Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blood Money, Sick Cyborgs and Hidden Plans IC Thread 33

5 posters

Page 23 of 30 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 26 ... 30  Next

Go down

Blood Money, Sick Cyborgs and Hidden Plans IC Thread 33 - Page 23 Empty Re: Blood Money, Sick Cyborgs and Hidden Plans IC Thread 33

Post by Warpmind Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:41 pm

[Colin's Apartment]
Anja wrote:"Yes you do have a point there, we are still protected by the Protocols though."
Beatrice said with a slightly wry smile.
Colin sighed softly, "Alas, words on paper offer poor protection against an 'oops' followed by a fireball... Our enemies are not above underhanded tricks and catspaws, after all."

Jeremy wrote:"Doubt many people know who I'm related too. I mean, I don't really look like royalty." Serge said glancing down at his wrinkled clothing. "But if people wanna throw money at me for getting something drawn by a descendant of Lady Marianna then I'm not complaining. Hell I'd do it for free if they called me something cool like, 'Prince Sergius of Balador' or something like that."
Anja wrote:"I am afraid we do not use royal titles, only the honorific Lord and Lady are at times used to signify a mage of note...you are more than royalty child, you are no mere accident of birth you are a Mage, an Awakened person, Magus is a better title for our kind than any title of royalty."
The Primus lectured proudly.
He nodded, "That, and a fair number of Mages are quite enthusiastic about lineages, whether magical or vulgar, as they call them."

S7trif3 wrote:"At least it seems we'll eat well enough."
He grinned, "Well, someone needs to make sure the kids are well fed. I think a certain few someones have some catching up to do."

S7trif3 wrote:"It definitely would not be good for him. Good luck then, amicus. I hope you figure this out."
Anja wrote:"Not if it is done well, they will not just blot it out like an ink blot in a book that is obvious for all to see young man, they can be fools off course but I would not bet on your chances of spotting the disturbance, these are powerful magi who know there are those on our side able to see changes in time, they will not be careless. It might be possible to triangulate something...might...but it will not be a easy task."
George cautioned.
He nodded, "True, true - but the funny thing is, I have a few ideas about getting around that problem, from my military service, in fact... Stealth aircraft are essentially impossible to target, but they can be detected. One of the things a skilled radar operator can look for is an absence - or in this case, a point where the timeline looks just a little too smooth and uninterrupted. I'm not going to pretend that I am skilled enough to spot that, but there certainly ought to be someone that skilled..." He smiled thinly, "And I think I'm looking at one such person right now."

S7trif3 wrote:He showed the exchange to Colin.
Anja wrote:"No he was found alive, just...lacking...the twins tried to keep him alive, cared for him for a year with him slowly deteriorating until he would not even eat or move without being prodded to it, and then he just stopped living, if what he had been doing for that year could be called that...it was...tragic."
The old mage said in a soft, sad voice.
"It never should have happened."
S7trif3 wrote:"Asking about the timelines might be something to ask your new friend," he suggested. "Perhaps I am wrong. We shall see but there is definitely something and with all this timeline stuff; who is to say that someone else didn't think it should happen?" he said with a frown. Then he gave Beatrice a concerned look as she left and winced. "Pardon," he said to both of them.
He frowned and shook his head, "No, it shouldn't have... If it hadn't, perhaps our enemies would have been less... antagonistic."

S7trif3 wrote:"I think just the act of the magick is the most important, he was practical in many ways. Though overlooking an ocean is nice."
He nodded, "An ocean view it is, then... Perhaps if the weather is good on New Year's Eve, we can pick a good spot along the coast?"

[Westchapel]
Anja wrote:"I have no idea what a Kiasyd is but I am sue whatever he or she is they will love it."
The Hermetic said and shrugged.
"Hum...let me talk with Isabel's Mentor about that, she says she is peculiar about blades used for blood magick as opposed to other ritual work, that the blades must be easy to keep clean and have a razor sharp edge to minimize pain, especially for young blood witches, you do not want them to have a bad experience and then not want to draw their own blood again."
He said.
"But it do sound like a possible gift idea."
He glanced around and lowered his voice, "A Kiasyd is a fae-blooded vampire... Rare beings, dependent on an ironless dagger to feed, owing to a lack of fangs. I've spoken with one; he taught me a few things about the Fair Folk."
He raised his voice back to normal again, "Quite understandable, any Mentor would want to make sure their Apprentice's equipment was as good as could be."

Anja wrote:"No we do not need that, what we do need though is more information on this faction."
Liam said.
"Where did you hear about them?"
He frowned, "I have... sources, of a sort. It's complicated, but suffice to say I trust the source would not feed me false information out of the blue."

Nicole wrote:On seeing Colin, Nicole gave him a nod and began to wander along the corridor; clearly not wanting to talk within earshot of the prisoner. Once far away enough, she'll lean up against the wall and fish out a packet of cigarettes. 'I was his next target. Was waiting for me at work; normally I'd be there, but wasn't 'cos took the day off to prepare.' lighting a smoke and sending a cloud across the corridor. 'Boss called it in 'cos he was asking for me personally and only ones who have done that so far are a couple of them radical fem types who get off from never getting a guy to do anything for 'em.' giving a little derisive sniff.

'Yeah, I've got the poison. Planning to hand it over to Hadermann and co so they can start pulling it apart. Also the antidote kit, 'cos it's always nice to see what Science the Mirrorshades have come up with.'
He nodded, "Clever fellow, but not clever enough... Do you have enough of the stuff to split it into two portions? One for the good doctor at the port, and one for Mr. Hadermann here? It would behoove us to hold up our deal with the Union in this matter - if nothing else to cement in a few Technocrats' minds that we really do hold up our end of a bargain..."

Nicole wrote:'This wasn't my call - it was the Chief who said you were to do the interrogation. Before you bitch at me over the no notice. Anything else...? Oh, yeah. When I say "mafia" and "necromancy" - what result do you get?'
He nodded, "I've no reason to protest being called in on such short notice, the trouble at home is resolved for now - I even made a new friend, of sorts."
He frowned, brow furrowing for a few moments, "Hum, the closest thing that springs to mind is the courtroom scene in Ghostbusters 2... I'm fairly certain any such organized activity would be very good at staying below the radar."

Anja wrote:The man looked at you with terrified eyes and gave you his full attention.
"Shit a Necromancer can do that."
He muttered.
"So you are going to kill me then...well I guess that would be expected. Listen man...sorry I called you ugly ehm I...can not really tell you my full name, my first name is Fio...I don't know what is in the shots, I was just told to go and jab as many as I could from the list, do it as stealthy as possible so they would not notice, we even got those tiny, coated needles they use for diabetic kids so it will not hurt, I was just told what to do not what is in it,that is over my pay grade."
He said hurriedly.
"I really can't tell you any more."
He shrugged, "I don't think the decision to kill you has come down yet. For now, there's no practical reason to kill you, at least not here and now. We're not a lynch mob, after all - we have a proper court system; you'll see a fair trial, I'm sure."
He smiled thinly again, "As for being called ugly, I can hardly claim libel or slander; it's true, I've earned my scars."
He frowned, thinking for a moment, "So, Fio... you work off a list. Who gave you that list? What is your group called? Are you a member of such a group, or just a freelancer? There is still a lot you can tell me that may help us, and by extension, help yourself."

((OOC: Good question, Adley - did the happy couple accept the offer for the discount in exchange for two invitations? Smile ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Blood Money, Sick Cyborgs and Hidden Plans IC Thread 33 - Page 23 Empty Re: Blood Money, Sick Cyborgs and Hidden Plans IC Thread 33

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:24 pm

[Westchapel]

Anja's Post:

'Do it now.' she said, halting. 'Anyway, the fucker was out for the count and I was pretty much watching him as we came here. So not much lost there.'

Colin's Post:

'Dunno... but it'll have to be three, not two - one has to go to Detroit. Owe them that much, I do; if they'd not warned me earlier, I'd have not had time to put the vest on before the Libyans turned up in the van. Or worse, somewhere else I go often, such as the Centre. That reminds me... find out how the fuck they worked out their targets. The fact they knew... is worrying...' ending with a frown.

'But anyways... if it comes to between stiffing my own and the Mirrorshades, don't have to ask which one I will do. But fucker might have more needles of the stuff or something.'

Colin's Post:

'Hey, just boilerplate CYA. And don't think Ghostbusters is... relevant in this case. Just got intel that fucker worked for a obvious Mafia front and necromancers were involved...' ending by staring at the end of her cigarette for a moment.

'Is there anything else? Only I've gotta get this shit upstairs.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:04 pm

[Colin's apartment]

Colin sighed softly, "Alas, words on paper offer poor protection against an 'oops' followed by a fireball... Our enemies are not above underhanded tricks and catspaws, after all."

"This is true Colin but by that logic we should not set foot outside in case our enemies just happen to be waiting in the bushes and I refuse to hide in terror that there might be someone out there who wish me harm."
Beatrice said and she shook her head.

He nodded, "That, and a fair number of Mages are quite enthusiastic about lineages, whether magical or vulgar, as they call them."

"That we are indeed."
George agreed.

He grinned, "Well, someone needs to make sure the kids are well fed. I think a certain few someones have some catching up to do."

"I am sure we will be able to arrange for that."
Bee said and smiled.
"Keeping them well fed I mean."

He nodded, "True, true - but the funny thing is, I have a few ideas about getting around that problem, from my military service, in fact... Stealth aircraft are essentially impossible to target, but they can be detected. One of the things a skilled radar operator can look for is an absence - or in this case, a point where the timeline looks just a little too smooth and uninterrupted. I'm not going to pretend that I am skilled enough to spot that, but there certainly ought to be someone that skilled..." He smiled thinly, "And I think I'm looking at one such person right now."

"The thing is you can not really compare the timeline to radar, it do not work quite like that. There might be ways to discover tampering but then it is all about your skill to discover such versus their skill, so it will not be an easy task."
The Primus said and shook his head.
"Nothing will look to smooth, unless you can find the traces of the tampering somehow likely you will see nothing unusual at all."

He frowned and shook his head, "No, it shouldn't have... If it hadn't, perhaps our enemies would have been less... antagonistic."

"Yes I do believe seeing their Mentor like that broke the twins, they would have lived different lives if such misfortune had not befallen him."
The old magus said and frowned.

"At least it seems we'll eat well enough."

"Oh you can be quite sure of that."
Beatrice said with determination in her voice.

"Asking about the timelines might be something to ask your new friend," he suggested. "Perhaps I am wrong. We shall see but there is definitely something and with all this timeline stuff; who is to say that someone else didn't think it should happen?" he said with a frown. Then he gave Beatrice a concerned look as she left and winced. "Pardon," he said to both of them.

"The problem Sodalis is that when we look at the endless possibilities that comes with different timelines all we can do is speculate for now and I am skeptical about entertaining such theories about a man who..."
George frowned and lowered his voice so Bee would not hear him.
"About a good man, who gave his Avatar to resist the Nephandi, if any evidence can be found that he is somehow involved then off course go with that but until there is anything but speculation this is quite unfair to a man who bravely accepted that fate over Falling and paid the price."
The old Hermetic said sternly.

"I'm the older brother I'm supposed to say that," he teased. Then added, "But you awakened first," he conceded.

