Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mirror Man, Nicolai's Plans and The Grimoire IC Thread 11

4 posters

Page 14 of 30 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22 ... 30  Next

Go down

The Mirror Man, Nicolai's Plans and The Grimoire IC Thread 11 - Page 14 Empty Re: The Mirror Man, Nicolai's Plans and The Grimoire IC Thread 11

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 27, 2016 3:06 pm

Colin smiled, "Thank you. I know my work is accurate, but it... lacks the soul I can draw out of silver. I find that what I commit to paper is precise, much like a naturalist's picture of an insect, but what I make from metal has a certain vivaciousness to it. It's a simple distinction in where I can depict and where I can express."

"I see, you are a silversmith then Sir? That is a honest profession. I agree though there is a difference between art and depicting something, when I do needlepoint I can create quite pretty pictures if I may say so myself without getting to bold, but it is hardly art, it is just following a pattern, a true artist though can make the medium they work in sing."
The Marauder said and nodded.

He shook his head, "I don't think you are an enemy - a complication at most, but I'm fairly certain Marauders are not considered Enemies of Ascension."

"Some consider us to be enemies, others do not. That we do not really have an organization helps in not making is that much of a threat I guess Sir. Marauders are called a faction but really most of us are trapped in our own worlds and only have our madness in common, not a society, then again very few of my kind are as lucid as I am, I have been most fortunate."

He nodded, "The technology is much the same, really - oh, certainly, machines can be made smaller while able to do the same thing faster and more reliably, but the underlying principles haven't really changed much, as you say. Two-way radios are more refined, and one can walk around with one in one's pocket instead of a large behemoth strapped to one's back, for example, but the novelty of it all wears off quickly."

"Ah well such things do sound like marvels Mr Wainwright, then again for me they sound like flights of fancy, such devices have no place in my world."
Helga said and giggled.
"I am happy with what I got though, my work and my family waiting for me at home."

He smiled thinly and held up the little envelope, "The good nurse was able to provide cotton swabs from the chap's examination, complete with residual blood. They should be good for some time, at least - as I understand it, severing the sympathetic link to blood is a little trickier than hair. You... might want to hold on to the vials; nurse Brinkerhoff did express some concern about the cost of these modern plastics. I'm sure she would appreciate getting them back after sterilization."

"I think I will rather buy her a few new vials Mr Wainwright and she will never know they where replaced. There are parts of the modern world the good woman just do not understand and probably never will either."
Alex said and nodded.
"Well at least then we have what we need to look for the Nephandus. I will have a look to find some hair as well but yes the way I have heard it using blood is more effective when working magick on someone from afar."

He frowned, "So, what is it that complicates matters?"

"The team at the Post Office, apparently the Nephandi is breathing down their necks though they still seam to think that their faction holds the Chantry, as soon as that illusion is shattered though the team will have incoming, and off course our missing Nephandus can easily call in to his superiors and inform them of the attack, having him running around free is a danger to those that are still left in the old post office building."
Alex said and gave a concerned frown.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Mirror Man, Nicolai's Plans and The Grimoire IC Thread 11 - Page 14 Empty Re: The Mirror Man, Nicolai's Plans and The Grimoire IC Thread 11

Post by Warpmind Fri May 27, 2016 3:38 pm

Colin nodded, "Yes, I've got a cozy little shop in Boston, near the Chantry where I live. It's a modest living, but combined with my veteran's pension, I'm adequately well off."

He smiled sadly, "Speaking of, I don't suppose you have nurse Brinkerhoff's home address, and her husband's first name? Nothing malicious, of course."
He frowned, "Bugger. I don't think our little turncoat is going to warn them - most likely, he's busy burning his bridges right now; I don't think the Fallen look kindly on failure and cowardice. However... how long will it take us to get there, if we were to go reinforce their position?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 27, 2016 4:33 pm

Colin nodded, "Yes, I've got a cozy little shop in Boston, near the Chantry where I live. It's a modest living, but combined with my veteran's pension, I'm adequately well off."

"Ah that is quite nice Mr Wainwright, quite nice indeed and I am sure your work is beautiful."
Helga said and gave a polite smile.

He smiled sadly, "Speaking of, I don't suppose you have nurse Brinkerhoff's home address, and her husband's first name? Nothing malicious, of course."

"I do have Helga's address yes, why did you wonder Mr Wainwright? Hum...I think her husband's first name was Brian, I find her speaking with him on the landline at times, though off course she have never dialed anywhere given that the man well have been dead for seventy years rest his soul."
Alex said and raised and eyebrow.

