Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcoming Morrigan, Leaving the Labyrinth and Well Earned Rest IC Thread 53

5 posters

Page 15 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 30  Next

Go down

Welcoming Morrigan, Leaving the Labyrinth and Well Earned Rest IC Thread 53 - Page 15 Empty Re: Welcoming Morrigan, Leaving the Labyrinth and Well Earned Rest IC Thread 53

Post by Morrigan Thu May 20, 2021 2:29 pm

[Steelhaven 5 30]
Jeremy Silverstein wrote:
"The pencil thing is just me being extra. Normally I just visualize where I want to go and go there. Distance doesn't really matter to me. That's actually an important part to learning how to teleport. Learning that things like distance and space are bullshit concepts that can be ignored." Serge said with a sheepish laughter, quite enjoying the girl's excitement. "And If you thought that was awesome wait until I show you some of the art mage tricks I've got."
"Yeah! I'm down any time. Even non-magic art is mysterious and amazing to me. So any time you're puttin' pen to paper, I'm all in."

"Hey don't diss slicing and dicing. That's a time honored Ninja technique. And they'll be plenty of opportunities to show off our more extreme magick skills." Serge said with a smile, hopping down from the table back onto the ground.

"Yeah we're suppose to be on tour aren't we. Guess we got carried away a bit. Let's see....we can head up to the attic to see the training room, chapels, and gardens. Or we can head down to the basement and I can show you all the weird stuff we have down there. Rituals rooms. Workshops. Hobby rooms. War Prisoners...." he mused as he lead Morrigan out of his room and into the hallway. "Got any preferences?"
Morrigan looked down the hall and then the other way.

"Let's hit whatever's closest and go from there. So.... ritual room?"

((OCC: agreed, any time Nic wants to hop in, we're nonspecifically on the move))
Morrigan
Morrigan

Back to top Go down

Welcoming Morrigan, Leaving the Labyrinth and Well Earned Rest IC Thread 53 - Page 15 Empty Re: Welcoming Morrigan, Leaving the Labyrinth and Well Earned Rest IC Thread 53

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu May 20, 2021 4:02 pm

[Infirmary]

Colin smiled wryly, "Well, true - though I do not know how much sharing a largely positive impression qualifies as 'gossip', as such. I certainly hope she'll like it here."

"I hope so as well it was Deaconess O'Connor who invited her here and Lady Mara always have a reason, also my Mentor met her at the airport, our new member I mean and he said he thought she seamed nice."
Richard said with a nod.

He smiled, "I think you will indeed. Hum... once you're a bit better, I'm going to have to work on some of my own counterwork with you - a specific method to reestablish Potential where a Qlippothic effect is in place. That's going to be interesting to develop further; Adley and I have had some success with testing the premise, in Chicago, to punch a hole in a very well-made air wall... we've not had much opportunity to delve deeper into it since, unfortunately; not the sort of thing that is normally easily studied outside of, hm, field testing."

"I heard about hat re establishing the potential that Qlipothic magick destroys, hum...well I could toss up some effects for you to work on my magick is still Qlipothic after all."
Anna said with a nod.
"A few simple effects would not be to hard and you can pick apart the ward on our bathroom if you want I am planning on putting up a better one so I no longer need that one."
She offered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri May 21, 2021 4:23 am

[Steelhaven 5 30]

Morrigan wrote:"Yeah! I'm down any time. Even non-magic art is mysterious and amazing to me. So any time you're puttin' pen to paper, I'm all in."

"I don't know about mysterious. A lot of drawings are pretty straightforward honestly." Serge said modestly, "But I'd be happy to draw you something. I'll take any excuse to draw. Got anything you want to see on paper?"

Morrigan wrote:Morrigan looked down the hall and then the other way.

"Let's hit whatever's closest and go from there. So.... ritual room?"

"Nice choice. We can do some more magick tricks there." Serge said with a nod beginning to lead Morrigan in that direction. "The basement is where we keep our node."  he explained as they walked, "That's why our ritual rooms are there. Having them close by helps people with there spell-casting."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 21, 2021 7:12 am

[Steelhaven 5 30]

"Nice choice. We can do some more magick tricks there." Serge said with a nod beginning to lead Morrigan in that direction. "The basement is where we keep our node." he explained as they walked, "That's why our ritual rooms are there. Having them close by helps people with there spell-casting."

You got down to the lobby outside the common room where a door led to the basement stairs. The stairs ended in a small square room with two doors which Serge know one leading to the magickal section of the basement with the ritual rooms, the Node and the labs and the other to the practical part that had the hobby room, washroom and storage rooms. The two of you met no people on your way down to the basement though you see Mundi out on his rounds.

Morrigan you see a huge, black rottweiler that walk down the hallway as you and Serge are walking through the Chantry, he looked at Morrigan with his big, black eyes and wagged his tail a few times in greeting before continuing down the hallway as if he was saying welcome.

(OOC: Perhaps if Nicole want to join in she will be on her way to the basement as well to check on the small weapons storage well really just a cabinet down in the magical section, both tass, talismans and mundane weapons are stored there.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri May 21, 2021 11:17 am

[Infirmary]
Anja wrote:"I hope so as well it was Deaconess O'Connor who invited her here and Lady Mara always have a reason, also my Mentor met her at the airport, our new member I mean and he said he thought she seamed nice."
Richard said with a nod.
Colin nodded, "Dr. Wong has good judgment. Well, mostly, at least..."

