Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Shuttle, Corrupted Guards and Dragon-IC Thread 57

4 posters

Page 15 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 30  Next

Go down

The Shuttle, Corrupted Guards and Dragon-IC Thread 57 - Page 15 Empty Re: The Shuttle, Corrupted Guards and Dragon-IC Thread 57

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:32 am

[Explorer]

Anja's Post:

'Great idea. Show them the people they ain't seen yet and the internals of the ship so the Union can view it later.'

Anja's Post:

A moment's silence. 'You telling me there ain't no mechanical override for helm control? That it's all routed through the computer?'

Anja's Post:

'Of course not. What's the point of a secret switch if you know about it?' she replied, taking the rag from Jac and starting to wipe down the innards of the arm. 'Oh. You'll get a reformat now. Sorry.'

Anja's Post:

Another silence, as Nicole filtered this through what she thought the Chief's mind looked like. 'Is it possible for another person in a different place to overhear you talking to Horizon, and to like say, send a ship to our location and blow us up before backup arrives?'

Anja's Post:

'You can't, you're on the helm.' Nicole replied, not looking up from her task. 'Which is why I am here.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

The Shuttle, Corrupted Guards and Dragon-IC Thread 57 - Page 15 Empty Re: The Shuttle, Corrupted Guards and Dragon-IC Thread 57

Post by Warpmind Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:39 am

[Explorer]
Nicole wrote:'Yes... let's get the computer working, so it can signal "help, I'm being stolen!" to every Union ship remotely near us.' she quipped sarcastically, loud enough so the others could hear. 'Nice try, tin man.'
Anja wrote:"Well there is that, then again the computer systems are a integral part of the ship function if you want to fly it."
Arland replied.
Nicole wrote:A moment's silence. 'You telling me there ain't no mechanical override for helm control? That it's all routed through the computer?'
Colin peered in at the two, "You know, the Pattern Spiders only repair broken things. Simply disconnecting the comms array without breaking it should ensure no signal will be sent. And looking at the ship's design, I'm not certain how much of the controls would have any practical benefit of mechanical overrides... this isn't a sports car, after all, and it's not as though steering relies on ailerons and rudders."

Jeremy wrote:"For my own peace of my mind I'm going to focus on the selfless side of things." Serge muttered to himself.
Anja wrote:"As long as that do not get in the way or get you killed kid certainly whatever work for you."
Amadeus said with a sigh.
He gave Serge's shoulder a light squeeze, "Good lad. The ship is valuable, but only a secondary concern - getting the crew home is the important thing."

Anja wrote:"I believe it is safer to bring Arland to the shuttle and restrain him there."
Jeffry replied.
"Check on the explorer's armaments but if they function then yes agreed a gunner might be a good idea, who do you suggest?"
Anja wrote:'Great idea. Show them the people they ain't seen yet and the internals of the ship so the Union can view it later.'
He nodded to Nicole, "She's right - it might be better to just let him sit in his charging station and rest, under some adequate restraints for the trip."

Jeremy wrote:"Does anyone here have ship gunnery skills? Cause that feels like the obvious starting point." Serge said. "And also checking if the armaments are functioning in the first place. Is that something we can ask the pattern spiders?"
Anja wrote:"We can try but Pattern Spiders like most Umbroods can at times be hard to understand."
Jac said.
"I should be able to handle the weapons systems though but I am hardly an expert."
Nicole wrote:'You can't, you're on the helm.' Nicole replied, not looking up from her task. 'Which is why I am here.'
He nodded, "I suggest our, ah, Armsmaster to take gunner duty; of course, there's the question of, hm... Arland, what's the weapons interface like - Star Trek-style control panels, or simpler triggers?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:00 am

[Explorer]

Colin's Post:

A "duh" glance from Nicole in return. 'That if the computer is out of action, the ship can still fly and fight?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:30 am

[Explorer]
Nicole wrote:A "duh" glance from Nicole in return. 'That if the computer is out of action, the ship can still fly and fight?'
Colin shook his head, "Missing the point, Sarge, I'm saying I'm not sure how much of the ship's steering can even be done mechanically, override or not. This ship is a bit more sophisticated than the space shuttle, after all."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:52 am

[Explorer]

Great idea. Show them the people they ain't seen yet and the internals of the ship so the Union can view it later.'

Jeffry raised an eyebrow at that.
"I do not appreciate the sarcasm young lady but you do make a fair point, keeping Mr Arland here then."
He said with a nod.

He nodded to Nicole, "She's right - it might be better to just let him sit in his charging station and rest, under some adequate restraints for the trip."

"Agreed, he should be brought to this station as soon as possible then."
The Chief said with another nod.

