Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Army of Ghosts, A Sad Nephanda and two Angels IC Thread 40

5 posters

Page 16 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 30  Next

Go down

An Army of Ghosts, A Sad Nephanda and two Angels IC Thread 40 - Page 16 Empty Re: An Army of Ghosts, A Sad Nephanda and two Angels IC Thread 40

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:32 pm

[Basement]

Anja wrote:"Ok...I did not think muscle could remember, though dinosaurs had an extra brain in their butts they say so it might be something to it."
Lita said and she continued to draw.
"What are your Mentor like?"

"She's really cool. I think you two would get along quite well. She likes helping people who have trouble remembering thing, among other things." Serge said, smiling as he talked about his mentor.

Anja wrote:The drawing did not look like Kira but it did look like Lily the woman you had seen in the mind of several of the tormented people saved from Wallace Jace's lab.
"No this is Mistress Lily, she tortured me...and then sold me."
The pawn said as if this was perfectly normal.

"Ahhhh, now I know why it was so familiar. Yeah I've talked with a couple of her associate's torture victims. She was always on their minds even if she wasn't their tormentor." he said, voice growing solemn as he remembered the minds of the tormented people he had conversed with.

Anja wrote:"We do not have a tentacled librarian."
The prisoner said.
"Though I guess that would be practical."

"Dammit. You guys are missing so many opportunities. Do you have a normal librarian then or is organizing the library just a normal chore that anyone can do?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

An Army of Ghosts, A Sad Nephanda and two Angels IC Thread 40 - Page 16 Empty Re: An Army of Ghosts, A Sad Nephanda and two Angels IC Thread 40

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:45 pm

[Basement]

"She's really cool. I think you two would get along quite well. She likes helping people who have trouble remembering thing, among other things." Serge said, smiling as he talked about his mentor.

"Your Mentor is probably a real nice lady."
Lita said as she continued her drawing.
"But I am not so sure I want to remember, there are probably a good reason why I have forgotten so much."

"Ahhhh, now I know why it was so familiar. Yeah I've talked with a couple of her associate's torture victims. She was always on their minds even if she wasn't their tormentor." he said, voice growing solemn as he remembered the minds of the tormented people he had conversed with.

"Mistress Lily sells slaves, so probably the ones you saw the minds of had been sold by her, she train slaves, or sell the ones she have used up for those who just really need a body with a beating heart sort of."
The woman said and she shuddered.
"It is not fun to be tortured...eventually you are just gone...just gone..."

"Dammit. You guys are missing so many opportunities. Do you have a normal librarian then or is organizing the library just a normal chore that anyone can do?"

"We have a librarian but everyone are expected to put the books they borrow back...it is not good to litter in the library, do that and the walls might eat you."
Lita said and she grinned.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:13 pm

[Outside Steelhaven - Penumbra]

"Unclear, the now is changing, but it is drawing nearer."
The angle replied.
"And I would very much not like to attack the other Guardian it is a noble being, in combat with it is not how I want my now to end."

"Same, my friend. We'll see if we can do something about that."

"Is there any other questions I can answer for you young warriors?"
Uncle Willard asked.

"Not at this now, unless there is anything more you can tell us about the maybe-to-come attack on the other angel Guardian. If not, you are free to return to your duties at the villa, with my thanks." After he departed, he said to Helena, "We'd better tell the Chief right away, let's go..." He put out his hand towards her to take again as she had before so they could rematerialize.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:32 pm

((OOC: Weird, thought I'd posted before I headed to town earlier today. Might've forgotten to hit Send, or it got eaten by Nephandi or something...))

[Parking lot]
Anja wrote:"Very well Mr Wainwright thank you. I do not think there will be a problem though, our Prince can be brutal but he is a man of honor, so if he have given my Mistress sanctuary she will come to no harm."
Alexis said and she took the cards and handed one to Vera.
Colin nodded, "I am inclined to agree; he's given his word, going back on it would require a ridiculous amount of justification to avoid losing face. All the same, it's not a bad suggestion. Besides, there was the issue of some promised commission work... I'm sure you'll wish to keep yourselves posted on that front, too."

