Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37

5 posters

Page 25 of 30 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 30  Next

Go down

Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37 - Page 25 Empty Re: Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:58 pm

[Basement]

"Relax, just a text." he thought quickly, pulling out his phone and looking at the apps Jon had sent him.

They where named new map app, put small objects elsewhere and proximity alert. Vera calmed down when you told her it was just a text, but was was very easy to scare right now.

"I did what I could..." Serge thought. "I'll get see if one of our doctors can do a bit more. Hopefully there not too busy."

He pulled out his phone and typed a text message to Richard, "Hey, u free?"

"Thank...you."
Vera thought back. After a little while Richard replied.
"Reasonably I have patients but none of them are critical, what can I do for you?"

"Hard to say. Perhaps a day or two. But it depends on how fast we can take down the one behind the plague. And that's something you can help us with." he thought back, after he had sent the text and lowered Vera's pain as best he could.

"I can't take this for two days...I can't...please...let me go."
The vampire thought back.
"What can I do I know nothing about this."

He then went silent, going back to answering Vera's questions. "Technocracy are a cruel group focused on the elimination of all supernatural beings. That includes mages, vampires, ghosts, and anything else you can think of that doesn't follow their rules on 'normal'. Due to the plague they've had a focus on members of the giovanni family. They were in your apartment today and if we hadn't intervened they would've taken you and your roommates."

"Well those sound unpleasant...but why have I not heard about them?"
Vera asked.
"If they are after all supernaturals, are they like the Society of Leopold?"

He glanced over at Alexis but still thought his answer to Vera. "And Alexis is literally like, 7 feet from you. She's unharmed and was reading a magazine to pass the time not to long ago. Your cat is unharmed as well and I think is still asleep in another room."

"Good...that is good...I heard Alexis's voice...will they be let go as well? Listen young man it is important that Alexis is not locked up somewhere and left alone in a room...it is important, and Frufru must be brushed every day and she likes tuna, fresh if you can get it but canned will do."
The vampire thought back seaming a little relieved.

All of a sudden he spoke aloud. "Hey Alexis! Say something to your master. She's worried about you. If you want I can extend the telepathy to you so you can hear her response."

"Telepathy eh? Ok very well do so."
Alexis said.
"Vera I am here, I am unharmed how are you doing?"
The ghoul asked. Vera thought to you.
"Tell her I am doing fine or she will worry, due to the blood bond she will worry to much, I am not fine but tell her I am anyway please."

Colin smiled thinly, "That would probably be more convenient, yes."
He looked down on Vera again, "I don't know how much my young friend here has told you, but we needed to find your father, and you were the only link we had to him, whose location we knew. So we managed to retrieve you, your roommate, and your cat, just before a less sympathetic group did. The people your father worked with, in particular a disturbingly good-looking fellow named Eric Dahl, had convinced Mr. Milliner to help distribute an artificial plague, using Fio Giovanni to do the dirty work. We are in the process of tearing that whole plot to pieces, though, and with it the people responsible. And we will do what we can to ensure the fallout of your father's betrayal against the Masquerade will not be held against the rest of his lineage, though the Prince may require some... additional reassurances of loyalty. I hope we can resolve everything tonight, and release you all safely at the earliest convenience. And again... I am sorry for this necessary cruelty..."

"I have seen...my father talk with this painfully handsome, so handsome it could not be natural Asian man, is that the one you are wondering about?"
Vera thought wanting Serge to tell Colin what she was saying.
"Fio Giovanni are an unpleasant fellow but why would my father want to make people sick that is like spreading poison in your own orchard. It makes no sense unless the man paid extremely well...I had nothing to do with that...please just let me go or if you have to hold me captive do it some other way...this hurts...it really really hurts."
The vampire whimpered softly for a while before she continued.
"If my father is found to be guilty of breaking the Masquerade that would be bad for us his brood but the Prince is fair...insane but fair, but you said my father where taken by these hunters that the kid spoke of? When will I be released, I just want to go home? Please let me go..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37 - Page 25 Empty Re: Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:03 pm

[Basement]

Anja wrote:"Thank...you."
Vera thought back. After a little while Richard replied.
"Reasonably I have patients but none of them are critical, what can I do for you?"

"The vampire prisoner woke up and the pain from the stake is bothering her quite a bit. Would you be able to do something about that? Perhaps remove her sense of pain or something along those lines?" he sent back.

Anja wrote:"I can't take this for two days...I can't...please...let me go."
"What can I do I know nothing about this."

"But you do know about a thin blooded oracle kid who's currently being held captive in....this building." Serge said, lowering his phone into Vera's crate to show her the dilapidated building that the vampire oracle was held in. "Alexis told me that you've visited him a couple of times. Whatever information you could provide for us would be incredibly helpful and would aid in speeding up your release."

Anja wrote:"Well those sound unpleasant...but why have I not heard about them?"
Vera asked.
"If they are after all supernaturals, are they like the Society of Leopold?"

"Huh...it's not the worst comparison. But the technocracy have other focuses beyond just eliminating supernaturals. And their pretty steadfast on eliminating mages first. Society of Leopold are laser focused on taking all of us out right? And the technocracy are pretty focused on secrecy, same as you guys." Serge thought-replied.

Anja wrote:"Good...that is good...I heard Alexis's voice...will they be let go as well? Listen young man it is important that Alexis is not locked up somewhere and left alone in a room...it is important, and Frufru must be brushed every day and she likes tuna, fresh if you can get it but canned will do."
The vampire thought back seaming a little relieved.