"I guess we are going to both have to protect one another then."
Beatrice said with a smile.
"From whatever danger may face us."

[Airport Parking Lot]

"He is, but as always there's a ton of stuff going on, and more with this trip of course. Yes, he has, and yes, he is, and you both will meet him. Since you're here, you know that things are a little...well, complicated and I'm sure you have some questions about that. But it might be best to talk about them when we're at home."

"What our Pater choose to share with me is up to him, but yes discussing serious topics should probably wait until we get home."
Helena said.
"Though I do have to admit to being curious about our new brother as well."

He pulled away and headed for the exit to the highway. "I would like to visit sometime, once things settle down again."

"You are most welcome, I am sure the Deacon Council would not mind, and it is a nice Chantry, and besides I would love to show you around San Francisco brother."
Helena said with a rare smile.

"Our pater did say somewhere nice. Santarpio's has good pizza, not very fancy but good. And there's Kelley Square, they have pizza and other stuff too."

"Hum...Santarpio sounds nice."
Your sister said and her apprentice nodded.
"Well I know nothing about either restaurant so that works for me Mr Roth Hicks."

[Westchapel]

He glanced around and lowered his voice, "A Kiasyd is a fae-blooded vampire... Rare beings, dependent on an ironless dagger to feed, owing to a lack of fangs. I've spoken with one; he taught me a few things about the Fair Folk."

"Most interesting."
The Hermetic said not really having much to add.
"You have unusual friends Colin."

He raised his voice back to normal again, "Quite understandable, any Mentor would want to make sure their Apprentice's equipment was as good as could be."

"Yes off course, that is a wise thing to make sure of."
Liam agreed and nodded.

He frowned, "I have... sources, of a sort. It's complicated, but suffice to say I trust the source would not feed me false information out of the blue."

"I see, more interesting friends then? Well do you know anything else about this faction?"
The Heretic wanted to know.

He shrugged, "I don't think the decision to kill you has come down yet. For now, there's no practical reason to kill you, at least not here and now. We're not a lynch mob, after all - we have a proper court system; you'll see a fair trial, I'm sure."

"Well no he won't actually, he is not a sleeper what I can see so he is not protected by the Protocols but he is not a mage and not a Traditionalist so he is not entitled to any kind of trial, but off course if he cooperate the higher ups might decide to show mercy."
Ty said and shrugged.

He smiled thinly again, "As for being called ugly, I can hardly claim libel or slander; it's true, I've earned my scars."

"Ehm...yeah...ehm...that must have hurt."
Fio said and he gave you an uncertain look.

He frowned, thinking for a moment, "So, Fio... you work off a list. Who gave you that list? What is your group called? Are you a member of such a group, or just a freelancer? There is still a lot you can tell me that may help us, and by extension, help yourself."

"I will not betray my Master I have nothing to say about any of these things."
Fio said flatly.
"It do not matter what you do to me, my Master have my completely loyalty."

'Do it now.' she said, halting. 'Anyway, the fucker was out for the count and I was pretty much watching him as we came here. So not much lost there.'

"Yeah but should we search him while he is being interrogated?"
Ty protested.
"Won't that disturb things?"

(OOC: What marriage where we talking about again?)
(OOC2: I do not think we gave Stephen a last name let us say it is Whale."
(OOC 3: Hum well it depends Warp do you want the cook of to have happened or do you want it to be something we play through?)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:45 pm

[Colin's Apartment]

"The thing is you can not really compare the timeline to radar, it do not work quite like that. There might be ways to discover tampering but then it is all about your skill to discover such versus their skill, so it will not be an easy task."
"Nothing will look to smooth, unless you can find the traces of the tampering somehow likely you will see nothing unusual at all."

"I can study the weave of Prime but I have no skill in the temporal ars, amicus. It would be hard to notice a tampering that was already smoothed in, as it were..."

"The problem Sodalis is that when we look at the endless possibilities that comes with different timelines all we can do is speculate for now and I am skeptical about entertaining such theories about a man who..."
"About a good man, who gave his Avatar to resist the Nephandi, if any evidence can be found that he is somehow involved then off course go with that but until there is anything but speculation this is quite unfair to a man who bravely accepted that fate over Falling and paid the price."

"I'm not trying to be unfair, sir or to denigrate someone's legacy. Someone is playing unfairly though, and they're playing with timelines. I could well be on the wrong track, certainly you and Colin would know better than I do, but it does appear to be the case that there's tampering going on of some sort. I guess we'll see what shakes out, we don't have time for red herrings."

He nodded, "An ocean view it is, then... Perhaps if the weather is good on New Year's Eve, we can pick a good spot along the coast?"

He nodded.

[Airport Parking Lot]

"What our Pater choose to share with me is up to him, but yes discussing serious topics should probably wait until we get home." Helena said. "Though I do have to admit to being curious about our new brother as well."

"Of course. I'm not sure what you were told or not. I'm glad you're here though."

"You are most welcome, I am sure the Deacon Council would not mind, and it is a nice Chantry, and besides I would love to show you around San Francisco brother."
Helena said with a rare smile.

He smiled back. "I'd like that, if you don't mind me playing tourist tag along. Mmm, I'm not sure if it's possible, but do you think I could bring a...friend?" he asked, looking in his rear view mirror a moment and then merging.

"Hum...Santarpio sounds nice."
Your sister said and her apprentice nodded.
"Well I know nothing about either restaurant so that works for me Mr Roth Hicks."

"Sounds good. Cross your fingers we get some parking closer than the airport," he joked and redirected the car to head for the restaurant, which was not too far form the airport by car.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:09 am

[Colin's Apartment]

Anja wrote:"I am afraid we do not use royal titles, only the honorific Lord and Lady are at times used to signify a mage of note...you are more than royalty child, you are no mere accident of birth you are a Mage, an Awakened person, Magus is a better title for our kind than any title of royalty."
The Primus lectured proudly.
Colin wrote:He nodded, "That, and a fair number of Mages are quite enthusiastic about lineages, whether magical or vulgar, as they call them."

"I see....Lord Magus Sergius, High Wizard of Balador. That has a nice ring to it as well." Serge said with a smile.

[Westchapel]

Anja wrote:"Well babies need to scream, and cry and gurgle and we need to comfort them, it is how they get strong lungs and we get to show them we love them."
The Hermetic said.
"I just hope my son will Awaken, my little girl did but there is no guarantee my son will become a mage as he grows up."

"He'll be surrounded by a bunch of mages. His chances will be higher than most."

Anja wrote:"I hope you are right Serge and yes she will, she is such a smart little girl."
Liam said proudly.

"That she is. But don't forget her amazing parents as well." Serge said with a smile.

[Cafe]

Anja wrote:"Eager to see the wonders of Horizon eh? Just remember to also be careful Serge, it is a wonderful place but that realm is also full of cut troat politics and magick you want no part of."
Your Mentor warned.
"Oh all is well, I started going to the office again today, it is good to be back at work."
She said and smiled.

"Gah, Politics ruin everything. How can something so complicated be so dull." Serge grumbled before smiling, "But that still won't stop me from enjoying the trip. How often do you get to go to a place like that. Have you been to Horizon before Ange?"

Anja wrote:"Well it is nice to be back at my office and seeing my patients, I have been working with Awakened patients from my sick bed at the Chantry but non mage patients have had to wait, but now I am well enough to start working half days, I should be back to full work load in a month or so."
She said and smiled, speaking in a hushed tone of voice so nearby sleepers would not overhear.

"That's good to hear." Serge said, smiling upon hearing his mentor's rapid recovery. "Try not to take too much work too quickly though. You don't wanna take too much all at once and then injure yourself again."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:38 am

[Colin's Apartment]

"I see....Lord Magus Sergius, High Wizard of Balador. That has a nice ring to it as well." Serge said with a smile.

"Well you are a Magus child, the rest you will have to earn."
George said sounding amused.

"I can study the weave of Prime but I have no skill in the temporal ars, amicus. It would be hard to notice a tampering that was already smoothed in, as it were..."

"Very true, if you can find the spell you can analyze it, the problem is finding the actual spell used."
The Primus said and nodded.

"I'm not trying to be unfair, sir or to denigrate someone's legacy. Someone is playing unfairly though, and they're playing with timelines. I could well be on the wrong track, certainly you and Colin would know better than I do, but it does appear to be the case that there's tampering going on of some sort. I guess we'll see what shakes out, we don't have time for red herrings."

"I know Sodalis and perhaps I am biased here since I knew this man, he was a good friend, it is possible that in another timeline, he may have been another man and as such he gave another reply when the Nephandus who had captured him gave him..."
He stopped talking for a moment and looked at Beatrice who where spending all her attention on filling a glass of water and lowered his voice.
"That choice...this is possible, I do not find it likely but yes Sodalis it is likely."

[Airport Parking Lot]

"Of course. I'm not sure what you were told or not. I'm glad you're here though."

"I was told enough to be concerned about letting my own student making friends with our new brother but...he have been so exited about a relative his own age that how can I deny him."
Your Sister said and sigh.
"Seriously I am getting far to soft."
She said and her student gave a bit of a grin.

He smiled back. "I'd like that, if you don't mind me playing tourist tag along. Mmm, I'm not sure if it's possible, but do you think I could bring a...friend?" he asked, looking in his rear view mirror a moment and then merging.

"I would not mind at all brother. I would have to ask the Deacon Council but I am sure they would not mind you bringing a friend, we have the room and another Traditionalist visiting, I can not imagine someone would have a problem with that."
Helena said and she nodded.
"It would be great if you came visiting Mr Roth Hicks."
Stephen chimed in from the back seat.

"Sounds good. Cross your fingers we get some parking closer than the airport," he joked and redirected the car to head for the restaurant, which was not too far form the airport by car.

"I do not mind walking a bit."
Helena said. You drove towards the restaurant and found a parking space not to far from it, there was not allot a traffic today so you and your visiting family would not have to walk to far.

[Westchapel]

"He'll be surrounded by a bunch of mages. His chances will be higher than most."

"That is true. Well the most important thing is that he is healthy and grows up healthy but I sure would like to share magick to him."
The young Hermetic said and smiled.

"That she is. But don't forget her amazing parents as well." Serge said with a smile.

"You are to kind, well his mother is awesome at least a Umbral fighter pilot, she is bad ass."
Liam said lovingly, he clearly loved his wife very much.

[Cafe]

"Gah, Politics ruin everything. How can something so complicated be so dull." Serge grumbled before smiling, "But that still won't stop me from enjoying the trip. How often do you get to go to a place like that. Have you been to Horizon before Ange?"

"Now is not that the truth, they are unavoidable though I fear, as for Horizon yes I have been there many times."
Your Mentor said and smiled.
"Remember my teacher where the Student of a Prima, Horizon and Balador where second homes when I was a student."

"That's good to hear." Serge said, smiling upon hearing his mentor's rapid recovery. "Try not to take too much work too quickly though. You don't wanna take too much all at once and then injure yourself again."

Ange smiled and she reached across the table and fondly put her hand on your cheek.
"So now you are the one worrying about me, is not that my job about you my son?"
She asked and then she smiled as Theresa came over with what you had ordered and she put te treats in front o you and Ange.
"Thanks."
Your Mentor said and Theresa smiled.
"Please enjoy."
She said before she headed over to other customers that needed her help.
"Ah yes before we eat I picked up something for you in the hospital gift shop."
Your Mentor said and she picked a small, package in red wrapping paper from her purse and handed you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:21 am

[Westchapel #1]

Anja's Post:

'Hasn't started yet.' Nicole replied. 'And anyway, might produce shit I can work on while you lot do the waterboarding.'

