Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

June in Autumn, Sinister Plans and Chicago IC Thread 7

5 posters

Page 17 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 30  Next

Go down

June in Autumn, Sinister Plans and Chicago IC Thread 7 - Page 17 Empty Re: June in Autumn, Sinister Plans and Chicago IC Thread 7

Post by Adley 13.01.16 19:55

Jeffry said and sigh. "I have a carton of eggs in my fridge, once we are done here I will make some scrambled eggs for us, do that sound agreeable?" He offered, it would be a quick and simple meal but nutritious enough.

"Of course, thank you." Hardly a time to be picky and hunger would make a good sauce. When he saw Cita, he angled himself so that he could call out to her. "Cita? Can I have a moment?"

"I assure you Mr Lenoe, we mean you no harm." He said to the confused, groggy bloodsucker.

Adley edged over closer so that Lenoe could see him, at least he knew who he was. "Apologies," he echoed, looking a bit dismayed down at him. He did look scared, terrified, in fact and dead or not he looked in pain. "But we have some questions...it may be critical to stop some of our and others current difficulties," he explained. He tried to see if he was lucid enough to answer but it was hard in such a state. Rather than prolong it though he asked, "Do you know anything about Tremere activities in Chicago? If you do, look to the right. If not, the left, please."

// that would be a hell of a backlash >.<

Adley

Back to top Go down

June in Autumn, Sinister Plans and Chicago IC Thread 7 - Page 17 Empty Re: June in Autumn, Sinister Plans and Chicago IC Thread 7

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze 13.01.16 20:22

Colin:

Colin smiled at Henrietta, "I had unarmed techniques in mind; I'm sure we could be able to refine one another's techniques a little, considering your recent demonstration."

"I would be delighted Mr Wainwright, there is a unused room in the attic that are sometimes used for sparring, when would be a good time for you?"
Henrietta asked.

"Ah, Mrs. Von Hess, there's some mail for your husband."

"Oh...Anton is down in the lab working, can I accept his mail for him Sir?"
The psychic asked.
"If not he is in the corner laboratory down in the basement."
She said and also gave Rita a small smile.

Adley:

"Of course, thank you." Hardly a time to be picky and hunger would make a good sauce. When he saw Cita, he angled himself so that he could call out to her. "Cita? Can I have a moment?"

Cita turn to look at you and then she give Jeffry a warm smile before she answer you.
"Yes Adley, what can I do for you?"

Adley edged over closer so that Lenoe could see him, at least he knew who he was. "Apologies," he echoed, looking a bit dismayed down at him. He did look scared, terrified, in fact and dead or not he looked in pain. "But we have some questions...it may be critical to stop some of our and others current difficulties," he explained.

The vampire did seam to calm down some when he saw Adley, at least he knew the young Hermetic some. It was hard to know if any of what Adley said sank in but at least Lenoe's eyes focused somewhat better as Adley spoke to him.

He tried to see if he was lucid enough to answer but it was hard in such a state. Rather than prolong it though he asked, "Do you know anything about Tremere activities in Chicago? If you do, look to the right. If not, the left, please."

There was a long pause as Lenoe tried to focus, he was clearly groggy and while he was now less panicked he was still scared and hurting, focusing was hard but eventually he looked to the right and her his gaze to the right long enough for it to be clear it was not just a fluke.

Jeffry glanced at the vampire then said to you.
"I think perhaps it will hurt him less if I hold him down with magick than if we move him and chain him down, also I doubt he will be able to stay awake for long."

(OOC: Oops, but then yes that would be quite some Paradox backlash.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind 13.01.16 20:30

Colin nodded to Henrietta, "How about sometime next week - say, perhaps Wednesday, eight in the evening?"

He smiled to Julia, "I expect you would have to ask the Mercere about that."

((OOC: Wait, Adley got hit by Paradox; perhaps it's his backlash that's showing up elsewhere?))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley 13.01.16 20:51

Cita turn to look at you and then she give Jeffry a warm smile before she answer you. "Yes Adley, what can I do for you?"

"I know you've got your hands full as it is," he began, pulling his notebook out. He jotted down a few lines as he said, "If it's too much, then we understand of course. And if you are seeing my adelfi please tell her I was thinking of her, will see her as soon as I can." He showed her the note which was succinct as he could make it. 'Would you be willing to talk with Hannah regarding your experiences shifting your alliances? She has expressed some desires to help, but we are concerned it may impact her well being later.

There was a long pause as Lenoe tried to focus, he was clearly groggy and while he was now less panicked he was still scared and hurting, focusing was hard but eventually he looked to the right and her his gaze to the right long enough for it to be clear it was not just a fluke

"Would you allow us to unstake you so that we can ask you more about what you know?" he asked. He knew that meant re-staking him later, which was nothing to look forward to either. But the city was in peril.

Jeffry glanced at the vampire then said to you. "I think perhaps it will hurt him less if I hold him down with magick than if we move him and chain him down, also I doubt he will be able to stay awake for long."

"Are you sure, after the last hour?" Plus, he was not entirely sure it would hurt less in some ways to have an invisible hand holding you down, or a gravity well sticking you in place while you struggled...but it would probably bruise him less. Who knew the vampire might break something, depending how bad it was. "I can also find someone to assist with that, or help myself, instead if you would rather." He hated mentioning limitations but he still had not rested. Helena was going to yell at them both. He hoped. He hoped that after this mess, she would give them a sounding...

// I was going to type, 'that's not how correspondence paradox works,' in jest, but then I thought of Freaky Friday... ; )

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze 14.01.16 3:45

Colin:

"Next Wednesday eight in the evening? That works for me."
Henrietta said and gave you a smile.
"Well providing we are alive by then."

