Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Army of Ghosts, A Sad Nephanda and two Angels IC Thread 40

5 posters

Page 30 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30

Go down

An Army of Ghosts, A Sad Nephanda and two Angels IC Thread 40 - Page 30 Empty Re: An Army of Ghosts, A Sad Nephanda and two Angels IC Thread 40

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:52 pm

[Jeffry's Office]

"We got through allot of what we needed to do and made a plan, now we need to put that plan into action Mr Yager."
Crexia said.
"I have this feeling that what was mentioned as trouble at another Chantry in this Tribunal...Riverside was it? Is probably something that concern Boston mages more than me so yes if you would follow me young man, back to the room you showed me to when I arrived."
The lich waited to see if anyone had anything to add to her. Jeffry stood and he bowed to the older Hermetic, Helena bowed as well.
"I will talk with you later Lady Crexia."
The Chief said and Crexia nodded.
"Indeed, good evening Master Morgan, Mr Wainwright, Miss Mar, Mr Roth Hicks I will see you later."
She said before leaving the office, letting Serge open the door for her. Jeffry called out before the two mages left though.
"Ah Mr Yager, before you practice with the good lady, please remember your task of running up to the infirmary to deliver my message to Dr Lee."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

An Army of Ghosts, A Sad Nephanda and two Angels IC Thread 40 - Page 30 Empty Re: An Army of Ghosts, A Sad Nephanda and two Angels IC Thread 40

Post by Adley Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:26 pm

[Chief's office]

"Very well you might as well join me when this meeting it over then Mr Roth Hicks, and you as well Miss Mar."
Crexia said and you sister inclined her head.
"Thank you Magister Mundi."

He gave her a bow of his head.

"My Cabalmate asked me to watch over it when he was targeted by Wallace Jace."
Jeffry explained.

He nodded at that, and then frowned slightly as hearing Jace's name never brought any positive reaction from him.

f you showed this to your Mentor he would nod grimly.
"Yes indeed. If need be I will use my own personal Tass stores to protect my Cabalmate. But yes these ghosts will need to be dealt with, and so will also the situation at Riverside, we can not forget about that."

'Thank you - I am not sure if I used too much or just enough tass and got lucky when I tried what I did. It seemed to fend off the spirit out of something else entirely than just the strength of it. But as we have issues with this new threat of the ward-breaker person, the we will need the help we can get.' He showed this to his pater and after his reply looked over at Serge thoughtfully and wrote out a note for him too: 'I think I heard you say you imbued your door with a sort of spell that affected minds if tampered with? Could you do that to other things, such as wards if someone tampered with them?'

He nodded, "Good, then... Ah, Lady Crexia, that reminds me, would you object to Kira getting to keep her... well, her Custos, I suppose she would become. I believe it would be healthy for Kira to have a dependent, as she would be, and Lita is... unable to survive on her own, I'm afraid. I promised Kira I would ask."
"I would not mind at all Mr Wainwright I am quite used to owning slaves and this modern idea that there is anything wrong with that puzzle me greatly. However the pawn might be better serve becoming an apprentice of her own to a patient and understanding teacher, I will speak with them about it."
The lich said. Jeffry's eyes grew darker but he did not speak, the temperature in the room increased a bit through.

There were moments like this when Crexia's age and solidification of said older viewpoints showed more than other times, and made his pater seem 'modern' and 'progressive' now in hindsight. He frowned too, recalling the whole ordeal with another person and having to protect them by making them an apprentice after claiming them. But they didn't have time for an involved discussion about it at the moment, even assuming she would want to do so.

"It was not a Paradox spirit Mr Wainwright, it serve a Paradox spirit but it is just an Umbrood, I have not included her in the wards but you can invite her in, yes the Scribe is listed as one of the inhabitants."
Jeffry replied.

"I'm sorry, remind me which one this is so I know I am thinking of the right one?"

He pondered, then nodded to Crexia, "Well, I'll go attend to my work, then, and I'll see you later for that mind shield, Milady?"

"Are we doing this thing now, or should I go with the Lady first and them meet you?" he asked Colin before he left.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:00 pm

[Chief's office]

Thank you - I am not sure if I used too much or just enough tass and got lucky when I tried what I did. It seemed to fend off the spirit out of something else entirely than just the strength of it.

Your Mentor gestured for the tablet when you showed it to him and wrote out.
"The Tass was enough to fuel the spell so it was enough but I think you are not used to channel such amounts of raw Quintessence through your Avatar so it affected you, but it is not only Tass fueling that spell, remember mea filius our House are known for our passion and emotions are kind of magick of their own, that is why the original Parma actually dampened a magus' ability to feel emotions while it was active, and your emotions drove that spell you cast making it stronger than it had otherwise been."
Before handing it back to you.

