Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Between Seattle and Horizon, Clean Up and Planning-IC Thread 56

4 posters

Page 29 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

Between Seattle and Horizon, Clean Up and Planning-IC Thread 56 - Page 29 Empty Re: Between Seattle and Horizon, Clean Up and Planning-IC Thread 56

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:14 pm

[Umbrial Port, Later]

Colin nodded, "You're a Widderslainte, going on retrial. In context, discretion is the better part of valour."

"That is a fair point I would not want to take any chances."
Beatrice said with a nod.

He grinned, "I suppose we could bring a potted plant along?"

"That would make it...better."
The old Verbena said with a frown before he found a seat in the shuttle and sat down.

'Retrial?' giving a frown, having listened to the conversation in silence up to this point. 'How far ahead are you to the final party, sir?' looking to Master Nassa.

"Yes, well a re sentencing. I...was sentenced as a widderslainte and there was loopholes in the...it allowed Vittoria De Angelo to..."
Beatrice paled and looked down at her hands.
"Adley found...found a mistake in the sentencing that is how they managed to stop...excuse me..."
The young Verbena rushed off out of the shuttle for fresh air. Amadeus sigh and shook his head.
"Excuse me Miss Bouchard this is hard for her....as for the rest they should get here any moment."
He said before he headed out after his apprentice.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Between Seattle and Horizon, Clean Up and Planning-IC Thread 56 - Page 29 Empty Re: Between Seattle and Horizon, Clean Up and Planning-IC Thread 56

Post by Warpmind Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:06 pm

[Umbrial Port, Later]
Anja wrote:"That is a fair point I would not want to take any chances."
Beatrice said with a nod.
Colin nodded, "Every bit helps. Though I'm less worried about the legal proceedings - it's illegal proceedings that worry me the most."

Anja wrote:"That would make it...better."
The old Verbena said with a frown before he found a seat in the shuttle and sat down.
He grinned, "I'll see what I can arrange for the return trip - unless you'd prefer to find a suitable adoptee in your own Tradition's area?"

Nicole wrote:'Retrial?' giving a frown, having listened to the conversation in silence up to this point. 'How far ahead are you to the final party, sir?' looking to Master Nassa.
Anja wrote:"Yes, well a re sentencing. I...was sentenced as a widderslainte and there was loopholes in the...it allowed Vittoria De Angelo to..."
Beatrice paled and looked down at her hands.
"Adley found...found a mistake in the sentencing that is how they managed to stop...excuse me..."
The young Verbena rushed off out of the shuttle for fresh air. Amadeus sigh and shook his head.
"Excuse me Miss Bouchard this is hard for her....as for the rest they should get here any moment."
He said before he headed out after his apprentice.
He frowned and nodded after Beatrice, "That was not your fault, Nick, it was... a horrible affair, and Bee, Adley, and I were at the center of it in more ways than one. She'll come out of this stronger, though - I've faith. But for now, she's still a delicate child in many ways."

((OOC: Yeah, about the cruise ship quip - hyperbole is a thing. But while the previous owner only used it as a minivan, getting people from A to B, there's no reason we can't convince the Chief to upgrade the interior, right? Make a decent RV out of the old bird?))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:55 pm

[Umbrial Port, Later]

Colin nodded, "Every bit helps. Though I'm less worried about the legal proceedings - it's illegal proceedings that worry me the most."

Beatrice looked rather confused at that statement.

He grinned, "I'll see what I can arrange for the return trip - unless you'd prefer to find a suitable adoptee in your own Tradition's area?"

"I am sure I can arrange for a plant for the return trip."
Amadeus said he still looked rather uncomfortable.

He frowned and nodded after Beatrice, "That was not your fault, Nick, it was... a horrible affair, and Bee, Adley, and I were at the center of it in more ways than one. She'll come out of this stronger, though - I've faith. But for now, she's still a delicate child in many ways."

You could hear Beatrice sobbing outside of the shuttle as Amadeus tried to console her and calm her down.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:21 am

[Umbrial Port, Later]

Colin's Post:

'Good. That means there's one less fucking thing for me to nail to your ass.' the Etherite replied, dangerously calm and soft, starting the moment they were alone. 'If I'm going to upset people, I'd like it be down to me doing it on purpose, not 'cos folks don't tell me shit. I'd only been told 'bout Kyle's gig. Anything else you'd care to inform me of? Someone going to a funeral? Forced organ donation, p'haps?'

