Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OOC For IC

+3
Adley
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Nicole Bouchard
7 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

OOC For IC - Page 2 Empty Re: OOC For IC

Post by Adley Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:38 pm

Another reason to keep Haagan in the room with her. Keep fights from breaking out if Tali and her don't get along. Much as he suggested she go with Crexia who is clear with orders and put Flavian with Crexia beforehand. But there are enough motivations and they were all laid out.

The actions of my character have been pretty clear and he's not very shy about motives when it comes to her. He's responding to stimulus provided by your character, and the way you character acts and what she said to him. Adley does not want her to come along because she said she didn't trust him right before the mission, and he doesn't have time to deal with that right now because people need their help immediately. He thinks she's acting unprofessionally and unwisely and having to mind someone during something this risky is not something he wants to opt to do (unless he has to, not just to make some kind of point).

I'm not sure why (especially OOC) you're offering me hypothetical reactions for Adley's actions. If it helps you figure out /your/ character's responses that's different, her actions and motivations and responses are her own, but Nic's psychological workup of why she thinks Adley is doing xyz is not really important to me and it's confusing. He isn't reading her mind and I have laid out the motivation and response IC. If you're using it for flavor text on why she is responding, it's ending up being confusing to read random hypothetical replies. Especially when you pose it OOC as if it is a reasoning for why my character's behavior should lead to a certain action that didn't even actually happen in game. And won't.

Alright let's do a roll call with everyone in the entry hall:

Adley
Nicole
Gabby
Axel
Grey
Helga
Haagan
Antonio
Coawa
Mr Ameli
Tali
Ryan
Jon
Anna

Who am I missing

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:20 pm

The ones NOT in the entrance hall are the follwing:

Anna, Mr Amelie and his goblin, Darrian, Axel, Helga and Gray who are with Adley trying to rescue the prisoners.

Amadeus, Mara, Crexia, Amber Rose, Jeffry and Colin who are dealign with the aftermath of the fight with Lord Steel.

Everyone else are in the entrace hall. The teams have been changed around and two new teams will be formed from who is left in the entrance hall.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:22 pm

I'm genuinely confused about your OOC reaction, to be honest. I wasn't criticising your calls, trying to plan other scenarios or to justify anything!

My response was literally working off your OOC comment that Adley didn't want / wouldn't want to IC include her right now. That's it. Nothing more or less.

Look, let's forget it, okay? This tangent is both utterly baffling and non-productive, in my opinion.

As for the teams, I think I've ID'd the issue - that basically, Nick's suggestion of having Colin's team go with Adley got dropped silently [either due to IC or OOC reasons] and I made the assumption that it meant the suggestion had been accepted when in fact it hadn't.

Any chance of Great One coming up with a little bridging comment for an NPC explain away why it can't be done?
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:01 pm

I do not see that a bidging was done there was a long discussing of who would be needed and it was decided on while we where waiting to see if you even wanted to take part, which you where asked about several times, so a team was selected and the rest are splitting into one team to guard the entrance and one that will go and help out the Masters I fail to see what the problem is here.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:19 am

Okay, I didn't have the time to go through with a fine-tooth comb but I did just do a quick scan-read of pages 14-20 [Nick entered scene at top of it] and while Adley did mention the original plan for some of the NPC's he didn't say what any of the others would be doing [mid-page 14]. My first direct reply about the mission was bottom of page 18.

So in this case, Nick's question *does* make sense. But what the hey, I'll just do my own initiative and pretend an NPC told Nick intel of why her team needs to go on the offensive again. I don't like doing this but it's either this or wait and 'hold people up again'...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:08 am

It have been a several pages long discussion of who to send on the rescue mission, Nicole made her suggjestion it was heeded inpart as some of Colin's old team was sent with some additions, this have all been discussed IC long before Adley left with the rescuse mission I fail to see what the problem is. Nicole chimed in, part of her advice was taken but not all of it why do we need further clarification on this?
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:33 pm

Think this is another 'shades of English' thing.

The giving of orders was not made explicit. While Adley made a plan and gave orders to his team, he didn't give orders to the ones being left behind [unless I missed it, which is possible]. Couple with the fact that nobody directly replied to Nick's suggestion of Adley taking Colin's team too, made me think that either I was missing something or had fallen into a RP 'crack' [which happens to the best of us now and then].

And I don't like making assumptions on things like this.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:45 pm

There was no reason for Adley to give orders to the ones left behind his focus and responsibility right now is the rescue party.

It is possible no one replied directly to Nicole's suggjestion then again she was asked questions several times she did nto respond to in a discussion with many participants at times a sentence do nto get responded to, that do not mean we need a bridge.

I fail to see where the problem is here, Adley left with his team the rest is left behind to be split into two teams easy as that.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:29 am

So, the other two groups were literally just standing around like a bunch of lemons, then while Adley simply sorted out 'his' team?