But as we have issues with this new threat of the ward-breaker person, the we will need the help we can get.' He showed this to his pater and after his reply

"Indeed and I have some Tass that might give a person attempting to get through our wards a bit of a warm surprise, but yes we must get this ward breaker and we must get the ghosts in Wallace Jace's service, it seams we have our work cut out for us."
The old war mage grumbled.

"I'm sorry, remind me which one this is so I know I am thinking of the right one?"

"The Time based Umbrood that attacked young Miss Wainwright and who your Cabalmate got to cooperate with us by giving her a new name."
Your Mentor explained.

(OOC: If Adley starts playing MtG he is not going to play with a Jace deck. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:46 pm

[Chief's office]

"The Tass was enough to fuel the spell so it was enough but I think you are not used to channel such amounts of raw Quintessence through your Avatar so it affected you, but it is not only Tass fueling that spell, remember mea filius our House are known for our passion and emotions are kind of magick of their own, that is why the original Parma actually dampened a magus' ability to feel emotions while it was active, and your emotions drove that spell you cast making it stronger than it had otherwise been."

'I used more tass than I ever have, that was a lot - do you think that trying to keep it active will require the same amount? I think I must have used almost ten drams. As for the emotions...I think I can summon those up again. I have never done anything like that before and I am not sure if he knows exactly what I did or not because we haven't even gotten a chance to discuss it much - though he got the general idea, I asked of course beforehand.' He looked a bit embarrassed and defiantly against the odds at the same time as he handed the tablet back to him.

"The Time based Umbrood that attacked young Miss Wainwright and who your Cabalmate got to cooperate with us by giving her a new name."
Your Mentor explained.

"Ah, of course."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:01 pm

[Chief's office]

'I used more tass than I ever have, that was a lot - do you think that trying to keep it active will require the same amount? I think I must have used almost ten drams. As for the emotions...I think I can summon those up again. I have never done anything like that before and I am not sure if he knows exactly what I did or not because we haven't even gotten a chance to discuss it much - though he got the general idea, I asked of course beforehand.' He looked a bit embarrassed and defiantly against the odds at the same time as he handed the tablet back to him.

Jeffry read what you had written and he wrote up a reply in the wax.
"No keeping it active will require some Quintessence but not the same amount as creating the ward in the first place. What my Cabalmate knows of what you did is hard to say and it is a matter between the two of you, however if you are able to summon up those emotions again when they are needed, then you should be able to refresh or even recreate the spell. Also mea filius I am grateful to you for protecting my youngest Cabalmate, we would have all been devastated if we had lost him, thank you.
The old war mage handed you the tablet back with a warm look in his eyes.

Ah, of course."

Jeffry nodded at that.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:09 pm

[Jeffry's Office]

Anja wrote:"I have this feeling that what was mentioned as trouble at another Chantry in this Tribunal...Riverside was it? Is probably something that concern Boston mages more than me so yes if you would follow me young man, back to the room you showed me to when I arrived."
The lich waited to see if anyone had anything to add to her. Jeffry stood and he bowed to the older Hermetic, Helena bowed as well.
"Indeed, good evening Master Morgan, Mr Wainwright, Miss Mar, Mr Roth Hicks I will see you later."
She said before leaving the office, letting Serge open the door for her.

Serge politely opened the door for Crexia and let the archmaga leave before him, wanting to be on his best behavior before his lesson.

He glanced back those remaining in the office, waving them farwell and saying, "See ya guys later.", before leaving the room and leading Crexia back to the indicated room.

Anja wrote:Jeffry called out before the two mages left though.
"Ah Mr Yager, before you practice with the good lady, please remember your task of running up to the infirmary to deliver my message to Dr Lee."

"Oh right." Serge said suddenly realizing his other task, having forgotten in the excitement of learning a new spell. "Sure thing. I'll do that quickly."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:13 pm

[Jeffry's Office]

"Oh right." Serge said suddenly realizing his other task, having forgotten in the excitement of learning a new spell. "Sure thing. I'll do that quickly."

