Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Living Walls, Betrayal and the Even Sadder Chronomancer IC Thread 49

5 posters

Page 16 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 31  Next

Go down

The Living Walls, Betrayal and the Even Sadder Chronomancer IC Thread 49  - Page 16 Empty Re: The Living Walls, Betrayal and the Even Sadder Chronomancer IC Thread 49

Post by Warpmind Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:00 am

[Villa, 1.45]
Nicole wrote:'Ooh, you trying to chew me out again? Flavian was a jerkwad who if left to his own devices could end up getting folk killed. People p'haps under my command. Not gonna let that happen, period.' Nicole replied, clearly annoyed at the turn of conversation. A touch upset too.
Anja wrote:"No Mr Wainwright is not trying to chew you out Nicole he is tyring to tell you how to express your views and not get chewd out."
Fran shot in.
Colin gave Fran a nod, "What she said. No, this was not so specifically aimed - the Flavian situation is in and of itself too complex to simplify like that, and the legal debates over that are going to take a long while to sort out properly, but that knee-jerk defensive reaction of yours just now was precisely what I had in mind. By all accounts, you're an excellent, level-headed battlefield tactician, and I really wish you would learn to apply that skill set to conversation, too. Just the calm to identify what your instincts are warning you about, and logically determine how to address the concerns... but we'll go over this in some finer detail when we're not in a war zone. Suspicious though you may be, I do have your best interests in mind as a member of my Cabal."

Anja wrote:"Sounds natural to me. I mean it is not like Strwberry listen to me even if my war from is allot stronger and bigger than hers, and I would not even try to mess with Alessa, I have never seen her war from, she just look at you and then you somehow end up doing exactly what she wants."
Coawa said and he scratched his bald head again.
He grinned, "Well, now, that's likely more related to feminine wiles than her being an Ananasi."

Nicole wrote:'An Ethernet cable is basic Muggle stuff? Used all the time for making networks and hooking up routers to landlines?' the Etherite replied, giving the Adept with a suspicious look. 'You're just yanking my chain now, ain't ya?'
Anja wrote:"I know what the cable is but the problem is if that will work actoss dimension bounderies. I have found just using pure data and not relying on physical connections to generally work better."
Chris replied.
"Basically setting something up to play Counterstrike and setting something up to be able to teleport someone across the Gauntlet is a little bit different.
He nodded sagely, "Our own Master Narim is not much different - I've done my own share of cable pulls in the Chantry to help him out. Wireless work, though - there's nothing getting past him there."

Anja wrote:"Yeah if we can get some of their fetters that would be exellent, there are no stronger Arcane connection to a ghost."
Fran said and Crexia nodded.
"It would be the thing to have to control them...or destroy them Mr Wainwright."
He smiled thinly, "As I said, bend them over my knee... Quite specifically, that's something I could possibly pull off."

Anja wrote:Crexia considered for a while then she nodded.
"It is a legal gray area but I would not say that contacting this person and asking them for help with identifying the Labyrinth's leaders to be far enough out into the gray that you can get legal recucaussions for it."
The old lich replied.
He nodded, turning to Jeffry again, "As Security Chief, I'll leave the question up to you, then - risk it, or not?"
He looked down at his phone, "And why isn't the message sending? Oh, right..."
He looked sheepish for a moment, then put his phone down on a table and took a step back so the phone got signal again, "I have the Scrambler up. Calling that contact might be a moot point, after all, while I have connectivity issues on my person."

Jeremy wrote:He sent a text back to his cabal leader saying, "Sure thing. If you just need a single sketch I can teleport it over to you. If you need multiples for everyone then yeah, I'll get Master Sharaya to scan them and send them out."
He looked at the message, and typed back a quick 'Send them to Nicole - I'm a difficult man to target right now, and any messages risk getting delayed.'
Then he backed away from the phone so it got signal again, and looked over to Nicole, "Miss Bouchard, I volunteered you as Mr. Yager's point of contact for sending any sketches, since I've rendered myself temporarily inaccessible."

((OOC: Forgot about the Scrambler being up - not gonna have all that much signal for a call then. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

The Living Walls, Betrayal and the Even Sadder Chronomancer IC Thread 49  - Page 16 Empty Re: The Living Walls, Betrayal and the Even Sadder Chronomancer IC Thread 49

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:29 am

[Villa, 1.45]

He grinned, "Well, now, that's likely more related to feminine wiles than her being an Ananasi."

"Yeah well she expect everyone to fall into line."
Coawa said with a shrug.
"She seam to know what she is doing though."

He nodded sagely, "Our own Master Narim is not much different - I've done my own share of cable pulls in the Chantry to help him out. Wireless work, though - there's nothing getting past him there."

Chris nodded at that.
"Master Sharaya are quite skilled at what he do."
The Virtual Adept agreed.

He smiled thinly, "As I said, bend them over my knee... Quite specifically, that's something I could possibly pull off."

"Well now Mr Wainwright that would be most interesting to see."
Crexia said wryly and she raised an eyebrow.

