Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Before Going To Horizon-Downtime Scenes IC Thread

4 posters

Page 16 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 31  Next

Go down

Before Going To Horizon-Downtime Scenes IC Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: Before Going To Horizon-Downtime Scenes IC Thread

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:00 am

[Labyrinth, Tuesday Morning]

Colin wrote:He pondered for a moment, "Hum... the question is, where do these come from? Does the bowl regenerate them? Or teleport them in from various candy factories? Willy Wonka would be proud, I suppose..."
Anja wrote:"Let me check that."
Darrian said and he pulled a small bottle from his pocked at dripped a drop onto his own tongue then he looked at the candy and said.
"Sugar, artificial color, citrus oil...corn starch...it is indeed just a lemon candy."
Colin wrote:He smiled thinly and picked up a piece for himself, "Then a plain toffee should be safe."
Stuffing it in his mouth and giving it a couple of chews, he added, "Alas, earwax."

Serge also happily ate a piece of candy upon learning that they were safe to eat. He also pocketed a few of the tossed aside candy for later use.

Anja wrote:"That is a fair point young man, however such rooms are also likely to be protected."
Jeffry say.
"So we move with caution."
He said and he looked to Anna who was standing outside one of the doors with her pendulums.
"Yeah there is a pretty hefty ward on this."
The young apprentice said.
Colin wrote:He nodded to Serge, "I agree with our young enthusiast here. Not just enchanted stuff or valuables - there may be hungry pets or things that don't keep well, and I should rather prefer not to come back to find that some keg of solvent or something in a private room has leaked out and given Toby an upset stomach."
Anja wrote:Jeffry just nodded at that, and he cast another spell Perdo Vim and then pointed to the door Anna had told was warded.
"It should be safe to enter now."
He said before he went to do just that.

Serge followed Master Morgan and entered the de-warded room to see what was inside.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Before Going To Horizon-Downtime Scenes IC Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: Before Going To Horizon-Downtime Scenes IC Thread

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:09 am

Serge also happily ate a piece of candy upon learning that they were safe to eat. He also pocketed a few of the tossed aside candy for later use.

The candy tasted like lemons drops hard candy and was quite sweet and sour.

Serge followed Master Morgan and entered the de-warded room to see what was inside.

The room had white walls, a bed with blue and flowers bedding, a desk full of books and a computer, a book shelf full of book, a table and two chairs and a sofa in front of a TV, some potato chips left in a bowl on the table. There was a wardrobe and a vanity and a door that probably led to a small private bath...and there was an altar filled with candle sticks and offering bowls as well as a statue of two tentacled creatures doing unspeakable things with one another.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:15 pm

[Nicole's Apartment, Monday Evening]
Nicole wrote:'And how would this “Security Office” know anything about my history?' tone suspicious.
Colin arched an eyebrow, "They've got records on everything and everyone pertaining to Traditions security and law - admittedly, they could probably do with some better organisation, and they do need a bit of a cleanup considering a certain altar we found, but they're what we've got. Sort of a hybrid between the FBI and the NSA, I suppose, covering all under the Traditions' umbrella. If you've ever been involved in a legal issue - Tradition Law, not Mundane, mind you - there's a file on you somewhere. Doesn't mean they know everything, or that all the data they have is accurate, but the file should be there."

Nicole wrote:A disgusted shrug to this. It was quite clear the woman was developing a very poor view of Hermetics.
He smiled wryly, "Don't get me wrong, it's a bold, and not inaccurate, argument, I just don't believe it will suffice to prevent the hearing. But it may well affect the outcome."

Nicole wrote:The Etherite looked as though she was going to answer, but stopped herself. 'Yes, understood.' she stated simply.
He sighed, "Shutting down again, hm? I wish the Union could be as reasonable as you seem to think - but aside from individuals on their own, on neutral-ish ground, or when they were at a severe disadvantage, they're not prone to taking ours for reeducation. If you're lucky, you might get stuck in a shiny new Primium body with a flesh suit and a memory wipe, but that's about as far as they'll go."

Nicole wrote:'Yeah... it's called “people who try to force me to be something I ain't and don't want to be.”'
He nodded, "Psychiatrists - well, good ones, anyway - don't try to make you conform, but to make you healthy, to make you feel at home in your own mind and body. Helping you work through past trauma isn't about making you into someone else, but helping you resolve lingering issues. Clean out the closet and throw the garbage out, if you will."

Nicole wrote:'Not a 'shifter, if that's what you're asking.'
He nodded.

Nicole wrote:'Yes, understood.' she repeated.
He sighed, "Again with the shutdown... I do worry about you, Nicole. What you're doing... it's not a healthy defense mechanism."

Nicole wrote:'Erm... what am I agreeing to here?' she replied suspiciously.
He grinned, "Why, sharing in Kyle's pain to relieve the kid. Well, we've no shortage of volunteers, in any case."

Anja wrote:"It should taste like regular toffee."
Darrian replied looking a bit confused.
He chuckled, "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. Pretty good children's book, I'm rather surprised you haven't read it."
He paused for a moment, "Oh, right, the bloody Yank publishers changed the title into something nonsensical..."

Jeremy wrote:Serge also happily ate a piece of candy upon learning that they were safe to eat. He also pocketed a few of the tossed aside candy for later use.
He set the bowl down next to the pile of candies, "Well, I'm sure it won't spoil while we search."

