Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27

+2
Jeremy Silverstein
Warpmind
6 posters

Page 27 of 31 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27 - Page 27 Empty Re: A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27

Post by Warpmind Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:22 pm

[Morningstar, 5 PM]
"Stitches! But they would have had to use needles to do that!"
Anna said horrified she seamed not have have considered that possibility before and she looked rather terrified and clutched at her wound.
"What if something of it is left in me....what if they did anything else with needles whil I was out...what if...."
She looked increasingly afraid.
Colin pondered for a moment, "I think they might use a different suture for internal organs, actually - something sufficiently thick and rigid as to not requiring a needle for it. I think I saw something resembling a thin fishing line more than thread used for certain stitches where aesthetics were less important than holding the edges of the wound together. In any case, they would not have left bits of needles behind - even if a piece had been broken off and missed, we would have noticed by now when checking your vitals. You are safe, I promise."

"But those meatballs are yummy Mentor, you put them in cream sause with pasta on the side."
The little girl protested.
He arched an eyebrow, "I thought the Swedish recipe called for mashed potatoes... all the same, I'm going to have to introduce you to my great-gran's recipe for meatballs. If you still prefer the IKEA variant, I guess I am going to have to relent... I just don't have to like it."
He winked, "All part of parenting, I suppose."

"It serves the Technocrazy and no one else, and when there is an outcry over every word someone might take offense at then the reasons for real offense become unclear, the development are not a good one."
Joakim said and frowned.
He nodded, "These things tend to go back and forth, though - we've always had moral panics and outrages like it, in some form or another; the Salem Witch Trials, the Red Scare of the fifties, Mohammed's insistence that women should not walk around topless... the greatest distinction, perhaps, is that with the internet, these demands take the form of a grassroots movement more than something masterminded by a single individual, or small group of individuals, in a position of power."

The old hedge wizard gave you an rather amused look at that.
"Yes the last few days have been trying for us all and you have had some trials Mr Wainwright."
He commented.
"But I guess those of us who have survived have grown stronger."
He frowned, "My Avatar has grown two sizes over the past few days, figuratively speaking. Under most circumstances, I'd be highly concerned about that... I should rather she settle down and rest up for a while before growing further like that..."

"I do not think many could force the choice on me but yes it is of interest to me Mr Wainwright as I have walked the path of trying to cleanse myself...for some time now, since my mother...used every ounce of her power to cleanse the core of my Avatar, it was not plesant, but it made me see the horror of what I had been doing for centuries. Since my soul can not be destroyed I will do what I can to turn her back into the pristine condition she was once in...I have had some progress but it is a slow going. Any information about that you are willing to share would be most welcome."
Ir said and he regarded you again with those black eyes of his.
He nodded, "Then I will make sure you get a copy of whatever methods we get written down, as soon as we have them committed to paper. It'll take time, and it will be unpleasant, but it's certainly doable..."

"Well there is a comfort in knowing that Master Teomim's lifetime goal happened, if only at the very end."
Philippa said and Mia muttered from your soul.
"Yes we are both here in some way I am both here."
He nodded, "I am certain the Solificati would be quite thrilled and squicked by that addendum to Teomim's process - to learn that for a successful artificial Rebis, it would be necessary to tear apart both Avatars and weld them back together... it's not a pleasant prospect. And the same would need to be done with the minds, to avoid the... somewhat split personality Teomim had."

Ir and Philippa nodded at what you said and Philippa frowned.
"That little Nephandi girl then?"
She asked Heylel looked at you befre they bent over to play with their own toes.
"They are coming for Eloine she is in danger. Walking Hawk suspect that the Nine are back, only eight though the Seer never died he became more, but his replacement would have been born.
He nodded, "Anna is Louis reincarnated - it was actually Lady Crexia who first identified her, between the girl's description of her Avatar and her marble collection... Mia confirmed it, and more practically, so did Master Steelhaven."
He arched an eyebrow at Heylel, "We'll have to find Eloine first, then, and Walking Hawk could be a useful ally in that regard... Akrites' replacement, though, that might..."
He frowned, "Perhaps it's the reincarnation of Tormod that has come to take that place?"

"We will not betray your trust Mr Wainwright."
Philippa assured you then nodded.
"Agreed the unity of the First Cabal would be invaluable and if trouble is heading this way, it might very well be we will need them. The question then is how to find them, you said you knew the identity of some of them, can you find the rest?"
He nodded, "I believe I can, but not alone. Finding Bernadette's reincarnation was a stroke of luck, and much as my future self is ready to cheat to save people, there is probably a limit to how many time loops I will be able to get away with..."
He looked at Heylel, "However, I have found someone particularly well suited to help with the search here, if they are willing... Not to worry, I am not suggesting to put them at the front, just turn to your child in an advisory capacity."

Philippa smiled at that she took Heylel and lifted the child into her lap fondly.
"Thank you for your kind words."
She said and she ruffeled the child's golden hair.
He smiled, "It's true, though... Little Heylel is the incarnation of Teomim's success - all the best aspects of them, as far as I can tell. I look forward to seeing them grow up to be a magnificent Mage."

The old Verbena nodded at that.
"You are very right Mr Wainwright being sweet and sensitive is no guarenteen but I hope all my children will grow up to be good pepole. I do worry about Heylel though there have already been incidents of hatred towards them and I have seen how other rebis have been treated in the Traditions, like the poor person over at Chantry Flamingo."
He frowned, "The residents of Chantry Flamingo have... all been wronged, in one way or another. Deaconess Darnell is a noble lady, sheltering them all... perhaps it would a politically beneficial maneuver to give Flamingo a bit of assistance with maintenance and repairs - perhaps a fund in Heylel's name? It would give people an opportunity to reexamine their attitudes, at the very least..."

Ir's eyes darkned at the mention of the activities of the Italians.
"I have heard about them."
He said gruffly.
"They will meet their end and soon, the problem is that they have managed to built up quite a powerbase for themselves so getting at them is not easy but they will go down, eventually."
He nodded, "Their powerbase is strong... but an incident a few years back has left it on unstable ground. Between one thing and another, I would not be surprised to see three Primi voluntarily resign before the end of the year... Granted, one of which would not be implicated in the troubles; the Honourable Seat of Matter, I suspect, is preparing to pass his seat over to someone he deems a better leader than himself."

"That is a possibility, and you are right no one knows how powerful that damned entity have gotten. We have a boy living at this Chantry, the Chief's own apprentice who is one of the Computer's victims, perhaps he should be examined to see if anything could be learned from that, the Chief is rather protective of the boy though."
Ir said and nodded.
"Have your future wife been examined to try to determine why the Computer refused to consume her soul. I am not sure if the Computer itself have any connection to Master Teomim though that might be a bit of a stretch."
The archmage continued.
"But worth looking into."
He shook his head, "I don't think anyone knows why Freddy was refused, but there's something eerie to it all - the way Freddy described the Computer refusing to take her Avatar was virtually identical to the description of the daughter of Lisa Larson of when she was attempted to be put into the Caul, and the Caul refused... said Caul was maid from the Larson girl's twin brother. I am not certain what it all means, but... the parallels are too striking to ignore. And you are correct, suggesting the Computer is related to Teomim is a stretch - but right now, I can't think of any better explanations than a copy of Teomim's memories as for why both Mia and I recognize Freddy, if only vaguely..."

"Agree the Italians need to be dealt with whatever or not they have any part of this prophecy the Computer can be looked into but the pair of them seam to be a more immediate threat."
Ir said and he nodded in agreement.
He nodded, "The threat from without can be dealt with more effectively when the threat from within is excised. Oh, the Fallen have numerous pawns among us, and those pawns have their own sycophantic lackeys - but at some point, they'll slip up, and we will hunt them down eventually..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27 - Page 27 Empty Re: A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27

Post by Adley Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:13 pm

Jeffry took the bottle and rose to find a cheramic tray he put it on, then he moved his hands quickly through the modern hand gestures for Perdo Vim and then Creo Ignem and white hot flame that slowly turned blue flared up around the bottle but the head was contained so you felt no heat at all, then the flames turned into primal fire and the bottle was just gone when the fire stopped. Cecilia's eyes wideded and she gave a slight whistle. "That is some finesse." She muttered and Jeffry gave her a small bow.
"Why thank you Miss Sinclair." He said as he put the chermaic plate away and sat down again. You knew your Mentor was more proud of his impressive control with magick than the sheer power of it.

"Thank you again, sir." His control was impeccable even after battling in a Labyrinth and sleeping less than he had. It was admirable, something he hoped to achieve someday.

You got to the basement the tired guards nodded to you again. You saw Henrietta coming out of the vampires' room and carefully closing the door, her hair was wet she had scrubbed herself clean of blood before visting the captive vampires, which was probably a good thing, she gave you a smile when she saw you.
"Mr Roth Hicks."

He nodded back to the guards and then to Miss Day. "Ah, just the person I was looking for. If you don't mind, my pater has requested your assistance with something in the security office."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:34 pm

"I guess I am lucky who have a brother to play with and I got cards from him."
The wpunded man said and he smiled a little.
"My brother is named...Josef Alexei...he is in collage and study economics and mathemathics he is so good with numbers...he is a good kid..."
The man said fondly.

"Economics and math? Must be a smart kid." Serge said with a smile, glad that the man was warming up to him.

The man just looked confused at you when you said a middle name made someone cool.
"A....a glass of water would be very nice."
The man muttered softly.
"I am not sure I could handle anything that tasted...strongly right now I...my senses are so strange right now."

"Strange in what way? Like...are your senses stronger? Sharper?" Serge asked carefully. The man was newly awakened and the senses could be due to his magick...or it could easily be due to Jace screwing around with his brain.

