Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Army of Ghosts, A Sad Nephanda and two Angels IC Thread 40

5 posters

Page 15 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 30  Next

Go down

An Army of Ghosts, A Sad Nephanda and two Angels IC Thread 40 - Page 15 Empty Re: An Army of Ghosts, A Sad Nephanda and two Angels IC Thread 40

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:28 pm

[Chantry Basement]

Anja wrote:Serge will find Nicole waiting near the door in the corridor; looking towards said door expectantly. On seeing Serge, gives a nod. Once he'd closed the door, the Etherite will start to talk.

'You questioning her? Know where the base she came from is at yet?'

"I'm not the one questioning her technically. Someone else is in charge of that. I'm just watching her until that person shows up." Serge said, nodding towards his cabalmate as well.

"I did try to get her to reveal where her labryinth was but I got...off track. You know apparently there's a syndicate construct in federal reserve bank of Boston and Dahl was a spy there?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

An Army of Ghosts, A Sad Nephanda and two Angels IC Thread 40 - Page 15 Empty Re: An Army of Ghosts, A Sad Nephanda and two Angels IC Thread 40

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:41 pm

[Basement]

"Them being stringent is what caused the technocracy to form and what caused the world to forget about magick. That lead to more problems than they expected. I'm sure they've learned there lessons." Serge said with a shrug.

"I was told it was because mages often tortured, sacrificed and accidentally blew up villages and such and the Order of Reason wanted to stop that."
Lita said and she cocked her head to the side.

"I doubt there completely magickless. Probably know a few small tricks here or there but your Mistresses mentor just lumped them in with Sleepers anyways." Serge reasoner.

"I do not remember my time with Mistress Lily very well but I remember that when she was torturing me I often pretened that I was somewhere else, pretended desperately this was not my situation, you are very good at that game are you not, pretending the world is the way you want it to be even when it is not?"
The pawn said and she giggle.

"And if they are real sleepers..well maybe they don't want to learn magick. We're making the assumption that everybody wants to learn magick, but there may be some who don't bother with it, even after accepting its existence."

"Why would they not want to learn?"
The woman said and she smiled.
"It would seam really silly not to want to learn."

"Don't think they'd eat me. Probably just wanted to eat my creativity if what the books have said are true."

"Okey."
Lita said and she smiled again.

"Nah, the spirit guardian was cool. Kinda wished I escaped on my own though." Serge said, purposefully not answering the question about being taken away by the fae.

"Okey..."
Lita repeated happily.

"Do the Hermetics have a rule like that? Like specifically not to do....that...with faeries. Because if so there's a story behind that rule. And I'm morbidly curious about it."

"Yeah...it is in the Code of Hermes...I will not molest the faries, it is in the same secion with everyone else they and not supposed to do things with, they have a long list."
The pawn said bobbing her head up and down.

On hearing the notification alert Serge pulled out his phone and quickly looked at the message.

"Looks like I need to step out for a bit. I'll be right outside. Be back soon." he said to Lita before getting up and heading outside to meet with Nicole.

"Okey..."
Lita said with a smile.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:53 pm

[Chantry Basement]

Serge's Post:

'Knew part of it, and could guess the rest.' Nicole replied, giving a rather nonchalant shrug. 'The Fed like controls the banks, so control of the local Fed means control of local banks. Which means it's a key position for the Union to hold. And the individual "Conventions" like to stick together more than we do. It's where the big boss Giovanni is being held right now... though we don't know whether he's a prisoner or a protected guest.' ending with a scowl. 'Hmm... need to let the Mirrorshades at the Port know that...'

'Know this ain't your job, but see if you can get out of her where their base is - remember her saying she came from it to come here. If she doesn't know for sure where it is, try to find out what is near it. Landmarks, stores, that kind of thing. Do that drawing thing you do. Oh, and how far she had to walk to get to the bus stop... we have the ticket, which means we know the rough location...'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:35 pm

[Outside Steelhaven - Penumbra]

"The one who have my name have a body turned to Mars and the Sun, their hair is gray and long and they speak with much authority."
Uncle Willard replied.

