Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Difficult Choice, Martha and Missing Widderslaintes IC Thread 9

5 posters

Page 14 of 30 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22 ... 30  Next

Go down

A Difficult Choice, Martha and Missing Widderslaintes IC Thread 9 - Page 14 Empty Re: A Difficult Choice, Martha and Missing Widderslaintes IC Thread 9

Post by Adley 18.03.16 16:26

"Hey easier is better if I can assist by pulling something up on google there is no need to use magick, I do not tend to get flashy if I do not have to...The young woman assured you. "But yes, I will tell you, eventually. Colin do know what is wrong though. Anyway just get this Molly to safety and do not worry about me."

"I understand," he said. It wasn't like he'd told them all about everything that had happened to him either...at least not until he thought he had to, much like her. "I feel better knowing you will have our back. Can you can also let Francesca know we're out, please?"

He gave Joakim a quick salute, "Right... Adley, do we distribute ourselves like earlier, or do we pile into one car, since we're a smaller party this time around?"
"Well in either case that still makes five, and then we have one more person to bring with us once we save her...we might need two cars, however we also want to attract as little attention as possible so it might be wiser if we do not all go."

"We should bring someone capable of healing and given her investitures, someone ranked well to deal with spirits," he suggested.

"If need be then call, better call one time to often than one time to late." The hedge wizard said. "Well then I think all that is left for me is to wish you all good luck and do stay safe."

He smiled faintly at that, reminded of his pater. "Yes sir. Thank you."

Adley

Back to top Go down

A Difficult Choice, Martha and Missing Widderslaintes IC Thread 9 - Page 14 Empty Re: A Difficult Choice, Martha and Missing Widderslaintes IC Thread 9

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze 18.03.16 17:22

"I understand," he said. It wasn't like he'd told them all about everything that had happened to him either...at least not until he thought he had to, much like her. "I feel better knowing you will have our back. Can you can also let Francesca know we're out, please?"

Freddy nodded and gave a bit of a smile but she looked a little pale as if she was not looking forwards to that conversation if it became necessary.
"I will tell Fran, and yes I will try to have as much information you might need as possible ready for you when you need it."
She said proudly, information was her trade.

"We should bring someone capable of healing and given her investitures, someone ranked well to deal with spirits," he suggested.

"I will be able to deal with Spirits."
Adjan said.
"Healing however not so much, but then that is more Dr Lee's department."
Kristina spoke up.
"Well I am a healer and I also are fairly well versed when it comes to spirits, though I can not harm them, merely banish them back where they belong."
She said.
"Though my healing tend to be rather messy and vulgar, just so that is said Mr Roth Hicks."

He smiled faintly at that, reminded of his pater. "Yes sir. Thank you."

"Very well then if you will excuse me I have rounds to walk and an apprentice to check up on."
He said and gave a nod of his head before he went into his office to put away the keys to one of the cells and then left again and headed for the stairs.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley 18.03.16 21:12

"I will tell Fran, and yes I will try to have as much information you might need as possible ready for you when you need it."
She said proudly, information was her trade.

"Good, here are the keys to the Kia in case people here need to run backup with it. Oh, and the phone...see if you can find the person Adjan just mentioned to follow up on Martha's call," he said, trying to recall his name.

"Well I am a healer and I also are fairly well versed when it comes to spirits, though I can not harm them, merely banish them back where they belong." She said. "Though my healing tend to be rather messy and vulgar, just so that is said Mr Roth Hicks."

"I'm familiar," he said. "Well then, just one thing - you still need to follow up with your Chief on that potential situation we discussed earlier," he said, meaning the state of the under-ptrotected node. "If you need to work on that, then perhaps the rest of us should go, though your expert help is appreciated of course. That, or Dr Lee can stay here should he like, see to Freddy and be ready when we come back in. First point remains, however; someone will need to fill the Chief in on that. The rest who are leaving should get ready, time is ticking."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze 18.03.16 21:25

"Good, here are the keys to the Kia in case people here need to run backup with it. Oh, and the phone...see if you can find the person Adjan just mentioned to follow up on Martha's call," he said, trying to recall his name.

Freddy nodded and took the keys.
"I will take care of it."
She said meaning the phone.

