Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19

5 posters

Page 8 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 30  Next

Go down

The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19 - Page 8 Empty Re: The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19

Post by Warpmind Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:40 pm

"Perhaps then again the perspective of the Oracles are so far removed from ours that it is impossible to know what they would or would not like we do not even fully know they exist that while there are suspected encounters, no one have proof of having seen one of them."
Crexia said and raised an eyebrow.
He nodded, "True, but precisely because there's no record of them, with what we know or believe of them, extending mortal courtesy should hardly hurt - presumably they retain some memory of their mortal selves."

"I am not completely sure that a Thardis is other than a phone booth but I am sure that when you are done with it then it will be more useful."
The old Tytalus said looking slightly confused.
He grinned, "It's a time capsule, of sorts. The police box is just... the camouflage part got stuck in the first episode. And it's bigger on the inside, by far."

"Usually yes, my impression is they are at times used when one want a quick start to an antibiotic cure, or at times to target specific locations of infections rather than using it generally."
Rosario said.
"I only know some of the men who work with my uncle have complained about the older drugs beings used at low cost clinics and when they go in it is often with a wound somewhere where it is a specific location that needs treatment I am not a trained professional though so I do not know for sure."
He nodded sagely, "Black ops surgeries... A few of my old... colleagues went mercenary after their tour was up. I still keep in touch with some of them, and I know of a few places that will patch up a bullet hole without asking questions... but it's hardly up to the standards of the, ah, local clinic here."

"Hum...perhaps a slave would work, it would still attract Paradox but you might then be able to enchant it once and have several uses rather than enchant the thing several times. Novocaine could help but I am not sure if it would be enough, you also will then be extra vigilant about cleaning that dagger and make sure the girl gets healing as such a salve reduce the effect of antibiotics if I am not completely mistaken, I have not used it allot having preferred combination products when I have to stich someone up who do not sit still."
The Cultist said and nodded.
He nodded, "Heat and pure alcohol should take care of disinfecting the blade, obviously, but yes... Lots to consider, and I'll confer with our own healers, as well."

"Ah yes...well it do sound like with your love of bureaucrats and red tape you will love dealing with Horizon then."
Udella said with a bit of a tired grin.
"I am glad you seam to have come out of the incident ok through."
She added.
He sighed, "Yes, far too many bureaucrats seem to insist that their function must be a necessary evil, rather than a necessity..."

He read the new comment and scratched at his beard, then reached out for the stylus to reply: 'There is a way to draw the physic, lower energies out of your own body as q. It is not extra; it is what your body itself uses to be manifested as an incarnate being. Using it injures it and drawing much can kill you.'
He nodded, "That's what I gathered from what I saw. I never figured out how to do it, though; I just can't seem to wrap my head around it. Do you know how to do it?"

At the northern hub, a large chamber with five doors leading to other corridors there where full chaos. A large group of Traditionalists, including Adjan and Francesca was fighting a diminishing number of Nephandi. Most of the Fallen where in one corner of the room now, desperately fighting for their lives. Several dead littered the floors. You could see several of the magi from Morningstar and their allied Chantries taking part in the fight, some of them where injured others where bloody but appeared healthy enough. Adjan himself was covered in blood and his face was full of pink, freshly healed flesh and there was still a large gash from this temple to the middle of his cheek, he quickly dispatched another Nephandus though, a pale looking woman before he noticed your group and smiled to you.

You see the Chief's apprentice she stood with her allies, an energy bolt in her hands that she tossed and she hit one of the Traditionalists a young woman with short, black hair and Arabic features you had seen at Morningstar, the Traditionalist girl sank to her knees moaning while the Nephandi woman begun to work on another spell. The Nephandi where doing all they could but there just where to many Traditionalists, this was about half of the main force, twenty five magi strong and you could see Heyden up front holding a Kinetic Shield to protect the rest. Madeline Rose where there a small ray gun in her hand and she turned to shoot at a Fallen man, her ray going through his personal shield and hitting him in the shoulder, his scream joined the others. There where full chaos and so much noise in the room, at least your side was winning.
He frowned and pointed at the woman who had to be the security chief's apprentice, and indicated her to Adjan, with a gesture like slapping handcuffs on his wrist, then he took careful aim at her and squeezed the trigger, hoping the last impeding bullet would hit its mark and subdue the woman rather than kill...

((OOC: So, Perception+Dexterity+Firearms-1: 3,3,8,9,0,0... I think Colin hit her in precisely as nonlethal spot as he wished to impede her. Razz ))

((OOC2: Colin's Paradigm is so thoroughly external to himself, I do think Heart's Blood is remarkably alien to him. It rather fits that he can't figure out something completely internal like that, when he relies on an external lens for each of his observational rotes, even. ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19 - Page 8 Empty Re: The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:11 pm

He nodded, "True, but precisely because there's no record of them, with what we know or believe of them, extending mortal courtesy should hardly hurt - presumably they retain some memory of their mortal selves."

Crexia nodded at that.
"If I ever find my old Mentor young man I will inform him gently about what have happened."

He grinned, "It's a time capsule, of sorts. The police box is just... the camouflage part got stuck in the first episode. And it's bigger on the inside, by far."

"Hum...sounds like a practical enough craft though it would take quite powerful magick to create."
The archmage said and nodded.

He nodded sagely, "Black ops surgeries... A few of my old... colleagues went mercenary after their tour was up. I still keep in touch with some of them, and I know of a few places that will patch up a bullet hole without asking questions... but it's hardly up to the standards of the, ah, local clinic here."