Julia looked at the Mercere and Rita smiles.
"I can leave this with you Mrs Von Hess no problem."
She said and handed Julia the large envelope containing the magazine. Julia smiles.
"Thank you Ma'am."
She said politely.

Adley:

"I know you've got your hands full as it is," he began, pulling his notebook out. He jotted down a few lines as he said, "If it's too much, then we understand of course. And if you are seeing my adelfi please tell her I was thinking of her, will see her as soon as I can."

Cita smiles and nods.
"I will tell her that Adley."
She said kindly.

He showed her the note which was succinct as he could make it. 'Would you be willing to talk with Hannah regarding your experiences shifting your alliances? She has expressed some desires to help, but we are concerned it may impact her well being later.

There was a moment of sadness in Cita's eyes then she nodded.
"I have to check in on my patients, but then I will go and have a talk with her, such a transition can be difficult."
The Virtual Adept said.
"Very difficult."

"Would you allow us to unstake you so that we can ask you more about what you know?" he asked. He knew that meant re-staking him later, which was nothing to look forward to either. But the city was in peril.

The vampire hesitated there where more fear in his eyes but then he looked to the right again to signal that he was willing to accept the pain that came with helping.

"Are you sure, after the last hour?" Plus, he was not entirely sure it would hurt less in some ways to have an invisible hand holding you down, or a gravity well sticking you in place while you struggled...but it would probably bruise him less. Who knew the vampire might break something, depending how bad it was.

"It is a minor rote, I should be fine, and remember using chains he would have to be moved that bed will not hold him and I can imagine being lifted in that condition is not to comfortable."
Jeffry said and begun a simple incantation where he muttered something about Rego Auram, while moving his hands over the helpless vampire's body, this seamed to scare Mr Lenoe a bit though but it did not last long.

"I can also find someone to assist with that, or help myself, instead if you would rather." He hated mentioning limitations but he still had not rested. Helena was going to yell at them both. He hoped. He hoped that after this mess, she would give them a sounding...

Jeffry supported himself on the bed for a moment and shook his head.
"By the time you found someone else chances are Mr Lenoe would already be sleeping again, and like I said it is a simple rote. All I need to do to recover is meditate at a Node...and I might have to do that even if it will upset our guests...but I can handle something like this. You can unstake him now, then step back quickly and we will see if Mr Lenoe remains in control...Mesassa...you can look at it like if they get hurt or to angry they go into temporary, violent Dynamic Quiets."
Your mentor explain.

(OOC: I think that would be more Mind and Spirit Paradox than Correspondence.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley 14.01.16 4:40

There was a moment of sadness in Cita's eyes then she nodded. "I have to check in on my patients, but then I will go and have a talk with her, such a transition can be difficult." The Virtual Adept said. "Very difficult."

He nodded. He knew it was a lot to ask but she was the best person around that would have a perspective on such a matter. "Thank you. It might help, we hope."

The vampire hesitated there where more fear in his eyes but then he looked to the right again to signal that he was willing to accept the pain that came with helping.

Adley nodded to him. "I apologise for how this feels." He frowned a little.

"It is a minor rote, I should be fine, and remember using chains he would have to be moved that bed will not hold him and I can imagine being lifted in that condition is not to comfortable."

He gave his mentor a look, one that said he thought he was pushing it, or himself. But he did trust him and he had valid points. He looked at Mr Lenoe. "He will use a working that will hold you in place, as if you were bound, in the event you react violently at first," he explained.

Jeffry supported himself on the bed for a moment and shook his head. "By the time you found someone else chances are Mr Lenoe would already be sleeping again, and like I said it is a simple rote...but I can handle something like this. You can unstake him now, then step back quickly and we will see if Mr Lenoe remains in control...Mesassa...you can look at it like if they get hurt or to angry they go into temporary, violent Dynamic Quiets." Your mentor explain.

He frowned a little, his opinion on his mentor's exhaustion unchanged as he saw him lean on the bed a moment. Then he listened to the instructions. Just in case, he got ready to dodge, fight...you just never knew. He looked down at the vampire again and said to him, "I'm going to remove the stake now. Brace yourself." He did the same, trying to get leverage and a handhold on the stake as best he could. He tried to pull it out in one go and then clear the space.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze 14.01.16 5:42

He nodded. He knew it was a lot to ask but she was the best person around that would have a perspective on such a matter. "Thank you. It might help, we hope."

Cita nodded.
"I will do what I can. Miss Larson might need that, someone who have been through something similar to herself."
The Virtual Adept said and sigh, it was clear that her old allies becoming enemies was not a happy memory for her.

Adley nodded to him. "I apologise for how this feels." He frowned a little.

Lenoe looks at you, his eyes sleepy, fearful but accepting.

He gave his mentor a look, one that said he thought he was pushing it, or himself. But he did trust him and he had valid points. He looked at Mr Lenoe. "He will use a working that will hold you in place, as if you were bound, in the event you react violently at first," he explained.

Jeffry exchanged a glance with you that said that he knew he was pushing it, the more exhausted he was, the greater the chance he made a mistake, and with mistakes came Paradox, even at Steelhaven, but there where things that needed to be done.

Lenoe did not seam surprised at what you told him, but then he had said that Tobias had flung him across the room when he first Awakened so the creature probably did not find it strange that such a thing was possible.

He frowned a little, his opinion on his mentor's exhaustion unchanged as he saw him lean on the bed a moment. Then he listened to the instructions. Just in case, he got ready to dodge, fight...you just never knew. He looked down at the vampire again and said to him, "I'm going to remove the stake now. Brace yourself."

