Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kidnapping Vera Milliner, Angry Ghosts and Shining Souls IC Thread 36

5 posters

Page 3 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next

Go down

Kidnapping Vera Milliner, Angry Ghosts and Shining Souls IC Thread 36 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kidnapping Vera Milliner, Angry Ghosts and Shining Souls IC Thread 36

Post by Adley Sat May 04, 2019 7:39 pm

[Narim's Room]

Narim smiled a little at that.
"Yes I suspect that is what it was named for indeed."
He whispered.
He smiled thinly, "You're a linguist, Adley, you of all people should know how easy it can be to miss the obvious etymology..."

He sighed. "Talk about not seeing the forest for the trees."

"Ehm...yes quarts in circuitry off course there are probably some in my computers I meant ehm...crystals for mystical work, those I have not worked with."
Narim corrected himself.

Crystals reminded him of what he'd experiences, and nothing on earth could touch their beauty. Even now the truth of them were hard to keep in sharp focus, but no matter what kind they used it would fall significantly short.

"Yes we discussed the idea of layers to the Avatar once...and I have heard the Union do...that ritual...by removing the pineal gland and some they sacrifice to the computer, the rest of the gruesome details are news to me though...that is horrible."
He nodded, "Which would also explain why a Psychopomp might be lost and confused among them - so many Avatars, trapped and unable to reincarnate, locked in a prison of flesh and metal... Well, we'll have to find the means of releasing them; I have a couple of ideas how it could be done."

"Seems a bit cultish for a bunch of self-called scientists to sacrifice anything."

"The question then is what use a Psycopomp would be if it is just trapped in this forest?"
Narim said.
"I suspect capturing one would have a purpose and that it is not there to be an exotic ehm...pet, but yes we have to help those souls if they are trapped in such a way we have to help them."

"The use is to get avatars, turn it into a retriever...kind of like what they tried to do just now. Imagine if you could get specific ones, ones that you wanted in particular..." He frowned and put his head up to lean on his shoulder. He glanced at Colin with a tired frown. "What if it's in there looking for one of them...for some asshole like Jace."

"When the Virtual Adepts left the union only one forth made it until the Traditions accepted us, this was before my time but it still haunts us, the Union hunted us mercilessly, I wonder if what you say is correct, how many of us ended up in that forest which is not a forest."
He said and he had now turned rather pale.

He didn't say anything but just took his hand.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Kidnapping Vera Milliner, Angry Ghosts and Shining Souls IC Thread 36 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kidnapping Vera Milliner, Angry Ghosts and Shining Souls IC Thread 36

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat May 04, 2019 7:39 pm

[Council Chamber]

Nicole wrote:'Well, this is just the option if the target is awake and clearly waiting for us.' Nicole replied. 'But do we have a way to tell she's about to ambush? That is, before the point one of us gets shot going through the door?'
Anja wrote:"Hum...I could write a spell which would alert me to whatever or not minds in the apartment are sleeping or awake and their general state, that could give us some warning however I do believe your young Cabalmate is better at this than me."
Antonio said.

'Hi, yeah that'd be me, the professor x wannabe. I can read her mind and tell the exact feelings and thoughts at basically any point regardless of where the two are. I can tell when their awake or anxious or plotting something and even know what their plotting. Hell I can predict their likeliest movements and actions based on the thoughts of every mind in that apartment so I can tell if she's about to ambush us." Serge replied.

Nicole wrote:'Was thinking stake if asleep, gust of wind if awake, sunlight last ditch.'
Anja wrote:"I agree Miss Bouchard but why a gust of wind to knock her of her feet rather than grabbing her with more controlled air?"
The Scribe asked and he raised an eyebrow.

"That's sound good to me." Serge said with a nod. "I'm pretty sure she meant to say controlled grab-y air. We want to restrict her movements as much as possible after all."

Anja wrote:"No it should not, we plan on interrogating this woman and if she get the idea that any threat we make we are just bluffing and will do something else that will leave us on weak footing when trying to get her to talk."
Helena said firmly.
"We can try to negotiate with her before trying to hold her down with magick, but we should not make threats we are not intending on following through on."
The Hermetic continued.
"So yes if she is awake we can try to negotiate with her, it might be a better way to go about it, but if we threaten her to bring sunlight and she do not comply and we then hold her down she will simply learns than any threats we make means nothing."
Nicole wrote:'Unlikely to be awake and not hostile. Well, would you be? Random people have burst into your hidey-hole in the middle of the "night", taken down your guard and wants to shove you in a box.'

"Good point." Serge said simply. "I think that's that contingency plan done right? If she's awake we'll use Antonio's airbending to bind her and if that fails and no other options present itself we'll do the sunlight thing."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 04, 2019 8:37 pm

[Narim's Room]

He sighed. "Talk about not seeing the forest for the trees."

Narim smiled a little at that.

"Seems a bit cultish for a bunch of self-called scientists to sacrifice anything."

"The Iterators are a bit cultish when it comes to the Computer."
Narim said and he frowned.
"I am told they treat it like their God. Not that they would admit to that, to them it is simply a vastly logical, vastly superior intelligence. Then again...that would be the definition of a God."

"The use is to get avatars, turn it into a retriever...kind of like what they tried to do just now. Imagine if you could get specific ones, ones that you wanted in particular..." He frowned and put his head up to lean on his shoulder. He glanced at Colin with a tired frown. "What if it's in there looking for one of them...for some asshole like Jace."

"That could be, but to turn a Psycopomp to such a foul purpose."
The Virtual Adept said and frowned though he smiled a little when you leaned your head on his shoulder despite of the grim topic.
"It might be."
He said in reply to your question.
"And if so that is a disturbing thought."

He didn't say anything but just took his hand.

Narim was quiet for a moment, he moved his thumb over your hand a few times but said nothing as shivered at the possibility of what could have happened to a large amount of fleeing Virtual Adepts.

[Council Chamber]

'Hi, yeah that'd be me, the professor x wannabe. I can read her mind and tell the exact feelings and thoughts at basically any point regardless of where the two are. I can tell when their awake or anxious or plotting something and even know what their plotting. Hell I can predict their likeliest movements and actions based on the thoughts of every mind in that apartment so I can tell if she's about to ambush us." Serge replied.

"Then it seams we should leave that task to you then Mr Yager, finding out if our target is awake and whatever or not she is planning on taking hostile action towards us."
Antonio said and nodded.

"That's sound good to me." Serge said with a nod. "I'm pretty sure she meant to say controlled grab-y air. We want to restrict her movements as much as possible after all."

"Very well."
The Scribe said and he nodded to your explanation.

"Good point." Serge said simply. "I think that's that contingency plan done right? If she's awake we'll use Antonio's airbending to bind her and if that fails and no other options present itself we'll do the sunlight thing."

Antonio gave you a stern look about your over familiarity glancing at you over the rim of his glasses but he said nothing.
"Ehm...sounds good and all but one question, have any of us actually staked a vampire before, do anyone know what to do or where to aim?"
Jon chimed in.
"For if not we should probably figure that out beforehand."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat May 04, 2019 8:50 pm

Anja wrote:"I was thinking we might ask Adept Markov for help."
Narim said.
"Checking in with the ones you have a commission with is probably a good idea yes."
Colin nodded, "That would be Adept Markov, actually. So yes."

S7trif3 wrote:He sighed. "Talk about not seeing the forest for the trees."
Anja wrote:Narim smiled a little at that.
He grinned wryly, "Back to punnery, I see - a sign of recovery."

Anja wrote:"Hum, poor kid then from what I hear these Giovanni are not being kind to him."
"He will have to be rescued."
He nodded, "Quite... and since our captive, Fio Giovanni, is a torturous ass, we'll have to make sure not to bring pencils into his vicinity, too. This time around, I'll have to frisk Mr. Yager before bringing him into the room..."

S7trif3 wrote:"Seems a bit cultish for a bunch of self-called scientists to sacrifice anything."
Anja wrote:"The Iterators are a bit cultish when it comes to the Computer."
"I am told they treat it like their God. Not that they would admit to that, to them it is simply a vastly logical, vastly superior intelligence. Then again...that would be the definition of a God."
He shrugged, "Also, sacrifice is a term frequently used by scientists; sacrificing one's family time, health, sanity, that sort of thing. Sacrificing things to something, on the other hand, is where it gets... unscientific."

Anja wrote:"The question then is what use a Psycopomp would be if it is just trapped in this forest?"
Narim said.
"I suspect capturing one would have a purpose and that it is not there to be an exotic ehm...pet, but yes we have to help those souls if they are trapped in such a way we have to help them."
He agreed.
S7trif3 wrote:"The use is to get avatars, turn it into a retriever...kind of like what they tried to do just now. Imagine if you could get specific ones, ones that you wanted in particular..." He frowned and put his head up to lean on his shoulder. He glanced at Colin with a tired frown. "What if it's in there looking for one of them...for some asshole like Jace."
Anja wrote:"That could be, but to turn a Psycopomp to such a foul purpose."
The Virtual Adept said and frowned though he smiled a little when you leaned your head on his shoulder despite of the grim topic.
"It might be."
He nodded, "That fits... or more unsettling, what if it's held captive there for the next Moloch? That's... even more dangerous."

Anja wrote:"Well if you ever get sentenced to a Branding Mr Wainwright I suspect all the magi on Horizon capable of performing the deed would unfortunately be home sick with the flu, well you know it could happen, the percentage of older magi who get themselves vaccinated are rather low."
Narim said with a chuckle.
"And they would all be sick until you left Horizon...odd that."
Mia sat in your soul, sipping tea as she chuckled at that comment.
He grinned, "I suspect Master Tolle suddenly taking out his accumulated vacation days after a few hundred years would be enough to give anyone pause.. And yes, she is amused by the idea. As am I."

Anja wrote:"I am thinking the same and his presence might help prevent some of the more ehm...battle worn, magi sent from being to brutal towards the prisoner until they get her back here."
Jeffry said and nodded.
"I agree though the boy is not yet ready to be confronted with ahving to use lethal force and I hope he will never need to."
He nodded, "The kid's a healer, not a killer... I've got good reason to expect him to surpass his Mentor in their professional field."

Anja wrote:"It might be a good idea, just make sure you don't scare the kid to much, but yes she is bright so talking with her might be a good idea."
The old Hermetic agreed.
He nodded, "I will be cautious. I imagine Master Haagen would be quite upset with me otherwise."

Anja wrote:"I could not imagine I would ever approve...I can not...ehm...well I guess if his blood can not harm Avatars his abilities would be useful if someone at the Chantry decided to take him in since I and the other Hermetics can not take an Massasa Custos but may interact with one which is already a member of the Chantry."
Jeffry said with a sigh.
"However he will when he is retrieved be kept restrained until his blood have been analyzed to make sure he actually can not harm our souls."
He smiled wryly, "I would be quite concerned if you were to simply take my word of your word that his blood is safe - seeing as that would create another effect without a cause, and invite a certain old charmer in for another cup of tea. I would prefer not to circumvent the necessary chain of events for literally no benefit and great risk, and I'm sure everyone else here would, too."

Anja wrote:"It is not my ward so I can't really help with that."
Narim said and he smiled a little.
"But they really are cute little spirits they have to wait until Adley wakes up though he can let them in."
He nodded, "Let's give him the R&R time he needs first. They'll be fine. I'd really wish I could meaningfully communicate with them, though - it's a bit of a pity they're too... simple to speak Human. I'll run out of matches if I'm having the Chief's imps translate for me every time."

Anja wrote:"Off course I don't mind Mr Wainwright. I would offer you some tea while you make your calls however since I have promised to stay by Adley's side until he wakes up you will have to make it yourself if you don't mind."
The Virtual Adept said with a smile.
He nodded, "A cup for you, too, once I've got an update from the strike team going out?"

He waited for Nicole to pick up...

((OOC: Yeah, so calling Nicole still. Razz ))

((OOC2: Was in a confirmation today. Nice church, amusing priest, but I'm not sure about the organist and guitarist who played today - first time I've heard liturgical performances that sound like the musicians would rather be doing covers of Final Fantasy soundtracks. Shocked ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat May 04, 2019 8:52 pm

[Council Chamber]

Anja wrote:"Then it seams we should leave that task to you then Mr Yager, finding out if our target is awake and whatever or not she is planning on taking hostile action towards us."
Antonio said and nodded.

"All right. So I guess I'm in charge of making the slave sleep and figuring out what their thinking inside their apartments. For the middle portion of the kidnapping plan anyways." Serge said glancing at Nicole to see if she approved.

Anja wrote:Antonio gave you a stern look about your over familiarity glancing at you over the rim of his glasses but he said nothing.
"Ehm...sounds good and all but one question, have any of us actually staked a vampire before, do anyone know what to do or where to aim?"
Jon chimed in.
"For if not we should probably figure that out beforehand."

