Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44

5 posters

Page 24 of 30 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 30  Next

Go down

Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44 - Page 24 Empty Re: Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:36 am

[Waltham]

Anja's Post:

'Well, if the shield can take several rifle-rounds as we drive in, the sniper's advantage will be thrown.' Nicole replied, gesturing for the others to join them at the car hood. 'Any way to make the car less noticeable? So they focus their fire on the distraction party?'

'Okay, we're in the building.' she raid, clearly running through the mission in her head. 'Hopefully, the radar will be still working. We could either take up defensive positions within it and wait for the counter-attack or have a team directly press ahead towards the lab.'

[I don't think middle-school vampires 'aren't allowed'. When you ask permission to Embrace, the Prince doesn't ask for a CV of the candidate, after all. At least I've never seen it mentioned. And any risks to the Masquerade etc are the sire's; in fact, the Prince might *like* an ancilla/elder to have a somewhat irresponsible fledgeling as the sire would have to dip into their boon-box (or take on 'debt') to buy their way out of trouble. Plus, 'sire duties' might distract said Kindred from their other schemes somewhat, which usually the Prince would disapprove of on principle.]

[UK's shift to BST is on 29/03, which I think is the same for Norway.]

[So, dental crown finally came in, had fitted on Fri. Due to (I think) pangolin's revenge, they had lots of free time and they decided to 'give the other teeth the once-over' (I don't mind, as I'm not paying). Found a cavity in a partly-erupted wisdom, they decided to perform filling. Unfortunately, required cutting of gum which is still even now smarting like fuck. Thus my non-posting over weekend.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44 - Page 24 Empty Re: Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:01 am

[Waltham]

'Well, if the shield can take several rifle-rounds as we drive in, the sniper's advantage will be thrown.' Nicole replied, gesturing for the others to join them at the car hood. 'Any way to make the car less noticeable? So they focus their fire on the distraction party?'

"That should be no problem Miss Bouchard such a shield have some durability and like I said I can easily make the cars invisible."
The Chief said as the others gathered around the car.

Okay, we're in the building.' she raid, clearly running through the mission in her head. 'Hopefully, the radar will be still working. We could either take up defensive positions within it and wait for the counter-attack or have a team directly press ahead towards the lab.'

"We will be pressing forwards we do not want to give our enemies to much time to respond and come up with a plan."
Jeffry said.
"We get inside the building and we push forwards towards the lab taking out as many of Jace's men as we can along the way."

[Alchemist Abode]

"That sounds like a plan." After he checked the time, he told them what time they had left also. "If you will excuse me then,"

"I will see you later Mr Roth Hicks."
Darrian said.
""Off course we will do preparations and be ready for when you return Sodalis."
Crexia replied with a nod.

[Basement]

he said with a nod. He headed out to speak with Mr Griffith

You got down to the basement. You saw Colin and Serge inside the make shit cells of on e of the prisoners, the one that Mundi and Jareth had done a number on. You got to the hobby room. Andrew and Thomas was still watching Star Trek. Andrew got up and bowed as you entered. Thomas glanced at you.
"Hey."
He said.
"Was there something you forgot when you where down here last?"

(OOC: If you have a general permission to Sire then no embracing a child is not illegal but it is often frowned upon, the same with a pregnant woman and a few others that could pose a problem.)

(OOC 2: I hope you feel better soon.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:57 am

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"That is true but it is also true for both my Faction and your own Mr Wainwright."
The young Void Engineer replied.
Colin nodded, "True, and we're trying to do the mopping up here, too."

Anja wrote:"That is...ehm...that is just awesome...I would really like to hear that story."
Thomas replied and he sounded suitably impressed.
"What are a Nephandi Battle Cruiser like...how could you convince it to work for you?"
He smiled wryly, "The Battle Cruisers are gargantuan flesh polyps - I'm sure you've read warnings of them for your trips into the Void. As for how I could convince it, each ship has a Handler, a Mage soul-grafted into the very ship itself. In this particular case, the Handler was not Fallen, and quite a sweet lady..."
He fished out his phone to show Thomas the photo of Dalisse, "The position does tend to cause some mutations over the centuries, though. As you can plainly see."

