Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Traitor, Conflicts and Foiling the Nephandi's Plans IC Thread 6

4 posters

Page 27 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

The Traitor, Conflicts and Foiling the Nephandi's Plans IC Thread 6 - Page 27 Empty Re: The Traitor, Conflicts and Foiling the Nephandi's Plans IC Thread 6

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:57 pm

Colin nodded to Julia, "I will let you know when I know how much time I've needed. It should be a modest amount of time, in any case."

"Thank you Mr Wainwright. I will await your reply then."

He nodded at Morgan's explanation, "The supposition sounds accurate enough; whoever they are, they need both the access and quite a bit of education in the particular specialty."

"Yes, well I guess we will find out more when we catch them, and we will catch them."
Jeffry Morgan say in a determined tone of voice.

(OOC: Oops I think I lost a few words there, I will go and fix it now. I do wonder how that happened sorry.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Traitor, Conflicts and Foiling the Nephandi's Plans IC Thread 6 - Page 27 Empty Re: The Traitor, Conflicts and Foiling the Nephandi's Plans IC Thread 6

Post by Warpmind Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:20 pm

Colin glanced at the reply on his phone, "Ah, Miss Adelbloom will send the most publicly available information in a few minutes, and a bit more thorough information as and when she accumulates it. She will be setting her... hm, electronic gremlins to dig through the electronic libraries, as it were," he said, more to give Morgan a metaphor than anything else.

((OOC: 'Sokay; Sith happens.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:37 pm

Jeffry Morgan nodded.
"Ah yes electronic gremlins that sounds most useful, Miss Adelbloom is turning out to be quite competent, even if she is a technomancer."
The old Hermetic said.

You get a text message from Freddy, the text message contain several links to the various buildings around the plaza, what organizations, offices and shops where there and the history of the place. It appears to be several dozen buildings around the plaza, a couple of them skyscrapers. The message also had the question:
"Is there any particular buildings you want information on Colin?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:03 pm

"I am not sure if I should be proud of you for your courage in helping a friend...or cross with you for your recklessness mea filius, but I am glad you where not hurt, and I am glad that Miss Alexander's Avatar will recover."

'In the grand tradition of our House, both are probably appropriate, especially as it did not seem reckless to me at the time. Just necessary. And I hope so, I wasn't a...perfect donor. But Beatrice responded to the node, that is good. She said it helped the pain."

"You really are becoming...someone worthy of our House." He muttered before he rose to get more coffee.

He smiled a little. He still felt he should have done a better job - gotten back in time, prevented it from happening at all. "The avatar eater enraged my avatar far more than Cita's work ever could. It is still...feeling angry, as if I'd been spiritually mugged but thankfully it didn't get what it wanted."

He frowned at the information about the beast, "A linear mage makes sense; they would not be considered food by those beasts, I guess... So, the question is, willing conspirator, salaried unwitting employee, or another extortion victim like Mr. Bergen?"

"My question is, were they on a one-time hit mission or are they still around?"

He nodded at Morgan's explanation, "The supposition sounds accurate enough; whoever they are, they need both the access and quite a bit of education in the particular specialty."

"So, who is desperate to get what they want or believing in the cause and good at wards, on par with a Master level magus? Are they related to that other problem that we just heard about? Is there a way to try to match the magickal fingerprints...and have they already vacated the premises or do we have more infiltrators. We have several hedge wizards that have come from Lux Iternis, several of our own. Now, if there is one thing that seems apparent, it is that Bergen doesn't' respect hedge wizards. If he had a linear accomplice with power of that magnitude, he might have been feeling...rather...angry at the apparent fact this hedge wizard had more raw power than he did. Bergen does 'respect' the chain of authority, and power overall - yet this would seem to be a conflict for him. Maybe he would be willing to slip about the hedge wizard, if not this Abigail G."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:40 pm

'In the grand tradition of our House, both are probably appropriate, especially as it did not seem reckless to me at the time. Just necessary. And I hope so, I wasn't a...perfect donor. But Beatrice responded to the node, that is good. She said it helped the pain."

"That is good, hopefully that means her Avatar is getting stronger, poor girl I can not imagine the kind of pain she is in...or the fear...you did do what you had to Adley, you protected your Cabalmate, but that do not mean I do not worry about you when I hear about such things."
Jeffry said softly as he glanced at you.

He smiled a little. He still felt he should have done a better job - gotten back in time, prevented it from happening at all. "The avatar eater enraged my avatar far more than Cita's work ever could. It is still...feeling angry, as if I'd been spiritually mugged but thankfully it didn't get what it wanted."

The old mage's eyes narrowed.
"If that thing had hurt you..."
He muttered darkly.
"Are you sure you are alright? When things calm down I want Cita to check you out, especially since you also have that tenant of yours, I will rest easier once I know everything is as it should be."
Jeffry said then he sigh.
"Or perhaps I have just an overprotective old fool."
He muttered with a slight grin.

"My question is, were they on a one-time hit mission or are they still around?"

"If I had gathered that kind of resources, I would not leave it at one failed attempt."
Your mentor said and refilled his coffee cup and returned to the table.
"There are more coffee if you want any."