"I'm familiar," he said. "Well then, just one thing - you still need to follow up with your Chief on that potential situation we discussed earlier," he said, meaning the state of the under-ptrotected node. "If you need to work on that, then perhaps the rest of us should go, though your expert help is appreciated of course.

"I should probably discuss it with him as it have some urgency."
Kristina said.
"Unless you think you will need my help to get this person to safety I should probably go and speak with the Chief."

That, or Dr Lee can stay here should he like, see to Freddy and be ready when we come back in.

"I do not know your ally here Mr Roth Hicks but if he is a medical doctor he might be able to offer healing in a far less messy way than I so he might be more useful when working in an area where there might be allot of sleepers, also as I can travel through the Umbra if need be I should be able to get to you rather quickly if there is an emergency."
Kristina said with a bit of a smile.

First point remains, however; someone will need to fill the Chief in on that. The rest who are leaving should get ready, time is ticking."

"Very well then to make this decision short, I will go and speak with the Chief and if you need me here is my number."
The Verbena said and scribbled something down on a piece of paper from her pocket.
"Just call me and I should get there as soon as possible."

Adjan nodded "Well I am ready, we should go and see if Miss Adlebloom have the supplies we need in the entrance hall and then get going, every minute extra we use is more more minute for the Nephandi to act on their missing woman and perhaps put this hostage in greater danger."
He said and instead of saying anything else he just started walking towards the Chantry's entrance hall.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley 18.03.16 21:43

Freddy nodded and took the keys. "I will take care of it." She said meaning the phone.

"Thank you."

"Very well then to make this decision short, I will go and speak with the Chief and if you need me here is my number."
The Verbena said and scribbled something down on a piece of paper from her pocket.
"Just call me and I should get there as soon as possible."

"Good, thank you," he said, taking the number. "That settles that," he said.

Adjan nodded "Well I am ready, we should go and see if Miss Adlebloom have the supplies we need in the entrance hall and then get going, every minute extra we use is more more minute for the Nephandi to act on their missing woman and perhaps put this hostage in greater danger."

He nodded in agreement and turned towards the hall as well. "Right, Colin you've got the keys to the other car. Adjan knows where we're going. Let's go."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze 18.03.16 22:03

"Good, thank you," he said, taking the number. "That settles that," he said.

Kristina gave a bow to the mages from Steelhaven then she nodded and hurried after the Chief, hoping to catch him before he reached his young apprentice to discuss the matter of the node with him.

He nodded in agreement and turned towards the hall as well. "Right, Colin you've got the keys to the other car. Adjan knows where we're going. Let's go."

Freddy stood in the hallway in one hand she held a metal first aid kid, the other a set of cuffs with runes carved into them, something to prevent magick probably.
"Ok you should have everything you need in this kit, including bandages, painkillers and apparently something what will knock you out cold for hours."
She said and handed the kit to Adley.
"One of the Sentinels lent me these."
She said handling the Hermetic the cuffs as well.
"Apparently they will dampen but not stop magick completely, they should make a captured mage allot more easy to deal with off course, and if that do not work then you have the knock out juice in the medical kit...do you need anything else?"
The Virtual Adept asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind 18.03.16 23:16

Colin nodded to Kristina, "With all due respect, miss, the only thing close to the healing ability of the Verbena I have seen is that of the Progenitors... but while the Progenitors' methods are decidedly less messy, they're also a somewhat less... morally palatable. I believe that under the circumstances, what with a likely Sleeper presence, we'll be safer relying on our, hm, representative for a middle ground here. His work is impeccable, though perhaps a little less immediately effective. Still, I wouldn't necessarily expect we need large pieces replaced... I'm certain we can manage to call if necessary."
He twirled the key ring on his finger, and turned toward the garage, "Now, Adley, me, Dr. Lee and Mr. Terach, and that's the whole team? Yes, the ride should at least be comfortable. Mr. Terach, you've got the map - I'll have to ask you to ride shotgun."