Jeremy wrote:"That's exciting. Has she ever taken you to where she works? Has she ever taken you for a ride on the forklift?" he said calmly, trying to get the man to focus on memory's of his mother as he drew his picture. The more he thought about his family and more pleasant times, the less he would focus on the situation around him and the easier it would be for him to manipulate those memories. A daydream that would shift into a real dream at his command.
Anja wrote:"Yeah...my mommy have taken me to her work many times and I have gotten to ride her forklift with her, that is pretty neat."
The Nephandus said.
"My parents are really nice other when they let the bad doctor hurt me...but I want my mommy and daddy I want to go home."
He made a mental note of this; another black mark against Jace...

Jeremy wrote:The picture he drew was a picture of a forklift, with a younger version of the traumatized nephandi on it. Sitting on the lap of an adult who's face was offscreen of the picture. Although the young Nephandi looked up lovingly at offscreen adult, making clear that whoever it was was very close to him.

As he finished his drawing, he focused his will through it and into the Nephanus's mind, lulling it to sleep while pulling forth pleasant memories of his mother to accompany him as he drifted it off. "Your mom will be here soon..." he said as he breathed life into the spell.
Anja wrote:The traumatized Nephandus relaxed and fell alseep, he breathed evenly and slumped over in his bonds slightly smiling so there was a good chance you had gotten the right dream implanted in his mind, at least giving him some peace.
He relaxed a little, "Thank you, Serge... I needed some help with him; I have some responsibility for his condition... and Jace is entirely at fault for making him a Nephandus in the first place. I'm of half a mind to let the bastard reincarnate, just so we can execute him again..."

((OOC: Make shit cells? So, there's a toilet in the basement? Wink ))

((OOC2: Ouch, that's a bit extra work, alright... Wait, cut, or cauterise? Whenever my dentist needs to reach a cavity that's a little too low, he burns off a bit of the flesh. Stench stays in my nostrils for hours afterwards... seems a better way to do it than cutting, though. Swift recovery.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:55 am

[Basement]

Colin nodded, "True, and we're trying to do the mopping up here, too."

"I guess the Nephandi are like sand they get everywhere."
The young Void Engineer said darkly.

He smiled wryly, "The Battle Cruisers are gargantuan flesh polyps - I'm sure you've read warnings of them for your trips into the Void.

"I have allmost seen one once, we where on our way to some of the realms on the very edge of the known Void right before the Horizon line when all our warning lights went of showing a Nephandi Battle Cruiser was heading in our direction...so we noped the hell out of there."
Thomas said.
"So they are made of flesh? is that cloned or natural? Some sort of void creature perhaps?"

As for how I could convince it, each ship has a Handler, a Mage soul-grafted into the very ship itself. In this particular case, the Handler was not Fallen, and quite a sweet lady..."
He fished out his phone to show Thomas the photo of Dalisse, "The position does tend to cause some mutations over the centuries, though. As you can plainly see."

"Soul Grafted into the ship? That is amazing."
The prisoner said and he leaned a bit forward to have a look at the picture you where showing him.
"Wow she looks like a Dune Navigator...late first stage according to the Lynch movie and late third stage according to the books."
The boy said sounding impressed.
"So you got her to help you then? And she is not Fallen?"

He relaxed a little, "Thank you, Serge... I needed some help with him; I have some responsibility for his condition... and Jace is entirely at fault for making him a Nephandus in the first place. I'm of half a mind to let the bastard reincarnate, just so we can execute him again..."

At this point you got a message from Anna which said.
"Dad that spirit or something lady that Mr Y and Master M was arguing with is back, she is down in the street, though she is hard to see properly and she sort of look like a tree, anyway I thought you would want to know."

(OOC: Lol well I guess one could be installed in the laundry room. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:41 pm

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"I guess the Nephandi are like sand they get everywhere."
The young Void Engineer said darkly.
Colin grimaced, "More like industrial waste... Very hard to get out. But not impossible."

Anja wrote:"I have allmost seen one once, we where on our way to some of the realms on the very edge of the known Void right before the Horizon line when all our warning lights went of showing a Nephandi Battle Cruiser was heading in our direction...so we noped the hell out of there."
Thomas said.
"So they are made of flesh? is that cloned or natural? Some sort of void creature perhaps?"
He nodded, "They're manifestations of decay, natural inhabitants of the Deep. And when not corrupted by the Nephandi, have minds comparable to a large dog that doesn't quite understand that it's no longer the size of a puppy..."