"Can you explain what you mean by their body being turned to the Mars and Sun? Are they in the sequence of linear time we manifested endure, look older than I or younger? Female or male in appearance, or otherwise? Are the hairs on their head white, or some shade of brown, black, reddish...? Is it someone you saw in another now, or were they new when they summoned you to stand idly by?"

"Yes there have been others but of those who are still incarnated in this now there is just one. I was bound to a stone angel statue by an old one with what I can't touch inside, they was noble and kind but knew they would leave the now, I was tasked with protecting their student, a little one with what I can not touch inside. The little one know my name, but in this now they are no longer little, they are bigger and their hair is white and they walk leaning on a long dead branch." The Umbrood replied.
"But the one who are using my name in such a foul name is not the little one with the stone angel statue."

"This one you speak of that is now older and with white hair is the only other one besides our mentor that knows your Name, that you know about, that is what you mean? Did that one that told you to stand by against your duties compel you to do other things as well, or not do other things? Do you know if they know other spirit names from our chantry? Or have you heard of anything else they may wish to do, or anyone else with them when you were summoned?"

"No the one who have my name remain is a place most foul."
Uncle Willard replied.

"Do you know where that place is?  Where did they summon you?"

// I'm betting there are more than one story about why Hermetics have rules not to mess with the fey.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:00 pm

"Can you explain what you mean by their body being turned to the Mars and Sun? Are they in the sequence of linear time we manifested endure, look older than I or younger? Female or male in appearance, or otherwise? Are the hairs on their head white, or some shade of brown, black, reddish...? Is it someone you saw in another now, or were they new when they summoned you to stand idly by?"

"They are like you...not like Master's other apprentice."
Uncle Willard said and he pointed from you to your sister.
"Their hair is white...they are not new, they have been incarnated for a while in the now."

"This one you speak of that is now older and with white hair is the only other one besides our mentor that knows your Name, that you know about, that is what you mean?

"I do not understand older...three know my name, my master, my former master who was small when their Mentor bound me to protect them but now they are bigger and walk with a stick, and the dark one who now try to control me."
The Umbrood replied.

"Do you know where that place is? Where did they summon you?"

"All space is one."
The angle replied as if that explained everything.

(OOC: Mostly the reason is that faeries are likely to mess back when they are messed with and Hermetics likes to stay alive.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:04 pm

[Basement]

Anja wrote:"I was told it was because mages often tortured, sacrificed and accidentally blew up villages and such and the Order of Reason wanted to stop that."
Lita said and she cocked her head to the side.

"There can be multiple reasons." Serge said with a shrug.

Anja wrote:"I do not remember my time with Mistress Lily very well but I remember that when she was torturing me I often pretened that I was somewhere else, pretended desperately this was not my situation, you are very good at that game are you not, pretending the world is the way you want it to be even when it is not?"
The pawn said and she giggle.

Serge stayed silent for a second, digesting the blunt truth that was told to him with such horrifying innocence. After a bit he simply smiled and said, "You are really really smart you know that. Yeah, I'm good at that game. I play it every day. Although I was never tortured...just lonely and bored."

Anja wrote:"Why would they not want to learn?"
The woman said and she smiled.
"It would seam really silly not to want to learn."

"And I'd wholeheartedly agree with you. But people are different and they have different interests." Serge said with a shrug.

Anja wrote:"Yeah...it is in the Code of Hermes...I will not molest the faries, it is in the same secion with everyone else they and not supposed to do things with, they have a long list."
The pawn said bobbing her head up and down.

"Have you read the code of Hermes?" he asked the girl, wondering how a Nephandi Pawn knew so much about the Traditions.

Nicole wrote:'Know this ain't your job, but see if you can get out of her where their base is - remember her saying she came from it to come here. If she doesn't know for sure where it is, try to find out what is near it. Landmarks, stores, that kind of thing. Do that drawing thing you do. Oh, and how far she had to walk to get to the bus stop... we have the ticket, which means we know the rough location...'

