Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcoming Morrigan, Leaving the Labyrinth and Well Earned Rest IC Thread 53

5 posters

Page 16 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 30  Next

Go down

Welcoming Morrigan, Leaving the Labyrinth and Well Earned Rest IC Thread 53 - Page 16 Empty Re: Welcoming Morrigan, Leaving the Labyrinth and Well Earned Rest IC Thread 53

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun May 23, 2021 8:30 pm

[Chief's Office, 6.00]

Anja's Post:

'Well, I'll ask around. More wondering if Westchapel might have some chemical strengtheners...'

Anja's Post:

'Panels made from woodchip and glue. We used a load last month in the remodeling, was asking Fran if she remembers if we have any left or used it all. We might need to board up a window or two at the hospital...'

Anja's Post:

'If we run into resistance, it'll make it more important securing the place...'

[Well, it's got to the stage where Colin's gonna need to actually define what time it is...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Welcoming Morrigan, Leaving the Labyrinth and Well Earned Rest IC Thread 53 - Page 16 Empty Re: Welcoming Morrigan, Leaving the Labyrinth and Well Earned Rest IC Thread 53

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 23, 2021 8:59 pm

[Chief's Office, 6.00]

Well, I'll ask around. More wondering if Westchapel might have some chemical strengtheners...'

"That I do not know but you can ask Dr Von Hess as well he might have something the man is a chemist after all."
Helena replied.
"Ars Herbam might be able to strengthen the wood as well though I worry that magickally messing with the wood might lessen it's effectiveness against the Massassa, though it is worth a shot."

'Panels made from woodchip and glue. We used a load last month in the remodeling, was asking Fran if she remembers if we have any left or used it all. We might need to board up a window or two at the hospital...'

"I think we might have some down in the hobby room in the basement, I could check if you want."
Fran replied. The Hermetic just nodded.
"I see."
She commented.

'If we run into resistance, it'll make it more important securing the place...'

"I doubt you will run into trouble Miss Bouchard but always assume that there is a chance it could happen, and if it should happen you call for back up and stay safe."
The ice maga ordered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon May 24, 2021 2:48 am

[Steelhaven, 6.15]

Nicole wrote:'Don't think so, but they do get pissy when dinner turns out to be a metal porcupine, like.' the woman replied, watching to see how how Morrigan reacted to that comment. 'That reminds...' turning to look to Serge. 'Did we let that other vampire go?'

"Depends on which ones you mean. Shawn and Mr. Ameli are still here. The vampire we kidnapped we released a long time ago. If there's any other vampires here then I don't know about them." Serge said, realizing how strange it was for so many vampires to simply come and go within a mage chantry.

Nicole wrote:A short silence before the Etherite replied. 'More due to their incompetence than our skill.' looking at Morrigan curiously, as though trying to see within to divine their skills. 'Though we did generally keep possession, which helped.'

"Hey, taking advantage of incompetence is an important skill. As well as looting corpses. Time honored multiplayer video game skills." Serge mused.

Nicole wrote:A slight look of surprise and confusion on hearing this, turning to look at Serge for clarification.

"Morrigan was invited here by Deaconess O'Connor. I figured it was because of her connection with Faeries. Though it's the first I'm hearing about her specifically being invited to solve Fae problems myself." Serge said with a shrug.

Nicole wrote:'Famous last words, that, along with ones like "oh how dangerous can it be?".' the large woman quipped.

"Hey! That's a famous Cult of Ecstasy saying right there. And we got a good 70% survival right after saying it." Serge replied humorously.

[Serge's Apartment Early Sunday]

Colin wrote:He sighed, "Get some sleep, son. Your help might be needed for the next strike, and we can't have you running on fumes from the start. Besides, the Chief wouldn't go for a sleep-deprived chaperone. I'll look around to see who else is awake... if you're still up, I'm going to hazard Morrigan hasn't had much sleep, either. Hum..."

"Fine fine. I'll get to it. Just got a lot on my mind man." Serge said in an exasperated tone. "You know, Nicole mentioned that I might be going on a mission as well. But haven't heard anything official about that yet."

