Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings IC Thread 30

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 5 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 30  Next

Go down

Little Moments Between  Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings IC Thread 30 - Page 5 Empty Re: Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings IC Thread 30

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:04 am

Colin wrote:He nodded to Bruce, "What he said, essentially. There's a rot in the system, and it must be uprooted, but we have to be careful until we are able to strike."
Colin wrote:He smiled wryly, "No, that was what we sorted out today. Well, plot to destroy the world, really. Now, the real uphill battle begins..."

"Will our heroes survive? Tune in next week, as the nameless Cabal faces off against a corrupt Quasitor." Serge said humorously in the voice of a end-of-tv-show announcer.

Colin wrote:He made a few more notes and nodded, "Very well, then. Let us put the formal invitation of Nicole Bouchard to join our Cabal to the vote. Simple show of hands; all in favour, raise a hand."
He raised his hand, glancing around the table.

Serge raised his non-dominant hand, the other being preoccupied with whatever he was sketching. He looked up at his raised hand, as if not realizing he had done so and then slowly lowered it down to not obfuscate the vote between the actual cabal members. He did keep a portion of his hand above the table, as if showing he was in favor of Nicole joining the Cabal.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Little Moments Between  Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings IC Thread 30 - Page 5 Empty Re: Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings IC Thread 30

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:01 am

[Serge's Apartment]

Serge's Post:

'You really should get to know the city better. Not only is it your home now, but also our battlefield.' Nicole replied, leading Serge along the hallway.

Serge's Post:

'Think you arrived a day or so before me.' she replied. 'Boston's an interesting place, lots of interesting stuff out there. The Chantry... well, it was a bit different to what I'm used to, but getting a handle on that too.'

[Nicole's Apartment]

Colin's Post:

'"potential for the Light"... make it sound like she's found Jesus or something.' Nicole quipped with a little smile, pressing a couple of keys of the PDA, then shoving the wires on top of it.

Colin's Post:

'Yeah... some wildcat loads can do serious damage.' looking at the barrel again for a moment. 'It's pretty worn; a clean and re-coat might do the trick, or just get a new part. Not like they're hard to get hold of. Going to a gun show soon; can see if I can pick one up there if you'd like.' a short pause as the large woman looked at the frame again. 'What mags are you using?' looking in the box to see if they were in there too.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:25 am

[Adley, Colin, Nicole, Tane and Serge] (Cabal meeting 10 in the morning Wednesday 30/9 2015)

'I know that, and didn't intend to insult.' Nicole said to Bruce, giving a respectful nod. 'Yet when one literally says "your skills are easily replaceable", there's no good reason offered to persuade the person to join you all in the minefield and the main selling point is "you have nowhere else to go"... I think I'm allowed to be a little suspicious.'

Bruce sigh and nodded.
"I understand Miss Bouchard, I can not claim to have heard anyone claim that your skills are easilly replaceable but I can understand feeling you are pushed into a corner."
The artificer said.

'I've got an job interview in a bit. I've gotta convince the guy I'm worth employing. In return, he's gotta convince me his shop is a place worth working. He is unlikely to do it by saying my skills are easily replaced, the shop's a death-trap and nobody else would take me. That's what I mean by a "two-way street".' she said, clarifying her point. From tone and body, some may pick up that the Etherite was the sort of person who needed a concrete goal to aim and work towards.

"I have not noticed anyone saying that your skills are easily replaceable Miss Bouchard but yes I sort of id say no one else would take you or at least it would be more likely they would take Mr Yager over you. The Traditions can be a cold place and unfortunately my words is true."
The Orphan said.
"I know I have had to take allot of shit before I got to Steelhaven."

"Well you got me there. Here I was expecting some sort of sinister plot to destroy the city." Serge said as his pencil scratched away on the surface of his notepad.

"Not everything is as grand Mr Yager but that do not mean it is less of a threat."
Bruce said and frowned.

He nodded to Bruce, "What he said, essentially. There's a rot in the system, and it must be uprooted, but we have to be careful until we are able to strike."

Bruce nodded at that and grunted.

He made a few more notes and nodded, "Very well, then. Let us put the formal invitation of Nicole Bouchard to join our Cabal to the vote. Simple show of hands; all in favour, raise a hand."
He raised his hand, glancing around the table.

Bruce said nothing but he raised his large hand and glanced around at the other mages around the table.

"Will our heroes survive? Tune in next week, as the nameless Cabal faces off against a corrupt Quasitor." Serge said humorously in the voice of a end-of-tv-show announcer.

"The nameless part was on the agenda to do something about Mr Yager."
Bruce said and raised an eyebrow.

(Colin's shop)

He smiled warmly, "You know, your caring for an animal like that speaks volumes about your character."

"Perhaps I was just lonely when I met him, and as he can not fly properly, just use his wings to jump better and glide a bit he needs me to survive and I guess I need him as well."
Mr Ameli said and he smiled fondly at the big, black bird.

He nodded, "And that is precisely what I wish to learn more about - not necessarily seeking them out, but how to ensure my own safety in dealing with them, without having to rely on a chunk of iron. I have... some insights from fairy tales and folklore, but the grains of truth are often hard to pick out of the embellishments."

"I can certainly give such a lesson Mr Wainwright though contacting the fay might still be dangerous. It is better to do that lesson sooner rather than later though since I doubt I will be able to stay in the city for to long and I can not break my word so I would not gladly make a promise to stay and teach you next week when that might lead to my death."
The vampire said and frowned.

He nodded, "In another timeline, I had managed to persuade you to aid us in the strike on the Labyrinth, in exchange for the return of your blade. That alliance never happened, obviously, but we managed to navigate the passageways by other means. As for being underground - that varies; mostly, they're hidden away slightly outside the Reality we are in right now. Pocket dimensions, that sort of thing."

"It seams to me that you already know about my Clan's ability to be guides underground, we are blessed by the senses of the goblins."
Mr Ameli said and smiled slightly.
"Which then I suspect makes us a threat to the Nephandi but I did not know that they knew of our existence."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:15 pm

[Colin's shop, Monday, September 28th, 8 PM]
Anja wrote:"Perhaps I was just lonely when I met him, and as he can not fly properly, just use his wings to jump better and glide a bit he needs me to survive and I guess I need him as well."
Mr Ameli said and he smiled fondly at the big, black bird.
Colin nodded, "We all need someone to keep the beast at bay, I suppose, whether it's the famous big black dog, or a more spiritual Beast."

Anja wrote:"I can certainly give such a lesson Mr Wainwright though contacting the fay might still be dangerous. It is better to do that lesson sooner rather than later though since I doubt I will be able to stay in the city for to long and I can not break my word so I would not gladly make a promise to stay and teach you next week when that might lead to my death."
He nodded, "I understand completely. I am, however, free tomorrow evening, in the sense that I have to, er, do some overtime work over an... administrative disagreement in my Chantry. If you would like to visit for the instruction then, that will be just fine. Or, alternatively, if you do seek out my friend's family for their help, we can discuss matters in France come winter."
He smiled thinly, "A Mage's word is their Bond; one of our fundamental laws - though I suspect your inability to break your word is somewhat more ingrained into your very essence than a mere agreed-upon piece of legislation."
He extended his hand, "So shall we say that you offer me instruction in negotiating with the Fae at our next mutual convenience?"

"It seams to me that you already know about my Clan's ability to be guides underground, we are blessed by the senses of the goblins."
Mr Ameli said and smiled slightly.
"Which then I suspect makes us a threat to the Nephandi but I did not know that they knew of our existence."
He smiled wryly, "We are Wizards; it is our lot in life to know things... Though, I will admit, I would not have known about it if not a certain roguish vampire had told me about you this coming December. I have, hm, a sort of prophetic gift; it's come in handy a few times to save the world, and a few very special people. If it helps, though, I suspect that even among both Mages, Fallen or not, and vampires, your kind is considered obscure knowledge, not something most are privy to, or even interested in pursuing. Most likely, you were target due to chance and circumstance; someone noticed you, and perhaps told someone who could identify about the strange vampire they'd seen, and you became a target as a precaution. The Fallen did a lot of scrambling this past week; they'd been planning their ritual for years, possibly decades, and accumulating resources and personnel to pull it off... and we discovered it and stopped the whole damnable thing in six days. I think you'll be relatively safe."

