Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Terror in Seattle, Shopping Weapons and Cute Little Critters IC Thread 54

4 posters

Page 28 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

Terror in Seattle, Shopping Weapons and Cute Little Critters IC Thread 54 - Page 28 Empty Re: Terror in Seattle, Shopping Weapons and Cute Little Critters IC Thread 54

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:58 am

[Umbrial Seattle, 1.00]

Anja's Post:

'I do fucking accept your definition. It's just that I had to prod for it. What is wrong with the concept of putting the clarification in at the time you use the word so the prodding is not needed, eh?' Nicole shot back. 'Or should we remember to always question you exactly?'

Anja's Post:

Anja's Post:

'But... you already accepted words can become tainted. Now you're basically saying "it may be tainted, but I don't fucking care because I am technically right and if you have a problem, you can go fuck yourself?". That's harsh, and this is coming from... well, me.' tone making it obvious the Etherite had a grudging, slightly disgusted respect for such a view - though Nicole clearly was not a woman who ever really cared what others thought of her or with causing waves.

Anja's Post:

Nicole chuckled at this. 'What, me? Oh, you've never met the real extremists, then on that. I'm just saying to avoid confusion, not to avoid shit because it might hurt somebody's feelings. 'Cos as you point out, something will hurt somebody's feelings somewhere. And sometimes, feelings have to be hurt. Like when I said about us sometimes ending up helping the Union when we clearly don't want to.'

[All the reason to keep Nick around. For she will call stuff out and be truthful even when the senior(s) don't want to hear it. Plus, when you're trying to buck centuries of rules about Fallen mages being 'rehabilitated', combating Lawful Anal investigators with axes to grind and some quite senior asshats, you don't have much of a choice regarding allies, do you?]

[Okay, I'm a bit confused; what parts of Colin's mini-scene has been revealed to Nick? Plus, let's wrap up the 1.00 bit, as the attack is about to start and I only let it linger on due to a lack of other RP.]

[M20 Core pg 62: "What determines this Consensus? Good question. The origin of its laws is just one more subject of debate among mages. What we do know is this: human belief plays a strong role in the shape of the Consensus. And although mages can shift that “water” with our belief, the Sleepers outnumber us millions of times over. Their belief, ultimately, holds more water, so to speak, than our own." (Bolding mine). This statement is somewhat ambigious,, but can be read to back up my theory in the Consensus. Helena's theory holds up because there's no IC evidence to prove her wrong (I think), but that doesn't mean she has been proven right either.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Terror in Seattle, Shopping Weapons and Cute Little Critters IC Thread 54 - Page 28 Empty Re: Terror in Seattle, Shopping Weapons and Cute Little Critters IC Thread 54

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:02 am

[Seattle, 1.30]

Anja wrote:"Your Cabal Leader is very good at talking pepole into doing things Mr Yager but yes we should still be careful. I have every confidence in the man."
Jeffry said and Helena nodded at that before checking the time.
"Get ready we move out soon."
Jeffry said after Helena pointed out the time to him.

Serge nodded at this and re doubled his efforts into his drawing, knowing that the time would soon arrive when it would be put to use.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:56 am

[Seattle, 1.30]

Colin sighed, "Last time around, our group emerged unscathed, but the Prince was most unhappy about all the other collateral casualties, including the vampires visiting the place. This time around, they won't notice a thing before they wake up tonight."

Oda gave a shrug to this she had enough with trying to survive this time line she had no time for other ones.
"It seams you know about at least one such trap then Mr Wainwright."

He smiled thinly, "Some doomsday prophecies are quite useful to read up on. A good prophecy is written as a warning of what will happen if and when certain things happen, unless steps are taken to stop the chain of events. This particular prophecy... I've confirmed it for myself; the plots in motion will lead to the worst possible outcome if we fail to prevent it. So we won't fail, whatever the cost."
Looking down at the manhole covers, he muttered, "And I wish we'd brought Bruce, now..."

"Listen Mr Wainwright, I have to live each day trying to stave of disaster in my own life which can happen at any time, I have no time to worry about grand turns of fate nor am I in any position to do much about it if I where."
The Orphan said with a shrug. Noting where you where looking though she asked.
"Do you need the man hole cover to be lighter?"

[Umbrial Seattle, 1.00]

I do fucking accept your definition. It's just that I had to prod for it. What is wrong with the concept of putting the clarification in at the time you use the word so the prodding is not needed, eh?' Nicole shot back. 'Or should we remember to always question you exactly?'

"What is wrong with Nicole is that I was not writing a book, I was talking about a thing I do in my own life and it should be pretty clear how the word was used. The same as if you take your female dog to the vet the should not need to be any explination when she is referred to a seven year old, fixed, poodle bitch. When I speak of something I do in my life then yes if something is unclear then it is your job to ask."
Fran shot back.