Anja wrote:"Soul Grafted into the ship? That is amazing."
The prisoner said and he leaned a bit forward to have a look at the picture you where showing him.
"Wow she looks like a Dune Navigator...late first stage according to the Lynch movie and late third stage according to the books."
The boy said sounding impressed.
"So you got her to help you then? And she is not Fallen?"
He grinned, "She loves that book, too - in fact, I managed to sway her with a gift of a first edition, and a block of Norwegian margarine, brand name Melange. She's highly Entropic, but not corrupted, and there was no love lost between her and the Nephandi who'd shackled her ship in Boston's shadow."

Anja wrote:At this point you got a message from Anna which said.
"Dad that spirit or something lady that Mr Y and Master M was arguing with is back, she is down in the street, though she is hard to see properly and she sort of look like a tree, anyway I thought you would want to know."
He frowned, typing back a quick, 'Thank you, I'll pass the message on.'
He turned to Serge, "Your fangirl is back, disguised as a tree on the street. Best let your uncle and Mentor know..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:16 pm

[Basement]

Colin grimaced, "More like industrial waste... Very hard to get out. But not impossible."

"True and they should be handled with care and preferably put on a rocket and sent into the sun."
Thomas said with a frown.

He nodded, "They're manifestations of decay, natural inhabitants of the Deep. And when not corrupted by the Nephandi, have minds comparable to a large dog that doesn't quite understand that it's no longer the size of a puppy..."

"That is actually pretty cool."
The Void Engineer said with a grin.
"But it is wrong to subjugate them then and force them to be ships."

He grinned, "She loves that book, too - in fact, I managed to sway her with a gift of a first edition, and a block of Norwegian margarine, brand name Melange. She's highly Entropic, but not corrupted, and there was no love lost between her and the Nephandi who'd shackled her ship in Boston's shadow."

"Really there is a Norwegian margarine named Melange? Hehe that is...funny."
The kid said sounding amused.
"Well that is a nice gift...but why where this Keeper with the Nephandi if she don't like them?"

He frowned, typing back a quick, 'Thank you, I'll pass the message on.'
He turned to Serge, "Your fangirl is back, disguised as a tree on the street. Best let your uncle and Mentor know..."

You got a reply back which said.
"NP I will let you know if something changes, for now she is still there, not coming closer but not going away either."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:33 pm

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"That is actually pretty cool."
The Void Engineer said with a grin.
"But it is wrong to subjugate them then and force them to be ships."
Colin shrugged, "I'm not so sure they are subjugated, so much as... well, not quite domesticated, either. Trained, at most. The grafting process seems to be one of symbiosis, rather than parasitic."

Anja wrote:"Really there is a Norwegian margarine named Melange? Hehe that is...funny."
The kid said sounding amused.
"Well that is a nice gift...but why where this Keeper with the Nephandi if she don't like them?"
He frowned, "That's a long story, going back to the greatest failing of the Order of Hermes, perhaps... Once, the Nephandi was but a refuge for Mages who were hunted by the Order simply for refusing to join them. She joined, and was eventually made a Handler, during this time period. Later, the Malfeans came in and, with a horrid degree of ruthlessness, took over the Nephandi with the same approach as the Order of Hermes once had; join or die. Those Nephandi who refused to enter a Caul were... well, I need not go into detail. You can imagine... Dalisse had been forced to land nearby for repairs, after her ship got into a fight, and Lisa Larson and her group made the repairs, grounded the ship, and moved in by force."

Anja wrote:You got a reply back which said.
"NP I will let you know if something changes, for now she is still there, not coming closer but not going away either."
He sighed and typed out a quick message to Ryan and Dr. Boudavich, 'Serge's ladyfriend is back, disguised as a tree. Stay alert. He's in the basement with me, safe; I'll keep an eye on him for now.'
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:49 pm

[Basement]

Colin shrugged, "I'm not so sure they are subjugated, so much as... well, not quite domesticated, either. Trained, at most. The grafting process seems to be one of symbiosis, rather than parasitic."

"How can you taint something that big?"
Thomas asked.

He frowned, "That's a long story, going back to the greatest failing of the Order of Hermes, perhaps... Once, the Nephandi was but a refuge for Mages who were hunted by the Order simply for refusing to join them. She joined, and was eventually made a Handler, during this time period. Later, the Malfeans came in and, with a horrid degree of ruthlessness, took over the Nephandi with the same approach as the Order of Hermes once had; join or die. Those Nephandi who refused to enter a Caul were... well, I need not go into detail. You can imagine... Dalisse had been forced to land nearby for repairs, after her ship got into a fight, and Lisa Larson and her group made the repairs, grounded the ship, and moved in by force."

