Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blood Money, Sick Cyborgs and Hidden Plans IC Thread 33

5 posters

Page 24 of 30 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 30  Next

Go down

Blood Money, Sick Cyborgs and Hidden Plans IC Thread 33 - Page 24 Empty Re: Blood Money, Sick Cyborgs and Hidden Plans IC Thread 33

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:52 am

[Westchapel]

Colin's Post:

'I see. Well, I'll get off, then...' Nicole said. Unless Colin [or anyone else] had anything else to add, she'll head upstairs to see the Professor...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Blood Money, Sick Cyborgs and Hidden Plans IC Thread 33 - Page 24 Empty Re: Blood Money, Sick Cyborgs and Hidden Plans IC Thread 33

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:20 am

[Westchapel]

Professor Hadermann lived on the second floor of living quarters, that made it the third floor of the building, there he had a small apartment, a lab and an office. You knocked on the door and his apprentice, a girl of about 16 who might become pretty one day but who now was lankly, full of zits and with allot of red hair in braids opened the door and she smiled to you.
"Hi Miss Bouchard my teacher is expecting you."
The apprentice said.
"He is in his lab."
She said and she pointed towards a old door with a simple, embroidered sign on it that someone had given the Deacon Primus as a gift which said Lab among a mass of flowers, Professor Hadermann probably had the sign on his for the benefit of whoever had made it for him than for himself.
"Do you need anything while you are here Ma'am?"
The apprentice said once she had pointed out where her Mentor was.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:51 am

[Colin's Apartment]
Anja wrote:Beatrice smiled a little at that.
"I will be careful Colin, I promise."
She said softly.
Colin smiled, "Thank you... If it could be arranged, I'd love to fly beside you; it would be free tumbling of a whole different nature."

Anja wrote:"I...the pain was horrible."
Beatrice muttered.
"So yes I am glad I could be put back...together again but the nightmares...what I experienced was so...earth shattering I..."
She stopped talking and tears welled up in er eyes.
"I am sorry..."
She muttered she had turned rather pale.
S7trif3 wrote:"Come here, adelfi..." he said, putting out his arms.
Anja wrote:Beatrice leaned against you, struggling not to cry before the Primus and half her Cabal but the discussion had clearly upset her and she buried her face against your chest and you could feel the warm wetness of her tears.
He gave Adley a knowing look and nodded quietly.

Anja wrote:"Indeed, I would not so easily share my memories but sharing abilities and experience is quite acceptable."
The Primus said and nodded.
S7trif3 wrote:"I don't...surely, you two can push this car without me? You don't actually need me, do you?" he asked, with a frown.
Anja wrote:"Yes it would be me and Mr Wainwright doing this."
Master Steelhaven said and smiled.
S7trif3 wrote:"Oh, good. In that case, good luck to you." He seemed relieved not to have anything to do with it.
Anja wrote:"Thank you Sodalis."
George said and he smiled a little at your reaction.
He smiled thinly, "I would invite you to join, to push at the edges of your comfort zone, Amicus, but unlike the wedding, I would not apply any pressure on you to do so - I fully understand if you're not ready for that sort of intimate teamwork. And it would be quite intimate."

Anja wrote:"That would be quite agreeable to me Mr Wainwright."
George said then he smiled.
"It is important to keep your promises to your own soul after all. You ae trying to see if these hairs have similarities energy wise?"
He asked.
Jeremy wrote:"Works for me." Serge said with a nod.
Anja wrote:"At four then gentlemen."
The Primus said and nodded.
"My apartment?"
He nodded, "I'm sure you already know how precisely we'll arrive at four, Sir... At your apartment, then, very good - we have a plan. And yes, I aim to look for similarities between a Traditionalist, a few Technocrats and a Sleeper - and perhaps more victims, if I can find them. Any connection will be a potential hot lead..."

S7trif3 wrote:He nodded, not wishing to push anything that had no real steam behind it anyway; the man was not wanting to entertain it as any idle thought and he couldn't blame him.
Anja wrote:George nodded at that.
"Yes I would agree though this is all still speculation and guess work."
He nodded thoughtfully, "As I said, he's the most likely person we know of - there are many whose names we don't know."

[Westchapel]
Anja wrote:"Well that seams like good ways to deal with these creatures but where on earth did you get infernalist vampires to send anywhere?"
The Hermetic asked but he nodded approvingly.
"Still just be careful eh?"
He grinned wryly, "Remember the Labyrinth we raided two months ago? I managed to get the vampiric allies of the Nephandi there... removed from our set of problems, and gift wrapped for Prince Lodin of Chicago as evidence against a particularly horrible little Tremere..."

Anja wrote:"Yeah...I guess you are right about that Colin."
Liam said and he scratched his head a bit and sigh clearly not liking the news.
"That is after all all we can do eh?"
He nodded, "Indeed. One day at a time..."

[Interrogation]
Nicole wrote:'I see. Well, I'll get off, then...' Nicole said. Unless Colin [or anyone else] had anything else to add, she'll head upstairs to see the Professor...
He nodded, "I'll call in concerns for Mr. Barvelli, in case he's already hurt - but if you could have the list scanned and sent to Master Sharaya for cross-referencing?"

Anja wrote:"What are Fallen Mages?"
Fio asked.
"Yeah yeah supernaturals always talk about end of the world this end of the world that."
He said and shrugged as best he could clearly not believing your tale.
He nodded, "True, supernaturals do often talk about the world ending - in a way, the world ends and is reborn every second. But, Fallen Mages are rather different; they have sold their souls to Outsider Things, beings that cannot exist in our Reality. They seek to unmake all Reality, to return it into the primordial chaos, a state of perfect, unattained potential... essentially, to make everything that is, ever was or ever will be... not have ever been in the first place. They very nearly succeeded two months ago... You're welcome, by the way."

Anja wrote:"You are wrong and he elevate me, he will never toss me aside he value me, he is a great, glorious man and I love him so much, serving him give meaning to my life! I would die for him!"
Fio declared faverusly.
"You just don't understand, he is a great man, a great man!"
The ghoul shouted.
"He is the most perfect person in the world!"
He held Fio's gaze sternly, "Your Master is a predator who, as far as it looks, sent you out to murder innocent people, including children, just for having the audacity to not want to die from something that could be kept in check with a little machine implant... No, as soon as your Master is provably involved, I'll make sure to give him a nice sunbath. And then I will gather up his ashes to scry on his every activity in this matter, before using those same remains to start tearing down all his work on this, and burn his co-conspirators, as well..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:23 pm

[Westchapel]

Anja's Post:

'Morning [Name].' Nicole will reply, giving a little smile; in the last month or so she'd got to know most of the Scientists at Westchapel by name, or at least sight. 'Yeah, thought he'd be waiting. 'Nah, don't need nothing - but don't vanish. Chances are you'll be given a load of things to do in a couple of minutes.' giving a little smile as she headed into the lab.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:49 pm

[Colin's Apartment]

Colin smiled, "Thank you... If it could be arranged, I'd love to fly beside you; it would be free tumbling of a whole different nature."

"I would have to ask my Mentor to help since I don't have the power yet to make such changes to others but yeah, that would be nice sometime."
Beatrice said with a small smile.

He nodded, "I'm sure you already know how precisely we'll arrive at four, Sir... At your apartment, then, very good - we have a plan. And yes, I aim to look for similarities between a Traditionalist, a few Technocrats and a Sleeper - and perhaps more victims, if I can find them. Any connection will be a potential hot lead..."

"I know when you will arrive yes."
The Primus said with a slight smile.
"We have a plan indeed, as for comparing hairs...are these the ones afflicted with the illness striking down those with cybernetic enhancements?"

He nodded thoughtfully, "As I said, he's the most likely person we know of - there are many whose names we don't know."

"This is very true."
George said and nodded in agreement.
"We will see who is the culprit eventually and bring them to justice."

[Westchapel]

He grinned wryly, "Remember the Labyrinth we raided two months ago? I managed to get the vampiric allies of the Nephandi there... removed from our set of problems, and gift wrapped for Prince Lodin of Chicago as evidence against a particularly horrible little Tremere..."