[Nicole's apartment, 7PM Thursday, October 1st]
Nicole wrote:'"potential for the Light"... make it sound like she's found Jesus or something.' Nicole quipped with a little smile, pressing a couple of keys of the PDA, then shoving the wires on top of it.
Colin smiled thinly, "Well, she did find me, seven years ago from her perspective, and gave me an offering in the belief I was Hephaestus, the Greek god of the forge... Perhaps that counts?"
He shook his head, "But no, I did not mean it that way; I meant the Light of Creation, as opposed to the Fallen, who pursue the Darkness of Nonexistence."

Nicole wrote:'Yeah... some wildcat loads can do serious damage.' looking at the barrel again for a moment. 'It's pretty worn; a clean and re-coat might do the trick, or just get a new part. Not like they're hard to get hold of. Going to a gun show soon; can see if I can pick one up there if you'd like.' a short pause as the large woman looked at the frame again. 'What mags are you using?' looking in the box to see if they were in there too.
He nodded, "Well, I am planning to get Primium replacements for some of the parts, provided it's worth repairing. The barrel and slide would probably be the first pieces to be changed in any case. But until then, sure, if you find a replacement, I'll be interested. As for the magazines, I did not bring them. They're still loaded, so I figured they were best kept in my safe. I did check them, though, and they're in good condition - I replace them every ten to twenty months, depending on how often I'm at the range. My usual gunsmith recommends ProMag; the brand hasn't let me down yet."

((OOC: Tallying the vote after S7trif3 responds. Have Pathfinder game tonight, though, so probably not going to get the time to post again until later tonight.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:39 pm

Colin nodded, "We all need someone to keep the beast at bay, I suppose, whether it's the famous big black dog, or a more spiritual Beast."

"Indeed, or simply an companion to give meaning to existence past existing in itself."
The vampire said and looked at his pet bird.
"In either case taking care of this animal give me a simple sense of satisfaction and companionship."

He nodded, "I understand completely. I am, however, free tomorrow evening, in the sense that I have to, er, do some overtime work over an... administrative disagreement in my Chantry. If you would like to visit for the instruction then, that will be just fine. Or, alternatively, if you do seek out my friend's family for their help, we can discuss matters in France come winter."

"As I have not decided yet whatever or not to accept the offer I think perhaps it is best that I visit tomorrow that way I know I can keep my word."
Mr Ameli said.
"If that is a solution that is acceptable to you Mr Wainwright."

He smiled thinly, "A Mage's word is their Bond; one of our fundamental laws - though I suspect your inability to break your word is somewhat more ingrained into your very essence than a mere agreed-upon piece of legislation."

"It is more ingrained indeed, however this is something I am afraid I can not discuss in detail."
The vampire said sounding a bit uneasy.
"But yes it is more than a law for me Mr Wainwright."

He extended his hand, "So shall we say that you offer me instruction in negotiating with the Fae at our next mutual convenience?"

Mr Ameli shook your hand, his grip was strong but his hand reminded you of Dalisse's with bones so thin it felt more like holding a bird than shaking a human hand, the vampire's hand was also quite cold and smooth it felt like touching a gemstone that had been left outside in the cold autumn winds.
"That is quite acceptable for me Mr Wainwright."
He said and he added a slight smile.

He smiled wryly, "We are Wizards; it is our lot in life to know things... Though, I will admit, I would not have known about it if not a certain roguish vampire had told me about you this coming December. I have, hm, a sort of prophetic gift; it's come in handy a few times to save the world, and a few very special people. If it helps, though, I suspect that even among both Mages, Fallen or not, and vampires, your kind is considered obscure knowledge, not something most are privy to, or even interested in pursuing.

"Prophetic ability like that is rare Mr Wainwright."
Mr Ameli said.
"But no not many know about my bloodline and we tend to prefer it that way, it means we are left alone to our studies and not bothered, though in this case it did not work out to well."
He said and frowned.

Most likely, you were target due to chance and circumstance; someone noticed you, and perhaps told someone who could identify about the strange vampire they'd seen, and you became a target as a precaution. The Fallen did a lot of scrambling this past week; they'd been planning their ritual for years, possibly decades, and accumulating resources and personnel to pull it off... and we discovered it and stopped the whole damnable thing in six days. I think you'll be relatively safe."

"I suspect you are right about this Mr Wainwright."
The vampire said then he nodded.
"May I ask what the Nephandi where up to? What ritual where they trying to acomplish, I have seen signs of an incoming doom for some time, do you believe this might be related?"
He asked.

(OOC: Ok enoy your game. Also I am glad you had fun at your Starfinder game, poor technomancer.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:11 pm

[Cabal Meeting]

"The nameless part was on the agenda to do something about Mr Yager."

"I'll definitely be a part of that." Serge said with a smile. "If I make it into the cabal that is..."

[Serge's Apartment]

'You really should get to know the city better. Not only is it your home now, but also our battlefield.' Nicole replied, leading Serge along the hallway.

"Fuck, that's a good line." Serge said with a grin. "But yeah I should. It's hard to find the time though when I'm so busy doing nothing."

'Think you arrived a day or so before me.' she replied. 'Boston's an interesting place, lots of interesting stuff out there. The Chantry... well, it was a bit different to what I'm used to, but getting a handle on that too.'

"The chantry's been a pretty standard affair. Some fun tricks and traps. Interesting people. Interesting rooms. Magick everywhere." Serge said grazing his hand across a nearby wall, as if attempting to feel the magick within the building.

"Do you need any help with understanding anything?" he asked.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:21 pm

[Adley, Colin, Nicole, Tane and Serge] (Cabal meeting 10 in the morning Wednesday 30/9 2015)

"I'll definitely be a part of that." Serge said with a smile. "If I make it into the cabal that is..."

"I have no doubt, let us try to not get a to...eh heroic name though."
"About the voting though I should mention that Miss Bouchard have been working with Richard...I think he have been giving her lessons in left handed combat, he told me he was teaching her in exchanged to her repairing his washing machine, and he do not seam to have anything against her."
The Orphan commented.

(OOC: Serge is all, you want a name? Leave it to me I got this. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:48 pm

"Ok that's interesting?" Serge said turning his head to look at Colin. "Why is it affecting the whole city? I thought this problem was only with you guys?"
"If you had a corrupt DA in the sleeper legal system do you think that would not damage the entire district he or she had authority over? Why would it be different for us Mr Yager?" Bruce said and he turned towards Serge to regard him for a moment.
He nodded to Bruce, "What he said, essentially. There's a rot in the system, and it must be uprooted, but we have to be careful until we are able to strike."

"The Quesitor is part of the local Tribunal, which is the city of Boston and it's environs, essentially," he summarized.

"Well you got me there. Here I was expecting some sort of sinister plot to destroy the city." Serge said as his pencil scratched away on the surface of his notepad.
He smiled wryly, "No, that was what we sorted out today. Well, plot to destroy the world, really. Now, the real uphill battle begins..."

He looked at him for a moment then laughed suddenly. "Well, now you are talking like someone in this cabal. We just spent the last week dealing with plots to destroy the city and world."

"Speaking with animals is weird. I've sorta done it with fish. They don't think in words. They think in emotions, and vague images. Wants and desires. Can't say I'm a fan....although owls might be a bit better." Serge said looking at his owl buddy who was now so far away.
Colin smiled wryly, "I've been telepathically linked with a great polyp... I know exactly what you mean."

He wasn't sure what was going on with Jareth and Nicole. Maybe she just didn't like birds. But then he looked over at Serge. "Interesting. Some of the lower spirits I communicate with are like that. And the ones that use a language use one that is...hrm, how to say, a language that carries emotions as a part of its nature."