"So, who is desperate to get what they want or believing in the cause and good at wards, on par with a Master level magus? Are they related to that other problem that we just heard about? Is there a way to try to match the magickal fingerprints...

"Well now that is the question is it now. As for a magickal fingerprint yes, I should be able to identify other magick the same willworkers have done."

and have they already vacated the premises or do we have more infiltrators. We have several hedge wizards that have come from Lux Iternis, several of our own. Now, if there is one thing that seems apparent, it is that Bergen doesn't' respect hedge wizards. If he had a linear accomplice with power of that magnitude, he might have been feeling...rather...angry at the apparent fact this hedge wizard had more raw power than he did.

"I would suspect that the two accomplices have vacated the premises, but that they will try again given half a chance. I do worry about more infiltrators yes and I am skeptical about the linears from Lux Iternis, I do not trust them. Also yes I am pretty sure it would irk Mr Bergen to no end to work with a Hedge Wizard more powerful than himself."

Bergen does 'respect' the chain of authority, and power overall - yet this would seem to be a conflict for him. Maybe he would be willing to slip about the hedge wizard, if not this Abigail G."

"Hum...you mean poke him where it hurt...his pride, about his linear accomplice, you know that might just work mea filius, that might just work."
Jeffry said with a grin.
"And it will be such a pleasure as well."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:54 pm

Colin poked at the links in the message, and grimaced at Morgan, "So, please pardon the expression, Sir, but now I know how it feels to be you... She sent me a series of references to the public information. I wish we had a printer I could use for this, but... Hold on, I'll write down the basic information here, see if you see something conspicuous."
He pulled out a large, blank page and started transcribing building details and company information at a rapid pace, meticulously getting names and numbers correctly. At the end, he handed it over to Morgan, "Here's the rough list; do you see anything we need a closer look at?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:02 pm

"Are you sure you are alright? When things calm down I want Cita to check you out, especially since you also have that tenant of yours, I will rest easier once I know everything is as it should be."

"I seem to be fine, other than the fact my avatar is so unsettled it is like having constant spiritual indigestion - it's angry and wants to fight, which I will not deny was useful at the time and a worthy target."

"If I had gathered that kind of resources, I would not leave it at one failed attempt." Your mentor said and refilled his coffee cup and returned to the table. "There are more coffee if you want any."

"True. Speaking then, we'll need to keep an eye on Mr Lenoe and also Tobias. I do not want them used as tools against us, and Tobias is hardly strong enough to go to Horizon as he stands. He looked awful and this fright could not have helped anyone." He shook his head at the refill and put the mug down.

"I would suspect that the two accomplices have vacated the premises, but that they will try again given half a chance. I do worry about more infiltrators yes and I am skeptical about the linears from Lux Iternis, I do not trust them. Also yes I am pretty sure it would irk Mr Bergen to no end to work with a Hedge Wizard more powerful than himself.

"Well, they may not be directly involved, at least not on purpose but that does not mean they cannot be used for purposes. We just do not know. It appeared to me at the time that they sent their very best, at the time. I have a question. Would it be possible to create a ban using the magickal trails left behind as a blueprint? That way if they came again, they would set off an alarm or better yet, a trap."

"Hum...you mean poke him where it hurt...his pride, about his linear accomplice, you know that might just work mea filius, that might just work."Jeffry said with a grin. "And it will be such a pleasure as well."

He gave a nod. "He was ready to hit me when I barely mentioned Mrs Day's victory over him - I think the only thing keeping him back is he knew it would blow his plan, in retrospect and then possibly harm his daughter."

Colin glanced at the reply on his phone, "Ah, Miss Adelbloom will send the most publicly available information in a few minutes, and a bit more thorough information as and when she accumulates it. She will be setting her... hm, electronic gremlins to dig through the electronic libraries, as it were," he said, more to give Morgan a metaphor than anything else

"That's good." He smiled a little at the mention of gremlins. "That's good, let's hope we find what we need. So, who should go is the last bit of this equation. Staffing is thin enough for our choices to be naturally self-limiting." Then he glanced over at what Colin was writing down, curious what Freddy had found out.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:45 pm

Colin poked at the links in the message, and grimaced at Morgan, "So, please pardon the expression, Sir, but now I know how it feels to be you... She sent me a series of references to the public information. I wish we had a printer I could use for this, but... Hold on, I'll write down the basic information here, see if you see something conspicuous."

The old mage grinned.
"Well I have never claimed to be good with technology, I remember when gas lamps was the hight of inventiveness."

He pulled out a large, blank page and started transcribing building details and company information at a rapid pace, meticulously getting names and numbers correctly. At the end, he handed it over to Morgan, "Here's the rough list; do you see anything we need a closer look at?"

"Hum...The Title and Trust Center, the top floors of this building is a Syndicate Construct that much is known."
Jeffry said with the usual look of disgust he gets on his face when talking about the Technocracy.
"Other than that I know nothing about these buildings."

"I seem to be fine, other than the fact my avatar is so unsettled it is like having constant spiritual indigestion - it's angry and wants to fight, which I will not deny was useful at the time and a worthy target."

