Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Traitor, Conflicts and Foiling the Nephandi's Plans IC Thread 6

4 posters

Page 28 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

The Traitor, Conflicts and Foiling the Nephandi's Plans IC Thread 6 - Page 28 Empty Re: The Traitor, Conflicts and Foiling the Nephandi's Plans IC Thread 6

Post by Warpmind Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:24 pm

Colin grimaced, "The Nephandi being on speaking terms with one another is one thing, I was thinking more of the fact that it seems to be two of them conversing in the same location there; if there were just one, it might be plausible that it was a matter of a captive trying to provoke their captors, like Diego in the cellar... Hum..."
He thought for a moment, "Say, would it be possible to hastily construct some sort of epi pen with the magic suppressant? Possibly mixed with a sedative? While it might seem less lethal than the Union might rely on, it could be believable they might decide to test it during a stealth intrusion. Everyone knows, ah, deviants are severely less threatening when they are unable to... deviate, and if it could be read as some sort of, well, Avatar severing in a bottle, it might spook the culprits a bit, as well."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

The Traitor, Conflicts and Foiling the Nephandi's Plans IC Thread 6 - Page 28 Empty Re: The Traitor, Conflicts and Foiling the Nephandi's Plans IC Thread 6

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:32 pm

Colin grimaced, "The Nephandi being on speaking terms with one another is one thing, I was thinking more of the fact that it seems to be two of them conversing in the same location there; if there were just one, it might be plausible that it was a matter of a captive trying to provoke their captors, like Diego in the cellar... Hum..."

"They do not sound like prisoners Mr Wainwright, but yes that it are two of them make it more of a cause of concern than if it was just one."

He thought for a moment, "Say, would it be possible to hastily construct some sort of epi pen with the magic suppressant? Possibly mixed with a sedative? While it might seem less lethal than the Union might rely on, it could be believable they might decide to test it during a stealth intrusion.

"It could possibly be done yes but I would not know how to do so, and I certainly do not know enough about the serum to know how to mix it with anything."
Narim said and shook his head. Jeffry nodded.
"Yes I am with Master Sharaya there, we just do not know enough about the substance."

While it might seem less lethal than the Union might rely on, it could be believable they might decide to test it during a stealth intrusion. Everyone knows, ah, deviants are severely less threatening when they are unable to... deviate, and if it could be read as some sort of, well, Avatar severing in a bottle, it might spook the culprits a bit, as well."

"Well that is that the Union usually do to Gilgul someone...when they are not sacrificing the victim to the Computer...well there are several methods, but generally they think the Avatar is a part of the brain so a small hole is drilled in the crown of the skull and a long needle is brought into the brain and a posion that kills the Avatar is injected..."
Narim said and shuddered.
"Or so the Adepts who have been a part of the Union say."
Jeffy gave Narim a odd glance.
"Well now that is one detail I did not want to know Master Sharaya."
He muttered Narim looked down.
"Sorry...a bit morbid I know, however my point is, a fluid that could kill an Avatar or at least sever it from the host in not unbelievable from the Union, the question is more if Mr Wainwright here would make a believable Technocrat."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:19 pm

Colin smiled enigmatically, "I think I could make a believable Technocrat... The question, I suppose, is really whether Agent Hicks and Agent Terach could pass for Union men."
He shook his head, "But yes, so long as we don't know exactly how the serum works, we should avoid combining it with anything. However, if we could get some prepared injectors of some sort, just needing to be stabbed into the target, and make them look the part as Technocracy gear, rendering the target unconscious in the process should be somewhat manageable. The effect should last long enough that the rogue cell will be in some confusion and disarray after we're gone, possibly believing they've been permanently, well, you know... It could work well in our favour."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:56 pm

Colin smiled enigmatically, "I think I could make a believable Technocrat... The question, I suppose, is really whether Agent Hicks and Agent Terach could pass for Union men."

"I have thankfully never needed to think of my apprentice as a Technocrat."
Jeffry said and gave a slight smirk.
"It would mean doing things very differently from how you all three usually operate but I guess it can work and could make the kidnapper direct her focus to the Union...the problem however is still that we do not know enough about the situation to really know how to approach it."

He shook his head, "But yes, so long as we don't know exactly how the serum works, we should avoid combining it with anything. However, if we could get some prepared injectors of some sort, just needing to be stabbed into the target, and make them look the part as Technocracy gear, rendering the target unconscious in the process should be somewhat manageable.

"Well regular tranquilizers should work then, unless someone have protected their physical forms with magick."
Jeffry said.
"It should not be to hard to get a hold of."

