Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Terror in Seattle, Shopping Weapons and Cute Little Critters IC Thread 54

4 posters

Page 2 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 30  Next

Go down

Terror in Seattle, Shopping Weapons and Cute Little Critters IC Thread 54 - Page 2 Empty Re: Terror in Seattle, Shopping Weapons and Cute Little Critters IC Thread 54

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:38 am

[Briefing, 2.15]

Colin nodded, "A good idea, but might want to make it a particularly obvious light colour. And maybe in conjunction with an 'vacant/occupied' sign on the door, too. Heavens know how many people I have seen in various shops over the past few years who just put aside the obstructing 'out of order' sign, and then complain that the machine they tried to use wasn't working... People in a hurry can be very adept at not noticing things..."

"These are all good ideas Mr Wainwright but they are not to relevant for the current mission, I am sure we can decide on sign color for the ritual chambers at another time."
Jeffry replied and he raised an eyebrow.

He grimaced, "A number of rituals aren't really all that... safe to do behind a locked door; an unlucky practitioner might need the equivalent of a fire escape route readily available - we can't all just teleport, after all..."

"While I prefer it if the Chantry was not damaged I wil take damage to a ritual chamber over damage to an Chantry member so yes for some things you want to be able to dash out the door but this is not a common problem, most of the time locking the door in an option."
The Security Chief said.

His eyes glittered impishly as he sighed, "Please try to avoid getting frogged, Serge; Dr. Boudavich would never forgive me if you croaked in my care."

"Well I can de frog your Cabalmate as well...after a while...if I felt like it."
Amadeus said with a grin and Jeffry sigh.
"Please do not turn Chantry members into frogs...again...Master Nassa."
"What it is not like it have happened...that often, and it is not always frogs..."

[After the Meeting]

He looked at the photos, and at Alessa, then nodded, "Yes, I believe I do see how the markings differ from the patterns found in mundane tarantulas; it should be easy enough to make them lifelike without any supernatural indicators."

"Exellent Mr Wainwright."
Alessa said with a nod as she stopped for a moment to admire the pedipalps of one of the spiders in the picture before she put her computer down again.
"I do believe that would be best."

[Going to the Villa]

He nodded, "With his injuries, I doubt he'll wake up until nightfall at the earliest... probably not even then, unless I get some vampire blood into him by sunset. But if he should be awake against all odds, he won't bite - doesn't have the fangs for it. I'll reach out from the kitchen and grab a blood bag I have in my workshop; I have a last spare there for the poor woman recuperating there... ah, she may regain consciousness soon, too, by the way, just so you are warned; she's begun to stir a little."

Jeffry nodded as he made a turn an then he glanced over at Colin.
"Have you decided what to do with the Massassa in your workshop? You can not keep her there."
He said sternly.
"You have to find a way to get her back to her own kind."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Terror in Seattle, Shopping Weapons and Cute Little Critters IC Thread 54 - Page 2 Empty Re: Terror in Seattle, Shopping Weapons and Cute Little Critters IC Thread 54

Post by Warpmind Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:26 pm

[Briefing, 2.15]
Anja wrote:"Well I can de frog your Cabalmate as well...after a while...if I felt like it."
Amadeus said with a grin and Jeffry sigh.
"Please do not turn Chantry members into frogs...again...Master Nassa."
"What it is not like it have happened...that often, and it is not always frogs..."
Colin just chuckled.

[Going to the Villa]
Anja wrote:Jeffry nodded as he made a turn an then he glanced over at Colin.
"Have you decided what to do with the Massassa in your workshop? You can not keep her there."
He said sternly.
"You have to find a way to get her back to her own kind."
He sighed, "In the broadest of terms, yes. In the specifics... not so much. I intend to call the Prince of Boston tonight, thank him for his help in the matter, and ask what manner of favour he would require for accepting the poor woman into his domain. There will be... a matter of princely gifts, as it were, already; a photo of a dragon from Horizon, for example. Some enchanted silverware would likely be well received."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:52 pm

[Going to the Villa]

He sighed, "In the broadest of terms, yes. In the specifics... not so much. I intend to call the Prince of Boston tonight, thank him for his help in the matter, and ask what manner of favour he would require for accepting the poor woman into his domain. There will be... a matter of princely gifts, as it were, already; a photo of a dragon from Horizon, for example. Some enchanted silverware would likely be well received."

"Very well Mr Wainwright, it sounds like you have this matter well in hand then, but be careful when dealing with this powerful Massassa, my Tradition outlaws dealing with them for a reason."
Jeffry said before he turned the car towards the villa and sped towards the less densly populated outskirts of Boston.
"Massassa can be dangerous."
He warned again.

(OOC: Sorry for the late reply I got lost in a book, I was only planning on reading a few chapters.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:29 am

[Going to the Villa]
Anja wrote:"Very well Mr Wainwright, it sounds like you have this matter well in hand then, but be careful when dealing with this powerful Massassa, my Tradition outlaws dealing with them for a reason."
Jeffry said before he turned the car towards the villa and sped towards the less densly populated outskirts of Boston.
"Massassa can be dangerous."
He warned again.
Colin smiled wryly as he looked outside at the local spiritual population, "Yes, well, they say good men don't need rules, and the Order has rather a lot of them... Tremere was a prime example of what not to do when you start fearing old age, I suppose. Nevertheless, yes, I know the dangers vampires pose; whether through blood or manipulation. I'll not endanger the Chantry, and I'll try to check what all the consequences of a proposed bargain will be. 'Just a small favour' is a devilishly appealing deal, after all..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:57 am

[Going to the Villa]

Colin smiled wryly as he looked outside at the local spiritual population, "Yes, well, they say good men don't need rules, and the Order has rather a lot of them... Tremere was a prime example of what not to do when you start fearing old age, I suppose. Nevertheless, yes, I know the dangers vampires pose; whether through blood or manipulation. I'll not endanger the Chantry, and I'll try to check what all the consequences of a proposed bargain will be. 'Just a small favour' is a devilishly appealing deal, after all..."