"Well the way I understand it mea filius your Avatar is a bit of a spitfire, good, use that rage as long as you can control it."
Your mentor says.
"I am just glad you are alright. I still want Cita to check you out when things calms down though."

"True. Speaking then, we'll need to keep an eye on Mr Lenoe and also Tobias. I do not want them used as tools against us, and Tobias is hardly strong enough to go to Horizon as he stands. He looked awful and this fright could not have helped anyone." He shook his head at the refill and put the mug down.

"We need to keep and eye on Mr Lenoe to make sure no one takes blood from him to use against us...as for Tobias."
Jeffry looks sad for a moment.
"Cita informs me that Tobias is declining more quickly than expected, she think it is doubtful his Avatar will survive going through withdrawal..."
He said and sigh.
"But she is doing all she can for him."

"Well, they may not be directly involved, at least not on purpose but that does not mean they cannot be used for purposes. We just do not know. It appeared to me at the time that they sent their very best, at the time. I have a question. Would it be possible to create a ban using the magickal trails left behind as a blueprint? That way if they came again, they would set off an alarm or better yet, a trap."

"It is not a bad idea Adley...yes...I can probably do this."
The old Hermetic said and nodded.
"We do not know who is involved and that is the problem, but right now we need the Hedge Wizards so we need to keep them here, even if I do not like it at the moment."

He gave a nod. "He was ready to hit me when I barely mentioned Mrs Day's victory over him - I think the only thing keeping him back is he knew it would blow his plan, in retrospect and then possibly harm his daughter."

"We might have something more effective than torture to get information out of Mr Bergen...would any of you two gentlemen like to come with me when this meeting is done to have a chat with our Cultist friend?"
Jeffry Morgan said with a grin.

So, who should go is the last bit of this equation. Staffing is thin enough for our choices to be naturally self-limiting." Then he glanced over at what Colin was writing down, curious what Freddy had found out.

"Well yes that is the problem, it really depends on whatever or not one of the Virtual Adepts can teleport the group over to Chicago or not. Do any of you two have any suggestions in that regard? i feel we know so little it is hard to put a team together."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:42 pm

Colin pondered, "This is just the publicly available information, it seems. I would surmise, under the circumstances, the girl is not held in the Technocrat building. Assuming, of course, our troublemaker isn't cutting some deal with the Union to have us removed entirely... But then, I honestly doubt the ones going along with hunting us would give a Traditionalist the time to explain their nefarious scheme in the first place. Too complicated. A phone call to your friends in Chicago might serve to narrow down the search a little."
He looked toward the door, half smiling, "I told Bergen he had his chance with me; that he'd be unlikely to see me again. Besides, I would hate to deprive Adley of the pleasure of the man's exquisite company. As for a strike team... I would suggest our Chakravanti, perhaps. If there is a rot in the Hermetic Tradition's internal security, we should rely on those most apt at cutting out the rot to save what can be salvaged... and they might prove the best suited to... well, if the worst should happen, there are few Traditions I would feel more reassured with."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:57 pm

Colin pondered, "This is just the publicly available information, it seems. I would surmise, under the circumstances, the girl is not held in the Technocrat building. Assuming, of course, our troublemaker isn't cutting some deal with the Union to have us removed entirely... But then, I honestly doubt the ones going along with hunting us would give a Traditionalist the time to explain their nefarious scheme in the first place. Too complicated. A phone call to your friends in Chicago might serve to narrow down the search a little."

"No in this case it is not likely that the Technocrats are involved Mr Wainwright, especially since they are no more fond of vampires than we are, less even."
Jeffry Morgan said then he nodded.
"I will give my allies a call, on the other hand that our clues lead us to a place that houses among other things a known Construct do give me pause, I do not like coincidences."

He looked toward the door, half smiling, "I told Bergen he had his chance with me; that he'd be unlikely to see me again. Besides, I would hate to deprive Adley of the pleasure of the man's exquisite company.

Jeffry just nodded at that.

As for a strike team... I would suggest our Chakravanti, perhaps. If there is a rot in the Hermetic Tradition's internal security, we should rely on those most apt at cutting out the rot to save what can be salvaged... and they might prove the best suited to... well, if the worst should happen, there are few Traditions I would feel more reassured with."

"Yes our Euthanatoi might just be the right ones to send, all three of them have proved pretty reliable, but as Miss Mandis is still wounded that gives only two to send, we will need a few more, not a to big of a team, but still a few more."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:52 pm

Colin nodded, with an unreadable expression, "I volunteer, obviously... There's a saying; there are three things all wise men fear: the sea in a storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man... Between Diego, Mr. Bergen and the machinations of this Abigail, my temper is coming to a boil. I would rather have that anger vented in a rescue mission than an assault... Better to curb any bloodlust that way."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:09 am

"Well the way I understand it mea filius your Avatar is a bit of a spitfire, good, use that rage as long as you can control it." Your mentor says. "I am just glad you are alright. I still want Cita to check you out when things calms down though."

He nodded. "Very well."