He nodded, "I suggest our, ah, Armsmaster to take gunner duty; of course, there's the question of, hm... Arland, what's the weapons interface like - Star Trek-style control panels, or simpler triggers?"

"The ship have three Quintessence missiles these have computer supported aiming controls, however for the main armaments it is just aim and shoot really with fairly simple controls, this is not a war ship."
Arland replied.

A "duh" glance from Nicole in return. 'That if the computer is out of action, the ship can still fly and fight?'

"Sort of but you will only have propulsion and basic controls, the turrets should still work, but the missiles will not function, nor will maps, guidance programs or most anything else."
Arland replied.
"This ship was built to be user friendly so it depend on the main computer extensively."

A moment's silence. 'You telling me there ain't no mechanical override for helm control? That it's all routed through the computer?'

"Well you can get basic controls without the computer but anything else need a computer to run it, which is why I am here since I can interface with the navigational computer quite efficient."
The pilot replied.

Of course not. What's the point of a secret switch if you know about it?' she replied, taking the rag from Jac and starting to wipe down the innards of the arm. 'Oh. You'll get a reformat now. Sorry.'

"If I have such a thing no scans and no maintenance have found it."
Arland replied then he sigh.
"What will happen to me when I return though...that do worry me, I will admit that."

Another silence, as Nicole filtered this through what she thought the Chief's mind looked like. 'Is it possible for another person in a different place to overhear you talking to Horizon, and to like say, send a ship to our location and blow us up before backup arrives?'

"Well yes, both us and the recipient could be the target of scrying, and we are mages young lady so anything is possible, but tapping into my magick to hear what is being said over such a connection would be quite impressive and even more difficult to do with me not being aware of it happening."
Jeffry replied.

'You can't, you're on the helm.' Nicole replied, not looking up from her task. 'Which is why I am here.'

"Very well, you are doing the gunning then?"
Jac asked.

Colin peered in at the two, "You know, the Pattern Spiders only repair broken things. Simply disconnecting the comms array without breaking it should ensure no signal will be sent. And looking at the ship's design, I'm not certain how much of the controls would have any practical benefit of mechanical overrides... this isn't a sports car, after all, and it's not as though steering relies on ailerons and rudders."

"That can certainly be done."
Arland replied.
"Communications could even be completely removed, it is a separate module."

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:27 pm

[Explorer]
Anja wrote:"That can certainly be done."
Arland replied.
"Communications could even be completely removed, it is a separate module."
Colin nodded, "Where is the comms module, then?"

Anja wrote:"The ship have three Quintessence missiles these have computer supported aiming controls, however for the main armaments it is just aim and shoot really with fairly simple controls, this is not a war ship."
Arland replied.
He pondered, "Missile control is probably going to be too complicated to learn on such short notice; I don't know if my colleagues here have experience with such systems."

Anja wrote:"Sort of but you will only have propulsion and basic controls, the turrets should still work, but the missiles will not function, nor will maps, guidance programs or most anything else."
Arland replied.
"This ship was built to be user friendly so it depend on the main computer extensively."
Anja wrote:"Well you can get basic controls without the computer but anything else need a computer to run it, which is why I am here since I can interface with the navigational computer quite efficient."
The pilot replied.
He nodded, "I stand corrected, then - In that case, you should probably go to rest for the trip."
He looked at the rest, "Alright, I'm off to get ready, then - everyone not crewing the explorer, hustle back."

He quickly sprinted back to the shuttle, hopped back in the pilot's seat, and tapped the intercom, "Alright, we're lifting off shortly, with tethers in place and a skeleton crew on the explorer to assist with the haul. Please buckle up and remain seated for the flight, we may be in for a slightly bumpy ride."

He then gently started powering up the engines again, keeping an eye on the explorer to see that everyone getting back to the shuttle made it back before liftoff...
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:49 pm

[Explorer]

Colin nodded, "Where is the comms module, then?"

"The controls for it are on the bridge while the unit itself are located in the engine room linking into the main computer system."
Arland replied.

He pondered, "Missile control is probably going to be too complicated to learn on such short notice; I don't know if my colleagues here have experience with such systems."

"Well me and the other Etherites went to the academy and have basic knowledge but each system is different."
Jac replied.

He nodded, "I stand corrected, then - In that case, you should probably go to rest for the trip."
He looked at the rest, "Alright, I'm off to get ready, then - everyone not crewing the explorer, hustle back."

"I will take the others back to the ship."
Amadeus said as Arland nodded.
"I can lead the way to my charging station and also I will try to enter as deep a sleep like state as I can."
He said and Jeffry nodded.
"I will restrain him then head to the shuttle."