He paused for a bit to think before saying, "No sure what Morrigan's doing. It's Sunday though so Rosa probably doesn't have Uni. You can ask her."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon May 24, 2021 4:12 am

[Chief's Office, 6.00]

Anja's Post:

'Well, why does it have to be wood? Why not a metal stake?'

Anja's Post:

'Eh, don't worry about it - gotta go down there anyway. Is that where we dumped the recovered gear too?'

Anja's Post:

Nicole nodded to this, though considering this a clearly obvious comment.

[Steelhaven, 6.15]

Serge's Post:

'Just that I need the crate again.'

Serge's Post:

'Yes, but you like can't rely on your enemy to continue making mistakes.'

Serge's Post:

'Um... okay.' clearly a little confused by this.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon May 24, 2021 6:31 am

[Chief's Office, 6.00]

'Well, why does it have to be wood? Why not a metal stake?'

"I do not know Miss Bouchard, I do know that metal will not have the same effect, it is not enough to just pierce a vampire's heart, but any amount of wood you get into it will paralyze them. My best explanation is because they are magic, a longer explanation might be that since the Consensus have accepted that it have to be wood, it have to be wood like some sort of echoes perhaps. I mean some of us start developing the quirks or weaknesses of magic users in folklore and even in fiction, it could be the same thing."
Helena replied.

Eh, don't worry about it - gotta go down there anyway. Is that where we dumped the recovered gear too?'

"The items that was brought back to Steelhaven is in storage in the basement."
The Hermetic said.
"What we did not bring is still at the hospital yes."

Nicole nodded to this, though considering this a clearly obvious comment.

"Very well then ladies I believe we all have tasks that need doing."
Helena said and Fran nodded she bowed then she left the office waiting for Nicole to join her.
"I will check on what weapons we have then."
The Euthanathos said.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon May 24, 2021 11:47 am

[Infirmary]
Anja wrote:Richard nodded and he sigh.
"The Nephandi have left us allow of clean up to do but yes we have to find out what the situation at Riverside is, as the situation is at the moment I am almost glad my sister refuse to go back there."
The Akashic whispered with a frown.
"But yes my Mentor was manipulated into betraying my magickal sister's trust, the damage will take time to heal, damned Nephandi!"
Colin smiled wryly, "While I am biased, as your sister is going to be a very good influence on Anna, I must agree on her staying here for the time being. But having the situation over there sorted out and the bridge between Dr. Wong and Yu Die rebuilt will be good..."

Anja wrote:"Perhaps Mr Ameli have something on him that indicate where he lives so you can find his bird?"
Anna asked.
"Hopefully though he is now awake and is able to care for his pet...he had a raven you said dad?"
The girl asked looking up at you.
He nodded, "He likely has a keychain or something of the sort... but frankly, either way I have to go to the villa to get to him, so I might as well use the personal connection from him to the raven to reach it. And he would not be awake now, it's in the middle of the day."

((OOC: Good point, Nic. I think around noon seems like a reasonable time.))

[Serge's Apartment Early Sunday, noonish]
Jeremy wrote:"Fine fine. I'll get to it. Just got a lot on my mind man." Serge said in an exasperated tone. "You know, Nicole mentioned that I might be going on a mission as well. But haven't heard anything official about that yet."

He paused for a bit to think before saying, "No sure what Morrigan's doing. It's Sunday though so Rosa probably doesn't have Uni. You can ask her."
He nodded, "Well, if you don't get some sleep first, you're a liability... your particular knack for illusions and mental impulses could come in handy in dealing with sleeper guests at the night club; diminish the risk of collateral casualties. And most certainly to help calm Lilliandra's victims, the ones still alive..."
He pondered, "Rosa might be willing, but she's perhaps a little too untrained to keep track of Kira. I'll do my rounds and see who's awake and willing."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon May 24, 2021 2:06 pm

[Infirmary]

Colin smiled wryly, "While I am biased, as your sister is going to be a very good influence on Anna, I must agree on her staying here for the time being. But having the situation over there sorted out and the bridge between Dr. Wong and Yu Die rebuilt will be good..."

