Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27

+2
Jeremy Silverstein
Warpmind
6 posters

Page 26 of 31 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31  Next

Go down

A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27 - Page 26 Empty Re: A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:59 am

[Colin] (Morningstar 5 in the afternoon)

Colin grinned, "Well, good for her. And I think you'll make a good Chronomancer, yourself. You'll get to the point where grammar breaks down soon enough..."

"You really think so Mentor? I think such magick would be fun to learn, but the only thing I can do with what you would call Time is knowing the right timing for things and how old something is and such."
Anna said and she smiled a little.

He nodded, "And for that time, you will have to be confined to a magic-suppressing cell for most of the time outside of the actual trial. Those cells are... less horrible than they might sound, actually, so long as you aren't forced to stay there for too long at a stretch."

"That sound like it would suck Mentor but I guess if it is not to long I have to stay there then it would be fine, but being thrown in a cell suck and if that cell also block my magick then that is just poop it is a very big pile of poop!"
The little girl anounced.

He smiled wryly, "No, I suppose you wouldn't think there was anything wrong with it... but the Fallen try to recruit Traditionalists to invert their Avatars - and Traditionalists would be just as adamant that there is indeed nothing wrong with having an Avatar that is not broken up and twisted around."

Anna considered for a moment then she nodded.
"You do have a very good point in that Mentor. I guess you are right there is nothing wrong to try to bring an Avatar to your side then. But I just want to say that there is nothing wrong with my Avatar it is a really nice Avatar!"
She said proudly.

He nodded, "That's the beauty and the bother of it all - the Technocrats have largely won the mortal battlefield, for now; people accept the Technocratic Paradigm because any man with a bit of basic education and a few tools can test almost every aspect of it; it doesn't matter which part of the world you are in, the basic rules remain the same. A skilled Mage can still make a man out of clay and breathe life and sentience into it, but once the clay man is fully human, I would wager it will have cells, bones, nerves, all the tiny bits that make up a human body... and it will probably be able to reproduce as normal, too."

Again the young mage considered your words then she nodded.
"Well I guess in a way the Technocratic Paradigm is practical, when my tail was cut off we could just buy this bottle with liquid in it that made sure I did not get sick while it healed, I put it on the wound three times a day and it healed fine that is practical, and I breathed this gas thing before they cut it off so I slept and I do not really remember the cutting which where practical since it was cause by Paradox so magick did not work on it."
Anna said and nodded.
"And TV games and toasters and computers are nice...but I still think Gabriel's idea of what humans are made of are cooler than cells and stuff."

He smiled, "Let's see if we can't prepare something before Christmas, shall we?"

The young mage clapped her head together and nodded happily.
"Yeah let us do that Mentor and then we can make Christmas cards with the rote described on them and send to pepole so they get a Christmas card and a new rote."
She said enthusiastically.
"Not that I actually have anyone to send Christmas cards to anymore, but still it would be cool would it not?"

He nodded and frowned, "The plot not only could have destroyed the world... I'm fairly certain it would, had we not interfered. Larson had all the pieces in place to try, it seems, including the quite personally offended Aswadim... Your Mentor was wise, though; we will indeed celebrate the lives of those we lost, and grieve their deaths. Some will... grieve more than others, I fear..."

"Yes their plot might have been insane but they came dangerously close...and calling an Aswadim...that is quite...terrifying."
Joakim said and frowned.
"Hum...yes some will mourn more than others, such as always the case, but to those who are in pain we can offer comfort while we celebrate the life of those who have moved on."
He added.
"Yes he was, he was a warrior but he was also quite wise in his own ways."

He pondered for a moment, then nodded, "Then I might be able to hazard a guess at the subject matter... but as you say, it is meant for my Cabalmate, and him alone."

Joakim just nodded at that.

He smiled to Heylel, "Yes... so more pieces survived, then..."

"Survival can be many things, sometimes new birth is more of a survival than the recreation of the old, but you are Mia that I know."
The Rebis child said speaking in ways unusual for such a small child.

He grinned to Elizabeth, "Ah, that sounds delightfully sweet."

"Cake is good...it is yummy!"
Elisabeth declared.

He smiled, "It's quite alright... though it seems little Heylel is perhaps a bit overwhelmed to see me. Which I suppose is not too shocking for me - I sensed them in the Boston Labyrinth, when I helped track down and destroy the wayward blood sample...

"Heylel is a sensitive child, and they is often shy but they seams interested in you Mr Wainwright."
Philippa said and you saw the young child peak up at you with a shy smile. The little Rebis really looked like Heylel Teomim had, they would become a stunning likeness when they grew up.

"Ah yes I owe you a great thanks for keeping my children safe, it turned out the doctor had kept Elisabeth's blood as well and not sent it for testing, in case he would need to sell that as well."
Philippa said and frowned.
"But you protected my children Mr Wainwright you have my eternal gratitude."

Ah, will your husband be joining us, as well? I should like to meet him under prepared, friendly circumstances for the first time, rather than running into him by accident; my Avatar is at risk of spooking his, and that would be potentially unfortunate..."

"My husband and my son are waiting in the living room. I have prepared Ir that your Avatar might spok his there should not be any accidents."
Philippa said and smiled.
"Ah and yes my son is a little unusual I hope his strange ways will not offend you, a Umbrood merged with his Avatar at his birth and in many ways he is more spirit than human."
The old Verbena warned.

After a little while as their mother spoke little Heyel stopped hiding behind her skirts and walked over to you, hesitently they grabbed one of your fingers and you felt warmth.
"They...are perfect..."
Mia whispered in your soul. You felt your fatuige beginning to fade as the strange child held your finger and looked up at you with those soulful blue eyes.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27 - Page 26 Empty Re: A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:08 am

The man nodded slowly.
"They are swamp turtels so I named them Liliana and Lim-Dûl."
He muttered.

"So their named after two black-aligned magic the gathering characters? That's actually pretty cool." Serge said with a smile, hoping to perhaps get the man to talk about his hobbies. He hadn't seen that particular hobby within the man's mind so he might've been mistaken. But it was too much of a coincidence that swamp turtles were named after mages who used swamps as a mana source.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:17 am

Anja's Post:

Gave the Technocrat a little nod, made a gesture to the guy to follow her, then halted. 'What... not like you're gonna run or something.' said more to herself. Reached down to take her knife out so to cut the guy's bonds.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:05 am

[Morningstar, 5 PM]
"You really think so Mentor? I think such magick would be fun to learn, but the only thing I can do with what you would call Time is knowing the right timing for things and how old something is and such."
Anna said and she smiled a little.
Colin smiled, "It's also useful to take a look at what happened in the past - who needs Sherlock Holmes to deduce the chain of events, when you can simply see for yourself?"

"That sound like it would suck Mentor but I guess if it is not to long I have to stay there then it would be fine, but being thrown in a cell suck and if that cell also block my magick then that is just poop it is a very big pile of poop!"
The little girl anounced.
He nodded sagely, "You are absolutely right about that. There are still far more unpleasant things they could have done - I suppose we should be relieved they settled for the relatively harmless option of prison cells that block magic."

Anna considered for a moment then she nodded.
"You do have a very good point in that Mentor. I guess you are right there is nothing wrong to try to bring an Avatar to your side then. But I just want to say that there is nothing wrong with my Avatar it is a really nice Avatar!"
She said proudly.
He smiled, "Your Avatar was inverted, many would say that aspect alone is wrong. But, inverted or reverted, your Avatar will still be a big, strong dragon - though perhaps less lazy."

Again the young mage considered your words then she nodded.
"Well I guess in a way the Technocratic Paradigm is practical, when my tail was cut off we could just buy this bottle with liquid in it that made sure I did not get sick while it healed, I put it on the wound three times a day and it healed fine that is practical, and I breathed this gas thing before they cut it off so I slept and I do not really remember the cutting which where practical since it was cause by Paradox so magick did not work on it."
Anna said and nodded.
"And TV games and toasters and computers are nice...but I still think Gabriel's idea of what humans are made of are cooler than cells and stuff."
He grinned, "It is practical, but so sterile. The world still needs Magi to put the magic back in reproduction, I suppose - besides, even if we're all built up of cells, that's just the building materials, like the planks and bricks that make a house. As with how a human is made up of more than merely those cells, the house needs something more to be a home."

The young mage clapped her head together and nodded happily.
"Yeah let us do that Mentor and then we can make Christmas cards with the rote described on them and send to pepole so they get a Christmas card and a new rote."
She said enthusiastically.
"Not that I actually have anyone to send Christmas cards to anymore, but still it would be cool would it not?"
He smiled, "Well, now, I like that idea - and there are a few people we can send Christmas cards to. Might want to not put the rote in the cards to my parents and sister... they wouldn't understand."

"Yes their plot might have been insane but they came dangerously close...and calling an Aswadim...that is quite...terrifying."
Joakim said and frowned.
"Hum...yes some will mourn more than others, such as always the case, but to those who are in pain we can offer comfort while we celebrate the life of those who have moved on."
He added.
"Yes he was, he was a warrior but he was also quite wise in his own ways."
He nodded, "The Aswadim was far less terrifying than I'd expected. It helped that he's prohibited from actually acting in Reality... it's a complicated affair, I think, that governs all Oracles, whichever side they're on..."
He smiled, "There's a saying, there are old warriors and bold warriors, but no old, bold warriors... I'd guess your Mentor was the former."

"Survival can be many things, sometimes new birth is more of a survival than the recreation of the old, but you are Mia that I know."
The Rebis child said speaking in ways unusual for such a small child.
He smiled, "I am a bit more than Mia... but yes, I was her, back then."

"Heylel is a sensitive child, and they is often shy but they seams interested in you Mr Wainwright."
Philippa said and you saw the young child peak up at you with a shy smile. The little Rebis really looked like Heylel Teomim had, they would become a stunning likeness when they grew up.

"Ah yes I owe you a great thanks for keeping my children safe, it turned out the doctor had kept Elisabeth's blood as well and not sent it for testing, in case he would need to sell that as well."
"But you protected my children Mr Wainwright you have my eternal gratitude."
He smiled thinly, winking to Heylel, "Well, I suppose you could say we share a little secret, for now."
He frowned, "As it turns out, Elisabeth's blood was not needed, but Larson did have one of her teleporters abduct Alexandra, the young vampire... That would have worked, too, had I not managed to persuade the Fallen teleporter to give the girl to me instead... It is disturbing, though, how much intel Larson and her group had managed to gather... Gabriel was far too skilled at his torturous practices..."

"My husband and my son are waiting in the living room. I have prepared Ir that your Avatar might spok his there should not be any accidents."
"Ah and yes my son is a little unusual I hope his strange ways will not offend you, a Umbrood merged with his Avatar at his birth and in many ways he is more spirit than human."
The old Verbena warned.
He smiled, "I've already met Taliesin. He's a bit odd, but I've met stranger."
He pondered, "It's eerie, though, how much he looks like his grandfather..."