"Of course. They'll be let out with you as soon as possible." Serge thought with a nod. "Alexis is accompanied and I'll ask my colleagues to bring Frufru into this room when she wakes up, so that you can all be together. I'll pass along your grooming demands as well. I'm sure we have tuna somewhere in this place."

Anja wrote:"Telepathy eh? Ok very well do so."
Alexis said.
"Vera I am here, I am unharmed how are you doing?"
The ghoul asked. Vera thought to you.
"Tell her I am doing fine or she will worry, due to the blood bond she will worry to much, I am not fine but tell her I am anyway please."
Colin wrote:Colin smiled thinly, "That would probably be more convenient, yes."

"Vera says she's fine and you shouldn't worry." Serge relayed to Alexis.

He looked at Colin and then at Alexis. "Ugh, why are we so far away. Don't feel like drawing another picture. Ok you...high five!" he said raising a hand towards Colin.

"And you! Staring contest." he said turning his head to stare at Alexis while keeping his hand in the air for Colin.

Serge opened his mind once again and extended the telepathy spell to anyone who had established a connection with him, whether that was through eye contact or physical contact, so that the thoughts of those affected could be heard by everyone in the group.  

Anja wrote:"I have seen...my father talk with this painfully handsome, so handsome it could not be natural Asian man, is that the one you are wondering about?"
Vera thought wanting Serge to tell Colin what she was saying.
"Fio Giovanni are an unpleasant fellow but why would my father want to make people sick that is like spreading poison in your own orchard. It makes no sense unless the man paid extremely well...I had nothing to do with that...please just let me go or if you have to hold me captive do it some other way...this hurts...it really really hurts."
The vampire whimpered softly for a while before she continued.
"If my father is found to be guilty of breaking the Masquerade that would be bad for us his brood but the Prince is fair...insane but fair, but you said my father where taken by these hunters that the kid spoke of? When will I be released, I just want to go home? Please let me go..."

Serge said everything Vera thought to him out loud, so that Colin could hear what she said while he prepared to extend the telepathy spell.

(OOC: Mind 3 effect to bring any willing person who's making eye contact or is in physical contact with Serge into the telepathy circle.

Arete Roll: 7, 10, 1, 3 - 3, 4, 10 , 2 - 2 - 9 - 4 - 7 )
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:45 pm

[Basement]
Jeremy wrote:"Vera says she's fine and you shouldn't worry." Serge relayed to Alexis.

He looked at Colin and then at Alexis. "Ugh, why are we so far away. Don't feel like drawing another picture. Ok you...high five!" he said raising a hand towards Colin.

"And you! Staring contest." he said turning his head to stare at Alexis while keeping his hand in the air for Colin.

Serge opened his mind once again and extended the telepathy spell to anyone who had established a connection with him, whether that was through eye contact or physical contact, so that the thoughts of those affected could be heard by everyone in the group.
He gave Alexis a reassuring nod, and shuffled a little closer to grip Serge's hand.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:13 pm

[Basement]

"The vampire prisoner woke up and the pain from the stake is bothering her quite a bit. Would you be able to do something about that? Perhaps remove her sense of pain or something along those lines?" he sent back.

You got a reply back from Richard.
"Our prisoner is dead I would not know how to affect her really, I can try to see if there is something I can do about her energy system but most likely there is nothing I can do."

"But you do know about a thin blooded oracle kid who's currently being held captive in....this building." Serge said, lowering his phone into Vera's crate to show her the dilapidated building that the vampire oracle was held in. "Alexis told me that you've visited him a couple of times. Whatever information you could provide for us would be incredibly helpful and would aid in speeding up your release."

"I know the kid...Shawn I have sought his advice a few times and tried to buy him, he is being kept rather brutally but I could not pay enough to interest Mr Giovanni."
Vera replied.
"What do you need to know?"

Huh...it's not the worst comparison. But the technocracy have other focuses beyond just eliminating supernaturals. And their pretty steadfast on eliminating mages first. Society of Leopold are laser focused on taking all of us out right? And the technocracy are pretty focused on secrecy, same as you guys." Serge thought-replied.

"As far as I know the Society of Leopold want us all dead as well they are religious zealous after all."
"This Technocracy sounds like bad news though."

Of course. They'll be let out with you as soon as possible." Serge thought with a nod. "Alexis is accompanied and I'll ask my colleagues to bring Frufru into this room when she wakes up, so that you can all be together. I'll pass along your grooming demands as well. I'm sure we have tuna somewhere in this place."

"Good, that is good and I would like to see Frufru and her fur is so long I worry it will be matted if she is not brushed daily."
Vera thought to you.
"Good she is rather spoiled when it comes to food I fear."

"Vera says she's fine and you shouldn't worry." Serge relayed to Alexis.

"Good...good...are you sure she is okey?"
Alexis asked clearly very concerned.
"Thank you kid."
Vera thought to you.

And you! Staring contest." he said turning his head to stare at Alexis while keeping his hand in the air for Colin.

Alexis looked at you with her pretty brown eyes.

He gave Alexis a reassuring nod, and shuffled a little closer to grip Serge's hand.