((OOC: You do realize Colin poured the candies out on the table, not the floor, right?))

Anja wrote:"I mean when you take a break from whatever it is you do with demons to make a self filling candy bowl, what better than a demon orgy for the decorations."
Marian said with a shrug.
"Fucking Nephandi."
He shrugged, "Well, it is a rather... well-crafted piece, though. Quite tasteful... for its subject matter, I suppose. But I wouldn't want to have it on my living room table for guests to see."

Anja wrote:"Yeah but pretty simply, probably just something to let the owner know if someone have been in their room."
Anna replied after consulting her pendulum.
He pondered for a moment, then tapped his wristwatch, the circular dial serving as a circle for a brief bit of forewarning before he reached for the doorknob.

((OOC: So, a simple T2 effect, a few seconds of premonition to warn him if he's about to do something that'll hurt, like trigger a mechanical trap or something. Arete roll: 2,5,7. Coincidental, so... 2 successes? Or just 1?))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:37 pm

Anja's Post:

'We can talk of that later. For now, we have a... issue, like. There's some people in here not happy about you getting through the barriers.'

Colin's Post:

A long moment's consideration, then shook her head. 'Nope, not enough intel for the hit.'

Colin's Post:

Nicole nodded to this.

Colin's Post:

Yes, understood.' though her eyes replied 'Yeah, right.'

Colin's Post:

'Every action has a reaction.' she replied enigmatically.

Anja's Post:

'Ah. Thankyou.' she replied, taking the items and testing out the glasses.

Colin's Post:

'Do I look like Sybock?' she replied, then giving a nonchalant shrug. Nobody could have ink done over the spine and not have developed some tolerance for pain.

Anja's Post:

Silently, Nicole will retrieve her PDA from her rucksack and fire it up, waiting to catch Anna's eye and gesture for her to come over for a moment while she got the kit ready to scan the item.

Anja's Post:

On discovering that the room didn't contain either anything job-related or personal interest, she went back into the hallway, to keep watch. Primary thought; 'I wonder what Gramps would have made of this place?'

[When you say 'I am not going to change how Chantries take in members', does this extend to Chantries which do not exist yet in this game?]

[What interest groups is up to you – I merely was suggesting it as an ST story option, and not just for Nicole either. I would personally suggest they may revolve around 'known elements' of a character or perhaps a meeting in a location of said interest. For example, Serge's experience with the killer tree might attract a kind of 'fay experiences' group or something.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:22 pm

He chuckled, "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. Pretty good children's book, I'm rather surprised you haven't read it."
He paused for a moment, "Oh, right, the bloody Yank publishers changed the title into something nonsensical..."

"Working to become a Master of the Art have not really allowed for allot of time to read fiction Mr Wainwright, and now with a student as well."
Darrian replied.
"But I am sure it is entertaining. That something have the title Philosophers Stone will not make me that interested though since few have much knowledge of it outside of the very small community of actual alchemists. It is a term many like to throw around though."

He set the bowl down next to the pile of candies, "Well, I'm sure it won't spoil while we search."

"Well the bowl is small I am sure we can bring it with us."
Marian said.

He shrugged, "Well, it is a rather... well-crafted piece, though. Quite tasteful... for its subject matter, I suppose. But I wouldn't want to have it on my living room table for guests to see."

"I mean if demon orgies are your thing then I am sure it is great."
Dion said with a smirk.

He pondered for a moment, then tapped his wristwatch, the circular dial serving as a circle for a brief bit of forewarning before he reached for the doorknob.

You entered the less warded room and indeed your watched showed you an alarm went of. A big meneko neko on a table by the door maued loudly when you entered. The room was clearly the home of a young girl, there was some clothes on the floor, a desk full of books and this room also had a computer. There was a simple copper summoning circle in the floor, laid into the bone. There was a working table with ritual tools, a bed, wardrobe and vanity, a pair of chairs and a table in front of a TV, one shelf held a few books and it and another shelf held at least 200 meneko nekos, plastic ones, porcelain, glass, metal, all sorts of sizes and colors, even meneko neko cups and bowls. There was posters of pop stars on the walls.

Ah. Thankyou.' she replied, taking the items and testing out the glasses.

Darrian nodded at your thanks. Once you sprayed the glasses with the mixture you saw the pain spirits in the library talking with Colin. They looked a bit like Cenobites really, distorted representations of pain.

Do I look like Sybock?' she replied, then giving a nonchalant shrug. Nobody could have ink done over the spine and not have developed some tolerance for pain.

"Well it is more mental discomfort I fear. Kyle is afraid of being restrained and that fear will be triggered at Horizon, in addition to the pain he will suffer if he is Branded...and the fear of the whole thing. It is not something I expect others to share."
Jeffry replied.

Silently, Nicole will retrieve her PDA from her rucksack and fire it up, waiting to catch Anna's eye and gesture for her to come over for a moment while she got the kit ready to scan the item.

Anna headed over playing with her pendulum as she went.
"What do you need Ma'am she asked?"

On discovering that the room didn't contain either anything job-related or personal interest, she went back into the hallway, to keep watch. Primary thought; 'I wonder what Gramps would have made of this place?'

