Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Terror in Seattle, Shopping Weapons and Cute Little Critters IC Thread 54

4 posters

Page 29 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

Terror in Seattle, Shopping Weapons and Cute Little Critters IC Thread 54 - Page 29 Empty Re: Terror in Seattle, Shopping Weapons and Cute Little Critters IC Thread 54

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:09 am

[Umbrial Seattle, 1.00]

No, expecting them to understand which meaning is right is the problem bit. It's like I said "get me a pair of pliers" to you; the image I have in my head may not match the one you have. In fact, I'm relying on you even knowing that, like pincers ain't pliers.'

'Now, would it really hurt me to like, specify that I want a chunky flat-nose so there's no confusion?'

Fran sigh and shook her head.
"Again you are making and exampl that are not applicable to the situation. If you say get me some pliers and you have several type of pliers off course the one you are talking with are going to have to ask what sort of pliers do you want, that is not the same as using a regular word int he right context and someone getting best out of shape over it because of their personal definition of said word."
The Euthanathos looked rather frustrated at this point.
"Saying I am grateful I have a job I enjoy, have one meaning, it is used correct and if someone like to add some other meaning to that then that is on them, that is nto the same as just not being precise with your language."
She shook her head again.
"What this is mroe is if you say get me some flat nosed pliers and someone else deciding to get bent out of shape because the internet have decided that flat nose plier is a new slur from some group or another, and in that case I think it is on them and I do not think you ahve to add the tool I am not making a slur against anyone, while you are clearly making something and nto talking about an induvidual."

[Seattle, 1.30]

"Somewhere...in my heart of hearts. I hoped that spell would be enough to drive Big Chris to leave the club as well. But now knowing that he's a Fae. And how loyal he is. There was probably no chance." Serge admitted as watched the people leave the club, silently wondering what scenario his magick had created to drove them to leave.

"It is much harder to get someone to do something they really do not want to do with magick kid then to just get someone to head home when it is raining when they have no real good reason to stay."
Ryan said.
"So no I fear we have to deal with this bouncer."

"Looks tasty." he commented as he took the crystal sphere and pocketed it. "I think that's me set up. Just gotta wait for Nicole to get tooled up."

"Try not to eat the crystal Mr Yager, I doubt it would hurt you but it would be impractical."
Jeffry said and he raised and yebrow. Helena just nodded as she watched Bruce work on Nicole's knife before he tossed it back to her, now the blade was iron.

(OOC: They arrived several posts earlier that is why Serge started getting ready.)
(OOC 2: We can say Bruce pick it up.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Terror in Seattle, Shopping Weapons and Cute Little Critters IC Thread 54 - Page 29 Empty Re: Terror in Seattle, Shopping Weapons and Cute Little Critters IC Thread 54

Post by Warpmind Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:27 pm

[Seattle, 1.30]
Nicole wrote:Another short silence; Colin might hear a few grunts coming from the cab, and the tearing of velcro. Then the small internal window between cab and the back opened, and a combat knife in a polyester sheath will fall through. 'Can someone do something with this double-quick?' she'll ask, over the net.
Anja wrote:Bruce just nodded and held out his hand for the knife while he took a small bottle out of a pocket.
"Give it here and I will turn it to iron..."
He said in a grunt.
Colin held up a hand, "Hold on - I don't think that's necessarily going to be a good idea; there's more to it than just removing the carbon magically. I'm not convinced a worked-steel blade turned to iron will do the trick. I've got a better idea..."