[Making Nick (and basically, it will be Nick) do all the large amount of work to convert a space bus to a space RV seems rather pointless when it could be easily handwaved as such right now. Also, the costs of doing such is sufficiently high that personally I don't see it being done any time soon. Now, I've argued that either bus or RV would have about the same 'sticker price' and running costs and thus a) equally believable inheritances for the Chief, b) won't financially cripple the Chantry but c) the RV would do all the 'minivan' tasks and a bit more. Is 'space bus' your final answer, Great One? I'm pressing this merely because basically the next post is dependent on the answer.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:26 am

[Umbrial Port, Later]

Anja wrote:"I would not mind being left behind."
Kyle muttered darkly but he continued on his way as the rest of the group moved towards the shuttle.
"Look at that big ship on the grass field."
He said pointing.
"It looks like something out of Star Trek, I wonder where it have been."
On on the grass field a large ship that looked rather like a spaceship form some science fiction show did indeed stand parked while allot of people was milling about it, unloading things, doing repairs and refueling.

"What the hell! That's sick!" Serge said gawking at the construct. "Aww I bet that thing has stuff like force fields and a warp drive. It's probably been to other planets. Hell maybe to another galaxy. Is that an Etherite ship? I didn't know they built cool stuff like that."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:28 am

[Umbrial Port, Later]
Anja wrote:Beatrice looked rather confused at that statement.
Colin shook his head, "Don't worry too much about it - we'll keep an eye out. We just don't want anyone to be able to hide behind technical legalities if they try to ambush us."

Anja wrote:You could hear Beatrice sobbing outside of the shuttle as Amadeus tried to console her and calm her down.
Nicole wrote:'Good. That means there's one less fucking thing for me to nail to your ass.' the Etherite replied, dangerously calm and soft, starting the moment they were alone. 'If I'm going to upset people, I'd like it be down to me doing it on purpose, not 'cos folks don't tell me shit. I'd only been told 'bout Kyle's gig. Anything else you'd care to inform me of? Someone going to a funeral? Forced organ donation, p'haps?'
He paused for a second, "It's why Bee has been poorly while you were here, Vittoria D'Angelo tried to Gilgul her. In the end, Beatrice retained her Avatar, but... there was injury. It's the most excruciating pain a Mage can endure. Well, on the bright side, Vittoria dearest tried to grope my Avatar later, and will probably not be working advanced magic for some time yet, whereas Beatrice has begun working magic again. She's made a swift recovery, to be sure, but trauma sticks."
He looked at Nicole, "Hum, actually, there is one thing. Bring your sidearm to the hearings we'll be attending, just in case. There's trouble afoot, and an extra marksman will be useful to take down assailants. I can't go into further detail right now, in large part because there aren't many more details I could share... but we'll want to make sure a would-be assassin doesn't get away."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:47 am

[Umbrial Port, Later]

"What the hell! That's sick!" Serge said gawking at the construct. "Aww I bet that thing has stuff like force fields and a warp drive. It's probably been to other planets. Hell maybe to another galaxy. Is that an Etherite ship? I didn't know they built cool stuff like that."

"I mean it is possible, I heat the Umbra and space is somehow connected."
Kyle said as he looked at the ship.
"It might be a Etherite ship but it is more likely that it is a Technocrat vessel actually."
The young Hermetic said.
"It is anyway cool."
He said as he followed Helena towards the shuttle.

Colin shook his head, "Don't worry too much about it - we'll keep an eye out. We just don't want anyone to be able to hide behind technical legalities if they try to ambush us."

"Yes that is a good point."
Beatrice said.
"I will be careful Colin."

As Helena, Kyle, Jeffry and Serge came to the hangar where the shuttles where located they could hear Beatrice crying softly. Jeffry frowned and Kyle sigh.
"I will go and check on him."
The young Falmbeau declared.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:55 am

[Umbrial Port, Later]

Colin's Post:

A moment's consideration, then a frown. 'They wouldn't like, search me beforehand?' tone clearly disbelieving.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:32 pm

[Umbrial Port, Later]
Anja wrote:"Yes that is a good point."
Beatrice said.
"I will be careful Colin."
Colin nodded, "Not to worry too much, we're keeping an eye out. But let us just avoid giving away the slightest justification..."