After a little while as their mother spoke little Heyel stopped hiding behind her skirts and walked over to you, hesitently they grabbed one of your fingers and you felt warmth.
"They...are perfect..."
Mia whispered in your soul. You felt your fatuige beginning to fade as the strange child held your finger and looked up at you with those soulful blue eyes.
He took a half-step toward Philippa, then crouched down a little as Heylel grabbed his finger, gripping their hand lightly with his thumb, "You... are perfect, child... Mind, body and soul, in perfect union, all..."
He cleared his throat and streightened up again, "Ah, sorry... that was... a bit overwhelming. I'll explain over tea..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:43 pm

Colin smiled, "It's also useful to take a look at what happened in the past - who needs Sherlock Holmes to deduce the chain of events, when you can simply see for yourself?"

"The Chief at the Labyrinth used that kind of magick at times to figure out what had happened when things went wrong. I agree it can be really useful."
Anna said and nodded.

He nodded sagely, "You are absolutely right about that. There are still far more unpleasant things they could have done - I suppose we should be relieved they settled for the relatively harmless option of prison cells that block magic."

The young mage pouted.
"Well ok yes I guess there is allot worse ways that is true and I am happy they will not be used, but shielded cells still really, really sucks, it is poopy!"

He smiled, "Your Avatar was inverted, many would say that aspect alone is wrong. But, inverted or reverted, your Avatar will still be a big, strong dragon - though perhaps less lazy."

"Yeah he is a big, strong dragon,he is awsome and he is beautiful but I do wish he was not quite so lazy. Do you think Avatars can get fat Mentor? Do they eat? And how do they make baby Avatars?"
The young Nephanda asked as she glanced over at you.

He grinned, "It is practical, but so sterile. The world still needs Magi to put the magic back in reproduction, I suppose - besides, even if we're all built up of cells, that's just the building materials, like the planks and bricks that make a house. As with how a human is made up of more than merely those cells, the house needs something more to be a home."

Anna seamed to consider this for a moment then she smiled and nodded.
"Agreed. I guess we can have both, the Technocratic Paradigm for the practical stuff and magick to have something to wonder about in the world."
She agreed.

He smiled, "Well, now, I like that idea - and there are a few people we can send Christmas cards to. Might want to not put the rote in the cards to my parents and sister... they wouldn't understand."

"Hum...if your family are sleepers then I guess it is better to draw something pretty on their cards instead. But we could send a card to Freddy, and to Harmony and Heather and to Mr Horton."
She suggjested.
"With instructions for our own rote on it, that will be nice."
Anna declared happily and the two cultists smiled."
"That would be very nice indeed Anna."
Harmony said.

He nodded, "The Aswadim was far less terrifying than I'd expected. It helped that he's prohibited from actually acting in Reality... it's a complicated affair, I think, that governs all Oracles, whichever side they're on..."

"Thank heavens for small favors."
Joakim said and frowned.
"But yes for whatever reason, every claim of interactions with an Oracle, our side or theirs they have been described as giving advice and observing rather than acting...though an apprentice trapped in a burning building described her Mentor's teacher, a man who had left to become a Postulat many years before the apprentice was even born, taking her hand and leading her out of the building to safely, no one else saw the man though, but that is the only rapport of a assumed Oracle ever acting in reality, if he even was an oracle and not a ghost."

He smiled, "There's a saying, there are old warriors and bold warriors, but no old, bold warriors... I'd guess your Mentor was the former."

"Well he did reach a respectable age but he did meet his end holding of an enemy force from his Covenant doorstep for long enough for the rest of the magi and most of the Covenfolk to get out safely. I find it to be a small favor that he died befoe...what happened to me, he never saw it."
Joakim said and frowned.
"He was a good man, a good teacher and he died with honor as a warrior."
He added proudly.

He smiled, "I am a bit more than Mia... but yes, I was her, back then."

"A small piece of her where hid away, and then there are the rest and there is you."
Heylel said as he looked at you. Their sister did not seam to understand much of this and she was still on about the cake she was a dear but she was behaving as a three year old should, while Heylel seamed so far beyond their age in many ways.

He smiled thinly, winking to Heylel, "Well, I suppose you could say we share a little secret, for now."

"Yes...we share a secret..."
Heylel said and smiled.

He frowned, "As it turns out, Elisabeth's blood was not needed, but Larson did have one of her teleporters abduct Alexandra, the young vampire... That would have worked, too, had I not managed to persuade the Fallen teleporter to give the girl to me instead... It is disturbing, though, how much intel Larson and her group had managed to gather... Gabriel was far too skilled at his torturous practices..."

Philippa touched her abdomen sadly.
"Ah...yes Alexandra, my...child was the first...yes she have my husband's blood in her and will always be a part of us."
She then nodded.
"Well thank you for your help and I am glad that Larson did not manage to get her plan set into motion. I will have to be more careful when the children are tested again, having Mr Horton do it and send it with a Mercere to Horizon for testing at one of the clinics there to make sure no one can get at my father in law though the children again."

"I doubt torture got all of this intel though, it makes no sense no one knew all of this...I fear there is a leak somewhere...and that worry me...that worry me allot."
The old Verbena said and frowned.

He smiled, "I've already met Taliesin. He's a bit odd, but I've met stranger."
He pondered, "It's eerie, though, how much he looks like his grandfather..."

"Quite eerie indeed, well you have to realize that I have only met Irik once, I can not be associating with a Aswadim after all but yes the boy look like his grandfather he is a good boy though even if he is...unusual."

He took a half-step toward Philippa, then crouched down a little as Heylel grabbed his finger, gripping their hand lightly with his thumb, "You... are perfect, child... Mind, body and soul, in perfect union, all..."
He cleared his throat and streightened up again, "Ah, sorry... that was... a bit overwhelming. I'll explain over tea..."

"I am so sorry Mr Wainwright are they bothering you? Heylel come over here!"
Philippa said apologetically.
"They never do this, they take a long time to warm up to strangers, I do apologize what on earth did they do?"

[Nicole] (In the old auto shop at 4 in the afternoon.)

Gave the Technocrat a little nod, made a gesture to the guy to follow her, then halted. 'What... not like you're gonna run or something.' said more to herself. Reached down to take her knife out so to cut the guy's bonds.

The Unionman started following you he looked nevous when you bought out your knife, his bindings where not as well done as the ones you had done on Cecilia, the one who had taped his hands had less knowledge of how to restrain someone.
"Thank you."
The man said.
"I owe you...quite a bit...I do not know how to replay it but I owe you three."
He said and smiled a little.
"O...ok where was this bathroom?"

[Serge] (Helping out at the infirmary in the attic of Steelhaven at 4 in the afternoon.)

"So their named after two black-aligned magic the gathering characters? That's actually pretty cool." Serge said with a smile, hoping to perhaps get the man to talk about his hobbies. He hadn't seen that particular hobby within the man's mind so he might've been mistaken. But it was too much of a coincidence that swamp turtles were named after mages who used swamps as a mana source.

"They live in swamps originally, they are swamp turtles so...I thought it would be cute it is geeky I know but I used to play that game with my brother, I still play with him at times when I visit him or for family holidays, my brother is pretty good though, got pretty far in the last competition he was in."
The wounded man and for the first time he focused his eyes on you.
"I though the names would be...cute..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:30 pm

[Morningstar, 5 PM]
"The Chief at the Labyrinth used that kind of magick at times to figure out what had happened when things went wrong. I agree it can be really useful."
Anna said and nodded.
Colin nodded, "It's a helpful tool. Very useful for getting a quick look ahead, too - to see what's going to happen in the near future, unless things are deliberately changed."

The young mage pouted.
"Well ok yes I guess there is allot worse ways that is true and I am happy they will not be used, but shielded cells still really, really sucks, it is poopy!"
He nodded, then smiled, "Well, I'm fairly sure your stay there won't be long - and only for parts of the day while it lasts. I don't think you'll be forced to stay there for a full 24-hour stretch at a time."

"Yeah he is a big, strong dragon,he is awsome and he is beautiful but I do wish he was not quite so lazy. Do you think Avatars can get fat Mentor? Do they eat? And how do they make baby Avatars?"
The young Nephanda asked as she glanced over at you.
He chuckled, "I don't know... In fact, there are Magi far wiser and older than me who don't know, either."

Anna seamed to consider this for a moment then she smiled and nodded.
"Agreed. I guess we can have both, the Technocratic Paradigm for the practical stuff and magick to have something to wonder about in the world."
She agreed.
He nodded, "The benefit of the Technocratic Paradigm for us, at least, is that we can more easily predict how things will behave, and that makes it a lot easier for us to know how to get the most effect out of the least effort."

"Hum...if your family are sleepers then I guess it is better to draw something pretty on their cards instead. But we could send a card to Freddy, and to Harmony and Heather and to Mr Horton."
She suggjested.
"With instructions for our own rote on it, that will be nice."
Anna declared happily and the two cultists smiled."
"That would be very nice indeed Anna."
Harmony said.
He nodded, "And Master Adimari and Lady Crexia, we wouldn't want to leave them out... There'll be plenty of people you might want to add to your Christmas card list before then."

"Thank heavens for small favors."
Joakim said and frowned.
"But yes for whatever reason, every claim of interactions with an Oracle, our side or theirs they have been described as giving advice and observing rather than acting...though an apprentice trapped in a burning building described her Mentor's teacher, a man who had left to become a Postulat many years before the apprentice was even born, taking her hand and leading her out of the building to safely, no one else saw the man though, but that is the only rapport of a assumed Oracle ever acting in reality, if he even was an oracle and not a ghost."
He pondered for a moment, "I think, perhaps, that Oracle stretched the rule without breaking it - even taking his apprentice's hand and leading her out like that could well be argued as merely guiding and advising, rather than outright acting in the world. It depends on how precise the rules are worded, I suppose, but it seems plausible that sort of guidance could be permissible, if only barely... But I guess only Oracles could answer that question."

"Well he did reach a respectable age but he did meet his end holding of an enemy force from his Covenant doorstep for long enough for the rest of the magi and most of the Covenfolk to get out safely. I find it to be a small favor that he died befoe...what happened to me, he never saw it."
Joakim said and frowned.
"He was a good man, a good teacher and he died with honor as a warrior."
He added proudly.
He nodded, "It sounds as though he died as he lived, then - a Flambeau first and foremost."

"A small piece of her where hid away, and then there are the rest and there is you."
Heylel said as he looked at you. Their sister did not seam to understand much of this and she was still on about the cake she was a dear but she was behaving as a three year old should, while Heylel seamed so far beyond their age in many ways.
He arched an eyebrow, "A piece hidden away? Do you know where?"

Philippa touched her abdomen sadly.
"Ah...yes Alexandra, my...child was the first...yes she have my husband's blood in her and will always be a part of us."
He looked down for a moment, "I am sorry to bring it up, but it does seem significant... Alexandra is a sweet child, though."

She then nodded.
"Well thank you for your help and I am glad that Larson did not manage to get her plan set into motion. I will have to be more careful when the children are tested again, having Mr Horton do it and send it with a Mercere to Horizon for testing at one of the clinics there to make sure no one can get at my father in law though the children again."

