Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blood Money, Sick Cyborgs and Hidden Plans IC Thread 33

5 posters

Page 10 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 30  Next

Go down

Blood Money, Sick Cyborgs and Hidden Plans IC Thread 33 - Page 10 Empty Re: Blood Money, Sick Cyborgs and Hidden Plans IC Thread 33

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:07 pm

[Colin's Room]

"Eh whatever it is I'm sure it still looks cool." Serge said chuckling.

"Well yes they do sort of look cool."
Beatrice agreed with a chuckle.

"You got that right. Not just him. Everyone in the chantry tries to protect each other." Serge said with a smile.

"Yeah...we do..."
Anna said and she smiled a little at that seamed to calm down more.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Blood Money, Sick Cyborgs and Hidden Plans IC Thread 33 - Page 10 Empty Re: Blood Money, Sick Cyborgs and Hidden Plans IC Thread 33

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:16 pm

[Chantry Garage]

Anja's Post:

'Yes... and no. This means we now have the means of setting a trap.' Nicole replied, giving a grim smirk.

Anja's Post:

'How did you know he was a bloodsucker? What was he trying to get you to do? And... wrong? How wrong?' ending with a puzzled frown, momentarily distracted.

Anja's Post:

'Think we're about to get closer...' Nicole muttered, looking at her cell for a moment with wry little smile on her face. Then answered it. 'Morning, Paul. What can I do for you?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:17 pm

[Colin's Room]

Anja wrote:"Well yes they do sort of look cool."

"And that's what matters." Serge said with a smile. "How are you guys gonna do it? Are you gonna do some kinda combined spellcasting team attack or just do it your own separate ways and see who can make the bigger bolt." he asked, thinking that talking about doing magick would help calm Anna down further.

Anja wrote:"Yeah...we do..."

"Speaking everyone...I wonder if my Uncle made it to Master Steelhaven's room." Serge said glancing at Narim.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:45 pm

[Chantry Garage]

'Yes... and no. This means we now have the means of setting a trap.' Nicole replied, giving a grim smirk.

"This is true and if we get one of the bastards we can get this person to tell us more about what is going on."
Adjan agreed with a slight smile.

'How did you know he was a bloodsucker? What was he trying to get you to do? And... wrong? How wrong?' ending with a puzzled frown, momentarily distracted.

"The fangs growing out of his face was sort of a giveaway."
Devon said.
"I came over this guy with a flat tire when heading home last night and I stopped to help, and he started rambling, said I was the wrong person so his employer would not be pleased so he was clearly touched in the head, then he attacked me and bit me in the shoulder, he did not really try to get me to do anything but if these critters feed on a person they feel pleasure so great it just knock you right out, it like with the parasites living in little animals which makes mice hot for cat piss so they will enjoy being eaten so they will spread the parasites, like that only worse, but my mind is protected from that bullshit so while he was feeding I shot him."
The other Etheirte explained.

'Think we're about to get closer...' Nicole muttered, looking at her cell for a moment with wry little smile on her face. Then answered it. 'Morning, Paul. What can I do for you?'

"Yeah...I am just calling to check something Nicole."
Paul said.
"There is this guy here asking for you by name, asked if you did not often work weekends. He wants his car tuned up the thing is this guy gives me the creep so I told him I would check when you where next coming in and decided to tall to check you don't have a stalker or something like that, I mean it could just be an old man making things up but I seriously don't like this guy."

[Colin's Room]

"And that's what matters." Serge said with a smile. "How are you guys gonna do it? Are you gonna do some kinda combined spellcasting team attack or just do it your own separate ways and see who can make the bigger bolt." he asked, thinking that talking about doing magick would help calm Anna down further.

"Well no what such a bolt can be used for is what matters."
Beatrice said.
"Hum...well probably best if each of us make our own bolt, for me I will slice open my skin and mix my blood with that of the unicersa an by that draw out of of that blood and well, make a ball of it."
The Verbena said.
"I use words and gestures Sir to direct energies."
Anna said and smiled.

"Speaking everyone...I wonder if my Uncle made it to Master Steelhaven's room." Serge said glancing at Narim.

"I suspect he have done so by now so we should hear back soon."
Amadeus said and nodded.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:53 pm

[Colin's Apartment]

"Why don't I make more tea for us all I need to run a search on my computer anyway."
Narim said as he tapped his phone and pulled a full size lap top out of the screen.

"Sure, thank you..." he said, watching as he plucked a laptop out of his phone.

"Are you getting letters from Nephandi Mr Wainwright?"
Amadeus said and he raised and eyebrow.
"Who is this June?"

"Someone that could be a kicker for their local team," he grumbled with a scowl on his face. "Also, a Fallen who was forced to try to blow the dock on a do or die mission from the Nephandi."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:20 pm

[Garage]
Anja wrote:"I am glad the young woman will not end up in such a situation then."
Adjan said.
"If she is not Fallen then she have a good chance to make it."
Colin nodded, "With a Mentor like Master Adimari, she could have a good shot at becoming a renowned Quaesitor, even."

Nicole wrote:'Perhaps in a bit... don't know. At that point where I know I should be doing something, but ain't sure what that "thing" is.' ending with a little sigh. 'Can pick that up if you want; chances are I'll be heading out soon enough anyway...'
He nodded, "If you do, send me a message; I'll let you know if I get it first. I'll make sure Dino knows to trust you with it."

[Colin's Apartment]
S7trif3 wrote:He took the tea and nodded to Beatrice, then said to Colin, "Maybe you need this more than I do."
He smiled at the cup, "Ah, thank you... It's a bit of a stressful day."

Anja wrote:"Are you sure dad?"
Anna asked and looked at you still sobbing.
"Yes I am sure you can cast magick if you really try."
Beatrice said.
"You will be fine kid."
The Verbena said. Anna still looked nervous though.
"Come on let me do it with you kid."
Beatrice said and she sat down in the sofa.
"I can do magick again now to so let us make a primal bolt."
The Verbena said and Anna looked up at you.
"I...guess I could try...if my dad allow me to."
She muttered at least she was calming down a little.
Jeremy wrote:"I wanna see this. Primal bolts are like super lightning disintegration blasts." Serge said excitedly, wanting to see Anna and Beatrice do a combined spell.
Anja wrote:"Well it is more the energy that is the life blood of this universe getting concentrated and made into a bolt."
Beatrice said with a slight smile.
Jeremy wrote:"Eh whatever it is I'm sure it still looks cool." Serge said chuckling.
Anja wrote:"Well yes they do sort of look cool."
Jeremy wrote:"And that's what matters." Serge said with a smile. "How are you guys gonna do it? Are you gonna do some kinda combined spellcasting team attack or just do it your own separate ways and see who can make the bigger bolt." he asked, thinking that talking about doing magick would help calm Anna down further.
Anja wrote:"Well no what such a bolt can be used for is what matters."
Beatrice said.
"Hum...well probably best if each of us make our own bolt, for me I will slice open my skin and mix my blood with that of the unicersa an by that draw out of of that blood and well, make a ball of it."
The Verbena said.
Anna said and smiled.
He frowned slightly, "Er... could you perhaps consider something with, er, less destructive capability? Perhaps, say, create an alarming ward on a bottle or jar, in case someone opens it?"

Jeremy wrote:"Illusions, just like my own. And just like my illusions they're temporary." Serge said softly. "Remember, this is the timeline where you've been kept far away from needles. Your gonna be alright. Even your dad thinks so. And you know your dad's never wrong." he added with a slight smirk.
Anja wrote:"Your illusions Sir but could they make someone feel physical sick?"
Anna asked and Beatrice nodded.
"Yeah sure they can, let us say he make us see that we are spinning around real fast I bet we would feel naucious."
The Verbena said and Anna nodded.
"Yeah I guess so and you are right my dad is never wrong, other than when he claims I should have a bed time, then he is wrong."
She said and seamed to cheer up a little.
Jeremy wrote:"Of course. Bed times are dumb but other than that your dad is always right." Serge said returning the smile, glad to see Anna's mood improving.
Anja wrote:"Yeah other than bed times he is always right."
Anna agreed and nodded.
"And he have protected me since we met, he would not let something bad happen to me."
She said and she smiled slightly.
Jeremy wrote:"You got that right. Not just him. Everyone in the chantry tries to protect each other." Serge said with a smile.
Anja wrote:"Yeah...we do..."
He gave Serge a thin smile and a look as if to say there would be a repayment due for this, "I suppose I could be persuaded to make some concessions on bedtime after this... But yes, no-one is going to hurt Anna without facing my righteous wrath. And if I'm really angry, that of our lawyer, too."

S7trif3 wrote:He made a sort of gesture to cut the talk of the needle.
Jeremy wrote:"O-Ok." Serge said a little disturbed by the sudden dirty look.
Anja wrote:"Ah yes off course do forgive me Mr Wainwright."
Amadeus said and he stopped talking. Anna glanced in that direction nervously.
He nodded, "Nothing to worry about, Sweetie. It's not real."

Anja wrote:"Are you getting letters from Nephandi Mr Wainwright?"
Amadeus said and he raised and eyebrow.
"Who is this June?"
S7trif3 wrote:"Someone that could be a kicker for their local team," he grumbled with a scowl on his face. "Also, a Fallen who was forced to try to blow the dock on a do or die mission from the Nephandi."
He arched an eyebrow, "Well, more of a do and die mission, really... She was slipped in holding the reins on a huge Ball of Abysmal Flame; she was not supposed to survive the blast herself, either. Nor was, well, the Umbral Port or the mundane airport, or most of the surrounding area, really. She was one of Diego's apprentices, and in that case, both the apples fell miles away from the tree..."