The effect should last long enough that the rogue cell will be in some confusion and disarray after we're gone, possibly believing they've been permanently, well, you know... It could work well in our favour."

"Well if one of my men was injected by something and went down unconscious I would assume they had been hit with a tranquilizer or a poison I would not assume a more...serious scenario, so why should our enemies?"
The old Hermetic asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:27 pm

Colin smiled slyly, "Because we will be leaving some alive. After all, if the Technocrats were performing a field test of new gear, they would likely want to leave the target alive to make sure it works, rather than kill them without the test data. And when those rogue Mages - properly documented with photographs and the appropriate scans, of course - wake up without their magic readily available, it should help cause the appropriate confusion."
He cleared his throat, "But, yes, the first priority would be to find out which building is the relevant one. Planning out how to handle things can only be done in the general before that."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:06 pm

Colin smiled slyly, "Because we will be leaving some alive. After all, if the Technocrats were performing a field test of new gear, they would likely want to leave the target alive to make sure it works, rather than kill them without the test data. And when those rogue Mages - properly documented with photographs and the appropriate scans, of course - wake up without their magic readily available, it should help cause the appropriate confusion."

"How will they know about any scans while they where knocked out? Also the Technocracy are not likely to leave their victims to wake up and then wander off, or are you suggesting we take prisoners and pretend they have been taken to a Construct? For to me that is getting extremely elaborate with allot of leaps to what the enemy will assume, waking up without one's magick will be terrifying, but still most of the factions have ways to block magick so that I think would be the first assumption. Also remember that if you make a mage believe you might Gilgul them then you better be damned sure you can overpower them for then you have pressed them as far up into a corner as it gets and they will do absolutely anything they can to stop you."
The old mage said.
"Also what will be the point of this deception Mr Wainwright? I see the point in trying to make our enemies think that any attack on our behalf is done by the Union, but to make them think the Union want to test Gilgul shots on them...how do that benefit us other than scaring the living daylight out of these people if they believe it?"

He cleared his throat, "But, yes, the first priority would be to find out which building is the relevant one. Planning out how to handle things can only be done in the general before that."

Yes I agree with that Mr Wainwright."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:33 pm

Colin paused for a moment, "...Ah, yes, I am overthinking again. My bad. But yes, a prisoner or two for interrogation might be beneficial in the longer run. Still, a secondary concern, but taking prisoners, extricating the hostage and blaming the Technocracy would be as close to an ideal outcome as could be imagined."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:51 pm

"I am not an expert on the Nephandi mea filius but as far as I know the Dragon's Tongue can only be learned if you drop by a Caul first, though it is possible someone close to being lost to Jhor might be able to learn it as well, the sources are a bit unclear on that point."

"I see, well, in either case not one that we're bound to know, then no. I suppose Kyle will be the only one who might that is available." He didn't sound pleased about it either, he wasn't sure what was being said, but it wasn't bound to be good.

he Virtual Adept agreed. "I hope he will be given a chance then, when he is eventually brought to trial."

"Yes, so do I. First we'll need to get through the next few days though."

Colin nodded to Morgan, "Of course the rescue attempt will be extremely dangerous. Just like the two I flew in Iraq. The only relevant distinction is the nature of the danger, not the potential consequences. Five people brought home... two of which were alive."

Adley did not particularly like to hear the odds on that mission or draw comparison between them. It would of course be dangerous. Was it worth the danger to get the information and rescue the girl, given what might be lost? That was the deciding factor, and it would depend on what they could cobble together.

Colin frowned, "It seems I've heard the Tremere mentioned as presently active several times over the past few days, though... Oh, wait, those... ew...

Nods at Colin as he put it together for himself. "Yes, those." His frown deepened as his pater gave a general account of what had happened to the House, what had caused its fall.

"Well yes I certainly would prefer it if the Fallen would be so polite as to not talk with one another and run around like headless chickens, that would be most practical." Narim said with a grin. "But yes it is indeed most worrying, and I do not like the implications it have for our Mr Bergen.

"Bergen aided in bringing an avatar eater into the chantry, targeting the Mercere and Beatrice. He is likely the culprit who planted a knife in Kyle's cell. he also assaulted a member of the chantry, probably when he was trying to retrieve vampire blood to give to my cabalmate, to kill her avatar. These are not simple conjectures, but based on what we found out on the phone and what has unfolded. It is not a stretch to think the Nephandi have his daughter and are using her to turn him but right now, things do not look good for that man, no." If anything, he'd made quite an enemy of Adley having targeted two of his own, and brought such harm to the chantry's doors. Unless he proved to be under some incredible force of compulsion to excuse even some of his actions, Bergen was in deep trouble.