"Good men who think they need no rules are generally not all that good."
Jeffry said with a wry smile. You saw several slender, dog like spirits run alongside the car for a while, and something large and green oozed it's way down a street.
"Tremere was a fool, he gave up eternity for mere physical existence, but his cause was perhaps more noble than that, remember back in the day we knew several domains of power, magic, fey, infernal and divine, but then a fifth domain started inserting itself in our lives...reason andwhere it went magic failed. Tremere feared not just his life with flicker out but magick itself, he was the last of the thirteen Founders still alive after all, and he believe he had to preserve himself, to preserve magick."
The old Hermetic said sadly.
"Even so, no matter how noble his goals the man was still a fool and he damned so many."
Jeffry sigh and nodded.
"Just make sure you are careful and keep in mind what these beings are, never forget that when making even small deals with them."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:22 am

[Going to the Villa]
Anja wrote:"Good men who think they need no rules are generally not all that good."
Jeffry said with a wry smile. You saw several slender, dog like spirits run alongside the car for a while, and something large and green oozed it's way down a street.
"Tremere was a fool, he gave up eternity for mere physical existence, but his cause was perhaps more noble than that, remember back in the day we knew several domains of power, magic, fey, infernal and divine, but then a fifth domain started inserting itself in our lives...reason andwhere it went magic failed. Tremere feared not just his life with flicker out but magick itself, he was the last of the thirteen Founders still alive after all, and he believe he had to preserve himself, to preserve magick."
The old Hermetic said sadly.
"Even so, no matter how noble his goals the man was still a fool and he damned so many."
Jeffry sigh and nodded.
"Just make sure you are careful and keep in mind what these beings are, never forget that when making even small deals with them."
Colin nodded, "True enough... hum, I suppose Tremere was the last Founder alive. Then again, who knows, perhaps Tytalus is still out there, somewhere... I'm sure getting him back intact and alive would stir up quite the consternation in his old House. Hum, though on the subject of the many Tremere damned, I briefly mentioned a beautiful spell I have ideas for using the ashes of Carmon Hermes bani Tremere, per his last request... I was thinking of a bust in his likeness, from conjured crystal drawn from his static Quintessence directly. And I was thinking of doing it in room C, the Resonance of such a working should overwhelm the lingering dread of... what was done to Beatrice. It would perhaps be no more pleasant, but... strongly different. Certainly more stagnant than destructive... Well, I have some more research to do before I can do something like that - so it likely won't be this year. It's something you might consider, for when I will be able to pull it off. I think... Adley might appreciate it, too."

He sighed, "And yes, I know they can be insidious. Still, they are remarkably human, for good or ill; they're overall less alien to deal with than, say, spirits..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:59 am

[Going to the Villa]

Colin nodded, "True enough... hum, I suppose Tremere was the last Founder alive. Then again, who knows, perhaps Tytalus is still out there, somewhere... I'm sure getting him back intact and alive would stir up quite the consternation in his old House.

"Now that would stirr things up and yes since Tytalus according to lore vanished in a fairy forest it is a chance he could still be alive, but who know what condition he would be in if he is."
Jeffry said with a bit of a frown.

Hum, though on the subject of the many Tremere damned, I briefly mentioned a beautiful spell I have ideas for using the ashes of Carmon Hermes bani Tremere, per his last request... I was thinking of a bust in his likeness, from conjured crystal drawn from his static Quintessence directly. And I was thinking of doing it in room C, the Resonance of such a working should overwhelm the lingering dread of... what was done to Beatrice. It would perhaps be no more pleasant, but... strongly different. Certainly more stagnant than destructive... Well, I have some more research to do before I can do something like that - so it likely won't be this year. It's something you might consider, for when I will be able to pull it off. I think... Adley might appreciate it, too."

The old Hermetic considered then he nodded.
"It should not do any harm, and while it might nto cleanse the Resinance of our biggest ritual chamber but it might change it. I will allow the working but yes I do believe my apprentice would want to be present for it so wait until he is back on his feet."
He said with a concerned look in his eyes then he sigh.
"I know Adley is in the best of hands but...I wish I had the time to sit with him through this."

He sighed, "And yes, I know they can be insidious. Still, they are remarkably human, for good or ill; they're overall less alien to deal with than, say, spirits..."

"They are more human than spirits or fae and so easier to understand, they tend to ahve the same wants and desires as humans so we can better understand their motivations, but they are still dangerous and they live in a society that encourage backstabbing and being a douche to one another."
The old Hermetic said with a sigh.
"Just be careful Mr Wainwright and don't let their humanity blind you."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:43 am

[Going to the Villa]
Anja wrote:"Now that would stirr things up and yes since Tytalus according to lore vanished in a fairy forest it is a chance he could still be alive, but who know what condition he would be in if he is."
Jeffry said with a bit of a frown.
Colin pondered, "Who knows, indeed... Maybe some brave Mage could inquire, at least. Hum... I don't suppose it is known which faction of the Fair Folk owned the forest in question? It might be possible to negotiate with them for answers; you know, an exchange of stories, as it were..."