The ghoul glanced at you nervously and then continued to look at Serge. The young Cultist's spell went through and you as well as Alexis could hear Vera and Serge and each other, like a mental conference call.
"Vera can you hear me?"
Alexis thought.
"Yes..."
The vampiress replied.
"Are you hurt? How are you holding up?"
Alexis asked.
"I ehm...it...ehm...I will be fine...have they harmed you?"
Vera replied.
"No they gave me something that is suppressing the power of blood in me but I am unhurt."
The ghoul replied.
"Good...have you seen Frufru?"
"No I was told she was not in the basement during the explosion though that she is safe and sleeping, we where drugged."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:55 pm

[Cheif's Office]

Colin smiled, "So long as we don't do anything impressively stupid, like try to hurt her precious Swan, I think we will be fine."
"This Miss Swan is her girlfriend? No I do not think attacking Lady Crexia's loved ones are a good idea."
Jeffry said and he raised an eyebrow.
Colin nodded, "Something like that, yes... And is ever attacking the loved ones of a Mage a good idea?"
"No it certainly is not not."
Jeffry said and he glanced at Adley fondly for a moment.

"It's not," he said, feeling a bubble of fury at what had happened to Narim earlier. Not to mention many others, in the last year. "Some of us we have long memories..."

"Yes Mr Terach managed to catch it before Dahl's patrons caught it and he and Miss Gottschalk managed to hold it until Lady Crexia got here so it could be interrogated mea filius."
Your Mentor explained.
"Commendable effort by them both."

'Indeed."

[Garage]

"Yes both the Enforcer and her cat was fine, she is recovering but is still not strong enough to be asked about what happened." Richard said. "That do not mean something might not be wrong though of course, she is under guard so if there is a traitor at my old home that person might not have had a chance to strike, but I checked up on them and they where fine when I left."

'I hope they don't but better tell the Chief when you get a chance, if you could?"

A few moments later you, Nicole, Adley and Serge got a text message from Jon containing three apps for installing.

He raised an eyebrow as his message alert went off again and then raised an eyebrow as he saw the number pop up. He texted Jon: 'I was always told not to install strange apps he said, hoping he got that he was joking as he reviewed what it was then downloaded them.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:12 pm

[Cheif's Office]

"It's not," he said, feeling a bubble of fury at what had happened to Narim earlier. Not to mention many others, in the last year. "Some of us we have long memories..."

"Indeed so sometimes spanning several incarnations."
Your Mentor agreed.
"But we will make sure we keep our loved ones safe."

[Garage]

'I hope they don't but better tell the Chief when you get a chance, if you could?"

"I will do so."
Richard promised.
"Well I better go check on Master Nassa and Miss Rozzo."

He raised an eyebrow as his message alert went off again and then raised an eyebrow as he saw the number pop up. He texted Jon: 'I was always told not to install strange apps he said, hoping he got that he was joking as he reviewed what it was then downloaded them.

"Yeah that is usually a good rule you might want to install these strange apps though."
Jon replied wryly when he picked up.
"One of them are an updated version of my map app with some improvements, one will let you teleport small objects somewhere else, that one will cause me dox so only use it if there is need and ehm tell Serge only to use it if it is need, but you could send an incoming bullet behind you for example, the last one is a proximity alert, Colin said that it would probably be best if I sat this one out so I am sending you and the others these apps to help out. I think someone who can work with ghosts are taking my place in the car."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:13 pm

[Basement]

Anja wrote:They where named new map app, put small objects elsewhere and proximity alert. Vera calmed down when you told her it was just a text, but was was very easy to scare right now.

Serge smiled and installed the apps, eager to use the new toys and hoping the 'put small objects elsewhere' app did exactly as was advertised.

Anja wrote:You got a reply back from Richard.
"Our prisoner is dead I would not know how to affect her really, I can try to see if there is something I can do about her energy system but most likely there is nothing I can do."

"Anything helps." Serge texted back.

Anja wrote:"I know the kid...Shawn I have sought his advice a few times and tried to buy him, he is being kept rather brutally but I could not pay enough to interest Mr Giovanni."
Vera replied.
"What do you need to know?"

"Let's start with the basics. Have you been in this building before?" Serge thought-asked.

Anja wrote:"As far as I know the Society of Leopold want us all dead as well they are religious zealous after all."
"This Technocracy sounds like bad news though."

"Yeaahhh....they really are." Serge thought back a small sense of raging anger could be felt from him. "They don't even have the cool religious fervor thing. They hunt us in the most boring way possible. Through statistics."

Anja wrote:"Good, that is good and I would like to see Frufru and her fur is so long I worry it will be matted if she is not brushed daily."
Vera thought to you.
"Good she is rather spoiled when it comes to food I fear."

"Yes she really is. But she seems quite happy with you guys." Serge thought back with a smile.

Colin wrote:He gave Alexis a reassuring nod, and shuffled a little closer to grip Serge's hand.
Anja wrote:The ghoul glanced at you nervously and then continued to look at Serge. The young Cultist's spell went through and you as well as Alexis could hear Vera and Serge and each other, like a mental conference call.
"Vera can you hear me?"
Alexis thought.
"Yes..."
The vampiress replied.
Alexis asked.
Vera replied.
"No they gave me something that is suppressing the power of blood in me but I am unhurt."
The ghoul replied.
"No I was told she was not in the basement during the explosion though that she is safe and sleeping, we where drugged."

"Ahhh yes. My dreams of being a wifi router are complete!" Serge thought to the group. "With this many people I should give you guys some advice. Only think the thoughts you want everyone else to hear. And before you worry Vera, that explosion Alexis mentioned was caused by that unnaturally Handsome man. You, Alexis, and Frufru were unharmed in that and the danger has long since past."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:49 pm

[Basement]

Serge smiled and installed the apps, eager to use the new toys and hoping the 'put small objects elsewhere' app did exactly as was advertised.

The apps got installed and ready to go on your phone.

"Anything helps." Serge texted back.

