Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Difficult Choice, Martha and Missing Widderslaintes IC Thread 9

5 posters

Page 15 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 30  Next

Go down

A Difficult Choice, Martha and Missing Widderslaintes IC Thread 9 - Page 15 Empty Re: A Difficult Choice, Martha and Missing Widderslaintes IC Thread 9

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:57 am

"I don't want to...I don't want to go back there, please...I can't send someone there...everything is red and full of phantom screams in the place where they watch you as you die...how many times have we died for this? Don't make me choose for...someone else. How can I?"

"You do not get a choice...you can turn back and give the choice to others...but if you go forward you will have to judge...you and your friends...who will go to this room...this fate can not be avoided."
You hear softly whispered in your ear, images of that horrible room swirling around you...Dylan's death...your death...Beatrice's barely whispered tale of her Branding...so many had suffered here...and you can almost hear their screams and see their blood and tears...

His hands were balled into fists but they were free...unchained...he had no idea how long Adjan or anyone else had been trying to talk to him or what they had been saying. All he'd wanted was a few moments of sleep...of rest, by gods... But he saw Adjan when he opened his eyes again, he saw the car, Colin and Richard. The sense of dread remained close; twice now he'd seen deaths...but as bad as that was, it was secondary to the warning...

Adjan drew a deep breath of relief when he saw Adley open his eyes and seaming to focus...when a mage started acting strange, especially one who had been under allot of pressure, there was always a danger of a Quiet and that was the last thing they needed now.
"Adley? Thank the heavens are you alright?"
The Euthanatos asked.

"Someone is going to the Sentencing Hall in Horizon," he said. "I don't know who, when, why or for what. My avatar has been in that place...its host was killed there once. But...some part of them ending up in the Hall will be up to me, some choice will be in my hand whether I know it or not. I will need help." He closed his eyes again. "I need help. I..."

Adjan got a concerned frown on his face as he listened to what his friend was saying...the Main Sentencing Hall, that was not good, it was where they took mages for the worst punishments. For a while the death magus did not know what to say then he muttered.
"You had a flashback then...those can be rough, especially if one of your former lives ended in a traumatic way."
He said and sounded like he knew what he was talking about.
"Hum...well if you are faced with such a choice my friend...all you can do is try to make the right one...however even if I am of the Tradition that I am and this might be heresy to say, I have never seen a fate that could not be changed, yes something might be very likely to happen, but nothing is set in stone...however if such a choice comes then...you will have the support of your friends."
He said in a compassionate tone of voice.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

A Difficult Choice, Martha and Missing Widderslaintes IC Thread 9 - Page 15 Empty Re: A Difficult Choice, Martha and Missing Widderslaintes IC Thread 9

Post by Warpmind Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:06 pm

Colin nodded, "Of course I will be careful - I should likely not need the rote at full strength for merely looking for traps, in any case. The one time I did it, I got a mild headache, and a clean bill of health for the Chantry's storage room... I did seem to find about where my limits lie in holding something like that going, though. Or at least, how long I can push it before approaching those limits."
He grinned a little, almost slyly, "I have a little quintessence left in me to spare - going to have to meditate at a Node later, I think, if I get the opportunity shortly. I'm thinking I should be able to create a small piece of... bait, for lack of a better term, hanging some two feet away from the monster; drifting away whenever it gets a pseudopod nearer. From the last one, I would surmise it will first go for the most obviously accessible store of magic, rather than anything it would have to fight, so in essence, we might be able to lure such a thing with an autonomous game of 'Fetch'. Does that sound like a reasonable analysis of the thing's nature to you? You did, after all, deal with it after I had gone..."

He smoothly pulled over when Adley jerked awake in a small panic attack, and looked back over the seat, "I've seen those eyes... in the mirror. You had a glimpse of something coming, didn't you? And it wasn't good?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:25 pm

Colin nodded, "Of course I will be careful - I should likely not need the rote at full strength for merely looking for traps, in any case. The one time I did it, I got a mild headache, and a clean bill of health for the Chantry's storage room... I did seem to find about where my limits lie in holding something like that going, though. Or at least, how long I can push it before approaching those limits."

