Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seattle, Labyrinths and New Plans IC Thread 41

5 posters

Page 17 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 30  Next

Go down

Seattle, Labyrinths and New Plans IC Thread 41 - Page 17 Empty Re: Seattle, Labyrinths and New Plans IC Thread 41

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:01 am

[Nicole's Apartment]

'Meant "odd" as in the situation where a Professor has a rather clear hankering for the Union's way of doing things remaining with us, but yeah.' Nicole replied. 'Why was I asking? No real reason. Was wondering perhaps he's got like "buyers remorse" and is taking it out on everyone else.'

"Yes that might be so, it is hard to speculate on the motivations of others. it seams to me that Professor Kwan like strict, inflexible systems, I am not so sure he want to be in the Union or have buyers remorse though as he was a child when we packed our bags and left."
Dr Hadermann said.

[Adley's room]

He smiled, teasing a little. "I'm sure someone has an app for that?"

"There is an app for everything."
Jon said with a chuckle.

He nodded. "Yes, I know you didn't. It's just that sometimes, we can be dismissive of what we don't understand, or afraid, and that can lead to a dangerous mindset. I'm not suggesting that you have that mindset, though. There are of course some things that are dangerous to understand as well, it's a fine line, drawn by wisdom." He looked thoughtful. "When you're trying to do something and it's not working right, do you ever indulge in something superstitious? For example, having lucky socks, if they're an athlete and wearing them before an important game."

"I am not dismissing your Paradigm Adley I just don't understand it as it is so alien from mine."
The Virtual Adept said.
"We would not be with the Traditions if we where not okey with mystical mindsets, but we often still think they are strange, and you probably also think mine are strange as well, after all I think we all live in a huge computer simulation and magick is just that some of us have figured out how to hack the simulation."
He said then he considered.
"Hum...no I can't say that I have any lucky socks no."

"I worry about him..."

"I worry about him as well Adley, Master Sharaya takes on to much, he is a good guy you know, he want to help others but he forget that to help others he need to also take care of himself."
Jon replied.

[Attic]

He braked to a stop as he saw the Verbena rush out, stumbling a bit. "I'll go check on her, sir..." Then he turned and headed off to the chapel instead.

Amadeus nodded at that. He followed you as you headed to the chapel. In the small room made into a meditation room you found Beatrice sitting on her butt on the floor a look of shock on her face.
"A....Adley....Mentor..."
She muttered in a shaken tone of voice.
"I...I...did....look at the Resonance...it...it is Dynamic...I did Dynamic magick I..."
She muttered.
"I...made something...not...destroyed to bring it into existence..."

(OOC: Sorry for the late reply I had a headache last night and I went to bed early.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Seattle, Labyrinths and New Plans IC Thread 41 - Page 17 Empty Re: Seattle, Labyrinths and New Plans IC Thread 41

Post by Adley Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:20 am

[Adley's room]

"There is an app for everything."
Jon said with a chuckle.

"Just check before relying on Google translate." He smiled. "Colin might know something," he suggested.

"I am not dismissing your Paradigm Adley I just don't understand it as it is so alien from mine."
The Virtual Adept said.
"We would not be with the Traditions if we where not okey with mystical mindsets, but we often still think they are strange, and you probably also think mine are strange as well, after all I think we all live in a huge computer simulation and magick is just that some of us have figured out how to hack the simulation."

"Yeah, that's...pretty weird to me, seeing as computers are a modern invention," he said with a nod. "Do all Adepts believe that?"

He said then he considered.
"Hum...no I can't say that I have any lucky socks no."

"Really? Hm, well there goes that analogy. Ah well."

I worry about him as well Adley, Master Sharaya takes on to much, he is a good guy you know, he want to help others but he forget that to help others he need to also take care of himself."
Jon replied.

"Well, then we'll help him. Even if we can't quite manage to teleport a car, yet," he said wryly.

[Attic]

He followed you as you headed to the chapel. In the small room made into a meditation room you found Beatrice sitting on her butt on the floor a look of shock on her face.
"A....Adley....Mentor..."
She muttered in a shaken tone of voice.
"I...I...did....look at the Resonance...it...it is Dynamic...I did Dynamic magick I..."
She muttered.
"I...made something...not...destroyed to bring it into existence..."

His rush slowed a bit, but not too much as he got into the room and over to her. He knelt down and grinned at her, happily. "Most wonderful news, what did you make, adelfĂ­?"