"That is playing dirty Colin...I like it..."
Liam said and grinned.
"Hum...killing two birds with one stone eh, well I approve."

He nodded, "Indeed. One day at a time..."

The young Bonisagus nodded at this and frowned.

[Interrogation]

He nodded, "True, supernaturals do often talk about the world ending - in a way, the world ends and is reborn every second. But, Fallen Mages are rather different; they have sold their souls to Outsider Things, beings that cannot exist in our Reality. They seek to unmake all Reality, to return it into the primordial chaos, a state of perfect, unattained potential... essentially, to make everything that is, ever was or ever will be... not have ever been in the first place. They very nearly succeeded two months ago... You're welcome, by the way."

"Well shit...and these guys actually exist?"
Fio asked and he seamed rather doubtful.
"Why on earth would anyone want to be one of those, also damn tat is very Lovcraftien and if they exisit they seam to want to piss in everyone's cereal."
He said and frowned.

He held Fio's gaze sternly, "Your Master is a predator who, as far as it looks, sent you out to murder innocent people, including children, just for having the audacity to not want to die from something that could be kept in check with a little machine implant... No, as soon as your Master is provably involved, I'll make sure to give him a nice sunbath. And then I will gather up his ashes to scry on his every activity in this matter, before using those same remains to start tearing down all his work on this, and burn his co-conspirators, as well..."

The ghoul tried to avoid your gaze, clearly he was trained to avoid eye contact. He got rathe scared and desperate from your words though. and he fought his ropes as best he could.
"No, no, no please don't hurt him...please."
He begun then he seamed a bit more uncertain.
"Not that you can find him, you could never find a great man like my Master never! And those who are dead or dying, sure that is sad but it is for my Master's benefit so a few lives to please my Master they should feel honored to be sacrificed for his ambitions!"
Fio declared proudly.

[Westchapel]

Alicia you knew pretty well, the teenager where Hadermann's personal apprentice so she would have been sent to assist you a few times, the kid was cheerful but good at her job and she did what she was told.
"Yeah my teacher told me to send you right inn Miss Bouchard."
The apprentice said.
"Ah yes...I will stay right here then."
The kid said with a wry smile.

You got into Dr Hadermann's neat lab, there where three benches, various types of equipment and cabinets for more equipments, chemicals and other things he would need, a computer stood at a desk in the corner and a large white board full of calculations was at the other end of the room. Dr Hadermann himself was a tall, thin man in his mid sixties, what hair was left was stark white, he had an eagle nose, thin lips and sharp blue eyes, he was wearing pressed gray pants, a white shirt and a gray knitted weather looking the image of an old professor, his left leg was acting up at times so he was leaning on a cane with a silver handle as he was bent over a microscope looking at something, when he heard you come in though he turned around and gave you a measured smile.
"Good morning Miss Bouchard please do come in."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:12 pm

[Colin's Room]

Adley wrote:"I don't...surely, you two can push this car without me? You don't actually need me, do you?" he asked, with a frown.
Anja wrote:"Yes it would be me and Mr Wainwright doing this."
Master Steelhaven said and smiled.
Adley wrote:"Oh, good. In that case, good luck to you." He seemed relieved not to have anything to do with it.
Colin wrote:He smiled thinly, "I would invite you to join, to push at the edges of your comfort zone, Amicus, but unlike the wedding, I would not apply any pressure on you to do so - I fully understand if you're not ready for that sort of intimate teamwork. And it would be quite intimate."

"Yeah, linking minds isn't something everyone's ready for right out of the gate. It can get....personal very quickly." Serge said with a nod.

[Cafe]

Anja wrote:"There is a story behind it kid, when Heylel Teomim, the leader of the first Cabal betrayed his friend to the Order of Reason he was hunted down and arrested, when he was allowed to wear clothes, becuse the Traditions loves to shame prisoners by stipping them naked because we are so Enlightened."
Ange said the last with an eyeroll and she clearly did not approve.
"Anyway when Master Teomim where allowed to wear clothes he wore white so wearing white in the month of his execution is seen as support for Master Teomim. Protesters against Tradition politics, especially against the practice of...something not to be mentoned over dinner often wear white."
She continued.
"Yes that is the right way to introduce yourself."
Ange replied to your question.

"Oh...was hoping it was a funnier story." Serge said frowning at the darker shift in tone. "But yeah I can see why whites a no go."

Wanting to change the subjects, Serge asked, "Is there anything special happening in the Cult of Ectasy pocket realm. Like events and stuff. Or in Horizon in general. Beside the white clothes thing."

Anja wrote:"Well that is not what you where asking Serge you asked about drop in magick schools and no you do not have that on Horizon, finding someone who can teach you what you wish though might be possible, but it will not be done on a few days on Horizon, if I am going to use my contacts to get you a teacher you must be dedicated to learn no matter how long it takes."
Ange said seriously then she nodded.
"I do believe you can sell your art on Horizon yes especially since the Prima have one of your pieces, mages are not immune to wanting what those in power have, but magickal education are expensive so no I do not think someone will be willing to dedicate themselves to teaching you for months perhaps years in exchange for a picture no."

"I'm dedicated to everything I do. In three months I broke new barriers on my mind and learned two different ranks of magick, one of which I learned from a master VA and the other I learned completely on my own. I can learn anything I put my mind too." Serge said with a smile. "If you can get me a teacher who can teach me force-based illusions that'd be amazing. I promise you I'll take the lessons seriously. Though I wish I could learn something on Horizon in a few days. A small rote or something."

Anja wrote:"They have meat pies as well but the omelets are quite delicious."
Ange said and smiled.
"What I want is for you to get some vitamins and protein as well as carbs."
She said with a chuckle.

"I wish I could just teleport food into my stomach. That way it wouldn't take so much time. Would lose the taste though which kinda sucks."

Anja wrote:"Then to you that is what happens Serge, remember you form your surroundings with your beliefs even if others might not see things the same way as you. One of the doctors at the hospital I work in, he is a werewolf and while he knows all about biology and work with medicines and use all the tools of modern science he still believe the cause of illness are asshole spirits making a person sick and modern medicine become a way to banish them, it is all in how you look at it."
Ange said and she ate some more omelet.
"I am glad you are happy at your new Chantry and that you have found friends my son, that warms my heart."

"Right..right. Everyone at the chantry gets really confuse when I start talking about 'imaginary' stuff like that so I've had to tone it down in the past few months." Serge said sheepishly.

"The guys at the chantry are amazing people. Wish I could do more to help them out though. I always see everybody working so hard all day everyday. All I do everyday is draw and watch netflix. I occasionally make something for someone and that's exciting but I wanna do more. In the same amount of time Nicole's managed to create a gym and get two cars for the chantry to use." Serge said taking a couple more bites of his cheesecake.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:25 pm

[Westchapel]

Anja's Post:

Giving Alicia a nod, Nicole headed into the lab. 'Happy to report there's one pissed-off guy in your basement. I also bear other gifts...' pulling out one of the loaded syringes and placing it in front of the Professor with a little flourish. 'Got quite a few, actually... you're welcome to have 'em, though I need one for the Mirrorshades, one for Dry Dock and one for us. Think sending one to a Lab in [Washington] DC and Chicago is in order. I also have this mysterious item...' pulling out the unlabelled bottle and placing it beside the syringe. 'Some other everyday things too, which I'll throw at the nearest Adept to do their thing. And from a supposedly friendly Mirrorshade...' taking the serum kit and putting it with the other two items.' ending with a smug smile, which was perhaps justified in this case.

'On the way here, got a bit of intel in, sir. Said the attacker worked for a Mob front and somehow necromancy was involved. No idea where that's going or why, but there you go.' A short pause before continuing;

'Made any headway your end, sir?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:40 pm

[Colin's Apartment]

Beatrice leaned against you, struggling not to cry before the Primus and half her Cabal but the discussion had clearly upset her and she buried her face against your chest and you could feel the warm wetness of her tears.
He gave Adley a knowing look and nodded quietly.

