Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Living Walls, Betrayal and the Even Sadder Chronomancer IC Thread 49

5 posters

Page 17 of 31 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 31  Next

Go down

The Living Walls, Betrayal and the Even Sadder Chronomancer IC Thread 49  - Page 17 Empty Re: The Living Walls, Betrayal and the Even Sadder Chronomancer IC Thread 49

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:47 pm

[Villa 1 45]

You got your dedication done. You saw Crexia and several of the other Hermetics went to the second floor to do their ritual work up in one if the bedrooms. After a while as Crexia was still doing ritual work upstairs Antonio came over to Adley and waited for the Flambeau to finish his dedication before he spoke.
"Excuse me Sodalis I have finished creating the spiritual protections you asked for."
He said and he handed a folded up paper to Adley.
"This should do I think."

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Living Walls, Betrayal and the Even Sadder Chronomancer IC Thread 49  - Page 17 Empty Re: The Living Walls, Betrayal and the Even Sadder Chronomancer IC Thread 49

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:48 am

[1:45 Infirmary]

Anja wrote:"Yeah...that is pretty close."
Kira said as she studied the drawing.
"His nose is a litttle thinner and he is even mroe skinny."
The girl corrected.
"Otherwise it is pretty close to the Lord of the Labyrinth."

Serge quickly made the correction and after one last confirmation from Kira, pulled out his phone to take a picture, thinking that his Etherite cabalmate would prefer that. He snapped a picture of the Lord of the Labyrinth and then sent it to Nicole at his cabal leader's request. Alongside the image was the following message:

"So far I could only get information on one of the Labyrinth's higher ups. This is Livius Cold. Giledian/Leader of the Labyrinth. Mutations on half of his body as you can probably tell."

After the message was sent he quickly folded the picture into a paper airplane. On one of the wings he drew a muscular arm covered in Nicole's signature tattoos. The other wing featured a completely robotic arm. The goal was to create a connection between the drawing and Nicole, however Serge did smile at how he had effectively made a buff airplane that was flexing on him.

That message was followed quickly by another one for Nicole, "Also head's up. Sending the physical picture as well in case some people prefer that."

Immediately after pressing send, Serge threw the paper airplane in a random direction, chuckling to himself as he closed his eyes and imagined the plane flying through the air and harmlessly bumping into the side of Nicole's head.

After his spell was done he opened his eye and glanced back at Kira and said, "And that's all the information you willing to give right?"

(OOC: Corr 2 or 3 to teleport the picture of Livius Cold to Nicole.

Arete Roll: 8, 7, 1, 5 - 3, 10, 2, 2 - 3, 6, 9, 8 )
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:33 am

Serge quickly made the correction and after one last confirmation from Kira, pulled out his phone to take a picture, thinking that his Etherite cabalmate would prefer that. He snapped a picture of the Lord of the Labyrinth and then sent it to Nicole at his cabal leader's request. Alongside the image was the following message:

"So far I could only get information on one of the Labyrinth's higher ups. This is Livius Cold. Giledian/Leader of the Labyrinth. Mutations on half of his body as you can probably tell."

"Yeah that is him."
Kira said after the final adjustments.

After the message was sent he quickly folded the picture into a paper airplane. On one of the wings he drew a muscular arm covered in Nicole's signature tattoos. The other wing featured a completely robotic arm. The goal was to create a connection between the drawing and Nicole, however Serge did smile at how he had effectively made a buff airplane that was flexing on him.

The prisoner gave a chuckle on seeing that then her eyes widened as the paper airplane vanished.
"Oh...that is pretty cool."
She muttered.

Nicole you get an paper airplane suddenly bumbing into you from nowhere.

After his spell was done he opened his eye and glanced back at Kira and said, "And that's all the information you willing to give right?"

"I ehm..I...well I do not want to be the cause of anyone being captured and Gilgulled."
Kira muttered nervously.
"Are you sure I will not be tortured again? Are you sure?"
She asked fearfully.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:51 am

Anja wrote:"I ehm..I...well I do not want to be the cause of anyone being captured and Gilgulled."
Kira muttered nervously.
"Are you sure I will not be tortured again? Are you sure?"
She asked fearfully.

"I'm sure. We won't harm you ever again." Serge reassured. He wanted to thank her for the information she did provide. However he thought that would be ill-advised, seeing as how Kira likely didn't think of providing that information as a good thing. "I'll try not to bother you again. If you need anything feel free to ask."