"Just remember that it might be allot harder to see unpleasant energies, than a store room of Tass, for while it might be of lower insistency it might be allot harder to process."
Adjan warned.
"But yes you do seam to have a knack with energies Mr Wainwright."

He grinned a little, almost slyly, "I have a little quintessence left in me to spare - going to have to meditate at a Node later, I think, if I get the opportunity shortly. I'm thinking I should be able to create a small piece of... bait, for lack of a better term, hanging some two feet away from the monster; drifting away whenever it gets a pseudopod nearer. From the last one, I would surmise it will first go for the most obviously accessible store of magic, rather than anything it would have to fight, so in essence, we might be able to lure such a thing with an autonomous game of 'Fetch'.

"It is such a simple idea really and yet if the creature is not to smart it might just work."
Adjan said he folded his long, thin fingers in his lap as he continued to look out the window.
"I have some Quintessence in my own system as well that I could manifest as tass and donate to such a tactic, but let us hope Miss Jerkins to not have any more tentacled friends lurking about, much cheaper and much safer if we can avoid a repeat performance."

Does that sound like a reasonable analysis of the thing's nature to you? You did, after all, deal with it after I had gone..."

"I do think so Mr Wainwright the creature seamed to first go for rotes that where easy to get Quintessence from, and then from nearby mages, so it might just work.

He smoothly pulled over when Adley jerked awake in a small panic attack, and looked back over the seat, "I've seen those eyes... in the mirror. You had a glimpse of something coming, didn't you? And it wasn't good?"

"He said something about the Main Sentencing Hall up on Horizon."
Adjan said, he seamed quite concerned.
"If that place is involved then no I doubt that whatever our Hermetic friend here have seen is good."
He commented softly.

(OOC: I might be a bit slow in responding today as I am going out to ST Mage for one of my gaming groups...well Mage and one Rokea...why are there all these fish in my Mage games? Razz I will reply as soon as I can.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:19 pm

"I have a little quintessence left in me to spare - going to have to meditate at a Node later, I think, if I get the opportunity shortly. I'm thinking I should be able to create a small piece of... bait, for lack of a better term, hanging some two feet away from the monster; drifting away whenever it gets a pseudopod nearer. From the last one, I would surmise it will first go for the most obviously accessible store of magic, rather than anything it would have to fight, so in essence, we might be able to lure such a thing with an autonomous game of 'Fetch'. Does that sound like a reasonable analysis of the thing's nature to you? You did, after all, deal with it after I had gone...
"I do think so Mr Wainwright the creature seamed to first go for rotes that where easy to get Quintessence from, and then from nearby mages, so it might just work.

"I have a bit left as well but I'm trying to conserve what's left. Still, it's preferable to -being- the carrot. I agree that it took the biggest amount of Quintessence that it could easily get at, yes."

"You do not get a choice...you can turn back and give the choice to others...but if you go forward you will have to judge...you and your friends...who will go to this room...this fate can not be avoided."

"I can't turn back...but I don't want to, god..." Giving the choice to someone else was still a choice and it felt wrong. He didn't know why they were going to have to choose but maybe they would be better than someone like the judge twins. But turning around and going back...no, he couldn't do that either. He couldn't give up...

"You had a flashback then...those can be rough, especially if one of your former lives ended in a traumatic way." He said and sounded like he knew what he was talking about. "Hum...well if you are faced with such a choice my friend...all you can do is try to make the right one...however even if I am of the Tradition that I am and this might be heresy to say, I have never seen a fate that could not be changed, yes something might be very likely to happen, but nothing is set in stone...however if such a choice comes then...you will have the support of your friends."

"We have to make the choice...or give up having the choice, let someone else choose for us..someone is going into the room..." he said, adamantly.

"He said something about the Main Sentencing Hall up on Horizon."
Adjan said, he seamed quite concerned. "If that place is involved then no I doubt that whatever our Hermetic friend here have seen is good." He commented softly.

He licked his lips and then rubbed the cooling sweat off of his face. "Seen it? Not...exactly but I heard it. I saw the past. A past which is going to repeat in some measure. It was...I was there in the Sentencing Hall at Horizon and I was executed. Someone else is going in there for judgement...their fate can't...it can't be changed, Adjan. I don't know how to explain, I don't understand fate or what just happened but...that is what I heard. That someone will go cannot be changed. We will have a choice in -who- it will be - that, or give up the choice, turn back and let someone else do it...and I cannot do that. What if it ends up in the hands of the D'Angelos? I don't understand..."

