Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27

+2
Jeremy Silverstein
Warpmind
6 posters

Page 25 of 31 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 31  Next

Go down

A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27 - Page 25 Empty Re: A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed May 30, 2018 6:56 pm

Paused for a moment, vaguely staring at the toilet. Finally, gave a shrug and muttered 'Nah, that's worse' and left to talk to Thorn.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27 - Page 25 Empty Re: A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed May 30, 2018 7:33 pm

[Nicole] (In the old auto shop at 4 in the afternoon.)

Thorn where done healing his own hands and arms after his magickal workings when you came back from the bathroom.
"Did you find anywhere our friend here can wash up for that picture?"
The Verbena asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed May 30, 2018 7:34 pm

"True...damn if I should ever get the idea in my head to join the Nephandi please shoot me." Freddy commented. "There is something seriously wrong with them. I am no fan of th Union either but even if they are ripe bastards at least they have good intentions at the core but the Nephandi...yeah..."

"Controlling reality and killing off anyone that doesn't fit their idea doesn't seem necessarily good to me, but yes, Nephandi want to destroy and worse, unmake existence. Please don't get any ideas like that, hrm? Amicus would be severely disappointed."

"I have seen allot of the cruelty of the Nephandi...no I do not want my child with them, but with a good teacher that can show her how to use her Gift, yes I think she can do well in the Traditions Sir." Cecilia said and she smiled a little.

He nodded.

"Always more to do eh mea filius?" Jeffry said and sigh then he nodded. "Good but like I said we should ask the help of the Adept Cultist before you do allot more."

"Yes, let me know when you think that's best to do. After this perhaps?"

After Cecelia had read everything and commented her concerns, he scraped the board clean to reply to them. 'The leaders here will dictate certain measures to keep us safe. It is likely that the serum may be used and although it may have long term side effects which are unpleasant including problems with the brain, it may be what is chosen unless there is a better choice that we may utilize. I am sorry for that but I cannot compromise the security of our home. I cannot say for sure but it may be possible that after some while you would be allowed supervised use of magick if your behavior is considered good but I cannot make any promises that will be so. I know this would be hard for you. There are also be other things we and the Chief here or someone he appoints will want to discuss, including the Labyrinth. As for this demon, we will need to protect our home from it - and you will discuss with us all that you can to assist us in doing so as best as you are able including your contract with it. Your daughter as I said is not part of this and will be afforded what my pater discussed regardless.'

He let Cecelia read that, and then after she responded, took the tablet back to scratch a line and ask his pater something and show him: 'What are we going to do to prevent a demon from dropping in on our doorstep whenever it feels the need to check up on it's investment? There is someone over at Chicago that might know if such a thing is possible. But if we blocked it outright, would it make it angry and therefore have trouble on our hands? We might wish a bit more information about this thing so we can protect ourselves, what do you think?'

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed May 30, 2018 7:46 pm

You found the shattered pieces of a memory of the man having lunch on a blanket, spread by the koi pond, he would eat, talk and luagh and throw little bits of bread to the pretty orange and white fish that where so used to humans they would take treats from your hand. It was a calm, happy memory of a warm summer day from his childhood. The wounded man accepted the memory, looked at it and then looked at the fish in the bowl and smiled slightly, but his mind was still shattered and he was so overwealmed so so scared.
"They...are older than me...the koi, but they are still alive...in their pond...orange fish in a pond..."
The man muttered in a hoarse voice to no one in particular.
"And one black one...a black and white fish..."

"The fish that your looking at. The ones in the bowl. Their pretty hungry. Perhaps you can feed them...just like old times." Serge commented but said nothing more not wanting to overwhelm the man. It would be a slow process but Serge continued on, showing the man more pictures building up from the initial koi pond.

He began searching deeper into his mind for other memories. Of the experiences he had had around the pond. Memories of his friends and family who he talked to next to the koi pond, memories of a lover who he most likely took to the koi pond, and the memories of the one black and white fish who he had mentioned briefly....
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed May 30, 2018 8:12 pm

[Adley] (Steelhaven at 4 in the afternoon.)

"Controlling reality and killing off anyone that doesn't fit their idea doesn't seem necessarily good to me, but yes, Nephandi want to destroy and worse, unmake existence. Please don't get any ideas like that, hrm? Amicus would be severely disappointed."

"Oh no do not get me wrong I hate the Technocrazy...they are brutal, controlling assholes but they want reality to exist at least, and they want to protect the sleepers unlike the Nephandi."
Freddy said and frowned.
"Nah no worries I have no plans to change faction but damn the Nephandi are crazy."

"Yes, let me know when you think that's best to do. After this perhaps?"

"After this sounds good mea filius."
Jeffry said and nodded.

After Cecelia had read everything and commented her concerns, he scraped the board clean to reply to them. 'The leaders here will dictate certain measures to keep us safe. It is likely that the serum may be used and although it may have long term side effects which are unpleasant including problems with the brain, it may be what is chosen unless there is a better choice that we may utilize. I am sorry for that but I cannot compromise the security of our home.

Cecilia read part of what you had written then she started crying and shook her head.
"No...after all the Prelatus...did to me...I can't go through that...please..."
She whispered.
"Problems...with the brain? I do not understand the serum is harmful in addition to blocking magick? I...can go through that day after day, I just can't. Pease Sir."

I cannot say for sure but it may be possible that after some while you would be allowed supervised use of magick if your behavior is considered good but I cannot make any promises that will be so. I know this would be hard for you.

"I do not know if I would survive without my Magic Sir."
Cecilia muttered and looked down she was still sobbing as she read what you had written.

There are also be other things we and the Chief here or someone he appoints will want to discuss, including the Labyrinth.

"I will tell you all I know but i am just a pawn there is a limit to what I was told."
The hedge wizard agreed.

As for this demon, we will need to protect our home from it - and you will discuss with us all that you can to assist us in doing so as best as you are able including your contract with it. Your daughter as I said is not part of this and will be afforded what my pater discussed regardless.'

"Again there is little to tell, my daugther where dying in a hospital bed and I was desperate when a woman came to me and said she had a way to save my child. I did not believe her, not really but she took me to a house and there where a ritual chamber in the basment. I knew a little magic my mother where a practicing witch, so I knew the room was set to summon something. A demon was called though it's name I can not speak, he promised to cure my daugther if I gave himself to him, and I did, in the ehm...oldfashioned way, it was not plesant...and when it was over there where a mark on my body. Later my master rearded me with other boons for my service and the woman who recruited me took me to the Labyrinth to be a pawn."
Cecilia said and sigh.

He let Cecelia read that, and then after she responded, took the tablet back to scratch a line and ask his pater something and show him: 'What are we going to do to prevent a demon from dropping in on our doorstep whenever it feels the need to check up on it's investment? There is someone over at Chicago that might know if such a thing is possible. But if we blocked it outright, would it make it angry and therefore have trouble on our hands? We might wish a bit more information about this thing so we can protect ourselves, what do you think?'

The hedge wizard handed the tablet back, your Mentor read what you and written and wrote something himself and handed you.

"Agreed first we need to know what she is contracted with, some beings you would call a demons could be rather simply banished or destroyed other beings would be to dangerous to get tangeled up in, she will have to be examined spiritually to find the nature of her master, this I can do and it will not hurt her, then we will know what to do from there."

[Serge] (Helping out at the infirmary in the attic of Steelhaven at 4 in the afternoon.)

"The fish that your looking at. The ones in the bowl. Their pretty hungry. Perhaps you can feed them...just like old times." Serge commented but said nothing more not wanting to overwhelm the man. It would be a slow process but Serge continued on, showing the man more pictures building up from the initial koi pond.

The man did not respond your message being to complex to take in right now, he just continued to look at the fish in the bowl with dull eyes.

He began searching for other memories. Memories of his friends and family who he talked to next to the koi pond, memories of a lover who he most likely took to the koi pond, and the memories of the one black and white fish who he had mentioned briefly.