((OOC: Long day at work, and then out to eat dinner with some friends of my schnookums. Memo to self: Lamb Szechuan is tasty, but *hot*. Very Happy ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley 19.03.16 0:19

Still, I wouldn't necessarily expect we need large pieces replaced... I'm certain we can manage to call if necessary." He twirled the key ring on his finger, and turned toward the garage, "Now, Adley, me, Dr. Lee and Mr. Terach, and that's the whole team? Yes, the ride should at least be comfortable. Mr. Terach, you've got the map - I'll have to ask you to ride shotgun."

"Yes, that's us, unless we need to call assistance," he agreed. He followed them out last to the car, glancing around at whomever might be present as they left.

"Ok you should have everything you need in this kit, including bandages, painkillers and apparently something what will knock you out cold for hours...do you need anything else?"

"I seriously hope we do not," he said, taking the kit and cuffs from her. The cuffs he put away in his jacket but the kit he held out towards Doctor Lee so he could examine the contents. At least they were better prepared then they had been last time, to take someone with them. Now to get to her. "Thank you," he said to her. "Wish us good luck."

// Well now I am jealous of your dinner, lamb is delicious xD

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze 19.03.16 7:20

Colin nodded to Kristina, "With all due respect, miss, the only thing close to the healing ability of the Verbena I have seen is that of the Progenitors... but while the Progenitors' methods are decidedly less messy, they're also a somewhat less... morally palatable.

"I agree Mr Wainwright, when sleepers are around my methods can be a bit to messy...as for the Progenitors...well now they are good at what they do but...yes they do not have much morals."
She agreed and her eyes narrowed at the mention of them.

I believe that under the circumstances, what with a likely Sleeper presence, we'll be safer relying on our, hm, representative for a middle ground here. His work is impeccable, though perhaps a little less immediately effective. Still, I wouldn't necessarily expect we need large pieces replaced... I'm certain we can manage to call if necessary."

"Agreed and yes if you need my help, then do call and I will be there as soon as possible."
The Verbena said and nodded.

He twirled the key ring on his finger, and turned toward the garage, "Now, Adley, me, Dr. Lee and Mr. Terach, and that's the whole team? Yes, the ride should at least be comfortable. Mr. Terach, you've got the map - I'll have to ask you to ride shotgun."

"Very well, and yes I do know where we are going."
Adjan said as he nodded to Colin and then glanced at Freddy's supplies.
"I think that should do it Miss Adlebloom."

"Yes, that's us, unless we need to call assistance," he agreed. He followed them out last to the car, glancing around at whomever might be present as they left.

A pale man with orange hair in jeans and a teshirt crossed the hall as you left, and a small group of women stood giggling in in the hallway, they seamed very preocupied with their conversation, other than that there did not seam to be anyone around right now.

"I seriously hope we do not," he said, taking the kit and cuffs from her. The cuffs he put away in his jacket but the kit he held out towards Doctor Lee so he could examine the contents. At least they were better prepared then they had been last time, to take someone with them. Now to get to her. "Thank you," he said to her. "Wish us good luck."

"Good luck."
Freddy said and smiled.
"Don't get dead."

Adjan nodded then he gave a bow to Freddy and begun to head towards the garage.

The medical kit contains everything you will find in a standard first aid kit, in addition there are some antibiotics, some strong painkillers, a pretty strong sedative, some syringes and what you need to suture up a cut.

(OOC: Sorry for the late reply I slept in today. Razz Oh and yes indeed lamb is delicious.)

Last edited by Anja Rebekka Schultze on 19.03.16 11:51; edited 1 time in total
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind 19.03.16 10:54

Colin strode slightly ahead of the pack down to the car, quickly scanning the garage for others before unlocking the car and getting in.

((OOC: "Medical kids"? "Lab is delicious"? Autocorrect is not being kind to you this morning, is it? Wink Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze 19.03.16 11:51

There was one woman in her 40's that was getting into a small, pale blue Audi and getting ready to go, wherever she was headed, other than that the garage was rather quiet.

Adjan got into the car next to Colin.
"Are we ready to go?"
He asked as he watched the pale haired woman navigate her Audi out of the garage.