"Sure thing. Honestly an excuse to change the topic to something more pleasant is welcome." he said taking a quick backwards glance at the prison. "Shouldn't take too long. You gonna wait or should I text it to once I get the info?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:19 pm

[Parking lot]
Anja wrote:"That is quite acceptable. I will send the car at once."
The Prince's assistance replied.
"Unless there where some other matter you wished to discuss Mr Wainwright."
Colin smiled, "No, that should be adequate. Though you could let the chauffeur know that I will also hand over a modest gift to His Highness; a small lucky charm, the potency of which will hold until mid-February. It is a small expression of goodwill, for him to hold on to or gift to someone he favours as he pleases."

Anja wrote:You got a reply back from Jeffry.
"To: Mr W
That might be a Mercere, I will send someone out to meet them, Thank you for letting me know. How are things going with the prisoner release?"
Be well.
JM."
He typed back, 'Headed for St. Stephen's to make the transfer. If you wish, ask someone so technically inclined to keep an eye on the front of the church.'

((OOC: "Why do we have a specific law against dalliances with fairies?" "Easier and cheaper than having a full suit of iron armor made in case of a nasty breakup. Little bastards are vindictive." Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:21 pm

"They are like you...not like Master's other apprentice."
Uncle Willard said and he pointed from you to your sister.
"Their hair is white...they are not new, they have been incarnated for a while in the now."

"Thank you."

I do not understand older...three know my name, my master, my former master who was small when their Mentor bound me to protect them but now they are bigger and walk with a stick, and the dark one who now try to control me."
The Umbrood replied.

"I understand now."

"All space is one."
The angle replied as if that explained everything.

"In our material forms, in the sequence of time, some places have been befouled. Was it a fouled place in the now that you were called? Also, I note that you did not answer regarding if you had other instructions from the one that took your name that is dark within. Are you unable to answer that question?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:04 pm

[Chantry Basement]

Serge's Post:

'Call me. If you can't get me, tell Colin.'

[Hermetics have rules about fey for they like rules?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:14 pm

[Basement]

"There can be multiple reasons." Serge said with a shrug.

"Okey..."
Lita said and she smiled to you.

Serge stayed silent for a second, digesting the blunt truth that was told to him with such horrifying innocence. After a bit he simply smiled and said, "You are really really smart you know that. Yeah, I'm good at that game. I play it every day. Although I was never tortured...just lonely and bored."

"Yes I am smart...I have read many books."
The pawn said proudly, she had kicked her shoes of and was now bending forward playing with her toes as she was bored of the cell.
"It is a good game, if you are really good at it, no one can ever...ever hurt you."
She said and smiled.

"And I'd wholeheartedly agree with you. But people are different and they have different interests." Serge said with a shrug.

"Yeah...but magic is practical, if everyone can learn, it do not make sense that they do not, it is like with phones they are practical whatever or not you really like them."
The pawn replied.

"Have you read the code of Hermes?" he asked the girl, wondering how a Nephandi Pawn knew so much about the Traditions.

"Yes...both the old version and the new version, the new version adds more stuff you are not supposed to do, it must be boring to be a Hermetic, though they have cool spells and it looks cool with those hand gestures."
Lita declared.

[Parking lot]

Colin smiled, "No, that should be adequate. Though you could let the chauffeur know that I will also hand over a modest gift to His Highness; a small lucky charm, the potency of which will hold until mid-February. It is a small expression of goodwill, for him to hold on to or gift to someone he favours as he pleases."

"I will give that information to the driver and make sure my employer get your generous gift Mr Wainwright."
The secretasy said in a matter of factly tone of voice.
"Very well then good evening Mr Wainwright, thank you for returning Miss Milliner and her servant as unharmed as possible I am sure that can be used as a basis for diplomatic relations between your society and my employer."

He typed back, 'Headed for St. Stephen's to make the transfer. If you wish, ask someone so technically inclined to keep an eye on the front of the church.'

You got a reply back from Jeffry which said.
Very well I will arrange for it, stay safe and keep your wits about you.
Be Well
JM."