Not wanting to walk down the dreaded stairs again, Serge looked around the makeshift infirmary for the water bottles that he had brought up from the common room.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:41 pm

Anja's Post:

'Oh, I know that... just a little odd to be in a position where most others would agree off the bat, that's all.' Nicole replied, giving a little shrug.

Anja's Post:

Nicole moved around the shop with a unhurried, purposeful air; under the dust, crud and junk there was a functional workspace underneath it. First, the spray gun; checked function, flushing out the old residue with solvent and oiling the action if needed. Cleaned up the paint canister's nozzle, slotted it in and did a test-spray on something convenient, such as the car the Fallen had been working on earlier.

Looked around the room, searching a bit of wall which was well-lit and wouldn't need too much work. Grabbed the goggles and hunted out if possible a gas mask, then gave a metre-square at head height the once-over. Auto paint on wall was crap and without primer or sealant even worse, but she only needed it to hold for a few minutes.

Once done, she'll go back to collect Mr Shade, or wait for him to finish. [Whichever is first]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:52 pm

[Colin] (Morningstar 5: 30 in the afternoon)

Colin pondered for a moment, "I think they might use a different suture for internal organs, actually - something sufficiently thick and rigid as to not requiring a needle for it. I think I saw something resembling a thin fishing line more than thread used for certain stitches where aesthetics were less important than holding the edges of the wound together. In any case, they would not have left bits of needles behind - even if a piece had been broken off and missed, we would have noticed by now when checking your vitals. You are safe, I promise."

Anna started crying and she looked at you looking terrified.
"I do not know what they did to me when I was unconcious Mentor, they could have used allot of needles on me and there might be bits left of them...there might be and they might get to my brain...I don't know what they did to me."
The young girl wept shaking from fear.

He arched an eyebrow, "I thought the Swedish recipe called for mashed potatoes... all the same, I'm going to have to introduce you to my great-gran's recipe for meatballs. If you still prefer the IKEA variant, I guess I am going to have to relent... I just don't have to like it."
He winked, "All part of parenting, I suppose."

"I don't like mashed potatoes all that much Mentor, I prefer them as potatoes you know and that mashed potato powder one get in the store always ends up wet and slimy."
Anna said and griped.
"I am sure your recepie for meat balls are delicious though."

He nodded, "These things tend to go back and forth, though - we've always had moral panics and outrages like it, in some form or another; the Salem Witch Trials, the Red Scare of the fifties, Mohammed's insistence that women should not walk around topless... the greatest distinction, perhaps, is that with the internet, these demands take the form of a grassroots movement more than something masterminded by a single individual, or small group of individuals, in a position of power."

"It can be a boon, the internet puts power in the hands of the pepole Mr Wainwright but it also let hateful voices reach very far and with terrible speed."
Joakim said and frowned.
"But I guess it is what it is and there is little that can be done about that."

He frowned, "My Avatar has grown two sizes over the past few days, figuratively speaking. Under most circumstances, I'd be highly concerned about that... I should rather she settle down and rest up for a while before growing further like that..."

"Perhaps you should have yourself checked out by an expert you can trust."
Joakim suggjested. Mia gave you a little huff of indignation when you suggjest she settle down and rest up.

He nodded, "Then I will make sure you get a copy of whatever methods we get written down, as soon as we have them committed to paper. It'll take time, and it will be unpleasant, but it's certainly doable..."

Ir nodded at that.
"Thank you Mr Wainwright I do grately appriciate it."

He nodded, "I am certain the Solificati would be quite thrilled and squicked by that addendum to Teomim's process - to learn that for a successful artificial Rebis, it would be necessary to tear apart both Avatars and weld them back together... it's not a pleasant prospect. And the same would need to be done with the minds, to avoid the... somewhat split personality Teomim had."

"Well it do fit the theories of alchemical processes, but I doubt many would be willing to make such a sacrifice, then again no one have been able to create an artificial rebis since Master Teomim did, they say the process was written up in his grimoire, but no one knows where that ended up after his arrest."
Ir said and frowned.

He nodded, "Anna is Louis reincarnated - it was actually Lady Crexia who first identified her, between the girl's description of her Avatar and her marble collection... Mia confirmed it, and more practically, so did Master Steelhaven."

"Master Du Monte was a powerful mage, I remember going into combat with him once...and loosing."
The old Hermetic said.
"A skilled mage and an honorable Quesitor and now he is reborn, guard her well then, this little Nephandi child for she is a little tresure."

He arched an eyebrow at Heylel, "We'll have to find Eloine first, then, and Walking Hawk could be a useful ally in that regard... Akrites' replacement, though, that might..."
He frowned, "Perhaps it's the reincarnation of Tormod that has come to take that place?"

"I do not know who the Seer's replacement will be. Walking Hawk you will meet but Eloine, beautiful Eloine she needs help, the darkness are coming for her."
Heylel said and the child looked up at you whith those perfect blue eyes.

He nodded, "I believe I can, but not alone. Finding Bernadette's reincarnation was a stroke of luck, and much as my future self is ready to cheat to save people, there is probably a limit to how many time loops I will be able to get away with..."

"Time magick are tricky so there is indeed probably a limit."
Ir said and nodded.
"We will see if you can get the cooperation of Sister Bernadette's reincarnation in your endavor then."

He looked at Heylel, "However, I have found someone particularly well suited to help with the search here, if they are willing... Not to worry, I am not suggesting to put them at the front, just turn to your child in an advisory capacity."

"As long as the child is not put in danger that is agreeable."
Philippa said though she sounded a ltitle concerned.
"I will help you."
Heylel said and looked up at you again.
"I will help you find them."

He smiled, "It's true, though... Little Heylel is the incarnation of Teomim's success - all the best aspects of them, as far as I can tell. I look forward to seeing them grow up to be a magnificent Mage."

"I hope you are right Mr Wainwright but I will be content to see them grrow up safe and happy to do with their life as they please, if however they become a powerful mage as well then off course I would be proud of them, but the most important thing is their happiness."
Philippa said and she kissed her child's golden locks fondly.

He frowned, "The residents of Chantry Flamingo have... all been wronged, in one way or another. Deaconess Darnell is a noble lady, sheltering them all... perhaps it would a politically beneficial maneuver to give Flamingo a bit of assistance with maintenance and repairs - perhaps a fund in Heylel's name? It would give people an opportunity to reexamine their attitudes, at the very least..."

Philippa considered then she nodded.
"I might be able to arange for that Mr Wainwright and yes Deaconess Darknell is a noble lady she gives her Chantrymates a home and a chance to get their lives back together, offering some help in that endavor in my child's name might indeed be a good thing."

He nodded, "Their powerbase is strong... but an incident a few years back has left it on unstable ground. Between one thing and another, I would not be surprised to see three Primi voluntarily resign before the end of the year... Granted, one of which would not be implicated in the troubles; the Honourable Seat of Matter, I suspect, is preparing to pass his seat over to someone he deems a better leader than himself."

"Three Primi oh my that will send shockwaves through the Traditions."
Philippa said.
"But yes when it comes to Dr Spence, the last few times I have seen him he have looked pale and tired, he is a shy, introverted man the burdens of leadership have never suited him well so perhaps for him passing the torch would be the best option."
She said then she sigh.
"But for the other two you play a dangerous game Mr Wainwright."

He shook his head, "I don't think anyone knows why Freddy was refused, but there's something eerie to it all - the way Freddy described the Computer refusing to take her Avatar was virtually identical to the description of the daughter of Lisa Larson of when she was attempted to be put into the Caul, and the Caul refused... said Caul was maid from the Larson girl's twin brother. I am not certain what it all means, but... the parallels are too striking to ignore. And you are correct, suggesting the Computer is related to Teomim is a stretch - but right now, I can't think of any better explanations than a copy of Teomim's memories as for why both Mia and I recognize Freddy, if only vaguely..."

"It is still to much of a stretch Master Teomim knew allot of pepole before their death, Miss Adlebloom could be any of them why would you recognizing her be any indication that the computer do? However that she was refused as a sacrifice is interesting and it would have been a boon to know why that is so."
Ir said.
"And you are right Mr Wainwright it is creepy also indeed sometimes Cauls have been shown to retain some smale sliver of who they where, enough to spare a sibling perhaps but if the Computer reacted to Miss Adlebloom int he same way...that is hard to say."

He nodded, "The threat from without can be dealt with more effectively when the threat from within is excised. Oh, the Fallen have numerous pawns among us, and those pawns have their own sycophantic lackeys - but at some point, they'll slip up, and we will hunt them down eventually..."

"An internal threat is always a greater danger and yes the Nephandi have pawns everywhere, that I remember from my time among them...trying to take such powerful pawns down though will take some doing."
Ir said and frowned.

[Adley] (Steelhaven at 4 in the afternoon.)

"Thank you again, sir." His control was impeccable even after battling in a Labyrinth and sleeping less than he had. It was admirable, something he hoped to achieve someday.

"It was no bother."
Jeffry said and he sat down and sipped his tea before offering Cecilia a cup, he smield a ltitle though, the old Flambeau was proud of his finesse with magick.

He nodded back to the guards and then to Miss Day. "Ah, just the person I was looking for. If you don't mind, my pater has requested your assistance with something in the security office."

Henrietta looked at you then she nodded.
"Yes off course I will head up to the Chief right now."
She agreed.
"The vampires are sleeping as peacefully as they can in their current condition though, just in case you where wondering."
She informed you.
"Well then if there where nothing further I should go and see what Master Morgan wanted."

[Serge] (Steelhaven at 4 in the afternoon.)

"Economics and math? Must be a smart kid." Serge said with a smile, glad that the man was warming up to him.