The vampire looked nervous, he knew this was going to hurt, and hurt badly, but there was little else he could do but lay there and try to at least prepare mentally.

He did the same, trying to get leverage and a handhold on the stake as best he could. He tried to pull it out in one go and then clear the space.

Pulling a rather roughly made stake out of a human chest was not quite as hard as getting it in, but it was not exactly easy either. There was a sicking, fleshy sound as you pull on the stake and it do take quite a bit of effort. As soon as the weapon's tip cleared the vampire's heart the creature started screaming, that he had a hole in one of his lungs did not seam to stop him from expressing pain in such a way.

You step back and you see Lenoe struggle against invisible bounds that kept him in place, he looked monstrous, it was hard to really reconcile that this thing with fangs and a wild, dark look in it's eyes where the gentle, soft spoken ethics professor that you knew him as. There seamed to be a struggle for a moment, you could see it in Lenoe's eyes, there was something in him that wanted control, then after a few, long moments he settled down having won the fight, for now.
"I...am in control...of myself."
Lenoe said hoarsely sounding rather worse for wear and also as tired as...well as tired as Jeffry looked.

Your mentor made a hand gesture and ended his rote though you see he is ready to put it back up if need be. Lenoe groaned and grabbed at his chest, curling up into a ball on the bed for a moment before he managed to try to sit up.
"Damnation that hurt..."
He muttered weakly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley 14.01.16 6:18

Cita nodded. "I will do what I can. Miss Larson might need that, someone who have been through something similar to herself." The Virtual Adept said and sigh, it was clear that her old allies becoming enemies was not a happy memory for her.

He gave her another nod. "Well, we won't keep you. We're all so busy," he glanced at his pater who had been rather quiet, before heading back to the room where Mr Lenoe was being kept.

You step back and you see Lenoe struggle against invisible bounds that kept him in place, he looked monstrous, it was hard to really reconcile that this thing with fangs and a wild, dark look in it's eyes where the gentle, soft spoken ethics professor that you knew him as. There seamed to be a struggle for a moment, you could see it in Lenoe's eyes, there was something in him that wanted control, then after a few, long moments he settled down having won the fight, for now. "I...am in control...of myself." Lenoe said hoarsely sounding rather worse for wear and also as tired as...well as tired as Jeffry looked.

It was a gruesome task, removing the stake, nearly as bad as putting it in, and one that he did not look forward to doing again to him. But once he changed into nothing short of a killing machine, Adley's eyes widened and he looked like he was ready to fight him off by instinct. Seeing him like that was terrible; perhaps a good lesson in remembering what he really was, what he'd done to Tobias, even inadvertently. This is what the Tremere had gotten for trying a hand at immortality. As Lenoe seemed to get a hold of his sanity again, he relaxed his aching body slightly but there was still a tense look on his face.

Lenoe groaned and grabbed at his chest, curling up into a ball on the bed for a moment before he managed to try to sit up.
"Damnation that hurt..." He muttered weakly.

Adley winced but waited quietly for him to recover as much as he could. "We would not ask, if it were not important - perhaps critical," he said by way of apology. Still, he kept himself alert in case he reverted back to what he'd just seen only a moment before. "Anything you can tell us about the Tremere in Chicago might prevent tragedy," he prompted gently.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze 14.01.16 6:46

He gave her another nod. "Well, we won't keep you. We're all so busy," he glanced at his pater who had been rather quiet, before heading back to the room where Mr Lenoe was being kept.

Cita nodded, she gave Jeffry a smile though. Your mentor hesitated, he was not used to expressing emotions in public, and especially not physically but he reached out and gently caressed the Virtual Adept's cheek.
"I will see you later today if it is time Cita."
He said and the technomancer nodded, then her eyes widened as he got a good look at the Hermetic.
"You look worse than a drunk Marauder Jeffry, get some sleep."
She exclaimed and your mentor gave a hint of a smile.
"I will...I will..."
He said though he did not say when. Cita gave you a stern look.
"I have to go, but you will make sure that he gets some rest yes?"
The Spirit healer said, her eyes locked on yours indicating you would be in trouble if you did not.

Adley winced but waited quietly for him to recover as much as he could. "We would not ask, if it were not important - perhaps critical," he said by way of apology. Still, he kept himself alert in case he reverted back to what he'd just seen only a moment before. "Anything you can tell us about the Tremere in Chicago might prevent tragedy," he prompted gently.

Lenoe struggled to sit up, one hand grasping at his on bloody chest, he drew several deep, useless breaths, an old habit probably, that while he did not need oxygen still had the mental ability to calm him.
"I understand."
The vampire said softly.
"I do not know allot about the Tremere they are a secretive lot, but I was Embraced...ehm...made into this that I am, in Chicago."
Lenoe said, he leaned his head against the wall behind him and seamed to struggle to stay awake.
"My Sire still lives there...that is my well I guess she would be my mother...anyway the Tremere in Chicago have a high place in the city politics, there is not allot of them, but the ones that are there are powerful, and none more so than the, if you excuse the language, little shit Nicolai. Now this child was made into a vampire far to young, he is just a child and they are the worst, his experience grow, his knowledge but at heart he is still just a lost child. Now he have a tendency to want company and are known for kidnapping gifted children...you know those with psychic abilities and the like and Embracing them, he have probably gotten a few of you lot as well."
Lenoe said and shook his head.
"Vampire children is never a good idea. Anyway Nicolai have his claws in the Prince, and he is no picnic either, one piece of advice, if you are ever in Chicago stay far away from the Sears Tower where Prince Lodin hold his court...a Prince being the leader of a city in our society."
The vampire sigh then he looks at you.
"My mother would know more...I can give you her phone number if you promise not to harm her."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind 14.01.16 7:21

Colin nodded, as much to himself as to anyone else, "Good, that's that settled... Now to find Adley."