"I doubt torture got all of this intel though, it makes no sense no one knew all of this...I fear there is a leak somewhere...and that worry me...that worry me allot."
The old Verbena said and frowned.
He nodded thoughtfully, making sure the door was properly closed behind him, "There is a leak... actually, more than one. I know two pawns, two moles among us, but I cannot yet move directly against them... I can taunt and goad them into exposing their necks while the other players move into place, but they are... very inconveniently placed still."

"Quite eerie indeed, well you have to realize that I have only met Irik once, I can not be associating with a Aswadim after all but yes the boy look like his grandfather he is a good boy though even if he is...unusual."
He nodded, "I've only met him once, too - for now. Apparently, our paths will cross again, once, while on a Quest with a Cabalmate..."

"I am so sorry Mr Wainwright are they bothering you? Heylel come over here!"
Philippa said apologetically.
"They never do this, they take a long time to warm up to strangers, I do apologize what on earth did they do?"
He shook his head, "No, bothering is the wrong word for it... she took my hand, and I felt an... impression, perhaps, a mix of an old memory and new insight..."
He smiled to Heylel, "It will all be explained in a few minutes. Please, Milady, lead the way."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:35 pm

Colin nodded, "It's a helpful tool. Very useful for getting a quick look ahead, too - to see what's going to happen in the near future, unless things are deliberately changed."

"Yeah that would be useful for allot of things Mentor."
Anna agree and nodded.

He nodded, then smiled, "Well, I'm fairly sure your stay there won't be long - and only for parts of the day while it lasts. I don't think you'll be forced to stay there for a full 24-hour stretch at a time."

"That is ok I guess even if such cells are poopy. How long will the trial last Mentor?"
Anna asked she was still pouting.

He chuckled, "I don't know... In fact, there are Magi far wiser and older than me who don't know, either."

"But who knows those answers then Mentor? I would like to know those things."
Your young apprentice said and looked up at you.

He nodded, "The benefit of the Technocratic Paradigm for us, at least, is that we can more easily predict how things will behave, and that makes it a lot easier for us to know how to get the most effect out of the least effort."

"I guess but magick can be pretty predictable to Mentor. I do however like to be able to take some pills to get better when I get Paradox sick."
Anna said.
"And play video games, that is good to."

He nodded, "And Master Adimari and Lady Crexia, we wouldn't want to leave them out... There'll be plenty of people you might want to add to your Christmas card list before then."

"Yeah...we will add them to the list to, and the others we met here at this Chantry and Joe perhaps. But Nurse Bosh do not get a Christmas card."
The young Nephanda said and shook her head.

He pondered for a moment, "I think, perhaps, that Oracle stretched the rule without breaking it - even taking his apprentice's hand and leading her out like that could well be argued as merely guiding and advising, rather than outright acting in the world. It depends on how precise the rules are worded, I suppose, but it seems plausible that sort of guidance could be permissible, if only barely... But I guess only Oracles could answer that question."

"It is hard to say my good man, perhaps he stretched the rules to save his old student's apprentice or perhaps he was allowed to guide the child out of the burning building or perhaps he had failed as a Postulant and died and came back to save the young girl, it is hard to know for sure as with most things about the Oracles all we can really do is speculate."
Joakim said and frowned.

He nodded, "It sounds as though he died as he lived, then - a Flambeau first and foremost."

"That he did and he would have wanted it no other way."
The old hedge wizard said fondly.
"He would think those like my second Mentor who entered final twilight to be quite odd and yet he gave his life to protect them so they could live and do so."

He arched an eyebrow, "A piece hidden away? Do you know where?"

"In you, the most important part of Mia are in you, she is the piece that was hidden away."
The rebis child reliped.

He looked down for a moment, "I am sorry to bring it up, but it does seem significant... Alexandra is a sweet child, though."

"That is quite allright Mr Wainwright and yes Alexandra is a very sweet child, I do not blame her for what happened she is just a child herself and she was tormented, if anyone is to blame it is the man who drove her so far that she lost control."
Philippa said softly.

He nodded thoughtfully, making sure the door was properly closed behind him, "There is a leak... actually, more than one. I know two pawns, two moles among us, but I cannot yet move directly against them... I can taunt and goad them into exposing their necks while the other players move into place, but they are... very inconveniently placed still."

The old Verbena nodded at that and frowned.
"Hum...this is quite concerning Mr Wainwright but it should be discussed with no children present, they mean no harm off course ut they are three year olds and three year olds then to repeat what they hear."

He nodded, "I've only met him once, too - for now. Apparently, our paths will cross again, once, while on a Quest with a Cabalmate..."

"Well then when you see him again please be careful, my father in law is what he is after all."
Philippa urged.

He shook his head, "No, bothering is the wrong word for it... she took my hand, and I felt an... impression, perhaps, a mix of an old memory and new insight..."
He smiled to Heylel, "It will all be explained in a few minutes. Please, Milady, lead the way."

"Well it is good Heylel did not offend you Mr Wainwright, well this way then."
Philippa said as she lead you further into the apartment. Heylel kept their hand on yours and smiled up to you. Philippa lead you into an old fashioned living room, with heavy wood furniture, dark green curtains, book cases on the walls as well as pictures of the family living here. The walls where a light green with painted trees and branches. Talisin sat on the floor playing with legos he looked up at you and smiled.

A wery tall man stood up from a deep, brown leather arm chair and walked over to you, he had quite similar features as his son and his father, his eyes where black, his nose pronounced with high cheek bones and thin lips, his hair was black with gray stripes and he wore a black shirt, black west and pressed black pants. His hair was pulled away from his face and worn long down his back in a ponytail decorated by silver rings. The man's skin was a deep, dark copper and his hands where long with fine, thin fingers, he now held out one of those hands to you as he studied you.
"You must be Colin Wainwright I am Ir Hermes bani Treme...Tytalus or at least so I am on a probationary basis, welcome to my home."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:46 pm

[Morningstar, 5 PM]
"That is ok I guess even if such cells are poopy. How long will the trial last Mentor?"
Anna asked she was still pouting.
Colin scratched his neck, "I don't know, exactly - I would think it will take days, perhaps about a week. Though it might take a little longer, since we'll be setting entirely new legal precedents, and that might cause some serious debate."

"But who knows those answers then Mentor? I would like to know those things."
Your young apprentice said and looked up at you.
He smiled wryly, "I think the two people who are most likely to know about it would be Master Ir and Master Telar. You will get to meet Master Telar soon, at Steelhaven Hall. Master Ir lives here, though it would probably not be wise for you to speak with him for some time yet - there's a political complication, shall we say."

"I guess but magick can be pretty predictable to Mentor. I do however like to be able to take some pills to get better when I get Paradox sick."
Anna said.
"And play video games, that is good to."
He nodded, "An added benefit of understanding the Technocratic Paradigm, of course, is the chance of figuring out methods to use magic without Reality catching on - avoiding Paradox for a lot of smaller tricks by making them seem plausible. And video games can be quite fun... I'm afraid I was unable to save your friend's console, though - I'm going to have to look into getting you a new one. Well, possibly a second-hand one."

"Yeah...we will add them to the list to, and the others we met here at this Chantry and Joe perhaps. But Nurse Bosh do not get a Christmas card."
The young Nephanda said and shook her head.
He shook his head sagely, "No, Nurse Bosh will not be receiving a Christmas card. Kristina will, though."

"It is hard to say my good man, perhaps he stretched the rules to save his old student's apprentice or perhaps he was allowed to guide the child out of the burning building or perhaps he had failed as a Postulant and died and came back to save the young girl, it is hard to know for sure as with most things about the Oracles all we can really do is speculate."
Joakim said and frowned.
He nodded, "Regardless of whether he made it or not, his apprentice was important enough for him to save her, and that's comforting in and of itself, I suppose."

"That he did and he would have wanted it no other way."
The old hedge wizard said fondly.
"He would think those like my second Mentor who entered final twilight to be quite odd and yet he gave his life to protect them so they could live and do so."
He smiled wryly, "I feel fairly confident that he would have thought most people living today quite odd, too, final twilight or not."

"In you, the most important part of Mia are in you, she is the piece that was hidden away."
The rebis child reliped.
He nodded, "Oh, good, for a moment I thought you referred to another hidden piece..."

"That is quite allright Mr Wainwright and yes Alexandra is a very sweet child, I do not blame her for what happened she is just a child herself and she was tormented, if anyone is to blame it is the man who drove her so far that she lost control."
Philippa said softly.
He smiled, "I guess you will be pleased to hear that though her abduction was traumatic, I managed to get her to a safe location without further harm..."

The old Verbena nodded at that and frowned.
"Hum...this is quite concerning Mr Wainwright but it should be discussed with no children present, they mean no harm off course ut they are three year olds and three year olds then to repeat what they hear."
He nodded, "I concur, which is why I will not speak of it further here and now... except to say that Master Min knows who they are."

"Well then when you see him again please be careful, my father in law is what he is after all."
Philippa urged.
He smiled wryly, "I am none too concerned - for two reasons; first, that he is what he is, and second, he told me his wife will shoo him out of the area when my Cabalmate and I come seeking her counsel."

"Well it is good Heylel did not offend you Mr Wainwright, well this way then."
Philippa said as she lead you further into the apartment. Heylel kept their hand on yours and smiled up to you. Philippa lead you into an old fashioned living room, with heavy wood furniture, dark green curtains, book cases on the walls as well as pictures of the family living here. The walls where a light green with painted trees and branches. Talisin sat on the floor playing with legos he looked up at you and smiled.
He smiled and nodded to Taliesin as he entered the room, gently holding Heylel's hand in his own.

A wery tall man stood up from a deep, brown leather arm chair and walked over to you, he had quite similar features as his son and his father, his eyes where black, his nose pronounced with high cheek bones and thin lips, his hair was black with gray stripes and he wore a black shirt, black west and pressed black pants. His hair was pulled away from his face and worn long down his back in a ponytail decorated by silver rings. The man's skin was a deep, dark copper and his hands where long with fine, thin fingers, he now held out one of those hands to you as he studied you.
"You must be Colin Wainwright I am Ir Hermes bani Treme...Tytalus or at least so I am on a probationary basis, welcome to my home."
He bowed politely and let Heylel go to shake Ir's hand, "Well met, Sir. And thank you for seeing me - we have a few matters to discuss; first, let me emphasize that while my Avatar might... appear dangerous, there's very little chance she can cause you harm, unless you try to prod at her."
He smiled thinly, "Also, your father sends his regards; he was quite pleased that we stopped Larson from... the impropriety she attempted."
He looked down at Heylel, "That said, perhaps we should all be seated for this; what I am about to tell you is for your ears only, and quite shocking..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:56 pm

Cecilia looked at you. "I do not completely undeerstand Sir but I will follow your lead on this."

He gave her a nod, though he was unsettled still about everything and all the potential complications of it all that he himself knew he did not know about.

"I would not want you to leave the Chantry and especially not now. But yes if yu take Cecilia as an indetured servant your choices might come down to following the Deacon Council decicions as to how to secure her which is likely to include the serum if some other way to control her powers are not found, leaving the Chantry with her or letting her go and tossing her out. Which is not a good situation to be in." He confirmed and sigh

'Let's try to find another option then because none of those are good and if the third occurs all of this would be for nothing, she would be endangered again plus my reputation would be blackened.'