Again the spirit bipped on the app but it did not come closer it just seamed to wander the corridors.

We can talk of that later. For now, we have a... issue, like. There's some people in here not happy about you getting through the barriers.'

"The imp let me in...but if I am not wanted I can leave but I do not want to it is nice here."
The spirit said with a sigh.

(OOC: I mean the general policy of the Traditions. Like I said some few Chantries like Steelhaven have forgone the Sentinel arangement, and smaller, weaker Chantries might not have them but most established Chantries do.)

(OOC 2: That can work, well Nicole is getting involved with those interested in Cybernetics.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:03 pm

Nicole wrote:A long moment's consideration, then shook her head. 'Nope, not enough intel for the hit.'
Colin nodded, "Not on its own, no... hum, have you met with any relatives after coming to Boston? Relatives among the abducted kinfolk, perhaps?"

Nicole wrote:Yes, understood.' though her eyes replied 'Yeah, right.'
He sighed, giving Nicole a long, hard look, "Look... consider it like this - how many situations do you recall over the past couple of months here at Steelhaven, when your fight-or-flight instinct has kicked in without anyone else seeing a clear and present danger? And I count that smarmy Flavian here - you did pick up on something, after all, even if you were goaded. Just a rough estimate?"

Nicole wrote:'Every action has a reaction.' she replied enigmatically.
He frowned, "Hmmh, yes, but some times, the pendulum swings a bit too far in the opposite direction... and then Focault may happen."

Nicole wrote:'Do I look like Sybock?' she replied, then giving a nonchalant shrug. Nobody could have ink done over the spine and not have developed some tolerance for pain.
He gave her a look of deep thought, "Perhaps if you grew a beard... but TOS Klingon would probably be closer."

Anja wrote:"Working to become a Master of the Art have not really allowed for allot of time to read fiction Mr Wainwright, and now with a student as well."
Darrian replied.
"But I am sure it is entertaining. That something have the title Philosophers Stone will not make me that interested though since few have much knowledge of it outside of the very small community of actual alchemists. It is a term many like to throw around though."
He nodded, "It's not bad, could probably be a good choice for your apprentice. And in this case, it's correctly used - the titular macguffin being a red stone created by Nicolas Flamel. Who is, in fact, still alive in the book, though without making an actual appearance."

Anja wrote:"I mean if demon orgies are your thing then I am sure it is great."
Dion said with a smirk.
He shook his head, "Well, to whomever fancies the look. I'm not even going to bother daring someone to try to gift it to Madame Gottschalk as a joke."

Anja wrote:You entered the less warded room and indeed your watched showed you an alarm went of. A big meneko neko on a table by the door maued loudly when you entered. The room was clearly the home of a young girl, there was some clothes on the floor, a desk full of books and this room also had a computer. There was a simple copper summoning circle in the floor, laid into the bone. There was a working table with ritual tools, a bed, wardrobe and vanity, a pair of chairs and a table in front of a TV, one shelf held a few books and it and another shelf held at least 200 meneko nekos, plastic ones, porcelain, glass, metal, all sorts of sizes and colors, even meneko neko cups and bowls. There was posters of pop stars on the walls.
He looked around thoughtfully for a moment, then tapped out a quick message to the escapee with a shard cluster Avatar, 'Just a question, was your room cat-themed?', not even expecting it to actually go through until he got back outside the Labyrinth.

Then he returned to the corridor and closed the door, "I will pack down this room later; I have a hunch about its owner... who would not be Fallen if I have the right of it."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:07 pm

He nodded, "It's not bad, could probably be a good choice for your apprentice. And in this case, it's correctly used - the titular macguffin being a red stone created by Nicolas Flamel. Who is, in fact, still alive in the book, though without making an actual appearance."

"So they got the bare basics of the legend right, it is the same as fantasy where magic users run around with a wand and chant, it do not mean it will have much educational value. If my apprentice desire to read such a book in her spare time certinly but I see no value beyond entertainment Mr Wainwright."
Darrian said with a shrug.

He shook his head, "Well, to whomever fancies the look. I'm not even going to bother daring someone to try to gift it to Madame Gottschalk as a joke."

"Since I fancy staying alive so I will not be doing that Mr Wainwright."
Dion said with a chuckle.

He looked around thoughtfully for a moment, then tapped out a quick message to the escapee with a shard cluster Avatar, 'Just a question, was your room cat-themed?', not even expecting it to actually go through until he got back outside the Labyrinth.

You got no reply now but after you returned to physical reality you will get the reply.
"Not my room now but Kira, another apprentice collect Meneko Nekos."

Then he returned to the corridor and closed the door, "I will pack down this room later; I have a hunch about its owner... who would not be Fallen if I have the right of it."

"Not Fallen and still alive after the raid on the Labyrinth Mr Wainwright?"
Darrian asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:08 am

Anja wrote:The room had white walls, a bed with blue and flowers bedding, a desk full of books and a computer, a book shelf full of book, a table and two chairs and a sofa in front of a TV, some potato chips left in a bowl on the table. There was a wardrobe and a vanity and a door that probably led to a small private bath...and there was an altar filled with candle sticks and offering bowls as well as a statue of two tentacled creatures doing unspeakable things with one another.

"This place looks fancy." Serge said as he glanced around the room absent-mindedly searching around for anything of interest. "Can any of you guys sense anything magickal in here?" he asked as he searched.