'But... you already accepted words can become tainted. Now you're basically saying "it may be tainted, but I don't fucking care because I am technically right and if you have a problem, you can go fuck yourself?". That's harsh, and this is coming from... well, me.' tone making it obvious the Etherite had a grudging, slightly disgusted respect for such a view - though Nicole clearly was not a woman who ever really cared what others thought of her or with causing waves.

"Again we are back to the problem of any fucking work can be and probably is tainted for some person Nicole, that means we are left with using no language at all, or do you think we should stop and explain every word used? "I mean then we would end up speaking like this I...reffering to myself, was...just meaning it was in the past...out...meaning I was outside my apartment...walking...using my legs and I just mean it as a mode of transportation and not as an abelist statement...to...where I was going...and so on and so , it would take a hour to say anything if you had to define every word."
The Euthanathos said.
"One have some responsibility in knowing how a word is being used and looking for the context in which it was used. If I go to a Jewish spiritual meeting I am goign to hear the word gilgul used without it meaning the same as it do in Mage society and no matter how much the word make me cringe. Or for that matter I hate the word assassin as it is thrown in the face of members of my Tradition all the time, but that do not mean I should not expect to know when it is used in the right context and not as a slur about Euthanatoi."

Nicole chuckled at this. 'What, me? Oh, you've never met the real extremists, then on that. I'm just saying to avoid confusion, not to avoid shit because it might hurt somebody's feelings. 'Cos as you point out, something will hurt somebody's feelings somewhere. And sometimes, feelings have to be hurt. Like when I said about us sometimes ending up helping the Union when we clearly don't want to.'

Fran shrugged at that.
"It is not like I judge you or anyone else my whole Tradition are based around killing though we make the judgement of being a trouble for well everyone else to let live so I have no high horse to sit on here...or a little pony either, I jsut made a comment about context. But I will take your word for it that you are not among the most extreme."
The problem is I should not have to explain every word and action, not when speaking about my own life. If I was writing a book or speaking before a crowd that might be different but when I say I practice gratitude for the good things in my life I should not have to explain that, nor do this help the Union in any way. I mean any action, any word might end up hurting someone's feelings due to personal context, one can not explain every wrod one use because no one bother to look at the context."

Serge nodded at this and re doubled his efforts into his drawing, knowing that the time would soon arrive when it would be put to use.

"Are you ready to go yougn man?"
Helena asked Serge as she noticed Colin on his way back to the cars.

(OOC: The cars ideling works for me.)
(OOC 2: There is a saying that one need to pick one's battles and that is very applicabl here, trying to fight the will of superiors to keep an apprentice safe for example is not the same as just being rude and crude to them just to fight authority regardless on whatever or not you think you are right. Now you can do that off course, but actions have consequenses.)
(OOC 3: What Colin directly communicated to Nick since he did call her ont he wolkie talkie as well. But yes let us wrap thigns up and get to the attack.)
(OOC 4: I do not see that your quote there say that mages are a part of the Consensus it say they can affect it which is a given the game have always been about affecting the Consensus but mages have never been actual parts of it.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:31 am

[Seattle, 1.30]
Anja wrote:"Listen Mr Wainwright, I have to live each day trying to stave of disaster in my own life which can happen at any time, I have no time to worry about grand turns of fate nor am I in any position to do much about it if I where."
The Orphan said with a shrug. Noting where you where looking though she asked.
"Do you need the man hole cover to be lighter?"
Colin smiled, "Right now you're playing a bigger part in staving off the worst possible end of the world than you could have ever imagined. To paraphrase a wiser wizard than me, it's not the great heroes who stave off the darkness with force of arms, but the little guys with small acts of kindness every day. The world has all the warriors it needs, but perhaps we need a few more humble hobbits."
He glanced at the manhole cover again, "No, I'll manage, I just wish we'd brought our resident blacksmith, he's better with shaping iron than I am."

[Walky-talkie recap]
Pulling out the walky-talkie from the pocket, he thumbed the button and spoke calmly, but clearly, "We're good, Miss Johansson cooperates. Nick, you're going to have to take down Big Chris; Fae-blood, sworn to Lilyandra, and superhuman strength and speed. Might iron work?"
He added into the walky-talkie, "Big Chris has predilections involving iron shackles, both used on himself and on captured Fae - odds are good those are on the premises. Miss Johansson is taking down her wards now."
Anja wrote:"Wait are you saying Big Chris is fae and he like iron chackles but why...ohhh...."
Helena said over the walkie talkie.
"Do we know what kind of fae he is?"
He smiled wryly, "Why, indeed. And I myself don't know the specific type, only that he's huge, strong, fast, and is apparently stronger for having sworn fealty to Lilyandra. That bit seems significant, though I'm afraid my instructions in Fae lore glossed over that peculiarity."
Anja wrote:"Hum...one moment Mr Wainwright."
Helena said then she was silent for a while disucssing something with the others then she said over the walkie talkie.
"My Pater says it sounds like he might be a troll but he is nto an expert on fae but they do take oats that make them considerably stronger."
He frowned, then replied, "That sounds plausible enough..."