((OOC: I'll be pretty much just watching the thread until Adley answers the text message, then.))

((OOC2: Would that be the 1976 Freaky Friday, or the 2003 Freaky Friday? Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze 14.01.16 7:57

Julia smiles to Colin and Rita.
"Was there anything further then?"
She asked politely, you smell cooking form her kitchen, something with fish probably.

(OOC: It will not be to long, I am thinking Adley will get your text once he is done talking with Lenoe, so one scene and Colin should be back in action.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley 14.01.16 16:28

"You look worse than a drunk Marauder Jeffry, get some sleep." She exclaimed and your mentor gave a hint of a smile. "I will...I will..." He said though he did not say when. Cita gave you a stern look. "I have to go, but you will make sure that he gets some rest yes?"

Adley gave Cita a wry smile. She sounded like Helena, though it was likely she was older than her not that it was easy to tell by looking at her. "I will promise that I will -try.-"

"I do not know allot about the Tremere they are a secretive lot, but I was Embraced...ehm...made into this that I am, in Chicago."
Lenoe said, he leaned his head against the wall behind him and seamed to struggle to stay awake. "My Sire still lives there... "My mother would know more...I can give you her phone number if you promise not to harm her."

Adley looked over at his pater. The Sears Tower again...how could vampires and mages share one building? It seemed a battleground in itself, even if vampires did not use nodes. And the very idea of children that were turned was nothing short of sickening in his opinion. It seemed as if it wasn't agreed upon by all vampires either. Child mages had a hard time, especially if they did not have a good mentor. But being made a vampire on purpose, to stay a child forever...he shook his head. Well, this conversation seemed to imply that vampire politics were if nothing as bad as or worse than mage politics. "Mr Lenoe, this prince, he is of your faction? What did you call yourself, Brujah?" He tried to remember. "What floors do they control, there at the tower? And...as for your sire, I cannot promise that nothing will ever happen to her, as we do not know her name, position, her current relation to our society if any. There may be some way that we conflict at some point, or that other mages that have a conflict with her. But I think that it would be safe enough to say that we both would like to avoid current difficulties, both here and in Chicago. Just like when you asked me for help, I would ask you to help us help our city. Perhaps Chicago as well. We have tried to treat you fairly considering our circumstances if not comfortably, you can take that as a measure." He turned to his mentor to see what he had to say about any of this.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze 14.01.16 17:11

Adley gave Cita a wry smile. She sounded like Helena, though it was likely she was older than her not that it was easy to tell by looking at her. "I will promise that I will -try.-"

"Thank you Adley."
Cita said sweetly then she gave your mentor a stern look.
"See to it that he succeeds in getting you to rest."
She ordered the old Hermetic and Jeffry lifted his hands in surrender.
"Fine fine I will rest. I just need to deal with this one thing first..."
He assured her and Cita narrowed her eyes.
"Good for I will be checking up on you!"
She said then she reached out to give the older mage's arm a light squeeze.
"I worry about you Jeffry."
She added softly.

Adley looked over at his pater. The Sears Tower again...how could vampires and mages share one building? It seemed a battleground in itself, even if vampires did not use nodes. And the very idea of children that were turned was nothing short of sickening in his opinion. It seemed as if it wasn't agreed upon by all vampires either. Child mages had a hard time, especially if they did not have a good mentor. But being made a vampire on purpose, to stay a child forever...he shook his head. Well, this conversation seemed to imply that vampire politics were if nothing as bad as or worse than mage politics.

Your mentor did not look pleased at what he was hearing, the temperature in the room had risen by a few degrees and his eyes was ever darker than usual, the news of how this Tremere liked to turn children into vampires, it was more than disturbing, the old mage did not say anything about it right now, preferring instead to just listen, but it was clear that he was angry and disgusted.

"Mr Lenoe, this prince, he is of your faction? What did you call yourself, Brujah?" He tried to remember.

"Faction yes, there are several factions and they do not get along...Clan no...in fact if you called Lodin a Brujah you would probably be dead by your next heartbeat."
Lenoe said and frowned.
"Clans are like bloodlines, large extended families who have some strengths, weaknesses and goals in common. My Clan the Brujah was once noble warriors, but many, especially in America have fallen far from that ideal and are now little but punks and bullies. We seek to change the world make it more just. I do not think dying my hair pink and wearing safety pins in my nose will achieve that so instead I try to educate the young, try to get them to desire a more just world. Prince Lodin though he is Ventrue, they are politicians basically, stuck up and wanting nothing more than for the status quo to remain as it is."
The vampire said. Jeffry whispered in your ear.
"That sounds almost like Traditions."

"What floors do they control, there at the tower?

"Officially it is floors 90 and 91 including the two roofs there, but there are hidden floors built in when the tower was created that lay between these two where the Prince holds is court."

And...as for your sire, I cannot promise that nothing will ever happen to her, as we do not know her name, position, her current relation to our society if any. There may be some way that we conflict at some point, or that other mages that have a conflict with her. But I think that it would be safe enough to say that we both would like to avoid current difficulties, both here and in Chicago. Just like when you asked me for help, I would ask you to help us help our city. Perhaps Chicago as well. We have tried to treat you fairly considering our circumstances if not comfortably, you can take that as a measure."

Dennis Lenoe hesitated, he clearly cared for the woman who had turned him and did not know if letting mages know about her was wise but then finally he sigh.
"Her name is Tyler, or at least that is what she go by..."
Lenoe said then he listed up a phone number.
"I will not tell you where to find her but I will give you a number you can reach her at."
The vampire said.