"We need to keep and eye on Mr Lenoe to make sure no one takes blood from him to use against us...as for Tobias." Jeffry looks sad for a moment. "Cita informs me that Tobias is declining more quickly than expected, she think it is doubtful his Avatar will survive going through withdrawal..." He said and sigh.

"That is too bad...I hope that he might still turn around, though." He frowned, looking sad as well.

"It is not a bad idea Adley...yes...I can probably do this." The old Hermetic said and nodded.

"They might try to mask their resonances but it could be worth a try."

"Hum...The Title and Trust Center, the top floors of this building is a Syndicate Construct that much is known." Jeffry said with the usual look of disgust he gets on his face when talking about the Technocracy. "Other than that I know nothing about these buildings."
"This is just the publicly available information, it seems. I would surmise, under the circumstances, the girl is not held in the Technocrat building...

"Wonderful, Technocrats just what we don't need...they might just be keeping her there as an additional level of security, as a trap - if it goes wrong they call them in for a bust. That is the only reason I could see to use things that way, and it would be a risk to them."

"We might have something more effective than torture to get information out of Mr Bergen...would any of you two gentlemen like to come with me when this meeting is done to have a chat with our Cultist friend?" Jeffry Morgan said with a grin.
He looked toward the door, half smiling, "I told Bergen he had his chance with me; that he'd be unlikely to see me again. Besides, I would hate to deprive Adley of the pleasure of the man's exquisite company

"I admit that...my temper is rather short right now for Bergen. It was before I read that note. Still, I would try but it's best that I'm not in there alone, probably."

As for a strike team... I would suggest our Chakravanti, perhaps. If there is a rot in the Hermetic Tradition's internal security, we should rely on those most apt at cutting out the rot to save what can be salvaged... and they might prove the best suited to... well, if the worst should happen, there are few Traditions I would feel more reassured with."

Adley didn't say anything to that at first but gave a severe sort of frown. After his pater commented he said, "I trust Adjan."

olin nodded, with an unreadable expression, "I volunteer, obviously... There's a saying; there are three things all wise men fear: the sea in a storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man... Between Diego, Mr. Bergen and the machinations of this Abigail, my temper is coming to a boil. I would rather have that anger vented in a rescue mission than an assault... Better to curb any bloodlust that way."

He looked over at Colin with a raised eyebrow. "I doubt I would be surprised to hear Beatrice tell us that you were in my House last she knew you, you know..." He shook his head a little as if to clear it and sat back in his seat. "I wish to stay here and guard the chantry and those within it, especially after what happened, but I realise that you need people to go on this mission. Therefore, if you think I should go to retrieve the girl instead of stay here and help, I shall," he said. "We should take care to make sure that there are enough defenders left here to handle trouble. Every resource we use now we will not necessarily have later." He'd come to learn that the hard way, like so many other lessons that were indelibly marked into his mind.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:29 am

Colin gave Adley a thin smile, "It would hardly be implausible if one of my past or future incarnations was Flambeau... For that matter, I might have been a healed Widderslainte in a future incarnation, going back to help my old comrades figure out how to mend a harrowed soul... Or even a Union man, for that matter. I don't think our Avatars are as locked to the various Traditions as the Magi they inhabit. As for seeing Mr. Bergen, I suppose I can play the part of chaperone again. Now, regarding the attack, I would recommend keeping the team to a minimum; it will make stealth and the element if surprise more likely to work in our favour. If we don't have the element of surprise in the first place, a larger team will in any case be less mobile and represent a greater expenditure of resources. My suggestion is getting some communications setup - something like linked bluetooth headsets - so we can more easily perform a search and rescue and survey more ground faster... Preferably some technomagic that won't alert the Technocracy as much as, well, Hermetic methods."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:50 am

"True enough," he agreed as Colin spoke about avatars. "Perhaps I am just wishing you were, which maybe I should not. Yes, do stop me from punching Bergen's teeth in. That would not be very productive...I might have to bother a healer for stitches." He listened to the rest of his ideas and added, "I agree the team should be small, around three, especially if we needed to teleport people around that could start to add up, given we will be taking someone back with us, if we can. I'm less keen about using phones than you are, I've gotten very paranoid about them," he said. "If its true that the Technocracy are planning a hit they may be monitoring us - but they do have benefits as well, yes. Fast communication has saved us before."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:57 am

Colin arched an eyebrow at Adley, "Stitches? Why, that's the sort of injury that could earn you a tetanus shot. As for phones - I agree. I had some manner of closed circuit-type arrangement in mind; encrypted radio or similar system. Of course, I don't know how available that might be..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:48 am

Colin nodded, with an unreadable expression, "I volunteer, obviously... There's a saying; there are three things all wise men fear: the sea in a storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man... Between Diego, Mr. Bergen and the machinations of this Abigail, my temper is coming to a boil. I would rather have that anger vented in a rescue mission than an assault... Better to curb any bloodlust that way."

"Well Mr Wainwright you have proven quite useful on missions thus far, but you do understand that such a rescue attempt, when we have enough information to commit to it, will be extremely dangerous?"
Jeffry Morgan said.
"Not that I think you do not have courage young man, but you should know what you are getting yourself into."