He nodded, turning to Jeffry again, "As Security Chief, I'll leave the question up to you, then - risk it, or not?"
He looked down at his phone, "And why isn't the message sending? Oh, right..."
He looked sheepish for a moment, then put his phone down on a table and took a step back so the phone got signal again, "I have the Scrambler up. Calling that contact might be a moot point, after all, while I have connectivity issues on my person."

"Very well I guess I will have to send the message to Mr Yager then and it is a mote point as to your contact, though I would say riking it to get some more information would probably worth it as we are going in mostly blind here, but let us hope the young girl in the informary can give us something."
Jeffry said and he tuped up Colin's message instead adding his regular, To Mr Yager, and greeing at the end and letting the recipient know that the message was originally from Colin.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:27 pm

[Villa, 1.45]
Anja wrote:"Well now Mr Wainwright that would be most interesting to see."
Crexia said wryly and she raised an eyebrow.
Colin grinned, "Well, I certainly have every intention of doing what I can. If that means humiliating Jace's ghost in front of the ghosts who trust him, well... I'm not going to protest it."

Anja wrote:"Very well I guess I will have to send the message to Mr Yager then and it is a mote point as to your contact, though I would say riking it to get some more information would probably worth it as we are going in mostly blind here, but let us hope the young girl in the informary can give us something."
Jeffry said and he tuped up Colin's message instead adding his regular, To Mr Yager, and greeing at the end and letting the recipient know that the message was originally from Colin.
He shook his head, "No need for you to contact him, Sir, the message was delivered, and he offered to teleport a sketch, or ask Master Sharaya to scan them if plural. I just won't be able to communicate smoothly without setting my phone down away from myself for a little while."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:38 pm

[Villa, 1.45]

Colin grinned, "Well, I certainly have every intention of doing what I can. If that means humiliating Jace's ghost in front of the ghosts who trust him, well... I'm not going to protest it."

"Well seeing your leader put over the knee of one of the enemy and spanked like a misbehaving school boy do tend to put a crimp in morale, but I do thing destroying Wallace Jace will take precedence over humiliating him, no matter how satisfying such a sight would be."
Crexia commented wryly.

He shook his head, "No need for you to contact him, Sir, the message was delivered, and he offered to teleport a sketch, or ask Master Sharaya to scan them if plural. I just won't be able to communicate smoothly without setting my phone down away from myself for a little while."

"Ah...well good then, the less I have to handle the infernal little machine the better."
Jeffry muttered as he put his phone away.
"Well then as we wait to hear back from him, are there any other questions and preperations that anyone wish to do and yes I am aware of my apprentice organizing some spellwork, I was thinking beyond that."
The old war mage asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:16 pm

[Villa 1.45]

Anja's Post:

Colin's Post:

'Why bother? The folks who'd get pissy about tone are the sorts who always say "later", and that means "never". The war is going too fucking badly to continue to pussy-foot about shit.'

Anja's Post:

'But what happens if it turns out the base is shielded for all external transmissions?' the Etherite replied.

Anja's Post:

'Erm... how did you?...' looking at the router, to see if it ran off the mains or a battery. 'Also need 'bout thirty metres of Ethernet cable. Using connectors to link a series is okay.'

Anja's Post:

'Well, what teams are we in? Just need to make sure each can cover all eventualities...'

Colin's Post:

'Erm... okay. Why?' Nicole replied, trying to adjust what appeared to be an outsize holster on her webbing.

[I suspected that might be true. Which is why I gave you the getout clause]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:42 pm

[villa 1.45]

I mean the only life I remember from my past is some flashes of being a Akashic I assume in China a few hundred years ago, living in a monestary. But I must have had other lives as well that I just do nto remember." The Bonisagus said with a nod.
"Well like I said even if I find Lady Crexia slightly creepy I will nto let that affect how I do my job, that Labyrinth have to be taken down."

"Very good sodalis, but do let me know if you have issues we need to work out before we leave."

"Very well then Mr Roth Hicks, I will go and have a talk with our Sodalis, I imagine from their ages though that they will want to use modern rituals and modern gestures, which is fine, I know both sets though the old methods have a certain charm."
The old Tytalus said with a nod.

"My guess is our Thigg sodalis certainly shall," he agreed.

"It seams like it is appropriate enough yes, now it would push the energies more towards the Roman side of things. Roman and Greek Gods are often identical with just a different name to them, but the way they are presented vary slightly which can change their energetic pattern. if you are working with something like the Greek Magical Papyri it is important to keep the expression fot he God forms purely Greek, but for a standard Hermetic working that while it is based in Grek and Egyptian mystisism have slid towards Roman ideals through the Cult of Mercury then this should work pretty well yes."

He wrote down: 'I am attempting an acknowledgement, in that I know the energy of the activity that we embark upon would be aligned well with such a one.'

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:01 am

[1:45 Infirmary]

Anja wrote:"It should be fine, but try not to scare her or threathen her if she refuse to cooperate."
Richard said with a sigh as he moved on to check on the next patient.
"She...have been traumatixed enough today."

"Yes she has...." Serge said with a sigh.

