Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37

5 posters

Page 15 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 30  Next

Go down

Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37 - Page 15 Empty Re: Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:24 pm

[Narim's Room]

Anja's Post:

'It's a silver BMW and a Tesla. No plate numbers or nothing, and that building was full of silver BMW's, so you'll have to trawl through camera footage to locate the right one.' Nicole replied. 'I'm hoping we can simply do a repeat with the next target - this one went well enough.'

Serge's Post:

'Yeah, need to find out what his next target is...'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37 - Page 15 Empty Re: Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:03 pm

[Narim's Room]

"No problem. I'll head down later and see if he's free." Serge said with a nod.

"Thank you I appreciate it Mr Yager."
Narim replied with a smile.

'It's a silver BMW and a Tesla. No plate numbers or nothing, and that building was full of silver BMW's, so you'll have to trawl through camera footage to locate the right one.' Nicole replied. 'I'm hoping we can simply do a repeat with the next target - this one went well enough.'

"I will see what I can do but I will have to do so in a way which will not draw the Union's attention to me and make sure they can not follow the signal back here."
The Virtual Adept said.
"Yes it seamed the last mission went pretty well, hopefully we have a new address soon."
He agreed.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:08 pm

[Narim's Room]

Nicole wrote:'It's a silver BMW and a Tesla. No plate numbers or nothing, and that building was full of silver BMW's, so you'll have to trawl through camera footage to locate the right one.' Nicole replied. 'I'm hoping we can simply do a repeat with the next target - this one went well enough.'
Anja wrote:"I will see what I can do but I will have to do so in a way which will not draw the Union's attention to me and make sure they can not follow the signal back here."
The Virtual Adept said.
"Yes it seamed the last mission went pretty well, hopefully we have a new address soon."
He agreed.

"Well...a repeat minus the Union guys hopefully."

Nicole wrote:'Yeah, need to find out what his next target is...'

"Wonder who it'll be. Another small time vampire? The big bad vampire? Jace's Lab?" Serge pondered to himself.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:30 pm

[Narim's Apartment]

Anja's Post:

'Of course... you do what can be done. You know where the Chief is right now?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:32 pm

[Basement]
Jeremy wrote:"...you've gotta be kidding me. I'm getting real sick of hearing his name." Serge said with an exasperated sigh. "We probably should've seen this coming. Mad scientist always have plans for after there death. "
Colin nodded, "Quite so. Still, we had advance warning this time around, so he did not catch us by surprise in this timeline... I saw one where he... had succeeded, three years hence, and that was... not an acceptable outcome. That time around, we lost Master Sharaya..."

Anja wrote:"Well I know there are ways to temporarily put Resonance to the side, I can not cast the spell but I know it can be done, I have never heard about complete cleansing of Resonance though but it would be really practical if possible, while waiting for that though Resonance will eventually bleed of...eventually."
Richard said as he checked Antonio's bag, inverted it a few times and then pulled the needle out of the man's arm, this caused a whimper and a sharp "ouch!" from the Scribe. Richard gave the Hermetic a concerned look as he tended to his arm.
"Did I hurt you Adeptus?"
He asked and Antonio gave a wry smile.
"No not at all I just like the sound of the word ouch."
Richard chuckle at that.
"Well you are good to go Sir but take it easy up the stairs and get something to eat and drink from the kitchen."
He said as he helped Antonio to his feet.
"I will do so...feel better soon Master Nassa and you as well Miss Rozzo."
He said, Amadeus gave him a bit of a smile and nodded.
"Thank you Mr Riez."
Bianca looked up and nodded but she was in quite a bit of pain and she did not reply, something which made Amadeus give his former apprentice a concerned look. Richard came over to you to check on you and he sigh.
"Yes well as it is now, your degree of Jhor is not dangerous, it makes you less...lively but is not dangerous but do not get more of it ok or it will be worse than malaria...and we would not want you to rot."
He nodded, "I have noticed a certain... grimmer trend to my sense of humour in the past months, as well as this slight pallor and the issue with my surface blood vessels, but not really much of an issue beyond that. As for how to permanently be rid of the stuff - I think it might be possible to channel clean Quintessence through an afflicted Mage and excrete it again as highly Resonated Tass, but... that is a simplification of the hypothesis, and it will obviously come with its own problems. But I think it can be done. Might require quite a bit of Quintessence to do so, though."

Anja wrote:You got a reply back.
"He says he do not know where Jace got the samples and he says to tell his familiar to take care of herself and be safe and to stop showing her asshole to everyone, it is just rude."
He smiled wryly and typed back, 'That seems to confirm Jace still has other contacts in the Union. Oh, and is the Federal Reserve building a Union Construct? And for what it's worth, wish him luck. He may be an unrepentant ass, but he's going to need it, enemy or not.'

