Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Node, the Trial and a Cybernetics Convention IC thread 60

4 posters

Page 27 of 31 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

The Node, the Trial and a Cybernetics Convention IC thread 60 - Page 27 Empty Re: The Node, the Trial and a Cybernetics Convention IC thread 60

Post by Warpmind Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:54 am

[Concordia]
Jeremy wrote:Serge saw the message and responded, "Oh so there was an incident. Hope everything is ok!", blissfully unaware that he was the target of the incident.
Colin smiled thinly and replied, 'There was an assassin outside Timestop, she was stopped, and someone decided it was a good idea to attack a dragon. Except for the vampires and the trigger-happy wizard, no-one was badly hurt or killed, it seems.'

Anja wrote:"I see and that fate..."
Jeffry looked at you for a long moment but then decided not to ask further.
"It seams we must get Jace...again, what information do you have that can help us do that, and where we in danger here or Horizon or Steelhaven back home, and is this related to the attack on Horizon you have been talking about Mr Wainwright?"
Jeffry asked as he headed inside and greeted the two Verbena and the Cultist.
"Also I heard something about a riot at Time Stop do I have to worry?"
The old mage grumbled as he accepted a cup of coffee from Beatrice with a nod of thanks.
He nodded, "Jace has... become a vampire now, it seems, and he's slowly begun gathering power and followers. I don't believe we're in any more danger here, and I don't believe these two assassins were connected to tomorrow's attack... that doesn't mean Jace is unconnected, but the two vampires today came straight from Jace's demise in 2035."
He stretched his shoulders a bit, "And I don't think you need worry about the Timestop riot, the overly technophobic protesters reacted excessively to the presence of a vampire in their midst - I took care of her permanently - and one of the chaps decided it was a good idea to attack a dragon... choices were made, with fairly... immediate and permanent consequences. I don't believe there were other serious injuries, though. And I think perhaps I've gained some more sympathizers in the Security Office today, though I may have ruined appetites in the Chantry cafeteria... well, I don't think anyone begrudges me that. I do have some items needing analysis..."

Fishing out the little jar with the food sample, and the tiny flask, he set them on the table, "A vampire tampered with the food, planning to deliver it to the Seat of Time... I'm not sure what was in this flask, but I did secure a small food sample, as well as the flask itself, and a Tass crystal with the Resonance of the stuff. Oh, and a stone with the vampiress' Tass, drawn from her ashes. Disgusting flavor to it..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

The Node, the Trial and a Cybernetics Convention IC thread 60 - Page 27 Empty Re: The Node, the Trial and a Cybernetics Convention IC thread 60

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:13 pm

[Concordia]

He nodded, "Jace has... become a vampire now, it seems, and he's slowly begun gathering power and followers. I don't believe we're in any more danger here, and I don't believe these two assassins were connected to tomorrow's attack... that doesn't mean Jace is unconnected, but the two vampires today came straight from Jace's demise in 2035."

"And what about Jodi Blake? She is involved in this mess somehow, is she connected to Wallace Jace?"
Jeffry said, frowning as vampires was mentioned.
"And there was massassa here, on Horizon?"

He stretched his shoulders a bit, "And I don't think you need worry about the Timestop riot, the overly technophobic protesters reacted excessively to the presence of a vampire in their midst - I took care of her permanently - and one of the chaps decided it was a good idea to attack a dragon... choices were made, with fairly... immediate and permanent consequences. I don't believe there were other serious injuries, though. And I think perhaps I've gained some more sympathizers in the Security Office today, though I may have ruined appetites in the Chantry cafeteria... well, I don't think anyone begrudges me that. I do have some items needing analysis..."

"So you stopped one Massassa?"
Jeffry asked.
"You need to slow down here Mr Wainwright you say there was two of them? One at the Chantry as well?"
He asked looking confused.
"And the protesters attacked a dragon?"