You got a reply back which said.
"There might not be anything I can do Serge but I will come down to the basement and try."

"Let's start with the basics. Have you been in this building before?" Serge thought-asked.

"Yes I have."
Vera replied.

"Yeaahhh....they really are." Serge thought back a small sense of raging anger could be felt from him. "They don't even have the cool religious fervor thing. They hunt us in the most boring way possible. Through statistics."

"How can you hunt supernaturals with statistics that makes no sense."
Vera thought flatly.
"And let me assure you that religious fervor is not cool it is just a breeding ground for fanaticism and cruelty."
The vampire seamed fearful at the thought of the Society of Leopold.

Ahhh yes. My dreams of being a wifi router are complete!" Serge thought to the group. "With this many people I should give you guys some advice. Only think the thoughts you want everyone else to hear. And before you worry Vera, that explosion Alexis mentioned was caused by that unnaturally Handsome man. You, Alexis, and Frufru were unharmed in that and the danger has long since past."

"Well you seam quite good at it."
Alexis thought.
"And keeping some control of one's thoughts would be a good idea yes."
Vera seamed a little alarmed though.
"The handsome man attacked that is what caused this explosion to speak of, but you said there where no danger here."
She asked nervously.
"I think he blew up Vera, as in the man himself blew up, some sort of strange mage bullshit I presume....ehm no offense intended off course."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:49 pm

[Infirmary]

Anja's Post:

'Well, the Chief's gotta give the go-ahead for the idea first. Might be an idea to ask everyone if they have any tasty little items which can be easily made, transferable and storable.'

Anja's Post:

'It's a team effort; always is. The folk on the sharp end wouldn't even get there - let alone win - without the support from those behind 'em.' she replied, nodding.

[Steelhaven]

Anja's Post:

Having exited the Infirmary, Nicole finally checked her phone and saw the two text messages. Swore on reading the vampire was awake, gave a puzzled frown on seeing the apps, which had been rejected as a matter of course by the cell's "Paranoid" security rating. [Aka has any other messages come in for her?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:12 pm

[Infirmary]

Well, the Chief's gotta give the go-ahead for the idea first. Might be an idea to ask everyone if they have any tasty little items which can be easily made, transferable and storable.'

"The Chief have final say yes. I will speak with him and if he agree start asking around if anyone can contribute to such a storage of useful items."
Darrian agreed.

'It's a team effort; always is. The folk on the sharp end wouldn't even get there - let alone win - without the support from those behind 'em.' she replied, nodding.

The alchemist nodded at this.
"Very true. Well I will continue to do what I can, and off course if push comes to show I will fight, I fought at the Labyrinth I am not unwilling to I am just not any good at it, to be honest my dog is a better fighter than I am."
He admitted wryly.

[Steelhaven]

Having exited the Infirmary, Nicole finally checked her phone and saw the two text messages. Swore on reading the vampire was awake, gave a puzzled frown on seeing the apps, which had been rejected as a matter of course by the cell's "Paranoid" security rating. [Aka has any other messages come in for her?]

You had gotten a message from your uncle as well which read.
"Kiddo are you alright? The rats are agitated or so the word on the street says. send me a message when you get this so I know you are fine ok?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:20 pm

[Infirmary]

Anja's Post:

'Better to know you suck at something and live, than think you're good and die...' the Etherite quipped with a grin. 'Laters.'

[Steelhaven]

Anja's Post:

Nicole stared at the message for a moment as she re-entered her apartment. Abandoned her carbine, grabbed a shake from the fridge and lit a smoke. 'Fuck. Too much to say in a text.' she muttered, deciding to call him instead...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:08 pm

[Basement]
Anja wrote:The ghoul glanced at you nervously and then continued to look at Serge. The young Cultist's spell went through and you as well as Alexis could hear Vera and Serge and each other, like a mental conference call.
"Vera can you hear me?"
Alexis thought.
"Yes..."
The vampiress replied.
Alexis asked.
Vera replied.
The ghoul replied.
Jeremy wrote:"Ahhh yes. My dreams of being a wifi router are complete!" Serge thought to the group. "With this many people I should give you guys some advice. Only think the thoughts you want everyone else to hear. And before you worry Vera, that explosion Alexis mentioned was caused by that unnaturally Handsome man. You, Alexis, and Frufru were unharmed in that and the danger has long since past."
Anja wrote:"Well you seam quite good at it."
Alexis thought.
"The handsome man attacked that is what caused this explosion to speak of, but you said there where no danger here."
She asked nervously.
"I think he blew up Vera, as in the man himself blew up, some sort of strange mage bullshit I presume....ehm no offense intended off course."
Colin grinned at Serge, "Oh, I'm sure you'll make a wonderful wifi to some lucky person someday, but that's hardly here nor now. I believe I saw Frufru upstairs after the explosion, slightly vocal about her displeasure, but safe in her carrier. We will see to it that she's well fed and groomed as necessary, though we might need a little help persuading her that we mean her no harm, so we'll probably have to bring her down here. I'm presuming she's not been, hm, fed blood?"
He sighed, "And yes, the explosion was the unnaturally handsome man, blown up by some strange Mage bullshit. There... really isn't a much more fitting term for it that doesn't require three months of study and a glossary roughly the size of the Massachusetts tax code. But it won't happen again here; no-one else that particular demise could happen to..."
He paused, then thought into the mental conversation instead of speaking out loud, 'Also, I did extract a small measure of blood from you, in order to locate your father. Using that link, we found that he is presently at the Federal Reserve building, which is a base for a group of the Technocrats, likely the same faction who were trying to capture you. In practice, that means we can truthfully argue before the Prince that you were instrumental in helping us track down your father - which can go a long way in convincing him of where your loyalties lie. I apologize for the trespass, but we needed to know, and time was at a premium.'
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:13 pm

[Basement]

Anja wrote:You got a reply back which said.
"There might not be anything I can do Serge but I will come down to the basement and try."