"Yeah...wooden stick stabbed somewhere around this region right." Serge said circling the centre of his chest with his finger, basing his assumption on a myriad of vampire movies, fantasy games, and the one time he had scryed on their vampire 'guests'/prisoners for Kyle. "I think at least. I've never done it. But I'm sure Nicole knows for sure. You've fought your fair share of vamps right?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat May 04, 2019 9:53 pm

[Narim's Room]

"The Iterators are a bit cultish when it comes to the Computer."
He shrugged, "Also, sacrifice is a term frequently used by scientists; sacrificing one's family time, health, sanity, that sort of thing. Sacrificing things to something, on the other hand, is where it gets... unscientific."

"Kind of what's been going on, it seems."

"That could be, but to turn a Psycopomp to such a foul purpose."
"It might be."
He nodded, "That fits... or more unsettling, what if it's held captive there for the next Moloch? That's... even more dangerous."

"Even worse....all of these potentials are bad..." he said and then fell quiet again. "I can't think too well right now, that's about all I can manage..." he said, sounding apologetic.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 04, 2019 10:21 pm

[Narim's Room]

Colin nodded, "That would be Adept Markov, actually. So yes."

"It seams the good Adept will have some visitors then."
Narim said with a nod.

He nodded, "Quite... and since our captive, Fio Giovanni, is a torturous ass, we'll have to make sure not to bring pencils into his vicinity, too. This time around, I'll have to frisk Mr. Yager before bringing him into the room..."

"Ah the thin blooded vampire are afraid of anything that could even remind him of a stake? Poor kid, and Mr Yager scared him in the future you saw?"
The Virtual Adept asked.

"Well if it gets a controllable, repeatable result then it is not technically speaking unscientific Mr Wainwright, it is however quite immoral."
Narim replied with a frown.

"To add to the next Moloch? Yes that would be dangerous no one knows exactly what Moloch would be but yes we know it would not be good."
He said darkly.

"Kind of what's been going on, it seems."

Narim nodded at that with a sigh.

"Even worse....all of these potentials are bad..." he said and then fell quiet again. "I can't think too well right now, that's about all I can manage..." he said, sounding apologetic.

"All you need know right now my love is know that whatever Wallace Jace and whoever else is involved have planned we will find out and we will stop them, you can think out how we will do that once you have rested, for now you need to let all those energies settle."
The Virtual Adept told you softly.

He grinned, "I suspect Master Tolle suddenly taking out his accumulated vacation days after a few hundred years would be enough to give anyone pause.. And yes, she is amused by the idea. As am I."

"Well Master Tolle could need a good long vacation."
Narim joked.
"I suspect that would be like when the Flambeau start suddenly running, then you better run as well."
He added sounding amused and glanced over at his boyfriend.

He nodded, "The kid's a healer, not a killer... I've got good reason to expect him to surpass his Mentor in their professional field."

"Well we could need that, we have far to many damaged emotionally by the Asencion War and far to few who can help heal them."
Jeffry agreed.

He nodded, "I will be cautious. I imagine Master Haagen would be quite upset with me otherwise."

"Never underestimate grumpy mages protecting their apprentices."
The old Hermetic said knowingly.

He smiled wryly, "I would be quite concerned if you were to simply take my word of your word that his blood is safe - seeing as that would create another effect without a cause, and invite a certain old charmer in for another cup of tea. I would prefer not to circumvent the necessary chain of events for literally no benefit and great risk, and I'm sure everyone else here would, too."

"Well yes we have to try to avoid another visit from that particular...entity."
Jeffry said and frowned.
"But also because I have to make absolutely sure this Massassa really is safe, then and only then will I bring the matter before the Deacon Council after all the security of Steelhaven Hall and her members are my responsibility."

He nodded, "Let's give him the R&R time he needs first. They'll be fine. I'd really wish I could meaningfully communicate with them, though - it's a bit of a pity they're too... simple to speak Human. I'll run out of matches if I'm having the Chief's imps translate for me every time."

"Yes Adley needs his rest."
Narim said and he adjusted the blanket he had placed over the Hermetic slightly.
"As for the spiderlings, they are like animals really...I would offer to make a translation app but I am not sure how much that would help you."

He nodded, "A cup for you, too, once I've got an update from the strike team going out?"

"That would be very kind of you, thank you Mr Wainwright."
Narim said with a smile.

[Council Chamber]

"All right. So I guess I'm in charge of making the slave sleep and figuring out what their thinking inside their apartments. For the middle portion of the kidnapping plan anyways." Serge said glancing at Nicole to see if she approved.

"You would seam to best suited for that job yes Mr Yager."
Antonio said and nodded.
"How fast is your Paradigm? Do you need to prepare any of this in advanced?"
He added.

"Yeah...wooden stick stabbed somewhere around this region right." Serge said circling the centre of his chest with his finger, basing his assumption on a myriad of vampire movies, fantasy games, and the one time he had scryed on their vampire 'guests'/prisoners for Kyle. "I think at least. I've never done it. But I'm sure Nicole knows for sure. You've fought your fair share of vamps right?"

"I do not think we should try stabbing the rib case is simply to sturdy it would take massive strength to get a piece of wood through we are going to have to use a mallet of some kind and we better figure out exactly where to aim as well to avoid having to do it more than once...I have ended up in conflict with vampires but never taken any of them prisoner, though my Deacon Prima hunt them so I have seen a few of them in that condition."
Helena said and nodded.

As you sat talking your phone rang Nicole, the caller id showed it was Colin calling.

(OOC: That is better then when my nephew where baptized and we had a real doom and gloom sulfur preacher so it sounded like this...cute baby you got there to bad he will most likely BURN IN HELL!!! Now what is the little critter's name? Not quite as bad but not far from it. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat May 04, 2019 11:12 pm

Anja wrote:"Ah the thin blooded vampire are afraid of anything that could even remind him of a stake? Poor kid, and Mr Yager scared him in the future you saw?"
The Virtual Adept asked.
Colin smiled sadly, "It's not everything stake-like... Fio Giovanni's favourite torture method involved opening the poor kid's chest and stabbing his heart with multiple pencils... So when we rescue Shawn, we'll have to be careful with what writing implements we carry around. And I'm sure you can imagine how Mr. Yager accidentally set off Shawn's every worst fear then..."

Anja wrote:"Well if it gets a controllable, repeatable result then it is not technically speaking unscientific Mr Wainwright, it is however quite immoral."
Narim replied with a frown.
He shrugged, "Just because you get a controllable, repeatable result doesn't necessarily make it science, either. I mean, you wouldn't call routine beheadings like during the French Reign of Terror a scientific endeavour, even if everyone who was guillotined died from the process..."