Anja wrote:"I heard about hat re establishing the potential that Qlipothic magick destroys, hum...well I could toss up some effects for you to work on my magick is still Qlipothic after all."
Anna said with a nod.
"A few simple effects would not be to hard and you can pick apart the ward on our bathroom if you want I am planning on putting up a better one so I no longer need that one."
She offered.
He nodded, then sighed softly, "Well, not today... and the ward on the bathroom is rather unnecessary to begin with. I'm all for keeping in practice, but dampening guests' powers just for daring to need to use the toilet is a bit much, you know..."
He grinned, "Granted, it's only polite to ask first, but it's surely a bit harsh a retort for not asking."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri May 21, 2021 7:26 pm

[Chief's Office, 6.00]

Anja's Post:

'What, 9-mil Para? Yeah, that ain't gonna stop much.' looking a little surprised. 'Thought you'd be packing a .45 at least.'

Anja's Post:

'What, a handgun? Yeah... though it's possible that the hospital salvage might have one. I remember a load of 'em and they'd not even finshed clearing the place...' looking to Fran for a moment.

[Steelhaven, 6.15]

Meeting finished, Nicole bid Fran farewell and headed down the stairs, in the quest to locate the vampire-carrying crate...

[Sorry, RL issues. Plus, no worries.]

[Meeting Serge and Morrigan good, but they'll need to get out of 5.30. Nick's already had hers. *smirks*]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 21, 2021 8:55 pm

[Chief's Office, 6.00]

What, 9-mil Para? Yeah, that ain't gonna stop much.' looking a little surprised. 'Thought you'd be packing a .45 at least.'

"I have have 45 but I have ammo for that, but perhaps we should get some more in case some of the others need any of that as well."
Helena said with a nod.

'What, a handgun? Yeah... though it's possible that the hospital salvage might have one. I remember a load of 'em and they'd not even finshed clearing the place...' looking to Fran for a moment.

"I can check what we got."
Fran said and Helena nodded.
"Very Well Miss Mandis if you can get a list of our weaponry so we can decide what we might need."
The nice maga said and Fran nodded again.
"Very well Miss Mar."

[Steelhaven, 6.15]

You see Serge leading a red haired woman down the stairs to the basement.

[Infirmary]

Colin nodded, "Dr. Wong has good judgment. Well, mostly, at least..."

"Everyone makes mistakes but yes generally my Mentor have good judgement and if he think this new member is good people then I believe him."
Richard said with a nod.

He nodded, then sighed softly, "Well, not today... and the ward on the bathroom is rather unnecessary to begin with. I'm all for keeping in practice, but dampening guests' powers just for daring to need to use the toilet is a bit much, you know..."

"The ward on the bathroom do not dampen powers but it will make someone who are not welcome feel a little a jolt and I will know if we have unwelcome guests in the loo."
Anna informed you with a grin clearly quite pleased with her ward.

He grinned, "Granted, it's only polite to ask first, but it's surely a bit harsh a retort for not asking."

"I ward everything dad."
Your apprentice said happily.
"Everything."

(OOC: We can join Nicole and Serge and Morrgian's time line and bring them to 6 15 I think.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri May 21, 2021 9:40 pm

[Chief's Office, 6.00]

Anja's Post:

'Remind me to talk to the Chief about that again.' Nicole replied, glancing to Fran for a moment. 'And if it's just an ammo run being done, we can send...' a creased brow for a moment. 'Oh, the ones who wants to, erm... Jon, that's it. Nobody will ask questions, 'cos they can't remember.'

Anja's Post:

'I thought we left the lab salvage there? No time or labour to shift. Hell, don't that mean all them guns and shit are simply there for kids to find and take?' sounding a little alarmed at this.

[No, Nick doesn't think Helena is a 'nice mage'. *smirks*]

[I'll let Serge break the ice on the 6.15 scene.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 21, 2021 10:04 pm

[Chief's Office, 6.00]

Remind me to talk to the Chief about that again.' Nicole replied, glancing to Fran for a moment. 'And if it's just an ammo run being done, we can send...' a creased brow for a moment. 'Oh, the ones who wants to, erm... Jon, that's it. Nobody will ask questions, 'cos they can't remember.'

Fran nodded at that.
"It is an ammo run but we also need something that will give a good bite like I said the vampire might be to durable to stake without punching a hole through her chest first, that happens at times with someone as old as this Massassa."
Helena replied.

'I thought we left the lab salvage there? No time or labour to shift. Hell, don't that mean all them guns and shit are simply there for kids to find and take?' sounding a little alarmed at this.

"We left what we could not bring long there, we brought along quite a few things though and we can always check back at the hospital if the Chief ok it, now with the Labyrinth gone Arcane Connections will be less of a issue."
Fran commented and Helena nodded.
"Perhaps but my weapons dealer contact might be closer than the hospital."

(OOC: Hehehe spell checker strikes again.)
(OOC 2: That works.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri May 21, 2021 11:07 pm

[Chief's Office, 6.00]

Anja's Post:

'And that's gonna be a problem, if a 12-gauge slug ain't gonna do it. Only things with a higher TKO would be an elephant gun, a 50-cal rifle or, perhaps an old 10-gauge. Plus, what if we go overkill and blast a hole right through them?' giving a frown. 'No... in this case, a very hard wood, very sharp and smacked in with a killer level of PSI.' those greyish eyes flicking to her gloved hand and arm for a moment, clearly considering the problem before continuing.