"This you can try to discuss with Mr Von Hess or Master Haagen to see if doing that will be possible." Your Mentor wrote and pointed to the other part of your text.

He nodded, took out the notes he had from Colin and added that to his cryptified notes. He asked Cecelia, "If we are able to change the serum's delivery method to something such as breathing it in or drinking it, would that be easier for you? I am not sure if it would affect any long term effects but it is an idea to try."

"I have set you in this situation so I will cover any cost, and if I can find a way not to hurt Miss Sinclair I will do so. I might seam hard to you being willing to do qite horrible things to keep this Chantry safe, but if I can do so and not cause suffering I would rather take that path. As for the demon if it is what she claims it is then I am sorry to say but it would swat you aside as an anoying fly mea filius, if it comes looking for it's slave, which is unlikely as these things are bound in their realm, then I would be the one dealing with it, I stand a chance at repelling it...maybe. More likely though it is her soul this being is after it is likely to care little about this physical world as such and will be content to wait for Miss Sinclair to die to claim his prize and if we break its hold on her that will likely anger it but likely not enough for it to get to manifested reality for revenge. but there is always a chance I am wrong and it will decide to act or send other Invested for revenge."

"Well, to be fair, I didn't mean anytime soon. I'm Flambeau, not crazy," he said with a touch of irony in his tone.

"Half an hour seams about right. Yes I doubt the SQ will come looking for Miss Sinclair for some time so there should be time for sleep before a decicion is taken."
He wrote and handed you this note as well.

"Alright, I'll take care of my chores bottom to top so it might be slightly longer. I will keep you posted. There's something else..." He wrote out, 'I have a bottle from the Master alchemist with arcane attachments from when we set the spirit in the labyrinth free. I don't know exactly what else is in it but the ephemera and it needs to be destroyed by fire, so I don't' know if it's a thing that can explode. I can pull the arcane links off but he said to destroy the whole thing. Also, where would I find the hedge wizard?' he said with a point at Miss Day's name from earlier.

Cecilia looked up she was still sobbing but she nodded."I will reply to all questions Sir, if I am at all able to. No I do not have anything else to say Sir but thank you for trying to find other solutions, that is more than...I am used to most in the Labyrinth care little for the suffering of a pawn."

"I'm sorry about all of this...I may be a soldier but I don't care for perpetuating needless suffering . Not of prisoners or even enemies either. It's dangerous when you start to enjoy things like that too much, no matter how satisfying it feels or how much you think they deserive it at the time,: he said as he cleared up the board. "I admit there is little wiggle room here but we'll try what we can," he said.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:59 pm

Colin scratched his neck, "I don't know, exactly - I would think it will take days, perhaps about a week. Though it might take a little longer, since we'll be setting entirely new legal precedents, and that might cause some serious debate."

"Ok that will not be a fun time Mentor, but I guess I have to go through it and if you are sure my Avatar is safe then I will bare with it."
Anna said and nodded though she still pouted.

He smiled wryly, "I think the two people who are most likely to know about it would be Master Ir and Master Telar. You will get to meet Master Telar soon, at Steelhaven Hall. Master Ir lives here, though it would probably not be wise for you to speak with him for some time yet - there's a political complication, shall we say."

"Political complications? I am not sure I understand Mentor."
Anna said seaming confused.
"I guess I can ask Master Telar though."

He nodded, "An added benefit of understanding the Technocratic Paradigm, of course, is the chance of figuring out methods to use magic without Reality catching on - avoiding Paradox for a lot of smaller tricks by making them seem plausible. And video games can be quite fun... I'm afraid I was unable to save your friend's console, though - I'm going to have to look into getting you a new one. Well, possibly a second-hand one."

"Yeah finding ways to avoid Dox is good, I hate Paradox."
Anna said and nodded.
"I am not sure how to fit magick into the Technocratic Paradigm though."
She muttered then she grinned.
"My own TV game console...I do not care if it is second hand I have never had my own before."
She said happily.

He shook his head sagely, "No, Nurse Bosh will not be receiving a Christmas card. Kristina will, though."

"Yeah Kristina get s Christmas card."
Anna agreed.
"With the rote information on it."

He nodded, "Regardless of whether he made it or not, his apprentice was important enough for him to save her, and that's comforting in and of itself, I suppose."

"His apprentice's apprentice but yes, perhaps he brok a rule, perhaps not I guess there is little point in speculating."
Joakim said and nodded.

He smiled wryly, "I feel fairly confident that he would have thought most people living today quite odd, too, final twilight or not."

"Yes he most certinly would have."
Joakim agreed with a slight smile.
"Truth to be told I do as well."

He nodded, "Oh, good, for a moment I thought you referred to another hidden piece..."

The young rebis shook their head.

He smiled, "I guess you will be pleased to hear that though her abduction was traumatic, I managed to get her to a safe location without further harm..."

"Yes Kristina told me so Mr Wainwright and I am relieved, it would have been a tradgedy if we had lost the little sweetie."

He nodded, "I concur, which is why I will not speak of it further here and now... except to say that Master Min knows who they are."

The old Verbena just nodded at that.

He smiled wryly, "I am none too concerned - for two reasons; first, that he is what he is, and second, he told me his wife will shoo him out of the area when my Cabalmate and I come seeking her counsel."

"Your Cabalmate will seek the consel of the princess...hum...it must be quite a severe problem that will be facing him if he is going to seek her out in the Umbra."
Philippa said and she raised an eyebrow.

He smiled and nodded to Taliesin as he entered the room, gently holding Heylel's hand in his own.

Taliesin looked at you for a moment but he said nothing. Heylel walked you into the living room but the strange child said nothing further.

He bowed politely and let Heylel go to shake Ir's hand, "Well met, Sir. And thank you for seeing me - we have a few matters to discuss; first, let me emphasize that while my Avatar might... appear dangerous, there's very little chance she can cause you harm, unless you try to prod at her."

"It is a shard cluster at it see my Fallen Avatar as shards to add to the collective, I am aware...it is fine my soul will not attack unless she is provoked and I have no intent of prodding at your Avatar, to do so would be most rude towards both you and her."
The ancient Hermetic said in a gruff tone of voice and nodded.

He smiled thinly, "Also, your father sends his regards; he was quite pleased that we stopped Larson from... the impropriety she attempted."

"I am glad as well, despite all else the man is my family I would not have liked to see him harmed, nor the world destroyed my family is in it."
Ir replied in the same gruff voice.

He looked down at Heylel, "That said, perhaps we should all be seated for this; what I am about to tell you is for your ears only, and quite shocking..."

"Hum...would you like me to ask my wife to take Elisabeth and Taliesin to wash up before tea giving you a few moments with me and Heylel as you had requested?"
He asked.

(OOC: I will reply to you as well Strife but it is so hot I need a bit of a break from a hot computer.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:00 pm

[Adley] (Steelhaven at 4 in the afternoon.)

'Let's try to find another option then because none of those are good and if the third occurs all of this would be for nothing, she would be endangered again plus my reputation would be blackened.'

"Yes we will see what can be done."
Jeffry said and frowned he was no more fond og all this than you where.

He nodded, took out the notes he had from Colin and added that to his cryptified notes. He asked Cecelia, "If we are able to change the serum's delivery method to something such as breathing it in or drinking it, would that be easier for you? I am not sure if it would affect any long term effects but it is an idea to try."

Cecilia nodded at looked hopefully at you.
"It would be considerably easier Sir, I mean going without my magic will be...hard I never have been kept from my magic for long, however if I can avoid injections...avoid the pain and avoid being constantly reminded of what the Prelatus...did to me, that would make it allot easier yes."

"Well, to be fair, I didn't mean anytime soon. I'm Flambeau, not crazy," he said with a touch of irony in his tone.

Your Mentor gave a wry smile at that.
"Well to be fair some say we are all crazy, every last member of our House."
He said.
"Well you never know perhaps they are right."
He added and sipped his coffee.

"Alright, I'll take care of my chores bottom to top so it might be slightly longer. I will keep you posted.

Jeffry just nodded at that.
"Very well let me know when you are ready mea filius."

There's something else..." He wrote out, 'I have a bottle from the Master alchemist with arcane attachments from when we set the spirit in the labyrinth free. I don't know exactly what else is in it but the ephemera and it needs to be destroyed by fire, so I don't' know if it's a thing that can explode. I can pull the arcane links off but he said to destroy the whole thing.

"Give it to me and I will take care of the bottle, what needs to be done should not be to complicated."
Your Mentor replied simply.

Also, where would I find the hedge wizard?' he said with a point at Miss Day's name from earlier.

"She said something about wanting to check on the vampires, see to it that they where sleeping and that they where as comfortable as possible."
Jeffry informed you and Cecilia looked a bit concerned at the mention of vampires.

"I'm sorry about all of this...I may be a soldier but I don't care for perpetuating needless suffering . Not of prisoners or even enemies either. It's dangerous when you start to enjoy things like that too much, no matter how satisfying it feels or how much you think they deserive it at the time,: he said as he cleared up the board. "I admit there is little wiggle room here but we'll try what we can," he said.

"I understand Sir, I served your enemy you have to be cautious, I have been treated better than I expected to be and while it is all still scary, still horrible I know it could be allot worse."
The hedge wizard said softly as she wiped at her tears she looked really miserable and scared though.
"Thank you for trying to find a easier solution Sir."
She said again.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:08 pm

Anja's Post:

'Eh... let's hope St Peter remembers this one.' Nicole quipped with a wry little smile, taking the blade and slicing the bonds. 'This way.' gesturing him to follow her to the bathroom.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:20 pm

"They live in swamps originally, they are swamp turtles so...I thought it would be cute it is geeky I know but I used to play that game with my brother, I still play with him at times when I visit him or for family holidays, my brother is pretty good though, got pretty far in the last competition he was in."
The wounded man and for the first time he focused his eyes on you.
"I though the names would be...cute..."

"I loved that game. I'm too poor to play though so I just end up looking at the art on the cards. I always imagined that if I had a card I'd be a red-blue mage." Serge said looking at the man and then giving a friendly wave towards him, now that he was focusing on him.

"Speaking of names...I haven't actually introduced myself. Hey there! My name is Serge. How about you?"

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:25 pm

[Morningstar, 5 PM]
"Ok that will not be a fun time Mentor, but I guess I have to go through it and if you are sure my Avatar is safe then I will bare with it."
Anna said and nodded though she still pouted.
Colin nodded, "I'm certain your Avatar is safe; it may be a few uncomfortable days, but after that, you'll be released to my custody."

"Political complications? I am not sure I understand Mentor."
Anna said seaming confused.
"I guess I can ask Master Telar though."
He smiled thinly, "Master Ir is a Nephandus who came to our side, and who can't be Gilguled. There are those who don't fully trust him yet, though, and because of that, it would be best if the two of you don't meet for a while."