Anja wrote:Helena looked at the phone and nodded.
"Yes it will, if someone will get me the cover I can get started...hum perhaps it is better if I go out and do the job where the lid is."
She said and she looked at Jeffry who nodded. Helena ten jumped out once the cars stopped and headed ver to the nearest manhole cover, she bent down over it and when she returned to the car soaking vet from the rain she handed Colin a perfect replica og the spear Colin had shown a picture of.
"Will this do Mr Wainwright?"
The Hermetic asked as she climbed into the van and held the spear out to Colin.
Nicole wrote:'Are you even sure it's iron? Many things now sold as it are actually mild steel.' she'll comment over the net, having watched Helena doing the dash, with the added issue the car ahead of her had now lost it's driver.
Anja wrote:"I assume Mr Wainwright checked the lid magickally to see that it was iron."
Jefry replied simply.
He handed the harpoon to Nicole with a nod, "I looked - I can see the exact molecular composition of any substance. I can't always recognize a compound - some of those organic molecular chains get complex like nothing else - but I can tell the purity of a metal without any difficulty. This is less than a quarter percent non-iron, as pure as you're going to get it, and well short of what counds as steel. Magically shaped should work fine, magically transmuted materials... I wouldn't trust it; magically created silver seems less effective against shapechangers, or so I'm told, so best not to risk it."

((OOC: To be honest, I forgot Bruce was with us. My bad.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:40 pm

[Seattle, 1.30]

Colin held up a hand, "Hold on - I don't think that's necessarily going to be a good idea; there's more to it than just removing the carbon magically. I'm not convinced a worked-steel blade turned to iron will do the trick. I've got a better idea..."

"I do not just remove the carbon as such but transmute one matter into another...which do remove the carbon true but I do try to bring the essence of iron along."
Bruce grunted as he worked on the knife.

He handed the harpoon to Nicole with a nod, "I looked - I can see the exact molecular composition of any substance. I can't always recognize a compound - some of those organic molecular chains get complex like nothing else - but I can tell the purity of a metal without any difficulty. This is less than a quarter percent non-iron, as pure as you're going to get it, and well short of what counds as steel. Magically shaped should work fine, magically transmuted materials... I wouldn't trust it; magically created silver seems less effective against shapechangers, or so I'm told, so best not to risk it."

"Yeah well created silver is still effective against shapechangers, is it possible natural silver hurts more sure but turn bullets to silver and it will hurt them plenty."
The artificer commented.
"I don't know much about fae though so the rules might be different even so a knife turned to iron sound better to have than not have the way I am looking at it."

(OOC: Perhaps Jon's problem is contageous. But yeah Bruce is with the group but he have never been very talkative.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:32 am

[Umbrial Seattle, 1.00]

Anja's Post:

'I am grateful I have a job I enjoy.' Nicole repeated. 'You clarified. Avoided confusion. Was that really that hard?'

[Which was basically the whole point Nick was making all along...]

[Seattle, 1.30]

Anja's Post:

Colin's Post:

While the ankle-holster was new, the blade clearly wasn't; a dull, tarnished blade, perhaps 15cm in length. More a weapon for killing than a tool for cutting, it appeared that the blade had been slimmed down for concealment; relatively flat wooden handle and minimal guard, both sanded down. Perhaps an cut-down old bayonet?

If analysed, Colin will work out it's 1095 carbon steel, (99% iron, 0.9% carbon, 0.1% other). And very sharp.

Colin's Post:

'Fucking hell... whale ahoy?' she replied, taking the harpoon, still seated in the van but with the door open. 'It's not the most practical of weapons, is it? Couldn't you have like, made it a blade?'

[Erm, is it a whole harpoon or just a head? And how big are we talking?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:31 am

[Umbrial Seattle, 1.00]

'I am grateful I have a job I enjoy.' Nicole repeated. 'You clarified. Avoided confusion. Was that really that hard?'

"For fuck sake Nicole that is what I said in the first place, I said I was grateful for my job, for my apartment and for the good things in my life and you jumped down my throat and now you make it out to sound like that is what you wanted me to say, what game are you playing here for I for sure hell do not get it."
Fran said looking rather confused and frustrated.

[Seattle, 1.30]

While the ankle-holster was new, the blade clearly wasn't; a dull, tarnished blade, perhaps 15cm in length. More a weapon for killing than a tool for cutting, it appeared that the blade had been slimmed down for concealment; relatively flat wooden handle and minimal guard, both sanded down. Perhaps an cut-down old bayonet?