He frowned, "Bugger. I don't think our little turncoat is going to warn them - most likely, he's busy burning his bridges right now; I don't think the Fallen look kindly on failure and cowardice.

"Well let us just say that I think the boy will be worse off if the Fallen catch him than if we do, so yes he might not call them since then he probably would have already done so but it is always a danger."

However... how long will it take us to get there, if we were to go reinforce their position?"

"From here? Well given that we are in the suburbia between Chicago and Gary right now I would say about twenty minutes give or take to get to the Post Office."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri May 27, 2016 4:54 pm

Colin gave Alex a sheepish smile, "I may be a little sentimental, but it would be nice if Brian sent his wife a little present on their wedding day. A little extra to, shall we say, keep her happy."
He pondered, "Right, I'll muster the troops; why don't you check with the Chief if he wants us to come to the post office's aid, even if just for evacuation?"
He scurried down the stairs again and trotted at a brisk pace over to the Cultist, "Miss Dane, the chicken has fled the coop, I'm afraid... We're not pursuing for now, but there's another complication. If you would fetch Mr. Murai, and meet us upstairs?"
He then returned inside to look for Adjan.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 27, 2016 5:06 pm

Colin gave Alex a sheepish smile, "I may be a little sentimental, but it would be nice if Brian sent his wife a little present on their wedding day. A little extra to, shall we say, keep her happy."

"Ah...well that is a sweet thought Mr Wainwright, I will write Helga's address up for you."
The Etherite said he went to the desk in the small bedroom and scribbled the address down on a piece of paper and handed it to you.

He pondered, "Right, I'll muster the troops; why don't you check with the Chief if he wants us to come to the post office's aid, even if just for evacuation?"

"I will call him right away, and we can always wait for the Nephandus to call on the way."
Alex said and nodded he fished his phone out of his pocket again.

He scurried down the stairs again and trotted at a brisk pace over to the Cultist, "Miss Dane, the chicken has fled the coop, I'm afraid... We're not pursuing for now, but there's another complication. If you would fetch Mr. Murai, and meet us upstairs?"

Rosario looked at you and just nodded.
"I will go and get him Mr Wainwright."
She said, she did not ask any questions for now, there might be something to do that was time sensitive and it was better to be patient and wait and be told what was going on later.

He then returned inside to look for Adjan.

Adjan appears to have been checking the other rooms on the second floor just to make sure the Nephandus was not hiding in one of them, there was a slim chance but it was worth checking, he turn around when you come towards him.
"Any news Colin? And also I can say with come certainty that the missing Nephandus are not hiding anywhere in the clinic."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri May 27, 2016 7:13 pm

"True which is why the place needs to be stripped...I do not however see that the building is worth loosing lives over if we get the package, and as much as possible of the Red Caps talismans and what other mail there are and get that to safety, letting our enemies have the building and the portal do seam like the lesser evil here then."

"We'll need to have this portal taken off the travel list. Then there's your firey friend if we need them, though that will draw sleeper attention." He didn't want a bunch of collateral damage, if they set fire to the place. Dammit, they'd taken all this care not to burn it down, only to come to consider razing it. If they could get some of the important stuff out and everyone alive though at least it would not be a total loss.

"Is there anything else you need before I go to speak with Master Harris?"Joakim asked then he added.

"No, but let me know if there are changes to the plan. And beware the umbra around here." Between the Nephandi themselves and whatever was being cooked up by Jacob, he didn't want him sending someone by the umbra without telling him.

"Also just one bit of information for you...you better hope your friends catch this young man."

"All we can do is make haste." He hoped the Nephandus would keep his head down, maybe he would hope that his employers took some hits so he could get away. Or, as the Chief said, he was picked up and taken out of the equation. Either way it was not something he could do much about it at present.

He concentrated on the two Earth elementals. 'Be wary for now of the spirit paths around here, if something should happen we don't want you injured by accident.' Then to Inanon, Please make sure no hostiles come in through the gate portal, friend. Can you do this?' As he got off the phone he turned to everyone present. "Right, we have to hurry - this place could be hit with another strike team, we need to clean it out as best we can asap," he began.

// sorry for late reply, had a headache/allergies - meds make me drowsy & cranky lol

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri May 27, 2016 7:21 pm

Colin nodded, "Thank you - I can look up the date, myself. That should in any case be a matter of public record."

He sighed, "Well, the chap appears to have become a turncoat for us - though he will of course elude capture," he showed Adjan the note, "but I believe him when he claims he'll contact us to answer questions. So he may hve dropped a few notches on the priority list, as it appears the Nephandi will send another strike team against the post office the minute they realize their own are not holding the location. I would hazard someone there managed to bluff or something, but that's probably just a temporary fix. Come, Mr. Horton is on the phone with Chief Joakim about us coming to their aid, since we're twenty minutes away."