((OOC: Correction, Colin's not running back toward the cars, he called it in and is waiting by the club.))
((OOC2: Mages have a relationship with the Consensus much like Jason Vorhees has a relationship with teenagers, I suppose. Not part of the group, but highly capable of unfluencing it directly...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:53 pm

[Seattle, 1.30]

Colin smiled, "Right now you're playing a bigger part in staving off the worst possible end of the world than you could have ever imagined. To paraphrase a wiser wizard than me, it's not the great heroes who stave off the darkness with force of arms, but the little guys with small acts of kindness every day. The world has all the warriors it needs, but perhaps we need a few more humble hobbits."
He glanced at the manhole cover again, "No, I'll manage, I just wish we'd brought our resident blacksmith, he's better with shaping iron than I am."

Oda shrugged again.
"I am nto doing this to be kind Mr Wainwright, you simply presented a better option for my daugther, a greater chance for her survival and safety."
She said then she ndoded to what you said about the manhole before she headed off.

A short time later Helena showed up with the van to pick Colin up.
"So ar we ready to go then?"
The Hermetic asked once the Orphan was back inside the car.

(OOC: Then I got you, then Helena and the others will head back for him.)
(OOC 2: indeed so and that is quite an example.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:06 pm

[Seattle, 1.30]
Anja wrote:A short time later Helena showed up with the van to pick Colin up.
He nodded, "Hit it."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:12 pm

[Seattle, 1.30]

He nodded, "Hit it."

Helena turned the car around and drove near to the club and parked. Jeffry nodded.
"Very well then, time to move out..you are up Mr Yager."
The old Hermetic said.
"Time to convince this bouncer you and Miss Bouchard work for a delivery company."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:03 am

[Seattle, 1.30]

Anja wrote:"Are you ready to go yougn man?"
Helena asked Serge as she noticed Colin on his way back to the cars.

"Yup." Serge said with a nod, "Just to recap. I'm doing two things. Getting the people in and around the club to leave and not pay attention to the club. And trying to lure Big Chris over to our van so we can get rid of him. In what order is that happening in?"

Anja wrote:A short time later Helena showed up with the van to pick Colin up.

Serge waved to his Cabal Leader as he entered into the Car he was in, not having seen him for the entire road trip.

Anja wrote:Helena turned the car around and drove near to the club and parked. Jeffry nodded.
"Very well then, time to move out..you are up Mr Yager."
The old Hermetic said.
"Time to convince this bouncer you and Miss Bouchard work for a delivery company."

"Guess it's my turn to do some talking. Shame it had to be after Mr. Wainwright." the Cultist said as he reached into his pocket and pulled out an unmarked pill bottle. "So trick the Bouncer into believing that Nicole and I work at the deliver company. And then lure him back to the van right?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:49 am

[Umbrial Seattle, 1.00]

Anja's Post:

'And that's your problem. Been shooting at the wrong target. You think me, of all people would tell you to be politer, to not hurt people's feelings so much? I think God would come out of retirement and do a lightning bolt on me or something, after the amount of times I've bitched about "tone policing" and all that shit.'

Anja's Posts:

'Hurrah, you've won the debate... against the scarecrow and their proposal of never use any language.' Nicole replied, sarcastically. 'Once you get the idea of nuance, that this ain't a binary option perhaps we can come back to this topic later?' with a tone of finality to it.

[Seattle, 1.30]

Colin's Post:

'Take down as in eliminate?' Nicole's voice asked over the radio net. 'And as for iron.. will steel do? And this fae-blood thing, anything I need to know?'

[Thanks for the recap. But continuity error; how *did* Colin get into a full car? Proposed work-around solution; have the conversation via walkie-talkie and have Colin get back into the correct vehicle.]

[Doesn't explictly say it, no. But raises questions; #1: it's "a subject of debate" - mages don't know for sure (so Helena doesn't), #2: "human belief plays a strong role in the shape of the Consensus" - does not say Mages are not human and #3: the "Sleepers outnumber us millions of times over" can mean the Mage 'voting stock' is tiny compared to the mass of Sleepers. Even the White Wolf Wiki page does not 'explicitly' say Mages are not within it. Anyway, 'the Consensus' is basically, reality and Mages are a) within reality, b) shape it and c) accept it (which isn't the same as 'liking it'). By those criteria, it can be argued they are still in it, just 'differently' (perhaps). But let me put it this way - let's say I am right and you're wrong, what is the net result on this game? Absolutely none. This is why I called it 'a philosophical debate for Mages', aka a topic which ultimately has no effect on anything. Therefore, both theories (and others) can happily co-exist, as long as they fit the IC known facts.]

[That may be the view with Nick rude/bluntness, but they're (perhaps) more inclined to cut her some slack as she's 'just dumb muscle'. But Nick's IC conversations have been biased towards those she can 'push a bit harder' on - she has been quieter/politer to the Chief, for example. But you'll get a much better view of Nick's social nuances when we start the Horizon episode.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:37 am

[Umbrial Seattle, 1.00]

And that's your problem. Been shooting at the wrong target. You think me, of all people would tell you to be politer, to not hurt people's feelings so much? I think God would come out of retirement and do a lightning bolt on me or something, after the amount of times I've bitched about "tone policing" and all that shit.'