He frowned and typed a quick message to Morgan and Narim, 'Mrs. Von H. confirmed F.M.'s location - will tell you once I'm done donating blood.'
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:37 pm

[Common Room]

"Yes our guest here do seam to be lacking manners, a lesser man might have decided to make a feather pillow out of her."
Jeffry said...

"She's just trying to goad us..." he said with a scowl.

"Yes off course that will be quite soon enough, lock our guest up in a cupboard, with a guard in the meantime."
Your Mentor agreed after he had read the message.

He nodded, and texted back to Colin, 'After that is sufficient.' Then he put the phone away and nodded to Darrian. "I will clear out the cupboard first," he offered.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:49 pm

[Basement]

Colin wrote:Colin nodded, "Quite so. Still, we had advance warning this time around, so he did not catch us by surprise in this timeline... I saw one where he... had succeeded, three years hence, and that was... not an acceptable outcome. That time around, we lost Master Sharaya..."

"Well...I'm glad I'm not in that timeline." Serge said grimly, the thought of anyone he knew making him feel uneasy.

[Narim's Apartment]

Nicole wrote:'Of course... you do what can be done. You know where the Chief is right now?'

"Common room or basement is my guess." Serge said glancing at Narim to see if he was right.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:00 pm

[Narim's Room]

"Well...a repeat minus the Union guys hopefully."

"Yes indeed hopefully so."
Narim replied.

'Of course... you do what can be done. You know where the Chief is right now?'

"He is still in the common room Miss Bouchard."
The Virtual Adept replied.

"Common room or basement is my guess." Serge said glancing at Narim to see if he was right.

"Mr Yager is correct he is at..."
Narim begun then his phone ping and he checked it.
"Ah Mr Wainwright says Mrs Von Hess have found the location of Mr Milliner you better do down and see the Chief as he is headed the same way so you can coordinate efforts."
The Virtual Adept suggested.

[Basement]

He nodded, "I have noticed a certain... grimmer trend to my sense of humour in the past months, as well as this slight pallor and the issue with my surface blood vessels, but not really much of an issue beyond that.

"Yes do not let it get worse."
Richard warned with a frown.

As for how to permanently be rid of the stuff - I think it might be possible to channel clean Quintessence through an afflicted Mage and excrete it again as highly Resonated Tass, but... that is a simplification of the hypothesis, and it will obviously come with its own problems. But I think it can be done. Might require quite a bit of Quintessence to do so, though."

"Hum...yes that is possible...I honestly do not know enough about the relevant arts to tell."
The Akashic said.
"But I hope it can be figured out, there are many mages who suffer under a build up of Resonance."

He smiled wryly and typed back, 'That seems to confirm Jace still has other contacts in the Union. Oh, and is the Federal Reserve building a Union Construct? And for what it's worth, wish him luck. He may be an unrepentant ass, but he's going to need it, enemy or not.'

You got a reply back.
"He says that yes Jace have other contacts but he do not know who and also yes the Federal Building in Boston is a Construct, a Syndicate stronghold, it was his home, also he says thank you though he think luck will help little when his patrons decide to divvy him up like a bit of cake."

He frowned and typed a quick message to Morgan and Narim, 'Mrs. Von H. confirmed F.M.'s location - will tell you once I'm done donating blood.'

You got a reply from Narim which said.
"Very well, I will inform Miss B and Mr Y as well."

A reply from Jeffry came in just as Richard removed the needle from your arm and pressed a bit of gauze against the wound before he begun to cast a spell, the heal the little wound completely, not because it needed healing but because it would worry Anna if she saw the mark on you.

"To Mr Wainwright
Very well I am still in the common room, come see me when you are done.
Be Well
JM"

[Common Room]

She's just trying to goad us..." he said with a scowl.

"He figured it out, perhaps there is a bit of brain in there anyway."
Ruin said and Jeffry raised an eyebrow.
"Unpleasant bird."
He commented.

He nodded, and texted back to Colin, 'After that is sufficient.' Then he put the phone away and nodded to Darrian. "I will clear out the cupboard first," he offered.

"That will be helpful, thank you."
Darrian said as he stood up and ordered Ruin onto his shoulder, the bird sigh but complied.
"I will bring our guest."
The Solificato said as he headed towards the kitchen.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:04 pm

[Narim's Apartment]

Anja's Post:

'Well, let's head off there.' giving Serge a "let's go" nod, perhaps forgetting for a moment that technically she didn't have the authority to order Serge to do anything.

Anja's Post:

'Which may be wrong. Perhaps checking phone and car logs may provide confirmation?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:07 pm

[Narim's Apartment]

'Which may be wrong. Perhaps checking phone and car logs may provide confirmation?'