Then he shook his head to clear it and focus on what was going on right now, who he was, right now. If they didn't live through the next few moments, none of the rest would matter, anyhow.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:43 pm

Colin nodded, "Best case, yes, there's no magic eater at the door. But it's good to air a few ideas about how to handle one, should it be there."

He frowned at Adley's slight confusion, "You have a choice about whom to send to the proverbial chopping block, but someone is going? Just remember, if you are presented with options A and B, whoever presents the choice often omits option C, whatever that might be... If you have a devil's choice, make sure it is as informed as possible... I'm afraid you'll know the choice sooner rather than later..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:49 pm

Friday:

You'll get there.

"Is there allot of politics and such in the Traditions?"

You can spend all your life and not mess with politics, but you can also get into them. All in all, there is politics, as important in our group as to normal humans. Those who do politics control the gobernment. Nothing new here.

Saturday:

Oh, right, i was too accostumed to call her Beatrice. Oh, she's getting a little better. It's slow, though, and i'm worried about Amadeus. He feels... he things he could have done something else to help her, and all this shit is taking a toll on him. Also, so much pain on poor Bae might have some effects on her, permanently... i wonder how much she can take.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:07 pm

He frowned at Adley's slight confusion, "You have a choice about whom to send to the proverbial chopping block, but someone is going? Just remember, if you are presented with options A and B, whoever presents the choice often omits option C, whatever that might be... If you have a devil's choice, make sure it is as informed as possible... I'm afraid you'll know the choice sooner rather than later..."

"You know something else that I don't?" he asked, still distraught but trying to piece himself back to action. He could not afford to stop now. Colin was right though, about options presented to him. By others...there would be biases, it would only be parts of a truth or worse, a fabrication. And Adjan had said he would be with him, and...the Voice had said his friends...He looked outside. "We need to get Molly..." He might have been talking to himself, as well as to all of them.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:38 pm

Adley, Colin and Richard:

"I can't turn back...but I don't want to, god..." Giving the choice to someone else was still a choice and it felt wrong. He didn't know why they were going to have to choose but maybe they would be better than someone like the judge twins. But turning around and going back...no, he couldn't do that either. He couldn't give up...

There where no further reply, but there was a slight sense of approval for your decision not to flee from this, horrible as it was, at least perhaps you could make a good choice...or at least one choice bested on empathy rather than just coldness.

"We have to make the choice...or give up having the choice, let someone else choose for us..someone is going into the room..." he said, adamantly.

"Well it is better to have a forced choice, than no choice at all, at least then, if this prediction comes to pass we will have some control over the situation."
Adjan said softly.
"But such a choice would be a cruelty of fate to force on anyone."

He licked his lips and then rubbed the cooling sweat off of his face. "Seen it? Not...exactly but I heard it. I saw the past. A past which is going to repeat in some measure. It was...I was there in the Sentencing Hall at Horizon and I was executed.

"I see, that is seldom a good death, even if done humanely a execution tend to leave deep issues for the next incarnation to deal with."
The Euthanatos said with sympathy in his voice.
"That you have this past life memory now though can not be a good sign for things to come."

Someone else is going in there for judgement...their fate can't...it can't be changed, Adjan. I don't know how to explain, I don't understand fate or what just happened but...that is what I heard. That someone will go cannot be changed. We will have a choice in -who- it will be - that, or give up the choice, turn back and let someone else do it...and I cannot do that. What if it ends up in the hands of the D'Angelos? I don't understand..."

Adjan sigh he nodded.
"I believe there is free will, but sometime fate will back you into a corner and there are no good paths to make...I however thing it is better to face such a situation than run for it, and there have to be a reason this vision have come to you, I do not think fate would bring it to you just to torment you, there have to be a way for you to choose the path of least harm my friend...even if you might not be able to pick a path that will lead to no harm."

Then he shook his head to clear it and focus on what was going on right now, who he was, right now. If they didn't live through the next few moments, none of the rest would matter, anyhow.