((OOC: Ah, so you didn't quite get the best medication for it, then. Cranky is an unfortunate side effect. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 27, 2016 8:10 pm

Adley:

"We'll need to have this portal taken off the travel list. Then there's your firey friend if we need them, though that will draw sleeper attention." He didn't want a bunch of collateral damage, if they set fire to the place. Dammit, they'd taken all this care not to burn it down, only to come to consider razing it. If they could get some of the important stuff out and everyone alive though at least it would not be a total loss.

"Yes we do have them."
Joakim said and sigh, probably he felt the same regret you did about the future of the Mercere Chantry, everyone getting out alive and the most important materials and items saved though where the most important part.
"As for the portal agreed, unless we find some way to stop the Nephandi we need to abandon it or preferably disenchant it."

"No, but let me know if there are changes to the plan. And beware the umbra around here." Between the Nephandi themselves and whatever was being cooked up by Jacob, he didn't want him sending someone by the umbra without telling him.

"I will let you know if there are any changes to the plan and tell Master Harris to be careful."
Joakim confirmed.
"I will leave you to your tasks then and be careful, I fear that if I let you get hurt on my watch, your mentor would have my hide."
The hedge wizard said then he waited for a few moments to see if you had anything else to say before he hung up on the call to let you handle your tasks, dangerous and somewhat bitter as they might be.

He concentrated on the two Earth elementals. 'Be wary for now of the spirit paths around here, if something should happen we don't want you injured by accident.'

"We will be careful, accidental injury are dynamic and impractical."
Innanon replied.

Then to Inanon, Please make sure no hostiles come in through the gate portal, friend. Can you do this?'

"I will protect the gate portal for as long as I am able, I will stop anyone who try to get though."
The elemental said proudly.

As he got off the phone he turned to everyone present. "Right, we have to hurry - this place could be hit with another strike team, we need to clean it out as best we can asap," he began.

"Well me and Magda got all the talismans, they are all accounted for, and the Tass used for their fuel, they are in a bag and ready to go."
Jerome said, he did not look pleased about the news, but there where no point in griping over what could not be changed, it was better to focus on what could be done.
"The bodies are mostly dealt with Sodalis, that leaves the prisoner, and the vault, we can not just leave it as it is in case we have to flee."
Hayden said and from the tone of his voice fleeing was the last thing he wanted to do.

Colin:

Colin nodded, "Thank you - I can look up the date, myself. That should in any case be a matter of public record."

Alex nodded and gave you a smile.
"You are a kind man Mr Wainwright, I am sure Helga will appreciate it in her own way."

He sighed, "Well, the chap appears to have become a turncoat for us - though he will of course elude capture," he showed Adjan the note, "but I believe him when he claims he'll contact us to answer questions. So he may hve dropped a few notches on the priority list, as it appears the Nephandi will send another strike team against the post office the minute they realize their own are not holding the location.

"Hum...well if he can give us some useful information then this might be a lucky break, though off course he will have to be hunted down later."
Adjan said and sigh then he swore softly as you mentioned the post office.
"I feared something like that could happen, we should not be that far from Gary right now, perhaps we should consider going to help them out, we are five magi here, that should be a boon if there is another fight."
He said then he added more softly.
"That is if you are okey with going back there Colin, I certainly would understand if you are not."

I would hazard someone there managed to bluff or something, but that's probably just a temporary fix. Come, Mr. Horton is on the phone with Chief Joakim about us coming to their aid, since we're twenty minutes away."

"It seams someone else got the same idea eh...great minds think alike and all that."
The Euthanatos muttered.
"Well we should be ready to go right away if the Chief decide it is a good idea, and also no I do not think the guys at the Post Office can hold that bluff for long."
He said sounding concerned.

(OOC: Oh no problem and I feel your frustration I have allergies two and the medicine do make me sleepy as well.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri May 27, 2016 8:44 pm

Colin grinned, "I'm one step ahead of you. I had Mr. Horton place that call while I rounded up the rest of you. Miss Dane and mr. Murai should be on the way up even now."
He pondered, "If the post office is to be abandoned, that would mean a logistical nightmare - lots to move and little time in which to do it, and there's the complication of the portal there, as well... Hmm, I never got to see it clearly, actually; I suppose it can't be easily dismantled or disabled..."
He frowned, then fished out his phone, "Oh, good, it's charged... Gove me a moment..."
He quickly sent a message to Adley, "Hear you have trouble at the office. Can your stone friends move the portal down into bedrock?"
He grinned slightly viciously, "It might not be particularly effective, but then again, this might be just the idea Adley needs to slow the Fallen a bit..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 27, 2016 10:35 pm

Colin grinned, "I'm one step ahead of you. I had Mr. Horton place that call while I rounded up the rest of you. Miss Dane and mr. Murai should be on the way up even now."