(OOC: Yeah it hate me, I think I have to sacrifice a goat to it.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley 19.03.16 16:33

Adley got into the back, behind the passenger side and buckled up. He went over everything as best as he could, trying to keep everything together and his mind focused. But it seemed like the more stress there was, the more protective of his friends he got, and the more ideas, questions and worries popped into his mind. It was starting to get hard to remember everything and there was never enough time to get what they needed to do accomplished. As everyone got settled in and the doors were closed, he said, "Before we go over a general plan here, I was thinking...we've got these two chantries that can't agree on how to divvie up their shared resources. I wonder how hard it would be to convince them to donate it to a good cause. Namely, ours...just a thought for when we get back." There wasn't any doubt that they could really use 50 drams of tass, either directly for the next day or as a trap. He scratched at his neck irritably and then put his head back against the seat. "Now, let's go get Molly..."

// I'm going to be out for most of the afternoon but I will reply when I get a chance = )

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze 19.03.16 16:48

"Well you did notice Mrs Knox when she spoke about Lavender, the mages of Morningstar do not like their neighboring Chantry very much and if the feeling is mutual then yes, perhaps stopping the Nephandi is a cause they might be willing to donate the Tass to, if for nothing else then to spite one another..."
Adjan said then he sigh.
"The question off course is if they realize how much of a problem the Nephandi is, in Boston we have felt the effect of Larson's plans, but here in Chicago it do not seams like they have done allot to make a nuisance of themselves yet, so the question is if we will be believed as to how dangerous this uprising of the Fallen really is."
The Euthanatos continued.
"I do like the idea though."
He said then he nodded to Colin.
"Go towards the city core then take to the left and go North."
The directed before he said.
"We should probably use the time as we drive to Jerkins' apartment to go over a general plan for when we get there, hopefully it will be as easy as stop the car, go in and get the girl but things might get more complicated. The apartment is over what was once a hairdresser's shop, this locale is now empty but there are two apartments on the second floor, Jerkins' and one more."
The death magus looked out the door as they drove.
"I hope the neighbors are not going to be a problem, and that they are sleepers and preferably not home...I could do a rote to better the chances of that but if they are magi then they might notice my magick and that will complicate things."
He said then he sigh.
"We should also decide beforehand how much time we will use to search around Jerkins' apartment for anything that might be of use to us after we get Miss Molly, every moment we stay are one more moment where we and the one we are rescuing is not safe, but then again her home might have invaluable clues as to the plans Abigail have for the city."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley 19.03.16 16:58

"I think that the Chief here can be convinced that there is enough danger...and that one of the leaders has a personal interest might increase their willingness to assist. I don't know how Lavender will take the idea, but the node would also be protected for a short while if they gave us the tass, since it would no longer be a spot to hit. They could then conserve their personnel in watching it. And it would replenish itself within a week, we are not asking to commandeer it forever after all. I think it's worth a try if we can manage a minute to bring it up to the Chief and Deaconess."

He listened to what Adjan had to say and then said, "Again, we should primarily be concerned with getting this girl out. While someone is seeing what faction she belongs to so we know where to go and checking her helath, some others else can have a look around. My main concern is that there will be a bunch of spirit watchers and traps. Or that this entire set up is a trap. But you are right, we should also be concerned about the general neighborhood," he agreed.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze 19.03.16 17:12

"I think that the Chief here can be convinced that there is enough danger...and that one of the leaders has a personal interest might increase their willingness to assist.

"That is true, we might want to ask for a meeting with him about this when we get back."
Adjan agreed.

I don't know how Lavender will take the idea, but the node would also be protected for a short while if they gave us the tass, since it would no longer be a spot to hit. They could then conserve their personnel in watching it. And it would replenish itself within a week, we are not asking to commandeer it forever after all. I think it's worth a try if we can manage a minute to bring it up to the Chief and Deaconess."

"I agree, the question is just how much is there, if the node produce 50 units a week and all they ever spend of it are a few drams to pay for some Batini guards then there might be quite a bit more there than we can ask for and the Node would still be a target."
The Euthanatos said.
"But yes discussing the matter would be wise, and it would be a win win for us if we can get them to agree, we get more resources to fight against the Nephandi and the Fallen loose a potential target to corrupt, everyone wins...well except the Nephandi and we do not really want them to win after all."

