Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

June in Autumn, Sinister Plans and Chicago IC Thread 7

5 posters

Page 18 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24 ... 30  Next

Go down

June in Autumn, Sinister Plans and Chicago IC Thread 7 - Page 18 Empty Re: June in Autumn, Sinister Plans and Chicago IC Thread 7

Post by Adley Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:14 am

"Yes do tell her that, and please give her my regards Mr Roth Hicks." Dennis said with a thin smile. "Just...how should I explain this...ehm...have you ever had an operation or medical procedure where you have been sedated?

"Ah, yes..." He made a face. Having all his wisdom teeth removed had been an experience...coming to in a room with one light, he had been sure he was dead, no matter how much his parents had tried to explain he wasn't. Not that anything he said had been very understandable...

"Though I guess the line I have your son staked in the basement might just do it, just be prepared to explain the situation afterwards."
Lenoe said with a weak, bitter little smile.

"Somehow I don't think that's how I'm going to open our conversation, Mr Lenoe..." He put his free hand out to one side then dropped it, in resignation.

You think the weight would work, you got a pretty good grip on it and could swing it fairly well. Lenoe looked at you for a moment he looked rather terrified and he swallowed the lump in his throat hard. "Well then...I guess it is time to..."I am babbling sorry...I talk when I get nervous...I guess I would really irritate any hunter that would happen to find me." Lenoe said and managed a wry smile."

'It's understandable," he said, once his nervous chatter ran its course. "I don't think you are a coward, for what it is worth. If there's anything you would like that we can try to provide if we can given our time and trying to prevent the world as we know it, then now is the time to request it. Is this radio helping? Want a different station...? You're probably sick of me apologizing for staking you by now, so I'll spare us both but the feeling remains. I will tell Tobias, if I get a chance to see him that you said you were fine." Part of his thoughts did linger a moment over his words regarding supernatural sensitivities. Most experienced blinding, agonizing physical pains. And some mages did too, those with certain echoes for example. But only mages experienced paradox, and physical pain was on the less bad end of the range of things that could happen when you changed reality. Then he cleared his mind to the task he had to do, no use putting it off, there was much too much to do. He looked over at his pater to see if he was ready in case Lenoe lost it again before he tried to put the stake back in the spot he'd taken it out of just a short while ago.

Adley

Back to top Go down

June in Autumn, Sinister Plans and Chicago IC Thread 7 - Page 18 Empty Re: June in Autumn, Sinister Plans and Chicago IC Thread 7

Post by Tane Karyak Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:21 am

Friday:

And both things are actually true. I'm happy to see you want to go through with this. More of us willworkers helps the world, and a new face helps the older ones to see further away. Tane started to walk over to the place they had to go. you're opening our horizons and i thank you for that.

Saturday:

Once they went out, Tane closed the door with a smile. THey were good people and he thought they might even get along with time, but not without problems in the middle, that's for sure.
Then, Tane sat in the middle of the house, opening all windows. He sat with the legs crossed in the middle of the house, and looked around him. They passed little time together, but he had healed from wounds there. Coawa healed from the wounds of longing, same as he.
THey have chanted, dreamed, hoped. They have filled the house with the power of life. How little sleepers saw what they gave to their dwellings and the things they shared so much with.
But he saw.
He got naked, that was the first part. Feeling the house. He then put on his chest the mark of sight, an eye cutted in his chest with a ritual knife, just a ritual, painful but mostly unimportant wound. He then wrote the marks of all: Self in the South, Friends in the East, Others others in the West, and Home in the North. Then Heal in the ceiling, Life in the floor. Sight and Magick in the windows. Everything was written in his own blood.

Then, the ritual started. He sat in the living room, where LIFE was written, and started to chant. All the words started to form their own mantra as he took them as some sort of fine threads and with his hands, he sew them, turning them into a rope. That rope he made with a thread made of himself, and then, he set out to make a thread of the Great Home Spirit, just to add it to his beautiful work.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:58 am

Adley:

"Somehow I don't think that's how I'm going to open our conversation, Mr Lenoe..." He put his free hand out to one side then dropped it, in resignation.

