Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37

5 posters

Page 1 of 30 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next

Go down

Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37 Empty Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:55 am

(OOC: Nicole and Serge is in a fancy elevator at Vera's apartment building with a vampire, a ghoul and a cat in a box and a bunch of Technocrats on their tail, Adley are fretting and talking with Richard on the phone. Colin are in Freddy's room getting ready to leave to run some errands and Tane is still in his little house on the docks with all of his shapechanger friends. Happy gaming all.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37 Empty Re: Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:39 am

[Roseline Apartments]

Serge's Post:

'So they were interested in the vamp after all.' Nicole replied.

Anja's Post:

'Yeah, get 'em to trip or block a door or something.' giving a little smirk.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37 Empty Re: Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37

Post by Warpmind Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:08 am

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"Well the forest and other nature Gods are right there for anyone who wish to speak with them, they do not require service and devotion all they need are to be treated with respect, and understanding for what they are."
Bianca said.
"That is what the Hag always said."
Colin nodded, "Well, I would not wish to contradict the Hag, obviously."

[Freddy's Apartment]
Anja wrote:"I...can not help but feel horror at what will happen at him at Horizon, I am not sure anyone deserve that, but if anyone do it is someone who misuse their abilities as an Awakened to such a degree."
Freddy said darkly.
He nodded, "I think no-one ever deserved that... I can think of one time it was truly necessary, but... not really deserved."

Anja wrote:"Anna wore it on her wedding dress on her and Yu Die's big day as something borrowed, a personal victory that she was able to wear a pin...wait...why would I...remember...ehm...well shit your are contagious."
The Virtual Adept said and she gave you a bit of a look.
"Yea I will have to be alive for you to give me that brooch, and I know I will treasure it."
She added with a slight smile.
He grinned, "I think perhaps you're just beginning to take more after our dear Deacon Primus. That, or perhaps getting rid of the bloody Primium is helping you see things more clearly."

Anja wrote:"And if you did try to jump in a Caul I will teleport your Dr Who collection somewere you would never find it."
Freddy said and she gave you a scowl.
"A most severe punishment."
Fran joked but the humor did not quite reach her eyes.
"This is quite serious I take it?"
She asked and Freddy sigh.
"Yes it is serious."
The technomancer muttered.
He grinned, "You will find I am very good at locating things to which there is a strong emotional connection... and even so, that's not an irreplaceable collection."
He turned serious, "But no, I would not really want to repeat one of the three most painful experiences I remember for anything less than preventing the literal end of the world... and even then, only highly reluctantly."

Anja wrote:Freddy returned your kiss.
"You do that love and i will go and get some snacks and when I am calm enough unless you mind I would also like to see Anna, just in case things will be done before our dinner tonight, I am not going to tell her anything I will leave that to you but I would like to spend a bit of time with her if that is ok?"
He smiled, "Family shouldn't have to ask to spend time with family, luv..."

Anja wrote:"Whatever Freddy want, we will get some snacks then and since she wanted to go and see your apprentice...and before then she can tell me what is going on."
Fran said with a worried frown. Freddy sigh.
"No alcohol eh...I really would like to get drunk right now you know."
He nodded, "I'll leave you ladies to it, then... If you will excuse me."
He bowed slightly, then left, taking a deep breath and trudging up to George's apartment.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:41 am

[Roseline Apartment]

Anja wrote:"It seams they want both us and the target."
Helena said with a frown.
"Yes young man if you can delay the four than are coming down the stairs and not set any sleepers in danger in the process please do so."
Nicole wrote:'Yeah, get 'em to trip or block a door or something.' giving a little smirk.

"I kinda wanted to fill the stairways with sleepers to get in their way. Sleepers who were on the fence of using the stairs anyways since the elevators were being iffy today. But if that's pushing it then I got other ideas although they'll take a bit more work." Serge asked knowing full well what Helena's answer would be. Although regardless of Helenas answer he still needed to know what the Union guys looked like so he went to work.

He typed up  a quick message to Jon, "If you have control of cams in stairs. Can you send me pics of 4 MiB's?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:28 pm

[Roseline Apartments]

'So they were interested in the vamp after all.' Nicole replied.

"Apparently so yes."
Helena said and sigh.
"They are probably on the same trail to find the ones responsible as we are."