"Well shit...that must have made her pissed. And that is just not right. Do that mean that Dalisse can come back to your faction now?"
The young Void Engineer asked.
"What happened to Lisa Larson and the Nephandi are they still on the ship Mr Wainwright."

He sighed and typed out a quick message to Ryan and Dr. Boudavich, 'Serge's ladyfriend is back, disguised as a tree. Stay alert. He's in the basement with me, safe; I'll keep an eye on him for now.'

You got a reply from Ange that said.
"Thank you Mr W I and my brother will have a look outside, please keep Serge safe."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:13 pm

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"How can you taint something that big?"
Thomas asked.
Colin shrugged, "I don't know - I'm assuming they groom them from the baby stage, though, rather than getting started on a fully grown adult."

Anja wrote:"Well shit...that must have made her pissed. And that is just not right. Do that mean that Dalisse can come back to your faction now?"
The young Void Engineer asked.
"What happened to Lisa Larson and the Nephandi are they still on the ship Mr Wainwright."
He grinned wryly, "Well, that's a question being debated by the lawyers of our society even now. Her not being Fallen - and one of the most senior lawyers has seen proof of this - counts in her favour, but I don't know the final outcome. I could look ahead at where the debate will likely go unless interfered with, but then, that might be considered undue tampering with the due process."
He turned more serious, "As for Lisa Larson and the Nephandi, no, the ones that didn't manage to escape were captured and... well, it was rather a lot of them, and the Main Sentencing Hall still rings with the screams of those having their Geniuses shredded... And as a wonderful bonus, Wallace Jace managed to bring a few of them with him as pretty upset ghosts when coming back here to ruin our day once more. So we'll have to end them again. It's something of a pain to do, you know..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:27 pm

[Basement]

Anja wrote:The traumatized Nephandus relaxed and fell alseep, he breathed evenly and slumped over in his bonds slightly smiling so there was a good chance you had gotten the right dream implanted in his mind, at least giving him some peace.

Serge glanced to the side at the sleeping Nephandi, frowning at his condition. "My mom never took me to her work...." he said, more as a way to distract himself from what he had just witnessed, as he stood up and walked towards his cabal leader.

Colin wrote:He relaxed a little, "Thank you, Serge... I needed some help with him; I have some responsibility for his condition... and Jace is entirely at fault for making him a Nephandus in the first place. I'm of half a mind to let the bastard reincarnate, just so we can execute him again..."
Colin wrote:He frowned, typing back a quick, 'Thank you, I'll pass the message on.'

"Oh yum..." Serge said with a sigh, pulling out his phone and sending a quick message to his mentor. "Apparently Wilda's back. She's out on the street. Do we just leave her alone?"

"I dont think she's disguised as a tree. The more injured or distressed she gets the more her true nature Sprite form appears. Although it could be a disguise. We trust trees too much." he mused, sending the text.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:49 pm

[Basement]

You saw Colin and Serge inside the make shit cells of on e of the prisoners, the one that Mundi and Jareth had done a number on. You got to the hobby room. Andrew and Thomas was still watching Star Trek. Andrew got up and bowed as you entered. Thomas glanced at you. "Hey." He said. "Was there something you forgot when you where down here last?"

If his cabalmates saw him, he gave them a nod but otherwise didn't disturb them. He glanced around to make sure everything was okay as he entered the hobby room. "I'm going to check your hands and then I have something important to ask you, although I have asked too much of you perhaps already," he said to Thomas. He slowly moved over to see that his hands and arms were okay. "I would like to cast a spell with some help to give you extra protection against external interference of your mind, spirit or body. It involves a bit of chanting and energy, I suppose what you call deviance. It may feel a bit strange but should not harm you, rather the opposite..." he said, and stood back again to see what Thomas thought of the idea.

// I guess I suppose I feel lucky they yanked all my wisdom teeth out when I was younger, now because I'm sure I'd have a cavity or four and that sounds awful. Quick recovery.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:20 pm

[Basement]

If his cabalmates saw him, he gave them a nod but otherwise didn't disturb them. He glanced around to make sure everything was okay as he entered the hobby room. "I'm going to check your hands and then I have something important to ask you,

No one was fighting and there did not seam to be trouble, probably one of the prisoners had woken up.
"I checked his hands a little while ago Sir."
Andrew told you as you entered the hobby room.
"They where fine then."

although I have asked too much of you perhaps already," he said to Thomas.

Thomas sigh but he nodded his agreement.