In our material forms, in the sequence of time, some places have been befouled. Was it a fouled place in the now that you were called?

"Yes."
The angel replied simply.

Also, I note that you did not answer regarding if you had other instructions from the one that took your name that is dark within. Are you unable to answer that question?"

"Yes...I do not understand the Question the answer would vary between my understanding and yours."
Uncle Willard said.

(OOC: You can have as many dalliances with faeries as you want if you are a Hermetic, you can fill up the Winter and Summer Court with half fay, Gifted babies, but only if the faeries being dallied with consent to said dallying. Also molesting faeries do not just mean do not rape faeries it means do not attack or annoy the faeries. )

(OOC 2: It is more like this, we have this rule because Belabor the Tremere went out and killed a fay to use as Vis and now neither Belabor or anyone from his Covenant can be found but oddly right in the middle of the Covenant courtyard there are a bunch of trees that seam to have screaming faces, odd that it should be exact the same number of trees as the number of people living in the Covenant hum...perhaps Belabor should not have molested the faeries.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:40 pm

[Basement]

Anja wrote:"Yes I am smart...I have read many books."
The pawn said proudly, she had kicked her shoes of and was now bending forward playing with her toes as she was bored of the cell.
"It is a good game, if you are really good at it, no one can ever...ever hurt you."
She said and smiled.

"Yeah. They can't hurt you or leave you and the world does what you tell it to do." Serge said solemnly, smiling as he saw the bored girl fidgeting.

"It is pretty boring in here. You wanna try drawing something?" he asked, ripping a piece of paper from his notepad and pulling another pencil out of his pocket, offering the two to the girl.

Anja wrote:"Yeah...but magic is practical, if everyone can learn, it do not make sense that they do not, it is like with phones they are practical whatever or not you really like them."
The pawn replied.

"Exactly. There are people out there who refuse to learn how to use phones or the internet, despite how practical they are. Don't understand them but know they exist." Serge said nonchalantly.

Anja wrote:"Yes...both the old version and the new version, the new version adds more stuff you are not supposed to do, it must be boring to be a Hermetic, though they have cool spells and it looks cool with those hand gestures."
Lita declared.

"Right! Hermetics have this coolness to them but goddamn do they try to drown that coolness by all the dull formalities and rule making." Serge said, nodding in agreement. "Have you found any other cool or interesting rules in the code of Hermes?"

Nicole wrote:'Call me. If you can't get me, tell Colin.'

"What are you? 100? No ones uses phones to call people anymore." Serge said jokingly. "Anyways, sure thing. I'll call you as soon as I get it."

He'd listen to anything else the Etherite had to say before heading back into cell to Lita.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:11 pm

[Chantry Basement]

Serge's Post:

'Think your answer will be quicker to say than type out through a text.' Nicole replied; seemingly either too tired or distracted to notice the joke. 'While you're talking, see also what other intel you can get; how many Fallen are at the base, traps, defences and so on.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:48 pm

[Parking lot]
Anja wrote:"I will give that information to the driver and make sure my employer get your generous gift Mr Wainwright."
The secretasy said in a matter of factly tone of voice.
"Very well then good evening Mr Wainwright, thank you for returning Miss Milliner and her servant as unharmed as possible I am sure that can be used as a basis for diplomatic relations between your society and my employer."
He smiled thinly, "That is certainly my hope for it. There's a shadow threatening us all, and I would prefer to banish it."

Anja wrote:You got a reply back from Jeffry which said.
Very well I will arrange for it, stay safe and keep your wits about you.
Be Well
JM."
He smiled and pocketed the phone again, then walked back around the car and got behind the wheel again, "Alright, miladies, we will be headed to St. Stephen's Church, where the Prince's chauffeur will meet us to bring you to his Elysium."
He turned in the seat and handed over a pair of business cards, "The Prince's secretary suggested I give you the means to give me a secret signal in case you feel ill at ease or threatened in his care... How about you ask me about the silver dog you commissioned? And of course, you're welcome to call if there's anything else, too, though if so, please use the mobile, and not the shop's landline."
He looked outside again, "Well... are you ready to go, then? I'll drive carefully, so you can remain reclined, if you prefer."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:49 pm

"Yes." The angel replied simply.

