Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Between Seattle and Horizon, Clean Up and Planning-IC Thread 56

4 posters

Page 28 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

Between Seattle and Horizon, Clean Up and Planning-IC Thread 56 - Page 28 Empty Re: Between Seattle and Horizon, Clean Up and Planning-IC Thread 56

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:24 pm

[Umbrial Port, Earlier]

Here's a tip from me; take very strong mints. They usually reek of... not sure exactly. Rotting, but more dry rot than wet. And staleness. Ain't like it would get much ventilation in there, is it?' making it rather obvious she was one who had been inside.

The two Technocrats looked really impressed.
"You have been on a Nephandi Battle cruiser and...lived?"
The pilot asked.
"Now I bet there is quite a story there."

'Yeah, was part of the team which cracked it. But no parade for little old me...' she said in a melodramatically sad tone. 'Oh, and if anyone says to visit Plymouth Rock, decline. It's literally a rock. In Plymouth.' giving a laugh and bidding the pair farewell.

"You was part of the team that stopped the sickness? Well then we owe you a beer."
The short, squat man said. They both seamed even more impressed now.
"Well then have a good one, remember that beer when we see you next."
His taller friend said before the two wandered off.

(OOC: My spell checker wanted to change it to we owe you a bear, which would be interesting but a bit less usual small gift of appreciation. Razz )

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Between Seattle and Horizon, Clean Up and Planning-IC Thread 56 - Page 28 Empty Re: Between Seattle and Horizon, Clean Up and Planning-IC Thread 56

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:58 pm

[Umbrial Port, Earlier]

Anja's Post:

'No. I've been on two Battlecruisers.' she quipped, a little surprised of the apparent rarity value of the experience.

Anja's Post:

'Eh, I was just a grunt. That beer is owed to the ones in the white coats who cracked it. Give them a toast next time you're in a bar, yeah?' wondering if she could convince a pair of Union members to toast her Tradition.

Colin's Post:

'Well, shouldn't be. Them spiders about look like mean security.' she quipped, entering the hangar, looking around for a fire bucket or something to use as an ashtray.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:15 pm

[Umbrial Port, Earlier]
Nicole wrote:'Well, shouldn't be. Them spiders about look like mean security.' she quipped, entering the hangar, looking around for a fire bucket or something to use as an ashtray.
Colin frowned, "Hmmm, I'm not sure about the security aspect - but they're certainly good at repairing damage, if they're what they appear to be. And there's an ashtray mounted on the outside wall, next to the door. Haven't seen one inside."

((OOC: The Winter's Tale, Act III, Antigonus' departure?))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:29 pm

[Umbrial Port, Earlier]

Colin's Post:

A moment's silent look to Colin. 'Sabotage is damage. But like, you didn't spot it? Or more correctly, didn't spot by the absence.' pulling off her coat and then smoothing down her sweater over her hips. 'Trash and janitors. I think these spiders are more nuts versions of the ones we have in the Chantry; they want everything to be ordered, maintained and everything. It's like fucking OCD hell, here.' taking a last drag from her cigarette and then stubbing it out on the hardstanding. 'I don't think them spiders would allow anyone to do anything "bad" with a ship. Might mess up the grass or something...' stepping back and watching the butt, wondering whether a spider shall come over to remove it. Then she gave a shrug.

'Well, let's do the checks and shit. The others are due soon...'

[Suggest we do a time-skip and start the other's arrival and launch etc to keep the game moving.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:32 pm

[Umbrial Port, Earlier]
Nicole wrote:A moment's silent look to Colin. 'Sabotage is damage. But like, you didn't spot it? Or more correctly, didn't spot by the absence.' pulling off her coat and then smoothing down her sweater over her hips. 'Trash and janitors. I think these spiders are more nuts versions of the ones we have in the Chantry; they want everything to be ordered, maintained and everything. It's like fucking OCD hell, here.' taking a last drag from her cigarette and then stubbing it out on the hardstanding. 'I don't think them spiders would allow anyone to do anything "bad" with a ship. Might mess up the grass or something...' stepping back and watching the butt, wondering whether a spider shall come over to remove it. Then she gave a shrug.