'I might be able to do that.'

Anja's Post:

'Whatever happens, it needs to be secured ASAP. You saw them houses build up all around the edge; you don't think the local kids don't know how to get in to the grounds? Plus, there might be stragglers who need... attention.'

Anja's Post:

'Hey, ain't saying not visit this person...' trying to sound nonchalant but failing.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri May 21, 2021 11:14 pm

[Steelhaven, 5 30]

Anja wrote:You got down to the lobby outside the common room where a door led to the basement stairs. The stairs ended in a small square room with two doors which Serge know one leading to the magickal section of the basement with the ritual rooms, the Node and the labs and the other to the practical part that had the hobby room, washroom and storage rooms. The two of you met no people on your way down to the basement though you see Mundi out on his rounds.

Morrigan you see a huge, black rottweiler that walk down the hallway as you and Serge are walking through the Chantry, he looked at Morrigan with his big, black eyes and wagged his tail a few times in greeting before continuing down the hallway as if he was saying welcome.

Serge waved at the big dog as he walked past them. "His names Mundi." Serge explained to Morrigan as he led her to their desired destination. "The Familiar of one of the Masters at the chantry. Guess he's patrolling the chantry. He's a very good boy in case you didn't notice."

[Steelhaven, 6.15]

Nicole wrote:Meeting finished, Nicole bid Fran farewell and headed down the stairs, in the quest to locate the vampire-carrying crate...
Anja wrote:You see Serge leading a red haired woman down the stairs to the basement.

Upon seeing his cabalamate, Serge beamed and waved at her. "Ayyyyyyy! Nicole! Haven't seen you in what seems like forever. Didn't see you at the sandwich gathering." he said as he walked up to her, his cheeriness seemingly undiminished despite all that had happened during the day. "Heard about how you guys aced the Labyrinth run. Nice job. Glad to see your not hurt."

He gestured over to the pretty red-haired girl beside him.  "Don't know if you heard but we got a new chantry member. Who decided to join right in the middle of multiple potentially world ending disasters. Kinda sounds familiar to when you and I joined right? Anyways allow me to introduce you guys." he said with a slight chuckle.

He then did an eccentric gesture towards Morrigan, as if introducing her at a celebrity gathering. "Nicole! May I introduce you too! Morrigan!!!"

Serge then moved over to Nicole's side and did the exact same gesture. "Morrigan! May I introduce you too. Nicole!!! My Cabalmate and all around cool person."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Morrigan Sat May 22, 2021 2:53 am

[Steelhaven, 5 30]
Serge waved at the big dog as he walked past them. "His names Mundi." Serge explained to Morrigan as he led her to their desired destination. "The Familiar of one of the Masters at the chantry. Guess he's patrolling the chantry. He's a very good boy in case you didn't notice."
Morrigan watched the dog, her face lit up by a happy smile. "Pfft, good boy? Surely you jest. You think I don't know the best boy when I see him? 10 out of 10 best boy, I would say."

A pause.

"I never got the hang of the whole familiar thing. One of my teachers said it was an outward manifestation of my inability to care for anyone but myself." She chuckled. "Of course, that was after I thumped him in a sparring match on his birthday. So he might have been experiencing what the Buddhists would call the suffering of attachment."

She chuckled again at the memory.

[Steelhaven, 6.15]

Upon seeing his cabalamate, Serge beamed and waved at her. "Ayyyyyyy! Nicole! Haven't seen you in what seems like forever. Didn't see you at the sandwich gathering." he said as he walked up to her, his cheeriness seemingly undiminished despite all that had happened during the day. "Heard about how you guys aced the Labyrinth run. Nice job. Glad to see your not hurt."

He gestured over to the pretty red-haired girl beside him.  "Don't know if you heard but we got a new chantry member. Who decided to join right in the middle of multiple potentially world ending disasters. Kinda sounds familiar to when you and I joined right? Anyways allow me to introduce you guys." he said with a slight chuckle.

He then did an eccentric gesture towards Morrigan, as if introducing her at a celebrity gathering. "Nicole! May I introduce you too! Morrigan!!!"

Serge then moved over to Nicole's side and did the exact same gesture. "Morrigan! May I introduce you too. Nicole!!! My Cabalmate and all around cool person."
Morrigan looked up at the new arrival and swallowed back the anxiety that had been held at bay by bantering with Serge. But again the pressure of making a good first impression fell down on her and instantly she heard the voice of her stupid idiot family insider her head drawling out that she was a dirty O'Connell and there was no place for her anywhere but with her own kind.

She took a breath, focused her breath, smiled a sunny, friendly smile and reached out to shake the woman's hand. "Nicole! Heya! It's really good to meet you, Serge has been showing me around. This seems like a pretty badass place you got."

Brief pause.

"Did he just say you aced a Labyrinth run? Please tell me that wasn't, like a speedrun on Twitch or something."
Morrigan
Morrigan

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 22, 2021 6:39 am

[Chief's Office, 6.00]

And that's gonna be a problem, if a 12-gauge slug ain't gonna do it. Only things with a higher TKO would be an elephant gun, a 50-cal rifle or, perhaps an old 10-gauge. Plus, what if we go overkill and blast a hole right through them?' giving a frown. 'No... in this case, a very hard wood, very sharp and smacked in with a killer level of PSI.' those greyish eyes flicking to her gloved hand and arm for a moment, clearly considering the problem before continuing.