"Very well, they should be here soon then."
Adjan said and indeed they where and soon you could see the two magi hurry up the stairs.
"What is going on Mr Wainwright?"
Asked Rosario as she reached you on the top of the stairs.

He pondered, "If the post office is to be abandoned, that would mean a logistical nightmare - lots to move and little time in which to do it, and there's the complication of the portal there, as well... Hmm, I never got to see it clearly, actually; I suppose it can't be easily dismantled or disabled..."

"Well the loss of the portal is a problem, but it is far from devastating but yes loosing a Chantry are never a joyous thing."
Adjan said and sigh.
"I know little about this portal it is impossible to say how easy it would be to take apart."

He frowned, then fished out his phone, "Oh, good, it's charged... Gove me a moment..."

"Yes...yes off course."
The Euthanatos said and nodded.
"You do look like you have gotten an idea?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri May 27, 2016 10:50 pm

Colin nodded to Qeb and Rosario, "You're here, good... As I said, the Fallen has fled, we have some blood samples he might be tracked with later, but for now, we're letting him go... He's promised to call us and tell us what he can - and in this case, I'm inclined to extend that measure of trust. If he meant to return to the Fallen, he would have done so instead of coming here; he's got nowhere to return to... Meanwhile, there's more trouble incoming at the post office, and it seems they've bought some time there, but that's only temporary; no telling when the Fallen realize they've lost control."
He smirked, "We know the Fallen have seized control of and access to the portal at the Mercere chantry... I don't think a few Initiates and Adepts can undo that, and we most likely don't have the power or time to destroy or shut down the portal entirely. However, it just might be possible to shift the whole damn thing several meters downward into bedrock, essentially sealing the exit off into... an uninhabitable location."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 28, 2016 7:19 am

olin nodded to Qeb and Rosario, "You're here, good... As I said, the Fallen has fled, we have some blood samples he might be tracked with later, but for now, we're letting him go... He's promised to call us and tell us what he can - and in this case, I'm inclined to extend that measure of trust. If he meant to return to the Fallen, he would have done so instead of coming here; he's got nowhere to return to...

"Still, trusting one of the Fallen Mr Wainwright are you sure that is wise?"
Rosario said then she sigh.
"Still giving it a shot when we can track him might not be such a bad idea, I guess the boy saw us when we where talking with the vampire then and decided to use that opportunity to get away."

Meanwhile, there's more trouble incoming at the post office, and it seems they've bought some time there, but that's only temporary; no telling when the Fallen realize they've lost control."

"I see, I guess we are heading towards Gary then."
Rosario said and frowned.

He smirked, "We know the Fallen have seized control of and access to the portal at the Mercere chantry... I don't think a few Initiates and Adepts can undo that, and we most likely don't have the power or time to destroy or shut down the portal entirely. However, it just might be possible to shift the whole damn thing several meters downward into bedrock, essentially sealing the exit off into... an uninhabitable location."

Adjan nodded as you spoke.
"That is a brilliant idea actually, and would be a good way to deny the use of that portal to the Fallen."
He agreed.

As you where speaking Alex came out of the room that Tian had occupied earlier he gave you all a nod.
"So you are all here, good, the Chief say we should drive towards Gary just in case he says we most likely have to abandon the Post Office but for now, our allies might need help and we will do what we can."
He said.
"So we should hurry to the car."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat May 28, 2016 9:02 am

"Yes we do have them." Joakim said and sigh...

"Let me know which way you want it to go," he said.

"I will let you know if there are any changes to the plan and tell Master Harris to be careful." Joakim confirmed. "I will leave you to your tasks then and be careful, I fear that if I let you get hurt on my watch, your mentor would have my hide."

He felt a faint tug at the corner of his mouth at Joakim's comment about his mentor and hung up. The elemental's reply settled into his mind and he nodded, mostly to himself. Then he got caught up on where everyone was at with tasks.

"Well me and Magda got all the talismans, they are all accounted for, and the Tass used for their fuel, they are in a bag and ready to go."
Jerome said, he did not look pleased about the news...

"Good; if there's anything else that should be grabbed up quickly, such as the pets or familiars we should try to get them."