Richard nodded at that.
"I am sure Yu Die will be welcome here at Steelhaven for as long as need be and Anna is good for her as well I have to admit, but I hope my Mentor will be able to sort things out with my sister and that we can get the rot at Riverside taken care of."

He nodded, "He likely has a keychain or something of the sort... but frankly, either way I have to go to the villa to get to him, so I might as well use the personal connection from him to the raven to reach it. And he would not be awake now, it's in the middle of the day."

"Yeah using the man himself as an arcane connection to his pet raven is a good idea."
Anna said then she grinned.
"Ah yes, off course Mr Amelie would be sleeping, do that mean Shawn is sleeping now as well?"
She asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon May 24, 2021 8:55 pm

[Chief's Office, 6.00]

Anja's Post:

While Nicole was silent, there was a wrinkle of her nose which made it clear the Etherite didn't accept "they're magic" as an acceptable answer. 'Well, perhaps other items can incapacitate; it's not like we get many chances to test this, is it?'

Anja's Post:

'I can check them too while getting the particleboard and finding the vampire-box.' the Etherite replied, giving a little shrug and turning to Fran. 'You can knock off for a few hours...'

[It might be an idea to retcon the Chief telling Colin that Helena/Nick/Fran have come up with a provisional plan for Seattle earlier in the morning. Would seem a little odd that he didn't mention it otherwise.]

[Am waiting for Morrigan's reply for 6.15]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon May 24, 2021 9:34 pm

[Chief's Office, 6.00]

While Nicole was silent, there was a wrinkle of her nose which made it clear the Etherite didn't accept "they're magic" as an acceptable answer. 'Well, perhaps other items can incapacitate; it's not like we get many chances to test this, is it?'

"It is possible Miss Bouchard that other materials will have the same effect on vampires as wood, but we know metal is not one of them, that have been tried, and we do know wood work and I am not going to authorize torture of a Massassa to find out if other materials might have the same effect, they are corrupted but they are thinking beings, people, they should not be experimented upon."
Helena replied firmly.

'I can check them too while getting the particleboard and finding the vampire-box.' the Etherite replied, giving a little shrug and turning to Fran. 'You can knock off for a few hours...'

Fran nodded.
"As you will Nick, I will be in my room then you know where to find me if you need me."
The Euthanathos said and she headed for the stairs.
"Let me know if you need any help otherwise I will get a a bit more rest just in case it end up being some time before we can rest again."

(OOC: During the meeting with Morgan the mission to Seattle was not really discussed other than the bit about the bomb, why would he declare some details about a plan worked out earlier when such things are better discussed as a joined meeting later?)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Morrigan Tue May 25, 2021 3:08 pm

[Steelhaven, 6.15]
Nicole Bouchard wrote:[Chief's Office, 6.00]
'Don't think so, but they do get pissy when dinner turns out to be a metal porcupine, like.' the woman replied, watching to see how how Morrigan reacted to that comment. 'That reminds...' turning to look to Serge. 'Did we let that other vampire go?'
Morrigan shook her head. "I've clearly been doing this whole Mage thing on the wrong side of the ocean. Metal porcupine? Other vampire? Jebus. I need an info dump. You guys got a wiki or something where a girl can get caught up?"

A short silence before the Etherite replied. 'More due to their incompetence than our skill.' looking at Morrigan curiously, as though trying to see within to divine their skills. 'Though we did generally keep possession, which helped.'
Morrigan shrugged, "When it comes to fighting, I always figure it doesn't much matter why you get to walk away, so long as you do. And as long as you think you're ready for the rematch."

Nicole wrote:'It's the official name, like.' making a gesture that clearly showed while she didn't like it, didn't think it an important issue. 'This is the Traditions after all.' a slight mocking edge on the woman's tone now.
Morrigan snorted. "Yeah," air quotes, "Tradition." Pause. "And that's fine for the Hermetics and even the Choristers, but your people are supposed to be all innovation! Change! New paradigms of thought washing away the old! And my people basically have transcendence over dogmatic lines of thought embroidered in their pillows. And yet we're the only ones with the bullshit gendered names, AND somehow we have enough old white dudes frowning as a committee at the very idea of updating the fucking mailing address? Ugh. Nothing pisses me off more than hypocrisy. Of all things, of all people, hypocrisy should be a banning offense for Mages."