"Thank you." Serge sent back.

Anja wrote:"Yes I have."
Vera replied.

"Tell me about that trip. What did the inside of that apartment look like? The room where Shawn was held? Who was guarding it?" Serge thought back. "By the way, telepathy isn't limited to words. You can send thoughts of images as well, if describing the inside of the building is too difficult."

Anja wrote:"How can you hunt supernaturals with statistics that makes no sense."
Vera thought flatly.
"And let me assure you that religious fervor is not cool it is just a breeding ground for fanaticism and cruelty."
The vampire seamed fearful at the thought of the Society of Leopold.

"Figuring out where the likeliest places for supernatural to gather would be based on previously gathered data. Or figuring out who's likely a supernatural based by looking at internet searches and stuff like that. They can do some wacky things as well." Serge thought, the bitter resentment still emanating off of him. "Don't take the technocracy lightly. Their basically the society except richer and with more resources at their disposal."

Anja wrote:"Well you seam quite good at it."
Alexis thought.
She asked nervously.
Colin wrote:Colin grinned at Serge, "Oh, I'm sure you'll make a wonderful wifi to some lucky person someday, but that's hardly here nor now. I believe I saw Frufru upstairs after the explosion, slightly vocal about her displeasure, but safe in her carrier. We will see to it that she's well fed and groomed as necessary, though we might need a little help persuading her that we mean her no harm, so we'll probably have to bring her down here. I'm presuming she's not been, hm, fed blood?"
He sighed, "And yes, the explosion was the unnaturally handsome man, blown up by some strange Mage bullshit. There... really isn't a much more fitting term for it that doesn't require three months of study and a glossary roughly the size of the Massachusetts tax code. But it won't happen again here; no-one else that particular demise could happen to..."
He paused, then thought into the mental conversation instead of speaking out loud, 'Also, I did extract a small measure of blood from you, in order to locate your father. Using that link, we found that he is presently at the Federal Reserve building, which is a base for a group of the Technocrats, likely the same faction who were trying to capture you. In practice, that means we can truthfully argue before the Prince that you were instrumental in helping us track down your father - which can go a long way in convincing him of where your loyalties lie. I apologize for the trespass, but we needed to know, and time was at a premium.'

"None taken." Serge thought with a smile on his face. "Mage bullshit is my favorite kind of bullshit, excluding the random explosions of course. But like my friend said, that handsome man was more unique that most mages."

Serge then leaned back and listened to Colin think.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:36 am

[Infirmary]

'Better to know you suck at something and live, than think you're good and die...' the Etherite quipped with a grin. 'Laters.'

"Yes that is true."
Darrian said.
"Indeed see you later Miss Bouchard."

[Steelhaven]

Nicole stared at the message for a moment as she re-entered her apartment. Abandoned her carbine, grabbed a shake from the fridge and lit a smoke. 'Fuck. Too much to say in a text.' she muttered, deciding to call him instead...

You called your uncle and he quickly picked up.
"Nicole there you are...are you okey?"
He asked sounding concerned.

[Basement]

Colin grinned at Serge, "Oh, I'm sure you'll make a wonderful wifi to some lucky person someday, but that's hardly here nor now. I believe I saw Frufru upstairs after the explosion, slightly vocal about her displeasure, but safe in her carrier. We will see to it that she's well fed and groomed as necessary, though we might need a little help persuading her that we mean her no harm, so we'll probably have to bring her down here. I'm presuming she's not been, hm, fed blood?"

"She have not been fed blood, doing so tend to make animals...grow."
Vera thought.
"If you bring her down here I am sure I can calm FruFru's displeasure."
Alexis said.
"And it would do my Mistress good to see her."

"I guess I will have to take your word for it then that no one else will just blow up randomly."
Alexis said sounding doubtful.
"How on earth was such a thing possible?"
Vera thought.

"That is ok if you needed my blood but the Federal Reserve building why would my father be there it is not part of his territory?"
Vera thought then as she heard the rest of the explanation she added.
"Thank you for speaking for me before the Prince but what...what will happen to my father, I know he is not always the nicest person but he is my father."

"Tell me about that trip. What did the inside of that apartment look like? The room where Shawn was held? Who was guarding it?" Serge thought back. "By the way, telepathy isn't limited to words. You can send thoughts of images as well, if describing the inside of the building is too difficult."

"I don't remember...hard to focus it was an apartment, a small one...Shawn where kept in a storage unit...there where equipment to torture him there, it was dirty...I do not remember the exact layout."
Vera thought.
"Hard to focus..."

"Figuring out where the likeliest places for supernatural to gather would be based on previously gathered data. Or figuring out who's likely a supernatural based by looking at internet searches and stuff like that. They can do some wacky things as well." Serge thought, the bitter resentment still emanating off of him. "Don't take the technocracy lightly. Their basically the society except richer and with more resources at their disposal."

"That sounds like it would be rather effective yes."
Vera thought.
"These Technocracy sounds dangerous."

"None taken." Serge thought with a smile on his face. "Mage bullshit is my favorite kind of bullshit, excluding the random explosions of course. But like my friend said, that handsome man was more unique that most mages."

"There are different types of mages? How was he unique?"
Alexis thought.