He quickly sprinted back to the shuttle, hopped back in the pilot's seat, and tapped the intercom, "Alright, we're lifting off shortly, with tethers in place and a skeleton crew on the explorer to assist with the haul. Please buckle up and remain seated for the flight, we may be in for a slightly bumpy ride."

He then gently started powering up the engines again, keeping an eye on the explorer to see that everyone getting back to the shuttle made it back before liftoff...

"This is the Explorer, we do nto have much engine power but we will try to keep up and keep as much strain of the teter as we can."
Jac replied over the make shift radio line.
"Our weapons appear to be operational we will do our best to cover the shuttle as well as our own asses."

You saw Amadeus on his was back with a gaggle of mages towards the shuttle.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:33 pm

[Explorer]
Anja wrote:"The controls for it are on the bridge while the unit itself are located in the engine room linking into the main computer system."
Arland replied.
Colin nodded and turned to Nicole, "Think you can extricate that, then?"

Anja wrote:"Well me and the other Etherites went to the academy and have basic knowledge but each system is different."
Jac replied.
He frowned, "Speaking from experience, missile control systems can be... finicky. Probably best to not tinker with it unless you are familiar with the model."

Anja wrote:"I will take the others back to the ship."
Amadeus said as Arland nodded.
"I can lead the way to my charging station and also I will try to enter as deep a sleep like state as I can."
He said and Jeffry nodded.
"I will restrain him then head to the shuttle."
He nodded, "Sweet dreams, Arland... Electric sheep, perhaps?"

Anja wrote:"This is the Explorer, we do nto have much engine power but we will try to keep up and keep as much strain of the teter as we can."
Jac replied over the make shift radio line.
"Our weapons appear to be operational we will do our best to cover the shuttle as well as our own asses."

You saw Amadeus on his was back with a gaggle of mages towards the shuttle.
He glanced out the viewport, "Capital. I see the others heading back. Did you reconnect the fuel tanks? Having something to run the engines off might come in handy, if trouble shows up."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:59 am

[Explorer]

Anja wrote:"The ship have three Quintessence missiles these have computer supported aiming controls, however for the main armaments it is just aim and shoot really with fairly simple controls, this is not a war ship."
Arland replied.
Colin wrote:He pondered, "Missile control is probably going to be too complicated to learn on such short notice; I don't know if my colleagues here have experience with such systems."
Anja wrote:"Well me and the other Etherites went to the academy and have basic knowledge but each system is different."
Jac replied.
Colin wrote:He frowned, "Speaking from experience, missile control systems can be... finicky. Probably best to not tinker with it unless you are familiar with the model."

"If Arland knows how to operate the missiles than he can give me that knowledge. Or I can give it someone else" Serge suggested.

Anja wrote:He nodded, "I stand corrected, then - In that case, you should probably go to rest for the trip."

Anja wrote:You saw Amadeus on his was back with a gaggle of mages towards the shuttle.

Serge glanced around to see what everyone else was doing. Who was leaving and who was staying. He couldn't but feel stuck in place. His chantrymates were staying so a part of him wanted to stay as well. But realistically he had no ability to help out in the Explorer.

He struggled with the decision for a time before sighing and eventually making his way to leave with Master Nassa with the other mages, feeling quite disappointed in himself.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:26 am

[Explorer]

He frowned, "Speaking from experience, missile control systems can be... finicky. Probably best to not tinker with it unless you are familiar with the model."

"I am ok with the chance of wasting a missile if a Nephandus hellbent on murderating us all are on our tail."
Jac commented.
"There are usually fail saves to make sure they don't blow up the ship."

He nodded, "Sweet dreams, Arland... Electric sheep, perhaps?"

"Not usually and considering what have happened nightmares are more likely but yes I do indeed dream, since my brain is based on a human one it need to let of steam to deal with things encountered in day to day life."
Arland replied.
"Though now that the possibility is mentioned."
He added with a chuckle.

He glanced out the viewport, "Capital. I see the others heading back. Did you reconnect the fuel tanks? Having something to run the engines off might come in handy, if trouble shows up."

"No the spiders did, they seam to know what the ship need to run, useful little bastards if they where not so creepy."
The Etherite replied.
"I am ready to go when you are."

"If Arland knows how to operate the missiles than he can give me that knowledge. Or I can give it someone else" Serge suggested.

"Can you control that process child? So he do not give you anything else?"
Jeffry asked.
"And are you sure? After all Arland's mind is hardly human."
From what you felt when you scanned Arland his mind is surprisingly human, it felt like a natural, human mind, a bit static perhaps but human.

"Actually my mind is built on a human mind Sir."
Arland told Jeffry.
"A scan was done of the structure of a human brain, including the mind formed in it, but memories was not copied and no more than base personality, then programming was added to that and my mind was build on that though experiences and training."
He explained.
"I can think faster and retrieve information with grater accuracy than a human can and I am more static but the base of my mind is human."