[Yay... snarl unsnarled!]

[Pity nobody laughed at Nicole's sex joke, though... *sad*]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:59 am

[Westchapel Messing With Prisoner Pace 1]

"Ok then we should just get to searching him now then."
Ty said and he went about looking through the prisoner's pockets, he found a phone, a wallet, a folded pice of paper with a list of name where your name was on it, a set of car and apartment keys, a pack of cigarettes, several syringes, and a bottle of some unmarked drugs, a hidden knife and an extra clip for a gun not found on him. Ty carefully put the items on the bed.
"If we are going to search him any better than that we are going to have to strip him."
The Akashic commented and frowned.

(OOC: jay untanteled.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:00 pm

[Westchapel #1]

Anja's Post:

'Hmm...' Nicole muttered, looking at the list. Then she gathered all the items up. 'Okay, I'll share out the gifts with those who can do stuff to stuff.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:40 pm

[Colin's Apartment]
Anja wrote:"This is true Colin but by that logic we should not set foot outside in case our enemies just happen to be waiting in the bushes and I refuse to hide in terror that there might be someone out there who wish me harm."
Beatrice said and she shook her head.
Colin smiled thinly, "True - but there's a difference between going out into a crowd, and placing yourself in a spot where you present an unobstructed target."

Jeremy wrote:"I see....Lord Magus Sergius, High Wizard of Balador. That has a nice ring to it as well." Serge said with a smile.
Anja wrote:"Well you are a Magus child, the rest you will have to earn."
George said sounding amused.
He grinned, "Ah, ambition can be a wonderful thing... Just make sure you don't try to claim those titles prematurely."

Anja wrote:"I am sure we will be able to arrange for that."
Bee said and smiled.
"Keeping them well fed I mean."
He grinned, "Well, you're in better shape than you were the other time around, when I had to give you a piggyback ride through Concordia, but you are hardly off the hook yourself, young lady."

Anja wrote:"The thing is you can not really compare the timeline to radar, it do not work quite like that. There might be ways to discover tampering but then it is all about your skill to discover such versus their skill, so it will not be an easy task."
S7trif3 wrote:"I can study the weave of Prime but I have no skill in the temporal ars, amicus. It would be hard to notice a tampering that was already smoothed in, as it were..."
Anja wrote:"Very true, if you can find the spell you can analyze it, the problem is finding the actual spell used."
He nodded, "Spotting the deviations, whether on the spot, or the trails between the moments, is going to be difficult, true, and if you think you can't do it, Sir, I'm not going to protest that... I know I am not yet skilled enough."
He glanced sideways at Serge, "Then again, there might be a way... if a certain young artist were to join our minds for the search; your depth of experience, my knowledge of military methods, and both our understandings of patterns... it might be possible. A long shot, to be sure, but possible."

Anja wrote:"The problem Sodalis is that when we look at the endless possibilities that comes with different timelines all we can do is speculate for now and I am skeptical about entertaining such theories about a man who..."
S7trif3 wrote:"I'm not trying to be unfair, sir or to denigrate someone's legacy. Someone is playing unfairly though, and they're playing with timelines. I could well be on the wrong track, certainly you and Colin would know better than I do, but it does appear to be the case that there's tampering going on of some sort. I guess we'll see what shakes out, we don't have time for red herrings."
Anja wrote:"I know Sodalis and perhaps I am biased here since I knew this man, he was a good friend, it is possible that in another timeline, he may have been another man and as such he gave another reply when the Nephandus who had captured him gave him..."
He stopped talking for a moment and looked at Beatrice who where spending all her attention on filling a glass of water and lowered his voice.
"That choice...this is possible, I do not find it likely but yes Sodalis it is likely."
He nodded, then frowned, "There's another who may be a more likely candidate - Griga, the betrayed Gilledian of Boston. He was betrayed by Lisa Larson, and sold to the Twins - who kept him alive so he could send the orders Larson wanted, while she ruled in his stead. In fact... we assumed he had been... well... it's possible he was simply restrained in other ways, because he might be useful in possession of his magic in the long run..."

[Westchapel]
Anja wrote:"You are to kind, well his mother is awesome at least a Umbral fighter pilot, she is bad ass."
Liam said lovingly, he clearly loved his wife very much.
He nodded, "I can vouch for that - and she's an excellent instructor, too. I look forward to the day I can take her on in a dogfight practice session."

Anja wrote:"Most interesting."
The Hermetic said not really having much to add.
"You have unusual friends Colin."
He nodded, "Well, friends... acquaintances and connections, more like. I find it beneficial to cultivate relationships with people who do not try to kill me, and sometimes, this leads to some very unusual associations."

Anja wrote:"I see, more interesting friends then? Well do you know anything else about this faction?"
The Heretic wanted to know.
He frowned, "No, only that they are a new player blossoming under our noses... and that they already have people who have fled them and who have sought out sanctuary in a new, neutral sanctuary which allows in escapees from all factions, Fallen, Union, Traditions... and the newcomer."

Nicole wrote:'Dunno... but it'll have to be three, not two - one has to go to Detroit. Owe them that much, I do; if they'd not warned me earlier, I'd have not had time to put the vest on before the Libyans turned up in the van. Or worse, somewhere else I go often, such as the Centre. That reminds me... find out how the fuck they worked out their targets. The fact they knew... is worrying...' ending with a frown.

'But anyways... if it comes to between stiffing my own and the Mirrorshades, don't have to ask which one I will do. But fucker might have more needles of the stuff or something.'
He nodded, "Understandable. If a share of the substance is not viable, we'll at least share any test results. Composition, that sort of thing."

Nicole wrote:'Hey, just boilerplate CYA. And don't think Ghostbusters is... relevant in this case. Just got intel that fucker worked for a obvious Mafia front and necromancers were involved...' ending by staring at the end of her cigarette for a moment.

'Is there anything else? Only I've gotta get this shit upstairs.'
He nodded, "I'll bear it in mind. Now get going, time's at a premium, there are people to rescue."

Anja wrote:"Well no he won't actually, he is not a sleeper what I can see so he is not protected by the Protocols but he is not a mage and not a Traditionalist so he is not entitled to any kind of trial, but off course if he cooperate the higher ups might decide to show mercy."
Ty said and shrugged.
He frowned, "Not a sleeper? That changes things a bit, yes... Still, there's enough of a chance he'll be properly tried, at least - the proof of his wrongdoings are legion, after all, and we'll want to show that our hands are clean."

Anja wrote:"Ehm...yeah...ehm...that must have hurt."
Fio said and he gave you an uncertain look.
He shrugged, "Missile to the face; army doctor stitched me back together after. I've had worse."

Anja wrote:"I will not betray my Master I have nothing to say about any of these things."
Fio said flatly.
"It do not matter what you do to me, my Master have my completely loyalty."
He frowned, "You use the word 'Master'... Let me have a look at you..."
He put on his glasses and muttered a quick incantation in Latin, examining Fio's aura.

((OOC: Prime/Correspondence/Spirit 1 scan, to see if he's got any suspicious ties to his "Master", or any other peculiarities we should know about: Arete roll: 7,8,0... Whatever he's got going on, Colin sees it, alright. Razz ))

((OOC: As for the wedding, it's John and Barry's wedding, on October 14th. They ordered their wedding bands all the way back in thread 2, page 24. Razz Colin offered them a further discount on the rings in exchange for a pair of wedding invitations for Adley and Narim, remember? I never got word back whether they accepted the offer or not...))

Last edited by Warpmind on Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:21 pm

[Colin's Apartment]

Anja wrote:He nodded, "Spotting the deviations, whether on the spot, or the trails between the moments, is going to be difficult, true, and if you think you can't do it, Sir, I'm not going to protest that... I know I am not yet skilled enough."
He glanced sideways at Serge, "Then again, there might be a way... if a certain young artist were to join our minds for the search; your depth of experience, my knowledge of military methods, and both our understandings of patterns... it might be possible. A long shot, to be sure, but possible."

"I have literally drawn that picture! Of all of us mind-linking with me as a sort of router." Serge said with a smile. "I'd be down for it if you guys think it's possible. You never know unless you try. Enhance both of your cognitive abilities so you can both process information faster and share information with each other."

[Cafe]

Anja wrote:"Now is not that the truth, they are unavoidable though I fear, as for Horizon yes I have been there many times."
"Remember my teacher where the Student of a Prima, Horizon and Balador where second homes when I was a student."

"Got any recommendations for places I should visit?" Serge asked curiously.

Anja wrote:Ange smiled and she reached across the table and fondly put her hand on your cheek.
"So now you are the one worrying about me, is not that my job about you my son?"
She asked and then she smiled as Theresa came over with what you had ordered and she put te treats in front o you and Ange.
"Thanks."
Your Mentor said and Theresa smiled.
"Please enjoy."
She said before she headed over to other customers that needed her help.
"Ah yes before we eat I picked up something for you in the hospital gift shop."
Your Mentor said and she picked a small, package in red wrapping paper from her purse and handed you.

"We all have to look out for each other. And you've protected me my whole life. I should do some protecting as well." Serge said with a smile before looking at the cheesecake placed in front of him, "Ooh food!"

He was about to dig in before his mentor mentioned a gift. "A gift. Thanks! Darn, I probably should've gotten you something as well." he said sheepishly, taking the gift and unwrapping it to see what his mentor had gotten him.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:26 pm

[Colin's Apartment]

Colin smiled thinly, "True - but there's a difference between going out into a crowd, and placing yourself in a spot where you present an unobstructed target."

"Even so shooting someone down in public is not something which can just be explained away, I doubt me flying would put me in much risk on Horizon it is not an uncommon occurrence, it is far easier to just stab someone in public and get away with it."
Beatrice protested.

He grinned, "Well, you're in better shape than you were the other time around, when I had to give you a piggyback ride through Concordia, but you are hardly off the hook yourself, young lady."

"Walking to far or getting to active still tire me out, I still need to sit down if I stand for a while but I am getting better and my Avatar don't hurt allot anymore it just ache now."
Beatrice said.
"But you can be in charge of the food if you want to."
She added with a bit of a smile.

He nodded, "Spotting the deviations, whether on the spot, or the trails between the moments, is going to be difficult, true, and if you think you can't do it, Sir, I'm not going to protest that... I know I am not yet skilled enough."

"I did not say that I said it would be difficult so I do not know if I can do it nor how long such an operation will take so you can not count on the answer before I have it ready."
The Primus said with a sigh.
"It all depends on how well hidden it is."

"Hum...that is not a bad idea."
George said and he fixed Serge with a look.
"Are you able to perform such a feat of magick young man?"

He nodded, then frowned, "There's another who may be a more likely candidate - Griga, the betrayed Gilledian of Boston. He was betrayed by Lisa Larson, and sold to the Twins - who kept him alive so he could send the orders Larson wanted, while she ruled in his stead. In fact... we assumed he had been... well... it's possible he was simply restrained in other ways, because he might be useful in possession of his magic in the long run..."