Anja wrote:"I..."
Kira muttered and she looked down at her hands.
"Will I be tortured again if I refuse...or will my Mentor be hurt again?"
She asked nervously shaking slightly.
"I...know these pepole I do not want them to be captured by the Traditions and dragged to Horizon for...for...well you know..."
Tears welled up into the girl's scared eyes.

"No no no. Nothing like that. You and your mentor won't be hurt again. You are free to reject my request. I won't push harder or force you to do anything. The decision is yours to make." Serge said kindly looking at Kira tear-stricken face and then at all of the injured patients that littered the infirmary around them, hoping Kira's eyes followed his own.

Kira had appeared sympathetic towards the patients her faction had injured when Serge pointed them out before. By bringing attention to them again, he hoped Kira would still feel that sort of empathy, especially after she had gotten a taste of the type of pain the Fallen inflicted on people everyday.

Whether it was the realization of the true evil of her former comrades or a desire to atone for her crimes, Serge hoped Kira would give up the information willingly and on her own volition. He had no desire to point to speak these facts out loud to the girl, who was already teetering close to mental collapse. Even the slightest bit of coercion could push her over the edge.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:18 am

"Yes she has...." Serge said with a sigh.

"Lady Crexia do grissly work, not to mention the horror she felt when she thought she would be Gilgulled and the grief of knowing the same will happen to her teacher."
Richard said with a sigh.
"Poor kid."

"No no no. Nothing like that. You and your mentor won't be hurt again. You are free to reject my request. I won't push harder or force you to do anything. The decision is yours to make." Serge said kindly looking at Kira tear-stricken face and then at all of the injured patients that littered the infirmary around them, hoping Kira's eyes followed his own.

"Are you sure?"
The girl muttered fearfully.
"That I will not be tortured again i mean?"
She asked as she shivered and more tears ran down her face.

Kira had appeared sympathetic towards the patients her faction had injured when Serge pointed them out before. By bringing attention to them again, he hoped Kira would still feel that sort of empathy, especially after she had gotten a taste of the type of pain the Fallen inflicted on people everyday.

Whether it was the realization of the true evil of her former comrades or a desire to atone for her crimes, Serge hoped Kira would give up the information willingly and on her own volition. He had no desire to point to speak these facts out loud to the girl, who was already teetering close to mental collapse. Even the slightest bit of coercion could push her over the edge.

Kira looked around the room at the injured kinfolk and then down at her hands again.
"Wallace Jace did this to them?"
She asked softly.
"I..but if I give you any information it is as if I help condamn more from my home to Gilgul..."
She whispered still shivering on the verge of tears.

[Villa 1.45]

'Why bother? The folks who'd get pissy about tone are the sorts who always say "later", and that means "never". The war is going too fucking badly to continue to pussy-foot about shit.'

"Everyone care about tone Nick no one likes to be treated badly."
Fran said.
"I consider myself a fairly resonable person and I do want to help pepole with thier issues but if someone comes to me and say give my a fucking cup of sugar bitch! I am far less likely to give it to them than if they say, hi Fran, can i borrow a cup of sugar from you. I mean there is a difference, and the difference approchces are likely to get a different response."

'But what happens if it turns out the base is shielded for all external transmissions?' the Etherite replied.

"As my signal go through mundane shielding it will be a ward and and a cable will not do much, though it might provide as the Hermetics call it an arcane connection to the other side of the portal."
Chris replied.

'Erm... how did you?...' looking at the router, to see if it ran off the mains or a battery. 'Also need 'bout thirty metres of Ethernet cable. Using connectors to link a series is okay.'

"I was here all the time hanging out with the older member of my Tradition but you did not notice me and the Master forgot I was here."
Jon replied he hadned you the router who ran on battery then he tapped at his phone and then reached into his bag and found a coil of cable and handed it to you as well, the cable was fairly new but not brand new and of good quality.
"Here thirthy meters of ethernet cable."
Jon anounced with a smile.

'Well, what teams are we in? Just need to make sure each can cover all eventualities...'

"You are on my team Miss Boucjhard."
Crexia replied.

"Very good sodalis, but do let me know if you have issues we need to work out before we leave."

"I will be fine Sodalis I am just a little creeped out."
The Bonisagus whispered.

"My guess is our Thigg sodalis certainly shall," he agreed.

"Hum...I have been reading up on House Thig's methods lately actually Sodalis. I try to constantly learn new thing not to...stagnate."
Crexia said and she sigh clearly thinking about William who only went though the smae routine day out and day in.
"I should be able to work with the young man."

He wrote down: 'I am attempting an acknowledgement, in that I know the energy of the activity that we embark upon would be aligned well with such a one.'

"Then it is quite appropriate Sodalis."
The old lich replied.
"I carry some candles with me if you wish to use one with the aknowledgement."
She offered.