He listened to what Adjan had to say and then said, "Again, we should primarily be concerned with getting this girl out. While someone is seeing what faction she belongs to so we know where to go and checking her helath,

"I agree...we will need to check her Avatar as well, not just her physical health, she have been in Nephandi hands..."
Adjan said, he did not have to elaborate there was always a danger that the prisoner of the Fallen would have been coerced into entering the Caul.

some others else can have a look around. My main concern is that there will be a bunch of spirit watchers and traps. Or that this entire set up is a trap. But you are right, we should also be concerned about the general neighborhood," he agreed.

"We will have to scry for spirits and also other kinds of wards, none went off when Miss Adlebloom did her rote so there might not be any major ones, but we should check, just to be sure before entering the apartment."
The death magus said, still glancing out the window.
"If there are spirit guardians we will have to see if we can deal with them or if we just have to keep them occupied, grab the girl and run."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind 19.03.16 18:05

Colin nodded and got the car in gear, "Well, as for getting past any neighbours, we do have the advantage of having the actual key; one of you could explain that since miss Jerkins will be away for some time, we're doing her a favour and watering her plants for her, that sort of thing. Er, one of you would have to be our face for this one, though; I'm too terrible a liar for that."
He patted his jacket pocket, "As for looking for wards before going in, I can do that - if I can't see that sort of thing with my monocle, well, then she's vastly subtler than the one who placed the wards on Mr. Bergen's windows."
He pondered, "You two know more of the politics than I do; if you think we can convince two rival Chantries to give us the surplus of their Node, I'm all for it... but if these Batini are guarding it, and the Fallen have accessed it, I'd have to question the safety of trusting the protections on the Node. In fact, I'd be more worried about some trap at the Node than at miss Jerkins' apartment - oh, she'll have protections of some sort, certainly, but I deem it unlikely she would put anything more elaborate than the equivalent of a burglar alarm and a few fatal wards on doors and windows; most likely nothing that would leave a mess on the hallway floor."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze 19.03.16 18:18

Colin nodded and got the car in gear, "Well, as for getting past any neighbours, we do have the advantage of having the actual key; one of you could explain that since miss Jerkins will be away for some time, we're doing her a favour and watering her plants for her, that sort of thing. Er, one of you would have to be our face for this one, though; I'm too terrible a liar for that."

"Good idea...well any of us can tell that story if we have to but let us hope we do not have to deal with the neighbors at all."
Adjan said as he watched the road.
"But yes such a simple lie would be believable...if the neighbors are sleepers that is, if they are not then we might be having a bit more of an issue."

He patted his jacket pocket, "As for looking for wards before going in, I can do that - if I can't see that sort of thing with my monocle, well, then she's vastly subtler than the one who placed the wards on Mr. Bergen's windows."

"You look for wards Mr Wainwright and I and Adley will look for any spirit guardians or watchers, let us hope she do not have any more like the one she summoned in the apartment building lurking around, one was quite enough."

He pondered, "You two know more of the politics than I do; if you think we can convince two rival Chantries to give us the surplus of their Node, I'm all for it... but if these Batini are guarding it, and the Fallen have accessed it, I'd have to question the safety of trusting the protections on the Node.

"I will hazard a guess that the Node is safe as for now or Morningstar would probably have heard something from the Batini...or lost contact with them, but if the Nephandi decide to strike at the Node then four Battini and a few wards will not help much, not with the amount of force we know these Fallen have under their command."
Adjan said then he grinned.
"As for talking Morningstar and Lavender into letting us have the tass to defeat the Nephandi think of it this way, you and someone you really do not like are arguing over a big bowl of candies...now you have the problem that the school bully that you both hate are coming for that bowl, but you do not what your rival to have it either, giving it to someone else that you do not hate might seam like a better solution, if nothing else then to spite your rival..."

In fact, I'd be more worried about some trap at the Node than at miss Jerkins' apartment

"Perhaps but then the four Batini would have to be either dead or inn on it, and while I will not rule that out as a possibility, still it do make it less likely that the Nephandi have been able to do something with the Node."

oh, she'll have protections of some sort, certainly, but I deem it unlikely she would put anything more elaborate than the equivalent of a burglar alarm and a few fatal wards on doors and windows; most likely nothing that would leave a mess on the hallway floor."