He slowly moved over to see that his hands and arms were okay.

They seamed to be fine for now, they where warm and Thomas could slightly move them.
[Basement]

Colin shrugged, "I don't know - I'm assuming they groom them from the baby stage, though, rather than getting started on a fully grown adult."

"Yeah that makes sense."
Thomas replied.

He grinned wryly, "Well, that's a question being debated by the lawyers of our society even now. Her not being Fallen - and one of the most senior lawyers has seen proof of this - counts in her favour, but I don't know the final outcome. I could look ahead at where the debate will likely go unless interfered with, but then, that might be considered undue tampering with the due process."

"Well you don't need to do so on my account Mr Wainwright, and I am sure your judges would ward such proceedings against such scrying anyway. I hope things will work out for Dalisse though."
The prisoner replied.

He turned more serious, "As for Lisa Larson and the Nephandi, no, the ones that didn't manage to escape were captured and... well, it was rather a lot of them, and the Main Sentencing Hall still rings with the screams of those having their Geniuses shredded... And as a wonderful bonus, Wallace Jace managed to bring a few of them with him as pretty upset ghosts when coming back here to ruin our day once more. So we'll have to end them again. It's something of a pain to do, you know..."

"Ah so that is why we have a ghost army issue...damn after something like that those ghosts are not likely to be happy. I know my superiors says Genius deactivation is kinder than death but I am not so sure."
Thomas said and he shuddered.

"Oh yum..." Serge said with a sigh, pulling out his phone and sending a quick message to his mentor. "Apparently Wilda's back. She's out on the street. Do we just leave her alone?"

You got a rely back from Ange
"I was told by Mr W. Well it depend we can try to trap or kill her but if you want to try to save her I need to speak with my Mentor first.

"I dont think she's disguised as a tree. The more injured or distressed she gets the more her true nature Sprite form appears. Although it could be a disguise. We trust trees too much." he mused, sending the text.

"I think you just earned the scowls of every member of the Verbena Tradition with that comment Serge."
Jon said he was apparently just there like a Ninja.
"So do we act now and try to destroy this creature or leave her alone or what?"
He asked. At this time you saw Adley come down the stairs and head into the hobby room.

"I would like to cast a spell with some help to give you extra protection against external interference of your mind, spirit or body. It involves a bit of chanting and energy, I suppose what you call deviance. It may feel a bit strange but should not harm you, rather the opposite..." he said, and stood back again to see what Thomas thought of the idea.

"Ehm...well as long as it do not hurt me, or leave visible traces that will get me dissected when I return home that is fine I guess, chant all you like."
The young Void Engineer said.
"What is still spell meant to do anyway?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:53 pm

[Basement]

"I checked his hands a little while ago Sir."
Andrew told you as you entered the hobby room.
"They where fine then."

"Thank you," he said with a nod.

"Ehm...well as long as it do not hurt me, or leave visible traces that will get me dissected when I return home that is fine I guess, chant all you like."
The young Void Engineer said.
"What is still spell meant to do anyway?"

"I do not think it will, the spells are not meant to be permanent but may last a while. However I will double check with the others I work with to see how it may affect your resonance and if there is anything we may need to do about it later. It is meant as I said to give you additional protection you against being infiltrated. I assume you can work out by whom. As I would like to see you stay you, and I assume you do as well, then..." He tipped his head. "I do not have much time to explain everything though; I am not sure you would understand if I told you the way I understand it anyway. One more thing, if you happen to know your name at birth, or what your mother's last name was, or if you had a different name before. This is something I wish to use for the spell to be keyed to you personally."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:54 pm

[Basement]

"Thank you," he said with a nod.

"No problem Sir."
Andrew replied.

"I do not think it will, the spells are not meant to be permanent but may last a while. However I will double check with the others I work with to see how it may affect your resonance and if there is anything we may need to do about it later. It is meant as I said to give you additional protection you against being infiltrated. I assume you can work out by whom. As I would like to see you stay you, and I assume you do as well, then..."

"That sounds fair enough, just make sure I am not sent home just to be dissected or put in Room 101 or shot or a combination of the above and that is fine and yeah I would like to stay me."
Thomas replied with a nod.

"I do not have much time to explain everything though; I am not sure you would understand if I told you the way I understand it anyway. One more thing, if you happen to know your name at birth, or what your mother's last name was, or if you had a different name before. This is something I wish to use for the spell to be keyed to you personally."