Nicole wrote:A moment's consideration, then a frown. 'They wouldn't like, search me beforehand?' tone clearly disbelieving.
He arched an eyebrow, "Well, they'll notice you're carrying a weapon... but when the old guy next to you can create a black hole under your seat, and the lady next to him again can make a giant redwood grow out of your nostril, either without much more than a dirty look and a flick of the wrist... If you try something stupid like shooting at one of the Nine Seats, you're going to have a bad day before the bullet even crosses the room."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:36 pm

[Umbrial Port, Later.]

Colin's Post:

Another moment's consideration. 'Ah, Mystic hub-ris again?'

Anja's Post:

A short nod of greetings to the incoming group.

[Can we have your final answer regarding the ship, Great One? I'll add that both Warp and I have made new points regarding it since Friday.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:01 pm

(OOC: I had already given it, the ship is a simple shuttle and nothing more.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:52 am

[Umbrial Port, Later]

Anja wrote:"I mean it is possible, I heat the Umbra and space is somehow connected."
Kyle said as he looked at the ship.
"It might be a Etherite ship but it is more likely that it is a Technocrat vessel actually."
The young Hermetic said.
"It is anyway cool."
He said as he followed Helena towards the shuttle.

"Yeah...I suppose it could Technocratic as well." Serge said slowing starting to lose interest in the spaceship. He followed after Kyle and Helena, sticking close to them. "So what do the other planets look like anyways. Do either of you know?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:46 am

[Umbrial Port, Later.]
Nicole wrote:Another moment's consideration. 'Ah, Mystic hub-ris again?'
Colin shrugged, "A little, perhaps - but it's a lot more work to collect and secure everyone's weapons in such a place, and then return them correctly after all the proceedings, than to just have a few competent guards ready to raise the necessary wards if someone starts acting up in the crowd... Besides, several of the more venerable Magi, while familiar with firearms, have still not caught on to the fact that pistols are a lot more capable today than the flintlocks of their adventuring years, as it were. So perhaps less Mystic hubris, and more... old and powerful people not quite up to date on modern technology."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:01 am

[Umbrial Port, Later.]

Colin's Post:

'If these were the generals actually organising our war efforts against the Union, I'd be a bit worried.' she quipped, leaning againt a pillar and digging out a pack of smokes. 'But I personally don't think they'll try anything like against the rules; at least not at the hearing itself.' lighting a cigarette the lighter she'd stolen from her earlier self.

[Think the Serge and Nick/Colin scenes are ready to merge.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:04 am

[Umbrial Port, Later]

"Yeah...I suppose it could Technocratic as well." Serge said slowing starting to lose interest in the spaceship. He followed after Kyle and Helena, sticking close to them. "So what do the other planets look like anyways. Do either of you know?"

"I mean there are pictures and such from NASA, we know allot about how Mars look like for example."
Kyle replied.
"Beyond that I have no idea."
He said and Jeffry half turn around to regard Serge.
"I have visited several realms who are the mystical representation of a planet, Cerebrus is one such realm for example, and so was Mus before we lost it."
The old Hermetic said as he reached the shuttle and stepped inside.
"Mr Wainwright...Miss Bouchard anything out of the ordinary with the vessel?"
He asked as he found a seat and sat down.

Colin shrugged, "A little, perhaps - but it's a lot more work to collect and secure everyone's weapons in such a place, and then return them correctly after all the proceedings, than to just have a few competent guards ready to raise the necessary wards if someone starts acting up in the crowd... Besides, several of the more venerable Magi, while familiar with firearms, have still not caught on to the fact that pistols are a lot more capable today than the flintlocks of their adventuring years, as it were. So perhaps less Mystic hubris, and more... old and powerful people not quite up to date on modern technology."