// that is true, lol

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:11 am

[Adley's room]

"Just check before relying on Google translate." He smiled. "Colin might know something," he suggested.

"Google translate is not the best, there are better apps out there but I will ask Colin about it."
Jon said with a nod.

"Yeah, that's...pretty weird to me, seeing as computers are a modern invention," he said with a nod. "Do all Adepts believe that?"

"Computers are a modern invention to us, but if we live in a simulation the sim creators would have computers even if we did not, it is like playing Age of Empires on a computer...just more advanced."
The Virtual Adept said with a grin.
"Well no, the simulation Paradigm is a popular one, especially among younger Adepts but no not all follow this Paradigm, and not all Adepts even use computers though most do. Originally we where and order of mathematicians, either started by or inspired by Pythagoras, when we where hunted by the Church we joined the Order or Reason and slowly from that what we are today arose, or at least so my Mentor told me."
Your Cabalmate begun.
"We use Information Model magick, what we do are based on the idea that reality is driven by information and that the manipulation or rewriting of such information change reality, computers are just a realy useful tool for such a world view and the simulation or Matrix model I guess is a natural development to seeing a world run on information, but some of the older dudes and dudettes still use math to a much greater degree in what they do, and some spread information in other ways. I know one woman for example who use blogging and social media as a way to change and manipulate information."

Really? Hm, well there goes that analogy. Ah well."

Jon looked a little confused but he did not comment.

"Well, then we'll help him. Even if we can't quite manage to teleport a car, yet," he said wryly.

"Yeah we will, Master Sharaya is the boss of all the Virtual Adepts in this Tribunal, it is time he start delegating some tasks to the rest of us so we can help him out."
Your Cabalmate agreed.

[Attic]

His rush slowed a bit, but not too much as he got into the room and over to her. He knelt down and grinned at her, happily. "Most wonderful news, what did you make, adelfĂ­?"

"I...ehm...the ritual you taught me...I the pentagrams...the pentagrams are, the energy form are Dynamic."
Beatrice stuttered and she pointed into the room, with Primal sight you should be able to see the energetic form of her banishing pentagrams.
"I...woke up after my Seeking and I felt...giddy, you know the way you can feel during an Epiphany, and I wanted to steady myself so I want to do the ritual...you taught me...my Avatar seam to like it...and it is...is came out...Dynamic...it happened without me thinking about it...I created instead of destroyed I...I..."
The young blood witch muttered sounding shocked.
"I created Dynamic pentagrams...."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:20 am

[Adley's room]

"Computers are a modern invention to us, but if we live in a simulation the sim creators would have computers even if we did not, it is like playing Age of Empires on a computer...just more advanced."

"I'll try to remember to ask you later how this differs any from those that say god created the universe, just using a different term."

"Well no, the simulation Paradigm is a popular one, especially among younger Adepts but no not all follow this Paradigm, and not all Adepts even use computers though most do. Originally we where and order of mathematicians, either started by or inspired by Pythagoras, when we where hunted by the Church we joined the Order or Reason and slowly from that what we are today arose, or at least so my Mentor told me."

"I've yet to see an Adept not use a computer, but you would know better than I do. Mathematics makes sense though."

"We use Information Model magick, what we do are based on the idea that reality is driven by information and that the manipulation or rewriting of such information change reality, computers are just a realy useful tool for such a world view and the simulation or Matrix model I guess is a natural development to seeing a world run on information, but some of the older dudes and dudettes still use math to a much greater degree in what they do, and some spread information in other ways. I know one woman for example who use blogging and social media as a way to change and manipulate information."

"That sounds like magick to me...well aside from blogging," he teased. "Anyway, I digress, pardon."

[Attic]

"I...ehm...the ritual you taught me...I the pentagrams...the pentagrams are, the energy form are Dynamic."
Beatrice stuttered and she pointed into the room, with Primal sight you should be able to see the energetic form of her banishing pentagrams.
"I...woke up after my Seeking and I felt...giddy, you know the way you can feel during an Epiphany, and I wanted to steady myself so I want to do the ritual...you taught me...my Avatar seam to like it...and it is...is came out...Dynamic...it happened without me thinking about it...I created instead of destroyed I...I..."
The young blood witch muttered sounding shocked.
"I created Dynamic pentagrams...."