He gave her a big hug and put his head on top of hers.

He smiled thinly, "I would invite you to join, to push at the edges of your comfort zone, Amicus, but unlike the wedding, I would not apply any pressure on you to do so - I fully understand if you're not ready for that sort of intimate teamwork. And it would be quite intimate."
"Yeah, linking minds isn't something everyone's ready for right out of the gate. It can get....personal very quickly." Serge said with a nod.

"I appreciate being invited so that I can say no," he said, tipping his head. "The wedding at least had cake and an open bar. I don't think I want an open bar on our minds," he said wryly.

[Airport Parking Lot]

"I guess so brother or our pater would not have taken him in."
Helena said still sounding doubtful.
"I will have to wait to hear the rest of the story."
She agreed with a sigh.

"I'd tell you now, but it's not the best place for that kind of chat. Plus, I figure that our pater would rather introduce you..."

"My Mentor want me to learn Enochian, Coptic and Spanish as well."
Stephen said and sigh.
"Languages are important child."
Helena said and the boy sigh again.
"Yes Mentor."

He smiled a little. "I don't know Spanish yet, but if you know Latin you'll have a grasp on many of the root words. Right now I'm still working on Hebrew, and sign language..."

"I am glad you have found someone Adley."
Helena said

He drove in silence a few moments then glanced at her a second. "So...you knew for how long and didn't even give me a nudge? You know I can be really oblivious when it comes to things like that."

"It should have been made legal a long time ago."
Helena said.
"In the Traditions there have never been such restrictions, one good things the Solificati did when they where a part of the Nine, making sure marriage between mages are not limited when it comes to gender."

"There is still a long way to go on some things, and individual mentors vary too. Between magii, maybe but I know back in the day there were still issues if you were with grogs. I suppose today the main issue is the danger, I never could bring myself to get too close to any Sleepers after I awoke. But yes, change takes time but at least there is progress."

"This is nice brother, it have charm."
Helena said.
"Let us find a table."

He nodded, gestured to an empty one and headed over to sit.

you noticed Stephen looking around and he pointed out two pepole, a young woman by the counter and an older man eating while he read a book and Helena nodded.
"Well done kid, hedge wizards I think."
And they where you had seen both pepole at Westchapel

He nodded back to the man and then took a seat. "Careful who you point at," he said as he slid into the booth. "It's good to give everything a check out though, let's see, whatever kind of pizza you want is fine. It's all good. Today started off with cookies for breakfast and will likely be capped off with a dinner so it's carb day." He grinned at Helena.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:08 pm

[Colin's Room]

He gave her a big hug and put his head on top of hers.

Beatrice sat like that for a while trying to collect herself but you could feel that she was shaking, she did not do well with being reminded of the unfinished ritual.

"Very much so, I think me and Mr Wainwright will be enough there is no need to involve my young Sodalis."
George said so Adley would not feel so uncomfortable.

[Cafe]

"Oh...was hoping it was a funnier story." Serge said frowning at the darker shift in tone. "But yeah I can see why whites a no go."

Wanting to change the subjects, Serge asked, "Is there anything special happening in the Cult of Ectasy pocket realm. Like events and stuff. Or in Horizon in general. Beside the white clothes thing."

"Yes it is best to avoid white clothes indeed child."
Your Mentor said.
"As for events not that I know of no, but you can always check when you get there."

"I'm dedicated to everything I do. In three months I broke new barriers on my mind and learned two different ranks of magick, one of which I learned from a master VA and the other I learned completely on my own. I can learn anything I put my mind too." Serge said with a smile. "If you can get me a teacher who can teach me force-based illusions that'd be amazing. I promise you I'll take the lessons seriously. Though I wish I could learn something on Horizon in a few days. A small rote or something."

"Then I will see what I can do to get you an instructor kid but remember you have to learn the basics first, bending light around to create illusions are Initiate or Deciple degree magick. Now as for a rote there are no shops where you just buy one but you might be able to find someone who can teach you one but you will have to pay for it and it can get expensive."

"I wish I could just teleport food into my stomach. That way it wouldn't take so much time. Would lose the taste though which kinda sucks."

Ange gave you a concerned look.
"Serge...magick can do just about anything but it is important that you do not forget to be human. I am glad you are dedicated to your passions but there is a point where dedication become obsession and self abusive. To loose contact with what makes you human means loosing contact with yourself and that is not art, that is escaping reality, there are two different things."
She said in a serious tone of voice.

"Right..right. Everyone at the chantry gets really confuse when I start talking about 'imaginary' stuff like that so I've had to tone it down in the past few months." Serge said sheepishly.

"Well adjusting one's speech to what others can understand is a good life skill kid, I can not speak the same way to all my patients, if I spoke the same to a four year old bed wetter as to a 50 year old in a midlife crisis I would not get very well results. You have your reality though even if you might not always be able to explain it to everyone around you."
The older Cultist said.

"The guys at the chantry are amazing people. Wish I could do more to help them out though. I always see everybody working so hard all day everyday. All I do everyday is draw and watch netflix. I occasionally make something for someone and that's exciting but I wanna do more. In the same amount of time Nicole's managed to create a gym and get two cars for the chantry to use." Serge said taking a couple more bites of his cheesecake.

"Hum...well then you need to figure out where you want to contribute and offer your services, you can always be more active at your Chantry and do more if that is what you wish."
Ange commented as she ate her lunch. Theresa came over to take your order for some proper food though so she stopped talking.
"Want something more filling than cake kid?"
The waitress asked.

[Westchapel]

Giving Alicia a nod, Nicole headed into the lab. 'Happy to report there's one pissed-off guy in your basement. I also bear other gifts...' pulling out one of the loaded syringes and placing it in front of the Professor with a little flourish. 'Got quite a few, actually... you're welcome to have 'em, though I need one for the Mirrorshades, one for Dry Dock and one for us.

"Ah wonderful I do hope the man is being properly interrogated."
The older Etherite said as he picked up the syringe and studied it.
"Hum...yes very well, sharing with Dry Dock is not a problem, however why the Technocratic Union? I get this is their problem as well but do you really think they will send any information our way and I am skeptical giving them a weapon such as this."
He said as he looked at the liquid in the syringe closely.

Think sending one to a Lab in [Washington] DC and Chicago is in order.

"A sleeper lab? I am afraid that we will have to examine this first to make sure doing so will not break the Law of Shade first."
Dr Hadermann said firmly.

I also have this mysterious item...' pulling out the unlabelled bottle and placing it beside the syringe.

"This do look to be a similar substance as in the syringe I suspect it is how the drug is stored before it is drawn up but I will examine it."
The professor said as he glanced at the bottle.

'Some other everyday things too, which I'll throw at the nearest Adept to do their thing. And from a supposedly friendly Mirrorshade...' taking the serum kit and putting it with the other two items.' ending with a smug smile, which was perhaps justified in this case.

"Yes let the Adepts do their things on the other items."
Dr Hadermann said as he picked the kit up and examined it.
"This looks like a packet from a standard issue Union first aid kit, where did you get it?"
He asked.

'On the way here, got a bit of intel in, sir. Said the attacker worked for a Mob front and somehow necromancy was involved. No idea where that's going or why, but there you go.' A short pause before continuing;

'Made any headway your end, sir?'

"I have heard a few rumors of a family of vampire mobsters who practice necromancy, nothing concrete though."
Hadermann said and frowned.
"No not much, not yet, but now I have a few things to work on, well done Scientist."
He said and nodded.

[Airport Parking Lot]

"I'd tell you now, but it's not the best place for that kind of chat. Plus, I figure that our pater would rather introduce you..."

"Very well."
Your sister said simply.
"I will ask our pater when we get to Steelhaven."

He smiled a little. "I don't know Spanish yet, but if you know Latin you'll have a grasp on many of the root words. Right now I'm still working on Hebrew, and sign language..."

"Yeah I guess Spanish came from Latin, that is similar to Italian right?"
The apprentice asked then he smiled.
"Sign language is pretty cool, do you know someone who is dead uncle...I mean Mr Roth Hicks?"