'I might be able to do that.'

"Please do tell Miss Bouchard what solution you have in case we have to make effort to stake this Massassa."
Helena asked and she raised an eyebrow.
"You are right though we do not want to risk destroying her, not until we have used her as bait, then she is dead."

"Hum...yes I guess there is a danger that sleeper kids will make their way into the hospital now that we have dealt with the...inhabitants. Very well a clean up team have to be assigned but with all that is going on I can not say exactly when, however if we end up needing something there and my Pater agrees to it then we can get it."
The ice maga replied with a nod.

'Hey, ain't saying not visit this person...' trying to sound nonchalant but failing.

"Well then if you and Miss Mandis can find out what we need, what we might get from the hospital and then we will go see my ehm...friend for the rest."
Helena declared.
"So is there anything else we need to discuss in preparation at the moment?"

[Steelhaven, 5 30]

Morrigan watched the dog, her face lit up by a happy smile. "Pfft, good boy? Surely you jest. You think I don't know the best boy when I see him? 10 out of 10 best boy, I would say."

The huge black dog wagged his tail even more at the praise and he nudged his large head against Morrigan's hand gently before he continued on his way, wandering the hallways of the Chantry keeping watch.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat May 22, 2021 12:35 pm

[Infirmary]
Anja wrote:"Everyone makes mistakes but yes generally my Mentor have good judgement and if he think this new member is good people then I believe him."
Richard said with a nod.
Colin nodded, "Well, let us hope Yu Die eventually accepts he was manipulated that once... well, the bridge is not quite burned down yet, and it was an expertly played betrayal. I'll give the Fallen that much. Dahl received a much too quick death..."

Anja wrote:"The ward on the bathroom do not dampen powers but it will make someone who are not welcome feel a little a jolt and I will know if we have unwelcome guests in the loo."
Anna informed you with a grin clearly quite pleased with her ward.
He chuckled, "Most would just put something like that on the front door, or the doormat..."

Anja wrote:"I ward everything dad."
Your apprentice said happily.
"Everything."
He sighed, "Yes... yes, I suppose you do. Just... don't ward Jareth's things again, alright? He looked so mortally offended that one time."

He let out a soft chuckle as he let Anna into the apartment and put his now-empty mug in the sink, "Alright, you stay here and pick out some games, and I'll go check for a suitable chaperone before resuming my other duties today."
Heading out again, he wandered over to Serge's apartment and knocked softly on the door.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 22, 2021 5:15 pm

[Infirmary]

Colin nodded, "Well, let us hope Yu Die eventually accepts he was manipulated that once... well, the bridge is not quite burned down yet, and it was an expertly played betrayal. I'll give the Fallen that much. Dahl received a much too quick death..."

"Yes, well the quickness of the death is one thing but I would have wanted him to stand trial for Yu Die to see that what our Mentor did to her was due to foul manipulation."
Richard said darkly.
"I think that once Yu Die have gotten some time to process things then she and our teacher can slowly begin to re build trust, I know my Mentor care for my sister I am sure he will do what is needed to help her get over what happened."

He chuckled, "Most would just put something like that on the front door, or the doormat..."

"Both the door and the doormat is warded as well dad, I said I warded everything did I not?"
Anna said cheerfully.

He sighed, "Yes... yes, I suppose you do. Just... don't ward Jareth's things again, alright? He looked so mortally offended that one time."

"Yeah...you are right dad I do not want Jareth to be angry at me, he knew that I was the one who cast the ward...somehow he knew."
The young apprentice replied with a sigh.

He let out a soft chuckle as he let Anna into the apartment and put his now-empty mug in the sink, "Alright, you stay here and pick out some games, and I'll go check for a suitable chaperone before resuming my other duties today."

"Ok dad then again the others should also be allowed to have a word in what gave we play."
Anna said as she gave a tired sigh and sat down on the sofa.
"I will just sit down for a few moments I think."

[Serge's Apartment Early Sunday]

Heading out again, he wandered over to Serge's apartment and knocked softly on the door.

Serge you got a knock on your door early well earlyish the next day after staying up late showing Morrigan around last...well actually also early Sunday just earlier.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat May 22, 2021 6:19 pm

[Chief's Office, 6.00]

Anja's Post:

'There's like two issues, right? One, producing enough power to ram the stake in, but also making sure the stake don't foul up on impact. Stake issue ain't that hard; I mean, everyone knows hickory is stronger than pine, right? Get it treated to make it stronger and all that.'

'Then there's the issue of generating enough force to get it in. The point will help a lot on that, but even so get someone good at hammering shit. Like they do it as a job – like Bruce. Perhaps see if we can't find some something to give him to up the power too. I can hold the stake, so he'll have zero worries about collateral damage.'

Anja's Post:

'I say we need to do it after first light today. At very least, secure the building. I don't mind doing it; in fact if I burn off some energy quick now I'll be able to get a bit of shut-eye before the mission.'

Anja's Post:

'I can't think of anything; at least not what can answered now. But at very least you'll have a start of a plan to give to the Chief, no?'

[Steelhaven, 6.15]

The mystery person had been a little way ahead of the pair along the basement corridor away from the stair; a back showing an electric blue buzz-cut, somewhat bulky shoulders, a t-shirt and a pair of olive cargos. One arm with a full sleeve Polynesian ink, the other black-gloved past the elbow, hints of another tattoo past the shirt collar. Only the generous hips and rear showing they were in fact, a she.