With a nod and wave of farewell, Serge left the young girl and began looking around the infirmary to see if Kira's mentor was nearby. His cabal leader did mention both Kira and her Mentor as potential information sources.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:06 am

"I'm sure. We won't harm you ever again." Serge reassured. He wanted to thank her for the information she did provide. However he thought that would be ill-advised, seeing as how Kira likely didn't think of providing that information as a good thing. "I'll try not to bother you again. If you need anything feel free to ask."

Kira looked down at her wounded hands again and nodded.
"I am sorry I can not help you more I...I just do not want to be responsible and...this is confusing. I accept that my only chance of survival with my Avatar intact is to joing the Traditions and I will do my best to be an obedient apprentice, but at the same times the ones living in that Labyrinth have been my friends, as horrible and dysfunctional as they are they have been my friends and...if they got captured and...well you know, because of me I would never be able to forgive myself."
The young mage muttered.
"Don't worry about it. I have slept allot I just...am tired to the bone, I guess...some things will do that to you."
She whiptered bitterly.

With a nod and wave of farewell, Serge left the young girl and began looking around the infirmary to see if Kira's mentor was nearby. His cabal leader did mention both Kira and her Mentor as potential information sources.

Kira did nto wave, for obvious reasons but she did nod her head to you politely as you left. The girl's Nephandi Mentor would probably one of the ones locked up in the basement.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:49 pm

[Villa, 1.45]

Anja's Post:

'But politeness is not niceness. And it is not respect either. Unless you genuinely respect that dirty old fucker who leers at your ass and tits in the store.'

Colin's Post:

'Oh, her. Think I remember seeing them about a couple of times...' Nicole replied, giving a frown of thought. 'And I have no idea what you are describing. Question is; do you? 'Cos the only option I can think of is "be middle-class and female. Be meek so dicks ain't challenged, be kind to creeps to save their precious feelings and never ever call out any assholery lest it makes someone uncomfortable". As for respecting power and shit... what, you really think I'm that dumb and need to be told this?' ending with a clear "I thought more of your intelligence" look.

Anja's Post:

Nicole gave a frown. 'Hmm, must have been when I was sorting out the cables or something. Who else is in our group, then? Except Cowra.' pulling off her glove, revealing her cybernetic hand.

Anja's Post:

'If said shop was Wal-Mart or the like, I'd take the stuff and put the green in the cashier's pocket.' Nicole replied with a little grin. 'Now, where to set up the "command centre"? You know this place better than me...'

[I remember that. However, while the groups were finalised with the Chief, were the results announced publicly? I don't remember that happening, for surely she'd have had a "well, I suppose" look for Adley....]

[With the ammo; not yet. Nick wants to see if their team already have a 'ghost-fighting capability' first.]

[Sorry about delay; work, felt sick so had a nap which turned out to last 9 hours, then had to do the things I should have done yesterday...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:06 pm

[Villa, 1.45]

'But politeness is not niceness. And it is not respect either. Unless you genuinely respect that dirty old fucker who leers at your ass and tits in the store.'

"It is not but that is not the point your Cabal leader is trying to make here Nicole, what he is trying to say is that a certain amound of social lubrication helps move things around, and without it very often good points gets ignored."
Fran replied.

'Oh, her. Think I remember seeing them about a couple of times...' Nicole replied, giving a frown of thought. 'And I have no idea what you are describing. Question is; do you? 'Cos the only option I can think of is "be middle-class and female. Be meek so dicks ain't challenged, be kind to creeps to save their precious feelings and never ever call out any assholery lest it makes someone uncomfortable". As for respecting power and shit... what, you really think I'm that dumb and need to be told this?' ending with a clear "I thought more of your intelligence" look.

Fran gave Colin a bit of a sympathetic look, this was his mess to try to sort out then she said.
"I will see you guys inside."
Before she headed intot he villa.

Nicole gave a frown. 'Hmm, must have been when I was sorting out the cables or something. Who else is in our group, then? Except Cowra.' pulling off her glove, revealing her cybernetic hand.

"Several other Hermetics for the most part, I believe the idea is that we will handle ritual work and yourself Miss Bouchard and Mr Coawa will handle keeping us alive as we work."
Crexia said. A young woman, with long, light brown hair and a easy smile walked over to Nicole and she extended a thin hand towards the Etherite.
"I am in your group as well, the name is Vanja, I am a Cultist but I am trained in the lineage of the Cult of Mercury so I am mainly a ritualist."
She said in a friendly trone of voice. Nicole will notice she wears the same lily ring that Serge have on his hand.