"That might not be the best opening statement no...but then again it would definitively get her attention."

'It's understandable," he said, once his nervous chatter ran its course. "I don't think you are a coward, for what it is worth. If there's anything you would like that we can try to provide if we can given our time and trying to prevent the world as we know it, then now is the time to request it. Is this radio helping? Want a different station...?

Lenoe drew a deep breath again, a old habit that did seam to calm him a little.
"The radio helps yes and no...the channel is fine...it is mostly news and some historical programs and the kinds of music I like, a old folks channel I think Miss Day called it."
The vampire said with a bit of a smile.
"I do not think there is much else that can be done, but thank you."
He said earnestly.

You're probably sick of me apologizing for staking you by now, so I'll spare us both but the feeling remains. I will tell Tobias, if I get a chance to see him that you said you were fine."

The vampire gave a wry smile.
"Thank you..."
He muttered to both your statements.

Then he cleared his mind to the task he had to do, no use putting it off, there was much too much to do. He looked over at his pater to see if he was ready in case Lenoe lost it again before he tried to put the stake back in the spot he'd taken it out of just a short while ago.

Jeffry nodded and his hands where ready with the symbols he would use to hold the vampire down if he needed to. Lenoe gasps when he feel the point of the stake against the open wound in his chest and his hands grasped at the sheets fearfully. It was considerably easier to get the stake in this time, the wound was already there so one strike sent the weapon back into place. Dennis gave one, sharp scream of agony which was cut of as the stake hit it's mark, then he just lay there motionless, but his eyes where full of pain and terror.

Tane:

Friday:

And both things are actually true. I'm happy to see you want to go through with this. More of us willworkers helps the world, and a new face helps the older ones to see further away. Tane started to walk over to the place they had to go. you're opening our horizons and i thank you for that.

"You make it sound like some sort of superhero group Tane."
Lily said as she walked beside you.
"I am not sure if I am up for saving the world or making it a better place or any of that shit. I mean I might one day but right now I just want to talk with someone who will not dismiss me as insane for seeing things that others do not."
The girl said and sigh.
"So have you been like this for a long time? A willworker you said?"

Saturday:

You can feel the energies of the house, it's Resonance and in a way it's soul. Many thought that only human beings had souls, or at most that only living beings had them, but stones, things and houses had them as well, and they all sang now and responded to your call as you worked with your home's spirit.

(Tane please give me a arete roll for your rote, minus one difficulty for the very well written and detailed description of how he do his magick.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:31 am

"That might not be the best opening statement no...but then again it would definitively get her attention."

"There's good attention and -bad- attention..."

"The radio helps yes and no...the channel is fine...it is mostly news and some historical programs and the kinds of music I like, a old folks channel I think Miss Day called it." The vampire said with a bit of a smile. "I do not think there is much else that can be done, but thank you." He said earnestly

Adley made a 'tsking' sound, seeing the band the radio was set on. "I like that channel," he said in its defense.

Dennis gave one, sharp scream of agony which was cut of as the stake hit it's mark, then he just lay there motionless, but his eyes where full of pain and terror.

He let go of the breath he'd been holding and then winced, looking at his dirty hands for a moment and then his colleague's painful expression. He put the weight down and then pulled the blankets back up the way they had been before, trying to mind the stake. When he got everything back as well as he could, he said, "We've got to be going, someone should be along soon." He hoped there would be better news about Tobias than this time, as well. Adley wrote out a quick note and then showed it to his mentor before they left. 'Is someone keeping watch over Bergen and Lenoe? I don't want Bergen near Lenoe, or anyone else he could harm.'

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:55 am

"There's good attention and -bad- attention..."