"I will do so, however I have never known Mrs Von Hess to be wrong with her dowsing if she have the right arcane connections to work with."
Narim replied.
"The woman have my full confidence."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:25 pm

[Narim's Apartment]

'There is always the chance that while she is 100% right, she asked the wrong question.' Nicole replied. 'And it's always good to "measure twice, cut once", no?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:32 pm

[Narim's Apartment]

"I agree it is always better to check things twice Miss Bouchard, but I also think that when I check the cars they will not show the same address, it is extremely unlikely Vera Milliner knows or have gone to visit wherever her father sleeps, vampires are extremely paranoid, so if she visits him, and being his daughter and childe she likely do, that is probably not the same location that he sleeps in."
Narim said with a sigh.
"But I will check the cars and the phones, at least with the phones we have a chance to find another number inactive during the day."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:33 pm

[Narim's Room]

Anja wrote:"Mr Yager is correct he is at..."
Narim begun then his phone ping and he checked it.
"Ah Mr Wainwright says Mrs Von Hess have found the location of Mr Milliner you better do down and see the Chief as he is headed the same way so you can coordinate efforts."
The Virtual Adept suggested.
Nicole wrote:'Well, let's head off there.' giving Serge a "let's go" nod, perhaps forgetting for a moment that technically she didn't have the authority to order Serge to do anything.

"At least going down the stairs is easier." Serge said with a sigh, following behind his cabalmate down to the common room. "So looks like Papa Milliner is the next target."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:04 pm

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"Well...I'm glad I'm not in that timeline." Serge said grimly, the thought of anyone he knew making him feel uneasy.
Colin frowned, "We're not in that timeline... yet. We still haven't averted it. Not until Wallace Jace is given his one way ticket to Hell."

Anja wrote:"Hum...yes that is possible...I honestly do not know enough about the relevant arts to tell."
The Akashic said.
"But I hope it can be figured out, there are many mages who suffer under a build up of Resonance."
He nodded, "I suspect it may be easier to perform with inanimate objects. Or at least, it will be safer to test the theoretical work with heavily resonated objects, like an Umbral ship."

Anja wrote:You got a reply back.
"He says that yes Jace have other contacts but he do not know who and also yes the Federal Building in Boston is a Construct, a Syndicate stronghold, it was his home, also he says thank you though he think luck will help little when his patrons decide to divvy him up like a bit of cake."
He frowned, glancing around at the others, "Bugger, I was afraid of that... Morgan's not going to like this. Best get your asbestos undergarments on, the building might get hot."

Anja wrote:You got a reply from Narim which said.
"Very well, I will inform Miss B and Mr Y as well."

A reply from Jeffry came in just as Richard removed the needle from your arm and pressed a bit of gauze against the wound before he begun to cast a spell, the heal the little wound completely, not because it needed healing but because it would worry Anna if she saw the mark on you.

"To Mr Wainwright
Very well I am still in the common room, come see me when you are done.
Be Well
JM"
He sighed, then paused, handing Richard the syringe, "Ah, by the way, when you incinerate your gloves, would you kindly dispose of this, as well? The vampire blood has served its purpose, and would be unsafe and inappropriate to retain further."

He shook his head and started the trek back upstairs again, not really noticing he was still tracking bits of Dahl over the freshly mopped floor, before stepping back into the common room and making a beeline for Morgan, "Sir, you're not going to like this... The Union got to Milliner first, it seems; he's in the Federal Reserve building, 600 Atlantic Avenue... a Syndicate construct and Mr. Dahl's old address. Getting him out will prove... needlessly difficult, if realistically possible under the circumstances."
Glancing around, he arched an eyebrow, "Ah, where did you put the bird? Not on the menu, I hope?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:26 pm

[Narim's Apartment]

Anja's Post:

'True. But doesn't hurt to look. Plus, we might not be able to get to the target.' Nicole replied, nodding. 'But we'll get out of your hair...' moving towards the door - exiting it, unless the Adept had anything else to mention.

Serge's Post:

'Perhaps. Which is why we're going to see the Chief. He's the only guy with the whole picture... or at least what passes as the whole picture.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:23 am

[Basement]

He nodded, "I suspect it may be easier to perform with inanimate objects. Or at least, it will be safer to test the theoretical work with heavily resonated objects, like an Umbral ship."

"That is quite possible indeed. I do not really know though as I do not know enough about such things, but if that is possible then perhaps if one put a person's Resonance temporary into an object which I have heard have been done and then one can cleanse that object perhaps."
Richard speculated.

He frowned, glancing around at the others, "Bugger, I was afraid of that... Morgan's not going to like this. Best get your asbestos undergarments on, the building might get hot."

"What have happened now?"
The Akashic asked sounding alarmed.
"Something we need to be aware of?"

He sighed, then paused, handing Richard the syringe, "Ah, by the way, when you incinerate your gloves, would you kindly dispose of this, as well? The vampire blood has served its purpose, and would be unsafe and inappropriate to retain further."

Richard took the syringe very carefully with a look of disgust on his face and wrapped it in some used gloved.
"I will make sure it is disposed of."
He promised.
"Ugh...vampire blood."
He said with disgust.