"You where the one who protested me using the word gratefulness about what I feel about good things in my life Nicole and I have to admit to being suprised as demanding politically correct language do not seam to be you."
Fran replied.

'Hurrah, you've won the debate... against the scarecrow and their proposal of never use any language.' Nicole replied, sarcastically. 'Once you get the idea of nuance, that this ain't a binary option perhaps we can come back to this topic later?' with a tone of finality to it.

"It is the logical conclusion of your statements here Nicole not a scarecrow, if one have to explain every word that someone might have a personal, negative meaning to, that means one have to explain all words...there is not rally much nuance in that."
The Euthanathos said with a frown.
"Or are you suggjesting we should only do this with words you think someone might react negatively to? What should be the standard here? But yes we have things to do let us get back to this lately...preferably over beer."
[Seattle, 1.30]

"Yup." Serge said with a nod, "Just to recap. I'm doing two things. Getting the people in and around the club to leave and not pay attention to the club. And trying to lure Big Chris over to our van so we can get rid of him. In what order is that happening in?"

"Yes that is correct Mr Yager."
Helena confirmed.
"So the first effect you should start now."
She said as she looked out into the wet weather.

"Guess it's my turn to do some talking. Shame it had to be after Mr. Wainwright." the Cultist said as he reached into his pocket and pulled out an unmarked pill bottle. "So trick the Bouncer into believing that Nicole and I work at the deliver company. And then lure him back to the van right?"

"Yes that is correct, be aware though Mr Wainwright believe this bouncer is of fae blood so he will be dangerous."
Jeffry said wit a concerned frown.
"But the idea is your and Miss Bouchard try to lure him to the car and then we can deal with him away from the club itself."

'Take down as in eliminate?' Nicole's voice asked over the radio net. 'And as for iron.. will steel do? And this fae-blood thing, anything I need to know?'

"Yes take down as in eliminate...and hopefully a non Hermetic will do the eliminating to reduce paper work."
Jeffry replied as Helena handed him the walkie talkie which he seamed more comfortable with than phones..
"I do not believe steel will do if he is a changeling and not true fae...as for anything you need to know he will be superhumanly strong and will be able to work a form of hedge magic and potentially bring his immagination to life. I want him dead as soon as humanly possible."

(OOC: There was room for Colin before he left so there will be room when he come back...he went to the van.)
(OOC 2: Other OOC topics have to wait for later as I need to get my day started.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:32 am

[Seattle, 1.30]

Anja wrote:"Yes that is correct Mr Yager."
Helena confirmed.
"So the first effect you should start now."
She said as she looked out into the wet weather.

"Oh. Ok." Serge said turning his head side to side as if looking for something and then slumping his shoulders. "Kinda of a bummer setting. Cramped in the back of a car. Was hoping for a little more....I dunno. Anyways it doesn't matter. I'll start it now." he muttered quickly brushing that thought off to the side.

Serge closed his eyes for a second and focused his breathing. Deep heavy breaths as he elevated his mind and riled up his stormy imagination that the world had tried so hard to suppress.

He held his drawing, the one he had focused the entire trip on, tight in his hands. On the page it depicted the club in all of its glory, soaking under the heavy Seattle rain.

Here was where the peculiarities of the drawing began. Everything on the page seemed to be attempting to distance itself from the building. People, both employees and pedestrians, exited the or shied away from the building. Their attention drawn elsewhere, clutching cellphones in their hand, shielding themselves from the rain, or succumbing to one of the many turns of fate that would entail there departure. Even litter, natural debris, animals, and even the clouds themselves seem to be moving away from the building. Succumbing to similar bits of fortune.

The message of the drawing was clear. No person, animal, or thing wanted to be near or even look at the building. Not because of any mystical evil repelling them from the building, but rather because fate had decided they had something better to do. That their stories did not concern the club in the slightest.

Serge placed his hand onto the page and let his imagination surge forth, through artwork and into the world around him. Letting his magick orchestrate and create the story he desired.

Anja wrote:"Yes that is correct, be aware though Mr Wainwright believe this bouncer is of fae blood so he will be dangerous."
Jeffry said wit a concerned frown.
"But the idea is your and Miss Bouchard try to lure him to the car and then we can deal with him away from the club itself."

"If he's fae blooded he might be able to sense something special about me. A lot of fae things seem to notice something peculiar about me." Serge commented, "Though I doubt that'll be a significant problem. He probably senses a lot of creative types in his line of work. Seeing another dreamer being crushed under the weight of a low paying job probably isn't too interesting for him."

(OOC: Using Storyteller's Scenario using the artwork Serge was working on. The scenario is that everyone in the surrounding area, both pedestrians and employees of the club, attempt to leave the club or ignore it entirely.