"He is...way smarter than me, I mean I am just a clerk at a hobby store, and I earn a bit on the side from an etsy store I run...but my brother now he is going to change lives one day."
The wounded man said proudly.

"Strange in what way? Like...are your senses stronger? Sharper?" Serge asked carefully. The man was newly awakened and the senses could be due to his magick...or it could easily be due to Jace screwing around with his brain.

"Yes my senses are stronger and sharper and I see colors, colors around pepole."
The man said and he sounded scared.
"What is wrong with me?"
He asked and looked up at you.

Not wanting to walk down the dreaded stairs again, Serge looked around the makeshift infirmary for the water bottles that he had brought up from the common room.

You found the bottles of water and some cups standing on a nearby table.

[Nicole] (In the old auto shop at 4 in the afternoon.)

'Oh, I know that... just a little odd to be in a position where most others would agree off the bat, that's all.' Nicole replied, giving a little shrug.

The Technocrat nodded and looked at you.
"This is a tough world Miss at times one have to make horrible choices to survive or to save those we care about or for other reasons, but we each have to find our path through this shitty world we live in, for among all the shit there is good things as well. Also you are helping me Miss so you can't be all bad eh."
He said and he offered you a thin, tired smile.

Nicole moved around the shop with a unhurried, purposeful air; under the dust, crud and junk there was a functional workspace underneath it. First, the spray gun; checked function, flushing out the old residue with solvent and oiling the action if needed. Cleaned up the paint canister's nozzle, slotted it in and did a test-spray on something convenient, such as the car the Fallen had been working on earlier.

You got the equipment sorted out and gave the car a nice, white stripe that the owner where sure to love. Everything did seam to work as it should though.

Looked around the room, searching a bit of wall which was well-lit and wouldn't need too much work. Grabbed the goggles and hunted out if possible a gas mask, then gave a metre-square at head height the once-over. Auto paint on wall was crap and without primer or sealant even worse, but she only needed it to hold for a few minutes.

You found a proper bit of wall in the back of the room and sprayed it white, the paint would not last long but it would work for a background for the Technocrat's picture. You found a simple mask as well, one intended to use while applaying spray paint.

Once done, she'll go back to collect Mr Shade, or wait for him to finish. [Whichever is first]

The Technocrat walked out of the bathroom just as you came to collect him, he looked a little better now that he had cleaned himself up a bit though he still needed other clothes than the blanket he was wrapped in. The man looked tired though, with all that had happened to him he needed rest, but there would be some time before he could get any.

(OOC: Sorry for the late reply with an hour long post to write I had to wait until it got a little colder as sitting with a hot PC on my lap for a hour in the heat in the middle of the day would get a bit uncomfortable. Also I am sorry if my post is not to well written this heat makes it really hard for me to be creative.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:14 am

[Morningstar, 5 PM]
Anna started crying and she looked at you looking terrified.
"I do not know what they did to me when I was unconcious Mentor, they could have used allot of needles on me and there might be bits left of them...there might be and they might get to my brain...I don't know what they did to me."
The young girl wept shaking from fear.
Colin shook his head, "We would have known if there were any metal bits left inside you, I'm positive. But if it can help you calm down, I'll take an extra look..."
He fished out his Time monocle and fixed it against his eye socket, muttering a quick "Chirurgiae praeteritae et metallia spectare," focusing on when Anna was rolled into surgery, to track every single bit of metal stuck into her skin.

((OOC: Arete roll for this T2C2Ma1 effect: 2,6,8. Hopefully, that'll be enough to track all the needles used on Anna, even if trying to fast-forward through the surgery...))

"I don't like mashed potatoes all that much Mentor, I prefer them as potatoes you know and that mashed potato powder one get in the store always ends up wet and slimy."
Anna said and griped.
"I am sure your recepie for meat balls are delicious though."
He nodded, "Proper mash is made from whole potatoes... Takes a little longer, requires a little more muscle, but generally winds up far tastier, and with more texture to it... You're going to get to try that, at least, though I guess I am going to have to learn how to make pasta from scratch, too..."

"Perhaps you should have yourself checked out by an expert you can trust."
Joakim suggjested. Mia gave you a little huff of indignation when you suggjest she settle down and rest up.
He smiled wryly, "I've already called for another examination by Master Telar, seeing as I... did something unusually dangerous to tear down the Boston Caul. I don't expect much outright trouble, since the Quaesitor who will be investigating my state doesn't actively hate me, but all the same, it will be good to have another comparative scan in place..."

"Well it do fit the theories of alchemical processes, but I doubt many would be willing to make such a sacrifice, then again no one have been able to create an artificial rebis since Master Teomim did, they say the process was written up in his grimoire, but no one knows where that ended up after his arrest."
Ir said and frowned.
He smiled thinly, "Almost no one knows... It's a bit complicated, but I think I know precisely where the Grimoire was hidden... even if I myself cannot grasp it for now. Suffice to say, Teomim left it to their children."

"Master Du Monte was a powerful mage, I remember going into combat with him once...and loosing."
The old Hermetic said.
"A skilled mage and an honorable Quesitor and now he is reborn, guard her well then, this little Nephandi child for she is a little tresure."
He smiled, "I have seen the future. Well, futures, plural. She is a grand treasure. And pretty swift and powerful in her own right, even now. Very good at countermagic."

"I do not know who the Seer's replacement will be. Walking Hawk you will meet but Eloine, beautiful Eloine she needs help, the darkness are coming for her."
Heylel said and the child looked up at you whith those perfect blue eyes.
He nodded, "Do you know where I should start the search for Eloine, then?"

"Time magick are tricky so there is indeed probably a limit."
Ir said and nodded.
"We will see if you can get the cooperation of Sister Bernadette's reincarnation in your endavor then."
He nodded, "At the very least, I believe she will give me the time of day to listen, seeing as I did give up my own emergency escape to get her out of the Boston Labyrinth - I just hope she's not too traumatized by the torture she suffered there."

"As long as the child is not put in danger that is agreeable."
Philippa said though she sounded a ltitle concerned.
"I will help you."
Heylel said and looked up at you again.
"I will help you find them."
He smiled, "I would never want to risk endangering Heylel. They're a sensitive child, and it seems they can sense the currents of Fate clearly enough from behind the wards here... I will not risk dragging them out from the safety of Morningstar."
He nodded, closing his eyes for a moment, "Thank you, Heylel."

"I hope you are right Mr Wainwright but I will be content to see them grrow up safe and happy to do with their life as they please, if however they become a powerful mage as well then off course I would be proud of them, but the most important thing is their happiness."
Philippa said and she kissed her child's golden locks fondly.
He nodded, "Power on its own is overrated anyway... Useful, but hardly inherently conductive to happiness."

Philippa considered then she nodded.
"I might be able to arange for that Mr Wainwright and yes Deaconess Darknell is a noble lady she gives her Chantrymates a home and a chance to get their lives back together, offering some help in that endavor in my child's name might indeed be a good thing."
He smiled, "Do let me know; I will make a donation."

"Three Primi oh my that will send shockwaves through the Traditions."
Philippa said.
"But yes when it comes to Dr Spence, the last few times I have seen him he have looked pale and tired, he is a shy, introverted man the burdens of leadership have never suited him well so perhaps for him passing the torch would be the best option."
She said then she sigh.
"But for the other two you play a dangerous game Mr Wainwright."
He nodded, "Admiral Hastings ascending to the Seat of Matter will probably not be particularly shocking; I expect Dr. Spence has made preparations to ensure a smooth transition for some time - he seems a particularly well organized individual, after all. The two others... the sins of the past are about to come back to bite them. I hope they will be offered amnesty in exchange for their peaceful resignation, or face the trial and punishment, with the associated disgrace to their Traditions and Houses, for an illegal Gilgul... If the former, the upheaval should be manageable. If the latter... the First Cabal will be needed more than ever. As for my playing a dangerous game - I find it somewhat exhilarating, reminiscent of aerial combat, like a scenario where I bait hostile aircraft into a kill zone... Of course, last time I was involved in live aerial combat, I got shot down, so I'll not be working under the assumption that I won't get hurt... but if I can keep the attention of the ones we're working against while older and more politically and magically powerful Magi can get into position for the kill... it'll be worth it."
He smiled thinly, "Besides, I've got reason to believe my Avatar can't be gilguled this time - for reasons similar to yours," he nodded to Ir, "and I can't allow myself to get killed, Freddy would murder me in all sorts of inventive ways if I let that happen."

"It is still to much of a stretch Master Teomim knew allot of pepole before their death, Miss Adlebloom could be any of them why would you recognizing her be any indication that the computer do? However that she was refused as a sacrifice is interesting and it would have been a boon to know why that is so."
Ir said.
"And you are right Mr Wainwright it is creepy also indeed sometimes Cauls have been shown to retain some smale sliver of who they where, enough to spare a sibling perhaps but if the Computer reacted to Miss Adlebloom int he same way...that is hard to say."
He shook his head, "That I recognize her somehow is no proof that the Computer does. That the Computer vocally and physically refused to eat her Avatar is fairly compelling, though."
He pondered for a moment, "If anyone could help determine the connection between Freddy, me and the Computer, though, I think it might be Master Dante. And i know just the person to ask to arrange an audience, in due time."

"An internal threat is always a greater danger and yes the Nephandi have pawns everywhere, that I remember from my time among them...trying to take such powerful pawns down though will take some doing."
Ir said and frowned.
He nodded, "They've been working in the shadows for some time... but they were not prepared for the return of the Twin Suns, and that's the funny thing about sunlight... it dispels the shadows in its path, whether by accident or design. Much of their power lies in secrecy - and when those secrets are exposed..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:40 am

Anja's Post:

'Well, you do the job in front of you.' returning the thin smile, nodding towards the bathroom and leaving Mr Shade to clean up himself.