S7trif3 wrote:He blinked as he took the paper and unfolded it to read. "It's not addressed to me, and...I'm not sure what to make of this aside from how unwise it was for them to send it." He sighed. "But I don't believe in coincidences, not when it comes in such proximity like this..."
He nodded, "If the Chief allows it, I mean to use it to reach out an question them about this new faction. It may be serious enough to permit contact with Fallen who have parted ways with the Nephandi. I don't like the idea of doing so, obviously, but... Tian just might feel indebted to me, since I saved his daughter from..." He glanced at Anna, "Well, Abigail's attempt to collect the Awakened girl."
He frowned, "Bugger, if a captured version of Tian was here, that might mean he was captured instead of escaping at the no-tell clinic... which could mean... I've got to check with Morningstar if there are any oddities around Egypt."

Anja wrote:Anna nodded.
"I...guess so dad...those are good wards, but why do I feel like this, I feel so hungry but at the same time I feel sick and my heard and arms hurt and my magick feel like it is wrapped in cotton."
The young girl said tears rolling down her cheeks.
"I am scared dad!"
He nodded, "You're feeling the echoes of pain and discomfort you never had to go through. It is scary as nothing else... but I promise, we'll do everything we can to drive a wedge between the timelines again, make sure you're hale and hearty as you're supposed to be."

((OOC: So, Adventurers' League today. Went well, no-one died. Which was all thanks to the players thinking a little instead of going all-out murderhobo. They had to figure out what was going on with an old golem-maker. An 85-year-old Sorcerer with advanced dementia. A scared, confused old man who can cast 9th-level spells instinctively when frightened, and who has a small troop of shield guardians and iron golems in his mansion can be a dangerous thing to fight... so fortunately, they didn't actually try to fight anyone. Though the Fighter in the party did find a shiny new Animated Armor that he put on and wore. He didn't find out about it being animated until after it acted on an order, though... Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:39 pm

[Colin's Apartment]

He smiled at the cup, "Ah, thank you... It's a bit of a stressful day."

"Bee made it," he said, sounding as if he were reassuring him that it would not taste bad.

He arched an eyebrow, "Well, more of a do and die mission, really... She was slipped in holding the reins on a huge Ball of Abysmal Flame; she was not supposed to survive the blast herself, either. Nor was, well, the Umbral Port or the mundane airport, or most of the surrounding area, really. She was one of Diego's apprentices, and in that case, both the apples fell miles away from the tree..."

"True enough," he nodded at the correction. "Unsurprisingly, she wasn't too keen on being used as a catspaw nor sent to her immediate death."

He nodded, "If the Chief allows it, I mean to use it to reach out an question them about this new faction. It may be serious enough to permit contact with Fallen who have parted ways with the Nephandi. I don't like the idea of doing so, obviously, but... Tian just might feel indebted to me, since I saved his daughter from..." He glanced at Anna, "Well, Abigail's attempt to collect the Awakened girl." He frowned, "Bugger, if a captured version of Tian was here, that might mean he was captured instead of escaping at the no-tell clinic... which could mean... I've got to check with Morningstar if there are any oddities around Egypt."

"Not only will the Chief not allow us contacting our enemies like that, the protocols will not allow it, either. However, I can go tell him about this and also try to see if we can contact Morningstar, see if anything strange has started to happen there and give them a heads up," he offered, looking glad to have something to do other than fret.

// lol re: the armor, that's great. Sounds like a fun adventure

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:42 pm

[Colin's Apartment]

Anja wrote:"Well no what such a bolt can be used for is what matters."
Beatrice said.
"Hum...well probably best if each of us make our own bolt, for me I will slice open my skin and mix my blood with that of the unicerse an by that draw out of of that blood and well, make a ball of it."
The Verbena said.
Anna said and smiled.

"You guys have such cool ways of doing magick." Serge said with a smile. "I can't even imagine how I'd do something like that. Probably by screaming a really long attack name until the universe decides to just let me have primal energy for the attack. Or I just draw it."

Anja wrote:He frowned slightly, "Er... could you perhaps consider something with, er, less destructive capability? Perhaps, say, create an alarming ward on a bottle or jar, in case someone opens it?"

"Booo, that's boring." Serge said humorously. "You can't see wards...at least most of the time. We need something flashy. Something big. Something that clearly says "I'm doing magick!". Disintegration bolts are perfect for that. We just need a target.....do the bolt go through things or just stop after it's annihilated one thing?"

Anja wrote:He gave Serge a thin smile and a look as if to say there would be a repayment due for this, "I suppose I could be persuaded to make some concessions on bedtime after this... But yes, no-one is going to hurt Anna without facing my righteous wrath. And if I'm really angry, that of our lawyer, too."

"No, not the lawyers. That's just cruel and unusual punishment." Serge said with a smile.  

Anja wrote:"I suspect he have done so by now so we should hear back soon."
Amadeus said and nodded.

"So now we wait." Serge said rocking back and forth a little, "God I hate waiting."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:53 pm

[Chantry Garage]

Colin's Post:
Nicole gave a "will do" nod.

[Chantry Workshop]

Anja's Post:

'That's... weird. The "wrong person" part. Wonder who the right person was.' she mused for a moment. 'Assume you've told the Chief everything?'

Anja's Post:

'Hmm...' she said down the phone line, though Miles would see a shit-eating grin growing on her face. 'They're there right now, right? Well, you can say you'd forgot I was going down Rockland ways for parts before coming in, can't ya? That I should be in 'bout half-hour to an hour... right?' ending with a "just play along, I'll explain later" tone.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:21 pm

[Garage]

Colin nodded, "With a Mentor like Master Adimari, she could have a good shot at becoming a renowned Quaesitor, even."

"Well a member of House Guernicus at least I am not so sure someone with her background would be allowed to have the title Quesitor and be a Enforcer."
Adjan said sounding doubtful.

That's... weird. The "wrong person" part. Wonder who the right person was.' she mused for a moment. 'Assume you've told the Chief everything?'

"Yes it is really weird."
Miles agreed.
"Yes I informed the Chief as soon as I had returned to the Chantry."
He confirmed.

Hmm...' she said down the phone line, though Miles would see a shit-eating grin growing on her face. 'They're there right now, right? Well, you can say you'd forgot I was going down Rockland ways for parts before coming in, can't ya? That I should be in 'bout half-hour to an hour... right?' ending with a "just play along, I'll explain later" tone.

"Yeah sure...I will tell him that, he is still here right out in the shop."
Paul agreed.
"Half an hour to an hour got it as long as you think you will be safe."
He muttered with a huff. Miles gave you a confused look but he did not say anything as long as you where on the phone.

[Colin's Apartment]

"Sure, thank you..." he said, watching as he plucked a laptop out of his phone.

"Not a problem."
Narim said as he put on tea and then started typing on his computer.

"Someone that could be a kicker for their local team," he grumbled with a scowl on his face. "Also, a Fallen who was forced to try to blow the dock on a do or die mission from the Nephandi."

"I see but if this woman is Fallen, even if she have left the Nephandi...she would still be illegal to contact."
Amadeus said and frowned.

He frowned slightly, "Er... could you perhaps consider something with, er, less destructive capability? Perhaps, say, create an alarming ward on a bottle or jar, in case someone opens it?"

"Booo, that's boring." Serge said humorously. "You can't see wards...at least most of the time. We need something flashy. Something big. Something that clearly says "I'm doing magick!". Disintegration bolts are perfect for that. We just need a target.....do the bolt go through things or just stop after it's annihilated one thing?"

"We are not going to toss the bolts Serge nor do they disintegrate things unless we are made extremely powerful, as for your question they would exist for as long as the mage in question managed to maintain them."
Beatrice said then she turned to Colin and said.
"We can however while Serge might be over eager he do have a point, a prime bolt can be seen, it is visible proof of her magick working, and they are not dangerous unless one actually toss them at someone or try to use them as a weapon, not that it is my place to comment on what spells you allow your apprentice to use."

He gave Serge a thin smile and a look as if to say there would be a repayment due for this, "I suppose I could be persuaded to make some concessions on bedtime after this... But yes, no-one is going to hurt Anna without facing my righteous wrath. And if I'm really angry, that of our lawyer, too."

"Really dad? For bedtime sucks."
Anna said then she nodded.
"Well you have always protected me."
She said and nodded.

He nodded, "Nothing to worry about, Sweetie. It's not real."

"But...it is a needle right..."
Anna said and she pushed herself into a corner of the sofa as far away from the syringe as she could get.
"Are you sure it is not real da?"
She asked nervously.

"Ah Diego that was the...ehm opera singer right that everyone hated?"
Amadeus said then he nodded.
"I remember the situation I was told about it...so this is the Nephanda who escaped from that event?"
The old Verbena asked.

He nodded, "If the Chief allows it, I mean to use it to reach out an question them about this new faction. It may be serious enough to permit contact with Fallen who have parted ways with the Nephandi. I don't like the idea of doing so, obviously, but... Tian just might feel indebted to me, since I saved his daughter from..." He glanced at Anna, "Well, Abigail's attempt to collect the Awakened girl."

"I am not sure about the legalities of it precisely but it is iffy at best."
Amadeus said and frowned. Anna looked down.
"Yeah...ehm...sorry about that."
She muttered softly.

He frowned, "Bugger, if a captured version of Tian was here, that might mean he was captured instead of escaping at the no-tell clinic... which could mean... I've got to check with Morningstar if there are any oddities around Egypt."

"I take it the little girl you saved is named Egypt then and you do not mean Egypt as in the nation."
Amadeus said and he raised an eyebrow.

He nodded, "You're feeling the echoes of pain and discomfort you never had to go through. It is scary as nothing else... but I promise, we'll do everything we can to drive a wedge between the timelines again, make sure you're hale and hearty as you're supposed to be."