You saw the black and white fish swimming among half a dozen of his orange friends. You saw the man's parents enjoying sunny days by the koi pond, his friends growing up, a few girls he had taken to his favorite spot in the garden. You saw visits home for holidays and vecations both his parents and the fish a little older now, moving slower. The man had been married once but the marriage had not lasted, still it was a fond memory. He had a younger brother, now a collage student that he cared for grately and there where a girl he liked working at a local phone kiosk. You saw little moments, relaxing with his favorite junk food and a show on netflix after work, going to see an aticipated film in the cinema...little moments from his life. He worked in a hobby store and ran an etsy shop and enjoyed making things with his hands. He had two pet turtles and he worried about them since he did not know how long he had been captured, he worried they where starving, he liked cheap junk food and science fiction movies and walks in the woods and he liked his parent's koi pond, the black and white fish being his favorite.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed May 30, 2018 8:27 pm

He frowned as she started to cry, sighing. "I'm sorry this isn't the best news, I know..." he said, clearing up the tablet again before replying: 'We are still finding out more about this serum. It may not have the same effect on hedge wizards, but there do seem to be potentially long term affects associated with it for some awakened. I understand that you're scared and traumatized from what happened to you. I'm not doing this to torture you though it may trigger past fears. If I can find some other way I shall do so but I will not have the final decision on this alone as it will be a chantry security matter. It may be possible, but not right away or perhaps we can find a way to set your mind at ease over it somehow, with your consent. I am not trying to harm you but prevent harm but as I said there are not many ways to do so for one in your predicament. It is not the best choice and I want to find a better one too. But if this is the only option that I can determine, for time is unfortunately short, do you consent to it? As for the demon and the woman, any details you are able to give would be useful in finding a way to protect us. My pater has a method to find out more about the demon which would not harm you.'

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed May 30, 2018 8:42 pm

Anja's Post:

'One step off washing in a puddle.' Nicole replied, giving a sigh. 'But'll have to do. Shit... is there anything 'round here that can be used as a towel or something?' trying to remember if she'd seen anything around... along with say soap and other things...

[Just anything she's seen up to now which would help Mr Shade clean up]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu May 31, 2018 12:35 am

[Morningstar, 5 PM]
"No unless she manage to off herself in some way, I doubt there will be any other fate for her than that...and while few deserve such a thing, for that woman while I can not help but have sympathy it is a horrible thing, she do deserve it."
Harmony said and frowned.
"Well we should probably not discuss it in front of the little one."
She said as she noticed Anna's eager sock plucking.
Colin nodded, "Quite; let's drop the subject... It is altogether unpleasant."

"Cotta was...was..."
Anna said and looked down.
"Was it my fault? Was it my map that let the Traditions catch her?"
She asked sadly.
"Was anyone else...in the Labyrinth, have anyone else been Gilgulled?"
The little girl muttered tears welling into her eyes again.
"I do not think Lady Warden would like to be brought to the light, I think she was happy as she was."
He shook his head, "No, she was caught because she came to attack us in person..."
He frowned, "She was too dangerous for us to try to hunt down, so I had to... goad her in a shameful manner. I am not proud of how I baited her, but it worked. I don't know about anyone else in the Labyrinth who have been Gilguled, we even managed to pacify Miss Carlyle and her poor, abused Avatar without killing her, or worse..."
He smiled wryly, "I do not think Warden would have liked to return to the light, either, but perhaps her next incarnation can be persuaded. After all, Warden and Cotta had made a pact to stay together, and while I will not walk the Black Spiral like Cotta did, perhaps the little piece of her love that I inherited will be able to help bring Warden over..."

"They grow vaccine in eggs? How do they get it out of them again?"
Anna asked and scratched her head.
"Yeah our Labyrinth sent medicine for allergy to the Chicago Labyrinth quite often, Doc made it. A gas that seperate one's Avatar from one's body though that is horrible."
The little girl said and the other magi in the room swallowed hard and seamed to agree with her on that.
"I hope no more of that gas can be made Mentor."
Anna said and shicered.
"For that is scary.
He smiled wryly, "I think it's more accurate to say that vaccines are grown in egg proteins, not actually in the eggs themselves. Sort of similar to how cheese is made from milk, rather than getting cheese straight from the cow."
He frowned, "And yes, if all goes well, we've seen the last of that gas. Normally, unmaking something is a Fallen ideal, abhorrent to the Traditions, but in the case of Jace's gas, I'm more than willing to make an exception..."

"Yeah you are probably right about that, it will take time for me to get to terms with it, allot of time. I will wait here for you until you return then Mentor."
Anna said and she with some dificulty due to the cuffs reached for a box of beads and the spool of medical tubing she was sure was beading wire, from the night stand as well as various tools.
He glanced at the tubing with a smile, "Hum, I do wonder if you could draw some coloured thread through there, perhaps a thin blue line at the core of the clear tube?"

"That would be nice, we can stay for a little while before we return to Lavender."
Harmony said and the two of them sat down on chairs next to Anna's bed.
He smiled, "Then if I don't make it back before you head home, I wish you safe travels."

"Come in."
You heard from inside the office.
He opened the door and looked in, "Ah, hello again, Sir. Good news; the Boston Labyrinth is gone, Larson and her inner circle are captured, and Anna is secured, dispelling the need for keeping her cuffed, or administering the serum. I have a meeting with Lady Arden now, which I ought to get straight to, but I wanted to let you know you can send someone to collect the handcuffs Anna is wearing at your leisure."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu May 31, 2018 6:58 am

He frowned as she started to cry, sighing. "I'm sorry this isn't the best news, I know..." he said, clearing up the tablet again before replying

Cecilia did not reply she just continued to cry softly.

'We are still finding out more about this serum. It may not have the same effect on hedge wizards, but there do seem to be potentially long term affects associated with it for some awakened.

"Do I risk dying from it?"
The hedge wizard asked softly and pointed to that part of your writing.
"If I will die from the serum it is better for me if you where willing to set me free and take my chances and make a run for it."

I understand that you're scared and traumatized from what happened to you. I'm not doing this to torture you though it may trigger past fears. If I can find some other way I shall do so but I will not have the final decision on this alone as it will be a chantry security matter. It may be possible, but not right away or perhaps we can find a way to set your mind at ease over it somehow, with your consent.

"I do not want my mind messed with any more than it already have been Sir."
Cecilia said sobbing.
"I know youu are not doing this to hurt me, that it is not the point, I understand that but that do not really make it any easier Sir."
She mutttered softly.

I am not trying to harm you but prevent harm but as I said there are not many ways to do so for one in your predicament. It is not the best choice and I want to find a better one too. But if this is the only option that I can determine, for time is unfortunately short, do you consent to it?

"I guess it depends on what you call consent Sir, I am in a desperate situation and I do not want to die so I have no choice. If that is consent to you then yes I consent to it."
Cecilia muttered bitterly.

As for the demon and the woman, any details you are able to give would be useful in finding a way to protect us.

"The woman called herself Irma Utterway but whatever or not that is her real name, well that is rather unlikely. I think the demon is a Malfean but I am not sure."
The hedge wizard muttered between sobs.

My pater has a method to find out more about the demon which would not harm you.'

"O...ok that is ok."
She said and nodded.
"I will cooperate Sir."

[Colin] (Morningstar 5 in the afternoon)

Colin nodded, "Quite; let's drop the subject... It is altogether unpleasant."

Harmony nodded at that and Anna looked up at you for a moment and then looked down still terrified that her own Avatar would be harmed as well.

He shook his head, "No, she was caught because she came to attack us in person..."
He frowned, "She was too dangerous for us to try to hunt down, so I had to... goad her in a shameful manner. I am not proud of how I baited her, but it worked. I don't know about anyone else in the Labyrinth who have been Gilguled, we even managed to pacify Miss Carlyle and her poor, abused Avatar without killing her, or worse..."

"I guess it is a bit of a relief that I was not to blame but even so...it is horrible that happened to Cotta...and will happen to those who are captured, perhaps it was easier for her, she will not have to spend days in a cell in fear first."
The young mage said and whiped some tears from her eyes.
"How will they be treated while they are prisoners?"
She asked softly.

He smiled wryly, "I do not think Warden would have liked to return to the light, either, but perhaps her next incarnation can be persuaded. After all, Warden and Cotta had made a pact to stay together, and while I will not walk the Black Spiral like Cotta did, perhaps the little piece of her love that I inherited will be able to help bring Warden over..."

