as ours..."

"What are the Law of Shade?"
Monica asked and she sounded rather confused.
"That seam to elaborate someone try to keep occultists from learning about supernatural creatures that just seam far to must like a young adult novel."
She said and pointed at a large collection of young adult books in her shelves.

He nodded, "There's a Cycle, renewal to stagnation to destruction to renewal again... Some times, all Reality needs is the time to let things run its course."

"Yeah perhaps so...I wish we got some renewal here soon through."
The witch said with a sigh.
"It is unfair there are folks with five cars and two mansions as vexation homes and there are folks in this building who can not put food on their children's plates every day and they have to go to shelters and hope to get a meal there."

He smiled as he worked, "You care well for your tools, I see... No, no special commissions, but there's always use for ritual candles at my Chantry, and I should finish up Christmas shopping soon. How much do you charge for a bundle?"

"I do care for them, there is allot of energies in those tools they are special to me. As for candles it depend on what sort of candle you want, and whatever it is to be wax or bees wax and what sort of herbs I am to use."
She said as she put a wooden box full of aromatherapy oils into her bag, along with several candle molds.
"I am sure we can come to an arrangement though I have an etsy page all my prices are there, since I have to leave allot of my molds and tools some of my stuff might take some time before I can make again though but just regular dipped candles I can make anywhere and anytime."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:40 pm

[Apartments]

Anja wrote:"I am sorry Miss...I am sorry..."
Shawn muttered nervously afraid that you where annoyed at him, you saw chafing and bruising around his ankles though that would probably heal once he had a meal."

"She's not talking about you. She's talking about the Capo and his methods." Serge assured the young boy.

Anja wrote:The vampire hesitated, then he took your hand nervously with his good one, his hand was cold and sticky with blood.
"I...think so Sir...thank you."
He muttered and let you help him to his feet, the boy was very light as if he was almost hollow inside.
Anja wrote:"I have some wet wipes."
Hildegard said and she pulled a pack out of her bag and carefully handed them to Shawn, the boy looked scared at her for a moment before taking it.
"Thank you Ma'am."
He said before he opened the pack and offered it to you first so you could wipe your hands which had become bloody from touching his hand.
"Here you go Sir."
He offered nervously. The pack did contain several wipes.

"Thanks." Serge said, taking the pack and using some wet wipes to wipe off his messy hands. When he was done he placed the bloody wet wipes he had used into his back pockets and gave the pack back to Ms. Gottschalk.

"I think we're good to go now right? We should probably hurry." he asked, pulling out his phone to check the map app and make sure that no vampires or ghouls had arrived to the building.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:43 pm

[Apartments]

Anja's Post:

'Not you, them.' nodding towards the couch containing the ghoul. 'Though that say it's rude to correct your enemy when they're making mistakes...'

'We ready to move out?' body language making it clear she wanted to get on the way.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:56 pm

[Apartments]

"She's not talking about you. She's talking about the Capo and his methods." Serge assured the young boy.

"O...ok...it is dangerous to say mean things about the Capo though Sir...he do horrible things."
Shawn muttered fearfully.

"Thanks." Serge said, taking the pack and using some wet wipes to wipe off his messy hands. When he was done he placed the bloody wet wipes he had used into his back pockets and gave the pack back to Ms. Gottschalk.

"Just hand the pack back to Shawn he offered you a wipe first Mr Yager he did not take any himself yet."
Hildegard said and Shawn indeed had not and he was as bloody as before.

"I think we're good to go now right? We should probably hurry." he asked, pulling out his phone to check the map app and make sure that no vampires or ghouls had arrived to the building.

"As soon as the boy clean himself up a bit yes we should be ready to go."
Hildegard said. The app showed no new vampires or ghouls but it was just a matter of time.
"And yes time is not on our side at the moment."
The Chorister agreed.

Not you, them.' nodding towards the couch containing the ghoul. 'Though that say it's rude to correct your enemy when they're making mistakes...'

"O...ok Miss..."
The vampire muttered he still looked terrified though.
"I...ehm...ok..."

We ready to move out?' body language making it clear she wanted to get on the way.