"Yes my uncle's associates have used a few of those, through the Society of Leopold have their own doctors and healers as well."
Rosario said and nodded.

He nodded, "Heat and pure alcohol should take care of disinfecting the blade, obviously, but yes... Lots to consider, and I'll confer with our own healers, as well."

"It should probably do yes...but conferring with your own healers is wise, I am afraid there is not much more I can help you with, I know a little magickal healing and how to patch up a banged up Inquisitor, not much more."
The Cultist said and sigh.

He sighed, "Yes, far too many bureaucrats seem to insist that their function must be a necessary evil, rather than a necessity..."

Crexia nodded at that and sigh.
"That is true."
She commented.

He frowned and pointed at the woman who had to be the security chief's apprentice, and indicated her to Adjan, with a gesture like slapping handcuffs on his wrist, then he took careful aim at her and squeezed the trigger, hoping the last impeding bullet would hit its mark and subdue the woman rather than kill...

Adjan nodded to you and signaled thumbs up to show that he understood. You aimed at the young mage and hit her in her upper thigh, the bullet did not go deep into her flesh but got stuck in her leg. The Nephanda in training groaned and had just the time to exclaim.
"Ow fuck ow!"
Before she gave a terrified shriek and gravity pushed her down towards the ground. By now the pawns had notice though though and two of them where opening fire in your direction with their handguns. Adjan you saw spoke with one of the other Hermetics from Morningstar, you think her name was Rachel and pointed at the downed girl and from his gestures he was asking if she could teleport the young woman over to their side of the room. Rachel shook her head and pointed at the two Nephandi woman that stood guard over the rest.

(OOC: Roll dex plus athletics then as I assume Colin do not feel like getting shot.)

(OOC 2: Beatrice knows Heart's Blood, it was one of the first rotes she learned.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:03 pm

"Hum...sounds like a practical enough craft though it would take quite powerful magick to create."
The archmage said and nodded.
He grinned, "The one in the show is a bit temperamental, but you know how it is with sentient vehicles that haven't haven't seen proper maintenance for a few millennia..."

Adjan nodded to you and signaled thumbs up to show that he understood. You aimed at the young mage and hit her in her upper thigh, the bullet did not go deep into her flesh but got stuck in her leg. The Nephanda in training groaned and had just the time to exclaim.
"Ow fuck ow!"
Before she gave a terrified shriek and gravity pushed her down towards the ground. By now the pawns had notice though though and two of them where opening fire in your direction with their handguns. Adjan you saw spoke with one of the other Hermetics from Morningstar, you think her name was Rachel and pointed at the downed girl and from his gestures he was asking if she could teleport the young woman over to their side of the room. Rachel shook her head and pointed at the two Nephandi woman that stood guard over the rest.
Colin's relief at success was short-lived, as he dove for cover behind Adley's shield when the pawns in the room turned on him. He hissed in discomfort as he laid his weight on the burns on his arm and leg, and rolled over on his back to switch to the Hermetic brother's pistol, with a few enchanted rounds left.

((OOC: Dex+Athletics: 1,7,8,9,0 - not necessarily graceful, but when shot at while out of ammo, you take what you can get. Razz ))

((OOC2: Well, yeah, it would be, she's a Verbena. Razz Colin's still gonna have some difficulty understanding the basics of the rote, even if he can clearly see that it works. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:25 pm

He grinned, "The one in the show is a bit temperamental, but you know how it is with sentient vehicles that haven't haven't seen proper maintenance for a few millennia..."

"Perhaps I have to sit down and watch this show at some time, my love likes science fiction, she might like seeing it, and I do know of a young Orphan who have formed her Paradigm around it so perhaps it is time I took the effort to check out what it is about...but yes sentient vehicles are always a bother."
Crexia said and she looked a bit thoughtful.

Colin's relief at success was short-lived, as he dove for cover behind Adley's shield when the pawns in the room turned on him. He hissed in discomfort as he laid his weight on the burns on his arm and leg, and rolled over on his back to switch to the Hermetic brother's pistol, with a few enchanted rounds left.

You dived behind Adley's shield and it saved you, there where no sound as the bullets hit the shield, not really, they just seamed to loose their kinetic force and fall to the ground. Adley would feel the shield sort of vibrating though as the bullets hit it. One of the bullets got through though but the pain from your burned leg caused you not to realize that you had been hit before you saw blood. Luckily the bullet had only graced your right arm, and while you where beginning to feel the sting of it, the wound where not bad and it's ache just added to the rest. You manage to change your weapon as you noticed Crexia move her hands quickly, one of the paws flew of his feet and hit the wall hard enough to crack his skull and the man fell dead to the ground. Udella took a step forward and spoke.
"If someone can keep them of my back for a few moments I can try to take out at least one of their guards the ones who counters rotes and provide the enemy with a shield, but they are powerful, it will take me a moment to get through."
She said and Olamide nodded.
"I will guard the honored Quesitor if you can see if you can take out a few of their Custos...or pawns or whatever they call them."
The Tytalus said.

Leon stepped around the corner and fired his gun, he hit one of the pawn in the gut but where rewarded by several bullets sent in his direction, he was lucky and two of them missed but the third hit him in the shoulder and the young Hermetic screamed as he was sent stumbling to the ground.
"What is going on, do you need help?"
Rosario asked from further back in the relative safety of the corridor you and your group had come from where Crexia had told her and the guides to wait.

(OOC: Colin gets one lethal, Colin have been banged up allot lately.)