And no, she was *not* asked directly IC about things.

The *problem* is that what you say happened and what I believe happened seems to be two utterly different things.

If I knew this back then, Nick would have been more proactive in organising 'her' people.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:09 am

Everyone discussed who to go on the rescue mission. A team was chosen, they left to do their jobs, the ones who are left int he foyer are discussing the two new teams.

The problem is I do not know how to explain it to you as it is pretty clear to me, to Warp and to Strive, and I have gone through things so many times now you will just have to go with it. Nothing was kept from you the discussion was right there for pages.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:17 pm

RE: Thread.

Has all resistance stopped in the room or what?
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:03 pm

Yes there was the lucky man who Nicole shot and then he got eaten by Coawa, the woman who made a hole in the floor who got shot and then finished off, one man who was put on fire by Antonio and a woman who got shot and then there is the guy who is talking with Coling and is being held prisoner.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:29 am

Erm... I wasn't intending Nick to fire again, merely cover the guy while Colin attempts his 'diplomacy'...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:49 am

I misunderstood you I am sorry I have changed my reply.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:16 pm

Is the shield 'portable', or fixed in place? And if it is fixed in place, is it actually in a place which is useful? [ie filling the doorway?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:28 pm

It is nto portable as Master Davenport said, it is filling the hallway in front of Nicole and is between her and the two Nephandi.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:01 pm

Has Colin/Adley appeared in the room where Nick is or not? It's not clear as you never mentioned Anna's presence when Nick returned the the Chief...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:10 pm

No they went directly to the marble room so they have not passed by the room Nicole is in they used the eyeball teleporters.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:28 am

Not exactly IC, but perhaps an issue...

Why has 's7trif3' turned into 's' and their avatar vanish?
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:09 am

Strife contacted me, they need to take a break from the game due to real life issues.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:12 am

I see. And did they change the name and everything? Just seems a touch odd a thing to do if they're simply having a rest period...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:12 am

I believe they might be leaving the game due to their real life issues.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed May 12, 2021 10:50 pm

(OOC: I have missed one of your posts? As far as I know I have replied to all your IC posts. Apperantly you ahve to for I do nto understand what you claim that I have missed.)

No, you keep missing elements of posts. To wit; when information requests are put within IC play; couple of examples [and bolding showing the bit missed].

'Well... there's two types of radars here, Mundie and vampire. I'd guess the Mundie one needs to stop them calling the cops, the vampire one to stop us being tracked after. So... the first one we need to appear "normal", the second to be untraceable. Wiping of security footage and so on.' she replied, continuing to try to find out if the nightclub had a rear entrance, for goods loading and so on.

'Access is gonna be difficult. It's in a built-up area, rather busy during the day.' Nicole will announce, switching back to the map to see if the club has any rear or side entrances for deliveries. 'We're gonna need either disguises or something which means we'll be ignored. Last thing we need is somebody calling the cops.'

What needs to be done to stop this from continuing?
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu May 13, 2021 5:02 am

The above was replied to IC.

Well... there's two types of radars here, Mundie and vampire. I'd guess the Mundie one needs to stop them calling the cops, the vampire one to stop us being tracked after. So... the first one we need to appear "normal", the second to be untraceable. Wiping of security footage and so on.' she replied, continuing to try to find out if the nightclub had a rear entrance, for goods loading and so on.

"I will elave the tech side of it to the Virtual Adept we bring along, as for stopping vampires tracing us we need counter magick for that, and that can be arranged."
The ice maga replied.

Access is gonna be difficult. It's in a built-up area, rather busy during the day.' Nicole will announce, switching back to the map to see if the club has any rear or side entrances for deliveries. 'We're gonna need either disguises or something which means we'll be ignored. Last thing we need is somebody calling the cops.'

"We could make sure we pass under the radar, that we are just not noticed but the vampires or their supernatural servants might still notice us."
Fran chimed in she was rubbing her hands in the now rather chilly room.
"Basically enacting a sort of artificial Arcane."
The Euthanatos said and Helena nodded at that.
"It is a possibility yes."

Both was replied to I am quite confused what you are on about here.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu May 13, 2021 1:32 pm

No it wasn't.

The question is 'is there any secondary entrances for the nightclub'? She would also like to know if there's a parking lot too, though that one is not vital.

The first reply talks about counter-magick, the second about Arcane. I'm really not sure how either these fit my question.

The point of confusion here is clearly that you replied to the conversation part, *not* the request for information as Nick searches her phone.

Example; a 'Google Maps' satellite view of the building may reveal a secondary entry for deliveries. In fact, the website itself may give directions for it. Or if the place has a Google Street View, it may be seen. Or marked on a line map.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum