Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Aswadim's Blood, Battles and the Lonely Handler IC Thread 23

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 4 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 30  Next

Go down

The Aswadim's Blood, Battles and the Lonely Handler IC Thread 23 - Page 4 Empty Re: The Aswadim's Blood, Battles and the Lonely Handler IC Thread 23

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:12 am

"Reading minds is really cool Sir, can you see what I am thinking now?"
Jane asked happily before she ate another few pop corns.

"If you'll let me. Let's see what your thinking." Serge said with a smile as he looked Jane in the eye, using the eye contact as a bridge into her mind and skimming her surface thoughts.

"Well there are little imps made of fire they are really funny but really spoiled they want me to play with them, they are friends of Master Morgan and then there are cute little green spiders they are so small they can sit in the cups."
Jane said and smiled as she gesticulated just how tiny the spirit spiders where.
"Only this big."

"Do you talk to them? What do they say?" Serge said wanting to learn more about the various spirits at Steelhaven.

"Good choice."
Rosa said and she filled the rainbow glass with orange soda and handed it to you before putting the bottle back into the fridge, about that time there was a knock on the door.
"Ah excuse me."
She said and she went to open, you saw Colin Wainwright waiting outside.
Rosa nodded at that and opened the door wider.
"Please come in Sir Mr Yager is visiting with me, I think he was originally looking for Miss Bergen."
She said and indicated Serge who stood a little ways into her apartment.
"Serge Mr Wainwright here is looking for you."

"Oh hey Mr. Wainwright." Serge turning his head and looking at the elder mage.

Colin wrote:Colin nodded, "Miss Olsen. Yes, I'm looking for Mr. Yager. I have something for him."

"Really?" Serge said curiously.

(OOC: Simple Mind 2 effect to read Jane's surface thoughts. Arete Roll: 8, 6, 3)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

The Aswadim's Blood, Battles and the Lonely Handler IC Thread 23 - Page 4 Empty Re: The Aswadim's Blood, Battles and the Lonely Handler IC Thread 23

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:47 am

"If you'll let me. Let's see what your thinking." Serge said with a smile as he looked Jane in the eye, using the eye contact as a bridge into her mind and skimming her surface thoughts.

Jane nodded.
"You can look at my thoughts Sir."
She said agreed. You looked into the young mage's big, blue eyes and saw there that she was thinking about the Pokemon episode she was watching, she was worried about all that was happening, she did not understand all of it but she knew the Chantry where in danger, and she was miffed at a boy she had played with in the park a few days ago, he had been most rude and she was still a bit angry at him. At least that is what was bubbling around her surface thoughts at the moment.

"Do you talk to them? What do they say?" Serge said wanting to learn more about the various spirits at Steelhaven.

"I speak with the imps they say all sort of things, but they do nto see the world like we do Sir, so what they say is often strange."
Jane explained.
"The siders do not talk, tey are spiders and spiders don't talk, they do make these cute sounds though and I like to pretend that they are talking and are having tea with me, it is more fun that way...however one of them ran of with one of my teacups and that is just rude."
The little girl said and frowned.

Both the child mages turned around in the chair they where sitting in to see who where there and when they saw it was Colin they stood and curtsy.
"Hello Mr Wainwright."
Both of them said and Liv added a little wave of her hand before the both of them climbed into the old, worn armchair again.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:58 am

Anja's Post:

She considered this for a moment, giving a canny look. 'I think so. Unless you're going to make a habit of coming in here needing a whole new hull and it's as bigger than the Iowa.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:53 am

"Well I was not thinking of having you on my beck and call for repairs forever ma'am my offer was one lesson for helping me with one repair, but to make it one more clear let us say one hour of instruction for one hour of work which of course also will lead to the two of you learning something about ship maintenance."
Rodger clarified.
"And no there are no holes in my ship but an engine needs regular maintenance and my last trip I ran into a transformational being who took affront to my being there, my gunner fired a few shots at it and we got away bit some outer plating on my hull have been shredded of and need replacing, but still the ship do not need major repairs."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:02 pm

Rosa nodded at that and opened the door wider.
"Please come in Sir Mr Yager is visiting with me, I think he was originally looking for Miss Bergen."
She said and indicated Serge who stood a little ways into her apartment.
"Serge Mr Wainwright here is looking for you."
She said then she turned back to you.
"Can I offer you anything to drink Mr Wainwright?"
Colin smiled, "Thank you, but I don't really have the time, right now."

He nodded to Serge, "Mr. Yager."

Both the child mages turned around in the chair they where sitting in to see who where there and when they saw it was Colin they stood and curtsy.
"Hello Mr Wainwright."
Both of them said and Liv added a little wave of her hand before the both of them climbed into the old, worn armchair again.
He bowed quickly to the girls, "Liv, Jane."

"Really?" Serge said curiously.
He held up the boxes of runes, "Mr. Bergen said you were to choose one set to keep. The rest... you can return them by way of Mr. Narim or Chief Morgan, I guess - it's still not safe to navigate Mr. Bergen's apartment unless you can see all his traps. It's a fairly simple trick to do so, though - if you have basic ability with what is called the Sphere of Prime - but it's still not the most welcoming apartment."
He smiled thinly, "It seems you've had some impact on the man... well done."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:27 pm

Colin smiled, "Thank you, but I don't really have the time, right now."

"Very well Mr Wainwright I just thought I should offer."
Rosa said and smiled.

He bowed quickly to the girls, "Liv, Jane."

The young mages giggled and waved to you.

He held up the boxes of runes, "Mr. Bergen said you were to choose one set to keep. The rest... you can return them by way of Mr. Narim or Chief Morgan, I guess - it's still not safe to navigate Mr. Bergen's apartment unless you can see all his traps. It's a fairly simple trick to do so, though - if you have basic ability with what is called the Sphere of Prime - but it's still not the most welcoming apartment."

The rune sets where in colorful cloth bags. Liv turned around and looked at the bags and commented to Jane that those sets looked like the ones her father used.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:00 pm

Jane nodded.
"You can look at my thoughts Sir."
She said agreed. You looked into the young mage's big, blue eyes and saw there that she was thinking about the Pokemon episode she was watching, she was worried about all that was happening, she did not understand all of it but she knew the Chantry where in danger, and she was miffed at a boy she had played with in the park a few days ago, he had been most rude and she was still a bit angry at him. At least that is what was bubbling around her surface thoughts at the moment.

"Let's see here. Your thinking about the pokemon episode. And your angry at the rude boy who you played with in the park a few days ago." Serge said peering into Jane's thoughts. He decided not to bring up the fact that she was worried about the chantry. Everyone probably had the same thought floating around in their head.  

"So? Did I get it right?"

"I speak with the imps they say all sort of things, but they do nto see the world like we do Sir, so what they say is often strange."
Jane explained.
"The siders do not talk, tey are spiders and spiders don't talk, they do make these cute sounds though and I like to pretend that they are talking and are having tea with me, it is more fun that way...however one of them ran of with one of my teacups and that is just rude."
The little girl said and frowned.

"Really! One of them stole from you?" Serge said surprised. "Well that just makes him a big meanie. Did you tell your mentor about that? Or maybe ask for help form the other spirits. I doubt they'd appreciate it if they found out one of their spirit friends were stealing form a little girl."

Colin wrote:He held up the boxes of runes, "Mr. Bergen said you were to choose one set to keep. The rest... you can return them by way of Mr. Narim or Chief Morgan, I guess - it's still not safe to navigate Mr. Bergen's apartment unless you can see all his traps. It's a fairly simple trick to do so, though - if you have basic ability with what is called the Sphere of Prime - but it's still not the most welcoming apartment."

"Oh right! I was going to ask you about that later." Serge said as he excitedly walked up to the box of runes.

"Thanks! Wait did you visit him? And did he ask you specifically to get the runes for me?" Serge asked as if he didn't expect Mr. Bergen to do such a thing.

Colin wrote:He smiled thinly, "It seems you've had some impact on the man... well done."

"Huh...really? Well thanks." Serge said as if he didn't believe it.

"I was just being nice to him. He seemed so down and alone. Not too mention worried about his daughter. I thought having a picture of Liv would be a nice way to alleviate some of that worry " Serge explained.

The rune sets where in colorful cloth bags. Liv turned around and looked at the bags and commented to Jane that those sets looked like the ones her father used.

"Hey you girls want to help me pick out a rune set?" Serge asked the girls signaling them over.

He himself began to look through the cloth bags and look at each rune set  separately, trying to determine if their was a difference between them and if their was...which one would most likely benefit him the most.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:40 pm

"Very well Mr Wainwright I just thought I should offer."
Rosa said and smiled.
Colin nodded, "And had I had more time before heading out, I'd have accepted. Perhaps another day."

"Oh right! I was going to ask you about that later." Serge said as he excitedly walked up to the box of runes.

"Thanks! Wait did you visit him? And did he ask you specifically to get the runes for me?" Serge asked as if he didn't expect Mr. Bergen to do such a thing.
He nodded, "I exchanged a few words with him, yes - your drawing of Liv was quite remarkable. All from memory, or did you have her model for you?"
He smiled, "He did ask specifically for that. I think his pride may have cracked quite a bit, between your chat and my promise to try to pull a few strings for his defense... Of course, I'm still going to have a hard time getting on to his Christmas card list, but that's hardly the important thing..."

"Huh...really? Well thanks." Serge said as if he didn't believe it.

"I was just being nice to him. He seemed so down and alone. Not too mention worried about his daughter. I thought having a picture of Liv would be a nice way to alleviate some of that worry " Serge explained.
He nodded, "All he did was for his daughter - he made a bad judgment call, but I can at least sympathize with his motivations..."

He arched an eyebrow and looked up at Liv, replying in Latin, "Your English is improving. Yes, they are your father's sets - he wants Mr. Yager here to have one of his choice."

"Hey you girls want to help me pick out a rune set?" Serge asked the girls signaling them over.

He himself began to look through the cloth bags and look at each rune set separately, trying to determine if their was a difference between them and if their was...which one would most likely benefit him the most.
He smiled and took a step back, "Well, then, you enjoy picking out a suitable set, and I'll leave returning the rest up to you. Good day, and... stay safe."
He gave a quick bow, and headed back to Hildegard, to look for Adjan.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:00 pm

"Let's see here. Your thinking about the pokemon episode. And your angry at the rude boy who you played with in the park a few days ago." Serge said peering into Jane's thoughts. He decided not to bring up the fact that she was worried about the chantry. Everyone probably had the same thought floating around in their head.

"So? Did I get it right?"

"Wow that is amazing Sir and yes that is right I am thinking about the Pokemon episode and that mean boy Josh. He said that I can't become a doctor when I grow up since I am a girl, but girls can be doctors as well!"
The young mage commented angrily.
"Is not that right Sir?"
She said and Rosa grinned.
"You tell him girl!"

"Really! One of them stole from you?" Serge said surprised. "Well that just makes him a big meanie. Did you tell your mentor about that? Or maybe ask for help form the other spirits. I doubt they'd appreciate it if they found out one of their spirit friends were stealing form a little girl."

Jane considered for a moment then she looked up at you.
"I am not sure if the spider spirit is mean Sir I am not sure they understand what property or stealing is, so it just borrowed my cup and I just have to find it again. I will ask my Mentor for help in finding it though when there is time and everyone is safe."
The little girl said and nodded.

He himself began to look through the cloth bags and look at each rune set separately, trying to determine if their was a difference between them and if their was...which one would most likely benefit him the most.

The two girls got out of the arm chair and came running over to you smiling. The rune sets where one made of polished rock crystal pieces with carves symbols painted in gold, one where hematite also carved with symbols painted in bright red, then there where one set made of bone finely polished with the carved symbols painted in red, two of the sets where of wood, one where polished wood nuggets in chestnut with silver inlaid runes while the other there simply slices of a thin branch with red runes painted on them, the last rune set where made of shards of pottery with black painted symbols. All of these sets where of the Elder Futhark. The sets where clearly well used but also loved and well maintained.

Colin nodded, "And had I had more time before heading out, I'd have accepted. Perhaps another day."

Rosa nodded at that.
"I completely understand Sir another day then."

He arched an eyebrow and looked up at Liv, replying in Latin, "Your English is improving. Yes, they are your father's sets - he wants Mr. Yager here to have one of his choice."

Jane translated for Liv and she had made her comment to Jane in Latin which the young Chorister had training in even if she spoke with quite a bit of an accent Liv still only understood a few words of English she smiled at you and nodded though.

He smiled and took a step back, "Well, then, you enjoy picking out a suitable set, and I'll leave returning the rest up to you. Good day, and... stay safe."

Jane and Liv waved to you when you left and Rosa nodded.
"Good day Sir."
She said politely as you left.

When you returned to the hallway you found that Adjan had come down from the chapel and he was standing and talking with Hildegard both of the mages looked up when you arrived.
"I was told you where looking for me Mr Wainwright."
The Euthanathos said he looked rather tired and worn but there was little time for any of you to rest.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:27 pm

Colin wrote:He nodded, "I exchanged a few words with him, yes - your drawing of Liv was quite remarkable. All from memory, or did you have her model for you?"

"It was from memory....with a bit of help from Mind magicks." Serge said sheepishly.

Colin wrote:He smiled, "He did ask specifically for that. I think his pride may have cracked quite a bit, between your chat and my promise to try to pull a few strings for his defense... Of course, I'm still going to have a hard time getting on to his Christmas card list, but that's hardly the important thing..."

"Yeah, he didn't seem to like you. He always used....unsavory words when referring to you." Serge said eyeing the young people in the room and toning down his language appropriately.