"If I avoid danger I'll never learn to deal with it and I'll just become lazy and of no use to anyone." Serge said with a shrug. "It sounds like you guys could use all the help you could get and I'm happy to assist in any way that I can. I've already helped out most of the people in this Cabal, so it's not that big of a change for me."
He nodded, "And that is greatly to your credit. And we in turn are ready to give you whatever support and assistance you need."

"That's true. As you wish, I'm just checking to make sure you didn't think we were taking advantage of you."

'Okay, let's drop this shit.' Nicole replied after absorbing Adley's outburst, putting her hands up. 'When I got here, treated you like everyone else, I have, and I don't think I've pissed off anyone else this much. And no, I've not been trying to either, before you ask.' clearly trying to be larger person in this, though was annoyed.

He didn't reply, but it was pretty clear that didn't look like he believed her.

'Couldn't be bothered to be here? Well... if I wasn't, I wouldn't be. This was at no notice, and time is rather tight. You've spent all this time sniping, scowling and nit-picking. I called out your F in diplomacy skills when it became clear you've missed the point that a cabal is a two-way street - that it's "what can you offer me?" as well as "what I can offer you?". I've been around a bit, and when I notice it's all one-sided the word "exploitation" is bound to come up. 'I think that's justified. As there's a fair fucking chance my end will be buying the rest of you time to get out of whatever shit position we've ended up in.' Once finished, she smoothed out her top, making it clear she was about to leave but was willing to listen to if anyone had anything in reply.
"We are exploiting no one Miss Bouchard and what we can offer new members have already been said but let me make it clearer, an established Cabal with allot of contacts, you would not have to go at things alone or worse be thrown together with other newcomers and set to be the Chantry's Sentinels until someone would accept you. This Cabal have risked their asses several times or one another and we would do the same for any new members, a Cabal is family and that is what we are offering, so no we are not trying to hoodwink some new members to exploit them, we have put all the cards on the table, good and bad."
The Orphan said clearly feeling protective of his Cabal.
"Now etiquette do not matter to me, what quarrels you might have with Adley do not matter much to me either that is you two's business however when this Cabal is insulted that is my concern, if you do not wish us to vote on whatever or not to invite you to join then please say so, you might consider the bad outweigh the good or that there are members of this Cabal you can not work with, but do not claim we are trying to exploit you, for we are not."

"It wasn't nitpicking to ask about the vampires, it was a question. I asked you about a reference and where you came from, somehow that put you off. Never mind our chantry was just attacked, and maybe being cautious is not a bad idea. I called out your shit attitude and you tell me that you've treat everyone that way, which I hope is not true, and also that you just 'rub people wrong.' I guess I am one of those people. I say you insulted my mentor. Instead of apologizing, you say you didn't insult him when you clearly did. Then you tried to turn it around by implying I didn't trust him if I happen to have a different opinion on membership than he has. So what can I offer you? I enjoy languages; I find the history of them interesting and believe the formation of language is fascinating. I communicate with, befriend and fight spirits and know martial magick, can shoot handguns, hit things with big sticks and can handle myself in hand to hand combat. I have connections in the Order through my mentor and have a basic understanding of Tradition structure and politics. If you feel exploited, again, there's the door, I have no interest in exploiting anyone and I don't want anyone watching my back that thinks that I'd leave them to die."

'I know that, and didn't intend to insult.' Nicole said to Bruce, giving a respectful nod. 'Yet when one literally says "your skills are easily replaceable", there's no good reason offered to persuade the person to join you all in the minefield and the main selling point is "you have nowhere else to go"... I think I'm allowed to be a little suspicious.'

"Who said your skills are replaceable?" he arched an eyebrow.

Bruce raised an eyebrow. "How did that happen Adley?"

"I'm not sure...I think I did it."

He made a few more notes and nodded, "Very well, then. Let us put the formal invitation of Nicole Bouchard to join our Cabal to the vote. Simple show of hands; all in favour, raise a hand." He raised his hand, glancing around the table.

Likely surprising absolutely no one that was in the room with them, Adley did not raise his hand for Nicole.

// uh oh, classic case of who doctor's the doctor!
ooc2 - I'm going on a little vacation, I will have internet when I get in but since I'll be on the road sometime and doing stuff I might be on a bit less. I went to bed early last night.

Last edited by s7trif3 on Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:49 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : quote blocks)

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:22 pm

"The Quesitor is part of the local Tribunal, which is the city of Boston and it's environs, essentially," he summarized.

Bruce nodded an gave a grunt at that.

"I'm not sure...I think I did it."

Bruce nodded and he gave a grunt but did not comment.

(OOC: Have a great trip.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:27 am

[Cabal Meeting]

Anja's Post:

'The world can be a cold place... I know that one too well.' Nicole stated. 'But y'know what - I've survived cold before, me. Know what it feels to be on your lonesome, on the run and not being able to trust anyone or anything. It's made me appreciate the strength of groups, but it also means I'm not the sort who'll jump into the first bed 'cos I'm scared of the cold.'

Adley's Post:

'Only gonna deal with the new points. One, I gave the reference, didn't I? Even gave you a Hermetic one, just to be nice. Two, has it not crossed your mind that my reason for leaving Detroit may be purely personal and not your business? Might have had a messy break-up and wanted a fresh start. Checking the reference will show if it's something shit, no? Three, didn't insult the Chief - are you sure you're not just looking for shit that ain't there? Four, thank you. If anything else, it means we can see if we gel skills-wise. Five, can't blame suspicion when you offer me no reason not to start to suspect... for it's kept me alive.'

[Yeah yeah, mis-read the post I thought I saw Nick being called 'replaceable'. *facepalm*]

[Nicole's Apartment]
Colin's Post:

'Fucking Fallen. Slowly dripping through everything like acid. Part of me suspects the Union's half-riddled with 'em. Would explain a lot.' the large woman muttered.

Colin's Post:

'A custom job... of a standard, old design. Good design, but old all the same. Don't know why the one doing the Primium work wouldn't have the prints of a few good choices.'
Nicole replied, packing up the wires for the PDA and shoving them into a box.

'Wait... service pistol? What service?' she continued, slightly curious.

[Serge's Apartment] - going to continue to use this tag, even if they've left it.
Serge's Post:

'The world's where shit really happens. Good, bad and everything in between. Good to keep in it - stops you going up your own ass if nothing else.'

Serge's Post:

'Nah, think I'm getting used to it. Well, sorta. Weird, 'cos others have told me most are more like this than my last posting.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:55 am

[Cabal Meeting]

'The world can be a cold place... I know that one too well.' Nicole stated. 'But y'know what - I've survived cold before, me. Know what it feels to be on your lonesome, on the run and not being able to trust anyone or anything. It's made me appreciate the strength of groups, but it also means I'm not the sort who'll jump into the first bed 'cos I'm scared of the cold.'

Serge stopped moving his pencil suddenly when he heard that. He didn't say anything and kept his head down but the look in his eyes showed the something Nicole said had resonated with him. He shook his head shortly after, as if to shake away bad memories and continued his drawing.

[Serge's Apartment] - that was my plan too : )

'The world's where shit really happens. Good, bad and everything in between. Good to keep in it - stops you going up your own ass if nothing else.'

"Don't need to tell me twice. I've lived most of my life in a place where people would kill you just to shorten their commute." Serge said with a grin, showing that he wasn't all too serious with that statement.

"Can't lie and say I'm a badass though. Mostly fear that keeps me from going outside too often. Don't have skills like yours to reassure myself if I ever go outside and face something bad."

'Nah, think I'm getting used to it. Well, sorta. Weird, 'cos others have told me most are more like this than my last posting.'

"Really now? What was your other chantry like?" Serge said with a curious look.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:49 am

[Cabal Meeting, 10 AM, Wednesday September 30th]
Jeremy wrote:"Will our heroes survive? Tune in next week, as the nameless Cabal faces off against a corrupt Quasitor." Serge said humorously in the voice of a end-of-tv-show announcer.
Anja wrote:"The nameless part was on the agenda to do something about Mr Yager."
Jeremy wrote:"I'll definitely be a part of that." Serge said with a smile. "If I make it into the cabal that is..."
Anja wrote:"I have no doubt, let us try to not get a to...eh heroic name though."
"About the voting though I should mention that Miss Bouchard have been working with Richard...I think he have been giving her lessons in left handed combat, he told me he was teaching her in exchanged to her repairing his washing machine, and he do not seam to have anything against her."
The Orphan commented.
He chuckled at Serge's creative enthusiasm, then nodded more soberly, "Dr. Lee's presumed opinion does, however, not extend to an expressed vote, I'm afraid, unless he authorized you to vote on his behalf."