"Yes perhaps Mentor, but should you?"
Anna said and sigh.
"You are operating under the assumption that what Lady Warden was, what Cotta was, what I am, that it is wrong and that anyone like us have to be saved, perhaps Lady Warden's reincarnation should be left alone to be as she are."

He smiled wryly, "I think it's more accurate to say that vaccines are grown in egg proteins, not actually in the eggs themselves. Sort of similar to how cheese is made from milk, rather than getting cheese straight from the cow."

"I guess that makes sense Mentor...but what are proteins?"
Anna asked and she gave you a puzzeled look.

He frowned, "And yes, if all goes well, we've seen the last of that gas. Normally, unmaking something is a Fallen ideal, abhorrent to the Traditions, but in the case of Jace's gas, I'm more than willing to make an exception..."

"Well yes it certinly sound like something one would not want more of."
Harmony said and Anna nodded.
"Yeah I would not want to encounter that gas no."

He glanced at the tubing with a smile, "Hum, I do wonder if you could draw some coloured thread through there, perhaps a thin blue line at the core of the clear tube?"

Anna glanced down at the tubing and nodded.
"Yeah I think I could and that might end up really pretty."
She agreed.
"Perhaps some sewing thread."

He smiled, "Then if I don't make it back before you head home, I wish you safe travels."

"Thank you Colin, and again thank you for saving Heather."
Harmony said and smiled and Heather gave you a curtsy and waved at you before you left.

He opened the door and looked in, "Ah, hello again, Sir. Good news; the Boston Labyrinth is gone, Larson and her inner circle are captured, and Anna is secured, dispelling the need for keeping her cuffed, or administering the serum.

Joakim sat at his desk with a cup of coffee doing paperwork he looked at you when you opened the door to his office.
"That is really good news Mr Wainwright, I will havve your student released from the cuffs at once."
He said then he asked.
"How did the fight in Boston go? Was there many casualties."

I have a meeting with Lady Arden now, which I ought to get straight to, but I wanted to let you know you can send someone to collect the handcuffs Anna is wearing at your leisure."

"Ok...thank you for letting me know my good man, I will let you get to it then, and congratulations on the victory in Boston hopefully this will keep the Fallen quiet for a while."
Joakim said and nodded.

'One step off washing in a puddle.' Nicole replied, giving a sigh. 'But'll have to do. Shit... is there anything 'round here that can be used as a towel or something?' trying to remember if she'd seen anything around... along with say soap and other things...

"Well it will have to do then...I think Violet have some packs of paper napkins those might be of use."
The Verbena said. You think you had seen some somewhat clean rags in the workshop that might be of use as well.
"It should be enough to clean him up enough for a picture for some papers at least."
Thorn commented.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu May 31, 2018 7:14 am

You saw the black and white fish swimming among half a dozen of his orange friends. You saw the man's parents enjoying sunny days by the koi pond, his friends growing up, a few girls he had taken to his favorite spot in the garden. You saw visits home for holidays and vecations both his parents and the fish a little older now, moving slower. The man had been married once but the marriage had not lasted, still it was a fond memory. He had a younger brother, now a collage student that he cared for grately and there where a girl he liked working at a local phone kiosk. You saw little moments, relaxing with his favorite junk food and a show on netflix after work, going to see an anticipated film in the cinema...little moments from his life. He worked in a hobby store and ran an etsy shop and enjoyed making things with his hands. He had two pet turtles and he worried about them since he did not know how long he had been captured, he worried they where starving, he liked cheap junk food and science fiction movies and walks in the woods and he liked his parent's koi pond, the black and white fish being his favorite.

He began to show each of the memories to the man slowly one by one so that he wouldn't get overwhelmed. Each one building off the last one. Starting with the memory of the warm summer's next to the fish pond watching the orange fishes and his favorite black and white fish.

The memory slowly evolved into one with his friends sitting next to him, them talking the days away and laughing at whatever silly jokes they told each other. Than onto the next memories of the girls he had tried to woo in front of the koi pond. His younger brother who would soon graduate college and the how proud the man would be when he finally accomplished it. The girl at the kiosk, relaxing with netflix, his etsy shop, his beloved pet turtles, and his favorite black and white koi fish.

All of these memories displayed pure human emotions. The large and the small ones. Childlike fun, teenage romance, simple emotions such as joy, happiness and contentment. Serge smiled as he saw each of these fragments. The man and him shared many qualities. Making things with your hands and a love of movies. This only strengthen his resolve as Serge let each of these memories flow through the man's mind. Each one displayed an aspect of the man he may have forgotten during his capture. Often people who were captured and traumatized lose their sense of self. It was something you saw all too often in prisoners. They become dehumanized...a number in a list..a prisoner in a orange jumpsuit...a test subject in a line up....

Each memory was shown to remind the man more and more of his past life. That he held other emotions beyond anger and torment. That his life hadn't always been like this. That he was so much more than what his broken mind made him believe he was.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu May 31, 2018 9:38 am

[Serge] (Helping out at the infirmary in the attic of Steelhaven at 4 in the afternoon.)

You showed the broken man the images you found in his mind, his life, he lived a simple existence, his job, the things he made for his etsy shop, his friends, his parents and the koi pund, his turtles, the girl he fancied, a simple but fulfilling life.

By feeding the man his memories one at the time instead of overwealming him he slowly begun to accept the memories taking each one and remember that he was not just a test subject, he was a man, with a life.
"They...will be hungry...and their tank need cleaning and what if...what if their heating lamp are of or to warm..."
The man muttered in a hoarse tone of voice and in his mind you saw his turtles, tiny beings that could sit in the palm of your hand, and large as a small plate, two memories on top of one another, the babies he had bought and how the animals looked now. The man still did not know where he was or what was happening around him but he remembered his pets and his concern for their well being while he had been kept captive.

(OOC: I am going to see a genetesist today so I might not be able to post more before later in the day. I am going to find out if I am a mutant Razz Which would have been much more interesting than the actual case and finding out if I might have an genetic enzyme issue.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu May 31, 2018 10:54 am

[Morningstar, 5 PM]
Harmony nodded at that and Anna looked up at you for a moment and then looked down still terrified that her own Avatar would be harmed as well.
Colin smiled and ruffled Anna's hair, "Don't worry, Sweetie, I'm not letting anyone hurt your dragon."

"I guess it is a bit of a relief that I was not to blame but even so...it is horrible that happened to Cotta...and will happen to those who are captured, perhaps it was easier for her, she will not have to spend days in a cell in fear first."
The young mage said and whiped some tears from her eyes.
"How will they be treated while they are prisoners?"
She asked softly.
He frowned, "That... depends a lot on who ends up guarding them, and who is set to interrogate them. If it were up to me, they'd be well treated, but... I can't promise that's going to happen."

"Yes perhaps Mentor, but should you?"
Anna said and sigh.
"You are operating under the assumption that what Lady Warden was, what Cotta was, what I am, that it is wrong and that anyone like us have to be saved, perhaps Lady Warden's reincarnation should be left alone to be as she are."
He nodded, "That's a good question. But I can't rightly give up on her sight unseen, either... I'd have to find her reincarnation to see which bond is stronger - that to Cotta, or that to the Black spiral."

"I guess that makes sense Mentor...but what are proteins?"
Anna asked and she gave you a puzzeled look.
He paused, "Proteins are important building blocks of life - if i recall correctly, it's what's used to make cells in your body. And there are all sorts of different proteins from different sources. And some proteins are better for some purposes than others - like egg proteins for manufacturing vaccines."
He smiled wryly, "I guess we'll have to break out the biology textbooks at some point."

Anna glanced down at the tubing and nodded.
"Yeah I think I could and that might end up really pretty."
She agreed.
"Perhaps some sewing thread."
He nodded, "Perhaps we could work out a simple rote for that, given time - a simple spell to pull one thing through another?"

"Thank you Colin, and again thank you for saving Heather."
Harmony said and smiled and Heather gave you a curtsy and waved at you before you left.
He smiled, "Regardless of reward, I could have done no less. Not while I had the means to help."

Joakim sat at his desk with a cup of coffee doing paperwork he looked at you when you opened the door to his office.
"That is really good news Mr Wainwright, I will havve your student released from the cuffs at once."
He said then he asked.
"How did the fight in Boston go? Was there many casualties."
He nodded, "Some... a few fatalities... there was some sort of horrid thing that came out of the Caul to defend it - it... caught people by surprise."