Colin wrote:He nodded, "All he did was for his daughter - he made a bad judgment call, but I can at least sympathize with his motivations..."

"I'm sure everyone can." Serge said remembering Helga and Darrien's reaction when talking about him.

"All right good day to you too Mr. Wainwright." Serge said with a final wave before searching through the rune sets once more.

"Wow that is amazing Sir and yes that is right I am thinking about the Pokemon episode and that mean boy Josh. He said that I can't become a doctor when I grow up since I am a girl, but girls can be doctors as well!"
The young mage commented angrily.
"Is not that right Sir?"
She said and Rosa grinned.
"You tell him girl!"

"Yeah! Girl Power!" Serge said joining in the encouragement.

"And Being a doctor is an awesome job. You get to help people!" Serge said encouraging the young girl to go forth with her dreams.

The two girls got out of the arm chair and came running over to you smiling. The rune sets where one made of polished rock crystal pieces with carves symbols painted in gold, one where hematite also carved with symbols painted in bright red, then there where one set made of bone finely polished with the carved symbols painted in red, two of the sets where of wood, one where polished wood nuggets in chestnut with silver inlaid runes while the other there simply slices of a thin branch with red runes painted on them, the last rune set where made of shards of pottery with black painted symbols. All of these sets where of the Elder Futhark. The sets where clearly well used but also loved and well maintained.

"Damn these all look awesome." Serge said searching through the rune pieces.

"So...which one do you girls like best? Remember I can only pick one so choose wisely." Serge said encouraging the girls to search through the rune sets.

As he looked though the different rune sets, he remembered his studies and tried make sense of the symbols on them.

(OOC: Intelligence+ Esoterica (Runic Language) to try and decipher the symbols on the rune sets. Roll: 7, 7, 1, 8, 9)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:47 pm

Kyle agreed and nodded. "Though it is not easy to rest when my new friends are going out into danger." He said and sigh

"Yes, I know - but do try."

"I hope all of the Chantry members comes home safely, I do not want to loose anyone here...but there will be losses wont it?"She said and your Mentor sigh and nodded.
"Most likely yes." He said sadly.

"We are all alive now, so let's just do our best to keep that way."

"I think I understand I assume this device will not harm Kyle then? The wound is not large and with our healers and modern antibiotics such a puncture should not be harmful?"

"Probably not," he said.

"Have you used such a device?" Your Mentor asked

He shook his head. "No, but someone...I knew," he said vaguely.

"No there should be no need to bother Dr Lee for now I am sure he knows what he is doing and I am just fussing, but I do not trust such modern...things."

He wrote out, 'Why don't I check on it and meet you at the office? You can see if the Master has arrived or not by then and if you need me yet. If not, I can attend to preparations.'

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:08 pm

Serge:

"Yeah, he didn't seem to like you. He always used....unsavory words when referring to you." Serge said eyeing the young people in the room and toning down his language appropriately.

Jane looked at you and smiled a little as she fought not to giggle, and adult using bad words where funny to a six year old.

"Yeah! Girl Power!" Serge said joining in the encouragement.

"And Being a doctor is an awesome job. You get to help people!" Serge said encouraging the young girl to go forth with her dreams.

"Yeah Dr Lee is a doctor he helped me when I twisted my ankle playing with my skipping rope."
Jane said and she pointed down at her right, lace tripped sock covered ankle.
"I want to become a doctor as well and help people, I can do it I am good at school stuff."
She said proudly.

Damn these all look awesome." Serge said searching through the rune pieces.

"So...which one do you girls like best? Remember I can only pick one so choose wisely." Serge said encouraging the girls to search through the rune sets.

Jane translated for Liv then she pointed at the clear quarts set. Liv smiled a little shyly and pointed at the polished wood set with the silver inlays.

As he looked though the different rune sets, he remembered his studies and tried make sense of the symbols on them.

They where the elder futhark the other alphabets Ulv had spoken about was not represented among these sets. This was a script used in old Norse society, the later and more romanticized Edda poems as well as the Viking sagas presented a magickal and divinatory meaning of the runes though among archeologists there was some debate around this since just about all rune inscriptions that had been found where of a practical nature, name inscriptions family trees, graffiti, telling of great deeds and anything else that might needed writing up and there where very little found of a mystical nature, despite this the runes where now a popular tool for divination and magick with each rune having their own meaning.

Adley:

"Yes, I know - but do try."

"I will try but I have to say that it do suck!"
Kyle grumbled at having to stay behind and rest while his new friends where in danger.

"We are all alive now, so let's just do our best to keep that way."

Freddy nodded solemnly at that your Mentor gave you a smile.
"Well said mea filius let us aim for that."
He agreed.

"Probably not," he said.

"Good that is good."
Jeffry said in a relieved tone of voice.

He shook his head. "No, but someone...I knew," he said vaguely.

The old Hermetic looked at you for a moment but he decided not to ask and just nodded.

He wrote out, 'Why don't I check on it and meet you at the office? You can see if the Master has arrived or not by then and if you need me yet. If not, I can attend to preparations.'

Jeffry nodded at that he looked at the tablet and said.
"Thank you mea filius I...know I am fussing but when I first have accepted the boy as my student I worry...I worry for all of you."
He said softly.
"I will go and see if Master Boz have arrived just take care of the needed preparations for now and I will deal with the Janissary Master."
He said and he gave you a grateful look for a moment before he headed towards the stairs to the first floor.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:18 pm

"It was from memory....with a bit of help from Mind magicks." Serge said sheepishly.
Colin smiled, "I can do a pretty decent line drawing with a model seated before me, and sometimes with the subject fresh in memory... No shame in using a little magic to, well, make the magic."

He grinned wryly, nodding, "Let's just say I personally dragged his pride over a cheese grater, adding insult to injury by being the one to lead the rescue of his daughter... and now I'm trying to save him. His personal frustration is great, and understandable."

When you returned to the hallway you found that Adjan had come down from the chapel and he was standing and talking with Hildegard both of the mages looked up when you arrived.
"I was told you where looking for me Mr Wainwright."
The Euthanathos said he looked rather tired and worn but there was little time for any of you to rest.
He nodded, "If you're feeling up for it, I need a lift to the Umbral Port. If that's quite alright with you?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:57 pm

Adjan looked at you then he nodded.
"I have the time, we can go right away."
He said then he turned to Hildegard and said.
"I will be back as soon as possible."
The Chorister nodded.
"Very well, stay safe."
Adjan nodded and turned back to you.
"Let us head to the garage then Mr Wainwright we can take my car if that works for you."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:45 pm

"Yeah Dr Lee is a doctor he helped me when I twisted my ankle playing with my skipping rope."
Jane said and she pointed down at her right, lace tripped sock covered ankle.
"I want to become a doctor as well and help people, I can do it I am good at school stuff."
She said proudly.

"Helping people is a noble goal. My Mentor is also helps people. She's a doctor as well although she doesn't fix bones. She talks to people who feel sad or alone and tried to make them feel better." Serge said giving the briefest and simplest explanation of what his psychiatrist Mentor did.

"I wanna be like my Mentor too and help people who feel sad. Although I wanna do it using funny pictures." Serge said quickly drawing a silly smiley face in his sketchbook and showing it to Liv.

Jane translated for Liv then she pointed at the clear quarts set. Liv smiled a little shyly and pointed at the polished wood set with the silver inlays.

They where the elder futhark the other alphabets Ulv had spoken about was not represented among these sets. This was a script used in old Norse society, the later and more romanticized Edda poems as well as the Viking sagas presented a magickal and divinatory meaning of the runes though among archeologists there was some debate around this since just about all rune inscriptions that had been found where of a practical nature, name inscriptions family trees, graffiti, telling of great deeds and anything else that might needed writing up and there where very little found of a mystical nature, despite this the runes where now a popular tool for divination and magick with each rune having their own meaning.

Serge gave a thumbs up to show that he approved of Liv's choice. "Nice. I liked the silver inlays as well."

Taking the wooden set with the silver inlays, Serge looked at the inlaid runes closer, remembering Mr. Bergen's words and trying to develop out his own meaning for the runes.

"Hey...you girls wanna try and draw some of these runes? Let's see if we can figure out their meaning." Serge asked the girls.

Colin wrote:He grinned wryly, nodding, "Let's just say I personally dragged his pride over a cheese grater, adding insult to injury by being the one to lead the rescue of his daughter... and now I'm trying to save him. His personal frustration is great, and understandable."

Serge recoiled slightly at the mention of anything being grated over a cheese grater. "Sounds painful. But if you saved his daughter and are trying to save him, their isn't much he can really complain about."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:20 pm

Serge recoiled slightly at the mention of anything being grated over a cheese grater. "Sounds painful. But if you saved his daughter and are trying to save him, their isn't much he can really complain about."
Colin chuckled, "There was no physical cheese grater... He just has a very... Traditional view of the relative worth of Orphans and Linear Magi, compared to Magi with a Tradition and a Mentor... He has a lot he can complain about, though I expect he'll find little sympathy for his grievances in that regard."