"I might understand."
The young Void Engineer protested, not quite trusting you and not enjoying the you would not understand anyway statement.
"I do not know anything about my birth mother. But I think I might have been called Baby Doe at the hospital. I don't think my birth mother actually gave them her name before she split. The orphanage I was in for a few months before I was adopted named me Thomas and then I got my adoptive parents surname. I think the orphanage I was in used to give children last names based on the hospitals they where born in if they did not know the parents names so that would be Hillside Memorial."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:01 pm

[Basement]

"That sounds fair enough, just make sure I am not sent home just to be dissected or put in Room 101 or shot or a combination of the above and that is fine and yeah I would like to stay me."
Thomas replied with a nod.

"I wouldn't want that to happen."

I might understand."
The young Void Engineer protested, not quite trusting you and not enjoying the you would not understand anyway statement.

"I'm not trying to offend you. I don't really know how to word it in a way that technomancers understand. I only just came to the understanding myself from my own point of view," he said with a sigh. "But, generally it's...a way of reinforcing your unique aspects that make you different personally, and keeping anyone else from tampering with things to access you and use you against your will."

"I do not know anything about my birth mother. But I think I might have been called Baby Doe at the hospital. I don't think my birth mother actually gave them her name before she split. The orphanage I was in for a few months before I was adopted named me Thomas and then I got my adoptive parents surname. I think the orphanage I was in used to give children last names based on the hospitals they where born in if they did not know the parents names so that would be Hillside Memorial."

He looked thoughtful. "I see. Thank you...do you have a middle name or other name you prefer to go by that you feel personally connected with?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:17 pm

[Basement]

"I wouldn't want that to happen."

"Yeah no...that would suck allot."
Thomas said with a frown.

"I'm not trying to offend you. I don't really know how to word it in a way that technomancers understand. I only just came to the understanding myself from my own point of view," he said with a sigh. "But, generally it's...a way of reinforcing your unique aspects that make you different personally, and keeping anyone else from tampering with things to access you and use you against your will."

"I see, well that don't sound like a bad thing if it is only reinforcing who I am and preventing someone from messing with that. I am sure that would be just fine."
The prisoner said. Andrew paid close attention now, he was clearly interested in the magick being discussed.

He looked thoughtful. "I see. Thank you...do you have a middle name or other name you prefer to go by that you feel personally connected with?"

"No I don't have a middle name and no other names either."
The young Technocrat replied.
"Why are you asking?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:15 pm

[Waltham]

Anja's Post:

'Does that include sound? Won't really work if they can still hear the thing coming...'

Anja's Post:

'Might be an idea to put some into a secondary team, sir. That the main group's task is to press on towards the lab, while the second's is to mop up other resistance - like that sniper. Doubt the distraction will hold for long, then they'll realise the enemy is within the building...'

[True. Though some reasons are better than others, such as "child prodigy about to die" and "sire shops in the Junior section of H&M herself". One ancilla concept I've got in the folder is of a 15/16 year old child soldier who perished in the Battle of Berlin in '45.]

[Think cut-cauterise. Barely any blood afterwards, but even now still smarting. But that might be just bruising. Yeah, American dentists seem to like to pull them on principle, while UK dentists prefer to leave alone unless removal is vital. They asked me explicitly whether they was giving me much pain; they're generally not so they left in. But at least they've now "opened it up" so I can keep it clean.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:46 pm

[Waltham]

'Does that include sound? Won't really work if they can still hear the thing coming...'

"Yes it do include sound. I can manipulate both light and sounds."
Jeffry replied.

'Might be an idea to put some into a secondary team, sir. That the main group's task is to press on towards the lab, while the second's is to mop up other resistance - like that sniper. Doubt the distraction will hold for long, then they'll realise the enemy is within the building...'

"Yes splitting into several themes are a good idea Miss Bouchard...in fact if you organize the secondary team I can finish enchaning your ammunition and the cars and with that we should be ready to move out."
The old Hermetic replied.

(OOC: If there is a good reason to Embrace someone that young it is likely not cause less dirty looks than if the Sire could just not wait another five or ten years for the prospect to become adult. Also that would be an interesting character.)