Adjan reached inside his leather jacket and pulled out a small silver flask and handed it to the Hermetic.
"Drink, it will steady your nerves."
He said, the flask once the lid was off smelled of whiskey, you have never seen Adjan drunk, never, but one small drink to steady one's hands and heart at times, that he would allow himself.

Colin nodded, "Best case, yes, there's no magic eater at the door. But it's good to air a few ideas about how to handle one, should it be there."

"Agreed."
The Euthanatos said and nodded.
"A plan for the worst case scenario is never a bad idea."

Adjan looks at Colin as he spoke, but he said nothing himself, it was about the same advice he would have given himself, there was nothing for him to add to it, he just gave the Orphan a small nod.

And Adjan had said he would be with him, and...the Voice had said his friends...He looked outside. "We need to get Molly..." He might have been talking to himself, as well as to all of them.

The death magus nodded, he would have patted the Hermetic on the shoulder but he refrained from doing so, he did not want to spook him again, not before he had collected his senses.
"I agree, if you are ready to continue then the apartment is close, we should get going and get the girl to safety."
He urged.

(OOC: Well now that was a fun game session, climaxing in the Rokea jumping from the PCs car, transforming into her war shape and landing on a pursuing car...10 tons of muscle...that was no more car.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:46 pm

Tane:

Friday:

You'll get there.

Lily just gave a smile at that.

You can spend all your life and not mess with politics, but you can also get into them. All in all, there is politics, as important in our group as to normal humans. Those who do politics control the gobernment. Nothing new here.

"No offense Tane but where not you guys supposed to be enlightened? You are basically telling me that you have exactly the same problems as mundane society and the same idiocy as well."
The young woman said and griped at the Dreamspeaker.

Saturday:

Oh, right, i was too accostumed to call her Beatrice. Oh, she's getting a little better. It's slow, though, and i'm worried about Amadeus. He feels... he things he could have done something else to help her, and all this shit is taking a toll on him.

"Well I doubt she is the type to stand on formality."
Cita said then she turned serious as the talk went to Beatrice's condition.
"It is good that she is getting better. I to worry about her mentor though, he blames himself yes but there really is nothing he could have done that would not just have made things worse...the problem is getting him to accept that."

Also, so much pain on poor Bae might have some effects on her, permanently... i wonder how much she can take.

"I worry about the same, first of all there is the danger of her body giving in, now Beatrice Alexander is in peak physical condition, she is fit and healthy, but even so that much pain will take it's toll and it will be a long time until her suffering ends...another problem is how much her mind can take...most who suffer severe damage to their Avatar is left badly scarred mentally...and I just do not know how to help her."
The Virtual Adept Master sigh and shook her head.
"I have considered contacting someone I have treated that have been in a similar situation to talk with her, try to help her through it but even so...she will not be the same girl when this is done I fear."
She muttered softly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:49 pm

Colin shook his head, "I don't think I know anything relevant that you don't - at least, not until we get a few more clues. What I do know is that I can't bring you into danger until you've steadied yourself - breathe easy for a moment and sort out your thoughts, then I'll put the car back in motion."
He turned around in his seat again, looking out at the traffic, for a moment, then pondered, "Mr. Terach, you said I seem to have a knack with energies... I think you may be, hm, not wrong, but not precisely correct, either. I think my knack may be better described as being with interactions, not specifically energies. That may, naturally, be a question of semantics, but still..."
He glanced in the rearview mirror, briefly adjusting it to glance at Adley, "Right, are you back on top of things again, then?"

((OOC: You've ruined me with that dragon animation... I first read that as "a climaxing Rokea jumping"... Shocked Not sure if the mental Sharknado images were an improvement... ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:15 pm

"Well it is better to have a forced choice, than no choice at all, at least then, if this prediction comes to pass we will have some control over the situation." Adjan said softly. "But such a choice would be a cruelty of fate to force on anyone."

"I can't just give up...there's too much at stake."

"I see, that is seldom a good death, even if done humanely a execution tend to leave deep issues for the next incarnation to deal with."
The Euthanatos said with sympathy in his voice."That you have this past life memory now though can not be a good sign for things to come."

"Second time today I've seen my avatar's former host get executed..." He ground a palm against his face.