He turned to his mentor to see what he had to say about any of this.

Jeffry considered for a moment then he asked.
"Do you know where in Chicago the Tremere have their stronghold Mr Lenoe?"
Dennis shook his head.
"No I am sorry I do not."
The Brujah said and shook his head.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley 14.01.16 18:01

"Good for I will be checking up on you!" She said then she reached out to give the older mage's arm a light squeeze. "I worry about you Jeffry."

Adley smiled a little to himself but tried to look as if he wasn't paying attention to their exchange, out of courtesy. He was pleased someone cared about his mentor though, it seemed like his story to the umbrood had had an impact.

"Faction yes, there are several factions and they do not get along...Clan no...in fact if you called Lodin a Brujah you would probably be dead by your next heartbeat." Lenoe said and frowned. "Clans are like bloodlines..."

"I see. It is good then I asked you and not him, then" he said, then nodded at his mentor's words. "I was thinking that it sounded familiar myself," he said, with another wry look.

"Officially it is floors 90 and 91 including the two roofs there, but there are hidden floors built in when the tower was created that lay between these two where the Prince holds is court."

"Thank you. Is there anything else you can tell us about the tower, or connections to magii that they might have, that you recall?"

"Her name is Tyler, or at least that is what she go by..." Lenoe said then he listed up a phone number. "I will not tell you where to find her but I will give you a number you can reach her at." The vampire said

'I believe that would be sufficient, though if we put through a cold call to her she might something is wrong, to you or in general," he said, then added, "Then again, something -is- wrong," he added, thinking of the Nephandi.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze 14.01.16 18:23

Adley smiled a little to himself but tried to look as if he wasn't paying attention to their exchange, out of courtesy. He was pleased someone cared about his mentor though, it seemed like his story to the umbrood had had an impact.

Cita lingered for a moment longer, letting her hand rest on Jeffry's arm, then she gave you both a smile and hurried down towards the basement so she could check on Beatrice.

"I see. It is good then I asked you and not him, then" he said, then nodded at his mentor's words. "I was thinking that it sounded familiar myself," he said, with another wry look.

"Perhaps there are some similarities between his society and ours."
Jeffry muttered. Lenoe sigh and looks at you.
"If at all possible I would avoid asking the Prince of Chicago anything, the man is brutal as few and do not know the meaning of the words mercy or compassion."
He warned.

"Thank you. Is there anything else you can tell us about the tower, or connections to magii that they might have, that you recall?"

"I have really no knowledge of mages other than that you exist Mr Roth Hicks."
Dennis said and sigh then he looked sad.
"And apparently my blood harms you."
He muttered thinking about Tobias and he looked saddened.
"There is not much I can tell you about the Sears Tower, the hidden floor is an Elysium, a gathering place for my kind...other than that...well one of the roofs at the floor below that is used at the city's execution grounds. Prince Lodin like the stake vampires he takes offense with and leave them for the sun...leaving them helpless as they slowly begin to burn until nothing is left...a most terrible way to die."
The Brujah said and shuddered, he glanced at the stake you where holding, the weapon red with his blood and he could not stop himself from wincing and then looking away, not wanting to look at the instrument of his painful imprisonment.

Your mentor lean over to whisper to you.
"An execution ground, that could create a Entropic Node, especially a place where victims are meeting horrific, anguishing deaths."

Lenoe was silent for a moment then he added.
"There is one thing, there are some rumors that Nicolai himself was a mage once, and that becoming a Kindred messed him up in some way and that is the cause of some of his...cruelties, I would not know if those rumors are based in truth though."
He commented.

'I believe that would be sufficient, though if we put through a cold call to her she might something is wrong, to you or in general," he said, then added, "Then again, something -is- wrong," he added, thinking of the Nephandi.

"The best way to deal with my Sire is to be honest with her, if she sense deception she is not likely to be willing to help, but if you explain why you need her aid then well she tend to be a rather understanding woman."
The vampire said then he looked down.
"One thing, please do not tell anyone, and especially no one like me what I have told you, I have given you information I should not have and would probably be executed if it became known that I have spoken this freely about my society, but I do owe you a favor for helping Tobias."
Dennis said then he looked at you.
"How is Tobias Mr Roth Hicks? Miss Day will tell me nothing, which I take to indicate that the situation is dire...is he going to be okey?"
The vampire asked in a concerned tone of voice.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley 14.01.16 18:41

"If at all possible I would avoid asking the Prince of Chicago anything, the man is brutal as few and do not know the meaning of the words mercy or compassion."

"Noted." He frowned.

"I have really no knowledge of mages other than that you exist Mr Roth Hicks." Dennis said and sigh then he looked sad. "And apparently my blood harms you."

"I figured but figured I should ask, in the event you heard something...rumours or the like."

There is not much I can tell you about the Sears Tower, the hidden floor is an Elysium, a gathering place for my kind...other than that...well one of the roofs at the floor below that is used at the city's execution grounds. Prince Lodin like the stake vampires he takes offense with and leave them for the sun...leaving them helpless as they slowly begin to burn until nothing is left...a most terrible way to die."
The Brujah said and shuddered, he glanced at the stake you where holding, the weapon red with his blood and he could not stop himself from wincing and then looking away, not wanting to look at the instrument of his painful imprisonment.

His frown deepend and though he wanted to hide the stake behind his back and put it out of sight, there was really little that would be accomplished by it.

Your mentor lean over to whisper to you. "An execution ground, that could create a Entropic Node, especially a place where victims are meeting horrific, anguishing deaths."

He nodded. "And one for vampires at that, yes. It could be."

