Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 19 of 31 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25 ... 31  Next

Go down

Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21 - Page 19 Empty Re: Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:51 am

Serge's Post:

Nicole gave a little shrug to this. 'Wasn't that bad. Not like I grew up in an orphanarium run by sadistic nuns, on the streets or in a cult of religious head-cases to give me a truck-load of wangst to mope over.' giving a wry little smile.

Serge's Post:

A furrow of concentration. 'Wasn't really paying much attention then... oh, Serge, right? I won't keep you any longer; needed to talk to someone, right?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21 - Page 19 Empty Re: Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:06 am

Nicole wrote:A furrow of concentration. 'Wasn't really paying much attention then... oh, Serge, right? I won't keep you any longer; needed to talk to someone, right?'

"Yeah I should probably get going. See ya Nicole. Hope we can talk again soon." Serge said with a nod before heading back to Kyle's makeshift cell.

"Would you like me to open the cell so you could get in there and have a talk with the kid?"
The man with the large, black dog asked.
"He is only being locked up as a precaution so I am sure he will not be a danger to you and it might make your task easier to talk with him directly."

"Yes please. I'd rather talk to him face-to-face and he needs to see the pictures. I know he's not dangerous, I've already met him before. We're friends." Serge said giving the man a smile.

"Yeah I am fine I am just worried about that scream you know, with everything going on. Is the Chantry safe? With the fight upstairs I mean."
The young widderslainte replied.

"Yeah everything is safe now. The slime monster upstairs is gone and their was no casualties and only a few people got injured. But I'm pretty sure they've been healed now." Serge said reassuring Kyle.

"Master Morgan wanted a favor from you. He wanted you to confirm some drawings we have of the enemy. He said he trusted your word." Serge said pulling out his drawings and waiting for the door to be unlocked.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:35 am

Colin frowned, "It's probably a long shot in the dark, but... perhaps the circumstances of their admission should be looked into?"

"It is one of the things worth checking when I bring this before the Prima yes, it is a most serious matter so most avenues needs to be locked into."
George agreed.

He nodded, "I don't think it ever is easy... but it's always worth it in the end."

The old Guernicus just nodded sagely at that.

He nodded, "Adley was Einje filius Mallander ex Flambeau back then, while Kyle was Arto filius Derra ex Diedne... While Arto may be a little difficult to verify, I expect House Flambeau's records should be up to snuff.

"There should be records for both Houses. Diedne's symbols was removed from many Covenants but the records remains with names this is possible to check, if it is one thing the Order of Hermes enjoyes doing it is writing things down into books."
George said and he grinned a little.

As for whether it can be believed... I was in Adley's mind when we spoke with the lingering memory of Arto; much as the Quiet seemed relatively harmless, I needed Adley present in the, well, present, owing to the nature of the pine cone I mentioned. Regrettably, I don't know how to use the Heart's Blood Rote, but Adley does, and the pine cone is likely keyed to him, me and miss Alexander. Also, ah, I would appreciate it if you let Adley tell you about the incident in his own time; while I haven't said anything with the intent of shaming him, nor likely the ability to, in fact, I would rather not be responsible for any awkwardness."

"You where sent to retrieve my student from his Twilight then Mr Wainwright, such methods are dangerous but well known...and the Heart's Blood rote...I assume that is how he got injured?"
Jeffry said and frown then he sigh and sipped his coffee.
"But you are right this is Adley's story to tell I will ask him about it later."

He smiled wryly, "I know what you mean... I see him both as a battle-brother and a prodigal son, of sorts..."

Jeffry nodded at that. George who fully got the reference though smiled a little.

He shook his head, "Contrast fluid is used for certain photographs of the interior of a person's body - either ingested or injected in the bloodstream, it allows anomalies to show up in pictures where they might otherwise be invisible. As it happens, a few drops of lich blood - or potion, if you prefer - in said contrast fluid makes Primium light up in those pictures. Normally, that particular metal is invisible to most such scans, only detectable if you look for blank spots in the area."
He smiled, slightly smugly, "And before you ask, yes, I have the necessary lich blood in my possession, and no, I'm not letting it out of my sight."

Lich blood now that is a rare thing."
Jeffry said and raised an eyebrow.
"I guess it reacting to Primium is not so far fetched though as the very metal is used in the ritual that creates one of their kind. What you said about this fluid sounds reasonable though and as long as it will not harm Kyle I do not mind him taking part in such an examination.

He nodded, "The serum dose is half again the volume muscle tissue can comfortably accommodate. You should never administer a dose in the same muscle twice... still, from one of my closest visions of the future, he will be fine, with no lingering ill effects.

"It is good that my apprentice is fine in your vision...hum so there is such a strict limit to how big a dose you can inject into a muscle without doing harm?"
Jeffry asked.
"I am going to have to ask Dr Lee how these modern medicine things work."

And I have my eyes on a means to restrain Anna - an enchanted collar, which will restrict the wearer's ability to channel Quintessence to the convenience of an operator. I, ah, am in negotiations with the owners of said collar, and will commission a replica of it as soon as I find a willing and able Linear artificer; I've had their methods recommended for such a purpose."

"Such a collar would be acceptable so let us hope te negotiations go well then Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said then he nodded.
"Linear magi are generally better than us at making permanent enchantments and talismans, it lies in their static nature I suppose, our magick is dynamic so making something permanent is harder than for a static sorcerer."

He pondered momentarily, "By the way, regarding Kyle, in that future memory, his lawyer was Master Tolle. I don't think you can find a better advocate for his trial, owing to the remarkably clear precedent provided by Mr. Bachmeier when Adley was able to save miss Alexander."

"Hum...I had considering asking Master Tolle about Kyle's defense, the man is a Traditionalist to the bone but since my student have precedent on his side, that might still work out to our advantage."
Jeffry commented and nodded.
"You see quite a number of things in these visions of yours don't you Mr Wainwright?"

He shook his head, "Not on its own, I'm afraid - the word of a Nephandus, even as an audio recording, even several Nephandi, won't hold much weight against that of a renowned Quaesitor, will it?

"Doubtfully it will be easily argued that such a recording is simply a Nephandus trying to stab at Prominent Tradition members on their way down in an attempt to sow discord among us, on it's own such an argument will not stand."
George said and shook his head.

However, there are a few other pieces of evidence, such as the entire bloody Florentine trial, which puts them in an extremely bad light...

"True and yet in it they where merely the prosecutors they can not be held responsible for the failure of the judges unless it can be proven that they instigated that outrage."
He continues.

We're still accumulating proof, but we've pretty much come to the point of giving them enough rope to hang themselves, and I don't think they quite have any idea of how much we've uncovered. Between Mrs. Cunningham, the Linear Mage we rescued from Chicago, Abigail herself, and so on, and so forth, we're beginning to accumulate proof. The one thing I would really like to find is where the Widderslaintes have been gilgulled; finding D'Angelo's Resonance on the site would be... a greater treasure than the British crown jewels."

"The case against such prominent members of the Traditions are going to have to be air tight if it is going to hold. Now as for the place where Larson had the widderslaintes of her Labyrinth Gilgulled we now of one of those places at least so a trip to that slum might be worthwhile."
George agreed.
"The place where Miss Cunningham lost her Avatar."

He shrugged, "A book and some margarine might not be enough to bribe the Handler... but Larson has shown nothing but contempt for that Handler, to the point where she ignores it if members of the Labyrinth are physically abusive to the delicate woman. Of course, Larson also ignores that those who abuse the Handler tend to end up eaten by the ship, as well, but... there's no love lost between the two, and the Handler keeps trying to break the ship free from the moorings Larson has in place. I think I can convince the Handler to, if not outright aid us, at least stay carefully neutral in the fight."

"Such animosity between Larson and the Handler might be worth exploiting indeed, but the mission you propose Mr Wainwright is extremely dangerous not only do not need to get to the Handler and not be killed or captured, you also have to convince her not to harm you and you can not kill her or it will set the entire mission in danger so you would have to rely on your ability to talk her into cooperating and this is a Nephandus we are talking about after all, for what else she is."
Jeffry said and frowned.

He smiled, "He is young, enthusiastic like a puppy, and about as likeable. His telepathic and empathic skills are quite impressive, really, and I think I made a good call in, hm, introducing him to Mrs. Cunningham and dropping him off the proverbial deep end."

"It seams you where right in that assessment he did manage to calm Miss Cunningham down and got useful information out of him."
The old Flambeau said and nodded.
"And assuming that information is confirmed was have at least some idea what our primary targets look like...that reminds me I need him to sit down with Miss Olson as well as she have actually laid eyes on Lisa Larson, getting a drawing of the ring leader herself might be useful."
The war mage commented more like ticking of a check list of things to do for himself that addressing you.

He frowned, "One of the D'Angelos, I believe - Adley was the one to question the poor fellow, he would know which one specifically.

"Well if one of the D'Angelos owned an enslaved linear that would be a matter of record and then answering how he ended up in Nephandi hands might be a little hard to do."
George said and Jeffry's eyes grew dark, there was a rumor that he had burst into another Chantry once to rescue the Von Hess couple who was being kept as indentured servants at said Chantry and abused, the rumors said Jeffry had pulled them out by force and then calmly stood and taken his punishment fo stealing another Chantry's property while refusing to give them back, whatever or not the rumors where true it was clear the old war mage was not a fan of the practice of indentured servants.

And... I am inclined to believe Larson does not have such a trap in place. Abigail's trap was known to four people; herself, her Prelate Gabriel, her Labyrinth Keeper Cotta, and Cotta's lover, Warden. Cotta and Warden were the ones who, under protest, set up the trap, but Cotta made an emergency shutoff - an enchanted marble which she then gave to Anna. Thanks to some quick scrying on the past and visions of the future, I was able to find this out, and locate the right marble to disable the entire trap. Also, when Cotta was caught and... gilgulled, I caught a piece of her Avatar, leaving me her love for Warden, and the ability to see spirits. That fragment was enough to convince an Umbrood Lord that Abigail had no claim on the portal, but I did. I suspect that if Larson even tried to get someone to set up a similar trap, the Handler would not let it stand, and to be honest, I'm not sure Larson has the expertise to pull it off..."

"Well your assessment is a sound one it is not likely this Handler from what you have said about her would let such a thing stand...it seams though that your trip to Chicago have been quite adventurous, I am glad that portal was such though though...I am concerned about you picking up pieces of Gilgulled Nephandi...that can not be good for your spiritual well being in the long run Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said as he regarded you and George frowned deeply.

He nodded, "Agreed - and while I think it best to not enter the Battlecruiser with more than one wingman, a more experienced Umbral pilot would be preferable, if only to get the shuttle out of the polyp's vicinity and to a safe distance while I'm inside. However, I would strongly protest any suggestion of taking Mrs. Rembrandt on this mission, owing to her present condition."

"No Mrs Rembrandt stays here we can not risk her well being, I will talk with Westchapel about someone to fly the shuttle but even so this is a dangerous mission are you sure you are willing to take this risk Mr Wainwright?"
Jeffry said and frowned again.

He nodded, "I believe I not only stand a chance, but a very good chance. At least, that's what my apprentice will tell me that I told her I did, so I'd say that's a fairly compelling argument in favour of the notion. And yes, if I'm wrong, I'll be in a quite unpleasant world of troubles, but I'll not go unarmed, and I'm fairly sure I can pull off a few nasty surprises if cornered.

Jeffry looked down into his coffee as he considered for a moment, then he drew a deep breath and spoke.
"I do not like this mission you are suggesting Mr Wainwright, I do not enjoy putting a member of my Chantry in that much danger, however your arguments are quite sound and since your visions have proven to be reliable before I...am incline to give them some credit. I am of House Flambeau it is hardly my place to stand in the way of a man wanting to make a noble sacrifice in battle or go on a mission with some terrible risks attached to it, so if...and I do stress if we can get an Umbral pilot to agree to join you on this mission I will allow it but I have to state for the record that I do not like this, I do not like it one bit."
The war mage commented sourly looking like he had swallowed a lemon whole and it had gotten stuck somewhere painful.

Ah, that reminds me, I have some Tass I picked up in the Labyrinth. Nasty, corrupted stuff, and fairly volatile, but quite tactically useful. Kind of a shame i drained the fuel tanks of the Mary's Serafina while in Chicago - they were quite easily portable, and however disgusting the Quintessence was, it tore through the Labyrinth's Aegis like a hot knife through butter."

"Hum...have you brought any of this foul Vs to Steelhaven Mr Wainwright?"
Jeffry asked ad frowned.

He glanced around for Morgan's imps, "Speaking of heat, which of your little friends was the one I accidentally kicked earlier?"

The old war mage just pointed to an arrangement of candles on one of the shelves.
"They are sleeping in there, and I believe the one you kicked was Curly, she is the plump and pouty one."
He said and smiled fondly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:44 am

"Yes please. I'd rather talk to him face-to-face and he needs to see the pictures. I know he's not dangerous, I've already met him before. We're friends." Serge said giving the man a smile.

Darrian nodded he went to unlock to door to Kyle's make shift cell, his large black dog sniffed your leg and wagged his tail, the alchemist turned back for a moment and looked at the dog.
"Oh and do not worry about Mundi either young man he is not dangerous either."
He said before he opened the door. Kyle stood right by it looking rather concerned.
"What on earth is going on?"
The teenager asked.

Nicole you see the door to one of the make shift cells be opened to reveal a grunt, lanky teenage boy of about fifteen, he might grow handsome one day but right now he was pimply and had that odd out of proportion thing going on that allot of teenagers got when one part of their body grew faster than another. Kyle had dark eyes and dark red hair that was the color of glowing embers, he had a thin nose and thin lips, high cheekbones and he was very pale. The kid was wearing washed out jeans and a tshirt.

"Yeah everything is safe now. The slime monster upstairs is gone and their was no casualties and only a few people got injured. But I'm pretty sure they've been healed now." Serge said reassuring Kyle.

"Wait...slime monster? And actual true to life slime monster?"
Kyle asked as he backed up and sat down on his bed not to make his guard nervous.
"I am not sure if that is cool or terrifying, but no one was seriously hurt right? What was that screaming right now then?

"Master Morgan wanted a favor from you. He wanted you to confirm some drawings we have of the enemy. He said he trusted your word." Serge said pulling out his drawings and waiting for the door to be unlocked.

"Really? Master Morgan said that?"
The boy asked happily.
"Ok I guess I can look at some drawings no problem, come in if you want Serge."
Kyle said and nodded in agreement.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:10 am

"Wait...slime monster? And actual true to life slime monster?"
Kyle asked as he backed up and sat down on his bed not to make his guard nervous.
"I am not sure if that is cool or terrifying, but no one was seriously hurt right? What was that screaming right now then?

"The slime monster was really cool.....and horrifying. But their were more than 15 mages fighting that thing so it didn't really stand a chance. Their were a few bruises and bumps but the healers took care of all of that. And that screaming was just vampires getting staked." Serge said nonchalantly.

"Really? Master Morgan said that?"
The boy asked happily.
"Ok I guess I can look at some drawings no problem, come in if you want Serge."
Kyle said and nodded in agreement.

"Of course he said that. Your his apprentice after all, why wouldn't he trust you." Serge said with a smile as he stepped into Kyle's room.

"As for the drawings themselves, some Nephandi prisoner gave very accurate descriptions of people in Larson's inner circle. Master Morgan doesn't really want to trust her words completely and said that you would be able to confirm at least two of these pictures." Serge said.

He showed the three drawings to Kyle and said, "We have Asian Scar Lady who is one of Larson's Prelati's, some guy named Jace who is Larson's second in command, and a red-haired Norwegian who is a trap maker. So Kyle...what do you think? Do any of these guys look familiar?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:15 am

"Yes I do need sleep." He agreed and turned back on his side, curled up with a good grip on is blankets, grunted a bit as he tried to find the most comfortable position and fell back asleep. Kristina looked at the curled up vampire and sigh, that could have gone better, Lenoe was now more curled up that before and was holding a good grip on his blankets to boot.

He reached out towards him to try to stop him from rolling back over but it was too late - he didn't want to alarm him by acting too aggressively and by that time he curled back up. He almost seemed human, in that pose - aside from not breathing and his wounds. Vulnerable. But he knew better, had seen what he really was and what could happen, why they had to do this. His expression betrayed the frustrated swear that he didn't let loose.

"And...we try again." The Verbena muttered. "Apparently Mr Lenoe likes to sleep on his side."

He tipped his head at the Verbena, exasperated, took the frame back out and scratched, 'take suggestions would it be better just to do it quick when I turn him? Or talk as I did before, and if he figures it out, try to convince him? He wanted his eyes open after...' He put the thing away again after he showed her.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:22 am

Alone once again, Nicole's mind fell back into the grooves of "guard mode"; paying attention to her surroundings while most of her mind was elsewhere. The kid was mildly interesting, but that was all.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:07 am

"There should be records for both Houses. Diedne's symbols was removed from many Covenants but the records remains with names this is possible to check, if it is one thing the Order of Hermes enjoyes doing it is writing things down into books."
George said and he grinned a little.
Colin smiled wryly, "Nothing like Hermetics for preserving things, is it?"

"You where sent to retrieve my student from his Twilight then Mr Wainwright, such methods are dangerous but well known...and the Heart's Blood rote...I assume that is how he got injured?"
Jeffry said and frown then he sigh and sipped his coffee.
"But you are right this is Adley's story to tell I will ask him about it later."
He nodded, "Suffice to say, I have found me a good lawyer... He is not so much injured, I suppose, as simply drained - but it was worth it, since it allowed us to detain a Nephanda whose Avatar had been cobbled together with a malicious spirit to let it roam free, independent of its host. The thing was outright lethal, but Adley was able to use the pine cone to mesmerize it, to remind it what it once was, what it was supposed to be, so... the Spirit Masters could separate the baser spirit from the Avatar. Had that not worked, the alternative would have been... unthinkable."

Lich blood now that is a rare thing."
"I guess it reacting to Primium is not so far fetched though as the very metal is used in the ritual that creates one of their kind. What you said about this fluid sounds reasonable though and as long as it will not harm Kyle I do not mind him taking part in such an examination.
He nodded, "Obviously, the owner was quite adamant about keeping the sample secure, and destroying any leftovers. Also, I would not ask you to put Kyle through such discomfort if I did not both believe it necessary, and if I weren't willing to go through the same myself."

"It is good that my apprentice is fine in your vision...hum so there is such a strict limit to how big a dose you can inject into a muscle without doing harm?"
Jeffry asked.
"I am going to have to ask Dr Lee how these modern medicine things work."
He shrugged, "That bit is hardly such an artifact of modern medicine. It's comparable to the difference between stabbing a needle into a muscle, and a dagger. The dagger wound, being larger, is going to take more time to heal than the needle puncture. It's essentially the same issue - a matter of displacement. But asking Dr. Lee for a rough lecture on advances in medicine is probably a good idea nonetheless."

"Such a collar would be acceptable so let us hope te negotiations go well then Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said then he nodded.
"Linear magi are generally better than us at making permanent enchantments and talismans, it lies in their static nature I suppose, our magick is dynamic so making something permanent is harder than for a static sorcerer."
He nodded, "So I am told."

"Hum...I had considering asking Master Tolle about Kyle's defense, the man is a Traditionalist to the bone but since my student have precedent on his side, that might still work out to our advantage."
Jeffry commented and nodded.
"You see quite a number of things in these visions of yours don't you Mr Wainwright?"
He smiled enigmatically, "So many things, and many of them seemingly insignificant until another puzzle piece presents itself... My lawyer has a complete set of my future visions to date, and i trust her as much as I did when we were her first case. She knows, of course."

"Doubtfully it will be easily argued that such a recording is simply a Nephandus trying to stab at Prominent Tradition members on their way down in an attempt to sow discord among us, on it's own such an argument will not stand."
George said and shook his head.
He nodded, "Precisely; it's corroborating evidence, not quite proof."

"True and yet in it they where merely the prosecutors they can not be held responsible for the failure of the judges unless it can be proven that they instigated that outrage."
He continues.
He nodded, "This is so - but I don't think the honoured Seats of Forces and Prime will be all that keen on going down alone for that miscarriage of justice. Nevertheless..."

"The case against such prominent members of the Traditions are going to have to be air tight if it is going to hold. Now as for the place where Larson had the widderslaintes of her Labyrinth Gilgulled we now of one of those places at least so a trip to that slum might be worthwhile."
George agreed.
"The place where Miss Cunningham lost her Avatar."
He nodded, "And there's a trap for them, too - they will be the ones to prosecute Anna, and they will make a poorly disguised attempt on her life, violating a few procedural steps in the process... it's an unpleasant thing to knowingly use the poor child as bait like that, but it will serve the twofold purpose of ensnaring the D'Angelos on a protocol issue and confirm that the poor girl won't even survive a Branding..."

"Such animosity between Larson and the Handler might be worth exploiting indeed, but the mission you propose Mr Wainwright is extremely dangerous not only do not need to get to the Handler and not be killed or captured, you also have to convince her not to harm you and you can not kill her or it will set the entire mission in danger so you would have to rely on your ability to talk her into cooperating and this is a Nephandus we are talking about after all, for what else she is."
Jeffry said and frowned.
He nodded, "I have been informed she is a great fan of the Dune series, and I trust that information. And I am fully aware of the inherent dangers, but the potential benefits far outweigh the risk, in my carefully considered opinion."

"It seams you where right in that assessment he did manage to calm Miss Cunningham down and got useful information out of him."
The old Flambeau said and nodded.
"And assuming that information is confirmed was have at least some idea what our primary targets look like...that reminds me I need him to sit down with Miss Olson as well as she have actually laid eyes on Lisa Larson, getting a drawing of the ring leader herself might be useful."
The war mage commented more like ticking of a check list of things to do for himself that addressing you.
He nodded, "Miss Olsen was also the one to greet my apprentice at the door a few minutes back. Poor girl was a bit confused; it seems Anna and miss Olsen will become quite good friends over the coming years - but being greeted so familiarly by someone you haven't met yet is quite disconcerting."

"Well if one of the D'Angelos owned an enslaved linear that would be a matter of record and then answering how he ended up in Nephandi hands might be a little hard to do."
George said and Jeffry's eyes grew dark, there was a rumor that he had burst into another Chantry once to rescue the Von Hess couple who was being kept as indentured servants at said Chantry and abused, the rumors said Jeffry had pulled them out by force and then calmly stood and taken his punishment fo stealing another Chantry's property while refusing to give them back, whatever or not the rumors where true it was clear the old war mage was not a fan of the practice of indentured servants.
He nodded, "Indeed, that would be a matter of record. It would be interesting to have someone casually ask what happened to that indentured servant those few years ago..."

"Well your assessment is a sound one it is not likely this Handler from what you have said about her would let such a thing stand...it seams though that your trip to Chicago have been quite adventurous, I am glad that portal was such though though...I am concerned about you picking up pieces of Gilgulled Nephandi...that can not be good for your spiritual well being in the long run Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said as he regarded you and George frowned deeply.
He shrugged lightly, "At this point, I don't think a fragment of a Fallen Avatar or two is going to make much of a difference. According to Master Adimari ex Guernicus, there's been a noted increase in the need for cleansing the Main Sentencing Hall approximately since I was born. It seems Mia spend some 500 years there, hiding in that room and piecing herself together with whatever she could grab. While there are, er, healthy fragments in her makeup, there are also some wrung pieces, and I am looking forward to miss Florentine receiving her new Avatar so she can start teaching the restoration method she used. I suspect I have a lot of spiritual discomfort and work in my future..."

"No Mrs Rembrandt stays here we can not risk her well being, I will talk with Westchapel about someone to fly the shuttle but even so this is a dangerous mission are you sure you are willing to take this risk Mr Wainwright?"
Jeffry said and frowned again.
He nodded, pondering, "I am quite willing to take the risk for myself. I am not so keen on putting someone else in the same risk, but if you insist on my not going in alone, I will take one other with me - someone I can trust to be calm and compassionate. I would nominate either Mr. Terach or miss Mandis, in fact, if they are willing to follow me into the belly of the beast. That is a big if..."

Jeffry looked down into his coffee as he considered for a moment, then he drew a deep breath and spoke.
"I do not like this mission you are suggesting Mr Wainwright, I do not enjoy putting a member of my Chantry in that much danger, however your arguments are quite sound and since your visions have proven to be reliable before I...am incline to give them some credit. I am of House Flambeau it is hardly my place to stand in the way of a man wanting to make a noble sacrifice in battle or go on a mission with some terrible risks attached to it, so if...and I do stress if we can get an Umbral pilot to agree to join you on this mission I will allow it but I have to state for the record that I do not like this, I do not like it one bit."
The war mage commented sourly looking like he had swallowed a lemon whole and it had gotten stuck somewhere painful.
He nodded, "I would not expect you to like it, and it does take me away from the main forces - far out of reach of them, in fact - which is never palatable in an assault, but I am fairly certain sending me specifically on such an infiltration mission will stand the best chance of improving the odds for the strike teams going for Larson herself. In all the Traditions, I am perhaps the only Mage who has any memory of infiltrating a Battlecruiser; if anyone can find the way to the Handler undetected, it would most likely be me."
He smiled wryly, "Besides, Larson wants a Chronomancer, and I suppose there is a certain irony in sending one in under her radar to meddle in her affairs."

"Hum...have you brought any of this foul Vs to Steelhaven Mr Wainwright?"
Jeffry asked ad frowned.
He nodded, "Ah, yes, Sir, I'm sorry I didn't mention that before, but it's presently quite safe in my apartment, and I will bring it with me again when I head out. I also have a steel bolt from a torture rack in my apartment - the last remaining piece of Abigail's Main Node. Mia insisted I should take a piece before setting the whole damned thing ablaze, to make a memorial for the poor unnamed individuals who were tortured to death on the thing. In time, that might be redeemed... might even form a new Node aligned with hope and redemption instead of pain and death."

The old war mage just pointed to an arrangement of candles on one of the shelves.
"They are sleeping in there, and I believe the one you kicked was Curly, she is the plump and pouty one."
He said and smiled fondly.
He looked up at the candles, "Curly, is it? Well, if she's asleep, I suppose I can let that special treat wait for a while... In the meantime, please, allow me to introduce my own friend."
He thought to the basement, 'Engrave, would you kindly join me in the here and now I am in, I should like you to meet the two senior members of this Chantry.'
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:12 am

Serge:

"The slime monster was really cool.....and horrifying. But their were more than 15 mages fighting that thing so it didn't really stand a chance. Their were a few bruises and bumps but the healers took care of all of that. And that screaming was just vampires getting staked." Serge said nonchalantly.

"Damn that would have been popular on youtube, not that anything like that should be shared but still damn that would have been popular indeed."
Kyle exclaimed.
"I am really glad no one was hurt though that is good."
The young mage then heard the rest of what you where saying and he sounded concerned.
"Are they being killed? That vampire sounded to be in pain, why are they being hurt?"

"Of course he said that. Your his apprentice after all, why wouldn't he trust you." Serge said with a smile as he stepped into Kyle's room.

"Well he did order me pumped full of that serum because he do not trust me."
The young mage muttered bitterly.
"I am glad he trust me in this though."
He said while scratching at the bruises on his arm.

"As for the drawings themselves, some Nephandi prisoner gave very accurate descriptions of people in Larson's inner circle. Master Morgan doesn't really want to trust her words completely and said that you would be able to confirm at least two of these pictures." Serge said.

"Ok I can try at that."
Kyle said and smiled.

He showed the three drawings to Kyle and said, "We have Asian Scar Lady who is one of Larson's Prelati's, some guy named Jace who is Larson's second in command, and a red-haired Norwegian who is a trap maker. So Kyle...what do you think? Do any of these guys look familiar?"

Kyle looked at the drawings and nodded he pointed at the hook nosed man.
"That is Wallace Jace he is Larson's second in command he is not the worst person but he is pretty damn powerful."
He said then he pointed at the picture of the Asian lady.
"She is the security chief down there and she have this cool air about he but you get the feeling she would not mind taking you a apart into your individual parts if she was given half a chance, she is Master Mysaki but I do not know if that is her first or last name nor do I know any other names for her, those two drawings are really good they look exactly like them. The third person I have seen in the Labyrinth but I do not know who she is."
The boy confirmed.

Adley:

He reached out towards him to try to stop him from rolling back over but it was too late - he didn't want to alarm him by acting too aggressively and by that time he curled back up. He almost seemed human, in that pose - aside from not breathing and his wounds. Vulnerable. But he knew better, had seen what he really was and what could happen, why they had to do this. His expression betrayed the frustrated swear that he didn't let loose.

Mr Lenoe smiled slightly in his sleep which made him seam more human, espite his wouds he had gone back to peaceful slumber and he enjoyed his rest.

He tipped his head at the Verbena, exasperated, took the frame back out and scratched, 'take suggestions would it be better just to do it quick when I turn him? Or talk as I did before, and if he figures it out, try to convince him? He wanted his eyes open after...' He put the thing away again after he showed her.

Kristina considered what you where writing then she said.
"If he is half asleep when you turn him back around then I I will do it immediately, and you can try to calm him down afterwards and make him as comfortable as possible, if he wakes up fully though it is better to tell him what is going on and try to get in cooperation."
She instructed and she got ready and nodded to you regret on her face.

Colin:

Colin smiled wryly, "Nothing like Hermetics for preserving things, is it?"

That made George laugh despite the dire news he had heard earlier.
"Well they did say the God Hermes himself taught man the means to preserve things."
He said sounding a little amused.

He nodded, "Suffice to say, I have found me a good lawyer... He is not so much injured, I suppose, as simply drained - but it was worth it, since it allowed us to detain a Nephanda whose Avatar had been cobbled together with a malicious spirit to let it roam free, independent of its host. The thing was outright lethal, but Adley was able to use the pine cone to mesmerize it, to remind it what it once was, what it was supposed to be, so... the Spirit Masters could separate the baser spirit from the Avatar. Had that not worked, the alternative would have been... unthinkable."

"That sounds quite unpleasant that woman with her Avatar I hae seen a soul outside of it's host and it can e a terrible thing."
Jeffry said then he frowned.
"I see, that is unfortunate then, it is hard to heal such draining of one's vital energies and it can be quite painful. I will direct Adley to Master Nassa if anyone can do anything to help his condition it will be him. In either case I am glad he managed to do what must be done to deal with such a powerful enemy."
He said both worried and proud.
"I will ask him more about the issue."

He nodded, "Obviously, the owner was quite adamant about keeping the sample secure, and destroying any leftovers. Also, I would not ask you to put Kyle through such discomfort if I did not both believe it necessary, and if I weren't willing to go through the same myself."

"That is understandable such fluid would be a very strong arcane connection to the lich in question, one of the two at Morningstar then I assume...hum...the examination will be uncomfortable for Kyle? How much I do not want to force him into medical procedures that will hurt him if it is not absolutely necessary, that smacks to much of the Union."
Jeffry said and frowned.

He shrugged, "That bit is hardly such an artifact of modern medicine. It's comparable to the difference between stabbing a needle into a muscle, and a dagger. The dagger wound, being larger, is going to take more time to heal than the needle puncture. It's essentially the same issue - a matter of displacement. But asking Dr. Lee for a rough lecture on advances in medicine is probably a good idea nonetheless."

Jeffry nodded at that seaming to accept your explanation.
"I see and this serum have to much volume then?"
He asked then he nodded.
"When there is time I will talk with Dr Lee."

He smiled enigmatically, "So many things, and many of them seemingly insignificant until another puzzle piece presents itself... My lawyer has a complete set of my future visions to date, and i trust her as much as I did when we were her first case. She knows, of course."

"That is a dangerous secret to share with someone Mr Wainwright."
George said softly. Jeffry nodded at that.
"Hum...you have had more visions then during your time in Chicago?"

He nodded, "Precisely; it's corroborating evidence, not quite proof."

George nodded.
"This is correct child."
He confirmed.

He nodded, "This is so - but I don't think the honoured Seats of Forces and Prime will be all that keen on going down alone for that miscarriage of justice. Nevertheless..."

"Be very careful with where you speak about that...but no I doubt they will want to go down alone, and them going done I fear might stabilize the Traditions, even so such miscarriage of justice can not be allowed to stand."
George said and frowned.

He nodded, "And there's a trap for them, too - they will be the ones to prosecute Anna, and they will make a poorly disguised attempt on her life, violating a few procedural steps in the process... it's an unpleasant thing to knowingly use the poor child as bait like that, but it will serve the twofold purpose of ensnaring the D'Angelos on a protocol issue and confirm that the poor girl won't even survive a Branding..."

George nodded.
"Hum...with that we can at least get the D'Angelos for miscarriage of their duties..."
He said.
"Perhaps more depending on the plot."
Jeffry glanced at you.
"This Nephandi child is quite frail then?"
He asked.
"Are you sure you will be able to keep her alive?"

He nodded, "I have been informed she is a great fan of the Dune series, and I trust that information. And I am fully aware of the inherent dangers, but the potential benefits far outweigh the risk, in my carefully considered opinion."

"I have read that series, I like the old ones but the new ones made by the original author's children was it? I am not to fond of them."
George commented.
"Wait a Handler of a ship that is a fan of Dune...hum..."
He said and grinned.
"Master Morgan is right though such a mission will be dangerous."

He nodded, "Miss Olsen was also the one to greet my apprentice at the door a few minutes back. Poor girl was a bit confused; it seems Anna and miss Olsen will become quite good friends over the coming years - but being greeted so familiarly by someone you haven't met yet is quite disconcerting."

"The girl is going to become a Cultist of Ecstasy she will get used to time not being linear eventually but yes that might have been a bit of a shock on the poor girl...but ehm are you saying your future apprentice was on the door here at our Chantry just now?"
Jeffry asked and she raised an eyebrow. George smiled a little.
"She was an she gave us a piece of evidence that might save her as well can be used in the case to try to get justice for Miss Florentine, showing them that clean scale next to Miss Anna's soul will show she will be cleansed in the future and that Master Telar should have been listened to."
George said and Jeffry nodded.
"Yes I suppose you are right about that my friend but I am not comfortable with a former Nephanda just walking up to the Chantry and knocking on the door."

He nodded, "Indeed, that would be a matter of record. It would be interesting to have someone casually ask what happened to that indentured servant those few years ago..."

"Well someone might just ask just that."
Jeffry said with a wry grin.

He shrugged lightly, "At this point, I don't think a fragment of a Fallen Avatar or two is going to make much of a difference. According to Master Adimari ex Guernicus, there's been a noted increase in the need for cleansing the Main Sentencing Hall approximately since I was born. It seems Mia spend some 500 years there, hiding in that room and piecing herself together with whatever she could grab. While there are, er, healthy fragments in her makeup, there are also some wrung pieces, and I am looking forward to miss Florentine receiving her new Avatar so she can start teaching the restoration method she used. I suspect I have a lot of spiritual discomfort and work in my future..."

Jeffry raised an eyebrow at this but George nodded.
"This is true, there have been an increased need to clear out Avatar shards since about the time you where born, earlier most of them vanished...hum...forgive me for saying so but have you ever had yourself examined to see how much of your Avatar is corrupted?"
The archmage asked sounding quite concerned.
"As for Master Adimari how are she these days there are some decades since I saw her last."
He asked. Jeffry still looked concerned but he nodded.
"I saw Mr Gregario speak when everyone was gathered in the cafeteria meaning that he might be in a condition now that he can be presented for what can be done for his student so he can give his consent to it, that is what have held Cita...ehm I mean Master Telar back from making the attempt, we need the consent of the girl's teacher first since he is her legal guardian."

He nodded, pondering, "I am quite willing to take the risk for myself. I am not so keen on putting someone else in the same risk, but if you insist on my not going in alone, I will take one other with me - someone I can trust to be calm and compassionate. I would nominate either Mr. Terach or miss Mandis, in fact, if they are willing to follow me into the belly of the beast. That is a big if..."

"I was more thinking you need someone to pilot the shuttle, forgive me for saying so but one more person if your plan fail will just get one more person killed or captured so there is little point in risking another person by sending them to accompany you, however a pilot might be needed. I suspect the two death magi are willing to follow you but the question is how much good they will do."
Jeffry said and frowned.

He nodded, "I would not expect you to like it, and it does take me away from the main forces - far out of reach of them, in fact - which is never palatable in an assault, but I am fairly certain sending me specifically on such an infiltration mission will stand the best chance of improving the odds for the strike teams going for Larson herself. In all the Traditions, I am perhaps the only Mage who has any memory of infiltrating a Battlecruiser; if anyone can find the way to the Handler undetected, it would most likely be me."
He smiled wryly, "Besides, Larson wants a Chronomancer, and I suppose there is a certain irony in sending one in under her radar to meddle in her affairs."

The old Flambeau sigh then he nodded.
"I will allow you to undertake this mission because while I do not like it...the tactic is sound. However unless you completely remember from you visions how to pilot that shuttle you are going to need to convince a pilot to take you which might be a tall order...and..."
Jeffry sigh at that.
"I assume you understand that will all your knowledge you can not allow yourself to be captured alive, if all home of escape is gone...this is not an easy order to give but...I assume you understand what I am getting at."
He said in a pained tone of voice as he regarded you.

He nodded, "Ah, yes, Sir, I'm sorry I didn't mention that before, but it's presently quite safe in my apartment, and I will bring it with me again when I head out. I also have a steel bolt from a torture rack in my apartment - the last remaining piece of Abigail's Main Node. Mia insisted I should take a piece before setting the whole damned thing ablaze, to make a memorial for the poor unnamed individuals who were tortured to death on the thing. In time, that might be redeemed... might even form a new Node aligned with hope and redemption instead of pain and death."

"Please do not bring heavily Resonated and especially corrupted Tass into the Chantry again without asking permission first Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said sternly and while he did not wag his finger at you, it was clear that he wanted to.
"If any of it is left after we deal with Larson's Labyrinth then we will have to find some solution for it then I do not like to have it here at Steelhaven. As for the part of the torture rack Node as you describe it, that you can keep, what you plan to do with it is quite noble and appropriate, it's victims deserve to be honored."
The security chief said firmly.

He looked up at the candles, "Curly, is it? Well, if she's asleep, I suppose I can let that special treat wait for a while... In the meantime, please, allow me to introduce my own friend."

"You can wake them if you wish, the danger is over now so I might wake them up soon to have them keep watch over the Chantry they are my eyes and ears after all, I just kept them in here while we where under attack to make sure they where kept safe."
The old Flambeau commented.

He thought to the basement, 'Engrave, would you kindly join me in the here and now I am in, I should like you to meet the two senior members of this Chantry.'

You could suddenly feel and see Engrave next to you. The two Hermetics looked at the spirit. George bowed to the spirit and Jeffry smiled.
"Good day friend it is an honor to meet you, welcome to Steelhaven."
George smiled and said to you.
"He is magnificent Mr Wainwright."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:39 am

That made George laugh despite the dire news he had heard earlier.
"Well they did say the God Hermes himself taught man the means to preserve things."
He said sounding a little amused.
Colin smiled, "Well, the etymology is quite apparent."

"That sounds quite unpleasant that woman with her Avatar I hae seen a soul outside of it's host and it can e a terrible thing."
Jeffry said then he frowned.
"I see, that is unfortunate then, it is hard to heal such draining of one's vital energies and it can be quite painful. I will direct Adley to Master Nassa if anyone can do anything to help his condition it will be him. In either case I am glad he managed to do what must be done to deal with such a powerful enemy."
He said both worried and proud.
"I will ask him more about the issue."
He nodded, "I'm not sure if I can quite wrap my head around how Heart's Blood works - unless as the opposite end of a scale from where my special meta-Rote for extricating Quintessence from Tass and other spells lies. But no, it did not seem pleasant or healthy... but better than... the remaining option."

"That is understandable such fluid would be a very strong arcane connection to the lich in question, one of the two at Morningstar then I assume...hum...the examination will be uncomfortable for Kyle? How much I do not want to force him into medical procedures that will hurt him if it is not absolutely necessary, that smacks to much of the Union."
Jeffry said and frowned.
He shrugged, "I believe the contrast fluid, which will be injected into the blood stream, is generally kept at a slightly different temperature from that of the human body, so there's a little discomfort there. And the scanner is essentially a narrow tube he'll be put into headfirst; if claustrophobia is an issue, that might need some coaxing. But so long as there's no severe phobias involved at any stage, he'll be fine. And I agree, there are some... medical practitioners who are trained by Union methods; I've filed a complaint against one at Chantry Morningstar for recklessly endangering Anna despite notifications that she was not to be given injections... Ah, that matter is being dealt with there in any case - I expect I'll receive summons to testify at some point."

Jeffry nodded at that seaming to accept your explanation.
"I see and this serum have to much volume then?"
He asked then he nodded.
"When there is time I will talk with Dr Lee."
He nodded, "I'm given to understand the largest volume a muscle can accommodate in such a manner before the strain becomes damaging - albeit not a significant amount of damage as a one-time thing - is about two centiliters. The serum requires a three-centiliter dose."

"That is a dangerous secret to share with someone Mr Wainwright."
George said softly. Jeffry nodded at that.
"Hum...you have had more visions then during your time in Chicago?"
He nodded, "Several. I'm getting used to them by now, though it's apparently a little disconcerting for others to see me drift off with no apparent trigger."

"Be very careful with where you speak about that...but no I doubt they will want to go down alone, and them going done I fear might stabilize the Traditions, even so such miscarriage of justice can not be allowed to stand."
George said and frowned.
He nodded, "I trust Chief Morgan's wards. And I think the best means of dealing with the Primi would be to politely inform them in private that the winds have turned against them, and that they may yet avoid a scandal by stepping down peacefully..."

George nodded.
"Hum...with that we can at least get the D'Angelos for miscarriage of their duties..."
He said.
"Perhaps more depending on the plot."
Jeffry glanced at you.
"This Nephandi child is quite frail then?"
He asked.
"Are you sure you will be able to keep her alive?"
He nodded, "I shot her in the chest when we first met in my timeline - she was improperly healed, and has pattern damage in her heart and lungs; fortunately, I know of an excellent physician on Horizon - she'll be the family doctor, in fact, when we move there. That's still some time away, though. I'm confident that despite literal attempts on her life, we'll be able to keep her safe and nurse her back to health, even as she gently coaxes her glass dragon back to the light."

"I have read that series, I like the old ones but the new ones made by the original author's children was it? I am not to fond of them."
George commented.
"Wait a Handler of a ship that is a fan of Dune...hum..."
He said and grinned.
"Master Morgan is right though such a mission will be dangerous."
He chuckled, "Yes, and the good lady is highly mutated, too. Well, the spice of life, I suppose..."

"The girl is going to become a Cultist of Ecstasy she will get used to time not being linear eventually but yes that might have been a bit of a shock on the poor girl...but ehm are you saying your future apprentice was on the door here at our Chantry just now?"
Jeffry asked and she raised an eyebrow. George smiled a little.
"She was an she gave us a piece of evidence that might save her as well can be used in the case to try to get justice for Miss Florentine, showing them that clean scale next to Miss Anna's soul will show she will be cleansed in the future and that Master Telar should have been listened to."
George said and Jeffry nodded.
"Yes I suppose you are right about that my friend but I am not comfortable with a former Nephanda just walking up to the Chantry and knocking on the door."
Colin sipped his tea smoothly, "You should be glad you weren't in Chicago, then, when I spoke with an emissary of the Jade Demon who knocked on the door of Chantry Morningstar to inform us of when the Jade Demon's household was hitting Abigail's Labyrinth. Very pleasant fellow, actually, and quite courageous, since he had been instructed to offer himself up as a token of good faith on the Jade Demon's part. We had to let him go, though; the added security to incarcerate him would strain the Chantry a little too much at that time. He seemed quite happy about that; I hope I won't meet him again, though, since I would be quite legally compelled to fight him. For that matter, the Jade Demon is quite a pleasant gentleman, as well. I'd hazard he might be one of the earliest Confucian gentlemen, even. Terrifyingly powerful, but quite polite and soft-spoken."