Anja wrote:"To add to the next Moloch? Yes that would be dangerous no one knows exactly what Moloch would be but yes we know it would not be good."
He said darkly.
He frowned, "I think perhaps Akrites Salonikas is the one person who knew the most... Alas, he's a bit unavailable for questioning."

S7trif3 wrote:"Even worse....all of these potentials are bad..." he said and then fell quiet again. "I can't think too well right now, that's about all I can manage..." he said, sounding apologetic.
Anja wrote:"All you need know right now my love is know that whatever Wallace Jace and whoever else is involved have planned we will find out and we will stop them, you can think out how we will do that once you have rested, for now you need to let all those energies settle."
He nodded, "We beat Jace once, when he didn't expect we'd figure him out. Time to rinse and repeat."
He frowned, "Bloody hell, if he's working with Lily again, that'd be a great opportunity to kill two birds with one stone, too."

Anja wrote:"Well Master Tolle could need a good long vacation."
Narim joked.
"I suspect that would be like when the Flambeau start suddenly running, then you better run as well."
He added sounding amused and glanced over at his boyfriend.
He grinned, "Considering how the Flambeau tend to respond to threats, if they start running, it would probably be wise to run in the opposite direction."

Anja wrote:"Well we could need that, we have far to many damaged emotionally by the Asencion War and far to few who can help heal them."
Jeffry agreed.
He smiled thinly, "Give him twenty years, tops, and I'm sure he'll have a well staffed clinic in his name on Horizon, ready to treat all sorts of mental and emotional damage..."

Anja wrote:"Never underestimate grumpy mages protecting their apprentices."
The old Hermetic said knowingly.
He grinned, "Indeed, if not for how it would break the Law of Shade, I could probably get Mrs. Taldor to testify to that..."
He turned serious, "On that note, future you offered to teach Anna a Circular War spell if I can get her to the point where she's able to grasp it... Remind me to explain the circumstances of that offer later; long story, no rush for another couple of years."

Anja wrote:"Well yes we have to try to avoid another visit from that particular...entity."
Jeffry said and frowned.
"But also because I have to make absolutely sure this Massassa really is safe, then and only then will I bring the matter before the Deacon Council after all the security of Steelhaven Hall and her members are my responsibility."
He nodded, "Precisely. Shawn is a good kid, and will be great help and comfort to both Kyle and Anna, but not until he's proven safe."

Anja wrote:"Yes Adley needs his rest."
Narim said and he adjusted the blanket he had placed over the Hermetic slightly.
"As for the spiderlings, they are like animals really...I would offer to make a translation app but I am not sure how much that would help you."
He shook his head, "Probably not much... I see them unmanifested and unaided, so an app would probably be more costly than it would be worth. Besides, they seem to understand me just fine, in broad terms, it's reading their responses that is the problem. I'm sure I can make do when needed; they're Adley's guardians, in any case."

Anja wrote:"That would be very kind of you, thank you Mr Wainwright."
Narim said with a smile.
He nodded, casually picking through Narim's kitchen to check his tea supply, "Any preferences?"

((OOC: Yeah, I think I'll take weird musical arrangements over fire and brimstone.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun May 05, 2019 1:18 am

[Council Chamber]

Anja's Post:

'Gust, grabbing her, air-fired stake into the chest... whatever puts her out of action.' giving a "not really important" gesture.

Serge's Post:

'That's sorted then. Do as much prep you can to be able to tell us her condition as quickly as possible when we're in the apartment.' giving a nod to Serge.

Serge's Post:

'Uh-huh.' Nicole said, looking at her cell, seeing if she still had the target's number - surely it was in the intel packet Narim had sent her. Being able to threaten your target via a number you shouldn't know gave an air of... professionalism. 'Wait. Does the vampire have any social media?' looking up at the group.

Anja's Post:

Serge's Post:

Anja's Post:

'Need to go in between the the left ribs, angled slightly inward to go 'round the breastbone. Might be a problem if the vampire is on her side or has generous fun-bags.' the Etherite replied, giving a scowl to the screen - the projector was showing a picture of the vampire. 'Have no idea how it works, but it does.'

'That's a point. Anyone here know much about doctoring?'

Anja's Post:

'Scuse me for a moment...' Nicole muttered, on seeing the ID of the caller. 'Yeah? What can I do for you?' she said down the phone line.

[Weird thing is, while I've had several 'church events' worth talking about, they're all about funerals.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun May 05, 2019 7:38 am

[Council Chambers]

Anja wrote:"You would seam to best suited for that job yes Mr Yager."
Antonio said and nodded.
"How fast is your Paradigm? Do you need to prepare any of this in advanced?"
He added.
Nicole wrote:'That's sorted then. Do as much prep you can to be able to tell us her condition as quickly as possible when we're in the apartment.' giving a nod to Serge.

"Just need to prepare for the sleep thing. Sensing stuff just requires me to meditate for a bit to help expand my mind." Serge said giving a rather simple explanation of his magickal process. "I can do stuff like that in a couple of seconds. Other stuff might require something special, symbols or drawings and stuff like that to help focus my imagination. So if I do think of anything else I'll prep it alongside the sleeping slave picture."

Nicole wrote:'Uh-huh.' Nicole said, looking at her cell, seeing if she still had the target's number - surely it was in the intel packet Narim had sent her. Being able to threaten your target via a number you shouldn't know gave an air of... professionalism. 'Wait. Does the vampire have any social media?' looking up at the group.

"Jon, your up." Serge said, smirking slightly as his choice to include Jon was paying off more and more.

Anja wrote:"I do not think we should try stabbing the rib case is simply to sturdy it would take massive strength to get a piece of wood through we are going to have to use a mallet of some kind and we better figure out exactly where to aim as well to avoid having to do it more than once...I have ended up in conflict with vampires but never taken any of them prisoner, though my Deacon Prima hunt them so I have seen a few of them in that condition."
Helena said and nodded.
Nicole wrote:'Need to go in between the the left ribs, angled slightly inward to go 'round the breastbone. Might be a problem if the vampire is on her side or has generous fun-bags.' the Etherite replied, giving a scowl to the screen - the projector was showing a picture of the vampire. 'Have no idea how it works, but it does.'

"Dr. Lee and Master Nassa probably know a thing or two." Serge replied. "You could ask them."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 05, 2019 7:56 am

[Narim's Room]

Colin smiled sadly, "It's not everything stake-like... Fio Giovanni's favourite torture method involved opening the poor kid's chest and stabbing his heart with multiple pencils... So when we rescue Shawn, we'll have to be careful with what writing implements we carry around. And I'm sure you can imagine how Mr. Yager accidentally set off Shawn's every worst fear then..."