Adjan looked at you then he nodded.
"I have the time, we can go right away."
He said then he turned to Hildegard and said.
"I will be back as soon as possible."
The Chorister nodded.
"Very well, stay safe."
Adjan nodded and turned back to you.
"Let us head to the garage then Mr Wainwright we can take my car if that works for you."
He nodded, "That sounds good - the round trip should not take long, but what I need is someone to, well, get me through to the other side."
He hefted the little bag and patted his pocket, "I have everything I need; I'll explain in a little more detail on the way, once I've warded the car against scrying."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:51 am

Serge:

"Helping people is a noble goal. My Mentor is also helps people. She's a doctor as well although she doesn't fix bones. She talks to people who feel sad or alone and tried to make them feel better." Serge said giving the briefest and simplest explanation of what his psychiatrist Mentor did.

"I wanna be like my Mentor too and help people who feel sad. Although I wanna do it using funny pictures." Serge said quickly drawing a silly smiley face in his sketchbook and showing it to Liv.

"Your Mentor sounds like a nice lady Sir."
Jane said and nodded.
"Helping people be happy is a good thing to do. I am sure you can do it as well and your drawings are great."
She said and nodded. Liv giggled at your drawing.

Serge gave a thumbs up to show that he approved of Liv's choice. "Nice. I liked the silver inlays as well."

Taking the wooden set with the silver inlays, Serge looked at the inlaid runes closer, remembering Mr. Bergen's words and trying to develop out his own meaning for the runes.

"Hey...you girls wanna try and draw some of these runes? Let's see if we can figure out their meaning." Serge asked the girls.

Jane translated and then translated Liv's reply back.
"She says silver is good for all sort of magickal work Sir."
The little girl said and smiled and then at the question on if the girls wanted to draw the runs she nodded enthusiastically.
"Yes that would be fun Sir can we use glitter pens?"
She asked and smiled.
"I have glitter pens in my room."

Colin:

He nodded, "That sounds good - the round trip should not take long, but what I need is someone to, well, get me through to the other side."
He hefted the little bag and patted his pocket, "I have everything I need; I'll explain in a little more detail on the way, once I've warded the car against scrying."

Adjan nodded at that he lead the way down to the basement and got into the driver seat of his old but well maintained car.
"Feel free to do what wards you please in here."
He said as he started the engine.
"And I can get you across the Gauntlet, do you need me to wait for you at the Umbral docks to get you back across into physical reality as well?"
He asked as he waited for you to settle into your seat.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:43 am

Colin wrote:Colin chuckled, "There was no physical cheese grater... He just has a very... Traditional view of the relative worth of Orphans and Linear Magi, compared to Magi with a Tradition and a Mentor... He has a lot he can complain about, though I expect he'll find little sympathy for his grievances in that regard."

"Well I didn't know the extent of his crimes, so to me he just looked like a guy tied to a shelf. Makes it easier to sympathize with a guy when you don't know what he's done." Serge said with a shrug.

Jane translated and then translated Liv's reply back.
"She says silver is good for all sort of magickal work Sir."
The little girl said and smiled and then at the question on if the girls wanted to draw the runs she nodded enthusiastically.

"Ahh Silver. Pure and beautiful and destroyer of werewolves." Serge said with a chuckle.

"Yes that would be fun Sir can we use glitter pens?"
She asked and smiled.
"I have glitter pens in my room."

"I mean, we could use glitter pens....or we could use glitter pens and UNICORN CRAYONS!" Serge said perhaps a bit too enthusiastically as he pulled out one of the vibrant multi-colored crayons the Deaconess had given to him.

"Cool right. The Deaconess gave them to me. Said her unicorn friend helped her to make them." Serge said with a smug smile.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:50 am

"I will try but I have to say that it do suck!" Kyle grumbled at having to stay behind and rest while his new friends where in danger.

"I need someone to keep my cookies safe," he said, trying to cheer him up a bit.

Jeffry nodded at that he looked at the tablet and said."Thank you mea filius I...know I am fussing but when I first have accepted the boy as my student I worry...I worry for all of you." He said softly. "I will go and see if Master Boz have arrived just take care of the needed preparations for now and I will deal with the Janissary Master."

"It's alright, it will only take a moment," he assured him, as he wrote, 'Where and when shall I meet you and the team? Or will you send for me?' he asked and waited for the reply before heading over to Dr Lee.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:09 am

Serge:

"Ahh Silver. Pure and beautiful and destroyer of werewolves." Serge said with a chuckle.

"I have heard werewolves are nice as long as you do not steal from their Nodes and doing so would just be rude, Miss Ravenblood told me so."
Jane said.
"But silver is pretty. I am getting earrings soon and they will be silver."
She said proudly.