(OOC2 : Bee can try to show him when she can use magick again though Richard would not want her to try to do Heart's Blood before she is physically well again though, he would be quite displeased if she did.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:35 pm

He nodded, "That's what I gathered from what I saw. I never figured out how to do it, though; I just can't seem to wrap my head around it. Do you know how to do it?"

He nodded affirmatively at Colin.

Two women, both tall but there the similarities between them ended, one was black with beautiful brown eyes and markings down her arms, the other had golden hair and would be beautiful if it had not been that tentacles where growing out of her eyes. There two protected the others, countering spells and providing a shield of some sort. The one who matched the description of the Chief's apprentice attacked when she could, one more mage was with the group he was a massive man, two tentacles on each side of his body made him look like he had six arms, his face was scarred and his eyes small, light blue and piercing, he was wearing formerly white, now blood splattered robes and he seamed to both be healing his allies and lopping some rather impressive spells at the Traditionalists while barking orders. The rest of the Nephandi where holding firearms of some short and where firing at the Traditionalistes

Adley looked to see if they had a kinetic shield up that he could tell He could see the women providing cover and all the countering. He decided to target the healer, the man with tentacles, first if he thought he could get a shot off and fired off a round at him. Then, as he saw Colin head for cover behind him and the bullets hit his shield, he returned fire at the man who shot at Colin.

"If someone can keep them of my back for a few moments I can try to take out at least one of their guards the ones who counters rotes and provide the enemy with a shield, but they are powerful, it will take me a moment to get through."
She said and Olamide nodded. "I will guard the honored Quesitor if you can see if you can take out a few of their Custos...or pawns or whatever they call them."

"Yes, ma'am," Adley said, acknowledging the order.

// Well, you did say it was possible to try for four rounds and so he did - I think repeating a spell might be a good way to focus himself as well, at least if he's not screwing it up to all hell. As for the Heart's Blood, that makes sense - it would seem some of the Order might learn it either unwillingly from the War then, when they were fighting Verbena, and make an adaptation? Basically it is squeezing blood from a stone for a mage with an avatar that can't hold much.

OOC2: interesting re: Colin's paradigm. That's gonna be interesting to discuss, esp with regard to his spirit sight, later!

OOC3: Right, so tentacle man: 5, 0, 4, 6, 0, 8 (assuming a six hits, if not let me know the diff and knock off a dmg dice pls): 8, 4, 3, 7, 9, 4, 7
Pawn: 7, 2, 5, 6, 5,, 2, 5 Dmg: 6, 6, 1, 3, 5

OOC4: How far away is Leon to Adley? Can he shift to cover him, or grab him, or would it expose the others? Will reply to that part next.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:58 pm

Adley looked to see if they had a kinetic shield up that he could tell He could see the women providing cover and all the countering. He decided to target the healer, the man with tentacles, first if he thought he could get a shot off and fired off a round at him. Then, as he saw Colin head for cover behind him and the bullets hit his shield, he returned fire at the man who shot at Colin.

The two women or at least one of them where holding up a kinetic shield, but while yours provided a barrier, a shield where kinetic, physical forces was bounced of, the two Nepandae's shield was a wound in reality that denied the existence of kinetic forces around them it was quite disturbing to look at magickally. You fire of a bullet at the healer and you hit him in the gut, the main scrams and all his tentacles flail about but he quickly seamed to gather his senses and he got back behind the two women's shield, his wounds beginning to close as he rubbed his mutated apprentices over it joyfully a delighted and quite disturbing look on his face.

Your second shot was swift retribution to the pawn who had shot at Colin for you hit him in the collarbone, you do not think the man was very badly injured but he lacked Doc's delight at being injured so he fell to the ground, grasping his shoulder and curing into a fetal position from the painful, if not very serious wound, sooner or later he would recover but for now he was down.

"Yes, ma'am," Adley said, acknowledging the order.

You notice a pawn with a shotgun who had figured out that Crexia was up to something, he put the stock of his weapon against his shoulder and aimed for the archmage. Two more pawns took aim at Udella but Olamide reacted quickly, she aimed her gun at one of them and fired of a shot hitting the woman in the shoulder, the other pawn shot at the old mage but his bullet hit Olamide's shield.

Rachel again tried to get through the two Napandae's protection but the look of frustration on her face said she failed. Adjan shot at Doc and hit the man in one of his tentacles. The dark skinned Nephandi woman sent a ball of flame in Adjan's direction but the young rebis at his side did something and it fell to the ground as a pool of water. The battle raged on, you do see that you can reach Leon though and drag him behind your shield for protection since right now the Jerbiton was rather exposed.

(OOC: While everyone else was chatting Adley was hard at work doing something useful. Jeffry would be pleased. Smile And yes if fictional magick is anything like real life magick then repeating a well known ritual have a calming effect, at least it do for me. Yes in Ars it says that Bonisagus taught Diedne and her followers to do formulaic magic while she taught him to do spontaneous magic, the Order learned allot from the Druids so it is not unlikely they learned Heart's Blood as well during the war when they would have observed Diedne do it or have forced the secret out of prisoners and then make your own version and then the Houses that was at war with House Diedne would be the ones most likely to know such a spell and that includes Flambeau. Yeah you see in Ars the Order have a sort of join or die policy for everyone they consider powerful enough to be a threat, only leaving those with minor Gifts alone so most of the Old Faith had to do with well, the Order's leftovers even if a few powerful magi escaped off course.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:18 pm

"Perhaps I have to sit down and watch this show at some time, my love likes science fiction, she might like seeing it, and I do know of a young Orphan who have formed her Paradigm around it so perhaps it is time I took the effort to check out what it is about...but yes sentient vehicles are always a bother."
Crexia said and she looked a bit thoughtful.
He grinned, "When I get it working, the first thing I'll do just might be to go back to the sixties and record the missing episodes as they were broadcast the first time... BBC didn't have good retention policies at the time; videotapes were rather expensive back then... They might even pay well for such a surprise discovery of lost footage."