"Why don't you walk me to my chambers and then run and do your task and come back young man."
Crexia suggested as she headed towards the stairs.
"You remember which room it is do you not Mr Yager?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:51 pm

[Chief's office]

"No keeping it active will require some Quintessence but not the same amount as creating the ward in the first place. What my Cabalmate knows of what you did is hard to say and it is a matter between the two of you, however if you are able to summon up those emotions again when they are needed, then you should be able to refresh or even recreate the spell. Also mea filius I am grateful to you for protecting my youngest Cabalmate, we would have all been devastated if we had lost him, thank you.
The old war mage handed you the tablet back with a warm look in his eyes.

He nodded and then cleared off the board again. "Of course."

// part of a previous post had a question for Serge though it was kind of buried: ..."he looked over at Serge thoughtfully and wrote out a note for him too: 'I think I heard you say you imbued your door with a sort of spell that affected minds if tampered with? Could you do that to other things, such as wards if someone tampered with them?'

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:04 pm

[Steelhaven Security Office]

Jeffry looked at you for å moment then he nodded.
"Well then ladies and gentlemen is there anything else we need to discuss before we get to our tasks?"
The Security Chief asked the gsthered magi.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:09 am

[Chief's office]

Adley wrote: ..."he looked over at Serge thoughtfully and wrote out a note for him too: 'I think I heard you say you imbued your door with a sort of spell that affected minds if tampered with? Could you do that to other things, such as wards if someone tampered with them?'

Serge took the note and read it. "It's not the door that's imbued. It's a picture near the door. Anyone going through the door when it's not covered would look at it and fall under it's effects. Anything that can bear my art can be imbued with that sort of magick. So that when a person is looks at it, touches it, or is nearby it their affected by the spell." he explained.

"I did imbue the door at Shawn's former prison, so that anyone who opens it will see Shawn still inside. And I can certainly make wards that affect a persons mind when they enter into it's effective region. I don't know if I could make magickal wards that affect people that attempt to tamper with said ward though. Although that's because I've never attempted something like that. I'd have to experiment a bit to give you a more concrete answer."

Anja wrote:"Why don't you walk me to my chambers and then run and do your task and come back young man."
Crexia suggested as she headed towards the stairs.
"You remember which room it is do you not Mr Yager?"

"That sounds like a good idea." Serge said with a nod, following Lady Crexia. "I'm sorry, but I don't think I remember where your chambers are." he added nervously, not recalling which room the archmage was her chambers. He had only lead her from the large ritual room to the common and then the two had very little interaction since then.  

(OOC: Oops. Sorry Strife.)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:10 am

[Chief's office]

Serge took the note and read it. "It's not the door that's imbued. It's a picture near the door. Anyone going through the door when it's not covered would look at it and fall under it's effects. Anything that can bear my art can be imbued with that sort of magick. So that when a person is looks at it, touches it, or is nearby it their affected by the spell." he explained.

"That is a clever little spell Mr Yager."
Crexia said and she nodded approvingly.

"That sounds like a good idea." Serge said with a nod, following Lady Crexia. "I'm sorry, but I don't think I remember where your chambers are." he added nervously, not recalling which room the archmage was her chambers. He had only lead her from the large ritual room to the common and then the two had very little interaction since then.

"It is up on the second floor, room 220."
The lich said then she continued towards the stairs.
"I will see you in a little bit then young man."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:31 am

"It's not the door that's imbued. It's a picture near the door. Anyone going through the door when it's not covered would look at it and fall under it's effects. Anything that can bear my art can be imbued with that sort of magick. So that when a person is looks at it, touches it, or is nearby it their affected by the spell."

"Ah, I see..."

"I did imbue the door at Shawn's former prison, so that anyone who opens it will see Shawn still inside. And I can certainly make wards that affect a persons mind when they enter into it's effective region. I don't know if I could make magickal wards that affect people that attempt to tamper with said ward though. Although that's because I've never attempted something like that. I'd have to experiment a bit to give you a more concrete answer."

'You know correspondence ars which may be useful. Do you also know any prime? I'm curious if we can find a way to distract the ward-breaker in some way as to render their time wasted, or to come to no effect if they attempt to dismantle the ward if we can't find them ahead of time. Preferably without killing or harming them unduly outright.' He offered him out the tablet.

// no worries

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:13 am

Crexia watched the tablet to back and forth not knowing what was being said she still spoke up.
"You know this ward braker is quite young. Mr Yager and his imagination might be the perfect weapon to use to keep hun distracted long enough for us to stop him from getting through the wards."
The lich archmage said thoughtfully.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:43 am

[Boston]

Anja's Post:

'Uh-huh.' Unless the Chief had anything more to add, Nicole will end the call.