Anja wrote:The old Hermetic considered then he nodded.
"It should not do any harm, and while it might nto cleanse the Resinance of our biggest ritual chamber but it might change it. I will allow the working but yes I do believe my apprentice would want to be present for it so wait until he is back on his feet."
He said with a concerned look in his eyes then he sigh.
"I know Adley is in the best of hands but...I wish I had the time to sit with him through this."
He nodded, "Adley will be fine. As will his, hm, son. I have faith in that, at least."
He pondered, "The ashes should be well suited for creating a permanent object, at least - though any stone generated from it will likely have a... somewhat unsettling aura, considering the lack of filtering."

Anja wrote:"They are more human than spirits or fae and so easier to understand, they tend to ahve the same wants and desires as humans so we can better understand their motivations, but they are still dangerous and they live in a society that encourage backstabbing and being a douche to one another."
The old Hermetic said with a sigh.
"Just be careful Mr Wainwright and don't let their humanity blind you."
He smiled wryly, "Being human doesn't inherently ennoble them... The most abusive Nephandi, the most callous Technocrat, that Nestlé CEO who refuted water as a human right, they're all human, but far from the best of humanity. Vampires... are predators by necessity; they have a little more of an uphill battle to embrace the nobler aspects of humanity, but it's not out of reach for them..."
He paused, glancing at Morgan with an arched eyebrow, "Did you just use the word 'douche'? I daresay your apprentices have been a poor influence on your vocabulary over the years."

((OOC: Where'd everyone disappear to over the weekend? Y'all there?))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:06 pm

[Going to the Villa]

Colin pondered, "Who knows, indeed... Maybe some brave Mage could inquire, at least. Hum... I don't suppose it is known which faction of the Fair Folk owned the forest in question? It might be possible to negotiate with them for answers; you know, an exchange of stories, as it were..."

"It was the Summer Court I believe, a living, thriving forest, but beyond that I don't know, and such a deal would be even more dangerous than dealing with a vampire."
Jeffry said with a frown.
"I would be hesitent to take such a risk even with the benefit the return of a Founder would be to the Order."

He nodded, "Adley will be fine. As will his, hm, son. I have faith in that, at least."

Jeffry gaved a concerned smile and a nod at that.
"I hope you are right Mr Wainwright and indeed it would be a son...of sorts."

He pondered, "The ashes should be well suited for creating a permanent object, at least - though any stone generated from it will likely have a... somewhat unsettling aura, considering the lack of filtering."

"It would likely be static and entropic indeed."
The Chief said.
"But it should not be dangerous I believe."

He smiled wryly, "Being human doesn't inherently ennoble them... The most abusive Nephandi, the most callous Technocrat, that Nestlé CEO who refuted water as a human right, they're all human, but far from the best of humanity. Vampires... are predators by necessity; they have a little more of an uphill battle to embrace the nobler aspects of humanity, but it's not out of reach for them..."

"You Misunderstand my meaning Mr Wainwright, I am not saying that they are kinder since they have been human but their minds will be less...alien. A vamprie will understand what being human means, a fay or a spirit will not, some Nephandi have lost the perspective but most of them at least understand the human perspective, it is not a matter of morality in this matter but rather the ability to understand. A completely alien mind makes for the potential for very dangerous misunderstandings."
The old Hermetic said as he took a turn towards the suburbs.

He paused, glancing at Morgan with an arched eyebrow, "Did you just use the word 'douche'? I daresay your apprentices have been a poor influence on your vocabulary over the years."

"Yes...it seam they have."
Jeffry said blushing a bit.
"Well language is a living thing, it change and evolve and we as living beings have to change and evolve with it to make meaning of it."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:43 am

[Briefing, 2.15]

Anja wrote:"And you assume the man will just stand there and let me shoot ten tranqs at him? And the thing is he will go down eventually but it takes time, time where he can create allot of problems for us."
Fran replied with a shake of her head.

"That was me exaggerating. Not exactly ten tranqs. Just multiple at the same time." Serge replied, "And even if he doesn't go down immediately it's still better than getting into a street brawl with him."

Anja wrote:"Yes he really would at least for a while."
Ryan said with a chuckle.
"Yes well that is one thing I suspect but do remember Mr Yager that frogs can not draw."
Amadeus replied.

"But frogs can think. And that's all I need. Basically drawing in my mind." Serge said with a chuckle.

(OOC: Still here. Just waiting for Nicole)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:05 am

[Briefing, 2.15]

"That was me exaggerating. Not exactly ten tranqs. Just multiple at the same time." Serge replied, "And even if he doesn't go down immediately it's still better than getting into a street brawl with him."

"Perhaps but Nicole's idea of shooting him in the gut when a sand back might be better kid, most things will go down if you hit them hard enough in the gut, then we can put him to sleep with drugs."
Fran replied.

"But frogs can think. And that's all I need. Basically drawing in my mind." Serge said with a chuckle.

"Ah...you immagine yourself to become a spell slinging magick frog then young man?"
Amadeus asked sounding amused.

(OOC: She said she had some real life issues this week, real life happens. I think perhaps she have allot to do at work.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:38 am

[Boston, 8.30]

Anja's Post:

'I see. But what about others? Like all them folks in the sickbay right now?'

[Briefing, 2.15]

Serge's Post:

'Problem is, even a disturbance like a door-rattle can screw things up, if they're like at a delicate part.' Nicole replied. 'It's why I always have tunes on in the shop when working.'

Anja's Post:

'It ain't like an either-or option, sir. But not important now.'

Anja's Post:

Nicole nodded to this. 'Who's going to brief him?'

Anja's Post:

'Might be, sir. What happens if the city is like, due snow or something?' the Etherite replied, pulling up the weather site. 'Well, it ain't. Cloud with chance of rain.'

'So... we all load into the transport, head across the city to the club. Van first; we'll want that to be closest to the access door-' the projected screen showing a satellite image of the club and surrounds, a red box with a V in it appearing by the loading-bay. '-suggest car parks a little way off so it ain't in the way.' making a box with C on it nearby. 'We'll need to fix that camera-' switching to the camera feeds and circling the one showing the rear parking lot '-so they don't see us pull up, like. We get out, play "lookie here". Now there's an idea - we simply claim we're making a delivery to the club and insist whoever we're talking to comes out to look. Doing that is like easier, 'cos don't have to hack the camera. Just need to make sure most of us stay out of sight.'

'What non-lethal methods to we have taking folks down? How long do your tranqs take to kick in?' looking to Fran.

[Lame pun award goes to Warp. And I was working.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:40 am

[Boston, 8.30]

I see. But what about others? Like all them folks in the sickbay right now?'

"The kinfolk? They are lesser Awakened so they are not sleepers."
Helena said.
"Which is nice so they don't give our healers Dox when they work on them...ah right down here...that house over there it should be a place to park around that corner."
The Hermetic said and sh pointed at a old, decripid looking building.

[Briefing, 2.15]

'Problem is, even a disturbance like a door-rattle can screw things up, if they're like at a delicate part.' Nicole replied. 'It's why I always have tunes on in the shop when working.'

"Miss Bouchard is right, and while I recomend everyone train to be able to keep focus through disturbances but most do not have such training and something that make you jump can foil a ritual or make the ritualist loose control."
Jeffry replied with a nod.

It ain't like an either-or option, sir. But not important now.'

"Agreed but yes we can discuss possible changes to how the ritual rooms are handeled at a later time."
The Chief agreed.

Nicole nodded to this. 'Who's going to brief him?'

"Brief him about what Miss Bouchard, I have told Mr Riez to take care of security while we are in Seattle and that we might be teleporting back, was there anything else you felt he needed to know?"
Jeffry asked looking a bit confused.
"If you are talking about asking him to find space that is not there for new prisoners not to have to share a room then feel free to do so yourself."

'Might be, sir. What happens if the city is like, due snow or something?' the Etherite replied, pulling up the weather site. 'Well, it ain't. Cloud with chance of rain.'

"Why would snow matter Miss Bouchard unless it is a snowstorm of such domensions one can not traverse the town it should not be relevant, snow and cold weather happens we should be warm enouh in the car."
The old Hermetic replied raising en eyebrow.

So... we all load into the transport, head across the city to the club. Van first; we'll want that to be closest to the access door-' the projected screen showing a satellite image of the club and surrounds, a red box with a V in it appearing by the loading-bay. '-suggest car parks a little way off so it ain't in the way.' making a box with C on it nearby. 'We'll need to fix that camera-' switching to the camera feeds and circling the one showing the rear parking lot '-so they don't see us pull up, like. We get out, play "lookie here". Now there's an idea - we simply claim we're making a delivery to the club and insist whoever we're talking to comes out to look. Doing that is like easier, 'cos don't have to hack the camera. Just need to make sure most of us stay out of sight.'

"That is a good idea, posing as delivery pepole might work to draw this bouncer to us."
Jeffry said with an approving nod.
"I will take care of the camera."
Jon chimed in and Helena nodded.
"Yes the van first and then the car...the driving and parking arangements seam fine...now what will we claim to be delivering?"
The ice maga said.
"Torture equipment...I mean it is sold...and you would not want the bartender you just hired or someone to handle that package..."
Jon offered with a shrug.
"So you want us to show up being all.
"Hey we have these totally non suspicious torture devices we are delivering from oh my god please stop dot com?"
Fran asked and Jon grinned.
"Exactly."

'What non-lethal methods to we have taking folks down? How long do your tranqs take to kick in?' looking to Fran.

"Thirthy seconds if we are lucky."
Fran said.
"Other than that well magic, knocking someone out, Serge here messing with their minds, that sort of things."

(OOC: Warp have a private cell in bad pun jail.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:49 pm

[Briefing, 2.15]
Nicole wrote:'Might be, sir. What happens if the city is like, due snow or something?' the Etherite replied, pulling up the weather site. 'Well, it ain't. Cloud with chance of rain.'
Anja wrote:"Why would snow matter Miss Bouchard unless it is a snowstorm of such domensions one can not traverse the town it should not be relevant, snow and cold weather happens we should be warm enouh in the car."
The old Hermetic replied raising en eyebrow.
Colin nodded, "It's a relevant concern, Sir. Our comfort is not at issue, but sudden snowfall is, well... let's just say that not everyone is as adept at navigating suddenly slick roads as most New Englanders. Granted, Washingtonians should be mostly fine, but snow would mean we'd have to assume slow traffic. Doubly so if there were tourists from, say, southern California or Texas, where snow is somewhat more alien to daily life..."

Jeremy wrote:"But frogs can think. And that's all I need. Basically drawing in my mind." Serge said with a chuckle.
Anja wrote:"Ah...you immagine yourself to become a spell slinging magick frog then young man?"
He grinned, "Hello, my baby, hello, my honey, hello, my ragtime gal... You'd look smashing in a top hat."

[Going to the Villa]
Anja wrote:"It was the Summer Court I believe, a living, thriving forest, but beyond that I don't know, and such a deal would be even more dangerous than dealing with a vampire."
Jeffry said with a frown.
"I would be hesitent to take such a risk even with the benefit the return of a Founder would be to the Order."
He nodded, "Exchanging stories of things that have happened, to learn the Fair Folk's view of the Founder's fate, is one thing... I'd be vastly more hesitant to learn what they would consider a fair exchange for getting him back."