"Ah yes forgive me I could not help but overhear your conversation coming in. Now let me clarify that indeed there are no rules against carrying weapons on Horizon though off course normal rules for not waving them around do apply, some of the Tradition specific sub realms have their own rules though and I suggest you follow them if you are going there."
The old Hermetic regarded the two youngest mages.
"I carry a handgun, however would you be more scared of the bullets I could shoot with my gun, or what I can do with my hand and my voice and my mind? There will be little point in collecting weapons from those who are weapons by their very being. Do you feel the Primi are less qualified as leaders since they generally do not worry about someone carrying matched into a bonfire Miss Bouchard?"
Jeffry said with a raised eyebrow as Helena stepped into the shuttle and found a seat, though Kyle was still outside with Serge, looking concerned in the direction of the sounds of Beatrice crying.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:28 am

[Umbrial Port, Later.]
Anja wrote:"I mean there are pictures and such from NASA, we know allot about how Mars look like for example."
Kyle replied.
"I have visited several realms who are the mystical representation of a planet, Cerebrus is one such realm for example, and so was Mus before we lost it."
Colin shook his head, "No, looks good. Could do with shopping around for a couple of upgrades while on Horizon, though - a kitchenette, perhaps, a few creature comforts. While she's very... functional, she's a bit spartan in design. I'm sure the previous owner was quite satisfied with her, but it could be upgraded into more of a camping vehicle. Or what do you think, Nick?"

Nicole wrote:'If these were the generals actually organising our war efforts against the Union, I'd be a bit worried.' she quipped, leaning againt a pillar and digging out a pack of smokes. 'But I personally don't think they'll try anything like against the rules; at least not at the hearing itself.' lighting a cigarette the lighter she'd stolen from her earlier self.
He nodded, "No, the issue won't be from within... I anticipate an interruption. As I said, not many details just yet, but bring your sidearm."

Anja wrote:"Ah yes forgive me I could not help but overhear your conversation coming in. Now let me clarify that indeed there are no rules against carrying weapons on Horizon though off course normal rules for not waving them around do apply, some of the Tradition specific sub realms have their own rules though and I suggest you follow them if you are going there."
The old Hermetic regarded the two youngest mages.
"I carry a handgun, however would you be more scared of the bullets I could shoot with my gun, or what I can do with my hand and my voice and my mind? There will be little point in collecting weapons from those who are weapons by their very being. Do you feel the Primi are less qualified as leaders since they generally do not worry about someone carrying matched into a bonfire Miss Bouchard?"
Jeffry said with a raised eyebrow as Helena stepped into the shuttle and found a seat, though Kyle was still outside with Serge, looking concerned in the direction of the sounds of Beatrice crying.
He nodded to Morgan, "My point exactly, the advantages of a handgun seem to pale swiftly next to a Master of the Art... it may be a deceptive pallor, of course, but a very contextual one."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:27 pm

[Umbrial Port, Later.]

Colin shook his head, "No, looks good. Could do with shopping around for a couple of upgrades while on Horizon, though - a kitchenette, perhaps, a few creature comforts. While she's very... functional, she's a bit spartan in design. I'm sure the previous owner was quite satisfied with her, but it could be upgraded into more of a camping vehicle. Or what do you think, Nick?"

"Very well I can agree to to that as long as the upgrades are not to costly."
The old Hermetic said as he sat down.

He nodded to Morgan, "My point exactly, the advantages of a handgun seem to pale swiftly next to a Master of the Art... it may be a deceptive pallor, of course, but a very contextual one."

"Here on Earth a gun is extremely useful since it do not cause Paradox and it can be enhanced in subtle ways with magick, but on Horizon there are allot of different ways to kill someone so taking a mundane weapons is a bit...pointless. There is a point in a mundane weapon though and that is if someone counter you or keep you from using magic you can still use your mundane weapon and shoot them in the face as a way to tell them to stop doing that."
The old Falmbeau said with a soft chuckle.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:36 am

[Umbrial Port, Later]

Colin's Post:

'Wouldn't their security...' she began, immediately stopping at the Chief's appearance.

Anja's Post:

'Understood, sir.' she replied, taking one last drag and stubbing out her smoke with a little sigh.