S7trif3 wrote:He looked at him for a moment then laughed suddenly. "Well, now you are talking like someone in this cabal. We just spent the last week dealing with plots to destroy the city and world."
He nodded sagely, "The incident at the Umbral Port was, as they say, the bomb..."

Jeremy wrote:Serge raised his non-dominant hand, the other being preoccupied with whatever he was sketching. He looked up at his raised hand, as if not realizing he had done so and then slowly lowered it down to not obfuscate the vote between the actual cabal members. He did keep a portion of his hand above the table, as if showing he was in favor of Nicole joining the Cabal.
Anja wrote:Bruce said nothing but he raised his large hand and glanced around at the other mages around the table.
S7trif3 wrote:Likely surprising absolutely no one that was in the room with them, Adley did not raise his hand for Nicole.
He looked around the table, then nodded and made a few more notes. Then he took a deep breath, writing as he spoke, "Under the circumstances, while the votes are in Miss Bouchard's favour, offering full and immediate Cabal membership will quite clearly cause a measure of internal unrest. I therefore suggest offering a probationary membership until the last of this month, during which Nicole Bouchard and Adley Roth Hicks will make some efforts to resolve their differences and grievances. I am not asking you to 'kiss and make up', nor demanding you become bosom buddies, merely that you take the time to find an understanding or common ground. I would recommend some manner of war games or similar endeavour that will not cause collateral damage in this world. Possibly, Master Sharaya or Miss Adlebloom may be willing to help set up some manner of virtual reality event where you can essentially have at it without risking any physical harm to yourselves. Does this sound agreeable to you both?"
He looked from Adley to Nicole, gauging their moods; from what he could tell, they were both remarkably fiery personalities, more alike than either would ever admit, perhaps, and if they could learn to channel that cooperatively, they might become an unstoppable force. If they could not... well, it would not be the first time something blew up in his face...

He sighed, "That said, does anyone have any questions for Mr. Yager before we take him to the vote, as well?"

Anja wrote:"Indeed, or simply an companion to give meaning to existence past existing in itself."
The vampire said and looked at his pet bird.
"In either case taking care of this animal give me a simple sense of satisfaction and companionship."
He nodded, "Some times, that's all you need - someone who loves you unconditionally."

Anja wrote:"As I have not decided yet whatever or not to accept the offer I think perhaps it is best that I visit tomorrow that way I know I can keep my word."
Mr Ameli said.
"If that is a solution that is acceptable to you Mr Wainwright."
He nodded, "That sounds more practical, yes."

Anja wrote:"It is more ingrained indeed, however this is something I am afraid I can not discuss in detail."
The vampire said sounding a bit uneasy.
"But yes it is more than a law for me Mr Wainwright."
He nodded, "I understand, and I won't pry further."

Anja wrote:Mr Ameli shook your hand, his grip was strong but his hand reminded you of Dalisse's with bones so thin it felt more like holding a bird than shaking a human hand, the vampire's hand was also quite cold and smooth it felt like touching a gemstone that had been left outside in the cold autumn winds.
"That is quite acceptable for me Mr Wainwright."
He said and he added a slight smile.
He shook firmly, but gently, and smiled, "So be it; we meet here tomorrow evening around eight, unless something comes up, in which case we reschedule."

Anja wrote:"Prophetic ability like that is rare Mr Wainwright."
Mr Ameli said.
"But no not many know about my bloodline and we tend to prefer it that way, it means we are left alone to our studies and not bothered, though in this case it did not work out to well."
He said and frowned.
He smiled wryly, "My particular form of prophetic ability is rarer yet - my future self keeps jerking my present consciousness around, the bastard. But yes, I quite understand the desire for peace and quiet."

Anja wrote:"I suspect you are right about this Mr Wainwright."
The vampire said then he nodded.
"May I ask what the Nephandi where up to? What ritual where they trying to acomplish, I have seen signs of an incoming doom for some time, do you believe this might be related?"
He asked.
He shrugged, "Nothing you would have heard about, had they succeeded... Just the complete Unmaking of Reality, turning it back to the unrealized nonexistence before the concept of concepts was a thing. So yes, it would seem plausible that this was related to your signs of impending doom... though I'd caution not to breathe too easily just yet; there's always the chance of a boom tomorrow, even if there's no boom today."

Nicole wrote:'Fucking Fallen. Slowly dripping through everything like acid. Part of me suspects the Union's half-riddled with 'em. Would explain a lot.' the large woman muttered.
He nodded, "And I'm afraid we're not entirely uninfiltrated, either. But that's neither here nor there."

Nicole wrote:'A custom job... of a standard, old design. Good design, but old all the same. Don't know why the one doing the Primium work wouldn't have the prints of a few good choices.' Nicole replied, packing up the wires for the PDA and shoving them into a box.

'Wait... service pistol? What service?' she continued, slightly curious.
He nodded, "Obviously, if the poor thing is not going to be worth the effort of repairing anymore, Primium parts replacement is rather pointless, isn't it? If that turns out to be the case, I might as well see about investing in a completely new sidearm - and get that upgraded at the earliest opportunity. At the very least, getting the silver for the Primium isn't a great problem for me..."
He smiled, "Her Majesty's Royal Air Force. Flight Lieutenant, back in 1990; I earned my good looks, a few shiny bits of metal, and a respectable military pension during Desert Storm..."

((OOC: Well, then, I set a new personal record today, I think. My new character, after the last one died, lasted three combat rounds before he was utterly murderized. So the naïve, friendly Monk was replaced by a nine-years-old boy with a six foot teddy bear. The boy is a Summoner, the teddy bear is his Eidolon - an Aberration. A six foot teddy bear with the Disguise skill, I might add, so with a very good roll, Teddy passed for a big, silent human on the town with his little son... Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:55 am

[Cabal Meeting]

"I have no doubt, let us try to not get a to...eh heroic name though."

"I see..." Serge said in an uncertain tone as he flipped back a few pages in the notepad.

"Let's see....no...not that.....damn...." he started to say as he began crossing off items on the page.

Adley wrote:He looked at him for a moment then laughed suddenly. "Well, now you are talking like someone in this cabal. We just spent the last week dealing with plots to destroy the city and world."

"I've heard of your exploits. You guys really need a break." Serge said with a smile, glad that he was able to improve Adley's mood, even if it was for a moment.

Adley wrote:He wasn't sure what was going on with Jareth and Nicole. Maybe she just didn't like birds. But then he looked over at Serge. "Interesting. Some of the lower spirits I communicate with are like that. And the ones that use a language use one that is...hrm, how to say, a language that carries emotions as a part of its nature."

"Really? That's pretty cool. I think I heard someone mention that. Spirits talking through vague impressions and raw emotion." Serge said with a curious look on his face. "That must make for some interesting conversations..."

Colin wrote:He sighed, "That said, does anyone have any questions for Mr. Yager before we take him to the vote, as well?"

Serge gulped and placed his items on the table in front of him so that he would not be distracted while the others asked their questions. For anyone who cared to look, drawn on the notepad was what appeared to be a battle between a flaming phoenix and a lion with guns strapped to it's back.

He looked nervously at all the older mages surrounding him, attempting to anticipate the questions they would ask and desperately trying to think of some answer beforehand.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:37 am

"I would not want you to Miss Bouchard and if you do not think this Cabal is a good fit then I will do what I can to help you find one that will suit you better."
Bruce said and he nodded solemnly.
"It is not good for a mage to be on his or her own for then we tend to be made into targets, however I would not want you to just settle."