Fishing out the little jar with the food sample, and the tiny flask, he set them on the table, "A vampire tampered with the food, planning to deliver it to the Seat of Time... I'm not sure what was in this flask, but I did secure a small food sample, as well as the flask itself, and a Tass crystal with the Resonance of the stuff. Oh, and a stone with the vampiress' Tass, drawn from her ashes. Disgusting flavor to it..."

"From the Chantry? Hum...I can analyze these samples for you but again you need to slow down for I only understand half of what you are telling me here Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said eying the samples and sipping his coffee.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:18 pm

[Concordia]
Anja wrote:"And what about Jodi Blake? She is involved in this mess somehow, is she connected to Wallace Jace?"
Jeffry said, frowning as vampires was mentioned.
"And there was massassa here, on Horizon?"
Colin shook his head, "I do believe Blake does work with Jace, yes, but Jace of today, not Jace of 2035. And yes, there were."

Anja wrote:"So you stopped one Massassa?"
Jeffry asked.
"You need to slow down here Mr Wainwright you say there was two of them? One at the Chantry as well?"
He asked looking confused.
"And the protesters attacked a dragon?"
He smiled thinly, "One massassa at Timestop, staked and beheaded with a protest placard. It is astounding what a little material manipulation can do for a makeshift axe. When the vampiress revealed herself in the crowd, there was an immediate panic that interrupted two dragons in their... affections, and one person made the poor choice of attacking them in the chaos. The poor dragons just wanted their peace and quiet... I don't believe there'll be much more to sort out of that aftermath, though. And yes, there were two, the other infiltrated the Chantry in the guise of one of Lady Marianna's handmaidens. I was given a squad of four guards to hunt down the intruder, and we got lucky with directions right at once."

Anja wrote:"From the Chantry? Hum...I can analyze these samples for you but again you need to slow down for I only understand half of what you are telling me here Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said eying the samples and sipping his coffee.
He nodded, "My apologies, Sir, it's still a little tumultuous, even in my mind. Hum... I could describe the Seeking-vision I received, but... how badly do you want to know the details, versus how willing are you to settle for my word I have taken care of the present situation pertaining to it?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:53 pm

[Concordia]

Colin shook his head, "I do believe Blake does work with Jace, yes, but Jace of today, not Jace of 2035. And yes, there were."

"Wallace Jace gives me a headache."
Jeffry groaned.
"I am going to need more coffee for this, in either case we need to find and stop Blake."

He smiled thinly, "One massassa at Timestop, staked and beheaded with a protest placard. It is astounding what a little material manipulation can do for a makeshift axe. When the vampiress revealed herself in the crowd, there was an immediate panic that interrupted two dragons in their... affections, and one person made the poor choice of attacking them in the chaos. The poor dragons just wanted their peace and quiet... I don't believe there'll be much more to sort out of that aftermath, though. And yes, there were two, the other infiltrated the Chantry in the guise of one of Lady Marianna's handmaidens. I was given a squad of four guards to hunt down the intruder, and we got lucky with directions right at once."

"Well poking at dragons are never a good idea unless you are powerful enough to deal with said dragon when it gets angry at you."
Jeffry said with a slight shake of his head.
"I assume lessons was learned for the poor fool's next incarnation and let us praise ourselves lucky it was not one of the Dragons from the Umbra who got attacked they would be far less likely to end their rampage."
The old Hermetic muttered.
"Ah good so both Messassa are gone then...hum who where their targets? The Seat of Time?"

He nodded, "My apologies, Sir, it's still a little tumultuous, even in my mind. Hum... I could describe the Seeking-vision I received, but... how badly do you want to know the details, versus how willing are you to settle for my word I have taken care of the present situation pertaining to it?"

You do not need to share your Seeking with me Mr Wainwright such things are private so if you say that things have been handheld I will believe you and focus on our present problems, for the gods know we have enough of them."
The old Hermetic said as he headed for the coffee pot. Beatrice put a cup of tea before you and her two friends and one for herself as well and sat down at the kitchen table.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:18 pm

[Concordia]
Anja wrote:"Wallace Jace gives me a headache."
Jeffry groaned.
"I am going to need more coffee for this, in either case we need to find and stop Blake."
Colin nodded, "Indeed... I believe Blake is the immediate threat - the spearhead, if you will."