(OOC: Sorry for the late reply I was tired after GMing last light, the game ran long but they managed to take down a white Tabaxi that might have been a game representation of that asshole cat that keep harassing Vervain. Smile )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:26 pm

[Villa, 1.45]
Nicole wrote:'Why bother? The folks who'd get pissy about tone are the sorts who always say "later", and that means "never". The war is going too fucking badly to continue to pussy-foot about shit.'
Anja wrote:"Everyone care about tone Nick no one likes to be treated badly."
Fran said.
"I consider myself a fairly resonable person and I do want to help pepole with thier issues but if someone comes to me and say give my a fucking cup of sugar bitch! I am far less likely to give it to them than if they say, hi Fran, can i borrow a cup of sugar from you. I mean there is a difference, and the difference approchces are likely to get a different response."
Colin nodded to Fran, speaking softly, "Trust me, Lady Crexia has been an active player since the around the days of the Roman Kingdom - before the Republic -and she is quite a strong advocate for proper tone and protocol being observed. However, she is also far too experienced and powerful to bother with needless pussyfooting. She'll use a gentle touch when that's more convenient - and in diplomatic situations, it usually is - but if she deems it necessary, she'll not let you forget that she was the chief torturer of House Tremere before it Fell. Politeness is the grease that makes politics go around, far more than filthy lucre, and we all need to learn this at some point. That's not the same as being a deferential doormat all the time; one can quite well stand one's ground in defiance, but quite often, it's the first person to raise their voice in anger who loses the exchange..."

Anja wrote:"Well seeing your leader put over the knee of one of the enemy and spanked like a misbehaving school boy do tend to put a crimp in morale, but I do thing destroying Wallace Jace will take precedence over humiliating him, no matter how satisfying such a sight would be."
Crexia commented wryly.
He grinned, "Seek, confine, and destroy, of course - I would not waste valuable time trying to embarrass him like that on the battlefield, when that time could be better spent securing him and taking down oncoming enemies. But it is an amusing thought to entertain, however tactically impractical it might be."

Anja wrote:"Ah...well good then, the less I have to handle the infernal little machine the better."
Jeffry muttered as he put his phone away.
"Well then as we wait to hear back from him, are there any other questions and preperations that anyone wish to do and yes I am aware of my apprentice organizing some spellwork, I was thinking beyond that."
The old war mage asked.
He nodded, "I believe I am ready, personally."

Nicole wrote:'Erm... okay. Why?' Nicole replied, trying to adjust what appeared to be an outsize holster on her webbing.
He shrugged, "I've got a Scrambler active - makes me nigh-impossible to target magically, and largely invisible to any senses not based on line of sight, but the downside is that it also blocks electromagnetic signals, i.e. my phone can't get a signal."

((OOC: That cat had it coming. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:44 pm

[Villa, 1.45]

Colin nodded to Fran, speaking softly, "Trust me, Lady Crexia has been an active player since the around the days of the Roman Kingdom - before the Republic -and she is quite a strong advocate for proper tone and protocol being observed. However, she is also far too experienced and powerful to bother with needless pussyfooting. She'll use a gentle touch when that's more convenient - and in diplomatic situations, it usually is - but if she deems it necessary, she'll not let you forget that she was the chief torturer of House Tremere before it Fell. Politeness is the grease that makes politics go around, far more than filthy lucre, and we all need to learn this at some point. That's not the same as being a deferential doormat all the time; one can quite well stand one's ground in defiance, but quite often, it's the first person to raise their voice in anger who loses the exchange..."

Fran looked like she wanted to say something else but she decided against it, deciding that this was a matter between Colin and Nicole so she simply nodded to Nicole and said.
"I will see you inside then."
Before she headed into the villa.

He grinned, "Seek, confine, and destroy, of course - I would not waste valuable time trying to embarrass him like that on the battlefield, when that time could be better spent securing him and taking down oncoming enemies. But it is an amusing thought to entertain, however tactically impractical it might be."

"Amusing indeed."
Crexia agreed.
"And there are times when humiliating your oponent is a way to gain a tactical advantage, so we will see but most likely we will seek to destroy the horrid miscreant outright instead."
The old lich replied with a chuckle.
"But we can always hope."

He nodded, "I believe I am ready, personally."

"Good the rest of us should be ready as well soon."
Jeffry replied with a nod.

He shrugged, "I've got a Scrambler active - makes me nigh-impossible to target magically, and largely invisible to any senses not based on line of sight, but the downside is that it also blocks electromagnetic signals, i.e. my phone can't get a signal."

"Nifty that is a pretty nifty program Mr Wainwright."
Chris commented.
"That Scrambler of yours."

(OOC: But the cat wanted to murder your character for the honor of her Goddess, even if said Goddess do nto want the guy dead, in fact that is the last thing she want right now.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:51 pm

[Villa 1.45]

"You are on my team Miss Boucjhard."
Crexia replied.

Assuming he overheard them, glanced over at Nicole and then back to Crexia, his brows drawn. He'd requested she be on that team....and told Nic, and Nic had given her sass over his comment to discuss it with her team on the way over.

"Hum...I have been reading up on House Thig's methods lately actually Sodalis. I try to constantly learn new thing not to...stagnate."
Crexia said and she sigh clearly thinking about William who only went though the smae routine day out and day in.
"I should be able to work with the young man."

"That is wise, ma'am. It is still a bit strange for me as I am used to more hands on and energy approach but it seems to have worked like visualization methods. Perhaps that will be easier for you to associate, due to your prowess in that Art."