Serge stopped moving his pencil suddenly when he heard that. He didn't say anything and kept his head down but the look in his eyes showed the something Nicole said had resonated with him. He shook his head shortly after, as if to shake away bad memories and continued his drawing.

Bruce said nothing but he looked at the kid for a while before turning his attention back to the refreshment tray.

He chuckled at Serge's creative enthusiasm, then nodded more soberly, "Dr. Lee's presumed opinion does, however, not extend to an expressed vote, I'm afraid, unless he authorized you to vote on his behalf."

"No nothing like that, I just wanted to mention it."
Bruce said and shrugged.

He looked around the table, then nodded and made a few more notes. Then he took a deep breath, writing as he spoke, "Under the circumstances, while the votes are in Miss Bouchard's favour, offering full and immediate Cabal membership will quite clearly cause a measure of internal unrest. I therefore suggest offering a probationary membership until the last of this month,

Bruce nodded approvingly at that.

He sighed, "That said, does anyone have any questions for Mr. Yager before we take him to the vote, as well?"

"I do it actually have one question."
Bruce said and he turned to the younger mage and said.
"You are an induviual with allot of imagination Mr Yager, which is actually a good thing and something you should not be ashamed of ever, one of the reasons why I turned the Union down when they came knocking and offered me membership was that they have all the cool toys but none of the imagination, and im many ways your dreams are exactly what being a mage is all about, however being a dreamer can be one setp away from being a glory seeker, are you enough rooted in realty to understand that at times it can not be all daring do as in the movies but rather we have to sneak around, be careful or drop a fight all together? I would not want my Cabalmates hurt due to glory seeking."
He said as he regarded Serge.

(Colin's shop)

He nodded, "Some times, that's all you need - someone who loves you unconditionally."

"Yes sometimes that is all one needs."
The vampire agreed and he gently stroked his Raven's feathers.
"Sometimes that is all you need indeed, and Onyx have given me much joy and companionship."

He nodded, "That sounds more practical, yes."

"Same time tomorrow then Mr Wainwright?"
Mr Ameli asked.

He nodded, "I understand, and I won't pry further."

"Thank you Mr Wainwright I appreciate it."
He said and smiled slightly.

He shook firmly, but gently, and smiled, "So be it; we meet here tomorrow evening around eight, unless something comes up, in which case we reschedule."

"We have an accord then Mr Wainwright."
The vampire said and nodded before taking a step back it seamed that touching others where not something he did to often.
"Tomorrow at eight it is."

He smiled wryly, "My particular form of prophetic ability is rarer yet - my future self keeps jerking my present consciousness around, the bastard. But yes, I quite understand the desire for peace and quiet."

"That is quite interesting, I have heard something similar once from a rare lineage among the....ah our groups and Clans are probably not familiar to you Mr Wainwright so I will not go into to much details but that is certainly an interesting ability."
He said and nodded.

He shrugged, "Nothing you would have heard about, had they succeeded... Just the complete Unmaking of Reality, turning it back to the unrealized nonexistence before the concept of concepts was a thing. So yes, it would seem plausible that this was related to your signs of impending doom... though I'd caution not to breathe too easily just yet; there's always the chance of a boom tomorrow, even if there's no boom today."

"Well now that is quite horrifying."
Mr Ameli said you think his eyes widened a bit but it was hard to say with those all black eyes of his.
"It seams these Nephandi are indeed a great threat to us all."
Then he added a slight smile.
"And there is always boom tomorrow Mr Wainwright, there is always boom tomorrow."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:16 am

[Serge's Apartment]

Serge's Post:

Nicole was silent to this, though clearly had given her something to think about.

Serge's Post:

'Well, for starters we didn't call it a Chantry; it was a Laboratory.' halting outside her apartment door and pulling out her keys.

[Nicole's Apartment]

Colin's Post:

A grunt to this.

Colin's Post:

'From I see, this piece is solid; just needs a full refurb and a new barrel.' Nicole replied, pushing herself up off the floor. 'Just making the point that why clone this when you could instead do it with a newer, better design?'

Colin's Post:

'Desert Storm, eh?' she continued, with a thoughtful look on her face. 'Wasn't that the first war where more casualties were caused by blue-on-blue than the enemy?' moving over to a pile of washing and plunging her gloved hand into it.

[Holding off replying to Cabal 'till Strife replies]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:07 pm

Anja wrote:"We have an accord then Mr Wainwright."
The vampire said and nodded before taking a step back it seamed that touching others where not something he did to often.
"Tomorrow at eight it is."
Colin smiled and pointed toward a small display near the door, "Capital. And as a small gift for the consideration, with no strings attached, please, do help yourself to one of the lucky charms on the display there. They're Sterling silver, including the little metal loop that holds them, and they are, in fact, enchanted to make the bearer's day a little bit better for a while. Not by any means powerful, but they do tend to bring good things or ward off less good things."

Anja wrote:"That is quite interesting, I have heard something similar once from a rare lineage among the....ah our groups and Clans are probably not familiar to you Mr Wainwright so I will not go into to much details but that is certainly an interesting ability."
He said and nodded.
He nodded, "No, vampires are not among my prioritized subjects of study, though I have picked up a few details - a couple of Clans' peculiarities - but little past that. The most important thing for any Mage to know is that vampire blood is dangerous. But I am going out on a limb and guessing the rare lineage belongs to the Malkavian?"

"Well now that is quite horrifying."
Mr Ameli said you think his eyes widened a bit but it was hard to say with those all black eyes of his.
"It seams these Nephandi are indeed a great threat to us all."
Then he added a slight smile.
"And there is always boom tomorrow Mr Wainwright, there is always boom tomorrow."
He shrugged, "Less horrifying to be part of than one might think - the whole thing boiled down to a simple binary: either we stopped the Fallen, or they unmade Reality. There was no room for partial victory or partial loss - anything past preventing the end of the world was a bonus."
He smiled thinly, "As it happens, we were quite fortunate in the bonus department..."

Nicole wrote:'From I see, this piece is solid; just needs a full refurb and a new barrel.' Nicole replied, pushing herself up off the floor. 'Just making the point that why clone this when you could instead do it with a newer, better design?'
Colin smiled thinly, "Says the one with a 19th-century rifle. Mainly, the Browning lies comfortably in my hand; it's a familiar shape, a profile I know intimately after over 25 years. I'm sure you can relate to that at some level."

Nicole wrote:'Desert Storm, eh?' she continued, with a thoughtful look on her face. 'Wasn't that the first war where more casualties were caused by blue-on-blue than the enemy?' moving over to a pile of washing and plunging her gloved hand into it.
He grunted, "By a 100% margin, no less. There were a few questions raised regarding whose side the bloody Americans were on..."
He dragged a hand across the scars on his face, "Suffice to say, I'm not the only one wondering if all my headaches were caused by allegedly friendlies... though odds are it was not a lone American infantryman hiding between the buildings that shot me down."

((OOC: Like Nicole, I'll hold off the Cabal Meeting part until S7trif3's response.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:51 pm

[Colin's Shop]

Colin smiled and pointed toward a small display near the door, "Capital. And as a small gift for the consideration, with no strings attached, please, do help yourself to one of the lucky charms on the display there. They're Sterling silver, including the little metal loop that holds them, and they are, in fact, enchanted to make the bearer's day a little bit better for a while. Not by any means powerful, but they do tend to bring good things or ward off less good things."

"Ah that is most kind Mr Wainwright."
He said as he looked at the display and choose a charm in the shape of a swan.
"This is quite beautiful."
He said and held it up so his raven could look as well, Onyx gently pecked at it with his beak a few times before his owner took out his wallet and attached the trinket to it as a charm.
"It seams Onyx like it."

He nodded, "No, vampires are not among my prioritized subjects of study, though I have picked up a few details - a couple of Clans' peculiarities - but little past that. The most important thing for any Mage to know is that vampire blood is dangerous. But I am going out on a limb and guessing the rare lineage belongs to the Malkavian?"

"I have heard about Malkavians having unusual abilities yes but no the bloodline I am talking about is of the Brujah if you have heard of the name, though some say this bloodline is less so and more a Clan of it's own."
Mr Ameli said and smiled.
"And I would say you are fairly well informed for someone not of our own."