(OOC: Lol yeah I realized the candy were on the table after it was specified. I just really enjoyed the idea of Serge ravenously glancing at candy on the ground and I think that reflected in my writing.)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:23 am

"This place looks fancy." Serge said as he glanced around the room absent-mindedly searching around for anything of interest. "Can any of you guys sense anything magickal in here?" he asked as he searched.

Jeffry moved his hands in intricate sigils and muttered a few words.
"No nothing, there is Resonance off course, allot of magick have been cast here but no talismans, they are fairly rare you know young man."
The Chief said.
"We should move to the next room."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:22 pm

Anja wrote:"So they got the bare basics of the legend right, it is the same as fantasy where magic users run around with a wand and chant, it do not mean it will have much educational value. If my apprentice desire to read such a book in her spare time certinly but I see no value beyond entertainment Mr Wainwright."
Darrian said with a shrug.
He nodded, "In terms of magic, no, not much educational value. But fantasy novels don't teach children that dragons exist, it teaches them that dragons can be defeated. And in this series' case - that pursuit of immortality at all costs is a dark, dark path. It's worth shortlisting, at least."

Anja wrote:"Since I fancy staying alive so I will not be doing that Mr Wainwright."
Dion said with a chuckle.
He grinned, "You have gained wisdom, grasshopper."

Anja wrote:"Not Fallen and still alive after the raid on the Labyrinth Mr Wainwright?"
Darrian asked.
He nodded, "A young lady with a shard cluster; can't go through a Caul in the first place. I am aware she snuck away before we attacked, but I do not believe she'll be a threat. I will try to track her down, maybe sway her to our side, she might have a modest chance at thriving with the Traditions. Besides..."

He paused for a moment, "No, wait, this wasn't her room, Kira said she had a collection... ah, well, the contents of this room should be decided on by Lady Crexia, as her apprentice's old possessions - she'll want to investigate the computer, for certain, and there are some tools, but mostly figurines."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:35 pm

He nodded, "In terms of magic, no, not much educational value. But fantasy novels don't teach children that dragons exist, it teaches them that dragons can be defeated. And in this series' case - that pursuit of immortality at all costs is a dark, dark path. It's worth shortlisting, at least."

"And what is it the alchemist is supposed to have done in this book which is so dark? In most fantasy in my experience any search for immortality is shown as dark and wrong, kids are taught that the right thing to do is to meekly accept infirmity and death and thus aging and death remain part of the Consensus."
Darrian said and he did not sound convinced.

He grinned, "You have gained wisdom, grasshopper."

Dion gave a wry smile at that.

He nodded, "A young lady with a shard cluster; can't go through a Caul in the first place. I am aware she snuck away before we attacked, but I do not believe she'll be a threat. I will try to track her down, maybe sway her to our side, she might have a modest chance at thriving with the Traditions. Besides..."

"This young lady threw her lot in with the Nephandi though so you have to excuse me for being skeptical Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said and he did not sound convinced this was a good idea and neither did Darrian.
"Not everyone can be saved Mr Wainwright."
The alchemist said.

He paused for a moment, "No, wait, this wasn't her room, Kira said she had a collection... ah, well, the contents of this room should be decided on by Lady Crexia, as her apprentice's old possessions - she'll want to investigate the computer, for certain, and there are some tools, but mostly figurines."

"It will be up to Lady Crexia then, the girl is her responsibility now."
Jeffry said as he moved to the next door down the line and he and Anna took care of any wards.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:13 pm

Anja wrote:"And what is it the alchemist is supposed to have done in this book which is so dark? In most fantasy in my experience any search for immortality is shown as dark and wrong, kids are taught that the right thing to do is to meekly accept infirmity and death and thus aging and death remain part of the Consensus."
Darrian said and he did not sound convinced.
Colin shook his head, "Forgive me, I was unclear. Flamel did no wrong, the villain is a monster who pursues the Philosopher's Stone in question, to steal immortality for himself. Murdering people to create artifacts to keep pieces of his soul bound to the mortal world... It gets a little bit complicated as the series goes on, though it leans more toward living an extended life through, hm, living a good, full life being the 'right' way to do it, rather than pursuing immortality, with no concern for who you make pay for it."

Anja wrote:"This young lady threw her lot in with the Nephandi though so you have to excuse me for being skeptical Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said and he did not sound convinced this was a good idea and neither did Darrian.
"Not everyone can be saved Mr Wainwright."
The alchemist said.
He smiled thinly, "No, not everyone... and while I wish her no ill, I won't ignore it if she decides to be a peril unto the world. If it comes to that... well, si vis pacem."

Anja wrote:"It will be up to Lady Crexia then, the girl is her responsibility now."
Jeffry said as he moved to the next door down the line and he and Anna took care of any wards.
He nodded, "Quite. I will have the room packed down as delicately as possible and let the good Lady decide on everything. I suspect she'll save the collection, if not the tools."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:53 pm

Anja's Post:

'They weren't meant to, like. But it does show we could do with more help...' wondering if the spirit was smart enough to follow the suggested solution.

Colin's Post:

'Yes and no. And the meets were at neutral places and I did take precautions, like.' a little frown. 'I don't think you get it; I was only able to be reliably found at Kennedy at that time of day for 'bout six, p'haps seven month; Prov was never my turf.'