He smiled, and put his arms out to her. "That must have been a surprise, but it's a good one...I am so happy for you," he said carefully, not wishing to have others outside the room overhear.

// probably a natural end to the first scene w/ Jon

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:49 am

[Adley's room]

"I'll try to remember to ask you later how this differs any from those that say god created the universe, just using a different term."

"I guess it might be less a matter of different terms and more of a different opinion of what a god is."
Jon said with a chuckle.
"But yes let us get together one day, get drunk and discuss Paradigms."
He added with a grin.

"I've yet to see an Adept not use a computer, but you would know better than I do. Mathematics makes sense though."

"Computers are practical for math, I mean it is not like the Verbena is about sharp and pointy things though most use them to draw blood for their magick as that is more practical than using nails or teeth. Master Harris for example can do magick on anything he can do math on, including a piece of paper and a pen."
Jon replied.
"Hum...I should text him and ask how Joe is doing."
He added with a frown.

"That sounds like magick to me...well aside from blogging," he teased. "Anyway, I digress, pardon."

"Hey I am not Nicole."
Jon said as he headed towards the door.
"I have no problem with the term magick even if I might call it hacking and I have a less spiritual view on it. The Adepts and the Etherites are both technomancers but they are fare more hot on the idea of calling it Science with a big S, us, we just do some shit."
He added with a shrug.
"Well anyway I hate to run but I have to get the tablet down to the ritual room and I have a million things to do getting information for everyone so I should run."
Your Cabalmate said apologetically.

[Attic]

He smiled, and put his arms out to her. "That must have been a surprise, but it's a good one...I am so happy for you," he said carefully, not wishing to have others outside the room overhear.

Beatrice leaned into your hug, you could feel her shaking.
"Yeah it was a surprise...I mean I know other mages do Dynamic magick, but I never have, mine have always been destruction based, even healing you know, destroying the possibility that the person is not healed, I have never really created with my magick it is so different but yes...it was a good surprise."
She whispered.
"But how...my Avatar is Fallen. I should not be able to do Dynamic magick...I...do you think he is okey? My Avatar I mean. I just started using magick again after...after...well after...and perhaps it have been to much for him."
The blood witch asked sounding nervous.

Amadeus gave you a look, he seamed happy but also worried, Susannah had been taken out probably to hide that she had managed to cleanse her soul, if this process was starting in Bee the younger Verbena would have a target on her back if the wrong person found out.
"No one is here."
The old Verbena muttered, though he was clearly concerned.

(OOC: Jupp.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:40 am

[Steelhaven Basement]
Jeremy wrote:"That would be handy. But you weren't able to see the banshee when it attacked me remember? Kinda hard to be a warrior when you can't see the thing your fighting. Although your still probably the closest one." Serge replied. "I tried to figure out some way to avoid killing. But the Deaconess seemed adamant that killing her was the most merciful thing we could do. I'm still not 100% on that though. There's never only a singular option when magick is involved. And they always found a way in the stories."
Colin pondered, "It might be possible to forcibly throw her offworld, to send her to wherever Fae have emigrated... It will probably not be pleasant for anyone, but a better solution than to outright kill the poor thing."

Jeremy wrote:"As long as it doesn't cost me an arm, a leg, and a brother." Serge said, chuckling quite a bit at that statement. "If I wanted to set a price it would be a spell for a spell. Or a magick item. Still wouldn't feel right about it. But I guess I could always think of it as a completely unrelated gift being given to me, even if its not the case."
He grinned, "I believe the going rate for brothers is pretty low; you would have to up it to first-born child. But consider this - you could always say that whoever you teach could 'go post a letter' or somesuch and call it even; a simple, practical service. For that matter, you could ask them to pick up your groceries for the week, and that would count as a service."

Jeremy wrote:"Lady Crexia taught me specifically how to do that. Move memories without observing them directly. I placed one of Lady Crexia's memories inside of a vase in the guest and I have no idea what it is." Serge said. "Ok that's a lie. I asked her afterwards. It was the memory of her doing paperwork."
He smiled wryly, "Well, now, there's an interesting conundrum... and some food for thought, as well. You know the vase has memories of Lady Crexia doing paperwork, simply because she told you. Yet you simply assume she told you the unfettered truth. Of course, I fully expect that she did - it's not the sort of thing she'd necessarily lie about - but in your experience, how often have people told the truth about the content of something they would not let you see?"
He chuckled, "Well, now, let us hope I didn't invigorate your curious streak too badly; might not be a good thing to indulge, after all. But it's something you should keep in mind; not everyone tells the whole truth all the time, least of all people in power."