"Ok...thank you for letting me know my good man, I will let you get to it then, and congratulations on the victory in Boston hopefully this will keep the Fallen quiet for a while."
Joakim said and nodded.
He nodded, "Things should settle down a little, though there were a few escapees, and we know of a few pawns that might still decide to cause problems unless we can pluck them out..."
He sighed, "But, I'm sure that problem can wait until tomorrow... I'll see you later, I expect, likely over dinner at Steelhaven?"

He bowed politely and closed the door again, and headed over to Philippa's door, knocking lightly.

((OOG: Good luck with your mutations. Try to avoid growing out a third eye in an impractical location. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu May 31, 2018 4:10 pm

Anja's Post:

Nicole nodded to this, began gathering up what cleaning materials she could. Then went over to find Violet, to collect those napkins and - if she had one - a hairbrush. As she travelled around the shop, seeing if she could locate any clean-ish, well-lit walls to serve as a backdrop for Mr Shade's photo. After placing the meagre collection of cleaning items on the desk outside the bathroom, went back to the office to talk to their captive-rescuee...

[Sorta anxious to get this thread moving again, feel it's stalled a bit in the little details...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu May 31, 2018 6:40 pm

He sighed, got up and got her a glass of water and something to wipe her face with if she allowed him before answering her. He was feeling like a grade A asshole by this point and shot his pater a look that said he did not want to do this. Then he sat down to write his reply: 'I don't know for sure how it affects hedge wizards. There seems to be some bad outcomes later for awakened. But if I take you on and set you free, then there is very little chance for you to survive. I am sorry but given the circumstances it is the terrible truth. What I can say is that I will try to find some other way to constrain your magick but I will need time to do that. Let me try to figure something out in either case, perhaps I can find a loophole or perhaps I can find something better than the serum. I will not do anything to your mind or have anything done unless there is some emergency reason, like you are going to die from someone attacking you or someone has poisoned you in some way. But if you do not wish to have your memories dealt with by magick then I will not go against that. I think that we all need a rest it's been a terrifying day but I need to make some decision before then or it will be too late. i know it is not much of a choice but I did not want you to wake up with all of this done with nothing you could say about it.'

After he showed her that he added something for his pater to read" 'I can't keep giving her the serum with her this traumatized, it's cruel to subject someone to that every day. I will need some other way to constrain her magick, either something like the collar that my amicus talked about or some other enchantment like the cuffs. Also I think you should ask her everything that you need to know and get her statement before she disappears in some way - either out of fear if she runs or other reasons. For I have terrified her and do not know if I can console her fears.'

// Well if Xmen won't take newcomers, Xforce is probably hiring again ; )

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu May 31, 2018 7:04 pm

You showed the broken man the images you found in his mind, his life, he lived a simple existence, his job, the things he made for his etsy shop, his friends, his parents and the koi pund, his turtles, the girl he fancied, a simple but fulfilling life.

By feeding the man his memories one at the time instead of overwealming him he slowly begun to accept the memories taking each one and remember that he was not just a test subject, he was a man, with a life.
"They...will be hungry...and their tank need cleaning and what if...what if their heating lamp are off or to warm..."
The man muttered in a hoarse tone of voice and in his mind you saw his turtles, tiny beings that could sit in the palm of your hand, and large as a small plate, two memories on top of one another, the babies he had bought and how the animals looked now. The man still did not know where he was or what was happening around him but he remembered his pets and his concern for their well being while he had been kept captive.

"We'll look into it." Serge said softly, hoping this time that his voice would register to the man. "But damn! Those turtles are big! I'm sure their just chilling in their tank waiting for your return. And you'll return to them soon...once we heal your injuries."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu May 31, 2018 7:12 pm

Nicole nodded to this, began gathering up what cleaning materials she could. Then went over to find Violet, to collect those napkins and - if she had one - a hairbrush. As she travelled around the shop, seeing if she could locate any clean-ish, well-lit walls to serve as a backdrop for Mr Shade's photo. After placing the meagre collection of cleaning items on the desk outside the bathroom, went back to the office to talk to their captive-rescuee...

You found some cleanish cloth in the work shop. You talk with Violet the young Verbena had a hair brush on her, a somewhat odd one with soft plastic bristles, she also gave you some wet wipes. There where no clean walls though, not even semi clean this place had not been washed down in a long time. You got back to the back room where the Technocrat was still sitting on the floor though he looked a little better than he had earlier.
"Did you get what we need Miss?"
Thorn asked.

(OOC: I actually think the details are the strength of the game, little details to me make the gaming world feel real, and the story are progressing but at times there is a bit more detail work rather than doing big dramatic things.)

Colin smiled and ruffled Anna's hair, "Don't worry, Sweetie, I'm not letting anyone hurt your dragon."

Anna smiled a little at that.
"Thank you Mentor that is a relief...wait...how do you know I see my Avatar as a big, fat, lazy blue dragon?"
She asked and she cocked her head to the side sounding confused.

He frowned, "That... depends a lot on who ends up guarding them, and who is set to interrogate them. If it were up to me, they'd be well treated, but... I can't promise that's going to happen."

Anna nodded at that and she looked sad.
"I guess that is why my trial will be so scary as well, there are those who will not treat prisoners well...ehm they will not be treated as badly as Gabriel did will they?"
She asked sounding concerned.

He nodded, "That's a good question. But I can't rightly give up on her sight unseen, either... I'd have to find her reincarnation to see which bond is stronger - that to Cotta, or that to the Black spiral."

"I am not sure the bond to Cotta would help much if there is only a tiny sliver of her left then you are not her, I doubt then she would feel the same bond to you."
Anna said practically.

He paused, "Proteins are important building blocks of life - if i recall correctly, it's what's used to make cells in your body. And there are all sorts of different proteins from different sources. And some proteins are better for some purposes than others - like egg proteins for manufacturing vaccines."
He smiled wryly, "I guess we'll have to break out the biology textbooks at some point."

"But Gabriel said that human bodies are made from the parent's will and intent to manifest a child and then brought into beeing by their joining Quintessence during sex."
Anna protested.
"Well reading a biology book might be fun."

He nodded, "Perhaps we could work out a simple rote for that, given time - a simple spell to pull one thing through another?"

The young mage considered.
"Well actually pulling it trhough, like with telikinesis I would have no idea how to do, but making a rote that would guide a thread to the perfect target that I could do, a bit of work will get a thing thread through the tube just by threading it as well though."

He smiled, "Regardless of reward, I could have done no less. Not while I had the means to help."

"Thank you, I am very grateful."
Harmony said and she kissed Heather again.

He nodded, "Some... a few fatalities... there was some sort of horrid thing that came out of the Caul to defend it - it... caught people by surprise."

"I guess that was to be expected that there would be death...but expected or not it is tragic, those who died are heroes in the cause of thee Traditions though and we will honor their sacrifice."
Joakim said and nodded solemnly.

He sighed, "But, I'm sure that problem can wait until tomorrow... I'll see you later, I expect, likely over dinner at Steelhaven?"

"Ah yes I look forward to it..."
Joakim said and smiled.
"Ah Mr Wainwright could you do me a favor, my earth elemental friends contacted me with a message for Mr Roth Hicks, I was going to send a Mercere to deliver it to him, but could I bother you to do so instead?"
The hedge wizard said and he found a small envelope from one of the drawers of his desk and walked over to you and handed it to you.

He bowed politely and closed the door again, and headed over to Philippa's door, knocking lightly.

You heard little feet running towards the door and you saw young Heylel and their sister Elisabeth stood there, they had just learned to walk and open door and the two children looked at you. Elisabeth reached for your hand to drag you into the room.
"Come come mommy have cake!"
She anounced happily. Heylel though where shyer and hid behind his sister. Philippa came running she wiped her hands on her skirts.
"Children do not bother Mr Wainwright."
The old Verbena said then she smiled to you.
"Please come in Mr Wainwright, the tea is ready."