You noticed that Vera was weaker now, pain was wearing her down and it was getting harder for her to focus enough to get answers and questions through clearly, if you where going to get something useful out of her it will have to be done now.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:13 am

[Nicole's Apartment]

Anja's Post:

'Yeah Mike, I'm fine.' Nicole replied, sitting down on the couch, staring at the muted TV screen. 'So the rats are agitated? Care to make that a bit clearer?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:16 am

[Basement]

Anja wrote:"I guess I will have to take your word for it then that no one else will just blow up randomly."
Vera thought.

"Sometimes, when we do our magick, the world doesn't always agree with us." Serge thought with a grin. "If what we're trying to do goes against what people percieve as 'normal' the world gets angry at us for trying to change it's natural state. We feel that anger quite vividly. We call it paradox. Accrue enough of that and we get punished. Normally it's small bits of poetic irony. Amnesia, sprouting tails or wings, bad luck, turning blue. That sort of stuff. Spontaneous combustion is rather rare."

Anja wrote:"I don't remember...hard to focus it was an apartment, a small one...Shawn where kept in a storage unit...there where equipment to torture him there, it was dirty...I do not remember the exact layout."
Vera thought.
"Hard to focus..."

"Would you be ok if I took a look myself?" Serge thought-asked. "I could probably find those memories quite easily. And I promise I'll only look at the memories pretaining to the building and the visit to the oracle."

Anja wrote:"There are different types of mages? How was he unique?"
Alexis thought.

"You can think of him as a dark mage." Serge said, smiling at the cheesiness of that line. "A mage who's given up all remnants of his humanity for power. That sort of corruption comes with quite a bit of a downside."

Anja wrote:You noticed that Vera was weaker now, pain was wearing her down and it was getting harder for her to focus enough to get answers and questions through clearly, if you where going to get something useful out of her it will have to be done now.

Serge gritted his teeth and those in the telepathic call could feel a mixture of empathy and frustration from him. "You'd think a ninja doctor would be faster." he thought to himself, although the group could hear it quite clearly.

"Vera, I'm gonna try and relieve your pain again. Sorry but I'm gonna need to get a little touchy. I need you to focus on something that brings you happiness. Anything at all. Alexis, keep talking to Vera. Send her thoughts of your time together. Reassurance on how your all right." he said as he walked towards the end of the crate and placed a hand on the side of Vera's head.

He took a deep breath and began to direct Vera's mind yet again. Through the path established by his physical connection to her as well as the mental connection he directed Vera's conscious mind away from her wounds. Away from the searing pain she felt and towards memories of happiness and comfort.

His small conversation with Richard only furthered his resolve. Vera was dead. She had no nervous system that caused her to feel pain. That meant that any pain she felt was mental in nature. A combination of fear and expectation for a stake to hurt.

That was all pain was after all. An illusion created by the mind, just like everything else in reality. That was what he was taught. Chains that held you back. Kept you from moving forward. Serge reached forward and temporarily broke that illusion for Vera, making pain cease to exist by removing all acknowledgement of it.  

(OOC: Mind 3 effect. Trying the same effect as last time if I can. Trying to get Vera to completely ignore the pain from her wounds.

Arete Roll: 4,7, 10, 2 - 5, 7, 6, 2 - 1, 8, 5, 9 - 6, 10, 4, 2 - 2, 8, 4, 2 - 5, 7, 10, 1)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:40 am

[Nicole's Apartment]

'Yeah Mike, I'm fine.' Nicole replied, sitting down on the couch, staring at the muted TV screen. 'So the rats are agitated? Care to make that a bit clearer?'

"That is good...that you are okey I mean."
Your uncle said then he sigh.
"One of the rats where found near death, almost all of her spinal fluids drained, perhaps her regenerative abilities will help and save her life, but she is in a bad state in addition two kindfolk have just plain vanished, that is making the rats agitated."
He said in his gruff voice and you could hear him pouring coffee into a cup.
"I have no idea what is going on but it sure is not good."

[Basement]

"Sometimes, when we do our magick, the world doesn't always agree with us." Serge thought with a grin. "If what we're trying to do goes against what people percieve as 'normal' the world gets angry at us for trying to change it's natural state. We feel that anger quite vividly. We call it paradox. Accrue enough of that and we get punished. Normally it's small bits of poetic irony. Amnesia, sprouting tails or wings, bad luck, turning blue. That sort of stuff. Spontaneous combustion is rather rare."

"So your kind have supernatural weaknesses as well? Yeah they tend to suck...allot."
Vera thought bitterly.
"Burning blue? Exploding? From reality not liking what you do? How is that even possible?"

"Would you be ok if I took a look myself?" Serge thought-asked. "I could probably find those memories quite easily. And I promise I'll only look at the memories pretaining to the building and the visit to the oracle."

"No I do not want anyone rummaging though my head, not that I can do much to stop you."
The vampiress thought sadly and she whimpered softly.

You can think of him as a dark mage." Serge said, smiling at the cheesiness of that line. "A mage who's given up all remnants of his humanity for power. That sort of corruption comes with quite a bit of a downside."

"Well I guess dark deals with spirits and such would come with a cost...exploding seams to be a rather extreme cost though."
Vera thought.
"I guess becoming a dark mage as you say is not wise."
Alexis chimed in.

Serge gritted his teeth and those in the telepathic call could feel a mixture of empathy and frustration from him. "You'd think a ninja doctor would be faster." he thought to himself, although the group could hear it quite clearly.