'Well, let's do the checks and shit. The others are due soon...'
Colin shrugged, "Sabotage could be damage, but it could also be a planted bomb; damage that's not happened yet... but yes, I suppose the little guys would be good further protection against tampering. Doesn't mean they're any more infallible than me or thee in the face of a strong Spirit practitioner. But yes, we'll have to stack the luggage, as well, and make sure we get the load tolerably balanced when the others' stuff arrives."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:34 pm

[Umbrial Port, Earlier]

No. I've been on two Battlecruisers.' she quipped, a little surprised of the apparent rarity value of the experience.

"You can not just throw that out there and not tell the tale."
The tall thin man said he raised an eyebrow as he looked at you.

Eh, I was just a grunt. That beer is owed to the ones in the white coats who cracked it. Give them a toast next time you're in a bar, yeah?' wondering if she could convince a pair of Union members to toast her Tradition.

"Well in my experience Nicky, grunts are allot more important than the big wigs give us credit for."
The shorter man said ruefully.
"But yeah however helped stop the sickness I will raise my glass to them."

As Nicole was readying the shuttle and talking with Colin the two cars carrying the rest of the Horizon expedition from Steelhaven Hall arrived. Helena cast the rote to allow the cars to drive though the walls of the car dealership and into the Umbra port and she parked in the parking lot and turned to Serge and Kyle.
"Well boys we are here."
Kyle looked out and nodded nervously.
"So we are...to late to run eh."
He muttered and Helena gave him a compassionate look.
"You will be fine kid...it will be hard but you will be fine. Come let us find Miss Bouchard and Mr Wainwright."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:21 pm

[Umbrial Port, Earlier]

Anja's Post:

'Not much to tell; same MO for both. We hit a Fallen base with their pants good as down, find one of their teleportation portals. And you never let the enemy get a breather, do you? It's the creepy decor and smell which throws folks more than the shit within it.'

Anja's Post:

A soft laugh to this; which shall become more meaningful to the pair when they learn who they'd toasted. 'Well, better get on and do that pre-flight...'

Colin's Post:

'Bomb-planting would be a change in routine. Bet they watch much closer when stuff is... "out of the ordinary".' she replied, shaking out her coat. 'We share these facilities with the Union. And it ain't working from the fucking honour system, that much is sure. That tells me there's something big behind the drapes here, making sure everything runs like clockwork.'

'But it's always good to do checks...' ending with a slightly depressed sigh. She personally hated doing such chores...

[I don't believe the shuttle has been fleshed out yet (or at least not while I've been here). Personally, I could see it being rather like the Star Trek 'Delta Flyer' in size, capabilities and general layout. Which would be similar to my earlier idea that the shuttle might be from an old areoplane body like a DC-3 (would be about the same size).]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:50 pm

[Umbrial Port, Earlier]
Nicole wrote:'Bomb-planting would be a change in routine. Bet they watch much closer when stuff is... "out of the ordinary".' she replied, shaking out her coat. 'We share these facilities with the Union. And it ain't working from the fucking honour system, that much is sure. That tells me there's something big behind the drapes here, making sure everything runs like clockwork.'
Colin smiled thinly, "I'm not protesting your idea, and there is something appealing about it. Perhaps the Genius Loci here is particularly inclined toward cooperation? Hm, come to think of it, between the September 11th memorial and the Tuskegee Airmen Honour Wall on the Logan side of things, I suppose the Spirit of Logan may well have leanings like that."

Nicole wrote:'But it's always good to do checks...' ending with a slightly depressed sigh. She personally hated doing such chores...
He grinned wryly, "You sound like every Air Force veteran I know, from mechanics to pilots. Same enthusiasm."

(No, it hasn't been fleshed out, as such, but as I recall, it was initially described pretty much as a TOS shuttle with separate passenger compartment, engine room, and cockpit. Presumably also a small cargo hold, as well. Probably a little larger than the TOS shuttle, but very similar in exterior design. And of course, no candleholder or sacrificial bowl in the cockpit. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:16 pm

[Umbrial Port, Earlier]

'Not much to tell; same MO for both. We hit a Fallen base with their pants good as down, find one of their teleportation portals. And you never let the enemy get a breather, do you? It's the creepy decor and smell which throws folks more than the shit within it.'