"Then it is quite appropriate Sodalis."
The old lich replied.
"I carry some candles with me if you wish to use one with the aknowledgement."
She offered.

"Thank you that would be welcome. I believe we'll have time if I roll this in right before we create our defenses."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:49 pm

[Villa 1.45]

Assuming he overheard them, glanced over at Nicole and then back to Crexia, his brows drawn. He'd requested she be on that team....and told Nic, and Nic had given her sass over his comment to discuss it with her team on the way over.

Crexia raised an eyebrow but she did not comment.

That is wise, ma'am. It is still a bit strange for me as I am used to more hands on and energy approach but it seems to have worked like visualization methods. Perhaps that will be easier for you to associate, due to your prowess in that Art."

"It seams to me that indeed vizualizion are part of it and indeed allot of what House Thig do are the same as the rest of us, however it is on the mental plate of computer programs. I still do nto ahve a strong grasp on their Paradigm though but I should understand it enough to work with them."
The archmage commented.
"Well if there was nothing further Sodalis I should coordinate the ritual with our Sodalis and get it done, time runs short."

"Thank you that would be welcome. I believe we'll have time if I roll this in right before we create our defenses."

Crexia nodded and she found several candles from her belt pouch and handed them to you, good quality bee's wax xandles in red.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:46 pm

[Villa, 1.45]

Anja's Post:

'And did I say the first to you last week when I asked if you had one of them tools that can lever off dead stud buttons?' the Etherite replied. 'No, I didn't. The problem is that I call it like I see it, which a lot of folks object to because it's not got the comfy tissue of lies which makes it palatable.'

'Plus, how can you like, borrow sugar? It's not like I can return it from being used in a cake or something...'

Colin's Post:

'First off, who is Crexia? Second, you are confusing politeness with being a doormat. In fact, you'll soon realise that I am more "polite" to folks I don't respect 'cos I simply don't give a fuck about serving up bowls of BS to 'em.'

Anja's Post:

'And... shouldn't this intel be told to everyone? Or did my mind blank out for that bit?' giving a little frown, taking in the woman [who'd she'd not seen before].

Anja's Post:

'Yeah, I'm assuming shopping for you is free...' she quipped, taking the cable and giving it the quick once-over. 'Okay, need to set up a workstation; p'haps not in the exact same room as the portal...'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:58 pm

[villa 1.45]

"It seams to me that indeed vizualizion are part of it and indeed allot of what House Thig do are the same as the rest of us, however it is on the mental plate of computer programs. I still do nto ahve a strong grasp on their Paradigm though but I should understand it enough to work with them."
The archmage commented.
"Well if there was nothing further Sodalis I should coordinate the ritual with our Sodalis and get it done, time runs short."

"Of course."

Crexia nodded and she found several candles from her belt pouch and handed them to you, good quality bee's wax xandles in red.

"These are perfect, thank you - please let me know if you need to be reimbursed for these, I have a few items that might be useful in return." He took one of them, figuring that was enough and then tore the sheet out of the notes he made and wrapped the candle in it for the moment. Then he went to ask Colin something, before he went back to work with the hermetics.

// Adley told Nic that Crexia's team needed her when they were in the garage before they left for the villa. He pointed her out and her group. He suggested they discuss their abilities together. She basically told him 'duh' and then he figured she was on it.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:02 am

[Villa, 1.45]
Nicole wrote:'And did I say the first to you last week when I asked if you had one of them tools that can lever off dead stud buttons?' the Etherite replied. 'No, I didn't. The problem is that I call it like I see it, which a lot of folks object to because it's not got the comfy tissue of lies which makes it palatable.'

'Plus, how can you like, borrow sugar? It's not like I can return it from being used in a cake or something...'
Colin arched an eyebrow, "If you lend someone five dollars, do you expect to get the exact same bill back, or do you simply assume they'll bring back the same amount of cash in whatever bills and coins are convenient at the time?"

Nicole wrote:'First off, who is Crexia? Second, you are confusing politeness with being a doormat. In fact, you'll soon realise that I am more "polite" to folks I don't respect 'cos I simply don't give a fuck about serving up bowls of BS to 'em.'
He shook his head, "Crexia is the quite ancient Hermetic Archmage who is aiding us tonight. I'm sure you've seen her; graceful, sort of timeless, doesn't breathe except to speak... in any case, no, I am not confusing politeness with being a doormat. Politeness is the very tool that helps make your position unassailable by denying your enemies - especially the more powerful ones - the excuse of an insult before witnesses, and it is also a tool that will help instill a sense of genuine trust and respect in those who would be seen as your lessers, especially those who believe themselves to be your lessers, in fact. Linear Magi, apprentices, Custos that might not have been treated as well as they ought..."
He smiled wryly, "Also, there are many kinds of respect. I respect Master Steelhaven as a good man and Deacon Primus, I respect Chief Morgan as a good man, senior officer, and friend, I respect Lady Crexia as a highly experienced Mage, friend, and confidant, I respect you as a capable warrior, and I respect Senior Quaesitor D'Angelo as a powerful, shrewd, and quite deeply personal enemy... You don't have to like someone to respect them, but recognizing why you might be wise to respect them is an occasionally crucial survival skill."