'Yeah, get 'em to trip or block a door or something.' giving a little smirk.

"I kinda wanted to fill the stairways with sleepers to get in their way. Sleepers who were on the fence of using the stairs anyways since the elevators were being iffy today. But if that's pushing it then I got other ideas although they'll take a bit more work." Serge asked knowing full well what Helena's answer would be. Although regardless of Helenas answer he still needed to know what the Union guys looked like so he went to work.

The Hermetic gave a deep sigh.
"How many sleepers do you think naturally would be on their way up or down the stairs at any given moment young man? This is not a crowded mall, you are talking about mind controlling a bunch of sleepers to leave the relative safety of their homes in order to throw them in the way of the Union men, no, we will not do that."
She said sternly.
"What are your other ideas?"

He typed up a quick message to Jon, "If you have control of cams in stairs. Can you send me pics of 4 MiB's?"

"They might be MiBs indeed, and here you go."
Was Jon's reply and he sent you a picture of four people, three men and a woman, they all where black suits, white shirts and black ties, each had a ear piece and they where quickly heading down the stairs, they where very average looking, of average height and weight, two where white, one black and the woman was Asian, none of them had any features really standing out, the three men had short groomed hair, the woman had hers in a neat bun.

[Basement]

Colin nodded, "Well, I would not wish to contradict the Hag, obviously."

"Oh no you would not want to do that, especially not to her face."
Bianca said wryly.

[Freddy's Apartment]

He nodded, "I think no-one ever deserved that... I can think of one time it was truly necessary, but... not really deserved."

"It is a horror, I wish such a ritual did not exist, that it was not possible to do such a thing, so yes no one deserve it you are right but Dahl...well he is closer to deserving it than many."
The Virtual Adept said and frowned.

He grinned, "I think perhaps you're just beginning to take more after our dear Deacon Primus. That, or perhaps getting rid of the bloody Primium is helping you see things more clearly."

"But I have never been good in that area of reality, it is space not time I work with the most."
Freddy protested.
"That and the matter we find all around us."

He grinned, "You will find I am very good at locating things to which there is a strong emotional connection... and even so, that's not an irreplaceable collection."
He turned serious, "But no, I would not really want to repeat one of the three most painful experiences I remember for anything less than preventing the literal end of the world... and even then, only highly reluctantly."

"You take the fun out of punishing you."
Freddy griped.
"And good, stay away from Cauls and other such things...far away."
She added sternly.

He smiled, "Family shouldn't have to ask to spend time with family, luv..."

The young technomancer smiled at that.
"You are right off course...I will visit Anna then and spend some time with her...just in case..."
She said and turned serious and sigh.

He nodded, "I'll leave you ladies to it, then... If you will excuse me."

"Go do what you need to get done love."
Freddy said and she gave you another kiss on the cheek. Fran nodded.
"I will see you later Colin after Freddy have told me what this is all about."

He bowed slightly, then left, taking a deep breath and trudging up to George's apartment.

You got up to George's apartment and knocked on the door. The ancient magus opened the door, you smelled something freshly backed from the kitchen.
"Ah Mr Wainwright you are just on time, the cinnamon rolls are done and the kettle is on, please some in."
The Hermetic said as he showed you into his apartment.
"Ah...I might have made to much you should take some to Jeffry's apprentices, neither of them have eaten enough lately...hum...what tea would you like Mr Wainwright."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:49 pm

[Roseline Apartments]

Anja's Post:

'Door warps and gets stuck in jam, some maintenance gear got "left" on the stairwell, some janitor was cleaning the floor and left some grease on it...' Nicole said off the top of her head.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:08 pm

[Roseline Apartments]

"I am not sure they have to go through any doors on their way but some accidental grease on the floor, I might be able to make sure we are lucky but I am not that good at working at a distance so I would need some aid with that."
Helena said and she glanced over at Serge.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:30 pm

[Narim's room again]

"I know it will take time to drive here." Richard said. "Very well I will just ask you to bring the xrays we talked about, and yes mentioning this for the Chief is probably a good idea."
He agreed.
"I will be back to Steelhaven as soon as possible."

"Stay safe," he said, "I'll await your message." Then he waited to see if he had anything to add before ending the call and then the spell.