Lenoe grinned at that.
"Well not that is the truth."
He said.

Adley made a 'tsking' sound, seeing the band the radio was set on. "I like that channel," he said in its defense.

"Well to my defense I am an old man."
The vampire said as he glanced at the radio.
"As for you Mr Roth Hicks, perhaps you have an old soul."

He let go of the breath he'd been holding and then winced, looking at his dirty hands for a moment and then his colleague's painful expression. He put the weight down and then pulled the blankets back up the way they had been before, trying to mind the stake. When he got everything back as well as he could, he said, "We've got to be going, someone should be along soon." He hoped there would be better news about Tobias than this time, as well.

Dennis looked at you, he could not reply but he was trying to focus, weariness was coming back to the creature's eyes though, he was desperately tired but to afraid to sleep, though probably sleep would still come and soon, there was a limit to how long he could force himself to stay awake, the vampire's pain filled eyes followed you for a moment then they unfocused, the creature was exhausted.

Adley wrote out a quick note and then showed it to his mentor before they left. 'Is someone keeping watch over Bergen and Lenoe? I don't want Bergen near Lenoe, or anyone else he could harm.'

Your mentor quickly scribbled a reply under your message.
"Mr Bergen is under guard. Miss Day have been tending to Mr Lenoe but she have not been on a permanent guard duty, I will however tell her to come down and see to him, I suspect that if he do not fall back asleep right away he could use some company."
The old mage handed the note back to you.

It is about this time your phone beeps and you get the message from Colin.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:10 am

"Well to my defense I am an old man." The vampire said as he glanced at the radio. "As for you Mr Roth Hicks, perhaps you have an old soul."

He gave a faint smile at that. "Well, it is not like the History Channel ever plays anything actually historical any longer," he said. Then he sobered again, knowing time was short.

Dennis looked at you, he could not reply but he was trying to focus, weariness was coming back to the creature's eyes though, he was desperately tired but to afraid to sleep, though probably sleep would still come and soon...

"Try to rest, if you can," he added.

"Mr Bergen is under guard. Miss Day have been tending to Mr Lenoe but she have not been on a permanent guard duty, I will however tell her to come down and see to him, I suspect that if he do not fall back asleep right away he could use some company." The old mage handed the note back to you.

(Colin) shook his head and fished out his phone, quickly tapping out a message to Adley, "I'm back, and I have a Mercere with a letter for you here. Where are you?"

He read it over, nodded and then put the notebook away as they headed back outside. Hearing his phone message alert, he picked it out and read the message, looking relieved. He showed it to his pater, with a raised eyebrow. Who would be sending him a letter? "It looks like food will have to wait, I need to clean all this off anyway," he said, looking at his hands. Handling a bloody stake was not the cleanest work ever done. "Should I tell Colin to come see you?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:50 am

He gave a faint smile at that. "Well, it is not like the History Channel ever plays anything actually historical any longer," he said. Then he sobered again, knowing time was short.

"No they tend to be all alien conspiracies and programs about celebrities now a days."
The vampire said and sigh and right then he really did sound like an old man, though he did not look more than at most mid forties.

"Try to rest, if you can," he added.

The vampire glanced at you with groggy eyes, he was terrified but chances was he would have no choice but to rest.

He read it over, nodded and then put the notebook away as they headed back outside. Hearing his phone message alert, he picked it out and read the message, looking relieved. He showed it to his pater, with a raised eyebrow. Who would be sending him a letter?

Jeffry read the message and gave a bit of a smile.
"It seams our young Orphan is hardly back at the Chantry before he get involved in something else that require our attention."
He muttered though he did look both amused and a bit apprehensive of what the letter might contain after all things had not been going well lately.

"It looks like food will have to wait, I need to clean all this off anyway," he said, looking at his hands. Handling a bloody stake was not the cleanest work ever done. "Should I tell Colin to come see you?"