Nicole wrote:'Famous last words, that, along with ones like "oh how dangerous can it be?".' the large woman quipped.
Morrigan shrugged. "I'm not one for lecturing. But I'm always up for training. So, any time you ever want to throw around the heavy bag or work on forms or whatever, I'm down."

[I can't remember, but didn't Morrigan lose most her Southie accent?]
[I think so. I'm not going to try to replicate either a Southie accent or an Irish one in text, so assume she sounds mostly Irish at the moemnt, but will probably slide back into Southie over time.][/quote]
Morrigan
Morrigan

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue May 25, 2021 3:20 pm

[Infirmary, noonish Sunday]
Anja wrote:Richard nodded at that.
"I am sure Yu Die will be welcome here at Steelhaven for as long as need be and Anna is good for her as well I have to admit, but I hope my Mentor will be able to sort things out with my sister and that we can get the rot at Riverside taken care of."
Colin nodded, "Some times, you just have to start treating the symptoms before you can get to the underlying affliction..."

Anja wrote:"Yeah using the man himself as an arcane connection to his pet raven is a good idea."
Anna said then she grinned.
"Ah yes, off course Mr Amelie would be sleeping, do that mean Shawn is sleeping now as well?"
She asked.
He nodded, "Almost certainly... Shawn was exhausted already when we found him from mistreatment, and even if he has 'thin' blood, he's still subject to the same, hm, I'm not sure if 'biological' is the right word for the restrictions he's under in that regard."

((OOC: Don't see why Morgan would deem it necessary to brief Colin on the rough plan of Helena and Nicole, unless there's something urgent Colin needs to do prep-wise right this very moment... More efficient to brief Colin with the others, to save on repetition. Also, it's not certain Morgan's had the time to go over the rough plan in its entirety yet; still putting on the coffee, after all. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue May 25, 2021 3:56 pm

Colin nodded, "Some times, you just have to start treating the symptoms before you can get to the underlying affliction..."

"Yes that is often the truth of it."
Richard said with a concerned look in his eyes.
"We just have to hope things work themselves out."

He nodded, "Almost certainly... Shawn was exhausted already when we found him from mistreatment, and even if he has 'thin' blood, he's still subject to the same, hm, I'm not sure if 'biological' is the right word for the restrictions he's under in that regard."

"Do you think Shawn is going to recover dad?"
Anna asked.
"Now that he is here and is safe I mean...perhaps someone should check on him even if he is sleeping. And I think magical nature is a better term than biological when it comes to vampires."

(OOC: Exactly.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue May 25, 2021 7:35 pm

[Steelhaven, 6.15]

Morrigan wrote:Morrigan shook her head. "I've clearly been doing this whole Mage thing on the wrong side of the ocean. Metal porcupine? Other vampire? Jebus. I need an info dump. You guys got a wiki or something where a girl can get caught up?"

"No but we do have an online forum where we write about our adventures in organized numbered threads." Serge said chuckling to himself, "Nah, your gonna have to get your information like the rest of us. By asking questions and getting long-winded answers that you only half pay attention to and then forget almost immediately."

Nicole wrote:'Just that I need the crate again.'

"Well it's probably free. Why do you need a crate though?" Serge said now looking curious.

Nicole wrote:'Yes, but you like can't rely on your enemy to continue making mistakes.'

"Never said that we did. We've got plenty of skills of our own. Knowing how to take advantage of the enemies mistake is just gravy on top of that."

Nicole wrote:'Um... okay.' clearly a little confused by this.

"Remember Nicole. It's alright to ask questions." Serge said half-sarcastically.

Colin wrote:He nodded, "Well, if you don't get some sleep first, you're a liability... your particular knack for illusions and mental impulses could come in handy in dealing with sleeper guests at the night club; diminish the risk of collateral casualties. And most certainly to help calm Lilliandra's victims, the ones still alive..."
He pondered, "Rosa might be willing, but she's perhaps a little too untrained to keep track of Kira. I'll do my rounds and see who's awake and willing."