Adjan sigh he nodded."I believe there is free will, but sometime fate will back you into a corner and there are no good paths to make...I however thing it is better to face such a situation than run for it, and there have to be a reason this vision have come to you, I do not think fate would bring it to you just to torment you, there have to be a way for you to choose the path of least harm my friend...even if you might not be able to pick a path that will lead to no harm."

"I'm a Flambeau...not a Guernicus, a Euthanatos, nor a Cultist Enforcer..." It didn't matter that he wasn't those things, only that he was who he was, he knew...his path was what it was and there were reasons...some he knew, some he did not. This week...all he'd wanted was a few minutes of rest.

Adjan reached inside his leather jacket and pulled out a small silver flask and handed it to the Hermetic. "Drink, it will steady your nerves."He said, the flask once the lid was off smelled of whiskey, you have never seen Adjan drunk, never, but one small drink to steady one's hands and heart at times, that he would allow himself.

He couldn't even remember the last time he'd had a drink, nevermind one while he was on a mission. That answer was easy - never before. Never before was also the answer to quite a lot of things that had happened this week. He took the flask and took a swallow of it.

"I agree, if you are ready to continue then the apartment is close, we should get going and get the girl to safety."
He urged
Colin shook his head, "I don't think I know anything relevant that you don't - at least, not until we get a few more clues. What I do know is that I can't bring you into danger until you've steadied yourself - breathe easy for a moment and sort out your thoughts, then I'll put the car back in motion...He glanced in the rearview mirror, briefly adjusting it to glance at Adley, "Right, are you back on top of things again, then?"

He realised they weren't there yet...they were on the side of the road, he was wasting time. "I'm sorry...I'm alright. Let's go, please..."

// So a shark was dropped on the car? Nice version of the 'dropped a bridge on them' trope xD

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:44 pm

Colin nodded and wove the car back into traffic, keeping a very watchful eye on the surroundings to double-check for any pursuers, "Right you are, then. Out of curiosity, Mr. Terach, what is your usual poison? It smells like some brand of whisky, or something similar, but I don't quite have the nose to determine nation of origin."
He gave Adley a quick glance in the rear view mirror again, "True, you are a Flambeau, and not Guernicus, Euthanatos or Cultist... But consider this - your Tradition and your House are your starting point, and will make up many of the stones in the road you'll walk... but some stones, laid by others, will not be Flambeau, and some you will have to place for yourself. You should not dismiss something laid out before you as a concern for another House or Tradition, hmm?"
He sighed, blinking away a moment's fatigue, "One of these nights, we'll all get a good night's sleep, uninterrupted by crisis or stalking terrors and memories of past or future lives... Until then, I am beginning to consider calling up an acquaintance in the Veterans' Association for a modest supply of Stay-Awakes... Lovely little things; keeps you at combat efficiency for up to eighty hours or so before you have a really, really nasty crash... Probably best not to, though. The aftereffects are supposedly as awful as anything..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:58 pm

He gave Adley a quick glance in the rear view mirror again, "True, you are a Flambeau, and not Guernicus, Euthanatos or Cultist... But consider this - your Tradition and your House are your starting point, and will make up many of the stones in the road you'll walk... but some stones, laid by others, will not be Flambeau, and some you will have to place for yourself. You should not dismiss something laid out before you as a concern for another House or Tradition, hmm?"

"I'm not dismissing it out of hand. This isn't the kind of fight that I was prepared for...this is a different kind of battlefield altogether. Maybe it's the more important one. Where I need to be. I don't know." He frowned. "At any rate, we will just have to do our best. I will have to do better than I've been doing..."

He sighed, blinking away a moment's fatigue, "One of these nights, we'll all get a good night's sleep, uninterrupted by crisis or stalking terrors and memories of past or future lives... Until then, I am beginning to consider calling up an acquaintance in the Veterans' Association for a modest supply of Stay-Awakes... Lovely little things; keeps you at combat efficiency for up to eighty hours or so before you have a really, really nasty crash... Probably best not to, though. The aftereffects are supposedly as awful as anything..."

"But you are alive to feel them...perhaps Francesca can help us with something. I need rest, though...and there is still more to this evening to come." His nap had been anything but restful but it had dumped adrenaline into his system. For now he was awake again. "I need to keep going..." No, he couldn't stop, not until he could go no further.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:37 am

He turned around in his seat again, looking out at the traffic, for a moment, then pondered, "Mr. Terach, you said I seem to have a knack with energies... I think you may be, hm, not wrong, but not precisely correct, either. I think my knack may be better described as being with interactions, not specifically energies. That may, naturally, be a question of semantics, but still..."