Anja wrote:"Thank you Mr Wainwright, I would appreciate that."
Vera said softly.
He smiled thinly and put the car in gear, beginning to move it smoothly onto the road and in the direction of the church, "But of course. I'm afraid I don't know of any good places to stop for, er, a pint on the way, and you might look a bit conspicuous for a drive-through... but the least I can do is to drive comfortably."

((OOC: "What's that latest entry to the Hermetic Code?" "It just says that prying on the Avatar of some Orphan in Boston will be punishable by... getting severely stung?" "What? Who the hell would enter such a prohibition, and who would enforce it?" "Apparently, Master D'Angelo and Master Tolle co-signed the amendment, and it will be... enforced by the Avatar in question? I don't know..." Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:47 pm

[Basement]

Anja wrote:"Your Mentor is probably a real nice lady."
Lita said as she continued her drawing.
"But I am not so sure I want to remember, there are probably a good reason why I have forgotten so much."

"Perhaps. But I'm sure there are important memories you'd want to remember. Old family and friends and things like that." he replied.

Anja wrote:"Mistress Lily sells slaves, so probably the ones you saw the minds of had been sold by her, she train slaves, or sell the ones she have used up for those who just really need a body with a beating heart sort of."
The woman said and she shuddered.
"It is not fun to be tortured...eventually you are just gone...just gone..."

"She just seems like a very awful person. And getting tortured certainly sounds like the worst." Serge said with a nod. "So now I guess the question is....why are you drawing her?"

Anja wrote:"We have a librarian but everyone are expected to put the books they borrow back...it is not good to litter in the library, do that and the walls might eat you."
Lita said and she grinned.

"Ahhh, so you guys still have the classic monster walls. Good good." Serge said with a smile. "Do the labyrinth walls ever talk to you or are they just scary and hungry and growing bits and bobs out of them?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:15 pm

[Chantry Basement]

Serge's Post:

'Think it was an opportunity, like. Bet they really got off in doing that to that kind of woman; them hunters are all God-Squads, and now she'll drop her pants at command.' the Etherite replied, calmly but with a clear underscore of disgust.

'Well, you get on with that. Laters.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:34 pm

[Outside Steelhaven - Penumbra]

"Same, my friend. We'll see if we can do something about that."

"I would be eternally grateful young warrior."
Uncle Willard replied.

"Not at this now, unless there is anything more you can tell us about the maybe-to-come attack on the other angel Guardian. If not, you are free to return to your duties at the villa, with my thanks."

"There is nothing more I can say at this now."
The angle replied and he gave a bow to you and Helena.
"Farewell young warriors."
He said then he turned into four burning wheels and was gone. Helena raised an eyebrow.
"This is not good news brother."
She muttered.
"We need to stop this before the two Umbroods destroy one another."

After he departed, he said to Helena, "We'd better tell the Chief right away, let's go..." He put out his hand towards her to take again as she had before so they could rematerialize.

"Agrred brother."
Helena said, she did several precise hand gestures and muttered a few words, then she gently took your hand and stepped back into physical reality, pulling you along, it felt like rising from an ice cold lake into the warmth of summer, then the chill of the autumn evening took over.
"Let us head back and let our pater know what we learned."
The older Hermetic said as she let go of your hand again and headed towards the Chantry as a brisk speed.

[Parking lot]

Colin nodded, "I am inclined to agree; he's given his word, going back on it would require a ridiculous amount of justification to avoid losing face. All the same, it's not a bad suggestion. Besides, there was the issue of some promised commission work... I'm sure you'll wish to keep yourselves posted on that front, too."

"Certainly and we will keep in touch Mr Wainwright."
Alexis said and Vera gave a tired nod.
"That we well and while I do not suspect the Prince will go back on his word it is always better to be safe than sorry."

He smiled thinly and put the car in gear, beginning to move it smoothly onto the road and in the direction of the church, "But of course. I'm afraid I don't know of any good places to stop for, er, a pint on the way, and you might look a bit conspicuous for a drive-through... but the least I can do is to drive comfortably."