Serge's Post:

On being called out to, the figure halted and turned back to face them. Eyes widened a little on recognition, along with a little bit of confusion. Closed most of the gap with apparent ease, allowing more details to filter through; not just tall but outsized, body shape that of a woman in decent physical condition. No jewellery or make-up, male-cut Weyland-Yutani shirt, cargos clearly of the functional type.

'Sandwich gathering?' the woman repeated, a slight frown before putting two and two together. 'Didn't know, me. Yeah... made a vampire choke, nearly scored with a 'roided chick and saw a creepy clown. Fun time had by all.' tone a little on the “amused sarcastic” rating, the woman's strong accent close, but not quite Bostonian.

Serge's Post:

Morrigan's Post:

The stranger's eyebrow raised slightly at the Estatic's... flamboyant introduction but didn't comment on it, merely extended the gloved hand. While still watching her alertly. 'So, you're the addition to the mélange, eh?' she replied, flashes of bad teeth as she spoke. 'The name's Nicole Bouchard, ...Sons of Ether.' Clearly not liking “Sons”. And it being “Etheh”.

Morrigan's Post:

'As much as soldier in WW2 whooped Hitler's ass.' the large woman replied, giving a somewhat dismissive shrug, clearly considering her contribution to be rather modest. 'But the mission was a success without any fatalities. Our side, obviously. 'Cept perhaps, like a couple of egos.' another gesture showing she didn't overly care about that.

[How old is Morrigan? It's never been mentioned...]

[Nick will at some point at 6.15 tell Serge he needs to get some sleep, as he may be going to Seattle.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat May 22, 2021 7:52 pm

[Steelhaven, 5 30]

Morrigan wrote:Morrigan watched the dog, her face lit up by a happy smile. "Pfft, good boy? Surely you jest. You think I don't know the best boy when I see him? 10 out of 10 best boy, I would say."

A pause.

"I never got the hang of the whole familiar thing. One of my teachers said it was an outward manifestation of my inability to care for anyone but myself." She chuckled. "Of course, that was after I thumped him in a sparring match on his birthday. So he might have been experiencing what the Buddhists would call the suffering of attachment."

She chuckled again at the memory.

Serge laughed at the little story as well. "Oh I'd love to have a familiar. There so cool. Having a little magick buddy is essentially the goal of every kid growing up on the Pokemon Era. Me included."

[Steelhaven, 6.15]

Nicole wrote:'Sandwich gathering?' the woman repeated, a slight frown before putting two and two together. 'Didn't know, me. Yeah... made a vampire choke, nearly scored with a 'roided chick and saw a creepy clown. Fun time had by all.' tone a little on the “amused sarcastic” rating, the woman's strong accent close, but not quite Bostonian.

"Yeah me and the kids made some sandwiches for the strike teams. Sandwiches are probably still in the common room if your hungry." Serge said, "Sounds like you gained a couple of stories that I'd love to hear in detail sometime. Though I doubt they'd top Mr. Wainwright befriending the Labyrinth and talking down Cthulu."

Morrigan wrote:Morrigan looked up at the new arrival and swallowed back the anxiety that had been held at bay by bantering with Serge. But again the pressure of making a good first impression fell down on her and instantly she heard the voice of her stupid idiot family insider her head drawling out that she was a dirty O'Connell and there was no place for her anywhere but with her own kind.

She took a breath, focused her breath, smiled a sunny, friendly smile and reached out to shake the woman's hand. "Nicole! Heya! It's really good to meet you, Serge has been showing me around. This seems like a pretty badass place you got."

Brief pause.

"Did he just say you aced a Labyrinth run? Please tell me that wasn't, like a speedrun on Twitch or something."
Nicole wrote:'As much as soldier in WW2 whooped Hitler's ass.' the large woman replied, giving a somewhat dismissive shrug, clearly considering her contribution to be rather modest. 'But the mission was a success without any fatalities. Our side, obviously. 'Cept perhaps, like a couple of egos.' another gesture showing she didn't overly care about that.

"If there was ever a 'Neutralize labyrinth' speed running category, this chantry would probably be top of the leaderboard. And likely the only contender in the 'Neutralize Labyrinth - No Fatalities' subcategory." Serge added, sounding amused at the prospect of there missions being considered speedruns. "And I'm pretty sure Nick did a lot more than your average soldier. She's one of our best fighters. Though you might shake that list up Morrigan."

Colin wrote:Heading out again, he wandered over to Serge's apartment and knocked softly on the door.
Anja wrote:Serge you got a knock on your door early well earlyish the next day after staying up late showing Morrigan around last...well actually also early Sunday just earlier.

It wasn't long before the knock was responded too. The door opened to reveal Serge, still wearing the same clothes he had been the entire day. A smile on his face when he saw who it was though there was an increased tiredness in his eyes that would clue Colin into realizing that Serge hadn't gotten much sleep since they had last met despite everyone telling him to get some rest.

"Hey Mr. Wainwright. Didn't expect to see you again." Serge said, "Do you need anything?"

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Sat May 22, 2021 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 22, 2021 8:19 pm

[Chief's Office, 6.00]

'There's like two issues, right? One, producing enough power to ram the stake in, but also making sure the stake don't foul up on impact. Stake issue ain't that hard; I mean, everyone knows hickory is stronger than pine, right? Get it treated to make it stronger and all that.'