Anja wrote:"Well poking at dragons are never a good idea unless you are powerful enough to deal with said dragon when it gets angry at you."
Jeffry said with a slight shake of his head.
"I assume lessons was learned for the poor fool's next incarnation and let us praise ourselves lucky it was not one of the Dragons from the Umbra who got attacked they would be far less likely to end their rampage."
The old Hermetic muttered.
"Ah good so both Messassa are gone then...hum who where their targets? The Seat of Time?"
He nodded, smiling warmly, "The Seat of Time, and the Heir of Akrites Salonikas. Mr. Yager and I had a lovely chat with the Seer earlier, in Akrites' old meditation room. It was good to see him... we talked a few things over, and while he obviously couldn't stay long, he did have the time for some personal messages, including providing Serge with his bequest."

Anja wrote:You do not need to share your Seeking with me Mr Wainwright such things are private so if you say that things have been handheld I will believe you and focus on our present problems, for the gods know we have enough of them."
The old Hermetic said as he headed for the coffee pot. Beatrice put a cup of tea before you and her two friends and one for herself as well and sat down at the kitchen table.
He nodded, "You'll be told at some point, no need to give you a premature ulcer... oh, Beatrice, dear, I think I left the letter and the enclosed card on the kitchen table in the rush... did you put them away for me?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:14 am

[Concordia]

Colin nodded, "Indeed... I believe Blake is the immediate threat - the spearhead, if you will."

"Indeed, what concern me though is that no one have been able to get her for 600 years...then again they never had the most anoying Orphan in the Tellurian on their side."
Jeffry said with a bit of a chuckle.

He nodded, smiling warmly, "The Seat of Time, and the Heir of Akrites Salonikas. Mr. Yager and I had a lovely chat with the Seer earlier, in Akrites' old meditation room. It was good to see him... we talked a few things over, and while he obviously couldn't stay long, he did have the time for some personal messages, including providing Serge with his bequest."

"Yes I have been informed about that, the kid have potential, I mean his Mentor is a great and powerful lady and she believe in him, if only he believed as much in himself."
Jeffry said sipping his coffee.
"We have one more of the reincarnations...well in this case heir then since the great Sage never died...but both are safe? Master Marianna and Mr Yager?"

He nodded, "You'll be told at some point, no need to give you a premature ulcer... oh, Beatrice, dear, I think I left the letter and the enclosed card on the kitchen table in the rush... did you put them away for me?"

Jeffry groaned at that.
"My poor Longevity Potions are straining."
He grumbled. Beatrice nodded.
"I thought they where important and should not be laying around so I put them in the safe in the basement. Master Morgan gave me the combination earlier in case something valuable had to be secured, it is warded."
The young Verbena informed you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:31 am

[Concordia]
Anja wrote:"Indeed, what concern me though is that no one have been able to get her for 600 years...then again they never had the most anoying Orphan in the Tellurian on their side."
Jeffry said with a bit of a chuckle.
Colin grinned, "I must admit to taking some pride in that title."

Anja wrote:"Yes I have been informed about that, the kid have potential, I mean his Mentor is a great and powerful lady and she believe in him, if only he believed as much in himself."
Jeffry said sipping his coffee.
"We have one more of the reincarnations...well in this case heir then since the great Sage never died...but both are safe? Master Marianna and Mr Yager?"
He nodded, "They're both safe, in this instance. Of course, the forces of evil are persistent, but we'll maintain our vigil."

Anja wrote:Jeffry groaned at that.
"My poor Longevity Potions are straining."
He grumbled. Beatrice nodded.
"I thought they where important and should not be laying around so I put them in the safe in the basement. Master Morgan gave me the combination earlier in case something valuable had to be secured, it is warded."
The young Verbena informed you.
He nodded, "Good, thank you. They should be fine there for now, then. Which reminds me, is there a book on Tarot cards in the house?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:56 am

[Concordia]

Colin grinned, "I must admit to taking some pride in that title."