((OOC: Jon is right, Google Translate is pretty bad in 2015 - they didn't go to Neural Machine Translation until November 2016, when the service saw quite a leap in quality, as far as I can figure. Not sure how many services were actually better at the time, though.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:46 pm

[Steelhaven Basement]

Anja wrote:Colin pondered, "It might be possible to forcibly throw her offworld, to send her to wherever Fae have emigrated... It will probably not be pleasant for anyone, but a better solution than to outright kill the poor thing."

"Don't the fae come from a land of dreams or something? Feel like she could leave a place like that with enough effort. Plus, even if we did that, she'd just go insane from not having dreams to feed on. A fate that's probably worse than death for hee." Serge said with a frown. "I was thinking that we give her certain dreams. Like willingly giving blood to a vampire. To help sate her and maybe get a new friend in the process."

Colin wrote:He grinned, "I believe the going rate for brothers is pretty low; you would have to up it to first-born child. But consider this - you could always say that whoever you teach could 'go post a letter' or somesuch and call it even; a simple, practical service. For that matter, you could ask them to pick up your groceries for the week, and that would count as a service."

"I'd feel even worse about that. Subjecting a person to chores is a fate worse than death in my eyes." Serge said hyperbolically. "I'd rather ask them to do a kind service to someone in need without accepting payment in return. And have them ask the person they helped to pass along the sentiment as well.....actually I really like that idea."

Colin wrote:He smiled wryly, "Well, now, there's an interesting conundrum... and some food for thought, as well. You know the vase has memories of Lady Crexia doing paperwork, simply because she told you. Yet you simply assume she told you the unfettered truth. Of course, I fully expect that she did - it's not the sort of thing she'd necessarily lie about - but in your experience, how often have people told the truth about the content of something they would not let you see?"
He chuckled, "Well, now, let us hope I didn't invigorate your curious streak too badly; might not be a good thing to indulge, after all. But it's something you should keep in mind; not everyone tells the whole truth all the time, least of all people in power."

Serge shrugged, "I have no reason to distrust and she has even less of a reason to lie about it. Doubt she'd trust me with a memory that's worth lying about anyways."

Tilting his head as he recalled the lesson another fact entered his mind, "Come to think of it. I kinda lied to you again. I never asked her actually. She told me straight up after the lesson."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:53 pm

[Nicole's Apartment]

Anja's Post:

'Yeah... suppose so. Just that I'm suspicious of people who don't seem to have a real reason to be on our side.' Nicole replied. 'Well, need to report for the attack; thanks for keeping me updated.'

[Voice recognition is much younger, too; there's a good chance it wouldn't cope with Nicole's accent yet.]

[Which makes me wonder; whether Nicole can learn tricks off Adepts while denying their whole paradigm.]

[Stupid thing last night; got excited when I started getting likes on my blog. Then I realised that it was a load of bots which had simply cottoned on to a "popular" tag I'd used for one post... *blushes and shakes head, all the while giving a wry smile*]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:54 pm

[Steelhaven Basement]
Jeremy wrote:"Don't the fae come from a land of dreams or something? Feel like she could leave a place like that with enough effort. Plus, even if we did that, she'd just go insane from not having dreams to feed on. A fate that's probably worse than death for hee." Serge said with a frown. "I was thinking that we give her certain dreams. Like willingly giving blood to a vampire. To help sate her and maybe get a new friend in the process."
Colin nodded thoughtfully, "I suppose it's time to hit the library... I'm sure the Order of Hermes, despite their law against meddling with the Fae, have a number of texts available describing them in a quite exhaustive manner. And... I have someone I can send word to, who might have a bit of advice. That might come at a cost, though."

Jeremy wrote:Serge shrugged, "I have no reason to distrust and she has even less of a reason to lie about it. Doubt she'd trust me with a memory that's worth lying about anyways."