Serge glanced around to see what everyone else was doing. Who was leaving and who was staying. He couldn't but feel stuck in place. His chantrymates were staying so a part of him wanted to stay as well. But realistically he had no ability to help out in the Explorer.

He struggled with the decision for a time before sighing and eventually making his way to leave with Master Nassa with the other mages, feeling quite disappointed in himself.

"I actually need your aid kid."
Amadeus said seeming to notice your indecision.
"I have to focus on getting everyone back to the shuttle so if you would keep a look out for minds around us, as far out as you can go."
The old Verbena requested. It seamed that most everyone but Arland, Nicole and Jac was leaving for the shuttle.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:41 pm

[Explorer]
Anja wrote:"I am ok with the chance of wasting a missile if a Nephandus hellbent on murderating us all are on our tail."
Jac commented.
"There are usually fail saves to make sure they don't blow up the ship."
Colin nodded, "I agree, using a missile as a distraction like that is acceptable. Just... make sure you'll not accidentally have it lock onto the shuttle. Once is more than enough for a lifetime, if you get my meaning."

Jeremy wrote:"If Arland knows how to operate the missiles than he can give me that knowledge. Or I can give it someone else" Serge suggested.
Anja wrote:"Can you control that process child? So he do not give you anything else?"
Jeffry asked.
From what you felt when you scanned Arland his mind is surprisingly human, it felt like a natural, human mind, a bit static perhaps but human.

"Actually my mind is built on a human mind Sir."
Arland told Jeffry.
"A scan was done of the structure of a human brain, including the mind formed in it, but memories was not copied and no more than base personality, then programming was added to that and my mind was build on that though experiences and training."
He explained.
"I can think faster and retrieve information with grater accuracy than a human can and I am more static but the base of my mind is human."
He pondered, "A more relevant question, I think, is whether Arland's knowledge of the operations rely on a direct interface with the computer, as opposed to an organic human pushing buttons..."

Anja wrote:"Not usually and considering what have happened nightmares are more likely but yes I do indeed dream, since my brain is based on a human one it need to let of steam to deal with things encountered in day to day life."
Arland replied.
"Though now that the possibility is mentioned."
He added with a chuckle.
He grinned, "Knowing the classics is a good sign... but I will go easy on the quips. I do hope you get to enjoy some rest, though - I... know some of what you've been through, and worse, and wouldn't wish it on my actual enemies, let alone a merely formal enemy."

Anja wrote:"No the spiders did, they seam to know what the ship need to run, useful little bastards if they where not so creepy."
The Etherite replied.
"I am ready to go when you are."
He nodded, waiting for the hatch to close, before tapping the intercom one last time, "Very well, I believe we've got everyone where they ought to be. Fasten your seatbelts, and make sure all trays are in their upright position... If anyone is missing, best give a shout right now, otherwise, we're taking off."

Waiting a few seconds for an answer, he gently pushed the shuttle into 'motion', feeling the pull on the drives to tug the explorer along as smoothly as could be done, "Chief, if you'd come up to the cockpit?"

((OOC: Dex+Umbra Pilot: 1,5,7,0,0... a slight wibble in the engine, perhaps, but still a pretty clean takeoff, I'd say...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:42 pm

[Explorer]

Anja's Post:

'I was being sarcastic?' she quipped, not looking up from her task, continuing to clean out the droid's forearm.

Anja's Post:

'As I expected. Otherwise, it's a critical design flaw which would have been noted ages ago.' she replied, giving a nod to herself and swapping the now oily rag for the length of tubing.

Anja's Post:

'Well duh. The planter of the code and switch are also the ones who made your scanner and do your maintenence.' the Etherite replied, now trying to line up the two bits of cable. 'Streighten out arm by 'bout... 45 degrees.'

Anja's Post:

'Fair enough.' she replied, staring at the tubing intently. 'Ask to speak to the Fleet Duty Officer.' turning away from the droid and locating her roll of duct tape.

Anja's Post:

'Well, I'm like the only one who'd be able to even start understanding how it works...' now slicing up a section of tape and attaching the two bits of tube together.

Colin's Post:

'Disconnect the whole computer.' eyeing up her handiwork on one end and starting on the other.

Colin's Post:

'Is a certain person going to come into our destination on this ship or our one?' she'll ask, cutting up the replacement tube to fit the space.

[Trying to wrap up the repairs as quick as possible]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:20 pm

[Explorer]

Colin nodded, "I agree, using a missile as a distraction like that is acceptable. Just... make sure you'll not accidentally have it lock onto the shuttle. Once is more than enough for a lifetime, if you get my meaning."