Jeffry raised an eyebrow at this but George nodded.
"This is true, there have been an increased need to clear out Avatar shards since about the time you where born, earlier most of them vanished...hum...forgive me for saying so but have you ever had yourself examined to see how much of your Avatar is corrupted?"
The archmage asked sounding quite concerned.
"As for Master Adimari how are she these days there are some decades since I saw her last."
He asked. Jeffry still looked concerned but he nodded.
"I saw Mr Gregario speak when everyone was gathered in the cafeteria meaning that he might be in a condition now that he can be presented for what can be done for his student so he can give his consent to it, that is what have held Cita...ehm I mean Master Telar back from making the attempt, we need the consent of the girl's teacher first since he is her legal guardian."
He shrugged, "Master Telar observed that numerous shards of my Avatar are corrupted, but she could not at that time give an accurate estimate of how much. I don't think the, hm, main body is significantly afflicted so, but there's probably an unpleasantly high rate in the cloud surrounding the core. All the more reason for me to hope for miss Florentine's speedy recovery."
He smiled, "Master Adimari is in good health. About to take a new apprentice, in fact - a non-Fallen woman we found in the Labyrinth; the girl has quite a bit of potential. Oh, and yes, I will be entering a formal duel with Master Adimari at a yet-unspecified date in the near future. She casually praised Italian cuisine over that of Albion, in a manner that stung my British pride, so I'm going to need three volunteers to judge a cook-off. She will have her Security Chief appoint three judges, as well."

"I was more thinking you need someone to pilot the shuttle, forgive me for saying so but one more person if your plan fail will just get one more person killed or captured so there is little point in risking another person by sending them to accompany you, however a pilot might be needed. I suspect the two death magi are willing to follow you but the question is how much good they will do."
Jeffry said and frowned.
He nodded, "Very good; I would hesitate to bring anyone with me inside, but a more experienced Umbral pilot to deliver me on site and then bug out would be sound planning."

The old Flambeau sigh then he nodded.
"I will allow you to undertake this mission because while I do not like it...the tactic is sound. However unless you completely remember from you visions how to pilot that shuttle you are going to need to convince a pilot to take you which might be a tall order...and..."
Jeffry sigh at that.
"I assume you understand that will all your knowledge you can not allow yourself to be captured alive, if all home of escape is gone...this is not an easy order to give but...I assume you understand what I am getting at."
He said in a pained tone of voice as he regarded you.
He nodded, "That's part of why I'm bringing the corrupt Tass with me; detonating it in my own pocket should be... quite the effective and grisly means of ending myself. Hum, speaking of knowledge, I think the Fallen whose phylactery is presently in my safekeeping is going to have a few psychological scars to deal with - I'm afraid I tricked him into reading my mind. I was quite firmly concentrating on remembering the last moments of being Teomim at that time - yes, I remember the first and last moments of being Heylel Teomim, and neither memory is particularly pleasant, though for very different reasons..."

"Please do not bring heavily Resonated and especially corrupted Tass into the Chantry again without asking permission first Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said sternly and while he did not wag his finger at you, it was clear that he wanted to.
"If any of it is left after we deal with Larson's Labyrinth then we will have to find some solution for it then I do not like to have it here at Steelhaven. As for the part of the torture rack Node as you describe it, that you can keep, what you plan to do with it is quite noble and appropriate, it's victims deserve to be honored."
The security chief said firmly.
He nodded, "I can't be certain it won't happen again, but things became a little hectic when we were called home, otherwise I would have notified you before returning that I carried such munitions. I'm fairly sure you would not be altogether too pleased with my taking the time do debate that detail with you while there was an ongoing hostage situation and a spiritual incursion in the Chantry at once. If there is any left after Larson is dealt with, I will gladly dispose of it in the most efficient manner possible - that is, burn it off with a simple primal flame, like with the now two Balls of Abysmal Flame I've helped dismantle this weekend - with the exception of perhaps one or two drams of Tass, which I would like to retain for the specific purpose of demonstrating the efficacy of my Rote to the necessary authorities on Horizon."

"You can wake them if you wish, the danger is over now so I might wake them up soon to have them keep watch over the Chantry they are my eyes and ears after all, I just kept them in here while we where under attack to make sure they where kept safe."
The old Flambeau commented.
He smiled warmly, "I'll let them rest. Since I'm unable to unsee them, I'm sure they'll notice and pester me soon enough anyway."

You could suddenly feel and see Engrave next to you. The two Hermetics looked at the spirit. George bowed to the spirit and Jeffry smiled.
"Good day friend it is an honor to meet you, welcome to Steelhaven."
George smiled and said to you.
"He is magnificent Mr Wainwright."
He smiled, "He is. His old name had been destroyed by Abigail's labyrinth - I'm just glad I was able to offer him a new one, which met his approval. I make no claim on his service, of course, but I'm glad to call him friend."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:05 pm

Colin smiled, "Well, the etymology is quite apparent."

George gave an amused nod at that.

He nodded, "I'm not sure if I can quite wrap my head around how Heart's Blood works - unless as the opposite end of a scale from where my special meta-Rote for extricating Quintessence from Tass and other spells lies. But no, it did not seem pleasant or healthy... but better than... the remaining option."

"It probably was necessary for my student to use the Heart's Blood rote however that do not mean I do not get to worry for his well being."
Jeffry said and sigh.
"Well I will discuss it with him later."

He shrugged, "I believe the contrast fluid, which will be injected into the blood stream, is generally kept at a slightly different temperature from that of the human body, so there's a little discomfort there. And the scanner is essentially a narrow tube he'll be put into headfirst; if claustrophobia is an issue, that might need some coaxing. But so long as there's no severe phobias involved at any stage, he'll be fine.

"If Kyle was claustrophobic I suspect he would have protested the small room he have been kept in. He did express nervousness about needles but seamed to handle the injections well so I do not think he have any such issues but he should probably be asked before this scan to be sure he is fine with it."
Jeffry said and nodded.
"What you describe sounds fine enough."

And I agree, there are some... medical practitioners who are trained by Union methods; I've filed a complaint against one at Chantry Morningstar for recklessly endangering Anna despite notifications that she was not to be given injections... Ah, that matter is being dealt with there in any case - I expect I'll receive summons to testify at some point."

"Hum...is the little Nephanda all right?"
Jeffry asked.
"Well if someone tried to harm your apprentice off course you should bring them up on charges."

He nodded, "I'm given to understand the largest volume a muscle can accommodate in such a manner before the strain becomes damaging - albeit not a significant amount of damage as a one-time thing - is about two centiliters. The serum requires a three-centiliter dose."

"I see, well that is where part of the discomfort comes from then?"
Jeffry asked.
"Well I guess using it on prisoners will have to be limited to when there are few other choices available."

He nodded, "Several. I'm getting used to them by now, though it's apparently a little disconcerting for others to see me drift off with no apparent trigger."

"I would imagine so yes and it might also be disconcerting to deal with all the future knowledge you have."
George said.
"Unless one is used to dealing with chronomancers."

He nodded, "I trust Chief Morgan's wards. And I think the best means of dealing with the Primi would be to politely inform them in private that the winds have turned against them, and that they may yet avoid a scandal by stepping down peacefully..."

"That would be the least damaging outcome yes."
George said and nodded.
"The question is if they would agree to it."
Jeffry chimed in.

He nodded, "I shot her in the chest when we first met in my timeline - she was improperly healed, and has pattern damage in her heart and lungs; fortunately, I know of an excellent physician on Horizon - she'll be the family doctor, in fact, when we move there. That's still some time away, though. I'm confident that despite literal attempts on her life, we'll be able to keep her safe and nurse her back to health, even as she gently coaxes her glass dragon back to the light."

The Primus nodded at that.
"It is good to hear the girl will survive then I am also sure the Chantry will be sad to see you leave Mr Wainwright."
He said.
"Hum...a good and trusted physician can be most valuable indeed."

He chuckled, "Yes, and the good lady is highly mutated, too. Well, the spice of life, I suppose..."

"She is finding comfort then I guess in the series, reading about albeit fictional beings she can see as similar to herself."
The old archmage said.

Colin sipped his tea smoothly, "You should be glad you weren't in Chicago, then, when I spoke with an emissary of the Jade Demon who knocked on the door of Chantry Morningstar to inform us of when the Jade Demon's household was hitting Abigail's Labyrinth. Very pleasant fellow, actually, and quite courageous, since he had been instructed to offer himself up as a token of good faith on the Jade Demon's part. We had to let him go, though; the added security to incarcerate him would strain the Chantry a little too much at that time. He seemed quite happy about that; I hope I won't meet him again, though, since I would be quite legally compelled to fight him. For that matter, the Jade Demon is quite a pleasant gentleman, as well. I'd hazard he might be one of the earliest Confucian gentlemen, even. Terrifyingly powerful, but quite polite and soft-spoken."

Jeffry just looked at you evenly for a while.
"I see the trip to Chicago was most eventful but no I do not suspect I would have enjoyed getting the fellow you speak of knocking at my door no why would the Jade Demon, no matter how polite he might be help Morningstar against his own kind?"
He continued George nodded.
"It seam they knew exactly how close to cooperating they could get with it still being legal for Traditionalists."
He mushed.

He shrugged, "Master Telar observed that numerous shards of my Avatar are corrupted, but she could not at that time give an accurate estimate of how much. I don't think the, hm, main body is significantly afflicted so, but there's probably an unpleasantly high rate in the cloud surrounding the core. All the more reason for me to hope for miss Florentine's speedy recovery."

Jeffry nodded but he did not look pleased.
"I see well as long as you do not start acting Fallen it should be...okey but do be aware that there can be legal issues of someone discovers the corrupted aspects of your soul. Yes I do hope that the idea for helping Miss Florentine will work for several reasons."

He smiled, "Master Adimari is in good health. About to take a new apprentice, in fact - a non-Fallen woman we found in the Labyrinth; the girl has quite a bit of potential. Oh, and yes, I will be entering a formal duel with Master Adimari at a yet-unspecified date in the near future. She casually praised Italian cuisine over that of Albion, in a manner that stung my British pride, so I'm going to need three volunteers to judge a cook-off. She will have her Security Chief appoint three judges, as well."

"A new apprentice that will be good for her...but this person was found in the Labyrinth? Should I be worried?"
George said then he smiled a little.
"Hum...well now that sounds like a most well tasting duel."

He nodded, "Very good; I would hesitate to bring anyone with me inside, but a more experienced Umbral pilot to deliver me on site and then bug out would be sound planning."

"I can try to have that arranged, getting a pilot to bring you to the Labyrinth...if you are absolutely sure you want to go though with this plan?"
Jeffry said and he sounded concerned.

He nodded, "That's part of why I'm bringing the corrupt Tass with me; detonating it in my own pocket should be... quite the effective and grisly means of ending myself.

"That should...get the job done..."
The old Hermetic said darkly.
"Know that I do not enjoy giving that order Mr Wainwright but we can not let the Nephandi get their hands on you, eventually everyone talks with enough torture."
Jeffry said and looked at you for a moment.
"Hopefully such a last resort will not be needed."

Hum, speaking of knowledge, I think the Fallen whose phylactery is presently in my safekeeping is going to have a few psychological scars to deal with - I'm afraid I tricked him into reading my mind. I was quite firmly concentrating on remembering the last moments of being Teomim at that time - yes, I remember the first and last moments of being Heylel Teomim, and neither memory is particularly pleasant, though for very different reasons..."

"That do...sound like a most unpleasant thing to look into, especially given the man's situation, once things have calmed down I will send someone down to check in on the prisoners, though with having seen something like that I doubt much can be said to help him but at least we can check in on him."
Jeffry said and frowned.
"What he saw in your mind stopped him though so well some good came of it."