"Would you like me to change the knife back to steel once we are done here Nick?"
Bruce offered.
"This look like it have been with you for some time."

'Fucking hell... whale ahoy?' she replied, taking the harpoon, still seated in the van but with the door open. 'It's not the most practical of weapons, is it? Couldn't you have like, made it a blade?'

"Well we are taking out a rather big man."
Marian commented from the driver's seat.
"Very well then let us see if we can lure our whale over here and put that harpoon to good use practical or no."
Jeffry said.
"If you are ready Mr Yager and Miss Bouchard?"

(OOC: A spear I assume but really i will let Warp define the dimension ti would be more than enough material to work with for Helena to make something to his tastes.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:52 am

[Seattle, 1.30]

Anja wrote:"Try not to eat the crystal Mr Yager, I doubt it would hurt you but it would be impractical."
Jeffry said and he raised and yebrow. Helena just nodded as she watched Bruce work on Nicole's knife before he tossed it back to her, now the blade was iron.
Anja wrote:"Well we are taking out a rather big man."
"Very well then let us see if we can lure our whale over here and put that harpoon to good use practical or no."
Jeffry said.

"I'm good to go." Serge said with a nod, fiddling with the child proof lid of the pill bottle as he waited for Nicole's confirmation.

"Should be simple. Go up to him. Say I have some deliveries for the club. Ask for some help cause our equipment's busted, it's only me on the job cause my boss is a dick, and it's raining like crazy. Hope my magick, natural acting talents, and some fae sympathy for me will be enough to convince him."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:33 am

[Seattle, 1.30]

"I'm good to go." Serge said with a nod, fiddling with the child proof lid of the pill bottle as he waited for Nicole's confirmation.

"Good luck Mr Yager and you as well Miss Bouchard."
Jeffry said wit a nod.

"Should be simple. Go up to him. Say I have some deliveries for the club. Ask for some help cause our equipment's busted, it's only me on the job cause my boss is a dick, and it's raining like crazy. Hope my magick, natural acting talents, and some fae sympathy for me will be enough to convince him."

The old Hermetic nodded at that.
"That is the plan Mr Yager."
He agreed.
"Hopefully it will go smoothly."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:37 am

[Seattle, 1.30]
Anja wrote:"I do not just remove the carbon as such but transmute one matter into another...which do remove the carbon true but I do try to bring the essence of iron along."
Bruce grunted as he worked on the knife.
Nicole wrote:While the ankle-holster was new, the blade clearly wasn't; a dull, tarnished blade, perhaps 15cm in length. More a weapon for killing than a tool for cutting, it appeared that the blade had been slimmed down for concealment; relatively flat wooden handle and minimal guard, both sanded down. Perhaps an cut-down old bayonet?

If analysed, Colin will work out it's 1095 carbon steel, (99% iron, 0.9% carbon, 0.1% other). And very sharp.
Anja wrote:"Would you like me to change the knife back to steel once we are done here Nick?"
Bruce offered.
"This look like it have been with you for some time."
Colin frowned at the look of the blade, "I don't doubt your skill in metallurgy, mystical aspects included, but it seems there's an... aspect lost in the refinement, that is very hard to replace later. Hum... the blade's certainly been with someone for a long time... early to mid 20th century? It's seen some work, though..."

Anja wrote:"Yeah well created silver is still effective against shapechangers, is it possible natural silver hurts more sure but turn bullets to silver and it will hurt them plenty."
The artificer commented.
"I don't know much about fae though so the rules might be different even so a knife turned to iron sound better to have than not have the way I am looking at it."
He nodded, "Less effective is not the same as not effective... and a backup is always good, true enough."

Nicole wrote:'Fucking hell... whale ahoy?' she replied, taking the harpoon, still seated in the van but with the door open. 'It's not the most practical of weapons, is it? Couldn't you have like, made it a blade?'
Anja wrote:"Well we are taking out a rather big man."
Jeffry said.
He smiled wryly, "You want the barbs, I think - a blade can be pulled out, but a harpoon like this... he's not going to pull that out without inflicting even more damage on himself. Bruce's handiwork on the dagger will probably come in handy to keep whittling him down if necessary while the harpoon does its work."