"The bodies are mostly dealt with Sodalis, that leaves the prisoner, and the vault, we can not just leave it as it is in case we have to flee." Hayden said and from the tone of his voice fleeing was the last thing he wanted to do.

"I can take care of the prisoner; there's a plan. I'll go tell him and then we'll get him out of here with us. As for the vault, we're going to clean it out with assistance on its way. The room where we found the Deacon needs to be wiped of arcane connections. As for the portal, if we can see if the wards are up or add one to keep Nephandi and vampires out--"

// before I finish my reply, roundabout when does Colin's message get to Adley? Now?

It's the headaches for sure that make me cranky lol...and the medicine does not seem to be helping too much. So yeah I guess not the good kind xD

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat May 28, 2016 9:28 am

Colin shook his head, "On general principle, no, it is not wise... However, over the past few days, I've spoken with... interrogated several Fallen, and do you know what I found? More than anything, they are human. Certainly, they have a different morality than we do; they're driven to destruction, whether personal or universal... but, it seems, they're no more prone to breaking their word than anyone else, quite probably significantly less so than your average elected official. They still have the same basic human need for trust - to be able ot trust someone, and to feel trusted in return. This kid, Tian as he's apparently called, I saw him at the post office, after the strike leader had... brutalized him. I'm willing to risk betting he's had all trust in the Fallen beaten out of him. He knows what we'll do if and when we catch him, but he's been figuratively stabbed in the back by those he thought he could trust as his own..."
He held up the phone, "I believe he will call and talk."
He nodded to Alex, "Very good... Let's hope the runaway feels safe soon and calls; I have a nasty suspicion he may have information that can be crucial to efforts in Gary... Come on, people, saddle up!"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 28, 2016 10:40 am

Adley:

"Let me know which way you want it to go," he said.

"I would want to kick the Nephandi out of there, however I am a realist so for now focus on getting anything important out of there so we can abandon the Post Office if we have to."

"Good; if there's anything else that should be grabbed up quickly, such as the pets or familiars we should try to get them."

"Well Wolfgang have several chickens in the back yard, I know he would appreciate us taking them with us if we can."
Jerome said and then he added.
"I could run out into the yard and gather them up now? There are no familiars though. I know there is also a safe up in the office with some emergency money and other mundane valuables, we should probably get those as well."

"I can take care of the prisoner; there's a plan. I'll go tell him and then we'll get him out of here with us. As for the vault, we're going to clean it out with assistance on its way. The room where we found the Deacon needs to be wiped of arcane connections. As for the portal, if we can see if the wards are up or add one to keep Nephandi and vampires out--"

"Very well Sodalis, if you take care of the prisoner, I can go and take care of the Arcane connections in the room where the the Deacon was found."
Hayden said and grimaced about the storage room turned into a torture chamber.
"If Jerome and Magda go and get the pets and the valuables then we can take care of things down here."
The Flambeau Adept said.
"Jacob should probably be the one to deal with wards he is the most powerful among us here at least."

It was about at this time that your phone ping and you see the message from Colin.

Colin:

Colin shook his head, "On general principle, no, it is not wise... However, over the past few days, I've spoken with... interrogated several Fallen, and do you know what I found? More than anything, they are human. Certainly, they have a different morality than we do; they're driven to destruction, whether personal or universal... but, it seems, they're no more prone to breaking their word than anyone else, quite probably significantly less so than your average elected official. They still have the same basic human need for trust - to be able ot trust someone, and to feel trusted in return.

"I have never really seen the Nephandi as human, to me they have always been monsters and little else."
Rosario said and sigh.
"But perhaps you are right, part of them are human even given what they are, perhaps the major part, they are mages like we are even if their morality are very different and their goals are appealing."
The Cultist said though she still seamed somewhat doubtful.

This kid, Tian as he's apparently called, I saw him at the post office, after the strike leader had... brutalized him. I'm willing to risk betting he's had all trust in the Fallen beaten out of him. He knows what we'll do if and when we catch him, but he's been figuratively stabbed in the back by those he thought he could trust as his own..."

"Hum...you may be right, if I had been treated like that by the Traditions I would...well trusting other Tradition mages again would be hard, then again there is a difference between not trusting the Nephandi anymore...and betraying them."
Rosario commented and Adjan replied.
"Well the boy's note said he had a child and that he wanted there to be a world for this child to grow up in, becoming a parent can be a powerful motivator."

He held up the phone, "I believe he will call and talk."

"I guess we have no choice but to trust that."
The Cultist said and gave a resigned sigh.