"I mean, we could use glitter pens....or we could use glitter pens and UNICORN CRAYONS!" Serge said perhaps a bit too enthusiastically as he pulled out one of the vibrant multi-colored crayons the Deaconess had given to him.

Both the girls clapped their hands enthusiastically when they saw the crayons.
"That is so pretty Sir!"
Jane exclaimed and Liv who might not have understood what you said but she got the gist of it just nodded and grinned. Rosa sigh as she realized she was now babysitting three kids instead of two.
"Ok then why don't I see if I have some cookies to snack on while you three draw."
She said and Jane smiled.
"Thank you Miss Olsen."

"Cool right. The Deaconess gave them to me. Said her unicorn friend helped her to make them." Serge said with a smug smile.

"Deaconess O'Conner gave them to you? Yes she is really nice and she do have a unicorn, but adults can't see it."
Jane said and nodded.
"But yeah they are cool."

Adley:

"I need someone to keep my cookies safe," he said, trying to cheer him up a bit.

"Ahh so I am the cookie guard now am I?"
Kyle said but he did smile a little of your joke.
"I will make sure a few is left for when you return so you better return or I will eat them all!"

"It's alright, it will only take a moment," he assured him, as he wrote, 'Where and when shall I meet you and the team? Or will you send for me?' he asked and waited for the reply before heading over to Dr Lee.

"In that case thank you. Well I would like to see if we could follow up on the information we got about Jace so if you meet me in my office in twenty minutes I should be done making arrangements."
Jeffry said.
"Then we will determine whatever or not we just go ahead with the attack or go after this Prelate first."

You got over to Richard he was done tending to Sierra. The Nephandi prisoner glanced up at you.
"Hello again."
She muttered she still looked terrified but where a little better after some rest and some food. Richard patted Sierra on the shoulder and stood.
"Can I help you A...ehm...can I help you?"
He asked as he remembered that you probably would not want Sierra to know your name.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:10 am

"Well I didn't know the extent of his crimes, so to me he just looked like a guy tied to a shelf. Makes it easier to sympathize with a guy when you don't know what he's done." Serge said with a shrug.
Colin frowned, "He... trusted the wrong people when his daughter was kidnapped. It didn't work out for him - and had we not found out, it wouldn't have gone well for Liv, either."

Adjan nodded at that he lead the way down to the basement and got into the driver seat of his old but well maintained car.
"Feel free to do what wards you please in here."
He said as he started the engine.
"And I can get you across the Gauntlet, do you need me to wait for you at the Umbral docks to get you back across into physical reality as well?"
He asked as he waited for you to settle into your seat.
He nodded, pulling out the Chaos wand as he sat down and worked the scrambler, "I don't believe waiting will be necessary - I don't expect to return until after the battle; I'll be getting a ride on the Chief's shuttle to get there and hopefully back again..."
Once he was satisfied the ward was sufficient, he gave a small nod and leaned back in the seat, pocketing the wand again, "There... We'll probably have no phone signal on the way, and any other magical tracking will be exceedingly difficult as well. So, my mission is to go ahead to Larson's Labyrinth, which is a downed Nephandi Battlecruiser, where I am to infiltrate the ship and persuade the Handler into cooperating with us to stop Larson. I have a bribe for just that purpose... there's no love lost between he Handler and Larson's misanthropes, you see."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:04 pm

Adjan begun driving as you worked your now familiar scrambler rote then he listened to what you had to say and he raised an eyebrow.
"You are getting a ride on the Chief's new Umbral ship to...the Labyrinth? You have to have some plan but are you sure this is wise?"
The Euthanathos asked.

The death magus listened to your explanation of your mission and his eyes hardened with worry when you said the Labyrinth was a downed battle cruiser.
"I see, but even with no love lost between Larson and the ship's Handler how are you going to make a Nephandus betray her own and work with the Traditions?"
He asked.
"I will assume you have some plan for this other than just bribing the Handler?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:26 pm

Adjan begun driving as you worked your now familiar scrambler rote then he listened to what you had to say and he raised an eyebrow.
"You are getting a ride on the Chief's new Umbral ship to...the Labyrinth? You have to have some plan but are you sure this is wise?"
The Euthanathos asked.