[Common Room]

He shook his head and started the trek back upstairs again, not really noticing he was still tracking bits of Dahl over the freshly mopped floor, before stepping back into the common room and making a beeline for Morgan, "Sir, you're not going to like this... The Union got to Milliner first, it seems; he's in the Federal Reserve building, 600 Atlantic Avenue... a Syndicate construct and Mr. Dahl's old address. Getting him out will prove... needlessly difficult, if realistically possible under the circumstances."

Jeffry turned from where he had been discussing something with Mr Von Hess, and the heat rised in the room and a string of Greek came from him.
"Damned...Union...that is going to complicate things."
He said and sigh.
"We can not just attack a construct to take one of their prisoners. Is there anyone else you can think of who might have the needed knowledge we can target instead Mr Wainwright?"

Glancing around, he arched an eyebrow, "Ah, where did you put the bird? Not on the menu, I hope?"

"I have not turned her into soup but I did want to discuss that with you Mr Wainwright, let us go to my office it seams there are quite a few things to discuss."
The old mage said and he indicated you should follow him towards his office.

[Narim's Room]

True. But doesn't hurt to look. Plus, we might not be able to get to the target.' Nicole replied, nodding. 'But we'll get out of your hair...' moving towards the door - exiting it, unless the Adept had anything else to mention.

"This is true and look I will."
Narim nodded.
"Ah by the way if you are still going to see the Chief he just moved towards his office so you might catch him there."
He informed you.

[Jeffry's office]

Colin and Jeffry got to the Chief's tiny office first and the old mage begun.
"Adley said that you had some plans for our prisoner...the kaka bird so I thought you would get a chance to inform me what those plans are before I execute her."
He said and he indicated a chair for you to sit on.
"The bird is dangerous if she is to be kept alive for your plans adequate containment will have to be arranged."
He added sternly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:28 am

[Narim's Room]

Anja wrote:"This is true and look I will."
Narim nodded.
"Ah by the way if you are still going to see the Chief he just moved towards his office so you might catch him there."
He informed you.

"Really? He moves fast. All right we'll head there now. See ya later Master Sharaya." Serge said with a wave of farewell, as he walked alongside his cabalmate to Master Morgan's office.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:32 am

[Narim's Room]

"Well Jeffry's office is right across the hall from the Common room so he do not have to move that fast."
Narim said sounding a bit amused.
"Yes see you later Mr Yager take care."
The Virtual Adept said and he waved as well as you and Nicole left.

(OOC: I will let Nicole reply to see if she want to do anything else before heading to the Chief's office before having you guys arriving.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:22 am

[Common Room]

"He figured it out, perhaps there is a bit of brain in there anyway."
Ruin said and Jeffry raised an eyebrow.
"Unpleasant bird."

His eyes narrowed again, less in anger than in thoughtfulness. "As one would expect."

"That will be helpful, thank you."
Darrian said..."I will bring our guest."
The Solificato said as he headed towards the kitchen.

"Of course, you will take care of the other matters, so I will help where I can." He went into the kitchen and looked around for a place that would be appropriate and out of the way, where Mundi could keep an eye on them easily. Then he began to remove the contents. "It's not the Biltmore but it will do," he said, as he cleared it.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:00 am

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"That is quite possible indeed. I do not really know though as I do not know enough about such things, but if that is possible then perhaps if one put a person's Resonance temporary into an object which I have heard have been done and then one can cleanse that object perhaps."
Richard speculated.
Colin nodded, "It's worth testing."

Anja wrote:"What have happened now?"
The Akashic asked sounding alarmed.
"Something we need to be aware of?"
He shook his head, "Union got one of our targets first, it seems... It just means we have to reconsider our battle plan slightly."

Anja wrote:Richard took the syringe very carefully with a look of disgust on his face and wrapped it in some used gloved.
"I will make sure it is disposed of."
He promised.
"Ugh...vampire blood."
He said with disgust.
He nodded, "It has its uses, though. None of them particularly nice, but nevertheless... Thank you."

[Common Room]
Anja wrote:Jeffry turned from where he had been discussing something with Mr Von Hess, and the heat rised in the room and a string of Greek came from him.
"Damned...Union...that is going to complicate things."
He said and sigh.
"We can not just attack a construct to take one of their prisoners. Is there anyone else you can think of who might have the needed knowledge we can target instead Mr Wainwright?"
He pondered, "Honestly, Sir, seeing as we already got Dahl, and we've got leads on Jace himself, I don't know that we really need Milliner anymore, save for ensuring his execution... I honestly doubt he would be able to provide us any more background details at this stage than we already have, being only the distributor of the plague."

Anja wrote:"I have not turned her into soup but I did want to discuss that with you Mr Wainwright, let us go to my office it seams there are quite a few things to discuss."
The old mage said and he indicated you should follow him towards his office.
He nodded, "Right you are, Sir. We also need to discuss Miss Milliner's fate."

