Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rescuing Shawn, Traitors and Bothersome Ghosts IC Thread 38

5 posters

Page 28 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

Rescuing Shawn, Traitors and Bothersome Ghosts IC Thread 38 - Page 28 Empty Re: Rescuing Shawn, Traitors and Bothersome Ghosts IC Thread 38

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:20 am

[Villa]

Colin smiled, "Not to worry, we'll be able to work something out. I mean, being Mr. Yager's Mentor, I'm sure we could come to some agreement."

"Y...yes Sir but I would not want to be a bother Sir not at all and you do not have to I am only a Thin Blooded I am nto worth much."
Shawn said nervously.

He shook his head, "Nothing to apologize for, it's an accurate summary of the bastards."

Shawn nodded he did not say anything else but it was clear he was not a fan of the Society of Leopold.

He nodded, "I believe I can - if there are any I cannot sever, I can at least render them hard to follow for some time, until someone better than myself can do it. Most likely, the Capo has a small sample of your blood or somesuch to trace you by."

"They do Sir, the Capo had my blood drawn several times and once a Tremere came and took some. I could not stop them Sir."
The boy said and he looked down clearly thinking it was his fault.

He shook his head, slowly picking up a couple of the flimsier chairs and gently moving around Shawn to carry them to the kitchen, "When you're done with your little sleights of hand, would you mind giving me a hand with these, and let Shawn catch his proverbial breath?"

Shawn eyed the chairs nervously and made sure he was a good way away from them as they where moved.
"Thank you Sirs."
He told you and Serge earnestly.

Back in the kitchen, he quickly found a nice glass and a pitcher large enough to contain both bags of blood, and emptied the bags into the pitcher, before bringing it all and a napkin back to the living room and setting it gently on the table.

Shawn's eyes followed the blood hungrily, he was clearly starving and his own nails bit into his palm, he was to afraid of punishment to take the blood before you told him he could though so he just looked at it longingly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Rescuing Shawn, Traitors and Bothersome Ghosts IC Thread 38 - Page 28 Empty Re: Rescuing Shawn, Traitors and Bothersome Ghosts IC Thread 38

Post by Warpmind Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:08 pm

[Villa]
Anja wrote:"Y...yes Sir but I would not want to be a bother Sir not at all and you do not have to I am only a Thin Blooded I am nto worth much."
Shawn said nervously.
Colin frowned, "Never say that again, Shawn. That's not you speaking, that's the Capo speaking, and he only said that to break you. Think about it, if he didn't see value in you, why would he have made the effort to spare you the Prince's wrath, and done so much to make sure you couldn't get away? Oh, no, he most certainly saw you as a valuable asset, and unfortunately little more than that... but you're a precious kid, visions notwithstanding."

Anja wrote:"They do Sir, the Capo had my blood drawn several times and once a Tremere came and took some. I could not stop them Sir."
The boy said and he looked down clearly thinking it was his fault.
He nodded, "Well, I'll have to cut the ties to those samples, then - or simply destroy them. Either would work just fine."

Anja wrote:Shawn's eyes followed the blood hungrily, he was clearly starving and his own nails bit into his palm, he was to afraid of punishment to take the blood before you told him he could though so he just looked at it longingly.
He smiled, "Go ahead, son, dig in - this stuff spoils quickly, after all, and you need it."
Moving the remaining offending chairs into the kitchen while Shawn ate, he eventually sat down again and picked up the dagger, looking closely at Shawn to discern his arcane connections, to figure out which were his parents, which were the ring and other treasured belongings, and which were the blood samples the Giovanni and Tremere had taken, and so on...
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:21 pm

[Villa]

Colin frowned, "Never say that again, Shawn. That's not you speaking, that's the Capo speaking, and he only said that to break you. Think about it, if he didn't see value in you, why would he have made the effort to spare you the Prince's wrath, and done so much to make sure you couldn't get away? Oh, no, he most certainly saw you as a valuable asset, and unfortunately little more than that... but you're a precious kid, visions notwithstanding."

"I...but the existence of Thin Blooded mean that the end times are coming Sir, the prophesies say so, that we herad the end of al vampires that is why we are chased away or killed when we are found in cities, we should not be."
Shawn muttered and he looked down.
"How can a herald of the end times be worth anything?"

He nodded, "Well, I'll have to cut the ties to those samples, then - or simply destroy them. Either would work just fine."

"O...ok Sir."
The young vampire muttered.
"What do you need me to do?"

He smiled, "Go ahead, son, dig in - this stuff spoils quickly, after all, and you need it."

Shawn bearly took the time to pour the blood into a glass before he gulped it down at some speed, filling the glass again he continued until the pitcher was empty, then he wiped his lips with the napkin and he did seam a little calmer now.

Moving the remaining offending chairs into the kitchen while Shawn ate, he eventually sat down again and picked up the dagger, looking closely at Shawn to discern his arcane connections, to figure out which were his parents, which were the ring and other treasured belongings, and which were the blood samples the Giovanni and Tremere had taken, and so on...

The connections to his blood was easy to find, they where very strong, there was aso the blood link to his Sire, you found the ring and his family bonds and several other connections.

(OOC: Please give me a roll to see how well Colin seperate the various Arcane connections on Shawn apart. Arcane, Prime and Corr 2.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:41 pm

[Villa]
Anja wrote:"I...but the existence of Thin Blooded mean that the end times are coming Sir, the prophesies say so, that we herad the end of al vampires that is why we are chased away or killed when we are found in cities, we should not be."
Shawn muttered and he looked down.
"How can a herald of the end times be worth anything?"
Colin frowned, "Well, to hell with that, you didn't ask for that, and it's not your fault. Punishing you for it is sort of like exterminating cats to stop a rat-borne plague... Besides, I figure that if we know how the end times are supposed to come, advance warning might help us stop the whole grisly affair before it happens."