"Yes do send him to see me...and Adley make sure you get all of that blood of...remember it is a poison and I do not know how much is needed for there to be a problem, at least if you get more exposure over time."
Your mentor said in a concerned tone of voice, sometimes he could not help but be a bit of a hen mother to his apprentices.
"Clean yourself up and then see what this letter is about...I have to check by my office anyway."
The old mage said sounding tired. Off course food had to wait, it was one thing after the other it seamed.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:07 am

"It seams our young Orphan is hardly back at the Chantry before he get involved in something else that require our attention."
He muttered though he did look both amused and a bit apprehensive of what the letter might contain after all things had not been going well lately.

"Well, maybe he's got some other news, too. Should I wait for him to fill you in before I make that phone call?"

"Yes do send him to see me...and Adley make sure you get all of that blood of...remember it is a poison and I do not know how much is needed for there to be a problem, at least if you get more exposure over time."

He grimaced. "I will do that right away."

"Clean yourself up and then see what this letter is about...I have to check by my office anyway." The old mage said sounding tired.

"Alright, I'll tell him to check in with you. Then we can catch up all of us as soon as we can." He typed a quick message out to Colin. 'Heading to my room'

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:13 am

Colin read the reply, "Ah, excellent, he's on his way... Mrs. Von Hess, you have a nice day, and enjoy your dinner. Miss Mayer, Mr. Roth Hicks' apartment is this way."
He smiled and lead the way.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:39 am

Adley:

"Well, maybe he's got some other news, too. Should I wait for him to fill you in before I make that phone call?"

"No that should not be necessary, just make the call when you have checked out that letter."

He grimaced. "I will do that right away."

"Good, make sure you get all of it."
Jeffry said in a concerned tone of voice.

"Alright, I'll tell him to check in with you. Then we can catch up all of us as soon as we can." He typed a quick message out to Colin. 'Heading to my room'

"Yes that do sound like a plan."
The old mage said and nodded as he begun to head for his office.

Colin:

Julia nods she curtsy and gave you a polite smile.
"Good day Mr Wainwright."
She said then she smiles to Rita.
"And to you as well, I will make sure my husband get his magazine."
She said before you left.

The Mercere nodded and followed you as you led the way towards Adley's apartment.

(OOC: It seams I have done a bit of a time line oops, I am going to blame Wrinkle. Colin off course would have spoken with Jeffry after Adley and his mentor spoke with Lenoe and before he met up with Rita, sorry about that but it is a minor issue and everything that should have happened have happened so let us just have Adley and Colin meet up and I will try to keep such mistakes to a minimum, sorry.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:30 pm

"No that should not be necessary, just make the call when you have checked out that letter."

"I will do that then."

"Yes that do sound like a plan." The old mage said and nodded as he begun to head for his office.

"Very well, but then you should heed Cita's advice. If not for your own sake, than mine," he teased slightly. "I can bring some food down to the node, I should see if everyone's had something to eat..."

// well, whoops - I can always change the posts I made a bit, since I figure Adley will still be in his room by then possibly just having talked to Lenoe's sire? Or just roll with it, whatever you guys want.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:43 pm

"I will do that then."

"Very well I will see you then."
The old magus said.

"Very well, but then you should heed Cita's advice. If not for your own sake, than mine," he teased slightly. "I can bring some food down to the node, I should see if everyone's had something to eat..."

"Well for such a small woman, she sure can get scary when she is angry."
Jeffry said and his smile said that he liked that about the Virtual Adept Master of the Art.
"I guess I will have to take her advice...I do not like it but I know tactically I am quite useful in a fight and like this I would be no good on a battlefield. I probably should go to the Node and meditate as soon as I have spoken with Mr Wainwright, I just hope it will not upset the Mercere."
The old mage said then he nodded.
"Checking on the ones at the Node might be a good idea and I do not know if they have arranged with any food."
Jeffry agreed.