"Yeah finding ways to avoid Dox is good, I hate Paradox."
Anna said and nodded.
"I am not sure how to fit magick into the Technocratic Paradigm though."
She muttered then she grinned.
"My own TV game console...I do not care if it is second hand I have never had my own before."
She said happily.
He smiled wryly, "It won't always be easy to do, but it will be possible in many cases to do quite flashy things that seem plausible enough that nobody will notice. An electric shock from a malfunctioning lamppost, an unexpected gust of wind that blows something into the face of someone pursuing you, a motor vehicle spontaneously suddenly not working during a car chase, and so on - possibilities are endless."

"Yeah Kristina get s Christmas card."
Anna agreed.
"With the rote information on it."
He nodded, "We have work to do. First magical pursuit to work on together, hmm?"

"Yes he most certinly would have."
Joakim agreed with a slight smile.
"Truth to be told I do as well."
He smiled wryly, "Truth be told, I do as well... Society has changed greatly in the past two decades. The Internet has to take much of the blame, I suppose."

"Yes Kristina told me so Mr Wainwright and I am relieved, it would have been a tradgedy if we had lost the little sweetie."
He sighed softly, "According to her, I have secured the safest, best future for my apprentice now, and on an unrelated note, I'm apparently due to get shot again."

"Your Cabalmate will seek the consel of the princess...hum...it must be quite a severe problem that will be facing him if he is going to seek her out in the Umbra."
He nodded, "It appeared we have a quite impressive Quest on our hands by then, though the exact details, well... Time will tell."

"It is a shard cluster at it see my Fallen Avatar as shards to add to the collective, I am aware...it is fine my soul will not attack unless she is provoked and I have no intent of prodding at your Avatar, to do so would be most rude towards both you and her."
The ancient Hermetic said in a gruff tone of voice and nodded.
He nodded, "That sums it up nicely, yes."

"I am glad as well, despite all else the man is my family I would not have liked to see him harmed, nor the world destroyed my family is in it."
Ir replied in the same gruff voice.
He nodded, "My greatest worry regarding him right now is how in the world I'm going to explain to everyone who helped defeat Larson's Labyrinth that he owes us each a favour - a single truth each, ours if we just ask for it... He may be an enemy, philosophically speaking, but I'm still honourbound to pass on the message..."

"Hum...would you like me to ask my wife to take Elisabeth and Taliesin to wash up before tea giving you a few moments with me and Heylel as you had requested?"
He asked.
He pondered ever so briefly, "I think she needs to hear it, too - she is as implicated as you are - though Elisabeth and Taliesin might be best to keep out of the discussion, at least for now."

((OOC: From what we've seen of Serge so far, I can't figure out why there'd be any red in his converted mana cost. Blue, definitely, possibly a splash of white, but definitely blue. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:44 pm

Colin nodded, "I'm certain your Avatar is safe; it may be a few uncomfortable days, but after that, you'll be released to my custody."

Anna nodded at that.
"When will this happen Mentor?"
She asked a little concerned.

He smiled thinly, "Master Ir is a Nephandus who came to our side, and who can't be Gilguled. There are those who don't fully trust him yet, though, and because of that, it would be best if the two of you don't meet for a while."

"I guess I can see why it would not look good if I talked with thim then Mentor. I will ask Master Telar about Avatars then."
The young mage agreed.

He smiled wryly, "It won't always be easy to do, but it will be possible in many cases to do quite flashy things that seem plausible enough that nobody will notice. An electric shock from a malfunctioning lamppost, an unexpected gust of wind that blows something into the face of someone pursuing you, a motor vehicle spontaneously suddenly not working during a car chase, and so on - possibilities are endless."

Anna nodded at that.
"I think I understand Mentor."
She said.
"So one try to fool sleepers into thinking what we do are natural things happening then trying to hide it like just misfortune on the part of your enemy or luck on part of yourself?"

He nodded, "We have work to do. First magical pursuit to work on together, hmm?"

"Yeah and it is going to be so much fun Mentor!"
Anna said happily.
"When do we start?"

He smiled wryly, "Truth be told, I do as well... Society has changed greatly in the past two decades. The Internet has to take much of the blame, I suppose."

"This is very true my good man, then again the internet is also a wonderful tool for gaining knowledge but yes the world have changed very much and for the last few decades I have started feeling very old."
Joakim said and sigh.

He sighed softly, "According to her, I have secured the safest, best future for my apprentice now, and on an unrelated note, I'm apparently due to get shot again."

"That is good news about your apprentice Mr Wainwright about your apprentice and worrying news about getting shot, that is never a plesant experience."

He nodded, "It appeared we have a quite impressive Quest on our hands by then, though the exact details, well... Time will tell."

"Impressive indeed and not a easy one either but yes time will tell."
The old Verbena said though she still gave you a bit of an odd look.

He nodded, "That sums it up nicely, yes."

Ir just nodded at that.

He nodded, "My greatest worry regarding him right now is how in the world I'm going to explain to everyone who helped defeat Larson's Labyrinth that he owes us each a favour - a single truth each, ours if we just ask for it... He may be an enemy, philosophically speaking, but I'm still honourbound to pass on the message..."

"Well that will probably be a rather akward conversation indeed, but if my father have promised such a boon for your group's aid then he will keep his word and answer as best he can, though I suspect most will find it hard to trust an Aswadim."
Ir said as he regarded you.

He pondered ever so briefly, "I think she needs to hear it, too - she is as implicated as you are - though Elisabeth and Taliesin might be best to keep out of the discussion, at least for now."

Ir nodded and he told his son.
"Please take your sister and help her get washed up for tea."
Taliesin nodded and took Elisabeth's hand, the girl protested that she wanted cake now.
"You already are eating cake, and have eaten it."
The boy replied as the two vanished into a side room. Ir fixed you wish his black eyes again and asked.
"So what is it that you wish to discuss with my family Mr Wainwright?"
He asked and indicated a chair.
"Please sit."

'Eh... let's hope St Peter remembers this one.' Nicole quipped with a wry little smile, taking the blade and slicing the bonds. 'This way.' gesturing him to follow her to the bathroom.

"Well if such a interdimentional entity do exist I fear it's memory and motivations might be hard to speculate on Miss."
The Technocrat said as you lead him to the small bathroom, he did not protest the state of the room as he started cleaning himself up as best he could with cold water. Once done he returned to you and he looked a bit more presentable though he still needed some clean clothes.

[Serge] (Helping out at the infirmary in the attic of Steelhaven at 4 in the afternoon.)

"I loved that game. I'm too poor to play though so I just end up looking at the art on the cards. I always imagined that if I had a card I'd be a red-blue mage." Serge said looking at the man and then giving a friendly wave towards him, now that he was focusing on him.

"The artwork of the cards are pretty good, I made a coffee table with some cheap ones...but you do not need to be good to have fun playing, I am not very good but it is still fun playing with my brother."
The man said softly.

"Speaking of names...I haven't actually introduced myself. Hey there! My name is Serge. How about you?"

"I...my name..."
The man looked confused a moment.
"Paul...it is Paul my name is Paul Ivan Fletcher I remember that now I am Paul Ivan Fletcher."
He said sounding relieved that he remembered his own name.

(OOC: I think Serge would be mono blue.)
(OOC 2: Nurse Bosh is off the Christmas card list. Razz )
(OOC 3: It is still hot so hot even my spider is complaining.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:02 pm

"The artwork of the cards are pretty good, I made a coffee table with some cheap ones...but you do not need to be good to have fun playing, I am not very good but it is still fun playing with my brother."
The man said softly.

"Still need to buy cards and have someone nearby. I remember when I was young I once played an entire game with myself using cards I printed and cut out." Serge said with a soft chuckle.

"You and your brother seem to have a good relationship. I was an only child so I can't really relate. What else do you remember about your brother?" he asked, wanting to get the man talking more about his own life and family. He already knew that the brother was in college but decided to keep the whole 'I read your innermost thoughts' thing a secret.

"I...my name..."
The man looked confused a moment.
"Paul...it is Paul my name is Paul Ivan Fletcher I remember that now I am Paul Ivan Fletcher."
He said sounding relieved that he remembered his own name.

"Man...you have a middle name! That makes you so much cooler than I am." Serge said with a grin. "Hey Paul. Is their anything you'd like right now? Water, tea, coffee?"

(OOC: I added red because that's the color of chaos, emotion, breaking rules/restraints, and imagination. All things important to Serge [and the Cult of Ecstasy] and things he uses in his magick. Not too mention he's extremely obsessed with being perceived as a cool important hero which is a very red feeling Razz. )
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:20 pm

[Morningstar, 5 PM]
Anna nodded at that.
"When will this happen Mentor?"
She asked a little concerned.
Colin shrugged, "I'm not exactly certain - the views of the future have been a little imprecise in that regard. We'll have to wait a little bit for your health to recover enough, but I'd say within two months or so."

Anna nodded at that.
"I think I understand Mentor."
She said.
"So one try to fool sleepers into thinking what we do are natural things happening then trying to hide it like just misfortune on the part of your enemy or luck on part of yourself?"
He nodded, "A little sneaky obfuscation goes a long way."

"Yeah and it is going to be so much fun Mentor!"
Anna said happily.
"When do we start?"
He thought for a moment, "I've got some work in the shop that needs to take some priority, we need to get you properly moved in, your library sorted and indexed, and so on... Might take a week or two on the outside before we can get started on the actual work. But you can, of course, start theorizing and taking notes in the meantime."

"This is very true my good man, then again the internet is also a wonderful tool for gaining knowledge but yes the world have changed very much and for the last few decades I have started feeling very old."
Joakim said and sigh.
He smiled wryly, "I think that goes for everyone who is older than the public internet... It's not that it's a wonderful tool for gaining knowledge that's the issue, but that it's an incredibly effective tool for organizing special interest groups... and there've been some very unpleasant such groups that have embraced this tool in recent years."

"That is good news about your apprentice Mr Wainwright about your apprentice and worrying news about getting shot, that is never a plesant experience."
He frowned, "No, it is not... better than a rocket to the face again, I suppose, but not all that much better... At the very least, Alexandra implied I will be sufficiently undamaged so as to present my future wife with a peace offering right away..."

"Well that will probably be a rather akward conversation indeed, but if my father have promised such a boon for your group's aid then he will keep his word and answer as best he can, though I suspect most will find it hard to trust an Aswadim."
Ir said as he regarded you.
He nodded, "The way he phrased his boon, I believe he will provide answers as objectively accurate as he is able to, rather than slanted to serve his faction's ends. But yes, I expect most would find it hard to trust the word of an enemy Oracle."

Ir nodded and he told his son.
"Please take your sister and help her get washed up for tea."
Taliesin nodded and took Elisabeth's hand, the girl protested that she wanted cake now.
"You already are eating cake, and have eaten it."
The boy replied as the two vanished into a side room. Ir fixed you wish his black eyes again and asked.
"So what is it that you wish to discuss with my family Mr Wainwright?"
He asked and indicated a chair.
"Please sit."
He sat down slowly, glancing from Ir to Philippa, "When I helped render the stolen blood sample useless, I recognized something I hadn't seen in a long time. In the blood sample, I saw a very clear echo of Heylel Teomim themselves, just as I remember them. Little Heylel knows why..."
He smiled wryly, "I was in the Sentencing Hall when Teomim was... well, you know... It was quite horrible, too, and I'm glad we had that staff for support."
He smiled warmly, looking at Heylel, "Little Heylel is perfect where we were flawed, though - one mind, one soul - when they grow up, you'll be hard pressed to tell pictures of Teomim from pictures of your own child apart."