Anja wrote:"O...ok Sir."
"What do you need me to do?"
He smiled, "Just sit and relax, I'll do the rest."

Anja wrote:Shawn bearly took the time to pour the blood into a glass before he gulped it down at some speed, filling the glass again he continued until the pitcher was empty, then he wiped his lips with the napkin and he did seam a little calmer now.
He smiled, "You needed that, didn't you? I'll see about trying to find you some more when we get home, if you're still hungry."

Anja wrote:The connections to his blood was easy to find, they where very strong, there was aso the blood link to his Sire, you found the ring and his family bonds and several other connections.
He pondered for a moment, gently beginning to sort through the fine threads, and flicked the dagger to cut the links to the stolen blood samples, hacking away with careful, precise little motions.

((OOC: Assuming an Arete roll, then? Colin doesn't actually have Arcane, he just fakes it with the Scrambler. Razz So, Arete rolls - taking a three rolls with this, I think, to get it right and make sure he gets all the unwanted links out while protecting the positive connections. 6,7,9 - 4,4,6 - 2,3,7.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:39 pm

[Villa]

Colin frowned, "Well, to hell with that, you didn't ask for that, and it's not your fault. Punishing you for it is sort of like exterminating cats to stop a rat-borne plague... Besides, I figure that if we know how the end times are supposed to come, advance warning might help us stop the whole grisly affair before it happens."

"No I never asked for it, I was just walking home one night from a gaming store I used to go to, when I felt someone grab me, then intense pleasure and then I died. My Sire was starving and lost control and drained me but she could not live with having killed a fifteen year old, so she tried, she knew she herself was considered Thin Blooded so there was only a fifty fifty chance of it working but it did work...but I never asked for it I would have wanted to go to High School, live with my parents, get a job, have a life and not...not this purgatory. But once I became this thing there was nothing I could do."
Shawn muttered softly and he looked down.
"Becoming a vampire is extremely painful, but far worse than the pain was the glimpse of what await me if this fragile unlife was to end, it is like if I dangle over an abyss Sir with only a thin thread keeping me from falling and even if I do not like what I am I dare not cut that thread."
"As for the coming calamity...it is coming I can feel them stirring from their slumber. I...do not know how the Thin Blooded fit into this though, perhaps in a way we are the curse coming full circle."

He smiled, "Just sit and relax, I'll do the rest."

"Ok Sir I can do that."
The young vampire replied and he sat down in a large, leather chair and tried to settle down, with limited success, he looked nervous and scared.

He smiled, "You needed that, didn't you? I'll see about trying to find you some more when we get home, if you're still hungry."

"I did need that thank you so much...and yes I am still hungry however I can not expect more you and your friends have already helped me so much Sir."
Shawn said and he glanced down at the floor.

He pondered for a moment, gently beginning to sort through the fine threads, and flicked the dagger to cut the links to the stolen blood samples, hacking away with careful, precise little motions.

You found the right connections to cut with little dificulty and removed them. Shawn looked at you the whole time looking rather scared and lost as you worked.
"Are there really connections tied to me Sir?"
He asked.
"What do they look like?"

(OOC: Ooops I was heading out and just wanted to write the post before going so I did not notice what the auto correct had done. It could be worse. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:09 pm

[Villa]
Anja wrote:"No I never asked for it, I was just walking home one night from a gaming store I used to go to, when I felt someone grab me, then intense pleasure and then I died. My Sire was starving and lost control and drained me but she could not live with having killed a fifteen year old, so she tried, she knew she herself was considered Thin Blooded so there was only a fifty fifty chance of it working but it did work...but I never asked for it I would have wanted to go to High School, live with my parents, get a job, have a life and not...not this purgatory. But once I became this thing there was nothing I could do."
Shawn muttered softly and he looked down.
"Becoming a vampire is extremely painful, but far worse than the pain was the glimpse of what await me if this fragile unlife was to end, it is like if I dangle over an abyss Sir with only a thin thread keeping me from falling and even if I do not like what I am I dare not cut that thread."
"As for the coming calamity...it is coming I can feel them stirring from their slumber. I...do not know how the Thin Blooded fit into this though, perhaps in a way we are the curse coming full circle."
Colin nodded, "I've heard tell of what awaits you - but there are ways to escape that end. Not easy; it seems petitioning a celestial god is necessary, but it can be done..."
He frowned, "Perhaps not full circle, though, so much as simply run out of steam... We'd have to research it quite a bit to come up with a better answer. I hope we have time."

Anja wrote:"I did need that thank you so much...and yes I am still hungry however I can not expect more you and your friends have already helped me so much Sir."
Shawn said and he glanced down at the floor.
He nodded, "We have a... contact who can provide. The hospitals always throw out whole blood that's too old or for some reason is unacceptable, such as if the donor has come up with an illness the day after donating or something. I have some to spare as it is, and we can get more as needed."

Anja wrote:You found the right connections to cut with little dificulty and removed them. Shawn looked at you the whole time looking rather scared and lost as you worked.
"Are there really connections tied to me Sir?"
He asked.
"What do they look like?"
He smiled, "It varies from Mage to Mage how they are perceived, but I see them as fine metallic threads - the links to your blood are sort of like rusted iron filaments, the links to your family look like a gold-brass alloy in colour, your connection to your ring is a platinum thread that sparkles, though part of that is probably the fact that the ring is a potent Quintessence battery with some 35 drams of Quintessence stored in it, give or take - that's the very lifeblood of Creation, and the most precious resource in Mage society. In and of itself, it is worthless to you, except as a commodity which others desire, but I will not permit this ring to be sold to anyone, though I will place a goodly share of the Quintessence to the Chantry's disposal. Hum, a reddish bronze thread... I think this one might be your Sire. Would you like to cut the last remnants of a tie to her, too, in case she's tracked down by someone to get to you?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:46 pm

[Villa]

Colin's Post:

'The guy ended up costing me at least fifteen k. Think I was more than enough justified.'