Tilting his head as he recalled the lesson another fact entered his mind, "Come to think of it. I kinda lied to you again. I never asked her actually. She told me straight up after the lesson."
He chuckled, "It is as you say - it's highly unlikely she would deceive you regarding what the memory contained, and most likely, it is a memory so mind-numbingly boring that you'd risk falling asleep. Though I suppose one might find it curious, that a piece of pottery would have such a vivid recollection of doing paperwork. Hum... I don't suppose implanting such a memory could serve as creating a decoy for the person who originally had the memory - sort of as bait for the Banshee while you're concealed by a ward?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:08 pm

[Steelhaven Basement]

Colin wrote:Colin nodded thoughtfully, "I suppose it's time to hit the library... I'm sure the Order of Hermes, despite their law against meddling with the Fae, have a number of texts available describing them in a quite exhaustive manner. And... I have someone I can send word to, who might have a bit of advice. That might come at a cost, though."

"I'll pay the cost if you want." Serge offered. "If there's a way to deal with the banshee without killing her I want to know."

Colin wrote:He chuckled, "It is as you say - it's highly unlikely she would deceive you regarding what the memory contained, and most likely, it is a memory so mind-numbingly boring that you'd risk falling asleep. Though I suppose one might find it curious, that a piece of pottery would have such a vivid recollection of doing paperwork. Hum... I don't suppose implanting such a memory could serve as creating a decoy for the person who originally had the memory - sort of as bait for the Banshee while you're concealed by a ward?"

"You mean like, implanting a dream into something for the banshee to feed on while I'm behind the wards?" Serge asked.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:14 pm

[Steelhaven Basement]
Jeremy wrote:"I'll pay the cost if you want." Serge offered. "If there's a way to deal with the banshee without killing her I want to know."
Colin arched an eyebrow, "I'd chastise you for offering something before knowing the consequences of it, except that would be, well... rocks and glass houses, and all that. The cost would not necessarily be one easily comprehended by mortal minds; the contact is a Kiasyd, a Fae-blooded vampire. One with whom I should like to stay on a friendly tone. He might be willing and able to tell us something, he might not... He might take payment in blood, he might not..."

Jeremy wrote:"You mean like, implanting a dream into something for the banshee to feed on while I'm behind the wards?" Serge asked.
He nodded, "Something of the sort. It would be for someone far more experienced in this than me to answer, but, I think it might be a possibility, to trap the Banshee with a borrowed dream..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:33 pm

[Steelhaven Basement]

Colin wrote:Colin arched an eyebrow, "I'd chastise you for offering something before knowing the consequences of it, except that would be, well... rocks and glass houses, and all that. The cost would not necessarily be one easily comprehended by mortal minds; the contact is a Kiasyd, a Fae-blooded vampire. One with whom I should like to stay on a friendly tone. He might be willing and able to tell us something, he might not... He might take payment in blood, he might not..."

"If its blood that's perfect. I have loads." Serge said with a chuckle. "If it's some esoteric product to grand for mortal minds to comprehend, well I'm we can figure something out."

Colin wrote:He nodded, "Something of the sort. It would be for someone far more experienced in this than me to answer, but, I think it might be a possibility, to trap the Banshee with a borrowed dream..."

"Like trap the banshee inside of a ward that we lured her into? That could work." Serge said pondering on such a possiblity. "I would of course be dooming the person I implanted the memory into since I can't create minds in mundane objects. But that can be circumvented by using the vase Lady Crexia created. The main problem though is that the banshee can sense wards like that. She knew precisely where the Villa ward was and stood just at the end of it. She may be able to see our trap unless we hide it from her somehow."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:39 pm

[Nicole's Apartment]

'Yeah... suppose so. Just that I'm suspicious of people who don't seem to have a real reason to be on our side.' Nicole replied. 'Well, need to report for the attack; thanks for keeping me updated.'

"Professor Kwan have a reason to be with us, his status in the Traditions as a whole and within our own Society, such status means allot to a man like him. But yes being suspicious is alright just do not let him know that you are so."
Dr Hadermann advice.
"Good luck and stay safe Miss Bouchard and it was no trouble really I am waiting for one of my machines to finish it's work so I can get a bit of data, and what I can do in the meantime I can do while talking, I have one of those hands free sets for my phone."
He explained.

(OOC: Well the Adepts have better apps than what have been released into sleeper society. They have all the best apps.]

(OOC 2: Possibility if she could fit it into her own Paradigm. I would be like Beatrice teaching Adley a spell, they do not share a Paradigm but might be lose enough for him to fit it into his own.)

(OOC 3: What is your blog about?)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:19 pm

[Nicole's Apartment]

Anja's Post:

'Have no intention of letting him know that. Or, in fact anything. If I can avoid it.'