Colin's Post:

A silence, as she returned the look before replying. 'Also immune to disease and can't remember the last time I like, got food poisoning. Theories, Sherlock?' continuing to watch as she tore another strip off the chop. Before swallowing, looked at the meat critically, as though trying to recall just how old it was.

Colin's Post:

Another silence. Then a shrug. 'Anyway... if I'm fucking stuck here, might as well finish up the personal shit first. That'll take me up to... Christmas, I guess.' making it quite clear she neither desired to remain or do said shit.

Anja's Post:

'Two points. One, is this brain like, an actual brain and two, is this normal?' pointing to the BCI, then gesturing to the person filming their expedition to take a close-up of the brain.

Anja's Post:

As it appeared the rest were finishing up in the room, Nicole's mind freewheeled; 'If this place gets lonely... somehow, perhaps we could introduce like, a few rats-spirits or something to keep it company?'

[I'd say it's more 'a norm' than 'a rule' because the Traditions don't really have much of a centralised body (if they did try to enforce such a thing, at least one Tradition's Chantries would tell the rest to jump off a cliff). It's what makes the games infinitely replayable; you can (say) take part in a dozen VtM games and each one would be radically different but all still 'remain true to canon'.]

[Think the local cybernetics group might want to present her with a fruit basket, at least.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:02 pm

They weren't meant to, like. But it does show we could do with more help...' wondering if the spirit was smart enough to follow the suggested solution.

"Yeah depend on the help, if you are thinking being a security breach I am not doing that, I thought I was welcome but I am not pissing of a shit ton of trigger happy mages, I like existing."
The rat spirit said and she went back to scratching her own belly.

Colin shook his head, "Forgive me, I was unclear. Flamel did no wrong, the villain is a monster who pursues the Philosopher's Stone in question, to steal immortality for himself. Murdering people to create artifacts to keep pieces of his soul bound to the mortal world... It gets a little bit complicated as the series goes on, though it leans more toward living an extended life through, hm, living a good, full life being the 'right' way to do it, rather than pursuing immortality, with no concern for who you make pay for it."

"I see and let me guess since Flamel is a good guy in this he have decided to give up immortality and quietly age and die since he have learned the value of death."
Darrian said with a sigh.
"Listen Mr Wainwright if my apprentice wish to read this book I see no reason to deny her, what she do in her free time is up to her but from what you have said here there do not seam to be a reason to particularly recommend it either."

He smiled thinly, "No, not everyone... and while I wish her no ill, I won't ignore it if she decides to be a peril unto the world. If it comes to that... well, si vis pacem."

"Well unless this person was held against her will Mr Wainwright then she already decided to be a peril onto the world."
Jeffry said with a frown.
"What makes you think she is worth a second chance?"

He nodded, "Quite. I will have the room packed down as delicately as possible and let the good Lady decide on everything. I suspect she'll save the collection, if not the tools."

The old Hermetic nodded tot hat.
"It will all be up to Lady Crexia but I do not see a reason why the girl can not get her trinkets back."

'Two points. One, is this brain like, an actual brain and two, is this normal?' pointing to the BCI, then gesturing to the person filming their expedition to take a close-up of the brain.

Marian filmed and got some close ups. Anna nodded.
"Well yes and no it is not a human braid but it was grown by Toby and is alive and have brain cells."[quote]

As it appeared the rest were finishing up in the room, Nicole's mind freewheeled; 'If this place gets lonely... somehow, perhaps we could introduce like, a few rats-spirits or something to keep it company?']

"Toby might like that ma'am."
Anna agreed with a nod.

(OOC: Like I said several times now it is not a law in the Traditions you have to do this, and some Chantries like Steelhaven do not have a Sentinel Cabal, but most do. In 1 and 2 editions the Traditions very much have a centralized body the Primi at Horizon.)
(OOC 2; Yes the local Cybernetics group would really like Nicole right now as she did save them.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:19 am

Anja wrote:Jeffry moved his hands in intricate sigils and muttered a few words.
"No nothing, there is Resonance off course, allot of magick have been cast here but no talismans, they are fairly rare you know young man."
The Chief said.
"We should move to the next room."

Serge nodded and made his way towards the next room, hoping there would be more magickal items despite what the Master said.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:23 am

Serge nodded and made his way towards the next room, hoping there would be more magickal items despite what the Master said.

Anna nodded and indicated one of the doors.
"This is clear now Sir."
She said. Jeffry headed into the door, thorugh the open door you saw some red curtains and some carpets on the floor. It was a bedroom with a bed, a closet, a desk, a few book shelves some chairs and a TV as well as a small ritual area, there was nothing unusual here. A frilm was still on pause on the TV the occupant had been watching it when the Labyrinth was attacked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:31 pm

Nicole wrote:'Yes and no. And the meets were at neutral places and I did take precautions, like.' a little frown. 'I don't think you get it; I was only able to be reliably found at Kennedy at that time of day for 'bout six, p'haps seven month; Prov was never my turf.'
Colin nodded thoughtfully, "There may have been some sort of proximity detection spell - essentially, they tried to find a time and place where more than one person from the Cabal or Chantry were accessible, pre-Awakening. Easy pickings."