Anja wrote:"Nifty that is a pretty nifty program Mr Wainwright."
Chris commented.
"That Scrambler of yours."
He nodded, "It's quite convenient, except for mobile coverage... If you see me pop up on your tracking all of a sudden, assume something's become a bit sticky. If you see Anna suddenly appear, it means she needs immediate evacuation."

S7trif3 wrote:"These are perfect, thank you - please let me know if you need to be reimbursed for these, I have a few items that might be useful in return." He took one of them, figuring that was enough and then tore the sheet out of the notes he made and wrapped the candle in it for the moment. Then he went to ask Colin something, before he went back to work with the hermetics.
He arched an eyebrow at Adley, "Amicus?"

((OOC: The crazy cat wanted to kill my character for mommy and daddy dearest, and they sufficiently heretical towards Lolth that my Mystra-worshipping character was offended. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:03 am

[Villa, 1.45]

He seemed confused over Nicole's confusion, and while he tried to keep half an ear on their discussion he didn't have time to engage unless he thought he had to. There was too much else to do and he needed to keep focus, brought right to his attention when Colin looked at him questioningly and it took him a moment to remember what he'd meant to ask him about. " You were making a call regarding some intel? I was wondering if you knew anything about what we might expect at the gate. to prepare for...though I'm working on setting up some basics."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:58 am

Anja wrote:"Are you sure?"
The girl muttered fearfully.
"That I will not be tortured again i mean?"
She asked as she shivered and more tears ran down her face.

"Never again." Serge said in his trademark reassuring voice.

Anja wrote:Kira looked around the room at the injured kinfolk and then down at her hands again.
"Wallace Jace did this to them?"
She asked softly.
"I..but if I give you any information it is as if I help condemn more from my home to Gilgul..."
She whispered still shivering on the verge of tears.

"Yeah well....Wallace Jace did most of this I assume. Though there are those with combat injuries here. It's not just one man. It's the Fallen who've hurt all these people." Serge said with a nod, trying to think of his next words carefully.

"By giving me this information, you will be helping everyone who the Fallen have hurt now and will hurt in the future. Countless future victims will be spared of Wallace Jace's machinations." he began, knowing that what he was saying was risky given the girl's mental state. "Once again, this is your choice to make. I don't know your relationship with the leaders of the labyrinth. If you truly think you cannot do it than I understand. The Tradition's values freedom of choice and I value yours."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:29 am

[Villa, 1.45]

'And did I say the first to you last week when I asked if you had one of them tools that can lever off dead stud buttons?' the Etherite replied. 'No, I didn't. The problem is that I call it like I see it, which a lot of folks object to because it's not got the comfy tissue of lies which makes it palatable.'

"You have never been other than nice to me Nicole. It was an example to show that approach matters, that someone caring about how they are spoken to do not mean they are assholes."
Fran replied.
"Well I guess you could give someone a slice of cake but no really one ask to be given a cup of sugar, perhaps with the promise that next time the toher person need something like that you will give them what they need as well."

'First off, who is Crexia? Second, you are confusing politeness with being a doormat. In fact, you'll soon realise that I am more "polite" to folks I don't respect 'cos I simply don't give a fuck about serving up bowls of BS to 'em.'

"Lady Crexia of House Tytalus, the visitng archmage...the blue lady."
Fran commented.
"Well I do not consider myself a doormat even if I know how to use etiquette among older magi."

'And... shouldn't this intel be told to everyone? Or did my mind blank out for that bit?' giving a little frown, taking in the woman [who'd she'd not seen before].

Crexia was a very small woman, but despite her frail statue she looked and behaved like a queen, her hair was light brown and worn in a elegant bun, she wore a green dress and a necklace of chunkly, rock crystal stones. The symbol of House Tytalus was embroidered around the hem and the wide sleeves of her gown, which was held in the waist by a woven blet where she had a whip, a dagger and a belt pouch. You had seen her moving around Steelhaven. The oddest thing was that when you looked very closely at Crexia her deathly pale skin had a hint of blue and she did not seam to be breathing.
"I believe the teams was anounced Miss Bouchard."
The ancient Hermetic said.

Yeah, I'm assuming shopping for you is free...' she quipped, taking the cable and giving it the quick once-over. 'Okay, need to set up a workstation; p'haps not in the exact same room as the portal...'

"I could have just walked out of shops with things yes but I don't."
Jon replied then he sigh.
"But I have at times just put money by the cashier as he or she just do notice me."

"Of course."

Crexia nodded, she just waited for the younger Hermetic's questions about Mars before she headed over to the other Hermetics to discuss their upcoming ritual.

"These are perfect, thank you - please let me know if you need to be reimbursed for these, I have a few items that might be useful in return." He took one of them, figuring that was enough and then tore the sheet out of the notes he made and wrapped the candle in it for the moment. Then he went to ask Colin something, before he went back to work with the hermetics.

"No see them as a gift, it will give me a reason to buy more which will delight the lady who make them."
Crexia said with a smile.
"I get them at a little shop in Rio who specialize in ritual candles."