"Ah...got you...yes I will be most careful."
Jac said he gave your scars a look but he did not comment.

He pondered, "A more relevant question, I think, is whether Arland's knowledge of the operations rely on a direct interface with the computer, as opposed to an organic human pushing buttons..."

"I can do both though direct interface is my preferred method."
Arland replied.

He grinned, "Knowing the classics is a good sign... but I will go easy on the quips. I do hope you get to enjoy some rest, though - I... know some of what you've been through, and worse, and wouldn't wish it on my actual enemies, let alone a merely formal enemy."

"Thank you...I wish things was different and there could be peace."
The pilot said with a sigh.
"Ok this way to my charging station."
He added and pointed and Jeffry nodded.

I was being sarcastic?' she quipped, not looking up from her task, continuing to clean out the droid's forearm.

Jeffry raised an eyebrow at that.

Well duh. The planter of the code and switch are also the ones who made your scanner and do your maintenence.' the Etherite replied, now trying to line up the two bits of cable. 'Streighten out arm by 'bout... 45 degrees.'

Arland complied and straighten his arm.
"It is possible I guess however I assume it is as likely someone have stuck some sort of bomb into me as the same as someone have stuck one into you."
He replied with a shrug. You seamed to be able to get at the broken tubing fairly easily though

'Fair enough.' she replied, staring at the tubing intently. 'Ask to speak to the Fleet Duty Officer.' turning away from the droid and locating her roll of duct tape.

"Thank you."
Jeffry said and you heard him make the request and after a while a female voice replied.
"This is Fleet Duty Officer Yarnow, how may I be of assistance?"
The voice was a bit tinny and far away but it was clear.

Well, I'm like the only one who'd be able to even start understanding how it works...' now slicing up a section of tape and attaching the two bits of tube together.

Jac just nodded at that.

Disconnect the whole computer.' eyeing up her handiwork on one end and starting on the other.

"Possible but you will loose just about every function of the ship."
Arland replied.
"Like keeping track of ammo, missiles, control over life support, everything but propulsion and the mechanical gunners."

Is a certain person going to come into our destination on this ship or our one?' she'll ask, cutting up the replacement tube to fit the space.

"If you mean Arland we are taking him with us."
Amadeus replied looking a bit confused.

He nodded, waiting for the hatch to close, before tapping the intercom one last time, "Very well, I believe we've got everyone where they ought to be. Fasten your seatbelts, and make sure all trays are in their upright position... If anyone is missing, best give a shout right now, otherwise, we're taking off."

Waiting a few seconds for an answer, he gently pushed the shuttle into 'motion', feeling the pull on the drives to tug the explorer along as smoothly as could be done, "Chief, if you'd come up to the cockpit?"

You got everyone into the shuttle and the mages sat down and strapped in, you got the ship flying the engines strained with towing the Explorer but things got going, eventually and for now at least seamed to go smoothly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:23 am

[Explorer]

Anja wrote:"Can you control that process child? So he do not give you anything else?"
Jeffry asked.
Anja wrote:"Actually my mind is built on a human mind Sir."
Arland told Jeffry.
He explained.
Colin wrote:He pondered, "A more relevant question, I think, is whether Arland's knowledge of the operations rely on a direct interface with the computer, as opposed to an organic human pushing buttons..."
Anja wrote:"I can do both though direct interface is my preferred method."
Arland replied.

"Yeah. Unless Arland's a better mind mage than I am he shouldn't be able to influence the process at all. And from what I can see he's no different from any of us." Serge said.

Anja wrote:"I actually need your aid kid."
Amadeus said seeming to notice your indecision.
"I have to focus on getting everyone back to the shuttle so if you would keep a look out for minds around us, as far out as you can go."
The old Verbena requested. It seamed that most everyone but Arland, Nicole and Jac was leaving for the shuttle.

"Awesome. Something I know how to do. I'll get on that right away." Serge said, his mood improving upon getting a task to do.

Serge got to work right away, closing his eyes and began to daydream. Extending his senses farther out. As far as they could go. Sensing every mind around them in a wide area.

(OOC: Mind 1, Corr 3. Extending Serge's Mind Sense as far out as the roll allows sensing for any intelligent minds in the area.

Arete Roll: 4, 4, 6, 8 - 2, 7, 5, 2 - 8, 6, 1, 1 )
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:55 am

[Explorer]

Yeah. Unless Arland's a better mind mage than I am he shouldn't be able to influence the process at all. And from what I can see he's no different from any of us." Serge said.

"Very well then if our prisoner consents then go ahead Mr Yager."
Jeffry said and Arland sigh but he just nodded.
"You might as well as it better the chance of saving the ship."

"Awesome. Something I know how to do. I'll get on that right away." Serge said, his mood improving upon getting a task to do.