"Yes...well mess or no let us try to not fall into her traps, I might be Euthanatos Mr Wainwright but I do not feel like dying today."
Adjan said with another rare grin.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley 19.03.16 23:22

"But yes discussing the matter would be wise, and it would be a win win for us if we can get them to agree, we get more resources to fight against the Nephandi and the Fallen loose a potential target to corrupt, everyone wins...well except the Nephandi and we do not really want them to win after all."
He pondered, "You two know more of the politics than I do; if you think we can convince two rival Chantries to give us the surplus of their Node, I'm all for it... but if these Batini are guarding it, and the Fallen have accessed it, I'd have to question the safety of trusting the protections on the Node.

"Assuming it still matters by the time we get back, then it can't hurt to ask...I don't know they've noticed this node or not. It made sense to be concerned though, especially if we're depriving them of another one."

"We do have the key, true enough."

"I agree...we will need to check her Avatar as well, not just her physical health, she have been in Nephandi hands..."
Adjan said, he did not have to elaborate there was always a danger that the prisoner of the Fallen would have been coerced into entering the Caul.

"Do you know how to check for that kind of corruption? Sometimes I think I can see...something in people's eyes but that is hardly evidence."

"We will have to scry for spirits and also other kinds of wards, none went off when Miss Adlebloom did her rote so there might not be any major ones, but we should check, just to be sure before entering the apartment." The death magus said, still glancing out the window.
"If there are spirit guardians we will have to see if we can deal with them or if we just have to keep them occupied, grab the girl and run."

"Yes. Sounds sensible."

In fact, I'd be more worried about some trap at the Node than at miss Jerkins' apartment - oh, she'll have protections of some sort, certainly, but I deem it unlikely she would put anything more elaborate than the equivalent of a burglar alarm and a few fatal wards on doors and windows; most likely nothing that would leave a mess on the hallway floor."
"Perhaps but then the four Batini would have to be either dead or inn on it, and while I will not rule that out as a possibility, still it do make it less likely that the Nephandi have been able to do something with the Node."

"Yes...that could be. I hope not though. Someone keep an eye out for us being followed..."

"You look for wards Mr Wainwright and I and Adley will look for any spirit guardians or watchers, let us hope she do not have any more like the one she summoned in the apartment building lurking around, one was quite enough."

"Very well. Please let me know when we're nearing the apartment. Since I'm in the backseat here, I will take a few minutes to rest while I can, unless you need anything further from me."

// Well, the forum was not working for me until just now, hopefully it's just maintenance.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze 19.03.16 23:55

"Assuming it still matters by the time we get back, then it can't hurt to ask...I don't know they've noticed this node or not. It made sense to be concerned though, especially if we're depriving them of another one."

"Hopefully they have not noticed it, but you never know so we should be on our guard."
Adjan said and nodded.
"But yes it never hurts to ask."

"Do you know how to check for that kind of corruption? Sometimes I think I can see...something in people's eyes but that is hardly evidence."

"I can see an Avatar and touch it, though not do much more, I should be able to see if she is Fallen but more subtle forms of corruption probably not."
Adjan said then he nodded.
"Yeah at times...I can see something in Bee's eyes, I never really thought much about it, I mean I thought it was some Resonance and who am I to judge, but sometimes when we where sparring, there was this darkness there for a moment..."
He muttered.

"Yes. Sounds sensible."

"Hopefully we can banish it if there is a spirit there..."

"Yes...that could be. I hope not though. Someone keep an eye out for us being followed..."

"I am and I have not see any indication that we are yet."
The Euthanatos said his intelligent gray eyes watching the road, and the side view mirror carefully.

"Very well. Please let me know when we're nearing the apartment. Since I'm in the backseat here, I will take a few minutes to rest while I can, unless you need anything further from me."

"We are about fifteen minutes away, I will let you know when we get close, get some rest my friend."
Adjan said and glanced at the Hermetic in the rear view mirror for a moment before he went back to watching the road.