He nodded, "I can't be certain it won't happen again, but things became a little hectic when we were called home, otherwise I would have notified you before returning that I carried such munitions. I'm fairly sure you would not be altogether too pleased with my taking the time do debate that detail with you while there was an ongoing hostage situation and a spiritual incursion in the Chantry at once.

"It is fine this time but I do not want you to bring such Tass into the Chantry again without very good reasons and preferably speak with me first, the stuff is dangerous and I do not like to have it stored here."
Jeffry said firmly.

If there is any left after Larson is dealt with, I will gladly dispose of it in the most efficient manner possible - that is, burn it off with a simple primal flame, like with the now two Balls of Abysmal Flame I've helped dismantle this weekend - with the exception of perhaps one or two drams of Tass, which I would like to retain for the specific purpose of demonstrating the efficacy of my Rote to the necessary authorities on Horizon."

"I will think about your request, the rest of the corrupted Tass though you will have to either destroy or store somewhere else than Steerhaven."
The Flambeau said sternly.

He smiled warmly, "I'll let them rest. Since I'm unable to unsee them, I'm sure they'll notice and pester me soon enough anyway."

"Oh they probably will they can be quite demanding when it comes for attention."
Jeffry said fondly.
"And yes if you can see them they are going to pester you, be sure of that, just tell them to leave if they become to annoying."

He smiled, "He is. His old name had been destroyed by Abigail's labyrinth - I'm just glad I was able to offer him a new one, which met his approval. I make no claim on his service, of course, but I'm glad to call him friend."

"You did well giving him a new name Mr Wainwright a spirit without a name is a sad thing."
Jeffry said and smiled.
"Well you have made a good friend then Mr Wainwright treat him well."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:53 pm

"It probably was necessary for my student to use the Heart's Blood rote however that do not mean I do not get to worry for his well being."
Jeffry said and sigh.
"Well I will discuss it with him later."
Colin nodded, "It was necessary - the pine cone Beatrice left me on board the Mary's Serafina - and again, that's a chronomantic clusterfuck - needs Heart's Blood to activate. A mere infusion of Quintessence will not be sufficient, and it would seem it is picky about its users."

"Hum...is the little Nephanda all right?"
Jeffry asked.
"Well if someone tried to harm your apprentice off course you should bring them up on charges."
He frowned, "Well, her heart gave out from the stress - if not for Mrs. Knox, the Verbena vampire specialist who came with us back - I might have lost her, there and then. There will be more close calls, but I think she'll be fine, all the same, so long as no-one comes near her with a needle, or talks about meddling with her brain..."

"I see, well that is where part of the discomfort comes from then?"
Jeffry asked.
"Well I guess using it on prisoners will have to be limited to when there are few other choices available."
He nodded, "The nausea seems to be a side effect of the serum itself, rather than the pain at the injection site, but I found that being prepared for it and self-administering had a quite calming effect. I'm not doing it again, though; it was unpleasant, and Mia was rightly offended."

"I would imagine so yes and it might also be disconcerting to deal with all the future knowledge you have."
George said.
"Unless one is used to dealing with chronomancers."
He grinned, "Years of Doctor Who has vaccinated me well against the headaches, it seems. When you watch adventures through the entirety of time and space weekly for a few decades, it teaches a certain... mental flexibility."

"That would be the least damaging outcome yes."
George said and nodded.
"The question is if they would agree to it."
Jeffry chimed in.
He nodded, "I would suggest an offer of amnesty in exchange for their early retirement from politics. What is the penalty for an illegal Gilgul?"

The Primus nodded at that.
"It is good to hear the girl will survive then I am also sure the Chantry will be sad to see you leave Mr Wainwright."
He said.
"Hum...a good and trusted physician can be most valuable indeed."
He smiled, "I will, of course, not sever all ties upon my departure. For that matter, I may move my workshop and keep the silver shop open; my assistant is quite capable of taking orders and making sales without my involvement, and regular shipments of merchandise to and from Horizon should be little trouble."
He pondered, "Ah, that's right, I'll be apprenticing Master Crexia Ex Tytalus Ex Tremere sometime around May or June; I hope we can arrange accomodations for her here for a few months?"

"She is finding comfort then I guess in the series, reading about albeit fictional beings she can see as similar to herself."
The old archmage said.
He nodded, "I'm just glad she settled on Frank Herbert, and not... what's that game setting called again... ah, Warhammer 40,000. The means of interstellar travel there are... far less pleasant."

Jeffry just looked at you evenly for a while.
"I see the trip to Chicago was most eventful but no I do not suspect I would have enjoyed getting the fellow you speak of knocking at my door no why would the Jade Demon, no matter how polite he might be help Morningstar against his own kind?"
He continued George nodded.
"It seam they knew exactly how close to cooperating they could get with it still being legal for Traditionalists."
He mushed.
He shook his head, "It wasn't a matter of helping Morningstar against his own kind - Larson and Abigail had stepped so far out of line he felt his own peace and quiet were too greatly disrupted by their actions, and so he felt compelled to act. Coordinating loosely with Morningstar's assault was merely a mutual convenience. A very temporary armistice was deemed permissible."

Jeffry nodded but he did not look pleased.
"I see well as long as you do not start acting Fallen it should be...okey but do be aware that there can be legal issues of someone discovers the corrupted aspects of your soul. Yes I do hope that the idea for helping Miss Florentine will work for several reasons."
He nodded, "I intend to keep my cards very close to my chest, yes. But to be honest, the corrupted aspects of my soul are really a lesser legal worry than, well, the identity of her."

"A new apprentice that will be good for her...but this person was found in the Labyrinth? Should I be worried?"
George said then he smiled a little.
"Hum...well now that sounds like a most well tasting duel."
He smiled, "I don't think there's much to worry about - the young woman we found was apprenticed to one of the Fallen, but due to her Mentor's claustrophobia had been forbidden from entering the Caul. The girl's been somewhat indoctrinated, but not irreparably, and her Avatar still favours our side. And yes, it should be a delicious duel for everyone involved - though i might have to make an effort to try to obtain some extinct herbs and spices from Horizon, if I'm to break out the older recipes from the book."

"I can try to have that arranged, getting a pilot to bring you to the Labyrinth...if you are absolutely sure you want to go though with this plan?"
Jeffry said and he sounded concerned.
He frowned, "Want to? Not a chance, i'm afraid. But do I believe it has the greatest chance of improving our odds in taking down Larson before she can summon Nyarlathotep? Absolutely. So I intend to make the attempt."

"That should...get the job done..."
The old Hermetic said darkly.
"Know that I do not enjoy giving that order Mr Wainwright but we can not let the Nephandi get their hands on you, eventually everyone talks with enough torture."
Jeffry said and looked at you for a moment.
"Hopefully such a last resort will not be needed."
He smiled wryly, "Well, look at it this way - I remember the sensations of being Gilgulled. Compared to that, there's little left to frighten me, but pain... eh, I just might become useless before I crack."

"That do...sound like a most unpleasant thing to look into, especially given the man's situation, once things have calmed down I will send someone down to check in on the prisoners, though with having seen something like that I doubt much can be said to help him but at least we can check in on him."
Jeffry said and frowned.
"What he saw in your mind stopped him though so well some good came of it."
He nodded, "The one thing he fears the most; I don't think he expected snooping on the memory of one who suffered it..."

"It is fine this time but I do not want you to bring such Tass into the Chantry again without very good reasons and preferably speak with me first, the stuff is dangerous and I do not like to have it stored here."
Jeffry said firmly.
He nodded, "I agree - I would not have done so this time, either, if not for the immediate crisis. I can use it safely, but I don't trust it for long-term storage; I'm too worried about Resonances leaking..."

"I will think about your request, the rest of the corrupted Tass though you will have to either destroy or store somewhere else than Steerhaven."
The Flambeau said sternly.
He nodded, "I will detonate the rest with a smile before returning home, Sir. If I keep any at all, it will be the most stable Tass I can pick out."

"Oh they probably will they can be quite demanding when it comes for attention."
Jeffry said fondly.
"And yes if you can see them they are going to pester you, be sure of that, just tell them to leave if they become to annoying."
He smiled, "Of course. Though, if Jareth can see them, they might be less inclined to persist..."

"You did well giving him a new name Mr Wainwright a spirit without a name is a sad thing."
Jeffry said and smiled.
"Well you have made a good friend then Mr Wainwright treat him well."
He nodded, "I will."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:12 pm

"Damn that would have been popular on youtube, not that anything like that should be shared but still damn that would have been popular indeed."
Kyle exclaimed.

"It would be awesome to see something like this on youtube. Although their would probably some people in the comments complaining about how bad the 'special effects' were." Serge said with a grin.

"I am really glad no one was hurt though that is good."
The young mage then heard the rest of what you where saying and he sounded concerned.
"Are they being killed? That vampire sounded to be in pain, why are they being hurt?"

"Their not being killed, just paralyzed. I assume their doing it as a precaution. We can't risk them going into another frenzy in a chantry full of mages. This way we lower the chances of us getting hurt and the vampires don't have to worry about getting blown up by a fireball while they can't control their actions." Serge explained although it was clear that Serge didn't really like the thought of the vampires getting staked.

Kyle looked at the drawings and nodded he pointed at the hook nosed man.
"That is Wallace Jace he is Larson's second in command he is not the worst person but he is pretty damn powerful."

"He looked powerful. He might've been the one to send the slime spirits." Serge said as he jotted the name of the man underneath his picture.

He said then he pointed at the picture of the Asian lady.
"She is the security chief down there and she have this cool air about he but you get the feeling she would not mind taking you a apart into your individual parts if she was given half a chance, she is Master Mysaki but I do not know if that is her first or last name nor do I know any other names for her, those two drawings are really good they look exactly like them. The third person I have seen in the Labyrinth but I do not know who she is."
The boy confirmed.

"Let's see...Master Mysaki." Serge said writing the Asian Ladie's title underneath her portrait.

"That's three for three. Looks like our little friend was telling the truth. That's awesome. Master Morgan gonna love this." Serge said with a smile.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:11 pm

Kristina considered what you where writing then she said. "If he is half asleep when you turn him back around then I I will do it immediately, and you can try to calm him down afterwards and make him as comfortable as possible, if he wakes up fully though it is better to tell him what is going on and try to get in cooperation." She instructed and she got ready and nodded to you regret on her face.

Adley nodded at that and prepared to follow suit - turning Lenoe, the intent to keep his arms out of way of where the stake would have to go back so that Kris could do it as efficiently as she could.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:56 pm

Colin:

Colin nodded, "It was necessary - the pine cone Beatrice left me on board the Mary's Serafina - and again, that's a chronomantic clusterfuck - needs Heart's Blood to activate. A mere infusion of Quintessence will not be sufficient, and it would seem it is picky about its users."

"I am still curious about how Miss Alexander managed to leave this pine cone on the tainted ship but I get the concept of magick keyed to specific individuals that is not uncommon."
Jeffry said and nodded he was still frowning though he did not like the idea of Adley being hurt.

He frowned, "Well, her heart gave out from the stress - if not for Mrs. Knox, the Verbena vampire specialist who came with us back - I might have lost her, there and then. There will be more close calls, but I think she'll be fine, all the same, so long as no-one comes near her with a needle, or talks about meddling with her brain..."