He sighed, got up and got her a glass of water and something to wipe her face with if she allowed him before answering her. He was feeling like a grade A asshole by this point and shot his pater a look that said he did not want to do this. Then he sat down to write his reply:

"Thank you Sir."
Cecilia muttered as you handed her a glass of water and a paper tovel, she took a sip of the water she wiped her tears but fresh ones quickly took their place as she continued sobbing. Jeffry gave you an apologetic look, he hated having to put you in this situation but to save the woman's life there where not much choice.

'I don't know for sure how it affects hedge wizards. There seems to be some bad outcomes later for awakened. But if I take you on and set you free, then there is very little chance for you to survive. I am sorry but given the circumstances it is the terrible truth. What I can say is that I will try to find some other way to constrain your magick but I will need time to do that.

"So...running is not an option, my only option to stay alive is that serum...I...but you do not understand what he did to me, the Prelatus, again and again I do not want to...experience...such thing again and I...I..."
The hedge wizard continued sobbing as she read what you had written.
"Who is it that will come after me? The Italian?"

Let me try to figure something out in either case, perhaps I can find a loophole or perhaps I can find something better than the serum.

"I have no choice if I die my master comes for my soul and then all I am will be gone."
She muttered fearfully.
"But thank you Sir many would not even try to find something better you are kind."
Cecilia said and she smiled slightly.

I will not do anything to your mind or have anything done unless there is some emergency reason, like you are going to die from someone attacking you or someone has poisoned you in some way. But if you do not wish to have your memories dealt with by magick then I will not go against that. I think that we all need a rest it's been a terrifying day but I need to make some decision before then or it will be too late. i know it is not much of a choice but I did not want you to wake up with all of this done with nothing you could say about it.'

"I do appriciate being asked Sir I have not been given many choices since I joined the Nephandi. No I do not want my mind messed with I want to stay me and just ripping out memories, even bad ones remove a part of who I am, if I am to deal with what happened I will have to do so on my own."
Cecilia said and she continued to cry softly.

After he showed her that he added something for his pater to read" 'I can't keep giving her the serum with her this traumatized, it's cruel to subject someone to that every day. I will need some other way to constrain her magick, either something like the collar that my amicus talked about or some other enchantment like the cuffs. Also I think you should ask her everything that you need to know and get her statement before she disappears in some way - either out of fear if she runs or other reasons. For I have terrified her and do not know if I can console her fears.'

Jeffry read what you had written and pulled out a notebook and quickly wrote down a note for you.
"Such a collar takes a long time to make and are quite complicated, I did not want to insist on the serum for a twelve year old child, but there where little other choice, luckily Mr W have managed to find such a collar and have borrowed it for his new apprentice. Cuffs are not very secure, if one is willing to endure pain getting out of a pair of them are not that hard and it would require her being constantly watched. I agree giving her the serum is...cruel but it might be neccesary. Ok let me try one thing to find a better solution if you could send Miss Day in to see me I will see how well my magick can hold hers, if it can safely hold her powers, it can hold just about any hedge wizard after all while the good woman do not speak about it, in terms of linear magi she is an archmage. If I can make a reliable long term spell to hold a hedge wizard's powers that I can renew at regular interwalls we can do that, if this proves difficult we have no choice but to use the serum. I will talk with her though, perhaps you can find Miss day and then talk with Mr Darehill while I do so."
Jeffry wrote before he handed the note to you he gave Cecilia a concerned look though.

"We'll look into it." Serge said softly, hoping this time that his voice would register to the man. "But damn! Those turtles are big! I'm sure their just chilling in their tank waiting for your return. And you'll return to them soon...once we heal your injuries."

"They are fully grown now...I was going to buy them a new tank for Christmas, I have allmost saved up enough...one with more dry areas, a cold and one hot dry area and improved water pumps."
The man whispered his eyes still did not focus.
"They are so sweet, will eat out of your hand and enjoy having their heads gently petted..."

(OOC: All went well today and while I might not be X-Men worhty the genetecist had a working theory of what might be wrong so we are a little closer to a solution, but even if that should become a dead end I felt that she listened to mee and took my problem seriously, which is a very nice thing.)

(OOC 2: Sorry for the late reply it was just to hot to sit down and type.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu May 31, 2018 7:34 pm

Anja's Post:

'Just about... I think.' Nicole replied to the Technocrat. 'Kinda having to make do with what can be found. How are you feeling?'

[Oh, I agree with that; some of the best RP'ing I've ever had has been 'non-quest' things, such as fluff threads and tangents. But like a hiker, however nice the current view is, sooner or later I wonder what's beyond the hill... *smiles*]

[Sounds like a good result with the geneticist!]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu May 31, 2018 8:13 pm

"So...running is not an option, my only option to stay alive is that serum...I...but you do not understand what he did to me, the Prelatus, again and again I do not want to...experience...such thing again and I...I..."
The hedge wizard continued sobbing as she read what you had written.
"Who is it that will come after me? The Italian?"

'You are right I do not understand what he did, I only know that it was horrible and I do not wish to put you into some sense of perpetuating that torture. Some things need to be treated carefully, regarding the latter. I would ask you to answer some questions and make a statement to my pater regarding them and otherwise be mindful of voicing things loud elsewhere, please.'

"I have no choice if I die my master comes for my soul and then all I am will be gone."
She muttered fearfully.
"But thank you Sir many would not even try to find something better you are kind."
Cecilia said and she smiled slightly.

He didn't look as if he felt very kind, looking at what he was being asked to enforce and under the circumstances that surrounded them.

"I do appriciate being asked Sir I have not been given many choices since I joined the Nephandi. No I do not want my mind messed with I want to stay me and just ripping out memories, even bad ones remove a part of who I am, if I am to deal with what happened I will have to do so on my own."
Cecilia said and she continued to cry softly.

"We can discuss treatments for you that you agree to, and if that is what you wish then perhaps we can find resources for you to do that."

"Such a collar takes a long time to make and are quite complicated, I did not want to insist on the serum for a twelve year old child, but there where little other choice, luckily Mr W have managed to find such a collar and have borrowed it for his new apprentice. Cuffs are not very secure, if one is willing to endure pain getting out of a pair of them are not that hard and it would require her being constantly watched. I agree giving her the serum is...cruel but it might be neccesary. Ok let me try one thing to find a better solution if you could send Miss Day in to see me I will see how well my magick can hold hers, if it can safely hold her powers, it can hold just about any hedge wizard after all while the good woman do not speak about it, in terms of linear magi she is an archmage. If I can make a reliable long term spell to hold a hedge wizard's powers that I can renew at regular interwalls we can do that, if this proves difficult we have no choice but to use the serum. I will talk with her though, perhaps you can find Miss day and then talk with Mr Darehill while I do so."

He frowned at what he read then gave a stubborn huff at something. He perked an eyebrow at seeing the power of Miss Day - he hadn't known that and realised now that when she got hit she must have restrained herself or a certain Hagalaz would currently be a smear under her boot. He wrote out his reply onto the tablet, erasing old memo as he went along: 'Sir, with due respect if this proves 'difficult' what you are asking is for me to perpetuate torture on a slave for the duration of her life via retriggering her traumatic experiences. I cannot in any sort of good conscience do that and it would only cement the prospect that my amicus wishes to avoid. Additionally, it makes me a torturer instead of certain others and will likely have a long term effect on her mental and physical state. We must find another way, sir. Sometimes cruelty is necessary but I do not believe this is one of those times. She is an infernalist and that is decidedly not good but she has been tortured most of her life since then. If you heard about this happening to someone at another chantry, what would you think and do? So, you wish me to find the hedge witch then go talk to the Cultist about...repercussions of fate, is that correct? You shall take the statement from her and return her to be watched over and I will meet you back here to talk to the Primus?'

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu May 31, 2018 8:46 pm

[Morningstar, 5 PM]
Anna smiled a little at that.
"Thank you Mentor that is a relief...wait...how do you know I see my Avatar as a big, fat, lazy blue dragon?"
She asked and she cocked her head to the side sounding confused.
Colin grinned, "I told you - you already described it to me in the future."

Anna nodded at that and she looked sad.
"I guess that is why my trial will be so scary as well, there are those who will not treat prisoners well...ehm they will not be treated as badly as Gabriel did will they?"
She asked sounding concerned.
He shook his head, "No, Gabriel's... treatment was quite far beyond what would be deemed legal, I think. The ones who would want to try something cruel against you... would be wise not to; I'm fairly certain I could secure some pretty harsh punishment against anyone guilty of attempting to violate your safety and well-being."