Anna looked at you and wiped tears from her eyes.
"I don't like this at all dad, it is scary and my arms hurt!"
She said nervously.

"True enough," he nodded at the correction. "Unsurprisingly, she wasn't too keen on being used as a catspaw nor sent to her immediate death."

"Imagine that."
Amadeus said with a frown.

"Not only will the Chief not allow us contacting our enemies like that, the protocols will not allow it, either. However, I can go tell him about this and also try to see if we can contact Morningstar, see if anything strange has started to happen there and give them a heads up," he offered, looking glad to have something to do other than fret.

"That is probably a good idea Adley, and from how I understand the Protocols then no contacting this June would not be tolerated, if you need something heated though you can always make the suggestion to Jeffry though."
Narim said and he sounded slightly amused despite all that was going on.
"We should probably contact Morningstar and see if they are having the same issues as us."
The Virtual Adept agreed.

"You guys have such cool ways of doing magick." Serge said with a smile. "I can't even imagine how I'd do something like that. Probably by screaming a really long attack name until the universe decides to just let me have primal energy for the attack. Or I just draw it."

"I am thinking perhaps you should draw it yes."
Beatrice said.
"Screaming until your spell go of sound more like a Marauder way of casting magick."

"No, not the lawyers. That's just cruel and unusual punishment." Serge said with a smile.

"Well the lawyer herself is really nice actually Sir but she can toss the rule book at those she don't like and the Order of Hermes have a very big book of rules."
Anna informed you which made Amadeus chuckle.
"Yes child so they do."
He agreed.

"So now we wait." Serge said rocking back and forth a little, "God I hate waiting."

"Would you like a cup of tea to calm your nerves?"
Narim asked from the kitchen. But then you saw Ryan and Master Steelhaven down the hall heading towards Colin's room.
"The timelines are not merging...there is a spirit doing this, and it is acting from...decades in the future."
George said then he handed Colin an envelope.
"The timeline this happen in child, for your eyes only."
The old mage said as he strode into the room.
"Now to find this time spirit and get it to stop it's mischief!"

(OOC: Your game sounds like it was fun Warp.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:00 am

[Garage]
Anja wrote:"Well a member of House Guernicus at least I am not so sure someone with her background would be allowed to have the title Quesitor and be a Enforcer."
Adjan said sounding doubtful.
Colin smiled thinly, "Well, if anyone could manage to redeem an apprentice like that, it would be the lawyer who represented Teomim... I seem to cultivate powerful connections."

[Casa Wainwright]
S7trif3 wrote:"Bee made it," he said, sounding as if he were reassuring him that it would not taste bad.
He smiled wryly, "Thanks... but you know, the only way you can truly botch a cuppa tea is by making it in a coffee maker..."

Jeremy wrote:"You guys have such cool ways of doing magick." Serge said with a smile. "I can't even imagine how I'd do something like that. Probably by screaming a really long attack name until the universe decides to just let me have primal energy for the attack. Or I just draw it."
Anja wrote:"I am thinking perhaps you should draw it yes."
Beatrice said.
"Screaming until your spell go of sound more like a Marauder way of casting magick."
He arched an eyebrow, "Really, now? I think you really ought to consider drawing yourself a deck of cards with evocative images for every occasion. Much easier if you can do a lot of preparation work in advance, you know."

Jeremy wrote:"Booo, that's boring." Serge said humorously. "You can't see wards...at least most of the time. We need something flashy. Something big. Something that clearly says "I'm doing magick!". Disintegration bolts are perfect for that. We just need a target.....do the bolt go through things or just stop after it's annihilated one thing?"
Anja wrote:"We are not going to toss the bolts Serge nor do they disintegrate things unless we are made extremely powerful, as for your question they would exist for as long as the mage in question managed to maintain them."
"We can however while Serge might be over eager he do have a point, a prime bolt can be seen, it is visible proof of her magick working, and they are not dangerous unless one actually toss them at someone or try to use them as a weapon, not that it is my place to comment on what spells you allow your apprentice to use."
He sighed, relenting and lifting Anna's restraints a little to permit her to use what she needed for a prime bolt, "Very well, then. Let's see how pretty you can make it, and how long you can hold it before it runs out of power?"

Anja wrote:"Really dad? For bedtime sucks."
Anna said then she nodded.
"Well you have always protected me."
She said and nodded.
He grinned wryly, "Some day, Sweetie, you may find yourself more appreciative of a set bedtime. But alright, starting while I'm off, you've got... an hour's extension, alright? I'll make sure to tell Freddy, too."

Anja wrote:"But...it is a needle right..."
Anna said and she pushed herself into a corner of the sofa as far away from the syringe as she could get.
"Are you sure it is not real da?"
She asked nervously.
He nodded, holding the flickering syringe up so the needle part was hidden in his hand, "It's a syringe... and as you can see, it's not fully in this reality, only trying to be. And I won't have that."

Jeremy wrote:"No, not the lawyers. That's just cruel and unusual punishment." Serge said with a smile.
Anja wrote:"Well the lawyer herself is really nice actually Sir but she can toss the rule book at those she don't like and the Order of Hermes have a very big book of rules."
"Yes child so they do."
He agreed.
He grinned, "Of course it's cruel punishment. Once upon a time, we decided disputes through trial by combat, but we somehow concluded that trial by lawyer was nastier and thus more satisfying..."

Anja wrote:"Ah Diego that was the...ehm opera singer right that everyone hated?"
"I remember the situation I was told about it...so this is the Nephanda who escaped from that event?"
The old Verbena asked.
S7trif3 wrote:"True enough," he nodded at the correction. "Unsurprisingly, she wasn't too keen on being used as a catspaw nor sent to her immediate death."
Anja wrote:"Imagine that."
Amadeus said with a frown.
He nodded, "Everyone's favourite. The only Nephandus I've heard of who got himself beaten up and evicted from a Labyrinth for being too much of an ass... One of the best things Gabriel ever did."

Anja wrote:"I am not sure about the legalities of it precisely but it is iffy at best."
Amadeus said and frowned. Anna looked down.
"Yeah...ehm...sorry about that."
She muttered softly.
He smiled thinly to Anna, "Well, now, you were ordered to go, and in the end, it did help bring you to me and save you. Tian asked me to save you from the... fate of the others, and while I couldn't promise anything concrete, it did turn out that I am able to after all... I think we can call it a victory, at least."

Anja wrote:"I take it the little girl you saved is named Egypt then and you do not mean Egypt as in the nation."
Amadeus said and he raised an eyebrow.
He nodded, "Right, I should have specified. Yes, the girl."

Anja wrote:"I see but if this woman is Fallen, even if she have left the Nephandi...she would still be illegal to contact."
S7trif3 wrote:"Not only will the Chief not allow us contacting our enemies like that, the protocols will not allow it, either. However, I can go tell him about this and also try to see if we can contact Morningstar, see if anything strange has started to happen there and give them a heads up," he offered, looking glad to have something to do other than fret.
Anja wrote:"That is probably a good idea Adley, and from how I understand the Protocols then no contacting this June would not be tolerated, if you need something heated though you can always make the suggestion to Jeffry though."
Narim said and he sounded slightly amused despite all that was going on.
"We should probably contact Morningstar and see if they are having the same issues as us."
The Virtual Adept agreed.
He nodded, "I don't expect he'll allow it - but unless we find any other solid leads to this mystery faction, I don't see that I have the luxury of not suggesting it. Though, we did get a couple of solid clues thanks to the afflicted Union members at the Umbral Port, and the ice cream shop where one of them was attacked. Hum, speaking of, we might wish to look into investing in that shop; it wants to bring a little happiness to the area, and... we might find it a useful, if not highly profitable, way to invest resources toward defying entropy."

Anja wrote:Anna looked at you and wiped tears from her eyes.
"I don't like this at all dad, it is scary and my arms hurt!"
She said nervously.
He nodded, "I know... it's not supposed to be like this since you have the collar, but... something is creating trouble, and it's got to be stopped, soon as we find the source."

Anja wrote:"Would you like a cup of tea to calm your nerves?"
Narim asked from the kitchen. But then you saw Ryan and Master Steelhaven down the hall heading towards Colin's room.
"The timelines are not merging...there is a spirit doing this, and it is acting from...decades in the future."
He frowned as he accepted the envelope, quickly opening it and checking the contents, "You know, for all the information and stress the future has sent me, I'd like for it to send me some cash once in a while... or even just once. Decades in the future... what sort of spirit, then?"

((OOC: The game was good. The party wondered a little when they saw the dancing swords on lawnmowing and hedgetrimming duty in the garden, though. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:03 am

[Colin's Room]

Anja wrote:"I am thinking perhaps you should draw it yes."
Beatrice said.

"Everyone keeps mentioning Maurauders around me. I was just thinking of mimicking anime characters and their overly long attack names. You see it a lot in shows." Serge said evenly.

Colin wrote:He arched an eyebrow, "Really, now? I think you really ought to consider drawing yourself a deck of cards with evocative images for every occasion. Much easier if you can do a lot of preparation work in advance, you know."

"I already do that. Most of my sketchbooks have drawings like that. And I wear a lot of my symbols." Serge said glancing down at his deadpool themed t-shirt and the cult of Ecstasy ring on his finger. "Plus I have a bunch of my drawings stored on my phone. I even have a special "I fucked up" emergency folder. Don't really like using any of them though. Preparing ahead of time loses the spontaneous passion of drawing in the moment."

Anja wrote:"We are not going to toss the bolts Serge nor do they disintegrate things unless we are made extremely powerful, as for your question they would exist for as long as the mage in question managed to maintain them."
Colin wrote:He sighed, relenting and lifting Anna's restraints a little to permit her to use what she needed for a prime bolt, "Very well, then. Let's see how pretty you can make it, and how long you can hold it before it runs out of power?"