Colin's Post:

'Well, Henrietta is already doing that. Just working out if we have any other levers...' Nicole replied in a nonchalant manner, slipping the wallet back in her trouser pocket. 'Shit... you don't think he'd like know about me and want a more personal payoff?' looking distinctly uneasy about the prospect.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:04 pm

[Villa]

Colin nodded, "I've heard tell of what awaits you - but there are ways to escape that end. Not easy; it seems petitioning a celestial god is necessary, but it can be done..."
He frowned, "Perhaps not full circle, though, so much as simply run out of steam... We'd have to research it quite a bit to come up with a better answer. I hope we have time."

"Really mages can talk with Gods...that is so cool!"
Shawn exclaimed his earlier sadness forgotten for a moment turning to Serge he asked.
"Is not that cool Sir?"
Then he remembered himself and looked down.
"Forgive me Sirs and yes I would like to avoid that fate if I can as for where the Thin Blooded fit and if the horror on the horizon can be stopped...I don't know...I just know it is coming."

He nodded, "We have a... contact who can provide. The hospitals always throw out whole blood that's too old or for some reason is unacceptable, such as if the donor has come up with an illness the day after donating or something. I have some to spare as it is, and we can get more as needed."

"I did not know that Sir, I was to young to donate by the time I was made into a vampire. I had planned to do it when I turned 16, the legal age but that was still over a year away back then."
The vampire said and he looked at you for a moment.
"I am grateful Sir."
He muttered after a while.
"I do not know how I can repay you though."

He smiled, "It varies from Mage to Mage how they are perceived, but I see them as fine metallic threads - the links to your blood are sort of like rusted iron filaments, the links to your family look like a gold-brass alloy in colour, your connection to your ring is a platinum thread that sparkles, though part of that is probably the fact that the ring is a potent Quintessence battery with some 35 drams of Quintessence stored in it, give or take - that's the very lifeblood of Creation, and the most precious resource in Mage society. In and of itself, it is worthless to you, except as a commodity which others desire, but I will not permit this ring to be sold to anyone, though I will place a goodly share of the Quintessence to the Chantry's disposal.

"That sounds neat Sir I did not know such threads existed."
Shawn muttered wide eyed then he looked at the ring.
"I do not own anything, the Capo said property can't have property but...if I had anything to say about it I would not want to sell the ring, it belonged to my grandfather and his father before him all the way back I mean...but sure if it is magick in it you can off course use that it is not like it is of use to me as you say Sir."
The boy replied.

Hum, a reddish bronze thread... I think this one might be your Sire. Would you like to cut the last remnants of a tie to her, too, in case she's tracked down by someone to get to you?"

"I guess that would be safer for both of is Sir...she is herself illegal if discovered her and my grand Sire will be executed and if it is discovered she made me it will be even worse."
The young vampire said but he seamed sad about it and looked down at the floor again.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:46 pm

[Villa]

Anja wrote:"I...it is ok Sir...you do not need to apologize to me I am just a thin blooded."
Shawn said nervously and he glanced up at you with fear in his eyes.

"Thin-blooded just means you have cool vampire powers. Doesn't mean I don't have to apologize to you. Your a person Shawn and I'll treat you with respect just like I treat anybody else." Serge said sincerely.

Colin wrote:He shook his head, slowly picking up a couple of the flimsier chairs and gently moving around Shawn to carry them to the kitchen, "When you're done with your little sleights of hand, would you mind giving me a hand with these, and let Shawn catch his proverbial breath?"

"I will I will." Serge said, seeming distracted as he focused on his notepad in Shawn's hands.

Anja wrote:"I...I can do that Sir."
Shawn said, he glanced at the chairs with thin legs and decorative spokes in the back again nervously before he tossed the pad it the direction you had indicated seaming relieved he did not have to toss it at you.

Serge quickly snapped his head towards the notepad and then ahead of the notepad to where it was going to be. He remembered the stories he wished to copy, of heroes and villains moving so fast they seemed to teleport to their destination. Appearing behind their foes or catching arrows out of the air. He remembered how cool they look. How much he wanted to be like them.

He stepped forward, leaving his shackles, both reality's shackles and the actual shackles, as he moved through space and reached out to grab the notepad.

Anja wrote:"Really mages can talk with Gods...that is so cool!"
Shawn exclaimed his earlier sadness forgotten for a moment turning to Serge he asked.
"Is not that cool Sir?"
"Forgive me Sirs and yes I would like to avoid that fate if I can as for where the Thin Blooded fit and if the horror on the horizon can be stopped...I don't know...I just know it is coming."

"It is really cool. But not many people can do that." Serge said enjoying Shawn's bursts of enthusiasm.

(OOC: Correspondence 3 + Entropy 2 "Blink" to teleport to the notepad and catch it in mid-air. Entropy helps Serge determine where the notepad will be and the best place to teleport to and catch it. Most importantly, Serge is not teleporting the chains with him.

Arete Roll: 5, 1, 8, 6 - 2, 4, 6, 2

Ok, with the node nearby I think that's enough.)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:18 pm

[Villa]

"Thin-blooded just means you have cool vampire powers. Doesn't mean I don't have to apologize to you. Your a person Shawn and I'll treat you with respect just like I treat anybody else." Serge said sincerely.