'Then there's the issue of generating enough force to get it in. The point will help a lot on that, but even so get someone good at hammering shit. Like they do it as a job – like Bruce. Perhaps see if we can't find some something to give him to up the power too. I can hold the stake, so he'll have zero worries about collateral damage.'

"Those are the two issues yes, and we could use magick to generate the force to hammer the stake in but I am more worried about finding wood hard enough not to splinter, even lignum for example, I am not sure that would work if this Massassa have such protections."
Helena said with a frown.
"Bringing Mr King might be a good idea though."

'I say we need to do it after first light today. At very least, secure the building. I don't mind doing it; in fact if I burn off some energy quick now I'll be able to get a bit of shut-eye before the mission.'

Helena sigh then she nodded.
"Very well Miss Bouchard if you can do so before the mission to Seattle you may go, please bring one or two others to help you."

'I can't think of anything; at least not what can answered now. But at very least you'll have a start of a plan to give to the Chief, no?'

"The basics of a plan yes we have to little information to go on for more than that."
The ice maga said as Fran rose and bowed and headed for the door where she waited for Nicole.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun May 23, 2021 12:12 am

[Infirmary]
Anja wrote:"Yes, well the quickness of the death is one thing but I would have wanted him to stand trial for Yu Die to see that what our Mentor did to her was due to foul manipulation."
Richard said darkly.
"I think that once Yu Die have gotten some time to process things then she and our teacher can slowly begin to re build trust, I know my Mentor care for my sister I am sure he will do what is needed to help her get over what happened."
Colin frowned, "There may yet be a trial to clear that up... Dahl couldn't get to Dr. Wong's decision to allow vaccination directly, after all..."

Anja wrote:"Both the door and the doormat is warded as well dad, I said I warded everything did I not?"
Anna said cheerfully.
He sighed softly, "Yes, you did... I said most would have settled for those. You know, if I ever were to get into the business of selling cursed items, you'd be the number one consultant. Not, of course, that I would, but still..."

Anja wrote:"Yeah...you are right dad I do not want Jareth to be angry at me, he knew that I was the one who cast the ward...somehow he knew."
The young apprentice replied with a sigh.
He nodded, "Jareth is very much his father's son... clever as a corvid, and..."
He frowned, "Damn, I should check in on Aldis' bird, too."

Anja wrote:"Ok dad then again the others should also be allowed to have a word in what gave we play."
Anna said as she gave a tired sigh and sat down on the sofa.
"I will just sit down for a few moments I think."
He smiled, "True enough. Best have your mask at the ready, just in case."

Jeremy wrote:It wasn't long before the knock was responded too. The door opened to reveal Serge, still wearing the same clothes he had been the entire day. A smile on his face when he saw who it was though there was an increased tiredness in his eyes that would clue Colin into realizing that Serge hadn't gotten much sleep since they had last met despite everyone telling him to get some rest.

"Hey Mr. Wainwright. Didn't expect to see you again." Serge said, "Do you need anything?"
He gave Serge a quick once-over, looking somewhat out-of-place in a hoodie instead of the ever-present suit, "As a matter of fact, I was going to ask if you would care for a small chaperone mission, but you... haven't slept yet, have you?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Morrigan Sun May 23, 2021 1:55 am

[Steelhaven, 6.15]

'Sandwich gathering?' the woman repeated, a slight frown before putting two and two together. 'Didn't know, me. Yeah... made a vampire choke, nearly scored with a 'roided chick and saw a creepy clown. Fun time had by all.' tone a little on the “amused sarcastic” rating, the woman's strong accent close, but not quite Bostonian.
Morrigan's eyes got wider and wider with every interesting clause. "Holy shit that's too many cool things all at once. it's like Terry Gilliam wrote a sequel to It." A pause. "Do vampires even need to breathe?"

Nicole wrote:The stranger's eyebrow raised slightly at the Estatic's... flamboyant introduction but didn't comment on it, merely extended the gloved hand. While still watching her alertly. 'So, you're the addition to the mélange, eh?' she replied, flashes of bad teeth as she spoke. 'The name's Nicole Bouchard, ...Sons of Ether.' Clearly not liking “Sons”. And it being “Etheh”.
[/quote]
She smiles a self-deprecating smile. "Mélange! Good word! The ginger must flow!" And then, "So you don't go for any of that progressive Etherite business? We have the same trouble with my people. Akashic Brotherhood my ass. As though dudes somehow have a monopoly on enlightemnent."

Nicole wrote:'As much as soldier in WW2 whooped Hitler's ass.' the large woman replied, giving a somewhat dismissive shrug, clearly considering her contribution to be rather modest. 'But the mission was a success without any fatalities. Our side, obviously. 'Cept perhaps, like a couple of egos.' another gesture showing she didn't overly care about that.
"Kay, that's good, but... labyrinth what? And how? And who? And why?" She realized they were just standing in a hallway, and that she just met this woman. "Sorry. I get excited for stories. In another life I'd have been a degenerate housewife-hair-salon gossip-hound. But if you ever feel like telling it, I'd love to hear it."

[How old is Morrigan? It's never been mentioned...]
[She's mid-20's ish. I imagine her age would be hard to pinpoint due to her Uncanny background and Fae bearing.]

"Yeah me and the kids made some sandwiches for the strike teams. Sandwiches are probably still in the common room if your hungry." Serge said, "Sounds like you gained a couple of stories that I'd love to hear in detail sometime. Though I doubt they'd top Mr. Wainwright befriending the Labyrinth and talking down Cthulu."
Morrigan shook her head and squeezed her eyes shut for a moment. "Okay, seriously, you guys have to stop alluding to things like that. You're incorrigible story-teases the both of you. You're giving me blue brains."