(OOC 2 I guess I am lucky that my wisdom teeth came out without any problems at my teens and are just normal teeth. The geneticist i went to said that having all four wisdom teen come up perfectly is fairly rare.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:37 am

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"Well you don't need to do so on my account Mr Wainwright, and I am sure your judges would ward such proceedings against such scrying anyway. I hope things will work out for Dalisse though."
The prisoner replied.
Colin nodded, "Oh, scrying on the outcome of the debates wouldn't have to touch the proceedings - I could find some arbitrary point in the future and read a published decree or some similar source for the information. But, there's such a thing as knowing too many details about the future... And I hope things will work out for Dalisse; it would be a sort of vindication for her to come home, and from a strategic point of view, having a giant polyp on our side would make for a potent ally."

Anja wrote:"Ah so that is why we have a ghost army issue...damn after something like that those ghosts are not likely to be happy. I know my superiors says Genius deactivation is kinder than death but I am not so sure."
Thomas said and he shuddered.
He nodded, "It's not kinder... In fact, our side provides an immediate execution afterwards as a mercy. Because there is no pain greater than having your closest friend flayed out of your soul - except having to face each day without him. When you Awakened, you were made aware of a world of flavours. Imagine, then, having the memory of that, and only tasting mashed potatoes every day for the remainder of your life..."

Jeremy wrote:"Oh yum..." Serge said with a sigh, pulling out his phone and sending a quick message to his mentor. "Apparently Wilda's back. She's out on the street. Do we just leave her alone?"

Anja wrote:"I think you just earned the scowls of every member of the Verbena Tradition with that comment Serge."
He asked. At this time you saw Adley come down the stairs and head into the hobby room.
He turned his head to glance in Adley's direction at the sound of footsteps, then gave him a quiet, solemn nod.
Turning back to Serge and Jon, he smiled wryly, "Well, now, I do believe at least half of the Verbena Tradition would chuckle and agree with the statement. Had our young Cabalmate been a Hermetic, however, there'd certainly been scowls."
He sighed, "Well, the poor blinded man is at peace, for now, at least... I'm not going to say what to do regarding the banshee; I'm sure Dr. Boudavich has some more detailed plan at hand as it is... and I have another prisoner to speak to."
He gave both the younger Magi a nod, turned, and headed for Tauge's makeshift cell.

((OOC: Huh. I never got my wisdom teeth. My little sister is rather a bit jealous of me in that regard...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:44 am

[Basement]

Anja wrote:You got a rely back from Ange
"I was told by Mr W. Well it depend we can try to trap or kill her but if you want to try to save her I need to speak with my Mentor first.

"I choose option B. Guess it's better to leaver her alone then." he sent back.

Anja wrote:
"I think you just earned the scowls of every member of the Verbena Tradition with that comment Serge."
Colin wrote:Turning back to Serge and Jon, he smiled wryly, "Well, now, I do believe at least half of the Verbena Tradition would chuckle and agree with the statement. Had our young Cabalmate been a Hermetic, however, there'd certainly been scowls."
He sighed, "Well, the poor blinded man is at peace, for now, at least... I'm not going to say what to do regarding the banshee; I'm sure Dr. Boudavich has some more detailed plan at hand as it is... and I have another prisoner to speak to."
He gave both the younger Magi a nod, turned, and headed for Tauge's makeshift cell.

"...I feel like they'd understand that line of thinking better than anyone. Nature's scary yo." he said, after a brief pause to get over his surprise at Jon's Ninja impersonation. When he saw him he waved at Adley when he saw him, although his wave lacked the usual energy and his smile seemed more strained.

Turning back to the mages he said,  "For now its best we leave her alone. The best way to save her is with the help of my Grandmentor. My Mentor needs to contact her first. Without her there no point in making a move against her."

He nodded to his cabal leader when he left.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:30 am

[Basement]

"I see, well that don't sound like a bad thing if it is only reinforcing who I am and preventing someone from messing with that. I am sure that would be just fine."
The prisoner said

"Then I will proceed, and be back soon with help."

"No I don't have a middle name and no other names either."
The young Technocrat replied.
"Why are you asking?"

"Unique identifiers are helpful to this sort of magick, something to differentiate you as you. Do you...have a name you would give yourself? Or some other idea, perhaps?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:16 am

[Basement]

Colin nodded, "Oh, scrying on the outcome of the debates wouldn't have to touch the proceedings - I could find some arbitrary point in the future and read a published decree or some similar source for the information. But, there's such a thing as knowing too many details about the future... And I hope things will work out for Dalisse; it would be a sort of vindication for her to come home, and from a strategic point of view, having a giant polyp on our side would make for a potent ally."

"I see."
Thomas said clearly not really getting it.