(OOC: Well it is just a few minutes here and there that some scenes are placed wrong in time so for me it works well to just roll with it since the scenes have been played just a little bit in the wrong order. What if we just play out the scene with Adley calling Lenoe's Sire at the same time as he meet up with Colin and just say it happens before Colin arrive to adjust things a little bit the same way we have played out things happening in different times in the past?)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:58 pm

He nodded to his pater. "Very well then." He headed to his room once they got to the landing to the first floor, up the stairs. He looked at his hands and felt a wave of disgust. Average, regular human blood was one thing, none too pleasant but vampire blood, knowing what it had done to poor Tobias...he wanted to wash his hands three times over with a nailbrush and then bask them in sunlight. He found himself hurrying...

// whatever works for you and Warp

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:05 pm

You get back to your room, the blood drying on your hands as you hurry. You get a bit of a look from Rosa as you pass her in the hallway, the girl would have expected one of the Verbena to have bloody hands, since all three of them used it for foci, but when the Hermetics where so adorned and especially a Flambeau that was more of a cause for concern, the young newly Awakened mage said nothing though she just gave you a bit of a nod before she hurried down the hallway to wherever she was headed, at least in your room you can scrub your hands clean in peace.

(OOC: It works for me if it works for the two of you, I do try to avoid continuity errors but at times I do screw up.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:05 pm

((OOC: So, if I got it right, Adley's spoken with Lenoe at the same time Colin and Adjan return to the Chantry, so Colin starts his little runaround to Morgan, then the Node, then the front door immediately after... so Adley's been at his apartment for a bit scrubbing up before Colin sends the message instead? Works for me...))

Colin gently tapped on Adley's door and waited for a response.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:22 pm

(OOC: Yes that sounds about right. I mean it can take a little time to scrub vampire blood of his hands and in addition Adley was planning on taking some food down to the Node so he will have something to do in his apartment for the few minutes needed for everything to get back into order and make Wrinkle happy again.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:33 pm

He nodded to Rosa...yes, he knew what he looked like but there really wasn't much to be done about it. He got inside and gave his hands a careful scrub, under the nails, every little bit. He also cleaned the door handle as well, having had to touch it to get in. Then he ran himself through a quick shower. Much shorter than he would have liked but there was hardly any time for luxuries like shaving. His beard was starting to itch and look a bit wilder than he liked it but there was something about the city being in immediate peril that put a dampener on his fastidiousness. Even so, something as simple as cleaning up after however many hours it had been felt amazing, a luxury in itself. Not something to be taken for granted again. Then he opened up the window shades to see if there really was any sunlight out, or if it had clouded over and give himself a good soak for a good minute.

He checked his rather bare fridge and found whatever was left of his eggs. Eggs, toast, sandwiches and oatmeal had become staples. Then he went across the hall to check if Bee had any porridge left to bring to her, along with some food to the Mercere. By the time Colin got to his door, his hair was still towel-damp and he had put on a fresh set of clothing but the same jacket. He opened it to let him in, grinning in relief that he seemed to be whole and not riddled by primium. "Colin, I'm glad to see you." Then his face turned to one of annoyance, just like a thundercloud had passed in front of a summer sun. "It's a good thing that I'm too glad to see you to want to kick your ass for worrying me like that anymore," he added, the look fading as quick as it had cropped up, taking note of the other person with him. "Ah, hello," he said with a polite smile, his reserved nature returning as he noted the redcap.

// yeah that sounds about right to me, can just say he got the message when he was on his way back from the node then! LOL yes we all want Wrinkle to be happy D: hahaha

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:38 pm

Colin nodded, "I'm glad to see you, too, as was the Chief... you didn't mention that Mr. Northwind was doing poorly on his own, and that was part of why I took the detour and delay? No matter, I expect there's a letter for you from Mr. Dale. Miss Mayer?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:46 pm

Adley raised an eyebrow at him. "Yes, I did tell him that but that's not the reason you stayed afterward," he said, but didn't elaborate further given he was in the hall. "Is he going to be okay?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:52 pm

There where sunlight out it was not very bright or warm, this was in autumn after all but it was enough to make you feel better after your talk with Lenoe.