He sighed, pocketed the phone and got out of the shower. He'd worked magick in weirder places, and far less clean bathrooms, so it didn't bother him much to have done something like that. He went back to the main apartment. "Sorry about that," he said to Narim. "It looks like I'll be on standby in case I'm needed, but we can talk about the other thing as soon as I tell my pater something and see if I can put this somewhere safer," he said, patting his bag. "There may be some problems at a neighboring chantry, my cabalmate is checking it out and my amicus had a great deal to say but some of it was cryptic as ever. I am starting to see why you find making yourself be in many spots to be so useful."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:00 pm

[Narim's room again]

"Stay safe," he said, "I'll await your message." Then he waited to see if he had anything to add before ending the call and then the spell.

"You as well my friend."
Was all Richard said before the call ended.

He sighed, pocketed the phone and got out of the shower. He'd worked magick in weirder places, and far less clean bathrooms, so it didn't bother him much to have done something like that. He went back to the main apartment. "Sorry about that," he said to Narim.

"Oh not at all, I hope you got what you needed to done my love."
Narim said and he sipped from his tea cup.

"It looks like I'll be on standby in case I'm needed, but we can talk about the other thing as soon as I tell my pater something and see if I can put this somewhere safer," he said, patting his bag. "There may be some problems at a neighboring chantry, my cabalmate is checking it out and my amicus had a great deal to say but some of it was cryptic as ever. I am starting to see why you find making yourself be in many spots to be so useful."

"I would like that."
Narim said then he raised an eyebrow.
"Trouble at one of the other Chantries, not the Hermetic one again?"
He asked with a concerned look in his eyes.
"Well I shall not keep you, Jeffry is head of security, such trouble he need to hear about first and he will then inform the rest of the Deacon Council. It is starting to look like there are something lurking in the shadows though, something more to this whole mess to day and I do not like it."
The Virtual Adept Master with a serious look in his eyes.

(OOC: Dammit I think i could have used some of Adley's lessons on saying no. A woman I just know a little contacted me now out of the blue and demanded to fix several of her jewelry pieces for free of course, and I did not manage to say no, and then she got annoyed at me when I said I would have to take the pieces with me home and do it here, rather than not playing MtG at the support group meeting tomorrow as planned and rushing to do her bidding then. For if someone to crafts they have to do things for others for free for it is nto like my skills are worth anything or my time. Sigh...ok rant over sorry.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:09 pm

[Narim's room]

"I would like that." Narim said then he raised an eyebrow. "Trouble at one of the other Chantries, not the Hermetic one again?"
He asked with a concerned look in his eyes."Well I shall not keep you, Jeffry is head of security, such trouble he need to hear about first and he will then inform the rest of the Deacon Council. It is starting to look like there are something lurking in the shadows though, something more to this whole mess to day and I do not like it."

He frowned. "It seems so, but who is casting it, that's a question? What else do you feel?" He shook his head and then gave him a kiss. "Stay safe, please."

//people all the time ask those that can make things to do it for free, it's so annoying and entitled, without so much as a by your leave on offering fair trade or pay. You got to tell them if you don't want to do it - they won't understand and they'll be angry, but they were anyway so xD

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:36 pm

[Narim's room]

"I feel there are numbers in this equation not yet known, so our calculations end up wrong. All I know is that all of it, all of the things that have happened today are connected...but I do not yet know how."
Narim said and frowned, but the frown melted when you kissed him, he returned the light kiss and nodded.
"I will my love, you as well. Now go...do your duty to the Chantry and tell our Security Chief what he need to know."

(OOC: Yeah and I even said that I would do it as I felt pressured, but she got annoyed I would not just drop my plans for tomorrow to fix her jewelry right there and then. I look forward to playing MtG with my group during the support group meetings all week, I do nto want to drop that to fix her stuff for free.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:00 pm

[Narim's room]

"And it's not the Hermetic one, again..." he added.

"I feel there are numbers in this equation not yet known, so our calculations end up wrong. All I know is that all of it, all of the things that have happened today are connected...but I do not yet know how."