"Were there other beings with that which you cannot touch inside, that was dark like theirs?"

"Yes...I do not understand the Question the answer would vary between my understanding and yours."
Uncle Willard said.

He frowned a little and thought about the wording. "The befouled being that holds your Name improperly told you to stand by and let our home yonder be breached. Did they also assign you other things to do, or tell you to allow other things to happen?" he tried to clarify.

// I can see the rules expanding over time - don't molest fey, don't interact with the dead (both of those thanks to Tremere!) and then something about not playing poker with werewolves

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:45 am

[Chantry Basement]

Anja wrote:'Think your answer will be quicker to say than type out through a text.' Nicole replied; seemingly either too tired or distracted to notice the joke. 'While you're talking, see also what other intel you can get; how many Fallen are at the base, traps, defences and so on.'

"I actually asked her about that. Turns out her mistress did ask her not to reveal some things. Although I might be able to get around it with a bit of wordplay." Serge said. "At the very least, she did tell me that they had ghosts and those classic evil spirits working for them. Her mistress was also friends with a vampire so wouldn't be surprised if they had close ties with them."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:32 am

[Basement]

"Yeah. They can't hurt you or leave you and the world does what you tell it to do." Serge said solemnly, smiling as he saw the bored girl fidgeting.

"Yeah."
Lita said as she pulled at her toes.

"It is pretty boring in here. You wanna try drawing something?" he asked, ripping a piece of paper from his notepad and pulling another pencil out of his pocket, offering the two to the girl.

"Ok.."
She said and she took the paper and pencil and sat down on the floor to draw, the woman had near professional skills and you saw her starting to draw a woman with long hair in a bun.

"Exactly. There are people out there who refuse to learn how to use phones or the internet, despite how practical they are. Don't understand them but know they exist." Serge said nonchalantly.

"I guess so."
Lita said as she continued to draw.

"Right! Hermetics have this coolness to them but goddamn do they try to drown that coolness by all the dull formalities and rule making." Serge said, nodding in agreement. "Have you found any other cool or interesting rules in the code of Hermes?"

"No...they do not have many interesting rules...just rules."
Lita said and shrugged.
"Mostly who they can't interact with and when and when they can not kill one another, there is allot of that."

[Parking lot]

He smiled thinly, "That is certainly my hope for it. There's a shadow threatening us all, and I would prefer to banish it."

"Yes...so would I Mr Wainwright."
The Prince's assistant replied.

He smiled and pocketed the phone again, then walked back around the car and got behind the wheel again, "Alright, miladies, we will be headed to St. Stephen's Church, where the Prince's chauffeur will meet us to bring you to his Elysium."

"Very well that sounds good Sir."
Vera said her voice was a little stronger now though she was still rather shaken up.

He turned in the seat and handed over a pair of business cards, "The Prince's secretary suggested I give you the means to give me a secret signal in case you feel ill at ease or threatened in his care... How about you ask me about the silver dog you commissioned? And of course, you're welcome to call if there's anything else, too, though if so, please use the mobile, and not the shop's landline."

"Very well Mr Wainwright thank you. I do not think there will be a problem though, our Prince can be brutal but he is a man of honor, so if he have given my Mistress sanctuary she will come to no harm."
Alexis said and she took the cards and handed one to Vera.

He looked outside again, "Well... are you ready to go, then? I'll drive carefully, so you can remain reclined, if you prefer."

"Thank you Mr Wainwright, I would appreciate that."
Vera said softly.

"Were there other beings with that which you cannot touch inside, that was dark like theirs?"

"Yes, it was quite sad, the light was dimmed and shadows crept it every corner."
Uncle Willard said and he looked at you with his glowing blue eyes under his helmet looking boundlessly sad.

He frowned a little and thought about the wording. "The befouled being that holds your Name improperly told you to stand by and let our home yonder be breached. Did they also assign you other things to do, or tell you to allow other things to happen?" he tried to clarify.