Shawn looked at you for a long while then a hint of a smile could be seen on his face the first one he had made it quickly vanished but it had been there.

Serge quickly snapped his head towards the notepad and then ahead of the notepad to where it was going to be. He remembered the stories he wished to copy, of heroes and villains moving so fast they seemed to teleport to their destination. Appearing behind their foes or catching arrows out of the air. He remembered how cool they look. How much he wanted to be like them.

He stepped forward, leaving his shackles, both reality's shackles and the actual shackles, as he moved through space and reached out to grab the notepad.

The kid seamed impressed and he clapped his hands.
"That was cool Sir."
He said.
"Did you teleport?"

It is really cool. But not many people can do that." Serge said enjoying Shawn's bursts of enthusiasm.

"I guess it is really difficult Sir...but it is really cool, do you know anyone who can do that?"
Shawn asked and he seamed awed by such power.

(OOC: That will do it.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:34 pm

[Villa]

"Hello...I was told you wished to know when a certain lady with a cat was awake on Riverside." He said careful with names. "She is awake now and can speak now, she have spoken with me and there are some disturbing information I can not mention over the phone, but I thought you wanted to know."

"I see. Serious enough to require personal attention, rather quickly?" he asked, concerned given the recent information he'd gotten.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:38 pm

[Villa]

Anja wrote:The kid seamed impressed and he clapped his hands.
"That was cool Sir."
He said.
"Did you teleport?"

"I assume I did. Although it's kinda hard to tell at times." Serge said looking around the room to get his bearings and then at his wrists to see if he had indeed teleported out of them.

"How'd that look on your end?"

Anja wrote:"I guess it is really difficult Sir...but it is really cool, do you know anyone who can do that?"

"Maybe like one or two people. Although I can only guess whether they can do it or not. That's not a power most would openly advertise." Serge said with a chuckle.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:35 pm

[Villa]

"I see. Serious enough to require personal attention, rather quickly?" he asked, concerned given the recent information he'd gotten.

"Serious enough yes, though I am not sure much can be done even if that attention is given, but the situation are...complicated and dangerous and seeing that you saved her life, I thought you should know and also be warned."
Michael said and the Akashic sounded quite concerned.

"I assume I did. Although it's kinda hard to tell at times." Serge said looking around the room to get his bearings and then at his wrists to see if he had indeed teleported out of them.

"How'd that look on your end?"

You had indeed gotten the cuffs of, they lay on the floor where you had stood.
"Pretty much like an elder who can run faster than the eye can see Sir, so you are one place one second and somewhere else the next."
Shawn replied.

"Maybe like one or two people. Although I can only guess whether they can do it or not. That's not a power most would openly advertise." Serge said with a chuckle.

"No I guess most would want to keep such an ability to themselves Sir, even so that is really cool. I have heard that werewolves can talk with Gods and spirits as well."
The vampire replied.
"Though werewolves do not like my kind much so I have never asked."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:23 pm

[Villa]

Anja wrote:You had indeed gotten the cuffs of, they lay on the floor where you had stood.
"Pretty much like an elder who can run faster than the eye can see Sir, so you are one place one second and somewhere else the next."
Shawn replied.

"Yes! Finally!" Serge said striking a small victory pose with his newly freed hands before pocketing the newly caught notepad into his pockets. "You know how long I've been wanting to do something like that? I was trying to play catch with myself earlier today and kept fucking it up."

Anja wrote:"No I guess most would want to keep such an ability to themselves Sir, even so that is really cool. I have heard that werewolves can talk with Gods and spirits as well."
The vampire replied.

"I've heard about that as well. Werewolves seem pretty in touch with spirits. That's not something you see in most movies." Serge commented as he helped Colin with the chairs.

"You know there are other werebeasts as well? I've met a wererat and have heard about a were shark. God I wanna see what sorts of things those guys transform into."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:11 pm

[Villa]

"Yes! Finally!" Serge said striking a small victory pose with his newly freed hands before pocketing the newly caught notepad into his pockets. "You know how long I've been wanting to do something like that? I was trying to play catch with myself earlier today and kept fucking it up."

"It must have taken allot of hard work to learn Sir."
Shawn said sounding impressed.
"It looked very cool Sir."

"I've heard about that as well. Werewolves seem pretty in touch with spirits. That's not something you see in most movies." Serge commented as he helped Colin with the chairs.

Shawn stayed well out of the way of the chairs and he nodded.
"I guess not Sir but not everything follow what is in the movies after all, if it did we would all be in trouble."
The boy muttered carefully.

"You know there are other werebeasts as well? I've met a wererat and have heard about a were shark. God I wanna see what sorts of things those guys transform into."

"I did not know that Sir...that is pretty cool so there are many different types of wer creatures? What was the werrat like Sir?"
Shawn asked wide eyed.

(OOC: Shawn is likely to have met Coawa around the Chantry.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:07 am

[Villa]
Anja wrote:"Really mages can talk with Gods...that is so cool!"
"Is not that cool Sir?"
Jeremy wrote:"It is really cool. But not many people can do that." Serge said enjoying Shawn's bursts of enthusiasm.
Anja wrote:"I guess it is really difficult Sir...but it is really cool, do you know anyone who can do that?"
Jeremy wrote:"Maybe like one or two people. Although I can only guess whether they can do it or not. That's not a power most would openly advertise." Serge said with a chuckle.
Anja wrote:"No I guess most would want to keep such an ability to themselves Sir, even so that is really cool. I have heard that werewolves can talk with Gods and spirits as well."
The vampire replied.
Jeremy wrote:"I've heard about that as well. Werewolves seem pretty in touch with spirits. That's not something you see in most movies." Serge commented as he helped Colin with the chairs.