Nicole wrote:A silence, as she returned the look before replying. 'Also immune to disease and can't remember the last time I like, got food poisoning. Theories, Sherlock?' continuing to watch as she tore another strip off the chop. Before swallowing, looked at the meat critically, as though trying to recall just how old it was.
He shook his head, "It isn't your ability to spot threats and anomalies I am speaking of, it's your, hm, lizard-brain immediately taking over, rather than keeping a cool head and alerting others to the issue before going off like an ornery grenade."

Nicole wrote:Another silence. Then a shrug. 'Anyway... if I'm fucking stuck here, might as well finish up the personal shit first. That'll take me up to... Christmas, I guess.' making it quite clear she neither desired to remain or do said shit.
He smiled wryly, "Well, then... let's see if we can't find some justification for you to linger a bit longer by then... or at least make sure you don't leave with more unwanted baggage than you arrived with."

Anja wrote:"I see and let me guess since Flamel is a good guy in this he have decided to give up immortality and quietly age and die since he have learned the value of death."
Darrian said with a sigh.
"Listen Mr Wainwright if my apprentice wish to read this book I see no reason to deny her, what she do in her free time is up to her but from what you have said here there do not seam to be a reason to particularly recommend it either."
He shook his head, "No, I don't..."
He paused, "Huh, I don't actually recall if that was even mentioned. Seeing as he doesn't actually show up, he only made the Macguffin centuries ago, it may have gone without mention. I'll have to reread the end of the book to check. I'll make you a wager, though; if Flamel remains immortal, I'll recommend the books to Cava for some light recreation. If he 'nobly concedes his immortality', I'll never recommend the author again."

Anja wrote:"Well unless this person was held against her will Mr Wainwright then she already decided to be a peril onto the world."
Jeffry said with a frown.
"What makes you think she is worth a second chance?"
He gave Jeffry a long, almost disappointed look, then asked softly, "Because what right do I, of all people, have to deny others a chance to set things right?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:26 pm

He shook his head, "No, I don't..."
He paused, "Huh, I don't actually recall if that was even mentioned. Seeing as he doesn't actually show up, he only made the Macguffin centuries ago, it may have gone without mention. I'll have to reread the end of the book to check. I'll make you a wager, though; if Flamel remains immortal, I'll recommend the books to Cava for some light recreation. If he 'nobly concedes his immortality', I'll never recommend the author again."

"Yeah don't make that wager Mr Wainwright, Flamel do stop being immortal in the books, though I do not remember if it was the effect of his life extension magic fading or if it was that he decided to stop being immortal."
Marian commented as he walked around the with camera documenting everything.

He gave Jeffry a long, almost disappointed look, then asked softly, "Because what right do I, of all people, have to deny others a chance to set things right?"

"You never joined the Nephandi knowing full well the vile things they do my good man."
Jeffry said simply.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:10 pm

Anja's Post:

A little sigh. 'More the point being; if something friendly can get in without any of us noticing, what about something unfriendly?' a short pause, to let this sink in. 'I've had a word, like; they're open to the idea of letting you stay. But what's in it for us?'

Colin's Post:

A moment's consideration. 'That cannot be, like easy a project to run.' giving a frown. 'Though turned out I counted as Awake even back then, like.'

Colin's Post:

'You can't say that. If it was like true I wouldn't be here at all.' consuming the last bit of the chop.

Colin's Post:

'Why, so I'm here for when this show totally fucks up and you need me to help pull a few from the burning wreckage?'

Anja's Post:

'I mean... is this... his brain? Or part of it?' giving a little frown as she connected the sensor to the PDA. 'Plus, is it normal for it to have a cybernetic connection?' putting the sensor onto the main cable and seeing if she could pick up any signals from it, hoping the cable wasn't too heavily insulated...

[Attempting 'Transmission Scan']

[Nicole's view about rat-spirits keeping the Labyrinth company was a thought, so Anna can't respond to it (unless she managed to read Nicole's mind). Spoken comments are bolded.]

[The Traditions has a central body which is relatively toothless and ossified. Reading the Horizon splat reminded me of the Camarilla's Inner Circle. (Or as Dante put it, the United Nations). Means that ultimately, most of the power will reside with local Tradition leaders and Chantry heads (which is where they like it). Though speaking of which; you know 2015 is the slated date for the 61st Council meeting?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:46 am

Anja wrote:Anna nodded and indicated one of the doors.
"This is clear now Sir."
She said. Jeffry headed into the door, thorugh the open door you saw some red curtains and some carpets on the floor. It was a bedroom with a bed, a closet, a desk, a few book shelves some chairs and a TV as well as a small ritual area, there was nothing unusual here. A frilm was still on pause on the TV the occupant had been watching it when the Labyrinth was attacked.

"I bet he's hiding stuff under his mattress. That's where all sketchy guys place things in the movies." Serge said walking up to the bed and lifting up the mattress to see if there was anything hidden underneath.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:53 am

A little sigh. 'More the point being; if something friendly can get in without any of us noticing, what about something unfriendly?' a short pause, to let this sink in. 'I've had a word, like; they're open to the idea of letting you stay. But what's in it for us?'

"Your wards are strong, I could not come in if not invited, but perhaps to many have admin privileges."
The rat spirit said then she looked at Nicole.
"You get the pleasure of my company, I am really cute."
She said rolling over on her back showing her fat belly.
"I mean just look at me...look how cute I am."