"I am sure we can arrange for no one talking about meddling with the child's brain, but if she have pattern damage then chances are she is going to need mundane medical treatment, how will you arrange for that if she can not stand one of the most important tools of modern medicine the way I understand it?"

He nodded, "The nausea seems to be a side effect of the serum itself, rather than the pain at the injection site, but I found that being prepared for it and self-administering had a quite calming effect. I'm not doing it again, though; it was unpleasant, and Mia was rightly offended."

"Hum well at least that is better than the one being injected getting sick from pain, but yes it's use have to be limited however when we have more prisoners than other restraints then we do have to relay on it unfortunately."
Jeffry said sternly.

He grinned, "Years of Doctor Who has vaccinated me well against the headaches, it seems. When you watch adventures through the entirety of time and space weekly for a few decades, it teaches a certain... mental flexibility."

"This is this television play you enjoy yes?"
Jeffry asked sounding a bit confused. George though who was himself a Master of Time just smiled a little.

He nodded, "I would suggest an offer of amnesty in exchange for their early retirement from politics. What is the penalty for an illegal Gilgul?"

"The one who misuse this power will find himself it's victim."
George said and it sounded like he was quoting from some legal document or another.
"The sternest of punishments are used for those who would unlawfully destroy another's soul so facing that we might make the two Primi step down...if they think we can succeed in a case against them that is."

He smiled, "I will, of course, not sever all ties upon my departure. For that matter, I may move my workshop and keep the silver shop open; my assistant is quite capable of taking orders and making sales without my involvement, and regular shipments of merchandise to and from Horizon should be little trouble."

"Well I am glad you will be keeping in touch Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said and smiled.

He pondered, "Ah, that's right, I'll be apprenticing Master Crexia Ex Tytalus Ex Tremere sometime around May or June; I hope we can arrange accomodations for her here for a few months?"

"Ah Mistress Crexia is learning a new skill is she, I am sure we can arrange a room for her it would be an honor."
George said.

He nodded, "I'm just glad she settled on Frank Herbert, and not... what's that game setting called again... ah, Warhammer 40,000. The means of interstellar travel there are... far less pleasant."

"I am afraid this setting I am not familiar with but yes there are far worse things she could be a fan of than Frank Herbert's books."
The archmage commented.

He shook his head, "It wasn't a matter of helping Morningstar against his own kind - Larson and Abigail had stepped so far out of line he felt his own peace and quiet were too greatly disrupted by their actions, and so he felt compelled to act. Coordinating loosely with Morningstar's assault was merely a mutual convenience. A very temporary armistice was deemed permissible."

"I see so Abigail and Larson are going against the will of the other Nephandi Labyrinths they associate with? That is quite useful to know...even so working with a Labyrinth during a battle seam to risky."
Jeffry said and frowned.

He nodded, "I intend to keep my cards very close to my chest, yes. But to be honest, the corrupted aspects of my soul are really a lesser legal worry than, well, the identity of her."

"Unfortunately that is true."
George said and sigh.
"You better be careful with both though or you will be in allot of trouble I fear Mr Wainwright."

He smiled, "I don't think there's much to worry about - the young woman we found was apprenticed to one of the Fallen, but due to her Mentor's claustrophobia had been forbidden from entering the Caul. The girl's been somewhat indoctrinated, but not irreparably, and her Avatar still favours our side. And yes, it should be a delicious duel for everyone involved - though i might have to make an effort to try to obtain some extinct herbs and spices from Horizon, if I'm to break out the older recipes from the book."

"I see well for once such a fear did some good then."
Jeffry said and grinned.
"As for your duel may i recommend Julianna Delavere bani Verbena's herbal shop on Horizon she can get you the plants you need I recon."
The Flambeau said.
"And good luck Mr Wainwright."

He frowned, "Want to? Not a chance, i'm afraid. But do I believe it has the greatest chance of improving our odds in taking down Larson before she can summon Nyarlathotep? Absolutely. So I intend to make the attempt."

Jeffry nodded at that.
"In that case Mr Wainwright thank you for volunteering an I hope your mission will go well and that your blaze of glory will wait for some time yet."

He smiled wryly, "Well, look at it this way - I remember the sensations of being Gilgulled. Compared to that, there's little left to frighten me, but pain... eh, I just might become useless before I crack."

"That is always the danger with torture, if the victim is strong or the torturer incompetent or to eager the prisoner will just be a babbling mess or catatonic long before they talk...however I would not want to take that chance, not will all you know."
Jeffry said seriously and regretfully.

He nodded, "The one thing he fears the most; I don't think he expected snooping on the memory of one who suffered it..."

"Yes...it must have been a harrowing experience for him, it would be a harrowing experience for anyone frankly. Like I said I will send someone down to talk with him and check on his mental state, there is little else I can do for him."
The security chief said.

He nodded, "I agree - I would not have done so this time, either, if not for the immediate crisis. I can use it safely, but I don't trust it for long-term storage; I'm too worried about Resonances leaking..."

"Good then we are in agreement."
Jeffry said.

He nodded, "I will detonate the rest with a smile before returning home, Sir. If I keep any at all, it will be the most stable Tass I can pick out."

"That is good, however if this stable Tass is corrupted I will have to consider it at that time whatever or not you can keep it at the Chantry, the safety of Steelhaven comes first."
Jeffry staid sternly.

He smiled, "Of course. Though, if Jareth can see them, they might be less inclined to persist..."

Jareth that is your new owl friend, well do make sure he do not bother my imps to much if he can see and interact with them."
The old Flambeau said and frowned.

He nodded, "I will."

Jeffry smiled at that.
"Good, well we should let our new friend here return to...ehm...decorating the basement then, perhaps we can learn a few things from that."
He said while Engrave just stood there looking at you.

Serge:

"It would be awesome to see something like this on youtube. Although their would probably some people in the comments complaining about how bad the 'special effects' were." Serge said with agrin.

"Yeah probably, well the biggest problem would be the Technocracy going after everyone in the video though, that would suck my dad says we need to keep what we are a secret."
Kyle said and frowned.
"But it would be cool to see.

"Their not being killed, just paralyzed. I assume their doing it as a precaution. We can't risk them going into another frenzy in a chantry full of mages. This way we lower the chances of us getting hurt and the vampires don't have to worry about getting blown up by a fireball while they can't control their actions." Serge explained although it was clear that Serge didn't really like the thought of the vampires getting staked.

"I do not like the idea of anyone being paralyzed and unable to move to be restrained like that must be horrible, is this really necessary it seams wrong to me to hurt them like this."
Kyle said and he seamed rather upset over it.
"C...cant they just lock them up or something?"

"He looked powerful. He might've been the one to send the slime spirits." Serge said as he jotted the name of the man underneath his picture.

"Well he is the second in command...he was less of a douche than the others I met in the Labyrinth but even so I am sure he can put up quite a fight."
The young widderslainte said and looked down he was still upset about what was happening with the vampires.

"Let's see...Master Mysaki." Serge said writing the Asian Ladie's title underneath her portrait.

"Yeah that is what she said hr name was."
Kyle confirmed.

"That's three for three. Looks like our little friend was telling the truth. That's awesome. Master Morgan gonna love this." Serge said with a smile.

"I am glad to help out and if Master Morgan will be pleased about it that is good."
The kid said and smiled.
"Your drawings are really good...you got the descriptions from a captured Nephandus? The same one that caused a ruckus down here a little while ago?"
He asked.

Adley:

Adley nodded at that and prepared to follow suit - turning Lenoe, the intent to keep his arms out of way of where the stake would have to go back so that Kris could do it as efficiently as she could.

As you moved Mr Lenoe again, moving him over to his back and moving his arms he was suddenly wide awake and sat up with terrifying speed.
"What are you doing? Why are you moving me around? What is happening?"
He asked clearly somewhat upset from having being woken up and not understanding what was going on, then he saw Karl and the condition his relative was in and if he could have paled he would have.
"No...no...please don't not again I can't!"
He whimpered and drew his knees up to his chest and pressed his back against the wall behind the bed shivering.
"Please don't."

(OOC: Sorry for the late reply, Maude had some more issues and had to have an emergency appointment at the vet but they think she will be fine now.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:05 pm

On the vampire's sudden movement, Nicole quit her semi-doze and started to watch the goings-on within the room alertly.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:12 pm

He hadn't even the time to step back before Lenoe had sat up, much as movies showed a vampire rising from a coffin at inhuman speed. Adley carefully dropped his hands from their automatic defensive posture and gave a sympathetic frown to the terrified vampire. "Sir, I am sorry...truly. I do not wish to harm you but the conditions have not changed. I know you have been scared and hurt, and you are scared and hurt but even so, it is the best protection we can offer you. If, later there is an option to relocate, we will offer it but this is still far safer for you. In any case, for the time between you must be confined. This is not what we wished to happen, that you should have to go through this again. It was a cruelty of a particularly clever and...strange prisoner, and for that I can only offer my condolences and tell you that his tricks have been seen through and he is contained. I do not wish to cause you more harm than is absolutely necessary. I have asked someone who will be able to...assist so it will be less painful for you. Please. For your friend..."

// no need to apologize, hoping kitty continues to be ok <3

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:34 pm

He hadn't even the time to step back before Lenoe had sat up, much as movies showed a vampire rising from a coffin at inhuman speed. Adley carefully dropped his hands from their automatic defensive posture and gave a sympathetic frown to the terrified vampire. "Sir, I am sorry...truly. I do not wish to harm you but the conditions have not changed. I know you have been scared and hurt, and you are scared and hurt but even so, it is the best protection we can offer you.

"I...I know the conditions but I can't, we where helpless, completely helpless when that man came in, cut us...burned us...while we where screaming in our heads and could do nothing...I can't not again please I can't I can leave I will do anything but...I do not want to be helpless like that...again please."
Dennis said as he curled up more, he was now shivering rather badly with fear.

If, later there is an option to relocate, we will offer it but this is still far safer for you. In any case, for the time between you must be confined. This is not what we wished to happen, that you should have to go through this again. It was a cruelty of a particularly clever and...strange prisoner, and for that I can only offer my condolences and tell you that his tricks have been seen through and he is contained. I do not wish to cause you more harm than is absolutely necessary.

"Y...you don't know what it feels like Mr Roth Hicks, one thing is the pain that is bad...very bad but pain can be lived though but the fear, the constant gnawing panic and now that I know what it is like to to be attacked in that state I..."
The small man shivered more and his fingers dug into the fabric of his pants as he ad his arms wrapped around his knees.
"Please don't do this..."

I have asked someone who will be able to...assist so it will be less painful for you. Please. For your friend..."

"You have asked someone to...do it?"
Lenoe muttered fearfully and glanced around the room terrified of anyone he did not know. Kristina tried to smile to a scared creature while at the same time taking a step or two back not to seam to threatening.
"Hello Mr Lenoe, I sat watch over you and your relative as you went to sleep remember."
The Verbena said and Dennis nodded.
"I...I remember..."
He muttered and looked down.
"You...have been asked to...stake me?"
He whispered looking like he was fighting tears, this was not some warrior he was just an ethics teacher at a university, he was not used to this kind of stress. Kristina gave the vampire a sympathetic look.
"I know what you are doing Mr Lenoe and I assure you it will be very quick and then I am sure both me and Mr Roth Hicks here are going to do all we can to make sure that you are as comfortable as possible."
She said kindly. Dennis did not look convinced though and he looked down again and shuddered then he noticed the rest of what you had said.
"For...Tobias? H...how is he?"
He asked and looked up at you.