'If said shop was Wal-Mart or the like, I'd take the stuff and put the green in the cashier's pocket.' Nicole replied with a little grin. 'Now, where to set up the "command centre"? You know this place better than me...'

"Hum...that is not a dumb idea, unless the store checks stock against the register logs so the cashier will get in trouble for it."
Jon commented then he looked around.
"Well living room is as good a place as any really, there are a desk in one of the bedrooms upstairs but the rooms are tiny, in the living room there are space to teleport things in and out."
The Virtual Adept replied and Chris glanced around and nodded.
"Indeed so...the living room will do."

(OOC: I believe they was yes.)
(OOC 2: They have since Crexia is actually a necromancer.)
(OOC 3: Not a problem I hope you are feeling better.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:43 pm

[villa 1.45]

"Excuse me Sodalis I have finished creating the spiritual protections you asked for."
He said and he handed a folded up paper to Adley.
"This should do I think."

He extinguished the candle respectfully, pocketing the remains. He glanced up at Antonio to focus himself before accepting the paper. "Thank you - I just keep this?" He stood up and stretched and then stood facing Antonio. "Very well, I believe I can lend assistance to the other workings, sodalis."

// he conferred with the Chief and Colin, and made changes to Colin's and Jeffry's groups with their input, but none of them affected her at least so far - in any case the group leaders would have been told or the people involved
// the first ward that Adley couldn't help with was the mental one, no mental ars

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:52 pm

[villa 1.45]

He extinguished the candle respectfully, pocketing the remains. He glanced up at Antonio to focus himself before accepting the paper. "Thank you - I just keep this?" He stood up and stretched and then stood facing Antonio. "Very well, I believe I can lend assistance to the other workings, sodalis."

"Yes you just keep it on your person and it will offer you protection."
Antonio confirmed.
"It should last for a few hours but not more."
The Scribe said.
"Ok any help is welcome, I know Lady Crexia have set up in one of the bedrooms for the ritual work."
He said and pointed up the stairs.

(OOC: Crexia and the other Hermetics other than Jeffry are working on the wards, including the mental one.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:35 pm

[Villa, 1.45]
Nicole wrote:'But politeness is not niceness. And it is not respect either. Unless you genuinely respect that dirty old fucker who leers at your ass and tits in the store.'
Anja wrote:"It is not but that is not the point your Cabal leader is trying to make here Nicole, what he is trying to say is that a certain amound of social lubrication helps move things around, and without it very often good points gets ignored."
Fran replied.
Nicole wrote:'Oh, her. Think I remember seeing them about a couple of times...' Nicole replied, giving a frown of thought. 'And I have no idea what you are describing. Question is; do you? 'Cos the only option I can think of is "be middle-class and female. Be meek so dicks ain't challenged, be kind to creeps to save their precious feelings and never ever call out any assholery lest it makes someone uncomfortable". As for respecting power and shit... what, you really think I'm that dumb and need to be told this?' ending with a clear "I thought more of your intelligence" look.
Colin gave Fran a grateful nod, sighed, and pinched the bridge of his nose, "Alright, let me try to put it in somewhat plainer terms - in Mage society, one's... plumbing is one of the least important features for one's standing. Simple politeness can help smooth out disputes; one can be polite even while refusing to budge an inch to an asshole's unreasonable demands, and there'll be nothing they can do about it. If you start out with impoliteness, such as by using vulgarities at a senior Mage, it doesn't matter if said asshole's demands are unreasonable, you just handed him public support on a silver platter. I do not believe you to be dumb, but you certainly do seem as though you have a severe, highly specific deficiency in your social skills. Especially where Mage society, old and hidebound as it is, is concerned. Fortunately, that's still a skill that can be taught and trained."
He took a deep breath, "Look, I'd gladly give you instruction in etiquette for free; I can't do much for elocution, but I might be able to give you the necessary vocabulary to not merely tell someone to go fuck themselves, but to do so in so polite a manner that they enthusiastically start shopping for lubricants. That's really the core of what we're getting at - you lose your temper and turn to crass language too easily, and that makes you an easy target for manipulation. I would absolutely love to see you respond to someone like Flavian with a flawless, polite retort that would burn like the Hindenburg without putting you at risk for legal repercussions."

Anja wrote:"I would like that Mr Wainwright if we can agree on the price of instruction."
Chris replied with a nod.
He smiled thinly, "I'm sure we can agree on some fair compensation - I personally favour a fairly straightforward quid-pro-quo; I'm certain you have a comparable trick up your sleeve that I could accept as equal payment."