"There is one thing, there are some rumors that Nicolai himself was a mage once, and that becoming a Kindred messed him up in some way and that is the cause of some of his...cruelties, I would not know if those rumors are based in truth though." He commented.

"Is that so?" he raised an eyebrow. Great, a child magus turned vampire. "Just when I thought things could not be worse..."

"The best way to deal with my Sire is to be honest with her, if she sense deception she is not likely to be willing to help, but if you explain why you need her aid then well she tend to be a rather understanding woman.

"Then I shall be as honest as I am able to be, given that some things I simply cannot tell her."

"One thing, please do not tell anyone, and especially no one like me what I have told you, I have given you information I should not have and would probably be executed if it became known that I have spoken this freely about my society, but I do owe you a favor for helping Tobias."

"I will certainly attempt to keep the source of our knowledge discreet. Much as I do hope you will extend us the same favour, assuming we all make it out of this mess. I will consider my favour to be fulfilled," he said simply. It wasn't as if he regularly talked to vampires after all, at least that he knew about.

Dennis said then he looked at you. "How is Tobias Mr Roth Hicks? Miss Day will tell me nothing, which I take to indicate that the situation is dire...is he going to be okey?" The vampire asked in a concerned tone of voice.

Adley looked saddened, wishing he had better news. "We have one of -the- very best healers available trying to help him. His situation is quite dire, it's true, but he has shown resilience in ways that have surprised us. We sincerely hope that he will pull through and are doing what we can to see that he does." He didn't want to give him false hope but they were doing everything that they could for him. Only time and continued care would see if Tobias would live through his ordeal.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze 14.01.16 19:02

"I figured but figured I should ask, in the event you heard something...rumours or the like."

"Other than the rumors about Nicolai...no I have heard nothing. I mean I knew mages existed, there are allot of things that exist, but it do not seam our two societies interact very much."
Lenoe said then he added softly.
"Perhaps for good reasons."

He nodded. "And one for vampires at that, yes. It could be."

"Hum...I am not usually one to form an opinion about a person based just on the testimony of one man, but if this Lodin is as cruel as Mr Lenoe here says then it would not surprise me if he would make a deal with Larson and her underlings...off course that would just be speculation at this point."
Your mentor said as he scratched his chin considering.
"It is a place to start investigating at least."

"Is that so?" he raised an eyebrow. Great, a child magus turned vampire. "Just when I thought things could not be worse..."

Jeffry got an even darker look in his eyes, this was a sore spot for him, a child magus usually meant someone's apprentice.
"To loose a student in such a way."
The old Hermetic muttered then he shook his head.
"Well a person with such a background I can imagine would be dangerously unstable."

"Then I shall be as honest as I am able to be, given that some things I simply cannot tell her."

"Then tell her when it is something you can not talk about, she will react better to an honest refusal to divulge information, then trying to talk around it and divert her attention from a topic."
Dennis advised.

"I will certainly attempt to keep the source of our knowledge discreet. Much as I do hope you will extend us the same favour, assuming we all make it out of this mess. I will consider my favour to be fulfilled," he said simply. It wasn't as if he regularly talked to vampires after all, at least that he knew about.

"Good...I prefer not to owe favors over a long period of time."
Lenoe said then he nodded.
"I will remain discreet, though if what you tell me is true then half the mages of Boston would want me dead because of...because of Tobias so I doubt any of them would listen to me in any case."
The vamprie said and sigh.

Adley looked saddened, wishing he had better news. "We have one of -the- very best healers available trying to help him. His situation is quite dire, it's true, but he has shown resilience in ways that have surprised us. We sincerely hope that he will pull through and are doing what we can to see that he does." He didn't want to give him false hope but they were doing everything that they could for him. Only time and continued care would see if Tobias would live through his ordeal.

"I...hope he will make it."
Dennis said and looked saddened.
"The boy is like a son to me, and the last thing I would want is for him to be hurt and the thought that he is ill because of me..."
The vampire looked away.
"I should have tried to find others of his kind sooner...I just feared he would be met the same way someone unplanned and unsanctioned would be in my society, I thought I was keeping him safe and now he might..."
Dennis quickly lifted a hand to his left eye to wipe away a tear...only that the droplet was not clear and salty, it was blood.
"If there is anything I can do for the boy?"
He asked and glanced at you, seaming a little embarrassed over the tear he had nearly shed.
"If there is anything I can do to help him I will do it."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley 14.01.16 19:57

"Hum...I am not usually one to form an opinion about a person based just on the testimony of one man, but if this Lodin is as cruel as Mr Lenoe here says then it would not surprise me if he would make a deal with Larson and her underlings...off course that would just be speculation at this point." Your mentor said as he scratched his chin considering. "It is a place to start investigating at least.

"It's a place to start," he agreed. Hm...that's the second time he had heard of a vampire grabbing a mage's apprentice. Only this was not the work of the Tremere, surprisingly.

"Then tell her when it is something you can not talk about, she will react better to an honest refusal to divulge information, then trying to talk around it and divert her attention from a topic." Dennis advised.

"Fair enough," he said. He didn't like being beaten around the bush either.

"Good...I prefer not to owe favors over a long period of time." Lenoe said then he nodded. "I will remain discreet, though if what you tell me is true then half the mages of Boston would want me dead because of...because of Tobias so I doubt any of them would listen to me in any case." The vamprie said and sigh.

He sighed. There was little he could do to protect him from every magus in Boston and he was right, there certainly were some that would take him down for it. Adley had been angry as well, but his concern for Tobias's well being had to come first. The poor boy was another tragedy for the week in a week full of them. All they could do was try to prevent further harms.

"If there is anything I can do for the boy?" He asked and glanced at you, seaming a little embarrassed over the tear he had nearly shed. "If there is anything I can do to help him I will do it."