"I am not sure the bond to Cotta would help much if there is only a tiny sliver of her left then you are not her, I doubt then she would feel the same bond to you."
Anna said practically.
He nodded, "And you are probably right. Then again, the shard I picked up is essentially Cotta's love for Warden - so if any piece were to retain that connection, this is it. In any case, it is a moot question until and unless our paths cross again."

"But Gabriel said that human bodies are made from the parent's will and intent to manifest a child and then brought into beeing by their joining Quintessence during sex."
Anna protested.
"Well reading a biology book might be fun."
He smiled wryly, "Well, Gabriel was not wrong, as such - but making a whole person is not even remotely the same as how that person's cells build and repair themselves. Sort of like the difference between drawing a picture, which requires will and skill, and drawing a line, which is essentially requires a pen or pencil and a bit of paper. It's a question of scope and scale."

The young mage considered.
"Well actually pulling it trhough, like with telikinesis I would have no idea how to do, but making a rote that would guide a thread to the perfect target that I could do, a bit of work will get a thing thread through the tube just by threading it as well though."
He nodded, "We'll have to work on that one, then, after we're settled in at home."

"I guess that was to be expected that there would be death...but expected or not it is tragic, those who died are heroes in the cause of thee Traditions though and we will honor their sacrifice."
Joakim said and nodded solemnly.
He nodded, "They will be mourned, yes. I will make a memorial for those who have been lost to the war in Boston, but that will take a bit of time. Still, today is a day of victory. And considering the stakes of today's battles, an almost unprecedented one - we literally saved the world."

"Ah yes I look forward to it..."
Joakim said and smiled.
"Ah Mr Wainwright could you do me a favor, my earth elemental friends contacted me with a message for Mr Roth Hicks, I was going to send a Mercere to deliver it to him, but could I bother you to do so instead?"
The hedge wizard said and he found a small envelope from one of the drawers of his desk and walked over to you and handed it to you.
He arched an eyebrow and accepted the envelope with a nod, carefully slipping it into his inner pocket, "I would be glad to help. Er, not that I would presume to pry on the contents of the message, but can you tell me what it concerns? Or is it of a more private nature?"

You heard little feet running towards the door and you saw young Heylel and their sister Elisabeth stood there, they had just learned to walk and open door and the two children looked at you. Elisabeth reached for your hand to drag you into the room.
"Come come mommy have cake!"
She anounced happily. Heylel though where shyer and hid behind his sister. Philippa came running she wiped her hands on her skirts.
"Children do not bother Mr Wainwright."
The old Verbena said then she smiled to you.
"Please come in Mr Wainwright, the tea is ready."
He smiled at the kids as he was shepherded into the room, "Of course, children. I..."
He looked at little Heylel, voice softened, "...Hello, Heylel... I recognized you earlier, did you know?"
He smiled to Philippa, "No bother, really - they're just quite insistent that there is cake."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu May 31, 2018 8:52 pm

'You are right I do not understand what he did, I only know that it was horrible and I do not wish to put you into some sense of perpetuating that torture. Some things need to be treated carefully, regarding the latter. I would ask you to answer some questions and make a statement to my pater regarding them and otherwise be mindful of voicing things loud elsewhere, please.'

"I am just not very good with...medical stuff after the experiments the Prelatus did to me."
Cecilia said and she got a haunted look in her eyes.
"He used the serum on me to at times when he thought his experiments would hurt so badly that the threat of punishment would not be enough to keep me from resisting."
She added softly and for a while she was quiet before she nodded.
"I will answer any questions you wish Sir and I can avoid talking about the Italians other than replying to those questions."

"We can discuss treatments for you that you agree to, and if that is what you wish then perhaps we can find resources for you to do that."

"I...would like that Sir...I would like to be able to sleep...without nightmares at some point...if that is even possible for me anymore."
Cecilia said and looked down again.

He frowned at what he read then gave a stubborn huff at something. He perked an eyebrow at seeing the power of Miss Day - he hadn't known that and realised now that when she got hit she must have restrained herself or a certain Hagalaz would currently be a smear under her boot. He wrote out his reply onto the tablet, erasing old memo as he went along: 'Sir, with due respect if this proves 'difficult' what you are asking is for me to perpetuate torture on a slave for the duration of her life via retriggering her traumatic experiences. I cannot in any sort of good conscience do that and it would only cement the prospect that my amicus wishes to avoid. Additionally, it makes me a torturer instead of certain others and will likely have a long term effect on her mental and physical state. We must find another way, sir. Sometimes cruelty is necessary but I do not believe this is one of those times.

Jeffry read what you had written and sigh, she replied in writing himself handing you a note while he read the rest of what you had written.
"I will not force you to do anything mea filius but unless another way to restrain the woman's powers are found, the alternative is to let an infernalist hedge wizard of unknown power roam the halls of this Chantry free to use said power as she wish, or send her running to an allmost certain horrible end. The situation are complicated and I pray some other solution is found we have to choose between the safety of this Chantry and yes torturing her, let us call it was it is, that serum is bad enough in itself but with her trauma...however I see very few other solutions at the moment unless I am able to reliably restrain her powers using my own magick."

She is an infernalist and that is decidedly not good but she has been tortured most of her life since then. If you heard about this happening to someone at another chantry, what would you think and do?

You Mentor looked at Cecilia and then he looked down he was known to have once been sentenced to Cencure for breaking into another chantry and setting free two hedge wizards held under horrible conditions as indentured servants. He wrote nothing he just looked at you the situation made him shameful and he looked at Cecilia again.

So, you wish me to find the hedge witch then go talk to the Cultist about...repercussions of fate, is that correct? You shall take the statement from her and return her to be watched over and I will meet you back here to talk to the Primus?'

To this Jeffry wrote another reply on a piece of paper and handed it to you.
"Yes go and find Miss Day and tell her I request her aid in this matter, as for the Cultist I am not sure if Mr Darehill know that much about fate he might be able to give you and a few others who badly need it a good night sleep in a few minutes...ah you should speak with Master Nassa about that as well. As for the rest that is correct yes."
The note said.

Just about... I think.' Nicole replied to the Technocrat. 'Kinda having to make do with what can be found. How are you feeling?'

"Yeah that can't be helped, the situation is not ideal, but we have to do as best we can."
Thorn said.
"Perhaps I should take our friend here to get him cleaned up, after all he might feel it less akward if I do so than if a woman do."
He offered then he shrugged.
"Physically I have lost some blood but it is not to bad...mentally...let us just say I am getting drunk tonight, very drunk."

(OOC: It was quite productive indeed.)
(OOC 2: Sorry Warp I need a break before I reply to another long post. I like long posts but it is just sooooooo hot.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu May 31, 2018 9:08 pm

'Was thinking if he's up for it, Mr Shade should clean up himself.' Nicole replied. 'Think he might be sick of others taking everything out of his control. I would be.'

[Question was actually meant for Mr Shade, but nevermind!]

[Tell ya what. I'll trade your +5 temperature for my +40% humidity.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu May 31, 2018 9:10 pm

"I am just not very good with...medical stuff after the experiments the Prelatus did to me." Cecilia said and she got a haunted look in her eyes.
"He used the serum on me to at times when he thought his experiments would hurt so badly that the threat of punishment would not be enough to keep me from resisting."
She added softly and for a while she was quiet before she nodded. "I will answer any questions you wish Sir and I can avoid talking about the Italians other than replying to those questions."

He nodded and wrote: 'At least for now, we need to step carefully to be sure.' He also nodded at her comments about finding mental assistance.

"I will not force you to do anything mea filius but unless another way to restrain the woman's powers are found, the alternative is to let an infernalist hedge wizard of unknown power roam the halls of this Chantry free to use said power as she wish, or send her running to an allmost certain horrible end. The situation are complicated and I pray some other solution is found we have to choose between the safety of this Chantry and yes torturing her, let us call it was it is, that serum is bad enough in itself but with her trauma...however I see very few other solutions at the moment unless I am able to reliably restrain her powers using my own magick."