"We have to have a door sign made."
Jeffry joked with another chuckle.
"Joking aside you and your Cabal is getting a reputation for achieving the impossible."

He nodded, "They're both safe, in this instance. Of course, the forces of evil are persistent, but we'll maintain our vigil."

Jeffry nodded at that.
"That is good and yes we will."

He nodded, "Good, thank you. They should be fine there for now, then. Which reminds me, is there a book on Tarot cards in the house?"

"I have already found a couple, here they are."
Beatrice said and she found three large, dusty books from a side table and handed you they where named Ancient Tarot Symbolism Revealed, The Pictorial Key To The Tarot and A Complete Guide to the Tarot.
"Will these help?"
The young Verbena asked. Jeffry raised an eyebrow.
"Have you taken up an interest in the Tarot Mr Wainwright?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:08 pm

[Concordia]
Anja wrote:"We have to have a door sign made."
Jeffry joked with another chuckle.
"Joking aside you and your Cabal is getting a reputation for achieving the impossible."
Colin chuckled, "I know just where to get a nice bronze plaque for that."

Anja wrote:"I have already found a couple, here they are."
Beatrice said and she found three large, dusty books from a side table and handed you they where named Ancient Tarot Symbolism Revealed, The Pictorial Key To The Tarot and A Complete Guide to the Tarot.
"Will these help?"
The young Verbena asked. Jeffry raised an eyebrow.
"Have you taken up an interest in the Tarot Mr Wainwright?"
He took a sip of his tea, then picked up the Complete Guide, "This should be a good start, I think, thank you."
He smiled wryly to Morgan, "Ah, not particularly, though I suppose I ought to brush up on it before visiting my parents for Christmas; my aunt's a reader, and I want to know how much she really knows, but in this case, I'm a bit more curious about the connotations of the card Old Man Wrinkle sent me. The Hanged Man."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:06 pm

[TimeStop Labs, Cafeteria]

Anja wrote:"Yeah I can see how it could have many applications."
The man with the toddler on his arm said.
"But I mean a hurdle for many in magick is visualization, not that you can not do it without it but it is a part of allot of Paradigms, VR tech could help people get past that, do you have a problem visualizing a golden glow around your spell candle, VR can do it for you."
He added and several nodded in agreement.
Anja wrote:Well the security officers seamed more relaxed now but they still keep watch over the cafeteria but they had not opened the doors yet. Finally the woman who had led you in here raised her arms.
"Ok folks there are news, there was a disturbance outside, we do not know the details, apparently one of the protesters outside attacked one of the dragons and the dragon took offense, we believe the crisis is over but just give us a minute or two extra just to make sure, but you can relax it looks like the dragons have calmed down and things are resolving themselves."
Colin wrote:Colin smiled thinly and replied, 'There was an assassin outside Timestop, she was stopped, and someone decided it was a good idea to attack a dragon. Except for the vampires and the trigger-happy wizard, no-one was badly hurt or killed, it seems.'

Serge had feeling the Security Officer wasn't going to mention anything about the assassin vampire, which made him feel slightly amused at a secret no one else knew about. Though he was still a little worried that such a thing happened so soon after the last incident.

"Well that's good to hear. We'll all be getting back to the convention in no time. You know if this were a heist movie this is the part where we'd learn that the dragon was actually a distraction so that the crew could steal all of the fancy tech."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:58 am

[Concordia]

Colin chuckled, "I know just where to get a nice bronze plaque for that."

Jeffry grinned at that.
"I mean it is an impressive title Mr Wainwright."