"I have heard of Labyrinths being rather fleshy but they are not as bad as the actual Battle Cruisers."
The pilot said.
"Or so I hear."

A soft laugh to this; which shall become more meaningful to the pair when they learn who they'd toasted. 'Well, better get on and do that pre-flight...'

The two Technocrats nodded and waved before they wandered off.

(OOC: A TOS shuttle would be more similar, with a separate passenger compartment yes.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:07 am

[Boston Later]

Anja wrote:"No but my brother can and I suspect your Cabal leader feared you would talk Kyle into something, but it seams he have the good sense to refuse."
Helena replied raising an eyebrow and Kyle just looked out the window.
"I can see the airport so we should be close."
Kyle said and Helena nodded.
"Yeah two minutes or so I would say."
Anja wrote:As Nicole was readying the shuttle and talking with Colin the two cars carrying the rest of the Horizon expedition from Steelhaven Hall arrived. Helena cast the rote to allow the cars to drive though the walls of the car dealership and into the Umbra port and she parked in the parking lot and turned to Serge and Kyle.
"Well boys we are here."
Kyle looked out and nodded nervously.
"So we are...to late to run eh."
He muttered and Helena gave him a compassionate look.
"You will be fine kid...it will be hard but you will be fine. Come let us find Miss Bouchard and Mr Wainwright."

"Well here we are. I've always wanted to explore this place. Wonder if they have overpriced souvenirs like regular airports?" Serge said getting out of the car and beginning to stretch his arms and legs as he got acclimated to his surrounding. "Airports are some of the most mystical places in the world you know. Time doesn't work properly in an airport. Gotta imagine a spirit airports would dial it up to eleven."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:58 am

[Boston Later]

"Well here we are. I've always wanted to explore this place. Wonder if they have overpriced souvenirs like regular airports?

"That they do, and snack food and magazines and such to."
Helena confirmed as she got out of the car and went over to speak with Amadeus and Beatrice for a moment.

Serge said getting out of the car and beginning to stretch his arms and legs as he got acclimated to his surrounding. "Airports are some of the most mystical places in the world you know. Time doesn't work properly in an airport. Gotta imagine a spirit airports would dial it up to eleven."

"That is actually to some degree true Sir, basically when you are waiting and are bored time do not just seam to go slower, it actually do go slower due to your mind making it so."
Kyle said.
"And yeah airports are full of all kinds of spirits, air elementals, travel spirits, stress eaters, all sorts."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:07 pm

[Umbrial Port, Earlier]

Anja's Post:

The large woman considered this for a moment. 'Well, it ain't a place I'd pick to spend my leave in, that much is true.' wondering how much the Union would want the video tour, floor plan and accompanied notes which was currently on a memory stick securely in her trouser pocket.

Colin's Post:

'Or the place simply wants everything to run "properly". I mean, if an airport was a person, that's what it would like, right?' giving a frown.

Colin's Post:

'It would be less a drag if this hadn't been done, like... three days back? In a locked hangar. With whatever anti-theft hocus-pocus has been done to it.' she replied in a bored tone, placing her coat on to top the cargo pile and gesturing for Colin to pass the pre-flight checklist clipboard.

[Which is why I said 'Delta Flyer'; something which is larger/better than a TOS shuttle (which is basically the size of a medium tow caravan) and smaller/less capable of the Wars' Millenium Falcon (which is about half a ice hockey rink). Though the Flyer had had already been done, at least in spirit. If nothing else, I'm not sure a TOS shuttle could even fit eight people, let alone cargo.]

[I'm currently updating/checking Nick's Blue Book. Has Haagen given his spirit-seeing spray a name? Plus, according to your records, how many XP has Nicole earned/spent/banked at this moment? My records show 112, 78 and 34 respectively.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:08 pm

[Umbrial Port, Earlier]

The large woman considered this for a moment. 'Well, it ain't a place I'd pick to spend my leave in, that much is true.' wondering how much the Union would want the video tour, floor plan and accompanied notes which was currently on a memory stick securely in her trouser pocket.