Anja wrote:"I did not know that Sir...that is pretty cool so there are many different types of wer creatures? What was the werrat like Sir?"
Shawn asked wide eyed.
Colin smiled thinly, "Well, now, anyone can talk to gods - that's simply called prayer. It takes a little more to actually get the gods to answer, and even more to get them to appear in person, especially if you wish to avoid going mad in the process... I've... met an individual who would be considered on par with a number of deities, though that's not someone it would be legal or safe for me to associate with - but that's rather a complicated issue altogether. I do know one person, though, who apparently has the knowledge to contact a celestial god; I'll be speaking with them about that later. Perhaps I can share some of that experience with you afterwards..."
He frowned, "As for shapechangers, you... do not necessarily want to see what they can all transform into. They don't just have an animal and a human form, they have a middle form that's... terrifying. I fought a few corrupted werebears in Chicago a couple of months ago; that was... not something I would like to see again..."
He shook his head, "As for the wererat, she's adorable, whether in her human or rat form. Might be able to introduce her to you someday. Well, some night, rather."

Nicole wrote:'The guy ended up costing me at least fifteen k. Think I was more than enough justified.'
He arched an eyebrow, "Well, damn... And the guy is not lying in an unmarked grave somewhere?"

Nicole wrote:'Well, Henrietta is already doing that. Just working out if we have any other levers...' Nicole replied in a nonchalant manner, slipping the wallet back in her trouser pocket. 'Shit... you don't think he'd like know about me and want a more personal payoff?' looking distinctly uneasy about the prospect.
He frowned, lowering his voice, "I believe most shapeshifters like that can sense kinfolk on sight... You'd best beware, just in case. And as I said, don't go alone, even if your'e headed off to meet someone else. Wait, Henrietta... you're meeting Miss Day? She'd best bring someone along from the Chantry, too..."

Anja wrote:"I did not know that Sir, I was to young to donate by the time I was made into a vampire. I had planned to do it when I turned 16, the legal age but that was still over a year away back then."
The vampire said and he looked at you for a moment.
"I am grateful Sir."
He muttered after a while.
"I do not know how I can repay you though."
He smiled, "You're our guest, Shawn; it falls on us as hosts to provide hospitality."

Anja wrote:"That sounds neat Sir I did not know such threads existed."
Shawn muttered wide eyed then he looked at the ring.
"I do not own anything, the Capo said property can't have property but...if I had anything to say about it I would not want to sell the ring, it belonged to my grandfather and his father before him all the way back I mean...but sure if it is magick in it you can off course use that it is not like it is of use to me as you say Sir."
The boy replied.
He nodded, "There are three people in this world I would consider to have the right to wear the ring, and that's you, myself, and Adley. I'll explain in a bit... though if you'll allow it, Mr. Yager can connect our minds, and I can share the tale in a manner than can't be overheard."

Anja wrote:"I guess that would be safer for both of is Sir...she is herself illegal if discovered her and my grand Sire will be executed and if it is discovered she made me it will be even worse."
The young vampire said but he seamed sad about it and looked down at the floor again.
He nodded and severed the connection, carefully looking over Shawn's remaining connections to make sure there wasn't anything dangerous he'd missed.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:46 am

[Villa]

Colin smiled thinly, "Well, now, anyone can talk to gods - that's simply called prayer. It takes a little more to actually get the gods to answer, and even more to get them to appear in person, especially if you wish to avoid going mad in the process... I've... met an individual who would be considered on par with a number of deities, though that's not someone it would be legal or safe for me to associate with - but that's rather a complicated issue altogether. I do know one person, though, who apparently has the knowledge to contact a celestial god; I'll be speaking with them about that later. Perhaps I can share some of that experience with you afterwards...

"Well yes I guess anyone can pray but that do not mean the Gods listen Sir...you have spoken to a God that is...so..."
Shawn looked at you seaming extremely impressed.
"I well...that is just amazing and you know another person who can talk with Gods...that is so cool Sir."

He frowned, "As for shapechangers, you... do not necessarily want to see what they can all transform into. They don't just have an animal and a human form, they have a middle form that's... terrifying. I fought a few corrupted werebears in Chicago a couple of months ago; that was... not something I would like to see again..."

"That must have been terrifying indeed Sir."
The young vampire whispered.
"They must have been huge!"

He shook his head, "As for the wererat, she's adorable, whether in her human or rat form. Might be able to introduce her to you someday. Well, some night, rather."

"I would like that Sir, she sounds cute."
The boy replied. He seamed a little more at ease no, a little bit.

He smiled, "You're our guest, Shawn; it falls on us as hosts to provide hospitality."

"Thank you Sir."
Shawn said politely and he glanced at you before looking down again.

He nodded, "There are three people in this world I would consider to have the right to wear the ring, and that's you, myself, and Adley. I'll explain in a bit... though if you'll allow it, Mr. Yager can connect our minds, and I can share the tale in a manner than can't be overheard."

"I...do not understand Sir?"
Shawn muttered.
"And Adley are that the man with the dark hair who is waiting outside?"
He asked then he looked at Serge for a moment.
"He can really do that Sir?"
The boy asked wide eyed.

He nodded and severed the connection, carefully looking over Shawn's remaining connections to make sure there wasn't anything dangerous he'd missed.

You seam to have gotten the arcane connections that needed to be taken out for the boy's safety. Shawn still looked rather sad.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:15 am

[Villa]

Colin's Post:

'Only learnt the price later on when I started to look into covers. And this was quite a bit before the gains.' ending with a a shrug of her considerable shoulders, tone rather nonchalant.