I get -2 difficulty due to an earlier Art+Dex roll. This will be an extended roll. This is the first time Serge has cast this spell so he's trying really hard to put his everything into this.

Arete Roll: 10, 1, 5, 7 - 6, 4, 10, 1 - 4, 9, 2, 3 - 1, 3, 6, 5 - 9, 10, 7, 4)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:15 am

[Seattle, 1.30]

"Oh. Ok." Serge said turning his head side to side as if looking for something and then slumping his shoulders. "Kinda of a bummer setting. Cramped in the back of a car. Was hoping for a little more....I dunno. Anyways it doesn't matter. I'll start it now." he muttered quickly brushing that thought off to the side.

Serge closed his eyes for a second and focused his breathing. Deep heavy breaths as he elevated his mind and riled up his stormy imagination that the world had tried so hard to suppress.

He held his drawing, the one he had focused the entire trip on, tight in his hands. On the page it depicted the club in all of its glory, soaking under the heavy Seattle rain.

Here was where the peculiarities of the drawing began. Everything on the page seemed to be attempting to distance itself from the building. People, both employees and pedestrians, exited the or shied away from the building. Their attention drawn elsewhere, clutching cellphones in their hand, shielding themselves from the rain, or succumbing to one of the many turns of fate that would entail there departure. Even litter, natural debris, animals, and even the clouds themselves seem to be moving away from the building. Succumbing to similar bits of fortune.

The message of the drawing was clear. No person, animal, or thing wanted to be near or even look at the building. Not because of any mystical evil repelling them from the building, but rather because fate had decided they had something better to do. That their stories did not concern the club in the slightest.

Serge placed his hand onto the page and let his imagination surge forth, through artwork and into the world around him. Letting his magick orchestrate and create the story he desired.

You focused on excluding the club frm everyone's story, you notice a pair of woman under umbrellas turn and then head down the street, suddenly remembering something that had to be attended to, the effect was subtle but it seamed like even the lone pidgeon that had been sitting on the club roof decided to be elsewhere at that moment, after all who would want to go close to a closed nightclub when it was pouring down and it was much better to be warm and dry at home. Helena raised an eyebrow and nodded.
"Well done Mr Yager I can feel the effect even here, a subtle desire to be elsewhere."

"If he's fae blooded he might be able to sense something special about me. A lot of fae things seem to notice something peculiar about me." Serge commented, "Though I doubt that'll be a significant problem. He probably senses a lot of creative types in his line of work. Seeing another dreamer being crushed under the weight of a low paying job probably isn't too interesting for him."

"That is a fair point Mr Yager but since as you say creative types who get crushed under the weight of just tyring to survive day to day he will probably not think to much about it...at least we hope he will not. In either case we will keep an eye on you and be ready to offer assistence if anything should go wrong."
Jeffry said with a nod.
"If tings do go wrong focus on getting out of the way, the rest of us will protect you young man."

(OOC: You also get minus one diff for a well described use of foci o that is mroe than enough and the effect go off without a hitch.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:56 pm

[Seattle, 1.30]
Nicole wrote:'Take down as in eliminate?' Nicole's voice asked over the radio net. 'And as for iron.. will steel do? And this fae-blood thing, anything I need to know?'
Anja wrote:"Yes take down as in eliminate...and hopefully a non Hermetic will do the eliminating to reduce paper work."
Jeffry replied as Helena handed him the walkie talkie which he seamed more comfortable with than phones..
"I do not believe steel will do if he is a changeling and not true fae...as for anything you need to know he will be superhumanly strong and will be able to work a form of hedge magic and potentially bring his immagination to life. I want him dead as soon as humanly possible."
Colin frowned and flicked the walky-talkie, "I fear his very nature has deprived us of the option now. He's inhumanly strong and fast, and fiercely loyal; if we could trick him into breaking his oaths, we might have a chance at merely subduing him, but... the man's a monster, even against his own kind, and we can't afford to hold back. Steel won't suffice, you'd think a couple percent carbon wouldn't make a difference, but it does. There are some available manhole covers, and rebar in concrete, that will do the trick, I suppose you could use that in a pinch."

Jeremy wrote:"If he's fae blooded he might be able to sense something special about me. A lot of fae things seem to notice something peculiar about me." Serge commented, "Though I doubt that'll be a significant problem. He probably senses a lot of creative types in his line of work. Seeing another dreamer being crushed under the weight of a low paying job probably isn't too interesting for him."
Anja wrote:"That is a fair point Mr Yager but since as you say creative types who get crushed under the weight of just tyring to survive day to day he will probably not think to much about it...at least we hope he will not. In either case we will keep an eye on you and be ready to offer assistence if anything should go wrong."
Jeffry said with a nod.
"If tings do go wrong focus on getting out of the way, the rest of us will protect you young man."
He frowned, "Best case scenario, he'll be too preoccupied to bother. Worst case, he'll try to keep you and groom you. You may be going in as a more delectable bit of bait than we'd expected... we'll be ready to haul you back to safety."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:22 pm

[Seattle, 1.30]

Colin frowned and flicked the walky-talkie, "I fear his very nature has deprived us of the option now. He's inhumanly strong and fast, and fiercely loyal; if we could trick him into breaking his oaths, we might have a chance at merely subduing him, but... the man's a monster, even against his own kind, and we can't afford to hold back. Steel won't suffice, you'd think a couple percent carbon wouldn't make a difference, but it does. There are some available manhole covers, and rebar in concrete, that will do the trick, I suppose you could use that in a pinch."