He drove in silence a few moments then glanced at her a second. "So...you knew for how long and didn't even give me a nudge? You know I can be really oblivious when it comes to things like that."

"I suspected it, the little glances you sent a good looking boy but never the girls, but I reckoned you had to work things out for yourself and that it was your business and not mine."
Helena said.
"I did not think you would appreciate me meddling."

"There is still a long way to go on some things, and individual mentors vary too. Between magii, maybe but I know back in the day there were still issues if you were with grogs. I suppose today the main issue is the danger, I never could bring myself to get too close to any Sleepers after I awoke. But yes, change takes time but at least there is progress."

"Well odd thing that our pater might be concerned if you where to fall for a sleeper, there would just be to many issues and this sleeper would be put in danger from being with you, but what gender you prefer I can not imagine bother him much, but yes even among our society there are intolerant idiots that for some reason or another think other's love life are their business. In my opinion as long as you do not date a Technocrat or a Nephandus and not a vampire either and do not put sleepers in needless danger then everything else is up to you."
Your sister said.
"But I know it can not be easy, there are to many narrow minded idiots out there."

He nodded, gestured to an empty one and headed over to sit.

Helena and Stephen joined you at the table.
"So is this a place where we wait for a waiter or do we go and order ourselves?"
Helena asked.

He nodded back to the man and then took a seat. "Careful who you point at," he said as he slid into the booth. "It's good to give everything a check out though, let's see, whatever kind of pizza you want is fine. It's all good. Today started off with cookies for breakfast and will likely be capped off with a dinner so it's carb day." He grinned at Helena.

"Yeah it seams to be so."
Helena said and sigh.
"It is not that I care what I look like really but I need to be fit enough to do my job, then again pizza do taste good."
She said. Stephen nodded and he gave you an apologetic look.
"Yeah sorry for pointing Sir...hum let us get something with meatballs and beacon and onions..."
He said...what do you guys want?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:21 pm

[Colin's Room]

Beatrice sat like that for a while trying to collect herself but you could feel that she was shaking, she did not do well with being reminded of the unfinished ritual.

"We are here now, together..." he repeated, and then said the same thing in Enochian, more or less.

[Airport Parking Lot]

"Yeah I guess Spanish came from Latin, that is similar to Italian right?"
The apprentice asked then he smiled.
"Sign language is pretty cool, do you know someone who is dead uncle...I mean Mr Roth Hicks?"

"Yes, that's correct, Italian, Latin and French...all the so called Romance languages." his last question caught him off guard though, and all he could muster was a surprised, "What?"

"I suspected it, the little glances you sent a good looking boy but never the girls, but I reckoned you had to work things out for yourself and that it was your business and not mine."
Helena said.
"I did not think you would appreciate me meddling."

"Eh...I could have used some meddling, then again I was neck deep in studying and hardly had time to think about anything else. Or so I told myself."

"Well odd thing that our pater might be concerned if you where to fall for a sleeper, there would just be to many issues and this sleeper would be put in danger from being with you, but what gender you prefer I can not imagine bother him much, but yes even among our society there are intolerant idiots that for some reason or another think other's love life are their business. In my opinion as long as you do not date a Technocrat or a Nephandus and not a vampire either and do not put sleepers in needless danger then everything else is up to you."
Your sister said.
"But I know it can not be easy, there are to many narrow minded idiots out there."

"At least I live in Boston, things are better here than other places past the Maison Dixon line. Still, I grew up with a religious background, I heard enough..." He shrugged.

Helena and Stephen joined you at the table.
"So is this a place where we wait for a waiter or do we go and order ourselves?"
Helena asked.

"Kind of both, if you sit long enough someone might come over," he said amused. "But I can put the order in at the counter."

"Yeah it seams to be so."
Helena said and sigh.
"It is not that I care what I look like really but I need to be fit enough to do my job, then again pizza do taste good."
She said. Stephen nodded and he gave you an apologetic look.
"Yeah sorry for pointing Sir...hum let us get something with meatballs and beacon and onions..."
He said...what do you guys want?"

"If we put vegetables on it we can pretend it's healthy," he said with a smile. "I like cheese, but like I said whatever you want is fine. Drinks?" He waited to see what they wanted and then went up to put in their order.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:34 pm

[Westchapel]

Anja's Post:

'The proof of the cooking is the eating...' Nicole replied, wondering for a second about the Chief's faith in Colin's abilities. 'As for the Union... well, the one who went with me kinda made a promise to keep them in the loop. However... I don't think we should keep all the intel we learn from them. Specially bits like "who did it"... when they're in a compound with a private army. Don't see why we have to end up taking the casualties all the time...' giving an evil grin. 'But we also need to remember the Union is already suspecting we're behind it. Well, the Mystics. Y'know, standard kneejerk response. I get the feeling if they don't get intel that shows otherwise soon, they might continue with the kneejerk... from taking in a few of us for "questioning" to sending HIT-Marks through our front doors. But they won't take our word for it, so we need to show them evidence.'

Anja's Post:

'Our labs, sir. Surely both cities will have one. They are also the two other places where hits have been recorded. And Edison's Law applies here: the more brain-power we throw at it, the quicker an antidote can be found.'

Anja's Post:

'Was given it by the Union Doc at the Port. She's got two victims in her bay, one corpse who used to be one and is fairly pissed by the choking red tape. Was curious to how good it was, me - I know we have similar for the Cavalry, but their development might have been a better path...' clearly a Scientist who didn't have any qualms about pinching a Union design when it was proven to be better.

Anja's Post:

'Not fucking vampires again.' the large woman replied, giving a sour look. 'But... why bother? What did pacemakers and hearing implants do to piss off a bunch of sun-dodging corpses?' clearly confused by this.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:14 pm

[Cafe]

Anja wrote:"Then I will see what I can do to get you an instructor kid but remember you have to learn the basics first, bending light around to create illusions are Initiate or Deciple degree magick. Now as for a rote there are no shops where you just buy one but you might be able to find someone who can teach you one but you will have to pay for it and it can get expensive."

"Sweet. Thanks a lot. I'm not too worried. The basics are often quite fun to learn. Opening up to a new realm of possibilities that you've never experienced before." Serge said with a smile before a curious look fell over him and he asked, "Hey, wait. If its only Initiate level stuff, can you do stuff like that? I know your a Master of Mind but you have a a bunch of other skills up your sleeve right? You teaching me would make things go a lot smoother."

Anja wrote:Ange gave you a concerned look.
"Serge...magick can do just about anything but it is important that you do not forget to be human. I am glad you are dedicated to your passions but there is a point where dedication become obsession and self abusive. To loose contact with what makes you human means loosing contact with yourself and that is not art, that is escaping reality, there are two different things."
She said in a serious tone of voice.

"That's not the first time you've said that to me. Don't worry though, I still walk even after learning how to teleport." Serge said with a soft smile. "I'm not going to lose my humanity anytime soon Ange. Your the one who made me see that there's some value to this world. Including the importance of remembering one's humanity. I won't be forgetting that anytime soon."

Anja wrote:"Well adjusting one's speech to what others can understand is a good life skill kid, I can not speak the same way to all my patients, if I spoke the same to a four year old bed wetter as to a 50 year old in a midlife crisis I would not get very well results. You have your reality though even if you might not always be able to explain it to everyone around you."
The older Cultist said.

"Even after adjusting my speech. They still give me odd looks here and there. And lecture me about how my views are 'unrealistic' and 'life's not like a tv show Serge' and stuff like that. It's a little tiring really. Wish I could explain it properly." Serge said picking at his cheesecake.

Anja wrote:"Hum...well then you need to figure out where you want to contribute and offer your services, you can always be more active at your Chantry and do more if that is what you wish."
Ange commented as she ate her lunch. Theresa came over to take your order for some proper food though so she stopped talking.
"Want something more filling than cake kid?"
The waitress asked.