Colin's Post:

'It's not that I'm worried about. Well, not much. Ain't no grid girl, can defend myself and if anyone tried to force the issue they'd have the likes of Morgan and Hadermann to deal with.' Nicole replied, running a hand through her hair and making it rather obvious it worried her more than she was saying.

'With Henretta bringing backup... that might be kinda hard, as she's already left base. Plus, the rat is expecting one and three is going to be there. Is a fourth really needed? You know something that I don't?' ending with a frown, clearly suspecting Colin was holding out on her. Again.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:17 am

[Villa]

Anja wrote:"It must have taken allot of hard work to learn Sir."
Shawn said sounding impressed.
"It looked very cool Sir."

"It wasn't that hard. Just 3 months of non-stop effort." he said casually, unable to resist the urge to brag a little. "And this isn't even my main type of magick. I've yet to show you my best spells."

Anja wrote:Shawn stayed well out of the way of the chairs and he nodded.
"I guess not Sir but not everything follow what is in the movies after all, if it did we would all be in trouble."
The boy muttered carefully.

"Movies got most things right. And movies are still being made as the world changes so eventually we'll get one. Wouldn't be surprised if there was a story already out there about spirit talking werewolves." he mused, trying his best to sound casual and non-accusatory.

Colin wrote:He frowned, "As for shapechangers, you... do not necessarily want to see what they can all transform into. They don't just have an animal and a human form, they have a middle form that's... terrifying. I fought a few corrupted werebears in Chicago a couple of months ago; that was... not something I would like to see again..."
Anja wrote:"That must have been terrifying indeed Sir."

"That just makes me want to see them even more now. Half-way between bear and man. That's gotta look fucking amazing." he said with a smile. "That middle form is basically their battle form right? Man, I want a battle form. Something cool to transform into when the time calls for it."

Anja wrote:"I did not know that Sir...that is pretty cool so there are many different types of wer creatures? What was the werrat like Sir?"
Shawn asked wide eyed.
Colin wrote:He shook his head, "As for the wererat, she's adorable, whether in her human or rat form. Might be able to introduce her to you someday. Well, some night, rather."
Anja wrote:"I would like that Sir, she sounds cute."

"She's a white rat with super red eyes. When she's human those red eyes stay." he said describing strawberry. "Thinking back on it, she seemed to prefer her rat form to her human form. Said being human felt weird to her."

Colin wrote:He nodded, "There are three people in this world I would consider to have the right to wear the ring, and that's you, myself, and Adley. I'll explain in a bit... though if you'll allow it, Mr. Yager can connect our minds, and I can share the tale in a manner than can't be overheard."
Anja wrote:"I...do not understand Sir?"
Shawn muttered.
The boy asked wide eyed.

"Yay, more stuff Serge doesn't get to know about. Ahh well. I'm used to it." Serge said with a sigh. Turning towards Shawn he said, "Yeah I can do that. Pretty easily as well. I can even make it so that you two can talk to each other with your minds. Telepathy basically. No one will be able to hear you. Unless they have magick like mine."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:44 am

[Villa]

"It wasn't that hard. Just 3 months of non-stop effort." he said casually, unable to resist the urge to brag a little. "And this isn't even my main type of magick. I've yet to show you my best spells."

"That is pretty cool Sir, so your powers is not just one thing then?"
Shawn asked.

"Movies got most things right. And movies are still being made as the world changes so eventually we'll get one. Wouldn't be surprised if there was a story already out there about spirit talking werewolves." he mused, trying his best to sound casual and non-accusatory.

"Yes Sir."
Shawn said he did not argue but it was clear he did not completely agree here.

"That just makes me want to see them even more now. Half-way between bear and man. That's gotta look fucking amazing." he said with a smile. "That middle form is basically their battle form right? Man, I want a battle form. Something cool to transform into when the time calls for it."

"Can mages change shape to Sir?"
The vampire asked his eyes growing wider.
"And yes I bet the battle forms are pretty cool but I would not want to be near them as being thron limb from limb is not fun."

"She's a white rat with super red eyes. When she's human those red eyes stay." he said describing strawberry. "Thinking back on it, she seemed to prefer her rat form to her human form. Said being human felt weird to her."

"An albino rat Sir that do sound really cute...hum perhaps we is a rat first and then learned to turn into a human being and not a human who learned to burn into a rat."
Shawn commented.

"Yeah I can do that. Pretty easily as well. I can even make it so that you two can talk to each other with your minds. Telepathy basically. No one will be able to hear you. Unless they have magick like mine."

"That is really impressive Sir and also really practical. I have heard of vampires being able to do that but they are pretty old and experienced, telepathy is not unusual but linking minds is."
The boy again seamed very impressed.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:12 am

[Villa]

Anja wrote:"That is pretty cool Sir, so your powers is not just one thing then?"
Shawn asked.

"Nah, I got a bunch of different stuff I can do. A wizards always gotta have a bunch of spells up his sleeve." Serge said with a grin. "I can show you my main spells if you want."

Anja wrote:"Can mages change shape to Sir?"
"And yes I bet the battle forms are pretty cool but I would not want to be near them as being thron limb from limb is not fun."

"Some can. I know one person who can turn into a bear. I have no clue how they do it but really wanna learn." he replied. "Hey Shawn, if you could have a werewolf-esque animal battle form, what animal would you choose to battleform into?"

Anja wrote:"An albino rat Sir that do sound really cute...hum perhaps we is a rat first and then learned to turn into a human being and not a human who learned to burn into a rat."
Shawn commented.

"That's what I gathered as well. It's a pretty cool bit of information. The fact that werebeasts could be animals turning into humans. We're so used to it being the other way around." he commented.