[Warehouse]

Anja's Post:

'True... but unlikely to be trapped if folk are moving through here.'
Nicole replied. 'Okay; sixty-second check. We learn roughly what's in the boxes so we can report, then we pull out.' taking out her pistol and readying to pull up the shutters...

[Malfunctioning public transport is a massive bitch...]

[Sorry; forum ate post yesterday and I was 'waiting' for it's reply, which clearly didn't exist]

[Another busy day today...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:03 am

[Boston]

Jeffry had nothing more to add before you ended the call.

[Werehouse]

The other two nodded at your instruction.
"Agreed traps would be unwise if a sleeper ended up triggering one there would be trouble."
Jon said with a nod.
"I will keep an eye on my app to see if someone is coming."

When you open the roll down door you saw a small room, the small portal like thing stood on a stand in the middle, just a ring of pewter is what it looked like with symbols along the edges. Towards the back there was a bunch of stacked cardboard boxes and along the sides where wooden crates.
"I take the boxes and you the crates?"
Henrietta offered as she headed into the small room.

(OOC: Yeah public transportation can be a bitch at times but I do not drive and using air travel just gets so expensive.)

(OOC 2: Yeah the forum will do that, it is a good idea to always make a copy of a post before pressing send, at least if it is a long one.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:41 am

[Jeffry's Office]
Anja wrote:"I did not mean any offense Mr Wainwright."
Helena said and she raised an eyebrow clearly not understanding what you meant.
Colin grimaced, "I wasn't... offended. Just uncomfortably reminded of what every piece of my Avatar has gone through. I don't know from whom all the shards came, but if a Flambeau was... sentenced between 1470 and 1970, yes, they're most likely in there..."
He sighed, "I suppose I represent a chance for redemption for them all, in a way..."

Anja wrote:"Indeed Mr Wainwright, once things have calmed down and my Cabalmate is safe I will again ask him to put the packet somewhere no one but he can reach it, so yes it should be quite safe for now."
The Security Chief said with a nod.
He nodded, "I'm satisfied with that. The rightful recipient should, of course, be notified of the reasons for the delay, but... right now, an upset researcher is a small price to pay under the circumstances."

Anja wrote:"I would not mind at all Mr Wainwright I am quite used to owning slaves and this modern idea that there is anything wrong with that puzzle me greatly. However the pawn might be better serve becoming an apprentice of her own to a patient and understanding teacher, I will speak with them about it."
The lich said. Jeffry's eyes grew darker but he did not speak, the temperature in the room increased a bit through.
S7trif3 wrote:There were moments like this when Crexia's age and solidification of said older viewpoints showed more than other times, and made his pater seem 'modern' and 'progressive' now in hindsight. He frowned too, recalling the whole ordeal with another person and having to protect them by making them an apprentice after claiming them. But they didn't have time for an involved discussion about it at the moment, even assuming she would want to do so.
He cleared his throat lightly, "Ah, that's... a debate for another time. Though a large part of the issue is the dehumanizing aspect of it; one more thing the Americans managed to take to such extremes that they've pretty much managed to make people forget there were any other forms of a concept..."

Anja wrote:"It was not a Paradox spirit Mr Wainwright, it serve a Paradox spirit but it is just an Umbrood, I have not included her in the wards but you can invite her in, yes the Scribe is listed as one of the inhabitants."
Jeffry replied.
S7trif3 wrote:"I'm sorry, remind me which one this is so I know I am thinking of the right one?"
Anja wrote:"The Time based Umbrood that attacked young Miss Wainwright and who your Cabalmate got to cooperate with us by giving her a new name."
Your Mentor explained.
S7trif3 wrote:"Ah, of course."
Anja wrote:Jeffry nodded at that.
He nodded, "Ah, right, of course. That, at least, makes it a little less intimidating to send to Horizon..."

Anja wrote:"According to Master Haagen yes we have a protection against the gas."
Jeffry said.
"We can ask Kira when this offer was made but es some protection in case there is more of that gas around is a good idea."
He said with a nod.
He nodded, "Well, Mr. Yager is running up to the infirmary anyway... If he's got the breath to spare, I'm sure he can ask on my behalf."

Anja wrote:Crexia nodded at that. She put her tea cup on the Chief's desk and stood.
"Certainly Mr Wainwright that works for me."
She agreed.
"I do think we are starting to finish up here, is there anything else that should be discussed while we are all still here?"
Jeremy wrote:"I have nothing more to add." Serge said, standing up and getting ready to follow Lady Crexia. "Think we got through a lot of the important stuff."
Anja wrote:"We got through allot of what we needed to do and made a plan, now we need to put that plan into action Mr Yager."
Crexia said.
"I have this feeling that what was mentioned as trouble at another Chantry in this Tribunal...Riverside was it? Is probably something that concern Boston mages more than me so yes if you would follow me young man, back to the room you showed me to when I arrived."
She said before leaving the office, letting Serge open the door for her. Jeffry called out before the two mages left though.
Jeremy wrote:Serge politely opened the door for Crexia and let the archmaga leave before him, wanting to be on his best behavior before his lesson.