Anja's Post:

'I see. Well, here's hoping for success for both of us.'

[Blog is about all sorts. It's a grab-bag of experiences, thoughts, ideas and things I've looked into a bit deeper. It's something between an open diary and a free-ranging column you see in newspapers etc. The post what got the bot-attention had a health/fitness tag.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:25 pm

[Nicole's Apartment]

'Have no intention of letting him know that. Or, in fact anything. If I can avoid it.'

"That is a good Scientist Bouchard."
Dr Hadermann replied.

I see. Well, here's hoping for success for both of us.'

"Indeed so, indeed so."
The older Etherite replied and unless you had anything more to add he hung up on the call.

(OOC: I see, well bots got to do what bots got to do I guess. I have never had a blog so I would not know.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:42 pm

[Attic]

Beatrice leaned into your hug, you could feel her shaking.
"Yeah it was a surprise...I mean I know other mages do Dynamic magick, but I never have, mine have always been destruction based, even healing you know, destroying the possibility that the person is not healed, I have never really created with my magick it is so different but yes...it was a good surprise."
She whispered.
"But how...my Avatar is Fallen. I should not be able to do Dynamic magick...I...do you think he is okey? My Avatar I mean. I just started using magick again after...after...well after...and perhaps it have been to much for him."

"Yes, I do think so, I think it is a very good thing. He set the bag down by them and hugged her tightly. "You remember what happened, upstairs in the garden when I saw you there?" he asked.

"No one is here."
The old Verbena muttered, though he was clearly concerned.

He looked up at him. "Yes, but unfortunately one can hear me from outside the room, even if I want to be quiet it's not really possible. I'm sure you've noticed by now."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:50 pm

[Steelhaven Basement]
Jeremy wrote:"If its blood that's perfect. I have loads." Serge said with a chuckle. "If it's some esoteric product to grand for mortal minds to comprehend, well I'm we can figure something out."
Colin smiled wryly, "I'm sure we'll figure out something."

Jeremy wrote:"Like trap the banshee inside of a ward that we lured her into? That could work." Serge said pondering on such a possiblity. "I would of course be dooming the person I implanted the memory into since I can't create minds in mundane objects. But that can be circumvented by using the vase Lady Crexia created. The main problem though is that the banshee can sense wards like that. She knew precisely where the Villa ward was and stood just at the end of it. She may be able to see our trap unless we hide it from her somehow."
He shrugged, "Trap her in a ward, or lure her into the equivalent of a kill zone... Raising a prison around her when we've got her in position might be less obvious to her than a ward like that at the manor. Something like one of those ghost traps in Ghostbusters. And she may very plausibly not be able to see you through my scrambler, since that blocks magical perception..."

((OOC: Bots gonna bot. As for Nicole learning a trick from an Adept - if she can essentially mimic software through hardware, it would probably be easier for her. Meaning some effects would be far easier than others.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:14 pm

[Steelhaven Basement]

Colin wrote:He shrugged, "Trap her in a ward, or lure her into the equivalent of a kill zone... Raising a prison around her when we've got her in position might be less obvious to her than a ward like that at the manor. Something like one of those ghost traps in Ghostbusters. And she may very plausibly not be able to see you through my scrambler, since that blocks magical perception..."

"Guess the only worry left is if the banshee gets suspicious as to why a vase has dreams of being a famous duel wielding paladin riding a tiger. If she doesn't fall for the bait then the while trap is moot and using a real person has it's own risks." Serge said thoughtfully. "Although I guess she's not exactly in a position to be cautious. A dreams a dream and if its powerful enough she may not be able to resists its pull."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:21 pm

[Nicole's Apartment]

Anja's Post:

After bidding the Professor goodbye, Nicole ended the call and continued to get ready...

[Giving a break if you'd like someone to visit Nick while she's getting ready. Otherwise next post I'll suit her up and have her go to see Colin.]