"Actually an Ecstatic best work usually comes when their sleep deprive. But yeah not gonna be much help if I end up if I pass out afterwards." Serge admitted.

"Good luck on your search. Kira's probably sick of seeing my face anyways. If you can't find anyone just come back here again. I doubt I'm high on the priority list for the vampire mission." he added with a light-hearted chuckle.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue May 25, 2021 8:59 pm

[Chief's Office, 6.00]

Anja's Post:

Raised eyebrows at this; making it obvious the Etherite hadn't been thinking of vampire experimentation.

Anja's Post:

Nicole nodded to this, starting to head towards the stairs...

[Steelhaven, 6.15]

Morrigan's Post:

'We kidnapped one yesterday, on the heels of the Union trying similar.' Nicole replied, giving a vaguely curious look. 'Ocean?'

Serge's Post:

'Doing a repeat of yesterday.'

Morrigan's Post:

'When I walk away, it's normally 'cos they are incapable of trying a rematch. Period.'

Morrigan's Post:

A short silence to this before the large woman replied. 'Then everyone would be banned. And I don't really care much 'bout that kind of social justice, like.' a slight level of derision creeping in here.

Morrigan's Post:

Another short silence. 'Serge shown you our workout rooms yet?'

Serge's Post:

A sour look at this.

[Well, I'm not trying a RI 'eye accent' either, save a few localisms.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed May 26, 2021 7:07 am

[Chief's Office, 6.00]

Raised eyebrows at this; making it obvious the Etherite hadn't been thinking of vampire experimentation.

Helena just looked at Nicole and she did not comment further.

Nicole nodded to this, starting to head towards the stairs...

Fran gave you a wave of her hand then she headed for her room to get some rest.

(OOC: Is it the basement stairs Nicole is heading for so she meet up with Morrigan and Serge?)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed May 26, 2021 1:13 pm

Anja wrote:"Do you think Shawn is going to recover dad?"
Anna asked.
"Now that he is here and is safe I mean...perhaps someone should check on him even if he is sleeping. And I think magical nature is a better term than biological when it comes to vampires."
Colin smiled sadly, "In time, Shawn will heal... might even regain his humanity completely. And unless he has locked his door, I will check in on him. Well... I'll probably look through the door even if it is locked, just to make sure, but i won't disturb him."

Jeremy wrote:"Actually an Ecstatic best work usually comes when their sleep deprive. But yeah not gonna be much help if I end up if I pass out afterwards." Serge admitted.

"Good luck on your search. Kira's probably sick of seeing my face anyways. If you can't find anyone just come back here again. I doubt I'm high on the priority list for the vampire mission." he added with a light-hearted chuckle.
He nodded, "The Chief would most certainly not approve of a guardian liable to pass out from exhaustion. And don't be too sure - you might be essentially worthless in outright combat, but if you can prevent a large number of innocents from getting pulled into the fight, that's often more valuable than mere firepower. Well... we'll see; now go take a nap, at least. Someone's bound to come knocking soon enough."
He gave Serge a light pat on the shoulder, then headed downwards, casually checking the common areas to see if anyone was awake before strolling down to the basement.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed May 26, 2021 1:53 pm

Colin smiled sadly, "In time, Shawn will heal... might even regain his humanity completely. And unless he has locked his door, I will check in on him. Well... I'll probably look through the door even if it is locked, just to make sure, but i won't disturb him."

"Ok dad I will leave checking on Shawn to you then...hum regain his humanity, do you think that is possible?"
The girl asked then she smiled.
"Well I guess everything is possible, I hope he will recover and get to trust that no one is going to hurt him here."
She said then she glanced up at Colin.
"By that way what about that vampire who is here in protective custody, Karl, was he left alone down in the basement all of yesterday? That can not have been easy on him."
The apprentice said with compassion in her eyes.

then headed downwards, casually checking the common areas to see if anyone was awake before strolling down to the basement.