((OOC: That's actually a very good argument; Ego and passion are very much Red aspects. Come to think of it, Colin would be Blue-White-Red, I think - though possibly with a splash of Phyrexian Black right now, owing to the jaunt through the Caul. Blue for Chronomancy and ingenuity, White for his military background and his protective instincts, and Red for his occasionally liberal approach to rules and quite direct brute-force approach to problem removal when called for. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:48 am

"It would be considerably easier Sir, I mean going without my magic will be...hard I never have been kept from my magic for long, however if I can avoid injections...avoid the pain and avoid being constantly reminded of what the Prelatus...did to me, that would make it allot easier yes."

He nodded at that. "Perhaps someone will be able to come up with a way to do it. I will make some inquiries when I can."

Your Mentor gave a wry smile at that. "Well to be fair some say we are all crazy, every last member of our House." He said. "Well you never know perhaps they are right." He added and sipped his coffee.

He gave a faint smile back. Of course, Cecelia's sobbing was still loud in his ears and so he was not overtly cheerful over that, in any way. And this last few weeks did make him wonder if the world had gone mad...around them.

"Give it to me and I will take care of the bottle, what needs to be done should not be to complicated."
Your Mentor replied simply.

"Thank you," he said, and turned over the bottle.

"She said something about wanting to check on the vampires, see to it that they where sleeping and that they where as comfortable as possible."
Jeffry informed you and Cecilia looked a bit concerned at the mention of vampires.

"Ah, I see." Well, he was going down to the basement anyhow to see Master Amadeus, and he could check in on his sister briefly too. He did not seem inclined to explain anything about the vampires.

"I understand Sir, I served your enemy you have to be cautious, I have been treated better than I expected to be and while it is all still scary, still horrible I know it could be allot worse." The hedge wizard said softly as she wiped at her tears she looked really miserable and scared though. "Thank you for trying to find a easier solution Sir."

He nodded, then glanced at his pater and gave a bow of his head before he left. He headed through the remaining throng in the common area towards the basement, keeping an eye out for someone he didn't know that might be the person Colin spoke about. Though they were likely in the infirmary and he would get there eventually. First to the task of asking Ms Day for assistance...

// no worries, I was out gardening : )

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:53 am

Colin shrugged, "I'm not exactly certain - the views of the future have been a little imprecise in that regard. We'll have to wait a little bit for your health to recover enough, but I'd say within two months or so."

"Hum...ok Mentor it is best to get it over with so I do not have to be afraid of it any longer."
Anna said and nodded.

He nodded, "A little sneaky obfuscation goes a long way."

The young mage nodded at that and smiled.

He thought for a moment, "I've got some work in the shop that needs to take some priority, we need to get you properly moved in, your library sorted and indexed, and so on... Might take a week or two on the outside before we can get started on the actual work. But you can, of course, start theorizing and taking notes in the meantime."

The young girl smiled at that and nodded.
"Ok Mentor that sounds good, and I can index my books that is not to hard to do."

He smiled wryly, "I think that goes for everyone who is older than the public internet... It's not that it's a wonderful tool for gaining knowledge that's the issue, but that it's an incredibly effective tool for organizing special interest groups... and there've been some very unpleasant such groups that have embraced this tool in recent years."

"That is very true, I have found groups that are dedicated to Italian cheeses, and old bladed weapons. However I have also seen quite disturbing groups as well, groups just full of hatred."
Joakim said and shook his head.

He frowned, "No, it is not... better than a rocket to the face again, I suppose, but not all that much better... At the very least, Alexandra implied I will be sufficiently undamaged so as to present my future wife with a peace offering right away..."

"Well as long as you survive and recover pain is a temporary thing, it is still not plesant though I hope this situation do not come to pass."
The hedge wizard said.
"But we do live in a war after all so the chance of ending up shot at some point is fairly high."

He nodded, "The way he phrased his boon, I believe he will provide answers as objectively accurate as he is able to, rather than slanted to serve his faction's ends. But yes, I expect most would find it hard to trust the word of an enemy Oracle."

"Well his faction and his faction the Aswadim is after unmaking the world but they are not always seen as members as say but yes I understand a Traditionalist will have a problem with trusting them."
Ir agreed and nodded.

He sat down slowly, glancing from Ir to Philippa, "When I helped render the stolen blood sample useless, I recognized something I hadn't seen in a long time. In the blood sample, I saw a very clear echo of Heylel Teomim themselves, just as I remember them. Little Heylel knows why..."

Heylel looked at you and nodded they crawled up into the sofa. Ir sigh.
"I suspect your shard cluster have a core made up of a piece of Master Teomim himself."
The Fallen man said.

He smiled wryly, "I was in the Sentencing Hall when Teomim was... well, you know... It was quite horrible, too, and I'm glad we had that staff for support."

"I saw the shard of Mia de Napoli's Avatar when I was a part of an attack against Horizon centuries ago, but she was gone when I was taken to the Main Sentencing Hall when I surrendered I assumed it had somehow found a host."
Ir said and nodded he did not seam very shocked. Philippa just nodded.

He smiled warmly, looking at Heylel, "Little Heylel is perfect where we were flawed, though - one mind, one soul - when they grow up, you'll be hard pressed to tell pictures of Teomim from pictures of your own child apart."

Philippa smiled and looked at her child.
"Yes they are a perfect rebis, joined in the woumb. It was not planned my husband and I were taking part in a protest march against the use of the Gilgul rite, it is held each year in November were mages wearing white walk in silence carrying candles from Horizon Chantry to Master Teomim's grave. Often the march are attacked even if it is peaceful so it is a risk taking part in it but I think it is an important thing to do. Anyway me and Ir was the two who remained at the gravesite the longest, we knew or at least we thought Teomim could not be reborn but we wanted to give his memory something so we made love by his grave."
The old Verbena said.
"Some weeks later I found out I was with child, triplets. Multiple births is not that unsual among Masters of Life but there is always a risk. When I was examined close to the due date though only two children could be found, I was not suprised triplets often do not survive, however when I gave birth...you have to understand Ir was wounded at this point but he demanded to be at my side. First came Mary Elisabeth, born Awakened as somehow as my husband held our daugther for our first time she healed wounds Masters of my Tradition could not. And then came a perfect rebis child complete and perfect in every way so we named them Heylel since they had been consieved at Master Teomim's grave. We knew it would be hard for a rebis to carry that name, but it seamed right."

"Still need to buy cards and have someone nearby. I remember when I was young I once played an entire game with myself using cards I printed and cut out." Serge said with a soft chuckle.

"I guess I am lucky who have a brother to play with and I got cards from him."
The wpunded man said and he smiled a little.

"You and your brother seem to have a good relationship. I was an only child so I can't really relate. What else do you remember about your brother?" he asked, wanting to get the man talking more about his own life and family. He already knew that the brother was in college but decided to keep the whole 'I read your innermost thoughts' thing a secret.

"My brother is named...Josef Alexei...he is in collage and study economics and mathemathics he is so good with numbers...he is a good kid..."
The man said fondly.

"Man...you have a middle name! That makes you so much cooler than I am." Serge said with a grin. "Hey Paul. Is their anything you'd like right now? Water, tea, coffee?"

The man just looked confused at you when you said a middle name made someone cool.
"A....a glass of water would be very nice."
The man muttered softly.
"I am not sure I could handle anything that tasted...strongly right now I...my senses are so strange right now."

[Adley] (Steelhaven at 4 in the afternoon.)

He nodded at that. "Perhaps someone will be able to come up with a way to do it. I will make some inquiries when I can."

"Thank you Sir."
Cecilia said she did not really know what lse she could say.

He gave a faint smile back. Of course, Cecelia's sobbing was still loud in his ears and so he was not overtly cheerful over that, in any way. And this last few weeks did make him wonder if the world had gone mad...around them.

Cecilia where still sobbing softly though she was cheering up a little after you promised you would look for alternatives to the serum.

"Thank you," he said, and turned over the bottle.

Jeffry took the bottle and rose to find a cheramic tray he put it on, then he moved his hands quickly through the modern hand gestures for Perdo Vim and then Creo Ignem and white hot flame that slowly turned blue flared up around the bottle but the head was contained so you felt no heat at all, then the flames turned into primal fire and the bottle was just gone when the fire stopped. Cecilia's eyes wideded and she gave a slight whistle.
"That is some finesse."
She muttered and Jeffry gave her a small bow.
"Why thank you Miss Sinclair."
He said as he put the chermaic plate away and sat down again. You knew your Mentor was more proud of his impressive control with magick than the sheer power of it.

"Ah, I see." Well, he was going down to the basement anyhow to see Master Amadeus, and he could check in on his sister briefly too. He did not seem inclined to explain anything about the vampires.

Jeffry nodded at that but said nothing more about it.

He nodded, then glanced at his pater and gave a bow of his head before he left. He headed through the remaining throng in the common area towards the basement, keeping an eye out for someone he didn't know that might be the person Colin spoke about. Though they were likely in the infirmary and he would get there eventually. First to the task of asking Ms Day for assistance...

You saw no one you did not know on your way through the common room, there where a few there from other Chantries who was waiting to be picked up ut you had seen them in the Node chamber during the fight.

You got to the basement the tired guards nodded to you again. You saw Henrietta coming out of the vampires' room and carefully closing the door, her hair was wet she had scrubbed herself clean of blood before visting the captive vampires, which was probably a good thing, she gave you a smile when she saw you.
"Mr Roth Hicks."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:15 am

Anja's Post:

'Let's just put it that my job doesn't often involve things which a priest would call "a good deed".' Nicole said, tone that of mild bemusement, leading Mr Shade to the bathroom, pointing out the things they'd found to help.

As the Mirrorshade is cleaning up, she quickly heads back to the workshop, seeing if the place had any light-coloured paint and a spray. Idea being, was it possible to quickly spray a suitable bit of wall so it was a more suitable backdrop for an official photo?
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:28 am

[Morningstar, 5 PM]
"Hum...ok Mentor it is best to get it over with so I do not have to be afraid of it any longer."
Anna said and nodded.
Colin smiled, "That's the spirit. But the first priority is for you to recover enough so as to be able to walk around unaided, at least."

The young girl smiled at that and nodded.
"Ok Mentor that sounds good, and I can index my books that is not to hard to do."
He smiled wryly, "I'll have to swing by IKEA for a new bookshelf, too..."

"That is very true, I have found groups that are dedicated to Italian cheeses, and old bladed weapons. However I have also seen quite disturbing groups as well, groups just full of hatred."
Joakim said and shook his head.
He nodded, "And yet the explicit hate groups are not the worst of it, but the groups of people perpetually offended by things - the groups who rise up and call for boycotts of companies because a comedian said something risque on television, or because an advertisement involved two people loving one another in a manner not approved of by a millennia-old text..."