You dived behind Adley's shield and it saved you, there where no sound as the bullets hit the shield, not really, they just seamed to loose their kinetic force and fall to the ground. Adley would feel the shield sort of vibrating though as the bullets hit it. One of the bullets got through though but the pain from your burned leg caused you not to realize that you had been hit before you saw blood. Luckily the bullet had only graced your right arm, and while you where beginning to feel the sting of it, the wound where not bad and it's ache just added to the rest. You manage to change your weapon as you noticed Crexia move her hands quickly, one of the paws flew of his feet and hit the wall hard enough to crack his skull and the man fell dead to the ground. Udella took a step forward and spoke.
She said and Olamide nodded.
"I will guard the honored Quesitor if you can see if you can take out a few of their Custos...or pawns or whatever they call them."
The Tytalus said.

Leon stepped around the corner and fired his gun, he hit one of the pawn in the gut but where rewarded by several bullets sent in his direction, he was lucky and two of them missed but the third hit him in the shoulder and the young Hermetic screamed as he was sent stumbling to the ground.
"What is going on, do you need help?"
Rosario asked from further back in the relative safety of the corridor you and your group had come from where Crexia had told her and the guides to wait.
Colin frowned at the light wound, "Bloody hell, there goes the other sleeve!"
He nodded to Udella, "Count down the minions, got it..."
He gave Rosario a shrug as he took a shot at the guy with the shotgun - by far the most dangerous weapon he could easily spot, "It stings; I've had far worse today. Look at it after the fight. The winged Hermetic took a worse hit, I think - might want to take a look at him now."

((OOC: Dex+Firearms, 4,4,6. One success, so 4 dice of Agg: 2,4,8,9.)

((OOC2: Colin *has* taken a few beatings in the past few days relative time... :/))

((OOC3: Yeah, Colin's going to have a wonderful time trying to unsee something he can see without outside help. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:12 am

OOC4: How far away is Leon to Adley? Can he shift to cover him, or grab him, or would it expose the others? Will reply to that part next.

OOC 5: did Colin want to say anything to Adley re: Heart's Blood, after he said he could do it in the scene previous to this fight scene? Just checking.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:19 am

He grinned, "When I get it working, the first thing I'll do just might be to go back to the sixties and record the missing episodes as they were broadcast the first time... BBC didn't have good retention policies at the time; videotapes were rather expensive back then... They might even pay well for such a surprise discovery of lost footage."

Crexia raised an eyebrow at that.
"You would risk the Paradox that comes with backwards time travel for a TV series young man? That hardly seams worth it."

Colin frowned at the light wound, "Bloody hell, there goes the other sleeve!"
He nodded to Udella, "Count down the minions, got it..."

Udella nodded as she begun her working. Another of the pawns shot at her but again the old maga was protected by Olamide's kinetic shield and the bullet fell to the ground harmlessly.

He gave Rosario a shrug as he took a shot at the guy with the shotgun - by far the most dangerous weapon he could easily spot, "It stings; I've had far worse today. Look at it after the fight. The winged Hermetic took a worse hit, I think - might want to take a look at him now."

Rosario nodded and looked at Leon, she inched closer so she could run in and grab him and get him out of harms way as soon as opportunity presented itself. You hit the pawn with the shotgun in the knee and he screamed in pain but did not loose his weapon instead he took aim at you and readied to fire.

(OOC: Sorry for being unclear, yes Adley can grab Leon without exposing the others. I wrote it in the IC thread that he was close enough I should have added an OOC about it as well.)

(OOC 2: He did indeed here it is: He nodded, "That's what I gathered from what I saw. I never figured out how to do it, though; I just can't seem to wrap my head around it. Do you know how to do it?")
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:12 am

The battle raged on, you do see that you can reach Leon though and drag him behind your shield for protection since right now the Jerbiton was rather exposed.
Rosario nodded and looked at Leon, she inched closer so she could run in and grab him and get him out of harms way as soon as opportunity presented itself. You hit the pawn with the shotgun in the knee and he screamed in pain but did not loose his weapon instead he took aim at you and readied to fire.

The reaction of the Doctor had been disturbing to say the least, even an enchanted bullet had not seemed to put a dent in the man.  He waved Rosario back so that he could grab Leon over to her, trying to keep them all covered. The man's shoulder was hit but leaving him there would be worse than if he was put in a moment of temporary pain to get him out of harm's way. But he was now put on dispatch duty. He saw the one pawn go down under Colin's fire but recovered fast. He returned fire at him.

// Adley's reply was to that part of the post you quoted was to nod at Colin, telling him that he did know how - so I was just asking if he had anything else or that was it. I did miss the part you wrote with Leon, you weren't unclear I just didn't see it, sorry about that. Thanks!