He took a sip of his tea, then picked up the Complete Guide, "This should be a good start, I think, thank you."
He smiled wryly to Morgan, "Ah, not particularly, though I suppose I ought to brush up on it before visiting my parents for Christmas; my aunt's a reader, and I want to know how much she really knows, but in this case, I'm a bit more curious about the connotations of the card Old Man Wrinkle sent me. The Hanged Man."

Beatrice nodded and sat back down. Jeffry paled a little.
"Old Man Wrinkle gave you a Tarot card? What have I told you about the Paradox Spirit Mr Wainwright?"
Jeffry grumbled, then he shook his head.
"As for the Hanged Man it usually stand for enlightenment gained through sacrifice, or a sacrifice for a greater good. Modern interpretations twist this into the common letting go of what no longer serve you, but originally it was a card about personal sacrifice to attain a greater goal. On the Tree of Life it is place between Geburah which is the essence of judgement, and Hod the essence of Splendor."
Jeffry explained.
"Not that I am any expert on the Tarot."

[TimeStop Labs, Cafeteria]

Serge had feeling the Security Officer wasn't going to mention anything about the assassin vampire, which made him feel slightly amused at a secret no one else knew about. Though he was still a little worried that such a thing happened so soon after the last incident.

"Well that's good to hear. We'll all be getting back to the convention in no time. You know if this were a heist movie this is the part where we'd learn that the dragon was actually a distraction so that the crew could steal all of the fancy tech."

"Well the tech is spread out among many stalls, lecture rooms and so would be impractical to steal, but if you wanted to get into the convention to cause some trouble, or you know even take someone out then this commotion would be the way to go about it."
The man who had bought himself six fingered hands replied.
"Plant someone in a angry, easy to manipulate crowd and have them react badly enough to cause a huge commotion, and a angry dragon is a huge commotion, it is what I would do if I wanted to get in somewhere to kill someone."
He said and everyone else in the room sort of gave him hairy eyeballs.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:22 am

[Concordia]
Anja wrote:Beatrice nodded and sat back down. Jeffry paled a little.
"Old Man Wrinkle gave you a Tarot card? What have I told you about the Paradox Spirit Mr Wainwright?"
Jeffry grumbled, then he shook his head.
Colin smiled thinly, "With all due respect, Sir, I know more about Old Man Wrinkle than any other living Mage... but this card was enclosed with a letter, in response to some information I had provided him, by his request. He didn't show up to talk to anyone, just dropped off the warning and left before anyone could see him."

Anja wrote:"As for the Hanged Man it usually stand for enlightenment gained through sacrifice, or a sacrifice for a greater good. Modern interpretations twist this into the common letting go of what no longer serve you, but originally it was a card about personal sacrifice to attain a greater goal. On the Tree of Life it is place between Geburah which is the essence of judgement, and Hod the essence of Splendor."
Jeffry explained.
"Not that I am any expert on the Tarot."
He nodded thoughtfully, flipping through the book to the page on the card in question, "Yes, that seems an accurate description. All worth it to stop Jace... if I can't do it before then. Hum, an Odin reference? Interesting..."

((OOC: Did Serge just unveil a separate plot that was just waiting for the powder keg to pop? Oh, great... Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:31 am

[Concordia]

Colin smiled thinly, "With all due respect, Sir, I know more about Old Man Wrinkle than any other living Mage... but this card was enclosed with a letter, in response to some information I had provided him, by his request. He didn't show up to talk to anyone, just dropped off the warning and left before anyone could see him."

Jeffry did not look happy and a vein on the side of his forehead was pulsing but he only said.
"Just be careful Mr Wainwright."

He nodded thoughtfully, flipping through the book to the page on the card in question, "Yes, that seems an accurate description. All worth it to stop Jace... if I can't do it before then. Hum, an Odin reference? Interesting..."

"That is the classic reference, Odin who sacrificed his eyes and hung on Yggdrasil for three days. The Hanged Man is about a willing sacrifice in order to gain wisdom or a higher goal which fit perfectly with the story of how Odin gained the wisdom of the runes. It is also interestng that Odin is liked with Hermes, Thoth and Mercury."
Jeffry continued.
"It is a card about power but that power is not free."