((OOC: For the harpoon's design, I was thinking something like this one, only with a shorter, solid shaft, since it's without the wooden grip. Maybe a 18-24" in length?))

((OOC2: Would've posted yesterday, but had a narsty cold. Clogged in one end, leaky in the other, and spent most of the day sleeping... Not the most pleasant of days.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:39 pm

[Seattle, 1.30]

Colin frowned at the look of the blade, "I don't doubt your skill in metallurgy, mystical aspects included, but it seems there's an... aspect lost in the refinement, that is very hard to replace later. Hum... the blade's certainly been with someone for a long time... early to mid 20th century? It's seen some work, though..."

"Well I assume it is like with silver and making Primium, synthetic silver works but natural is better."
Bruce said with a grunt.
"So the knife might not work as well as natural iron but my guess it that it will stil have an effect.But we will see."

He nodded, "Less effective is not the same as not effective... and a backup is always good, true enough."

The other Orphan shrugged and nodded.

He smiled wryly, "You want the barbs, I think - a blade can be pulled out, but a harpoon like this... he's not going to pull that out without inflicting even more damage on himself. Bruce's handiwork on the dagger will probably come in handy to keep whittling him down if necessary while the harpoon does its work."

"Well then let us give the Sado Troll a express ticket to the afterlife."
Fran commented.
"It will truly be a Good Death."
She said and Bruce just smiled a little.

(OOC: That design works, there should be more than enough material in the lid for it.)
(OOC 2: I hope you are feeling better today Warp.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:27 am

[Umbrial Seattle, 1.00]

Anja's Post:

To this Nicole just gave a sigh, clearly giving up on the point.

[Seattle, 1.30]

Anja's Post:

Colin's Post:

'Found it in a lucky box I bought at a show a couple of year back. Took a fucking age to get off the rust...' Nicole replied. On looking at it, Colin notices a maker's mark on the heel; 'Harrison Bros, Sheffield.'

'If you can't do iron on it, p'haps something to make it more accurate or with extra bite? In double-quick time?'

Anja's Post:

Colin's Post:

A short pause before replying. 'No. It's too big for me to use, fucks up my plan. The guy might have added mojo but he is still a man, right?' giving a little frown, clearly looking for confirmation.

Anja's Post:

'As long as it's for him...' she muttered, straightening up. 'Okay, set up the scene. Get that car out of view for starters...'

[Hope you're feeling better, Warp.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:18 am

[Seattle, 1.30]

'If you can't do iron on it, p'haps something to make it more accurate or with extra bite? In double-quick time?'

"Well I can do both."
Bruce said and he pulled several more small vilas out of his pockets and used a small painbrush to coat the knife with them before he retured them to Nicole, the knife had been turned to iron, it was also sharper than it should be and would do more serious damage.

A short pause before replying. 'No. It's too big for me to use, fucks up my plan. The guy might have added mojo but he is still a man, right?' giving a little frown, clearly looking for confirmation.

"He can still bleed and he can still die...but fae are...not human, they are something else, but yes hurt him enough and he will go down though he might take a fair bit of hurt before he is unnable to continue fighting."
Jeffry said with a nod.

As long as it's for him...' she muttered, straightening up. 'Okay, set up the scene. Get that car out of view for starters...'

"I will bring the car around the corner and make sure it is nto seen."
Marian agreed and he waited to see if anyone had anyting to add befor ehe took the car out of view of the club.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:36 pm

[Seattle, 1.30]
Nicole wrote:'Found it in a lucky box I bought at a show a couple of year back. Took a fucking age to get off the rust...' Nicole replied. On looking at it, Colin notices a maker's mark on the heel; 'Harrison Bros, Sheffield.'