"Ok this did not come from me but...yeah there is something wrong with the Fallen I do not buy it that they are just aggressive bad guys with mutations, I have played Dead Space and those guys give me the creep."
The pilot muttered and his friend gave a solemn nod to that.
"No matter what Control says but you did not hear that from me like I said."

(OOC: I do not remember if it is 8 or 6 which is max for a ToS shuttle and that is in addition to supplies and cargo but then there is not much extra room. )
(OOC 2: No the spray did not get a name. I am not sure about the exp I assumed each player kept track of them themselves, each thread show how much exp was given on the last page though, usually 2 and sometimes 3. I have also given out bonus exp now and again.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:38 pm

[Umbrial Port, Earlier]
Nicole wrote:'Or the place simply wants everything to run "properly". I mean, if an airport was a person, that's what it would like, right?' giving a frown.
Colin nodded, "Yes, that... is essentially what a Genius Loci is. Remember the scrapyard spirit? That was the Genius Loci of the scrapyard, I believe - literally the Spirit of the Place."

Nicole wrote:'It would be less a drag if this hadn't been done, like... three days back? In a locked hangar. With whatever anti-theft hocus-pocus has been done to it.' she replied in a bored tone, placing her coat on to top the cargo pile and gesturing for Colin to pass the pre-flight checklist clipboard.
He smiled thinly, "Well, yes, but our enemies are capable, and could have slipped by last night."
He passed her the little tablet that held the checklist, "I'll inspect the landing gears, then, you get started on the engine, and we should be on perfect time to sort everyone's luggage into place when they get here."

((OOC: The TOS shuttle, or the Class F shuttlecraft, has a crew complement of 7, and measures 24 feet, according to Memory Alpha. I'm thinking our shuttle is probably closer to 30-35, and maybe a little wider, seeing as she's also armed (with the most rinky-dink little gun, but still), and takes a couple more passengers.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:08 am

[Umbrial Port, Earlier]

As you where checking the last things on the shuttle you see Amadeus and Beatrice come walking towards it, they had gone on ahead of the rest of the group. Amadeus knocked on the shuttle door.
"How are things looking here Mr Wainwright and Miss Bouchard?"
The old Verbena asked.

(OOC: A little bigger than a Class F works.)

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:36 pm

[Umbrial Port, Earlier]
Anja wrote:As you where checking the last things on the shuttle you see Amadeus and Beatrice come walking towards it, they had gone on ahead of the rest of the group. Amadeus knocked on the shuttle door.
"How are things looking here Mr Wainwright and Miss Bouchard?"
The old Verbena asked.
Colin patted the last landing strut and stepped around to the entrance hatch side, "She looks just fine, ready to soar to the heavens. Figuratively speaking of course. How are you feeling, Beatrice?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:20 pm

[Umbrial Port, Earlier]

Anja's Post:

'They mount offensives and look to recruit spies and traitors. That logically says they have actual goals beyond simply existing.' she replied in a matter-of-fact tone.

Colin's Post:

'I think we'd notice if the engine was missing...' she quipped sarcastically, taking the tablet from Colin and starting to work through the checklist.

[Umbrial Port, Later]

Anja's Post:

Colin's Post:

At this point Nicole came out of the entrance hatch. 'Done it all, time for a engine te- Oh, hello Master Nassa.' giving a little smile as she climbed out and immediately stretched out.

[Think it's time we all merge back into the same scene; 'Umbrial Port, Later'. Serge's group can turn up just afterwards?]

[The point you're both missing is that the F-Shuttle is basically a 'space bus'. It is very limited in it's capabilities. This is explicitly why the Voyager writers created the Delta Flyer in the first place; it's more a 'space RV' - it can travel further/longer and has bigger teeth (and thus, is a better... vehicle for stories, both figerative and literal). Now I don't actually give a damn either way on this but I was thinking that if we make this Chantry's like the latter it makes the craft more useful (example; the craft could be used for Preumbrial 'camping trips') and so offers a wider range of future stories. If nothing else, an RV would be a nicer ride because it would possess a bathroom and kitchenette. Oh, and the ship gun(s) could simply be a remote-controlled cupola on the top.]