"Well as long as you survive and recover pain is a temporary thing, it is still not plesant though I hope this situation do not come to pass."
The hedge wizard said.
"But we do live in a war after all so the chance of ending up shot at some point is fairly high."
He nodded, "It probably will... at the very least, I have reason to believe I'll survive the inconvenience. Again."

"Well his faction and his faction the Aswadim is after unmaking the world but they are not always seen as members as say but yes I understand a Traditionalist will have a problem with trusting them."
Ir agreed and nodded.
He pondered, "Are they indeed out to actively unmake the world, though, or are they more like the Jade Demon's group, waiting and preparing for the inevitable end?"

Heylel looked at you and nodded they crawled up into the sofa. Ir sigh.
"I suspect your shard cluster have a core made up of a piece of Master Teomim himself."
The Fallen man said.
He arched an eyebrow, "Well, you took that with a lot less surprise than I did..."

"I saw the shard of Mia de Napoli's Avatar when I was a part of an attack against Horizon centuries ago, but she was gone when I was taken to the Main Sentencing Hall when I surrendered I assumed it had somehow found a host."
Ir said and nodded he did not seam very shocked. Philippa just nodded.
He nodded, "She spent five hundred years rebuilding herself from whatever fragments she could grab, and then she picked out someone who would turn out as durable and stubborn as herself to be born with - one who would be broken and mended like herself. I am indeed Mia de Napoli reincarnated, rightful heir to Heylel Teomim's promise and position in the First Cabal... and I mean to get the old band together; I have reason to believe we're all alive now, and will be needed to bring about the inter-tradition unity we once sought to forge..."

Philippa smiled and looked at her child.
"Yes they are a perfect rebis, joined in the woumb. It was not planned my husband and I were taking part in a protest march against the use of the Gilgul rite, it is held each year in November were mages wearing white walk in silence carrying candles from Horizon Chantry to Master Teomim's grave. Often the march are attacked even if it is peaceful so it is a risk taking part in it but I think it is an important thing to do. Anyway me and Ir was the two who remained at the gravesite the longest, we knew or at least we thought Teomim could not be reborn but we wanted to give his memory something so we made love by his grave."
The old Verbena said.
"Some weeks later I found out I was with child, triplets. Multiple births is not that unsual among Masters of Life but there is always a risk. When I was examined close to the due date though only two children could be found, I was not suprised triplets often do not survive, however when I gave birth...you have to understand Ir was wounded at this point but he demanded to be at my side. First came Mary Elisabeth, born Awakened as somehow as my husband held our daugther for our first time she healed wounds Masters of my Tradition could not. And then came a perfect rebis child complete and perfect in every way so we named them Heylel since they had been consieved at Master Teomim's grave. We knew it would be hard for a rebis to carry that name, but it seamed right."
He smiled wryly, "Yes, I'm sure you've heard the expression 'feeling like someone stood on my grave' and the like? Suffice to say, I had some thoughts of my own when I first heard of little Heylel and Elisabeth's conception..."
He shook his head, "In any case, my point is not that Heylel is a perfect rebis, but a perfect Heylel. When we were Teomim, we were of two minds and two souls - I suspect that was what would have turned us into Moloch, if not that had been... prevented. However, there's a more pressing concern in that regard - I believe we are in the times Akrites Salonikas warned of in his prophecy, when a new Moloch may arise. I even have clear suspicions as to who it will be..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:54 am

Colin smiled, "That's the spirit. But the first priority is for you to recover enough so as to be able to walk around unaided, at least."

"Yeah staying in bed is boring and also my chest and belly hurts and I do not like that."
Anna said and nodded.

He smiled wryly, "I'll have to swing by IKEA for a new bookshelf, too..."

"They do have good bookshelves Mentor and they are cheap and have yummy beatballs."
Anna agreed.

He nodded, "And yet the explicit hate groups are not the worst of it, but the groups of people perpetually offended by things - the groups who rise up and call for boycotts of companies because a comedian said something risque on television, or because an advertisement involved two people loving one another in a manner not approved of by a millennia-old text..."

"Such groups have always been there but yes with the advent of the internet these voices have gotten more power and that is a very worrying development."
Joakim said and frowned.

He nodded, "It probably will... at the very least, I have reason to believe I'll survive the inconvenience. Again."

"Well as they say that which do not kill us make us stronger. Being shot really are not a nice experience though."
The old Hermetic said.
"All I can say is good luck with it."

He pondered, "Are they indeed out to actively unmake the world, though, or are they more like the Jade Demon's group, waiting and preparing for the inevitable end?"

"That Mr Wainwright I do not know but I know their perspective of time is difference than ours so they are patient and will wait until the time is right."
Ir said and nodded.
"Any more details you would have to ask the Aswadim themselves about."

He arched an eyebrow, "Well, you took that with a lot less surprise than I did..."

"I expected to sooner or later run into the host of that shard and the rest of her cluster."
The archmage said and shrugged.

He nodded, "She spent five hundred years rebuilding herself from whatever fragments she could grab, and then she picked out someone who would turn out as durable and stubborn as herself to be born with - one who would be broken and mended like herself. I am indeed Mia de Napoli reincarnated, rightful heir to Heylel Teomim's promise and position in the First Cabal... and I mean to get the old band together; I have reason to believe we're all alive now, and will be needed to bring about the inter-tradition unity we once sought to forge..."

"So Master Teomim found a way to reincarnate this is good, but you believe the rest of the First Cabal is also alive now? I know of Fall Breeze but the rest as well?"
"Try to avoid bringing unity in the same way as your former incarnation Mr Wainwright but yes...a storm is coming and what we have seen over the last week or she are just the first gusts, the Traditions need unity now more than ever before."
Ir said and he leaned back in his chair.
"You will have to keep who you are secret though or...there might be dire consequenses."

He smiled wryly, "Yes, I'm sure you've heard the expression 'feeling like someone stood on my grave' and the like? Suffice to say, I had some thoughts of my own when I first heard of little Heylel and Elisabeth's conception..."

Philippa nodded at that.
"Yes well I hope Master Teomim would not mind, but we wanted to give them...something."
She said then she looked at her child.
"A testament to who they where."

He shook his head, "In any case, my point is not that Heylel is a perfect rebis, but a perfect Heylel. When we were Teomim, we were of two minds and two souls - I suspect that was what would have turned us into Moloch, if not that had been... prevented.

"That would be correct, Heylel have one Avatar they have two Essences though, but this have been seen with other magi as well on rare occacions. I have read the Master Seer's prophecy and off course I have been worried but I can not imagine my child turning into a monster, they are so sweet and kind and sensitive."

However, there's a more pressing concern in that regard - I believe we are in the times Akrites Salonikas warned of in his prophecy, when a new Moloch may arise. I even have clear suspicions as to who it will be..."

Ir and Philippa looked at one another and then Ir sigh.
"Something dark...is coming. Not many know this but I have a brother he...is in Stasis Quiet but he have inherited our father's talent with Time magick, two months ago he started writing a prophecy about a new Moloch on the wall and then he collapsed to the floor, he have not yet awakened from this."
The old Hermetic said hesitently.
"If his prophecy is to be believed unless this Moloch is stopped then this world will be worse than destroyed, it will be frozen into a Static Asencion a crystaline existence that will never change, develop or evolve...a hell on earth."
He said and little Heylel looked at you with his blue eyes.
"They are coming."
They whispered.
"As night turn into day they will join and they will rise out of the starlight horizon as sun and moon combined into the Beast of Babylon."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:59 am

'Let's just put it that my job doesn't often involve things which a priest would call "a good deed".' Nicole said, tone that of mild bemusement, leading Mr Shade to the bathroom, pointing out the things they'd found to help.

"Well it is not my place to judge Miss, the question I think is less whatever or not a priest think you are doing good deeds but whatever or not you are content with what you do and who you are."
The Technocrat said thoughtfully as he picket up the things you had found so he could clearn himself up.

As the Mirrorshade is cleaning up, she quickly heads back to the workshop, seeing if the place had any light-coloured paint and a spray. Idea being, was it possible to quickly spray a suitable bit of wall so it was a more suitable backdrop for an official photo?

You did find white paint and a spray can of the same, the paint where intended for metal though but would probably still do the job.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:54 pm

[Morningstar, 5 PM]
"Yeah staying in bed is boring and also my chest and belly hurts and I do not like that."
Anna said and nodded.
Colin nodded, "Nobody likes being confined to their bed - but for now, it is necessary for the stitches to heal."

"They do have good bookshelves Mentor and they are cheap and have yummy beatballs."
Anna agreed.
He smiled wryly, "Ehh, I find their meatballs tolerable enough, but so inoffensive and mediocre... The furniture is good, though."

"Such groups have always been there but yes with the advent of the internet these voices have gotten more power and that is a very worrying development."
Joakim said and frowned.
He pondered, "It all works towards sterilizing language and attitudes; I suppose it seems to superficially serve the Technocracy. Something is bound to break, though..."

"Well as they say that which do not kill us make us stronger. Being shot really are not a nice experience though."
The old Hermetic said.
"All I can say is good luck with it."
He smiled wryly, "I've had more growing stronger in the past few days than I'd like to go through for a long time..."

"That Mr Wainwright I do not know but I know their perspective of time is difference than ours so they are patient and will wait until the time is right."
Ir said and nodded.
"Any more details you would have to ask the Aswadim themselves about."
He nodded and replied dryly, "All things considered, I do believe I shall pass on that."

"I expected to sooner or later run into the host of that shard and the rest of her cluster."
The archmage said and shrugged.
He nodded, "Well, then, here we are. A pristine core with some not-so-pristine fragments in the cluster... It's a bit of a concern, but the inverted fragments can be reverted; we're expecting a great deal of insight into how inverted Avatars can be restored over the next few days, and multiple methods, slow and steady as well as quick and uncomfortable, to become accessible over the next few years. If this possibility is of interest to you, we will of course share it, but I don't think anyone will force that choice on you."

"So Master Teomim found a way to reincarnate this is good, but you believe the rest of the First Cabal is also alive now? I know of Fall Breeze but the rest as well?"
"Try to avoid bringing unity in the same way as your former incarnation Mr Wainwright but yes...a storm is coming and what we have seen over the last week or she are just the first gusts, the Traditions need unity now more than ever before."
Ir said and he leaned back in his chair.
"You will have to keep who you are secret though or...there might be dire consequenses."
He nodded, "The last thing that happened during Teomim's Gilgul was the last pieces of the Avatars reaching... Albedo. For a glorious moment, the two Avatars were one. As such, while it is mostly Mia at the core, I think there's a little bit of Julius, as well... As for the others, Fall Breeze is known, but I found and rescued Sister Bernadette's reincarnation in the Boston Labyrinth - I doubt the Fallen there even had a suspicion as to who they had caught - and Louis DuMonte's reincarnation is presently resting in a bed upstairs here now, a sweet girl of twelve with a weak heart from a gunshot wound to the chest. The others... I will have to keep looking, but I would not be surprised if they were to appear over the next few months and years."
He smiled thinly, "And no, I would not want to recklessly reveal my hidden identity; I know the danger. At the same time, I don't believe you two would betray that under any circumstances. As for how to bring about unity, no, I would not want to let myself succumb to the same hubris Teomim did - but when the war heats up again, the symbolic power of the First Cabal reunited would be... priceless. The morale boost to the people from seeing the survivors band together again to keep the promise made when the Traditions were first founded might, well... you get the idea. I think we're going to need it, and desperately so, sooner than we would like."