"I am quite fine Mr Wainwright, I was well fed before...ehm...this day's visitation, I am not hungry."
Vera said calmly.
"I am mostly just...well my head spins."
The vampiress admitted.
"Just driving comfortably will be quite enough."
She said as Alexis helped her settle in before the ghoul climbed into the front seat and put on the seatbelt, Vera took hold of FruFru's cage to make sure that was safe during the drive.

[Basement]

"Perhaps. But I'm sure there are important memories you'd want to remember. Old family and friends and things like that." he replied.

"No that is no longer me, I serve Mistress Kira that is enough."
Lita said and she shook her head.

"She just seems like a very awful person. And getting tortured certainly sounds like the worst." Serge said with a nod. "So now I guess the question is....why are you drawing her?"

"Oh yes she is very awful, but I love her, and yes torture is no fun, I do not recommend it."
The pawn said and she shook her head.
"It really hurt and just generally suck!"

"Ahhh, so you guys still have the classic monster walls. Good good." Serge said with a smile. "Do the labyrinth walls ever talk to you or are they just scary and hungry and growing bits and bobs out of them?"

"The walls talk, but not like you think."
Lita replied.
"It is not cute like in games or anything it is just...wrong that is what he Labyrinth try to go for, wrongness, it try to be so foul it should not exist, that is what the Nephandi see as beautiful...which makes sense I guess, they are very odd after all, but don't tell them I said that or I will be punished."
She added with a giggle and she continued drawing.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:44 pm

[Heading back to Steelhaven]

"Agrred brother."
Helena said, she did several precise hand gestures and muttered a few words, then she gently took your hand and stepped back into physical reality, pulling you along, it felt like rising from an ice cold lake into the warmth of summer, then the chill of the autumn evening took over.
"Let us head back and let our pater know what we learned."
The older Hermetic said as she let go of your hand again and headed towards the Chantry as a brisk speed.

Once back on the material plane, he too hurried back to Steelhaven to head to his mentor to tell him what they'd learned.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:07 pm

[Steelhaven]

You found Jeffry in the hallway, he was showing a Mercere woman, you had seen her at Morningstar when you where there but had not gotten her name, into his office, the older Flambeau stopped when he saw you and Helena though.
"Mea fili."
He said.
"Whatever you found out it looks urgent...Sodales I beg your pardon but could I have a moment with my fili first?"
He said and the Mercere nodded.
"Sure Master Morgan, what if I go to the common room and get that offered meal first and a cup of coffee?"
The Red Cap asked and Jeffry nodded and he waved over Dion who was coming down the stairs.
"Off course Sodalis that would be perfect, Miss Blackwell could you show our guest to the common room and get her whatever she needs?"
He asked and Dion nodded.
"Sure Master Morgan."
She said. The Mercare inclined her head towards you and Helena and bowed to Jeffry before he joined Dion and headed towards the common room. Your Mentor indicated her office.
"Come in...did you speak with our guardian, what did you learn?"
He asked once he had ushered the two of you inside and closed the door.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:48 pm

[Parking lot]
Anja wrote:"I am quite fine Mr Wainwright, I was well fed before...ehm...this day's visitation, I am not hungry."
Vera said calmly.
"I am mostly just...well my head spins."
The vampiress admitted.
"Just driving comfortably will be quite enough."
She said as Alexis helped her settle in before the ghoul climbed into the front seat and put on the seatbelt, Vera took hold of FruFru's cage to make sure that was safe during the drive.
Colin nodded, "I wish I could tell you with certainty that it will pass shortly, but... well, I have no experience with being impaled like that. Which, I suppose, is fortunate as it would prove quite fatal to me. All the same, if you try to relax and play with FruFru through the carrier door, I'm fairly sure you'll be, hm, more at ease by the time we arrive."
He smiled thinly, "At the very least, it's a pleasant night for a world-threatening calamity like that bastard Wallace Jace trying to come back to life... He's like a real-life Vigo the Carpathian, except a lot more polite and less pleasant..."