Anja wrote:"Very well then, what about your daugther should I pull her automatically if she show up on my screen? And I should contact you then if your scrambler should be dropped to see if you need help?"
The Virtual Adept asked.
He nodded, quickly writing down his phone number, "Sounds like a plan - in case you need this to locate me, though I suspect you don't actually need to call me to reach me? Hum... come to think of it, will you be picking up on other individuals than us on your monitor? Residents of the Labyrinth, people in our lines of sight, that sort of thing?"

S7trif3 wrote:He winced a bit. "Ah, I see well. Perhaps that is for the best for now. But I do hope you're right..." He frowned a bit. "Well, then forgive me for bothering you, I will continue attending to defenses. Be careful and if you can't be that be clever."
He nodded, "When have you ever known me to be neither? And no bother at all."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:24 am

[Villa, 1.45]

Anja's Post:

'I am polite... normally.' the Etherite replied mulishly.

Colin's Post:

'Ooh, and after this, I'll have a shot in the beauty pageant, yes?' Nicole replied in a ditzy manner.

"
Anja's Post:

'So... I'll be only one with decent ranged attacks?' the Etherite replied, looking a touch... concerned. 'And were are the others?' looking around expectantly.

Anja's Post:

'Ah, won't be spotted for ages.' Nicole replied lazily, following Jon to the living room. 'Inventory is counted in-out using computers, not hand. The discrepancy will only be noted during the quarterly-annual stock-check. Unless the numbers are too out of whack, it'll simply be put down as "shrinkage", and as they don't know the when the whatever was swiped, how can they blame?' looking around the room to see if there was a half-decent chair and table for the Adept to use. 'Your only enemy here is the electronic tags and alarms; and in your case there's nothing really stopping you wander up to a checkout and use the remover, is there? Or borrow mine.' once again showing the Etherite's general familiarity with petty crime.

Anja's Post:

Nicole instinctively dodged the incoming, then relaxed on judging it wasn't hostile. Or more correctly, not immediately hostile. Once she'd established it wasn't going to explode or anything, she'll gingerly pick it up.

[Almost missed the last bit...]

[I was fine, just tired]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:02 am

Anja wrote:Kira looked down at her wounded hands again and nodded.
"I am sorry I can not help you more I...I just do not want to be responsible and...this is confusing. I accept that my only chance of survival with my Avatar intact is to joing the Traditions and I will do my best to be an obedient apprentice, but at the same times the ones living in that Labyrinth have been my friends, as horrible and dysfunctional as they are they have been my friends and...if they got captured and...well you know, because of me I would never be able to forgive myself."
The young mage muttered.
"Don't worry about it. I have slept allot I just...am tired to the bone, I guess...some things will do that to you."
She whiptered bitterly.

"You don't need to explain yourself. I understand. Wanting to protect your friends is a noble thing. Regardless of which side your on." Serge said with a nod.

Anja wrote:Kira did nto wave, for obvious reasons but she did nod her head to you politely as you left. The girl's Nephandi Mentor would probably one of the ones locked up in the basement.

Serge contemplated going to the basement to ask the girl's mentor for more information. He wasn't confident he could get any more information out of her without having to resort to more ugly methods. Though he was slightly disappointed in himself for not getting more information.

In the end he sighed and decided to go for it, reasoning that trying was better than doing nothing. He walked over to Dr. Lee and said, "I'm heading down to the basement to talk with Kira's mentor. To see if I can get details on the Labyrinth's leadership and send them over to Mr. Wainwright. I probably won't be gone long though."

(OOC: Hope your feeling better Nicole. Just FYI Serge also sent you a couple messages along with the paper airplane )
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:25 am

"You don't need to explain yourself. I understand. Wanting to protect your friends is a noble thing. Regardless of which side your on." Serge said with a nod.

Kira smiled slightly at that.
"Thank you for understanding Serge."
She muttered softly.

Serge contemplated going to the basement to ask the girl's mentor for more information. He wasn't confident he could get any more information out of her without having to resort to more ugly methods. Though he was slightly disappointed in himself for not getting more information.

In the end he sighed and decided to go for it, reasoning that trying was better than doing nothing. He walked over to Dr. Lee and said, "I'm heading down to the basement to talk with Kira's mentor. To see if I can get details on the Labyrinth's leadership and send them over to Mr. Wainwright. I probably won't be gone long though."