Colin's Post:

'Yes... very functional. Shame that function is not the one we're using today. It is a dock shuttle - designed to take people and light cargo between ground and ships too big to use the facilities or unwilling to go through the efforts of docking itself. Unless this trip is gonna be less than half-hour, some of us are gonna find this quite uncomfortable.' giving an internal smirk, knowing Helena was already experiencing the joys of deficient legroom. Then giving an external sigh, knowing she was going to experience worse - both deficient in leg and hips.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:07 am

[Umbrial Port, Later]

Understood, sir.' she replied, taking one last drag and stubbing out her smoke with a little sigh.

"You are entitled to your opinion Miss Bouchard I am not telling you not to voice it, I am simply saying that you might have a less experience with mystic magick and what it can do to determine what might be dangerous on Horizon."
The old Hermetic replied with a sigh.

'Yes... very functional. Shame that function is not the one we're using today. It is a dock shuttle - designed to take people and light cargo between ground and ships too big to use the facilities or unwilling to go through the efforts of docking itself. Unless this trip is gonna be less than half-hour, some of us are gonna find this quite uncomfortable.' giving an internal smirk, knowing Helena was already experiencing the joys of deficient legroom. Then giving an external sigh, knowing she was going to experience worse - both deficient in leg and hips.

"Well there is magick to fix such trouble, though yes buying a portable lavatory might might be wise. Most Umbral vessels is not more advanced than this though Miss Bouchard, as they are exprmely expensive to create, yes the Ethernaut sub Tradition have huge ships but for most this is all they can hope for, it will get you to a Horizon realm and back."
Jeffry replied raising an eyebrow.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:27 am

[Umbrial Port, Later.]
Nicole wrote:'Wouldn't their security...' she began, immediately stopping at the Chief's appearance.
Colin shook his head, "Normally, yes, but... this is a case somewhat out of the ordinary. In this case, damage mitigation is far easier than outright prevention. And that part, at least, is quietly in place."

Anja wrote:"Here on Earth a gun is extremely useful since it do not cause Paradox and it can be enhanced in subtle ways with magick, but on Horizon there are allot of different ways to kill someone so taking a mundane weapons is a bit...pointless. There is a point in a mundane weapon though and that is if someone counter you or keep you from using magic you can still use your mundane weapon and shoot them in the face as a way to tell them to stop doing that."
The old Falmbeau said with a soft chuckle.
Nicole wrote:'Understood, sir.' she replied, taking one last drag and stubbing out her smoke with a little sigh.
Anja wrote:"You are entitled to your opinion Miss Bouchard I am not telling you not to voice it, I am simply saying that you might have a less experience with mystic magick and what it can do to determine what might be dangerous on Horizon."
The old Hermetic replied with a sigh.
He chuckled, "Just because someone is a Mystic, you know, doesn't mean they need to use heavy equipment consisting of numerous drippy candles, octograms written on the floor, thuribles, and similar paraphernalia where three small sticks and 4 cc of mouse blood will suffice. Or even just a single fresh egg and two small sticks. A Mystic's spell of quite painful damage infliction can be quite as swift as a single trigger pull."

Anja wrote:"Very well I can agree to to that as long as the upgrades are not to costly."
The old Hermetic said as he sat down.
Nicole wrote:'Yes... very functional. Shame that function is not the one we're using today. It is a dock shuttle - designed to take people and light cargo between ground and ships too big to use the facilities or unwilling to go through the efforts of docking itself. Unless this trip is gonna be less than half-hour, some of us are gonna find this quite uncomfortable.' giving an internal smirk, knowing Helena was already experiencing the joys of deficient legroom. Then giving an external sigh, knowing she was going to experience worse - both deficient in leg and hips.
Anja wrote:"Well there is magick to fix such trouble, though yes buying a portable lavatory might might be wise. Most Umbral vessels is not more advanced than this though Miss Bouchard, as they are exprmely expensive to create, yes the Ethernaut sub Tradition have huge ships but for most this is all they can hope for, it will get you to a Horizon realm and back."
Jeffry replied raising an eyebrow.
He gave Nicole a quite hurt look, then patted the shuttle gently, "There, there, dear, don't listen to the mean engineer, she just doesn't know to appreciate you. Of course you're doing just the job you were made for, bringing us to Concordia and back..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:17 pm

[Umbrial Port, Earlier.]

Anja's Post:

'Your technological trinckets are insignificant when compared to the power of magick.' the Etherite replied in a deadpan manner. 'Yet I'm still about and a lot of who told me that are not.'