((OOC: Also, let's not forget one of the most important additions to the Code, "Never play leapfrog with a unicorn!" Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:04 am

[Chantry Basement]

Anja wrote:"No that is no longer me, I serve Mistress Kira that is enough."
Lita said and she shook her head.

"But your not curious about them at all? Not curious about what your past non-torturous life was like?" he asked.

As he asked he made sure to get a good look at Lita's facial reaction when she answered. It was easy to deny something out loud using things you could control, such as your voice. But people's true feelings tended to appear in places beyond their control, such as their eye or facial movements.  

Anja wrote:"Oh yes she is very awful, but I love her, and yes torture is no fun, I do not recommend it."
The pawn said and she shook her head.
"It really hurt and just generally suck!"

Serge frowned as he heard that, his mentor's stories about domestic abuse victims flowing through his mind. Although he knew Lita's situation was much much worse.

"Sorry you had to go through that. I'll never know what it felt like but I certainly have an idea. Are you sure what you feel for her is love?" he asked.

Anja wrote:"The walls talk, but not like you think."
Lita replied.
"It is not cute like in games or anything it is just...wrong that is what he Labyrinth try to go for, wrongness, it try to be so foul it should not exist, that is what the Nephandi see as beautiful...which makes sense I guess, they are very odd after all, but don't tell them I said that or I will be punished."
She added with a giggle and she continued drawing.

"Don't worry, I won't tell anyone." Serge said with a smile. "So you guys have a kitchen, a library, monster walls. Anything else that's interesting?"

[Chantry Basement]

Nicole wrote:'Think it was an opportunity, like. Bet they really got off in doing that to that kind of woman; them hunters are all God-Squads, and now she'll drop her pants at command.' the Etherite replied, calmly but with a clear underscore of disgust.

"Wouldn't be surprised if a couple more hunters were sent to look for her and got mind-controlled as well. I'm not sure if the Leopold's are into the whole 'no man left behind' ideal." he commented.

Nicole wrote:'Well, you get on with that. Laters.'

He gave a quick wave as Nicole left saying, "I'll try to get it as quick as I can. See ya.", before heading back into the cell to see Lita.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:27 am

[Parking lot]

Colin nodded, "I wish I could tell you with certainty that it will pass shortly, but... well, I have no experience with being impaled like that. Which, I suppose, is fortunate as it would prove quite fatal to me. All the same, if you try to relax and play with FruFru through the carrier door, I'm fairly sure you'll be, hm, more at ease by the time we arrive."

"I assure you Sir that there is nothing wrong with me physically or supernaturally. I have healed my injury so there is nothing actually wrong anymore, I...am just shook up, what I experience is psychological and yes I am sure that FruFru will help me settle down."
Vera said and she petted the large white cat through the door of the carrier. Alexis nodded.
"She will be fine Mr Wainwright she is just...well it takes a bit of time to get over something like that."

He smiled thinly, "At the very least, it's a pleasant night for a world-threatening calamity like that bastard Wallace Jace trying to come back to life... He's like a real-life Vigo the Carpathian, except a lot more polite and less pleasant..."

"So it would seam."
Alexis said with a sigh.
"It seams mages face quite a few...interesting problems."

[Chantry Basement]

"But your not curious about them at all? Not curious about what your past non-torturous life was like?" he asked.

As he asked he made sure to get a good look at Lita's facial reaction when she answered. It was easy to deny something out loud using things you could control, such as your voice. But people's true feelings tended to appear in places beyond their control, such as their eye or facial movements.

"No not really no, this is who I am now."
Lita said and she shrugged, from her facial expression she had no interest in her former life what so ever.

Serge frowned as he heard that, his mentor's stories about domestic abuse victims flowing through his mind. Although he knew Lita's situation was much much worse.

"Sorry you had to go through that. I'll never know what it felt like but I certainly have an idea. Are you sure what you feel for her is love?" he asked.