Serge got to work right away, closing his eyes and began to daydream. Extending his senses farther out. As far as they could go. Sensing every mind around them in a wide area.

"Thank you child."
Amadeus said. At first you only felt the minds of the Traditionalists, Arland and the Pattern Spiders, the little fish spirits was not intelligent but they had minds of sort as well...but then as you streched your senses to the limit of where it would go you felt something...malvelovent heading your direction, something that only wanted to kill and destroy, something powerful. You do not know if this presence had felt you scanning for it, but being in contact with it was uncomfortable like looking into a well of nothingness and feeling only loneliness, dread and horror and nothing...just nothing.
"Do you sense anything kid?"
The old Verbena said as he reached the shuttle and got in.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:18 am

[Explorer]

Anja's Post:

'Bomb? Talk about overkill. Just a little program which cuts out power when the counter reaches zero, a main connector which overloads when it gets the bricking signal...' the Etherite replied, getting the patched-up tube into the arm. 'Mundies are starting to do this on gear on the old HP; miss a payment, thing dies.'

Anja's Post:

'Tell them; Union ship salvage, need escort.' she called over, then turning to the droid. 'Okay, release internal clamps... lets see if glue and tape between them holds...'

Anja's Post:

A short silence as she considered this. 'Does this ship have emergency oxygen scrubbers or breathers [masks] we can use?'

Anja's Post:

'No... a certain person who is the main reason we're making this trip today. The one who has a nice person waiting for them on the other end?' looking to the Chief, trying to hint to him about her idea of having Kyle basically "sneak in" to Horizon via a different ship.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:50 pm

[Explorer]

'Bomb? Talk about overkill. Just a little program which cuts out power when the counter reaches zero, a main connector which overloads when it gets the bricking signal...' the Etherite replied, getting the patched-up tube into the arm. 'Mundies are starting to do this on gear on the old HP; miss a payment, thing dies.'

"I am not gear, I am a member of the Technocratic Union."
Arland said.
"So I doubt anything like what you suggest to be the case. I get work done just like you go to the doctor to prevent little problems which might arise, but if I did not, simply I would get those problems and they would remain unattended to."

Tell them; Union ship salvage, need escort.' she called over, then turning to the droid. 'Okay, release internal clamps... lets see if glue and tape between them holds...'

Jeffry nodded and started explaining the situation to the woman on the other end of the portal, giving her the facts as quickly as simply as possible. The Etherine took a moment then she said.
"I am sending two frigates to meet you and escort you and the salvage to Horizon, we want the fuel cost and five percent of the salvage value."

Arland complied and flexed his fingers, the repairs seamed to be holding.
"It feels pretty good and seam to be holding."
He commented.
"Thank you."

A short silence as she considered this. 'Does this ship have emergency oxygen scrubbers or breathers [masks] we can use?'

"Jupp hooked up to the computer."
Arland replied.
"There are some emergency suits though in the main storage room."

'No... a certain person who is the main reason we're making this trip today. The one who has a nice person waiting for them on the other end?' looking to the Chief, trying to hint to him about her idea of having Kyle basically "sneak in" to Horizon via a different ship.

"Ohhh...yes got it got it...yes that is a good idea it might circumvent our problem."
Amadeus said as he finally got what Nicole meant and he gave a smile and nodded.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:40 pm

[Explorer]
Anja wrote:"Ah...got you...yes I will be most careful."
Jac said he gave your scars a look but he did not comment.
Colin smiled wryly, "Good. We've got passengers, after all."

Nicole wrote:'Disconnect the whole computer.' eyeing up her handiwork on one end and starting on the other.
Anja wrote:"Possible but you will loose just about every function of the ship."
Arland replied.
"Like keeping track of ammo, missiles, control over life support, everything but propulsion and the mechanical gunners."
Nicole wrote:A short silence as she considered this. 'Does this ship have emergency oxygen scrubbers or breathers [masks] we can use?'
Anja wrote:"Jupp hooked up to the computer."
Arland replied.
"There are some emergency suits though in the main storage room."
He frowned, "I vote keep the computer operational - the missiles may be necessary in a pinch. But do detach the comms module."

Nicole wrote:'Is a certain person going to come into our destination on this ship or our one?' she'll ask, cutting up the replacement tube to fit the space.
Anja wrote:"If you mean Arland we are taking him with us."
Amadeus replied looking a bit confused.
Nicole wrote:'No... a certain person who is the main reason we're making this trip today. The one who has a nice person waiting for them on the other end?' looking to the Chief, trying to hint to him about her idea of having Kyle basically "sneak in" to Horizon via a different ship.
Anja wrote:"Ohhh...yes got it got it...yes that is a good idea it might circumvent our problem."
Amadeus said as he finally got what Nicole meant and he gave a smile and nodded.
He shook his head, "Might want to bring them on the shuttle, if someone's out to specifically hunt the explorer... Then again, it is better armoured than the shuttle, but... I'd rather not risk it."