He glanced back those remaining in the office, waving them farwell and saying, "See ya guys later.", before leaving the room and leading Crexia back to the indicated room.
Jeremy wrote:"Oh right." Serge said suddenly realizing his other task, having forgotten in the excitement of learning a new spell. "Sure thing. I'll do that quickly."
Anja wrote:Jeffry looked at you for å moment then he nodded.
"Well then ladies and gentlemen is there anything else we need to discuss before we get to our tasks?"
The Security Chief asked the gsthered magi.
He nodded, "No, I believe that would be about it... Oh, yes, someone ought to tell Master Nassa about the Riverside situation; preferably not a Hermetic. That can of worms is nasty enough as it is..."

S7trif3 wrote:"Are we doing this thing now, or should I go with the Lady first and them meet you?" he asked Colin before he left.
He nodded, "No time like the present; I've held off sending protections to the good doctor for longer than I probably should... Hm, ritual chamber two, do you think?"

((OOC: Blah, NSB/Vy have been a terrible company for anyone wanting to travel long distance for decades... There's a very good reason I take the plane if heading over to Oslo - each of the last four or five times I've taken the trip by train, there's been a roughly three-hour unexpected stop somewhere high in the mountains in one of the two directions. And yet they keep buying new trains that can go faster, but keep the 110+ years old rails in place, so the trains are forced to slow down... The extra money for airfare, and the cramped seat for about an hour is well worth saving a few hours' travel time, and three hours' sitting stuck in the middle of nowhere. :/ ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:11 am

[Jeffry's Office]

Colin grimaced, "I wasn't... offended. Just uncomfortably reminded of what every piece of my Avatar has gone through. I don't know from whom all the shards came, but if a Flambeau was... sentenced between 1470 and 1970, yes, they're most likely in there..."
He sighed, "I suppose I represent a chance for redemption for them all, in a way..."

"I am sorry, those must be terrible memories Mr Wainwright please forgive me for reminding you of them."
Helena said apologetically the room cooled down a bit as the Flambeau woman felt regret and horror at the topic at hand.
"There have been...three members of our House sentenced in that time period Mr Wainwright, two for Falling and one who was a...a very...regretable case, but he was one of the few who deserved the ritual, perhaps more than the Fallen, horrible as it is."
Jeffry said his eyes darkening and he looked down into his coffee.
"A spot of shame on our House's grand reputation."

He nodded, "I'm satisfied with that. The rightful recipient should, of course, be notified of the reasons for the delay, but... right now, an upset researcher is a small price to pay under the circumstances."

"I am sure we can smooth over any ruffled feathers, for now the remains have to be kept safe and secret."
The Security Chief replied.

He cleared his throat lightly, "Ah, that's... a debate for another time. Though a large part of the issue is the dehumanizing aspect of it; one more thing the Americans managed to take to such extremes that they've pretty much managed to make people forget there were any other forms of a concept..."

"Depending on the time period Romans was better or worse. When I was a girl...slaves was rather harshly treated, there was drop in shops where you could hire the services of those who would punish or execute your slaves for you if you did not want to do so yourself, this led to a massive revolt though. At other times slaves have had rather strong rights. For me personally owning another human being is not in itself wrong, wanton cruelty however is, and race based slavery is wrong as it do not consider the qualities of the individual."
Crexia commented.
"But yes a discussion for another time."
She agreed, Jeffry said nothing but the content of his cup started to boil, at least he would have hot coffee.

He nodded, "Ah, right, of course. That, at least, makes it a little less intimidating to send to Horizon..."

"Indeed so Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry agreed as he sipped his very warm coffee, this did not seam to burn him, the man had at times seamed to have a certain heat resistance.

He nodded, "Well, Mr. Yager is running up to the infirmary anyway... If he's got the breath to spare, I'm sure he can ask on my behalf."

"Indeed Mr Yager would you be so kind as to ask our young prisoner..."
Jeffry begun but after a look from Crexia he corrected it to.
"Ehm Lady Crexia's new apprentice about what time the offer of the Avatar harming gas was made to her former Labyrinth?"