"It is okey I am property so it is okey."
The prisoner said as she continued to draw.
"Pretty sure, Mistress Lily is terrifying and cruel but after she tortured me she would wash my wounds and she was my entire world, then she sold me and now I serve Mistress Kira who is much kinder to me."
She said in a completely accepting tone of voice.

"Don't worry, I won't tell anyone." Serge said with a smile. "So you guys have a kitchen, a library, monster walls. Anything else that's interesting?"

"Not really just the regular stuff, we have ritual rooms and such but I am not allowed to use them unless I am assisting my Mistress with a working, and we have well all the things one would need in a home, bedrooms, rec room, torture chambers, anything one would need. It is the only Labyrinth I have seen I think but I think it is pretty normal and you get used to the walls eventually."
Lita said and she shrugged.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:09 am

[Steelhaven]

Mea fili." He said. "Whatever you found out it looks urgent...Sodales I beg your pardon but could I have a moment with my fili first?" He said and the Mercere nodded

"Yes, sir, it is..." He nodded to the Mercere politely.

The Mercare inclined her head towards you and Helena and bowed to Jeffry before he joined Dion and headed towards the common room. Your Mentor indicated her office. "Come in...did you speak with our guardian, what did you learn?" He asked once he had ushered the two of you inside and closed the door.

He came into the room and waited for the door to be shut and wrote out quickly onto the tablet: 'He was told not to stop the invasion today in the daylight hour of Mercury, summoned to a place made of 'pale' (qlippothic) magick full of others (labyrinth? realm?). His form and charms were bound by ill-got knowledge of his Name. There is only one person that knows his Name in this now - knowledge has come from 'another now'? (future). He could not Name the person that influences him, and he is still under their sway. They are an elder in appearance with white hair, their body turned towards Mars and the Sun (?) but darkened (Fallen). They spoke with great authority (powerful). This Fallen, in a future-time, will have given him a command to attack the guardian here. He says this will happen soon from our now point of view; if this is not intervened, they will destroy one another.'

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:25 am

[Steelhaven]

"Yes, sir, it is..." He nodded to the Mercere politely.

Jeffry gave a concerned frown at that. The Mercere went with Dion she returned your nod politely before she left. Helena gave a small bow to the Mercere as well before she went into Jeffry's office.

He came into the room and waited for the door to be shut. "He was told not to stop the invasion today in the daylight hour of Mercury, summoned to a place made of 'pale' magick full of others as dark as he. Here he was bound, not his words, but his form and charms by ill-got knowledge of his Name. He could not Name the person that influences him, though they are likely Fallen, an elder in appearance with white hair, their body turned towards Mars and the Sun. They spoke with great authority.

"Our guardian's name was used to bind him by a Nephandus in a Labyrinth then...that was to be expected."
The Chief said with another deep frown.
"Did he say anything about how the Nephandi got his name?"

This dark one, in a future-time, will have given him a command to attack the guardian here. He says this will happen soon from our now point of view; if this is not intervened, they will destroy one another." He frowned.

Jeffry gave a long sequence of swears in Greek a few even you did not know.
"Well then...we are going to have to stop that."
He sad once the swearing was done.
"Fucking Nephandi!"

"He said that there is only one now that knows his Name in this now. Which leads me to suspect that somehow the knowledge has come from 'another now.'"

"Indeed...and that do worry me. I hope your Cabalmate's plan to get our...guest to talk will work for if not I will get that information out of him."
Jeffry said darkly and he sent a message to Colin.

"To: Mr W
Things have come up that have changed our time estimates, we need the information our Nephandi prisoner have, I will ask Lady C to see if she can find the needed arcane connections in the pawn, and by that convince the prisoner to talk, if he do not we are out of time and we will be forced, even if that harm his student. Just a heads up.
Be Well
JM."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:34 pm

[Chantry Basement]

Serge's Post:

'Might be. But fanatics rarely let themselves be captured.'