He nodded. "Very well."

Jeffry nodded and gave you a smile.
"Good."
Was all he said.

"That is too bad...I hope that he might still turn around, though." He frowned, looking sad as well.

"I hope so to, Cita now have to face the difficult decision of trying to save the kid which will cause him untold pain, while keeping him removed from the person he love most in the world, or letting him back with that vampire, without the shock of withdrawal he can last perhaps another month or so, in pain yes but with his loved one, it is a hard choice to make. However I still recommended her to try, when it comes to Avatars trying to save them is better than not trying, even if it go wrong, and that boy is already surprising, with such a weak Avatar he should not have Awakened spontaneously and he should not be on his feet with so much damage his Avatar has taken, perhaps he will surprise us again, for now we can only hope and try to keep him comfortable."

"They might try to mask their resonances but it could be worth a try."

"Yes I will go and make the attempt right after this meeting."

"Wonderful, Technocrats just what we don't need...they might just be keeping her there as an additional level of security, as a trap - if it goes wrong they call them in for a bust. That is the only reason I could see to use things that way, and it would be a risk to them."

"Yes well, perhaps we should try to snatch one, see what they know."
Your mentor said and sigh.
"But no the last thing we needed right now was the fucking Union adding more chaos to this mess."

"I admit that...my temper is rather short right now for Bergen. It was before I read that note. Still, I would try but it's best that I'm not in there alone, probably."

"Very well then, as soon as I have attempted to put up some additional wards using our intruders magical sigils as a marker to make us some alarms, we will have a talk with Mr Bergen."
The old mage said and tapped the bringe of his nose with a finger.

"I wish to stay here and guard the chantry and those within it, especially after what happened, but I realise that you need people to go on this mission. Therefore, if you think I should go to retrieve the girl instead of stay here and help, I shall," he said. "We should take care to make sure that there are enough defenders left here to handle trouble. Every resource we use now we will not necessarily have later." He'd come to learn that the hard way, like so many other lessons that were indelibly marked into his mind.

"Like with Mr Wainwright I have to warn you that such a mission is dangerous, but even more than saving the girl, we need to know who this damnable Abagail is and how this whole mess fit together."
Jeffry said and frowns.
"Hum...very well then you, Mr Wainwright and Mr Terach, assuming we find out enough to even try this, I will send you three, that will leave enough defenders for the Chantry."
The old mage said, he hated to send his apprentice into danger, but at the same time he would not hold the younger man back.
"For now we need more information."

Colin gave Adley a thin smile, "It would hardly be implausible if one of my past or future incarnations was Flambeau... For that matter, I might have been a healed Widderslainte in a future incarnation, going back to help my old comrades figure out how to mend a harrowed soul... Or even a Union man, for that matter. I don't think our Avatars are as locked to the various Traditions as the Magi they inhabit.

"You would have done well in my House Mr Wainwright, what you have been in a former life is hard to know, some Avatars follow the same path life after life, while others have vastly different hosts, but the way you are now, both with your background in Sleeper society and your willingness to fight and risk yourself for others, you would have been a good Flambeau. The Hermetic House that once existed that would have fit you the best though young man...you are both a warrior but you have a way with people, you might not have noticed but you are an Orphan Initiate and Masters of the Art at this Chantry listen when you speak, a skilled negotiator and politician but will little raw magickal power, back when House Tremere was noble you would have been a good member of their House...unfortunately the Tremere are no more."

Now, regarding the attack, I would recommend keeping the team to a minimum; it will make stealth and the element if surprise more likely to work in our favour. If we don't have the element of surprise in the first place, a larger team will in any case be less mobile and represent a greater expenditure of resources. My suggestion is getting some communications setup - something like linked bluetooth headsets - so we can more easily perform a search and rescue and survey more ground faster... Preferably some technomagic that won't alert the Technocracy as much as, well, Hermetic methods."

"Blue tooth? I am unfamiliar with this artifact Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said and raised an eyebrow.
"I do however agree, a small team is better, and is in fact all we can afford to send, so it would be you, Adley and one more."

Yes, do stop me from punching Bergen's teeth in. That would not be very productive...I might have to bother a healer for stitches."

"It sound like you two can handle Bergen then while I handle the Wards."

As you sat there discussing there was a soft knock on the door and Narim came in.
"I hope I am not disturbing you gentlemen, but I have found something on Mr Bergen's phone."
He said softly, the Virtual Adept was always polite and soft spoken, even when he was invited to a meeting he did not want to disturb.
"Most of the information had been deleted and it appear Mr Bergen destroyed his phone and got a new one every so often so there was not much on here but I have been able to find a voice message, it in itself do not give much, it is a woman urging Mr Bergen to put the plan into motion and now we know what the plan is...but in the background there is a conversation...but the words are just screeches and the most ugly sounds you could imagine, I do not understand it...but I am pretty sure it is the Nephandi language..."
Narim said as he handed Jeffry Bergen's phone.
"I have enhanced the audio but the language is unintelligible to me."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:32 am

with such a weak Avatar he should not have Awakened spontaneously and he should not be on his feet with so much damage his Avatar has taken, perhaps he will surprise us again, for now we can only hope and try to keep him comfortable."