(OOC: That is for me to know and you to worry about. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:53 pm

[Concordia]
Anja wrote:Jeffry did not look happy and a vein on the side of his forehead was pulsing but he only said.
"Just be careful Mr Wainwright."
Colin nodded, "Careful, certainly... but I can promise you this, Wrinkle will never want to harm any of us. At most, a stern talking-to, very much like your own lectures, with a harsh instructive task... but no personal harm. That's not a license to play around like a US Marine with a box of crayons, but a guideline to tie up all loose ends."

Anja wrote:"That is the classic reference, Odin who sacrificed his eyes and hung on Yggdrasil for three days. The Hanged Man is about a willing sacrifice in order to gain wisdom or a higher goal which fit perfectly with the story of how Odin gained the wisdom of the runes. It is also interestng that Odin is liked with Hermes, Thoth and Mercury."
Jeffry continued.
"It is a card about power but that power is not free."
He nodded thoughtfully, flipping a few pages back and forth, "Hum, it would seem that Death and The Chariot complement The Hanged Man for that future event... well... it'll be a hell of a way to go. In this case, it's not power itself that comes at a cost, but success... victory. A prophecy that I will defeat Wallace Jace - at the time Moloch - in the end, but I won't return from that battle... and it will be worth it."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:54 pm

[Concordia]

Colin nodded, "Careful, certainly... but I can promise you this, Wrinkle will never want to harm any of us. At most, a stern talking-to, very much like your own lectures, with a harsh instructive task... but no personal harm. That's not a license to play around like a US Marine with a box of crayons, but a guideline to tie up all loose ends."

"He is a Paradox Spirit Mr Wainwright they exist to harm mages whatever or not they desire to do so is irrelevant, they do, they are part of the system that keep us down."
Jeffry said with a sigh.
"And they should not be toyed with."

He nodded thoughtfully, flipping a few pages back and forth, "Hum, it would seem that Death and The Chariot complement The Hanged Man for that future event... well... it'll be a hell of a way to go. In this case, it's not power itself that comes at a cost, but success... victory. A prophecy that I will defeat Wallace Jace - at the time Moloch - in the end, but I won't return from that battle... and it will be worth it."

"Well members of my House speak highly of such a end, to die in a massive explosion or rather to go out doing something meaningful, delivering a final blow to the enemy, like Flambeau the Founder did."
The old Hermetic said.
"I have no desire to meet my end, but if it happens then I would rather die doing something meaningful, it is not a bad end, though I hope Mr Wainwright that such a glorious fate will not happen to soon for your Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said solemnly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:17 pm

[Concordia]
Anja wrote:"He is a Paradox Spirit Mr Wainwright they exist to harm mages whatever or not they desire to do so is irrelevant, they do, they are part of the system that keep us down."
Jeffry said with a sigh.
"And they should not be toyed with."
Colin nodded, "Wrinkle is different, though... the theory that he was a Mage who became a Paradox Spirit to protect the integrity of Time itself? It's essentially correct... and that's in part why he is also known to be sympathetic to people, rather than ruthless and vindictive. But no, even he should not be toyed with. It would be rude, if nothing else."

Anja wrote:"Well members of my House speak highly of such a end, to die in a massive explosion or rather to go out doing something meaningful, delivering a final blow to the enemy, like Flambeau the Founder did."
The old Hermetic said.
"I have no desire to meet my end, but if it happens then I would rather die doing something meaningful, it is not a bad end, though I hope Mr Wainwright that such a glorious fate will not happen to soon for your Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said solemnly.
He nodded, "It depends on whether or not we can stop Jace before then. Jace has no more than twenty years left. If I can cut his time down, I've got an indefinite amount of time left. I would very much like to send him straight to Hell at the earliest convenience, but if needs must be... I'm ready for it."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:55 pm

[Concordia]

Colin nodded, "Wrinkle is different, though... the theory that he was a Mage who became a Paradox Spirit to protect the integrity of Time itself? It's essentially correct... and that's in part why he is also known to be sympathetic to people, rather than ruthless and vindictive. But no, even he should not be toyed with. It would be rude, if nothing else."