'I mean... is this... his brain? Or part of it?' giving a little frown as she connected the sensor to the PDA. 'Plus, is it normal for it to have a cybernetic connection?' putting the sensor onto the main cable and seeing if she could pick up any signals from it, hoping the cable wasn't too heavily insulated...

"It is a ehm...date processing thing. Toby do not really have a brain he is a spirit, he is just a consciousness, he can make these brains to make it easier for technomancers to access his functions as needed. Our Labyrinth did not have allot of techies so we had chrystals manifest for storage of data."
Anna explained.
"Toby can make whatever his inhabitants need I suspect the Labyrinth had some technomancers who needed such connections, or they could have been installed later if he did not grow them."
You could pick up signals from the brain, there seamed to be something stored on it and it also seamed to have a operating system.

I bet he's hiding stuff under his mattress. That's where all sketchy guys place things in the movies." Serge said walking up to the bed and lifting up the mattress to see if there was anything hidden underneath.

You found three porn magazines, several pairs of dirty socks and a plate that should have been taken to the kitchen for washing a long time ago.
"Did you find anything Sir?"
Anna asked.

(OOC: Ah ok about the rat spirit.)
(OOC 2: There is still a central leadership and there are a hiriachy of powerful Chantries, this is not 3ed where it is very street level and one Chantry might know one or two others and that is it. I did not know that about the date.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:40 pm

Anja wrote:"Your wards are strong, I could not come in if not invited, but perhaps to many have admin privileges."
The rat spirit said then she looked at Nicole.
"You get the pleasure of my company, I am really cute."
She said rolling over on her back showing her fat belly.
"I mean just look at me...look how cute I am."
Colin chuckled softly, commencing the tummy scritches, "Well, this is true. Perhaps a little too true on the first point..."

Nicole wrote:A moment's consideration. 'That cannot be, like easy a project to run.' giving a frown. 'Though turned out I counted as Awake even back then, like.'
He nodded, "Not easy, no, but between Jace and Rust, I'd say they had more than enough power and skill to pull it off. Rust was good at his work, only reason I got him was that he decided to get cocky and began taunting me instead of trying to finish me. Jace, though... I don't believe he's made any such mistakes."

Nicole wrote:'You can't say that. If it was like true I wouldn't be here at all.' consuming the last bit of the chop.
He smiled thinly, "Well, now... it's not true all the time. Still, you do tend to react aggressively rather quickly. You're good at noticing something off, it's just your immediate response patterns that need some tempering. Taking a few steps back and an apologetic tone in a social situation, while kicking the ball upstairs, can pay far greater dividends than trying to fix the problem yourself with incomplete information."

Nicole wrote:'Why, so I'm here for when this show totally fucks up and you need me to help pull a few from the burning wreckage?'
He sighed, "Well, there is the assault we're preparing for, just over New Year's - I'd really like you to help fend off the Union then, too - but we've called in allies to help with that..."
He paused, "Hum, come to think of it, that might be caused by strings pulled by Jace, though it's hard to say for certain... but in any case, yes, I would like a competent and well-armed grunt available to help if everything goes pear-shaped. Hope for the best, plan for the worst. You are rather more than a contingency plan, though."

Anja wrote:"Yeah don't make that wager Mr Wainwright, Flamel do stop being immortal in the books, though I do not remember if it was the effect of his life extension magic fading or if it was that he decided to stop being immortal."
Marian commented as he walked around the with camera documenting everything.
He grunted, "Well, bugger... I'll keep my word, though, but I'd best reread that chapter, all the same, to look at how it's phrased."

Anja wrote:"You never joined the Nephandi knowing full well the vile things they do my good man."
Jeffry said simply.
He frowned, "I dare say it may be the inverse - few people join the Nephandi fully informed, or given a genuine choice in the matter. Under duress, by deception... and trying to get out later will put you on three separate factions' hit list. But no, if she's genuinely loyal to the cause, I can't spare her. A chance to make things right requires the will to do so; if that's not there, well..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:05 pm

Anja's Post:

'Losing a kilo or two would help, if charming is your goal.' Nicole thought, before turning her attention to negotiation. 'Well, we could do with a scout, like. Y'know, keep an eye on the block or two around the building. To come back and tell us if anyone's been asking about us or watching us.'

Colin's Post:

A shrug to this.

Colin's Post:

'What is this, school? Run off to Teach to bitch if someone stole our ball in the yard?' she replied, tone contemptuous. 'Plus, the Chief is trying to fucking do everything himself, like. Though this ain't my problem no more...' giving another shrug.

Colin's Post:

A short pause, as the looked at her nails for a moment. 'What's in it for me?' she replied baldly.

Anja's Post:

'So... if someone had their own BCI, they might be able to hook themselves up to the ship through this?' giving a little frown, wondering if the ship already had the capability of having a pilot/handler without having to be permanently wired into it. 'Or even to have, like manual controls wired in?' looking at the PDA screen, trying to make sense of the data being presented.

Colin's Post:

'Fucking tell me about it.' she mused, in the hallway, on watch.