The Primus considered.
"Well The twins and Larson did need Griga alive and keeping someone who have been through...alive takes allot of tie and effort using something like the serum might have been easier. In addition he could have been so weak with Paradox sickness or Jhor that...ehm...that would kill him...so it is possible he is complete, the question is why he would serve the twins if this is the case?"
He said and frowned again.

"I have literally drawn that picture! Of all of us mind-linking with me as a sort of router." Serge said with a smile. "I'd be down for it if you guys think it's possible. You never know unless you try. Enhance both of your cognitive abilities so you can both process information faster and share information with each other."

"I am able to link two minds together in such a way Mr Yager but if I am going to be a part of the link it is better if a third party do the linking. I am willing to give it a try."
George said then he looked at Colin.
"What about you young man?"

[Westchapel]

He nodded, "I can vouch for that - and she's an excellent instructor, too. I look forward to the day I can take her on in a dogfight practice session."

"I am sure that would be a fun time and that she will kick your ass Colin, if you don't mind me saying so."
Liam said with a proud grin.

He nodded, "Well, friends... acquaintances and connections, more like. I find it beneficial to cultivate relationships with people who do not try to kill me, and sometimes, this leads to some very unusual associations."

"This is true, having contacts is always a good thing."
Liam agreed.
"But vampires...fay or otherwise are dangerous, be careful with this contact of yours Colin."

He frowned, "No, only that they are a new player blossoming under our noses... and that they already have people who have fled them and who have sought out sanctuary in a new, neutral sanctuary which allows in escapees from all factions, Fallen, Union, Traditions... and the newcomer."

"I see we need to find out more about this new faction then, as for this sanctuary accepting former members from all factions...those sound more dangerous than the new players if you ask me."
The Hermetic said sourly.

[Messing with the Prisoner pace 1]

'Hmm...' Nicole muttered, looking at the list. Then she gathered all the items up. 'Okay, I'll share out the gifts with those who can do stuff to stuff.'

The list had seven names crossed out with yours as number eight, and there where five more names on the list. Ty nodded.
"Well Mr Wainwright should soon be here to talk with our rude friend here."
He commented as the prisoner came with a new salvo of insults.

[Messing with the prisoner pace 3]

He frowned, "Not a sleeper? That changes things a bit, yes... Still, there's enough of a chance he'll be properly tried, at least - the proof of his wrongdoings are legion, after all, and we'll want to show that our hands are clean."

"We do not even put non Traditionalist mages on trial, so why should we this guy? The higher ups will decide what to do with him."
Ty said and frowned.

He shrugged, "Missile to the face; army doctor stitched me back together after. I've had worse."

"Ouch...ehm what is worse than a missile to the face?"
The prisoner asked a bit nervously.

He frowned, "You use the word 'Master'... Let me have a look at you..."
He put on his glasses and muttered a quick incantation in Latin, examining Fio's aura.

This man was strongly tied to another person, you could see lines go rom him to somewhere heavily warded.
"Hey what the fuck are you doing?"
Fio demanded.

[Cafe]

"Got any recommendations for places I should visit?" Serge asked curiously.

"Hum...well there is the Cult of Ecstasy pocket realm and our quarters on Horizon Chantry...the library is good to and the grand monuments that link Horizon to the massive Nodes that fuel it, and all the little shops in the market district, all of those are good."

"We all have to look out for each other. And you've protected me my whole life. I should do some protecting as well." Serge said with a smile before looking at the cheesecake placed in front of him, "Ooh food!"

"That is true, but you are my apprentice, my magickal son and it will always be my job to keep you safe."
Ange said then she shook her head and tapped at her plate containing some sort of omelet.
"No this is food, what you have is cake."
She said sounding amused.

He was about to dig in before his mentor mentioned a gift. "A gift. Thanks! Darn, I probably should've gotten you something as well." he said sheepishly, taking the gift and unwrapping it to see what his mentor had gotten him.

"It is just a little thing, I saw them in the hospital's gift shop and thought that you like that sort of thing."
Ange said and smiled. In the package was a box of 24 colorful permanent markers, in addition to the regular color though that had micro holo glitter meaning lines drawn with them would get really sparkly with a oil slick colored glitter effect in addition to the regular color.
"Do you like them?"
Ange asked.

(OOC: Ah yes I remember, yes an invitation to Adley and Narim was sent out the question is did they attend?)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:21 pm

[Colin's Apartment]

Anja wrote:"Hum...that is not a bad idea."
Anja wrote:"I am able to link two minds together in such a way Mr Yager but if I am going to be a part of the link it is better if a third party do the linking. I am willing to give it a try."

Serge nodded, "Yeah I can link minds. Did it a bunch with Ange when I first became a disciple. The particular version that you guys want might need a bit of creativity to pull off but I think I can do it."

[Cafe]

Anja wrote:"Hum...well there is the Cult of Ecstasy pocket realm and our quarters on Horizon Chantry...the library is good to and the grand monuments that link Horizon to the massive Nodes that fuel it, and all the little shops in the market district, all of those are good."

"I got an open invitation to the Cult of Ecstasy pocket realm. So that's a place I'll definitely be checking out." Serge said remembering the letter he had gotten a while back.

"Does Horizon have places where people...teach? Like spells and stuff. Seems like a place like that would have loads of those. Wouldn't mind seeing how the guys in Horizon do their tricks. A different perspective." Serge said speaking a little more quietly as he mentioned more mystical qualities of horizon.

Anja wrote:"That is true, but you are my apprentice, my magickal son and it will always be my job to keep you safe."
Ange said then she shook her head and tapped at her plate containing some sort of omelet.
"No this is food, what you have is cake."

"How dare you. Cake has every right to be a food. I'll have you know sugar is a vital nutrient for a growing body. Plus it's CHEESEcake. So we got dairy as well." Serge said with a grin as he dug into his cake.

Anja wrote:"It is just a little thing, I saw them in the hospital's gift shop and thought that you like that sort of thing."
Ange said and smiled. In the package was a box of 24 colorful permanent markers, in addition to the regular color though that had micro holo glitter meaning lines drawn with them would get really sparkly with a oil slick colored glitter effect in addition to the regular color.
"Do you like them?"
Ange asked.

"These are awesome! Thanks" Serge said with a large smile. Although his mentor could've given him anything and he'd still say it was the best gift ever.

He opened up his new gift and pulled out a red marker and began using it in his drawing. placing his sketchbook on the table so that Ange could see. These types of markers weren't meant for coloring things in, however Serge was content with simply outlining certain characters within his drawing, causing them to stand out amongst the drab black white cafe-goers present in the rest of the picture.

Ange would likely notice that the characters that Serge was outlining in marker...didn't exist. Or at least, he was only outlining characters that he had fabricated for his drawings, rather than the characters that had real-life counterparts present in the cafe.

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:26 pm

[Colin's Apartment]
Anja wrote:"Even so shooting someone down in public is not something which can just be explained away, I doubt me flying would put me in much risk on Horizon it is not an uncommon occurrence, it is far easier to just stab someone in public and get away with it."
Beatrice protested.
Colin nodded, "True - but an 'accidental' stray fireball from a long distance across clear skies is a lot easier to get away with than something more up close and personal... My point is, if you're going to take flight, bring a wingman. Heh, literally speaking."

Anja wrote:"Walking to far or getting to active still tire me out, I still need to sit down if I stand for a while but I am getting better and my Avatar don't hurt allot anymore it just ache now."
Beatrice said.
"But you can be in charge of the food if you want to."
She added with a bit of a smile.
He grinned, "Oh, I shall. And the piggyback ride is not, I suppose, out of the question, though you have shown far more appetite over the past two months than you had in that timeline."

Anja wrote:"I did not say that I said it would be difficult so I do not know if I can do it nor how long such an operation will take so you can not count on the answer before I have it ready."
The Primus said with a sigh.
"It all depends on how well hidden it is."
He nodded, "Of course."

Anja wrote:"Hum...that is not a bad idea."
Jeremy wrote:"I have literally drawn that picture! Of all of us mind-linking with me as a sort of router." Serge said with a smile. "I'd be down for it if you guys think it's possible. You never know unless you try. Enhance both of your cognitive abilities so you can both process information faster and share information with each other."
Anja wrote:"I am able to link two minds together in such a way Mr Yager but if I am going to be a part of the link it is better if a third party do the linking. I am willing to give it a try."
Jeremy wrote:Serge nodded, "Yeah I can link minds. Did it a bunch with Ange when I first became a disciple. The particular version that you guys want might need a bit of creativity to pull off but I think I can do it."
He grinned, "I would not have suggested it if I didn't feel I could meaningfully contribute to it. We might not succeed, but I prefer failure to not be for lack of trying."

Anja wrote:The Primus considered.
"Well The twins and Larson did need Griga alive and keeping someone who have been through...alive takes allot of tie and effort using something like the serum might have been easier. In addition he could have been so weak with Paradox sickness or Jhor that...ehm...that would kill him...so it is possible he is complete, the question is why he would serve the twins if this is the case?"
He said and frowned again.
He pondered, "Who says he is serving the twins, as such? The twins might think that is the case, while he is slowly working them over without their noticing. It would explain a lot about their associations with several Labyrinths, including the two we've brought to an end, and how they've managed to gain a foothold strong enough to eat their way through their ranks of widderslaintes..."

[Westchapel]
Anja wrote:"I am sure that would be a fun time and that she will kick your ass Colin, if you don't mind me saying so."
Liam said with a proud grin.
He grinned, "I'll give her five to six in odds, tops... Remember, I still have 25 years of mundane flight experience since I was first trained as a combat pilot - a lot of that translates very well to Umbral maneuvering. And she's an excellent teacher."

Anja wrote:"This is true, having contacts is always a good thing."
Liam agreed.
"But vampires...fay or otherwise are dangerous, be careful with this contact of yours Colin."
He nodded, "We don't keep much in contact; I did him a favour once, he repaid with a lesson on the Fair Folk, and then he left the city. I still know how to reach him, and he's a decent man, but he remains a dangerous predator, so any future communication will probably only be through the post or via telephone."

Anja wrote:"I see we need to find out more about this new faction then, as for this sanctuary accepting former members from all factions...those sound more dangerous than the new players if you ask me."
The Hermetic said sourly.
He frowned, "In time, perhaps the sanctuary will be a threat, but for now, no, I believe they'll gladly keep their heads down and simply try to survive. The new faction is likely a far greater threat at present, in large part because we did not know they even existed. A group of individuals joining together for safety in hiding, that's not dangerous, but a whole new faction building up in secret to be an active player? That's an outright threat."

[Interrogation]
Anja wrote:"We do not even put non Traditionalist mages on trial, so why should we this guy? The higher ups will decide what to do with him."
Ty said and frowned.
He frowned, "Because this man and his... group... has been targeting sleepers, Traditionalists and Technocrats indiscriminately. Our higher ups may want to consider the PR opportunity of this one, among other things... Everyone will want a piece of this chap."

Anja wrote:"Ouch...ehm what is worse than a missile to the face?"
The prisoner asked a bit nervously.
He smiled darkly, "Oh, having an angry woman try to rip out your soul and shred it. That hurt, even if she didn't manage to cause damage. Then there was the time I hopped into... well... you wouldn't even begin to understand that one, but suffice to say, there's a thing that tries to tear your soul apart and put it back together in the wrong way; I had to jump into one such thing and came out unscathed, tearing the thing apart from the inside. Simply put, I may be the singularly most indestructible person you'll ever meet..."