"That is just horrible poor kid!"
Narim exclaimed sounding shocked.
"But why did they torture the poor kid? We have to get him out of there."

He shrugged, "Just because you get a controllable, repeatable result doesn't necessarily make it science, either. I mean, you wouldn't call routine beheadings like during the French Reign of Terror a scientific endeavour, even if everyone who was guillotined died from the process..."

"Yes and no for example Dr Guiliontine was a medical doctor and creating his method of execution was certainly scientific, but yes science is a search for knowledge, not just a repeated activity."
Narim said and he raised and eyebrow.

He frowned, "I think perhaps Akrites Salonikas is the one person who knew the most... Alas, he's a bit unavailable for questioning."

"Yes it is not easy to call an Oracle in for questioning."
The Virtual Adept said with a slight.
"It would be most interesting if we could though."

He nodded, "We beat Jace once, when he didn't expect we'd figure him out. Time to rinse and repeat."
He frowned, "Bloody hell, if he's working with Lily again, that'd be a great opportunity to kill two birds with one stone, too."

"Yes we will get him...as many times as it takes and hopefully before he gets my Avatar."
Narim said nervously.
"Yes...Lily I had completely forgotten about her, I wonder if she is like Jon, that she have a form of Arcane? Getting her would be a good bonus though, a very good bonus."

He grinned, "Considering how the Flambeau tend to respond to threats, if they start running, it would probably be wise to run in the opposite direction."

"You know...that is actually a very good point."
The Virtual Adept said with a bit of a wry smile.

He smiled thinly, "Give him twenty years, tops, and I'm sure he'll have a well staffed clinic in his name on Horizon, ready to treat all sorts of mental and emotional damage..."

"Well now, that is a bit of very good news from the future."
Jeffry said and smiled.
"But do not tell the kid unless you have to, I do not want to force him into one direction for his life, though this would be a good one."

He grinned, "Indeed, if not for how it would break the Law of Shade, I could probably get Mrs. Taldor to testify to that..."
He turned serious, "On that note, future you offered to teach Anna a Circular War spell if I can get her to the point where she's able to grasp it... Remind me to explain the circumstances of that offer later; long story, no rush for another couple of years."

"No let us keep to the Law of Shade though her own child is a mage so one day perhaps she will want to tell her mother."
The Chief said then he considered.
"Yes certainly it is a basic protection ritual but depending on what she need to be protected against she will need the appropriate magickal knowledge but I would be happy to teach her. The only complication is that she will need to be surrounded by what she is to be protected by completely. I for example do one against metal when I go into battle and have a steel chain to surround myself with but then I can not go near a metal chair for example. However you can make it more specific like for example bullets and then surround myself wit a ring of shell casings. I assume she want to learn it to protect herself against needles, then she need to find something Prime will recognize as a needle that she is not so scared of that she can not concentrate in a circle of them."
The old mage explained.

He nodded, "Precisely. Shawn is a good kid, and will be great help and comfort to both Kyle and Anna, but not until he's proven safe."

"Hum...we will see."
Jeffry did not sound completely convinced.
"Though having someone of the same age for him to be friends with here would be a boon, there are Mr Yager and Mr Riez's student but they are both a few years older than Kyle."

He shook his head, "Probably not much... I see them unmanifested and unaided, so an app would probably be more costly than it would be worth. Besides, they seem to understand me just fine, in broad terms, it's reading their responses that is the problem. I'm sure I can make do when needed; they're Adley's guardians, in any case."

"I think perhaps the way to go is to learn more about communicating with animals then neccesary spirits for the spiderlings."
Narim said.
"And the imps are like children I had one of them in one of my servers a few day ago, I had to bribe him to come out."

He nodded, casually picking through Narim's kitchen to check his tea supply, "Any preferences?"

"I am fond of lotus blossom tea."
Narim said, he had a good selection of teas in colorful little porcelain jars in his cupboard and a collection of teacups each in their own design and pattern and sizes, as well as a nice rose pattern set with tea cups, plates, dinner plates the works. Narim enjoyed good good and drinks and he enjoyed having something nice to have it from.

[Council Chamber]

Gust, grabbing her, air-fired stake into the chest... whatever puts her out of action.' giving a "not really important" gesture.

"As you wish."
Antonio said simply.
"I will make sure that if need be the woman is kept under control."

Uh-huh.' Nicole said, looking at her cell, seeing if she still had the target's number - surely it was in the intel packet Narim had sent her. Being able to threaten your target via a number you shouldn't know gave an air of... professionalism. 'Wait. Does the vampire have any social media?' looking up at the group.

Yes you had her phone number. Jon tapped as his phone for a moment then he shook his head.
"Not really the slave have social media but not the vampire, she do have a blog about her cat though, and I guess that could count as social media but no pictures of herself or anything."
The Virtual Adept said and he send you the link to the blog.

Need to go in between the the left ribs, angled slightly inward to go 'round the breastbone. Might be a problem if the vampire is on her side or has generous fun-bags.' the Etherite replied, giving a scowl to the screen - the projector was showing a picture of the vampire. 'Have no idea how it works, but it does.'

"If she is sleeping on her side can we not just turn her around on her back again? Also you will be in charge of staking the woman then Miss Bouchard."
Antonio asked and he blushed at your comment about fun bags. Well Vera was shapely but not to an enormous degree you could see from the picture.
"I know basic first aid."
Helena said.
"But not much beyond that."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 05, 2019 8:00 am

[Council Chambers]

"Just need to prepare for the sleep thing. Sensing stuff just requires me to meditate for a bit to help expand my mind." Serge said giving a rather simple explanation of his magickal process. "I can do stuff like that in a couple of seconds. Other stuff might require something special, symbols or drawings and stuff like that to help focus my imagination. So if I do think of anything else I'll prep it alongside the sleeping slave picture."

"Very good then Mr Yager that sounds like something we can work with."
Antonio said approvingly.

"Jon, your up." Serge said, smirking slightly as his choice to include Jon was paying off more and more.

"Yeah she have a whole blog about her kitty, the latest article is a review of Sweet and Fluffy cat shampoo, apparently it works well but Frufru did not like the smell and it got three paws out of five."
The Virtual Adept commented.

"Dr. Lee and Master Nassa probably know a thing or two." Serge replied. "You could ask them."

"Bringing a healer is not a bad idea."
Helena agreed.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun May 05, 2019 9:15 am

[Narim's room]

"At least I don't use wands often, anymore.