Anja wrote:"You Misunderstand my meaning Mr Wainwright, I am not saying that they are kinder since they have been human but their minds will be less...alien. A vamprie will understand what being human means, a fay or a spirit will not, some Nephandi have lost the perspective but most of them at least understand the human perspective, it is not a matter of morality in this matter but rather the ability to understand. A completely alien mind makes for the potential for very dangerous misunderstandings."
The old Hermetic said as he took a turn towards the suburbs.
He nodded, "I think we're on the same wavelength, so to speak."

Anja wrote:"Yes...it seam they have."
Jeffry said blushing a bit.
"Well language is a living thing, it change and evolve and we as living beings have to change and evolve with it to make meaning of it."
He chuckled, "Well, not all novel terms should be as enthusiastically embraced, I think. Some older contemptuous epithets have far more enjoyable impact these days owing to their relatively rare use."

((OOC: Less of a private cell, and more of a regular room, really. The frequent flyer bonuses are astonishing.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:49 pm

[Briefing, 2.15]

Colin nodded, "It's a relevant concern, Sir. Our comfort is not at issue, but sudden snowfall is, well... let's just say that not everyone is as adept at navigating suddenly slick roads as most New Englanders. Granted, Washingtonians should be mostly fine, but snow would mean we'd have to assume slow traffic. Doubly so if there were tourists from, say, southern California or Texas, where snow is somewhat more alien to daily life..."

"Fair enough Mr Wainwright, but we should have enough here who know how to drive on a snowy road."
Jeffry replied.
"But yes I guess very unfavorable weather might slow us down slightly, then again weather can be changed, it is a reason why the Verbena call Forces the Art of Winds."
He said and Amadeus nodded approvingly at that.

He grinned, "Hello, my baby, hello, my honey, hello, my ragtime gal... You'd look smashing in a top hat."

The old Verbena chuckle at that.

[Going to the Villa]

He nodded, "Exchanging stories of things that have happened, to learn the Fair Folk's view of the Founder's fate, is one thing... I'd be vastly more hesitant to learn what they would consider a fair exchange for getting him back."

"The problem Mr Wainwright is that with fae things are not always neat and logical, for example simple directions to the nearest gas station might cost you your first born child, but a king's randsom in jewels might cost a simple cup of good tea or a story, that is what makes fae dangerous to deal with, asking what they think of the Founder or finding out if he lives might cost more than his freedom, and there is always something hidden, you ahve to be most careful with the wording of any deals lest you be trapped by the fair folk."
The old Hermetic warned in a grave tone of voice.

He nodded, "I think we're on the same wavelength, so to speak."

Jeffry just nodded at that.

He chuckled, "Well, not all novel terms should be as enthusiastically embraced, I think. Some older contemptuous epithets have far more enjoyable impact these days owing to their relatively rare use."

"True enough then again that particular term seam apt enough referring to something both uncomfortable and embarashing an apt word for someone that are in your disvfavor indeed."
The old Hermetic said as he turned the car and drove up the small road that went to the villa.
"Well we are here."
He said before he stopped before the old building. You saw Uncle Willard heading over to see who was coming the angle relaxed when he saw you and Jeffry though and he gave a salute and left.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:12 pm

[Briefing, 2.15]
Anja wrote:"Fair enough Mr Wainwright, but we should have enough here who know how to drive on a snowy road."
Jeffry replied.
"But yes I guess very unfavorable weather might slow us down slightly, then again weather can be changed, it is a reason why the Verbena call Forces the Art of Winds."
He said and Amadeus nodded approvingly at that.
Colin smiled wryly, "Our drivers were never in question, but I'm sure even you have noticed how the percentage of reckless idiots on the roads seems to spike just after the first snow each year?"

[Going to the Villa]
Anja wrote:"The problem Mr Wainwright is that with fae things are not always neat and logical, for example simple directions to the nearest gas station might cost you your first born child, but a king's randsom in jewels might cost a simple cup of good tea or a story, that is what makes fae dangerous to deal with, asking what they think of the Founder or finding out if he lives might cost more than his freedom, and there is always something hidden, you ahve to be most careful with the wording of any deals lest you be trapped by the fair folk."
The old Hermetic warned in a grave tone of voice.
He nodded, "Hence why I said 'exchange of stories'. From what I've gleaned from stories and folklore, telling a Fae a story in exchange for them telling one in return is among the safest exchanges, because it's the closest thing to an equal trade they get. I'll admit, I could have misread the inferences, and what sort of story the Fae in question might enjoy will greatly impact the value of the narrative, but it's generally a good choice, alongside some good, home-made delicacies. Of course, just reading from a storybook won't do, you have to either relate the story from memory, or come up with it on the fly... hum, Serge would probably excel at it, come to think of it, if the Fair Folk weren't likely to try to eat him alive..."

Anja wrote:"True enough then again that particular term seam apt enough referring to something both uncomfortable and embarashing an apt word for someone that are in your disvfavor indeed."
The old Hermetic said as he turned the car and drove up the small road that went to the villa.
"Well we are here."
He said before he stopped before the old building. You saw Uncle Willard heading over to see who was coming the angle relaxed when he saw you and Jeffry though and he gave a salute and left.
He nodded and looked outside, returning the salute, "Uncle Willard is still patrolling, good... hum, I wonder if he might be able to provide a lead to the elusive security chief? Depends on which of the Nephandi from the Labyrinth had compromised him..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:49 pm

[Briefing, 2.15]

Colin smiled wryly, "Our drivers were never in question, but I'm sure even you have noticed how the percentage of reckless idiots on the roads seems to spike just after the first snow each year?"