His brow furrowed. "Then we'll have to shake some of the numbers out and find the right places for them, so we can solve the problem. Solve et coagula," he said, thinking about the few numbers he had but no where within the equation yet to rightly know where they were supposed to go. There were still chunks of the mystery that were as yet indiscriminate lumps that he could not make sense of; yet they took up space and had a sense of weight over their heads, casting shadows as when the older texts talked about fate written in the stars and the way they shone over them all in the heavens. It galled him that they seemed to sometimes be one step behind, but they had someone looking out for them ahead too, apparently. In the now, they had only parts of things and turned them around to see if they could fit them together and it frustrated him, given the stakes at hand.

"I will my love, you as well. Now go...do your duty to the Chantry and tell our Security Chief what he need to know."

It felt more like an order, kindly worded. It helped somehow to have a given direction, for he still didn't want to leave him even under a watcher and protections. Yes, duties. He would complete his ever growing list of tasks. "Very well, I will be back soon. Perhaps we should have someone stay with you?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:21 pm

[Narim's room]

His brow furrowed. "Then we'll have to shake some of the numbers out and find the right places for them, so we can solve the problem. Solve et coagula," he said, thinking about the few numbers he had but no where within the equation yet to rightly know where they were supposed to go. There were still chunks of the mystery that were as yet indiscriminate lumps that he could not make sense of; yet they took up space and had a sense of weight over their heads, casting shadows as when the older texts talked about fate written in the stars and the way they shone over them all in the heavens. It galled him that they seemed to sometimes be one step behind, but they had someone looking out for them ahead too, apparently. In the now, they had only parts of things and turned them around to see if they could fit them together and it frustrated him, given the stakes at hand.

"Yes we are going to see if we can find some more pieces to our puzzle...Solve et coagula indeed."
Narim said with a sigh.
"The question is where and how...I am feeling like I am trying to sort out a ball of yarn after a litter of kittens have played with it, and some of the kittens are still on the loose."

It felt more like an order, kindly worded. It helped somehow to have a given direction, for he still didn't want to leave him even under a watcher and protections. Yes, duties. He would complete his ever growing list of tasks. "Very well, I will be back soon. Perhaps we should have someone stay with you?"

"Your Mentor's Imp are still watching...but yes I would not really like to be alone right now...I have to admit to still being shaken but we can not ask someone who have other tasks to perform, we all have to contribute our part."
He said with a sigh.
"I will be fine my love."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:38 pm

[Roseline Apartments]

Anja's Post:

'Four people, running full-pelt down... thirteen flights of stairs. Always a chance of an accident, someone tripping, losing their grip, making them all tumble into a pile or something...' Nicole replied, giving a rather nasty grin.

[My reply to this would simply be 'why'? Or I'd agree, but then put it on the bottom of my 'to do' pile. My time is not worthless!]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:51 pm

[Narim's room]

"Yes we are going to see if we can find some more pieces to our puzzle...Solve et coagula indeed."
Narim said with a sigh.
"The question is where and how...I am feeling like I am trying to sort out a ball of yarn after a litter of kittens have played with it, and some of the kittens are still on the loose."

"It's a joint effort, there are people getting some more intel and we will figure it out."

"Your Mentor's Imp are still watching...but yes I would not really like to be alone right now...I have to admit to still being shaken but we can not ask someone who have other tasks to perform, we all have to contribute our part."
He said with a sigh.
"I will be fine my love."

"Hm, is AJ around? Perhaps he would not mind to come sit with you?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:29 am

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"Oh no you would not want to do that, especially not to her face."
Bianca said wryly.
Colin nodded as he turned to leave, then stopped and chuckled, "Well, you can certainly hold this over me - you had a good Mentor. I can't say the same..."

[Freddy's Apartment]
Anja wrote:"But I have never been good in that area of reality, it is space not time I work with the most."
Freddy protested.
"That and the matter we find all around us."
He grinned, "Well, now, in my memories of the future, you made a decent living on Horizon making hanging spells... well, apps for people. And it took some skill with time to reach back and connect with my spell when I was working from Morningstar's Node. Besides, time and space are really the same side of a coin."

Anja wrote:"You take the fun out of punishing you."
Freddy griped.
"And good, stay away from Cauls and other such things...far away."
She added sternly.
He chuckled, "Hardly, I just push you to get more creative with punishments..."