"I do not envy her having to manage all of this pain to avatars...but she is the best qualified and I am sure she will do what she can for him. As you said, perhaps his avatar will manage, I hope so."

Colin arched an eyebrow at Adley, "Stitches? Why, that's the sort of injury that could earn you a tetanus shot. As for phones - I agree. I had some manner of closed circuit-type arrangement in mind; encrypted radio or similar system. Of course, I don't know how available that might be..."

He gave a sudden chuckle. "I suppose it would, all the filth coming out of that mouth. Closed circuit...sounds like it could work, assuming we could find someone to do it, and the time."

"Like with Mr Wainwright I have to warn you that such a mission is dangerous, but even more than saving the girl, we need to know who this damnable Abagail is and how this whole mess fit together."

"There was an avatar eater upstairs this morning," he said by way of showing that the danger was everywhere. "But yes, though I don't mean any harm to Beren's daughter, it's as if we have three separate boxes of puzzles, tipped together and no picture. And someone ate the corner pieces. Against the general disposition of our House, just running in there with barely anything might be unwise."

The Hermetic House that once existed that would have fit you the best though young man...back when House Tremere was noble you would have been a good member of their House...unfortunately the Tremere are no more."

"Hmmm...," he said with a frown. Not as a Hermetic House anyway.

"I hope I am not disturbing you gentlemen, but I have found something on Mr Bergen's phone...I do not understand it...but I am pretty sure it is the Nephandi language..." Narim said as he handed Jeffry Bergen's phone. "I have enhanced the audio but the language is unintelligible to me."

He looked up and gave Narim a smile as he came in. Then as he proffered the phone, he said, "Well, if it is in that accursed infernal language, I'm glad that you don't know it, as few outside the Nephandi would--" He stopped and looked at his mentor. "What about Hannah?" he said, trying to recall if she mentioned being familiar with it. "Did she mention if she knew it or not? She was in a Labyrinth. If she has heard this person before, she might recognize them even if they were using it. That is assuming that this person has been to their Labyrinth, that they're not somewhere in Chicago like we're supposing now. If this is a network of cells that reach from San Francisco, to Chicago to here...shit."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:35 am

"I do not envy her having to manage all of this pain to avatars...but she is the best qualified and I am sure she will do what she can for him. As you said, perhaps his avatar will manage, I hope so."

"No I do not envy Cita her job, but she is a healer, and she is good at what she do, she is the best at what she do, if this young Orphan is to have any chance, it is with her."
Jeffry said and there was fondness in his voice when he spoke about the Spirit healer.
"I do wish the young man all the best."

"There was an avatar eater upstairs this morning," he said by way of showing that the danger was everywhere.

"You do have a point there mea filius."

"But yes, though I don't mean any harm to Beren's daughter, it's as if we have three separate boxes of puzzles, tipped together and no picture. And someone ate the corner pieces.

"Yes, it is a frustrating situation, give me a good old fashioned enemy I can fight and not all this mystery and chaos."
The old mage said in a frustrated tone of voice.

Against the general disposition of our House, just running in there with barely anything might be unwise."

"I agree, we can not send someone to Chicago to search blindly even if we know the general location the girl was at the time of Miss Dawn's spell, we need more information before we can act on this matter."

He looked up and gave Narim a smile as he came in. Then as he proffered the phone, he said, "Well, if it is in that accursed infernal language, I'm glad that you don't know it, as few outside the Nephandi would--"

"Yes, well it would be quite bad if I knew it I agree as it would mean I had been places I should not."
Narim said with a little smile.

He stopped and looked at his mentor. "What about Hannah?" he said, trying to recall if she mentioned being familiar with it. "Did she mention if she knew it or not? She was in a Labyrinth. If she has heard this person before, she might recognize them even if they were using it. That is assuming that this person has been to their Labyrinth, that they're not somewhere in Chicago like we're supposing now. If this is a network of cells that reach from San Francisco, to Chicago to here...shit."

"She might recognize the speaker mea filius and it is worth asking her if she recognize their voices, though I do hope we do not have more than one Labyrinth to deal with."
The old mage said and sigh.
"However Miss Larson will not be able to speak the language, or understand it, just like Enochian beyond the mundane require and Awakened Avatar or being a Umbrood to understand, the Dragon's tounge requires and Inverted Avatar, if we what what Narim heard in the background of the call translated our two hopes to do that is Miss Alexander and Kyle."
Jeffry said and Narim raised an eyebrow.
"Excuse me but who is Kyle?"
He asked and your mentor smiles a little.
"I have taken Raymond Danbrock as my apprentice and given him a name for his period in training as is customary in the Order."
He said and Narim nods.
"Ah I understand, congratulations Jeffry."
He said though he did seam a bit doubtful that a Fallen teenager quite possibly on the fast track to having his Avatar rendered was a good choice for an apprentice.
"It is the only way to give the kid a chance."
The old Hermetic said and the Virtual Adept nods.
"I see, well that is good of you then Jeffry, he is so young, he deserves more than just to be shipped to Horizon and well..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:04 am

"However Miss Larson will not be able to speak the language, or understand it, just like Enochian beyond the mundane require and Awakened Avatar or being a Umbrood to understand, the Dragon's tounge requires and Inverted Avatar, if we what what Narim heard in the background of the call translated our two hopes to do that is Miss Alexander and Kyle."