(OOC: Yeah it will do that sometimes.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind 20.03.16 1:25

Colin nodded briefly, "My examination rote, when at full power, does seem to quite vividly display any resonances that are fresh or persistent enough. I expect it would be quite an unpleasant matter to look directly at miss Alexander right now, but only from what was done to her, not from what is inherently her. Some of our Chantrymates are possessed of some interesting displays, in fact - intensely bright and vivid imagery reflecting their personalities and styles, and some of the apprentices have some very... enthusiastic and energetic displays of, well, explosions around themselves. In comparison, the wards on the Steelhaven Hall windows were of varying nature - some had been reinforced by miss Alexander and looked a little more... aggressive than the others. And of course, the tass storage room, and the Node itself, is painful to look at without the magical equivalent of sunglasses... The lively items in the storage, like the rather potent book, the somewhat absolute and implacable looking sextant, and the... er, slightly disturbing two swords. I can see everything that counts as the most recent, I think, and to be honest, it's a bit more information than I can comfortably process."
He gave Adjan a slightly tired smile, "Not, of course, that I would be spying on my fellows, or discuss anything I'd seen in colleagues suddenly stepping into my field of vision with anyone, unless there was anything qualifying as an excessively clear and present danger... And even then, it would not be something done lightly. I'm a staunch believer in privacy up until the point of strong cause for suspicion."
He took the turn Adjan had indicated, "As for the monster miss Jerkins conjured, I have a few... ideas as to how to remove it from the premises, if there's another like it at her apartment. Are you familiar with the 'carrot on a stick' principle?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley 20.03.16 1:50

Colin nodded briefly, "My examination rote, when at full power, does seem to quite vividly display any resonances that are fresh or persistent enough...I can see everything that counts as the most recent, I think, and to be honest, it's a bit more information than I can comfortably process."

"Just be careful Colin."

"I can see an Avatar and touch it, though not do much more, I should be able to see if she is Fallen but more subtle forms of corruption probably not." Adjan said then he nodded. "Yeah at times...I can see something in Bee's eyes, I never really thought much about it, I mean I thought it was some Resonance and who am I to judge, but sometimes when we where sparring, there was this darkness there for a moment..."He muttered.

"That should be sufficient for our purposes, I believe, if we also check for investments. I do not think it is just resonance, what you saw in her eyes." He'd seen something similar in Mr Bachemeir's eyes. Perhaps if he looked closer at his new brother, he would on occasion see it there also. It was troubling.

He took the turn Adjan had indicated, "As for the monster miss Jerkins conjured, I have a few... ideas as to how to remove it from the premises, if there's another like it at her apartment. Are you familiar with the 'carrot on a stick' principle?"

"Yes, but I'm running low on carrots. Continue..."

"We are about fifteen minutes away, I will let you know when we get close, get some rest my friend."Adjan said and glanced at the Hermetic in the rear view mirror for a moment before he went back to watching the road.

"Thank you," he muttered, closing his eyes and using the time for a short nap. For a second he felt as if he were back in the station wagon, going to the villa. Before he knew he didn't know anything at all. His head dipped towards his chest, his friends words drifting around him.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze 20.03.16 5:07

Colin nodded briefly, "My examination rote, when at full power, does seem to quite vividly display any resonances that are fresh or persistent enough. I expect it would be quite an unpleasant matter to look directly at miss Alexander right now, but only from what was done to her, not from what is inherently her. Some of our Chantrymates are possessed of some interesting displays, in fact - intensely bright and vivid imagery reflecting their personalities and styles, and some of the apprentices have some very... enthusiastic and energetic displays of, well, explosions around themselves.

"I suspect the same that if you where to look at...well the Resonances from rotes that cause pain and destruction are seldom pleasant."
Adjan said and sigh.
"Yes I can imagine that looking around the Chantry you get quite a display Mr Wainwright."

In comparison, the wards on the Steelhaven Hall windows were of varying nature - some had been reinforced by miss Alexander and looked a little more... aggressive than the others. And of course, the tass storage room, and the Node itself, is painful to look at without the magical equivalent of sunglasses... The lively items in the storage, like the rather potent book, the somewhat absolute and implacable looking sextant, and the... er, slightly disturbing two swords. I can see everything that counts as the most recent, I think, and to be honest, it's a bit more information than I can comfortably process."

"I do believe that if you should look at a Necromancer or one of my Tradition as well the view might not be pleasant, in a way what you are seeing Mr Wainwright is the inner nature of things, the nature that is hidden...the nature that is the source of a things creation and also what they have become though their actions."