Anja wrote:"Well I can do both."
Bruce said and he pulled several more small vilas out of his pockets and used a small painbrush to coat the knife with them before he retured them to Nicole, the knife had been turned to iron, it was also sharper than it should be and would do more serious damage.
Colin nodded at Bruce's handiwork, "Hm, keen edge, should help... Want me to do a little trick for timing, too?"

Nicole wrote:A short pause before replying. 'No. It's too big for me to use, fucks up my plan. The guy might have added mojo but he is still a man, right?' giving a little frown, clearly looking for confirmation.
Anja wrote:"He can still bleed and he can still die...but fae are...not human, they are something else, but yes hurt him enough and he will go down though he might take a fair bit of hurt before he is unnable to continue fighting."
Jeffry said with a nod.
He frowned, "I'll take it, and see if I can lend a hand with the guy, then... I don't want you to turn this into a proud challenge one-on-one. He might well be strong enough to break even you, Nicole."

Anja wrote:"Well then let us give the Sado Troll a express ticket to the afterlife."
Fran commented.
"It will truly be a Good Death."
She said and Bruce just smiled a little.
Nicole wrote:'As long as it's for him...' she muttered, straightening up. 'Okay, set up the scene. Get that car out of view for starters...'
Anja wrote:"I will bring the car around the corner and make sure it is nto seen."
Marian agreed and he waited to see if anyone had anyting to add befor ehe took the car out of view of the club.
He frowned, "I can't claim I won't regret seeing him killed, but I honestly don't see viable options, given what a powerhouse he's supposed to be... Let's hope we can limit it to him."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:32 pm

[Seattle, 1.30]

Colin nodded at Bruce's handiwork, "Hm, keen edge, should help... Want me to do a little trick for timing, too?"

"That might help."
Bruce grunted.

He frowned, "I'll take it, and see if I can lend a hand with the guy, then... I don't want you to turn this into a proud challenge one-on-one. He might well be strong enough to break even you, Nicole."

"Yeah and let us keep the Hermetics out of it if we can."
Bruce commented.
"Let paperwork that way I immagine witht he guy being fae and all."
He said and Jeffry nodded.
"It would be appricated Mr King but w will all do what is neccesry."

He frowned, "I can't claim I won't regret seeing him killed, but I honestly don't see viable options, given what a powerhouse he's supposed to be... Let's hope we can limit it to him."

"I always regret taking a life Mr Wainwright but considering what they guy do for a living and what sort of person e is the world will be better off without him."
Fran commented dryly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:43 pm

[Seattle, 1.30]

Anja wrote:"Good luck Mr Yager and you as well Miss Bouchard."
Jeffry said wit a nod.
Anja wrote:The old Hermetic nodded at that.
"That is the plan Mr Yager."
He agreed.
"Hopefully it will go smoothly."
Nicole wrote:'As long as it's for him...' she muttered, straightening up. 'Okay, set up the scene. Get that car out of view for starters...
Anja wrote:"I will bring the car around the corner and make sure it is nto seen."

When the car was parked Serge began to open the door saying, "So he's just guarding the entrance right? Doubt he'll be hard to miss. You don't get a nickname like Big Chris if your easy to overlook."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:18 am

[Seattle, 1.30]

Anja's Post:

Colin's Post:

A little shrug to this. 'If you think it'll help.'

Colin's Post:

'But I like, brought my dueling glove and all that!' she quipped sarcastically, clearly mocking the idea she'd do something like that, climbing out of the van cab. 'Hang back until you hear something. Hopefully, it won't get to that...'

Serge's Post:

'We don't know if he'll be the fish we catch. Might be we get a Muggle, which we'll just tie up and leave in the back.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:59 am

[Seattle, 1.30]

When the car was parked Serge began to open the door saying, "So he's just guarding the entrance right? Doubt he'll be hard to miss. You don't get a nickname like Big Chris if your easy to overlook."

"I doubt that he stand right next to the door all day like a dumb waiter Mr Yager."
Jeffry said.
"This Big Cris could be anywhere in the building so just knock on the door and ask for him, by his actual name."