You found Rosa washing the floor down in the lobby, the apprentice gave you a polite bow. Strawberry was on a table in the common room eating a pear in her rat shape and Nico was having their morning coffee at one of the other tables using a spook to scratch at the scars on their back, which was itching but which Richard had told them should not be scratched so they did so when they thought no one was looking.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed May 26, 2021 2:29 pm

Anja wrote:"Ok dad I will leave checking on Shawn to you then...hum regain his humanity, do you think that is possible?"
The girl asked then she smiled.
"Well I guess everything is possible, I hope he will recover and get to trust that no one is going to hurt him here."
She said then she glanced up at Colin.
"By that way what about that vampire who is here in protective custody, Karl, was he left alone down in the basement all of yesterday? That can not have been easy on him."
The apprentice said with compassion in her eyes.
Colin nodded, "Oh, I know it is possible... perhaps less difficult for him, as the curse has little hold on him in the first place, but nevertheless a very difficult path."
He frowned, "Hum, I'd best check in on Karl, too; though he's less liable to be able to respond to anything during daylight hours anyway."

Anja wrote:You found Rosa washing the floor down in the lobby, the apprentice gave you a polite bow. Strawberry was on a table in the common room eating a pear in her rat shape and Nico was having their morning coffee at one of the other tables using a spook to scratch at the scars on their back, which was itching but which Richard had told them should not be scratched so they did so when they thought no one was looking.
He smiled wryly as he stepped into the common room, voice a gently scolding tone, "I thought Dr. Lee had given explicit orders not to scratch those, Adept Markov? And good morning, Strawberry, just visiting today?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed May 26, 2021 2:42 pm

Colin nodded, "Oh, I know it is possible... perhaps less difficult for him, as the curse has little hold on him in the first place, but nevertheless a very difficult path."
He frowned, "Hum, I'd best check in on Karl, too; though he's less liable to be able to respond to anything during daylight hours anyway."

"Yeah it might be easier for Shawn since he is ehm...less cursed I guess. It have to be up to him though if he want to be humans I mean he might not want to."
Anna said then she nodded.
"Yeah Karl is probably sleeping deeply but he might appreciate someone looking in on him anyway."

[Common Room Early Sunday, noonish]

He smiled wryly as he stepped into the common room, voice a gently scolding tone, "I thought Dr. Lee had given explicit orders not to scratch those, Adept Markov?

Nico looked slightly guilty and put the spoon down on the table with a sigh.
"He did but they itch okey, they really itch."
The rebis said then they smiled.
"And good morning Mr Wainwright.

And good morning, Strawberry, just visiting today?"

Strawberry stopped eating and took her human form, that of a small albino woman with long curly hair and pink eyes weaking a long, white dress.
"Yeah...I am eating your fruit."
She declared happily.
"I came with Alessa, she have been asked to see what patterns she can find surrounding some bad person in Seattle or something, she is up at Master Sharaya's room doing her thing."
The werrat informed you.
"So I am eating while waiting for her to be ready to head home."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed May 26, 2021 6:21 pm

[Steelhaven, 6.15]

Nicole wrote:'Doing a repeat of yesterday.'

"Wha-? Like, your gonna go off to kidnap another vampire?" Serge said looking a little surprised. "You just came back from decimating a Labyrinth. Wait hold on, which vampire? Is it the Giovanni's?"

Nicole wrote:Another short silence. 'Serge shown you our workout rooms yet?'

"We have workout rooms?" Serge said likely answering the Etherite's question. After a bit of thought, Serge seemingly remembered something and glanced at Morrigan. "Oh yeah! We do. Those're also in the upper floors so we'll head there after messing around in the ritual rooms."

Colin wrote:He nodded, "The Chief would most certainly not approve of a guardian liable to pass out from exhaustion. And don't be too sure - you might be essentially worthless in outright combat, but if you can prevent a large number of innocents from getting pulled into the fight, that's often more valuable than mere firepower. Well... we'll see; now go take a nap, at least. Someone's bound to come knocking soon enough."
He gave Serge a light pat on the shoulder, then headed downwards, casually checking the common areas to see if anyone was awake before strolling down to the basement.

"Y-yeah..." Serge said shakily as he waved his cabalmate goodbye. As he watched his cabal leader leave, the Ecstatic couldn't help but hear Colin's words echoing around in his head.