Leon will be moved out of the way first. Then Adley will target fire on the pawn that is aiming at Colin in the last post, however that should line up to you in rounds depending how long it takes w/ Leon:
Firearms: 7, 1, 6, 8, 5, 2 - Dmg: 1, 1, 3, 5, 4, 3 - well the bad news is that bullet all but tickled

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:43 am

The reaction of the Doctor had been disturbing to say the least, even an enchanted bullet had not seemed to put a dent in the man. He waved Rosario back so that he could grab Leon over to her, trying to keep them all covered. The man's shoulder was hit but leaving him there would be worse than if he was put in a moment of temporary pain to get him out of harm's way. But he was now put on dispatch duty. He saw the one pawn go down under Colin's fire but recovered fast. He returned fire at him.

You managed to move so you could grab Leon and get him out of harms way and into the safety behind your shield, your fellow Hermetic groaned in pain as you moved him, even so he gave you a grateful look. Rosario waited until Leon was safe then she quickly moved closer, staying behind the shield, she grabbed the wounded Hermetic and helped him to get behind the corner of the corridor where he would be allot safer and she could work on him.

You shot at the pawn with the shotgun and your bullet passed his head close enough to make a cut at the side of his face, at least while the bullet did not harm him you did disturb his aim at Colin and he looked a bit shocked for a moment, pressing his hand to the cut his eyes wide over how close to death he had come, then he recovered a bit and flipped you the finger before taking aim at you this time and squeezing of a shot that hit your shield, making it shiver, but it held.

(OOC: Then I am not sure if Colin have replied further about Heart's Blood, I do not think so. Also no problem I miss things all the time.)

(OOC 2: Later today I am going out to GM Mage for one of my groups so I might be a little slow replying then.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:15 am

Crexia raised an eyebrow at that.
"You would risk the Paradox that comes with backwards time travel for a TV series young man? That hardly seams worth it."
Colin grinned, "Everything's relative, I suppose... We are talking about some great lost works of a series that has celebrated its fiftieth anniversary. It's almost comparable with the mythical lost dialogue of Plato, as such."
He pondered, "Although, I suppose attempting to scry on the past to catch the broadcasts in a less painful manner is probably a better plan A. The broadcast times are, after all, a known fact..."

He nodded affirmatively at Colin.
He smiled thinly, "I think, somehow, this last guess of mine is the most correct one on the subject. It's the reason why the Verbena tend to bleed themselves so much while they work, isn't it? I'll have to get someone to better try to explain how it works; there's just something about the method I can't seem to grasp..."

You shot at the pawn with the shotgun and your bullet passed his head close enough to make a cut at the side of his face, at least while the bullet did not harm him you did disturb his aim at Colin and he looked a bit shocked for a moment, pressing his hand to the cut his eyes wide over how close to death he had come, then he recovered a bit and flipped you the finger before taking aim at you this time and squeezing of a shot that hit your shield, making it shiver, but it held.
He frowned at shotgun guy and took another shot at him; the guy was well armed and apparently a bit lucky, and that is always a dangerous combination...

((OOC: Dex+Firearms again, 4,5,7... One success, so 4 dice of Agg: 1,2,5,6... Eh, well... The guy IS a bit lucky...)

((OOC2: Yeah, oops, I missed that one line. Replied now. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:30 am

Colin grinned, "Everything's relative, I suppose... We are talking about some great lost works of a series that has celebrated its fiftieth anniversary. It's almost comparable with the mythical lost dialogue of Plato, as such."

"I would perhaps not go that far, but I can accept that a work of fiction can mean allot to some people, and if it is something you really want to do then go for it, but just know that it will be quite costly and not just in the sense of the time and effort needed to get powerful enough to actually do it."
The old Tytalus said and smiled.

He pondered, "Although, I suppose attempting to scry on the past to catch the broadcasts in a less painful manner is probably a better plan A. The broadcast times are, after all, a known fact..."

"It is likely to cause you less Paradox than actually going to the past yes and will be far easier to do."
Crexia said and nodded.

He frowned at shotgun guy and took another shot at him; the guy was well armed and apparently a bit lucky, and that is always a dangerous combination...

You fire of at the man with the shotgun, he grunted a bit as the bullet bit into his thigh not doing much damage and he aimed for you again hoping to get through Adley's shield this time, he did not but the shield did quiver, there was a limit to how much of this abuse it could take.

The rest of the Traditionalists traded blows with the Nephandi, each group stepping out between their respective shields to take shots at one another or toss a spell then ducking back again. You see one of the pawns where trying to help the Chief's downed apprentice and Doc tried to cast some spell at Adjan but it was countered. Crexia spoke something in Enochian and the Elemental lady stepped into the fight, the stones of the floor rippled as she sent her Charm to try to get past the two Nephandae's shield.

Udella cast the rote she had been working on and for a moment, just for a moment the two Nephandae's defenses faltered, a stone shark rose from below and bit one of the pawns in two, the man did not even have time to scream and the two Nephandi magi got busy trying to banish their former forced ally.

(OOC: The pawn that would not die. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:48 pm

He smiled thinly, "I think, somehow, this last guess of mine is the most correct one on the subject. It's the reason why the Verbena tend to bleed themselves so much while they work, isn't it? I'll have to get someone to better try to explain how it works; there's just something about the method I can't seem to grasp..."

He raised an eyebrow at Colin and scraped some space from the talk about the rote. 'What is the last guess of yours? To use this method? If so, I agree. However, I can only use the q. that I make this way myself or offer it, as if to a spirit, by way of bringing it to the edge of my own vibration for them to take as a gift or sacrifice. I assume 'bleeding' on it will bridge the gap in the same way. But if not, I cannot yet move q. into another's vibration or thing. If that is what needs to happen, then you are free to take what you need to move it from me to where it needs to go. Be aware that there is only so much q. in a body, usually around ten drams. If you don't leave me enough I will drop; if I don't have least three drams of my body's store I will die. Yet do what must be done.' He picked the sylus out of the wax when he was done so Colin could read the last few lines.