"Hum...well yes that would be related...or more a specialization. You might be talented with the Sphere of Correspondence then Mr Wainwright if you decide to study it."
Adjan said and nodded.

"I can't just give up...there's too much at stake."

"I agree."
The Euthanatos muttered.

"Second time today I've seen my avatar's former host get executed..." He ground a palm against his face.

"Hum...well I would say that either your Avatar have something important to tell you my friend or, he do not like you very much."
Adjan said with just a hint of a smile to say that he was joking.
"I do know such memories can be rough though, but often they lead to important revelations about yourself and your situation."

"I'm a Flambeau...not a Guernicus, a Euthanatos, nor a Cultist Enforcer..." It didn't matter that he wasn't those things, only that he was who he was, he knew...his path was what it was and there were reasons...some he knew, some he did not. This week...all he'd wanted was a few minutes of rest.

"Sometimes fate is less about what you are, or what you have chosen to do in life Adley, than it is about being at the wrong place at the wrong time and being faced with a choice you never asked for."
The death magus said softly.

He couldn't even remember the last time he'd had a drink, nevermind one while he was on a mission. That answer was easy - never before. Never before was also the answer to quite a lot of things that had happened this week. He took the flask and took a swallow of it.

The taste was sharp and strong and the earthy tang of something stored in wooded casks, it was not so much the alcohol but the sharpness of the taste that would snap you a bit back to your senses, though it did nothing to diminish the horror of that dream, or the choice you had been told you had to make.

Colin nodded and wove the car back into traffic, keeping a very watchful eye on the surroundings to double-check for any pursuers, "Right you are, then. Out of curiosity, Mr. Terach, what is your usual poison? It smells like some brand of whisky, or something similar, but I don't quite have the nose to determine nation of origin."

"Ardbeg single malt, it is pricey but worth it."
Adjan said as he glanced over at Colin.
"I do think it is Scottish in origin."

You did not see any pursuers or anyone else that seamed to pay any attention to your party what so ever, you can never be sure off course but there did not appear to be.

"Well soon at least Adjan and probably you as well Mr Wainwright will have to sleep, regardless of what is going on, it is either that or collapse, perhaps at a critical time, we might have magick gentlemen, but we are still human beings and unless we do some drastic changes to our bodies and mind we still have human needs, rest being one of them."
The Euthanatos said and sigh.
"Then again there are times you just have to go those few hours extra."

"But you are alive to feel them...perhaps Francesca can help us with something. I need rest, though...and there is still more to this evening to come." His nap had been anything but restful but it had dumped adrenaline into his system. For now he was awake again. "I need to keep going..." No, he couldn't stop, not until he could go no further.

Adjan looked at the war mage and then he nodded. Shortly thereafter though he pointed at a run down old building, it had once been a hairdresser but now the large display windows on the first floor opened up into nothing, just a empty room and broken floor tiles. This area was full of graffiti, garbage on the street and only one of every four street light worked, the old hairdresser's shop was hardly the only place that was now empty and somewhere in the distance a car alarm was blaring with a small dog joining in barking. On top of the hairdresser's was a second floor with two apartments, there where curtains in the windows, one apartment lay in darkness, perhaps the residents where not home, the other had a light on and floral print curtains.
"Here we are, the apartment on the left, the one with the lights out."
Adjan said.
"Let us go get the girl gentlemen."

(OOC: Yeah well the main fighting form of a Rokea is a 30 foot 10 ton shark and that is what one of the characters changed into to crush a pursuing car...the vampires in that care where not happy critters. Razz)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:26 am

well I would say that either your Avatar have something important to tell you my friend or, he do not like you very much." Adjan said with just a hint of a smile to say that he was joking. "I do know such memories can be rough though, but often they lead to important revelations about yourself and your situation."

He had no idea what that person had done to end up in the Sentencing Hall - but the inside view of what his choice would mean hardly made it any easier.

"Sometimes fate is less about what you are, or what you have chosen to do in life Adley, than it is about being at the wrong place at the wrong time and being faced with a choice you never asked for."The death magus said softly.