[I do keep track of the numbers. It's just that I assumed you also did so and wanted to check, that's all.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:26 pm

[Umbrial Port, Earlier]

'They mount offensives and look to recruit spies and traitors. That logically says they have actual goals beyond simply existing.' she replied in a matter-of-fact tone.

"Yeah that's the truth."
The pilot said and the other Iterator nodded his agreement.
"Well not much we can do about it the brass think what they will but I think they take to lightly on the Fallen."
The tall thin man continued.

Colin patted the last landing strut and stepped around to the entrance hatch side, "She looks just fine, ready to soar to the heavens. Figuratively speaking of course. How are you feeling, Beatrice?"

"I am fine Colin, I mean i am a little nervous about going back to Horizon but since I have a meeting for the re sentencing tomorrow at a side courtroom in the west wing it can not...not be to bad, most likely the result will be positive for me."
Beatrice said with a nervous little smile, she was wearing a pale yellow knee length dress under her light gray coat, white leggings, a yellow butterfly pin in her hair and a pair of pearls set in silver in her ears, clearly she was trying to look presentable, she still looked rather pale and sick though.
"I am more concerned about Kyle."
She muttered with a sigh.

At this point Nicole came out of the entrance hatch. 'Done it all, time for a engine te- Oh, hello Master Nassa.' giving a little smile as she climbed out and immediately stretched out.

Amadeus inclined his head to Nicole.
"Everything well here?"
He asked as he headed into the shuttle.
"I will be honest and say that airplanes and this thing makes me a little nervous to be so surrounded by metal and not nature."
He grumbled tapping at the metal doorway with one hand and frowning.

(OOC: Yes though I will let Serge react first and see if he want to do something in the Umbra port before heading to the shuttle.)

(Ooc 2: The shuttle is not more advanced than that, yes some simple weapons was installed but basically it is a passenger shuttle that can go out into the Middle Umbra so it can reach Horizon.)

(OOC 3: I have assumed the players will be honest and also let them deal with their own exp instead of having one more thing I need to keep track of.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:52 pm

[Umbrial Port, Gathering the Usual Suspects]
Nicole wrote:'I think we'd notice if the engine was missing...' she quipped sarcastically, taking the tablet from Colin and starting to work through the checklist.
Colin grinned, "True, but we might overlook a small extra component in a critical spot."

[Umbrial Port, Later]
Anja wrote:"I am fine Colin, I mean i am a little nervous about going back to Horizon but since I have a meeting for the re sentencing tomorrow at a side courtroom in the west wing it can not...not be to bad, most likely the result will be positive for me."
Beatrice said with a nervous little smile, she was wearing a pale yellow knee length dress under her light gray coat, white leggings, a yellow butterfly pin in her hair and a pair of pearls set in silver in her ears, clearly she was trying to look presentable, she still looked rather pale and sick though.
"I am more concerned about Kyle."
She muttered with a sigh.
He nodded, "Kyle... will be alright, I'm sure. As will you. There'll be enough of a kerfuffle these coming days, but I have faith we'll weather the lot. Hum... one thing of note though, let me try something..."

He made a quick, circular gesture toward Beatrice, muttering a quick "Album denigrare", to turn her leggings into a stylish black instead, "No need to take unnecessary risks in the name of fashion..."

((OOC: M2 roll, just changing her leggings from white to black; Arete roll: 4,7,9. Oughtta hold a while...))