You fire of at the man with the shotgun, he grunted a bit as the bullet bit into his thigh not doing much damage and he aimed for you again hoping to get through Adley's shield this time, he did not but the shield did quiver, there was a limit to how much of this abuse it could take.

Adley couldn't believe this guy's luck - he'd gotten shot three times and nothing but a graze, and enough cheek to give him the finger while shooting back at them. The sea was on their side though now though and she deftly dealt with one of the pawns, not the one they'd been harassing unfortunately. His shield was getting beat to shit, better it than them but if they didn't take him out soon he was going to have to repair it in-battle, which would be far from ideal. It was clear that shooting him was proving to be a time-wasting endeavor. Instead, he tried to pull a gravity well on him, digging into his frustration into determination as he shaped the spell, just as another shell hit his shield.

Arete: 9, 1, 6 + WP - if 6 is still a sux the spell might at least go off partially with 1 sux for WP? (this guy really seems to be lucky, the way dice are rolling xD) Also, can Adley tell how much more abuse, generally, his shield can take or would that take time to assess other than 'not much more'?

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:04 pm

You cast your spell it is hasty and as your Mentor would call it rather sloppy work, but with the two Nephandae busy and distracted for a moment you got the spell through and the guy with the shotgun went to his knees, he felt allot more heavy but he was not completely incapacitated though it was clear he had real problems with moving. He did aim his shotgun at you again though but he was not even close and the shells hit the wall some distance from you and only managed to piss of the Labyrinth creature who responded by roaring and quivering.

Adjan aimed at one of the two Nephandi spellcasters that kept their group safe and fired of a shot and hit the woman in the leg she roared in pain but had the wits about her to shout something in the Nephandi language and sent and energy bolt at the Euthanatos that he neatly dodged. One of the pawns shot at the Flamingo rebis and hit them in the shoulder, the alchemist looked confused, they did not really seam to know what had happened and they touched their bloodied shoulder with disbelief. Several of the Traditionalists fired of spells but the two Nephandae managed to counter them. Everywhere there was screams, and shouts, chanting and the sound of tools being used or weapons loaded and fired. The sea elemental tried to attack again but her Charm was stopped by something Doc did, he was pressing several buttons on a device that looked like a Star Trek tricorder and the Charm just fizzled.

The Chief's apprentice was pressed to the ground and she was groaning with the discomfort, but that did not mean her magick was not working, yes she had to work without her tools as she was not able to move her thin fingers or draw breath enough to speak but her eyes went to you and the ground underneath your feet started getting hot...very hot as fire shot up from the floor itself.

(OOC: I will assume Adley want to dodge the apprentice's spell. Also his own spell do go off but not perfectly. I would say he can tell ca how much the shield can take, not perfectly but ca, two or three big impacts like an explosion from a spell or a shotgun blast and perhaps seven to ten smaller impacts before it would need to be renewed.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:28 pm

The Chief's apprentice was pressed to the ground and she was groaning with the discomfort, but that did not mean her magick was not working, yes she had to work without her tools as she was not able to move her thin fingers or draw breath enough to speak but her eyes went to you and the ground underneath your feet started getting hot...very hot as fire shot up from the floor itself.

Adley began bundling everyone backward out of the way of the incoming spell as fast as he could. Something akin to a pillar of fire was on its way, or maybe lava, and he didn't want anyone to be in its vicinity including himself!

// dex+athletics: 0, 1, 9, 6, 7

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:19 am

"I would perhaps not go that far, but I can accept that a work of fiction can mean allot to some people, and if it is something you really want to do then go for it, but just know that it will be quite costly and not just in the sense of the time and effort needed to get powerful enough to actually do it."
The old Tytalus said and smiled.
Colin nodded, "In terms of actual historical significance, the alleged lost dialogue of Plato is probably far greater - but there are a lot more people wishing for the lost episodes to be recovered. Add to that the element of personal interest in the matter..."

"It is likely to cause you less Paradox than actually going to the past yes and will be far easier to do."
Crexia said and nodded.
He sighed, "The question, obviously, being whether or not I can record the episodes from the past without bringing recording equpiment into the past with me..."

He raised an eyebrow at Colin and scraped some space from the talk about the rote. 'What is the last guess of yours? To use this method? If so, I agree. However, I can only use the q. that I make this way myself or offer it, as if to a spirit, by way of bringing it to the edge of my own vibration for them to take as a gift or sacrifice. I assume 'bleeding' on it will bridge the gap in the same way. But if not, I cannot yet move q. into another's vibration or thing. If that is what needs to happen, then you are free to take what you need to move it from me to where it needs to go. Be aware that there is only so much q. in a body, usually around ten drams. If you don't leave me enough I will drop; if I don't have least three drams of my body's store I will die. Yet do what must be done.' He picked the sylus out of the wax when he was done so Colin could read the last few lines.
He nodded, "Essentially, the thought is that it requires such a sacrifice of Quintessence, yes... It just seems to fit, somehow - she said it was hard to learn how to draw one's own blood, did she not? It makes sense that this was what she meant, all things considered..."

The rest of the Traditionalists traded blows with the Nephandi, each group stepping out between their respective shields to take shots at one another or toss a spell then ducking back again. You see one of the pawns where trying to help the Chief's downed apprentice and Doc tried to cast some spell at Adjan but it was countered. Crexia spoke something in Enochian and the Elemental lady stepped into the fight, the stones of the floor rippled as she sent her Charm to try to get past the two Nephandae's shield.