[Jeffry's office]
Anja wrote:Colin and Jeffry got to the Chief's tiny office first and the old mage begun.
"Adley said that you had some plans for our prisoner...the kaka bird so I thought you would get a chance to inform me what those plans are before I execute her."
He said and he indicated a chair for you to sit on.
"The bird is dangerous if she is to be kept alive for your plans adequate containment will have to be arranged."
He added sternly.
He eased himself into the indicated chair, "Ah, thank you, Sir, I was beginning to feel a little light-headed... I don't so much have plans for the bird, as a few ideas for using her spiritual inclinations toward our own purposes - someone will try to assassinate Dr. Helen Mossly on Horizon soon, and if we can find the name of the would-be assassin or assassins, the bird might be perfect for the task of ruining their every attempt. Failing that, we might find it amusing to send the bird as a gift to a certain Quaesitor, though that would likely be needlessly cruel to the poor bird. But for now, I don't have enough intel to formulate a full-fledged plan. I do, however, have a last message from Eric Dahl to the bird, and I should very much like to get to deliver that prior to any execution."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:45 am

[Common Room]

His eyes narrowed again, less in anger than in thoughtfulness. "As one would expect."

"Yes it would surprise me more if a Nephandus had a pleasant familiar."
Jeffry said and frowned.
Ruin seamed pleased with her annoyance skills.

"Of course, you will take care of the other matters, so I will help where I can." He went into the kitchen and looked around for a place that would be appropriate and out of the way, where Mundi could keep an eye on them easily. Then he began to remove the contents. "It's not the Biltmore but it will do," he said, as he cleared it.

One of the cabunets holding pots and pans would do, so you pulled out several of them while Darrian took a bag of spagetti, poured a few drops of something of it and then he had hey for the make shift cage and then he went to find a soy sauce dish for water.
"It will have to do."
The alchemist said as he handed you the key to spread on the floor of the cabinet.
"My friend will make sure she stays put."

[Basement]

Colin nodded, "It's worth testing."

"Agreed."
Richard said and he nodded.

He shook his head, "Union got one of our targets first, it seems... It just means we have to reconsider our battle plan slightly."

"That is not good."
The Akashic said and frowned.
"What do we do now then?"

He nodded, "It has its uses, though. None of them particularly nice, but nevertheless... Thank you."

"I do think just getting this burned will make me feel a whole lot better I do not like to store something that could harm my Avatar, and when you think about it this is in effect a Gilgul shot, if it where to be injected into someone recently dead so...yeah kill it with fire."
Your Cabalmate said and shuddered.

[Common Room]

He pondered, "Honestly, Sir, seeing as we already got Dahl, and we've got leads on Jace himself, I don't know that we really need Milliner anymore, save for ensuring his execution... I honestly doubt he would be able to provide us any more background details at this stage than we already have, being only the distributor of the plague."

"You may be right Mr Wainwright and if Milliner are captured by the Union I doubt he will fare much better than with us, but I still would have liked to interrogate him."
Jeffry said, the room temperature saying he was still angry. Adley probably also felt the room temperature rise out in the kitchen indicating his Mentor was not well pleased about something.

He nodded, "Right you are, Sir. We also need to discuss Miss Milliner's fate."

"As I have said before I want to woman interrogated, but if she have had nothing to do with this whole situation I would want her to be released with an apology as soon as night falls and we can do so safely, with our faces and names slightly blurred from her and her servant's mind."
Jeffry said and he was about to enter his office when Helena came back down the stairs, she had probably gone to check on her student.
"I felt the temperature rise are all well Pater."
She asked and Jeffry nodded and frowned at her wounded arm.
"Yes mea filia just...irksome news."
"Ok good to hear, let me know if you need me."
She said and then she smiled to you.
"You are Mr Wainwright are you not? I remember you, if I am not mistaken you moved in just months before I left Steelhaven for Telana after my Gauntlet. It is nice to see you again Sir."
The younger Flambeau said.

[Jeffry's office]

He eased himself into the indicated chair, "Ah, thank you, Sir, I was beginning to feel a little light-headed...

"Ah...yes you donated blood...let me see...ah yes here it is you should probably eat something."
Jeffry said and he put a snickers bar, a small bag of nut snacks and a unopened bottle of orange juice before you on the desk.
"The nuts I keep here if I get hungry when working late and the chocolate, well Kyle gave it to me, I have not had the heart to tell him that I do not really like sweet chocolate so it have just remained in my desk."

I don't so much have plans for the bird, as a few ideas for using her spiritual inclinations toward our own purposes - someone will try to assassinate Dr. Helen Mossly on Horizon soon, and if we can find the name of the would-be assassin or assassins, the bird might be perfect for the task of ruining their every attempt. Failing that, we might find it amusing to send the bird as a gift to a certain Quaesitor, though that would likely be needlessly cruel to the poor bird. But for now, I don't have enough intel to formulate a full-fledged plan. I do, however, have a last message from Eric Dahl to the bird, and I should very much like to get to deliver that prior to any execution."