[Think the hardware-software division is pretty arbitrary. Lots of hardware stuff has software... go and ask your car.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:09 pm

[Steelhaven Basement]
Jeremy wrote:"Guess the only worry left is if the banshee gets suspicious as to why a vase has dreams of being a famous duel wielding paladin riding a tiger. If she doesn't fall for the bait then the while trap is moot and using a real person has it's own risks." Serge said thoughtfully. "Although I guess she's not exactly in a position to be cautious. A dreams a dream and if its powerful enough she may not be able to resists its pull."
Colin nodded, "Quite. But, we need a little more information on Banshees first, as well as running the idea by Lady Crexia and any other Masters of Mind we have available. Hum, alright, first point of order, then, why don't you ask Mr. Callahan if he can help you find books on Fae in general, and Banshees in particular, in the library? That should keep you busy for a while as the rest of us check other angles."
He sighed, "And to think, I was looking forward to sitting down with my family and Master Steelhaven for dinner tonight... Trust the bloody Nephandi to make a mess of my plans..."

((OOC: Yeah, I think the hardware/software division is a lot clearer between Adepts and Etherites, though. Doing things in software just doesn't have the same degree of panache as a beam of coherent energy, two arcing Jacob's Ladders, and a Big Red Button that makes the machine go *Ping*. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:14 pm

[Nicole's Apartment]

After bidding the Professor goodbye, Nicole ended the call and continued to get ready...

You got ready with your weapons and gear and went to see your Cabal leader.

[Attic]

"Yes, I do think so, I think it is a very good thing. He set the bag down by them and hugged her tightly. "You remember what happened, upstairs in the garden when I saw you there?" he asked.

"If it...is really that...some part of my Avatar...is now clean that is a really good thing indeed, perhaps when the day come that my life end I will not become a new widderslainte...but is it...is it really possible."
Beatrice muttered as she looked up at you in wonder then she shook her head.
"I only remember my Avatar asking to be allowed to speak through me for a while, I gave my consent. I had the ability to take back control at all times but I only remember being on the roof like a dream."
She muttered.
"Did...did something happen Adley? Was you there? Did he talk to you?"

He looked up at him. "Yes, but unfortunately one can hear me from outside the room, even if I want to be quiet it's not really possible. I'm sure you've noticed by now."

"We all have our peculiarities."
Amadeus said with a shrug.
"Well there is no one in the hallway either so unless your voice carry all the way to the infirmary we should be good. But we do need to be careful."
The Verbena commented but he said nothing more about it so he would not scare his apprentice.

(OOC: No Nicole can go and see Colin, if it is okey with the both of you we can always split things so Warp can finish up his scene with Serge and also we can run the conversation between him and Nicole, let us say she catch him as he return from the basement after speaking with Serge.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:08 am

[Attic]

"If it...is really that...some part of my Avatar...is now clean that is a really good thing indeed, perhaps when the day come that my life end I will not become a new widderslainte...but is it...is it really possible."

'I believe so."

"I only remember my Avatar asking to be allowed to speak through me for a while, I gave my consent. I had the ability to take back control at all times but I only remember being on the roof like a dream."
She muttered.
"Did...did something happen Adley? Was you there? Did he talk to you?"

"He did, yes. It seems we have a lot to talk about, but you do remember the rest of it, before the garden?" he asked.

"We all have our peculiarities."
Amadeus said with a shrug.
"Well there is no one in the hallway either so unless your voice carry all the way to the infirmary we should be good. But we do need to be careful."
The Verbena commented but he said nothing more about it so he would not scare his apprentice.

"Yes, I agree. As for how far it travels, it does vary. If I tried, it would reach the end of the hall at least but in casual speaking I am not absolutely sure...you could see if you heard me down there, sir?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:31 am

[Steelhaven Basement]

Colin wrote:Colin nodded, "Quite. But, we need a little more information on Banshees first, as well as running the idea by Lady Crexia and any other Masters of Mind we have available. Hum, alright, first point of order, then, why don't you ask Mr. Callahan if he can help you find books on Fae in general, and Banshees in particular, in the library? That should keep you busy for a while as the rest of us check other angles."

"Oh umm...sure." Serge said, unsure of how to feel at being need to be kept busy. After the numerous scoldings he couldn't help but interpret it as getting him out of the way so that the important people could do there work.

Colin wrote:He sighed, "And to think, I was looking forward to sitting down with my family and Master Steelhaven for dinner tonight... Trust the bloody Nephandi to make a mess of my plans..."