Anja wrote:"That is really impressive Sir and also really practical. I have heard of vampires being able to do that but they are pretty old and experienced, telepathy is not unusual but linking minds is."

Serge chuckled a little. "It is practical isn't. Most mages are really frightened of it. If I so much as dare mention doing something like that I'm sure I'd get a pretty stern talking too. So I don't get to use it, or many of my powers, too often."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:54 am

[Villa]

"Nah, I got a bunch of different stuff I can do. A wizards always gotta have a bunch of spells up his sleeve." Serge said with a grin. "I can show you my main spells if you want."

"That would be really cool if you want to do so Sir, but you do not have to go to any trouble for me."
Shawn said a bit nervously he did not want to be a bother.

"Some can. I know one person who can turn into a bear. I have no clue how they do it but really wanna learn." he replied. "Hey Shawn, if you could have a werewolf-esque animal battle form, what animal would you choose to battleform into?"

"A mage who can turn into a bear Sir? That is amazing."
Shawn replied then he considered for a moment.
"Hum...let me think for a moment...a half animal half human bottle form right? Perhaps a sloth, they are slow but they have these really long claws."
The boy replied.
"Plus I already pretty much sleep all day."
He said with another hint of a smile which quickly vanished, but it was there for a second.

"That's what I gathered as well. It's a pretty cool bit of information. The fact that werebeasts could be animals turning into humans. We're so used to it being the other way around." he commented.

"It makes sense Sir, that since a wer being is halfway between a human and an animal they could originally be both humans and animals."
The young vampire said with a nod.

Serge chuckled a little. "It is practical isn't. Most mages are really frightened of it. If I so much as dare mention doing something like that I'm sure I'd get a pretty stern talking too. So I don't get to use it, or many of my powers, too often."

"I guess that is the way with our kind as well Sir, those who know telepathy or who are of Clans known to be good at it are often feared, they would fear that the telepaths would read the secrets out of their heads."
Shawn said and nodded.
"If I had been a real Toreador and not Thin Blooded eventually I would learn Telepathy I guess, most Toreadors do I am told."
The boy seamed a bit sad over the fact he would never be accepted by his Clan.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:09 pm

[Villa]
Anja wrote:"Well yes I guess anyone can pray but that do not mean the Gods listen Sir...you have spoken to a God that is...so..."
Shawn looked at you seaming extremely impressed.
"I well...that is just amazing and you know another person who can talk with Gods...that is so cool Sir."
Colin smiled thinly, "I know, it's quite intimidating... The god I spoke with, though, is what's called an Aswadim; a Mage who ascended to become a guiding force to lead future generations of Magi toward the unmaking of Creation. An enemy of everything we stand for... But on that day, our purposes happened to align, and he showed up for a friendly chat and to express his gratitude. I'm quite lucky I got away from that untainted..."

Anja wrote:"That must have been terrifying indeed Sir."
Jeremy wrote:"That just makes me want to see them even more now. Half-way between bear and man. That's gotta look fucking amazing." he said with a smile. "That middle form is basically their battle form right? Man, I want a battle form. Something cool to transform into when the time calls for it."
He frowned, "Those bears looked like they were 15 feet tall, and made of rage and muscle and rot... They were probably a little smaller, but no, you don't want to see that sort of thing. Fortunately, we had the means to utterly obliterate everything living in the narrow corridor they approached through, so they never reached us to try to tear us apart..."

Anja wrote:"Can mages change shape to Sir?"
Jeremy wrote:"Some can. I know one person who can turn into a bear. I have no clue how they do it but really wanna learn." he replied. "Hey Shawn, if you could have a werewolf-esque animal battle form, what animal would you choose to battleform into?"
Anja wrote:"A mage who can turn into a bear Sir? That is amazing."
Shawn replied then he considered for a moment.
"Hum...let me think for a moment...a half animal half human bottle form right? Perhaps a sloth, they are slow but they have these really long claws."
The boy replied.
"Plus I already pretty much sleep all day."
He said with another hint of a smile which quickly vanished, but it was there for a second.
He grinned, "I know a Mage who becomes an owl from time to time. In fact, his son is the owl who hangs around my apartment. As for me... I think I'd be a werebadger. And I mean a British badger, not the American variant."
He winked to Serge, "You know, the sort that looks like it is about to invite you in for tea and a biscuit."

Anja wrote:"I would like that Sir, she sounds cute."
Jeremy wrote:"She's a white rat with super red eyes. When she's human those red eyes stay." he said describing strawberry. "Thinking back on it, she seemed to prefer her rat form to her human form. Said being human felt weird to her."
Anja wrote:"An albino rat Sir that do sound really cute...hum perhaps we is a rat first and then learned to turn into a human being and not a human who learned to burn into a rat."
Shawn commented.
Jeremy wrote:"That's what I gathered as well. It's a pretty cool bit of information. The fact that werebeasts could be animals turning into humans. We're so used to it being the other way around." he commented.
Anja wrote:"It makes sense Sir, that since a wer being is halfway between a human and an animal they could originally be both humans and animals."
The young vampire said with a nod.
He nodded, "She's a rat who discovered how to human, yes."

Nicole wrote:'Only learnt the price later on when I started to look into covers. And this was quite a bit before the gains.' ending with a a shrug of her considerable shoulders, tone rather nonchalant.
He nodded thoughtfully, "You know... we could always use this coin to try to find the guy and... extricate your pound of flesh. In a figurative manner, at least."

Nicole wrote:'It's not that I'm worried about. Well, not much. Ain't no grid girl, can defend myself and if anyone tried to force the issue they'd have the likes of Morgan and Hadermann to deal with.' Nicole replied, running a hand through her hair and making it rather obvious it worried her more than she was saying.