"Just about yes."
Hildegard said.
"We just need to get the boy cleaned up enough that we do not get the cops called on us."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:54 pm

[Hedge wizard land]
Anja wrote:"What are the Law of Shade?"
Monica asked and she sounded rather confused.
"That seam to elaborate someone try to keep occultists from learning about supernatural creatures that just seam far to must like a young adult novel."
She said and pointed at a large collection of young adult books in her shelves.
Colin nodded, "For Magi, the Law of the Shade is to protect the Sleepers, for they are innocent... That innocence protects them from a great many things they otherwise cannot protect themselves from. For vampires, maintaining the Masquerade means preventing mortals from discovering what they are. That means avoid killing to eat, and not drawing attention to their actions, as the Inquisition still exists in its vampire-hunting form, if only by another name... ah, avoid the Society of Leopold; they are a rather nasty bunch to everyone, really. And yes, it is elaborate, but occultists are on the threshold between sleepers - the unaware masses - and the Awakened, who know and have the power to act in this, hm, world of shadows, for lack of a better term. And a bit of an elaborate runaround is... better than a more ruthless alternative. Everyone wants to make sure they and their own are safe, after all..."

Anja wrote:"Yeah perhaps so...I wish we got some renewal here soon through."
The witch said with a sigh.
"It is unfair there are folks with five cars and two mansions as vexation homes and there are folks in this building who can not put food on their children's plates every day and they have to go to shelters and hope to get a meal there."
He nodded, "It will come, eventually. And one of my Cabalmates would love to take you up on that discussion... she might get a little preachy, though. Very... Marxist, I suppose. Of course, she's not exactly wrong..."

Anja wrote:"I do care for them, there is allot of energies in those tools they are special to me. As for candles it depend on what sort of candle you want, and whatever it is to be wax or bees wax and what sort of herbs I am to use."
She said as she put a wooden box full of aromatherapy oils into her bag, along with several candle molds.
"I am sure we can come to an arrangement though I have an etsy page all my prices are there, since I have to leave allot of my molds and tools some of my stuff might take some time before I can make again though but just regular dipped candles I can make anywhere and anytime."
He nodded, "I was thinking if you had any in stock here and now, actually - but if not, you have my number, so you can get back to me, say, in a week's time or two, perhaps?"
He finished up the items from the dresser and gently gave the bag a little lift to make sure everything seemed stable, "I think that's about it from there... do you have transportation?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:01 am

[Apartments]

Shawn looked at you, his face was a mess of blood years now.

"In a manner of speaking, it seems so. We should leave here so we can figure it all out..." The bloody tears of course bothered him, but he tried not to let it show, or any latent upset from earlier, either. It wasn't Shawn's fault, but vampire blood...crying blood was disturbing enough without the possibilities of what the stuff could do to a mage, and seeing Carmon and now this teenager do so was twofold worse.

"You did nothing wrong. You're not going to be hurt for saying what you did. I was just very surprised." He figured someone treated so poorly would not be likely to hear someone ask /them/ for forgiveness, but he was not naive enough to think just his words were getting through on their own. Serge and Flicker though seemed to be helping immensely to which he was grateful. As Serge went to help clean up Shawn, he simply pulled out another pair of gloves for him and offered them out. He didn't want to scare him when Serge had just calmed him down enough for Nicole to get the chain off, so he stood close enough for his spirit friend to help. Hell, Flicker's presence could possibly help his own mood settle as well, so he took a deep breath.

He nodded, "I understand, it surprised me, too."

"Sometime, I need to take lessons in your calm demeanor; I think I just swallowed too many surprises today. Not that I'm saying it was acceptable. Your ring seems fine to bring," he said, after examining it for him. Then he turned his attention to the notebook or anything else that had to be cleaned, or taken care of so they could leave.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:18 am

[Apartments]

Anja wrote:"Just hand the pack back to Shawn he offered you a wipe first Mr Yager he did not take any himself yet."
Hildegard said and Shawn indeed had not and he was as bloody as before.

Serge looked slightly surprised when he noticed that Shawn hadn't taken a wipe for himself and he quickly handed the pack back to the young vampire.

Anja wrote:"As soon as the boy clean himself up a bit yes we should be ready to go."
Hildegard said. The app showed no new vampires or ghouls but it was just a matter of time.
"And yes time is not on our side at the moment."
The Chorister agreed.
Nicole wrote:'We ready to move out?' body language making it clear she wanted to get on the way.
Anja wrote:"Just about yes."
Hildegard said.
"We just need to get the boy cleaned up enough that we do not get the cops called on us."