"Very well, be careful Serge the man is well restrained but he is still a Nephandus."
Richard said with a concerned look in his eyes.
"Good luck hopefully you can get something out of him."

[Villa, 1.45]

'I am polite... normally.' the Etherite replied mulishly.

"The problem Nicole is that one often have to be polite even to those one do not like, in order to navigate society sucsesfully."
Fran replied with a sigh.

'So... I'll be only one with decent ranged attacks?' the Etherite replied, looking a touch... concerned. 'And were are the others?' looking around expectantly.

"Oh believe me Miss Bouchard I can attack at a distance."
Crexia said,
"Mr Tilly over there are with me I believe, the others are up in one of the bedrooms setting up for ritual work and I will be joining them shorly, to give us some added protections."
The old Hermetic replied. The one named Mr Tilly a kid with dyed turqoise hair looked up form his computer.
"I can use a gun."
He commented.

Ah, won't be spotted for ages.' Nicole replied lazily, following Jon to the living room. 'Inventory is counted in-out using computers, not hand. The discrepancy will only be noted during the quarterly-annual stock-check. Unless the numbers are too out of whack, it'll simply be put down as "shrinkage", and as they don't know the when the whatever was swiped, how can they blame?' looking around the room to see if there was a half-decent chair and table for the Adept to use. 'Your only enemy here is the electronic tags and alarms; and in your case there's nothing really stopping you wander up to a checkout and use the remover, is there? Or borrow mine.' once again showing the Etherite's general familiarity with petty crime.

"Hum...well then I guess that is a possibility."
Jon commented. There was a living room table with some chairs around it.
"We can set up over here."
The Virtual Adept said. Most of the gathered mages was in the living room, that is where the troll doll was located.
"Yeah this will do."
Chris said.
"I sat right where the cat is now earlier."

He smiled thinly, "I'm sure we can agree on some fair compensation - I personally favour a fairly straightforward quid-pro-quo; I'm certain you have a comparable trick up your sleeve that I could accept as equal payment."

"I do know some nifty rotes if I do say so myself, so I am sure we can find some trade, depending on what understanding you have so what you can learn."
Chris replied to the Orphan.

He nodded, quickly writing down his phone number, "Sounds like a plan - in case you need this to locate me, though I suspect you don't actually need to call me to reach me? Hum... come to think of it, will you be picking up on other individuals than us on your monitor? Residents of the Labyrinth, people in our lines of sight, that sort of thing?"

"Yeah I will keep an eye on you on my screen and see others as well, I will not get all of the Labyrinth at once, but I will get some of it, but I will add the number just to be sure."
The Virtual Adept said and he took down your number on his own phone.
"I will get our guys, the Nephandi and other critters...hopefully if my program works as it should and no one is warded."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:53 am

[Villa, 1.45]
Nicole wrote:'Ooh, and after this, I'll have a shot in the beauty pageant, yes?' Nicole replied in a ditzy manner.
Colin's brow furrowed slightly, "No, but you might have a shot at qualifying for the debate team... Really, I do wish you'd take this a bit more seriously; you might have dodged a bullet with Flavian, but the Traditions, and seemingly his House in particular, does have a bothersome high rate of litigious bastards who don't have his... particular disqualifier. Try not to give them an easy target."

Anja wrote:"I do know some nifty rotes if I do say so myself, so I am sure we can find some trade, depending on what understanding you have so what you can learn."
Chris replied to the Orphan.
He nodded, "I've got a fairly broad base of understanding... by the Sphere system, I believe I should rank as Disciple of one, Initiate of five, and Apprentice of one. Well, and Adept on paper, but for practical work, not so much..."

Anja wrote:"Yeah I will keep an eye on you on my screen and see others as well, I will not get all of the Labyrinth at once, but I will get some of it, but I will add the number just to be sure."
The Virtual Adept said and he took down your number on his own phone.
"I will get our guys, the Nephandi and other critters...hopefully if my program works as it should and no one is warded."
He nodded, "Sounds good. The ones I am most worried about would be the specters. Those can get tricky... hum, come to think of it, I don't suppose you would be able to detect at range whether a given human is possessed by a ghost?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:15 pm

[Villa, 1.45]

He nodded, "I've got a fairly broad base of understanding... by the Sphere system, I believe I should rank as Disciple of one, Initiate of five, and Apprentice of one. Well, and Adept on paper, but for practical work, not so much..."