"I can not say I have noticed that Mr Wainwright however as it is not snowing in Sattle at the moment this is a moot point."
Jeffry said and he raised an eyebrow.

[Going to the Villa]

He nodded, "Hence why I said 'exchange of stories'. From what I've gleaned from stories and folklore, telling a Fae a story in exchange for them telling one in return is among the safest exchanges, because it's the closest thing to an equal trade they get. I'll admit, I could have misread the inferences, and what sort of story the Fae in question might enjoy will greatly impact the value of the narrative, but it's generally a good choice, alongside some good, home-made delicacies. Of course, just reading from a storybook won't do, you have to either relate the story from memory, or come up with it on the fly... hum, Serge would probably excel at it, come to think of it, if the Fair Folk weren't likely to try to eat him alive..."

"It is a commone way to deal with fae in myths, at least some fae, not all of them are the same, even so you need to be careful for your offer can be twisted, so you offer them a story, perhaps they will want to...affect your life until you have a proper story to tell. Like I said Mr Wainwright these beings are alien, they way they think are alien."
The Chief said.
"As for Mr Yager the fae would love him, the problem is they would love him to much I would worry about him being kidnapped and I would hate to have to break the Code to protect a Chantry member by forcefully take him back from the fae."
He said with a frown.

He nodded and looked outside, returning the salute, "Uncle Willard is still patrolling, good... hum, I wonder if he might be able to provide a lead to the elusive security chief? Depends on which of the Nephandi from the Labyrinth had compromised him..."

Uncle willard is a dutiful being, but yes it depend on which Nephandi tried to control him...it is worth to ask him at least to see what he might be able to do about finding this lost Nephanda."
Jeffry said as he parked in front of the villa and got out.
"We might as well as him now before we enter, I will call him back here, unless you want to speak witht he Messassa while I talk with our guardian my good man?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:29 pm

[Briefing, 2.15]

Anja wrote:"Perhaps but Nicole's idea of shooting him in the gut when a sand back might be better kid, most things will go down if you hit them hard enough in the gut, then we can put him to sleep with drugs."
Fran replied.

"Eh, whatever works. You guys are gonna be the ones to do it." Serge said with a shrug.

Anja wrote:"Ah...you immagine yourself to become a spell slinging magick frog then young man?"
Colin wrote:He grinned, "Hello, my baby, hello, my honey, hello, my ragtime gal... You'd look smashing in a top hat."

"Send me a kiss by wire....." Serge replied amusingly, shaking his head along to the imaginary melody. "Loved watching that song on Looney Tunes. Hehehe, funny dancing frog."

Nicole wrote:'Problem is, even a disturbance like a door-rattle can screw things up, if they're like at a delicate part.' Nicole replied. 'It's why I always have tunes on in the shop when working.'
Anja wrote:"Miss Bouchard is right, and while I recomend everyone train to be able to keep focus through disturbances but most do not have such training and something that make you jump can foil a ritual or make the ritualist loose control."
Jeffry replied with a nod.

"Guess I've just gotten lucky then." Serge mused. "I was technically practicing luck spells around that time as well. That probably had something to do with it."

Nicole wrote:'So... we all load into the transport, head across the city to the club. Van first; we'll want that to be closest to the access door-' the projected screen showing a satellite image of the club and surrounds, a red box with a V in it appearing by the loading-bay. '-suggest car parks a little way off so it ain't in the way.' making a box with C on it nearby. 'We'll need to fix that camera-' switching to the camera feeds and circling the one showing the rear parking lot '-so they don't see us pull up, like. We get out, play "lookie here". Now there's an idea - we simply claim we're making a delivery to the club and insist whoever we're talking to comes out to look. Doing that is like easier, 'cos don't have to hack the camera. Just need to make sure most of us stay out of sight.'
Anja wrote:"That is a good idea, posing as delivery pepole might work to draw this bouncer to us."
Jeffry said with an approving nod.
"I will take care of the camera."
Jon chimed in and Helena nodded.
"Yes the van first and then the car...the driving and parking arangements seam fine...now what will we claim to be delivering?"
The ice maga said.
"Torture equipment...I mean it is sold...and you would not want the bartender you just hired or someone to handle that package..."
Jon offered with a shrug.
"So you want us to show up being all.
"Hey we have these totally non suspicious torture devices we are delivering from oh my god please stop dot com?"
Fran asked and Jon grinned.
"Exactly."

"Claim to who? The random bouncer we see outside? And why would he check a mysterious delivery anyways? Is that even in his job description. Wouldn't he just contact the manager to confirm the delivery? And Don't places like that usually have designated receivers for deliveries?" Serge said, seeming skeptical about the sudden change in plans. "And what if whoever we talk to does get some other random employee to come check? What would we do then? Knock out the random sleeper?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:23 pm

[Briefing, 2.15]

"Eh, whatever works. You guys are gonna be the ones to do it." Serge said with a shrug.

"Whatever works indeed kid but having a plan in advance is a boon non the less."
Fran commented.

"Send me a kiss by wire....." Serge replied amusingly, shaking his head along to the imaginary melody. "Loved watching that song on Looney Tunes. Hehehe, funny dancing frog."

Amadeus just grinned and shook his head over the Cultist.

"Guess I've just gotten lucky then." Serge mused. "I was technically practicing luck spells around that time as well. That probably had something to do with it."

"Well thank the gods for small favors."
Jeffry said with a sigh.
"Well no harm done thus far young man but stop randomnly walking into ritual chambers at the Chantry please."
The old Hermetic said a bit of sternness in his voice.

"Claim to who? The random bouncer we see outside?

"Yes."
Jon replied simply.
"Or maid or other worker, whoever opens the door when we knock."