"Fine fine, we don't need to Palpatine anybody. Shame, I have card board cutouts of multiple actors that we could've blasted. Although flashy lights made out of the creational energy of the universe is cool enough, I guess." Serge said pulling out a notepad and a pencil in preparation to draw the scene.

Anja wrote:"Well the lawyer herself is really nice actually Sir but she can toss the rule book at those she don't like and the Order of Hermes have a very big book of rules."
"Yes child so they do."
He agreed.

"That book would be a weapon of mass destruction" Serge said chuckling as well.

Colin wrote:He grinned, "Of course it's cruel punishment. Once upon a time, we decided disputes through trial by combat, but we somehow concluded that trial by lawyer was nastier and thus more satisfying..."

"Less entertaining though. Unless it's like those tv dramas. We got a rag tag group of detective scrambling to get the last piece of evidence while the trial is happening. And the lawyer has to do everything in their power to delay the trial long enough and buy them enough time." Serge said with a smile.

Anja wrote:"Would you like a cup of tea to calm your nerves?"
Colin wrote:He frowned as he accepted the envelope, quickly opening it and checking the contents, "You know, for all the information and stress the future has sent me, I'd like for it to send me some cash once in a while... or even just once. Decades in the future... what sort of spirit, then?"

"And now we have our villain. Some asshole time spirit." Serge said turning his head to look at the two new arrivals.

"When you say mischief do you mean that this time spirit is doing this for fun? Or does it have some sort of reason for screwing with us?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:09 am

[Garage]

Colin smiled thinly, "Well, if anyone could manage to redeem an apprentice like that, it would be the lawyer who represented Teomim... I seem to cultivate powerful connections."

"The one who represented Master Teomim, damn she must be quite old, yes indeed you have gotten yoursel some powerful allies."
Adjan said sounding impressed.

[Casa Wainwright]

He sighed, relenting and lifting Anna's restraints a little to permit her to use what she needed for a prime bolt, "Very well, then. Let's see how pretty you can make it, and how long you can hold it before it runs out of power?"

"Thanks dad."
Anna said and she nodded, she begun to work through her hand gestures as Beatrice sliced her thumb on her necklace and drew symbols in blood on the palms of her hands.
"Are you sure I can do this Miss Alexander, it still feel like I am wrapped in cotton."
The young mage said and Beatrice nodded.
"I am sure just try kid."
She said to encourage Anna.

He grinned wryly, "Some day, Sweetie, you may find yourself more appreciative of a set bedtime. But alright, starting while I'm off, you've got... an hour's extension, alright? I'll make sure to tell Freddy, too."

"Thank you...I am getting older after all I will be thirteen in four months."
Anna said and smiled as she worked on her spell.

He nodded, holding the flickering syringe up so the needle part was hidden in his hand, "It's a syringe... and as you can see, it's not fully in this reality, only trying to be. And I won't have that."

"That is as big as what Doc used to clean my ears out when they got clogged once."
Anna said and frowned, it was after all needles she was afraid of not syringes themselves which could be used for other things as well, she still looked nervous though.
"I do not like that it exists."
She muttered.

He grinned, "Of course it's cruel punishment. Once upon a time, we decided disputes through trial by combat, but we somehow concluded that trial by lawyer was nastier and thus more satisfying..."

Beatrice gave a chuckle at that.

He nodded, "Everyone's favourite. The only Nephandus I've heard of who got himself beaten up and evicted from a Labyrinth for being too much of an ass... One of the best things Gabriel ever did."

"Yeah Gabriel really beat him up, then again he did try to have sex with me and I was nine."
Anna said as if it was the most natural thing in the world making a few eyes turn to her rather shocked.
"So he got tossed out of the Labyrinth."
Anna continued.
"And set to Chicago."

He smiled thinly to Anna, "Well, now, you were ordered to go, and in the end, it did help bring you to me and save you. Tian asked me to save you from the... fate of the others, and while I couldn't promise anything concrete, it did turn out that I am able to after all... I think we can call it a victory, at least."

"Tian did? Well I am anyway sad for...trying to kidnap Egypt and for the other things I was forced to do while I was with the Nephandi."
Anna said and sigh.
"But I guess things did turn out for the best."

He nodded, "Right, I should have specified. Yes, the girl."

Amadeus nodded at that.

He nodded, "I don't expect he'll allow it - but unless we find any other solid leads to this mystery faction, I don't see that I have the luxury of not suggesting it. Though, we did get a couple of solid clues thanks to the afflicted Union members at the Umbral Port, and the ice cream shop where one of them was attacked. Hum, speaking of, we might wish to look into investing in that shop; it wants to bring a little happiness to the area, and... we might find it a useful, if not highly profitable, way to invest resources toward defying entropy."

"Investing in an ice cream shop? I am afraid I fail to follow Mr Wainwright but I get it that you say there are some clues to what is happening to the Cyborgs in that shop right? Now anyway I doubt Master Morgan will allow you to break the Protocols to no matter how important you think it might be."

He nodded, "I know... it's not supposed to be like this since you have the collar, but... something is creating trouble, and it's got to be stopped, soon as we find the source."

"Being on that serum must be really, really horrible."
Anna said and shuddered.
"For this really sucks."

He frowned as he accepted the envelope, quickly opening it and checking the contents, "You know, for all the information and stress the future has sent me, I'd like for it to send me some cash once in a while... or even just once. Decades in the future... what sort of spirit, then?"

The others rose to bow to the Primus.
"Would not that have been practical."
George said.
"These are not from you though they are a central point where the spirit hope to change the timelines, by changing our time."
He said. The envelope contained two articles, one from a local paper on Horizon and the other from the Paradigma who at times did obituaries. Both articles where dates to 21/5 2061. The one from the Paradigma read:

"Anna Wainwright Qen passed today after catching meningitis from a Paadox backlash after she stopped at Nephandi attack on a school, using her arts to heal the wounded on site before esccaping. Mrs Qen are survived by her wife, son and four apprentices. Her adopted master vulgaris inform that the memorial service will be held in the form of a marble tournament at hotel Riviera on Horizon as per Mrs Qen's wishes. Instead of flowers the family asks for donations to The Serge Yeger's Clinic."

The other article from a local newspaper on Horizon said:

"Master of the Art Anna Wainwright Qen was found not guilty of breaking the Law of Shade today before the Council of Nine. Mrs Qen's advocate successfully argued that in using magick to save the lives of multiple sleeper she had upheld the 7th Protocol and breaking a minor Protocol to uphold a major one is not a crime. Mrs Qen who contracted meningitis after her heroic acts returned to the care of Dr Mosley at the Society of Ether Clinic on main street after the trial but she is expected to make a full recovery."

Probably the change would be that if Anna was exposed to the serum she will never dare to seek treatment for her meningitis when she get sick from Paradox and dies, while if she was not exposed to the serum then her phobia would be enough under control that in a life or death situation she would seek out help from someone she trusts. This according to the date would probably before she returned in time to give you her dragon scale and the sand, so it might be that the spirit was trying to stop.

"Everyone keeps mentioning Marauders around me. I was just thinking of mimicking anime characters and their overly long attack names. You see it a lot in shows." Serge said evenly.

"I see, then I misunderstood Serge. I thought you would just be screaming at reality until it did what you wanted, which is more Marauder style magick."
Beatrice said apologetically.

"Fine fine, we don't need to Palpatine anybody. Shame, I have card board cutouts of multiple actors that we could've blasted. Although flashy lights made out of the creational energy of the universe is cool enough, I guess." Serge said pulling out a notepad and a pencil in preparation to draw the scene.

"Well no we do not need Foce lightening, which would be more Adley's department I would think though I guess you could make something like that using just primal energies."
Beatrice said and she smiled a little.

"That book would be a weapon of mass destruction" Serge said chuckling as well.

"Well it is a very, very big book Sir."
Anna said and smiled.

"Less entertaining though. Unless it's like those tv dramas. We got a rag tag group of detective scrambling to get the last piece of evidence while the trial is happening. And the lawyer has to do everything in their power to delay the trial long enough and buy them enough time." Serge said with a smile.

Beatrice raised an eyebrow at this.

"And now we have our villain. Some asshole time spirit." Serge said turning his head to look at the two new arrivals.

"When you say mischief do you mean that this time spirit is doing this for fun? Or does it have some sort of reason for screwing with us?

"That is hard to know for sure at this moment child but I suspect it is deliberate."
George said. At that time Anna's primal bolt flared into being as a blue, glowing sphere in her hands and the child giggle.
"See I really am nto on that serum I can work magick!"
She declaed and Beatrice who also had a primal bolt in her hands was about to say something when...something suddenly manifested, it was hard to look at, for seeing it felt like it must eel for a two dimentional being to see a three dimantional one, it was a shape but impossible to pin down and it made your head hurt to look at it.
"Nooo...do not seperate the timelines...do not slplit them!"
The pressence said...well spoke and spoke it felt like it spoke and at the same time not as it rushed towards Anna and Beatrice at some speed.

(OOC: If you wish to react now would be a good time for initiative rolls.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:25 am

[Colin's Apartment]

He smiled wryly, "Thanks... but you know, the only way you can truly botch a cuppa tea is by making it in a coffee maker..."

"Ah Diego that was the...ehm opera singer right that everyone hated?"
The old Verbena asked.
He nodded, "Everyone's favourite. The only Nephandus I've heard of who got himself beaten up and evicted from a Labyrinth for being too much of an ass... One of the best things Gabriel ever did.

"I do not count /that awful noise/ as music. But yes, that's her."

"Yeah Gabriel really beat him up, then again he did try to have sex with me and I was nine."
Anna said as if it was the most natural thing in the world making a few eyes turn to her rather shocked.
"So he got tossed out of the Labyrinth."
Anna continued.
"And set to Chicago."