He shrugged, "Less horrifying to be part of than one might think - the whole thing boiled down to a simple binary: either we stopped the Fallen, or they unmade Reality. There was no room for partial victory or partial loss - anything past preventing the end of the world was a bonus."
He smiled thinly, "As it happens, we were quite fortunate in the bonus department..."

My Sire always warned me about mages and that no matter how tempting the knowledge your kind possess are to never get involved in your wars, it would seam though that staying clear might not be enough to keep safe from the schemes of one of your Factions at least."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:10 pm

[Cabal Meeting]

"You are an induviual with allot of imagination Mr Yager, which is actually a good thing and something you should not be ashamed of ever, one of the reasons why I turned the Union down when they came knocking and offered me membership was that they have all the cool toys but none of the imagination, and im many ways your dreams are exactly what being a mage is all about, however being a dreamer can be one setp away from being a glory seeker, are you enough rooted in realty to understand that at times it can not be all daring do as in the movies but rather we have to sneak around, be careful or drop a fight all together? I would not want my Cabalmates hurt due to glory seeking."

"W-well..." Serge stammered as he thought up an answer. "My actions and my words are very different things. I may like to say how much I want to be a hero or a badass but I know the reality of my situation. I know it all too well..." he said with a frown.

"I keep my dreams in my dreams. They only come out through my art and my magick. I know full well that if I actually tried to be what I wished I was, I would be shot to pieces. You don't have to be worried about me doing something stupid like charging headlong into a fight or not retreating from a lost fight." he assured the large orphan. "And there's sneaking around in movies. Spy movies are quite fun for that kind of stuff."

[Serge's Apartment]

'Well, for starters we didn't call it a Chantry; it was a Laboratory.' halting outside her apartment door and pulling out her keys.

"So it was full of mad scientists and technomancers? That sounds amazing! Did you guys have robot assistants everywhere? Or drones delivering you drinks?" he asked as he stopped behind Nicole, waiting for her to open the door.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:28 pm

"W-well..." Serge stammered as he thought up an answer. "My actions and my words are very different things. I may like to say how much I want to be a hero or a badass but I know the reality of my situation. I know it all too well..." Serge said with a frown.

"I keep my dreams in my dreams. They only come out through my art and my magick. I know full well that if I actually tried to be what I wished I was, I would be shot to pieces. You don't have to be worried about me doing something stupid like charging headlong into a fight or not retreating from a lost fight." he assured the large orphan. "And there's sneaking around in movies. Spy movies are quite fun for that kind of stuff."

Bruce looked at Serge for a moment then he nodded.
"Good, that is all I needed to hear then your imagination and enthusiasm are no problem and you should keep those."
He said.
"If we can take both Colin I see no reason not to accept the kid, he have useful skills and are a sweet kid and besides it might be nice for Bee to have someone in the Cabal that are her own age, after all she is just a kid herself. In addition Mr Yager is the apprentice of a shrink is he not? Well we have two healers of the physical body and Mr Karyak knows how to heal the spirit someone who can heal the mind would be useful."
The Orphan commented.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:11 pm

He nodded sagely, "The incident at the Umbral Port was, as they say, the bomb..."

He gave a sidelong glance at Colin's pun. "Thankfully, it was diffused!"

"I've heard of your exploits. You guys really need a break." Serge said with a smile

"That's what we're trying to do..."

"Really? That's pretty cool. I think I heard someone mention that. Spirits talking through vague impressions and raw emotion." Serge said with a curious look on his face. "That must make for some interesting conversations..."

"Spirits are intelligences and they can vary widely. Friendly conversations with them are usually interesting, they do not think the way we do."

'Only gonna deal with the new points. One, I gave the reference, didn't I? Even gave you a Hermetic one, just to be nice. Two, has it not crossed your mind that my reason for leaving Detroit may be purely personal and not your business? Might have had a messy break-up and wanted a fresh start. Checking the reference will show if it's something shit, no? Three, didn't insult the Chief - are you sure you're not just looking for shit that ain't there? Four, thank you. If anything else, it means we can see if we gel skills-wise. Five, can't blame suspicion when you offer me no reason not to start to suspect... for it's kept me alive.'

"Sure, it's crossed my mind that it could be personal. Also, it crossed my mind that it wasn't. So, thanks for the reference, if he's Hermetic he wont' be too surprised to see a message from us. I am not looking for shit that's not there. I'm not the only one who thought what you said was disrespectful. If we wanted to put one over on you, do you really think we'd bother telling you even one iota of the shit that's been going down with us?"

He looked around the table, then nodded and made a few more notes. Then he took a deep breath, writing as he spoke, "Under the circumstances, while the votes are in Miss Bouchard's favour, offering full and immediate Cabal membership will quite clearly cause a measure of internal unrest. I therefore suggest offering a probationary membership until the last of this month, during which Nicole Bouchard and Adley Roth Hicks will make some efforts to resolve their differences and grievances. I am not asking you to 'kiss and make up', nor demanding you become bosom buddies, merely that you take the time to find an understanding or common ground. I would recommend some manner of war games or similar endeavour that will not cause collateral damage in this world. Possibly, Master Sharaya or Miss Adlebloom may be willing to help set up some manner of virtual reality event where you can essentially have at it without risking any physical harm to yourselves. Does this sound agreeable to you both?"
He looked from Adley to Nicole, gauging their moods; from what he could tell, they were both remarkably fiery personalities, more alike than either would ever admit, perhaps, and if they could learn to channel that cooperatively, they might become an unstoppable force. If they could not... well, it would not be the first time something blew up in his face...

Adley's expression would fit well on most cats that were expressing annoyance and displeasure, but at least he didn't look as furious as he had been when she had talked about the Chief. Then again, there was a chocolate bar turned to sludge in front of them on the table. As Colin told them his verdict, his frown increased, though he didn't look surprised at the vote turnout. "I don't play video games. Master Sharaya likely has enough to do without setting up a virtual certamen. However, being cabal leader I accept your judgement, if not the particulars of how to get it done."

Serge gulped and placed his items on the table in front of him so that he would not be distracted while the others asked their questions. For anyone who cared to look, drawn on the notepad was what appeared to be a battle between a flaming phoenix and a lion with guns strapped to it's back.
He looked nervously at all the older mages surrounding him, attempting to anticipate the questions they would ask and desperately trying to think of some answer beforehand.
"W-well..." Serge stammered as he thought up an answer. "My actions and my words are very different things. I may like to say how much I want to be a hero or a badass but I know the reality of my situation. I know it all too well..." he said with a frown. "I keep my dreams in my dreams. They only come out through my art and my magick. I know full well that if I actually tried to be what I wished I was, I would be shot to pieces. You don't have to be worried about me doing something stupid like charging headlong into a fight or not retreating from a lost fight." he assured the large orphan. "And there's sneaking around in movies. Spy movies are quite fun for that kind of stuff."

"I don't understand why you would say one thing and act another way. There's nothing wrong with dreams, but your art is magick. What you draw has an impact on reality so can what you say, it's intent. Will. Where the mind goes, energy flows. At least, if you believe at all in it, and yourself. You can make arcane connections. That's why I was concerned when you drew that image, before. I don't know you very well, but one thing has stood out somewhat. I'm not sure how much you have had an impact helping people, though perhaps you do and instead choose to downplay it for some reason. Especially in the infirmary, and Beatrice. There are many ways to be a hero, and not all of them will look the same way. Really, this is a sort of question I would have expected to be asked from someone in my House, or perhaps Tytalus...I agree having a firm foundation is important. Without which lies the reminder of Marauders." He frowned. "And I don't mean the kind from Harry Potter."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:04 pm

[Cabal Meeting]

Bruce looked at Serge for a moment then he nodded.
"Good, that is all I needed to hear then your imagination and enthusiasm are no problem and you should keep those."
He said.
"If we can take both Colin I see no reason not to accept the kid, he have useful skills and are a sweet kid and besides it might be nice for Bee to have someone in the Cabal that are her own age, after all she is just a kid herself. In addition Mr Yager is the apprentice of a shrink is he not? Well we have two healers of the physical body and Mr Karyak knows how to heal the spirit someone who can heal the mind would be useful."
The Orphan commented.