Anja wrote:The young technomancer smiled at that.
"You are right off course...I will visit Anna then and spend some time with her...just in case..."
She said and turned serious and sigh.
He nodded, "Why don't you ask Master Nassa about his assistance while you're there, if he's still watching over Beatrice when you get there?"

[George's Apartment]
Anja wrote:You got up to George's apartment and knocked on the door. The ancient magus opened the door, you smelled something freshly backed from the kitchen.
"Ah Mr Wainwright you are just on time, the cinnamon rolls are done and the kettle is on, please some in."
The Hermetic said as he showed you into his apartment.
"Ah...I might have made to much you should take some to Jeffry's apprentices, neither of them have eaten enough lately...hum...what tea would you like Mr Wainwright."
He nodded, "Darjeeling would be good about now, I think, if you have it... and I'm afraid I don't have much of an appetite at the moment."
He closed the door behind him, "I can bring a few rolls down to Kyle and Adley, though; you're right about their being a bit lax with eating of late. Sir, I came to ask you a favour - a quite large one. Freddy's going to get brain surgery - quite complicated stuff, too - to bring the brain tissues stolen from her back into place to stop the cybernetics plague that's going around right now... I would greatly appreciate someone assisting in making sure her mind isn't... damaged in the process, even as her physical brain is mended. I have faith it will go well, but I still have to do everything i can to stack the deck as favourably as possible."

((OOC: Pathfinder went well tonight. My Orc Fighter got hammered on Dwarven ale, went outside for a stroll, and blacked out. When he came to, he was naked, tied to a bed with silk scarves, and a pretty young woman helped untie him and put his armor on again. Now the poor guy has affectionate feelings toward the place and the lady, and is likely going to invest in a couple of silk scarves soon, but he doesn't actually remember any of why he's feeling good about it all... and once he stepped outside to rejoin the party, the Paladin cast Remove Disease on him without even checking if he'd caught anything... Razz Best part was that when the GM described Brutus coming to in that... compromised position, my phone went off with the fanfare of a text message - I'd won (the smallest prize) in a lottery draw. Perfect timing... Laughing ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:55 am

[Roseline Apartments]

'Four people, running full-pelt down... thirteen flights of stairs. Always a chance of an accident, someone tripping, losing their grip, making them all tumble into a pile or something...' Nicole replied, giving a rather nasty grin.

"I will start working on a rote if one of you can help me work it at a distance."
Helena said and she started quickly making hand gestures and muttering in Latin.

[Narim's room]

"It's a joint effort, there are people getting some more intel and we will figure it out."

Narim nodded at that.
"Yes we will figure it out, eventually."

"Hm, is AJ around? Perhaps he would not mind to come sit with you?"

"Yes he is in his room, I can ask him...that would be nice to have someone here to talk with."
The Virtual Adept replied and he nodded.

[Basement]

Colin nodded as he turned to leave, then stopped and chuckled, "Well, you can certainly hold this over me - you had a good Mentor. I can't say the same..."

"I did have a good Mentor indeed, she takes no bullshit and can be terrifying, but she is a good Mentor."
The hedge wizard said and smiled.
"Well you will be a good teacher for your apprentice Sir so you have that."

[Freddy's Apartment]

He grinned, "Well, now, in my memories of the future, you made a decent living on Horizon making hanging spells... well, apps for people. And it took some skill with time to reach back and connect with my spell when I was working from Morningstar's Node. Besides, time and space are really the same side of a coin."

"Well yes I do study that part of reality but it is not my main focus but I guess I will get better at it if I am going to make hanging programs as apps...hum...it is still a bit weird..."
Freddy said and she smiled a little.

He chuckled, "Hardly, I just push you to get more creative with punishments..."

"Yes...I suppose you really do love."
The Virtual Adept said and grinned.

He nodded, "Why don't you ask Master Nassa about his assistance while you're there, if he's still watching over Beatrice when you get there?"

"Good idea I will do that."
Freddy said and nodded.
"Are Beatrice sick?"
She asked and frowned.

[George's Apartment]

He nodded, "Darjeeling would be good about now, I think, if you have it... and I'm afraid I don't have much of an appetite at the moment."