"I see. Neither of them are in the best state right now...though Kyle might be feeling better after some rest. Beatrice..." He shook his head a bit, concerned for her. "So this language cannot be taught?"

"It is the only way to give the kid a chance." The old Hermetic said and the Virtual Adept nods. "I see, well that is good of you then Jeffry, he is so young, he deserves more than just to be shipped to Horizon and well..."

"He is brave, to have come with me. Even if he could not grasp the full extent of it, his father warned him. But he still wanted to save his parents and did not want Boston destroyed by the Nephandi..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:19 am

"I see. Neither of them are in the best state right now...though Kyle might be feeling better after some rest. Beatrice..." He shook his head a bit, concerned for her. "So this language cannot be taught?"

"No I did not suppose that Miss Alexander would be up to it, poor child the troubles this morning must have terrified her, we will have to try to ask Kyle then."
Jeffry said but he did not seam trilled about the idea of involving the kid any further, the young mage had enough on his mind.
"I am not an expert on the Nephandi mea filius but as far as I know the Dragon's Tongue can only be learned if you drop by a Caul first, though it is possible someone close to being lost to Jhor might be able to learn it as well, the sources are a bit unclear on that point."

"He is brave, to have come with me. Even if he could not grasp the full extent of it, his father warned him. But he still wanted to save his parents and did not want Boston destroyed by the Nephandi..."

Narim nodded.
"If he knew what the Traditions do to children like him...yes then he is very brave, I am not so sure I could have done the same."
The Virtual Adept agreed.
"I hope he will be given a chance then, when he is eventually brought to trial."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:35 am

OOC: (you seen i answered, right?)
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:13 am

Colin nodded to Morgan, "Of course the rescue attempt will be extremely dangerous. Just like the two I flew in Iraq. The only relevant distinction is the nature of the danger, not the potential consequences. Five people brought home... two of which were alive."
He gave a small grin, "Bluetooth is not a device, Sir, it's a catch-all term for electronic devices that can be linked to computers and mobile phones; earpieces, shoes that register how many steps you take, the stereo in a car, and so on. Most of the devices are outright silly, in my opinion, but the earpieces are quite practical - they allow people to answer their phone without touching the phone itself; very convenient if you are driving a car or otherwise need both hands when someone calls."
Colin frowned, "It seems I've heard the Tremere mentioned as presently active several times over the past few days, though... Oh, wait, those... ew..."
He shook his head and looked up at Narim when he entered, listening carefully... "The Nephandi language... can you tell for certain whether it is one or two voices?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:01 pm

Tane:

Friday:

"You have to give it time, I can not bestow a Gift to you, all I can do is teach but you have to use your own magick to learn, and like all magick it require time, practice and effort."
The oak spirit said.

Saturday:

Hey guys, round up a little. He tried to get all tree there, the little spiritling and the two more phisical pals. It looks like i'd have to move for a little time. I got to go to the chantry and do some things, but my friend Beatrice is really really sick since they tried to cut her conection with the great spirit that lives inside of her, so she's really weak and she need a friend to help her.

Alessa nodded.
"I should go as well, I have imposed on your hospitality for long enough, I should go back to the room I have rented. I will leave my phone number and address so you can reach me and we can plan how to get that Formori and my sister and take them down."
Coawa looked a bit concerned.
"Are you sure it is safe for you in that nest of mages?"
He asked and seamed concerned for your safety.

Also, today there was an attack to the chantry so we need all the defenders we can get. Tane said like a sentence. So i have to leave this node in your hands. I don't think rokeas under the waves are going to let the fomorians get too close, but i still need you to be careful. I'll have my cellphone always so you can call me anytime you need. You should never go alone and should do guards to sleep. I'll try to get some magic walls to go off the radar and i'd like to perform a ritual to awaken the house, if you're ok with it.

Coawa nodded.
"I will protect this point of power Tane, I will defend it with my life."
He said and Alessa sigh.
"Fine...fine I will help out, I owe the both of you for saving my life, but I can not remain living here forever, I do have a life you know."
The Werespider grumbled.
"Awakening the spirit of the house would be useful Tane."
Coawa added he glared at Alessa, he did not want to live in a house with her alone but it seamed they had to stick together for a while. The little tree spirit said nothing, he just watched from the Umbra.

Colin:

Colin nodded to Morgan, "Of course the rescue attempt will be extremely dangerous. Just like the two I flew in Iraq. The only relevant distinction is the nature of the danger, not the potential consequences. Five people brought home... two of which were alive."

Jeffry simply nodded to that, as long as you realized that what you where volunteering to was dangerous he accepted that.