Serge breathed a sigh of relief, as the answer seemed to satisfy the large Orphan. "Yeah. My mentor is a psychologist. She'd love to hear that I joined a cabal. She's always telling to make more friends."

Adley wrote:"I don't understand why you would say one thing and act another way. There's nothing wrong with dreams, but your art is magick. What you draw has an impact on reality so can what you say, it's intent. Will. Where the mind goes, energy flows. At least, if you believe at all in it, and yourself. You can make arcane connections. That's why I was concerned when you drew that image, before. I don't know you very well, but one thing has stood out somewhat. I'm not sure how much you have had an impact helping people, though perhaps you do and instead choose to downplay it for some reason. Especially in the infirmary, and Beatrice. There are many ways to be a hero, and not all of them will look the same way. Really, this is a sort of question I would have expected to be asked from someone in my House, or perhaps Tytalus...I agree having a firm foundation is important. Without which lies the reminder of Marauders." He frowned. "And I don't mean the kind from Harry Potter."

"Sorry. The downplaying thing is a bad habit I picked up when I was young." Serge explained with a sigh. "Say I'm terrible at something and surprise people when I'm actually not. I managed to fix it for a while but it's been slowly coming back."

"But trust me, it won't get in the way of my magick or me helping anyone. I know there's more to the world than just saving it. There's plenty of small things we can do that can have a big or small impact on the world, whether it's just one person's world or several. Regardless, you do things because its the right thing to do, not because it'll earn you fame or respect, or change the world." Serge said earnestly. "A friendly bandit queen told me that."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:20 pm

Bruce was quiet as the conversation continued, looking at the melted candy bar now more suited as soft squeeze for cake decorating and he sigh and got up and went to the kitchen, he gave Colin a look to ask permission and unless the other Orphan said something against it he took a glass, let the tap run until it was good and cold and then put the glass before Adley, clearly thinking the Flambeau might need something to cool him down considering the state of the chocolate but he would not embarrass his Cabalmate by commenting on it.

Serge breathed a sigh of relief, as the answer seemed to satisfy the large Orphan. "Yeah. My mentor is a psychologist. She'd love to hear that I joined a cabal. She's always telling to make more friends."

Bruce nodded at that.
"Friends are a good thing to have, that remind me how is the Deaconess doing?"
He inquired about the good doctor's recovery. Your Mentor was still bedridden but she had been able to move from the infirmary to her own bedroom and had started seeing some of her patients at home from her bed though only one or two a day so far.

"A friendly bandit queen told me that."

"A bandit queen Mr Yager?"
Bruce asked and he gave the young Cultist a confused look.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:23 am

Bruce was quiet as the conversation continued, looking at the melted candy bar now more suited as soft squeeze for cake decorating and he sigh and got up and went to the kitchen, he gave Colin a look to ask permission and unless the other Orphan said something against it he took a glass, let the tap run until it was good and cold and then put the glass before Adley, clearly thinking the Flambeau might need something to cool him down considering the state of the chocolate but he would not embarrass his Cabalmate by commenting on it.

He raised an eyebrow at Bruce if the water was put by him. To Colin, he said, "Can I put this in your fridge?" he said, nodding to the candy.

"Sorry. The downplaying thing is a bad habit I picked up when I was young." Serge explained with a sigh. "Say I'm terrible at something and surprise people when I'm actually not. I managed to fix it for a while but it's been slowly coming back."

'I see. Well, here is a counterargument. Saying you are bad at things you're not actually unskilled at means that you might miss opportunities that could have been offered to you, or for us to think of you when we need someone with those skills, so the chances of you showing your true potential could end up fewer. Also, by not taking praise that you deserve, it might come off that you are trying to get us to convince you otherwise, that you're a liar, or setting up a 'take that', when people fall for the ruse." He shrugged. "My viewpoint comes from my training and the way the Order of Hermes operates as much as anything else in my past. We are expected to more or less stand on our feet and be able to back up what we ay we can do; admitting inferiority for no reason would earn no laurels. Of course, you're not a Hermetic but perhaps that explains why I discussed it."

"But trust me, it won't get in the way of my magick or me helping anyone. I know there's more to the world than just saving it. There's plenty of small things we can do that can have a big or small impact on the world, whether it's just one person's world or several. Regardless, you do things because its the right thing to do, not because it'll earn you fame or respect, or change the world." Serge said earnestly. "A friendly bandit queen told me that."

"Very well. All that is true...though I'm not sure to whom you are referring?" he said, echoing Bruce's question. "I have no other questions right now," he added. He was ready to put up a hand for Serge when Colin called the vote.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:04 am

Adley's Post:

'You would tell, if you knew I'd find out immediately anyway. Not only would you get kudos for "being honest", but it would also mean when I found out the truth I'd be in too deep to walk.' Nicole replied. 'Not saying you are doing that now. But don't tell me that's not been pulled before.' tone sounding like a person who'd had too much experience of being tricked and manipulated to trust easily.

Anja's Post:

'I don't know I'd be a good fit or not. That's the thing. No offence, but I'm being asked to swap everything for "what's in this box". Let me put it this way; I see being part of a group as important enough that I wouldn't simply jump in unseen.'

Colin's Post:

Adley's Post:

Nicole's eyes were slightly narrowed, alertly watching Adley's reaction to the words; perhaps appraising being the best description. While her dislike for the Hermetic was plain, she appeared in control enough of her emotions. Then she gave a shrug; one that she was suspicious to whether it would work. 'Okay. We'll set something up, then.'

Serge's Post:

'Don't knock movies. Excellent source on lessons of "how not to do things", they are.' Nicole commented, giving the tiniest of wry smiles.

[Nicole's Apartment]

Colin's Post:

'It's my backup piece. 'That and it's not all from that far back; cannibalised build.' Nicole replied, hand exploring the pile. 'Nor would I decide to build a new Mosin from scratch either if I had the chance. Get what you mean, though; but adjusting ain't hard, and it helps to be familiar with all sorts of weapons.'

Colin's Post:

Oddly enough, Nicole laughed at this. 'What, wasn't it obvious what side they were on? Exxon-Mobil's.'

[Serge's Adventure]

Serge's Post:

'What, you think it was all shiny and futuristic and we'd regularly start a meeting with someone announcing "good news, everyone!"' Nicole replied with a little smile, opening the door and going into the apartment.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:06 am

[Cabal Meeting, 10 AM, Wednesday September 30th]
Anja wrote:"No nothing like that, I just wanted to mention it."
Bruce said and shrugged.
Colin nodded.

Jeremy wrote:"I see..." Serge said in an uncertain tone as he flipped back a few pages in the notepad.

"Let's see....no...not that.....damn...." he started to say as he began crossing off items on the page.
He arched an eyebrow, a faint hint of amusement clear in his voice, "Have you spent a long time preparing a list of suggestions?"

Nicole wrote:'You would tell, if you knew I'd find out immediately anyway. Not only would you get kudos for "being honest", but it would also mean when I found out the truth I'd be in too deep to walk.' Nicole replied. 'Not saying you are doing that now. But don't tell me that's not been pulled before.' tone sounding like a person who'd had too much experience of being tricked and manipulated to trust easily.
He frowned, "I hope, Miss Bouchard, that this is not a scenario you've personally experienced often? I assure you, we don't do that sort of thing - if we compartmentalize information and not let you in on it, it would be to protect you as much as anything else. While there are matters to which the entire Cabal is not yet privy, there's a continuous assessment of whether knowing or not knowing a matter is safer for each member."

'I don't know I'd be a good fit or not. That's the thing. No offence, but I'm being asked to swap everything for "what's in this box". Let me put it this way; I see being part of a group as important enough that I wouldn't simply jump in unseen.'
He smiled wryly, "More like you're asked to stack your boxes with ours - and not all the boxes are clearly labeled as to their contents. But I am quite confident none of the boxes contain Gwyneth Paltrow's severed head."