Your Cabal leader was not hard to find.

Colin arched an eyebrow, "If you lend someone five dollars, do you expect to get the exact same bill back, or do you simply assume they'll bring back the same amount of cash in whatever bills and coins are convenient at the time?"

"Well if I lend someone sugar I do nto expect them to return with a cup of sugar for me but I more expect that if I end up needing a cup of milk or an egg one day they will give that to me in return if they have it."
Fran replied.

He nodded, "It's quite convenient, except for mobile coverage... If you see me pop up on your tracking all of a sudden, assume something's become a bit sticky. If you see Anna suddenly appear, it means she needs immediate evacuation."

"I can program that in as an authomatic action, hanging a program to teleport you or your kid out if they suddely appear on my tracking."
Chris offered.
"But yeah I am impressed man, cool rote."

"Never again." Serge said in his trademark reassuring voice.

Kira looked at you then she seamed to calm down a little bit and she nodded.
"O...ok good..."
She muttered though she still looked nervous.

Yeah well....Wallace Jace did most of this I assume. Though there are those with combat injuries here. It's not just one man. It's the Fallen who've hurt all these people." Serge said with a nod, trying to think of his next words carefully.

The prisoner nodded she looked rather sad and she looked at the wounded kinfolk.
"My faction is a brutal one."
She whispered.

"By giving me this information, you will be helping everyone who the Fallen have hurt now and will hurt in the future. Countless future victims will be spared of Wallace Jace's machinations." he began, knowing that what he was saying was risky given the girl's mental state. "Once again, this is your choice to make. I don't know your relationship with the leaders of the labyrinth. If you truly think you cannot do it than I understand. The Tradition's values freedom of choice and I value yours."

"I...do not know te leaders of the Labyrinth that well actually, the Nephandi do not much care about the apprentices of another, but I know many others in the Labyrinth and I know what the Traditions do to captured Fallen, what they would do to me if that...woman...did nto for some reason want to claim me as war spoils and make he her apprentice."
Kira muttered and she shivered again and she got a far away look in her eyes.
"I guess my only hope of survival is to cooperate though, becoming a Traditionalist but...I do not want to be the cause of someone being Gilgulled..."
She sigh and shook her head.
"Listen I can tell you about the Giledian but no one else. His name I am not sure you could pronounce but he use the name Livius Cold at times, just a name he have chosen for himsef I think. He is tall and thin, with really pale skin, it is the color of a slug's underside. His eyes are allmost all black, one arm is now a tentacle but the other is human. He was handosme one, with black hair, half his face is still handsome but the other part is deformed and mutated in horrible ways. When he opens his mouth to speak his spells you see unexistence in his mouth, he still have black hair though."
The prisoner explained.
"He usually wears long, black robes and he never go out among sleepers again, he sends Eric Dahl or his Chronomancer for that."

(OOC: Well the cat's mommy and daddy decided to adopt someone of a lesser species the rest of the city was not amused. Lolth though was amused she made her into spiders in the end. I mean it is not like a God is angry if someone who is not of her choicen species decide to wprship her.)

(OOC 2: Did Nicole ask Fran to enchant the ammo for her weapon?)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:53 pm

Anja wrote:"I...do not know te leaders of the Labyrinth that well actually, the Nephandi do not much care about the apprentices of another, but I know many others in the Labyrinth and I know what the Traditions do to captured Fallen, what they would do to me if that...woman...did nto for some reason want to claim me as war spoils and make he her apprentice."
Kira muttered and she shivered again and she got a far away look in her eyes.
"I guess my only hope of survival is to cooperate though, becoming a Traditionalist but...I do not want to be the cause of someone being Gilgulled..."
She sigh and shook her head.
"Listen I can tell you about the Giledian but no one else. His name I am not sure you could pronounce but he use the name Livius Cold at times, just a name he have chosen for himsef I think. He is tall and thin, with really pale skin, it is the color of a slug's underside. His eyes are allmost all black, one arm is now a tentacle but the other is human. He was handosme one, with black hair, half his face is still handsome but the other part is deformed and mutated in horrible ways. When he opens his mouth to speak his spells you see unexistence in his mouth, he still have black hair though."
The prisoner explained.
"He usually wears long, black robes and he never go out among sleepers again, he sends Eric Dahl or his Chronomancer for that."

"Cool name...." Serge said as he listened to Kira's vivid description of the man, slowly sketching him in his notebook. Skin with gross looking coloration, void black eyes. Half monster yet half normal. All draped in long black cultist robes.

The one part Serge struggled to depict was the 'unexistence' in his mouth. So he simply kept the man's mouth closed. When he was done he showed it to Kira, "How's this?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:33 pm

[villa 1.45]

Crexia nodded, she just waited for the younger Hermetic's questions about Mars before she headed over to the other Hermetics to discuss their upcoming ritual.

"I'll be back shortly, perhaps after the mental ward the sheild of Mars can be worked next, that would seem fitting."

"No see them as a gift, it will give me a reason to buy more which will delight the lady who make them."
Crexia said with a smile.
"I get them at a little shop in Rio who specialize in ritual candles."