"Not in this now as you say but in the greater now yes."
The angle replied.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:00 am

[Basement]

Anja wrote:"Ok.."
She said and she took the paper and pencil and sat down on the floor to draw, the woman had near professional skills and you saw her starting to draw a woman with long hair in a bun.

Serge leaned forward to get a better look at the women's drawing skills, surprised upon recognizing that they rivaled his own. "Wow, your just beating me in every category today." he said with a smile on his face as he watched her draw, "How long have you been drawing?"

Anja wrote:"No...they do not have many interesting rules...just rules."
Lita said and shrugged.
"Mostly who they can't interact with and when and when they can not kill one another, there is allot of that."

"Damn. Was hoping they'd have some silly rule like 'don't eat sweets during the first fortnight of the third month' or something crazy like that." Serge said with a chuckle. "You said you read a lot of books. Do you have a lot of books in your labyrinth?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:09 am

"Yes, it was quite sad, the light was dimmed and shadows crept it every corner." Uncle Willard

"Was this place in the material plane?"

Not in this now as you say but in the greater now yes." The angle replied.

He frowned and then gave a sidelong look at his sister a moment before returning his attention to Willard. "Can you tell me what those instructions are to be in that now which is greater than this one?" Then he asked the guardian, "When this person summoned you to ignore the attack, was it the same day that we experienced today, today meaning one turn of the sun in the sky from our vantage on earth's material plane? Or was it in a now greater than or less than today?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:16 am

[Basement]

Serge leaned forward to get a better look at the women's drawing skills, surprised upon recognizing that they rivaled his own. "Wow, your just beating me in every category today." he said with a smile on his face as he watched her draw, "How long have you been drawing?"

"I don't know. I don't remember anything from before I was captured and trained as a slave. Mistress Lily tortured me until I forgot I suppose."
The girl said with a shrug as she continued to lay in shadows and details to the drawing.
"I just know how to do some things."

"Damn. Was hoping they'd have some silly rule like 'don't eat sweets during the first fortnight of the third month' or something crazy like that." Serge said with a chuckle. "You said you read a lot of books. Do you have a lot of books in your labyrinth?"

"No they are mostly concerned about one another's social lives and who can and can't kill one another."
The pawn said with another shrug but then she nodded and looked up from the drawing.
"Yeah we have a big library. Mistress let me read books when I do not have chores."

"Was this place in the material plane?"

"A pale copy of it, created by magick that should not be."
The angle replied.

He frowned and then gave a sidelong look at his sister a moment before returning his attention to Willard. "Can you tell me what those instructions are to be in that now which is greater than this one?"

"Perhaps he will get more instructions in the future?"
Helena suggested.Uncle Willard looked at you and nodded.
"Yes this I can tell you, I am ordered in another now to attack the one who have taken up my duties, we destroy one another."

Then he asked the guardian, "When this person summoned you to ignore the attack, was it the same day that we experienced today, today meaning one turn of the sun in the sky from our vantage on earth's material plane? Or was it in a now greater than or less than today?"

"It was in this rotation of the sun, in the hour ruled by Mercury."
The angle replied.
"From your point of view."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:50 am

[Chantry Basement]

Serge's Post:

'Yeah, knew about them. Though getting details on this vampire might be useful.'

[OoH book actually says the Code have grown to 'unfathomable complexity'. I could imagine it's akin to what our own laws would be if there was never a through review/clean/update - a massive, sprawling beast of dozens, perhaps hundreds of tomes listing interpretations supporting every viewpoint and stuffed full of long-obsolete addendums. So many, in fact that a Hermetic can barely breathe without breaking one - such as 'failing to provide apprentices with a set of new gaiters yearly'.]