He couldn't say anything to make his regret any easier to bear, nor did he know what he might do to help. "As far as I know, not at this time. Eventually, if he lives, which we hope that he does, being parted from the company of vampires will be necessary for his well being. However, we will let you know if there is something that you can do in the meantime," he told him. "Thank you for your help, and cooperating..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze 14.01.16 20:21

"It's a place to start," he agreed. Hm...that's the second time he had heard of a vampire grabbing a mage's apprentice. Only this was not the work of the Tremere, surprisingly.

Jeffry nodded.
"If Larson is involved then her influence have stretched disturbingly far."
The old mage muttered.

"As far as I know, not at this time. Eventually, if he lives, which we hope that he does, being parted from the company of vampires will be necessary for his well being. However, we will let you know if there is something that you can do in the meantime,"

Dennis sigh and nodded.
"I will miss him, but I do understand, and the boy should be with his own kind."
The vampire said sadly.
"I just hope that he will survive..."

he told him. "Thank you for your help, and cooperating..."

Lenoe just nodded, he glanced at the stake again and shuddered.
"I guess that is all I can do for now, your society is the one that Tobias will one day be a part of, if he lives that is, I need to do my part to make sure it is a secure society for him..."
The vampire said.
"I guess chances are that mages would still hunt me down if I left..."
He said sounding a bit hopeful that perhaps he could avoid more time staked. Jeffry sigh.
"Mr Lenoe how to explain this...what is the worst thing one of your kind can do to another Massa...ehm vampire?"
Dennis looked a bit apologetic.
"I really should not talk about that..."
He said and Jeffry nodded.
"No matter, just imagine it, now if someone outside of your society did that to one of your own, what would the rest of your kind do to him? That is the situation you are in Mr Lenoe."
Your mentor said and Dennis looked away.
"Oh..."
Was all he said. Jeffry sigh.
"Now like I have said, you are a guest and not a prisoner though it might feel differently, if you wish to leave I will have the location of this place removed from your mind and then you are free to go, and I will not lie, while I have compassion for you, the death of one of your kind will hardly cost me any sleep so I will not try to talk you into staying, however young Mr Wagner, now he is my concern...and I fear that if you get yourself killed and the boy finds out about it, than that will be a blow to hard for him to handle at the moment."
Your mentor said softly to the frightened vampire. Lenoe nodded he pulled his legs up to his chest and wrapped his arms around them, sort of curling into a ball where he sat as he realized it was no escape, not yet if he valued his life, and the life of his young charge.
"I understand...I...will stay."
He muttered and looked away.
"I...am not going to resist...I..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley 14.01.16 20:44

"If Larson is involved then her influence have stretched disturbingly far." The old mage muttered.

"Indeed." He asked Lenoe, "Given that time is an issue, would your sire answer the phone during daylight hours?" He remembered that Lenoe had been very groggy but able to speak, hopefully his sire would be able to answer before hours had passed.

Dennis sigh and nodded. "I will miss him, but I do understand, and the boy should be with his own kind." The vampire said sadly. "I just hope that he will survive..."

"So do we, Mr Lenoe."

"I understand...I...will stay." He muttered and looked away. "I...am not going to resist...I..."

He listened quietly to the two of them speak. Well, he had wanted honesty and he had gotten it. He understood slightly better what he'd done to Tobias, but even so, he did not truly understand...and it would be best to keep him from that knowledge. For his own part, he was not looking forward to having to stake him again. "I need a mallet or hammer if we're going to do this again."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze 14.01.16 21:07

"Indeed." He asked Lenoe, "Given that time is an issue, would your sire answer the phone during daylight hours?" He remembered that Lenoe had been very groggy but able to speak, hopefully his sire would be able to answer before hours had passed.

"You can always try Mr Roth Hicks."
Lenoe said then he sigh.
"But it is unlikely that you will be able to stir her, to be frank...nothing short of setting fire to her...and no do not do that, is going to stir her."
The vampire explained.
"It have to do with how...well you saw me when you removed the stake, you saw the monster that live inside of me, the closer we are to it...the closer to dead we are during the day, to give a very simple explanation."

"So do we, Mr Lenoe."

The vampire nodded he looked sad, it was clear that Tobias meant allot to him and he was deeply saddened that the boy was hurt, and even more so because he himself was to blame.

For his own part, he was not looking forward to having to stake him again. "I need a mallet or hammer if we're going to do this again."

"Finding one down here in the basement should not be to hard."
Jeffry said then he glanced at Dennis who had whimpered when you spoke about the need for a hammer.
"He do not seam to have healed his wound though...so it should take less effort to get the stake back into the same place."
He said, the words pragmatic but there was compassion in his eyes. Lenoe nodded weakly.
"There was no need to waste...what I have in my system to heal a wound that would just be inflicted again."
He muttered.
"You have conscious control over your regeneration then Mr Lenoe?"
Jeffry asked and the vampire nodded.
"As long as I am awake yes."
He muttered.

Your mentor looked at you.
"I think that with an existing wound you should be able to do the deed by hand, but I can take care of it if you prefer, I do think there is a mallet in the store room with the old chairs and boxes...the one Mr Bergen is in at the moment...it might make it go smoother. I would not want to leave you alone with Mr Lenoe though, so if you feel that such a tool is needed you will have to go and get it while I watch over him."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley 14.01.16 21:18

"You can always try Mr Roth Hicks." Lenoe said then he sigh."But it is unlikely that you will be able to stir her..."

"I see. Well, then we'll just have to see if she picks up."

"I think that with an existing wound you should be able to do the deed by hand, but I can take care of it if you prefer, I do think there is a mallet in the store room with the old chairs and boxes...the one Mr Bergen is in at the moment..."