"Ninja doctor?"
Alexis asked but she was clearly mostly concerned about Vera's well being.

"Vera, I'm gonna try and relieve your pain again. Sorry but I'm gonna need to get a little touchy. I need you to focus on something that brings you happiness. Anything at all. Alexis, keep talking to Vera. Send her thoughts of your time together. Reassurance on how your all right." he said as he walked towards the end of the crate and placed a hand on the side of Vera's head.

He took a deep breath and began to direct Vera's mind yet again. Through the path established by his physical connection to her as well as the mental connection he directed Vera's conscious mind away from her wounds. Away from the searing pain she felt and towards memories of happiness and comfort.

His small conversation with Richard only furthered his resolve. Vera was dead. She had no nervous system that caused her to feel pain. That meant that any pain she felt was mental in nature. A combination of fear and expectation for a stake to hurt.

That was all pain was after all. An illusion created by the mind, just like everything else in reality. That was what he was taught. Chains that held you back. Kept you from moving forward. Serge reached forward and temporarily broke that illusion for Vera, making pain cease to exist by removing all acknowledgement of it.

"That is ok, you can touch me."
Vera repiled her mental voice softer and more unforcused now.
"Ok I will try."
Alexis said.
"Vera listen to me, we are going home soon, we will get our stuff and we will find a new house, somewhere nice where FruFru will have a garden, and we will go back to our peaceful life, all of this will soon be behind us."
She thought as you worked and this time Vera did seam to settle down more.
"That is better...Thank you."
The vampire thought a note of relief in her voice. It seamed your spell had worked but for how long was hard to say it had not been a easy but of magick to cast, dificult enough to be risky even if it was coicidental. Also it seamed like changing anything about Vera was just hard, as if she was completely static, you felt a bit of distaste at the still and unmoving nature of her being from deep inside of your soul, but regardsless you seam to have pulled it of and given the woman some relief.

(OOC: At diff 8 that if four succsesses so that should do it at least for a while.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:07 am

[Nicole's Apartment]

Anja's Post:

'Wha?' Nicole replied, sounding surprisingly relieved - for a moment, until the possibilities of this sank in. 'Where did this happen, exactly?' now sounding more concerned.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:15 am

[Nicole's Apartment]

"The rat was found in Mattapan, the two missing kinfolk lived there as well I think but I do not know exactly where they vanished from, the rats have told us to watch our back and since they do not know about you I am getting the message to you."
Mike said gruffly and you could hear him sipping his coffee.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:33 am

[Nicole's Apartment]

Anja's Post:

A silence on the other end, save an exhalation. 'Fuck... think I might actually know what it's about, me. Here's the "need to know". Some shitlords have created a plague but we're immune. Folk might be trying to swipe our blood to make a vaccine for themselves.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:50 am

[Nicole's Apartment]

"Well shit...we do not normally get sick but still that is cold, the rat I told you about is near death."
Your uncle said.
"So is there anything we can do against these shitlords or the ones why try to use our blood to get immune? This wounded rat had her spinal fluid collected though, that is pretty messed up."
Mike said and after some more coffee he sigh.
"So what do we do? Go to ground?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:33 am

[Nicole's Apartment]

Anja's Post:

'The ones I think are blood-stealing don't give a fuck, Mike... we're just trash to be removed, or perhaps be experimented on.' Nicole replied with a sigh. 'Best bet is to simply hide 'till this blows over; or get out of Boston if they can. Their power is based in the big cities, and they've got control of The Beast.'

'I have a couple of local contacts I'll work; I know a rat, she might have a better grip on the situation here.' trying to remember where she might find that "Strawberry" she'd met before...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:43 am

[Nicole's Apartment]

The ones I think are blood-stealing don't give a fuck, Mike... we're just trash to be removed, or perhaps be experimented on.' Nicole replied with a sigh. 'Best bet is to simply hide 'till this blows over; or get out of Boston if they can. Their power is based in the big cities, and they've got control of The Beast.'

"Well going to ground that we can do, we are good at that, I will see if anyone have a chance to get out of Boston but many of the rats and their kin have very little money Nick...I might be able to fit a few into my truck and take them out of here, but for the rest, not everyone will have a chance to get out. I will tell them to go to ground though."
Mike said and you could hear he was not happy about the situation.
"Dammit!"
He exclaimed.

I have a couple of local contacts I'll work; I know a rat, she might have a better grip on the situation here.' trying to remember where she might find that "Strawberry" she'd met before...

"Good tell this contact to be careful as well and you take care, you do nto want the rats to be aware of you and come calling on you."
Mike advices. Tane still lived with the small group of shapechangers, including Strawverry at his small house, little more than a shack by the docks.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:37 pm

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"She have not been fed blood, doing so tend to make animals...grow."
Vera thought.
"If you bring her down here I am sure I can calm FruFru's displeasure."
Alexis said.
"And it would do my Mistress good to see her."
Colin nodded, "I agree, I'll see how quickly I can have her brought down with some food."

Anja wrote:"I guess I will have to take your word for it then that no one else will just blow up randomly."
Vera thought.
Jeremy wrote:"Sometimes, when we do our magick, the world doesn't always agree with us." Serge thought with a grin. "If what we're trying to do goes against what people percieve as 'normal' the world gets angry at us for trying to change it's natural state. We feel that anger quite vividly. We call it paradox. Accrue enough of that and we get punished. Normally it's small bits of poetic irony. Amnesia, sprouting tails or wings, bad luck, turning blue. That sort of stuff. Spontaneous combustion is rather rare."
He frowned, joining in the mental discussion, 'That is an oversimplification, but the explosion was not random, it was a deliberate action by the dead man's Familiar - a being with whom he'd made a bond not entirely dissimilar to that between a vampire and a ghoul. The Familiar essentially managed to bypass the dead man's defenses and released all of the mage's... backlash from Reality all at once, to avoid the punishment he would have been subject to if he lived. It will not happen again.'