"I suppose so." It wasn't as if Beatrice had earned her fate in this life either, nor Raymond. Or many other mages and men. He handed the flask back to Adjan with a nod of thanks, the sting of it a grounding sensation.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:08 am

Friday:

When did i say i was enlighten? You have awoken to reality, and the reality is: we are humans. We still are bounded to this same problems we suffer in mundane world. Our avatars want to learn and trascend that, so they guide us to ascention, but that takes several lives. Many are not concerned with the problems of the mundane and are close to ascention, but many others have just started their way to ascention. he took her hand and ungriped it with calm. We are humans with powers, we are nothing more, and you should spect plenty of assholes.

Saturday:

there really is nothing he could have done that would not just have made things worse...the problem is getting him to accept that."

That's what i told him. But if he falls apart... Bae will follow.

Agreed. maybe we should try to find a psichoanalist that knows of mages who can help her a little with her... thing. But i don't think she'll get over it. I just wish that she can clean her avatar. It would be a total victory over the nephandi and a great step forward to all magic community
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:50 am

Tane:

Friday:

When did i say i was enlighten? You have awoken to reality, and the reality is: we are humans. We still are bounded to this same problems we suffer in mundane world. Our avatars want to learn and trascend that, so they guide us to ascention, but that takes several lives. Many are not concerned with the problems of the mundane and are close to ascention, but many others have just started their way to ascention. he took her hand and ungriped it with calm. We are humans with powers, we are nothing more, and you should spect plenty of assholes.

Lily looked at Tane for a while then she sigh.
"So assholes with power, that is just great."
She mutteren then she nodded.
"It do make allot of sense though, I mean I am Awakened am I not, I am in no ways perfect, I still do douche things at times, it is not that I enjoy doing so it is just that at times it get to tempting not to, like when my mother and I have had an argument I might pretend to hate her cooking afterwards, even if I like it, just because I know it will hurt her."
She said and sigh.
"Or when a boy I do not like try to invite me out and instead of rejecting him politely I might say something cruel...I guess I should not expect better of others than I do myself."
Lily said and looked down.

Saturday:

"I agree, if Amadeus falls apart or something happen to him Miss Alexander will not be far behind, she is very dependent on her mentor."
Cita said then she nodded.
"The problem is that there are not really allot of psychiatrists in mage society, there are some I guess among the Sons of Ether, and some other Traditions might have one or two, the Mercere have them for...obvious reasons. Your own Tradition is known to have some good councilors though."
She added softly.
"Perhaps a Dreamspeaker might help...I do not know. Truth to be told I have helped another, who was nearly Gilgulled and while he survived...he do have allot of...issues...poor boy."
She said and looked down.

Adley:

"I suppose so." It wasn't as if Beatrice had earned her fate in this life either, nor Raymond. Or many other mages and men. He handed the flask back to Adjan with a nod of thanks, the sting of it a grounding sensation.

"You will find a way to make the right call my friend."
Adjan assured the Hermetic.
"After all you are Jeffry Morgan's favored apprentice, there is a reason for the old man's appreciation and trust in you, I have watched you at times Adley you have a good heart, when the time comes, if it comes, to make such a choice, you will make the right one."
He said and offered a rare reassuring smile.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:49 am

Colin nodded, "Ardbeg... I believe you're right. Certainly sounds Scottish. Afraid I don't know as much about whisky as certain other subjects, but I'm given to understand that if it smells and tastes like a burned boathouse dumped in a peaty bog, it's an Islay. And yes, we'll need sleep soon enough. But for now..." He picked a good spot to park, not too far from the building, "For now, we're rescuing the poor girl. Gentlemen, prepare what you need before we step outside?"
He fished out his monocle case, fit the Prime-marked monocle to his eye, and muttered an incantation.