"Well without knowing which Spheres you rank what in it might be hard for me to find out what you would like, but allot of my magick deal with space, finding things, moving things and finding out what things are though I have some mroe...destructive abilities as well."
Chris replied.
"I have one rote that allow a person to take on abilities from a computer game character for example, that can be most useful."

He nodded, "Sounds good. The ones I am most worried about would be the specters. Those can get tricky... hum, come to think of it, I don't suppose you would be able to detect at range whether a given human is possessed by a ghost?"

"Yes I believe so, the dots on my screen will be seperated between mages, wer creatures, spirits, ghosts, other supernatural creatures, undead and sleepers, so someone who is both human and a spirit should indicate someone who is posessed."
The Virtual Adept said.
"Well at least in theory."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:42 pm

[Villa, 1.45]
Anja wrote:"Well without knowing which Spheres you rank what in it might be hard for me to find out what you would like, but allot of my magick deal with space, finding things, moving things and finding out what things are though I have some mroe...destructive abilities as well."
Chris replied.
"I have one rote that allow a person to take on abilities from a computer game character for example, that can be most useful."
Colin nodded, "Fair... I can slightly shift the flow of time, and I am completely bereft of skill with anything alive and thinking. Everything else, I can manipulate to a modest extent. Hum, my Cultist Cabalmate would probably love the rote that lets him take on the abilities of a video game character, I'm afraid I don't play enough video games to have an adequate reference base... though I might be able to tweak it to draw on books instead."

Anja wrote:"Yes I believe so, the dots on my screen will be seperated between mages, wer creatures, spirits, ghosts, other supernatural creatures, undead and sleepers, so someone who is both human and a spirit should indicate someone who is posessed."
The Virtual Adept said.
"Well at least in theory."
He nodded, "Excellent. I do find that theoreticals hold true more often than not, when tested by a Mage. Not always repeatable by others, but nevertheless..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:08 pm

[Villa, 1.45]

Colin nodded, "Fair... I can slightly shift the flow of time, and I am completely bereft of skill with anything alive and thinking. Everything else, I can manipulate to a modest extent. Hum, my Cultist Cabalmate would probably love the rote that lets him take on the abilities of a video game character, I'm afraid I don't play enough video games to have an adequate reference base... though I might be able to tweak it to draw on books instead."

"Well the rote in question use Mind Magick as it most important Sphere, so it might not work for you then, but yes it should work with books as well with a little tweaking, though it is more natural for me to use computer games."
Chris said.
"Hum...I assume you know common things like how to make mundane items stronger and more durable?"

He nodded, "Excellent. I do find that theoreticals hold true more often than not, when tested by a Mage. Not always repeatable by others, but nevertheless..."

"Hopefully it will work out yes, but do remember that things like wards and the like might interfare with my program."
Chris replied.
"And there is a fair chance there are wards in the Labyrinth."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:02 pm

[Villa, 1.45]

Anja's Post:

'Which I do.' she replied, clearly not seeing what the hell people were trying to get at.

Colin's Post:

'Quite. Let's pander to them instead! They're the fucking millstones sinking the ship.' she'll shoot back brightly, before leaving to go inside.

Anja's Post:

'Just don't hit the same target for the same stuff repeatedly, or pick a small store where a manual inventory is easy to do.' Nicole replied, making some room on the table for the laptop.

Anja's Post:

Nicole gave a confused look, starting to uncoil the cable to find the end. 'Okay, if you set up the network now, I'll distribute the headsets. Would be fucking useful if everyone was with their team and not spread out everywhere...'

Anja's Post:

'Good. I can stand my ground like, but I ain't a machine-gun. Who do you want to handle comms?' the Etherite will ask Crexia. 'Communications; we've set up a radio net so all teams can keep in contact during the mission.' explaining further on remembering that Hermetics sucked at technology in general.

Serge's Post:

Nicole gave a frown as an incoming message hit her cell as she picked up the paper plane; this being one of those times where heavy network demand slowed down the connections. Read the message, then looked at the drawing. Studying it as she went to the Chief to hand it in.

[There; tied together nicely...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:33 pm

[Villa, 1.45]

'Which I do.' she replied, clearly not seeing what the hell people were trying to get at.

"That is not what I heard happened with Adeptus Falvian."
Fran replied and she raised an eyebrow.
"And the talk around the Chantry is you have pissed of more than one older mage."

'Just don't hit the same target for the same stuff repeatedly, or pick a small store where a manual inventory is easy to do.' Nicole replied, making some room on the table for the laptop.

"Well I doubt I will make a career out of petty crime Nicole, I can afford to pay for my supplies."
Jon commented with a bit of a chuckle.