[Actually, the rule against vampires pre-dates Tremere. And by allowing Shawn to enter the Chantry minus a stake, a hardline Judge could argue the Chief has violated Part II. And Adley too, if he ever spoke to him (what is 'consorting'?)]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:16 am

(OOC: Here is a respone to the OOC comment as it gets to long to have in the IC thread. https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com/t216-the-code-of-hermes-and-undead#33092 )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:15 pm

[Basement]

Anja wrote:"I don't know. I don't remember anything from before I was captured and trained as a slave. Mistress Lily tortured me until I forgot I suppose."
The girl said with a shrug as she continued to lay in shadows and details to the drawing.
"I just know how to do some things."

"I remember reading about that in one of my mentors books. Your conscious memories might be gone but the subconscious muscle memories are still there and strong as ever. Your hands remember the motions that they've practiced." Serge said watching the girl draw. "Who's the women your drawing. Is it your mistress?" he asked knowing full well he would've recognized the drawing if it was Kira.

Anja wrote:"No they are mostly concerned about one another's social lives and who can and can't kill one another."
The pawn said with another shrug but then she nodded and looked up from the drawing.
"Yeah we have a big library. Mistress let me read books when I do not have chores."

"You have a library as well? Pleeeeaaaase tell me you have a tentacled librarian that organized the bookswith his long limbs. Cause that be the dopest thing." he said, a clear excitement in his eyes in hoping that was true.

Nicole wrote:'Yeah, knew about them. Though getting details on this vampire might be useful.'

"It was her mistresses friends that she attempted to attack in her hunter days." he said with a nod. "Also yeah. She used to be a hunter for the society of Leopold. Dunno if that's much help but I found that interesting. Dunno know if it's a one-off thing or if they have other former hunter pawns though."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:25 pm

[Basement]

"I remember reading about that in one of my mentors books. Your conscious memories might be gone but the subconscious muscle memories are still there and strong as ever. Your hands remember the motions that they've practiced." Serge said watching the girl draw.

"Ok...I did not think muscle could remember, though dinosaurs had an extra brain in their butts they say so it might be something to it."
Lita said and she continued to draw.
"What are your Mentor like?"

"Who's the women your drawing. Is it your mistress?" he asked knowing full well he would've recognized the drawing if it was Kira.

The drawing did not look like Kira but it did look like Lily the woman you had seen in the mind of several of the tormented people saved from Wallace Jace's lab.
"No this is Mistress Lily, she tortured me...and then sold me."
The pawn said as if this was perfectly normal.

"You have a library as well? Pleeeeaaaase tell me you have a tentacled librarian that organized the bookswith his long limbs. Cause that be the dopest thing." he said, a clear excitement in his eyes in hoping that was true.

"We do not have a tentacled librarian."
The prisoner said.
"Though I guess that would be practical."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:12 pm

"A pale copy of it, created by magick that should not be." The angle replied.

"I think I understand."

"Perhaps he will get more instructions in the future?"
Helena suggested

He nodded at that.

Uncle Willard looked at you and nodded. "Yes this I can tell you, I am ordered in another now to attack the one who have taken up my duties, we destroy one another."

A look of shock and alarm crossed his face. Of course, how Nephandi like, to get them to harm one another... "At what now is this to occur, from the point of view of this-now?"

It was in this rotation of the sun, in the hour ruled by Mercury."
The angle replied.
"From your point of view."

"Thank you..." Mentally he made a note of the Chaldean planetary hour to look up later, if he needed to do so. First, it looked like they had to stop some angels from destroying one another...

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:18 pm

"I think I understand."

Uncle Willard looked at you and nodded.

A look of shock and alarm crossed his face. Of course, how Nephandi like, to get them to harm one another... "At what now is this to occur, from the point of view of this-now?"

"Unclear, the now is changing, but it is drawing nearer."
The angle replied.
"And I would very much not like to attack the other Guardian it is a noble being, in combat with it is not how I want my now to end."

Thank you..." Mentally he made a note of the Chaldean planetary hour to look up later, if he needed to do so. First, it looked like they had to stop some angels from destroying one another...

"Is there any other questions I can answer for you young warriors?"
Uncle Willard asked. Helena looked at you as if to ask if there where anything more to say before dismissing the unfortunate angle.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 30  Next