The death magus listened to your explanation of your mission and his eyes hardened with worry when you said the Labyrinth was a downed battle cruiser.
"I see, but even with no love lost between Larson and the ship's Handler how are you going to make a Nephandus betray her own and work with the Traditions?"
He asked.
"I will assume you have some plan for this other than just bribing the Handler?"
Colin grinned wryly, "Wise? Not precisely. The best chance for getting our people an upper hand when we hit Larson at her home turf? Most certainly."
He pondered, "Larson is planning to summon and bind one of the Aswadim. This is on par with a Traditionalist calling down and binding an Oracle. The Nephandi, by and large, would consider this a grievous insult to their masters, and seeing as Larson and the Handler are... not quite seeing eye to eye on a lot of matters, I'm willing to wager the Handler is not informed of this plan. As I hear it, the other members of the Labyrinth abuse the Handler, because Larson doesn't care, and the abusive Fallen get eaten by the ship, again because Larson doesn't care. If I can convince the Handler to actively turn against Larson, she can make the ship help us. And such a change in the battlefield... would be a sharp blow to Larson's plans."

He frowned, "There's another matter I would take up with you, now that we have some privacy. I am grateful that you offered kindness and mercy to Anna, but I think you should know who she was. In an earlier incarnation, she was a member of the First Cabal - the Hermetic, Louis du Monte - and a friend of mine at the time. I am compelled to see her live and thrive in this life, to return to the light where her rightful place is. As it happens, there's one other, possibly two, who were in the First Cabal, and who have reincarnated to live at Steelhaven Hall..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:36 pm

Anja's Post:

A short silence before replying. 'So... in effect, an ad-hoc apprenticeship? That could work... got a deal, you have.' ending with a nod.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:40 pm

Colin:

Colin grinned wryly, "Wise? Not precisely. The best chance for getting our people an upper hand when we hit Larson at her home turf? Most certainly."

Adjan nodded at that, he was a man who understood that sometimes uncomfortable and dangerous things had to be done for the grater good.

He pondered, "Larson is planning to summon and bind one of the Aswadim. This is on par with a Traditionalist calling down and binding an Oracle. The Nephandi, by and large, would consider this a grievous insult to their masters,

"I have been present for some of the discussions on Larson's insane plan yes and I can indeed get why many of the Fallen might be against the woman."
The Euthanathos said and nodded.

and seeing as Larson and the Handler are... not quite seeing eye to eye on a lot of matters, I'm willing to wager the Handler is not informed of this plan.

"I see well yes that might be a place to open negotiations and perhaps turn her against Larson indeed."
He said and nodded in agreement.

As I hear it, the other members of the Labyrinth abuse the Handler, because Larson doesn't care, and the abusive Fallen get eaten by the ship, again because Larson doesn't care. If I can convince the Handler to actively turn against Larson, she can make the ship help us. And such a change in the battlefield... would be a sharp blow to Larson's plans."

"Larson seam to have gone to the same leadership school as quite a few 80's cartoon villains."
Adjan commented wryly.
"I get your plan but even so the Handler might be relucent to help a Traditionalist and might just kill you on sight after all she is likely to be aware of what will happen to her if the Traditions capture her, she have no reason to offer us any aid either."
He said sounding a bit skeptical.
"But yes if it can be done that would be tremendous boon for our side."

He frowned, "There's another matter I would take up with you, now that we have some privacy. I am grateful that you offered kindness and mercy to Anna, but I think you should know who she was. In an earlier incarnation, she was a member of the First Cabal - the Hermetic, Louis du Monte - and a friend of mine at the time. I am compelled to see her live and thrive in this life, to return to the light where her rightful place is.

Adjan's eyes widened at that.
"Anna is du Monte's reincarnation, are you sure?"
He asked.
"I would also like to see the girl live and thrive Mr Wainwright the last thing I would want to do is offer her that mercy, I gave her the promise that if she is Gilgulled, and she looses herself to despair in that state like most will, and if you love her to much to do the deed then I will but I would prefer if she live and if she can be saved...if it is possible that would be wonderful she is such a sweet child she deserve a chance."

As it happens, there's one other, possibly two, who were in the First Cabal, and who have reincarnated to live at Steelhaven Hall..."

Adjan gave you a surprised look before he returned his gaze to the road.
"Do you wish to share who you think these reincarnations are and why you think they where members of the First Cabal in their former lives?"
He asked.

Nicole:

A short silence before replying. 'So... in effect, an ad-hoc apprenticeship? That could work... got a deal, you have.' ending with a nod.

"Well you will be paying for lessons with work as it where, so in some ways like an apprenticeship only you are your own woman I have no command over you and no responsibility for your actions either and you are fully initiated into the Traditions but yes I teach you and you assist me with repairs and maintenance to my ship."
Rodger said then he grinned.
"Wonderful...wonderful."
He said and he reached out with a meaty hand to shake on it.

(OOC: Sorry for the late reply we are having guests over so I have been busy today.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 30  Next