Anja wrote:You got everyone into the shuttle and the mages sat down and strapped in, you got the ship flying the engines strained with towing the Explorer but things got going, eventually and for now at least seamed to go smoothly.
Waiting for Morgan, he accelerated as gently as he could, on the straightest course for Horizon, tapping the makeshift ship-to-ship line, "Alright, everyone comfortable back there? So... as a precaution, since you're not currently thrusting forward, could you try to rotate the explorer carefully to aim behind us, in case of pursuers? I've no idea how much distance we have to the attacker, but I'd rather be prepared to have them kept at bay for as long as possible."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:17 pm

[Explorer]

Anja wrote:"Very well then if our prisoner consents then go ahead Mr Yager."
Jeffry said and Arland sigh but he just nodded.
"You might as well as it better the chance of saving the ship."

"Well who wants this information? Cause I doubt I'm gonna be the one to operate the missiles." Serge said.

Anja wrote:"Thank you child."
Amadeus said. At first you only felt the minds of the Traditionalists, Arland and the Pattern Spiders, the little fish spirits was not intelligent but they had minds of sort as well...but then as you streched your senses to the limit of where it would go you felt something...malvelovent heading your direction, something that only wanted to kill and destroy, something powerful. You do not know if this presence had felt you scanning for it, but being in contact with it was uncomfortable like looking into a well of nothingness and feeling only loneliness, dread and horror and nothing...just nothing.
"Do you sense anything kid?"
The old Verbena said as he reached the shuttle and got in.

Serge didn't answer immediately, his mind still trying to process what it was sensing. "Y-yeah. The thing that wants to kill us is in that direction." he finally said, pointing a finger in the direction where he sensed the malevolent force. "It very much wants to kill us. And it most certainly is a member of the Nephandi. Or something they would worship."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:36 am

[Explorer]

"Well who wants this information? Cause I doubt I'm gonna be the one to operate the missiles." Serge said.

"I will do it since I will be the gunner."
Jac said.
"Downloading skills Matrix style eh kid?"

Colin smiled wryly, "Good. We've got passengers, after all."

"I am aware of my Tradition's reputation for being a bit insane and blowing things up villy nilly and it is not always a undeserved rep but most of us strive for a certain degree of competence my good man."
Jac replied.

He frowned, "I vote keep the computer operational - the missiles may be necessary in a pinch. But do detach the comms module."

"That would be the most practical."
Arland said.
"The ship is meant to be controlled with the computer operational after all."

He shook his head, "Might want to bring them on the shuttle, if someone's out to specifically hunt the explorer... Then again, it is better armoured than the shuttle, but... I'd rather not risk it."

"I think what our young firecracker mean is that we can then just had our passenger over to Etherite authorities and by that bypass Green and his marry band of torture happy assholes altogether."
Amadeus replied wryly.
"Using the Explorer as an excuse."

Waiting for Morgan, he accelerated as gently as he could, on the straightest course for Horizon, tapping the makeshift ship-to-ship line, "Alright, everyone comfortable back there? So... as a precaution, since you're not currently thrusting forward, could you try to rotate the explorer carefully to aim behind us, in case of pursuers? I've no idea how much distance we have to the attacker, but I'd rather be prepared to have them kept at bay for as long as possible."

"I don't think we need to rotate, first of all direction is not really a thing out here secondly the gunners of the Explorer are designed to be able to shoot in any direction."
Jac said over the make shift coms.

Serge didn't answer immediately, his mind still trying to process what it was sensing. "Y-yeah. The thing that wants to kill us is in that direction." he finally said, pointing a finger in the direction where he sensed the malevolent force. "It very much wants to kill us. And it most certainly is a member of the Nephandi. Or something they would worship."

"Well ok then, it seams we have overstayed our welcome."
Amadeus said and he hurried to his seat and yelled to Colin.
"Mr Most-Anoying-Orphan-In-The-Tellurian that plan to take this slow and gentle are canceled the kid say we have something powerful and murder hungry on our tail so we better haul ass out of here!"
The Verbena said as he finished strapping in.
"I will see what defenses I can se up."
He commented before he stabbed his dagger in his own leg, closed his eyes and his fingers played with the blood.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:54 am

[Explorer]

Anja's Post:

'Of course not. That's why vat-made MiBs don't turn to mush once they are in risk of capture.' the reply clearly sarcastic.

Anja's Post:

'Okay, where's the slot where we top up the fluid?' giving a little frown, reaching for the bottle.