Nicole wrote:At this point Nicole came out of the entrance hatch. 'Done it all, time for a engine te- Oh, hello Master Nassa.' giving a little smile as she climbed out and immediately stretched out.
Anja wrote:Amadeus inclined his head to Nicole.
"Everything well here?"
He asked as he headed into the shuttle.
"I will be honest and say that airplanes and this thing makes me a little nervous to be so surrounded by metal and not nature."
He grumbled tapping at the metal doorway with one hand and frowning.
He smiled thinly, "If it helps, Sir, I'm sure you are less discomforted by the Chief's shuttle than we both would be if I were trying to steer, say, the Heart of the Black Forest. Which is a lovely ship, but very much outside of my area of competence."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:00 pm

[Umbrial Port, Earlier.]

Anja's Post:

'Well, after last weekend, think the brass needs to look long and hard on all three elements.' hinting to the pair that there had been a Union-Fallen connection in the plague. Before they had time to process this, Nicole bid the pair goodbye.

[Purely OOC, *why* have you decided to go for the obviously less capable/useful 'space bus' concept? Is there some story reason you're deliberately objecting to the 'space RV', esp as it would still be functional as 'a bus' too?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:34 am

[Boston Later]

Anja wrote:"That is actually to some degree true Sir, basically when you are waiting and are bored time do not just seam to go slower, it actually do go slower due to your mind making it so."
Kyle said.
"And yeah airports are full of all kinds of spirits, air elementals, travel spirits, stress eaters, all sorts."

"Slower. Faster. Sometimes time moves sideways. Airports are basically the poster child of liminal spaces. Gotta imagine the gauntlet gets a little wacky in airports. Unless the technocrats have that under control." Serge said, frowning slightly at the mention of the technocrats.

"Anyways come on. Bet you there's lots of interesting things to see on the way over there. Also your Ms. Mar might just leave us here if we just stand around." Serge said beginning to follow Ms. Mar on her search for his cabal mates.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:14 am

[Nicole's Apartment, Evening]

Nicole wrote:Nicole shook her head to this. 'Nah. He let us go 'cos he was busy with another target – the gang boss. What's more, it's a target he knew we weren't related to; if it was Fallen I think he might have simply taken us out too and not checked afters.' the Etherite replied, continuing to smoke while propped up on the door jamb. 'He also involved cops. If it had been some nasty 'shifter critter or something big, doubt he'd have done that. The guy was a bastard, but not the sort who'd send people to die 'cos he didn't give a fuck.' a definite tone of grudging respect here.

'My personal bet is vampire. Or plural. Mirrorshade gives the SWAT teams 'special' ammo, armour and shit, gets them to do crowd control while they take out the boss... y'know, classic Matrix-stylee. We were just in the wrong fucking place at the wrong time.'
Anja wrote:Coawa scratched his head not seaming to get all of it but he gave a nod.
"Well you got lucky then that he did not bother with your group."
He said.
"I am glad you didn't die."

"You can never be too sure with the Fallen. They love their quiet corruption as much as they love their loud. There willing to save one person if that'll eventually cause the deaths of three more down the line and that sort of thing. Serge mused, "Vampires are a neat idea. Though you mentioned that this was happening at night right? At least I think you mentioned that. I might've automatically set the scene as night time. Anyway night time is when the vampires come out in full force. Wouldn't you have met a couple of them...unless it was those gangster that were the vampire! That might've been how they were tracking you through the blend fields!"

(OOC Sorry about that. Had a busy week. Completely missed this section.)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:17 am

[Umbrial Port, Later]

Well, after last weekend, think the brass needs to look long and hard on all three elements.' hinting to the pair that there had been a Union-Fallen connection in the plague. Before they had time to process this, Nicole bid the pair goodbye.

The two Technocrats looked rather alarmed and confused as you walked away from them.

He nodded, "Kyle... will be alright, I'm sure. As will you. There'll be enough of a kerfuffle these coming days, but I have faith we'll weather the lot. Hum... one thing of note though, let me try something..."

He made a quick, circular gesture toward Beatrice, muttering a quick "Album denigrare", to turn her leggings into a stylish black instead, "No need to take unnecessary risks in the name of fashion..."

"I hope so Colin but even if all go well he will be Branded and that is...is..."
Beatrice looked down and shuddered.
"It is a horrible practice."
She muttered before she looked down at her leggings.
"Ah yes, thank you. I did check the rules it is wearing all white or mostly white that is illegal not wearing some white socks or something but yes better safe than sorry."