Colin pondered, "Two Fallen talking to one another... That is inconvenient, and worrying..."He looked down at his arms, and then up at Morgan, grinning slightly, "There is a Technocratic Construct in the area... we might be able to use that to our advantage, as a decoy...

He listened as Colin began trying to put together a ruse of his own, staying quiet for a while to see how it might come together before speaking. "I am not sure that I will make a good person in this sort of misdirection. The moment I use any magick, it will be obvious that I am not a Technocrat, regardless of how I look." Which, given he was looking fairly sleep deprived with messy hair, an unkempt beard, and a furiously determined look in his eyes was not saying much. "I am not as flexible with my paradigm or tools as you, nor a technomancer who can mask their working. Especially right now, if I work anything it would likely stick out like a sore thumb, just something to consider."

Colin paused for a moment, "...Ah, yes, I am overthinking again. My bad. But yes, a prisoner or two for interrogation might be beneficial in the longer run. Still, a secondary concern, but taking prisoners, extricating the hostage and blaming the Technocracy would be as close to an ideal outcome as could be imagined."

"If we are thinking to try to bring more than one person back, we need to consider that we are already well full here and that it means more burden to the transporter. Not that it might not be worth the risk, we need to know what's going on. I am simply stating the trade offs as they come to mind. As for blaming the Technocrats...it could work. It seems to me that there have been unanticipated consequences to everything, though so I wouldn't say it's the most ideal outcome. Let's focus on seeing if this is viable first before planning an angle, something might become apparent to us that we aren't seeing right now..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:24 pm

"Well I would settle for freeing the girl, blaming the Union would be quite beneficial but I am not so sure we can handle any more prisoners, we might get vital information from one which would be good, on the other hand if we take any more prisoners we have to get rid of some of those we have and that means killing Miss Ceries, we can not stretch ourselves any thinner."

"I see, well, in either case not one that we're bound to know, then no. I suppose Kyle will be the only one who might that is available." He didn't sound pleased about it either, he wasn't sure what was being said, but it wasn't bound to be good.

"We are going to have to visit your brother and ask for his help."
Jeffry said and sigh.
"I dare bet though that what is being said is not fitting to be heard by a fifteen year old."

"Yes, so do I. First we'll need to get through the next few days though."

"Yes first we have to survive the next few days, then we can look to future problems."

"Bergen aided in bringing an avatar eater into the chantry, targeting the Mercere and Beatrice. He is likely the culprit who planted a knife in Kyle's cell. he also assaulted a member of the chantry, probably when he was trying to retrieve vampire blood to give to my cabalmate, to kill her avatar. These are not simple conjectures, but based on what we found out on the phone and what has unfolded. It is not a stretch to think the Nephandi have his daughter and are using her to turn him but right now, things do not look good for that man, no."

"His actions are deplorable Adley."
The Virtual Adept said and there was sadness in his large dark eyes.
"It just tear me apart that someone from this Chantry, someone from our family would betray us, it makes me want to both weep and hit something. Being attacked by an outside force is much preferable to being betrayed by one of our own."
Narim said and sigh.
"It just...well I do not like to feel this doubt and anger."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:44 pm

"We are going to have to visit your brother and ask for his help." Jeffry said and sigh. "I dare bet though that what is being said is not fitting to be heard by a fifteen year old."

"Likely not...but perhaps he will want to help." He looked concerned, though.

"His actions are deplorable Adley." The Virtual Adept said and there was sadness in his large dark eyes. "It just tear me apart that someone from this Chantry, someone from our family would betray us, it makes me want to both weep and hit something. Being attacked by an outside force is much preferable to being betrayed by one of our own." Narim said and sigh. "It just...well I do not like to feel this doubt and anger."

"I know...that is what they want though, for us to be torn apart in any way they can manage it. And what better than starting with our own, with our own thoughts and people...mistrust and fear are tools for them to break morale, ones we cannot afford to give into." He shook his head a little, trying to bolster them all a little, himself included. "Anger has its places and its uses, at least it does for me. Better than drowning in my tears or sorrows, it can keep me going when the reason is sound and I can keep control and put it to use in our favour. For you, your path is different of course, I can't say what is best other than that I sympathize. But if Colin is right about the anger of a gentle man, seeing your anger...it would be quite formidable I would imagine."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:46 pm