Serge's Post:

Nicole gave a nod to this before heading back up to her apartment.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:47 pm

[Parking lot]
Anja wrote:"I assure you Sir that there is nothing wrong with me physically or supernaturally. I have healed my injury so there is nothing actually wrong anymore, I...am just shook up, what I experience is psychological and yes I am sure that FruFru will help me settle down."
Vera said and she petted the large white cat through the door of the carrier. Alexis nodded.
"She will be fine Mr Wainwright she is just...well it takes a bit of time to get over something like that."
Colin nodded, "I've... had my share of trauma, is all. How quickly one bounces back, and how much help one needs to do so varies from person to person. But yes, I should say the prognosis looks very promising."

Anja wrote:"To: Mr W
Things have come up that have changed our time estimates, we need the information our Nephandi prisoner have, I will ask Lady C to see if she can find the needed arcane connections in the pawn, and by that convince the prisoner to talk, if he do not we are out of time and we will be forced, even if that harm his student. Just a heads up.
Be Well
JM."
He frowned and quickly typed back before hitting the road, 'Was not expecting to make it back before questioning; will not be responding while en route, but do let me know what the examination says, so I know what to expect upon returning.'

Anja wrote:"So it would seam."
Alexis said with a sigh.
"It seams mages face quite a few...interesting problems."
He smiled thinly, "All sorts of problems, ranging from 'which brand of soy sauce should I get for dinner' through 'how will I explain these stains to my dry cleaner' to 'there's an invisible monster trying to eat my neighbourhood'. And, of course, 'some ripe bastard is trying to unmake the world' happens a little too often, too, but fortunately, the world's a pretty resilient old place, so that last one isn't an actual problem too often... I suppose everything takes a bit of perspective; we might fret over the menu when having friends with specific dietary concerns over for dinner, just like everyone else. Only our friends just might happen to be gods. But we're still just having friends over for dinner."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:29 pm

[Chantry Basement]

Anja wrote:"It is okey I am property so it is okey."
The prisoner said as she continued to draw.
"Pretty sure, Mistress Lily is terrifying and cruel but after she tortured me she would wash my wounds and she was my entire world, then she sold me and now I serve Mistress Kira who is much kinder to me."
She said in a completely accepting tone of voice.

"Pretty sure you were just in love with the fact that you weren't being tortured anymore." he commented. "What's Kira like anyways? She seemed like a decent enough person. Is she as awful as Lily?"

Anja wrote:"Not really just the regular stuff, we have ritual rooms and such but I am not allowed to use them unless I am assisting my Mistress with a working, and we have well all the things one would need in a home, bedrooms, rec room, torture chambers, anything one would need. It is the only Labyrinth I have seen I think but I think it is pretty normal and you get used to the walls eventually."
Lita said and she shrugged.

"No sacrifice rooms? Or do use the ritual rooms for stuff like that?" he asked.

Serge wrote:....before heading back into the cell to see Lita.

Serge re-entered the cell, grimacing as he felt the anti magick taking hold of him. He looked over at Lita and said, "Sorry about that. My cabalmate needed to tell me some things."

He glanced over to see what progress she had made on her drawing of Lily.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:11 pm

[Nicole's Apartment]

You got up to your apartment to find Jon outside of it waiting for you.
"Nick I have some more data, not all of it yet but some."
The Virtual Adept announced sounding pleased with himself.

[Parking lot]

Colin nodded, "I've... had my share of trauma, is all. How quickly one bounces back, and how much help one needs to do so varies from person to person. But yes, I should say the prognosis looks very promising."

"I will be fine Mr Wainwright...but I sure do not want to do that again."
Vera said with a shudder.
"I will watch over you Mistress and make sure you stay safe."
Alexis promised but she did not look confident, she had failed to protect her Mistress this day and she clearly was not sure if she could do so next time someone came knocking.

He frowned and quickly typed back before hitting the road, 'Was not expecting to make it back before questioning; will not be responding while en route, but do let me know what the examination says, so I know what to expect upon returning.'

You got a reply back which said.

"To: Mr W
I will do so.
Be Well
JM."