Serge was about to reply when the waitress came over. He gave the women a friendly smile and said, "I'll take whatever she's having.", gesturing over towards Ange's plate. "Aaaand you know what. Throw in some pie as well."

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:01 am; edited 3 times in total
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:50 am

[Colin's Apartment]
Jeremy wrote:"Yeah, linking minds isn't something everyone's ready for right out of the gate. It can get....personal very quickly." Serge said with a nod.
Anja wrote:"Very much so, I think me and Mr Wainwright will be enough there is no need to involve my young Sodalis."
George said so Adley would not feel so uncomfortable.
S7trif3 wrote:"I appreciate being invited so that I can say no," he said, tipping his head. "The wedding at least had cake and an open bar. I don't think I want an open bar on our minds," he said wryly.
Colin nodded, "True, it can get personal - but I trust our young Cultist knows enough to expose memories. As for the wedding, yes, Barry did come by for some earrings for his aunt the other week, and he did mention something about suddenly having a teacher in his family... He did ask me to convey his apologies for his aunt's... misunderstanding. And to pass on his gratitude for keeping her company for a bit."

Anja wrote:"I know when you will arrive yes."
The Primus said with a slight smile.
"We have a plan indeed, as for comparing hairs...are these the ones afflicted with the illness striking down those with cybernetic enhancements?"
He nodded, "If I'm lucky, the hairs - from two different cities, and three different factions - will display one common element, one shared connection to whoever made the stuff that is killing them... And I did promise to destroy the hairs properly after the test, to ensure they can't be misused by anyone."

Anja wrote:"This is very true."
George said and nodded in agreement.
"We will see who is the culprit eventually and bring them to justice."
He frowned, "For this, I should like to see poetic justice, as well as the legal sort."

[Westchapel]
Anja wrote:"That is playing dirty Colin...I like it..."
Liam said and grinned.
"Hum...killing two birds with one stone eh, well I approve."
He frowned, "Nicolai had it coming; trading with the Nephandi to get a child bride from the Traditions..."

[Interrogation]
Anja wrote:"Well shit...and these guys actually exist?"
Fio asked and he seamed rather doubtful.
"Why on earth would anyone want to be one of those, also damn tat is very Lovcraftien and if they exisit they seam to want to piss in everyone's cereal."
He said and frowned.
He nodded, "They exist... and yes, there is a very Lovecraftian element to it. As for why anyone would want to be one of those... they have an insidious recruitment wing, and once someone's Fallen, well... the sunk cost fallacy does seem to be a relevant concept..."

Anja wrote:The ghoul tried to avoid your gaze, clearly he was trained to avoid eye contact. He got rathe scared and desperate from your words though. and he fought his ropes as best he could.
"No, no, no please don't hurt him...please."
He begun then he seamed a bit more uncertain.
"Not that you can find him, you could never find a great man like my Master never! And those who are dead or dying, sure that is sad but it is for my Master's benefit so a few lives to please my Master they should feel honored to be sacrificed for his ambitions!"
Fio declared proudly.
He shook his head, "That's your blood addiction talking, to some extent... but the question remains, why does your Master want these people dead? What does it benefit him if seemingly random people in multiple cities die from a poison that severs the victims' connection to their..."
He frowned, "Huh... there's a thought... I'll have to place a call once you've answered that question."

((OOC: Pathfinder game went well. We're exploring a haunted mansion, and can't make it more than three doors before we nearly get killed, and blow through ALL our replenishable resources in a single combat encounter... but we finally hit level 6. We just might have a chance. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:19 am

[Colin's Room]

He nodded, "If I'm lucky, the hairs - from two different cities, and three different factions - will display one common element, one shared connection to whoever made the stuff that is killing them... And I did promise to destroy the hairs properly after the test, to ensure they can't be misused by anyone."

"That is something that might yield results, we can hope at least."
George said.
"And destroying the hairs after you are done is a good precaution and it is important to keep one's words."

He frowned, "For this, I should like to see poetic justice, as well as the legal sort."

"That might be arranged we are going to have to see when we find them."
The old magus said with a chuckle.

"We are here now, together..." he repeated, and then said the same thing in Enochian, more or less.

Beatrice nodded and eventually she stopped crying and she was not shaking as much.
"I am sorry...for making a fuss."
She whispered.

[Airport Parking Lot]

"Yes, that's correct, Italian, Latin and French...all the so called Romance languages." his last question caught him off guard though, and all he could muster was a surprised, "What?"

Helena turned around with a sigh to give her apprentice a stern look.
"Deaf I meant deaf as in someone who can't hear."
The younger mage said hurriedly.

"Eh...I could have used some meddling, then again I was neck deep in studying and hardly had time to think about anything else. Or so I told myself."

"Then perhaps I should have meddled brother, I am glad you have found someone now though, I hope you can find happiness."
Helena said and sigh again.
"Truth to be told I was so engaged in my own studies it was hard for me to get involved with the private lives of others at the time, I guess I was pretty selfish."

"At least I live in Boston, things are better here than other places past the Maison Dixon line. Still, I grew up with a religious background, I heard enough..." He shrugged.

"I am glad it is better here, listen brother let me know if anyone give you a hard time and I will come and kick their ass, you will always be my little brother and I will protect you."
Helena promised and she took her eyes of the road to look at you for a while.
"I will not let anyone mess with you."

"Kind of both, if you sit long enough someone might come over," he said amused. "But I can put the order in at the counter."

"Yes that might be best so we get our food sooner."
Your sister agreed.

"If we put vegetables on it we can pretend it's healthy," he said with a smile. "I like cheese, but like I said whatever you want is fine. Drinks?" He waited to see what they wanted and then went up to put in their order.

"We can put some onions and mushrooms on it."
Stephen said.
"Ah yes and perhaps some paprika."
Helena said then she smiled.
"And if we are going to indulge we might as well load up on the cheese as well, as for drinks I would like a mineral water please."
She said and her apprentice smiled.
"I would like a regular pepsi please."

You got to the counter where a woman about your age where taking orders, she was friendly looking with long dark hair. When it was your turn she said.
"What can I get for you today Sir?"
She asked.

[Westchapel]

He frowned, "Nicolai had it coming; trading with the Nephandi to get a child bride from the Traditions..."

"A child bride? He was not planning on turning her did he?"
Liam said looking shocked.
"Damn I hope the asshole suffered!"
He declared angrily being protective when children where involved.

'The proof of the cooking is the eating...' Nicole replied, wondering for a second about the Chief's faith in Colin's abilities. 'As for the Union... well, the one who went with me kinda made a promise to keep them in the loop. However... I don't think we should keep all the intel we learn from them. Specially bits like "who did it"... when they're in a compound with a private army. Don't see why we have to end up taking the casualties all the time...' giving an evil grin. 'But we also need to remember the Union is already suspecting we're behind it. Well, the Mystics. Y'know, standard kneejerk response. I get the feeling if they don't get intel that shows otherwise soon, they might continue with the kneejerk... from taking in a few of us for "questioning" to sending HIT-Marks through our front doors. But they won't take our word for it, so we need to show them evidence.'

"You make a good point Scientist Bouchard, and sharing information I am not that oposed to but handing over a sample of this drug that means they can use it against us, we know they wish to eradicate Traditionalist Technomancers more than any other so called Deviant."
Professor Hadermann said and frowned.
"However if deals have been made we have to honor them, but I am not comfortable with it."
He added and crossed his arms over his chest.

Our labs, sir. Surely both cities will have one. They are also the two other places where hits have been recorded. And Edison's Law applies here: the more brain-power we throw at it, the quicker an antidote can be found.'

"Ah yes off course...yes I will contact Scientists of the other affected cities and set something up."
The Professor agreed.

'Was given it by the Union Doc at the Port. She's got two victims in her bay, one corpse who used to be one and is fairly pissed by the choking red tape. Was curious to how good it was, me - I know we have similar for the Cavalry, but their development might have been a better path...' clearly a Scientist who didn't have any qualms about pinching a Union design when it was proven to be better.