There was still some left of the thick soup that Narim had made for Beatrice in her fridge, and her kitchen was considerably better stocked than yours, given that the Verbena girl actually enjoyed cooking, so there where vegetables, milk, chicken and other such food stuffs in the girl's fridge that probably should be used soon as by the time she would be well enough to cook again the food would be long past it's expiration date.

Rita stood quietly not talking as Adley greeted Colin, she did not want to intrude, only when the Hermetic address her did she give him a small bow and said.
"Good afternoon, my name is Rita Mayer Hermes bani Mercere, and I have been looking for the recipient for a somewhat oddball letter that was sent from a prisoner on Horizon to this Chantry, or rather to the apartment building Chantry in Boston as he clearly did not know the name of it. Mr Wainwright here think the recipient might be you Sir."
The Mercere said as she handed you a letter where the address line said the following:

"To the man that interrogated me at a Chantry in Boston, I do not know it's name but it was in an apartment building. I do not know the guy's name either but he was a Hermetic I think, he had dark hair and blue eyes and was sort of stuck up but kind."

Rita glanced at you.
"Do you think this letter might be for you Sir?"
She asked.
"And if it is not can you figure out where the hell I am supposed to deliver it, some seam to think Mercere magickally know where every letter is supposed to go...granted some of our Gifted members might have that ability though, still a name and address would be welcome and make things allot easier."
The woman grumbled.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:03 pm

He took some of the soup and put it in the microwave. He wouldn't take anything else though without at least asking, Master Nassa might be feeding his Verbena cabalmates for all he knew, but if it looked as if it wasn't being used then knowing it was there couldn't hurt. Given that his fridge was nearly empty, aside from pancake syrup and ketchup.

"Good afternoon, my name is Rita Mayer Hermes bani Mercere, and I have been looking for the recipient for a somewhat oddball letter that was sent from a prisoner on Horizon to this Chantry, or rather to the apartment building Chantry in Boston as he clearly did not know the name of it. Mr Wainwright here think the recipient might be you Sir."

"Well met, I am Adley Roth Hicks, bani Flambeau. How can I help you?" He took the letter and read it over, one eyebrow raising. He looked at Colin, and said in a sardonic tone, "And you were sure this was for me, I take it?" But then his expression shifted, frowning a little. Mr Dale...

"Do you think this letter might be for you Sir?" She asked. "And if it is not can you figure out where the hell I am supposed to deliver it, some seam to think Mercere magickally know where every letter is supposed to go...granted some of our Gifted members might have that ability though, still a name and address would be welcome and make things allot easier."

"Yes, I do believe this is for me, thank you Mrs Mayer. It's something of a special case, not your usual sort of mistake where you forget an address. Has it been paid for already?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:14 pm

Rita nodded when you ask if the delivery was paid for.
"Yes Mr Roth Hicks, it was paid for, all I know is that a prisoner's attorney came to our offices and delivered the letter, not that it is that unusual for prisoners to send correspondences."
The woman confirmed.
"Well as long as I know the Chantry name I can usually find the recipient as someone will know where the letter is supposed to go."
Rita said then she nodded.
"Well it was nice to meet you Sir, but since all the letters I had for this Chantry was delivered I should get going I have an appointment in Worcester in oh..."
She checked her watch.
"Three hours and I do not want to be late so unless there is anything else I can do for any of you I should get going."
The Mercere said politely.