Colin nodded, "Regardless, some photos of the ones we encounter will be likely valuable; someone will know who they are, even if it might require some digging and probably calling in favours. As for Mr. Bergen's actions actions, they are inexcusable, they are indisputable, and they are so very understandable; his puppet masters used the most effective strings known to man. They may possibly have used magical compulsions as well, but it seems he wanted only widderslaintes to be attacked; Kyle by his own hand in despair - though Bergen did not know he was apprenticed - and Beatrice by Avatar Feeder. It seems he was gambling on Mr. Gregario to desperately end himself and leave Miss Florentine to wither away without remembering to feed herself. Lesser creatures, if you will; Bergen, by his own admissions, does not appear to have wished harm on any Awakened Mage. A hideous attitude, but no less understandable. Which is why it is so necessary to rescue the child - we need to show our own that we stand fast."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:16 pm

"Likely not...but perhaps he will want to help." He looked concerned, though.

"Well we will have to ask him, I will not force him but knowing what those two Nephandi are saying could be very important."
Jeffry said and nodded.
"And yes I do indeed think that he will want to help.

"I know...that is what they want though, for us to be torn apart in any way they can manage it. And what better than starting with our own, with our own thoughts and people...mistrust and fear are tools for them to break morale, ones we cannot afford to give into." He shook his head a little, trying to bolster them all a little, himself included. "Anger has its places and its uses, at least it does for me. Better than drowning in my tears or sorrows, it can keep me going when the reason is sound and I can keep control and put it to use in our favour. For you, your path is different of course, I can't say what is best other than that I sympathize. But if Colin is right about the anger of a gentle man, seeing your anger...it would be quite formidable I would imagine."

"Yes well I do not often get angry, but when I do...in either case you are right the Nephandi want to turn us against one another, and we can not allow them to do that, but it is so hard to have faith when one of our own, even if it is one of our own who have had some deplorable attitudes. I hate this situation, I really hate it."
Narim said and sigh then he shake his head.
"But all we can do is grin, bare it and root out enemies out and save this Chantry, it is the only choice."
He said in a determined tone of voice.

Colin nodded, "Regardless, some photos of the ones we encounter will be likely valuable; someone will know who they are, even if it might require some digging and probably calling in favours. As for Mr. Bergen's actions actions, they are inexcusable, they are indisputable, and they are so very understandable; his puppet masters used the most effective strings known to man. They may possibly have used magical compulsions as well, but it seems he wanted only widderslaintes to be attacked;

"Yes kidnapping a child and using her against her father is horrible, still Mr Bergen's actions...they are still a betrayal, his child would have had a much better chance if he had come to us with this issue in the first place instead of attacking the Chantry."
Narim said sadly.

Kyle by his own hand in despair - though Bergen did not know he was apprenticed - and Beatrice by Avatar Feeder. It seems he was gambling on Mr. Gregario to desperately end himself and leave Miss Florentine to wither away without remembering to feed herself. Lesser creatures, if you will; Bergen, by his own admissions, does not appear to have wished harm on any Awakened Mage. A hideous attitude, but no less understandable. Which is why it is so necessary to rescue the child - we need to show our own that we stand fast."

"That he view some members of the Chantry as less worth than the rest do not better things Mr Wainwright."
Narim said. Jeffry simply nods.
"Well yes saving the child is important, but more important is stopping the Nephandi's planned ritual tomorrow or it will not matter who we save."
The old mage said.
"Now as soon as the others get here that will be the topic of discussion, but then since we have no more information about Liv Bergen's situation right now, we might as well start, for it will help us little to save that child only to have her fall to the Nephandi when they crack this world apart like an over ripe egg."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:49 pm

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "Regarding the Labyrinth, I've been thinking... It is likely located in the Umbra, in a pocket 'outside' the suburbs proper, right? Would a task force be able to charge through the Umbra and find it that way, instead of going my the mundane roads? If the Near Umbra, as I've been told, looks rather like a distorted mirror of the influences in the real world, I think I might know what the local area would look like - sort of like a shoggoth drawn by Salvador Dali?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:04 pm

"Yes as far as we have been able to gather the Labyrinth is in a pocket realm indeed."
The old Hermetic confirmed.
"Yes it should be able to find the realm in the Umbra."
Jeffry continued.
"Well the near Umbra can look allot of different ways, you are thinking about the Penumbra the closest layer to our reality, however whatever near or Pen Umbra the presence of something as corrupted as a Nephandi Labyrinth should be noticeable yes, and since we know where the cursed thing is attached to the real world finding it should be quite manageable however the Nephandi are formidable enemies in the Umbra, they are bound to have some quite effective wards."
Jeffry warned.
"What is your plan however Mr Wainwright, coming at them through the Umbra?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:32 pm

"Well we will have to ask him, I will not force him but knowing what those two Nephandi are saying could be very important." Jeffry said and nodded. "And yes I do indeed think that he will want to help.