He nodded to Alex, "Very good... Let's hope the runaway feels safe soon and calls; I have a nasty suspicion he may have information that can be crucial to efforts in Gary... Come on, people, saddle up!"

"Yes let us get going."
Adjan said and headed towards the car, the rest of the mages followed him.
"Should I do the driving since I have the keys?"
Alex asked as everyone started climbing into Miri's blue van.

(OOC: Perhaps you should talk with your doctor about getting another allergy medicine, I had to try a few different sorts to find one that worked for me.)

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat May 28, 2016 4:11 pm

Colin nodded, "The Fallen are human. They are not some purely malignant amorphous blob; their human nature makes them... well, rather predictable, actually. They think as rationally as we do, and are just as much subject to their own emotions as we... and that gives them vulnerabilities, as well."
He smiled, "Dismissing them as just monsters works to their advantage, you know - it makes it far easier to dehumanize them, and thereby underestimate them. I would not trust any random Fallen, but in this case... we can give him a head start and see if he makes contact like he promised he would. We have blood with which to track him - it should be good for a while yet."
He nodded to Alex, "Might be best... I trust you know the way there?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 28, 2016 4:25 pm

Colin nodded, "The Fallen are human. They are not some purely malignant amorphous blob; their human nature makes them... well, rather predictable, actually. They think as rationally as we do, and are just as much subject to their own emotions as we... and that gives them vulnerabilities, as well."

"Yes you are probably right Mr Wainwright but how can anyone with a shred of humanity left in them sell themselves to the Nephandi and enter a Caul, our Avatars is not ours to hurt, we are their guardians while they are incarnated in us, who would willingly put their Avatar though harm and let it be reversed unless they have lost all humanity and sanity?"
Rosario asked.

He smiled, "Dismissing them as just monsters works to their advantage, you know - it makes it far easier to dehumanize them, and thereby underestimate them. I would not trust any random Fallen, but in this case... we can give him a head start and see if he makes contact like he promised he would. We have blood with which to track him - it should be good for a while yet."

"Well I can see your point in that it would be easy to underestimate them."
Rosario said and Adjan nodded.
"Indeed, very frew do something they themselves think are evil or immoral, they do what they think is right from their own point of view, for now though let us just see if this partivular Nephandus keeps his word or not, as Colin said we should be able to track him."

He nodded to Alex, "Might be best... I trust you know the way there?"

"I do know the way indeed."
Alex said as he got into the driver's seat and waited for everyone else to get in before starting the car and driving out of the clinic's yard. The light green van hand not been upon the road long though before Tian's phone rang with a soft, simple melody.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat May 28, 2016 5:07 pm

Colin grimaced, "Extortion, it would seem... If the Nephandi had your sister, and threatened to gilgul and torture her unless you went into the Caul, what would you do? That, I might point out, is less hypothetical that I should like it to be - I've pretty much heard variations on that story throughout the entire week..."
He buckled up in the back seat and relaxed a bit during the ride, then answered the phone when it rang, "Yes, speaking."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 28, 2016 5:22 pm

Colin grimaced, "Extortion, it would seem... If the Nephandi had your sister, and threatened to gilgul and torture her unless you went into the Caul, what would you do?

"I...I...don't know..."
Rosario said and looked down and swallowed hard.
"I don't know what I would do in such a situation."

That, I might point out, is less hypothetical that I should like it to be - I've pretty much heard variations on that story throughout the entire week..."

"I...have heard tales of what the Fallen do to get their way."
The Cultist sigh.
"It is horrible and is one of the reasons why we have to stop them, I am not sure it is a good argument for them having any humanity left in them though, that they would do something like that. Then again the one group my sister, well one of my sisters are in danger of Gilgul from right now are the Traditions so the Fallen probably see us as evil as well."

He buckled up in the back seat and relaxed a bit during the ride, then answered the phone when it rang, "Yes, speaking."

An uncertain voice replied to you over the phone.
"You are the man with the scars...that talked me into leaving the couriers place...I recognize your voice."
The boy said softly.
"You found my note I assume...I have promised that I will reply to your question, though I will not stay at this pay phone for long...not for long enough for anyone to track me, I have heard what your faction do to captured Nephandi."
Tian said and sounded frightened.
"I want to ensure my daughter can grow up but I am not giving up my Avatar."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat May 28, 2016 5:41 pm

Colin nodded, "It's one of the methods they use for recruitment... The ones who go into the Caul to save someone they love... I think that reason sticks with them; for certain, Molly appears to have gone in for that reason, and you wouldn't tell her Avatar's... wrong. I agree, that's one of the most important reasons we have to stop them, but the ones still just started the black spiral might yet be pulled out..."