Anja wrote:This man was strongly tied to another person, you could see lines go rom him to somewhere heavily warded.
"Hey what the fuck are you doing?"
Fio demanded.
He looked at the ethereal strings, nodding thouhtfully, "Ah... I think I see... You are a Renfield... a ghoul, serving a vampire of some power, I think? He's got some magical protections, too, quite decent ones at that. Now, let me guess further - your Master is of Italian descent, or works very closely with such, and his 'family' practices various aspects of necromancy, which is why you were so surprised when I told you one thing a Necromancer could do, and you had no trouble accepting necromancy itself. Am I close?"
He peered over his glasses, "Now, don't worry, I am only looking... but I think we can sever your ties with your Master without too much trouble, and where would you be then?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:24 pm

[Colin's Apartment]

Colin nodded, "True - but an 'accidental' stray fireball from a long distance across clear skies is a lot easier to get away with than something more up close and personal... My point is, if you're going to take flight, bring a wingman. Heh, literally speaking."

"You are responsible for what your spells do, also accidentally so that would not get someone fo the hook, but yes I will bring a ehm...wing man as you say Colin."
Beatrice said and she smiled a little.

He grinned, "Oh, I shall. And the piggyback ride is not, I suppose, out of the question, though you have shown far more appetite over the past two months than you had in that timeline."

Beatrice nodded.
"I have tried to make sure I eat, even when it is not always easy, I have still lost some weight and Richard complain about vitamins, but yes I have tried an getting those shards back have made things allot easier, for the most part now I am just really tired all the time...due to the nightmares..."
She said and looked down.
"But I am healing."
She added with a weak smile.

He nodded, "Of course."

George nodded at that.

He grinned, "I would not have suggested it if I didn't feel I could meaningfully contribute to it. We might not succeed, but I prefer failure to not be for lack of trying."

"Agreed, when do you think we should do this gentlemen?"
The Primus asked and he glanced over at Colin and Serge.

He pondered, "Who says he is serving the twins, as such? The twins might think that is the case, while he is slowly working them over without their noticing. It would explain a lot about their associations with several Labyrinths, including the two we've brought to an end, and how they've managed to gain a foothold strong enough to eat their way through their ranks of widderslaintes..."

"I never considered that option Mr Wainwright but yes you are right, we are still only speculating off course but yes if this Lord Griga have made the twins his pawns without their knowledge who know what he is managing to get them to do, it is a possibility to look into at least."
George said and nodded in acknowledgement.

Serge nodded, "Yeah I can link minds. Did it a bunch with Ange when I first became a disciple. The particular version that you guys want might need a bit of creativity to pull off but I think I can do it."

"Good, good it is worth and attempt at least."
George said and nodded.

[Cafe]

"I got an open invitation to the Cult of Ecstasy pocket realm. So that's a place I'll definitely be checking out." Serge said remembering the letter he had gotten a while back.

"I am sure you will like it, our pocket real on Horizon is a beautiful place."

"Does Horizon have places where people...teach? Like spells and stuff. Seems like a place like that would have loads of those. Wouldn't mind seeing how the guys in Horizon do their tricks. A different perspective." Serge said speaking a little more quietly as he mentioned more mystical qualities of horizon.

"Not directly no, mentors teach students and one can pay individual mages for instruction but Horizon is not a collage Chantry so you will not find random magick classes."
Ange said and she shook her head.

"How dare you. Cake has every right to be a food. I'll have you know sugar is a vital nutrient for a growing body. Plus it's CHEESEcake. So we got dairy as well." Serge said with a grin as he dug into his cake.

Your Mentor chuckle at that.
"Just promise me you will eat something a bit more healthy as well kid."
She commented.

"These are awesome! Thanks" Serge said with a large smile. Although his mentor could've given him anything and he'd still say it was the best gift ever.

He opened up his new gift and pulled out a red marker and began using it in his drawing. placing his sketchbook on the table so that Ange could see. These types of markers weren't meant for coloring things in, however Serge was content with simply outlining certain characters within his drawing, causing them to stand out amongst the drab black white cafe-goers present in the rest of the picture.

Ange would likely notice that the characters that Serge was outlining in marker...didn't exist. Or at least, he was only outlining characters that he had fabricated for his drawings, rather than the characters that had real-life counterparts present in the cafe.

"I am glad you like them."
Ange said and she ate a bit of her omelet as she watched you draw.
"You know what this scene needs? A dragon, a big glitter dragon looking in through the windows."
"And you are as talented as ever I see Serge."

[Westchapel]

He grinned, "I'll give her five to six in odds, tops... Remember, I still have 25 years of mundane flight experience since I was first trained as a combat pilot - a lot of that translates very well to Umbral maneuvering. And she's an excellent teacher."

"Well yes both of that is true...hum perhaps you have a shot, I will have to cheer for my wife though I am afraid, as charming as you are Colin you do not compare."
Liam joked with a wry grin.

He nodded, "We don't keep much in contact; I did him a favour once, he repaid with a lesson on the Fair Folk, and then he left the city. I still know how to reach him, and he's a decent man, but he remains a dangerous predator, so any future communication will probably only be through the post or via telephone."

"No...those are good precautions even so be careful those creatures are sly, do not let yourself get dragged down into their games."
The Hermetic warned.

He frowned, "In time, perhaps the sanctuary will be a threat, but for now, no, I believe they'll gladly keep their heads down and simply try to survive. The new faction is likely a far greater threat at present, in large part because we did not know they even existed. A group of individuals joining together for safety in hiding, that's not dangerous, but a whole new faction building up in secret to be an active player? That's an outright threat."

"You may be right but if they accept in Fallen that is an issue and we may need to take them down, though I admit to being curious about this new faction, I wonder how we can find out more about them."
Liam said and frowned.
"You are right that they are building up in secret is not a good thing."

[Interrogation]

He frowned, "Because this man and his... group... has been targeting sleepers, Traditionalists and Technocrats indiscriminately. Our higher ups may want to consider the PR opportunity of this one, among other things... Everyone will want a piece of this chap."

"That is above my pay grade, I am just saying that I doubt he will get a trial there is no need for one for everyone to get a piece of him."
Ty said and shrugged.
"And I doubt the higher ups will care what the Union wants."

He smiled darkly, "Oh, having an angry woman try to rip out your soul and shred it. That hurt, even if she didn't manage to cause damage. Then there was the time I hopped into... well... you wouldn't even begin to understand that one, but suffice to say, there's a thing that tries to tear your soul apart and put it back together in the wrong way; I had to jump into one such thing and came out unscathed, tearing the thing apart from the inside. Simply put, I may be the singularly most indestructible person you'll ever meet..."

"It seams like allot of things are gunning for your soul, that is never a good thing."
The man said and he gave you a strange look.
"You guys are like mages right? You live very odd lives it seams."
He said, Ty, Adeline and Liam though looked very uncomfortable and they gave you really shocked looks.

He looked at the ethereal strings, nodding thouhtfully, "Ah... I think I see... You are a Renfield... a ghoul, serving a vampire of some power, I think? He's got some magical protections, too, quite decent ones at that. Now, let me guess further - your Master is of Italian descent, or works very closely with such, and his 'family' practices various aspects of necromancy, which is why you were so surprised when I told you one thing a Necromancer could do, and you had no trouble accepting necromancy itself. Am I close?"
He peered over his glasses, "Now, don't worry, I am only looking... but I think we can sever your ties with your Master without too much trouble, and where would you be then?"

The man's eyes widened and he paled.
"No...I love my Master I am nothing without him please...you can't do that I want to serve him all I want to do is serve him."
He begged hysterically.
"All I want is for him to be proud of me!"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:00 pm

[Colin's Apartment]

Anja wrote:"Agreed, when do you think we should do this gentlemen?"

"Anytime after my meeting with Ange is fine by me." Serge said with a shrug.

[Cafe]

Anja wrote:"I am sure you will like it, our pocket real on Horizon is a beautiful place."

"What are the customs there?" Serge asked curiosity. "Is there anything I need to know about the place before I go there. Ways to behave and stuff like that?"

Anja wrote:"Not directly no, mentors teach students and one can pay individual mages for instruction but Horizon is not a collage Chantry so you will not find random magick classes."
Ange said and she shook her head.

"Boooo." Serge said with a sigh. "I only ask because I was hoping to learn something new in my time there. I've been wanting to improve on my illusions lately. I've got mental ones down. Reshaping the mind to reshape how you view reality. But I've heard of other types of illusions and I wanted to try learning those."

Anja wrote:Your Mentor chuckle at that.
"Just promise me you will eat something a bit more healthy as well kid."
She commented.

"I will, I will." Serge said glancing down at the menu to see what sorts of healthy option were available

Anja wrote:"I am glad you like them."
Ange said and she ate a bit of her omelet as she watched you draw.
"You know what this scene needs? A dragon, a big glitter dragon looking in through the windows."
"And you are as talented as ever I see Serge."
Serge chuckled at that and said, "I'm a bit dragon-ed out at the moment. I've spent the better part of 2 months drawing a massive dragon on my ceiling. And it's still not done. Plus everyone talks about dragons when going to Horizon. You gotta show the other bygones some love as well. But you know...your right. This could use a bit of flair."

Although he didn't follow Ange's suggestion, Serge did began to add a more fantastical element to his drawings. He began to draw little glittery winged creatures akin to pixies and sprites.

They were floating about the scene, playing with utensils and knocking down glasses of water and causing all sorts of general mischief. Despite the mischief, the drawn cafe-goers seemed ignorant to their presence, attributing the knocked down glasses and missing utensils as their own clumsiness and forgetfulness.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:43 pm

[Westchapel Hallway]

Colin's Post:

The large woman gave a "whatever" shrug to this.

Colin's Post:

'And there was me planning to go and have a nap and shit first.' she replied sarcastically, though with a little smile. 'Before you go... look at this.' passing the "hit list" to Colin to look at. 'Do all these names match up the folk who have been hit in Boston? And you recognise any of the ones below mine?'

[What surname is on the list? Nicole's current one, or her real one?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:04 pm

[Colin's Apartment]

He nodded, "Spotting the deviations, whether on the spot, or the trails between the moments, is going to be difficult, true, and if you think you can't do it, Sir, I'm not going to protest that... I know I am not yet skilled enough." He glanced sideways at Serge, "Then again, there might be a way... if a certain young artist were to join our minds for the search; your depth of experience, my knowledge of military methods, and both our understandings of patterns... it might be possible. A long shot, to be sure, but possible."
"Hum...that is not a bad idea."

He looked relieved not to be included in Colin's idea and drew back a little from the table, looking distinctly uncomfortable.

"I am able to link two minds together in such a way Mr Yager but if I am going to be a part of the link it is better if a third party do the linking. I am willing to give it a try."
"Agreed, when do you think we should do this gentlemen?"

"'All of us,' who?" he said in a guarded tone of voice.

"I know Sodalis and perhaps I am biased here since I knew this man, he was a good friend, it is possible that in another timeline, he may have been another man and as such he gave another reply when the Nephandus who had captured him gave him..."
"That choice...this is possible, I do not find it likely
"I never considered that option Mr Wainwright but yes you are right, we are still only speculating off course but yes if this Lord Griga have made the twins his pawns without their knowledge who know what he is managing to get them to do, it is a possibility to look into at least."