Once his cabalmate was out of sight and earshot, Serge talked to himself for a bit. "Man. I know I'm worthless. But hearing it said out loud just feels....different." he said with a sigh as he walked back into his room.

He walked to his bedroom and laid down on his bed. Not particularly taking any greater efforts to fall asleep nor talking any efforts to prevent it.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed May 26, 2021 6:44 pm

Anja wrote:"Yeah it might be easier for Shawn since he is ehm...less cursed I guess. It have to be up to him though if he want to be humans I mean he might not want to."
Anna said then she nodded.
"Yeah Karl is probably sleeping deeply but he might appreciate someone looking in on him anyway."
Colin nodded, "I will. Least I could do."

Jeremy wrote:"Y-yeah..." Serge said shakily as he waved his cabalmate goodbye. As he watched his cabal leader leave, the Ecstatic couldn't help but hear Colin's words echoing around in his head.
He smiled wryly, "Don't fret too much; you can pick up combat skills quickly, even if it's no substitute for regular exercise... but you've got the knacks to avoid combat entirely, and that's usually far more useful."

Anja wrote:Nico looked slightly guilty and put the spoon down on the table with a sigh.
"He did but they itch okey, they really itch."
The rebis said then they smiled.
"And good morning Mr Wainwright.
Colin sighed, "Good morning. I'm sure he could get you a soothing salve for it instead. Hum, if you're not too busy for the next few hours, might I ask you for a small favour?"

Anja wrote:Strawberry stopped eating and took her human form, that of a small albino woman with long curly hair and pink eyes weaking a long, white dress.
"Yeah...I am eating your fruit."
She declared happily.
"I came with Alessa, she have been asked to see what patterns she can find surrounding some bad person in Seattle or something, she is up at Master Sharaya's room doing her thing."
The werrat informed you.
"So I am eating while waiting for her to be ready to head home."
He grinned, "Well, we have plenty of fruit. You're welcome to a bellyful. Just try to avoid napping in the bowl again. Not everyone is quite so attentive when they pick up a fruit before coffee. Hm, would you mind letting Alessa know I should like a word before she leaves? No need to interrupt her before she comes down."

((OOC: Heh, Serge got the wrong message from Colin there, perhaps... Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Morrigan Wed May 26, 2021 9:56 pm

[Steelhaven, 6.15]

Nicole wrote:'We kidnapped one yesterday, on the heels of the Union trying similar.' Nicole replied, giving a vaguely curious look. 'Ocean?'
Morrigan did a double take. "You KIDNAPPED one? Yesterday? Holy shit. I guess we can add terrible timing to my list of faults. Holy crispy crap." Pause. "Ocean, yeah. The Atlantic one. Or, the Pond, as we call it across the Pond. I been all over the last few years, but mostly Ireland. Which is where I came over from"

Nicole wrote:'When I walk away, it's normally 'cos they are incapable of trying a rematch. Period.'
Morrigan's eyes widened a bit in surprise. "Oh yeah? I hadn't pegged you for that type. Are you, like, more or a bare-knuckle brawler type? Or do you have some martial arts training? More of the beat-stick variety?"

Nicole wrote:A short silence to this before the large woman replied. 'Then everyone would be banned. And I don't really care much 'bout that kind of social justice, like.' a slight level of derision creeping in here.
Morrigan frowned. "Yeah? Sometimes I think it's the only kind worth chasing. Action and impact is fine for the normies, but more than anyone else in the whole world maybe, it doesn't just matter what we do, it matters why we do it and how we feel about doing it. Axiom sets, yeah? If this, then that. I try not to judge anyone for their axiom sets, but it's hard not to judge someone who If's a thing but can't Then it."

Nicole wrote:Another short silence. 'Serge shown you our workout rooms yet?'
She shook her head. "Not yet. I didn't want to be all overeager, and then we got distracted by Ninja Tricks of Varying Quality. And then we headed this way. And after that, you were here." Bright smile.