"Are you thinking it is to dangerous to let Mr Yager near this man? As for his oaths, the problem is we do not know their exact nature so tricking him into breaking them will be hard."
Jeffry asked.
"Yes the carbon do make a difference, true fae and their decendants are hurt by steel as you have seen with Mara, but with changelings it haveto be iron.."
The old Hermetic said with a frown.
"I can change the shape of the manhole cover if that is of any help, make it into a club, or a dagger, somethign that can be used as a weapon."
Helena offered glancing through the little window to the back to the wan from the driver's seat.

He frowned, "Best case scenario, he'll be too preoccupied to bother. Worst case, he'll try to keep you and groom you. You may be going in as a more delectable bit of bait than we'd expected... we'll be ready to haul you back to safety."

Jon handed Serge another of the small devices which looked like a code generator.
"Keep this on you so Chris back in Boston can nab you if there is trouble and teleport you out."
He adviced.
"You do not want to get cornered by the sado troll."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:27 pm

[Seattle, 1.30]
Anja wrote:"Are you thinking it is to dangerous to let Mr Yager near this man? As for his oaths, the problem is we do not know their exact nature so tricking him into breaking them will be hard."
Jeffry asked.
"Yes the carbon do make a difference, true fae and their decendants are hurt by steel as you have seen with Mara, but with changelings it haveto be iron.."
The old Hermetic said with a frown.
"I can change the shape of the manhole cover if that is of any help, make it into a club, or a dagger, somethign that can be used as a weapon."
Helena offered glancing through the little window to the back to the wan from the driver's seat.
Colin frowned, "I think he'll be fine - but we'd best be ready to pull Mr. Yager out on a moment's notice. For some reason, I feel an iron harpoon would be most appropriate."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:21 am

[Seattle, 1.30]

Anja wrote:You focused on excluding the club frm everyone's story, you notice a pair of woman under umbrellas turn and then head down the street, suddenly remembering something that had to be attended to, the effect was subtle but it seamed like even the lone pidgeon that had been sitting on the club roof decided to be elsewhere at that moment, after all who would want to go close to a closed nightclub when it was pouring down and it was much better to be warm and dry at home. Helena raised an eyebrow and nodded.
"Well done Mr Yager I can feel the effect even here, a subtle desire to be elsewhere."

"I just hope I got most of those ghouls out of there as well. The less fighting we have to do the better." Serge said turning the page in his sketchbook to a fresh page.

Anja wrote:"That is a fair point Mr Yager but since as you say creative types who get crushed under the weight of just tyring to survive day to day he will probably not think to much about it...at least we hope he will not. In either case we will keep an eye on you and be ready to offer assistence if anything should go wrong."
Jeffry said with a nod.
Colin wrote:He frowned, "Best case scenario, he'll be too preoccupied to bother. Worst case, he'll try to keep you and groom you. You may be going in as a more delectable bit of bait than we'd expected... we'll be ready to haul you back to safety."
Anja wrote:Jon handed Serge another of the small devices which looked like a code generator.
"Keep this on you so Chris back in Boston can nab you if there is trouble and teleport you out."
He adviced.
"You do not want to get cornered by the sado troll."

"Thanks." Serge said taking the device and pocketing it. "Nicole also wanted me to be wired for this right? You got anything for that as well?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:53 am

[Seattle, 1.30]

Colin frowned, "I think he'll be fine - but we'd best be ready to pull Mr. Yager out on a moment's notice. For some reason, I feel an iron harpoon would be most appropriate."

"Our man in Westchapel is ready to pull Serge out."
Jon said.
"I can make a spear out of the man hole lid...if you have a picture of the type you would prefer Mr Wainwright."
Helena offered.

"I just hope I got most of those ghouls out of there as well. The less fighting we have to do the better." Serge said turning the page in his sketchbook to a fresh page.

"Some are leaving at least Mr Yager."
Helena said as she watched two women and a man leave the club and hurry to the parking lot, none of them was Big Chris though they where probably club employees who had been there setting up for the evening.

"Thanks." Serge said taking the device and pocketing it. "Nicole also wanted me to be wired for this right? You got anything for that as well?"