"Coast is clear on the outside." Serge informed the group, as they waited for Shawn.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:07 am

[Hedge wizard land]

Colin nodded, "For Magi, the Law of the Shade is to protect the Sleepers, for they are innocent... That innocence protects them from a great many things they otherwise cannot protect themselves from. For vampires, maintaining the Masquerade means preventing mortals from discovering what they are. That means avoid killing to eat, and not drawing attention to their actions, as the Inquisition still exists in its vampire-hunting form, if only by another name... ah, avoid the Society of Leopold; they are a rather nasty bunch to everyone, really. And yes, it is elaborate, but occultists are on the threshold between sleepers - the unaware masses - and the Awakened, who know and have the power to act in this, hm, world of shadows, for lack of a better term. And a bit of an elaborate runaround is... better than a more ruthless alternative. Everyone wants to make sure they and their own are safe, after all..."

"Well what you say make sense man, I am not so sure I believe these creatures exist but if they did then what you say makes allot of sense."
Monica said she still sounded rather doubtful.

He nodded, "It will come, eventually. And one of my Cabalmates would love to take you up on that discussion... she might get a little preachy, though. Very... Marxist, I suppose. Of course, she's not exactly wrong..."

"Yeah perhaps, I am more of a socialist than a communist though. I do not think it is wrong to own things I just think the rich should pay fair taxes and that helping the poor, free healthcare and affordable school and further education should be prioritized over more wars, more military spending and so on."
The witch said and she scratched her head.

He nodded, "I was thinking if you had any in stock here and now, actually - but if not, you have my number, so you can get back to me, say, in a week's time or two, perhaps?"
He finished up the items from the dresser and gently gave the bag a little lift to make sure everything seemed stable, "I think that's about it from there... do you have transportation?"

"I do have some candles in stock if you look over there."
The witch said and she pointed to a shelf full of various candles, tea blends, soaps, bath mixes and so on.
"What if we say three dollars for regular candles and ten for the figure candles right now since I would rather sell them to you can to have some mafia assholes loot them."
The woman said then she nodded.
"I have a car, it is not a fancy car but it will get me where I need to go."

[Apartments]

"In a manner of speaking, it seems so. We should leave here so we can figure it all out..." The bloody tears of course bothered him, but he tried not to let it show, or any latent upset from earlier, either. It wasn't Shawn's fault, but vampire blood...crying blood was disturbing enough without the possibilities of what the stuff could do to a mage, and seeing Carmon and now this teenager do so was twofold worse.

Shawn nodded he looked at you.
"Y...yes Sir."
He muttered agreeing about leaving.

"You did nothing wrong. You're not going to be hurt for saying what you did. I was just very surprised." He figured someone treated so poorly would not be likely to hear someone ask /them/ for forgiveness, but he was not naive enough to think just his words were getting through on their own. Serge and Flicker though seemed to be helping immensely to which he was grateful. As Serge went to help clean up Shawn, he simply pulled out another pair of gloves for him and offered them out. He didn't want to scare him when Serge had just calmed him down enough for Nicole to get the chain off, so he stood close enough for his spirit friend to help. Hell, Flicker's presence could possibly help his own mood settle as well, so he took a deep breath.

"I did not do something wrong Sir? But you where angry."
Shawn muttered, at least Serge and Flicker had calmed him to the point where he was no longer crying and he was working on getting back up, he still looked scared though, his gaze darting around the room.

"Sometime, I need to take lessons in your calm demeanor; I think I just swallowed too many surprises today. Not that I'm saying it was acceptable. Your ring seems fine to bring," he said, after examining it for him. Then he turned his attention to the notebook or anything else that had to be cleaned, or taken care of so they could leave.

The notebook should be fine, it was probably better to bring than leave as it held arcane connections to Shawn himself, but it did not contain energies that could be a danger to the Chantry, Shawn's blood on the floor though would need to be dealt with for that could be used to track him.

Serge looked slightly surprised when he noticed that Shawn hadn't taken a wipe for himself and he quickly handed the pack back to the young vampire.

"Thank you Sir...and Ma'am."
Shawn said to you and Hildegard and he took the offered wet wipe and started trying to get blood of his face.

"Coast is clear on the outside." Serge informed the group, as they waited for Shawn.

The vampire managed to wipe some of the mess off, at least enough that the police would not be called if he was seen, he put the tissue in his pocket like you had once he was done.
"Then we should leave."
Hildegard said.
"While the coast is still clear."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 30  Next