Instead of giving his usual comment about name dropping in front of people that shouldn't hear, he just looked like a switch turned on. Angry, just at Bergen's name being spoken. "I don't think it would be a good idea for me to see him right now," he said, recalling Bergen's plot to use Lenoe to harm Beatrice, how he'd hidden a knife in Kyle's room and terrorized the Mercere. "However, I do not wish to cause Mr Lenoe any additional pain than is necessary." He had a look around the room they were in, for something that would work or if he thought that he could put the stake back in by hand without making a mess of it.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze 14.01.16 21:30

"I see. Well, then we'll just have to see if she picks up."

"If you get her awake, save the pleasantries and get to explaining the emergency quickly or she will fall asleep again, we can force ourselves to stay awake but it do cost allot of effort so unless you get it through her groggy state that she have to expand that effort you will get nothing other than listening to her sleep."
Lenoe advised.
"Oh and she will likely be grumpy at being awoken in the middle of the day."

"I don't think it would be a good idea for me to see him right now," he said, recalling Bergen's plot to use Lenoe to harm Beatrice, how he'd hidden a knife in Kyle's room and terrorized the Mercere. "However, I do not wish to cause Mr Lenoe any additional pain than is necessary." He had a look around the room they were in, for something that would work.

Jeffry nodded it was clear that Ulv Bergen was not his favorite person in the world right now either.
"Very well..."
The old mage said. You look around and there are a few things that might be usable, there where a rather heavy looking brass vase stowed away in a corner, probably because it was to ugly to display and to expensive to discard, a set of 5 kg hand weights was on a shelf and one of them might be the best option, and there was a couple of heavy dictionaries stored on the same shelf, dusty old tomes that looked about as heavy as the weights.

Lenoe curled up more where he sat as you where looking for something to use to stake him with, it was probably not a pleasant position to be in and the vampire looked pretty terrified.
"Will you tell Tobias that I am thinking of him...and that I am fine...just tell him that I am fine."
The vampire said but he did not look fine.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley 15.01.16 2:48

"If you get her awake, save the pleasantries and get to explaining the emergency quickly or she will fall asleep again, we can force ourselves to stay awake but it do cost allot of effort so unless you get it through her groggy state that she have to expand that effort you will get nothing other than listening to her sleep." Lenoe advised. "Oh and she will likely be grumpy at being awoken in the middle of the day."

"Very well. I will try to be succinct. May I at least tell her that you have put me into contact with her?"

He felt bad doing a rummage for something to use as a weight - he didn't want to leave the man in agony, though. Or, at least any more agony that he had some way to mitigate. He picked up the weight to see if he could use that, otherwise he might have to run and get the hammer in the car trunk, rather than waste more time and freak the vampire out more.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze 15.01.16 3:59

"Very well. I will try to be succinct. May I at least tell her that you have put me into contact with her?"

"Yes do tell her that, and please give her my regards Mr Roth Hicks."
Dennis said with a thin smile.
"Just...how should I explain this...ehm...have you ever had an operation or medical procedure where you have been sedated? Please do not let me pry I am not asking about your medical history but rather imagine that when you are about to go under heavy sedation, how much force of will it would take to stay conscious, you would need a very compelling reason to fight to stay awake, it is the same thing with my Sire, she might wake up but she will need quite the motivation to stay up."
The vampire explained, he seamed rather sleepy himself.
"Though I guess the line I have your son staked in the basement might just do it, just be prepared to explain the situation afterwards."
Lenoe said with a weak, bitter little smile.

He felt bad doing a rummage for something to use as a weight - he didn't want to leave the man in agony, though. Or, at least any more agony that he had some way to mitigate. He picked up the weight to see if he could use that, otherwise he might have to run and get the hammer in the car trunk, rather than waste more time and freak the vampire out more.

You think the weight would work, you got a pretty good grip on it and could swing it fairly well. Lenoe looked at you for a moment he looked rather terrified and he swallowed the lump in his throat hard.
"Well then...I guess it is time to..."
He muttered through as of yet he did not uncurl from the balled up position he sat in.
"I...will lay down it is just...really hard to...force myself to since it is not getting the damned thing in that is the problem it is while it...is in there, the pain is bad...and constant but it is not the worst thing about it...it makes me feel dead...like if whatever is animating me...is nailed down...like if every sin I have ever committed in laying on top of me forcing me...down...and then there is the fear...this mind numbing terror as...my Beast...I do not even know how to explain that one, scream in my mind to get away...but I can't..."
Lenoe muttered then he shook his head.
"Forgive me...that is not something you...needed to know, and I..."
The vampire begun then he took another deep breath to calm himself, before he slowly laid down, clearly using all of his will to force himself to do so, swallowing hard again the vampire fixed his glaze on the roof, so he would not have to look at the stake.
"You...must think me a coward, there are those who have spent years...staked and kept conscious as punishment meted out by our Princes...I should be able to handle...the time until things calm down and...Tobias no longer need to know...that I am safe and sound...to survive..."
Lenoe muttered more to himself than to you.
"But...why do it seams like every supernatural weakness...is so damned brutal? I have seen werewolves hurt by silver, it causes horrible, acid like burns and also do...something to their souls, and I have seen a fay woman ravaged by iron...Tobias' pain over...whatever is wrong with him...it seams that every weakness is part of a creature's supernatural nature will hurt that creature like hell if exploited, as if reality itself have it in for us."
The vampire said then he looked apologetic.
"I am babbling sorry...I talk when I get nervous...I guess I would really irritate any hunter that would happen to find me."
Lenoe said and managed a wry smile.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 30  Next