Jeffry sigh.
"Listen Mr Wainwright I am not going to tell what risks you take in your life but I will have to ask you, if you insist on maintaining relations to this Paradox Spirit that you do not bring him here to my town House or toe Steelhaven and not get other members of the Chantry into danger by having them be near him."
The old Hermetic said sternly.

He nodded, "It depends on whether or not we can stop Jace before then. Jace has no more than twenty years left. If I can cut his time down, I've got an indefinite amount of time left. I would very much like to send him straight to Hell at the earliest convenience, but if needs must be... I'm ready for it."

"A plan B then."
Jeffry said.
"For now let us focus on finding Wallace Jace and his allies and ending them as soon as possible. The question is where do we start?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:05 pm

[Concordia]
Anja wrote:Jeffry sigh.
"Listen Mr Wainwright I am not going to tell what risks you take in your life but I will have to ask you, if you insist on maintaining relations to this Paradox Spirit that you do not bring him here to my town House or toe Steelhaven and not get other members of the Chantry into danger by having them be near him."
Colin nodded, "I cannot avoid him, but I can promise he will be as discreet in his communications as possible - as Miss Alexander can vouch for. He won't endanger anyone from Steelhaven Hall with his presence, outside of egregious causality breaches."

Anja wrote:"A plan B then."
Jeffry said.
"For now let us focus on finding Wallace Jace and his allies and ending them as soon as possible. The question is where do we start?"
He frowned, "I don't know, but I suspect locating the Psychopomp will give us some good clues. And we'll need to ask it for help to extricate the Grimoire, too - that's going to be a tricky task. After that... there's a chance I might gain some useful intelligence from the legendary archer of Sherwood Forest regarding the bloodline Jace has been abducting. There are some options I know of, and others that will reveal themselves in time, but right this moment... watch and wait."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:31 am

[Concordia]

Colin nodded, "I cannot avoid him, but I can promise he will be as discreet in his communications as possible - as Miss Alexander can vouch for. He won't endanger anyone from Steelhaven Hall with his presence, outside of egregious causality breaches."

"That a lion will let you pass without harming you once Mr Wainwright do not mean he will not eat you later. No Paradox Spirits in the Chantry, if you have to speak with Old Man Wrinkle do it somewhere else!"

He frowned, "I don't know, but I suspect locating the Psychopomp will give us some good clues. And we'll need to ask it for help to extricate the Grimoire, too - that's going to be a tricky task. After that...

"Then we first need this Widderslainte Liky...at least we got her lover, and we can put that plan into motion.

there's a chance I might gain some useful intelligence from the legendary archer of Sherwood Forest regarding the bloodline Jace has been abducting. There are some options I know of, and others that will reveal themselves in time, but right this moment... watch and wait."

"You have unusual friends Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said with a sigh sipping his coffee.
"For now I guess we will focus on the attack tomorrow and stopping it if it comes and Kyle's trial and..."
He looked at Beatrice who looked down nervously.
"And my re sentencing Master Morgan."
She whispered and Jeffry gave her a pat on the hand.
"You will be fine Miss Alexander."
"I hope so."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:08 am

[TimeStop Labs, Conference Hall]

Anja's Post:

'Okay.' she replied, then ending the call. While that answer didn't really make much sense to her, also suspected it was as good as she was going to get.

Anja's Post:

Colin's Post:

'Someone's fucking about with time travel... or time and space travel.' Nicole replied, hammering out 'what was it and is there any risk now' and sending it to Colin.