'We don't know if he'll be the fish we catch. Might be we get a Muggle, which we'll just tie up and leave in the back.'

Jefry nodded his agreement to that.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:45 pm

[Seattle, 1.30]

Anja wrote:"I doubt that he stand right next to the door all day like a dumb waiter Mr Yager."
Jeffry said.
"This Big Cris could be anywhere in the building so just knock on the door and ask for him, by his actual name."

"Sure thing. Someone remind me what his real name was." the young Ecstatic said as he stepped out of the car and into the rain that fell all around them.

He let the rain soak his clothes a bit to make it more believable that he was a delivery person who had been delivering things in the rain.

Nicole wrote:'We don't know if he'll be the fish we catch. Might be we get a Muggle, which we'll just tie up and leave in the back.'

"It'd be kinda worrying if it was a muggle considering I just sent them all away." Serge mused. "It'll probably be an especially loyal ghoul."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:27 pm

[Seattle, 1.30]

"Sure thing. Someone remind me what his real name was." the young Ecstatic said as he stepped out of the car and into the rain that fell all around them.

He let the rain soak his clothes a bit to make it more believable that he was a delivery person who had been delivering things in the rain.

"Christopher Dallas."
Helena replied.
"Good luck kid and be careful you can do it!"
Ryan chimed in.

"It'd be kinda worrying if it was a muggle considering I just sent them all away." Serge mused. "It'll probably be an especially loyal ghoul."

"If we get a blood slave...we will try tot ake them alive but the priority of that will drop."
Jeffry said with a frown.
"They might be more trouble than we are prepared to deal with at the moment, and I am not sure how much hope there are for them."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:19 am

[Seattle, 1.30]
Anja wrote:"That might help."
Bruce grunted.
Nicole wrote:A little shrug to this. 'If you think it'll help.'
Colin nodded, making a quick circular gesture over the blade, "Same basic trick as I used on the baseball bat that stopped Rust in his tracks... Big Chris is inhumantly fast, so a small sense of when he will be where will be useful."

((OOC: A quick Arete roll for effect - T2? - 5,7,7. Should work out nicely, being a pretty neatly coincidental effect.))

Anja wrote:"Yeah and let us keep the Hermetics out of it if we can."
Bruce commented.
"Let paperwork that way I immagine witht he guy being fae and all."
He said and Jeffry nodded.
"It would be appricated Mr King but w will all do what is neccesry."
Nicole wrote:'But I like, brought my dueling glove and all that!' she quipped sarcastically, clearly mocking the idea she'd do something like that, climbing out of the van cab. 'Hang back until you hear something. Hopefully, it won't get to that...'
He grimaced, "For the love of Science, Nicole, don't use sarcasm. Fae are masters at twisting the exact words you speak, tone is completely irrelevant. Not sure how much more dangerous he could get if he can construe the situation as a broken promise and extract immediate compensation from you... I mean, this is liable to have far worse consequences than bringing someone along in handcuffs, but putting both cuffs on the same wrist."

Anja wrote:"I always regret taking a life Mr Wainwright but considering what they guy do for a living and what sort of person e is the world will be better off without him."
Fran commented dryly.
He nodded thoughtfully, "I felt the same way about Rust - well, a few more justifications, to be honest - but this guy seems almost as much a victim in the situation... I don't think we have any better options, and I won't hold back, I just wish there could've been a better way. Well, I don't see an alternative with our resources, so the point is moot..."
He sighed and pricked his finger lightly on the harpoon - not enough to draw blood, but enough to feel the sharpness of it, and drew a small circle on it with a fingertip, muttering a quick incantation, same enchantment as on Nicole's dagger.

((OOC: Arete roll for the harpoon - 4,7,0. Noice.))

