Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OOC For IC

+3
Adley
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Nicole Bouchard
7 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

OOC For IC - Page 7 Empty Re: OOC For IC

Post by Warpmind Fri Apr 14, 2023 7:19 am

No, I didn't miss it - just didn't have anything more to add to the conversation at that point.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:38 pm

Fair enough - though a 'Colin had nothing to add' placeholder or similar would have alerted me...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:12 pm

Point, that was an omission on my part.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:58 pm

For the old Morgan house, I'm kind of picturing something rather similar to this.

OOC For IC - Page 7 Old-english-brick-house-at-the-entrance-of-lifton-park-lifton-devon-CR7197
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Meridia Porter Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:02 pm

Just because it's something that slightly confuses me and so I'm not mixing anything up... This guy is called Jeffry Morgan right? OOC For IC - Page 7 1f605
Meridia Porter
Meridia Porter

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:04 pm

Yes. Jeffry Amaris Morgan Hermes bani Flambeau et cetera et cetera.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:14 pm

Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:17 pm

Yeah, I specifically searched for old English houses, so I suppose it would be.

And I used that as a style reference, not necessarily size.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:22 pm

*does reverse search* Yep, it's Devon. [You can tell from the materials used].

Plus, that isn't that 'old' - that's late Victorian. My money is 1870.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Warpmind likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:24 am

For the picture in the IC thread I just searched for 300 year old house and took the first one I liked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Warpmind likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:32 pm

I suspect it is, or at least bits of it is. Though did Morgan say he grew up in that house, or simply that his parents had owned it?

Though I think I'm the only one here who can boast I've lived in a house older than that...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:55 pm

Oh, Morgan has reminisced about hiding under the workbench in his mother's lab there.

Hum... I haven't *lived* in houses older than than, but I've certainly spent nights in older, well... "houses" would be a misnomer, but certainly older buildings intended for extended stays. Razz
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:59 am

Jeffry grew up in the house, it belonged to his mother and her custos/husband. He inherited the house when his father died, after his mother went Marauder and disappeared into the Umbra. Once he got a Cabal of his own he started renting the house out to visitors to Horizon for a tidy income.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:09 am

RE: Thread. What, Nassa didn't wait to see what was in the jar of mystery? Plus, thought it would give a chance for Meridia to ask a sneaky question or two to Nassa about her while she'd not in the room...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:51 pm

RE: Tread. I don't actually have anything to reply to... she entered the kitchen, then what?
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Apr 29, 2023 1:10 pm

I thought she was busy with the new player, I am sorry if I missed a reply from you I should reply to you asked me to remove the NPCs so that Nicole could have alone time to bond with the new PC so no one else bud the Chorister is in the kitchen but since she have not replied yet let me just whip up something for Nicole to do.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Apr 29, 2023 1:36 pm

I thought the point was to get Nassa out to go to the store and he could always find out what was in the jar when he got home. I thought that was the point to get things going.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Meridia Porter Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:00 pm

Sorry for the slight absence there, a lot happened at all once. I'll get some replies up tonight.
Meridia Porter
Meridia Porter

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:40 am

Not a problem, real life get in the way of fun at times.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:04 am

Well, the issue was that I basically saw it as a semi-split scene; that Nick would test the jar of mystery and then the pair would go off to the store - I thought that Meridia might have desired to ask Nassa a question about Nick while she was out for a moment or something. Thus the slight surprise when it appeared everybody had vanished by the time she'd returned to the main building.

The other main issue was that Nick basically got 'left hanging'; normally, I wouldn't mind splitting the scene but the issue was the next scene involved Nassa [going to the lab] but he's currently in another scene and there's a chance for snarls. Thanks for the call...

Meridia; the posts to look at are;

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com/t284p325-daggers-in-the-dark-two-suns-and-new-friends-ic-thread-58#48743

The top bit is Nick returning to the kitchen with... something and the bottom bit is them leaving for the store.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:28 pm

I think perhaps we have misunderstood one another. I thought you wanted me to get the NPCs out of your way as soon as possible.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun May 07, 2023 3:08 pm

RE: Symposium

(OOC: This one is open to the public so yes I am going to run it like a tech expo, talks and presentations in rooms set aside for it and stalls and displayed on a show floor.)