S7trif3 wrote:Adley's expression would fit well on most cats that were expressing annoyance and displeasure, but at least he didn't look as furious as he had been when she had talked about the Chief. Then again, there was a chocolate bar turned to sludge in front of them on the table. As Colin told them his verdict, his frown increased, though he didn't look surprised at the vote turnout. "I don't play video games. Master Sharaya likely has enough to do without setting up a virtual certamen. However, being cabal leader I accept your judgement, if not the particulars of how to get it done."
Nicole wrote:Nicole's eyes were slightly narrowed, alertly watching Adley's reaction to the words; perhaps appraising being the best description. While her dislike for the Hermetic was plain, she appeared in control enough of her emotions. Then she gave a shrug; one that she was suspicious to whether it would work. 'Okay. We'll set something up, then.'
He nodded, "I am sure something can be arranged without necessarily involving computers, from a few games of Risk to a poker night to working together to utterly demolish everything within a pocket realm... or you could sit down and plan a few hypothetical combat scenarios together, to find out how to best employ one another's skills. The important thing is that I want you to try to figure one another out a bit before a real combat scenario comes up, rather than in the middle of one."

Jeremy wrote:Serge gulped and placed his items on the table in front of him so that he would not be distracted while the others asked their questions. For anyone who cared to look, drawn on the notepad was what appeared to be a battle between a flaming phoenix and a lion with guns strapped to it's back.

He glanced at the page, then briefly from Nicole to Adley with a thin smile, then looked around the table again.

Anja wrote:Bruce was quiet as the conversation continued, looking at the melted candy bar now more suited as soft squeeze for cake decorating and he sigh and got up and went to the kitchen, he gave Colin a look to ask permission and unless the other Orphan said something against it he took a glass, let the tap run until it was good and cold and then put the glass before Adley, clearly thinking the Flambeau might need something to cool him down considering the state of the chocolate but he would not embarrass his Cabalmate by commenting on it.
He gave Bruce a small nod, arching an eyebrow.

S7trif3 wrote:He raised an eyebrow at Bruce if the water was put by him. To Colin, he said, "Can I put this in your fridge?" he said, nodding to the candy.
He nodded, "Go ahead... er, I would recommend hiding it behind the pickles on the second shelf if you don't want it to accidentally disappear in your absence... unless it's just for a few minutes."

Anja wrote:"I do it actually have one question."
Jeremy wrote:"W-well..." Serge stammered as he thought up an answer. "My actions and my words are very different things. I may like to say how much I want to be a hero or a badass but I know the reality of my situation. I know it all too well..." he said with a frown.

Nicole wrote:'Don't knock movies. Excellent source on lessons of "how not to do things", they are.' Nicole commented, giving the tiniest of wry smiles.
Anja wrote:Bruce looked at Serge for a moment then he nodded.
He said.
The Orphan commented.
S7trif3 wrote:"I don't understand why you would say one thing and act another way. There's nothing wrong with dreams, but your art is magick. What you draw has an impact on reality so can what you say, it's intent. Will. Where the mind goes, energy flows. At least, if you believe at all in it, and yourself. You can make arcane connections. That's why I was concerned when you drew that image, before. I don't know you very well, but one thing has stood out somewhat. I'm not sure how much you have had an impact helping people, though perhaps you do and instead choose to downplay it for some reason. Especially in the infirmary, and Beatrice. There are many ways to be a hero, and not all of them will look the same way. Really, this is a sort of question I would have expected to be asked from someone in my House, or perhaps Tytalus...I agree having a firm foundation is important. Without which lies the reminder of Marauders." He frowned. "And I don't mean the kind from Harry Potter."

Anja wrote:"A bandit queen Mr Yager?"
Bruce asked and he gave the young Cultist a confused look.
S7trif3 wrote:'I see. Well, here is a counterargument. Saying you are bad at things you're not actually unskilled at means that you might miss opportunities that could have been offered to you, or for us to think of you when we need someone with those skills, so the chances of you showing your true potential could end up fewer. Also, by not taking praise that you deserve, it might come off that you are trying to get us to convince you otherwise, that you're a liar, or setting up a 'take that', when people fall for the ruse." He shrugged. "My viewpoint comes from my training and the way the Order of Hermes operates as much as anything else in my past. We are expected to more or less stand on our feet and be able to back up what we ay we can do; admitting inferiority for no reason would earn no laurels. Of course, you're not a Hermetic but perhaps that explains why I discussed it."
S7trif3 wrote:"Very well. All that is true...though I'm not sure to whom you are referring?" he said, echoing Bruce's question. "I have no other questions right now," he added. He was ready to put up a hand for Serge when Colin called the vote.
He nodded thoughtfully, making a few notes on one of the pages again. Then he smiled to Serge, "Just keep in mind, son, that there's a difference between modestly downplaying your skill, and denying that you have such skills whatsoever. As an example, I am tolerably good at drawing geometric figures..." he quickly drew a perfect Fibonacci spiral on a blank page, rectangles and all, "like this; repeated patterns are also something that comes fairly easily, but you've got the gift for creating art with your penmanship, something I could not do in years."

He smiled warmly, "Well, then, the vote on offering membership to Serge Yager. As with Miss Bouchard, simple show of hands; all in favour?"
He raised his hand smoothly.

Anja wrote:"Ah that is most kind Mr Wainwright."
He said as he looked at the display and choose a charm in the shape of a swan.
"This is quite beautiful."
He said and held it up so his raven could look as well, Onyx gently pecked at it with his beak a few times before his owner took out his wallet and attached the trinket to it as a charm.
"It seams Onyx like it."
He smiled, "It's a shiny trinket - it seems birds often favour those almost as much as humans do. Corvids especially, though it's the magpie that's gained the most widely spread reputation for hoarding."

"I have heard about Malkavians having unusual abilities yes but no the bloodline I am talking about is of the Brujah if you have heard of the name, though some say this bloodline is less so and more a Clan of it's own."
Mr Ameli said and smiled.
"And I would say you are fairly well informed for someone not of our own."
He smiled thinly, "I am not familiar with the Brujah, I'm afraid - I have only had the opportunity to recently encounter a couple of clans; the Malkavians, who see things... differently, it seems, the Tremere, whose tragic past is the reason why the Order of Hermes has a specific law against dealing with vampires, and I've heard mention of a couple others."

My Sire always warned me about mages and that no matter how tempting the knowledge your kind possess are to never get involved in your wars, it would seam though that staying clear might not be enough to keep safe from the schemes of one of your Factions at least."
He nodded sagely, "Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger... I do believe there's a diminuitive vampire in Chicago who learned the full consequences of that a little too late. Seems like his aligning himself with the Nephandi there led to the Prince's people discovering of a pack of Baali in one of his apartments... strange how that could happen."
He smiled thinly, "That said, I do believe in trying to keep a line of communications open to help prevent such needless... meddling in one another's affairs."

Nicole wrote:'It's my backup piece. 'That and it's not all from that far back; cannibalised build.' Nicole replied, hand exploring the pile. 'Nor would I decide to build a new Mosin from scratch either if I had the chance. Get what you mean, though; but adjusting ain't hard, and it helps to be familiar with all sorts of weapons.'
He nodded, "I can't dispute that, but to be honest, this past week was the first time I was in actual combat in the past quarter of a century. I've never really seen much need for keeping a wide range of arms - with the exception of keeping my gunship qualifications up to date. And while I have no great difficulties using a different gun than the old girl there, it's just less comfortable in the hand. Not so you'd notice from my marksmanship, but it feels as though I start getting calluses in new locations in my palm."

Nicole wrote:Oddly enough, Nicole laughed at this. 'What, wasn't it obvious what side they were on? Exxon-Mobil's.'
He grimaced, "That would be the 2003 Iraq war, not the one that happened while the Soviet Union was still around. Well, at least, it was not obvious without hindsight, since we were sent in to intervene in actual sovereignty trespasses rather than some accusation of WMDs that the CIA finally found the receipts for..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 30  Next