Adley was amongst the shocked, then he looked outraged and disgusted, all in the space of seconds.

That is probably a good idea Adley, and from how I understand the Protocols then no contacting this June would not be tolerated, if you need something heated though you can always make the suggestion to Jeffry though." Narim said and he sounded slightly amused despite all that was going on. "We should probably contact Morningstar and see if they are having the same issues as us." The Virtual Adept agreed.
"Investing in an ice cream shop? I am afraid I fail to follow Mr Wainwright but I get it that you say there are some clues to what is happening to the Cyborgs in that shop right? Now anyway I doubt Master Morgan will allow you to break the Protocols to no matter how important you think it might be."

"I cannot suggest that to my pater, amicus. If you wish to cut your heating bill for the evening, by all means suggest it to him. The leads you got, did you want to jot then down so I can give him that information for you?"

"Would you like a cup of tea to calm your nerves?"
"And now we have our villain. Some asshole time spirit." Serge said turning his head to look at the two new arrivals. "When you say mischief do you mean that this time spirit is doing this for fun? Or does it have some sort of reason for screwing with us?"
he others rose to bow to the Primus.
George said.
"These are not from you though they are a central point where the spirit hope to change the timelines, by changing our time."
He said.
"That is hard to know for sure at this moment child but I suspect it is deliberate."
George said. At that time Anna's primal bolt flared into being as a blue, glowing sphere in her hands and the child giggle.
She declaed and Beatrice who also had a primal bolt in her hands was about to say something when...something suddenly manifested, it was hard to look at, for seeing it felt like it must eel for a two dimentional being to see a three dimantional one, it was a shape but impossible to pin down and it made your head hurt to look at it.
The pressence said...well spoke and spoke it felt like it spoke and at the same time not as it rushed towards Anna and Beatrice at some speed.

He hadn't managed to get out the door yet to head downstairs, but Master Steelhaven's announcement it was some sort of spirit interfering with things surprised him but not as much as the thing manifesting itself into the middle of the room at the heels of Anna's spell. He couldn't even really look at it to try to take aim...

// Initiative: Dex (3)+ Wits (3)+ 1d10 (4) = 10

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:41 am

[Casa Wainwright]

Anja wrote:"Thanks dad."
Anna said and she nodded, she begun to work through her hand gestures as Beatrice sliced her thumb on her necklace and drew symbols in blood on the palms of her hands.
"Are you sure I can do this Miss Alexander, it still feel like I am wrapped in cotton."

"You got this Anna." Serge encouraged as he drew a small sketch of the two girls working their magick.

Anja wrote:"Well no we do not need Foce lightening, which would be more Adley's department I would think though I guess you could make something like that using just primal energies."

"I wanna see Adley force lightning someone so badly." Serge said returning the smile.

Anja wrote:"I see, then I misunderstood Serge. I thought you would just be screaming at reality until it did what you wanted, which is more Marauder style magick."

"Kinda my fault though. I did sorta say something like that." Serge admitted. "I can't lie. Me fruitlessly yelling to the skies for magickal powers is a funny mental image."

Anja wrote:"That is hard to know for sure at this moment child but I suspect it is deliberate."
"See I really am not on that serum I can work magick!"
She declared and Beatrice who also had a primal bolt in her hands was about to say something when...something suddenly manifested, it was hard to look at, for seeing it felt like how it must feel for a two dimensional being to see a three dimensional one, it was a shape but impossible to pin down and it made your head hurt to look at it.
"Nooo...do not separate the timelines...do not split them!"

Serge was busy drawing the scene before him when the spirit suddenly manifested and caught him off-guard. He tried to get a good look at it but everything about it seemed off and wrong and made it hard to concentrate on what was going on.

(OOC: Initiative: Dex (3) + Wits (2) + 1d10 (3) = 8 )
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:17 am

[Casa Wainwright]

"I do not count /that awful noise/ as music. But yes, that's her."

Amadeus nodded.
"Ah well at least it is less likely that Nephanda will outright attack us."

Adley was amongst the shocked, then he looked outraged and disgusted, all in the space of seconds.

Anna shrugged with a it was in a Labyrinth what can you do, look on her face.

"You got this Anna." Serge encouraged as he drew a small sketch of the two girls working their magick.

"I hope so Sir."
Anna said and frowned as she concentrated.

"I wanna see Adley force lightning someone so badly." Serge said returning the smile.

"I want to see that to Sir."
Anna said and she ganced hopefully over at Adley.

"Kinda my fault though. I did sorta say something like that." Serge admitted. "I can't lie. Me fruitlessly yelling to the skies for magickal powers is a funny mental image."

"It might not be fruitless you have to get into your other state of consciousness right?"
Beatrice said.
"But there might be more effective ways to work magick."

(OOC: I will continue with what happens with the spirit once Warp have rolled.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:03 am

[Garage]
Anja wrote:"The one who represented Master Teomim, damn she must be quite old, yes indeed you have gotten yoursel some powerful allies."
Adjan said sounding impressed.
Colin grinned, "While one should not speculate on a lady's age, she was just a slip of a girl at that trial - freshly graduated, as it were, and given an impossible case to make sure she lost. But she did manage to throw out a lot of the accusations, at least."

[Casa Wainwright]
Anja wrote:"Thanks dad."
Jeremy wrote:"You got this Anna." Serge encouraged as he drew a small sketch of the two girls working their magick.
Anja wrote:"I hope so Sir."
Anna said and frowned as she concentrated.
He nodded, "The cotton is just an illusion."

Jeremy wrote:"Everyone keeps mentioning Maurauders around me. I was just thinking of mimicking anime characters and their overly long attack names. You see it a lot in shows." Serge said evenly.
Anja wrote:"I see, then I misunderstood Serge. I thought you would just be screaming at reality until it did what you wanted, which is more Marauder style magick."
Jeremy wrote:"Kinda my fault though. I did sorta say something like that." Serge admitted. "I can't lie. Me fruitlessly yelling to the skies for magickal powers is a funny mental image."
Anja wrote:"It might not be fruitless you have to get into your other state of consciousness right?"
Beatrice said.
"But there might be more effective ways to work magick."
He smiled wryly, "Keep in mind, not everyone here watches anime, so we might not get the rather particular tropes of the format. Besides, the disadvantage of shouting a spell name that takes three episodes to charge up is that, well... semi-automatic firearms are rather commonplace."

Jeremy wrote:"I already do that. Most of my sketchbooks have drawings like that. And I wear a lot of my symbols." Serge said glancing down at his deadpool themed t-shirt and the cult of Ecstasy ring on his finger. "Plus I have a bunch of my drawings stored on my phone. I even have a special "I fucked up" emergency folder. Don't really like using any of them though. Preparing ahead of time loses the spontaneous passion of drawing in the moment."
He nodded, "Good thinking. In a life and death situation, you rarely have the time to work entirely from scratch. If the choice is between a graceful or cool-looking spell, and actually surviving the encounter, always go for the latter."

Jeremy wrote:"Fine fine, we don't need to Palpatine anybody. Shame, I have card board cutouts of multiple actors that we could've blasted. Although flashy lights made out of the creational energy of the universe is cool enough, I guess." Serge said pulling out a notepad and a pencil in preparation to draw the scene.
Anja wrote:"Well no we do not need Foce lightening, which would be more Adley's department I would think though I guess you could make something like that using just primal energies."
Jeremy wrote:"I wanna see Adley force lightning someone so badly." Serge said returning the smile.
Anja wrote:"I want to see that to Sir."
He glanced at Adley, "Well, it's not as impressive-looking as in the movies, it's over a lot quicker, and it smells terrible, so you've honestly not missed much... though if those cardboard cutouts are the free-standing type, yes, I suppose those could've been brought in as targets..."

Anja wrote:"Thank you...I am getting older after all I will be thirteen in four months."
Anna said and smiled as she worked on her spell.
He grinned, "We'll have to make a list of invitees for the party. And I've found just the ice cream shop for the celebration."

Jeremy wrote:"That book would be a weapon of mass destruction" Serge said chuckling as well.
Anja wrote:"Well it is a very, very big book Sir."
Anna said and smiled.
He arched an eyebrow, "Really, it's several shelves' worth of books. And that's just the condensed, unannotated version."

Jeremy wrote:"Less entertaining though. Unless it's like those tv dramas. We got a rag tag group of detective scrambling to get the last piece of evidence while the trial is happening. And the lawyer has to do everything in their power to delay the trial long enough and buy them enough time." Serge said with a smile.
Anja wrote:Beatrice raised an eyebrow at this.
He shook his head, "It's... not really a thing that happens in real life, that sudden new evidence is introduced at the last minute... That's why it often takes months and years before a trial, so both sides can find and file their evidence."

Anja wrote:"That is as big as what Doc used to clean my ears out when they got clogged once."
Anna said and frowned, it was after all needles she was afraid of not syringes themselves which could be used for other things as well, she still looked nervous though.
"I do not like that it exists."
She muttered.
He nodded, "It doesn't exist, though... If it really did, it wouldn't flicker like this."
He pocketed it again, careful not to let Anna see the needle, "So, time to let you show that it's not real, that what's trying to push its way in here isn't actually what's been happening."

S7rtif3 wrote:"I do not count /that awful noise/ as music. But yes, that's her."
Anja wrote:Amadeus nodded.
"Ah well at least it is less likely that Nephanda will outright attack us."
He smiled wryly, "The Qlippothic form of music, then? Through a mirror darkly, as it were?"

S7trif3 wrote:Adley was amongst the shocked, then he looked outraged and disgusted, all in the space of seconds.
Anja wrote:Anna shrugged with a it was in a Labyrinth what can you do, look on her face.
He gave Adley a silent nod.