He gave a small grin, "Bluetooth is not a device, Sir, it's a catch-all term for electronic devices that can be linked to computers and mobile phones; earpieces, shoes that register how many steps you take, the stereo in a car, and so on. Most of the devices are outright silly, in my opinion, but the earpieces are quite practical - they allow people to answer their phone without touching the phone itself; very convenient if you are driving a car or otherwise need both hands when someone calls."

The old Hermetic raised an eyebrow.
"Ehm...earpieces? Shoes?"
He asked and did not seam to get it.
"I would not mind not touching my phone Mr Wainwright, but this you talk about sound more like some Technocracy shenanigans than anything else...who would I want to count how many steps I take on my phone?"

Colin frowned, "It seems I've heard the Tremere mentioned as presently active several times over the past few days, though... Oh, wait, those... ew..."
He shook his head and looked up at Narim when he entered, listening carefully... "The Nephandi language... can you tell for certain whether it is one or two voices?"

"Once the Tremere was a noble House Mr Wainwright, they where betrayed by their own leadership and what followed was a tragedy."
Jeffry said and sigh. Narim glance and you and nods.
"Yes Mr Wainwright, it is a man and a woman talking in the background, it is not immediately apparent so I had to enhance the audio, they might be in another room from this Abigail or whoever it was who placed the call, so yes I am certain it is two voices, whatever they are people or cats being tortured...that I am not that certain about."
The Virtual Adept said and gave a little smile.

(OOC: Sorry Tane I replied a few pages back right after your last post but I forget to copy it into your thread as well, I appear to be a bit scatterbrained right now. I have reposed my reply here.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:24 pm

Colin nodded, "Decidedly Technocratic shenanigans; the technology is rather notorious for having poor security and encryption. It rather seems to nurture people's acceptance for sacrificing a little privacy and security for convenience. But the little earpieces on their own - a tiny speaker that goes in the ear duct, and a tiny microphone that goes down the cheek - are a very nice and subtle advance. Master Narim, is a secure closed system along those lines something you could work out?"
Colin pondered, "Two Fallen talking to one another... That is inconvenient, and worrying..."
He looked down at his arms, and then up at Morgan, grinning slightly, "There is a Technocratic Construct in the area... we might be able to use that to our advantage, as a decoy. Tell me, Sir, is Agent Kessinger's pistol still functional and in storage? It seemed rather specifically designed; easy to recognize by sight. If I could be issued it along with the Premium ammunition, and we find too much resistance in our assault, a Technocratic bullet fired from a Technocrat-issued weapon could at least lead suspicion away from us, and potentially buy Liv Bergen a little more time if we were to fail to rescue her... Or alternatively, direct Abigail G's attention to the Union local instead of us to get her hostage back, if we manage to free her."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:09 pm

Colin nodded, "Decidedly Technocratic shenanigans; the technology is rather notorious for having poor security and encryption. It rather seems to nurture people's acceptance for sacrificing a little privacy and security for convenience. But the little earpieces on their own - a tiny speaker that goes in the ear duct, and a tiny microphone that goes down the cheek - are a very nice and subtle advance.

Jeffry Morgan still looked rather doubtful that these modern doohickeys was a good idea, he had accepted using a cell phone after some prodding from his apprentices, but anything else...not so much.
"Things are moving so quickly."
The old mage complained.
"Once the telegraph was big news.

Master Narim, is a secure closed system along those lines something you could work out?"
Colin pondered,

"Yes I can do that Mr Wainwright but off course it do depend on how secure you want it and how much time I get to rig it up, but it should not post to much of s challenge.

"Two Fallen talking to one another... That is inconvenient, and worrying..."

"Well yes I certainly would prefer it if the Fallen would be so polite as to not talk with one another and run around like headless chickens, that would be most practical."
Narim said with a grin.
"But yes it is indeed most worrying, and I do not like the implications it have for our Mr Bergen."

He looked down at his arms, and then up at Morgan, grinning slightly, "There is a Technocratic Construct in the area... we might be able to use that to our advantage, as a decoy. Tell me, Sir, is Agent Kessinger's pistol still functional and in storage? It seemed rather specifically designed; easy to recognize by sight.

"Yes the Technocrat agent's weapon is still in storage and is functional, and it have been specially designed Mr Wainwright, to kill mages."
Jeffry Morgan said and he got a look of disgust in his eyes, the Union had killed so many of his apprentices and his friends.

If I could be issued it along with the Premium ammunition, and we find too much resistance in our assault, a Technocratic bullet fired from a Technocrat-issued weapon could at least lead suspicion away from us, and potentially buy Liv Bergen a little more time if we were to fail to rescue her... Or alternatively, direct Abigail G's attention to the Union local instead of us to get her hostage back, if we manage to free her."

"Hum...it could work, this woman could assume that your team was Technocrats but not if they have seen you do non Technomantic magick, after all at times an enforcer falls into the hands of the Traditions as it have in this case so if you go in doing your thing and then fire the enforcer I suspect she might think that is the case, but if you add more to the subterfuge...then it might work."
The old mage agreed.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next