"Well, perhaps I'm overcomplicating things. There are certainly other contenders," he said with a nod.

[Airport Parking Lot]

"I was told enough to be concerned about letting my own student making friends with our new brother but...he have been so exited about a relative his own age that how can I deny him." Your Sister said and sigh. "Seriously I am getting far to soft." She said and her student gave a bit of a grin.

"Somehow, I doubt that. He will be a good influence on him, he will need a good friend to be able to stay on the right path when things get tough. And they have been tough for him. I think when you hear more about what happened, you'll understand. I'm sorry I didn't meet you at the gate, but I doubt they'd appreciate half of the stuff in my bag going through those scanners." He shrugged. "So, Mr Whale, how have your studies been coming along?"

"I would not mind at all brother. I would have to ask the Deacon Council but I am sure they would not mind you bringing a friend, we have the room and another Traditionalist visiting, I can not imagine someone would have a problem with that."
Helena said and she nodded.
"It would be great if you came visiting Mr Roth Hicks."
Stephen chimed in from the back seat.

"I'm not sure if he'll be able to find the time, but I'd like to invite him all the same. You'll see him later tonight at dinner, though you've already met him," he said, glancing at Helena. "And apparently had a few talks with him, leaving me totally oblivious for years."

"I do not mind walking a bit."
Helena said. You drove towards the restaurant and found a parking space not to far from it, there was not allot a traffic today so you and your visiting family would not have to walk to far.

"I'm being blessed by the parking angel today," he said, checking for signs that were posted on the street or hidden by bushes, or signs that used to be there but were gone but would still earn him a ticket. Boston had a convoluted schema for parking restrictions including ones for residential neighborhoods that could empty a wallet faster than you could say "I was only gone for five minutes."

// was the wedding during downtime? If so, I think Adley would be confused why he got an invitation to a wedding of someone he did not know - unless Colin gave him a heads up.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:05 pm

[Colin's Apartment]

"Anytime after my meeting with Ange is fine by me." Serge said with a shrug.

George nodded at that.
"Then I and your Cabalmate can work out a good time child."

He looked relieved not to be included in Colin's idea and drew back a little from the table, looking distinctly uncomfortable.

"It should be quite safe, I trust your young Cabalmate Sodalis."
The Primus said when he noted how uneasy you looked.

"Well, perhaps I'm overcomplicating things. There are certainly other contenders," he said with a nod.

"It is impossible to know, for now we need to try to learn more about who we may be facing, we might have theories but they only take us so far."
George commented he clearly where not comfortable with the idea that the D'Angelo twins' Gilgulled and long dead Mentor was behind this.

[Cafe]

"What are the customs there?" Serge asked curiosity. "Is there anything I need to know about the place before I go there. Ways to behave and stuff like that?"

"Try to be polite and respectful of older magi, when you enter an establishment it is expected that you present yourself by name, rank and Tradition, though not all follow this, follow the Protocols and oh yes, since this is November do not wear white, it is not illegal to wear white as such but it is not illegal to do anything you want to anyone wearing all white either."
Your Mentor said and frowned.
"So try to avoid that."

"Boooo." Serge said with a sigh. "I only ask because I was hoping to learn something new in my time there. I've been wanting to improve on my illusions lately. I've got mental ones down. Reshaping the mind to reshape how you view reality. But I've heard of other types of illusions and I wanted to try learning those."

"Then you will have to find someone to study with, and meet their price for instruction, you might be able to find a teacher on Horizon Serge but maickal training are often quite expensive."
Your Mentor said.
"It would probably be a good area of study for you though."

I will, I will." Serge said glancing down at the menu to see what sorts of healthy option were available

There was omelets and hamburgers and fried chicken and sandwiches and several types of pies.
"Good."
Ange said.

Serge chuckled at that and said, "I'm a bit dragon-ed out at the moment. I've spent the better part of 2 months drawing a massive dragon on my ceiling. And it's still not done. Plus everyone talks about dragons when going to Horizon. You gotta show the other bygones some love as well. But you know...your right. This could use a bit of flair."

Although he didn't follow Ange's suggestion, Serge did began to add a more fantastical element to his drawings. He began to draw little glittery winged creatures akin to pixies and sprites.

They were floating about the scene, playing with utensils and knocking down glasses of water and causing all sorts of general mischief. Despite the mischief, the drawn cafe-goers seemed ignorant to their presence, attributing the knocked down glasses and missing utensils as their own clumsiness and forgetfulness.

"Well pixies work as well."
The older Cultist said.
"You told me about your roof decorations, I will have to come and visit to see them when they are done."
She said and she ate a bit more of her food while you where drawing.
"How are things going with you Serge are you still being treated well at Steelhaven with your new Cabal?"

[Westchapel Hallway]

'And there was me planning to go and have a nap and shit first.' she replied sarcastically, though with a little smile. 'Before you go... look at this.' passing the "hit list" to Colin to look at. 'Do all these names match up the folk who have been hit in Boston? And you recognise any of the ones below mine?'

You do recognize a Mr Barvelli he ran a cheese shop that you Frequent Colin, he is just a kindly old man who live in peace with his wife looking forwards to Saturdays when their children come visiting with the grand kids, he had mentioned once having a pacemaker from some rhythm problems though.

The surname used for Nicole is her current one the one she have used when applying for a job.

[Airport Parking Lot]

"Somehow, I doubt that. He will be a good influence on him, he will need a good friend to be able to stay on the right path when things get tough. And they have been tough for him. I think when you hear more about what happened, you'll understand. I'm sorry I didn't meet you at the gate, but I doubt they'd appreciate half of the stuff in my bag going through those scanners." He shrugged. "So, Mr Whale, how have your studies been coming along?"

"Hum...I will reserve judgment until I hear ore of the story then brother."
Helena said though she still looked skeptical that Kyle would be a good influence on her student.
"That is no problem at all, as for those scanners I have learned a few little tricks to fool them, if there is time during this visit I will teach them to you Adley."
She said and her student chimed in to reply when he was addressed.
"Pretty good Sir, I can feel and see allot of stuff now and sort of move heat and cold around and play with electricity a bit."
He said proudly.
"He have reached what the Traditions call the Initiate degree of Forces, with three Apprentice degrees."
Helena said seaming pleased with that.

"I'm not sure if he'll be able to find the time, but I'd like to invite him all the same. You'll see him later tonight at dinner, though you've already met him," he said, glancing at Helena. "And apparently had a few talks with him, leaving me totally oblivious for years."

"Who are you referring to brother?"
Your sister asked looking confused.
"Off course time can be hard to come by, but if there is time I would love to play hostess."

"I'm being blessed by the parking angel today," he said, checking for signs that were posted on the street or hidden by bushes, or signs that used to be there but were gone but would still earn him a ticket. Boston had a convoluted schema for parking restrictions including ones for residential neighborhoods that could empty a wallet faster than you could say "I was only gone for five minutes."

Everything seamed to be fine, you think. Helena got out of the car and waited for you and her student.
"So what about you brother, have you considered taking on a student soon? I a sure our pater will be delighted when you do."
She asked and looked at the teenager at her side.
"It is allot of work but is quite rewarding you know."

(OOC: Yes it was during downtime. Here are invitations go to these random sleepers wedding, there will be cake!)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:31 am

[Colin's Apartment]
Anja wrote:"You are responsible for what your spells do, also accidentally so that would not get someone fo the hook, but yes I will bring a ehm...wing man as you say Colin."
Beatrice said and she smiled a little.
Colin smiled, "You'll have to forgive me if I occasionally seem a little paranoid about sticking your proverbial neck out... I'm not trying to scare you from going outside, just trying to keep you from stretching too far too soon."

Anja wrote:Beatrice nodded.
"I have tried to make sure I eat, even when it is not always easy, I have still lost some weight and Richard complain about vitamins, but yes I have tried an getting those shards back have made things allot easier, for the most part now I am just really tired all the time...due to the nightmares..."
She said and looked down.
"But I am healing."
She added with a weak smile.
He nodded, "It's good that we could put you all back together, you were pretty out of it... I wish I could help you with the nightmares, though..."

S7trif3 wrote:He looked relieved not to be included in Colin's idea and drew back a little from the table, looking distinctly uncomfortable.
Anja wrote:"It should be quite safe, I trust your young Cabalmate Sodalis."
The Primus said when he noted how uneasy you looked.
He nodded, "It would be a sharing of abilities, not memories, as such - something akin to several people pushing a car in unison, rather than a full merging of the minds. I think."

Anja wrote:"Agreed, when do you think we should do this gentlemen?"
Jeremy wrote:"Anytime after my meeting with Ange is fine by me." Serge said with a shrug.
Anja wrote:George nodded at that.
"Then I and your Cabalmate can work out a good time child."
S7trif3 wrote:"'All of us,' who?" he said in a guarded tone of voice.
He pondered, "Could sometime around four-ish work for us all? I ought to take a little while to meditate in the Node, too, I had to, hm... bribe my Avatar earlier with a promise. And I have to try to examine some hairs from the afflicted in the attacks..."

Anja wrote:"I never considered that option Mr Wainwright but yes you are right, we are still only speculating off course but yes if this Lord Griga have made the twins his pawns without their knowledge who know what he is managing to get them to do, it is a possibility to look into at least."
S7trif3 wrote:"Well, perhaps I'm overcomplicating things. There are certainly other contenders," he said with a nod.
Anja wrote:"It is impossible to know, for now we need to try to learn more about who we may be facing, we might have theories but they only take us so far."
George commented he clearly where not comfortable with the idea that the D'Angelo twins' Gilgulled and long dead Mentor was behind this.
He nodded thoughtfully, "Griga is perhaps the most plausible candidate whose name is known to us... for now."

[Westchapel]
Anja wrote:"Well yes both of that is true...hum perhaps you have a shot, I will have to cheer for my wife though I am afraid, as charming as you are Colin you do not compare."
Liam joked with a wry grin.
He grinned, "Hah, a wise husband. And I do acknowledge that I think your wife is more likely to win, I just don't think it will be an easy victory."

Anja wrote:"No...those are good precautions even so be careful those creatures are sly, do not let yourself get dragged down into their games."
The Hermetic warned.
He nodded, then frowned, "Not to worry, the last time I got close to a vampire's games, I had to show him the light. Of the California sun, to be precise. And before that, I had a few infernalist vampires deposited in the private apartment of a troublesome vampire who insisted on getting us involved... Live and let live, by all means, but there are simply certain... things I cannot let go."

Anja wrote:"You may be right but if they accept in Fallen that is an issue and we may need to take them down, though I admit to being curious about this new faction, I wonder how we can find out more about them."
Liam said and frowned.
"You are right that they are building up in secret is not a good thing."
He nodded, "One crisis at a time."

[Interrogation]
Nicole wrote:The large woman gave a "whatever" shrug to this.
He smiled wryly, "Keep in mind, they might be better able to mass produce a counter to this - a vaccine, perhaps - and get it distributed universally. There are enough Sleepers who are potential victims that we would reap the benefits easily enough, too."