He smiled thinly, "All sorts of problems, ranging from 'which brand of soy sauce should I get for dinner' through 'how will I explain these stains to my dry cleaner' to 'there's an invisible monster trying to eat my neighbourhood'. And, of course, 'some ripe bastard is trying to unmake the world' happens a little too often, too, but fortunately, the world's a pretty resilient old place, so that last one isn't an actual problem too often... I suppose everything takes a bit of perspective; we might fret over the menu when having friends with specific dietary concerns over for dinner, just like everyone else. Only our friends just might happen to be gods. But we're still just having friends over for dinner."

"Gods? As in actual Gods?"
Alexis asked and she raised an eyebrow.
"But yes we have allot of the same thing, most of our life is really mundane, getting the kitty sad and FruFru prefers, helping friends out, watching Netflix and then go meet some eight hundred year old vampire...you know everyday life."
The ghoul said with a grin.
"However these world destroying guys are just assholes."

[Chantry Basement]

"Pretty sure you were just in love with the fact that you weren't being tortured anymore." he commented.

"Ok."
Lita said but she clearly did not buy what you was saying.

"What's Kira like anyways? She seemed like a decent enough person. Is she as awful as Lily?"

"Mistress Kira have never hurt me, she is very nice."
The pawn said.
"She have given me gifts and I take care of her, she try to protect me from the others in the Labyrinth as well..."

"No sacrifice rooms? Or do use the ritual rooms for stuff like that?" he asked.

"Why would we have rooms for sacrifice when that things are used to fuel magick done in ritual rooms, that would make no sense."
Lita asked and she raised an eyebrow.

Serge re-entered the cell, grimacing as he felt the anti magick taking hold of him. He looked over at Lita and said, "Sorry about that. My cabalmate needed to tell me some things."

He glanced over to see what progress she had made on her drawing of Lily.

"That is ok..."
The pawn said, she was still shading the drawing and putting in details.

(OOC: Well then we are at 30 000 posts, this is an amazing game. 3 free exp for everyone. Very Happy )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:38 pm

[Nicole's Apartment]

Anja's Post:

Silently, Nicole nodded to this, opened the door and gestured to Jon to follow her. 'Yeah?' she said, going over the the couch and hunting around on it for something.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:51 pm

[Nicole's Apartment]

"Well first all the phones we got upstairs are mostly useless, they have been smart and gotten burners to use during missions so that if a phone was lost or taken by the enemy we could not get much from them, or at least that is true from the Nephandi, for the gunmen I assume are pawns like I said I know where they have been and that map I have sent you. I have also found the store the burner phones was bought in."
Jon replied as he walked inside your apartment.
"I have however gotten more from the search I did on the missing woman, I have surveillance footage from when she was taken, and have been able to get footage from various cameras along to way...until any cameras just loose the car, I suspect it is either teleported, go into the Umbra or they use some sort of cloak of some sort."
The Virtual Adept gestured towards his phone.
"I have the footage I did manage to get here with me though."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:59 pm

[Parking lot]
Anja wrote:"Gods? As in actual Gods?"
Alexis asked and she raised an eyebrow.
"But yes we have allot of the same thing, most of our life is really mundane, getting the kitty sad and FruFru prefers, helping friends out, watching Netflix and then go meet some eight hundred year old vampire...you know everyday life."
The ghoul said with a grin.
"However these world destroying guys are just assholes."
Colin smiled enigmatically, "Well, there are tiers of Gods, I should say... Big gods, and small gods, and every possible and impossible form of spirit that may or may not have been worshiped at some point. If things go well, though, I will be speaking with an old God later tonight, to ask for a small favour - though not over dinner."
He turned serious, "It turns out, there aren't many ways to get a vampire's soul out of... what awaits after. But it is possible. And I have an obligation to try..."
He smiled wryly, "And you just summed up the Nephandi quite succinctly. They're often known to work with... I believe you call your infernalists Baali? There's some overlap in ideologies there."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:21 pm

[Parking lot]

Colin smiled enigmatically, "Well, there are tiers of Gods, I should say... Big gods, and small gods, and every possible and impossible form of spirit that may or may not have been worshiped at some point. If things go well, though, I will be speaking with an old God later tonight, to ask for a small favour - though not over dinner."