He nodded, "It's not kinder... In fact, our side provides an immediate execution afterwards as a mercy. Because there is no pain greater than having your closest friend flayed out of your soul - except having to face each day without him. When you Awakened, you were made aware of a world of flavours. Imagine, then, having the memory of that, and only tasting mashed potatoes every day for the remainder of your life..."

"Yeah that....would not be good."
The young Void Engineer muttered with a shudder.
"I would not like not being Awakened anymore, I would not like that at all."
He said and you saw Andrew having grown rather pale.

Turning back to Serge and Jon, he smiled wryly, "Well, now, I do believe at least half of the Verbena Tradition would chuckle and agree with the statement. Had our young Cabalmate been a Hermetic, however, there'd certainly been scowls."

"Well our young friend is someone it is hard scowl at and it is sort of true with Verbena around trusting trees to much is not a good idea."
Jon said with a grin.

The Virtual Adept nodded at that and he looked sadly into the make shift cell at the sleeping Nephandus.

You got to the laundry room. Tauge sat there looking a bit sick probably due to the serum. He gave you a nod when he saw you.
"Was there anything else you needed?"
He asked you.

"I choose option B. Guess it's better to leaver her alone then." he sent back.

"Then we just observe her for now."'
You got back from your Mentor.

"...I feel like they'd understand that line of thinking better than anyone. Nature's scary yo." he said, after a brief pause to get over his surprise at Jon's Ninja impersonation. When he saw him he waved at Adley when he saw him, although his wave lacked the usual energy and his smile seemed more strained.

The Virtual Adept nodded.
"Hum...perhaps they will understand that as long as you respect nature."
He agreed. He looked a bit concerned though.
"Are you okey Serge?"

Turning back to the mages he said, "For now its best we leave her alone. The best way to save her is with the help of my Grandmentor. My Mentor needs to contact her first. Without her there no point in making a move against her."

Jon nodded at this again.

"Then I will proceed, and be back soon with help."

"Ok sure."
Thomas replied.

"Unique identifiers are helpful to this sort of magick, something to differentiate you as you. Do you...have a name you would give yourself? Or some other idea, perhaps?"

"No Thomas Griffith sort of works for me you know."
The Technocrat said.
"I have a registration number in the Union if that helps but I do not identify with that."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:00 am

[Waltham]

Anja's Post:

'In a moment, sir.' Nicole replied, massaging her forehead. 'If you lead the main team heading towards the lab, the secondaries will perform a sweep-and-clear of the facility...' repeating the Chief to make sure everyone knew exactly the plan, tapping the map with a ceramic finger. 'Assume you don't mind if we don't anyone prisoner... but what do we do if any enemy tries to desert? Mean vampires are pretty hardy, that shooter could jump off the roof and make a run for it...'

'And once the place has been cleared, do you want us to hold position, join you, whatever?' ending with a puzzled frown.

[Is Tauge still facing the washer where Nick left him to watch "the wet clothes show"? *smirks*]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:16 am

[Boston]

"That is correct, we will split into three teams, one will provide a distraction, while the other two teams enter the building. The first team will press forwards while the other will do clean up work and make sure our enemies can not just regroup and attack us in the back."
Jeffry said with a confirming nod then his eyes darkened.
"We can not afford to take prisoners at this time, unless there is someone you believe have invaluable information take them out. Someone fleeing in a panic is less of a concern, but I would prefer if no one was left behind to regroup. In short do not abandon mission to chase after someone fleeing, but if you can take them out, then do so."
The Chief said with steel in his voice.
"We are not leaving this facility as somewhere Wallace Jace can retreat to, other than his prisoners that we intend to free I intend to leave no survivors."
He added.
"Once the place have been cleared then place some guards and come join the rest of us at the lab itself but make sure you clear out the building completely."

(OOC: I believe that Colin turned him around so he could talk to the man, he also tend to have a policy of treating prisoners kindly so he likely did.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:38 am

[Waltham]

Anja's Post:

'Three teams? Thought the distraction was going to be like just a load of holograms or something?' giving a confused look.

Anja's Post:

Nicole nodded to this.

Anja's Post:

'Then to ensure success we'll then have to attack Ether-side, after securing the lab, sir. That's not assuming they cross over to here during the battle to reinforce.'

[Nicole did treat him well! She gave him entertainment to watch while waiting! *smirks*]

[Question: what do they call the 'ordinary' world? I was tinkering with 'Mundus' or 'Mundi'.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 30 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 30  Next