"All you need know right now my love is know that whatever Wallace Jace and whoever else is involved have planned we will find out and we will stop them, you can think out how we will do that once you have rested, for now you need to let all those energies settle."

"Sounds like a plan. One that will go into action after a nap. Hey...I apologize in advance if I'm cranky when I wake up. Mornings have been hard, second mornings aren't likely to be better."

He nodded, "We beat Jace once, when he didn't expect we'd figure him out. Time to rinse and repeat." He frowned, "Bloody hell, if he's working with Lily again, that'd be a great opportunity to kill two birds with one stone, too."

"Damn her too..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 05, 2019 10:27 am

[Narim's room]

"At least I don't use wands often, anymore.

"I have noticed that, it is probably good to be careful about such instruments around this boy. However do wands have to be made of wood? I am sure I have seen some use ones made of metal or stone as well?"
The Virtual Adept inquired.

Sounds like a plan. One that will go into action after a nap. Hey...I apologize in advance if I'm cranky when I wake up. Mornings have been hard, second mornings aren't likely to be better."

"Oh no worries Adley remember I had six siblings, I am pretty used to grumpy in the mornings. Also my dad liked to get up before the sun and my mother liked to sleep in so yes I am sure I can handle a bit of grumpiness from you."
The Virtual Adept said with the usual bittersweet look in his eyes he had when he spoke about his family.

"Damn her too..."

"Yes I do not think that woman is on anyone's Christmas card list. But let us hope she is not involved we do not need one more powerful, immoral monster with magick to deal with at the moment."
Narim said and frowned.

(OOC: No Christmas cards for Lily, my husband who made her thinks she should get Christmas cards. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun May 05, 2019 11:26 am

S7trif3 wrote:"At least I don't use wands often, anymore.
Anja wrote:"I have noticed that, it is probably good to be careful about such instruments around this boy. However do wands have to be made of wood? I am sure I have seen some use ones made of metal or stone as well?"
The Virtual Adept inquired.
Colin nodded, "Wand merely denotes the basic shape - but I don't think even all wooden wands should necessarily be a problem, only the straight, smooth, unadorned sort. Ones with, say, a gem on the end or other such distinctions should be fine..."

Anja wrote:"That is just horrible poor kid!"
Narim exclaimed sounding shocked.
"But why did they torture the poor kid? We have to get him out of there."
He frowned, "Why? Because stress triggers his visions, that's why... Or, you know, because they felt like it. Fio Giovanni's not the sharpest tool in the shed, but he's a bit too fond of using those tools on people..."

Anja wrote:"Yes it is not easy to call an Oracle in for questioning."
The Virtual Adept said with a slight.
"It would be most interesting if we could though."
He sighed, "If he were an Oracle, at least we'd have a chance to petition him for aid. No, I'm afraid he Ascended fully, so there's no calling him back. Might be possible to reach back through the years and ask him, if we find some sufficiently strong connection, but I'm afraid the man himself is long gone..."

Anja wrote:"Yes we will get him...as many times as it takes and hopefully before he gets my Avatar."
Narim said nervously.
"Yes...Lily I had completely forgotten about her, I wonder if she is like Jon, that she have a form of Arcane? Getting her would be a good bonus though, a very good bonus."
S7trif3 wrote:"Damn her too..."
Anja wrote:"Yes I do not think that woman is on anyone's Christmas card list. But let us hope she is not involved we do not need one more powerful, immoral monster with magick to deal with at the moment."
Narim said and frowned.
He frowned, "Yes, I believe she's protected by such an Arcane... and it might be wise to count on our paths crossing when we least expect it; better prepared than not."

Anja wrote:"Well now, that is a bit of very good news from the future."
Jeffry said and smiled.
"But do not tell the kid unless you have to, I do not want to force him into one direction for his life, though this would be a good one."
He smiled, "Of course not. I will, however, offer my gentle advice - Socratic method - and support for his career choices. Of those pieces of advice leads him firmly onto that path, well... I can hardly call that a poor outcome, can I?"

Anja wrote:"No let us keep to the Law of Shade though her own child is a mage so one day perhaps she will want to tell her mother."
The Chief said then he considered.
"Yes certainly it is a basic protection ritual but depending on what she need to be protected against she will need the appropriate magickal knowledge but I would be happy to teach her. The only complication is that she will need to be surrounded by what she is to be protected by completely. I for example do one against metal when I go into battle and have a steel chain to surround myself with but then I can not go near a metal chair for example. However you can make it more specific like for example bullets and then surround myself wit a ring of shell casings. I assume she want to learn it to protect herself against needles, then she need to find something Prime will recognize as a needle that she is not so scared of that she can not concentrate in a circle of them."
The old mage explained.
He frowned, "That's probably going to be a little tricky to make work, then, when the problem will be a couple of little shits throwing a box of needles at her... Hum, a chain will probably be the best bet, since the more... precise focus would be as traumatic as the incident..."

Anja wrote:"Hum...we will see."
Jeffry did not sound completely convinced.
"Though having someone of the same age for him to be friends with here would be a boon, there are Mr Yager and Mr Riez's student but they are both a few years older than Kyle."
He smiled, "He'll be good with all the kids, really - but, we should let him prove that in this timeline as it comes along, rather than rely on the history of one timeline we're trying to change..."

Anja wrote:"I think perhaps the way to go is to learn more about communicating with animals then neccesary spirits for the spiderlings."
Narim said.
"And the imps are like children I had one of them in one of my servers a few day ago, I had to bribe him to come out."
He arched an eyebrow, "Processor overheating, I take it? Yes, the imps are, for all intents and purposes, imps. At least they aren't gremlins."

Anja wrote:"I am fond of lotus blossom tea."
Narim said, he had a good selection of teas in colorful little porcelain jars in his cupboard and a collection of teacups each in their own design and pattern and sizes, as well as a nice rose pattern set with tea cups, plates, dinner plates the works. Narim enjoyed good good and drinks and he enjoyed having something nice to have it from.
He nodded and started finding the cups and kettle onehanded.

Nicole wrote:'Scuse me for a moment...' Nicole muttered, on seeing the ID of the caller. 'Yeah? What can I do for you?' she said down the phone line.
He smiled thinly, "Miss Bouchard, something's come up - another crisis, so I won't make the meeting. Could you give me a quick summary of your plan and the team?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 05, 2019 11:57 am

[Narim's Room]

Colin nodded, "Wand merely denotes the basic shape - but I don't think even all wooden wands should necessarily be a problem, only the straight, smooth, unadorned sort. Ones with, say, a gem on the end or other such distinctions should be fine..."