'If I sign off as her owner, the Council could force me to take their action to protect the chantry up to and including an ultimatum regarding that serum, if I understand correctly. Which means I would have my hands tied and a choice between leaving the chantry with her, or using that stuff if that was what you and they saw to be the fittest measure, in order not to break your word or my amicus's request and also prevent her torture. If I left the chantry with her, then it is likely that we would be extremely vulnerable not to mention I do not want to leave nor have resources to do so and we would lose an important protector of the chantry in doing so. There are also long term side effects that we do not understand but it was possible to turn the avatar eviction stuff from gas to liquid, perhaps we can turn this serum into something that can be administered in another way. But I would need help with that for I do not understand this stuff well. I do hope that your abilities can work sir, perhaps you can make a lasting talisman in time. I can pay you back, though it may take a while. Not to mention, that if this goes through in any form that it currently stands in, then this demon is going to have to get added to my very long term list of shit to deal with...'

"Yes go and find Miss Day and tell her I request her aid in this matter, as for the Cultist I am not sure if Mr Darehill know that much about fate he might be able to give you and a few others who badly need it a good night sleep in a few minutes...ah you should speak with Master Nassa about that as well. As for the rest that is correct yes."
The note said.

'Sleep -I forgot about that. I have to do a few more things before then: talk to the Verbena, shower, eat and check on someone - but I can start the arrangement with him now. What time should I request this to happen? Half an hour? Is there time for sleep before this decision regarding her must be finalized?'

To Cecelia, aloud he said, "Please answer the questions and follow the instructions of my pater. I will go my best to find alternative options and have a few things to take care of, but if there is anything else you wish to say before I must go, then now would be the time, miss."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu May 31, 2018 9:20 pm

"They are fully grown now...I was going to buy them a new tank for Christmas, I have allmost saved up enough...one with more dry areas, a cold and one hot dry area and improved water pumps."
The man whispered his eyes still did not focus.
"They are so sweet, will eat out of your hand and enjoy having their heads gently petted..."

"Turtles are pretty boss aren't they. And it sounds like you truly care about them." Serge said with a smile, glad to be making a little progress with him. "Good old turtles, taking things slow and steady. They take the time to look at the world around them. To enjoy it's many wonders and excitements."

"Do they have names?" Serge asked gently.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:49 am

'Was thinking if he's up for it, Mr Shade should clean up himself.' Nicole replied. 'Think he might be sick of others taking everything out of his control. I would be.'

"Ah yes off course Miss you are absolutely right."
Thorn said. You noticed the Technocrat looked at you for a moment then a warm smile spread on his lips.
"Yes...I am tired of that Miss."
He agreed as he slowly stood up, which as not that easy with bound hands but he managed to get to his feet.
"I would like to clean myself up."
He said and nodded.
"I would like to get myself back."

He nodded and wrote: 'At least for now, we need to step carefully to be sure.' He also nodded at her comments about finding mental assistance.

Cecilia looked at you.
"I do not completely undeerstand Sir but I will follow your lead on this."

'If I sign off as her owner, the Council could force me to take their action to protect the chantry up to and including an ultimatum regarding that serum, if I understand correctly. Which means I would have my hands tied and a choice between leaving the chantry with her, or using that stuff if that was what you and they saw to be the fittest measure, in order not to break your word or my amicus's request and also prevent her torture. If I left the chantry with her, then it is likely that we would be extremely vulnerable not to mention I do not want to leave nor have resources to do so and we would lose an important protector of the chantry in doing so.

Jeffry read what you had written and sigh. He jotted down a note and handed you while pointing to your tablet to show what part of your text he was replying to.
"I would not want you to leave the Chantry and especially not now. But yes if yu take Cecilia as an indetured servant your choices might come down to following the Deacon Council decicions as to how to secure her which is likely to include the serum if some other way to control her powers are not found, leaving the Chantry with her or letting her go and tossing her out. Which is not a good situation to be in."
He confirmed and sigh.

There are also long term side effects that we do not understand but it was possible to turn the avatar eviction stuff from gas to liquid, perhaps we can turn this serum into something that can be administered in another way. But I would need help with that for I do not understand this stuff well.

"This you can try to discuss with Mr Von Hess or Master Haagen to see if doing that will be possible."
Your Mentor wrote and pointed to the other part of your text.

I do hope that your abilities can work sir, perhaps you can make a lasting talisman in time. I can pay you back, though it may take a while. Not to mention, that if this goes through in any form that it currently stands in, then this demon is going to have to get added to my very long term list of shit to deal with...'

Your Mentor shook his head and wrote another note.
"I have set you in this situation so I will cover any cost, and if I can find a way not to hurt Miss Sinclair I will do so. I might seam hard to you being willing to do qite horrible things to keep this Chantry safe, but if I can do so and not cause suffering I would rather take that path. As for the demon if it is what she claims it is then I am sorry to say but it would swat you aside as an anoying fly mea filius, if it comes looking for it's slave, which is unlikely as these things are bound in their realm, then I would be the one dealing with it, I stand a chance at repelling it...maybe. More likely though it is her soul this being is after it is likely to care little about this physical world as such and will be content to wait for Miss Sinclair to die to claim his prize and if we break its hold on her that will likely anger it but likely not enough for it to get to manifested reality for revenge. but there is always a chance I am wrong and it will decide to act or send other Invested for revenge."

Sleep -I forgot about that. I have to do a few more things before then: talk to the Verbena, shower, eat and check on someone - but I can start the arrangement with him now. What time should I request this to happen? Half an hour? Is there time for sleep before this decision regarding her must be finalized?'

Your Mentor wrote another note and handed you.
"Half an hour seams about right. Yes I doubt the SQ will come looking for Miss Sinclair for some time so there should be time for sleep before a decicion is taken."
He wrote and handed you this note as well.

To Cecelia, aloud he said, "Please answer the questions and follow the instructions of my pater. I will go my best to find alternative options and have a few things to take care of, but if there is anything else you wish to say before I must go, then now would be the time, miss."

Cecilia looked up she was still sobbing but she nodded.
"I will reply to all questions Sir, if I am at all able to. No I do not have anything else to say Sir but thank you for trying to find other solutions, that is more than...I am used to most in the Labyrinth care little for the suffering of a pawn."
She said and she forced a small smile.

"Turtles are pretty boss aren't they. And it sounds like you truly care about them." Serge said with a smile, glad to be making a little progress with him. "Good old turtles, taking things slow and steady. They take the time to look at the world around them. To enjoy it's many wonders and excitements."

"They are slow...on land and fast in water, I think the wonder of life to them are a warm place to sun themselves and food though...beautiful...they are simple and loving and beautiful."
The man muttered slowly his voice was slurred and his eyes uncofused but at least he was talking.

"Do they have names?" Serge asked gently.

The man nodded slowly.
"They are swamp turtels so I named them Liliana and Lim-Dûl."
He muttered.

Colin grinned, "I told you - you already described it to me in the future."

"I was sent with a team to try to recruit a Master Cultist once, she spoke like you do Mentor...then she handed us our own asses and sent us on our way."
Anna said and frowned but Heather and Harmony grinned.

He shook his head, "No, Gabriel's... treatment was quite far beyond what would be deemed legal, I think. The ones who would want to try something cruel against you... would be wise not to; I'm fairly certain I could secure some pretty harsh punishment against anyone guilty of attempting to violate your safety and well-being."

Anna seamed to calm down a little at that.
"Will the trials, mine and theirs happen at Horizon Mentor?"
She asked softly.

He nodded, "And you are probably right. Then again, the shard I picked up is essentially Cotta's love for Warden - so if any piece were to retain that connection, this is it. In any case, it is a moot question until and unless our paths cross again."

"I guess it is no point in discussing it until it becomes an issue Mentor I am just...well I do not think being Fallen is wrong. I understand that my chance at being left alive and complete rests with cleansing myself or trying to, so I will work for that, but I do not think what I am is wrong, and not was Lady Warden is either."
The young Nephanda said and pouted.

He smiled wryly, "Well, Gabriel was not wrong, as such - but making a whole person is not even remotely the same as how that person's cells build and repair themselves. Sort of like the difference between drawing a picture, which requires will and skill, and drawing a line, which is essentially requires a pen or pencil and a bit of paper. It's a question of scope and scale."