"You want to bait the monster?"
Adjan asked and raised an eyebrow.
"Then again that might just work."

"Just be careful Colin."

"I would second that warning."
Adjan said gave the Orphan a concerned glance.

"That should be sufficient for our purposes, I believe, if we also check for investments. I do not think it is just resonance, what you saw in her eyes." He'd seen something similar in Mr Bachemeir's eyes. Perhaps if he looked closer at his new brother, he would on occasion see it there also. It was troubling.

"No it probably was not just Resonance."
Adjan agreed.
"It was something else there, something...well in either case I agree we need to check for the result of investments as well.

"Thank you," he muttered, closing his eyes and using the time for a short nap. For a second he felt as if he were back in the station wagon, going to the villa. Before he knew he didn't know anything at all. His head dipped towards his chest, his friends words drifting around him.

You fell asleep almost immediately and in your hazy dream you see a chamber it was large and round with rows of seats around the sides, in a way it was similar to a smaller Roman arena, it might just be the talk of Resonance but you feel a sense of dread at this chamber, as if you can hear the sounds of scream in it's walls, you died here once...you realize that and looking down you see blood rushing down the front of your shirt...The Main Sentencing Hall...no mage wished to ever have to see this room deep in the bowels of Horizon Chantry, Beatrice had seen it, she had been Branded here...your new brother would see it, best case scenario he would be Branded as well...as you dream you hear a voice beside you.
"Someone is going here...your choice will send them...choose wisely."
The you feel Adjan's hand ever so gently on your arm.
"Adley...we are there in two or three minutes..."
Though his hand feel almost like the chains you where bound with once...once when you where executed and in this room soaked with blood and pain that in itself is terrifying.
"I am sorry to wake you."
The Euthanatos continued..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley 20.03.16 5:25

"Someone is going here...your choice will send them...choose wisely." The you feel Adjan's hand ever so gently on your arm.

"NO...!" He grabbed the arm instinctively, the other following it as if he was breaking something apart, pushing Adjan away and backing himself into the seat. His eyes flew open, not seeing anything in front of him, not seeing his friend or the car, just blood, everything was red and he was dying...his body was shaking and his heart racing, terror in his eyes. The words came back to him...how could he choose? No, he did not want to...he did not want to choose. He closed his eyes, trying to bring himself back to where he was, but it was still there, the red room...

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze 20.03.16 5:56

Adjan immediately let go of the Hermetic's arm and backed away as much as he could in a car.
"Adley...you are here in a car with us."
He said in a calm voice, he did not know what was doing on with the Flambeau, but he assumed it was best to snap him out of it.

There had been no pain when you died...just confusion and then darkness...but so many others had suffered...suffered so much in that chamber...and in your mind you hear their screams...executions, Brandings...worse...all in that chamber before leering crowds...then you heard Adjan's concerned voice.
"Adley can you hear me?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley 20.03.16 6:26

"I don't want to...I don't want to go back there, please...I can't send someone there...everything is red and full of phantom screams in the place where they watch you as you die...how many times have we died for this? Don't make me choose for...someone else. How can I?"

His hands were balled into fists but they were free...unchained...he had no idea how long Adjan or anyone else had been trying to talk to him or what they had been saying. All he'd wanted was a few moments of sleep...of rest, by gods... But he saw Adjan when he opened his eyes again, he saw the car, Colin and Richard. The sense of dread remained close; twice now he'd seen deaths...but as bad as that was, it was secondary to the warning...

"Someone is going to the Sentencing Hall in Horizon," he said. "I don't know who, when, why or for what. My avatar has been in that place...its host was killed there once. But...some part of them ending up in the Hall will be up to me, some choice will be in my hand whether I know it or not. I will need help." He closed his eyes again. "I need help. I..."

He shook his head and took as deep a breath as he could. He was afraid. Truly afraid he would make the wrong choice. In a fight it was easy, you fought and tried to live, tried to save other people, your friends. But this scared him, Flambeau or not. Swallowing the lump in his throat, he focused on where he was right now, the car. His friends. Molly. Anything to keep him going, avoid being stuck. Because not choosing was still a choice, it was allowing someone else to choose for you and even if he was afraid, he not a coward.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 30 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22 ... 30  Next