"Very well then."

"But all we can do is grin, bare it and root out enemies out and save this Chantry, it is the only choice." He said in a determined tone of voice

He nodded.

"Regardless, some photos of the ones we encounter will be likely valuable; someone will know who they are, even if it might require some digging and probably calling in favours. As for Mr. Bergen's actions actions, they are inexcusable, they are indisputable, and they are so very understandable; his puppet masters used the most effective strings known to man.

"Yes. We should get you that photo, I think I suggested checking Bergen's wallet for one, or his room. Did we send someone down?"

"Now as soon as the others get here that will be the topic of discussion, but then since we have no more information about Liv Bergen's situation right now, we might as well start, for it will help us little to save that child only to have her fall to the Nephandi when they crack this world apart like an over ripe egg."

"So, let me see. We are going to check for a picture of Liv Bergen, talk to Kyle about the voice message, and see if we can ply anything out of Bergen himself, if we must. Additionally, Freddy is looking into more information about the buildings, Narim might be able to work up a communication for us if we need it. And we've picked a potential team for the mission if we choose to go, some ideas about how to use subterfuge...am I missing anything?"

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "Regarding the Labyrinth, I've been thinking... It is likely located in the Umbra, in a pocket 'outside' the suburbs proper, right? Would a task force be able to charge through the Umbra and find it that way, instead of going my the mundane roads? If the Near Umbra, as I've been told, looks rather like a distorted mirror of the influences in the real world, I think I might know what the local area would look like - sort of like a shoggoth drawn by Salvador Dali?"

"Hannah said it was, yes, if I recall correctly. And that it was warded. Seeing as how I just drove a car through the Pneumbra after the Chief opened a way, I suppose it is possible too though difficult. Navigating there is...not exactly as easy as it is by maps in the mundane world. It is all by landmarks related to concepts, relationships, or at least that is how it felt to me. Distance does not have the same kind of meaning."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:46 pm

"Yes. We should get you that photo, I think I suggested checking Bergen's wallet for one, or his room. Did we send someone down?"

"Yes I have asked Miss Gottschalk to take down Mr Bergen's wards and get the picture once she and the others are done searching the Chantry."

"So, let me see. We are going to check for a picture of Liv Bergen, talk to Kyle about the voice message, and see if we can ply anything out of Bergen himself, if we must. Additionally, Freddy is looking into more information about the buildings, Narim might be able to work up a communication for us if we need it. And we've picked a potential team for the mission if we choose to go, some ideas about how to use subterfuge...am I missing anything?"

"No that do seam to be everything, so once we are done with the meeting we should talk with Kyle and then you and Mr Wainwright can have a chat with Mr Bergen until we have more information. Either that or we could talk with Kyle now while waiting for the others so we have more information for the meeting."
Jeffry said and Narim nods.
"I should be able to have that communication solution made pretty quickly."
He informed you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:53 pm

Colin shook his head, "Not so much a plan, merely clarifying a possibility so far; I expect we'd not survive plowing through the wards in a mundane vehicle or on foot, in any case. Maybe if we had a Premium-plated tank to ram through the wall like the A-Team... Hum... actually, come to think of it, do you know where your ship is right now? I recall her as a sturdy trainer, able to handle the impact of an emergency landing or three... If we could use her for a rapid insertion, we might be able to punch through without suffering the brunt of the wards. Not much room for a large party, but get the right people through to open the doors from the inside, like a slightly more surprising Trojan horse..."
He pondered for a bit, "I don't know enough about dismantling wards to be a good judge of the best pick for the team, though. I would, however, be willing to risk going in first with Lady Ceris to soften things up, if she is able to tear down wards, and then try to clear out afterwards, before things get too unhealthy. That, of course, requires the safety of her friend in advance, which is not guaranteed at this time... I do note she does have the ability to navigate the Umbra, and she has been to the Labyrinth before."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:55 am

"No just plowing through the wards will not help us much Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry agreed.
"They would have to be carefully picked down and then we can break in, the question is just how complex and strong they are."
The old mage raised an eyebrow.
"I have no idea what an A-Team is but we do have a Primium covered vehicle, the ship I inherited, most Umbra ships that are made with technomagick are coated with Primium, if their creator can afford it, this ensures that the pilot and crew are safer from the somewhat nasty thing you can find beyond defined reality, however being inside something with a Primium coating only offers some protection, it do not mean that a nasty rote can not get to you, it just makes it harder, and off course it also makes it harder for your rotes to reach your targets as well. The ship is at the Umbra dock in the Penumbra of the airport according to the documents I got."
Jeffry replied.
"Hum...using a ship to punch though...well I guess it could work, but I have no idea of the shuttle's capabilities at all, it and the magick that created it are complete gibberish to me."