And why would he check a mysterious delivery anyways? Is that even in his job description.

"If this guy is a ghoul he is not a regular bouncer, he wis the vampire's personal servant and as his mistress is a supernatural crature who run a snuff film emporium I suspect mysterious packages is a rather common thing around there."
Herietta replied.

Wouldn't he just contact the manager to confirm the delivery?

"Again he is working for a supernatural snuff movie maker I doubt he would want to check with any managers aboutt he content of packages and rather check them himself."
The hedge witch said.

And Don't places like that usually have designated receivers for deliveries?" Serge said, seeming skeptical about the sudden change in plans

"Such paperwork is very easy to hack and falsify."
Jon said.
"And like Miss Day said this place is likely to get allot of shady packages where the last thing one want is a digetal paper trail, remember what Lilyandra do for a living."

"And what if whoever we talk to does get some other random employee to come check? What would we do then? Knock out the random sleeper?"

"Yes we will knock out the random sleeper indeed however if we indicate this delivery is of an illegal sort then likely it will not be a random person gathering it but rather someone in the know."
Henerietta said with a shrug.
"I mean we do not torture pepole to death for a living but we get plenty of deliveries we would not want sleepers seeing, remember the regular club is just a cover."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:16 pm

[Going to the Villa]
Anja wrote:"It is a commone way to deal with fae in myths, at least some fae, not all of them are the same, even so you need to be careful for your offer can be twisted, so you offer them a story, perhaps they will want to...affect your life until you have a proper story to tell. Like I said Mr Wainwright these beings are alien, they way they think are alien."
The Chief said.
"As for Mr Yager the fae would love him, the problem is they would love him to much I would worry about him being kidnapped and I would hate to have to break the Code to protect a Chantry member by forcefully take him back from the fae."
He said with a frown.
Colin frowned, looking out the window and up at the sky, "Oh, no need to worry too much about the Code... might worry a bit about how to explain what happened to the moon, though. Let's just say we have access to a fairly large scrapyard worth of iron, and teleporting small chunks to a point in sight isn't anywhere near as hard as pinpointing something I only know where is, relatively speaking... I'm not sure the Fair Folk would wish to risk orbital bombardment."

Anja wrote:Uncle willard is a dutiful being, but yes it depend on which Nephandi tried to control him...it is worth to ask him at least to see what he might be able to do about finding this lost Nephanda."
Jeffry said as he parked in front of the villa and got out.
"We might as well as him now before we enter, I will call him back here, unless you want to speak witht he Messassa while I talk with our guardian my good man?"
He paused, "Might as well save time... I'm not having a long conversation with Mr. AmelĂ­, just retrieving his corvid to ensure it is well. See you at the well?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:27 am

[Boston, 8.30]

Anja's Post:

'"Lesser Awakened"?' Nicole echoed, rolling her eyes somewhat, as coming off the Pike back onto regular streets was easier said than done...

[Don't mind the journey taking a little longer, as Nick's taking this as an opportunity to find out what others think about Kinfolk. Asking Helena increases "compartmentalisation"; for if someone works out she's been asking a dozen different folks they might start wondering why...]

[Briefing, 2.15]

Anja's Post:

Nicole left it at that; the sheer unprofessionalism of well, everyone was getting on her nerves. And knowing that when that happened, she had a tendency to start burying her large boots into people's backsides.

Anja's Post:

'And with no coats? We would like, stand out sir. Then folks realise you don't "belong".'

Colin's Post:

'And you say that like it's a bad thing.' the Etherite complained with a smirk only one with a vested interest in seeing auto accidents increase could give.

Anja's Post:

'Nah, that shit's done "discreetly", like. We're going as party supplies folk, so some form of, well party supplies seems most obvious.' Nicole replied. 'This method is most likely to draw out not the bouncer, but the club manager. There's delivery screw-ups all the time so having a random one turn up without warning will be... kinda like a unsurprising surprise, if that makes sense. So the manager will either come out and check the cargo or even better, open up the doors and let us all in.'

'Question is, do them deliver on Sundays?' going back to the company's website, seeing if they did break the Sabbath...

Serge's Post:

'He's got a point. Any chance of hacking the club's expected delivery list so we can pretend to be one really due on Monday or something? After all, at least we'd be "expected" cargo-wise, if not time-wise. Trojan delivery service.'

Anja's Post:

'What's more, it allows us to work out possible backups if the plan falls apart.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:16 am

[Going to the Villa]

Colin frowned, looking out the window and up at the sky, "Oh, no need to worry too much about the Code... might worry a bit about how to explain what happened to the moon, though. Let's just say we have access to a fairly large scrapyard worth of iron, and teleporting small chunks to a point in sight isn't anywhere near as hard as pinpointing something I only know where is, relatively speaking... I'm not sure the Fair Folk would wish to risk orbital bombardment."

"Well let us try to keep the moon intact we sort of need it and we would make powerful enemies if we harm it but yes, I will not let anyone harm a member of Steelhaven if I can avoid it so if the fae takes Mr Yager, they will regret it the Code be damned."
Jeffry muttered then he shrugged.
"Teleporting iron to the moon might not help, Arcadia is tried to the moon but it is a spiritual realm, and hitting an induvidual fae with a old horseshot might be a bit hard across the realms."

He paused, "Might as well save time... I'm not having a long conversation with Mr. AmelĂ­, just retrieving his corvid to ensure it is well. See you at the well?"

"Very well, I will see you in a little while then Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said and he pulled out a wand and a small engraved disc with Uncle Willard's sigil on it.
"I will come down to the basement once I have spoken with Uncle Willard, or was you thinking you speka with the angle and I go and draw some Quintessence from the Node in the meantime?"