He smiled thinly, "If it helps, Sir, I'm sure you are less discomforted by the Chief's shuttle than we both would be if I were trying to steer, say, the Heart of the Black Forest. Which is a lovely ship, but very much outside of my area of competence."

"I have no doubts about you and Miss Bouchard's ability to get the ship safely to Horizon Mr Wainwright, but it is being so cut off from nature that...is unnerving to me."
The old Verbena said.
"Ah yes the Heart of Horizon, beautiful ship but controlling it would be completely different than a ship based on Technomagick."

"Slower. Faster. Sometimes time moves sideways. Airports are basically the poster child of liminal spaces. Gotta imagine the gauntlet gets a little wacky in airports. Unless the technocrats have that under control." Serge said, frowning slightly at the mention of the technocrats.

"All liminal places have thinner Gauntlets so there is that but I think the Union keep it under control on big airports."
Kyle replied.

"Anyways come on. Bet you there's lots of interesting things to see on the way over there. Also your Ms. Mar might just leave us here if we just stand around." Serge said beginning to follow Ms. Mar on her search for his cabal mates.

"I would not mind being left behind."
Kyle muttered darkly but he continued on his way as the rest of the group moved towards the shuttle.
"Look at that big ship on the grass field."
He said pointing.
"It looks like something out of Star Trek, I wonder where it have been."
On on the grass field a large ship that looked rather like a spaceship form some science fiction show did indeed stand parked while allot of people was milling about it, unloading things, doing repairs and refueling.

[Nicole's Apartment, Evening]

You can never be too sure with the Fallen. They love their quiet corruption as much as they love their loud. There willing to save one person if that'll eventually cause the deaths of three more down the line and that sort of thing. Serge mused,

"The Qyrl often succeeds by being subtle."
Coawa agreed.

(OOC: The reason WHY is that the shuttle is a simple ship, that is what it was described as so that is what it is, and it is what fit the best both with the backstory of it and also so as to not overpower Steelhaven. Your question is the same as asking but why did that character inherit a old little cottage from her aunt and not a mansion in Beverly Hills.)

(OOC 2: Yes that roll is more than enough to change the color of the leggings.)

(OOC 3: Not to worry real life get in the way it happens to us all.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:42 pm

[Umbrial Port, Later]
Anja wrote:"I hope so Colin but even if all go well he will be Branded and that is...is..."
Beatrice looked down and shuddered.
"It is a horrible practice."
She muttered before she looked down at her leggings.
"Ah yes, thank you. I did check the rules it is wearing all white or mostly white that is illegal not wearing some white socks or something but yes better safe than sorry."
Colin nodded, "You're a Widderslainte, going on retrial. In context, discretion is the better part of valour."

Anja wrote:"I have no doubts about you and Miss Bouchard's ability to get the ship safely to Horizon Mr Wainwright, but it is being so cut off from nature that...is unnerving to me."
The old Verbena said.
He grinned, "I suppose we could bring a potted plant along?"

((OOC: I mean, the Chief basically inherited a minivan, not a cruise ship... also, the TOS shuttle description is basically the exterior design, not necessarily a match for the interior. The interior's bound to be a little different; slight separation of cockpit, passenger compartment, and engine room, and all that...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:57 pm

[Umbrial Port, Later]

Colin's Post:

'Retrial?' giving a frown, having listened to the conversation in silence up to this point. 'How far ahead are you to the final party, sir?' looking to Master Nassa.

[Thanks for the clarification. If I answer that the question is not about the size, weight or capabilities of the ship but just it's 'internal fittings', that if RL buses are to go anything to do by it would be about the same price/value and your 'cottage vs mansion' analogy is therefore wrong (it's more like 'cottage set up as a home vs cottage set up as a holiday let'), would you reconsider your position in light of this new information? As for Warp's point... I think 'cruise ship' is really pushing it here. I'm talking about seating which can double as basic beds, a tiny kitchenette and an aircraft lavatory, not the furnishings of the royal yacht.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next