"Miss Ceris is a centuries old Master of the Art I think chances are she know how to deal with a ward or two, however I am not sure what her capabilities are. I am skeptical about letting a Marauder as powerful as her loose though, but if we could control her sending her against the Nephandi might work. If we are sending an advanced group I should also probably be on it as Prime is one of my tree Master degrees, and also not to sound arrogant but if we do get inside, I can do some damage."
The old war mage said then he added.
"As for the Marauder's friend, well like I said, we can send rescue for her only if we find that it give us a considerable strategic boon, right now our resources are stretched to thin to risk them rescuing one of the Mad Ones unless it give us considerable benefit in return, I do hate the leave a lady in distress but we just can not afford the risk in rescuing her, not now."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:10 am

"Yes I have asked Miss Gottschalk to take down Mr Bergen's wards and get the picture once she and the others are done searching the Chantry.

Adley suddenly rubbed his face roughly, looking as cross and tired. "I think you said that before and I forgot already. More coffee..." He stood up to retrieve some more and give in to a restless desire to pace around for a minute.

Either that or we could talk with Kyle now while waiting for the others so we have more information for the meeting."

"If you think we have time to do it now. Putting things off, who knows what will come up."

"I should be able to have that communication solution made pretty quickly." He informed you.

"Thank you," he said, leaning against the table and drinking some of the coffee down.

If we could use her for a rapid insertion, we might be able to punch through without suffering the brunt of the wards. Not much room for a large party, but get the right people through to open the doors from the inside, like a slightly more surprising Trojan horse..."

Adley turned to look at Colin, brows raised. "As a siege engine...? That -would- probably be a surprise."

He pondered for a bit, "I don't know enough about dismantling wards to be a good judge of the best pick for the team, though. I would, however, be willing to risk going in first with Lady Ceris to soften things up, if she is able to tear down wards, and then try to clear out afterwards, before things get too unhealthy. That, of course, requires the safety of her friend in advance, which is not guaranteed at this time... I do note she does have the ability to navigate the Umbra, and she has been to the Labyrinth before."

"I don't know if I want to risk you going in there with her, we've already got a taste of what happens around Marauders...though being in the Umbra it would be different. Unless you've got some finesse with Spirit ars Colin, there would be additional dangers as I'm sure you're aware. I wouldn't be surprised if there is some kind of spirit that's bound to it, much like we had on the villa. Only nastier." It wasn't his decision ultimately and it wasn't as if he was going to tell them what to do with an airship, but anyone around a Marauder was bound to catch shit and it worried him. Still, it was another idea...he couldn't shoot them all down, they'd have to pick something and none of them were bound to be safe options. "I still want to talk to Hannah, see what her brother's Name was. Have that, so that if anyone gets inside and can use it, they can try to destroy the caul."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:47 am

Adley suddenly rubbed his face roughly, looking as cross and tired. "I think you said that before and I forgot already. More coffee..." He stood up to retrieve some more and give in to a restless desire to pace around for a minute.

"Well I forget things as well, even with sleep the pure pace of the last few days, none of us are in optimal condition."
Jeffry said and looked at the coffee pot.
"And for me currently I feel that I am running on anger and coffee alone, and that is not the best combination in the world."

"If you think we have time to do it now. Putting things off, who knows what will come up."

"I do think we have time to do it now yes and agree, we need to get whatever we can do now done before anything else happens."
The old mage said as he stood and stretched.
"Can this sound recording be played from Mr Bergen's phone Narim?"
Jeffry asked and the Virtual Adept nodded.
"Yes I have made a file for it. I will show you here."
He said and held out a hand for the phone and tried to show the old Hermetic how to open the sound file in question but to no avail.
"Well Adley should be able to open it you just enter programs and then click the only stored file that is there. I have stored it to my computer as well though."
The Virtual Adept said. Jeffry glances over at you.
"I am sure my apprentice will be able to figure it out, thank you."
He said to Narim.