Anja's Post:

'Graduated to "night in the drunk tank", I see.' Nicole replied in a deadpan tone, ending with a little grin; perfectly aware she couldn't be far off that condition herself, what with the torn clothing, dust, blood, sweat and now a light splattering of white dots from the paint.

'Next stop; your photo.' gesturing him to follow her back into the workshop.

[No worries; spent today at work myself so I'm not firing on 100% either...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:52 am

[Colin] (Morningstar 5:30 in the afternoon)

Colin shook his head, "We would have known if there were any metal bits left inside you, I'm positive. But if it can help you calm down, I'll take an extra look..."
He fished out his Time monocle and fixed it against his eye socket, muttering a quick "Chirurgiae praeteritae et metallia spectare," focusing on when Anna was rolled into surgery, to track every single bit of metal stuck into her skin.

Anna sobbed but she nodded. You saw her rolled into surgery, her finger where pricked to find out her blood type. Two IVs was started with difficulty and several tries, one to give her blood and the other to make sure she was under. She was given a shot of something you do not really know what and the bullet was looked for. The doctors found that after all the damage was not as bad as they had feared and using the thread you had earlier described she was closed up inside a regular needle and thread was used to close up her skin. When taking her of the anestetic the vein holding one of the IVs collapsed and it was removed, the doctor descuded that starting a new one was not needed at that time and she was taken to let her wake up, her finger where pricked again to examine her blood oxygen level and she was given another shot and left on a drip of fluids and antibiotics.

He nodded, "Proper mash is made from whole potatoes... Takes a little longer, requires a little more muscle, but generally winds up far tastier, and with more texture to it... You're going to get to try that, at least, though I guess I am going to have to learn how to make pasta from scratch, too..."

"I can try it I guess."
Anna said and wrinkeled her nose.
"One can make pasta from scratch? What is it made of?"

He smiled wryly, "I've already called for another examination by Master Telar, seeing as I... did something unusually dangerous to tear down the Boston Caul. I don't expect much outright trouble, since the Quaesitor who will be investigating my state doesn't actively hate me, but all the same, it will be good to have another comparative scan in place..."

Joakim just nodded at that.
"Good to hear it is important to be safe, and somehow you doing something dangerous do not suprise me much my good man."
He added with a smile.

He smiled thinly, "Almost no one knows... It's a bit complicated, but I think I know precisely where the Grimoire was hidden... even if I myself cannot grasp it for now. Suffice to say, Teomim left it to their children."

Philippa raised and eyebrow at that and Ir nodded.
"They embedded it in the children's Avatars then...I have suspected that for a while, well it is a brilliant hiding place, the question then is more if one really should look for the grimoire or if the secret should stay buried."
The archmage muttered and he folded his long fingers as he regarded you.

He smiled, "I have seen the future. Well, futures, plural. She is a grand treasure. And pretty swift and powerful in her own right, even now. Very good at countermagic."

"Well Master Du Monte was skilled in that art as well, something that is most useful for a Quesitor."
Ir said and nodded.
"The best of luck with the girl Mr Wainwright."

He nodded, "Do you know where I should start the search for Eloine, then?"

"On Horizon...you will go there soon."
Heylel said and looked at you.

He nodded, "At the very least, I believe she will give me the time of day to listen, seeing as I did give up my own emergency escape to get her out of the Boston Labyrinth - I just hope she's not too traumatized by the torture she suffered there."

"Well torture is something the Nephandi is good at, not getting information from torture off course that recuire a delicate touch but causing suffering that...they are good at...I hope as well that her mind have not become to damaged, she is being treated in your Chantry then?"
Ir said and his eyes darkened a little at the mention of the torture the Nephandi enjoyed inflicting on their prisoners.

He smiled, "I would never want to risk endangering Heylel. They're a sensitive child, and it seems they can sense the currents of Fate clearly enough from behind the wards here... I will not risk dragging them out from the safety of Morningstar."

Philippa nodded at that.
"Then I have no objections Mr Wainwright."
She said.
"Well our other two children will be back soon, would you like a cup of tea and a slice of cake before Mary Elisabeth eats it all?"
She asked and indicated the strawberry log cake on the table.

He nodded, closing his eyes for a moment, "Thank you, Heylel."

The rebis child just nodded at that and went back to playing with their own toes they glanced at the cake though, they wanted some of that as well.

He nodded, "Power on its own is overrated anyway... Useful, but hardly inherently conductive to happiness."

"This is very true."
Philippa said and nodded.

He smiled, "Do let me know; I will make a donation."

"I will let you know I am sure I can have such a fund set up fairly quickly."
The old Verbena said and nodded.

He nodded, "Admiral Hastings ascending to the Seat of Matter will probably not be particularly shocking; I expect Dr. Spence has made preparations to ensure a smooth transition for some time - he seems a particularly well organized individual, after all.

"That he have as he have long been aware that there is only a matter of time before his mental health force him to retire."
"And Admiral Hastings will be a breath of fresh air on the Council, for far to long they have been content to sit and do nothing, she will shake them up a bit."

The two others... the sins of the past are about to come back to bite them. I hope they will be offered amnesty in exchange for their peaceful resignation, or face the trial and punishment, with the associated disgrace to their Traditions and Houses, for an illegal Gilgul... If the former, the upheaval should be manageable.

"They performed an unsactioned Gilgul?"
Ir asked angrily.
"Which one of the nine did such a crime?"
He demanded.

If the latter... the First Cabal will be needed more than ever.

"I agree, they will be to perserve unity in the Traditions."
Philippa said and nodded the old Verbena looked rather concerned.

As for my playing a dangerous game - I find it somewhat exhilarating, reminiscent of aerial combat, like a scenario where I bait hostile aircraft into a kill zone... Of course, last time I was involved in live aerial combat, I got shot down, so I'll not be working under the assumption that I won't get hurt... but if I can keep the attention of the ones we're working against while older and more politically and magically powerful Magi can get into position for the kill... it'll be worth it."
He smiled thinly, "Besides, I've got reason to believe my Avatar can't be gilguled this time - for reasons similar to yours," he nodded to Ir, "and I can't allow myself to get killed, Freddy would murder me in all sorts of inventive ways if I let that happen."

"I will not allow myself to be harmed again."
Mia said firmly in your soul. Ir gave you a grunt at that but then he grinned.
"It seams you have found yourself a good woman then Mr Wainwright."
He commented then Philippa said.
"Good luck with what you are doing Mr Wainwright me and my husband will help if we can."
Heylel looked up at you.
"You fly aircrafts?"
They asked.
"Is that fun?"

He shook his head, "That I recognize her somehow is no proof that the Computer does. That the Computer vocally and physically refused to eat her Avatar is fairly compelling, though."

"Perhaps she have the wrong Resonence or the wrong Essence that I refuse one apple out of a basket do not have to mean I know that apple personally."
Ir said plainly. Philippa frowned at that.
"Honey do not compare Awakened Avatars of food please it is disturbing."

He pondered for a moment, "If anyone could help determine the connection between Freddy, me and the Computer, though, I think it might be Master Dante. And i know just the person to ask to arrange an audience, in due time."

"Well I can not deny that that man is skilled."
Ir said.
"If you can get into contact with Master Dante then he might indeed be just the right man to ask."

He nodded, "They've been working in the shadows for some time... but they were not prepared for the return of the Twin Suns, and that's the funny thing about sunlight... it dispels the shadows in its path, whether by accident or design. Much of their power lies in secrecy - and when those secrets are exposed..."

Heylel looked up at you and smiled to that but they had no time to speak for just then Elisabeth and her brother came running back into the living room.
"Cake!"
The little girl declared. Philippa smiled.
"Yes dear you shall have some but first we serve our guest, be polite and sit down."
She said and the two children sat down in the sofa.

'Well, you do the job in front of you.' returning the thin smile, nodding towards the bathroom and leaving Mr Shade to clean up himself.

"This is true...it is all one can do."
The Techhnocrat said and he nodded in agreement as he went to the bathroom.

'Graduated to "night in the drunk tank", I see.' Nicole replied in a deadpan tone, ending with a little grin; perfectly aware she couldn't be far off that condition herself, what with the torn clothing, dust, blood, sweat and now a light splattering of white dots from the paint.

"Yes well at least a night in the drunk tank usually entail a very fun evening beforehand. I would rather drink myself silly and wake up in a cell with one shoe and a tutu than..."
The man said and his eyes darkened again as the memory of what the Nephandi did to him came unbidden and he shook his head to get rid of it.

Next stop; your photo.' gesturing him to follow her back into the workshop.

The Technocrat nodded and followed you into the workshop.
"For false papers?"
He asked as he got up against the freshly painted wall, still with the blanket wrapped around him.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:02 am

"Yes my senses are stronger and sharper and I see colors, colors around pepole."
The man said and he sounded scared.
"What is wrong with me?"
He asked and looked up at you.

"Nothing is wrong with you...nothing at all. The fact that you can see those colors makes you special. Special in a good way." Serge said with a smile.

"I can see those colors as well. Can you see them now? Tell me, when you look at the women beside me, what colors do you see? he asked pointing towards Allison. "If I'm right you should see orange or silver or a mixture of both."

Serge had just described the aura colors of fear and sadness. Two emotions that Allison should be feeling quite a lot of after being surrounded by so much pain and suffering.

You found the bottles of water and some cups standing on a nearby table.

Serge got some water and poured in a cup. He brought it carefully to the Paul and placed it next to him.

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:07 am

Henrietta looked at you then she nodded. "Yes off course I will head up to the Chief right now." She agreed. "The vampires are sleeping as peacefully as they can in their current condition though, just in case you where wondering."She informed you. "Well then if there where nothing further I should go and see what Master Morgan wanted."