Udella cast the rote she had been working on and for a moment, just for a moment the two Nephandae's defenses faltered, a stone shark rose from below and bit one of the pawns in two, the man did not even have time to scream and the two Nephandi magi got busy trying to banish their former forced ally.
Adley couldn't believe this guy's luck - he'd gotten shot three times and nothing but a graze, and enough cheek to give him the finger while shooting back at them. The sea was on their side though now though and she deftly dealt with one of the pawns, not the one they'd been harassing unfortunately. His shield was getting beat to shit, better it than them but if they didn't take him out soon he was going to have to repair it in-battle, which would be far from ideal. It was clear that shooting him was proving to be a time-wasting endeavor. Instead, he tried to pull a gravity well on him, digging into his frustration into determination as he shaped the spell, just as another shell hit his shield.
You cast your spell it is hasty and as your Mentor would call it rather sloppy work, but with the two Nephandae busy and distracted for a moment you got the spell through and the guy with the shotgun went to his knees, he felt allot more heavy but he was not completely incapacitated though it was clear he had real problems with moving. He did aim his shotgun at you again though but he was not even close and the shells hit the wall some distance from you and only managed to piss of the Labyrinth creature who responded by roaring and quivering.

Adjan aimed at one of the two Nephandi spellcasters that kept their group safe and fired of a shot and hit the woman in the leg she roared in pain but had the wits about her to shout something in the Nephandi language and sent and energy bolt at the Euthanatos that he neatly dodged. One of the pawns shot at the Flamingo rebis and hit them in the shoulder, the alchemist looked confused, they did not really seam to know what had happened and they touched their bloodied shoulder with disbelief. Several of the Traditionalists fired of spells but the two Nephandae managed to counter them. Everywhere there was screams, and shouts, chanting and the sound of tools being used or weapons loaded and fired. The sea elemental tried to attack again but her Charm was stopped by something Doc did, he was pressing several buttons on a device that looked like a Star Trek tricorder and the Charm just fizzled.

He frowned as things were heating up, and pointed his ring toward the Doc with a hastily muttered "Gladius ex malomagia ad medicus malus!"

((OOC: Basically, trying to drain some of the effect of this upcoming fire into a plain ol' prime bolt for the Doc. Arete roll: 5,6,7. Well, it might distract the guy... Razz ))

((OOC2: That pawn is WAY OP for a game of chess... Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:05 am

Adley began bundling everyone backward out of the way of the incoming spell as fast as he could. Something akin to a pillar of fire was on its way, or maybe lava, and he didn't want anyone to be in its vicinity including himself!

You managed to move yourself, and the others who you protected out of the way before fire shoot up out of the ground, it was not as impressive as Udella's flame pillars not by a long shot but if it had hit it would have hurt.
"Cheeky girl."
Olamide muttered as she worked on her own magick and sent a ball of flame in return towards the group of Nephandi but it was countered by the twp woman who where guarding the group of Fallen.

Colin nodded, "In terms of actual historical significance, the alleged lost dialogue of Plato is probably far greater - but there are a lot more people wishing for the lost episodes to be recovered. Add to that the element of personal interest in the matter..."

"Well it have to be your choice what you decide is worth tasting the scourge for."
Crexia said.
"Just know that the thing you speak of will not be cheap."

He sighed, "The question, obviously, being whether or not I can record the episodes from the past without bringing recording equpiment into the past with me..."

"Well there is always magick that can be used for that however if you are just tapping into transmissions from the past using recording equipment should not be a problem and if you actually physically time travel your presence will change enough that you bringing recording equipment along generally will not make that much of a difference when it comes to how much of a disturbance you will cause."
The archmage said and raised an eyebrow.
"As long as you do not give that equipment to the sleepers at the time."

He frowned as things were heating up, and pointed his ring toward the Doc with a hastily muttered "Gladius ex malomagia ad medicus malus!"

Just as fire erupted where Adley had stood a moment before you used it's energies and the flames died down and you cast a Prime bolt at Doc but your magick was rather quickly countered by the two guarding Nepandae. As the battle raged around you and everyone traded blows Udella turned to you.
"Young man, if I can take their defenses down for a moment do you think you could end one of those women and by that weakening their protection?"
The old Quesitor asked and pointed at the two women who where guarding the rest.

Superpawn tried to shoot at you again, but from his pressed position he missed by a long shot and then he seamed to be out of ammo for all he could do was rage where Adley's spell kept him pressed to the ground. Other than that for the moment the battle was allot of back and forth between the two sides mostly involving shielding against projectiles, and countering one another's effects.

(OOC: That pawn will get a raise, fun time with the prisoners and cookies by Abigail.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:02 pm

He nodded, "Essentially, the thought is that it requires such a sacrifice of Quintessence, yes... It just seems to fit, somehow - she said it was hard to learn how to draw one's own blood, did she not? It makes sense that this was what she meant, all things considered..."

He gave him another, more thoughtful nod nod and then reviewed everything on the slab one more time. "Anything else?" he asked, motioning to scrape it clean to give back to Crexia.

You managed to move yourself, and the others who you protected out of the way before fire shoot up out of the ground, it was not as impressive as Udella's flame pillars not by a long shot but if it had hit it would have hurt.
"Cheeky girl." Olamide muttered

Just as fire erupted where Adley had stood a moment before you used it's energies and the flames died down and you cast a Prime bolt at Doc but your magick was rather quickly countered by the two guarding Nepandae. As the battle raged around you and everyone traded blows Udella turned to you.
"Young man, if I can take their defenses down for a moment do you think you could end one of those women and by that weakening their protection?"