Anja wrote:"Tian did? Well I am anyway sad for...trying to kidnap Egypt and for the other things I was forced to do while I was with the Nephandi."
Anna said and sigh.
"But I guess things did turn out for the best."
He smiled, "I guess they did. What you were forced to do, though... that's behind you now."

Anja wrote:"Investing in an ice cream shop? I am afraid I fail to follow Mr Wainwright but I get it that you say there are some clues to what is happening to the Cyborgs in that shop right? Now anyway I doubt Master Morgan will allow you to break the Protocols to no matter how important you think it might be."
Anja wrote:"I cannot suggest that to my pater, amicus. If you wish to cut your heating bill for the evening, by all means suggest it to him. The leads you got, did you want to jot then down so I can give him that information for you?"
He shook his head, "Investing in the ice cream shop is a long-term possibility; a tangent. We already have the evidence we could get there - Narim has the surveillance footage and Adjan has the testimony..."
He fished out his notepad and tore out the couple of pages he'd jotted down at the Umbral Port, "Here's what I got from the Union victims, I didn't get anything worth noting at the shop. But if there's anything delivered to my mailbox at the port while the crisis is ongoing, I'll have it delivered to the Chief here. I paid for two urgent delivery runs, and it's not cheap, but it could be worth it. Also, Miss Bouchard has some intel she's shared with and received from her Etherite superior at Riverside; you'll want to confer with her, too - I was... understandably distracted when this here came up."
He frowned, "I'll want that letter back, though - not that I don't trust you, but it could be fathomably used as a connection, and I would not want it astray... Oh, and I'm expecting hair samples from an afflicted Sleeper and Freddy's cousin in Chicago, for a comparative trace with some samples I got at the Umbral Port."

Anja wrote:"Being on that serum must be really, really horrible."
Anna said and shuddered.
"For this really sucks."
He nodded, "It is pretty awful, yes. Though less than you might think if you're not afraid of it."

Anja wrote:The others rose to bow to the Primus.
George said.
He said. The envelope contained two articles, one from a local paper on Horizon and the other from the Paradigma who at times did obituaries. Both articles where dates to 21/5 2061. The one from the Paradigma read:

"Anna Wainwright Qen passed today after catching meningitis from a Paadox backlash after she stopped at Nephandi attack on a school, using her arts to heal the wounded on site before esccaping. Mrs Qen are survived by her wife, son and four apprentices. Her adopted master vulgaris inform that the memorial service will be held in the form of a marble tournament at hotel Riviera on Horizon as per Mrs Qen's wishes. Instead of flowers the family asks for donations to The Serge Yeger's Clinic."

The other article from a local newspaper on Horizon said:

"Master of the Art Anna Wainwright Qen was found not guilty of breaking the Law of Shade today before the Council of Nine. Mrs Qen's advocate successfully argued that in using magick to save the lives of multiple sleeper she had upheld the 7th Protocol and breaking a minor Protocol to uphold a major one is not a crime. Mrs Qen who contracted meningitis after her heroic acts returned to the care of Dr Mosley at the Society of Ether Clinic on main street after the trial but she is expected to make a full recovery."

Probably the change would be that if Anna was exposed to the serum she will never dare to seek treatment for her meningitis when she get sick from Paradox and dies, while if she was not exposed to the serum then her phobia would be enough under control that in a life or death situation she would seek out help from someone she trusts. This according to the date would probably before she returned in time to give you her dragon scale and the sand, so it might be that the spirit was trying to stop.
He read the clippings, and glowered slightly, "So that's the change it wants... Well, we can't have that; she's going to live and thrive, and save more people."

Jeremy wrote:"And now we have our villain. Some asshole time spirit." Serge said turning his head to look at the two new arrivals.

"When you say mischief do you mean that this time spirit is doing this for fun? Or does it have some sort of reason for screwing with us?"
Anja wrote:"That is hard to know for sure at this moment child but I suspect it is deliberate."
S7trif3 wrote:He hadn't managed to get out the door yet to head downstairs, but Master Steelhaven's announcement it was some sort of spirit interfering with things surprised him but not as much as the thing manifesting itself into the middle of the room at the heels of Anna's spell. He couldn't even really look at it to try to take aim...
Jeremy wrote:Serge was busy drawing the scene before him when the spirit suddenly manifested and caught him off-guard. He tried to get a good look at it but everything about it seemed off and wrong and made it hard to concentrate on what was going on.
He frowned and thrust the clippings into an empty pocket, then strode toward the spirit as his hands started glowing with primal fire, "Oh, like hell you do, Wrinkle already said she's off the hook, and I'm not letting a runt like you overrule that..."

((OOC: Initiative roll: Hell of a time to roll a ten, I think Colin gets his hands charged up first, though not quick enough to attack. 3+3+10=16)

((OOC2: Arete roll for the basic Prime enhancement to his hands, as opposed to an actual weapon: 4,5,0. Got the ring as a focus, should be two successes on a simple P2 effect, enough to be able to fondle the spirit, I think?))

((OOC3: Also, I usually finish posts a little faster if there's no additional posts popping up halfway through my typing. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:51 am

[Garage]

Colin grinned, "While one should not speculate on a lady's age, she was just a slip of a girl at that trial - freshly graduated, as it were, and given an impossible case to make sure she lost. But she did manage to throw out a lot of the accusations, at least."

"She sounds quite amazing, is this the elderly lady I have seen you and Anna have dinner with in the common room a few times?"
Adjan asked.

[Casa Wainwright]

He nodded, "The cotton is just an illusion."

"Ok...f you say so I will try to dad."
Anna said though she still seamed a bit doubtful.

He smiled wryly, "Keep in mind, not everyone here watches anime, so we might not get the rather particular tropes of the format. Besides, the disadvantage of shouting a spell name that takes three episodes to charge up is that, well... semi-automatic firearms are rather commonplace."

"Anime have very polite and patient enemies dad."
Anna said.
"They watch for like three minutes while the magic girls have their transformation sequence."
She commented.

He glanced at Adley, "Well, it's not as impressive-looking as in the movies, it's over a lot quicker, and it smells terrible, so you've honestly not missed much... though if those cardboard cutouts are the free-standing type, yes, I suppose those could've been brought in as targets..."

"Tossing lightening bolts and fireballs are pretty cool dad, I can't do that though."
Anna said and sigh.
"Perhaps I will learn to one time in the future.

He grinned, "We'll have to make a list of invitees for the party. And I've found just the ice cream shop for the celebration."

"Ohh having the party at a ice cream shop is cool dad, can we invite Kyle and the other kids at the Chantry and Master Adimari and Mr Yager and Allison and perhaps Dr Lee and Dino?"
Anna asked and she smiled seaming happier now being given something to look forward to.

He arched an eyebrow, "Really, it's several shelves' worth of books. And that's just the condensed, unannotated version."

"Really? For I have seen Master Adimari carry around a really big book."
Anna said.

He shook his head, "It's... not really a thing that happens in real life, that sudden new evidence is introduced at the last minute... That's why it often takes months and years before a trial, so both sides can find and file their evidence."

"Then again sometimes someone's Avatar is saved at the last moment by a bit of new evidence."
Beatrice commented with a slight smile.

He nodded, "It doesn't exist, though... If it really did, it wouldn't flicker like this."
He pocketed it again, careful not to let Anna see the needle, "So, time to let you show that it's not real, that what's trying to push its way in here isn't actually what's been happening."

"Ok if you say it is not read dad then I guess it is not real...I will make that prime bolt I will."
Anna said looking determined, still scared but determined.
"And it will be really pretty."

He smiled, "I guess they did. What you were forced to do, though... that's behind you now."

"It is dad...but I still carry the guilt of what I did all those years, I was used allot to keep other mages from casing spells so the others could kill or capture them."
The little girl said sadly.

He shook his head, "Investing in the ice cream shop is a long-term possibility; a tangent. We already have the evidence we could get there - Narim has the surveillance footage and Adjan has the testimony..."

"I understand...I am afraid that investing in businesses are not my forte though Mr Wainwright."

He nodded, "It is pretty awful, yes. Though less than you might think if you're not afraid of it."

"I don't like not being able to work magick and I don't like needles."
The young mage said and shuddered.
"Allison was on it for a while, until her trial, it must have been horrible."
Well not really the young maga did go a bit stir crazy from not using her powers but as she was not afraid of needles she could be given a shot of anesthetic before the serum was injected which reduced any discomfort considerably and now that her trial where complete and she was given to Master Adimari as her apprentice she was free of it.

He read the clippings, and glowered slightly, "So that's the change it wants... Well, we can't have that; she's going to live and thrive, and save more people."

Amadeus gave you a curious look but he did not ask the Primus had said it was for your eyes only. The Primus nodded.
"We will make sure that change do not take place."
He muttered but he gave you a concerned look, the obituary had not mentioned you only Freddy he did not comment on it though.

He frowned and thrust the clippings into an empty pocket, then strode toward the spirit as his hands started glowing with primal fire, "Oh, like hell you do, Wrinkle already said she's off the hook, and I'm not letting a runt like you overrule that..."

Your hands started tingeing with power as you headed towards the spirit who was heading for Anna and Bee. Narim reacted almost as quickly as you and suddenly Bee and Anna was on the other side of the room, his first thought being to get the two girls out of the way. Both of the yelped as the spirit turned in that direction.
"Must change...the time line...must..."
It said but it stopped when you said Wrinkle's name and hesitated for a moment before continuing. Amadeus drew his blade and sliced his arm open jumped in front of Anna and Beatrice.

(OOC: Colin go first, then Narim and then the spirit, then Amadeus, then Adley, then Ryan and Kyle then Anna and Bee and George are last.)