Nicole gave a confused look, starting to uncoil the cable to find the end. 'Okay, if you set up the network now, I'll distribute the headsets. Would be fucking useful if everyone was with their team and not spread out everywhere...'

"I can do that."Chris said as he sat his computer down on the table and plugged it in.
"Well the Hermetics at least seam to be doing something useful."
He said as he glanced around.
"And you have to remember that we are not an army Miss Bouchard."

'Good. I can stand my ground like, but I ain't a machine-gun. Who do you want to handle comms?' the Etherite will ask Crexia. 'Communications; we've set up a radio net so all teams can keep in contact during the mission.' explaining further on remembering that Hermetics sucked at technology in general.

"I believe Mr Tilly is probably the best person for that job Miss Bouchard."
Crexia said and the kid with the dyed hair nodded.
"I will take care of that."
He added.
"And we are going to have to protect one another no one expect you to do it all...ehm Miss Bouchard was it?"

Nicole gave a frown as an incoming message hit her cell as she picked up the paper plane; this being one of those times where heavy network demand slowed down the connections. Read the message, then looked at the drawing. Studying it as she went to the Chief to hand it in.

You saw the drawing was of a man, with a tentacle for an arm and wearing robes, one side of his face was horribly mutated. Jeffry accepted the folded up drawing and nodded.
"So this is the Giledian then?"
He asked and he raised an eyebrow.
"Did Mr Yager get anything on any other key members of the Labyrinth?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:51 pm

Anja wrote:"Very well, be careful Serge the man is well restrained but he is still a Nephandus."
Richard said with a concerned look in his eyes.
"Good luck hopefully you can get something out of him."

"Thanks. I'll be careful." Serge said as he began his trek down towards the basement.

As he walked he tried to think of what to say to Kira's mentor. He ended up drawing a blank though, as he soon realized he knew nothing about Kira's mentor. The man also likely wasn't in the mood to be giving more information to the Traditions after what he had been through. With a sigh Serge trekked forward realizing he was likely gonna have to wing it.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:37 pm

[villa 1.45]

He nodded, "When have you ever known me to be neither? And no bother at all."

He gave him a wry look, as if he had plenty to say about that but didn't, then a smile before he walked off.

"Yes you just keep it on your person and it will offer you protection."
Antonio confirmed.
"It should last for a few hours but not more."
The Scribe said.

"Best not dilly dally then," he said, tucking it away in a safe spot.

"Ok any help is welcome, I know Lady Crexia have set up in one of the bedrooms for the ritual work."
He said and pointed up the stairs.

"Very well, let's go then I don't want to keep anyone waiting."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:20 pm

"Thanks. I'll be careful." Serge said as he began his trek down towards the basement.

"Good...I will see you later then Serge."
Richard said and he gave a tired sigh before he went to check on another patient.

[Basement 1 45]

As he walked he tried to think of what to say to Kira's mentor. He ended up drawing a blank though, as he soon realized he knew nothing about Kira's mentor. The man also likely wasn't in the mood to be giving more information to the Traditions after what he had been through. With a sigh Serge trekked forward realizing he was likely gonna have to wing it.

You got down to the basement young Andrew had been set to keep watch to give the guard you had spoken with a moment ago a break, probably to take care of a personal errand. The young mage looked nervous but the basement was quiet. Seeing the Cultist the boy bowed and asked.
"What can I kep you with Mr Yager?"

[villa 1.45]

"Best not dilly dally then," he said, tucking it away in a safe spot.

"Hopefully we will not be in the Labyrinth for hours."
The Scribe commented sourly.
"Well I should go and see where I might be useful Sodalis."

"Very well, let's go then I don't want to keep anyone waiting."

The other Hermetic nodded and went with you up the stairs to one of the two small bedrooms there. You saw two of your Sodalis drawing symbols on the floor in chalk to Crexia's directions. You heard Vanja coming up the stairs after you.
"I heard you guys could use a hand."
The Cultist said and Crexia nodded.
"Well the more the stronger an effect we can manifest."
The archmage replied. To Adley she said.
"We have finished working mental wards."
She looked at a handful of dollar coins on the table.
"Each one of those will work as a token, I will have them given to every member of our forces later...now for the rest of the protections...I will lead, old hand gestures and chants but Rennisance symbolism for the magic circle."
The lich instructed in a tone of voice that said she expected to be obeyed.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:55 pm

[villa 1.45]

"Hopefully we will not be in the Labyrinth for hours."
The Scribe commented sourly.
"Well I should go and see where I might be useful Sodalis."