"Thank you for letting me know," he said to her with a nod. Then, since he was so close by anyway, he decided to drop Colin's door key back off with Freddy before doubling around to the node chamber where Master Nassa was, with Beatrice and Tobius.

// all good

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:35 am

"Thank you for letting me know," he said to her with a nod. Then, since he was so close by anyway, he decided to drop Colin's door key back off with Freddy before doubling around to the node chamber where Master Nassa was, with Beatrice and Tobius.

Freddy was still watching over your brother the younger mage was sleeping peacefully in her care. Freddy accepted the key back with a few muttered plesentries and then you where off towards the Node chamber.

Bruce was standing gruard by the Node he gave you a nod.
"I have to ask you to hand over your weapon before you enter as usual."
He grunted.
"I hear we won at the Labyrinth I am sorry I was put on guard duty."

"Nothing is wrong with you...nothing at all. The fact that you can see those colors makes you special. Special in a good way." Serge said with a smile.

"I can see those colors as well. Can you see them now? Tell me, when you look at the women beside me, what colors do you see? he asked pointing towards Allison. "If I'm right you should see orange or silver or a mixture of both."

Serge had just described the aura colors of fear and sadness. Two emotions that Allison should be feeling quite a lot of after being surrounded by so much pain and suffering.

Special...I do not understand."
The newly Awakened man said, he did as biden though and looked at Allison.
"Yes there is silver but not really any orange but there is allot of pink."
Paul said.
"But everyone have colors around them. What am I seeing?"

Serge got some water and poured in a cup. He brought it carefully to the Paul and placed it next to him.

Paul tried to take the glass but sitting up and moving his hand was to much right now, so Allison gently supported his head by putting a hand under his pillow and held the glass for him. Paul took some sips of water.
"Thank you."
He said to both of you.
He wispered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:40 pm

[Morningstar, 5 PM]
Anna sobbed but she nodded. You saw her rolled into surgery, her finger where pricked to find out her blood type. Two IVs was started with difficulty and several tries, one to give her blood and the other to make sure she was under. She was given a shot of something you do not really know what and the bullet was looked for. The doctors found that after all the damage was not as bad as they had feared and using the thread you had earlier described she was closed up inside a regular needle and thread was used to close up her skin. When taking her of the anestetic the vein holding one of the IVs collapsed and it was removed, the doctor descuded that starting a new one was not needed at that time and she was taken to let her wake up, her finger where pricked again to examine her blood oxygen level and she was given another shot and left on a drip of fluids and antibiotics.
Colin watched with a serious expression, keeping an eye on every needle used, then finally cracked into a small smile, "No bits of metal were left inside you, no needles broke, they essentially just stitched you up as I described, and tried to top you up with fluids and antibiotics through the IV tube you later pulled out... and that didn't leave any metal particles, either."

"I can try it I guess."
Anna said and wrinkeled her nose.
"One can make pasta from scratch? What is it made of?"
He grinned, "Mostly wheat, I believe. I'll have to look it up, though."

Joakim just nodded at that.
"Good to hear it is important to be safe, and somehow you doing something dangerous do not suprise me much my good man."
He added with a smile.
He nodded, frowning, "I was left with few options, none of them good; something emerged from the Caul and started killing people - there was no time to waste to sever the connection..."

Philippa raised and eyebrow at that and Ir nodded.
"They embedded it in the children's Avatars then...I have suspected that for a while, well it is a brilliant hiding place, the question then is more if one really should look for the grimoire or if the secret should stay buried."
The archmage muttered and he folded his long fingers as he regarded you.
He smiled wryly, "Well, I intend to do my part to protect the kids from treasure hunters, as such... but I will support any decision they come to in regards to the Grimoire's fate. They are good kids, and I'll trust their judgment."

"Well Master Du Monte was skilled in that art as well, something that is most useful for a Quesitor."
Ir said and nodded.
"The best of luck with the girl Mr Wainwright."
He smiled, "Thank you, I will pass on your regards to her."

"Well torture is something the Nephandi is good at, not getting information from torture off course that recuire a delicate touch but causing suffering that...they are good at...I hope as well that her mind have not become to damaged, she is being treated in your Chantry then?"
Ir said and his eyes darkened a little at the mention of the torture the Nephandi enjoyed inflicting on their prisoners.
He nodded, "There's not been time to move her elsewhere yet, and I've asked a friend to keep an eye on her until I get back."

Philippa nodded at that.
"Then I have no objections Mr Wainwright."
She said.
"Well our other two children will be back soon, would you like a cup of tea and a slice of cake before Mary Elisabeth eats it all?"
She asked and indicated the strawberry log cake on the table.
He smiled, "That sounds delicious, thank you."

"I will let you know I am sure I can have such a fund set up fairly quickly."
The old Verbena said and nodded.
He nodded, "And purchasing a few two-by-fours, some planks and some roof tiles should not be the most financially exhausting purpose, either... and even if the foundations are decayed, that's nothing a little magic can't fix, even without taking the building apart."

"That he have as he have long been aware that there is only a matter of time before his mental health force him to retire."
"And Admiral Hastings will be a breath of fresh air on the Council, for far to long they have been content to sit and do nothing, she will shake them up a bit."
He smiled, "Yes, the Prima of the Children of Ether will make some impressive upgrades to the Horizon defense fleet, among other things."

"They performed an unsactioned Gilgul?"
Ir asked angrily.
"Which one of the nine did such a crime?"
He demanded.
He shook his head, "Worse... they did not perform it, just passed the sentence on a former widderslainte... only the Seats of Forces and Prime in attendance for the trial. And to make it worse, it was one of the Italians who served as prosecutor. That one case alone is going to cause a hellish shitstorm for those two Primi... unless they voluntarily resign; if that happens, it might be possible to avoid staining both their Traditions with the fallout."

"I will not allow myself to be harmed again."
Mia said firmly in your soul. Ir gave you a grunt at that but then he grinned.
"It seams you have found yourself a good woman then Mr Wainwright."
He commented then Philippa said.
"Good luck with what you are doing Mr Wainwright me and my husband will help if we can."
Heylel looked up at you.
"You fly aircrafts?"
They asked.
"Is that fun?"
He grinned, patting his chest lightly, "Two good women, I should say, and both found me. I must have done something right in my previous life, I guess..."
He nodded to Heylel, "I fly helicopters, mostly, though I could handle small airplanes as well. And it's freedom like you'd never otherwise know, soaring high above the world and looking down at the chaos and serenity of people going to and from work, playing outside, sunbathing if the weather allows, and so on..."
He chuckled softly, "It's a bit funny, there's one uncorrupted Nephandi Battlecruiser out there, convinced that our mutual love of flying means I am a baby polyp... I didn't quite have the heart to deprive him of that notion."

"Perhaps she have the wrong Resonence or the wrong Essence that I refuse one apple out of a basket do not have to mean I know that apple personally."
Ir said plainly. Philippa frowned at that.
"Honey do not compare Awakened Avatars of food please it is disturbing."
He shook his head, "I don't think that simile works... I would have to research further, but I don't think there would be any other accounts of the Computer refusing someone like that..."

"Well I can not deny that that man is skilled."
Ir said.
"If you can get into contact with Master Dante then he might indeed be just the right man to ask."
He nodded, "I'd have to ask his apprentice. Though, said apprentice might be a bit touchy about the subject; he's expressed a few concerns about living in his Mentor's shadow, despite being a genius himself... I can hardly blame him for that."

Heylel looked up at you and smiled to that but they had no time to speak for just then Elisabeth and her brother came running back into the living room.
"Cake!"
The little girl declared. Philippa smiled.
"Yes dear you shall have some but first we serve our guest, be polite and sit down."
She said and the two children sat down in the sofa.
He grinned and leaned back in the chair, looking to Philippa, "So, with the urgent things properly discussed, I fear I may need some horticultural advice soon... I have a rare rose bush, grown from a cutting I received over 25 years ago... I fear its natural lifespan is likely to come to an end soon, and I was hoping someone of your particular talents might be able to give me some recommendations as to how I might give it a few more decades of good health..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:27 pm

[Colin] (Morningstar 5:30 in the afternoon)

Colin watched with a serious expression, keeping an eye on every needle used, then finally cracked into a small smile, "No bits of metal were left inside you, no needles broke, they essentially just stitched you up as I described, and tried to top you up with fluids and antibiotics through the IV tube you later pulled out... and that didn't leave any metal particles, either."

"Are you absolutely sure Mentor?"
Anna asked still a bit nervous.
"Sometimes the needles my Mentor used broke inside of the prisoners when he put their backs full of them and then whipped them."
The young mage protested.
"And I have heard it can happen."
Harmony shook her head.
"Not if the one who are using them know what they are doing and do not try to do harm. The only times I have ever hears of a needle breaking of in someone's arm have been when untrained apotocary staff give vaccinations, which are legal in some states and they jab in to hard and hit bone. For stitcher or an IV you have soft tissue vs metal and then the metal is going to win, also for the IV the needles is covered in a silicone tube so even if it broke it would not go anywhere."
The Cultist said and Anna looked a little relieved and she scratched at the bruise on her hand.
"Is that right Mentor? It could not have broken off?"
She asked.

He grinned, "Mostly wheat, I believe. I'll have to look it up, though."

"If you put blueberries in the mix can you then get blue spagetti Mentor? For that would be really cool."
Anna asked and she cocked her head to the side and glanced up at you.

He nodded, frowning, "I was left with few options, none of them good; something emerged from the Caul and started killing people - there was no time to waste to sever the connection..."