"Sending a spirit to attack a fellow Traditionalist are illegal even if one suspect them of a crime Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said as he filled his coffee cup and looked at you to see if you wanted one as well.
"But yes Ruin is a powerful being but I would be concerned about long term containment if we are to keep her alive. You may off course speak to her prioer to her execution and also to be clear I am talking about ending her current physical existence, not the spirit she is at her core, this I will merely banish back from where it came."
The old Hermetic said with a sigh.
"If you have any ideas for containing her I will consider them but if not we really can not risk keeping her."

(OOC: Gilgul shot...hum well that is was a syringe full of vampire blood is...well now that is some nightmare fodder right there.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:40 am

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"That is not good."
The Akashic said and frowned.
"What do we do now then?"
Colin shrugged, "We adjust our priorities, and find ways to compensate. And, of course, KBO."

Anja wrote:"I do think just getting this burned will make me feel a whole lot better I do not like to store something that could harm my Avatar, and when you think about it this is in effect a Gilgul shot, if it where to be injected into someone recently dead so...yeah kill it with fire."
Your Cabalmate said and shuddered.
He grimaced, "Yes... or into a living Mage, it's a slow gilgul as a highly addictive drug..."

[Common Room]
Anja wrote:"You may be right Mr Wainwright and if Milliner are captured by the Union I doubt he will fare much better than with us, but I still would have liked to interrogate him."
Jeffry said, the room temperature saying he was still angry. Adley probably also felt the room temperature rise out in the kitchen indicating his Mentor was not well pleased about something.
He nodded, "Quite so - if only to get his statements to add to our efforts to smooth things over with the Prince afterwards..."

Anja wrote:"As I have said before I want to woman interrogated, but if she have had nothing to do with this whole situation I would want her to be released with an apology as soon as night falls and we can do so safely, with our faces and names slightly blurred from her and her servant's mind."
Jeffry said and he was about to enter his office when Helena came back down the stairs, she had probably gone to check on her student.
"I felt the temperature rise are all well Pater."
She asked and Jeffry nodded and frowned at her wounded arm.
"Yes mea filia just...irksome news."
"Ok good to hear, let me know if you need me."
She said and then she smiled to you.
"You are Mr Wainwright are you not? I remember you, if I am not mistaken you moved in just months before I left Steelhaven for Telana after my Gauntlet. It is nice to see you again Sir."
The younger Flambeau said.
He nodded to Morgan, then bowed and arched an eyebrow as Helena addressed him, "Ah, er, yes, I am... We met earlier today at Logan International, though. I can't fault you for it slipping your mind, what with the blast. Not to worry, Dr. Lee would not let you wander off with serious head trauma left untreated."

[Jeffry's office]
Anja wrote:"Ah...yes you donated blood...let me see...ah yes here it is you should probably eat something."
Jeffry said and he put a snickers bar, a small bag of nut snacks and a unopened bottle of orange juice before you on the desk.
"The nuts I keep here if I get hungry when working late and the chocolate, well Kyle gave it to me, I have not had the heart to tell him that I do not really like sweet chocolate so it have just remained in my desk."
He smiled and took the Snickers bar and juice, "Thank you, Sir - I'd better make sure the chocolate bar doesn't go to waste, then. And I'll see if I can subtly hint to him that you prefer the more bitter treats."
He unwrapped it, "Hm, looks like it has partly melted and then hardened again a number of times..."

Anja wrote:"Sending a spirit to attack a fellow Traditionalist are illegal even if one suspect them of a crime Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said as he filled his coffee cup and looked at you to see if you wanted one as well.
"But yes Ruin is a powerful being but I would be concerned about long term containment if we are to keep her alive. You may off course speak to her prioer to her execution and also to be clear I am talking about ending her current physical existence, not the spirit she is at her core, this I will merely banish back from where it came."
The old Hermetic said with a sigh.
"If you have any ideas for containing her I will consider them but if not we really can not risk keeping her."
He quickly chewed down a bite of the chocolate bar, "I know, it would require the right timing to stop the assassin, and there would likely be no such thing against the Quaesitor. I'm afraid I don't have any good ideas for containing her, outside of nailing her to a perch in a cage, but somehow, I don't think that would be a good idea in the first place. Hum, it might be possible to make a new pact with her after she is returned to her spirit form, but then, she's not necessarily the safe type of spirit to keep around, unlike a couple of others I could mention..."

((OOC: You know the bar is edgy when they have Gilgul on the list of shots...)
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:50 pm

[Basement]

Colin shrugged, "We adjust our priorities, and find ways to compensate. And, of course, KBO."

"I guess you are right. The Chief will not be happy though."
Richard said and sigh.