Colin's Post:

'Yet shall the Mystic be aware of needing to not only inflict damage but defend their skull from a well-aimed .45 round?' she replied.

Anja's Post:

'Not the point. Most vehicle costs are in the core elements - like engines, body and controls - not the internal fittings. Those bits - as far as I can tell - are pretty good on this ship. But I would like it to get a proper service at the Concordia Docks.'

Colin's Post:

'And what makes you think he hasn't told me that they dream to be more than "what they were made for", eh?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:47 pm

[Umbrial Port, Later.]

He chuckled, "Just because someone is a Mystic, you know, doesn't mean they need to use heavy equipment consisting of numerous drippy candles, octograms written on the floor, thuribles, and similar paraphernalia where three small sticks and 4 cc of mouse blood will suffice. Or even just a single fresh egg and two small sticks. A Mystic's spell of quite painful damage infliction can be quite as swift as a single trigger pull."

"Also there is allot that can be prepared in advance, hanging spells are not hard to do, while some magick, perhaps the most powerful magick is done as complicated rituals, a skilled mage can kill as a single act of will."
Jeffry agreed.

'Your technological trinckets are insignificant when compared to the power of magick.' the Etherite replied in a deadpan manner. 'Yet I'm still about and a lot of who told me that are not.'

"Well then Miss Bouchard let us hope your underestimating magick will not get you killed one day, because yes compared to a Master of the Art in a realm with a mystical Paradigm a gun is insignificant enough that there is little point in taking them from a guest. Or let me ask you this young lady, can your weapon rip a hole in reality and entrap your enemies in the Gauntlet itself? Can your gun blow up a good part of a city or take the top of a mountain? For I can, can it summon spirit allies to fight on your side? No for my magick can. I respect what a gun can do to me Miss Bouchard if I am caught unawares, perhaps it is time you started to respect what a fireball can do to you."
The old Hermetic said raising an eyebrow as he regarded Nicole.

Yet shall the Mystic be aware of needing to not only inflict damage but defend their skull from a well-aimed .45 round?' she replied.

"Well you can always test to see if I have my protections in place young lady."
The old War Mage replied.

'Not the point. Most vehicle costs are in the core elements - like engines, body and controls - not the internal fittings. Those bits - as far as I can tell - are pretty good on this ship. But I would like it to get a proper service at the Concordia Docks.'

Jeffry sigh, considered then he nodded and took a purple, velvet bag out of his pocket, it was full of coins and what must be Tass crystals.
"There should be enough in there for considerable upgrades, please see to it then Miss Bouchard, but try not to go overboard, I can not often afford such an expense."
He said handing the bag over.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:09 pm

[Umbrial Port, Later]

Anja wrote:"I mean there are pictures and such from NASA, we know allot about how Mars look like for example."
Kyle replied.

"Master Morgan gets what I'm talking about. The boring dusty real world version of the planets aren't anything too interesting. It's the mystical stuff that I wanna know about." Serge waving at his cabal mates when he saw them. "So is time that we board the ship." he added taking a look at the shuttle that they would boarded, wanting to see what it looked like.

Nicole wrote:'Your technological trinckets are insignificant when compared to the power of magick.' the Etherite replied in a deadpan manner. 'Yet I'm still about and a lot of who told me that are not.'
Nicole wrote:Yet shall the Mystic be aware of needing to not only inflict damage but defend their skull from a well-aimed .45 round?' she replied.
Anja wrote:"Well you can always test to see if I have my protections in place young lady."

"You know a lot of people who believed in guns over magick are dead now too Nick." Serge replied dryly as he examined the shuttle appearance. "Everyone knows about guns and to defend against them. But I'm sorta curious if your even aware of everything we can do."

Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:20 pm

[Umbrial Port, Earlier.]
Anja wrote:"Also there is allot that can be prepared in advance, hanging spells are not hard to do, while some magick, perhaps the most powerful magick is done as complicated rituals, a skilled mage can kill as a single act of will."
Jeffry agreed.
Nicole wrote:'Your technological trinckets are insignificant when compared to the power of magick.' the Etherite replied in a deadpan manner. 'Yet I'm still about and a lot of who told me that are not.'
Anja wrote:"Well then Miss Bouchard let us hope your underestimating magick will not get you killed one day, because yes compared to a Master of the Art in a realm with a mystical Paradigm a gun is insignificant enough that there is little point in taking them from a guest. Or let me ask you this young lady, can your weapon rip a hole in reality and entrap your enemies in the Gauntlet itself? Can your gun blow up a good part of a city or take the top of a mountain? For I can, can it summon spirit allies to fight on your side? No for my magick can. I respect what a gun can do to me Miss Bouchard if I am caught unawares, perhaps it is time you started to respect what a fireball can do to you."
The old Hermetic said raising an eyebrow as he regarded Nicole.
Colin smirked briefly and delivered a passable Peter Cushing impersonation, "Enough of this! Vader, release him! This bickering is pointless."
He cleared his throat and shook his head, "Movie quotes aside - and Mr. Cushing would have been somewhat disappointed in your treatment of that quote, Nick. Lovely, kind man, he was, but something of a professional perfectionist."

Nicole wrote:'Yet shall the Mystic be aware of needing to not only inflict damage but defend their skull from a well-aimed .45 round?' she replied.
Anja wrote:"Well you can always test to see if I have my protections in place young lady."
Jeremy wrote:"You know a lot of people who believed in guns over magick are dead now too Nick." Serge replied dryly as he examined the shuttle appearance. "Everyone knows about guns and to defend against them. But I'm sorta curious if your even aware of everything we can do."
He gave Serge a nod, "Protecting against bullets is one thing, protecting against less tangible and obvious threats is quite another. Baneful spirits that assault your confidence and turn your own thoughts against you, for example, are... quite unpleasant little buggers. Ran into one in the swamp, back during the Larson debacle, I suspect you would have been defenseless against it, Nick."
Looking at Serge for a moment, "You, though... might actually have been nigh-untouchable to it. Well... maybe. You might have been struck by a bad case of Imposter Syndrome."

Nicole wrote:'And what makes you think he hasn't told me that they dream to be more than "what they were made for", eh?'
He arched an eyebrow, "What's this, then? Anthropomorphism, from our stalwart, mechanistic Etherite? Perish the thought! But more seriously, all ships are ladies, you know that. And there's nothing wrong with offering her upgrades, but it's never wise to speak ill of the girl who's about to carry you through places you'd not survive on your own... As for what makes me think you've not been addressed by the shuttle about dreaming to be 'more than what they were made for', I suspect you'd be looking a lot more disturbed by the notion than you do."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:49 am

[Umbrial Port, Later]

"Master Morgan gets what I'm talking about. The boring dusty real world version of the planets aren't anything too interesting. It's the mystical stuff that I wanna know about." Serge waving at his cabal mates when he saw them. "So is time that we board the ship." he added taking a look at the shuttle that they would boarded, wanting to see what it looked like.

"Well the Shard Realm or Fragmanti of Entropy which is the spiritual representation of Pluto is a icy world of wast mountains made of pure ice, a moon as large as the planet looms over it and a smaller, hidden moon holds a wast fortress that hoses Cerebrus the main Chantry of the Euthanathos Tradition and the domain of Senex, the Old Man."
Jeffry explained in his lecture mode.
"Ah yes...I supposed it is time to get inside."

"You know a lot of people who believed in guns over magick are dead now too Nick." Serge replied dryly as he examined the shuttle appearance. "Everyone knows about guns and to defend against them. But I'm sorta curious if your even aware of everything we can do."

Jeffry nodded at that but he did not comment he clearly agreed but he did not want Nicole to feel like the group was ganging up on her.
"I will go and check on Miss Alexander."
He said as he stood.
"And se if she is ready to go."

Colin smirked briefly and delivered a passable Peter Cushing impersonation, "Enough of this! Vader, release him! This bickering is pointless."
He cleared his throat and shook his head, "Movie quotes aside - and Mr. Cushing would have been somewhat disappointed in your treatment of that quote, Nick. Lovely, kind man, he was, but something of a professional perfectionist."

"I am afraid you have lost me Mr Wainwright, what do this have to do with someone named Mr Cushing?"
The old Hermetic said looking completely confused, then he shook his head and headed out of the shuttle to check on the Verbenas.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next