"I understand that Mentor, but is not all of this, calls and all of it part of the Technocratic Paradigm before they where discovered the body where made of elements, or Chi or I don't know pixie dust depending on where in the world you asked."
Anna said.

He nodded, "We'll have to work on that one, then, after we're settled in at home."

"That would probably be allot of fun Sir."
The young mage said and grinned.
"I would love to design a rote with you."

He nodded, "They will be mourned, yes. I will make a memorial for those who have been lost to the war in Boston, but that will take a bit of time. Still, today is a day of victory. And considering the stakes of today's battles, an almost unprecedented one - we literally saved the world."

Joakim smiled a little sadly.
"My Mentor, the first one told me that in victory there is always place for both celebration and mouring the fallen, after all if all we do is mourn then we cheapen the victory they give their lives for so we should celebrate and raise our cups in their names."
The hedgewizard said and he smiled fondly for a moment.
"We will both honor the dead and celebrate. And yes, the plot the Nephandi where cooking up could have destroyed the world so yes our efforts these last few days saved it, and those we lost in the struggle should be honored as heroes so gave their lives to protect us all."

He arched an eyebrow and accepted the envelope with a nod, carefully slipping it into his inner pocket, "I would be glad to help. Er, not that I would presume to pry on the contents of the message, but can you tell me what it concerns? Or is it of a more private nature?"

"Thank you Mr Wainwright. It is hard to answer your question though, I can not really say I understand the message my friends asked me to give him, I suspect they speak in symbolism few but the intended recipient would understand my guess is that the message is meant for your Cabalmate though and him alone."
Joakim said and he looked a little puzeled and scratched his head.

He smiled at the kids as he was shepherded into the room, "Of course, children. I..."
He looked at little Heylel, voice softened, "...Hello, Heylel... I recognized you earlier, did you know?"

Heylel looked at you though he was still hiding behind their sister.
"I recognize you to...you are Mia."
They muttered, sky blue eyes meeting yours. Luckily Elisabeth where to busy talking about cake to hear what her sibling just said.
"It is a strawberry roll...with cream and everything, do you like strawberries?"
The little girl said as she tugged on your hand.

He smiled to Philippa, "No bother, really - they're just quite insistent that there is cake."

Philippa smiled a little and looked at her children.
"Yes I told him we would have a guest and they could not have any of the cake until you got here."
She said.
"But they can get a bit over eager, especially Elisabeth...how children come here and let Mr Wainwright come in."
She said and the children ran over to their mother.
"If you would come this way Mr Wainwright I have set uup in the living room."
She said and she indicated for you to follow her into her oldfashioned but clean and tastfully furnished apartment, the entrance area having a stand for coats, a large old mirror and a fine old dresser, cream white walls and a brown and white woven rug on the floor as well as a rack for shoes which was full of children's footwear.

(OOC: Sorry for taking so long I only intended to have a little rest and I fell asleep on the sofa and slept until morning. It was so hot yesterday and also while my visit with the geneticist was positive and nice I was very stressed about going back to the hospital I had that traumatic experience in last year and also the bio chemistry department of a hospital is not the most relaxing place for me to find myself in.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:28 am

[Morningstar, 5 PM]
"I was sent with a team to try to recruit a Master Cultist once, she spoke like you do Mentor...then she handed us our own asses and sent us on our way."
Anna said and frowned but Heather and Harmony grinned.
Colin grinned, "Well, good for her. And I think you'll make a good Chronomancer, yourself. You'll get to the point where grammar breaks down soon enough..."

Anna seamed to calm down a little at that.
"Will the trials, mine and theirs happen at Horizon Mentor?"
She asked softly.
He nodded, "And for that time, you will have to be confined to a magic-suppressing cell for most of the time outside of the actual trial. Those cells are... less horrible than they might sound, actually, so long as you aren't forced to stay there for too long at a stretch."

"I guess it is no point in discussing it until it becomes an issue Mentor I am just...well I do not think being Fallen is wrong. I understand that my chance at being left alive and complete rests with cleansing myself or trying to, so I will work for that, but I do not think what I am is wrong, and not was Lady Warden is either."
The young Nephanda said and pouted.
He smiled wryly, "No, I suppose you wouldn't think there was anything wrong with it... but the Fallen try to recruit Traditionalists to invert their Avatars - and Traditionalists would be just as adamant that there is indeed nothing wrong with having an Avatar that is not broken up and twisted around."

"I understand that Mentor, but is not all of this, calls and all of it part of the Technocratic Paradigm before they where discovered the body where made of elements, or Chi or I don't know pixie dust depending on where in the world you asked."
Anna said.
He nodded, "That's the beauty and the bother of it all - the Technocrats have largely won the mortal battlefield, for now; people accept the Technocratic Paradigm because any man with a bit of basic education and a few tools can test almost every aspect of it; it doesn't matter which part of the world you are in, the basic rules remain the same. A skilled Mage can still make a man out of clay and breathe life and sentience into it, but once the clay man is fully human, I would wager it will have cells, bones, nerves, all the tiny bits that make up a human body... and it will probably be able to reproduce as normal, too."

"That would probably be allot of fun Sir."
The young mage said and grinned.
"I would love to design a rote with you."
He smiled, "Let's see if we can't prepare something before Christmas, shall we?"

Joakim smiled a little sadly.
"My Mentor, the first one told me that in victory there is always place for both celebration and mouring the fallen, after all if all we do is mourn then we cheapen the victory they give their lives for so we should celebrate and raise our cups in their names."
The hedgewizard said and he smiled fondly for a moment.
"We will both honor the dead and celebrate. And yes, the plot the Nephandi where cooking up could have destroyed the world so yes our efforts these last few days saved it, and those we lost in the struggle should be honored as heroes so gave their lives to protect us all."
He nodded and frowned, "The plot not only could have destroyed the world... I'm fairly certain it would, had we not interfered. Larson had all the pieces in place to try, it seems, including the quite personally offended Aswadim... Your Mentor was wise, though; we will indeed celebrate the lives of those we lost, and grieve their deaths. Some will... grieve more than others, I fear..."

"Thank you Mr Wainwright. It is hard to answer your question though, I can not really say I understand the message my friends asked me to give him, I suspect they speak in symbolism few but the intended recipient would understand my guess is that the message is meant for your Cabalmate though and him alone."
Joakim said and he looked a little puzeled and scratched his head.
He pondered for a moment, then nodded, "Then I might be able to hazard a guess at the subject matter... but as you say, it is meant for my Cabalmate, and him alone."

Heylel looked at you though he was still hiding behind their sister.
"I recognize you to...you are Mia."
They muttered, sky blue eyes meeting yours. Luckily Elisabeth where to busy talking about cake to hear what her sibling just said.
"It is a strawberry roll...with cream and everything, do you like strawberries?"
The little girl said as she tugged on your hand.
He smiled to Heylel, "Yes... so more pieces survived, then..."
He grinned to Elizabeth, "Ah, that sounds delightfully sweet."

Philippa smiled a little and looked at her children.
"Yes I told him we would have a guest and they could not have any of the cake until you got here."
She said.
"But they can get a bit over eager, especially Elisabeth...how children come here and let Mr Wainwright come in."
She said and the children ran over to their mother.
"If you would come this way Mr Wainwright I have set uup in the living room."
She said and she indicated for you to follow her into her oldfashioned but clean and tastfully furnished apartment, the entrance area having a stand for coats, a large old mirror and a fine old dresser, cream white walls and a brown and white woven rug on the floor as well as a rack for shoes which was full of children's footwear.
He smiled, "It's quite alright... though it seems little Heylel is perhaps a bit overwhelmed to see me. Which I suppose is not too shocking for me - I sensed them in the Boston Labyrinth, when I helped track down and destroy the wayward blood sample... Ah, will your husband be joining us, as well? I should like to meet him under prepared, friendly circumstances for the first time, rather than running into him by accident; my Avatar is at risk of spooking his, and that would be potentially unfortunate..."

((OOC: Quite alright. I took a nap at 5 PM yesterday, and my Schnookums woke me up three hours later... and I thought it was morning. I was a bit confused about why she was bothering me before the wake-up call... and what was that stuff about dinner, at eight in the morning? Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 31 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 31  Next