Jeremy wrote:"None taken." Serge thought with a smile on his face. "Mage bullshit is my favorite kind of bullshit, excluding the random explosions of course. But like my friend said, that handsome man was more unique that most mages."

Anja wrote:"There are different types of mages? How was he unique?"
Alexis thought.
Jeremy wrote:"You can think of him as a dark mage." Serge said, smiling at the cheesiness of that line. "A mage who's given up all remnants of his humanity for power. That sort of corruption comes with quite a bit of a downside."
Anja wrote:"Well I guess dark deals with spirits and such would come with a cost...exploding seams to be a rather extreme cost though."
Vera thought.
"I guess becoming a dark mage as you say is not wise."
Alexis chimed in.
He nodded, thinking back, 'Again, an oversimplification... but essentially accurate; the man was an Infernalist, and his dark patrons will have divvied up his soul by now.'

Anja wrote:"That is ok if you needed my blood but the Federal Reserve building why would my father be there it is not part of his territory?"
Vera thought then as she heard the rest of the explanation she added.
"Thank you for speaking for me before the Prince but what...what will happen to my father, I know he is not always the nicest person but he is my father."
He nodded, 'Your father... will most likely be interrogated, tortured, and executed. As I said, the Federal Reserve building is one of the strongholds of the Technocracy, so there's little to no chance he's there of his own volition.'

Jeremy wrote:Serge gritted his teeth and those in the telepathic call could feel a mixture of empathy and frustration from him. "You'd think a ninja doctor would be faster." he thought to himself, although the group could hear it quite clearly.

Anja wrote:"Ninja doctor?"
Alexis asked but she was clearly mostly concerned about Vera's well being.
He shot Serge a dirty look, 'A more accurate descriptor would be "Kung-Fu doctor", and I would highly recommend at least trying to get it right. My daughter might decide a certain young artist is being enough of an ass about her personal trainer to earn a swift kick.'

Anja wrote:"That is ok, you can touch me."
Vera repiled her mental voice softer and more unforcused now.
"Ok I will try."
Alexis said.
"Vera listen to me, we are going home soon, we will get our stuff and we will find a new house, somewhere nice where FruFru will have a garden, and we will go back to our peaceful life, all of this will soon be behind us."
She thought as you worked and this time Vera did seam to settle down more.
"That is better...Thank you."
The vampire thought a note of relief in her voice. It seamed your spell had worked but for how long was hard to say it had not been a easy but of magick to cast, dificult enough to be risky even if it was coicidental. Also it seamed like changing anything about Vera was just hard, as if she was completely static, you felt a bit of distaste at the still and unmoving nature of her being from deep inside of your soul, but regardsless you seam to have pulled it of and given the woman some relief.
He mentally leaned back and "watched" as Serge worked, then nodded as Vera relaxed, 'Alright, if you ladies will be... less uncomfortable for a while now, we had best go on our rescue mission. I'll see about getting Frufru down here while we're away.'
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:56 pm

[Basement]

Colin nodded, "I agree, I'll see how quickly I can have her brought down with some food."

"Thank you, we could all do with some food."
Alexis said.
"I will be fine, I fed yesterday."
Vera replied.
"But FruFru will want her tuna."

He frowned, joining in the mental discussion, 'That is an oversimplification, but the explosion was not random, it was a deliberate action by the dead man's Familiar - a being with whom he'd made a bond not entirely dissimilar to that between a vampire and a ghoul. The Familiar essentially managed to bypass the dead man's defenses and released all of the mage's... backlash from Reality all at once, to avoid the punishment he would have been subject to if he lived. It will not happen again.'

"I take it that punishment would be pretty bad then I can not imagine harming Vera for any reason."
Alexis thought.
"So these familiars can sort of store up the displeasure of reality then? Sounds dangerous."
Vera replied.

He nodded, thinking back, 'Again, an oversimplification... but essentially accurate; the man was an Infernalist, and his dark patrons will have divvied up his soul by now.'

"I do not like infernalists, my father days I should stay far away from them."
Vera thought.
"And selling one's soul...that do not sound wise."

He nodded, 'Your father... will most likely be interrogated, tortured, and executed. As I said, the Federal Reserve building is one of the strongholds of the Technocracy, so there's little to no chance he's there of his own volition.'

"Is there anything that can be done to help him?"
Vera asked sadly.
"I do not want to loose my father."
She said and you got a feeling from Alexis that said the ghoul would not be shedding any tears for Francis Milliner though.

He mentally leaned back and "watched" as Serge worked, then nodded as Vera relaxed, 'Alright, if you ladies will be... less uncomfortable for a while now, we had best go on our rescue mission. I'll see about getting Frufru down here while we're away.'

"Yes..sure and I would like to see FruFru..."
Vera thought and she sounded allot calmer now.
"Listen your friend asked about the apartment that the oracle is being kept in, I do not know that much I only saw the hallway the living room and the storage room he was kept in. But it is a two bedrom apartment I think, fairly run drown. This would be Saturday right so that mean it is Elina Giovanni who are on guard duty, but I only think they have one guard at the time."
She thought quickly as you preparred to leave, more clear headed now that she was not in as much pain.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 30 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 30  Next