He smiled thinly, "That would be me, yes. You're Tian, correct? Give me a moment, I'm placing you on speaker."
He switched the phone to speaker mode and continued, "I understand that you don't want to lose your Avatar, and that you want your daughter to grow up... First, would you mind telling me whether or not you are widderslainte, or have been through the Caul in this life? Second, what do you know about the post office and what Abigail wants with it?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 28, 2016 5:59 pm

Colin nodded, "It's one of the methods they use for recruitment... The ones who go into the Caul to save someone they love... I think that reason sticks with them; for certain, Molly appears to have gone in for that reason, and you wouldn't tell her Avatar's... wrong. I agree, that's one of the most important reasons we have to stop them, but the ones still just started the black spiral might yet be pulled out..."

"Well I would assume it is a efficient, if distasteful form of recruitment."
Rosario muttered.
"No indeed no one suspected that anything was wrong with Molly and I still can not fully believe it, she might be a bit morbid at times, but she is kind and sweet, it never crossed my mind that she might be a widderslainte."
She said sadly.

He smiled thinly, "That would be me, yes. You're Tian, correct? Give me a moment, I'm placing you on speaker."

"I am Tian, yes or Sebastian really but everyone just use Tian."
The boy muttered.

He switched the phone to speaker mode and continued, "I understand that you don't want to lose your Avatar, and that you want your daughter to grow up... First, would you mind telling me whether or not you are widderslainte, or have been through the Caul in this life?

The rest of the mages in the car looked at you but none said anything out of fear they might scare the young Nephandus off.
"I am a Barrabus, I went through the Caul when I was a child."
The boy muttered sounding like it was not a fond thing to remember.
"Why do you wonder about that? Also what should I call you? I imagine the scarred man can be a bit insulting in the long run."

Second, what do you know about the post office and what Abigail wants with it?"

"It is a Chantry belonging to the ehm...Mercere that is what they are called is it not? The Order of Hermes' messengers. I do not know much as such, Abigail want a package she was informed was sent from Horizon to Brazil and she learned it would be stored in Gary until it could be sent to it's destination. The package contain a lock of hair, and some blood from interrogation from someone called Heylel Teomim...exactly who he is or what Abigail want with the remains I do not know."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat May 28, 2016 6:22 pm

Colin smiled, "Very well, Tian... I'm Colin. I asked because you seem to be still a decent person, so if your Avatar was still... unscathed, we'd have a chance at sparing you, were you to come to us willingly. I see that that option is rather off the table, though. And I'm sorry for making you recall that."
He arched both eyebrows, "...Heylel Teomim? Are you certain? Er, someone write that down, quick... I'm familiar with the name. It... is probably best if I don't go into further detail, though. Hm, is there perhaps anything you know, anything you can tell us about Abigail's association with the vampire Nicolai? Exchanged resources, manpower, that sort of thing?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat May 28, 2016 6:34 pm

"I would want to kick the Nephandi out of there, however I am a realist so for now focus on getting anything important out of there so we can abandon the Post Office if we have to."

"Very well." It sounded to him like he was hedging bets that they'd have to leave it, in hope the Nephandi would not destroy it if they did not find what they wanted. Being a realist as well, taking on another team like the one they faced would be a significant challenge.

"Well Wolfgang have several chickens in the back yard, I know he would appreciate us taking them with us if we can." Jerome said and then he added. "I could run out into the yard and gather them up now? There are no familiars though. I know there is also a safe up in the office with some emergency money and other mundane valuables, we should probably get those as well."

"Good, hurry. Think less than ten minutes. Use pillowcases if you have to...grab some for the mail, too."

"Very well Sodalis, if you take care of the prisoner, I can go and take care of the Arcane connections in the room..."Jacob should probably be the one to deal with wards he is the most powerful among us here at least."

"He is working on something," he said to Hayden with a nod. "Alright, then when our help arrives, someone tell me, so we can deal with that--" He made a face and picked out his phone, expecting it to be the Chief again or the Mercere they'd sent. Instead to his surprise, it was Colin. A fresh, bright grin appeared on his face as he read the message. Not only was Colin apparently not unduly harmed but he was up and back to making his out of the box and broken warranty suggestions. His idea was not one he would have thought of but if it could work, it solved the problem for now and the near future - though it might make some other ones for whomever needed to excavate it later. "And my cabalmate has sent me an idea to deal with the portal..."

Towards Inannon, he asked, [i]'Can you take the gate structure down into the Earth and rock to keep it safe from misuse?