"Darjeeling good choice...and you really should eat something Mr Wainwright...but at least do come in, come in."
The ancient magus said as he led you into his living room and indicated a chair for you.

He closed the door behind him, "I can bring a few rolls down to Kyle and Adley, though; you're right about their being a bit lax with eating of late.

"Good...thank you child."
George said and he smiled.

Sir, I came to ask you a favour - a quite large one. Freddy's going to get brain surgery - quite complicated stuff, too - to bring the brain tissues stolen from her back into place to stop the cybernetics plague that's going around right now... I would greatly appreciate someone assisting in making sure her mind isn't... damaged in the process, even as her physical brain is mended. I have faith it will go well, but I still have to do everything i can to stack the deck as favourably as possible."

The ancient Hermetic got a serious look on his face as he busied himself with making two cups of tea and giving you one while he took the other.
"This I can do. Our minds are not just our brain...I can cast a spell to keep her mind intact and well and then help it get back into her brain once it is healed."
He said and nodded.
"You think that will stop this sickness?"

(OOC: Sounds like fun gaming Warp.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:59 am

[Roseline Apartments]

Anja wrote:The Hermetic gave a deep sigh.
"How many sleepers do you think naturally would be on their way up or down the stairs at any given moment young man? This is not a crowded mall, you are talking about mind controlling a bunch of sleepers to leave the relative safety of their homes in order to throw them in the way of the Union men, no, we will not do that."
She said sternly.
"What are your other ideas?"

"It's not mind control. In fact its more akin to your fortune manipulation. But I don't have the time to explain. The other idea is just as cool." Serge said flipping to a new page in his notepad. "I can just mess with their perception of stairway itself. Make them see the door label and think it says their on the first floor when there actually on the seventh. Or place illusionary steps or people where there are none and cause them to trip. Or make them see Vera running up the stairs like she just escaped from us."

Nicole wrote:'Door warps and gets stuck in jam, some maintenance gear got "left" on the stairwell, some janitor was cleaning the floor and left some grease on it...' Nicole said off the top of her head.
Anja wrote:"I am not sure they have to go through any doors on their way but some accidental grease on the floor, I might be able to make sure we are lucky but I am not that good at working at a distance so I would need some aid with that."
Helena said and she glanced over at Serge.
Nicole wrote:'Four people, running full-pelt down... thirteen flights of stairs. Always a chance of an accident, someone tripping, losing their grip, making them all tumble into a pile or something...' Nicole replied, giving a rather nasty grin.
Anja wrote:"I will start working on a rote if one of you can help me work it at a distance."
Helena said and she started quickly making hand gestures and muttering in Latin.

"Can anyone else do that or am I the only one?" Serge asked looking around at the group.

Anja wrote:"They might be MiBs indeed, and here you go."
Was Jon's reply and he sent you a picture of four people, three men and a woman, they all where black suits, white shirts and black ties, each had a ear piece and they where quickly heading down the stairs, they where very average looking, of average height and weight, two where white, one black and the woman was Asian, none of them had any features really standing out, the three men had short groomed hair, the woman had hers in a neat bun.

"God they all look like assholes. But the suits are still pretty nifty. And they have earpieces. That's like, textbook spy shit. Fuck why do the Union have to look so cool....evil bastards." Serge grumbled to himself as he began to draw the four people as well as the stairway they were on. It was a basic drawing, ready to be altered to fit the needs of whatever plot the group decided on.

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:14 am

[Roseline Apartments]

"It's not mind control. In fact its more akin to your fortune manipulation. But I don't have the time to explain. The other idea is just as cool." Serge said flipping to a new page in his notepad. "I can just mess with the stairway itself. Make them see the door label and think it says their own the first floor when there actually on the seventh. Or place illusionary steps or people where there are none and cause them to trip. Or make them see Vera running up the stairs like she just escaped from us."

"That is a pretty good idea Mr Yager."
Helena said and nodded.
"Messing with their perception of the stairs, having them see Vera Milliner perhaps not so much so since if they know anything about Massassa, they will know that Miss Milliner could not possible be out running in the stairs right now, but making them run the wrong way...go for it do it."

"Can anyone else do that or am I the only one?" Serge asked looking around at the group.

"I will help my Sodalis you cast your own spell to mess with our enemies Mr Yager."
Antonio said as he started scribbling in his note book again.