Joakim paled a little.
"I see, and you are sure you did not...Fall from that experience?"
He asked.

He smiled wryly, "Well, I intend to do my part to protect the kids from treasure hunters, as such... but I will support any decision they come to in regards to the Grimoire's fate. They are good kids, and I'll trust their judgment."

"You have found Master Teomim's heirs?"
Ir said and raised an eyebrow.
"Now that is a secret you should be careful about mentioning to loudly.

He smiled, "Thank you, I will pass on your regards to her."

Ir nodded at that.

He nodded, "There's not been time to move her elsewhere yet, and I've asked a friend to keep an eye on her until I get back."

Again the old archmage just nodded to your words.

He smiled, "That sounds delicious, thank you."

Philippa put Heylel down onto the sofa and cut a slie of the home made cake for you.
"How do you take your tea Mr Wainwright?"
She asked.

He nodded, "And purchasing a few two-by-fours, some planks and some roof tiles should not be the most financially exhausting purpose, either... and even if the foundations are decayed, that's nothing a little magic can't fix, even without taking the building apart."

"I am sure we an arrange for Chantry Flamingo's roof being repaired properly."
Philippa agreed.
"And yes magick can be used to make sure the foundations are sound."

He smiled, "Yes, the Prima of the Children of Ether will make some impressive upgrades to the Horizon defense fleet, among other things."

"A new name for the Etherites? Well it is about time and yes I am sure Admiral Hastings will do a great job as the new Prima of her Tradition."
Philippa said and smiled.

He shook his head, "Worse... they did not perform it, just passed the sentence on a former widderslainte... only the Seats of Forces and Prime in attendance for the trial. And to make it worse, it was one of the Italians who served as prosecutor. That one case alone is going to cause a hellish shitstorm for those two Primi... unless they voluntarily resign; if that happens, it might be possible to avoid staining both their Traditions with the fallout."

"That is rather troubleing, the bastard Tytalus I can see...but the Chorister...hum well if they are guilty of what you claim Mr Wainwright then they both deserve to pay for their rimes."
Ir said angrily.
"Avatars are precious they should not be harmed. However yes I guess we have to try to make sure the fallout from such treatchery do not bury the Order of Hermetis or the Celstial Chorus."

He grinned, patting his chest lightly, "Two good women, I should say, and both found me. I must have done something right in my previous life, I guess..."

Mia smiled slightly inside your soul, you could notice her warmth there.
"You have to take good care of them then Mr Wainwright."
Philippa said softly.

He nodded to Heylel, "I fly helicopters, mostly, though I could handle small airplanes as well. And it's freedom like you'd never otherwise know, soaring high above the world and looking down at the chaos and serenity of people going to and from work, playing outside, sunbathing if the weather allows, and so on..."
He chuckled softly, "It's a bit funny, there's one uncorrupted Nephandi Battlecruiser out there, convinced that our mutual love of flying means I am a baby polyp... I didn't quite have the heart to deprive him of that notion."

"That sounds like it would be very fun. I would like to fly one day."
Heylel said and smiled.
"A Nephandi Battlecruiser? Not all of them are evil...they to just want to live free where they belong, but the Nephandi enslave them."
The rebis child whispered.

He shook his head, "I don't think that simile works... I would have to research further, but I don't think there would be any other accounts of the Computer refusing someone like that..."

"I have not heard of it happening either, but we are going to have to do some reaserch to find out more about it before jumping to conclusions."
Ir said and frowned.

He nodded, "I'd have to ask his apprentice. Though, said apprentice might be a bit touchy about the subject; he's expressed a few concerns about living in his Mentor's shadow, despite being a genius himself... I can hardly blame him for that."

"I an certinly understand that when one have a teacher that famous it is easy to get trapped in their shadow. Good luck with getting an audience with Master Dante, I hear he is a fair man, a bit on the strange side, but fair."

He grinned and leaned back in the chair, looking to Philippa, "So, with the urgent things properly discussed, I fear I may need some horticultural advice soon... I have a rare rose bush, grown from a cutting I received over 25 years ago... I fear its natural lifespan is likely to come to an end soon, and I was hoping someone of your particular talents might be able to give me some recommendations as to how I might give it a few more decades of good health..."

The old Verbena smiled as she cut up cake slickes and handed them out along with tea, and juice for the children.
"I might be able to help you there Mr Wainwright I can create a fertilizer that you add to the rose bush's water, this should reverse it's aging and keep it young and healthy, I can whip you up a batch after tea."
Philippa offered as she reminded Mary Elisabeth to slow down and sit still as the little girl was getting quite exited as she was handed a piece of cake.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:54 pm

[Morningstar, 5 PM]
"Are you absolutely sure Mentor?"
Anna asked still a bit nervous.
"Sometimes the needles my Mentor used broke inside of the prisoners when he put their backs full of them and then whipped them."
The young mage protested.
"And I have heard it can happen."
Harmony shook her head.
"Not if the one who are using them know what they are doing and do not try to do harm. The only times I have ever hears of a needle breaking of in someone's arm have been when untrained apotocary staff give vaccinations, which are legal in some states and they jab in to hard and hit bone. For stitcher or an IV you have soft tissue vs metal and then the metal is going to win, also for the IV the needles is covered in a silicone tube so even if it broke it would not go anywhere."
The Cultist said and Anna looked a little relieved and she scratched at the bruise on her hand.
"Is that right Mentor? It could not have broken off?"
She asked.
Colin nodded, "I'm positive - the operation went smoothly, and all the needles were intact afterwards."

"If you put blueberries in the mix can you then get blue spagetti Mentor? For that would be really cool."
Anna asked and she cocked her head to the side and glanced up at you.
He thought for a moment, "I think that would taste strange. Food dye might be preferable."

Joakim paled a little.
"I see, and you are sure you did not...Fall from that experience?"
He asked.
He nodded, "Certain enough to request Master Tolle to investigate me - much rather him than the Quaesitor who wanted to investigate me on the spot; she has a personal interest in my future, and would likely find something to hang me for, with the same diligent attitude to truth and justice as bloody Torquemada. No, my core is safe, though I picked up... scraps in the process."

"You have found Master Teomim's heirs?"
Ir said and raised an eyebrow.
"Now that is a secret you should be careful about mentioning to loudly.
He nodded, "Even identified other incarnations of them, too - and no, it would not be prudent to share that information. It's their secret to tell, not mine... as far as the world knows, they are merely two Magi of different Traditions."

Philippa put Heylel down onto the sofa and cut a slie of the home made cake for you.
"How do you take your tea Mr Wainwright?"
She asked.
He accepted the cake with a smile, "That depends entirely on the tea... Fruity or minty teas, I usually drink without additives, while with bitter teas I take a bit of sugar, and with particularly acidic teas often a drop of milk."

"A new name for the Etherites? Well it is about time and yes I am sure Admiral Hastings will do a great job as the new Prima of her Tradition."
Philippa said and smiled.
He nodded, "She is, by all accounts, a strong leader - with the charisma to make people happy to serve, rather than having to rely on threats and intimidation."

"That is rather troubleing, the bastard Tytalus I can see...but the Chorister...hum well if they are guilty of what you claim Mr Wainwright then they both deserve to pay for their rimes."
Ir said angrily.
"Avatars are precious they should not be harmed. However yes I guess we have to try to make sure the fallout from such treatchery do not bury the Order of Hermetis or the Celstial Chorus."
He nodded, "The Order must endure, as must the Chorus... We cannot afford to let the actions of two individuals, however prominent, destroy what has been built upon for over five hundred years..."

Mia smiled slightly inside your soul, you could notice her warmth there.
"You have to take good care of them then Mr Wainwright."
Philippa said softly.
He nodded, smiling, "I mean to attend to their happiness as well as can be done..."

"That sounds like it would be very fun. I would like to fly one day."
Heylel said and smiled.
"A Nephandi Battlecruiser? Not all of them are evil...they to just want to live free where they belong, but the Nephandi enslave them."
The rebis child whispered.
He smiled, "Well, if your mother says it is alright one day, I would be happy to bring you along for a trip. You'll have to grow a little bigger first, though."
He nodded, "And no, the polyps are not inherently corrupted, that's something the Nephandi do to them... naturally, they're rather like big dogs, sometimes hungry, sometimes friendly and playful... It does suggest the possibility of the Traditions befriending some of the polyps, though, and gaining a few such battlecruisers of our own, though we would have to get some deeper understanding of how the Handlers are bonded with the ships first..."

"I have not heard of it happening either, but we are going to have to do some reaserch to find out more about it before jumping to conclusions."
Ir said and frowned.
He nodded, "Agreed, and like I said, the suggestion that the Computer is built around an image or copy of Teomim's mind is merely a hypothesis, one which will likely be proven or disproved quite quickly once we can get a closer look at the damnable thing. Either way, I'm quite certain it represents one of the possible Molochs Akrites warned of..."

"I an certinly understand that when one have a teacher that famous it is easy to get trapped in their shadow. Good luck with getting an audience with Master Dante, I hear he is a fair man, a bit on the strange side, but fair."
He nodded, "We all have our eccentricities."

The old Verbena smiled as she cut up cake slickes and handed them out along with tea, and juice for the children.
"I might be able to help you there Mr Wainwright I can create a fertilizer that you add to the rose bush's water, this should reverse it's aging and keep it young and healthy, I can whip you up a batch after tea."
Philippa offered as she reminded Mary Elisabeth to slow down and sit still as the little girl was getting quite exited as she was handed a piece of cake.
He smiled, "I appreciate that, and I will gladly offer a favour in return. And additionally, perhaps you would like a cutting of the Helen Cushing, to grow your own? I fear my bush may be the last cultivar of it, after Peter Cushing died."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:47 pm

[Colin] (Morningstar 5: 30 in the afternoon)

Colin nodded, "I'm positive - the operation went smoothly, and all the needles were intact afterwards."