"I don't know if I want to risk you going in there with her, we've already got a taste of what happens around Marauders...though being in the Umbra it would be different. Unless you've got some finesse with Spirit ars Colin, there would be additional dangers as I'm sure you're aware. I wouldn't be surprised if there is some kind of spirit that's bound to it, much like we had on the villa. Only nastier."

"Yes they are likely to gave guardian spirits, and those entities are likely to be as mu apprentice put it, nasty, either by nature or as a result of constant torture by their masters."
Jeffry said with a look of distaste in his eyes, he did not approve of mistreating Umbroods.
"The Paradox that Miss Ceris generate around her should not be so bad in the Umbra, however I fear what she might do, Marauders are a danger and they are unpredictable. The plan might work, might...but I do not like the risk you are putting yourself in Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said agreeing with Adley's concerns.

"I still want to talk to Hannah, see what her brother's Name was. Have that, so that if anyone gets inside and can use it, they can try to destroy the caul."

Jeffry checked his watch.
"There should be time to call on Miss Larson after we ask your brother about the recording if we hurry."
The old mage said.
"Let us use our time as wisely as we can."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:16 pm

Colin nodded, "The shuttle would be a high-risk option for an initial assault. As an alternative, if someone can manage to dismantle the wards first, we might be able to pull a larger attack force in with it - with some creative stacking in the seats - than what might slip through aboveground. In any case, it's good to know it is there as a potential resource. Ah, the A-Team, though, is a TV series from my childhood... I think they might have made a more recent movie; not entirely sure... As for my skill with spirits, I'm afraid that's limited to the products of fermentation and distillation. I don't think my ability to mix a decent martini is of particular use in this scenario."
Colin pondered, "As for Lady Ceris - I don't believe she is unpredictable. Quite the contrary; I think her personal code, for want of a better term, makes her more easily manipulated, as was seen when she pursued us until shot down, and then revealed all she knew when I informed her she had been duped. In that respect, I don't think she would be a risk. The paradox, on the other hand... I think I can risk that, seeing as the effects are supposed to hit the Fallen faster and harder. She is certainly dangerous, but so is poison gas, if you are careless in handl..."
He blinked slowly, "Bloody Hell, there's a thought. The Caul is living flesh, isn't it? And so is the Labyrinth, mostly? It should be reasonable to expect the whole place to be rather vulnerable to a cozy little surprise of bleach and ammonia. One of the chaps I served with got six days in the stockade for trying to wash the lavatories with that combination. He was not aware that mix releases hydrochloric acid and chlorine gas, and some other nasties. It was... quite thoroughly explained to us after that. Delivery should be relatively simple - punch through the walls, dump two barrels on the floor, and scarper before the fumes reach the shuttle."
Colin grimaced, "It's an awful way to go, but it could not happen to a better group... The problem, of course, remains the defenses in place."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:36 pm

Colin nodded, "The shuttle would be a high-risk option for an initial assault. As an alternative, if someone can manage to dismantle the wards first, we might be able to pull a larger attack force in with it - with some creative stacking in the seats - than what might slip through aboveground. In any case, it's good to know it is there as a potential resource.

"Well we would have to investigate the ship first Mr Wainwright to see how many might fit, as far as I know it is rather small. Now as for wards, both me and Master Nassa should be good at picking those apart but it is hard to know for sure without having seen them first."
Jeffry said as he sipped his coffee.

Ah, the A-Team, though, is a TV series from my childhood... I think they might have made a more recent movie; not entirely sure... As for my skill with spirits, I'm afraid that's limited to the products of fermentation and distillation. I don't think my ability to mix a decent martini is of particular use in this scenario."

"Well you could always get the Nephandi dead drunk."
The old Hermetic said with a smirk.
"It is hard to fling spells if you can't see straight. I am afraid I do not watch much TV though it seams to me to be a curious pastime, to stare at images in a box, I am more of a man for books myself when I get some time for such."

Colin pondered, "As for Lady Ceris - I don't believe she is unpredictable. Quite the contrary; I think her personal code, for want of a better term, makes her more easily manipulated, as was seen when she pursued us until shot down, and then revealed all she knew when I informed her she had been duped. In that respect, I don't think she would be a risk. The paradox, on the other hand... I think I can risk that, seeing as the effects are supposed to hit the Fallen faster and harder. She is certainly dangerous, but so is poison gas, if you are careless in handl..."

"Well the woman do seam to be somewhat stable in her delusions, but she is an insane Master of the Art and you would do well never to forget that Mr Wainwright even if she is polite and pleasant. I will think about the possibility of using her in the attack, and I will confer with Master Nassa as of all of us he know the woman the best and we will see. Now as for Paradox, remember that even if it will hit the Nephandi harder it do not mean it will not also harm you young man."
Jeffry said as he looked at Colin.
"And Paradox can take any mage down fast if he or she is not careful about it.