"You will be speaking with a God? As in actually speaking to not just praying?"
Alexis asked and she raised and eyebrow.
"Do mages do that allot? Speaking with Gods and spirits I mean? That is actually pretty impressive, are they powerful to?"

He turned serious, "It turns out, there aren't many ways to get a vampire's soul out of... what awaits after. But it is possible. And I have an obligation to try..."

"You are obligated to help get a vampire out of...the afterlife that await them Mr Wainwright?"
The ghoul asked. Vera thought had gotten very quiet and she glanced over at you from the back of the car but she said nothing.

He smiled wryly, "And you just summed up the Nephandi quite succinctly. They're often known to work with... I believe you call your infernalists Baali? There's some overlap in ideologies there."

"Oh I see...well they sound...lovely...damn assholes all around eh."
Alexis said with a frown.
"Good luck in stopping their plans."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:28 pm

[Parking lot]
Anja wrote:"You will be speaking with a God? As in actually speaking to not just praying?"
Alexis asked and she raised and eyebrow.
"Do mages do that allot? Speaking with Gods and spirits I mean? That is actually pretty impressive, are they powerful to?"
Colin shrugged softly, "Celestial Gods, no, that's not something that's done often... They might be beings with which one can communicate, but they are still Gods, and their patience, or lack thereof, is pretty well documented in mythology and religion. And they are incredibly powerful, though usually in fairly limited areas of authority. To scale it down to mortal concepts, a mathematics professor at a university is immensely knowledgeable regarding mathematics, but perhaps not so much familiar with, say, Revolutionary War history... And yes, I mean I will be facing a God later..."

Anja wrote:"You are obligated to help get a vampire out of...the afterlife that await them Mr Wainwright?"
The ghoul asked. Vera thought had gotten very quiet and she glanced over at you from the back of the car but she said nothing.
He nodded, frowning "I dare say I am... it was my fault she died, and she didn't have to... I can't bring her back to life, but I have to try to give her peace..."

Anja wrote:"Oh I see...well they sound...lovely...damn assholes all around eh."
Alexis said with a frown.
"Good luck in stopping their plans."
He smiled, "Thank you, I shall make sure to pass on the sentiment when I do."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:46 pm

[Steelhaven, Security Office]

"Our guardian's name was used to bind him by a Nephandus in a Labyrinth then...that was to be expected."
The Chief said with another deep frown.
"Did he say anything about how the Nephandi got his name?"

"From what I gathered he doesn't know and he's not happy about it at all."

Well then...we are going to have to stop that."
He sad once the swearing was done.
"Fucking Nephandi!"

"What can we do?" he asked, looking concerned.

"Indeed...and that do worry me. I hope your Cabalmate's plan to get our...guest to talk will work for if not I will get that information out of him."
Jeffry said darkly and he sent a message to Colin.

He frowned, waiting for him to finish his exchange with Colin and then to give him new orders.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:57 pm

[Chantry Basement]

Anja wrote:"Mistress Kira have never hurt me, she is very nice."
The pawn said.
"She have given me gifts and I take care of her, she try to protect me from the others in the Labyrinth as well..."

"She sounds nicer than most. Why does she need to protect you from the others in the labyrinth?" he asked, knowing full well what sort of answer she would give.

Anja wrote:"Why would we have rooms for sacrifice when that things are used to fuel magick done in ritual rooms, that would make no sense."
Lita asked and she raised an eyebrow.

"Cause isn't human sacrifice a big deal for you guys, what with all the eldritch spirits you guys are summoning? Wouldn't it make sense to have a special room for it? With the daggers and the altars and the scary symbolism everywhere."

Anja wrote:"That is ok..."
The pawn said, she was still shading the drawing and putting in details.

"Still working on Lily eh." Serge said nodding towards the drawing. He took a seat on the floor as well and began to drawing something on his notepad, continuing to talk with Lily. "Hey I never actually asked you. Which bus did you get on anyways? To get to our chantry? Was it close to your labyrinth?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 30  Next