(OOC 2: Sorry I did not intend it as nagging just explaining why I waited with that part of the scene.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:25 pm

[Garage]
Anja wrote:"She sounds quite amazing, is this the elderly lady I have seen you and Anna have dinner with in the common room a few times?"
Adjan asked.
Colin nodded, "That would be her, yes - having the family lawyer over for discussing the strategies for Anna's trial is generally useful. And she finds my apartment ward a little unsettling, it seems. Though perhaps it's due to interrupting her connection to something else; I'm sure she has her perfectly good reasons that she's not under any obligation to share with me."

[Casa Wainwright]
Anja wrote:"Anime have very polite and patient enemies dad."
Anna said.
"They watch for like three minutes while the magic girls have their transformation sequence."
She commented.
He smiled wryly, "Polite, indeed; you would think someone using their genitalia for weapons would perhaps consider preventing their adversaries from conjuring bladed weapons at some point..."

Anja wrote:"Tossing lightening bolts and fireballs are pretty cool dad, I can't do that though."
Anna said and sigh.
He grinned warmly, "Plenty of time, Sweetie. You'll master a lot of things; no reason to assume a little bit of fire and lightning will be out of your reach."

Anja wrote:"Ohh having the party at a ice cream shop is cool dad, can we invite Kyle and the other kids at the Chantry and Master Adimari and Mr Yager and Allison and perhaps Dr Lee and Dino?"
Anna asked and she smiled seaming happier now being given something to look forward to.
He nodded, "I'm sure Case would love to come along, too."

Anja wrote:"Really? For I have seen Master Adimari carry around a really big book."
Anna said.
He grinned, "That's just the book on a very narrow set of case law, I believe. Sort of like how the ultimate book on heart surgery can be a very large tome, but it's only a small footnote in the complete works on medicine."

Anja wrote:"Then again sometimes someone's Avatar is saved at the last moment by a bit of new evidence."
Beatrice commented with a slight smile.
He smiled wryly, "Well, that was not something presented in the trial itself, that was the equivalent of getting a telegram with a last-minute pardon in the execution chamber... At least this time around, you will get it properly brought into the retrial."

Anja wrote:"Ok if you say it is not read dad then I guess it is not real...I will make that prime bolt I will."
Anna said looking determined, still scared but determined.
"And it will be really pretty."
He nodded, "I'm sure it will. I've seen your magic when you've been sparring; it's got a nice colour to it."

Anja wrote:"It is dad...but I still carry the guilt of what I did all those years, I was used allot to keep other mages from casing spells so the others could kill or capture them."
The little girl said sadly.
He smiled sadly, "We all wrong someone in our lives; the best we can do is recognize when we have, and try to make amends and not do so again... You might not be able to make it up to the people who were captured or killed like that, but you can certainly use your skills to protect others from the same fate later."

Anja wrote:"I understand...I am afraid that investing in businesses are not my forte though Mr Wainwright."
He nodded, "If you like I could give you a few general guidelines when things are calmer. Perhaps when I'm recuperating after my duel with Mrs. Knox? It's not something to get into just now, at least."

Anja wrote:"I don't like not being able to work magick and I don't like needles."
The young mage said and shuddered.
"Allison was on it for a while, until her trial, it must have been horrible."
Well not really the young maga did go a bit stir crazy from not using her powers but as she was not afraid of needles she could be given a shot of anesthetic before the serum was injected which reduced any discomfort considerably and now that her trial where complete and she was given to Master Adimari as her apprentice she was free of it.
He smiled wryly, "Well, I am not pretending there's anything about it that isn't unpleasant, but stress is a factor. A fairly big one, at that."

Anja wrote:Amadeus gave you a curious look but he did not ask the Primus had said it was for your eyes only. The Primus nodded.
"We will make sure that change do not take place."
He muttered but he gave you a concerned look, the obituary had not mentioned you only Freddy he did not comment on it though.
He skimmed the clippings again and sighed, "Well, suppose the implication here isn't a surprise. Future Anna suggested as much when she visited with her little care package, too... and Future Freddy did, too, when I spoke with her... I think the uncertainty is preferable, anyway..."

Anja wrote:Your hands started tingeing with power as you headed towards the spirit who was heading for Anna and Bee. Narim reacted almost as quickly as you and suddenly Bee and Anna was on the other side of the room, his first thought being to get the two girls out of the way. Both of the yelped as the spirit turned in that direction.
It said but it stopped when you said Wrinkle's name and hesitated for a moment before continuing. Amadeus drew his blade and sliced his arm open jumped in front of Anna and Beatrice.
He sneered and stepped up to grip the spirit with both hands, like someone grabbing hold of a snake, around the neck and somewhere lower on the body, trusting that the power coating his hands would be just enough to secure a grip on the impetuous spirit.

((OOC: Don't worry, I didn't see it as nagging, just noting that it seems fairly often that I'm halfway through a post, and someone replies, giving me even more lines to read through and check for responses I need to respond to... I'm sure that's never happened to you, right? Wink ))

((OOC2: So, Dex+Brawl would be appropriate here, I think? Not counting on damage from the prime charge, just on using it like a work glove to get a better, insulated grip on things, so... 5,6,7,8... Dang, one more die, and I could've had a straight. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:54 pm

[Workshop]

Anja's Post:

A short silence, ending with a "meh" shrug. Chalking it up as one of those things which would never be solved...

Anja's Post:

'Don't worry... everything's in hand.' Nicole replied down the phone, trying to reassure her boss. Unless he has anything else to say, she'll hang up and...

'Fuck yeah!' giving a huge grin to the world in general. 'Looks like I've got an appointment with my wannabe murderer. Gotta go...'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:24 pm

[Colin's Room]

Anja wrote:"It might not be fruitless you have to get into your other state of consciousness right?"
Beatrice said.
"But there might be more effective ways to work magick.

"Something would certainly happen if I willed it too. But just the image of me shirtlessly yelling to the skies is funny." Serge said with a smile. "I don't really care about whether it effective or not. I like finding new or unique ways of working my magick."

Anja wrote:He smiled wryly, "Keep in mind, not everyone here watches anime, so we might not get the rather particular tropes of the format. Besides, the disadvantage of shouting a spell name that takes three episodes to charge up is that, well... semi-automatic firearms are rather commonplace."

"That's why guns are the worst. They stop us from doing fun things. Thankfully a large portion of the population have a skewed vision of how they work which is always fun to take advantage of."

Anja wrote:"Anime have very polite and patient enemies dad."
Anna said.
She commented.

"You know I haven't actually taken advantage of that trope yet. That could be a fun thing to mess with. Transformation sequences were always fun." Serge said with a grin.

Colin wrote:He glanced at Adley, "Well, it's not as impressive-looking as in the movies, it's over a lot quicker, and it smells terrible, so you've honestly not missed much... though if those cardboard cutouts are the free-standing type, yes, I suppose those could've been brought in as targets..."

"They are. I was using them to test entropy magick. What are the chanced that I miss hitting a stationary target? Turns out it's quite high when luck magick is involved." Serge said with a smile. "I would be so down to let Adley force blast them."

Colin wrote:He shook his head, "It's... not really a thing that happens in real life, that sudden new evidence is introduced at the last minute... That's why it often takes months and years before a trial, so both sides can find and file their evidence."

"Boring..." Serge said simply.

Anja wrote:Your hands started tingeing with power as you headed towards the spirit who was heading for Anna and Bee. Narim reacted almost as quickly as you and suddenly Bee and Anna was on the other side of the room, his first thought being to get the two girls out of the way. Both of the yelped as the spirit turned in that direction.
Colin wrote:He sneered and stepped up to grip the spirit with both hands, like someone grabbing hold of a snake, around the neck and somewhere lower on the body, trusting that the power coating his hands would be just enough to secure a grip on the impetuous spirit.

Serge tried to draw the spirit, in a vain attempt to affect it like he did to the oil men so long ago. But just looking at the being hurt his head and made it hard to discern his form. So in stead he simply yelled at it, noticing how it hesitated at the mention of a certain name.

"Do you think he'd be happy with you? Do you think he'd appreciate you defying him. A being with power and status much higher than yours. Do you think your above the word of Old Man Wrinkle?" Serge said tinging his words with ire and magick. Imagining all of the authority figures he had come across in his life and how it felt in their presence. How it felt to anger them. He invoked that respect and fear of authority that was present in all beings.

(OOC: What order in the initiative is Serge in? Although by the looks of it Serge might not get a turn Razz )

(OOC:  Mind 3 effect to cause the spirit to hesitate on it's actions further, making it realize that it's going against the word of the strongest time spirit in existence.

Arete Roll: 10 - 2 - 3 - 9)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:07 pm

[Garage]

Colin nodded, "That would be her, yes - having the family lawyer over for discussing the strategies for Anna's trial is generally useful. And she finds my apartment ward a little unsettling, it seems. Though perhaps it's due to interrupting her connection to something else; I'm sure she has her perfectly good reasons that she's not under any obligation to share with me."

Adjan nodded at that.
"Who knows why she might not like your wards there can be many reason, and then dining in the common room works just as well."
The Euthanathos agreed.

[Casa Wainwright]

"Something would certainly happen if I willed it too. But just the image of me shirtlessly yelling to the skies is funny." Serge said with a smile. "I don't really care about whether it effective or not. I like finding new or unique ways of working my magick."

"Well whatever rocks your boat."
Beatrice said but she gave you a bit of a look.

That's why guns are the worst. They stop us from doing fun things. Thankfully a large portion of the population have a skewed vision of how they work which is always fun to take advantage of."