[Boston, 8.30]

'"Lesser Awakened"?' Nicole echoed, rolling her eyes somewhat, as coming off the Pike back onto regular streets was easier said than done...

"Indeed those who are stuck between being Awakened and sleeping, those who have a few tricks but have not completely become a supernatural creature."
Fran replied with a shrug as she looked out the window. Helena nodded as well.
"The term is not meant to look down on someone, it just means those who are a bit supernatural but have not gone all out."

Briefing, 2.15]

And with no coats? We would like, stand out sir. Then folks realise you don't "belong".'

"Miss Bouchard we are mages, if the weather call for coats, getting some coats is not a big problem."
Jeffry said raising an eyebrow.

'Nah, that shit's done "discreetly", like. We're going as party supplies folk, so some form of, well party supplies seems most obvious.' Nicole replied. 'This method is most likely to draw out not the bouncer, but the club manager. There's delivery screw-ups all the time so having a random one turn up without warning will be... kinda like a unsurprising surprise, if that makes sense. So the manager will either come out and check the cargo or even better, open up the doors and let us all in.'

'Question is, do them deliver on Sundays?' going back to the company's website, seeing if they did break the Sabbath...

You notice several local party supply stores did deliver on Sundays due to parties often being held on days of.
"Then again our more unusual deliveries are nto always hidden as party supplies or anything else."
Fran said.
"Sometimes we just get a delivery from someone in a car."

'He's got a point. Any chance of hacking the club's expected delivery list so we can pretend to be one really due on Monday or something? After all, at least we'd be "expected" cargo-wise, if not time-wise. Trojan delivery service.'

"Yes I can take care of that."
Jon said he tapped at his tablet for a while.
"Hum...there seam to be a delivery of glasses for the bar expected on Monday for example."
He muttered looking at the screen.

What's more, it allows us to work out possible backups if the plan falls apart.'

"That as well."
Fran agreed with a nod.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:35 am

[Briefing, 2.15]
Nicole wrote:'And with no coats? We would like, stand out sir. Then folks realise you don't "belong".'
Anja wrote:"Miss Bouchard we are mages, if the weather call for coats, getting some coats is not a big problem."
Jeffry said raising an eyebrow.
Colin shrugged, "Besides, I'm given to understand the people of Seattle are about as likely to give a toss about the weather as Bostonites. Seattle is a harbour city, just like we are; people's discomfort thresholds will get pretty high after a while."

Nicole wrote:'And you say that like it's a bad thing.' the Etherite complained with a smirk only one with a vested interest in seeing auto accidents increase could give.
He frowned, "I have no real objections to idiots endangering themselves and their own property - that's just a harsh learning experience in this case. I do object to idiocy that endangers others. There's a difference between a small dent in the bumper, and someone hitting a patch of ice and skidding into oncoming traffic at thirty miles per hour."

[Going to the Villa]
Anja wrote:"Well let us try to keep the moon intact we sort of need it and we would make powerful enemies if we harm it but yes, I will not let anyone harm a member of Steelhaven if I can avoid it so if the fae takes Mr Yager, they will regret it the Code be damned."
Jeffry muttered then he shrugged.
"Teleporting iron to the moon might not help, Arcadia is tried to the moon but it is a spiritual realm, and hitting an induvidual fae with a old horseshot might be a bit hard across the realms."
He smiled coldly, "Who said anything about precision strikes? Do you honestly think they would call the bluff about carpet bombing the entire realm in response to the abduction of our precious child?"

Anja wrote:"Very well, I will see you in a little while then Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said and he pulled out a wand and a small engraved disc with Uncle Willard's sigil on it.
"I will come down to the basement once I have spoken with Uncle Willard, or was you thinking you speka with the angle and I go and draw some Quintessence from the Node in the meantime?"
He shook his head, climbing out of the car, "I'll get the bird, and I can get started on scooping out the stones after if you need more time than I do. You're far better than I am with spirits, in any case. And you have the personal tools for it, too."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:06 pm

[Briefing, 2.15]

Colin shrugged, "Besides, I'm given to understand the people of Seattle are about as likely to give a toss about the weather as Bostonites. Seattle is a harbour city, just like we are; people's discomfort thresholds will get pretty high after a while."

Jeffry just nodded his agreement to that with a wry smile on his face, Horizon had much warmer weather than Boston and so did Mus he himself felt a bit...cold at times though he seldom complained.

[Going to the Villa]

He smiled coldly, "Who said anything about precision strikes? Do you honestly think they would call the bluff about carpet bombing the entire realm in response to the abduction of our precious child?"

"It would make it uncomfortable for them yes...if you could get the combing into Arcadia, just carpent bombing the physical moon is not going to do that much, though the Gauntlet would be ridiculously thin in a place with no seepers."
The old Hermetic said.

He shook his head, climbing out of the car, "I'll get the bird, and I can get started on scooping out the stones after if you need more time than I do. You're far better than I am with spirits, in any case. And you have the personal tools for it, too."

"Yes I got Uncle Willard's symbol created as a physical tool once the spirit agreed to aid us with his service."
The Chief said then he nodded.
"Very well I will speak with our guardian and you get the bird then. I will see you in a few minutes Mr Wainwright."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:22 pm

[Going to the Villa]
Anja wrote:"Yes I got Uncle Willard's symbol created as a physical tool once the spirit agreed to aid us with his service."
The Chief said then he nodded.
"Very well I will speak with our guardian and you get the bird then. I will see you in a few minutes Mr Wainwright."
Colin nodded and headed inside, putting on his glasses as he entered the kitchen and started heading into the basement, listening intently for any indication Aldis was conscious...
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 30  Next