"Are you sure what if a little tip got loose and it is on it's way to my head?"
Anna asked nervously.

He thought for a moment, "I think that would taste strange. Food dye might be preferable."

"Ok but you can make blue pasta, and besides blueberries taste good and pasta taste good they should taste even better together."
Your young apprentice said not quite ready to give up on her blueberry pasta idea.

He nodded, "Certain enough to request Master Tolle to investigate me - much rather him than the Quaesitor who wanted to investigate me on the spot; she has a personal interest in my future, and would likely find something to hang me for, with the same diligent attitude to truth and justice as bloody Torquemada. No, my core is safe, though I picked up... scraps in the process."

"That is good to hear. Yes I hear Master Tolle have an unflinhing loyalty to the word of the law, if he find you are inocent nothing would make him prosecute you and wise versa, your ehm...scraps might be a problem though. I wish you the best with it."
Joakim said and frowned.

He nodded, "Even identified other incarnations of them, too - and no, it would not be prudent to share that information. It's their secret to tell, not mine... as far as the world knows, they are merely two Magi of different Traditions."

Ir nodded at that.
"I agree it is their secret to tell and others might perseute them if they knew who they where or try to get the grimoire from them, far better to keep it a secret."

He accepted the cake with a smile, "That depends entirely on the tea... Fruity or minty teas, I usually drink without additives, while with bitter teas I take a bit of sugar, and with particularly acidic teas often a drop of milk."

"Let me see I have two herbal blends of my own making, both are sweet, and some Earl Gray, which one would you prefer Mr Wainwright?"
Philippa asked.

He nodded, "She is, by all accounts, a strong leader - with the charisma to make people happy to serve, rather than having to rely on threats and intimidation."

"Well sh have done a marvelous job leading the Tradition's Umbral defense forces so far and yes shee have a natural Charisma and the ability to inspire onfidence from others in her leadership. I am sure she will do fine."
Philippa agreed.

He nodded, "The Order must endure, as must the Chorus... We cannot afford to let the actions of two individuals, however prominent, destroy what has been built upon for over five hundred years..."

"Agreed though if what you say is true Mr Wainwright those two deserve more than to loose their position as Primi."
Ir grumbeled.
"They deserve death or worse, but protecting the Traditions as a whole is more important."

He nodded, smiling, "I mean to attend to their happiness as well as can be done..."

Philippa smiled and nodded at that.

He smiled, "Well, if your mother says it is alright one day, I would be happy to bring you along for a trip. You'll have to grow a little bigger first, though."

"I have grown rather big already...and can I bring my sister and my brother along?"
Heylel said and grinned. Philippa smiled.
"Well when you are a little older dear one and if it do not bother Mr Wainwright then I am ok with it."
She said.

He nodded, "And no, the polyps are not inherently corrupted, that's something the Nephandi do to them... naturally, they're rather like big dogs, sometimes hungry, sometimes friendly and playful... It does suggest the possibility of the Traditions befriending some of the polyps, though, and gaining a few such battlecruisers of our own, though we would have to get some deeper understanding of how the Handlers are bonded with the ships first..."

"We might be able to befriend their young, but they are spirits, powerful spirits and they need a Handler in order to understand physial being, to them we are very strange."
The rebis child said.
"But befinding them would be a boon, but the Traditions might take offense to their Entropic nature, they are not beautiful to our eyes but unless they are corrupted they are natural."

He nodded, "Agreed, and like I said, the suggestion that the Computer is built around an image or copy of Teomim's mind is merely a hypothesis, one which will likely be proven or disproved quite quickly once we can get a closer look at the damnable thing. Either way, I'm quite certain it represents one of the possible Molochs Akrites warned of..."

"Agreed...getting a closer look at the thing though will not be easy the Iteration X worship it as a god and guard it and it's damnable machine realm closely."
Ir said and frowned.
"Had it been easy to get to I would have already tried to destroy the abominable thing!"

He nodded, "We all have our eccentricities."

"Indeed so we do."
Philippa agreed.

He smiled, "I appreciate that, and I will gladly offer a favour in return. And additionally, perhaps you would like a cutting of the Helen Cushing, to grow your own? I fear my bush may be the last cultivar of it, after Peter Cushing died."

"Very well then we have a deal if you return to our apartment when you are done with your rrands at Morningstar I will have the fertilizer ready for you, and yes I would love a cutting from the bush, it would be a beautiful addition to my ollection."
The old Verbena said and smiled as she took some cake for herself as well and sat down.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:56 pm

Anja's Post:

Nicole nodded to this, pulling out her phone. 'Existing is so much easier when the world thinks you're an actual person.' giving a frown to the screen, then an irate grunt and shifted it to other hand.

'Now, assume that gormless look which is traditional for this kind of thing.' pointing the camera towards the Technocrat to take a snap.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:02 pm

Bruce was standing gruard by the Node he gave you a nod. "I have to ask you to hand over your weapon before you enter as usual." He grunted. "I hear we won at the Labyrinth I am sorry I was put on guard duty."

"Ah, of course," he said. He removed his weapons and handed then over in a safe manner. "It was most difficult but we prevailed. I'm not sorry you were, for I was glad to know someone trustworthy was given such an important task. Even if it probably did not seem so, while others might be out fighting." He waited to be let in, gave Bruce another nod and then went inside.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:26 pm

"Ah, of course," he said. He removed his weapons and handed then over in a safe manner. "It was most difficult but we prevailed. I'm not sorry you were, for I was glad to know someone trustworthy was given such an important task. Even if it probably did not seem so, while others might be out fighting." He waited to be let in, gave Bruce another nod and then went inside.

"I understand that watching over the Node is important but when waiting for news and knowing that all my friends might very well be dead it still feels wrong to be here safe while you are all out there risking your hides."
Bruce said as he took your weapons carefully and then let you into the Node hamber.

You saw that Beatrice was sleeping, she was holding onto the blankets with her small chained hands and she was whimpering in her sleep but at least she was resting. Amadeus was there wathing over her though right now he as helping Tobias sit up and have a sip of water, at least the Orphan looked allot better. The old Verbena turned and gave you a nod.
"Ah Mr Roth Hicks have you come to check on Bee? PLease come in."

Nicole nodded to this, pulling out her phone. 'Existing is so much easier when the world thinks you're an actual person.' giving a frown to the screen, then an irate grunt and shifted it to other hand.

"In most cases yes this is very much correct."
The Technorat said as he stood against the freshly painted wall holding onto his blanket.

'Now, assume that gormless look which is traditional for this kind of thing.' pointing the camera towards the Technocrat to take a snap.

The Technocrat looked at the camera of your phone, the picture where not exactly a masterpiece but it would do for the papers, he did look horrible but then again so did most on passport and drivers lisene photos, most had that spent three days in jaul look to them in such pitures.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:10 pm

Anja's Post:

Nicole looked at the photo critically for a moment. 'Wicked. Just like the ones they show on trial reports. Now to send this in and wait.' With that she went to go and talk again with Thorn.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:25 pm

"I understand that watching over the Node is important but when waiting for news and knowing that all my friends might very well be dead it still feels wrong to be here safe while you are all out there risking your hides." Bruce said

"Not just the node, but I am sure I would feel the same if our situations were reversed."

You saw that Beatrice was sleeping, she was holding onto the blankets with her small chained hands and she was whimpering in her sleep but at least she was resting. Amadeus was there wathing over her though right now he as helping Tobias sit up and have a sip of water, at least the Orphan looked allot better. The old Verbena turned and gave you a nod. "Ah Mr Roth Hicks have you come to check on Bee? PLease come in."

"Yes, and a few other matters," he said. He glanced over at Tobias and gave him a nod, glad to see him looking better already and also seemed relieved that Beatrice was resting. Then he walked over towards the Verbena. "I have a few things to discuss, some of which is sensitive so if you wish to respond please use the tablet," he said, removing the writing tablet and kneeling down. "First, the tea brew that you gave me, I brewed the second portion unsure if I would be able to do so while in battle but did not add the last ingredient to activate it. Is it still good to use it that way? I was considering if it would be prudent to take it before bed so I do not wake up in so much pain," he said, as he set up the tablet to write something else: 'I was asked by my amicus if you should remember a woman named Dalisse, a miller's daughter who became Diedne's magickal grandchild. She lives and has not Fallen, there is proof my amicus has, a picture and tass to compare resonance.'

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:50 pm

Special...I do not understand."
The newly Awakened man said, he did as biden though and looked at Allison.
"Yes there is silver but not really any orange but there is allot of pink."
Paul said.
"But everyone have colors around them. What am I seeing?"

"Your seeing past the illusion of self that used plague your eyes and keep your mind separate from others." Serge said, almost automatically before realizing his idea of magick wasn't the easiest to understand. "In easier terms, your seeing people's emotional energies, also known as auras. The colors you see correspond to an emotion their feeling."

Serge scratched the back of his head as he tried to remember what the colors the man saw represented. "Silver represents sadness. Pink though....umm...I think that's compassion, which now that I say it out loud makes a lot of sense. So our little Allison over here is feeling sadness and compassion for the people around her."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:33 pm

"Not just the node, but I am sure I would feel the same if our situations were reversed."

"No not just the Node Adley something far more precious than the Node as well but in either case being the one that get to stay at home and safe while others risks their liƄves is not easy."
Bruce said and sigh.
"At least we did not loose anyone from Steelhaven I hear though the other Chantries was not as lucky."

"Yes, and a few other matters," he said. He glanced over at Tobias and gave him a nod, glad to see him looking better already and also seemed relieved that Beatrice was resting.