"Ah yes off course."
Jeffry said and he produced a small rock crystal sphere from his pocket and handed it to Serge, then he took out a larger crystal sphere, this one was engraved all over with Greek script and he held it in his hand.
"Just keep the sphere on your person and I will scry on you as you speak with the Target Mr Yager."
The old Hermetic instructed.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:49 am

[Umbrial Seattle, 1.00]

Anja's Post:

'Cos that wasn't the objection. Mine was of accuracy, and only accuracy.'

Anja's Post:

'Ooh, I know this one; all "logical conclusions" lead to insanity if you go far enough. Plus, saying I'm wrong does not make you right by default either.'

Anja's Post:

'That's your problem - it ain't a one-solution thing...' shaking her head.

[Seattle, 1.30]

Anja's Post:

Colin's Post:

A silence as Nicole considered this before replying over the net. 'Can't be that. Carbon content similar between most irons and steels, at least today. Might be something in the older stuff which changes it... Anyway, what would happen if they were hit by like a iron blade than steel?'

Anja's Post:

'If that serves as a distraction, that increases my chances of success.'

[That was my point; Colin got in with Helena, who's driving the car.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:35 pm

[Umbrial Seattle, 1.00]

'Cos that wasn't the objection. Mine was of accuracy, and only accuracy.'

"I do not see how I am grateful I have a good apartment and a job I enjoy could be said any more accurate without becoming pedantic."
Fran replied.

'Ooh, I know this one; all "logical conclusions" lead to insanity if you go far enough. Plus, saying I'm wrong does not make you right by default either.'

"No Nicole the fact of the matteris that at time a statement is far reaching and then one have to explore where said statement lead also when it become so broad that the statement itself become invalid. The thing is there are negative connotations with every word, if we are going to expect nothign of the one who hear you speak, not expect to in any way be able to put their own bias aside and look at the context then we are left with having to define every word used, which will make language rather...impractical, this is not some far out there argument it is a direct consequese of your stance here."
The Euthanathos replied with a sigh.

'That's your problem - it ain't a one-solution thing...' shaking her head.

"Well actually there is one solution, actually considering context and the actual meaning of a word before reacting that should solve the issue just fine."
The death mage said as she got into the car.

[Seattle, 1.30]

A silence as Nicole considered this before replying over the net. 'Can't be that. Carbon content similar between most irons and steels, at least today. Might be something in the older stuff which changes it... Anyway, what would happen if they were hit by like a iron blade than steel?'

"They take considerable damage and it also seam to dampen their power in some way, iron are to fae like silver are to werewolves."
Jeffry replied.
"As for why iron affect them but not steel I do not know, steel affect true fae, I suspect it affect their magical nature in some way, the same as some prefer to use actual seawater for their rituals rather than tap water with sea salt added even if they are chemically pretty much the same."

'If that serves as a distraction, that increases my chances of success.'

"Spear it is then, if someone could bring me the man hole cover I can have it changed...pretty quickly."

(OOC: Oops we might have a continuty error, I believe Helena was dricing the van...and you believe she was drivign the car...let us have Marian drive the car then problem solved.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:56 pm

[Seattle, 1.30]
Nicole wrote:A silence as Nicole considered this before replying over the net. 'Can't be that. Carbon content similar between most irons and steels, at least today. Might be something in the older stuff which changes it... Anyway, what would happen if they were hit by like a iron blade than steel?'
Anja wrote:"They take considerable damage and it also seam to dampen their power in some way, iron are to fae like silver are to werewolves."
Jeffry replied.
"As for why iron affect them but not steel I do not know, steel affect true fae, I suspect it affect their magical nature in some way, the same as some prefer to use actual seawater for their rituals rather than tap water with sea salt added even if they are chemically pretty much the same."
Colin sighed, "Some things just work differently, even if science can't or won't explain how, when they should be the exact same thing on any level measurable... and steel's pretty much always only been around 1-2 percent carbon, while plain iron isn't carburized. But the why doesn't matter. We're here to stop Lilyandra, not have a philosophical debate on iron versus steel."

Anja wrote:"Our man in Westchapel is ready to pull Serge out."
Jon said.
"I can make a spear out of the man hole lid...if you have a picture of the type you would prefer Mr Wainwright."
Helena offered.
Nicole wrote:'If that serves as a distraction, that increases my chances of success.'
Anja wrote:"Spear it is then, if someone could bring me the man hole cover I can have it changed...pretty quickly."
He nodded and googled a picture of a simple harpoon with a pair of barbs on the same side, and trotted over to Helena to show her, "Will this reference do?"

((OOC: Yeah, Helena was in the lead car, Nick was driving the delivery van.)
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:13 pm

[Seattle, 1.30]

Colin sighed, "Some things just work differently, even if science can't or won't explain how, when they should be the exact same thing on any level measurable... and steel's pretty much always only been around 1-2 percent carbon, while plain iron isn't carburized. But the why doesn't matter. We're here to stop Lilyandra, not have a philosophical debate on iron versus steel."

Jeffry just nodded at that.
"Indeed interesting as the debate is we should focus on the matter at hand for now."

He nodded and googled a picture of a simple harpoon with a pair of barbs on the same side, and trotted over to Helena to show her, "Will this reference do?"