He nodded, "No, I believe that would be about it... Oh, yes, someone ought to tell Master Nassa about the Riverside situation; preferably not a Hermetic. That can of worms is nasty enough as it is..."

"Yes I agree, well as one of the two non Hermetics in the room, I would say that task then falls to you Mr Wainwright."
The Security Chief said with a grin before he sipped his coffee again.

He nodded, "No time like the present; I've held off sending protections to the good doctor for longer than I probably should... Hm, ritual chamber two, do you think?"

"Yes it should be free now but check the roser for the use of ritual rooms to be sure, it is still on the wall of the common room."
Jeffry replied with a nod.

(OOC: What annoy me is that the entire situation could have been avoided if they had used just a little bit extra time and given the passengers new seats, it would not be that hard, to fit the passangers into other carts, that way we would have a seat number and could have called ahead and asked if that was in the family cart and changed the seat if need be, but they simply said oh sorry, your seat is gone we will get you a seat later just travel without a seat ticket. Worst case then you will end up standing for five hours. They do not have even a minimum of customer service. The problem is that I go to see my mother five or six times a year so it gets to expensive to travel that often by plane.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:21 am

[Jeffry's Office]
Anja wrote:"I am sorry, those must be terrible memories Mr Wainwright please forgive me for reminding you of them."
Helena said apologetically the room cooled down a bit as the Flambeau woman felt regret and horror at the topic at hand.
"There have been...three members of our House sentenced in that time period Mr Wainwright, two for Falling and one who was a...a very...regretable case, but he was one of the few who deserved the ritual, perhaps more than the Fallen, horrible as it is."
Jeffry said his eyes darkening and he looked down into his coffee.
"A spot of shame on our House's grand reputation."
Colin sighed, "It's not so much the memories, as the knowledge of what they'd been through... and why."
He closed his eyes and looked inward, seeing if he could sense a shard that might respond to the discussion.

Anja wrote:"Depending on the time period Romans was better or worse. When I was a girl...slaves was rather harshly treated, there was drop in shops where you could hire the services of those who would punish or execute your slaves for you if you did not want to do so yourself, this led to a massive revolt though. At other times slaves have had rather strong rights. For me personally owning another human being is not in itself wrong, wanton cruelty however is, and race based slavery is wrong as it do not consider the qualities of the individual."
Crexia commented.
"But yes a discussion for another time."
She agreed, Jeffry said nothing but the content of his cup started to boil, at least he would have hot coffee.
He kept half an eye on Morgan's mug, making sure it wasn't boiling over.

Anja wrote:"Yes I agree, well as one of the two non Hermetics in the room, I would say that task then falls to you Mr Wainwright."
The Security Chief said with a grin before he sipped his coffee again.
He sighed, "Well, after I ask the spirits to protect his half-Traditionmate, then. Better to have a bit of extra good news, in addition to Beatrice coming home, before springing the really miserable part on him..."

Anja wrote:"Yes it should be free now but check the roser for the use of ritual rooms to be sure, it is still on the wall of the common room."
Jeffry replied with a nod.
He nodded, "I was thinking more of the feel of the room, but yes, I wouldn't want to impose on anyone else's time."

((OOC: That's NSB in a nutshell, though - they'll happily spend billions (NOK) on rebranding and new trains, and completely neglect service and the infrastructure on which the trains are dependent...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:41 pm

[Jeffry's Office]

Colin sighed, "It's not so much the memories, as the knowledge of what they'd been through... and why."
He closed his eyes and looked inward, seeing if he could sense a shard that might respond to the discussion.

"I understand that must be terrible Mr Wainwright again I am so sorry I spoke without thinking."
Helena said and she looked down. You saw in your soul a man, he was tall and handsome with dark hair and eyes which burned with righteous, unrepentant anger. His hands was dripping with blood and around him lay strewn the burned remains of his victims.
"No it is bad enough we accepted the bloody Sons of Ether, but I will not let the Traditions to be further fouled by the filth of the Technocracy!"
The man said and you knew what he had done. In 1966 when the five year probation period of the Virtual Adepts was over and the Traditions was celebrating their new members he had betrayed and murdered an Adept and a Etherite member of his Cabal before moving on to a bar where a dozen or so Virtual Adepts was cerebrating their new status as full members of the Traditions, using his magick this man had burned the bar with the twelve Virtual Adepts and as many sleepers inside, burning them alive. He had been sentenced to Gilgul and death for betrayal of his Cabal, high treason, murder and harming sleepers, and he did not regret one bit of it and he had gone to his fate convinced he was in the right.
"My name was Adeptus Major Xavier Farvalley Hermes bani Flambeau."
The shard said proudly.
"And the fucking Technocrats got exactly what they deserved."
He shouted and Mia gave him a stern look.
"Okey that is quite enough from you, back into the cluster you go!"
She decreed and Xavier glared at her but he obeyed and sunk back into the cluster of other shards.