"I hope not," he said, but he had an odd look pass over his face. This would be another foray into a labyrinth, and yet it felt as if he were stepping back into the same one that he had stepped into, against his will, when his avatar had been with Dylan. He could not shake the sense that, though the origins of the labyrinths may not be the same unfortunate victim, they were still yet one massive, hellscapish maze, just permutations...he shook his head a bit to clear it. Having focused on the devotion helped him from falling right back into some of the worst memories or at least feeling as stuck on them. He knew they were there, but tried to keep his focus on what they had to do now.

he other Hermetic nodded and went with you up the stairs to one of the two small bedrooms there. You saw two of your Sodalis drawing symbols on the floor in chalk to Crexia's directions. You heard Vanja coming up the stairs after you.
"I heard you guys could use a hand."
The Cultist said and Crexia nodded.
"Well the more the stronger an effect we can manifest."
The archmage replied. To Adley she said.
"We have finished working mental wards."
She looked at a handful of dollar coins on the table.
"Each one of those will work as a token, I will have them given to every member of our forces later...now for the rest of the protections...I will lead, old hand gestures and chants but Rennisance symbolism for the magic circle."

He quickly looked at who was there and the setup being created and nodded to Crexia. "Yes, ma'am." To Vanja, he asked, "Forgive me if I already asked you, I'm not trying to be insulting, are you comfortable with the gestures and symbolism?" He knew Crexia apparently could be intimidating and he wanted to give her a chance to catch on if she needed it before starting. He felt confident about being able to help raise spells like the shield of Mars well, for obvious reasons but he knew better than to assume the enemy wasn't prepared.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:53 am

[villa 1.45]

I hope not," he said, but he had an odd look pass over his face. This would be another foray into a labyrinth, and yet it felt as if he were stepping back into the same one that he had stepped into, against his will, when his avatar had been with Dylan. He could not shake the sense that, though the origins of the labyrinths may not be the same unfortunate victim, they were still yet one massive, hellscapish maze, just permutations...he shook his head a bit to clear it. Having focused on the devotion helped him from falling right back into some of the worst memories or at least feeling as stuck on them. He knew they were there, but tried to keep his focus on what they had to do now.

Antonio looked at Adley for a moment, but he decided not to ask he just muttered.
"Bloody Nephandi."
Under his breah before he went to see if he could be useful.

He quickly looked at who was there and the setup being created and nodded to Crexia. "Yes, ma'am." To Vanja, he asked, "Forgive me if I already asked you, I'm not trying to be insulting, are you comfortable with the gestures and symbolism?" He knew Crexia apparently could be intimidating and he wanted to give her a chance to catch on if she needed it before starting. He felt confident about being able to help raise spells like the shield of Mars well, for obvious reasons but he knew better than to assume the enemy wasn't prepared.

The Hermetics from Worchester was there, and Crexia and Mara. Vanja nodded she went quickly through all fifteen of the old Hermetic hand gestures with trained ease.
"I know them, my liniage are ritualist, we are trained in the ritual words and gestures of several other paths as we often end up working magick with them."
The Cultist said.
"I am ready to start working if you are Mr Roth Hicks."
In the chamber the preperations seamed to be complete and everyone was taking up their places. Crexia put a handfull of Brazillian coin in the center of the group.
"We will tie the wards to these, that way we can distribute them among the others going into the Labyrinth."
The lich instructed.
"Are everyone ready, we will begin with the Shield of Mars it is not an Hermetic secret so our Cult of Mercury friend can take part."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:09 am

[villa 1.45]

Vanja nodded she went quickly through all fifteen of the old Hermetic hand gestures with trained ease.
"I know them, my liniage are ritualist, we are trained in the ritual words and gestures of several other paths as we often end up working magick with them."
The Cultist said.
"I am ready to start working if you are Mr Roth Hicks."

"Very impressive, your facility excels my own; do pardon my query," he said to her with a respectful nod.

Crexia put a handfull of Brazillian coin in the center of the group.
"We will tie the wards to these, that way we can distribute them among the others going into the Labyrinth."
The lich instructed.
"Are everyone ready, we will begin with the Shield of Mars it is not an Hermetic secret so our Cult of Mercury friend can take part.

Crexia had everything in hand, and that was as it should be, considering it all and he let his attention gather on the working they were going to do together. He found himself a suitable spot, moving as was necessary.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 31 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 31  Next