"If there was ever a 'Neutralize labyrin
Serge wrote:th' speed running category, this chantry would probably be top of the leaderboard. And likely the only contender in the 'Neutralize Labyrinth - No Fatalities' subcategory." Serge added, sounding amused at the prospect of there missions being considered speedruns. "And I'm pretty sure Nick did a lot more than your average soldier. She's one of our best fighters. Though you might shake that list up Morrigan."
Morrigan winced. That was the last thing she needed here on day one. "No no no, I'm not here to shake up anyone's list. I'm here to help with Fae problems. Or so I'm lead to believe"
Morrigan
Morrigan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun May 23, 2021 2:49 am

[Steelhaven, 6.15]

Morrigan wrote:"Kay, that's good, but... labyrinth what? And how? And who? And why?" She realized they were just standing in a hallway, and that she just met this woman. "Sorry. I get excited for stories. In another life I'd have been a degenerate housewife-hair-salon gossip-hound. But if you ever feel like telling it, I'd love to hear it."
Morrigan wrote:Morrigan shook her head and squeezed her eyes shut for a moment. "Okay, seriously, you guys have to stop alluding to things like that. You're incorrigible story-teases the both of you. You're giving me blue brains."

"Hahaha. Sorry about that. It's actually a bad habit of Mr. Wainwrights to subtly brag about all of the cool stuff he's done and experienced in every conversation. Guess it's rubbing off on us." Serge said with a chuckle, guiltily enjoying Morrigan slight confusion. After all, it reminded him of his own confusion when he first joined. "Don't worry. You'll hear all the crazy stories this chantry has produced. Eventually..."

Morrigan wrote:Morrigan winced. That was the last thing she needed here on day one. "No no no, I'm not here to shake up anyone's list. I'm here to help with Fae problems. Or so I'm lead to believe"

Morrigan's comment about being here to specifically help solve Fae problem earned her a curious glance from Serge. He didn't comment on it further, but made a mental note to ask further into that particular tidbit later.

"Oh come on. A little competition never hurt anyone. Plus I'm sure Nicole would love to have a sparring partner who won't lecture her about some mundane thing between fights." Serge said, clearly curious to see who would win in a fight between the two of them.

Colin wrote:He gave Serge a quick once-over, looking somewhat out-of-place in a hoodie instead of the ever-present suit, "As a matter of fact, I was going to ask if you would care for a small chaperone mission, but you... haven't slept yet, have you?"

"Oh yeah..." Serge said sheepishly, nervously scratching the back of his head. "Damn, Mr. Dallas and Nicole told me to get some sleep. And I told myself I was going to. But I guess it slipped my mind. Don't really feel like I need it. You know, 9 hours compressed into 10 minutes and all. And I haven't really been spending much energy."

"But anyways a small chaperone mission? Do you want me to watch over some kids again?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun May 23, 2021 4:48 am

[Chief's Office, 6.00]

Anja's Post:

'I'll make two, then. If the first one breaks I'll use my shotgun to blow a hole open for the other.' giving a little shrug. 'And the guy might even have a portable power hammer or something...'

Anja's Post:

'Hmm... do we have any particleboard lying about? Also, I'll take a quick sort through what we already collected, see what's useable.'

Anja's Post:

'Sometimes, that's better. Too much intel means plan gets too inflexible, then breaks when something goes wrong...' the Etherite quipped, getting up from the chair.

[Steelhaven, 6.15]

Serge's Post:

A somewhat haunted look crossed the woman's face for a moment before answering. 'That explains the plate by my door earlier...'

Morrigan's Post:

'Don't think so, but they do get pissy when dinner turns out to be a metal porcupine, like.' the woman replied, watching to see how how Morrigan reacted to that comment. 'That reminds...' turning to look to Serge. 'Did we let that other vampire go?'

Serge's Post:

A short silence before the Etherite replied. 'More due to their incompetence than our skill.' looking at Morrigan curiously, as though trying to see within to divine their skills. 'Though we did generally keep possession, which helped.'

Morrigan's Post:

'It's the official name, like.' making a gesture that clearly showed while she didn't like it, didn't think it an important issue. 'This is the Traditions after all.' a slight mocking edge on the woman's tone now.

Morrigan's Post:

'Fallen base was within an living craft in another dimension. A few people objected to the idea of it not being a total soup sandwich.'

Morrigan's Post:

A slight look of surprise and confusion on hearing this, turning to look at Serge for clarification.

Serge's Post:

'Famous last words, that, along with ones like "oh how dangerous can it be?".' the large woman quipped.

[I can't remember, but didn't Morrigan lose most her Southie accent?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 23, 2021 8:30 am

[Infirmary]

Colin frowned, "There may yet be a trial to clear that up... Dahl couldn't get to Dr. Wong's decision to allow vaccination directly, after all..."