"Hum...if this is the poison and toxicity kit then it works very well, all most all good as Verbena healing I would think, it should protect the user from just about any substance they have been exposed to, it tend to make you rather nacious after use but it should keep you safe."
Dr Hadermann said and nodded.
"I can do a quick check on it if you want to make sure it is safe, if it is what I think it is though it can be quite useful."

'Not fucking vampires again.' the large woman replied, giving a sour look. 'But... why bother? What did pacemakers and hearing implants do to piss off a bunch of sun-dodging corpses?' clearly confused by this.

"That is what we have to find out and also how they are involved."
Dr Hadermann said and frowned.
"Vampires are very disturbing creatures."

[Interrogation]

He nodded, "They exist... and yes, there is a very Lovecraftian element to it. As for why anyone would want to be one of those... they have an insidious recruitment wing, and once someone's Fallen, well... the sunk cost fallacy does seem to be a relevant concept..."

"Well I guess knowing there are vampires evil mages should not be to much of a surprise but seriously these Fallen guys you speak of if they are real they are fucked up!"
Fio grumbled.

He shook his head, "That's your blood addiction talking, to some extent... but the question remains, why does your Master want these people dead? What does it benefit him if seemingly random people in multiple cities die from a poison that severs the victims' connection to their..."
He frowned, "Huh... there's a thought... I'll have to place a call once you've answered that question."

"I don't know it is not like my Master tell me such things but he is a great man so I am sure he have a good reason which he can earn money on, that is usually the case, and with those odd folks he have been talking with I am sure the plan is nearly as glorious that he is."
Fio said.
"See you will get nothing useful from me."

[Cafe]

"Sweet. Thanks a lot. I'm not too worried. The basics are often quite fun to learn. Opening up to a new realm of possibilities that you've never experienced before." Serge said with a smile before a curious look fell over him and he asked, "Hey, wait. If its only Initiate level stuff, can you do stuff like that? I know your a Master of Mind but you have a a bunch of other skills up your sleeve right? You teaching me would make things go a lot smoother."

"I am afraid that the part of reality that the Traditions insist on calling Forces are not my forte and is not an area I have not studied to any degree where I am comfortable teaching."
Ange said.
"But I am sure I can find someone who are and expert to teach you."

"That's not the first time you've said that to me. Don't worry though, I still walk even after learning how to teleport." Serge said with a soft smile. "I'm not going to lose my humanity anytime soon Ange. Your the one who made me see that there's some value to this world. Including the importance of remembering one's humanity. I won't be forgetting that anytime soon."

"Good but it still worry me allot Serge you mention this quite often, a desire to use magick to stop doing basic human things so the desire is clearly there. Remember our souls where born into a human experience for a reason, and to deny them that will not lead to your Avatar developing and besides there is pleasure to be found in just being human."
Your Mentor said and frowned.

"Even after adjusting my speech. They still give me odd looks here and there. And lecture me about how my views are 'unrealistic' and 'life's not like a tv show Serge' and stuff like that. It's a little tiring really. Wish I could explain it properly." Serge said picking at his cheesecake.

"Then learn to explain it properly Serge, remember they do not see the world like you do."
Your Mentor said.

Serge was about to reply when the waitress came over. He gave the women a friendly smile and said, "I'll take whatever she's having.", gesturing over towards Ange's plate. "Aaaand you know what. Throw in some pie as well."

"Coming right up kid."
Theresa said and she made a note of it and smiled.
"What sort of pie would you like?"

(OOC: I am glad you had fun at your game Warp.)
(OOC 2: Happy Valntines day. The Nephandi will be celebrating with lots and lots of tentacle fun. Smile )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:32 am

[Colin's Apartment]

Beatrice nodded and eventually she stopped crying and she was not shaking as much.
"I am sorry...for making a fuss."
She whispered.

"You aren't.

Colin nodded, "True, it can get personal - but I trust our young Cultist knows enough to expose memories. As for the wedding, yes, Barry did come by for some earrings for his aunt the other week, and he did mention something about suddenly having a teacher in his family... He did ask me to convey his apologies for his aunt's... misunderstanding. And to pass on his gratitude for keeping her company for a bit."

"I'm glad that you don't need me for this one. As for that..." He shrugged. "I tried to explain, but she was rather insistent. Well, let them know if they need a tutor.""

[Airport Parking Lot]

"Deaf I meant deaf as in someone who can't hear."
The younger mage said hurriedly.

"He glanced at the rearview mirror at Stephen a moment and then shook his head a little. "No, but I know people not inclined to speak."

"Then perhaps I should have meddled brother, I am glad you have found someone now though, I hope you can find happiness."
Helena said and sigh again.
"Truth to be told I was so engaged in my own studies it was hard for me to get involved with the private lives of others at the time, I guess I was pretty selfish."

"I don't know about selfish per se, but I had the same revelation recently. I regret not taking more interest in...people, and then they were gone and I regretted it, yes. Perhaps it is normal though to have a period where you're trying to figure things out, also I don't like to bother people."

"I am glad it is better here, listen brother let me know if anyone give you a hard time and I will come and kick their ass, you will always be my little brother and I will protect you." Helena promised and she took her eyes of the road to look at you for a while. "I will not let anyone mess with you."

He smiled a bit "Thank you, but I might feel better if I kicked their asses myself. I haven't had too many issues since I was out of high school and moved away from my parents but I also haven't really been out in public much with a boyfriend."

"Yes that might be best so we get our food sooner."
Your sister agreed.

"Sure."

"We can put some onions and mushrooms on it."
Stephen said.
"Ah yes and perhaps some paprika."
Helena said then she smiled.
"And if we are going to indulge we might as well load up on the cheese as well, as for drinks I would like a mineral water please."
She said and her apprentice smiled.
"I would like a regular pepsi please."

"Not sure if this is a mineral water or paprika sort of place but I'll see what I can do."

"What can I get for you today Sir?"
She asked.

"Hi. We'll have the works with no anchovies, please. A large, size. If you have any crushed cayenne pepper or paprika, a it on the side would be great. A pepsi, diet pepsi and mineral water if you have it. Or bottled water. Thanks." He paid up cash, since it was a cash place, then headed back to sit down with the others. "I got the one that has extra cheese, mushrooms, onions, peppers, garlic, sausage, and pepperoni. I hope that's alright, I know it's not bacon but they don't have that but it has everything else. You think that you're going to need a bit of rest? You took a redeye, right?"

// @Warp, you lived to see 6th level at least!

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:53 am

[Westchapel]
Anja wrote:"A child bride? He was not planning on turning her did he?"
Liam said looking shocked.
"Damn I hope the asshole suffered!"
He declared angrily being protective when children where involved.
Colin nodded slowly, "If by some miracle of political horse-trading he's still, er, alive, I suppose I'll have to arrange for a surprise suntan for the kid."

[Interrogation]
Anja wrote:"Well I guess knowing there are vampires evil mages should not be to much of a surprise but seriously these Fallen guys you speak of if they are real they are fucked up!"
Fio grumbled.
He nodded, "They are. Well, some of them are less dedicated to global nonexistence, preferring to settle for unmaking themselves. Either way, it's not good..."

Anja wrote:"I don't know it is not like my Master tell me such things but he is a great man so I am sure he have a good reason which he can earn money on, that is usually the case, and with those odd folks he have been talking with I am sure the plan is nearly as glorious that he is."
Fio said.
"See you will get nothing useful from me."
He frowned, "Ah, those odd folks, now we're getting to the interesting bits. So, your Master is simply doing this as a mercenary arrangement, then - what can you tell me about his employers, then?"

Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:47 am

[Colin's Apartment]

"You aren't.

"I feel at times that I am weak brother, little but a burden, and especially now when there is important things to do."
Beatrice said regretfully.

[Airport Parking Lot]

"He glanced at the rearview mirror at Stephen a moment and then shook his head a little. "No, but I know people not inclined to speak."

"Yeah I guess there are those who would rather not speak, I don't really get that though, then again my Mentor says I speak to much."
Stephen said and Helena gave you a look that said yes he do.