[Well, I'm not trying a RI 'eye accent' either, save a few localisms.][/quote]
[I hear that. I might try to mimic the Irish a little. But my real-world data on that score is pretty low.]
Morrigan
Morrigan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed May 26, 2021 10:43 pm

[Steelhaven, 6.15]

Serge's Post:

'Don't know; could be. Only know it's important enough for a team to be sent to Seattle to do it.'

Morrigan's Post:

'It's like, harder said than done. Most vampires are too up their own dusty asses to even consider us to be a threat.' giving a little shrug. 'To them, we're just more Happy Meals on legs.'

Morrigan's Post:

'Ah...' clearly a little surprised.

Morrigan's Post:

'And what type would that be?'

Morrigan's Post:

This answer seemed to stump the large woman for a moment. 'Erm... well that's your call.'

[Though would that be mimicking the Irish or the Oirish? *smirks* It's also quite possible that in her travels it's ended up rather accentless. Though she may have picked up a couple of Irishisms; I suggest watching Father Ted. Though to be honest, I'd suggest watching it anyway.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed May 26, 2021 11:11 pm

[Steelhaven, 6.15]

Nicole wrote:'Don't know; could be. Only know it's important enough for a team to be sent to Seattle to do it.'

"What? Seattle? And a team? Of who? Nearly every single combat capable mage we have just came back from what is essentially the final boss battle. Who's healthy enough to go on another mission?" Serge said, now looking more confused than ever.

Morrigan wrote:Morrigan did a double take. "You KIDNAPPED one? Yesterday? Holy shit. I guess we can add terrible timing to my list of faults. Holy crispy crap." Pause. "Ocean, yeah. The Atlantic one. Or, the Pond, as we call it across the Pond. I been all over the last few years, but mostly Ireland. Which is where I came over from"
Nicole wrote:'It's like, harder said than done. Most vampires are too up their own dusty asses to even consider us to be a threat.' giving a little shrug. 'To them, we're just more Happy Meals on legs.'

"Yeah it wasn't really that hard. Though to be fair. It was in the middle of the day. And we sent a team of, like, 5 mages to kidnap two people." Serge said with a shrug, frowning slightly as he remembered the two victims of their mission and the conversation he had with them.

Morrigan wrote:Morrigan's eyes widened a bit in surprise. "Oh yeah? I hadn't pegged you for that type. Are you, like, more or a bare-knuckle brawler type? Or do you have some martial arts training? More of the beat-stick variety?"
Nicole wrote:'And what type would that be?'

"She's clearly a bare-knuckle brawler. The hardened military soldier with a cold exterior but a heart of gold. With a bit of MacGyver mixed in of course." Serge said answering the Akashic's question.

Colin wrote:He smiled wryly, "Don't fret too much; you can pick up combat skills quickly, even if it's no substitute for regular exercise... but you've got the knacks to avoid combat entirely, and that's usually far more useful."

"Perhaps. Guess we'll see." Serge said with a shrug, not sure if how much he believed that statement.

(OOC: Yeah Serge doesn't really handle negative criticism very well Razz)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu May 27, 2021 7:58 am

He walked to his bedroom and laid down on his bed. Not particularly taking any greater efforts to fall asleep nor talking any efforts to prevent it.

Most likely you did fall asleep for a bit considering how long you had been up and all the running around you have done.

Colin nodded, "I will. Least I could do."

Anna nodded at that.

Colin sighed, "Good morning. I'm sure he could get you a soothing salve for it instead. Hum, if you're not too busy for the next few hours, might I ask you for a small favour?"

"Yeah I guess I have to ask Dr Lee for that for the scars itch!"
The rebis complained.
"Sure..I am not busy what do you need Mr Wainwright?"
They asked glancing over at the Orphan.

He grinned, "Well, we have plenty of fruit. You're welcome to a bellyful. Just try to avoid napping in the bowl again. Not everyone is quite so attentive when they pick up a fruit before coffee. Hm, would you mind letting Alessa know I should like a word before she leaves? No need to interrupt her before she comes down."

"I would be a pretty hairy apple."
Strawberry said with a grin.
"But got it...got it I will stay out of the fruit bowl."
She blatantly lied.
"I will let Alessa know you want to talk with her no problem Mr Wainwright."
The little werrat agreed.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 30  Next