((OOC2: For clarification, the effect should be scene-long, and just drop the difficulty to hit a fast-moving target a bit by virtue of improving the sense of timing for the wielder. A gut instinct, a muscular reflex, seeing the direction of motion out the corner of your eye, how you perceive the effect is rather up to you, I think, it's just easier to stab Big Chris where it hurts now. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:29 am

[Seattle, 1.30]

Serge's Post:

'What, even the ones within the club?' giving a little frown.

Colin's Post:

Nicole took the blade with a nod, looking at it for a moment.

Colin's Post:

'Who said there would be time for talking?' giving a little frown. 'I get it, my first stike has to completely overwhelm, 'cos I won't survive a slug-fest.' shedding her coat and putting it in the cab. 'That's where stick-boy comes into play. I will get the first move, not him.' turning to have her back to Colin and pulling up her shirt, revealing she was wearing a back-holster with her pistol within.

'Guide the blade in to a band.' she'll state, holding it with her left hand with it behind her.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:43 am

[Seattle, 1.30]

Colin nodded, making a quick circular gesture over the blade, "Same basic trick as I used on the baseball bat that stopped Rust in his tracks... Big Chris is inhumantly fast, so a small sense of when he will be where will be useful."

Your spell seamed to take effect and enchant the knife for now, everything working out as it should.

He nodded thoughtfully, "I felt the same way about Rust - well, a few more justifications, to be honest - but this guy seems almost as much a victim in the situation... I don't think we have any better options, and I won't hold back, I just wish there could've been a better way. Well, I don't see an alternative with our resources, so the point is moot..."
He sighed and pricked his finger lightly on the harpoon - not enough to draw blood, but enough to feel the sharpness of it, and drew a small circle on it with a fingertip, muttering a quick incantation, same enchantment as on Nicole's dagger.

"I always wish there was an alternative to killing a person Mr Wainwright, but at times it is the only option opten to us."
Fran said with a sad sigh.
"And there is the case with this man and with Rust, now we do not know how this fae got into this situation but regardless he is a massive problem now and have to be dealt with."
Bruce nodded at what Fran said then he grunted after Colin was done with his spell.
"Do you want me to enchance it? I can make it do more damage and give it a nasty edge."
Your spell speamed to go as it should.

Nicole took the blade with a nod, looking at it for a moment.

It was now made out of iron.

'Who said there would be time for talking?' giving a little frown. 'I get it, my first stike has to completely overwhelm, 'cos I won't survive a slug-fest.' shedding her coat and putting it in the cab. 'That's where stick-boy comes into play. I will get the first move, not him.' turning to have her back to Colin and pulling up her shirt, revealing she was wearing a back-holster with her pistol within.

'Guide the blade in to a band.' she'll state, holding it with her left hand with it behind her.

"It is indeed likely that if you can not overwealm this man as quickly as possible then it is likely he will kill you indeed Miss Bouchard."
Jeffry said he was busy inscribing something in a coin sized bit of wax.
"Hum...this might help though."
He said and handed Nicole the small wax disc.
"It will protect you from...well forces negating the force of an impact against your body, it can only negate so much though but it will extend the margin for error."
He said as he held out the disc.

Fran looked at Nicole with concern in her eyes.
"Please be careful."
She said softly.

(OOC: Bot of Colin's spells are cast with no problems.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:52 pm

[Seattle, 1.30]

Nicole wrote:'What, even the ones within the club?' giving a little frown.

"Yeah. Everyone in and around the club now has much better things to do than be in or around the club. That includes both sleepers and ghouls by the way." Serge said with a nod.

Anja wrote:"Christopher Dallas."
Helena replied.
"Good luck kid and be careful you can do it!"
Ryan chimed in.

"Hell yeah I can do it!" Serge said trying to pump himself up. "Brace yourselves guys. Your about to meet Mark Douglas. The depressed delivery boy failing at life."

With that said, Serge popped open the pill bottle he had held in his hands and pulled out a singular pill. He tossed it into the air and let it fall into his open mouth, quickly swallowing it along with whatever raindrops fell into his mouth alongside it. He let the drug work it's magick, heightening his social aptitude.

(OOC: Mind 1 effect to lower social rolls. Specifically Subterfuge/lying rolls.