He grimaced, "Yes... or into a living Mage, it's a slow gilgul as a highly addictive drug..."

"Yeah you are right...that is pretty scary actually."
The Akashic said and he gave the syringe a dirty look.
"I have to attend to my patients but I will make sure this is incinerated."
He promised.

[Common Room]

He nodded, "Quite so - if only to get his statements to add to our efforts to smooth things over with the Prince afterwards..."

"Yes indeed so."
Jeffry said with a frown.
"Well i guess we have to play the hand we are dealt instead of lamenting the cards we do not have."

He nodded to Morgan, then bowed and arched an eyebrow as Helena addressed him, "Ah, er, yes, I am... We met earlier today at Logan International, though. I can't fault you for it slipping your mind, what with the blast. Not to worry, Dr. Lee would not let you wander off with serious head trauma left untreated."

Helena looked confused for a moment then she smiled a bit apologetically.
"Yes off course when you met up with the Euthanathos...I remember now...yeah I got a concussion, it is healed but a few details from today is a bit hazy, Dr Lee says I can do things though, but he have ordered me not to use this hand and arm for a few days, which will force me to cast spells one handed...which will be anoying."
She said and she scowled down at her wounded arm.
"Make sure you deed the doctor's advice."
Jeffry said and Helena sigh and looked down.
"Yes pater."
The she turned to you.
"Sorry again Mr Wainwright...I promise I am not usually such a spatz."

[Jeffry's office]

He smiled and took the Snickers bar and juice, "Thank you, Sir - I'd better make sure the chocolate bar doesn't go to waste, then. And I'll see if I can subtly hint to him that you prefer the more bitter treats."
He unwrapped it, "Hm, looks like it has partly melted and then hardened again a number of times..."

"Ah yes...sorry about that."
Jeffry said with a wry smile.
"It just happens, hopefully it is still good, and yes the boy mean well and his little gifts are touching, but modern candy are just to sweet, there are so much sugar in everything these days it is a wonder not half the planet have honey sickness."

He quickly chewed down a bite of the chocolate bar, "I know, it would require the right timing to stop the assassin, and there would likely be no such thing against the Quaesitor. I'm afraid I don't have any good ideas for containing her, outside of nailing her to a perch in a cage, but somehow, I don't think that would be a good idea in the first place. Hum, it might be possible to make a new pact with her after she is returned to her spirit form, but then, she's not necessarily the safe type of spirit to keep around, unlike a couple of others I could mention..."

"I do not want her hurt, the bird is anoying but the mental anguish for a familliar to loose their bonded, many die from the shock, she have suffered enough, but I also can not alow her to endanger the Chantry. Making a new contreact with the spirit though are acceptable if she is willing, she is a destructive spirit but there are always rules so that is acceptable, but in the form she is now, that is to dangerous and hard to contain."
The old Hermetic said.
"Unfortunatly banishing her is likely to kill the body she is in and I am not so sure her former bondsmate would be considerate enough to use a dead or dying body who's soul have vecated before bindng his familliar into it."
He said then he added.
"It is unusual for a Technocrat to have a familliar like this though, usually they do not contract with spirits like this..."
He mushed when you got a text message on your phone which said.

"Colin something have come up can you call me when you get the chance?"
Yje message was from Dino.

(OOC: I do not think I would even have coffee at that bar. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:04 pm

[Common Room]
Anja wrote:"Yes indeed so."
"Well i guess we have to play the hand we are dealt instead of lamenting the cards we do not have."
Colin nodded, "Quite so. At the very least, we have a good enough hand to stand a winning chance, since we manage to get a trump card by dumb luck."

Anja wrote:Helena looked confused for a moment then she smiled a bit apologetically.
"Yes off course when you met up with the Euthanathos...I remember now...yeah I got a concussion, it is healed but a few details from today is a bit hazy, Dr Lee says I can do things though, but he have ordered me not to use this hand and arm for a few days, which will force me to cast spells one handed...which will be anoying."
She said and she scowled down at her wounded arm.
"Make sure you deed the doctor's advice."
Jeffry said and Helena sigh and looked down.
"Yes pater."
The she turned to you.
"Sorry again Mr Wainwright...I promise I am not usually such a spatz."
He shook his head with a smile, "Not at all. Considering it was our Chantry that fell on your head, it's more our fault than yours."

[Jeffry's office]
Anja wrote:"Ah yes...sorry about that."
Jeffry said with a wry smile.
"It just happens, hopefully it is still good, and yes the boy mean well and his little gifts are touching, but modern candy are just to sweet, there are so much sugar in everything these days it is a wonder not half the planet have honey sickness."
He chuckled, "I don't know what will happen when I really come into my magic to the same degree as your control over fire. Perhaps guests will taste the dinner an hour before it is served? Or get hung over before I pour drinks? As for the... honey sickness, diabetes is on the rise, far more sharply since the bloody sugar industry started lobbying hard against fat and salt..."