I'd make it ticket-only, but easy enough to get if you 'need' it. If nothing else, to stop gawkers and mystic protestors. Yeah, there would be a combination of 'trade show' and 'academic conference' going on; the first half all the displays/booths etc looking for customers, the other half the formalised paper presentations, lectures etc. A fair bit of the latter would be of a social nature; for networking with peers etc; some of these are unofficial events [for example, some senior Doctors may hold private drinks events etc] while others official [like the reception at the start of the conference].

Anyway, I think it's worth for me to outline [in very general terms] the things Nick 'wants/needs' to do during this, if anything else to help you with planning. So in no particular order...

1/ Wants to go and look at the displays. She's half-convinced on getting some form of optical Enchancements already. Or at least a way to be able so see Doris.

2/ Needs to deliver the plague report to the group. Was thinking it might be her simply outlining the timeline etc of the plague, and she would submit Hadermann's more detailed report on the subject too. [She'd also submit these to the Paradigma office for publication].

3/ Needs to be at Baynes' live presentation. She doesn't really like the idea of doing this, but well, she does owe him.

4/ Wants to go to as many 'mixer' events as realistically possible; mainly for the purpose of trying to find a patron.

5/ Needs to be at the opening reception. It's just rude not to. Plus, somebody major is likely to open it.

Personally, think the only ones which need to be RP'd are 1, 4 and 5. And the only relatively 'time limited' one is 5, which will be happening in a couple of hours IC.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 07, 2023 5:59 pm

I'd make it ticket-only, but easy enough to get if you 'need' it. If nothing else, to stop gawkers and mystic protestors. Yeah, there would be a combination of 'trade show' and 'academic conference' going on; the first half all the displays/booths etc looking for customers, the other half the formalised paper presentations, lectures etc. A fair bit of the latter would be of a social nature; for networking with peers etc; some of these are unofficial events [for example, some senior Doctors may hold private drinks events etc] while others official [like the reception at the start of the conference].

Sounds fair enough

Anyway, I think it's worth for me to outline [in very general terms] the things Nick 'wants/needs' to do during this, if anything else to help you with planning. So in no particular order...

1/ Wants to go and look at the displays. She's half-convinced on getting some form of optical Enchancements already. Or at least a way to be able so see Doris.

2/ Needs to deliver the plague report to the group. Was thinking it might be her simply outlining the timeline etc of the plague, and she would submit Hadermann's more detailed report on the subject too. [She'd also submit these to the Paradigma office for publication].

3/ Needs to be at Baynes' live presentation. She doesn't really like the idea of doing this, but well, she does owe him.

4/ Wants to go to as many 'mixer' events as realistically possible; mainly for the purpose of trying to find a patron.

5/ Needs to be at the opening reception. It's just rude not to. Plus, somebody major is likely to open it.

Sound enough list. Let us see what will be roleplayed but yes some of these are more important than others.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon May 08, 2023 12:24 pm

I personally excluded 2 and 3 from the RP list due to the fact it would take lots of work on your end, for little apparent gain. Think those two are good 'RP time filler' events to use to keep Nicole roughly in-sync with the rest of the PCs [so if the others have to travel for a couple of hours, we have something to 'occupy' her]. I won't speak for the player, but I think Serge expressed a desire to tag along with 1 at some point. And 4 is a good movable scene for when Nick doesn't have much to do right now.

I mentioned these because I can imagine plotting the next few 'days' will be somewhat taxing for you. In fact, perhaps it's an idea for each of us to list what our PCs are already 'booked' to do today here?
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon May 08, 2023 12:44 pm

Colin's plans for the evening are pretty simple - visit Patrick (Fallen Technocrat kid) in the dungeon, and bring Serge along for a bit of sightseeing and treasure hunting. Unless one of the Primi calls Colin in for an urgent audience.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum