Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19

5 posters

Page 20 of 30 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25 ... 30  Next

Go down

The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19 - Page 20 Empty Re: The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:21 pm

"I would not lie about something like that to a prisoner, I will show them enough respect not to do that, I will not loose my honor in the process."
Jeffry said with a hard tone to his voice.
"Yes ripping the information from his mind can be done, and Master Steelhaven can probably do so in a way that will not physically hurt, but for me at least having my mind raped in such a way would be worse than torture so the ethical dilemma still remain, though the information would be reliable at least...as for scrying through time yes that is possible but it is not one particular action or place in time we are looking for but more knowledge generated by him living or working with the Nephandi making that allot harder, scyring through time is a good tool when you need to find out what happened at room 9 at Wednesday the fifth of may at midnight it is not so good at finding general information."
The old Hermetic said and shook his head in frustration.
"You are right though Mr Karyak there are no salvation for this man unfortunately...we can make his final days more comfortable but that is also all we can offer."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19 - Page 20 Empty Re: The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19

Post by Adley Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:18 am

Zach nodded he handed you a bottle of water and three very unassuming stones that looked like gravel from a conduction yard, well they where exactly that Tass from the much contested construction yard Node, the three pebbles contained in all around four drams of Tass.
"What type of bullets do your weapon use?" Zach asked as he handed the water and the Tass of to you.

"Thank you," he said, taking the tass and water. "Nine millimeter," he replied, putting the tass away and then taking a few gulps of water before stashing it as well.

Crexia nodded she did not alert the others just yet she did not want the chatter to stop and by that alert whatever was there, she just pointed at you, Colin and Hayden and motioned you to follow her as she quickly moved towards the Security Chief's door.

He returned Crexia's nod and drew his gun, following in her wake.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:02 am

Leon nodded at that.
"Well it is sort of nice that souls move in groups but I guess there is a chance that will lead to allot of old grunges never really dying though I suppose each new life means new individuals."
Colin smiled, "Quite the opposite, actually - I've seen age-old enemies come together as brothers, in a manner of speaking. I suspect grudges are far more a mortal thing than something that lingers with the Avatar - even if the bonds between two might cause some passionate clashes from incarnation to incarnation..."

"Well she is quite a lady and fair..."
Zach agreed and nodded then he sigh.
"I forget about the Hermetics and their bloody names...but wait you are not a Hermetic are you...well actually since I don't know you then you might be for all I know...fine fine I will try to avoid saying any more names."
The Virtual Adept said and Crexia smiled a little at that.
He shook his head, "No, I am not... I think, perhaps, I was in a previous life, when Tremere was still a noble House, but that was centuries and lives ago..."

"Well there is an isolation room in the infirmary, just a small room for when someone have something contagious and a curtain could be used, we are anyway setting up a secondary room since the infirmary only have six beds we are not a hospital after all and we do not know how many wounded will come in. I will talk with Mr Horton if he think the girl should be moved and I will find someone kind to watch over her."
Samantha agreed.
"And I doubt anyone will try to give her any treatments she do not consent to, but I will let Mr Horton know how afraid she is just to be sure, with someone that scared and offer can be seen as a threat."
He nodded, "Oh, that reminds me - if Dr. Lee insists on examining her, he may, but on the explicit condition of no needles. Any blood drawing can be done with a scalpel, but not a catheter or needle. On pain of pain."

"Well then again chicks like men with scars so you never know."
Samantha joked and plucked at the harness that kept her mobile.
"Or you could tell the man your clothes where destroyed as you where fighting a cult of evil mages intent on world destruction, he might believe you then again if he do I would check the state of his Avatar it might not be sleeping."
He frowned, "You know, I think I will be just as well off not going into details at all..."

"I see, well then good luck to all of you and come back safe please."
Samantha said and smiled.
He nodded, "I shall do my very best."

"Master Ir have examined him he says his Avatar have superficial damage akin to a massive Paradox backlash but he should be fine in a week or two, he recommend that Mr Tallweller not use magick for a week and take a sedative to help him sleep despite the pain he is in but he should be fine with rest or at least that is what I was told before coming down here to greet you since Master Ir though Mr Tallweller would want to know about his brother, if possible the man should go to Horizon it's suns have a slight healing effect on souls, but he should be fine regardless."
Samantha explained.
"He is in the infirmary, Mr Horton gave him something to help him sleep."
He smiled, "Good to hear - he's a brave man, and knowing that he's not in danger should help keep the younger brother focused and calm."

"So do I the Chantry I belong to is not Morningstar but one of the smaller Chantries in Chicago having dinner at Morningstar is an experience though."
Zach said and grinned as the portal closed leaving your group again to your own devices in the middle of a Labyrinth.
He grinned, "Well, at least you're in the right city, so you always have the option of strolling by on a pleasant day. Not so easy to do from another state."

Hayden gave a grin and nodded he cast a quick spell using the modern hand gestures for Creo and Ignem and the water in the cups simmered up and then settled down into drinking temperature.
"Ah good, I am not sure I could eat but something hot to drink would be welcome thank you."
Hayden said and accepted one of the cups he to was covered in dried blood and he had a haggard look in his eyes. It was just about then you notice Crexia pointing at you and Hayden along with Adley and then pointed at the door to the dead Chief's room and made a gesture for you to follow her as she drew her whip and quietly moved in that directing letting the others eat and pass the supplies around.
He nodded, "That's remarkably neat work. Well, if you're not hungry, I can certainly do with a bit of food..."
He let the tea steep as he took a bite out of one sandwich and noticed Crexia's gesture with a frown. "Nomf... bugger, pass the other sandwich on, would you? Seems there's trouble..."
He stuffed the rest of the sandwich into his mouth and calmly stepped up to Crexia's flank, teacup in his left hand and pistol in the right, "Mrgnmf?"

((OOC: No rest for the wicked, is it?))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:45 am

Colin smiled, "Quite the opposite, actually - I've seen age-old enemies come together as brothers, in a manner of speaking. I suspect grudges are far more a mortal thing than something that lingers with the Avatar - even if the bonds between two might cause some passionate clashes from incarnation to incarnation..."

"Well I guess that Avatars are...better than us all, they are our higher selves after all, and when they have learned from a grudge they leave it be, perhaps we should learn more from them."
Leon said then he shrugged.
"But we are after all only human as I said but the idea is nice."

He shook his head, "No, I am not... I think, perhaps, I was in a previous life, when Tremere was still a noble House, but that was centuries and lives ago..."

Zach nodded and scratched his head.
"Yeah that is right the Order have a lost House named that, something about vampires right, I mean you would not believe such things exist but visit Morningstar at night and there is Isa...oh shit the name thing...right."
He said as Crexia turned to glare at him but not all of that came from him nearly dropping another name.
"Yes it seams that is all House Tremere are remembered for..."
She said sadly then hid her emotion.

He nodded, "Oh, that reminds me - if Dr. Lee insists on examining her, he may, but on the explicit condition of no needles. Any blood drawing can be done with a scalpel, but not a catheter or needle. On pain of pain."

"I will let him know that if I see him, I do think he went along with the rest of you back to Boston with a portal though Sir so you might see him before me."
Samantha said and nodded.
"But I will let Mr Horton and his team know the girl is not to be forced into anything, though I doubt any of them will force her if she is not dying on the spot and there are no other way to save her than ignore her wishes. If blood is needed I am sure Lady Arden can get a sample painlessly from the girl using her magick though."

He frowned, "You know, I think I will be just as well off not going into details at all..."

Samantha gave a laugh at that.
"Yes that might be best."

He nodded, "I shall do my very best."

The Sons of Ether maga nodded at that though she did look worried for everyone's safety.

He smiled, "Good to hear - he's a brave man, and knowing that he's not in danger should help keep the younger brother focused and calm."

"He is a brave man, a good man, and no he is not in danger he will be just fine and his brother can fuss over him when he returns from the Labyrinth."
Samantha said and smiled.

He grinned, "Well, at least you're in the right city, so you always have the option of strolling by on a pleasant day. Not so easy to do from another state."

"True enough and our Chantries are allies so we have allot to do with one another."
Zach said and nodded.
"And she do cook wonderfully she is quite a lady."

"Thank you," he said, taking the tass and water. "Nine millimeter," he replied, putting the tass away and then taking a few gulps of water before stashing it as well.

Zach nodded and found a clip of bullets for you and handed you.
"Is this enough?"
He asked?

He returned Crexia's nod and drew his gun, following in her wake.

He let the tea steep as he took a bite out of one sandwich and noticed Crexia's gesture with a frown. "Nomf... bugger, pass the other sandwich on, would you? Seems there's trouble..."
He stuffed the rest of the sandwich into his mouth and calmly stepped up to Crexia's flank, teacup in his left hand and pistol in the right, "Mrgnmf?"

Hayden nodded he handed his sandwich to Andy and followed along. When you got to the door to the Chief's room you could hear a man's voice softly chanting on the other side of the door. Adley would be able to tell that something involving fire was being conjured, allot of fire. Crexia's eyes widened at bit.
"Stop him."
She whispered and she begun to ready a spell of her own as she motioned for one of you to quickly open the door.

(OOC: Well the few remaining Nephandi do not exactly want your group to take down the Labyrinth they are not going to roll out the welcome mat. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:15 pm

Zach nodded and scratched his head.
"Yeah that is right the Order have a lost House named that, something about vampires right, I mean you would not believe such things exist but visit Morningstar at night and there is Isa...oh shit the name thing...right."
He said as Crexia turned to glare at him but not all of that came from him nearly dropping another name.
"Yes it seams that is all House Tremere are remembered for..."
She said sadly then hid her emotion.
Colin sighed, "Shrewd politicians, diplomats and warriors, but all anyone remembers is their mercifully short list of serious mistakes... Perhaps it is time some of the survivors from the fall got to tell their story, the good as well as the bad..."

"I will let him know that if I see him, I do think he went along with the rest of you back to Boston with a portal though Sir so you might see him before me."
Samantha said and nodded.
"But I will let Mr Horton and his team know the girl is not to be forced into anything, though I doubt any of them will force her if she is not dying on the spot and there are no other way to save her than ignore her wishes. If blood is needed I am sure Lady Arden can get a sample painlessly from the girl using her magick though."
He nodded, "Ah, I was not certain where he was. And yes, if she is preoccupied with dying rapidly, the fear of needles can probably be overlooked. And yes, the good Lady would probably be a good choice for the poor child, if indeed a sample is necessary."

"True enough and our Chantries are allies so we have allot to do with one another."
Zach said and nodded.
"And she do cook wonderfully she is quite a lady."
He nodded, "She is indeed extraordinary. Even for Mage society."

Hayden nodded he handed his sandwich to Andy and followed along. When you got to the door to the Chief's room you could hear a man's voice softly chanting on the other side of the door. Adley would be able to tell that something involving fire was being conjured, allot of fire. Crexia's eyes widened at bit.
"Stop him."
She whispered and she begun to ready a spell of her own as she motioned for one of you to quickly open the door.
Colin frowned and stepped up next to the door and turned the doorknob, pushing it open as quietly as he could once no-one was standing immediately in front of the doorway, and peeked inside quickly.

((OOC: No, but the least they could do is honor the lunch break, and maybe sit down for a snack themselves instead of going all kablooey with the place. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:34 pm

Colin sighed, "Shrewd politicians, diplomats and warriors, but all anyone remembers is their mercifully short list of serious mistakes... Perhaps it is time some of the survivors from the fall got to tell their story, the good as well as the bad..."

"Perhaps that is indeed time. I do not deny that House Tremere had...faults, and how the Founder reacted when his failed lichdom ritual turned him into a vampire is unforgivable but the House was noble once, perhaps it is time more knew that."
Crexia said and gave you a grateful smile. Zach still looked unconvinced though he found it wisest not to say anything.

He nodded, "Ah, I was not certain where he was. And yes, if she is preoccupied with dying rapidly, the fear of needles can probably be overlooked. And yes, the good Lady would probably be a good choice for the poor child, if indeed a sample is necessary."

"I do believe the good doctor went home to Boston along with Miss Adlebloom and Miss Bergen. Well if the young prisoner is dying whatever needed to save her have to be done but in most cases alternatives can be found, we are mages after all. I have seen Lady Arden pull blood right out of a person without there being any wound, it is complicated magick and not many can do it but she can. For now the child is in good hands, and none of our healers are known to be cruel."
Samantha said and gave you a reassuring smile.

He nodded, "She is indeed extraordinary. Even for Mage society."

"That she is."
Zach agreed and nodded.

Colin frowned and stepped up next to the door and turned the doorknob, pushing it open as quietly as he could once no-one was standing immediately in front of the doorway, and peeked inside quickly.

You saw a man standing, deeply focused his hands where moving quickly as he cast a spell, before him there was a area of hot, rippling air though without looking at it with magickal senses you could discern nothing more about it, whatever the was it was not likely to be good. The man had black hair, pale skin, a sharp nose and pale blue eyes, he was a bit to grunt to be handsome and he was wearing a black leather jacket over a white teshirt, and blue jeans, he had a pretty bad wound from a bullet in his side and his right forearm was burned he looked rather tired and desperate. Crexia swore under the breath she did not have and ordered.
"Take him down I will deal with his rote!"

(OOC: Yeah the Nephandi are down right rude are they not?)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:20 pm

You saw a man standing, deeply focused his hands where moving quickly as he cast a spell, before him there was a area of hot, rippling air though without looking at it with magickal senses you could discern nothing more about it, whatever the was it was not likely to be good. The man had black hair, pale skin, a sharp nose and pale blue eyes, he was a bit to grunt to be handsome and he was wearing a black leather jacket over a white teshirt, and blue jeans, he had a pretty bad wound from a bullet in his side and his right forearm was burned he looked rather tired and desperate. Crexia swore under the breath she did not have and ordered.
"Take him down I will deal with his rote!"
Colin's eyes widened slightly, and on Crexia's order, his left hand shot up, flinging the cupful of hot tea, bag and all, at the Nephandus' face before raising his pistol and taking aim, "Bloody hell, where'd you come from?"

((OOC: Dex+Athletics seems the appropriate roll to toss a cuppa tea at the guy - with a little luck, it should at least throw off his concentration while the guns come up. Razz Dex+Athl: 2,6,8,9,0. Well, that should at least give off a little steam...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:28 pm

You tossed your freshly warmed cup of tea, which was smelling lovely by the way it was Mirri's own blend after all, right at the chanting man's face and his chanting turned into screams as he reached up to his scalded face, took a step back and his fingers begun to move again for some new rote, probably something to defend himself with. Crexia had started working her own magick as soon as her order was given and she was focusing on that slightly shimmering part of air intently as she chanted in Greek using old hand gestures and trusting you, Adley and Heyden to take care of the man so she could work in peace.

Hayden softly swore and you heard a few Latin words from him as he prepared something, you knew the Flambeau to be a quick and agile spellcaster, still a gun was probably faster.

(OOC: That are some very good tea wasted on someone who do not appreciate it. Also we should probably wait for Strife before we take the scene further so Adley gets to respond.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:49 am

As Colin and Hayden came up to them, he looked from the teacup in Colin's hand, back to him with the sandwich jammed into his mouth and then back towards the door as he caught bits of Latin chanting. Ignem...lots of ignem. He nodded at Crexia and as Colin opened the door, levelled his gun and took stock of what was going on behind the door, finding his target. A man, shot, furiously muttering incantations, quickly doused in hot tea courtesy of his friend. He looked for signs he had a shield up, the tea seemed not to indicate one, before he took aim and fired at the attacker.

// thanks for waiting, I had a migraine over the last day so it put a damper on stuff and I am still feeling kind of out of it. Like a hangover, it impedes clear thinking, like I'm under some brainfog, even afterward. Sorry if it's a bit lackluster.

Lol@ Colin, with the tea... Razz Razz

@Anja: Let me know if you want a roll for him looking the guy over - I'm assuming that there's enough room to target the guy but if not apply modifiers for close combat/friendly fire
Firearms: 5, 0, 3, 9, 8, 0 (at 2 penalty)
Dmg: at standard diff, 4+3=7 (if the difficulty is higher, just knock off the ones on the end pls): 2 ,6, 2, 8, 6, 5, 7

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:32 am

You looked at the man you where not complete sure of what rote he was casting but it was something that would go boom...it would go boom allot and take this entire part of the labyrinth with it and considering the Node probably spread into the physical word as well. You think it might be a Ball of Abysmal flame, a magickal bomb, at least those would take a little time to go off, but it was also clear that if you did not stop the man you and your group would be in allot of trouble.

You raised your gun at the black haired man and fired, he screamed as he bullet hit him in his shoulder and sent him tumbling to the floor, he was already injured and that bullet did allot of damage to him, gasping he struggled to stay conscious, he definitively did not have a shield, he did try to lob a fireball in your direction though but he was in pretty bad condition and the spell ended up rather harmless and it just bounced off your shied and turned to embers on the floor.

The magical bomb on the floor started pulsating quicker though and Crexia swore under her breath as she worked to diffuse it or in other ways make sure your group the Labyrinth and a big bit of Chicago did not go at the same time it did. The Man who was now on the floor was stearing intently at the bomb, clearly trying to go down with a boom as it where.

(OOC: Now a problem I hope you will be feeling better soon take the time you need.)
(OOC 2: Well I would say close quarters friendly fire more apply when there is allot of movement or you have one ally struggling with the person you want to shoot here you are at the door right next to Crexia and Colin and the Nephandus is right inside it so aiming past Colin should not be much of a problem. Poor Nephandus here he was just working his magick and he get hot tea in his face, you know how irritating it is to get a working interrupted...and then he gets shot, well he will have something to bitch about on Facebook tonight. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:15 pm

You tossed your freshly warmed cup of tea, which was smelling lovely by the way it was Mirri's own blend after all, right at the chanting man's face and his chanting turned into screams as he reached up to his scalded face, took a step back and his fingers begun to move again for some new rote, probably something to defend himself with. Crexia had started working her own magick as soon as her order was given and she was focusing on that slightly shimmering part of air intently as she chanted in Greek using old hand gestures and trusting you, Adley and Heyden to take care of the man so she could work in peace.

Hayden softly swore and you heard a few Latin words from him as he prepared something, you knew the Flambeau to be a quick and agile spellcaster, still a gun was probably faster.
As Colin and Hayden came up to them, he looked from the teacup in Colin's hand, back to him with the sandwich jammed into his mouth and then back towards the door as he caught bits of Latin chanting. Ignem...lots of ignem. He nodded at Crexia and as Colin opened the door, levelled his gun and took stock of what was going on behind the door, finding his target. A man, shot, furiously muttering incantations, quickly doused in hot tea courtesy of his friend. He looked for signs he had a shield up, the tea seemed not to indicate one, before he took aim and fired at the attacker.
You looked at the man you where not complete sure of what rote he was casting but it was something that would go boom...it would go boom allot and take this entire part of the labyrinth with it and considering the Node probably spread into the physical word as well. You think it might be a Ball of Abysmal flame, a magickal bomb, at least those would take a little time to go off, but it was also clear that if you did not stop the man you and your group would be in allot of trouble.

You raised your gun at the black haired man and fired, he screamed as he bullet hit him in his shoulder and sent him tumbling to the floor, he was already injured and that bullet did allot of damage to him, gasping he struggled to stay conscious, he definitively did not have a shield, he did try to lob a fireball in your direction though but he was in pretty bad condition and the spell ended up rather harmless and it just bounced off your shied and turned to embers on the floor.

The magical bomb on the floor started pulsating quicker though and Crexia swore under her breath as she worked to diffuse it or in other ways make sure your group the Labyrinth and a big bit of Chicago did not go at the same time it did. The Man who was now on the floor was stearing intently at the bomb, clearly trying to go down with a boom as it where.
Colin looked briefly saddened by the loss of the team then dropped the cup and aimed his ring at the ripple in the air, "Bloody hell... Give me a hole in that thing, I'll help drain it! Gladius ex malomagia!"
Thinking quickly, he willed a shard of primal fire to draw on the ambient Quintessence and manifest lengthwise above the Fallen, to obscure his vision and distract his concentration at once.

((OOC: So, Arete roll to drain a lanced boil, like in the Umbral Port: 3,6,0. That good enough for a slow, steady trickle, at least?))

((OOC2: If his spell gets hijacked to make a vulgar display of impotence instead of an all-consuming fireball, I think bitching on Facebook will be the least of his problems. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:32 pm

Crexia nodded and changed the tone of her chanting a bit and the wording, it was a mark of her skill that she could so quickly change her working and she quickly begun to disenchant the Nephandus' rote to give you access into the nasty boil of fire that was ready to erupt into reality. You briefly brushed past the lich lady's magick as you cast your own, it felt cold, and yet beautiful like finely crafted metal. You did manage to get your own magick wedged into the growing ball of fire, draining of some of it's Quintessence and creating an impressive display of putrid blackish fire right above the fireball's caster, the man backed away and lifted a long, slender hand to shield his eyes, in his weakened state it was clear that the sudden flare of unholy light did disrupt his concentration, not that the drain was to much yet at least and it was probably less than what the ball was drawing from the surroundings, secondly looking at your Primal flare was not to comfortable for the rest of you either.
"Good if you can slow the growth of the rote a bit young man I will make sure the explosion is harmless to us."
Crexia said softly as there was a pause in her chanting before she continued her precise, delicate spellcasting.

(OOC: Well not vulgar in the Paradox sense of the word in the labyrinth realm but yes that is not a happy Nephandus, it is not his day.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:57 am

Crexia nodded and changed the tone of her chanting a bit and the wording, it was a mark of her skill that she could so quickly change her working and she quickly begun to disenchant the Nephandus' rote to give you access into the nasty boil of fire that was ready to erupt into reality. You briefly brushed past the lich lady's magick as you cast your own, it felt cold, and yet beautiful like finely crafted metal. You did manage to get your own magick wedged into the growing ball of fire, draining of some of it's Quintessence and creating an impressive display of putrid blackish fire right above the fireball's caster, the man backed away and lifted a long, slender hand to shield his eyes, in his weakened state it was clear that the sudden flare of unholy light did disrupt his concentration, not that the drain was to much yet at least and it was probably less than what the ball was drawing from the surroundings, secondly looking at your Primal flare was not to comfortable for the rest of you either.
"Good if you can slow the growth of the rote a bit young man I will make sure the explosion is harmless to us."
Crexia said softly as there was a pause in her chanting before she continued her precise, delicate spellcasting.
He nodded and, as the flare kept burning steadily, if slowly, he started working something new - a cocoon of countermagic to surround and pester the man on the floor, drawing strength through the same little valve used by the flare, "Globulus silencio mundanus ad malomagus ex malomagia..."

((OOC: Colin's going to need a little time on this one - but basically, a shell of self-reinforcing antimagic around the Nephandus, bitterly ironically fueled by his own spell... Arete rolls, P2 effect: 3,9,0 - 1,0,0 - 5,6,6... I make that either five or six successes; I think the diff is 6 here? Or is it 5? Either way, Colin takes the time to make sure the spell has the necessary strength to drain faster and keep the guy on the floor a bit more incapacitated... but only the three turns. Strife, the stage is yours. Wink ))

((OOC: Paradox aside, there's nothing about that tainted flame that isn't vulgar. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:50 am

You worked your magick, it was far easier to work here near that damned Node. The Nephandus again tried to work an effect of his own and as you worked he managed to get one of, a simple fireball that he tossed at Adley, the projectile of hot air and flame crackling as it left his fingertips and flew towards the young Hermetic, then it seamed your spell went into effect for no more magick came from the Nephandus, or it might be his wounds where bothering him for it did seam like he was struggling to keep himself awake. All the while Crexia was working on a rote of her own, she ignored what else was going on and focused on her own magick muttering softly in tune to her own precise hand gestures.

(OOC: Strife I assume Adley will want to dodge that fireball. And yes the diff is 5.)

(OOC 2: Well yes that is pretty vulgar indeed.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:41 pm

You raised your gun at the black haired man and fired, he screamed as he bullet hit him in his shoulder and sent him tumbling to the floor, he was already injured and that bullet did allot of damage to him, gasping he struggled to stay conscious, he definitively did not have a shield, he did try to lob a fireball in your direction though but he was in pretty bad condition and the spell ended up rather harmless and it just bounced off your shied and turned to embers on the floor
Colin looked briefly saddened by the loss of the team then dropped the cup and aimed his ring at the ripple in the air, "Bloody hell... Give me a hole in that thing, I'll help drain it! Gladius ex malomagia!"
Crexia said softly
The Nephandus again tried to work an effect of his own and as you worked he managed to get one of, a simple fireball that he tossed at Adley, the projectile of hot air and flame crackling as it left his fingertips and flew towards the young Hermetic

Instinctively, he moved to get out of the way of the first fireball. It fizzled out and then he tried to take aim again, but there was a sudden shifting, blacklight that appeared near the Nephandi that made it hard to see him well at first. The next thing he knew the guy had managed another fireball, he was fast even in his state, and this one was better than the last. He tried to stagger and duck out of its way.

// sorry I didn't post, still had some migraine and felt cranky lol. Also it's basically the tropics for some reason, it's ~22C out and 95% humidity, overcast with random sprinkles of rain. And was not much different last night and the day before.   Keeping an eye out in case I have to bring my plants in if there are real showers. Blech.

Dex+Ath (dodge): 5, 3, 8, 5, 7

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:06 pm

You managed to stagger and duck out of the way of the fireball but just barely you felt some of the hairs in your short beard being singed as you moved, at least you where not hit but the ball of flame and hot air and it rushed past you and into the chamber beyond, you heard some of the others who had been busy with the supplies cry out.
"Fuck what is going on?"
"I do not know."
"Ok get the healers and the non combatants back!"
Adjan finally ordered as he tried to organize the group of mages in case there where a new threat coming.

(OOC: No problem, take care of your health. My grandmother had migraines so I can understand how it is. I hope your plants will be ok, for myself I have given up I can not even keep cacti alive.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:19 pm

He scowled, twice now a fireball thrown at him but at least they'd missed! He aimed at the Nephandi and tried to fire on him again, before he got the idea to try one more time.

// Firearms: 6, 5, 4, 2, 0, 1 - that's a miss for defo, thankfully got a sux so it's not a botch. At this rate the guy's gonna pass out from wounds before he's shot to death outright >. < Am I caught up in rounds?

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:27 pm

You aimed at the Nephandus but the man seamed to be as lucky as he was skilled with making fire so the bullet passed clearly over his head never touching him. Again you saw the man struggling to stay awake it was all he could do to keep conscious and he grunted a little from the pain of his wounds, he seamed to want to try another spell but clearly did did not even start to go off for he just stared at his hands with a slightly desperate look, blood loss was dulling his senses and he could not manage the complex hand gestures.

(OOC: Yeah the Nephandus have been very lucky with his rolls so far, not so much this time though but he did manage to stay awake at least he is tenacious. Yes Aley is caught up with rounds.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:43 pm

You worked your magick, it was far easier to work here near that damned Node. The Nephandus again tried to work an effect of his own and as you worked he managed to get one of, a simple fireball that he tossed at Adley, the projectile of hot air and flame crackling as it left his fingertips and flew towards the young Hermetic, then it seamed your spell went into effect for no more magick came from the Nephandus, or it might be his wounds where bothering him for it did seam like he was struggling to keep himself awake. All the while Crexia was working on a rote of her own, she ignored what else was going on and focused on her own magick muttering softly in tune to her own precise hand gestures.
You managed to stagger and duck out of the way of the fireball but just barely you felt some of the hairs in your short beard being singed as you moved, at least you where not hit but the ball of flame and hot air and it rushed past you and into the chamber beyond, you heard some of the others who had been busy with the supplies cry out.
"Fuck what is going on?"
"I do not know."
"Ok get the healers and the non combatants back!"
Adjan finally ordered as he tried to organize the group of mages in case there where a new threat coming.
You aimed at the Nephandus but the man seamed to be as lucky as he was skilled with making fire so the bullet passed clearly over his head never touching him. Again you saw the man struggling to stay awake it was all he could do to keep conscious and he grunted a little from the pain of his wounds, he seamed to want to try another spell but clearly did did not even start to go off for he just stared at his hands with a slightly desperate look, blood loss was dulling his senses and he could not manage the complex hand gestures.
Colin allowed himself a brief moment of relief as that seemed to help impede the guy inside... then he glanced toward the others, "A few among you have been taught my Rote - care to come over and lend a hand to vent something?"
He turned his attention back on the energy ball, and started on another spell to help drain; this time, willing up another primal shard in the corridor, down to the side of the door, opposite the direction in which the others were lounging, "Gladius ex malomagia!"

((OOC: Yet another emergency valve to drain the huge fireball; Arete roll: 6,9,0... Well, that should certainly be helpful, even if not the most potent drain in the room... ))

((OOC2: Sounds like you're suffering conditions not unlike what we've been "enjoying" here lately, Strife. There've been the summer thunderstorms in over the past week or so... Messes up my sleep cycle and my mood, it does. :/ ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:07 pm

Colin allowed himself a brief moment of relief as that seemed to help impede the guy inside... then he glanced toward the others, "A few among you have been taught my Rote - care to come over and lend a hand to vent something?"

Adjan, Leon and Udella came over. Udella glanced at the unfinished fireball on the floor and Crexia's work and nodded.
"We can lend a head young man."
She said and quickly set up her own spell to help drain the ball with Leon assisting her. Adjan though drew his weapon walked over to the Nephandus and hit him with the butt of the gun hard against the back of his head, the Nephandus grunted and then was still.
"If we want him alive we are going to need a healer Ma'am."
He told Crexia but the old Tytalus was to focused on dealing with the now unconscious man's magick to reply.

He turned his attention back on the energy ball, and started on another spell to help drain; this time, willing up another primal shard in the corridor, down to the side of the door, opposite the direction in which the others were lounging, "Gladius ex malomagia!"

You create another spell to drain the Ball of Abysmal flame, it certainly was more effective at wasting the energy of the fireball than the first one, you got a few disgusted grunts from the mages outside of the room that saw that shard though.
"That should be enough, please do not look directly at the explosion."
Crexia said and she took a step back...

The Ball of Abysmal flame exploded in a brilliant display of fire and yet while the explosion that yes was weakened so it should only have taken out the Labyrinth not a good part of Chicago as well, was right there on the floor, nothing happened, it exploded but it was as if it happened miles away, Crexia had expanded the room on the floor around the magical bomb for miles while the actual space was just a few centimeters.
"Thank you for your aid."
She told you, Adley and the others, there was no sign on her face of fatigue but she did draw a few useless breaths before she said anything else to collect herself.
"I want to know where our new friend came from..."
She muttered and looked sternly at the knocked out Nephandus.
"I do not like being sneaked up on by rude men intent on blowing me and my team and my city in the air...I do not like it one bit."
She said as if she was scolding the man for forgetting to wiping his feet before he came in.

(OOC: Yeah the weather is not doing much for my mood either, I feel rather wiped out but hopefully it will get better soon.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:21 pm

Adjan, Leon and Udella came over. Udella glanced at the unfinished fireball on the floor and Crexia's work and nodded.
"We can lend a head young man."
She said and quickly set up her own spell to help drain the ball with Leon assisting her. Adjan though drew his weapon walked over to the Nephandus and hit him with the butt of the gun hard against the back of his head, the Nephandus grunted and then was still.
"If we want him alive we are going to need a healer Ma'am."
He told Crexia but the old Tytalus was to focused on dealing with the now unconscious man's magick to reply.
You create another spell to drain the Ball of Abysmal flame, it certainly was more effective at wasting the energy of the fireball than the first one, you got a few disgusted grunts from the mages outside of the room that saw that shard though.
"That should be enough, please do not look directly at the explosion."
Crexia said and she took a step back...

The Ball of Abysmal flame exploded in a brilliant display of fire and yet while the explosion that yes was weakened so it should only have taken out the Labyrinth not a good part of Chicago as well, was right there on the floor, nothing happened, it exploded but it was as if it happened miles away, Crexia had expanded the room on the floor around the magical bomb for miles while the actual space was just a few centimeters.
"Thank you for your aid."
She told you, Adley and the others, there was no sign on her face of fatigue but she did draw a few useless breaths before she said anything else to collect herself.
"I want to know where our new friend came from..."
She muttered and looked sternly at the knocked out Nephandus.
"I do not like being sneaked up on by rude men intent on blowing me and my team and my city in the air...I do not like it one bit."
She said as if she was scolding the man for forgetting to wiping his feet before he came in.
Colin looked away from the blast, and as it subsided, looked into the room with an impressed frown, "That was pretty damned impressive spatial work. Kudos, milady."
He fished out his Time-monocle and nodded, fixing his gaze on the downed man, "I think I can find that much out... Might want to get him a healer while I do, though. Spectare temporis retrorsum."

((OOC: A simple Time 2 effect: watching time in reverse order, keeping an eye on Mister Flamey's movements as he is shot, then tries to make a huge-ass fireball, then enters the room from somewhere... Arete roll: 5,6,9... Probably enough, I think, for that?))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:11 pm

The fireball that missed him had alerted everyone else there was a new problem but it also meant that they could help. He was glad when a group showed up, Adjan dispatching the Nephandi quickly and simply and then the others to help Colin with his rote. He looked away when the explosion went off as directed - even with space shifted it was too bright. He gave a tired sounding sigh of relief. "Remind me next time you're showing that one off to pay better attention," he muttered to Colin, in something of a contrite tone. Then he glanced at the Nephandi, whom he guessed was probably a Flambeau barrabus, with a severe frown as Crexia voiced what they all were probably wondering. "He may have come in from the Umbra, there's a well used path from this room...should we get him medical aid?" He then asked Udella, "Did you look over our friend that was asleep here before waking him? If not, perhaps we should call, just in case there are other nasty surprises..."

// yeah, exactlym it's gross, maybe-it-will-storm weather - it's one of my migraine triggers, barometric pressure changes so I'm hoping the front moves off soon.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:55 pm

Colin looked away from the blast, and as it subsided, looked into the room with an impressed frown, "That was pretty damned impressive spatial work. Kudos, milady."

The old Tytalus gave you a bit of a nod.
"Well I have had a few years to work on it young man, but thank you."
She said and gave a thin smile.

He fished out his Time-monocle and nodded, fixing his gaze on the downed man, "I think I can find that much out... Might want to get him a healer while I do, though. Spectare temporis retrorsum."

You see the whole scene in reverse through your monocle, you see the black haired man's spell, you see him get shot, and you see him stepping into the room though the Umbra using a dagger to more or less cut a hole in the Labyrinth's weak Gauntlet to do so and closing the portal behind him again.

Adjan nodded he went to get Andy while you worked. The Verbena glanced around the room then she quickly hurried over to the downed man and knelt down beside him checking on his wounds.
"Ah...this will be some work."
She muttered under her breath and frowned as she fished out her ritual dagger and begun to carve runes into her own forearms.

Then he glanced at the Nephandi, whom he guessed was probably a Flambeau barrabus,

Well you do remember several of those who had given your group information about the Nephandi of this Labyrinth had spoken of a Fallen former member of House Flambeau serving Lisa Larson and Abigail's cause.

with a severe frown as Crexia voiced what they all were probably wondering. "He may have come in from the Umbra, there's a well used path from this room...should we get him medical aid?"

"That path the way I understand it are keyed to their Chief's apprentice's Resonance but it could have been used or the man could have just stepped in here, it is not like the Gauntlet for such a Pen Umbral realm are usually to thick."
Crexia said and nodded, then she considered for a moment and nodded.
"Yes...I want to talk with him, I want to know if Abigail sent him, where exactly the damned woman are and how many are with her, he need to be alive to tell me these things, afterwards though, we will see...we did give some of our prisoners to Morningstar...and this man is no doubt dangerous I would prefer not setting his Avatar free...but information are the first priority after that we will see how much trouble he is."

He then asked Udella, "Did you look over our friend that was asleep here before waking him? If not, perhaps we should call, just in case there are other nasty surprises..."

"I did check his pockets he had nothing much of note on him, but perhaps we should call just to be sure."
Udela said and Crexia nodded and called out to Zach.
"Would you be so kind as to call the Chantry young man to see that all is well?"
She asked and the Virtual Adept nodded he fished up his phone and something that looked like a home brew antenna that he attached to it before he called after a few moments he said.
"All is well over there Ma'am."
Crexia smiled.
"Thank you young man."

(OOC: yeah for me I do not have a problem as big as that but when the weather is like this my already low stress tolerance go to zero so I have had to call of appointments on Saturday and Monday so I can game with my ground on Sunday as I just can not go out and do things several days in a row right now.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:39 am

The old Tytalus gave you a bit of a nod.
"Well I have had a few years to work on it young man, but thank you."
She said and gave a thin smile.
Colin grinned, "Nevertheless, it's something to show off with."

The fireball that missed him had alerted everyone else there was a new problem but it also meant that they could help. He was glad when a group showed up, Adjan dispatching the Nephandi quickly and simply and then the others to help Colin with his rote. He looked away when the explosion went off as directed - even with space shifted it was too bright. He gave a tired sounding sigh of relief. "Remind me next time you're showing that one off to pay better attention," he muttered to Colin, in something of a contrite tone.
He grinned, "Finally come to see the usefulness of it, have you?"

You see the whole scene in reverse through your monocle, you see the black haired man's spell, you see him get shot, and you see him stepping into the room though the Umbra using a dagger to more or less cut a hole in the Labyrinth's weak Gauntlet to do so and closing the portal behind him again.
He grimaced as he watched, the disconnect between left and right eye being something of a bother, but he didn't dare close the left eye out of concern something urgent might come up. As the Nephandus backed into the hole in the Umbra and cut the hole closed again, he plucked out the monocle and shook his head, "Ah, that was... different. The man stepped through the Umbra... cut his way through with a ritual blade; might want to be careful when looking for that."
He gave Crexia a sheepish grin, "In hindsight, watching time tick backwards with one eye and forwards with the other was probably not the most comfortable way I could have done that..."

"That path the way I understand it are keyed to their Chief's apprentice's Resonance but it could have been used or the man could have just stepped in here, it is not like the Gauntlet for such a Pen Umbral realm are usually to thick."
Crexia said and nodded, then she considered for a moment and nodded.
"Yes...I want to talk with him, I want to know if Abigail sent him, where exactly the damned woman are and how many are with her, he need to be alive to tell me these things, afterwards though, we will see...we did give some of our prisoners to Morningstar...and this man is no doubt dangerous I would prefer not setting his Avatar free...but information are the first priority after that we will see how much trouble he is."
He grimaced, "Well, if he is reluctant to share, we could always point out that we don't need him alive to pick his brain... Again, ma'am, sorry about that."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:06 am

He grinned, "Finally come to see the usefulness of it, have you?"

"I had no doubt of the usefulness or effectiveness," he said, with a tired shake of his head. "It was my conceptualization of how you were doing it that was flawed; I thought I wouldn't be able to learn it yet." He gave him a faint smile. "But you can consider me an eager future student. Nice shot with the coffee by the way," he added with a bit more humour.

"That's my thought," he agreed.

Adjan nodded he went to get Andy while you worked. The Verbena glanced around the room then she quickly hurried over to the downed man and knelt down beside him checking on his wounds.
"Ah...this will be some work."
"Ah, that was... different. The man stepped through the Umbra... cut his way through with a ritual blade; might want to be careful when looking for that." He gave Crexia a sheepish grin, "In hindsight, watching time tick backwards with one eye and forwards with the other was probably not the most comfortable way I could have done that..."

"Very well, we'll secure him and see if the healer can assist. I think he might be a Flambeau barrabus, mentioned by others we had questioned. I can tie him up, if anyone has something to bind him with but I don't want to cause him more injury in his current state."

"I did check his pockets he had nothing much of note on him, but perhaps we should call just to be sure." Udela said and Crexia nodded and called out to Zach.

"I was thinking more along the lines of if this fellow," he nudged a chin at the passed out Nephandi, "had done something to him, put a spell on him while he was asleep, for example. But I am hoping he was too busy with casting that awful spell of his, thank goodness it was stopped," he said. He rubbed the back of a hand across his dirty hair.

//aaaand now it's sunny and hot D:

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 30 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25 ... 30  Next