Arete Roll: 8, 4, 9, 5 )
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:59 am

[Seattle, 1.30]

"Yeah. Everyone in and around the club now has much better things to do than be in or around the club. That includes both sleepers and ghouls by the way." Serge said with a nod.

"It might not have gotten everyone, but most without strong need to be in the Club should have left."
Ryan added with a nod.

"Hell yeah I can do it!" Serge said trying to pump himself up. "Brace yourselves guys. Your about to meet Mark Douglas. The depressed delivery boy failing at life."

With that said, Serge popped open the pill bottle he had held in his hands and pulled out a singular pill. He tossed it into the air and let it fall into his open mouth, quickly swallowing it along with whatever raindrops fell into his mouth alongside it. He let the drug work it's magick, heightening his social aptitude.

Your uncle gave you a thumbs up before you left the car. You felt more social, more in control more able to fool someone. The club lay before you so you could just run through the rain and get to the back door to play the underpaid delivery man.

(OOC: Nice roll that works.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:24 pm

[Seattle, 1.30]
Nicole wrote:'Who said there would be time for talking?' giving a little frown. 'I get it, my first stike has to completely overwhelm, 'cos I won't survive a slug-fest.' shedding her coat and putting it in the cab. 'That's where stick-boy comes into play. I will get the first move, not him.' turning to have her back to Colin and pulling up her shirt, revealing she was wearing a back-holster with her pistol within.

Anja wrote:"It is indeed likely that if you can not overwealm this man as quickly as possible then it is likely he will kill you indeed Miss Bouchard."
Jeffry said he was busy inscribing something in a coin sized bit of wax.
"Hum...this might help though."
He said and handed Nicole the small wax disc.
"It will protect you from...well forces negating the force of an impact against your body, it can only negate so much though but it will extend the margin for error."
He said as he held out the disc.
Colin nodded and helped strap the dagger into place, checking Nicole's easy reach, "This good? Just bear in mind, he might be able to withstand injuries that would cripple a human, though I would expect instantly lethal injuries would be as troublesome. Something that would merely have him bleed out slowly might not slow him down significantly..."

Anja wrote:"I always wish there was an alternative to killing a person Mr Wainwright, but at times it is the only option opten to us."
Fran said with a sad sigh.
"And there is the case with this man and with Rust, now we do not know how this fae got into this situation but regardless he is a massive problem now and have to be dealt with."
Bruce nodded at what Fran said then he grunted after Colin was done with his spell.
"Do you want me to enchance it? I can make it do more damage and give it a nasty edge."
Your spell speamed to go as it should.
He nodded slowly to Fran, then arched an eyebrow at Bruce, "Ah, please. I'll get one shot, at best... best make it count as much as possible."
He handed the harpoon over and swiftly cast the Scrambler on himself, fading from magical senses, "And this should help give me an element of surprise..."

Jeremy wrote:"Hell yeah I can do it!" Serge said trying to pump himself up. "Brace yourselves guys. Your about to meet Mark Douglas. The depressed delivery boy failing at life."

Anja wrote:Your uncle gave you a thumbs up before you left the car. You felt more social, more in control more able to fool someone. The club lay before you so you could just run through the rain and get to the back door to play the underpaid delivery man.
He glanced at Serge, then paused, shaking his head, "I nearly told you to get out of here, kid... I'm impressed."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:55 pm

[Seattle, 1.30]

He nodded slowly to Fran, then arched an eyebrow at Bruce, "Ah, please. I'll get one shot, at best... best make it count as much as possible."
He handed the harpoon over and swiftly cast the Scrambler on himself, fading from magical senses, "And this should help give me an element of surprise..."

Bruce took the harpoon and fished out the same bottles he had used on Nicole's dagger and smeared the contents over te weapon, he handed the harpoon back.
"That should last for a few hours I believe."
The Artificer said.

(OOC: The harpoon and the knife now do agg damage and is stronger and sharper than they are naturally.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next