'With Henretta bringing backup... that might be kinda hard, as she's already left base. Plus, the rat is expecting one and three is going to be there. Is a fourth really needed? You know something that I don't?' ending with a frown, clearly suspecting Colin was holding out on her. Again.
He pondered, "No-one should risk getting caught alone, what with the entire situation with the Union and everything. It's just that. However, I do suppose Adley and whoever Miss Day brings could be elsewhere, perhaps simply seated at the other side of the restaurant or wherever, while you and Miss Day consult with the Ratkin. If she's gone alone, though... no-one should be without backup, whatsoever. Best check in with her quickly, see if she's brought backup, too."

Anja wrote:"I...do not understand Sir?"
Shawn muttered.
The boy asked wide eyed.
Jeremy wrote:"Yay, more stuff Serge doesn't get to know about. Ahh well. I'm used to it." Serge said with a sigh. Turning towards Shawn he said, "Yeah I can do that. Pretty easily as well. I can even make it so that you two can talk to each other with your minds. Telepathy basically. No one will be able to hear you. Unless they have magick like mine."
Anja wrote:"That is really impressive Sir and also really practical. I have heard of vampires being able to do that but they are pretty old and experienced, telepathy is not unusual but linking minds is."
Jeremy wrote:Serge chuckled a little. "It is practical isn't. Most mages are really frightened of it. If I so much as dare mention doing something like that I'm sure I'd get a pretty stern talking too. So I don't get to use it, or many of my powers, too often."
Anja wrote:"I guess that is the way with our kind as well Sir, those who know telepathy or who are of Clans known to be good at it are often feared, they would fear that the telepaths would read the secrets out of their heads."
Shawn said and nodded.
"If I had been a real Toreador and not Thin Blooded eventually I would learn Telepathy I guess, most Toreadors do I am told."
The boy seamed a bit sad over the fact he would never be accepted by his Clan.
He nodded, then arched an eyebrow at Serge, "I never said you wouldn't be privy to that exchange. You are important for it, too. But I'd just rather not speak it aloud here, for now; the privacy of a telepathic chat would be far preferable, and might allow me to share sensory memories, too."

Anja wrote:You seam to have gotten the arcane connections that needed to be taken out for the boy's safety. Shawn still looked rather sad.
He smiled thinly to Shawn, slowly pocketing the dagger again, "Now, then, that takes care of that, you're clear of hostile links... I've not tampered with your link to your ring, or to your family, or any of the people, places and items you're fond of. In fact... hmmm..."
He squinted and pulled out the blade again, trying to find an arcane link to Shawn's handheld console that he'd mentioned in the car, looking to retrieve it for him.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:36 pm

[Villa]

Colin smiled thinly, "I know, it's quite intimidating... The god I spoke with, though, is what's called an Aswadim; a Mage who ascended to become a guiding force to lead future generations of Magi toward the unmaking of Creation. An enemy of everything we stand for... But on that day, our purposes happened to align, and he showed up for a friendly chat and to express his gratitude. I'm quite lucky I got away from that untainted..."

"There must be quite a story behind that encounter."
Shawn said he was clearly not fully understanding what you where saying.
"You must live an interesting life Sir."

He frowned, "Those bears looked like they were 15 feet tall, and made of rage and muscle and rot... They were probably a little smaller, but no, you don't want to see that sort of thing. Fortunately, we had the means to utterly obliterate everything living in the narrow corridor they approached through, so they never reached us to try to tear us apart..."

"I think I would have run away if I had seen that Sir that sound's terrifying."
Shawn said nervously.
"Was this on the same adventure where you met the God you spoke of Sir?"

He grinned, "I know a Mage who becomes an owl from time to time. In fact, his son is the owl who hangs around my apartment. As for me... I think I'd be a werebadger. And I mean a British badger, not the American variant."
He winked to Serge, "You know, the sort that looks like it is about to invite you in for tea and a biscuit."

"He can turn into an owl Sir and his children are owls? That is pretty cool, do he have an owl wife?"
Shawn asked and he looked like he was trying to wrap his head around that concept.
"I have seen badgers on that on TV Sir they are really cute."

He nodded, "She's a rat who discovered how to human, yes."

The young vampire nodded at that.

He smiled thinly to Shawn, slowly pocketing the dagger again, "Now, then, that takes care of that, you're clear of hostile links... I've not tampered with your link to your ring, or to your family, or any of the people, places and items you're fond of. In fact... hmmm..."
He squinted and pulled out the blade again, trying to find an arcane link to Shawn's handheld console that he'd mentioned in the car, looking to retrieve it for him.

You did find the ink to the handheld, it was not that hard to find a link to a loved personal belonging so you could probably open up a small portal and grab it. Shawn nodded at that he still looked down.

While you where looking for the PSP you heard your phone ring, Shawn jumped at the sound but then calmed down. You saw it was Jeffry's number.

(OOC: I said I was going to let you roll a die to see if Master Telar and Richard managed to analyze Shawn's blood in time, however when I rolled for the working for Cita she got a sucsess on every one of her six Arete die for the first roll so we can pretty much say that for her the analysis took a few minutes, she simply did not need to make it an extended roll.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:07 pm

[Villa]

Colin's Post:

The Etherite gave a look for a moment that she was considering it, then gave a shrug. 'Eh... what's the point? So he was shit who used me as a hotel, bedwarmer and practice-pad. That was ages ago. Don't really care no more.'

Colin's Post:

'The "situation with the Union" is the same as ever. And doubt she's at much risk simply driving - have organised to meet up before the meet. But if you're sure...' moving to pull out her cell, giving Colin a look...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next