[True. But if the 'United Nations' description is correct, it means Horizon is not much more than the 'First Chantry' and figurehead of the Traditions, and generally speaking every Chantry is 'independent'. After all, it has little direct power; it cannot order, say the Order of Hermes to provide more Mages for it's defence or the Etherite Fleet to send more ships.]

[I am aware that the other thread needs looking at. Was planning to clear it couple of days ago, but I've currently got flu.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:28 pm

Colin chuckled softly, commencing the tummy scritches, "Well, this is true. Perhaps a little too true on the first point..."

The huge rad looked so happy to be scratched, though you only felt slight tingling in your fingers.

'Well, we could do with a scout, like. Y'know, keep an eye on the block or two around the building. To come back and tell us if anyone's been asking about us or watching us.'

"So...spying...yes I can do that."
The rat said as she kicked her legs enthusiastically as Colin scratched her belly.
"And in return I get a home and food?"
She asked.

He grunted, "Well, bugger... I'll keep my word, though, but I'd best reread that chapter, all the same, to look at how it's phrased."

Darrian gave a nod at that.

He frowned, "I dare say it may be the inverse - few people join the Nephandi fully informed, or given a genuine choice in the matter. Under duress, by deception... and trying to get out later will put you on three separate factions' hit list. But no, if she's genuinely loyal to the cause, I can't spare her. A chance to make things right requires the will to do so; if that's not there, well..."

"No, to assume all Nephandi are just innocent victims who joined by duress are naive."
Jeffry said sternly.
"Most know exactly what they are doing, and either like the ideals of the Nephandi or believe that such a membership can get them something and they are willing to pay the price and have other pay the price for them to get it. Yes the Nephandi sure some to them but most walk into the Nephandi eyes open and they get very little sympathy from me, so even if this woman is not loyal to the Nephandi's cause but just decided to work with them for personal gain she will not get any help or compassion from me and associating with her will be illegal, she should be brought in to stand trial for her crimes."

So... if someone had their own BCI, they might be able to hook themselves up to the ship through this?' giving a little frown, wondering if the ship already had the capability of having a pilot/handler without having to be permanently wired into it. 'Or even to have, like manual controls wired in?' looking at the PDA screen, trying to make sense of the data being presented.

"If that is a jack in their heads Ma'am then yes I believe so."
Anna said with a nod.
"Control over this flesh computer sure, control over the ship, no."
The girl said. The data seamed to be for the most part information, perhaps videos texts and books of various types.

'Fucking tell me about it.' she mused, in the hallway, on watch.

There was not much happening in the hallway other than Anna heading to another door to check it for wards.

(OOC: A Chantry have a great deal of independence yes but they are still part of a bigger organization and do not stand alone. Actually it is completely within the power of Horizon to do that but usually they do not as the Chantries within a city or area tend to sort things liek that out themselves. Now off course you can run a Mage game where each Chantry stand basically alone, but it have been made clear from the start that is not how this game is run, in this game there is a tight leadership of the Traditions, which go down to the Tribunals and then to Chantries and then to individual Cabals.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:17 am

Anja wrote:"So...spying...yes I can do that."
The rat said as she kicked her legs enthusiastically as Colin scratched her belly.
"And in return I get a home and food?"
She asked.
Colin arched an eyebrow at Nicole, "Your call, Nick - but there is one thing we should clear up first."
Turning to the rat spirit, he continued, "By what name should we call you? I am not demanding your True Name, but some reference by which you could be summoned and addressed would be rather crucial."

Nicole wrote:'What is this, school? Run off to Teach to bitch if someone stole our ball in the yard?' she replied, tone contemptuous. 'Plus, the Chief is trying to fucking do everything himself, like. Though this ain't my problem no more...' giving another shrug.
He frowned, "School? Hardly. But there is a rank hierarchy, like the military. The Chief does handle most things security-related, though he does delegate some tasks."

Nicole wrote:A short pause, as the looked at her nails for a moment. 'What's in it for me?' she replied baldly.
He smiled wryly, "I'm guessing 'my undying gratitude' won't cut it? Not to worry; I've every intent to help you with academical advancement, if you ask for it. And while I'm not rich, I can help with some resources, should you need them. Nothing illegal, mind."

Anja wrote:"No, to assume all Nephandi are just innocent victims who joined by duress are naive."
Jeffry said sternly.
"Most know exactly what they are doing, and either like the ideals of the Nephandi or believe that such a membership can get them something and they are willing to pay the price and have other pay the price for them to get it. Yes the Nephandi sure some to them but most walk into the Nephandi eyes open and they get very little sympathy from me, so even if this woman is not loyal to the Nephandi's cause but just decided to work with them for personal gain she will not get any help or compassion from me and associating with her will be illegal, she should be brought in to stand trial for her crimes."
He nodded, "Sorry, to clarify - I doubt most who are recruited join with full awareness or have other options. The ones who actively seek them out, on the other hand, no, there's little going back for them. Even the poor chap who Fell after losing his last apprentice to the bloody Ascension War acknowledged that he'd made his bed, and wasn't going to turn that around, even if he surrendered fully and talked after I showed him some of his apprentices reborn... For a lot, the only viable mercy is a clean, quick death. But even if I am inclined to grant a chance to set things right, I'm not keen on breaking the law to do so."

Moving on to the next uninvestigated room, Colin waited calmly for Anna to give the 'all clear' concerning wards.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 31  Next