Helena looked at the phone and nodded.
"Yes it will, if someone will get me the cover I can get started...hum perhaps it is better if I go out and do the job where the lid is."
She said and she looked at Jeffry who nodded. Helena ten jumped out once the cars stopped and headed ver to the nearest manhole cover, she bent down over it and when she returned to the car soaking vet from the rain she handed Colin a perfect replica og the spear Colin had shown a picture of.
"Will this do Mr Wainwright?"
The Hermetic asked as she climbed into the van and held the spear out to Colin.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:35 pm

[Umbrial Seattle, 1.00]

Anja's Post:

'Whatever, I give up.' ending with a shrug. If Fran desired to continue fighting scarecrows, that was her right.

Anja's Post:

'That is not a practical solution. The action is within your control, not the reaction to it. If the output is incorrect, you can adjust the input. Ripping the gear apart to correct the "error" is so much harder.'

[Seattle, 1.30]

Anja's Post:

Colin's Post:

Another short silence; Colin might hear a few grunts coming from the cab, and the tearing of velcro. Then the small internal window between cab and the back opened, and a combat knife in a polyester sheath will fall through. 'Can someone do something with this double-quick?' she'll ask, over the net.

Anja's Post:

'Are you even sure it's iron? Many things now sold as it are actually mild steel.' she'll comment over the net, having watched Helena doing the dash, with the added issue the car ahead of her had now lost it's driver.

[Which is, well why I pointed it out. And why I point out above Helena's basically abandoned the hire car in the middle of the road.]

[Touch surprised Bruce said nothing about the metals. After all, that's his remit. Even if he doesn't have a walkie-talkie.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:50 am

[Umbrial Seattle, 1.00]

'Whatever, I give up.' ending with a shrug. If Fran desired to continue fighting scarecrows, that was her right.

Fran just shook her head at that with a whatever gesture.

'That is not a practical solution. The action is within your control, not the reaction to it. If the output is incorrect, you can adjust the input. Ripping the gear apart to correct the "error" is so much harder.'

"Expecting someone to understand the dictionary meaning of words and the context is a far more practical solution than to define every word you use just in cas someone have their own meaning of the words and decide tot ake offense."
Fran replied.
"I say again if I use words correct in the dictionary meaning in the context they are meant to be used and someone do not even ask for clarification and just assume I have said something of offend them, well then that is on them and they can think what they want."

[Seattle, 1.30]

Another short silence; Colin might hear a few grunts coming from the cab, and the tearing of velcro. Then the small internal window between cab and the back opened, and a combat knife in a polyester sheath will fall through. 'Can someone do something with this double-quick?' she'll ask, over the net.

Bruce just nodded and held out his hand for the knife while he took a small bottle out of a pocket.
"Give it here and I will turn it to iron..."
He said in a grunt.

Are you even sure it's iron? Many things now sold as it are actually mild steel.' she'll comment over the net, having watched Helena doing the dash, with the added issue the car ahead of her had now lost it's driver.

"I assume Mr Wainwright checked the lid magickally to see that it was iron."
Jefry replied simply.

(OOC: Helena went to get the lid after the cars had parked bythe club not while it was still in motion obviously.)
(OOC 2: Bruce A do not like to talk allot in a crowd and B he do not know much about fae and he assumed the chmical composition of iron was not what was important but how it interacted with fae.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:19 am

[Umbrial Seattle, 1.00]

Anja's Post:

'No, expecting them to understand which meaning is right is the problem bit. It's like I said "get me a pair of pliers" to you; the image I have in my head may not match the one you have. In fact, I'm relying on you even knowing that, like pincers ain't pliers.'

'Now, would it really hurt me to like, specify that I want a chunky flat-nose so there's no confusion?'

[Nick basically tossed her backup blade through the internal window to the rear of the van, so it's a case of 'who picks it up'.]

[Didn't know they're arrived at the club yet; when did that happen?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:09 am

[Seattle, 1.30]

Anja wrote:"Some are leaving at least Mr Yager."
Helena said as she watched two women and a man leave the club and hurry to the parking lot, none of them was Big Chris though they where probably club employees who had been there setting up for the evening.

"Somewhere...in my heart of hearts. I hoped that spell would be enough to drive Big Chris to leave the club as well. But now knowing that he's a Fae. And how loyal he is. There was probably no chance." Serge admitted as watched the people leave the club, silently wondering what scenario his magick had created to drove them to leave.

Anja wrote:"Ah yes off course."
Jeffry said and he produced a small rock crystal sphere from his pocket and handed it to Serge, then he took out a larger crystal sphere, this one was engraved all over with Greek script and he held it in his hand.
"Just keep the sphere on your person and I will scry on you as you speak with the Target Mr Yager."
The old Hermetic instructed.

"Looks tasty." he commented as he took the crystal sphere and pocketed it. "I think that's me set up. Just gotta wait for Nicole to get tooled up."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next