He blinked slowly, "Bloody Hell, there's a thought. The Caul is living flesh, isn't it? And so is the Labyrinth, mostly? It should be reasonable to expect the whole place to be rather vulnerable to a cozy little surprise of bleach and ammonia. One of the chaps I served with got six days in the stockade for trying to wash the lavatories with that combination. He was not aware that mix releases hydrochloric acid and chlorine gas, and some other nasties. It was... quite thoroughly explained to us after that. Delivery should be relatively simple - punch through the walls, dump two barrels on the floor, and scarper before the fumes reach the shuttle."
Colin grimaced, "It's an awful way to go, but it could not happen to a better group... The problem, of course, remains the defenses in place."

"The Caul is flesh and spirit, the Labyrinth itself at least have allot of living parts, flesh covered walls the way I am told...hum...yes these chemicals should be able to do some damage indeed if we can get them through the place's defenses, at least it might create enough of a problem that it might distract the Fallen, the question off course is how far the gas will spread, Labyrinth is not just a figurative term from the ones the Traditions have taken down thus far, there are allot of corridors and rooms, will two barrels of content really spread though the entire complex?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:32 pm

Colin grinned, "I doubt the Nephandi would accept the offered cup, I'm afraid... And really, comparing TV to a book is unfair to both, I think - it's more like a combination of a town crier and a theatrical stage; combining news delivery and various performances with assorted special effects. Shakespeare makes pretty bland reading, but on the tongue of a few good actors..."
He nodded, "I do not wish to accrue Paradox; I am, however, willing to take a hit for the team, as the saying goes. Blame the RAF indoctrination; even the Flight Leaders keep an eye out for their Wingmen, whether on the ground or in the air."
He pondered, "No, two barrels will probably not be enough to spread through the entire complex... Depending, of course, on concentrations, it should be sufficient for a substantial volume, but the whole complex might be expecting a little too much. However, it should be more than adequate to harm eyes, possibly permanently, and gangrene is not entirely unheard of if the dead tissues stay attached to still living flesh... Depending on how, well, fleshy the entire construction is, it might cause confusion initially, and a slow, decaying death."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:05 pm

Colin grinned, "I doubt the Nephandi would accept the offered cup, I'm afraid... And really, comparing TV to a book is unfair to both, I think - it's more like a combination of a town crier and a theatrical stage; combining news delivery and various performances with assorted special effects. Shakespeare makes pretty bland reading, but on the tongue of a few good actors..."

"I have watched TV Mr Wainwright, some documentaries and the news at times. But when it comes to being told a story, I prefer to read the words and then have my mind make up it's own images, it may because I am old and that is what I am used to, but when I was young, I preferred to read to watching a play, though I have to admit to be somewhat partial to operas on the other hand, however my choice in entertainment is hardly what we should be focusing on here..."
Jeffry said with a bit of a smile.

He nodded, "I do not wish to accrue Paradox; I am, however, willing to take a hit for the team, as the saying goes. Blame the RAF indoctrination; even the Flight Leaders keep an eye out for their Wingmen, whether on the ground or in the air."

The old mage sigh and looks down into his cup.
"Chances are Mr Wainwright that before the sun rises on Monday some of us will be dead, I just want to make sure that our casualties are as few as possible, I do admire your willingness to risk your life for this Chantry though and I might call upon you to do just that, we just have to find the safest plan possible."

He pondered, "No, two barrels will probably not be enough to spread through the entire complex... Depending, of course, on concentrations, it should be sufficient for a substantial volume, but the whole complex might be expecting a little too much. However, it should be more than adequate to harm eyes, possibly permanently, and gangrene is not entirely unheard of if the dead tissues stay attached to still living flesh... Depending on how, well, fleshy the entire construction is, it might cause confusion initially, and a slow, decaying death."

"Well I will settle for enough confusion to give our strike team a better chance to finish the job."
Jeffry said as he tapped the side of his nose.
"Hum...perhaps if a few of us draw their attention allowing someone to work on the wards so you can get the ship in there with the barrels...however that all depend on how that ship works and a few others ifs and maybes that we have not yet worked out, but given that the ship is suitable we might have a beginning of a possible plan."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:29 pm

Colin nodded, "So, shall we say I get to take a look at the shuttle later today, after I've made Mrs. Von Hess' new pendulum, and assuming I'm still reasonably undamaged after any rescue attempts?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next