[Re-doing this, as Nick is standing there with no reply from the TimeStop guard she is talking to. Plus, I think the other two are running much ahead of her, time-wise...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:12 am

[Concordia]
Nicole wrote:'Someone's fucking about with time travel... or time and space travel.' Nicole replied, hammering out 'what was it and is there any risk now' and sending it to Colin.
Colin typed back, 'Vampire assassin for Serge, sent from the future. She's staked and beheaded outside. One of the protesters decided to shoot at a dragon in the brief panic when the vampire revealed herself. Situation should be safe, but stay alert in case the protest causes more trouble.'

Anja wrote:"That a lion will let you pass without harming you once Mr Wainwright do not mean he will not eat you later. No Paradox Spirits in the Chantry, if you have to speak with Old Man Wrinkle do it somewhere else!"
He grimaced, "Well, now, 'eat me' is not the term I'd use... but certainly, if I have to call on him, I will do so at the villa, or other convenient locations away from the Chantry."

Anja wrote:"Then we first need this Widderslainte Liky...at least we got her lover, and we can put that plan into motion.
He nodded, "The... execution and capture operation should be happening tomorrow, right? Lots of things going down at once..."

Anja wrote:"You have unusual friends Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said with a sigh sipping his coffee.
"For now I guess we will focus on the attack tomorrow and stopping it if it comes and Kyle's trial and..."
He looked at Beatrice who looked down nervously.
"And my re sentencing Master Morgan."
She whispered and Jeffry gave her a pat on the hand.
"You will be fine Miss Alexander."
"I hope so."
He smiled wryly, "Perhaps it would be more accurate to refer to them as a diverse set of contacts - a complex network of acquaintances? And there's also Patrick Dale's trial... which should coincide with the attack. It's a right mess. At least Horizon has a surprise ally waiting in the bleachers for it..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:37 am

[TimeStop Labs, Conference Hall]

Someone's fucking about with time travel... or time and space travel.' Nicole replied, hammering out 'what was it and is there any risk now' and sending it to Colin.

You get the message sent of to Colin. Around you things seamed to be calming down though.

(OOC: I am a bit confused, I have gone back and I can not see I have missed Nicole asking something of one of the guards, could you tell me where that is or re post it so I can reply.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:45 am

[Concordia]

He grimaced, "Well, now, 'eat me' is not the term I'd use... but certainly, if I have to call on him, I will do so at the villa, or other convenient locations away from the Chantry."

"Preferably not at the Villa since one of our Nodes are there, just have such meetings away from the Chantry."
Jeffry replied with a frown.

He nodded, "The... execution and capture operation should be happening tomorrow, right? Lots of things going down at once..."

"Yes that is right."
Jeffry said.
"I would have liked to be there but we have to trust our Earthside team can get the widderslainte woman captured and deal with the execution of her vampire lover."

He smiled wryly, "Perhaps it would be more accurate to refer to them as a diverse set of contacts - a complex network of acquaintances? And there's also Patrick Dale's trial... which should coincide with the attack.

"Yes let us make sure at least some of us are in the audience for that trial so we are positioned to help reduce damage and risk to life."
Jeffry said with a frown.
"And see what new information we can find."

It's a right mess. At least Horizon has a surprise ally waiting in the bleachers for it..."

The old Hermetic nodded at that.
"Yes...for now these assassins worry me...would you mind returning to Time Stop Mr Wainwright just to make sure Mr Yager and Miss Bouchard is safe, the mess you describe there would be perfect as a diversion and I wonder if the threat is really as eliminated as it would seams."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:04 pm

(Erm, the bit which is said aloud? She was talking to the guard while texting Colin for details on the threat so she could relay it.)
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:09 pm

[Concordia]

'Someone's fucking about with time travel... or time and space travel.' Nicole replied, hammering out 'what was it and is there any risk now' and sending it to Colin.

"That might be what upset the dragons then."
The guard said.
"Ok someone is going to head out to assess the situation, I am going, do you want to join me Scientist?"
He asked as he headed towards the teleorters, going by way of the electronics shop seamed safer than opening the other doors right into the mess outside.

(OOC: I thought that was what she sent to Colin as that is what it seamed like from the context, however there replied.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 31 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next