Once you get to read Patrick's letter this is what it says:

"Hello
I realize I do not know your name, but I do not know who else to contact, it would have to be either you or the two Germans who brought me here. I doubt you will believe what I have to say given what I am, I mean I probably would not believe it if our roles where reversed, but I felt I had to tell someone and you can do with it what you want. You convinced me that the Nephandi used me as badly as...the Director did, I made a mistake in joining them and entering that thing...I realize that now...a little to late I guess but anyway I owe them no loyalty. Perhaps I can begin to make amends to...well hell if I know I am a Technocrat I do not believe in a higher power. Anyway today I was sat down and questioned by the persecutor I guess, he called himself a Ques...what the fuck they are called, a enforcer of some kind, and while he was talking to me, more yelling at me but anyway during the meeting another man came in, I have never laid eyes on him before, but I have heard his voice, his voice is distinct for he speaks with this thick, very old Italian accent. I have heard this man's voice in the Labyrinth. Like I said I was confined to my room most of the time I was there and only met a handful of people, but I heard quite a few talk and this Italian was one of them. Now he whispered something to the persecutor and then glared at me, he spoke some pleasantries again to the persecutor and left so I never learned his name, but he was tall and handsome with dark hair and almond shaped dark eyes, he looked like he would fit in an advertisement for expensive watches. Well anyway that is all I wanted to say that there was someone who had been in the Labyrinth here on Horizon and he had the same symbol around his neck as a persecutor, a set of measuring scales, that is the symbol of the Ques...ehm...what are they called again? Your Enforcers? Is it not. Well you can believe what I am telling you or not, that is ok.
Be Well
Patrick Dale"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:39 pm

Colin shrugged, "He will be fine, by all accounts. It's a bit of a story; I'll elaborate in private."
He gave Rita a quick bow, "Godspeed, Miss Mayer; we'll not delay you further."
He turned to Adley again and held up the still-wrapped bouquet of flowers, "Well, I need to bring these to Miss Adelbloom, before she sees me. I expect she has already been informed that I made a rash, careless decision at the docks..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:56 pm

Rita Mayer gave both Colin and Adley a polite bow.
"Very well then gentlemen I will take my leave."
The Mercere said.
"Oh and Mr Wainwright thank you for your help in finding the recipients for the letters I had to deliver, you saved me some time I appreciate it."
The woman said before she left and walked down the corridor towards the exit.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:44 pm

Rita nodded when you ask if the delivery was paid for. "Yes Mr Roth Hicks, it was paid for, all I know is that a prisoner's attorney came to our offices and delivered the letter, not that it is that unusual for prisoners to send correspondences." The woman confirmed.

"Very good," he said with a nod and took the letter from her. It would never due to leave a letter unpaid, after all.

"Well it was nice to meet you Sir, but since all the letters I had for this Chantry was delivered I should get going I have an appointment in Worcester in oh..." She checked her watch. "Three hours and I do not want to be late so unless there is anything else I can do for any of you I should get going."

Colin shrugged, "He will be fine, by all accounts. It's a bit of a story; I'll elaborate in private." He gave Rita a quick bow, "Godspeed, Miss Mayer; we'll not delay you further."

"Good," he said to Colin and then didn't pry further. Then as he held the letter, he requested to Mrs Mayer, "Please let me just see if this should require a reply. "He turned slightly into his room to skim it, so that the letter would not be easily seen by prying eyes. A frown traced his face and then he put it away, stepping back out toward the Mercere. "Thank you, we won't keep you," he said, echoing Colin.

He turned to Adley again and held up the still-wrapped bouquet of flowers, "Well, I need to bring these to Miss Adelbloom, before she sees me. I expect she has already been informed that I made a rash, careless decision at the docks..."

He noticed the flowers for the first time and gave a mock pout.  "You mean they're not for me? Ever the groomsman," he teased. "There is someone I need to talk to then we should all get together again before something else turns up. I'd like to hear about your venture, and then there's this." He waved the letter. "More news. Please send my regards to Mrs Addlebloom."

//I'll assume that Adley will go to the node with the food and help Bee with the soup, before he meets Colin since that would make sense and fill in the time gap!

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24 ... 30  Next