"I don't know about selfish per se, but I had the same revelation recently. I regret not taking more interest in...people, and then they were gone and I regretted it, yes. Perhaps it is normal though to have a period where you're trying to figure things out, also I don't like to bother people."

"I guess I was trying to impress our pater, after our sister was killed in battle I felt I had to live up to everything she was and she was fierce. I was to caught up in my own things, I am sorry, I should have paid ore attention to you brother."
Your sister said with a regretful sigh.

He smiled a bit "Thank you, but I might feel better if I kicked their asses myself. I haven't had too many issues since I was out of high school and moved away from my parents but I also haven't really been out in public much with a boyfriend."

"Well standing up for yourself is always better however know that I got your back Adley, if you need me I will always come and help you, and if someone say something remember this, it is they that are idiots, there is nothing wrong with you, love is love."
Helena said surprisingly softly as she looked at you.

"Not sure if this is a mineral water or paprika sort of place but I'll see what I can do."

"Just water will do nicely if they do not have mineral water."
Your sister said.

"Hi. We'll have the works with no anchovies, please. A large, size. If you have any crushed cayenne pepper or paprika, a it on the side would be great. A pepsi, diet pepsi and mineral water if you have it. Or bottled water. Thanks." He paid up cash, since it was a cash place,

"We have carbonated water Sir and we do have paprika I will get you some on the side, a pepsi and a diet pepsi...your food will be brought to your table, will there be anything else?"
The waiter asked politely.

then headed back to sit down with the others. "I got the one that has extra cheese, mushrooms, onions, peppers, garlic, sausage, and pepperoni. I hope that's alright, I know it's not bacon but they don't have that but it has everything else. You think that you're going to need a bit of rest? You took a redeye, right?"

"Sounds great."
Helena said and Stephen nodded.
"Yeah sounds good."
Your sister shook her head.
"Yeah our flight left at night but I at least got some rest on the plane and I am used to not sleeping allot. And besides sleeping now will turn the hours for me, it is better to wait until tonight."
She said and Stephen grinned.
"I am waaaay to exited to meet family to sleep Sir!"
He declared happily.

[Westchapel]

Colin nodded slowly, "If by some miracle of political horse-trading he's still, er, alive, I suppose I'll have to arrange for a surprise suntan for the kid."

"That is no less than he deserves if he have been harming kids, I would say strangle the bastards but if he is a vampire I doubt it would do much good."
Liam said sourly.

[Interrogation]

He nodded, "They are. Well, some of them are less dedicated to global nonexistence, preferring to settle for unmaking themselves. Either way, it's not good..."

"Nihilists with fireballs great, that is just what the world needs."
Fio grunted and he rolled his eyes.

He frowned, "Ah, those odd folks, now we're getting to the interesting bits. So, your Master is simply doing this as a mercenary arrangement, then - what can you tell me about his employers, then?"

"My Master is not working for anyone it is a partnership and I am not telling you anything else, go and how a porcupine up your ass!"
The ghoul declared since a hedgehog would not be insult enough.

(OOC: Well then folks we are at 25 000 posts, I got the 25 000 post exactly but Strife was next so two free exp to Adley and one free exp to everyone else. Very Happy )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:16 pm

[Westchapel]

Anja's Post:

'Let me put it this way, sir... could we make a serum which caused mods to fail then kill the victim? For if we can, sure as hell the Union could. Anyway, we still don't know the science behind these...' fingering one of the needles for a moment '-could by just normal tech. Might be deadly to anyone injected.'

Anja's Post:

'You got a way to send one to Dry Dock, sir? Would be quicker if I could send it from here than going back to Steelhaven to do it.'

Anja's Post:

'Was thinking more about "does someone want to reverse-engineer it" than "is it usable", me.'

Anja's Post:

'Shit... I hope this ain't got nothing to do with that hit on 'em about the scrapyard.' the large woman muttered to herself, giving a puzzled frown. 'Nah... can't be. MO doesn't add up.' ending with a shake of the head.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:43 pm

[Cafe]

Anja wrote:"I am afraid that the part of reality that the Traditions insist on calling Forces are not my forte and is not an area I have not studied to any degree where I am comfortable teaching."
Ange said.
"But I am sure I can find someone who are and expert to teach you."

"That's all right. You did teach me everything else that I know. It'll be nice to see something from a different person's perspective." Serge said with a smile.

Anja wrote:"Good but it still worry me allot Serge you mention this quite often, a desire to use magick to stop doing basic human things so the desire is clearly there. Remember our souls where born into a human experience for a reason, and to deny them that will not lead to your Avatar developing and besides there is pleasure to be found in just being human."
Your Mentor said and frowned.

"Don't frown Ange. I get what your saying." he insisted, feeling bad about displeasing his mentor in any way. "I just like thinking of new ways to use magick."

Anja wrote:"Then learn to explain it properly Serge, remember they do not see the world like you do."
Your Mentor said.

"That's like saying to get up Mt.Everest you just need to climb it properly." Serge said with a sigh. "Easy to say but harder to do. Plus if I say the wrong thing I'm worried I might wierd people out and they'll just end up ignoring me. But I'll try."

Anja wrote:"Coming right up kid."
Theresa said and she made a note of it and smiled.
"What sort of pie would you like?"

"Cherry. I've always wanted to try that." Serge replied with a smile.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:49 pm

[Westchapel]

'Let me put it this way, sir... could we make a serum which caused mods to fail then kill the victim? For if we can, sure as hell the Union could. Anyway, we still don't know the science behind these...' fingering one of the needles for a moment '-could by just normal tech. Might be deadly to anyone injected.'

"Yes I do have the equipment right here to make such a serum, it would be a pretty difficult job to make it only affect someone with implants but like you said it could be deadly to anyone, it do seam this substance shuts down cybernetics though, but that should not be to hard to duplicate...very well I will allow sharing one dose with the Union men at the Umbra Docks and let us hope that do not come back and bite us on the rear."
The older Technocrat said and frowned.

'You got a way to send one to Dry Dock, sir? Would be quicker if I could send it from here than going back to Steelhaven to do it.'

"I do, I have a matter transporter."
The Professor said and he gestured towards a device that looked a bit like a microwave with his cane.

'Was thinking more about "does someone want to reverse-engineer it" than "is it usable", me.'

"That should not be to hard, I can set my apprentice to extract the ingredients and I can do the rest."
Dr Hadermann said and nodded.

'Shit... I hope this ain't got nothing to do with that hit on 'em about the scrapyard.' the large woman muttered to herself, giving a puzzled frown. 'Nah... can't be. MO doesn't add up.' ending with a shake of the head.

"I doubt this is related, it would surprise me greatly but you never know I guess, still if anyone are stupid enough to have vampire contacts asking them to see what they can find out from their for once useful allies might be a good idea."
The old Etheite commented.

[Cafe]

"That's all right. You did teach me everything else that I know. It'll be nice to see something from a different person's perspective." Serge said with a smile.

"Well you have learned well from Master Sharaya I am most impressed considering his very...different Paradigm."
Your Mentor commented.
"But yes I have a few contacts I can ask to see if someone is willing to teach you."

"Don't frown Ange. I get what your saying." he insisted, feeling bad about displeasing his mentor in any way. "I just like thinking of new ways to use magick."

"Thinking of new ways to do magick is good kid, and if you really want to stop eating then learn to do so but be sure it is then something you want and not something fears and limitations want, remember enjoy life the way you want in every way you want as long as it harms no one, and that include yourself. I am just worried about you my son, I want you to be happy."
Ange said softly.

"That's like saying to get up Mt.Everest you just need to climb it properly." Serge said with a sigh. "Easy to say but harder to do. Plus if I say the wrong thing I'm worried I might wierd people out and they'll just end up ignoring me. But I'll try."

"Well then kid we will set up some sessions and w will roleplay this, you will pretend I am one of your Chantrymates and you try to explain to me, and we will work on it until you have the right tools to do so."
Your Mentor offered.

"Cherry. I've always wanted to try that." Serge replied with a smile.