Anja wrote:
"I do not want her hurt, the bird is anoying but the mental anguish for a familliar to loose their bonded, many die from the shock, she have suffered enough, but I also can not alow her to endanger the Chantry. Making a new contreact with the spirit though are acceptable if she is willing, she is a destructive spirit but there are always rules so that is acceptable, but in the form she is now, that is to dangerous and hard to contain."
The old Hermetic said.
"Unfortunatly banishing her is likely to kill the body she is in and I am not so sure her former bondsmate would be considerate enough to use a dead or dying body who's soul have vecated before bindng his familliar into it."
He said then he added.
"It is unusual for a Technocrat to have a familliar like this though, usually they do not contract with spirits like this..."
He mushed when you got a text message on your phone which said.

"Colin something have come up can you call me when you get the chance?"
Yje message was from Dino.
He pondered, "Seeing how the bird actually killed her bonded, I suppose that might affect how traumatic the loss is... And I'm not sure Dahl even believed enough in animals' spirits or souls to bother letting it pass before binding another spirit to it. But yes, it is odd for a Syndicate member, I suppose, but in terms of exchanges and contracts, I suppose it would be relatively within their purview, even if slightly... heretical."
He frowned, picking up his phone, "Ah, bugger, what is it now? Ah, sorry, Sir, it's our werewolf doctor acquaintance, apparently there's something urgent... If you'll pardon me for a moment?"

He quickly called Dino and listened.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:34 pm

[Common Room]

Colin nodded, "Quite so. At the very least, we have a good enough hand to stand a winning chance, since we manage to get a trump card by dumb luck."

"Yes we got lucky but we can not continue to assume luck will carry us to victory Mr Wainwright."

He shook his head with a smile, "Not at all. Considering it was our Chantry that fell on your head, it's more our fault than yours."

"I do think it was the exploding Nephandus' fault Sir."
Helena said with a little smile.
"Well please do not let me keep you I just wanted to say hello since I thought I had not done so...and I should check on my apprentice anyway."

[Jeffry's office]

He chuckled, "I don't know what will happen when I really come into my magic to the same degree as your control over fire. Perhaps guests will taste the dinner an hour before it is served? Or get hung over before I pour drinks? As for the... honey sickness, diabetes is on the rise, far more sharply since the bloody sugar industry started lobbying hard against fat and salt..."

"Well now that would take the fun out of drinking and the anticipation out of a good meal."
Jeffry said sounding a bit amused.
"Ah yes diabetes...that is what they call it now, one of my friends as a child died from it, they called it honey sickness since the patient's urine would smell like honey and they would get worse from sweets, few with the illness lived more than a few months after it was diagnosed back then there and there really was nothing one could do other than modify diet, and yes it do seam that sugar is all to popular these days."

He pondered, "Seeing how the bird actually killed her bonded, I suppose that might affect how traumatic the loss is... And I'm not sure Dahl even believed enough in animals' spirits or souls to bother letting it pass before binding another spirit to it. But yes, it is odd for a Syndicate member, I suppose, but in terms of exchanges and contracts, I suppose it would be relatively within their purview, even if slightly... heretical."

"Ruin saved her bonded from Gilgul, that might give some satisfaction but I would not think the lessen the blow much. Yes those Syndicate members who expand their Paradigms to include spirits often get good at making deals with them but still that expansion are a bit...unusual and yes the Union do not accept their members dealing with Spirits."
The Chief said.
"Well be that what it may getting a familiar spirit are hardly Mr Dahl's greatest crime against the Union's laws."

He frowned, picking up his phone, "Ah, bugger, what is it now? Ah, sorry, Sir, it's our werewolf doctor acquaintance, apparently there's something urgent... If you'll pardon me for a moment?"

He quickly called Dino and listened.

"Yes off course."
Jeffy said and he took a sip from his coffee cup as you called Dino.

You made the call and the werewolf quickly picked up.
"Ah Colin...sorry to disturb you but something have come up, ehm a woman came to the hospital a few moments ago, asking to see me or Dr Boudavich, I was available and she smells...just like Anna but this woman, she looks to be around 45, but her eyes say she is far older. She says she is here to donate blood which must be sent to the old factory outside of town, the one my pack suspect is a nest of mages, if you will excuse the term, she want to donate blood but only will allow me or Dr Boudavich to draw it, the whole situation are rather strange...do you know what this is about?"
Dino asked he sounded skeptical.
"She do know I am a children's cardiologist not a bio tech right? And Dr Boudavich are a psychiatrist there are those far more skilled in this hospital, and to deliver the blood to this old, abandoned factory...ok I am not getting my nose to close to the fireballs Colin so I will not ask for details you can not give me but is this legit? Should I agree to this odd request?"
The shapechanger sounded rather confused and skeptical.

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 30  Next