"Well my apprentice have been resting since Mr Yager helped her sleep a few hours ago."
Amadeus said and smiled.
"She needs the rest."
Tobias gave you a bit of a tired smile.
"Hi..."
He whispered.

Then he walked over towards the Verbena. "I have a few things to discuss, some of which is sensitive so if you wish to respond please use the tablet," he said, removing the writing tablet and kneeling down. "First, the tea brew that you gave me, I brewed the second portion unsure if I would be able to do so while in battle but did not add the last ingredient to activate it. Is it still good to use it that way? I was considering if it would be prudent to take it before bed so I do not wake up in so much pain," he said,

Amadeus gently helped Tobias lay back down again then he nodded when you asked him to reply to your writing in writing.When you asked about the tea he had made for you he nodded again.
"Yes it should still be fine, just add the activating ingredient and drink. If you make sure you get plenty of water and preferably also some food before you sleep taking it before bed is not a bad idea, but make sure you get enough nourishment."
The old Verbena instructed.

as he set up the tablet to write something else: 'I was asked by my amicus if you should remember a woman named Dalisse, a miller's daughter who became Diedne's magickal grandchild. She lives and has not Fallen, there is proof my amicus has, a picture and tass to compare resonance.'

Amadeus read what you had written and took the stylus to respond.
"I know of her but Dalisse had already been cast out of the Order when I...my former incernation was apprenticed, she was a Bahari a worshipper of Lilith and as the order where rather Abrahamic at the time they where branded as infernalists. It is good to hear that she lives, one more of my old House who have survived. Last I heard she had been given to Guernicus the Founder for his experiments, a cruel fate to be sure, I am glad she escaped it."
The old Verbena wrote before he handed the tablet back to you.

"Your seeing past the illusion of self that used plague your eyes and keep your mind separate from others." Serge said, almost automatically before realizing his idea of magick wasn't the easiest to understand. "In easier terms, your seeing people's emotional energies, also known as auras. The colors you see correspond to an emotion their feeling."

"I am seeing auras? Well I guess that is pretty cool. I figured out my kidnappers...could do things."
Paul said then he was silent for a while before asking.
"Do that mean I can learn to do things as well now that is...is...allot to take in."
He muttered softly.
"I do not know what to feel about that."

Serge scratched the back of his head as he tried to remember what the colors the man saw represented. "Silver represents sadness. Pink though....umm...I think that's compassion, which now that I say it out loud makes a lot of sense. So our little Allison over here is feeling sadness and compassion for the people around her."

Allison gave you a very stern look.
"I am not anyone's little Allison Mr Yager, I may just be a hedge wizard and a ustos at this hantray ut I expet to be talked to as an adult human being and not a child, also I prefer not to have my emotions discussed as if I where not right nearby."
The hedge wiward said sharply.
"But you are correct I feel compassion for the wounded and sadness that so much suffering have been caused."
She onfirmed. Paul looked at you confused.
"So I...I an see emotions how is that possible?"
He asked.

Nicole looked at the photo critically for a moment. 'Wicked. Just like the ones they show on trial reports. Now to send this in and wait.' With that she went to go and talk again with Thorn.

"What are you implying I an not just sent the picture streight to Vouge to beome their new cover photo?"
The Tehnocrat said, he finally saw enough hope in his situation to tell a joke even if he still looked really tired and pale.

You went to find Thorn the Tehnocrat followed you as he did not really know where you wanted him to wait. The Verbena gave you a nod.
"Do you have a piture of our new friend?"
He asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:07 pm

[Morningstar, 5 PM]
"Are you sure what if a little tip got loose and it is on it's way to my head?"
Anna asked nervously.
Colin shook his head, "I'm positive, no little tip. And even if I should have missed it, Kristina would have noticed the danger when she examined you, I'm sure."

"Ok but you can make blue pasta, and besides blueberries taste good and pasta taste good they should taste even better together."
Your young apprentice said not quite ready to give up on her blueberry pasta idea.
He nodded, "Your idea has merit enough to warrant the experiment. I suspect the flavour might wind up somewhat similar to waffles with blueberries."

"That is good to hear. Yes I hear Master Tolle have an unflinhing loyalty to the word of the law, if he find you are inocent nothing would make him prosecute you and wise versa, your ehm...scraps might be a problem though. I wish you the best with it."
Joakim said and frowned.
He nodded, "The scraps are, however, a temporary problem - they can and will be reverted over the next few years... along with any other fragments I might collect."

Ir nodded at that.
"I agree it is their secret to tell and others might perseute them if they knew who they where or try to get the grimoire from them, far better to keep it a secret."
He nodded, "It would seem Abigail sought it, trying to intercept a parcel related to Teomim from the Mercere Chantry yesterday... It did, obviously, not contain the Grimoire itself, but Abigail could not know that it likely would not help the search..."

"Let me see I have two herbal blends of my own making, both are sweet, and some Earl Gray, which one would you prefer Mr Wainwright?"
Philippa asked.
He pondered briefly, "Right now, I think I need something sweet. I've had a... rough day."

"Agreed though if what you say is true Mr Wainwright those two deserve more than to loose their position as Primi."
Ir grumbeled.
"They deserve death or worse, but protecting the Traditions as a whole is more important."
He gave a small nod, "Most likely, the offer to step down before trial will be so they can have it done quietly instead of bringing down their Traditions with them - there might be some comfort in having their sentences executed in private..."

"I have grown rather big already...and can I bring my sister and my brother along?"
Heylel said and grinned. Philippa smiled.
"Well when you are a little older dear one and if it do not bother Mr Wainwright then I am ok with it."
She said.
He smiled, "No bother - and there are enough seats in a helicopter to bring the family for a bit of sight-seeing in Boston."

"We might be able to befriend their young, but they are spirits, powerful spirits and they need a Handler in order to understand physial being, to them we are very strange."
The rebis child said.
"But befinding them would be a boon, but the Traditions might take offense to their Entropic nature, they are not beautiful to our eyes but unless they are corrupted they are natural."
He nodded, "They look like hideous tumors with all sorts of organs growing along every surface - and they are incredibly Entropic, being the manifestation of decaying flesh - but there might be a few Traditionalists willing to sacrifice their physical freedom to befriend such a ship and essentially live almost forever... Lady Dalisse had been her ship's Handler since before the Nephandi were taken over by the Malfean ideology; back when the Nephandi were... well, less malicious, I suppose..."

"Agreed...getting a closer look at the thing though will not be easy the Iteration X worship it as a god and guard it and it's damnable machine realm closely."
Ir said and frowned.
"Had it been easy to get to I would have already tried to destroy the abominable thing!"
He nodded, then grinned, "I'm sure I could arrange for you to be offered a seat on any assault on the damned thing. It might be interesting to see what would happen to anyone trying to bring the thrice-accursed serum into your vicinity..."
He frowned, "Speaking of, I need to make sure, have you ever been restrained by that foul gunk?"

"Very well then we have a deal if you return to our apartment when you are done with your rrands at Morningstar I will have the fertilizer ready for you, and yes I would love a cutting from the bush, it would be a beautiful addition to my ollection."
The old Verbena said and smiled as she took some cake for herself as well and sat down.
He nodded, "Sounds perfect. Ah, and perhaps that hair tonic for my Security Chief and his apprentice?"

He took a bite of the cake, followed by a sip of the tea, "By the way, I feel I should warn you, I may be somewhat restricted for a few days - Master Tolle needs to make sure my Avatar is in an acceptable state, after I had to tear down a Caul from the inside today... I am not Fallen, and requested him myself, but the inquiries might take a couple of days."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:21 pm

Anja's Post:

'Hmm... that's a idea. Go with the direct scare; this is the guy you'll marry if you don't buy all the stuff inside, girl!' she quipped in the style of an advertising executive making a pitch to a client.

Anja's Post:

'That I do.' she replied to Thorn, before turning to Mr Shade. 'Why don't you have a sit while we sort the next bit out?' Here she patted down her pockets, located her last energy bar and tossed over to him. 'Enjoy. Guaranteed by Uncle Sam to be edible.'

After gesturing to Thorn to follow her, she'll either grab the loot box and head out of the Technocrat's earshot or head back there, ideally picking up Violet in the process.

[You didn't actually say what room they'd gone to]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:24 pm

"I am seeing auras? Well I guess that is pretty cool. I figured out my kidnappers...could do things."
Paul said then he was silent for a while before asking.
"Do that mean I can learn to do things as well now that is...is...allot to take in."
He muttered softly.
"I do not know what to feel about that."

"You can learn to do things as well. Either by yourself or we can find you a teacher." he said with a smile. "You should feel happy about it. Excited! So few people get to have the abilities that your gifted with. You'll always know how your turtles are feeling and you'll never lose a game of magick now!"

Allison gave you a very stern look.
"I am not anyone's little Allison Mr Yager, I may just be a hedge wizard and a ustos at this hantray ut I expet to be talked to as an adult human being and not a child, also I prefer not to have my emotions discussed as if I where not right nearby."
The hedge wiward said sharply.
"But you are correct I feel compassion for the wounded and sadness that so much suffering have been caused."
She onfirmed.

"S-sorry about that. I didn't mean to demean you in any way. I just talk like that normally." Serge said apologizing hastily in a nervous tone, realizing that he was talking without thinking once again.

Paul looked at you confused.
"So I...I an see emotions how is that possible?"
He asked.

"Easiest way to explain it is that it's magick." Serge said calmly, seeing no reason to hide it further. "Sometimes when people...go through a traumatic experience something awakens within them. A newfound understanding of the world hits them. It can manifest in different ways but basically after that event you'll be able to do what is commonly known as magick."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 31 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next