(OOC: Thank you.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:47 pm

"Y...you don't know what it feels like Mr Roth Hicks, one thing is the pain that is bad...very bad but pain can be lived though but the fear, the constant gnawing panic and now that I know what it is like to to be attacked in that state I..." The small man shivered more and his fingers dug into the fabric of his pants as he ad his arms wrapped around his knees. "Please don't do this..."

"You are correct. I do not know what it feels like to face the fear of being so confined. But I have...faced other types of pain and fear, I have faced being truly vulnerable and...ill treated, I have memories of such times that I do not wish on another, though I recognize these cannot be compared. Yet I ask for you to please, face this fear..."

"You have asked someone to...do it?" Lenoe muttered fearfully and glanced around the room terrified of anyone he did not know. Kristina tried to smile to a scared creature while at the same time taking a step or two back not to seam to threatening.
"Hello Mr Lenoe, I sat watch over you and your relative as you went to sleep remember."
The Verbena said and Dennis nodded.
"I...I remember..."
He muttered and looked down.
"You...have been asked to...stake me?"

"I have asked for assistance to ensure that it is done with the least harm to you possible."

"For...Tobias? H...how is he?" He asked and looked up at you.

"As far as I know, he is fine but I would try to find a moment to check a bit closer once...things have been settled here. I know he does not wish you harmed but we are doing what we can. I realise that may not sound like much, given what has transpired, but I know you know that if our situations were reversed, things already would have transpired differently."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:58 pm

"You are correct. I do not know what it feels like to face the fear of being so confined. But I have...faced other types of pain and fear, I have faced being truly vulnerable and...ill treated, I have memories of such times that I do not wish on another, though I recognize these cannot be compared. Yet I ask for you to please, face this fear..."

Mr Lenoe looked up at you for a moment.
"I am sorry to hear...of your difficulties..."
He said softly.
"I...am not sure I can face this fear I...I just can't go through this again."
He begged.
"Please..."

"I have asked for assistance to ensure that it is done with the least harm to you possible."

"It...it is not going to be like...before?"
The terrified vampire asked as he curled up a little more.
"It is still going to be just as bad laying there helplessly I am not sure I could face that."

"As far as I know, he is fine but I would try to find a moment to check a bit closer once...things have been settled here. I know he does not wish you harmed but we are doing what we can. I realise that may not sound like much, given what has transpired, but I know you know that if our situations were reversed, things already would have transpired differently."

"I know you do not want to harm me, but that...your society is afraid of what I am and want me...restrained."
Lenoe muttered bitterly.
"But I guess that given what my blood did to Tobias that fear is understandable. I don't know what the...result would be if one of your kind had come to my society like I did you...but likely there would be some issues yes."
He muttered.
"I would appreciate you checking on Tobias I am worried about him..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:21 pm

"I...am not sure I can face this fear I...I just can't go through this again." He begged. "Please..."

"I believe you can, for you have before. Though I would not make any claim that it would be easy. But in this I need your help...I need you to believe that you can face this fear as much if not more than I believe that you can..."

"It...it is not going to be like...before?" The terrified vampire asked as he curled up a little more. "It is still going to be just as bad laying there helplessly I am not sure I could face that."

"Until such time as we find another acceptable arrangement or our current difficulties resolve...but, as I said, it is safer for you to remain here until the latter."

"I know you do not want to harm me, but that...your society is afraid of what I am and want me...restrained." Lenoe muttered bitterly.
"But I guess that given what my blood did to Tobias that fear is understandable. I don't know what the...result would be if one of your kind had come to my society like I did you...but likely there would be some issues yes." He muttered. "I would appreciate you checking on Tobias I am worried about him..."

"All I can ask then is for your bravery so that we may continue our respective fights. What we're fighting is little less than the end of the world we know - quite a frightening prospect. And your fight within that one for now will be to find your calm, to know this is not forever. You enjoy poetry, don't you? Or perhaps that was your relative...would it help if I recited something, to calm you and take your mind from the fear, before...?" he offered.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:31 pm

"I believe you can, for you have before. Though I would not make any claim that it would be easy. But in this I need your help...I need you to believe that you can face this fear as much if not more than I believe that you can..."

Dennis shook his head he looked rather terrified and whimpered softly.
"I can't not after what just happened...he burned me...I could feel the flame, knew it could destroy me you can not imagine the fear that comes with that I...can't face that again...it is better to go out now and die than...face that again."
He muttered darkly.

"Until such time as we find another acceptable arrangement or our current difficulties resolve...but, as I said, it is safer for you to remain here until the latter."

"I...but...I can't face this I...please..."
Dennis muttered and looked at you with terrified eyes.

"All I can ask then is for your bravery so that we may continue our respective fights. What we're fighting is little less than the end of the world we know - quite a frightening prospect. And your fight within that one for now will be to find your calm, to know this is not forever.

Dennis sigh and looked at you.
"I know Mr Roth Hicks, I know and I do not desire to take you away from that fight I don't but I am not sure if I can just lay down and...let someone stake me again...I can't take that and what if someone attacks me again, hurts me again while I am helpless..."
He whispered desperately.

You enjoy poetry, don't you? Or perhaps that was your relative...would it help if I recited something, to calm you and take your mind from the fear, before...?" he offered.

"It...might...and I do like poetry."
The vampire muttered fearfully and glanced at you he still sat completely curled up though and shivered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:01 pm

"I can't not after what just happened...he burned me...I could feel the flame, knew it could destroy me you can not imagine the fear that comes with that I...can't face that again...it is better to go out now and die than...face that again." He muttered darkly.

"That is the part of you speaking that is what you told me about before, is it not? But, we are speaking as logical, though feeling people. You still have control, for dying may seem a better option to others it might not be."

"It...might...and I do like poetry." The vampire muttered fearfully and glanced at you he still sat completely curled up though and shivered.

This wasn't exactly how he thought he'd be spending this time, reciting poetry to a terrified vampire so that it might be humanely staked. But, he couldn't see a better way to get him to allow it. If this didn't work, he might have to get help from Mr Yager. "Very well, I will need you to lay flat though, can you do that much? And then look here, at me while I speak. Just concentrate on the sounds." He thought for a moment what sort of poem he would want to hear in a situation as unyielding, something that had an introspective sense and nothing about fire and that he knew by heart. He began to recite 'The Waking' by Theodore Roethke, slowly, the repetitive portions of the poem had an air of recursion, something to focus on:  'I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow. I feel my fate in what I cannot fear. I learn by going where I have to go....'

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:20 pm

"I do not like the idea of anyone being paralyzed and unable to move to be restrained like that must be horrible, is this really necessary it seams wrong to me to hurt them like this."
Kyle said and he seamed rather upset over it.
"C...cant they just lock them up or something?"

"That's what I was wondering myself. Those vampires didn't even do anything and not too mention it's still quite early in the day. Their going to be asleep regardless of what we do to them." Serge said with a frown.

"But I doubt either of us have a say in it. Not too mention everyone's on edge due to the attack. Nobodies willing to take any chances." Serge said a with a sigh.

"If it makes you feel any better, nobody really liked this idea to begin with. And I'm sure their trying their best to make it as painless as possible." Serge said trying to reassure Kyle and himself.

"I am glad to help out and if Master Morgan will be pleased about it that is good."
The kid said and smiled.
"Your drawings are really good...you got the descriptions from a captured Nephandus? The same one that caused a ruckus down here a little while ago?"
He asked.

"Nope, I don't know where that guy is." Serge said wondering what had happened to Siege.

"We got these descriptions from another prisoner. Larson screwed her over and now she wants revenge." Serge explained.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:35 pm

Adley:

"That is the part of you speaking that is what you told me about before, is it not? But, we are speaking as logical, though feeling people. You still have control, for dying may seem a better option to others it might not be."

"I don't want to die...but I am scared...so scared and dying might...be better."
Lenoe muttered and looked at you he truly looked miserable curled up as he was, afraid and shaking, at least he was not acting out or being aggressive he was just scared.

This wasn't exactly how he thought he'd be spending this time, reciting poetry to a terrified vampire so that it might be humanely staked. But, he couldn't see a better way to get him to allow it. If this didn't work, he might have to get help from Mr Yager. "Very well, I will need you to lay flat though, can you do that much? And then look here, at me while I speak. Just concentrate on the sounds.

"But if I lay down I...I..then she can..."
Dennis begun his panic growing. Kristina spoke to him then gently.
"I am not going to do anything before you signal that you are ready Mr Lenoe...it is completely safe to say down I promise."
She said then looked at you, perhaps this had to be done in steps, if you could get the vampire to lay down perhaps the rest would progress more smoothly. Mr Lenoe looked from you to Kristina nervously.
"O..ok but don't please...not right away I...not please..."
He whispered in a panicled tone of voice.
"I am not going to do anything before you are ready...you are completely safe."
Kristina responded calmly. Dennis hesitated but he did eventually lay down, his hands holding onto the sheets under him in a death grip as if he was never going to let go again.

He thought for a moment what sort of poem he would want to hear in a situation as unyielding, something that had an introspective sense and nothing about fire and that he knew by heart. He began to recite 'The Waking' by Theodore Roethke, slowly, the repetitive portions of the poem had an air of recursion, something to focus on: 'I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow. I feel my fate in what I cannot fear. I learn by going where I have to go....'

It took a little while but the terrified vampire begun to focus on you and the words you spoke his eyes following your movements, he jumped a little when Kristina touched his chest and he begun to make a terrified whimper.
"It is just my hand...I said I am not going to do anything before you are ready...I am just making sure than when you are you are not going to have to be brave for long...shhh."
The Verbena said soothingly the vampire continued to whimper slightly though until she removed her hand again and his eyes went from you to the young druidess and back looking like he did not know if he should panic or not. At least the poetry was having an effect but he was so terrified.

Serge:

"That's what I was wondering myself. Those vampires didn't even do anything and not too mention it's still quite early in the day. Their going to be asleep regardless of what we do to them." Serge said.

"But I doubt either of us have a say in it. Not too mention everyone's on edge due to the attack. Nobodies willing to take any chances." Serge said a with a sigh

"But I'm sure their trying their best to make it as painless as possible." Serge said trying to reassure Kyle and himself.

"Do you think it hurts them badly? What they are doing to them?"
Kyle muttered and glanced out the door at the room the vampires where being kept in.
"I understand everyone being on edge, I get that but it is not right treating someone like this though but you are right neither you or especially I are going to get much of a say in the matter."
The young mage muttered and sigh.
"Serge could you drop in on them you think, the vampires I mean see how they are doing, I mean it is not like that will help but still, it would make me feel better about the situation checking in on them I mean and I am not allowed to leave this room yet."
He requested and glanced over at you.

"Nope, I don't know where that guy is." Serge said wondering what had happened to Siege.

"We got these descriptions from another prisoner. Larson screwed her over and now she wants revenge." Serge explained.

"That makes sense, if Larson screwed this person over that she would want revenge I mean but damn this Chantry seam to have captured allot of Nephandi...who was this person you talked with?"
Kyle asked eye big."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 31 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25 ... 31  Next