He kept half an eye on Morgan's mug, making sure it wasn't boiling over.

All the liquid stayed in the cup.

He sighed, "Well, after I ask the spirits to protect his half-Traditionmate, then. Better to have a bit of extra good news, in addition to Beatrice coming home, before springing the really miserable part on him..."

"Agreed that is probably a good idea Mr Wainwright my Verbena Cabalmate can be a prickly old coot."
Jeffry grumbled as if he could not be the same.

He nodded, "I was thinking more of the feel of the room, but yes, I wouldn't want to impose on anyone else's time."

"Yes well if someone have booked the room you want they might be willing to trade time slots with you Mr Wainwright and indeed Resonances are important for successful magick."
The Security Chief agreed.

(OOC:Yeah I mean once the train got stuck for five hours and they did not offer the customers food or drink or anything. I luckily was on the train before the stuck one, but I heard on the news they had gotten criticism because a diabetic passenger had gotten ill. NSB sucks.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:53 pm

[Jeffry's Office]
Anja wrote:"I understand that must be terrible Mr Wainwright again I am so sorry I spoke without thinking."
Helena said and she looked down. You saw in your soul a man, he was tall and handsome with dark hair and eyes which burned with righteous, unrepentant anger. His hands was dripping with blood and around him lay strewn the burned remains of his victims.
"No it is bad enough we accepted the bloody Sons of Ether, but I will not let the Traditions to be further fouled by the filth of the Technocracy!"
The man said and you knew what he had done. In 1966 when the five year probation period of the Virtual Adepts was over and the Traditions was celebrating their new members he had betrayed and murdered an Adept and a Etherite member of his Cabal before moving on to a bar where a dozen or so Virtual Adepts was cerebrating their new status as full members of the Traditions, using his magick this man had burned the bar with the twelve Virtual Adepts and as many sleepers inside, burning them alive. He had been sentenced to Gilgul and death for betrayal of his Cabal, high treason, murder and harming sleepers, and he did not regret one bit of it and he had gone to his fate convinced he was in the right.
"My name was Adeptus Major Xavier Farvalley Hermes bani Flambeau."
The shard said proudly.
"And the fucking Technocrats got exactly what they deserved."
He shouted and Mia gave him a stern look.
"Okey that is quite enough from you, back into the cluster you go!"
She decreed and Xavier glared at her but he obeyed and sunk back into the cluster of other shards.
Colin frowned, and slowly opened his eyes, brows furrowed, "Farvalley was a... fundamentalist. Perhaps the piece of him will learn, given time to think of the consequences of what he did, not just for himself, but for the Traditions as a whole... There's no justification for murder like he committed, far less fourteen of them..."

Anja wrote:"Yes well if someone have booked the room you want they might be willing to trade time slots with you Mr Wainwright and indeed Resonances are important for successful magick."
The Security Chief agreed.
He nodded, "For that matter, I could call them in the Common Room or the Library, though I suspect out Chantrymates would protest."

He calmly got up and headed for the door, glancing to Adley, "Coming, then, Amicus?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:03 pm

[Jeffry's Office]

Colin frowned, and slowly opened his eyes, brows furrowed, "Farvalley was a... fundamentalist. Perhaps the piece of him will learn, given time to think of the consequences of what he did, not just for himself, but for the Traditions as a whole... There's no justification for murder like he committed, far less fourteen of them..."

"Twenty six murders Mr Wainwright there where twelve sleepers in the bar Mr Farvalley burned down...Ignem can be a terrible Ars in the wrong hands."
Jeffry said then she sigh still looking at his coffee before taking a swing of it.
"I hope you are right, if there really are shards of Xavier's soul in...well you then I hope he will eventually see the error of his ways. You know I was friends with Xavier Farvalley, and I to was not pleased about the Adepts joining the Traditions but his actions where...unacceptable."
The old mage shook his head sadly.
"This war will mess with your head Mr Wainwright and if a man is not strong enough to handle it...then we get zealots like Xavier Farvalley."

He nodded, "For that matter, I could call them in the Common Room or the Library, though I suspect out Chantrymates would protest."