He was glad to get out of the way before he got roasted. It would not have impressed his mentor if he got burnt before he got a chance to do the same to the enemy. Yet he had no idea how the apprentice had managed a spell - he had seen nothing like motion or voice for him to counter. And speaking of countering, he noted their two counterspellers and frowned, trying to see how they were working their spells. They were putting a major dent in their firepower getting through. If Colin was going to take them out, he looked for any other pawns to target (including to see if the one he took down was recovering or the one with the shotgun was trying to reload) to take out. He also gave a look to the apprentice...he didn't trust her not to try to fry them again and otherwise was ready to provide cover.

// ooc1: lol re: Colin risking paradox for Doctor Who <3 True fan. Crexia must think he's losing it.
ooc2: LOL Superpawn.

ooc3: Ok, so I forgot how many pawns there were and adveraries in general, one got hit and went down, one is under a half-assed gravity well and might not have any ammo. Then there is the Doc, the apprentice under a gravity well but still casting, and one other woman counterspelling? Or are there two counterspelling women plus the apprentice and someone else? Thanks!

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:15 pm

And speaking of countering, he noted their two counterspellers and frowned, trying to see how they were working their spells. They were putting a major dent in their firepower getting through.

One of the two women where using a staff and muttering something over it. The other had a phone or small tablet in her hand and seamed to be using that device as a focus.

If Colin was going to take them out, he looked for any other pawns to target (including to see if the one he took down was recovering or the one with the shotgun was trying to reload) to take out. He also gave a look to the apprentice...he didn't trust her not to try to fry them again and otherwise was ready to provide cover.

The apprentice looked focused, she could clearly work with no foci, or perhaps she had internal methods she used, likely she was working on another spell though being pressed to the floor by gravity made things hard for her and she was clearly in pain. Of the pawns there where ten left alive, including the man you had pressed down who was still unable to move but who would continue to be a problem just as soon as your spell ended, the one who had gone down was still down though. The others where trying to get through Hayden's shield that he was constantly trying to keep refreshing, you saw your fellow Flambeau getting rather exhausted by the constant spellcasting. Of the Nephandi the Chief's apprentice was alive, pressed down and angry. The two counterspellers very busy counterspelling and providing a kinetic shield, and Doc where busy with his device cooking up some trouble while he joyfully rubbed his wounds with his tentacles.

One of the pawns, a woman with a gun ducked out behind the kinetic shield and took aim at you to fire but Adjan shot at her and missed before she had the chance and she had to duck back within cover. The suddenly Doc smiled and the pawns backed a bit away from him giving a clear path between Adjan's group and the older Nephandus, clearly his spell was done and he was about to activate it.

(OOC: Crexia do probably thin Colin have lost it yes.)
(OOC 2: It is like with miniature wargaming, there is always that one model, usually a small and weak one that survive just about anything. Razz )
(OOC 3: There are ten pawns alive, one of them badly hurt, then there is Doc, two counterspellers who also provide a shield both of them woman and the apprentice who are doing her best to be useful under pressure. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:49 pm

// can Adley try to bust Doc's focus this round so he can't cast whatever merry hell he's up to or is it too late?

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:52 pm

(OOC: He can try yes, Doc is behind the two counterspellers line, however they can not keep track of everything so yes since they have opened up so the man can cast his rote on Adjan's group. And his rote is not manifesting yet so Adley can try.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:02 pm

He wasn't sure what the man was about to cast with his fancy tools but he had to be stopped, now. Adley couldn't try his own counterspell on him since he had no idea what he had been up to, which left him with trying to take the man down or targeting his tool. He hoped that Colin's good luck rubbed off as he gathered together a bolt of destructive primal energies targeting the thing in the Doc's hand...(tentacle?) He felt his hands work the signs for vim and perdo, channeling quintessence right into the words as he spoke the words for the pure magickal attack aloud, directing the course of it at the tool.

// Holy Stroke uses one Quint to fire it up, then 1 WP being spent into it as he really needs this to go off -right now-
Arete: 9, 9, 7 +1wp. 1 sux goes to target, 1 sux goes to activating the rote, which leaves 2 agg (if I got this right, the diff is not over 7 and if nothing stops the spell)

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:33 pm

Doc was holding the tool in his hand but one of his tentacles was working with it, he looked very pleased whit himself and then there was bolt of pure energy hitting his tool, it was not even tossed, it was nothing he could evade the tricorder like devise just suddenly started smoking and then it exploded in his hand, leaving some nasty burns and whatever spell the Nephandi technomancer had planned fissile out into nothing. Doc seamed to know who was responsible through and he gave you a half angry, half shocked look as he looked down at his broken device looking like a kid where someone had just broken his toy and he cursed at you in the Nephandi language, you did not understand the words but you got the gist of what he told you to go and do preferably with a cactus. The Nephandus shook his wounded hand, trying to get his fingers to work again, looking a bit lost at the moment then he begun to ransack the dead pawns on the floor, probably for a phone or anything else he could use to do his magick.

(OOC: Poor technomancer now without his tool they do not like that.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:09 am

We're mostly powerless, indeed, but two days ago she couldn't sleep, and now she's been sleeping for almost a day now. She's getting better. You got a fighter there, a real one. he said with a half smile So! WHat plan have they thought?
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 30  Next