((OOC: So, Arete roll, 6,8,0 - I *think* that should be enough, what with it being a familiar rote, a specialized Focus and everything. Smile ))
((OOC2: The worrying part is that knowing vampires, they just might have *survived* that flattening - but getting out again from the Megalodon-Luchador-squishied car might prove rather a difficult thing. O.o ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:16 am

"I do not know much about whiskey Mr Wainwright, I tried this brand at a restaurant once and found I like it, simple as that, I like the strong taste of it."
Adjan said and nodded.
"But I am hardly an expert, however your description of the taste do seam just about right."
He gave a bit of a grin.
"I agree, getting this woman out first then rest...if nothing else pops up that needs to be dealt with."
He said and leaned back in his seat while Colin worked his rote, he took out his gun discretely and checked it before putting it back under his coat.

You work your magick and feel the Resonance from three other rotes in effect, all of them seamed to be energetic...Prime bases rotes, probably more or less alarms that would tell Jerkins if someone where nearing her abode, and whatever effect was keeping the prisoner, if she was a mage, from doing magick. Exactly what the rotes do, you do not know but they do not seam to actively manifest anything, probably they are more sensory wards.

(OOC: Well the Rokea thought about that and ripped the car of and bit the head of one vampire, the other though, crushed as he was went into a frenzy and gave our dear fishy four points of agg damage before he to got his head bit of...feral claws and frenzy can be a lethal combination though.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:28 am

Colin frowned, "Hum, I see traces of three ongoing effects... Hazarding a guess, I just informed miss Jerkins that someone is using magic in the immediate vicinity of her apartment. Can't see anything else active here and now; might be something hairier once we get inside the building..."
He squinted a little through the lens, "Getting close to sunset, isn't it? I never can tell clearly in a lit city street..."

((OOC: By "feeling resonance from three other rotes", I take it you mean I see traces more than anything else - it's a strictly visual filter in the monocle, remember? Smile ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:55 am

Colin frowned, "Hum, I see traces of three ongoing effects... Hazarding a guess, I just informed miss Jerkins that someone is using magic in the immediate vicinity of her apartment. Can't see anything else active here and now; might be something hairier once we get inside the building..."

"Well it do not matter much if Miss Jerkins knows we are in her apartment where she is now, if it will even work in those cells of Morningstar's."
Adjan said and glanced at the apartment.
"Let us just hope they do not let anyone else know, and also yes that there is nothing hairier inside the building."
He added.
"Alright then, everyone ready? let us go."
The Euthanatos begun to walk towards the old hairdressers and the two apartments on top, keeping his eyes open as he went.

He squinted a little through the lens, "Getting close to sunset, isn't it? I never can tell clearly in a lit city street..."

"Well the light here is not good but yes it should be full dark in fifteen minutes or so."
The Euthanatos said and glanced over at Colin.

(OOC: Yes he sees three almost like auras or flows of magick, dark, corrupted and quite disturbing but still just Prime effects that sort of glow out of the apartment.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:15 pm

Colin nodded and headed toward the door, "Give it another hour, and the vampires will likely be out in force... Perhaps we should have brought along Peter Vincent, the Great Vampire Killer... Well, soon enough, I suppose... Interesting radar-like effect, I must say... twisted, dark and wholly disturbing, but a fairly simple scan to alert the creator if something relevant happens within a given radius. Well, let us happen relevantly, gentlemen."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:35 pm

"I am afraid I do not know anyone named Peter Vincent."
Adjan said and looked puzzled.
"I doubt all the city's undead will be after us as soon as they wake up, however being careful that we might have pissed a few of them off today will be wise."
The Euthanatos grinned.
"Well I do love happening...hum...that the Nephandus' rotes look dark and disturbing to you Mr Wainwright is probably due to them being Qlippothic...which is natural it is the magick the Fallen use."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:35 pm

Colin chuckled, "Nor do I. I was referencing a horror movie from the eighties; Fright Night... I think there was a remake more recently. Hum, yes, it's sort of like looking at fresh drinking water with a poisonous blanket of algae on it, if that makes sense to you..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:09 pm

"As someone who have dealt with Jhor before Mr Wainwright it do make perfect sense, now even the darkest magick I have commented might not reach the dept of depravity you will find in Qlippothic magick, but yes, I can recognize the description."
Adjan said with a look of distaste in his gray eyes.
"I guess I better have a look for spirits as well."
He muttered and pulled out two of his bone dice and begun to roll them in his hand as he looked up at the apartment, after a few moments he muttered.
"I can not detect any Spirits you would not normally see around a place like this, not from out here, but that do not mean there are none."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 30  Next