"Cherry it is...and a double scoop of vanilla ice cream on the house, I do seam to remember you liking vanilla kid."
Theresa said with a warm smile.
"Anything else then?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:06 pm

[Westchapel]

Anja's Post:

'Well, now I think of it if we got into a situation where we were attacking each other's mods, wouldn't the Union get the worst end of it? After all, more of them have 'em than we do.' she replied thoughtfully.

Anja's Post:

'Thanks.'

Anja's Post:

Nicole nodded to this.

Anja's Post:

'Yeah... that's the worrying thing - the guy had a list of targets.' pulling the piece of paper out and showing the Professor. 'How did they know?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:32 pm

[Cafe]

Anja wrote:"Well you have learned well from Master Sharaya I am most impressed considering his very...different Paradigm."
Your Mentor commented.
"But yes I have a few contacts I can ask to see if someone is willing to teach you."

"It wasn't too bad. Master Sharaya has a neat paradigm but it wasn't too far from what I'm used too. Art mimics life and life mimics art right. Video games are a type of art. And there's plenty of stories out there about the 'virtual world' and what that'd be like. The world works the way you think it does. If I imagined things from that perspective it wasn't too hard." Serge said with a smile.

"Maybe I just have a flexible way of looking at things."

Anja wrote:"Thinking of new ways to do magick is good kid, and if you really want to stop eating then learn to do so but be sure it is then something you want and not something fears and limitations want, remember enjoy life the way you want in every way you want as long as it harms no one, and that include yourself. I am just worried about you my son, I want you to be happy."
Ange said softly.

"I am happy. I'm sorry for making you worry." Serge said with soft smile.

Anja wrote:"Well then kid we will set up some sessions and w will roleplay this, you will pretend I am one of your Chantrymates and you try to explain to me, and we will work on it until you have the right tools to do so."
Your Mentor offered.

"Sure thing. That'd be handy. And I love roleplay. Granted I'd be playing myself but that's still cool." Serge said with an approving nod. "When and where do you want to do the sessions?"

Anja wrote:"Cherry it is...and a double scoop of vanilla ice cream on the house, I do seam to remember you liking vanilla kid."
Theresa said with a warm smile.
"Anything else then?"

"Yes! Yes I do! It's the best flavor and no on can say otherwise." Serge said rather excitedly. "How about I draw you something nice? As thanks for being such
an awesome person."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:05 pm

[Westchapel]

'Well, now I think of it if we got into a situation where we were attacking each other's mods, wouldn't the Union get the worst end of it? After all, more of them have 'em than we do.' she replied thoughtfully.

"Perhaps, but they might think the risk we retaliate is worth it in order to take out a number of our fellow Scientists, however like I said you have convinced me to allow this exchange, however I can not say to be easy about it."
The Professor said and frowned.

'Thanks.'

"It is no problem at all."
He said and nodded.

'Yeah... that's the worrying thing - the guy had a list of targets.' pulling the piece of paper out and showing the Professor. 'How did they know?'

"Yes that is most worrisome indeed, I think we are going to have to start by examining this link to vampires, see if we can find out what the cryptids know and then also work off of what we can get out of our prisoner."
Dr Hadermann said.
"At least until any better leads show up."

[Cafe]

"It wasn't too bad. Master Sharaya has a neat paradigm but it wasn't too far from what I'm used too. Art mimics life and life mimics art right. Video games are a type of art. And there's plenty of stories out there about the 'virtual world' and what that'd be like. The world works the way you think it does. If I imagined things from that perspective it wasn't too hard." Serge said with a smile.

"Maybe I just have a flexible way of looking at things."

"I think perhaps a bit of both."
Ange said.
"You managed to make sense of the Master's Paradigm since you play computer games and enjoy their stories while at the same time your Paradigm can be rather flexible."
She added and smiled.
"Which can be a very good thing."

"I am happy. I'm sorry for making you worry." Serge said with soft smile.

"I am glad to hear it kid."
Ange said but you could see from the look in her eyes that she was still worrying.

"Sure thing. That'd be handy. And I love roleplay. Granted I'd be playing myself but that's still cool." Serge said with an approving nod. "When and where do you want to do the sessions?"

"Let me see we do not know exactly when you will return from Horizon, what if you give me a call when you are back and we can set up appointments at my office, or anywhere else whee you will be comfortable."
Your Mentor suggested.

"Yes! Yes I do! It's the best flavor and no on can say otherwise." Serge said rather excitedly. "How about I draw you something nice? As thanks for being such
an awesome person."

"Aww you are a sweetie, thank you kid I would like that very much kid, I could hang the drawing up to decorate the cafe if you don't mind."
Theresa said then she added with a wink.
"And I like vanilla to."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:20 pm

[Colin's Apartment]

"I feel at times that I am weak brother, little but a burden, and especially now when there is important things to do."
Beatrice said regretfully.

"I know how you feel, when I was injured for a while. But you're not a burden, you're healing."

[Airport Parking Lot]

"Yeah I guess there are those who would rather not speak, I don't really get that though, then again my Mentor says I speak to much."
Stephen said and Helena gave you a look that said yes he do.

"They have their reasons." He changed topic suddenly. "So, my group has expanded somewhat since you last were here. We have two more members...no names here but I think that your apprentice will enjoy the company of one of them."

"I guess I was trying to impress our pater, after our sister was killed in battle I felt I had to live up to everything she was and she was fierce. I was to caught up in my own things, I am sorry, I should have paid ore attention to you brother." Your sister said with a regretful sigh.

"There is nothing to apologize for, really. You were there when I asked for assistance and I wanted to do things on my own when I could. You know how much I hated asking for help. At any rate, there is time ahead of us, isn't there?"

"Well standing up for yourself is always better however know that I got your back Adley, if you need me I will always come and help you, and if someone say something remember this, it is they that are idiots, there is nothing wrong with you, love is love."

"Well, thanks. I appreciate that." He smiled. "What about you, anything new in your social life to share?"

"Just water will do nicely if they do not have mineral water."
Your sister said.

He nodded.

"We have carbonated water Sir and we do have paprika I will get you some on the side, a pepsi and a diet pepsi...your food will be brought to your table, will there be anything else?"
The waiter asked politely.

"Thank you, that's all."

"Sounds great."
Helena said and Stephen nodded.
"Yeah sounds good."
Your sister shook her head.
"Yeah our flight left at night but I at least got some rest on the plane and I am used to not sleeping allot. And besides sleeping now will turn the hours for me, it is better to wait until tonight."
She said and Stephen grinned.
"I am waaaay to exited to meet family to sleep Sir!"
He declared happily.

"Well, alright, then. We'll see what's going on when we get in." He checked his phone to see if anyone had dropped him a message while driving.

// 25 000 posts, whoo~!

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:36 pm

[Cafe]

Anja wrote:"I think perhaps a bit of both."
Ange said.
"You managed to make sense of the Master's Paradigm since you play computer games and enjoy their stories while at the same time your Paradigm can be rather flexible."
She added and smiled.
"Which can be a very good thing."

"Its nice. I always understand everyone's magick and point of view, at least at the super basic level." Serge said with a smile.

Anja wrote:"Let me see we do not know exactly when you will return from Horizon, what if you give me a call when you are back and we can set up appointments at my office, or anywhere else whee you will be comfortable."
Your Mentor suggested.

"Sure thing. I'll be looking forward to it. Make sure to create a backstory for your character." Serge said with a smile.

Anja wrote:"Aww you are a sweetie, thank you kid I would like that very much kid, I could hang the drawing up to decorate the cafe if you don't mind."
Theresa said then she added with a wink.
"And I like vanilla to."

"Sure thing! I done mind. It'll be something nice for the customers to look at while their eating." he said with a smile, turning to a new page in his sketchbook and beginning to sketch away.

When the waitress left the duo to get their food, Serge continued his talk with Ange, although his eyes were focused on his sketchbook as he continued to draw. "What were we talking about again...oh right. Ways I can help the chantry. I keep trying to think of ways but I always end up drawing a blank."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 30 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 30  Next