Philippa nodded at that.
"Yes well I hope Master Teomim would not mind, but we wanted to give them...something."
She said then she looked at her child.
"A testament to who they where."
He smiled warmly to Heylel, "You did better; you created a testament to the best we could have been, rather than the split and arrogant megalomaniac we were."

"That would be correct, Heylel have one Avatar they have two Essences though, but this have been seen with other magi as well on rare occacions. I have read the Master Seer's prophecy and off course I have been worried but I can not imagine my child turning into a monster, they are so sweet and kind and sensitive."
He frowned, "Being sweet and sensitive is no guarantee against becoming a monster - it all comes down to what sort of pressures are leveraged against a person. Still, Mia and I cannot become Moloch; that path to darkness was severed. I do not believe that is a possible fate for Heylel, either - though they might grow up eternally suspected of that potential."

Ir and Philippa looked at one another and then Ir sigh.
"Something dark...is coming. Not many know this but I have a brother he...is in Stasis Quiet but he have inherited our father's talent with Time magick, two months ago he started writing a prophecy about a new Moloch on the wall and then he collapsed to the floor, he have not yet awakened from this."
The old Hermetic said hesitently.
"If his prophecy is to be believed unless this Moloch is stopped then this world will be worse than destroyed, it will be frozen into a Static Asencion a crystaline existence that will never change, develop or evolve...a hell on earth."
He said and little Heylel looked at you with his blue eyes.
"They are coming."
They whispered.
"As night turn into day they will join and they will rise out of the starlight horizon as sun and moon combined into the Beast of Babylon."
He nodded, "There are three... entities that are the top two suspects I know of right now - first, the two pawns the Fallen have been using in Boston and Chicago, and probably a number of other cities as well: a pair of twins, well established Quaesitors, known to most Nephandi as 'The Italians'. The little angels have made a most disturbing hobby of gilguling widderslainte, taking them as payment for their services to the Nephandi, even to the extent of taking the Gilledian of Boston captive and forcing him to send video messages to the Boston Labyrinth, giving the instructions Lisa Larson wanted him to give."
He frowned, "The third entity is the Technocracy's Computer - some details concerning it have recently come to light; how it puts Magi on the serum and extricates their pineal glands - what appears to be the physical manifestation of a Mage's link to their Avatar. We've discovered that the damnable serum, if taken for more than three days straight, will start causing a buildup of primium particles around that gland, and cause gradual localized cell undeath, like the Hermetic lichdom potion does. It would appear that the Computer absorbs all these Avatars to power itself - and nobody knows how powerful it has become by now. Additionally, my future wife, Freddy Adelbloom, is a reincarnation of someone we knew when we were Teomim, but exactly who seems a little uncertain yet... she was captured by the Union, and the Computer refused to consume her Avatar. Which lends credibility to my hypothesis - the Computer was designed around an imprint or copy of Teomim's mind, made when Teomim betrayed his Cabal..."
He frowned, "There's a bit more to it, obviously, but the hypothesis does seem plausible, and the potential consequences are... dire. I do believe that for now, the most urgent threat is that of the Italians... and that's the one most easily addressed, as well."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:42 pm

Colin nodded, "Nobody likes being confined to their bed - but for now, it is necessary for the stitches to heal."

"Stitches! But they would have had to use needles to do that!"
Anna said horrified she seamed not have have considered that possibility before and she looked rather terrified and clutched at her wound.
"What if something of it is left in me....what if they did anything else with needles whil I was out...what if...."
She looked increasingly afraid.

He smiled wryly, "Ehh, I find their meatballs tolerable enough, but so inoffensive and mediocre... The furniture is good, though."

"But those meatballs are yummy Mentor, you put them in cream sause with pasta on the side."
The little girl protested.

He pondered, "It all works towards sterilizing language and attitudes; I suppose it seems to superficially serve the Technocracy. Something is bound to break, though..."

"It serves the Technocrazy and no one else, and when there is an outcry over every word someone might take offense at then the reasons for real offense become unclear, the development are not a good one."
Joakim said and frowned.

He smiled wryly, "I've had more growing stronger in the past few days than I'd like to go through for a long time..."

The old hedge wizard gave you an rather amused look at that.
"Yes the last few days have been trying for us all and you have had some trials Mr Wainwright."
He commented.
"But I guess those of us who have survived have grown stronger."

He nodded and replied dryly, "All things considered, I do believe I shall pass on that."

Ir just grinned at that.

He nodded, "Well, then, here we are. A pristine core with some not-so-pristine fragments in the cluster... It's a bit of a concern, but the inverted fragments can be reverted; we're expecting a great deal of insight into how inverted Avatars can be restored over the next few days, and multiple methods, slow and steady as well as quick and uncomfortable, to become accessible over the next few years. If this possibility is of interest to you, we will of course share it, but I don't think anyone will force that choice on you."

"I do not think many could force the choice on me but yes it is of interest to me Mr Wainwright as I have walked the path of trying to cleanse myself...for some time now, since my mother...used every ounce of her power to cleanse the core of my Avatar, it was not plesant, but it made me see the horror of what I had been doing for centuries. Since my soul can not be destroyed I will do what I can to turn her back into the pristine condition she was once in...I have had some progress but it is a slow going. Any information about that you are willing to share would be most welcome."
Ir said and he regarded you again with those black eyes of his.

He nodded, "The last thing that happened during Teomim's Gilgul was the last pieces of the Avatars reaching... Albedo. For a glorious moment, the two Avatars were one. As such, while it is mostly Mia at the core, I think there's a little bit of Julius, as well...

"Well there is a comfort in knowing that Master Teomim's lifetime goal happened, if only at the very end."
Philippa said and Mia muttered from your soul.
"Yes we are both here in some way I am both here."

As for the others, Fall Breeze is known, but I found and rescued Sister Bernadette's reincarnation in the Boston Labyrinth - I doubt the Fallen there even had a suspicion as to who they had caught - and Louis DuMonte's reincarnation is presently resting in a bed upstairs here now, a sweet girl of twelve with a weak heart from a gunshot wound to the chest. The others... I will have to keep looking, but I would not be surprised if they were to appear over the next few months and years."

Ir and Philippa nodded at what you said and Philippa frowned.
"That little Nephandi girl then?"
She asked Heylel looked at you befre they bent over to play with their own toes.
"They are coming for Eloine she is in danger. Walking Hawk suspect that the Nine are back, only eight though the Seer never died he became more, but his replacement would have been born.

He smiled thinly, "And no, I would not want to recklessly reveal my hidden identity; I know the danger. At the same time, I don't believe you two would betray that under any circumstances. As for how to bring about unity, no, I would not want to let myself succumb to the same hubris Teomim did - but when the war heats up again, the symbolic power of the First Cabal reunited would be... priceless. The morale boost to the people from seeing the survivors band together again to keep the promise made when the Traditions were first founded might, well... you get the idea. I think we're going to need it, and desperately so, sooner than we would like."

"We will not betray your trust Mr Wainwright."
Philippa assured you then nodded.
"Agreed the unity of the First Cabal would be invaluable and if trouble is heading this way, it might very well be we will need them. The question then is how to find them, you said you knew the identity of some of them, can you find the rest?"

He smiled warmly to Heylel, "You did better; you created a testament to the best we could have been, rather than the split and arrogant megalomaniac we were."

Philippa smiled at that she took Heylel and lifted the child into her lap fondly.
"Thank you for your kind words."
She said and she ruffeled the child's golden hair.

He frowned, "Being sweet and sensitive is no guarantee against becoming a monster - it all comes down to what sort of pressures are leveraged against a person. Still, Mia and I cannot become Moloch; that path to darkness was severed. I do not believe that is a possible fate for Heylel, either - though they might grow up eternally suspected of that potential."

The old Verbena nodded at that.
"You are very right Mr Wainwright being sweet and sensitive is no guarenteen but I hope all my children will grow up to be good pepole. I do worry about Heylel though there have already been incidents of hatred towards them and I have seen how other rebis have been treated in the Traditions, like the poor person over at Chantry Flamingo."

He nodded, "There are three... entities that are the top two suspects I know of right now - first, the two pawns the Fallen have been using in Boston and Chicago, and probably a number of other cities as well: a pair of twins, well established Quaesitors, known to most Nephandi as 'The Italians'. The little angels have made a most disturbing hobby of gilguling widderslainte, taking them as payment for their services to the Nephandi, even to the extent of taking the Gilledian of Boston captive and forcing him to send video messages to the Boston Labyrinth, giving the instructions Lisa Larson wanted him to give."

Ir's eyes darkned at the mention of the activities of the Italians.
"I have heard about them."
He said gruffly.
"They will meet their end and soon, the problem is that they have managed to built up quite a powerbase for themselves so getting at them is not easy but they will go down, eventually."

He frowned, "The third entity is the Technocracy's Computer - some details concerning it have recently come to light; how it puts Magi on the serum and extricates their pineal glands - what appears to be the physical manifestation of a Mage's link to their Avatar. We've discovered that the damnable serum, if taken for more than three days straight, will start causing a buildup of primium particles around that gland, and cause gradual localized cell undeath, like the Hermetic lichdom potion does. It would appear that the Computer absorbs all these Avatars to power itself - and nobody knows how powerful it has become by now. Additionally, my future wife, Freddy Adelbloom, is a reincarnation of someone we knew when we were Teomim, but exactly who seems a little uncertain yet... she was captured by the Union, and the Computer refused to consume her Avatar. Which lends credibility to my hypothesis - the Computer was designed around an imprint or copy of Teomim's mind, made when Teomim betrayed his Cabal..."

"That is a possibility, and you are right no one knows how powerful that damned entity have gotten. We have a boy living at this Chantry, the Chief's own apprentice who is one of the Computer's victims, perhaps he should be examined to see if anything could be learned from that, the Chief is rather protective of the boy though."
Ir said and nodded.
"Have your future wife been examined to try to determine why the Computer refused to consume her soul. I am not sure if the Computer itself have any connection to Master Teomim though that might be a bit of a stretch."
The archmage continued.
"But worth looking into."

He frowned, "There's a bit more to it, obviously, but the hypothesis does seem plausible, and the potential consequences are... dire. I do believe that for now, the most urgent threat is that of the Italians... and that's the one most easily addressed, as well."

"Agree the Italians need to be dealt with whatever or not they have any part of this prophecy the Computer can be looked into but the pair of them seam to be a more immediate threat."
Ir said and he nodded in agreement.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 31 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31  Next