"Well if the kid comes here and moves in we can ask him what will and will not be uncomfortable for him to be around."
Narim said and nodded.

He frowned, "Why? Because stress triggers his visions, that's why... Or, you know, because they felt like it. Fio Giovanni's not the sharpest tool in the shed, but he's a bit too fond of using those tools on people..."

"It...will take some doing to rehabilitate the kid then we can not expect just to release him and he will be fine."
The Virtual Adept muttered.
"And this Fio Giovanni do not sound like the nicest person in the world."
He added sourly.
"Tell me he is not just be released back onto the streets?"

He sighed, "If he were an Oracle, at least we'd have a chance to petition him for aid. No, I'm afraid he Ascended fully, so there's no calling him back. Might be possible to reach back through the years and ask him, if we find some sufficiently strong connection, but I'm afraid the man himself is long gone..."

"I am happy for the man off course, Asencion is the end goal of us all, but I wish we could get his advice on this regardless, unfortunately if he Ascended he will not reincarnate either so we can not find his future self and ask them either."
Narim said and frowned.

He frowned, "Yes, I believe she's protected by such an Arcane... and it might be wise to count on our paths crossing when we least expect it; better prepared than not."

"Yes that would probably be wise."
The technomancer said.
"I do not wish the fate of what we do to the Fallen on anyone but that woman needs to be stopped."
He said darkly.

He smiled, "Of course not. I will, however, offer my gentle advice - Socratic method - and support for his career choices. Of those pieces of advice leads him firmly onto that path, well... I can hardly call that a poor outcome, can I?"

"I am not sure Mr Yager fully understand what he is able to do and how exceptional it is. Those men and women we rescued from Jace's labs, two of them wished to just go home and they where allowed to as soon as they where physically able, one did not survive she was to injured but the rest have been sent to collage Chantries, if they manage to learn magick they will become mages and if not they will be sent to the Mercere, they are off course marked by their experience but they manage to function and learn, that is quite impressive considering what they have been through."
Jeffry said solemnly
"They might have good lives again in the future."

He frowned, "That's probably going to be a little tricky to make work, then, when the problem will be a couple of little shits throwing a box of needles at her... Hum, a chain will probably be the best bet, since the more... precise focus would be as traumatic as the incident..."

"Why would said little shits do that?"
Jeffry asked.
"Well I can certainly teach her how to do the ward against metal in general, let us say in return for an equal number of sessions I get to borrow her to spar against Adley and Kyle as I teach them more combat magick and how to avoid being countered in combat."

He smiled, "He'll be good with all the kids, really - but, we should let him prove that in this timeline as it comes along, rather than rely on the history of one timeline we're trying to change..."

"Agreed...we live in this timeline and we have to let it unfold instead of focusing on another, and that is if, and I do stress if we let him stay, if not we will find some safe placement for the boy."
The Flambeau said with a frown.

He arched an eyebrow, "Processor overheating, I take it? Yes, the imps are, for all intents and purposes, imps. At least they aren't gremlins."

"Let us just say my fans got a run for their money, and yeah they are indeed imps, they do not mean to do harm though they just do not always understand the consequences of their fun."
Narim replied with a bit of a sigh.
"But I got him out of there at least before to much damage was done."

He nodded and started finding the cups and kettle onehanded.

You found everything you needed, Narim kept a tidy kitchen.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun May 05, 2019 2:55 pm

[Council Chamber]

Serge's Post:

'We only need to know whether the vamp is asleep or awake, and if awake putting down an ambush.' the Etherite replied. 'We have to be in-out of the apartment as quickly as possible.'

Serge's Post:

'I know that; I meant here in this room. Need to know who's going to do the needle 'o sedatives.'

Anja's Post:

'You can have a blog about a cat?' she replied sceptically, the projector showing her entering the link into yet another tab and loading it.

Anja's Post:

'Ok...ay.' Nicole said in a disbelieving tone, looking at said page.

Anja's Post:

'Problem is, does moving 'em wake them up?' she replied with a frown, looking at the target's picture on her laptop.

Colin's Post:

A short pause before the Etherite replied. 'We're doing the "moving people" trick; the block had an apartment sold a few days back. We've just sorted the taking down of the vampire. Is this "crisis" linked to the other fun things of today?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 05, 2019 3:31 pm

[Council Chamber]

We only need to know whether the vamp is asleep or awake, and if awake putting down an ambush.' the Etherite replied. 'We have to be in-out of the apartment as quickly as possible.'

"Agreed we have to be quick the faster we are the less chance there will be trouble."
Helena said and and she nodded in agreement.

'I know that; I meant here in this room. Need to know who's going to do the needle 'o sedatives.'

It did not seam like anyone had medical skills there other than basic first aid.
"Richard taught us all in the Cabal a bit of first aid last month so there is that."
Bruce grunted and Jon nodded to that.

'You can have a blog about a cat?' she replied sceptically, the projector showing her entering the link into yet another tab and loading it.

The blog came up the background was pale blue with paw prints on it and a big picture of the white Maine Coon from before was on the front page with the title "FruFru's Corner" It seamed to contain blog posts about the cat shows FruFru went to, prices she won, a rant about a cat show judge who had dared to indicate that the beloved fluff ball was fat, there was reviews of cat toys, cat treats, a automatic kitty litter with sensors so it noticed when something had been left in the box and filtered the sand so the box was always fresh, apparently Frufru liked that one. There where articles on cat shampoo and grooming products, cat food, cat carriers, pieces on FuFru's vet appointments the list went on and there was about a million pictures of Frufru herself, at least here you could see allot of the apartment, there was Frufru playing on the floor, Frufru napping on the sofa, Frufru in her veranda cage, one room which was never featured though was Vera's bedroom but the rest of the apartment was pretty much shown.

'Ok...ay.' Nicole said in a disbelieving tone, looking at said page.

You will be delighted to find out that while Frufu did like Dreamies kitty crackers, and they where healthy being low in calorie and with added vitamins, her owner thought them a bit to common for her cat's refined palate.

'Problem is, does moving 'em wake them up?' she replied with a frown, looking at the target's picture on her laptop.

"I think they sleep pretty deeply during the day, and for sure trying to stake her when she lay in some odd position and missing is more likely to wake her up than gently moving her over on her back."
Helena replied.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun May 05, 2019 3:45 pm

[Council Chamber]

Anja's Post:

'Wow...' she replied on seeing just how much was on it. 'Well, it's a lever at least; if the target doesn't co-operate we can simply threaten to send fluffbag to a shelter three states over.'