Nicole wrote:'And there was me planning to go and have a nap and shit first.' she replied sarcastically, though with a little smile. 'Before you go... look at this.' passing the "hit list" to Colin to look at. 'Do all these names match up the folk who have been hit in Boston? And you recognise any of the ones below mine?'
His brow furrowed, "Bugger, Mr. Barvelli... Hum, you'll probably know more about some of these than I do, but I know this fellow; nice older man, runs a cheese shop of which I'm quite fond. And this girl..." he pointed at Evelyn's name, "is a sleeper, too; a heart patient at the University hospital. She's the one the werewolf called me about..."

Anja wrote:"That is above my pay grade, I am just saying that I doubt he will get a trial there is no need for one for everyone to get a piece of him."
Ty said and shrugged.
"And I doubt the higher ups will care what the Union wants."
He nodded thoughtfully, "Well, we'll see... I'll include my recommendation in my report, in any case."

Anja wrote:"It seams like allot of things are gunning for your soul, that is never a good thing."
The man said and he gave you a strange look.
"You guys are like mages right? You live very odd lives it seams."
He said, Ty, Adeline and Liam though looked very uncomfortable and they gave you really shocked looks.
He shrugged, "It's been a busy couple of months, had to prevent the end of the world two months ago. That was not an exaggeration, mind you - the world very nearly was unmade by a rather horrible group of Fallen Mages."

Anja wrote:The man's eyes widened and he paled.
"No...I love my Master I am nothing without him please...you can't do that I want to serve him all I want to do is serve him."
He begged hysterically.
"All I want is for him to be proud of me!"
He nodded sagely, "That's probably the blood talking, though... I've read up on the effects of vampire blood; it's like a drug, slowly eating away at your soul, while making you stronger, faster, more powerful... Your Master may consider you a very useful tool, but honestly, men like you are a dime a dozen, and can easily be replaced... I understand your wish for approval, though - I really do - but seeking it from the blood-sucking monster who keeps feeding you one of the most addictive substances in the world just isn't healthy, or wise..."

((OOC: Colin definitely gave Adley sly hints until the invitations arrived, about a "life-affirming event", and the like... and he would have come clean after the invitations arrived, too, about thinking it would be good for Adley and Narim to be out in public for a celebration sometime. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:37 am

[Colin's Apartment]

Colin wrote:He pondered, "Could sometime around four-ish work for us all? I ought to take a little while to meditate in the Node, too, I had to, hm... bribe my Avatar earlier with a promise. And I have to try to examine some hairs from the afflicted in the attacks..."

"Works for me." Serge said with a nod.

[Cafe]

Anja wrote:"Try to be polite and respectful of older magi, when you enter an establishment it is expected that you present yourself by name, rank and Tradition, though not all follow this, follow the Protocols and oh yes, since this is November do not wear white, it is not illegal to wear white as such but it is not illegal to do anything you want to anyone wearing all white either."
Your Mentor said and frowned.
"So try to avoid that."

"Well there's certainly a story there." Serge said looking amused by the strange custom. "So no white. Got it. Is there any proper way to say all that stuff though? Is it the standard, 'Disciple Serge Yager bani Cult of Ectasy' or is there some other proper way."

Anja wrote:"Then you will have to find someone to study with, and meet their price for instruction, you might be able to find a teacher on Horizon Serge but maickal training are often quite expensive."
Your Mentor said.
"It would probably be a good area of study for you though."

"I was kinda hoping you'd know some random illusionist on Horizon who happened to owe you a favor." Serge said with a grin picking at his cheescake and drawing small doodles on it's surface with a fork. "Oh well. I guess that was wishful thinking on my part. If I do end up needing to pay a large sum of money I'll be kinda screwed though. Money's kinda tight and I don't wanna spend any of our funds on unnecessary things. Wonder if they'd accept a portrait as payment. You know, Mr. Wainwright said that a portrait created by a descended of someone powerful could fetch a high price. I'm not to sure about that. What do you think?"

Anja wrote:There was omelets and hamburgers and fried chicken and sandwiches and several types of pies.
"Good."
Ange said.

"Not many things on the healthy side here. Unless you count apple pie as my fruit of the day." Serge said with a grin his eyes slowly gazing over the menu items. "Guess I'll go with an omelet the next time the waitress comes around. Egg's are one of those things that are almost always healthy."

Anja wrote:"Well pixies work as well."
The older Cultist said.
"You told me about your roof decorations, I will have to come and visit to see them when they are done."
She said and she ate a bit more of her food while you where drawing.
"How are things going with you Serge are you still being treated well at Steelhaven with your new Cabal?"

"That's what I always liked to imagine happened whenever I dropped something as kid. That some jerk fairies were knocking stuff out of my hands cause they were messing with me." Serge said placing a pen down and taking a few large bites out of his cheesecake. It was at that point that Serge realized how hungry he was. He hadn't eaten breakfast that morning due to him wanting to cheer up Kyle and from that point on there were too many events for him to even think about food.

"Steelhaven's pretty awesome. Everyone's super nice and helpful. And being a part of a Cabal rocks. It's like being a part of a superhero team." Serge said cheerily.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:40 am

[Colin's Apartment]

"It should be quite safe, I trust your young Cabalmate Sodalis." The Primus said when he noted how uneasy you looked.
He nodded, "It would be a sharing of abilities, not memories, as such - something akin to several people pushing a car in unison, rather than a full merging of the minds. I think."

"I don't...surely, you two can push this car without me? You don't actually need me, do you?" he asked, with a frown.

"It is impossible to know, for now we need to try to learn more about who we may be facing, we might have theories but they only take us so far."
He nodded thoughtfully, "Griga is perhaps the most plausible candidate whose name is known to us... for now."

He nodded, not wishing to push anything that had no real steam behind it anyway; the man was not wanting to entertain it as any idle thought and he couldn't blame him.

[Airport Parking Lot]

Hum...I will reserve judgment until I hear ore of the story then brother." Helena said though she still looked skeptical that Kyle would be a good influence on her student.

"I meant your student could be a good influence on our new brother. He will need a good group of people to support him."

"That is no problem at all, as for those scanners I have learned a few little tricks to fool them, if there is time during this visit I will teach them to you Adley."

"That sounds very useful, I'd appreciate it."

"Pretty good Sir, I can feel and see allot of stuff now and sort of move heat and cold around and play with electricity a bit." He said proudly. "He have reached what the Traditions call the Initiate degree of Forces, with three Apprentice degrees." Helena said seaming pleased with that.

"Congratulations. You're certainly learning fast; three apprentice degrees too. I only attained Disciple recently, by the Traditions rankings anyway. You are making good time, indeed. How about your languages, how are they coming along?"

"Who are you referring to brother?" Your sister asked looking confused. "Off course time can be hard to come by, but if there is time I would love to play hostess."

"You know, Mr. Sharaya...we're ah..." He stopped talking, took a turn and checked the traffic and out of habit if anything looked off, then started talking again. "We're going out...just so you don't find it out as surprise, or anything..."

Everything seamed to be fine, you think. Helena got out of the car and waited for you and her student.
"So what about you brother, have you considered taking on a student soon? I a sure our pater will be delighted when you do."
She asked and looked at the teenager at her side.
"It is allot of work but is quite rewarding you know."

He locked everything, made sure anything that might make the car a target for theft was well hidden not that there was much to take. "I'm still kind of young for that, they wouldn't let me have anyone until I've cut my teeth some more. So I'll just help with our brother, try to be more involved...like you were with me, learn how to be a good mentor. See how things go from there." He put his keys into his pocket, hefted his bag and headed to the restaurant, shivering at the sudden cold and glanced down by the underpass to see how things looked. "This place has good thin crust pizza. The lamb skewers are good too, other than that they basically have sausages or steak tips." At the end of the street was a three story slat and brick building with a billboard on the top, and the restaurant on the bottom floor. "It might not be too busy yet, place gets a line for supper..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:19 am

[Colin's Apartment]

"I don't...surely, you two can push this car without me? You don't actually need me, do you?" he asked, with a frown.

"Yes it would be me and Mr Wainwright doing this."
Master Steelhaven said and smiled.

Colin smiled, "You'll have to forgive me if I occasionally seem a little paranoid about sticking your proverbial neck out... I'm not trying to scare you from going outside, just trying to keep you from stretching too far too soon."

Beatrice smiled a little at that.
"I will be careful Colin, I promise."
She said softly.

He nodded, "It's good that we could put you all back together, you were pretty out of it... I wish I could help you with the nightmares, though..."

"I...the pain was horrible."
Beatrice muttered.
"So yes I am glad I could be put back...together again but the nightmares...what I experienced was so...earth shattering I..."
She stopped talking and tears welled up in er eyes.
"I am sorry..."
She muttered she had turned rather pale.

"Indeed, I would not so easily share my memories but sharing abilities and experience is quite acceptable."

He pondered, "Could sometime around four-ish work for us all? I ought to take a little while to meditate in the Node, too, I had to, hm... bribe my Avatar earlier with a promise. And I have to try to examine some hairs from the afflicted in the attacks..."

"That would be quite agreeable to me Mr Wainwright."
George said then he smiled.
"It is important to keep your promises to your own soul after all. You ae trying to see if these hairs have similarities energy wise?"
He asked.

George nodded at that.
"Yes I would agree though this is all still speculation and guess work."

"Works for me." Serge said with a nod.

"At four then gentlemen."
The  Primus said and nodded.
"My apartment?"

[Westchapel]

He grinned, "Hah, a wise husband. And I do acknowledge that I think your wife is more likely to win, I just don't think it will be an easy victory."

"Well Renee is very fond of a good challenge so I think she would like that."
Liam said and smiled.

He nodded, then frowned, "Not to worry, the last time I got close to a vampire's games, I had to show him the light. Of the California sun, to be precise. And before that, I had a few infernalist vampires deposited in the private apartment of a troublesome vampire who insisted on getting us involved... Live and let live, by all means, but there are simply certain... things I cannot let go."

"Well that seams like good ways to deal with these creatures but where on earth did you get infernalist vampires to send anywhere?"
The Hermetic asked but he nodded approvingly.
"Still just be careful eh?"

He nodded, "One crisis at a time."

"Yeah...I guess you are right about that Colin."
Liam said and he scratched his head a bit and sigh clearly not liking the news.
"That is after all all we can do eh?"

[Interrogation]

He nodded thoughtfully, "Well, we'll see... I'll include my recommendation in my report, in any case."

Ty just shrugged at this, clearly not believing the man would get a trial in the Traditions but seeing little point in arguing over it.

He shrugged, "It's been a busy couple of months, had to prevent the end of the world two months ago. That was not an exaggeration, mind you - the world very nearly was unmade by a rather horrible group of Fallen Mages."

"What are Fallen Mages?"
Fio asked.
"Yeah yeah supernaturals always talk about end of the world this end of the world that."
He said and shrugged as best he could clearly not believing your tale.

He nodded sagely, "That's probably the blood talking, though... I've read up on the effects of vampire blood; it's like a drug, slowly eating away at your soul, while making you stronger, faster, more powerful... Your Master may consider you a very useful tool, but honestly, men like you are a dime a dozen, and can easily be replaced... I understand your wish for approval, though - I really do - but seeking it from the blood-sucking monster who keeps feeding you one of the most addictive substances in the world just isn't healthy, or wise..."