"Well that's kinda their job. Perhaps you could have a super late night dinner after all this is over. I'm sure Anna would be hmthrulled to stay up so late." Serge said with a chuckle heading for the door.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:37 am

[Nicole's Apartment]

With an uncharacteristic diligence, Nicole continued her preparations for the attack. Lace-up steel-capped boots, dull grey cargos, one of the clingy microfibre long-sleeved tops she owned. Checked and put her pistol back in her back holster, stashed her knife by her leg then strapped on her webbing, an assortment of ammo and various tools. Smokes, bars, Leatherman, flashlight. Check. Tied on a grubbily grey bandanna, grabbed her rucksack containing her PDA and loaded up; pair of glasses, duct tape, gloves, wooden stake, superglue, ear plugs, canteen, length of coiled rope, wire saw, batteries and a packet of various wires. Did a last check, nodded, picked up her carbine and left the apartment purposefully. An effect somewhat spoiled by returning moments later to retrieve her cellphone.

Now ready, she headed downstairs to find Colin...

[Wait... Serge never returned Nick's pocket pistol!]

[I like to give you the opportunity to 'intervene' if so desired/needed. And why don't we simply have Nicole appear at the end of the Colin-Serge scene?]

[I see it more as a) 'division of speciality' (bet you have Etherites who code as much as Adepts who weld, or at least solder) and b) a difference of ethos than anything else. And the Etherites would have had to absorb waves of Scientists who had 'different visions' of The World of Tomorrow!TM - over the decades, and the youngest cohorts would be ones more familiar with computer controllers than older electrical/mechanical methods. Easier to get too.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:05 am

[Attic]

'I believe so."

"I...I...that would be wonderful..."
Beatrice muttered softly.

"He did, yes. It seems we have a lot to talk about, but you do remember the rest of it, before the garden?" he asked.

"Yes...I remember."
Bee muttered and she looked around for a moment but when she saw it was only her Mentor and you there she started talking.
"We where heading out into the woods, you, me and Colin, first it was day and we where talking about everything and nothing and we where going for a picnic or something, but then it got darker and darker and I got away from you two, it was so dark, I did not know where I was going and I was so alone, there was nothing else around, but I was not afraid. Then suddenly before me was an endless abyss. The abyss was everything I wanted, I knew that if I stepped into it I would reach Decension, I would no longer exist, I would have never existed, it would be beautiful and perfect. I also knew that if I turned away from it, the abyss would close and I would never see it again. I took a step forward, and another and I was about to step into the abyss when I heard you scream, and then Colin called my name. He shouted that you had slipped in the darkness and where hurt and needed a healer or you would die. I hesitated, all I had ever wanted, the nothingness I had always desired lay before me, just a step away but I could still hear you screaming in the woods and I knew that if I did not turn back and come to your aid you would die. I could nto let my brother die, and so I turned away from the abyss, I had to exist to be able to help, I had to turn away from nothingness, and then there was a lantern in my hand so I could find my way back."
The blood witch whispered and tears rolled down her cheeks.
"And with it's light the abyss vanished, the chance to step into it gone forever...then it was light and I was asked by the Forest God to speak through me and then I woke up in the infirmary."
She muttered sobbing.
"The abyss is gone...it is gone..."
She cried as she held onto you for dear life.
"But you where screaming and I could not let you die...I could not..."
It was clear that turning away from the abyss had been painful and traumatic though it had brought new light. Amadeus was silent as his apprentice spoke but he looked rather concerned for her.

"Yes, I agree. As for how far it travels, it does vary. If I tried, it would reach the end of the hall at least but in casual speaking I am not absolutely sure...you could see if you heard me down there, sir?"

"I will go and check, but stay with her please."
The old Verbena said he did not like to leave his crying apprentice but he went regardless to see how far your voice carried.
"Decencion was right there...I could have stepped right into it, I could have reached Decencion but I turned away from it..."
Beatrice cried.
"I turned away from it and not it is gone!"

[After the Meeting with Serge]

Nicole you get down to the basement just as Colin and Serge emerged from one of the labs. Darrian was there as well with a basket full of supplies, waiting for the room to be ready so he could do some work. The alchemist gave Nicole and her two Cabalmates a nod.
"Are you done with the lab gentlemen?"
He asked.
"I have a few things I want to cook up before we leave."

(OOC: I have set up the scene between Nicole and Colin for when you are both ready for it.)

(OOC 2: The thing is a difference in Paradigm. Virtual Adepts are information mages, they use the information model and computers are just a practical way to do that. Etherites are about the various genres of Science that the Union have forced out, so Orgone energy, Victorian steam tech, the theories of Ether and so on, they are energists, not information mages and it is far more about the tech or methods in themselves than it being a tool to manipulate information.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 30  Next