Anja's Post:

'It's a risk we'll have to take. In that case, when I do the moving I'll want everyone standing near, aiming guns right at her head.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 05, 2019 3:49 pm

[Council Chamber]

'Wow...' she replied on seeing just how much was on it. 'Well, it's a lever at least; if the target doesn't co-operate we can simply threaten to send fluffbag to a shelter three states over.'

"Well the woman do sure love her cat."
Jon commented.
"I doubt she is willing to let herself be captured for it, but if she do not think she have any way out and she decided to make a last stand perhaps the cat can be a lever to get her to surrender instead."
He said and nodded.

'It's a risk we'll have to take. In that case, when I do the moving I'll want everyone standing near, aiming guns right at her head.'

"Understood."
Helena said and the other nodded safe Antonio.
"Might be better if I keep my spell to restrain her ready instead that might be more effective than bullets."
He suggested.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun May 05, 2019 4:02 pm

[Council Chambers]

Anja's Post:

'True. But it's the look of the thing. If the target is awake and we call her on her cell, use her name, are in her apartment and say "we have FruFru" it shows we've done our homework, right? Makes them think "what else do they know about me?".' giving a little grin. 'It's why the mob guy makes a point of oh-so-casually asking about your kid's Little League, your Mom's quilting circle or your partner's recent vacation.'

Anja's Post:

'Problem is, the target won't get that as a threat. Lots of weapons pointed at head is obvious. Even if it is actually less effective.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 05, 2019 4:07 pm

[Council Chambers]

'True. But it's the look of the thing. If the target is awake and we call her on her cell, use her name, are in her apartment and say "we have FruFru" it shows we've done our homework, right? Makes them think "what else do they know about me?".' giving a little grin. 'It's why the mob guy makes a point of oh-so-casually asking about your kid's Little League, your Mom's quilting circle or your partner's recent vacation.'

"That could actually work yes."
Jon agreed and nodded.
"Ehm we are not actually going to harm the cat are we, after all I kind of like cats."
Antonio said and Jon shook his head.
"No she said threaten to send her to a shelter fa away where the target will never find her again."
The Virtual Adept commented and Antonio looked a little relieved.
"Ah...well that is good then, all good."

'Problem is, the target won't get that as a threat. Lots of weapons pointed at head is obvious. Even if it is actually less effective.'

"That is a fair point Miss Bouchard, gun it is then."
The Scribe agreed.
"So are we getting Serge a gun as well then?"
Jon asked and he glanced over at the young Cultist.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun May 05, 2019 4:22 pm

[Council Chamber]

Anja's Post:

'I was going to get him one for this mission if he doesn't have one. But just for his own protection; I know he ain't on the muscle end of this and so don't want to put him in direct danger.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 05, 2019 4:31 pm

[Council Chamber]

'I was going to get him one for this mission if he doesn't have one. But just for his own protection; I know he ain't on the muscle end of this and so don't want to put him in direct danger.'

Jon nodded at that.
"Good for Colin will have our hide if we let the kid get hurt, getting him a weapon for self defense though might be a good idea."
He agreed.
"Though then he will have to learn how to use it and when not to use it."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun May 05, 2019 4:52 pm

[Council Chambers]

Anja wrote:"Very good then Mr Yager that sounds like something we can work with."
Antonio said approvingly.
Nicole wrote:'We only need to know whether the vamp is asleep or awake, and if awake putting down an ambush.' the Etherite replied. 'We have to be in-out of the apartment as quickly as possible.'

"I can do that easily enough." Serge said with a nod.

Anja wrote:Yes you had her phone number. Jon tapped as his phone for a moment then he shook his head.
"Not really the slave have social media but not the vampire, she do have a blog about her cat though, and I guess that could count as social media but no pictures of herself or anything."
The Virtual Adept said and he send you the link to the blog.
Nicole wrote:'You can have a blog about a cat?' she replied sceptically, the projector showing her entering the link into yet another tab and loading it.
Anja wrote:The blog came up the background was pale blue with paw prints on it and a big picture of the white Maine Coon from before was on the front page with the title "FruFru's Corner" It seamed to contain blog posts about the cat shows FruFru went to, prices she won, a rant about a cat show judge who had dared to indicate that the beloved fluff ball was fat, there was reviews of cat toys, cat treats, a automatic kitty litter with sensors so it noticed when something had been left in the box and filtered the sand so the box was always fresh, apparently Frufru liked that one. There where articles on cat shampoo and grooming products, cat food, cat carriers, pieces on FuFru's vet appointments the list went on and there was about a million pictures of Frufru herself, at least here you could see allot of the apartment, there was Frufru playing on the floor, Frufru napping on the sofa, Frufru in her veranda cage, one room which was never featured though was Vera's bedroom but the rest of the apartment was pretty much shown.

"You can have a blog about anything." Serge said  as he looked over the blog with a smile on his face.

Nicole wrote:'Wow...' she replied on seeing just how much was on it. 'Well, it's a lever at least; if the target doesn't co-operate we can simply threaten to send fluffbag to a shelter three states over.'
Anja wrote:"Well the woman do sure love her cat."
Jon commented.
"I doubt she is willing to let herself be captured for it, but if she do not think she have any way out and she decided to make a last stand perhaps the cat can be a lever to get her to surrender instead."
He said and nodded.
Nicole wrote:"That could actually work yes."
Jon agreed and nodded.
"Ehm we are not actually going to harm the cat are we, after all I kind of like cats."
Antonio said and Jon shook his head.
"No she said threaten to send her to a shelter fa away where the target will never find her again."
The Virtual Adept commented and Antonio looked a little relieved.
"Ah...well that is good then, all good."

"Less paradox inducing than threatening her with the sun thing at least. We don't have to demonstrate kidnapping and selling a cat." Serge said.

Anja wrote:"That is a fair point Miss Bouchard, gun it is then."
The Scribe agreed.
"So are we getting Serge a gun as well then?"
Jon asked and he glanced over at the young Cultist.
Nicole wrote:'I was going to get him one for this mission if he doesn't have one. But just for his own protection; I know he ain't on the muscle end of this and so don't want to put him in direct danger.'
Anja wrote:Jon nodded at that.
"Good for Colin will have our hide if we let the kid get hurt, getting him a weapon for self defense though might be a good idea."
He agreed.
"Though then he will have to learn how to use it and when not to use it."

Serge eyes widened when Nicole casually said that he would be given a gun. "What? I...really? A-all right. That makes sense I guess. I was just sorta sorta gonna stand behind you guys the entire time. Don't worry about learning how to use it, I can just borrow the knowledge from one of you guys."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next