"You are wrong and he elevate me, he will never toss me aside he value me, he is a great, glorious man and I love him so much, serving him give meaning to my life! I would die for him!"
Fio declared faverusly.
"You just don't understand, he is a great man, a great man!"
The ghoul shouted.
"He is the most perfect person in the world!"

[Cafe]

"Well there's certainly a story there." Serge said looking amused by the strange custom. "So no white. Got it. Is there any proper way to say all that stuff though? Is it the standard, 'Disciple Serge Yager bani Cult of Ectasy' or is there some other proper way."

"There is a story behind it kid, when Heylel Teomim, the leader of the first Cabal betrayed his friend to the Order of Reason he was hunted down and arrested, when he was allowed to wear clothes, becuse the Traditions loves to shame prisoners by stipping them naked because we are so Enlightened."
Ange said the last with an eyeroll and she clearly did not approve.
"Anyway when Master Teomim where allowed to wear clothes he wore white so wearing white in the month of his execution is seen as support for Master Teomim. Protesters against Tradition politics, especially against the practice of...something not to be mentoned over dinner often wear white."
She continued.
"Yes that is the right way to introduce yourself."
Ange replied to your question.

"I was kinda hoping you'd know some random illusionist on Horizon who happened to owe you a favor." Serge said with a grin picking at his cheescake and drawing small doodles on it's surface with a fork. "Oh well. I guess that was wishful thinking on my part. If I do end up needing to pay a large sum of money I'll be kinda screwed though. Money's kinda tight and I don't wanna spend any of our funds on unnecessary things. Wonder if they'd accept a portrait as payment. You know, Mr. Wainwright said that a portrait created by a descended of someone powerful could fetch a high price. I'm not to sure about that. What do you think?"

"Well that is not what you where asking Serge you asked about drop in magick schools and no you do not have that on Horizon, finding someone who can teach you what you wish though might be possible, but it will not be done on a few days on Horizon, if I am going to use my contacts to get you a teacher you must be dedicated to learn no matter how long it takes."
Ange said seriously then she nodded.
"I do believe you can sell your art on Horizon yes especially since the Prima have one of your pieces, mages are not immune to wanting what those in power have, but magickal education are expensive so no I do not think someone will be willing to dedicate themselves to teaching you for months perhaps years in exchange for a picture no."

"Not many things on the healthy side here. Unless you count apple pie as my fruit of the day." Serge said with a grin his eyes slowly gazing over the menu items. "Guess I'll go with an omelet the next time the waitress comes around. Egg's are one of those things that are almost always healthy."

"They have meat pies as well but the omelets are quite delicious."
Ange said and smiled.
"What I want is for you to get some vitamins and protein as well as carbs."
She said with a chuckle.

"That's what I always liked to imagine happened whenever I dropped something as kid. That some jerk fairies were knocking stuff out of my hands cause they were messing with me." Serge said placing a pen down and taking a few large bites out of his cheesecake. It was at that point that Serge realized how hungry he was. He hadn't eaten breakfast that morning due to him wanting to cheer up Kyle and from that point on there were too many events for him to even think about food.

"Steelhaven's pretty awesome. Everyone's super nice and helpful. And being a part of a Cabal rocks. It's like being a part of a superhero team." Serge said cheerily.

"Then to you that is what happens Serge, remember you form your surroundings with your beliefs even if others might not see things the same way as you. One of the doctors at the hospital I work in, he is a werewolf and while he knows all about biology and work with medicines and use all the tools of modern science he still believe the cause of illness are asshole spirits making a person sick and modern medicine become a way to banish them, it is all in how you look at it."
Ange said and she ate some more omelet.
"I am glad you are happy at your new Chantry and that you have found friends my son, that warms my heart."

[Airport Parking Lot]

"I meant your student could be a good influence on our new brother. He will need a good group of people to support him."

"I am more concerned about what influence our brother might have on my student."
Helena said bluntly.

"That sounds very useful, I'd appreciate it."

"My pleasure and it is useful when one is out traveling."
Your sister replied.

"Congratulations. You're certainly learning fast; three apprentice degrees too. I only attained Disciple recently, by the Traditions rankings anyway. You are making good time, indeed. How about your languages, how are they coming along?"

"Yeah...I am not doing as well with that."
The teenager said and he scratched his head.
"I speak Latin but Greek and others are going slowly."
He said and Helena grunted.
"He is far more talented with magick than with regular academia unfortunately."

"You know, Mr. Sharaya...we're ah..." He stopped talking, took a turn and checked the traffic and out of habit if anything looked off, then started talking again. "We're going out...just so you don't find it out as surprise, or anything..."

"Ah yes Master Sharaya he is really nice."
Helena said then she gave another smile.
"A boyfriend...I thought you would never find someone...good for you."
She said.
"Are you happy together?"
She asked and her student smiled a little.
"Are you going to get married?"
He asked and Helena sigh.
"Don't just ask people that!"
She commanded.
"Yeah sorry."
The boy said and looked down.

He locked everything, made sure anything that might make the car a target for theft was well hidden not that there was much to take. "I'm still kind of young for that, they wouldn't let me have anyone until I've cut my teeth some more. So I'll just help with our brother, try to be more involved...like you were with me, learn how to be a good mentor. See how things go from there."

"Our pater have always done it like that, the older students get to help with the younger ones to learn."
Your sister said.
"For me it was our sister Jolene...before she fell in battle."
She said and she looked sad for a moment.
"Well anyway it will make you better able to teach when the time comes that you can take your own student."

He put his keys into his pocket, hefted his bag and headed to the restaurant, shivering at the sudden cold and glanced down by the underpass to see how things looked. "This place has good thin crust pizza. The lamb skewers are good too, other than that they basically have sausages or steak tips." At the end of the street was a three story slat and brick building with a billboard on the top, and the restaurant on the bottom floor. "It might not be too busy yet, place gets a line for supper..."

"Hum...the skewers sound good, but since it is lunch what if the three of us get a large pizza, I usually don't eat that much carbs but the boy is quite fond of it."
Helena said and revealed that despite her stern exterior she did like to spoil her young student. You also noticed that she looked around, noting places where someone might be hiding and every exit and entrance, she was always ready to defend herself and her student and you as her younge brother if there was trouble.
"It seams like a cozy place."
She commented.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:47 am

[Colin's Apartment]

"Yes it would be me and Mr Wainwright doing this."
Master Steelhaven said and smiled.

"Oh, good. In that case, good luck to you." He seemed relieved not to have anything to do with it.

"I...the pain was horrible."
Beatrice muttered.
"So yes I am glad I could be put back...together again but the nightmares...what I experienced was so...earth shattering I..."
She stopped talking and tears welled up in er eyes.
"I am sorry..."
She muttered she had turned rather pale.

"Come here, adelfi..." he said, putting out his arms.

[Airport Parking Lot]

"I am more concerned about what influence our brother might have on my student."
Helena said bluntly.

"Of course you are, but there is more to him than you probably think."

"Yeah...I am not doing as well with that." The teenager said and he scratched his head. "I speak Latin but Greek and others are going slowly." He said and Helena grunted. "He is far more talented with magick than with regular academia unfortunately."

"Well, those are two of the most used ones..."

"Ah yes Master Sharaya he is really nice." Helena said then she gave another smile. "A boyfriend...I thought you would never find someone...good for you."
She said. "Are you happy together?"

"Yeah, I mean it's a little complicated but..." he shrugged, looking embarrassed. "He's really nice and smart, and talented."

"Are you going to get married?"
He asked and Helena sigh.
"Don't just ask people that!"
She commanded.
"Yeah sorry."

He managed to look even more embarrassed. "We haven't even been going out that long...at least it's legal everywhere in the US now. That was only this year though, Massachusetts was way ahead."

"Our pater have always done it like that, the older students get to help with the younger ones to learn."
Your sister said.
"For me it was our sister Jolene...before she fell in battle."
She said and she looked sad for a moment.
"Well anyway it will make you better able to teach when the time comes that you can take your own student."

"You helped me too, when I couldn't get the hang of some things. You are a very good instructor."

"Hum...the skewers sound good, but since it is lunch what if the three of us get a large pizza, I usually don't eat that much carbs but the boy is quite fond of it."
Helena said and revealed that despite her stern exterior she did like to spoil her young student. You also noticed that she looked around, noting places where someone might be hiding and every exit and entrance, she was always ready to defend herself and her student and you as her younge brother if there was trouble.
"It seams like a cozy place."
She commented.

"It's pretty famous and it's been around a long time." He held the door for them. Inside, the place had a low ceiling, a brown tile floor, and dim globe lighting. Bruins posters, and old booths with a counter and stools for solo people to eat. "I know he said somewhere nice, but I promise, this is the best pizza around here, so I hope you don't mind. He looked around for an empty booth for them.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:41 am

[Colin's Apartment]

"Oh, good. In that case, good luck to you." He seemed relieved not to have anything to do with it.

"Thank you Sodalis."
George said and he smiled a little at your reaction.

"Come here, adelfi..." he said, putting out his arms.

Beatrice leaned against you, struggling not to cry before the Primus and half her Cabal but the discussion had clearly upset her and she buried her face against your chest and you could feel the warm wetness of her tears.

[Airport Parking Lot]

"Of course you are, but there is more to him than you probably think."

"I guess so brother or our pater would not have taken him in."
Helena said still sounding doubtful.
"I will have to wait to hear the rest of the story."
She agreed with a sigh.

"Well, those are two of the most used ones..."

"My Mentor want me to learn Enochian, Coptic and Spanish as well."
Stephen said and sigh.
"Languages are important child."
Helena said and the boy sigh again.
"Yes Mentor."

"Yeah, I mean it's a little complicated but..." he shrugged, looking embarrassed. "He's really nice and smart, and talented."

"I am glad you have found someone Adley."
Helena said and she dropped the topic seeing that you where embarrassed.

He managed to look even more embarrassed. "We haven't even been going out that long...at least it's legal everywhere in the US now. That was only this year though, Massachusetts was way ahead."

"It should have been made legal a long time ago."
Helena said.
"In the Traditions there have never been such restrictions, one good things the Solificati did when they where a part of the Nine, making sure marriage between mages are not limited when it comes to gender."

"You helped me too, when I couldn't get the hang of some things. You are a very good instructor."

"Thank you brother."
Helena said fondly.
"Yeah she is a really good teacher Sir, but she can be strict."
Stephen chimed in and Helena gave him a bit of a look.

"It's pretty famous and it's been around a long time." He held the door for them. Inside, the place had a low ceiling, a brown tile floor, and dim globe lighting. Bruins posters, and old booths with a counter and stools for solo people to eat. "I know he said somewhere nice, but I promise, this is the best pizza around here, so I hope you don't mind. He looked around for an empty booth for them.

"This is nice brother, it have charm."
Helena said.
"Let us find a table."
She said and you noticed Stephen looking around and he pointed out two pepole, a young woman by the counter and an older man eating while he read a book and Helena nodded.
"Well done kid, hedge wizards I think."
And they where you had seen both pepole at Westchapel, the man was a Hermetic hedge wizard of House Bonisagus and the woman you think are a Cultist. Clearly Helena where training her student to Prime scan his surroundings., never going beyond seeing who where glowing with more energy to avoid it being scrying. The elderly man glanced up and gave you a nod before he focused on his book again.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 30 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 26 ... 30  Next