"Well there is also being subtle and not being spotted by a gunman before one can take him down."
The young Verbena said.
"I would rely on that more than hoping the sleeper in question somehow had an anime idea of how weapons works, if he is actually carrying a firearm chances are he have a pretty good idea of how they work."
She continued and Anna nodded.
"Being shot sucks!"
She declared.

"You know I haven't actually taken advantage of that trope yet. That could be a fun thing to mess with. Transformation sequences were always fun." Serge said with a grin.

"I guess Time magick could be used for that, to set everything on pause while you get changed and get your tiara ready."
Anna commented wryly.

"Boring..." Serge said simply.

"Yeah boring indeed."
Anna agreed.

He smiled wryly, "Polite, indeed; you would think someone using their genitalia for weapons would perhaps consider preventing their adversaries from conjuring bladed weapons at some point..."

"Yeah...well I guess gentianella is not involved in all anime though, but even so just standing where while the transformations happen seams rather stupid to me."
Anna declared with a grin.

He grinned warmly, "Plenty of time, Sweetie. You'll master a lot of things; no reason to assume a little bit of fire and lightning will be out of your reach."

The young Orphan grinned and nodded in agreement.
"Yeah I will learn it at some point dad."

He nodded, "I'm sure Case would love to come along, too."

"If Case could come that would be great!"
Anna agreed enthusiastically.

He grinned, "That's just the book on a very narrow set of case law, I believe. Sort of like how the ultimate book on heart surgery can be a very large tome, but it's only a small footnote in the complete works on medicine."

"Hum...yeah...that makes sense dad, I wonder how many books on law there is then."
Your apprentice asked.

He smiled wryly, "Well, that was not something presented in the trial itself, that was the equivalent of getting a telegram with a last-minute pardon in the execution chamber... At least this time around, you will get it properly brought into the retrial."

"That is true."
Beatrice said and shuddered.
"Well it will not be a re trial but a re sentencing, as it is the sentence that are incorrect not the finding of the trial as such. I just hope it will go well."
She muttered in a worried tone of voice.

He nodded, "I'm sure it will. I've seen your magic when you've been sparring; it's got a nice colour to it."

"Yeah...it dos."
Anna agreed and she beamed at the praise.

He smiled sadly, "We all wrong someone in our lives; the best we can do is recognize when we have, and try to make amends and not do so again... You might not be able to make it up to the people who were captured or killed like that, but you can certainly use your skills to protect others from the same fate later."

"I know...that is all I can do but even so I see the faces of those I helped capture or kill alongside the faces of the men and woman Gabriel made me watch as was tortured to death."
The little girl said darkly.
"Their faces are always there as I go to bed, I do not like to go to bed."

He nodded, "If you like I could give you a few general guidelines when things are calmer. Perhaps when I'm recuperating after my duel with Mrs. Knox? It's not something to get into just now, at least."

"Very well Mr Wainwright when things are calmer."
Amadeus agreed.

He smiled wryly, "Well, I am not pretending there's anything about it that isn't unpleasant, but stress is a factor. A fairly big one, at that."

"I guess...I mean some of the ids at the hospital gets shots regularly and do not seam to have much of a problem with it."
Anna said and frowned.
"Even so being kept from one's magick really sucks."

He skimmed the clippings again and sighed, "Well, suppose the implication here isn't a surprise. Future Anna suggested as much when she visited with her little care package, too... and Future Freddy did, too, when I spoke with her... I think the uncertainty is preferable, anyway..."

"There is always a chance it do not mean what you think it means...or that if it do that such a future can be changed."
George said softly.
"There is always free will after all."

He sneered and stepped up to grip the spirit with both hands, like someone grabbing hold of a snake, around the neck and somewhere lower on the body, trusting that the power coating his hands would be just enough to secure a grip on the impetuous spirit.

You are not sure you could call any part on the spirit a neck, it was a most strange form but it's shape was hard to understand, you did grab something though and you felt it's Dynamic, pulsating energy as you did so, slowing it's progress towards the two younger magi.

Serge tried to draw the spirit, in a vain attempt to affect it like he did to the oil men so long ago. But just looking at the being hurt his head and made it hard to discern his form. So in stead he simply yelled at it, noticing how it hesitated at the mention of a certain name.

"Do you think he'd be happy with you? Do you think he'd appreciate you defying him. A being with power and status much higher than yours. Do you think your above the word of Old Man Wrinkle?" Serge said tinging his words with ire and magick. Imagining all of the authority figures he had come across in his life and how it felt in their presence. How it felt to anger them. He invoked that respect and fear of authority that was present in all beings.

The spirit stopped dragging Colin after it down the floor and turned to face Serge.
"I have to change time...change it...the girl must stop living I must."
It said in it's strange voice which was not really a voice the sound hurting your head.
"I have no name I must...I must..."

[Workshop]

A short silence, ending with a "meh" shrug. Chalking it up as one of those things which would never be solved...

"Yeah that is why I am making this device to make sure I can find the critters before I get to close to one the next time."
Miles said sourly and pointed to his project on the work bench.
"Damn vampire getting rabies shots hurts and it is all his fault!"

Don't worry... everything's in hand.' Nicole replied down the phone, trying to reassure her boss. Unless he has anything else to say, she'll hang up and...

"As you will, you can handle yourself kid I know what, let me know if you need anything."
Paul said before you ended the call.

Fuck yeah!' giving a huge grin to the world in general. 'Looks like I've got an appointment with my wannabe murderer. Gotta go...'

"Hum...yes...wait what?"
The other Etherite exclaimed.
"And you are going to meet him? You can't go alone Nicole! Do you need any help?"

(OOC: Sorry about that I forgot to add Serge to the list Kyle go right after Adley.)

(OOC: My spellchecker want it to be the wokshop...hum...wok...now I am hungry. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:43 pm

[Workshop]

Anja's Post:

'Well, it's your own damned fault for being the Good Samaritan and shit.' Nicole quipped with a laugh.

Anja's Post:

'This is the best fucking lead we've got. Plus, there's the tiny chance this weirdo has nothing to do with this.' turning to look at Miles. 'Anyway, not that stupid... gonna tell the Chief first. Also, need to change and see if someone can do some mojo on me which will make my skin tough enough to stop a needle going in.'

'Can come along with me, if you want.'

[Could do with a wokshop. Need a new one...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:49 pm

[Workshop]

'Well, it's your own damned fault for being the Good Samaritan and shit.' Nicole quipped with a laugh.

"How should I know the guy in the fancy suit where going to try to eat me!"
Devon protested then he grumbled.
"Stupid vampire!"

'This is the best fucking lead we've got. Plus, there's the tiny chance this weirdo has nothing to do with this.' turning to look at Miles. 'Anyway, not that stupid... gonna tell the Chief first. Also, need to change and see if someone can do some mojo on me which will make my skin tough enough to stop a needle going in.'

'Can come along with me, if you want.'

"You are right we have to follow up on the lead. Yeah, I am just working on this device right now so I do want to come along, let me just get some gear from my place while you speak with the Chief and...perhaps on of the Verbena about fortifying your skin and I will be right down."
Devon said as he unplugged the soldering iron and made sure anything that could catch fire was of before he left the work shop.
"Meet you back here in ten or so?"
He asked.

(OOC: I do to mine are in horrible condition it have been used to much.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:52 pm

[Colin's room]

"I want to see that to Sir."
"They are. I was using them to test entropy magick. What are the chanced that I miss hitting a stationary target? Turns out it's quite high when luck magick is involved." Serge said with a smile. "I would be so down to let Adley force blast them."
"Tossing lightening bolts and fireballs are pretty cool dad, I can't do that though."
Anna said and sigh.

Hearing his name a few times, he turned to the group with a raised eyebrow at them. "Directing lightning? I could probably do so if I had to," he said with a nod, "but it is about as fickle as fire and just as deadly and easier to do if it looks like a storm is brewing. Weather witching, as was described earlier. Prime bolts are easier to make, but are harder to make effective and cost quintessence, so they are prohibitive in that way," he said pragmatically.

Anna shrugged with a it was in a Labyrinth what can you do, look on her face.
He gave Adley a silent nod.

"As if I thought he could not get any more loathsome and despicable."

He fished out his notepad and tore out the couple of pages he'd jotted down at the Umbral Port, "Here's what I got from the Union victims, I didn't get anything worth noting at the shop. But if there's anything delivered to my mailbox at the port while the crisis is ongoing, I'll have it delivered to the Chief here. I paid for two urgent delivery runs, and it's not cheap, but it could be worth it. Also, Miss Bouchard has some intel she's shared with and received from her Etherite superior at Riverside; you'll want to confer with her, too - I was... understandably distracted when this here came up."

He took the pages and began to read over the notes. "Where is she?" he asked.

He frowned, "I'll want that letter back, though - not that I don't trust you, but it could be fathomably used as a connection, and I would not want it astray... Oh, and I'm expecting hair samples from an afflicted Sleeper and Freddy's cousin in Chicago, for a comparative trace with some samples I got at the Umbral Port."

"I understand; I can write myself a copy."

Your hands started tingeing with power as you headed towards the spirit who was heading for Anna and Bee. Narim reacted almost as quickly as you and suddenly Bee and Anna was on the other side of the room, his first thought being to get the two girls out of the way. Both of the yelped as the spirit turned in that direction.
"Must change...the time line...must..." It said but it stopped when you said Wrinkle's name and hesitated for a moment before continuing. Amadeus drew his blade and sliced his arm open jumped in front of Anna and Beatrice.

He raised up his hands to try to make a shield around them, but Narim teleported them out of the way aand Amadeus stood ground in front of them - which was good, but then he had to shift tactics. Colin was trying to wrestle the thing down. He looked over at Master Steelhaven. "Can we try to get rid of it?" he asked, as he moved towards them also, arming himself with what looked like a club with spikes in it.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 30  Next