"Thank you; I will put them to good use."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:22 pm

"Cool name...." Serge said as he listened to Kira's vivid description of the man, slowly sketching him in his notebook. Skin with gross looking coloration, void black eyes. Half monster yet half normal. All draped in long black cultist robes.

The one part Serge struggled to depict was the 'unexistence' in his mouth. So he simply kept the man's mouth closed. When he was done he showed it to Kira, "How's this?"

"Yeah...that is pretty close."
Kira said as she studied the drawing.
"His nose is a litttle thinner and he is even mroe skinny."
The girl corrected.
"Otherwise it is pretty close to the Lord of the Labyrinth."

[villa 1.45]

"I'll be back shortly, perhaps after the mental ward the sheild of Mars can be worked next, that would seem fitting."

"Yes it would be fitting Sodalis."
Crexia agreed with a nod.
"I will speak with you later then young man."

"Thank you; I will put them to good use."
"Good, I am sure you will Sodlais."
The lich said with a nod before she headed of to attend to her own spellwork.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:05 pm

[Villa, 1.45]
Anja wrote:"I can program that in as an authomatic action, hanging a program to teleport you or your kid out if they suddely appear on my tracking."
Chris offered.
"But yeah I am impressed man, cool rote."
Colin smiled, "If you like, I could go through it with you later - my methods are sufficiently mathematical so as to make the translation to more technological Paradigms quite smooth. Though... it might be best if you don't automatically pull me out if I become visible. I might have to drop the Scrambler to confront the specters down there, and it would be impractical if I in particular were to simply disappear from the scene then."

S7trif3 wrote:He seemed confused over Nicole's confusion, and while he tried to keep half an ear on their discussion he didn't have time to engage unless he thought he had to. There was too much else to do and he needed to keep focus, brought right to his attention when Colin looked at him questioningly and it took him a moment to remember what he'd meant to ask him about. " You were making a call regarding some intel? I was wondering if you knew anything about what we might expect at the gate. to prepare for...though I'm working on setting up some basics."
He shook his head, "I asked Mr. Yager, on Lady Crexia's suggestion, to ask Kira about the Labyrinth's leadership, for descriptions and possibly sketches thereof. He'll send what he gets to Ms. Bouchard. The other potential call is... not going to work well with my Scrambler up, and it is a bit of a legal grey area. As for what we might expect at the gate... well, your Pater displayed the maps Anna will draw on the wall, so you know about as much as I do in that regard."
He pointed to the maps, "If we're lucky, they'll still be unaware we've seized control of the Labyrinth's real-world containment, and we'll catch them by surprise on the initial entry... They've got that bloody Chronomancer, though, and if he's looked ahead at tonight's events..."
He looked to Gabby, "Well, he just might be too terrified to be coherent in his warnings, really..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:42 am

[Villa, 1.45]

Colin smiled, "If you like, I could go through it with you later - my methods are sufficiently mathematical so as to make the translation to more technological Paradigms quite smooth.

"I would like that Mr Wainwright if we can agree on the price of instruction."
Chris replied with a nod.

Though... it might be best if you don't automatically pull me out if I become visible. I might have to drop the Scrambler to confront the specters down there, and it would be impractical if I in particular were to simply disappear from the scene then."

"Very well then, what about your daugther should I pull her automatically if she show up on my screen? And I should contact you then if your scrambler should be dropped to see if you need help?"
The Virtual Adept asked.

He looked to Gabby, "Well, he just might be too terrified to be coherent in his warnings, really..."

Gabby noticed the Orphan looking at her and she purred happily looking rather smug where she sat on the sofa.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:00 pm

[villa 1.45]

He shook his head, "I asked Mr. Yager, on Lady Crexia's suggestion, to ask Kira about the Labyrinth's leadership, for descriptions and possibly sketches thereof. He'll send what he gets to Ms. Bouchard. The other potential call is... not going to work well with my Scrambler up, and it is a bit of a legal grey area. As for what we might expect at the gate... well, your Pater displayed the maps Anna will draw on the wall, so you know about as much as I do in that regard."
He pointed to the maps, "If we're lucky, they'll still be unaware we've seized control of the Labyrinth's real-world containment, and we'll catch them by surprise on the initial entry... They've got that bloody Chronomancer, though, and if he's looked ahead at tonight's events..."

He winced a bit. "Ah, I see well. Perhaps that is for the best for now. But I do hope you're right..." He frowned a bit. "Well, then forgive me for bothering you, I will continue attending to defenses. Be careful and if you can't be that be clever."

He left them and went to find a quieter spot to attend to his dedication, so he would be ready when Crexia and the others had finished their work.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:47 pm

[Villa 1 45]

You got your dedication done. You saw Crexia and several of the other Hermetics went to the second floor to do their ritual work up in one if the bedrooms. After a while as Crexia was still doing ritual work upstairs Antonio came over to Adley and waited for the Flambeau to finish his dedication before he spoke.
"Excuse me Sodalis I have finished creating the spiritual protections you asked for."
He said and he handed a folded up paper to Adley.
"This should do I think."

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 31  Next