"That is not exactly the situation Colin."
Richard said and he lowered his voice so Anna would not hear.
"Basically we all started blood test screenings to see who carried the cyber plague, Steelhaven decided to have a system where those who did not want to be screened could just be assumed to be carriers and such keep their distance to everyone with cybernetics. Riverside decided with what we now suspect is pressure and manipulation from Dahl to mandatory screen all members. The plan was for my Mentor to get Yu Die to Seelhaven where she and Anna could just stay in your apartment until the situation was resolved, but again Dahl manipulated things so that the Deacon Council of Riverside insisted the tests be done then and there, my teacher was then put in the situation where either he could draw Yu Die's blood himself or allow someone who did not have medical training to do so, perhaps she had felt less betrayed if he had allowed someone else to do it but he was thinking he could do it painlessly and would scare her less."
The Akashic said with a sigh.

He sighed softly, "Yes, you did... I said most would have settled for those. You know, if I ever were to get into the business of selling cursed items, you'd be the number one consultant. Not, of course, that I would, but still..."

Anna grinned at that.

He nodded, "Jareth is very much his father's son... clever as a corvid, and..."
He frowned, "Damn, I should check in on Aldis' bird, too."

"Yeah Jareth is really smart."
Anna agreed.
"Yeah that is probably smart with it's master injured someone have to feed the bird."
The girl agreed.

He smiled, "True enough. Best have your mask at the ready, just in case."

"Ok dad I will go and get it so it is ready if I need it."
Anna said and she stood with a grunt and headed for her room.

[Chief's Office, 6.00]

I'll make two, then. If the first one breaks I'll use my shotgun to blow a hole open for the other.' giving a little shrug. 'And the guy might even have a portable power hammer or something...'

"Very well that sounds like a plan Miss Bouchard, you might also ask Mr Wainwright if he have any hardwood available, lignum is popular to incorporate into jewelry pieces after all so he might have some."
Helena replied.

'Hmm... do we have any particleboard lying about? Also, I'll take a quick sort through what we already collected, see what's useable.'

"What is a particle board Miss Bouchard?"
The ice maga asked sounding confused.

'Sometimes, that's better. Too much intel means plan gets too inflexible, then breaks when something goes wrong...' the Etherite quipped, getting up from the chair.

The Hermetic nodded.
"True enough."
She said then she nodded.
"Please let me or the Chief know how the trip to the hospital to see what weapons we might scavange from there go and keep in touch and be careful I would not like to have to mount a rescue mission if anything...is sniffing around the the place."
Helena instructed.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun May 23, 2021 10:13 am

[Infirmary]
Anja wrote:"That is not exactly the situation Colin."
Richard said and he lowered his voice so Anna would not hear.
"Basically we all started blood test screenings to see who carried the cyber plague, Steelhaven decided to have a system where those who did not want to be screened could just be assumed to be carriers and such keep their distance to everyone with cybernetics. Riverside decided with what we now suspect is pressure and manipulation from Dahl to mandatory screen all members. The plan was for my Mentor to get Yu Die to Seelhaven where she and Anna could just stay in your apartment until the situation was resolved, but again Dahl manipulated things so that the Deacon Council of Riverside insisted the tests be done then and there, my teacher was then put in the situation where either he could draw Yu Die's blood himself or allow someone who did not have medical training to do so, perhaps she had felt less betrayed if he had allowed someone else to do it but he was thinking he could do it painlessly and would scare her less."
The Akashic said with a sigh.
Colin frowned, then nodded and replied in a soft whisper, "It was still just at the test stage, yes... the point remains, Dr. Wong was manipulated into it by... a compromised individual there. I suspect a member of their Deacon Council. It... is being looked into, but it is obviously a delicate subject; can't afford to make inaccurate accusations."

Anja wrote:"Yeah Jareth is really smart."
Anna agreed.
"Yeah that is probably smart with it's master injured someone have to feed the bird."
The girl agreed.
He smiled, "I'll see how quickly I can get to it - I'll need to check on Aldis for that, to get a good link to his residence, I'm afraid."

Jeremy wrote:"Oh yeah..." Serge said sheepishly, nervously scratching the back of his head. "Damn, Mr. Dallas and Nicole told me to get some sleep. And I told myself I was going to. But I guess it slipped my mind. Don't really feel like I need it. You know, 9 hours compressed into 10 minutes and all. And I haven't really been spending much energy."

"But anyways a small chaperone mission? Do you want me to watch over some kids again?"
He sighed, "Get some sleep, son. Your help might be needed for the next strike, and we can't have you running on fumes from the start. Besides, the Chief wouldn't go for a sleep-deprived chaperone. I'll look around to see who else is awake... if you're still up, I'm going to hazard Morrigan hasn't had much sleep, either. Hum..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 23, 2021 10:59 am

[Infirmary]

Colin frowned, then nodded and replied in a soft whisper, "It was still just at the test stage, yes... the point remains, Dr. Wong was manipulated into it by... a compromised individual there. I suspect a member of their Deacon Council. It... is being looked into, but it is obviously a delicate subject; can't afford to make inaccurate accusations."

Richard nodded and he sigh.
"The Nephandi have left us allow of clean up to do but yes we have to find out what the situation at Riverside is, as the situation is at the moment I am almost glad my sister refuse to go back there."
The Akashic whispered with a frown.
"But yes my Mentor was manipulated into betraying my magickal sister's trust, the damage will take time to heal, damned Nephandi!"

He smiled, "I'll see how quickly I can get to it - I'll need to check on Aldis for that, to get a good link to his residence, I'm afraid."

"Perhaps Mr Ameli have something on him that indicate where he lives so you can find his bird?"
Anna asked.
"Hopefully though he is now awake and is able to care for his pet...he had a raven you said dad?"
The girl asked looking up at you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 30  Next