"Indeed so. I trust you can make those arrangements on your own Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said with a nod.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:27 pm

[Chief's office]

Anja wrote:'You know correspondence ars which may be useful. Do you also know any prime? I'm curious if we can find a way to distract the ward-breaker in some way as to render their time wasted, or to come to no effect if they attempt to dismantle the ward if we can't find them ahead of time. Preferably without killing or harming them unduly outright.' He offered him out the tablet.
Crexia wrote:Crexia watched the tablet to back and forth not knowing what was being said she still spoke up.
"You know this ward braker is quite young. Mr Yager and his imagination might be the perfect weapon to use to keep hun distracted long enough for us to stop him from getting through the wards."
The lich archmage said thoughtfully.

"I don't know Prime stuff. But I can use my magick to fool other people into thinking their magick is working. I made Kyle think his heat vision was seeing a real hot blooded person when it actually wasn't." he said upon reading the note. "Modidying an existing ward can be tricky without Prime magick. Perhaps I can place a ward over top another one, so that when the ward breaker tries to break the first ward it'll effect his mind and make him think he's broken them all?"

Anja wrote:"It is up on the second floor, room 220."
The lich said then she continued towards the stairs.
"I will see you in a little bit then young man."

"Of course. I look forward to our lesson." he said politely, continuing past the second floor and heading up to the infirmary.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:48 pm

[Jeffry's Office]

"I don't know Prime stuff. But I can use my magick to fool other people into thinking their magick is working. I made Kyle think his heat vision was seeing a real hot blooded person when it actually wasn't." he said upon reading the note. "Modidying an existing ward can be tricky without Prime magick. Perhaps I can place a ward over top another one, so that when the ward breaker tries to break the first ward it'll effect his mind and make him think he's broken them all?"

"Placing one ward over another is a fairly good idea Mr Yaer, that is what Master Nassa was doing with his flower ward, placing it on top of the ward we created in the ritual room. It should not be a problem for you to put another layer on that Mr Yager."
Crexia said glancing over at the young Cultist.
"The more wards the merrier."
Jeffry agreed.

[Steelhaven Infirmary]

"Of course. I look forward to our lesson." he said politely, continuing past the second floor and heading up to the infirmary.

You got up to the infirmary. Amadeus was sitting by Beatrice's bedside peeling an apple, the old Verbena glanced at you when you came in and gave you a nod of his head before he continued working on that fruit. Kira was in another bed sleeping, her hand on pillows by her side. Richard was talking with Dion who apparently had hurt her elbow joint for she was explain to the Akashic how she had hit it by accident and that now bending her arm hurt and it could not carry much weight. Richard turned to you when you came in.
"Hi Serge do you need anything?"
Dion gave you a polite nod.
"Good evening Mr Yager."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:16 pm

(OOC: We are again at 30 pages so it is time for a new IC thread, we got allot done this time and even hit 30 000 posts for our IC section so good job everyone. I will write up a quick summary but as I have a few things to do it might not be all that detailed but let me know if I have forgotten anything important.

Nicole went with a team checking the Chantry while Adley helped his Mentor set up a ward. Kallan the captured Nephandus was interrogated but he did not want to say anything. Eventually Lita, Kira's pawn showed up and she was captured. Colin tried to get information he could use to capture the widderslainte slave trader Lily to have something to trade for Kira's Avatar but he found little of use. Kira was tortured but after Colin got information from Beatrice's soul and got Crexia to check the girl's Avatar the old lich stopped and promised to save the girl, and with that Kallan agreed to talk. It was learned that his Labyrinth had learned Uncle Willard's name by threatening his former master why they where holding captive. The Nephandi also had a young ward breaker who they had used to get into the Chantry.

Nicole went to check out a storage unit where some of the Nephandi had been. Adley and his sister patrol the Chantry and find Beatrice still in a Seeking, she give them some crucial information. Serge befriends both Kira and Lita. Colin have a future vision where he gets information from Crexia. It is learned that Lily have the Forest and the only way to get Lily to risk herself as she have to high Arcane to find is to capture her girlfriend, a vampiress from Boston named Liliandra a plan is made to first go after Kallan's Labyrinth and then once the politics of it is out of the way go to Seattle and try to get Lilliandra.

Now everyone have their tasks to do, the Chantry was just attacked, there are things to do and prepare to get on top of the situation, rescue the Forest and stop Moloch from forming.

Sorry for the short summary. I am still stressed about my plans being changed I do not like changing my plans.

Everyone gets 2 exp for this thread.

Here is the link to the next thread: https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com/t218-seattle-labyrinths-and-new-plans-ic-thread-41#33561 )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30