"God they all look like assholes. But the suits are still pretty nifty. And they have earpieces. That's like, textbook spy shit. Fuck why do the Union have to look so cool...." Serge grumbled to himself as he began to draw the four people as well as the stairway they were on. It was a basic drawing, ready to be altered to fit the needs of whatever plot the group decided on.

You got a few odd looks at that. You would not really have time to draw much in the time you had to work with, even speed drawings took a few minutes to do so you would have to work with very basic figures it might take the Technocrats a minute or a minute and a half to get down to the first floor if that, and the elevator would arrive at about that time as well.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:56 am

[Roseline Apartments]

Anja wrote:"That is a pretty good idea Mr Yager."
Helena said and nodded.
"Messing with their perception of the stairs, having them see Vera Milliner perhaps not so much so since if they know anything about Massassa, they will know that Miss Milliner could not possible be out running in the stairs right now, but making them run the wrong way...go for it do it."

"Finally, I get a not terrible idea." Serge said with a wide smile on his face. "My hand gonna feel like shit tomorrow though. But who cares! Let's hope their to focus on the task to pay close attention to their surroundings."

Anja wrote:You got a few odd looks at that. You would not really have time to draw much in the time you had to work with, even speed drawings took a few minutes to do so you would have to work with very basic figures it might take the Technocrats a minute or a minute and a half to get down to the first floor if that, and the elevator would arrive at about that time as well.

In the situation they were in, Serge realized he wouldn't be able to draw any complicated. He needed a way to make things simpler. Thankfully, he was lucky that this particular group was very diverse. With nearly every member being of a very different ethnicity. He could focus on only their very distinctive faces, leaving the boring same suited bodies out of the drawing. He also didn't need to draw the stairways if he focused on only the doors and confusing the Union members with those.

He planned it out in his head. He could draw it as a simple cartoon, reminiscent of looney toons and the many hunters who spectacularly failed at kidnapping the wabbit. 4 different heads, after a long trip down the stairs, eagerly entering a door with a large number one next to it. However if one look closely at this door label they would realize that the number was crudely spray painted on, a fact that the poor cartoon Union members failed to notice. Those who looked even closer would notice the door they were entering though was marked with the Hagalaz rune....

(OOC: Would Serge have enough time to draw the picture explained above or would that require an art roll?)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:20 am

[Roseline Apartments]

Finally, I get a not terrible idea." Serge said with a wide smile on his face. "My hand gonna feel like shit tomorrow though. But who cares! Let's hope their to focus on the task to pay close attention to their surroundings."

"Yes let us hope so Mr Yager, if we can avoid an confrontation with them that would be for the best."
Helena said and nodded.

In the situation they were in, Serge realized he wouldn't be able to draw any complicated. He needed a way to make things simpler. Thankfully, he was lucky that this particular group was very diverse. With nearly every member being of a very different ethnicity. He could focus on only their very distinctive faces, leaving the boring same suited bodies out of the drawing. He also didn't need to draw the stairways if he focused on only the doors and confusing the Union members with those.

He planned it out in his head. He could draw it as a simple cartoon, reminiscent of looney toons and the many hunters who spectacularly failed at kidnapping the wabbit. 4 different heads, after a long trip down the stairs, eagerly entering a door with a large number one next to it. However if one look closely at this door label they would realize that the number was crudely spray painted on, a fact that the poor cartoon Union members failed to notice. Those who looked even closer would notice the door they were entering though was marked with the Hagalaz rune....

Quick sctzhes are one of the things recomended by art schools to teach students to draw and get a idea for movement and form, but they where pretty simple, you could make a simple drawing quickly though, getting it to look loony toon like though would be hard in that little time but you could draw something that would represent what you wanted and be recognizable as the Technocrats.

(OOC: Yes give me an art roll please to see if Serge can draw a recognizable enough image in that little time.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:51 am

[Roseline Apartments]

Anja wrote:Quick sketches are one of the things recommended by art schools to teach students to draw and get a idea for movement and form, but they where pretty simple, you could make a simple drawing quickly though, getting it to look loony toon like though would be hard in that little time but you could draw something that would represent what you wanted and be recognizable as the Technocrats.