// yeah I should probably see if they can get me a stronger decongestant for the bad days. I'm already on some powerful stuff, allergies have gotten a lot worse since the drought set in. 4 years running.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 28, 2016 6:58 pm

Colin:

Colin smiled, "Very well, Tian... I'm Colin. I asked because you seem to be still a decent person, so if your Avatar was still... unscathed, we'd have a chance at sparing you, were you to come to us willingly. I see that that option is rather off the table, though. And I'm sorry for making you recall that."

Qeb winced when you gave your real name to the Nephandus but he said nothing. Tian sigh.
"I see, well I am sorry to, I never asked to become inverted."
He muttered sadtly.
"And decent...I do not know I, do not like to see someone tortured and to torture someone like that...currier seams like a pretty low thing to do."
He added softly.

He arched both eyebrows, "...Heylel Teomim? Are you certain?

"Yes I am certain, it is an unusual name, I am sure I am not misremembering it. Twin Lights of the Morning, that is what it means."
He added to assure you he had remembered it wrong.
"Sound like a Hermetic to me but I have no idea who he is or why Abigail want his hair and blood."

Er, someone write that down, quick...

Qeb nodded he fetched a thick notebook from his bag and started taking down the details.

I'm familiar with the name. It... is probably best if I don't go into further detail, though. Hm, is there perhaps anything you know, anything you can tell us about Abigail's association with the vampire Nicolai? Exchanged resources, manpower, that sort of thing?"

"As you wish."
Tian said when you did not go into details about Heylel.
"I do not know that much I am pretty low on the totem pole so it is not like the big wigs share that much with me. I know that Abigail have talked this vampire into working on her behalf so she can get a foot in on the vampires. I do not know of any shared resources though, both have a peace hostage from one another to ensure against treachery, Nicolai have the boss lady's familiar and she have one of his ehm...what the hell they are called, one of those he have made into vampires, both hostages to be released when both parties is satisfied with the cooperation and decide to go their separate ways."

Adley:

"Very well." It sounded to him like he was hedging bets that they'd have to leave it, in hope the Nephandi would not destroy it if they did not find what they wanted. Being a realist as well, taking on another team like the one they faced would be a significant challenge.

"I wish you the best of luck and like I said stay safe Sodalis."
The old hedge wizard said, there way nothing more he could say about the matter, all they could do was minimize damage and hope for the best.

"Good, hurry. Think less than ten minutes. Use pillowcases if you have to...grab some for the mail, too."

"Very well, ten minutes you got it."
Jerome said and hurried on his way to get the Deacon's pets so they could be brought to safety.

"He is working on something," he said to Hayden with a nod. "Alright, then when our help arrives, someone tell me, so we can deal with that--"

"I will let you know."
Hayden said then he went to the room where you and Jerome had found the Deacon to remove the arcane connections from the poor man's shed blood.

"And my cabalmate has sent me an idea to deal with the portal..."

"So Mr Wainwright is feeling better than? He will be ok?"
Magda asked, she was on her way to go to her assigned tasks which was helping Jerome with the chickens and the office but she stopped when you spoke.
"I have been rather worried after what...we saw..."
She muttered turning green again.

Towards Inannon, he asked, [i]'Can you take the gate structure down into the Earth and rock to keep it safe from misuse?

"Yes...my bother and I can do this, but I can not guarantee that the portal will still be usable when it is brought back, it might change and break..."
Innanon said, he did not like things that changed but you got the feeling from his emotions turned into words that he could do it, at least then no one else would be able to use the portal against the Traditions.

There is another soft ping of your phone this time it is from a number you do not recognize, the text said.
"This is Harris, the Chief gave me this number, to avoid the fresh wards I brought the people that can help your situation to right outside the building, we are coming in now so do not shoot us."

(OOC: It could be a different brand is what you need, I changed brands and had better effect of that without having to change to something stronger.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat May 28, 2016 7:21 pm

Colin gave Qeb a slight shrug and a smile, "Well, standing up to protest the abuses heaped on others is the decent thing to do... If everyone thought like that, there'd be less suffering in the world, I think."
He sighed, "I can't guess at what she wants those bits for, either - but I will wager it is nothing good. For anyone."
He frowned, then scratched his head, "So Nicolai has Abigail's familiar, and Abigail has one of Nicolai's, er, 'brood' might be descriptive enough, I suppose... I don't suppose you know their names? And... I know this is much to ask - terribly much to ask, even - but could you tell us where Abigail's Labyrinth is hidden?"

((OOC: 4 year drought... California, huh?))

((OOC2: "Out of the box and broken warranty suggestions"... I likey. Very Happy ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 30 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22 ... 30  Next