Serge's pencil danced across the paper, drawing upon the years of experience he had accumulated. The cultist work only suffered by the speed at which he was working, needing to create the drawing in the less than idea circumstances. Despite this he didn't falter and did his best to create the drawing worthy of his reality-changing imagination.

(OOC: Dex + Art [Drawing specialty]: 3, 5, 3, 10, 6, 4)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:54 am

[Narim's room]

"Yes he is in his room, I can ask him...that would be nice to have someone here to talk with."
The Virtual Adept replied and he nodded.

This seemed to set him obviously at more ease than he was a moment ago, and he he nodded. "That sounds good, then."

// have fun at the con, Warp : )

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:04 am

[Roseline Apartments]

Serge's pencil danced across the paper, drawing upon the years of experience he had accumulated. The cultist work only suffered by the speed at which he was working, needing to create the drawing in the less than idea circumstances. Despite this he didn't falter and did his best to create the drawing worthy of his reality-changing imagination.

You managed to draw the scene you wanted, the drawing was not as good as if you had the time to put more details in but it would work for casting your spell. Bruce glanced at your drawing pad and he gave a nod.
"Impressive."
He grunted.

(OOC: That works you can do your Arete roll and that is minus one diff.)

[Narim's room]

This seemed to set him obviously at more ease than he was a moment ago, and he he nodded. "That sounds good, then."

"It do I will call him right away."
Narim pulled out his phone to call Adjan.
"Mr Terach are you busy at the moment...ok can I ask a favor...there have been some trouble here, I will tell you about them later, but Adley would feel better and frankly so would I we where two here...yes I was attacked...ok thank you I will put the coffee on and thank you Mr Terach."
The Virtual Adept put his phone down again and looked at you.
"Mr Terach say he will be right up."

(OOC: Yes have fun Warp.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:01 am

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"I did have a good Mentor indeed, she takes no bullshit and can be terrifying, but she is a good Mentor."
The hedge wizard said and smiled.
"Well you will be a good teacher for your apprentice Sir so you have that."
Colin smiled, "Thank you. I try. It's something of a work in progress, I suppose..."

[Freddy's Apartment]
Anja wrote:"Well yes I do study that part of reality but it is not my main focus but I guess I will get better at it if I am going to make hanging programs as apps...hum...it is still a bit weird..."
Freddy said and she smiled a little.
He smiled wryly and nodded, "It is a little weird, yes. You get used to it. Hopefully."

Anja wrote:"Good idea I will do that."
Freddy said and nodded.
"Are Beatrice sick?"
She asked and frowned.
He shook his head, "Thank Heavens, no - she dropped into a Seeking while looking after Anna. A bit of a peculiarity, since that would correspond with when Adley dropped into one, briefly, too..."

[George's Apartment]
Anja wrote:The ancient Hermetic got a serious look on his face as he busied himself with making two cups of tea and giving you one while he took the other.
"This I can do. Our minds are not just our brain...I can cast a spell to keep her mind intact and well and then help it get back into her brain once it is healed."
He said and nodded.
"You think that will stop this sickness?"
He accepted the teacup and sat down in the indicated chair, "Thank you, Sir... She's afraid she'll no longer be her after she wakes up. This will go a long way in reassuring her, at least. And yes, we've found that the plague is based on stolen brain tissues from Freddy, from when she was captured by the Union... Oddly, her body rejects cybernetics, and this peculiarity was used to create an artificial disease which apparently triggers a strong rejection response in anyone who has electronic implants - pacemakers, robotic limbs, anything more sophisticated than a piece of artificial bone. Removing Freddy's genetic material from everywhere in the world, both Earthside and in the Umbra, all at once and bringing it back into her should render the plague completely inert and harmless in lieu of a payload, as it were. I... have a glimpse of three years in the future; at that point, it had worked perfectly, though Freddy had been... not entirely well for some time after the operation. There were other details I learned from that timeline, too, which we are already dealing with - the discovery that Wallace Jace has returned as a ghost, and so on, and we have the man who commissioned the plague from Jace in the basement cell, under guard."

((OOC: It was a fun game. And in two hours' time, I'm off for a while, unlikely to post until late Sunday. See y'all then - don't blow up Boston in my absence. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 30 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next