Anja's Post:

A frown to this. While she could lay many charges at the Union's door, "badly designed" wasn't often one of them. That there wasn't a backup air supply seperate from the main computer...

Anja's Post:

Nicole will give a "fair enough" gesture on hearing this for the Chief. It was about the going rate and chances were they'd be dispatched from the Horizon flotilla itself, so wouldn't have much in fuel costs...

Anja's Post:

A shrug to this.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:50 pm

[Explorer]
Anja wrote:"I am aware of my Tradition's reputation for being a bit insane and blowing things up villy nilly and it is not always a undeserved rep but most of us strive for a certain degree of competence my good man."
Jac replied.
Colin shook his head, "I'd give the same warning to anyone about to operate an unfamiliar missile control suite - Sleeper, Etherite, Verbena, Cultist - because I know all too well what it's like to be on the business end of rocketry. And because the shuttle has precious passengers. As it happens, I find that your Tradition's penchant for explosions generally falls in two categories: lab accidents and very precise and intended demolitions... and I would prefer to not be on the business end of either."

Anja wrote:"I think what our young firecracker mean is that we can then just had our passenger over to Etherite authorities and by that bypass Green and his marry band of torture happy assholes altogether."
Amadeus replied wryly.
"Using the Explorer as an excuse."
He nodded, "Yes, I'm just not sold on putting him on the craft that will likely be targeted first."

[Pedal To The Metal]
Anja wrote:"I don't think we need to rotate, first of all direction is not really a thing out here secondly the gunners of the Explorer are designed to be able to shoot in any direction."
Jac said over the make shift coms.
He grinned, "Effectively 360 by 360 degree turrets, then? Splendid. Keep an eye over your figurative shoulder, then."

Anja wrote:"Well ok then, it seams we have overstayed our welcome."
"Mr Most-Anoying-Orphan-In-The-Tellurian that plan to take this slow and gentle are canceled the kid say we have something powerful and murder hungry on our tail so we better haul ass out of here!"
He commented before he stabbed his dagger in his own leg, closed his eyes and his fingers played with the blood.
His eyes widened ever so slightly as he redlined the engines, "Well, bugger, no need to insist on formal titles in this situation. That was sooner than I'd have liked."

Tapping the intercom and the ship-to-ship connection at once, he stated calmly, "it appears we have pursuers. I am likely shaving a few years off the engine's life here, and I apologise for the unpleasantness in the Explorer, please begin preparing firing solutions back there."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:29 pm

[Explorer]

'Of course not. That's why vat-made MiBs don't turn to mush once they are in risk of capture.' the reply clearly sarcastic.

"MIB's are mass produced beings with very little personality or mind of their own, also they are made for espionage and covert operations, that is not the same. In fact the only one who seam to have a problem accepting me as a thinking, feeling, living being here are you Miss, not my fellow Technocrats."
Arland said simply.

'Okay, where's the slot where we top up the fluid?' giving a little frown, reaching for the bottle.

"Just fill a glass I drink it."
Arland said.
"That way I can at times share a drink with my crew mates, it helps me be more a part of the group."

Nicole will give a "fair enough" gesture on hearing this for the Chief. It was about the going rate and chances were they'd be dispatched from the Horizon flotilla itself, so wouldn't have much in fuel costs...

Jeffry gave Nicole a nod and said.
"That is acceptable terms."
There was a moment then the woman said.
"The ships will be sent now, stay safe until they reach you."
"Thank you madame."
The Chief said before he ended the conversation.

A shrug to this.

"I will remove the communications module then and then we should be on our way."
Jac said and Arland nodded.
"Need any help?"
"No I should be able to to take care of."

Colin shook his head, "I'd give the same warning to anyone about to operate an unfamiliar missile control suite - Sleeper, Etherite, Verbena, Cultist - because I know all too well what it's like to be on the business end of rocketry. And because the shuttle has precious passengers. As it happens, I find that your Tradition's penchant for explosions generally falls in two categories: lab accidents and very precise and intended demolitions... and I would prefer to not be on the business end of either."

Jac sigh and nodded.
"I will be careful."
He said simply.

He nodded, "Yes, I'm just not sold on putting him on the craft that will likely be targeted first."

"I don't think that was the idea either but more that both ships will meet up with the Etherites."
Amadeus said and he glanced to Nicole for her to verify.

[Pedal To The Metal]

He grinned, "Effectively 360 by 360 degree turrets, then? Splendid. Keep an eye over your figurative shoulder, then."

"As much as those terms have any meaning here yes."
Jac replied.
"And I will keep an eye out indeed."

His eyes widened ever so slightly as he redlined the engines, "Well, bugger, no need to insist on formal titles in this situation. That was sooner than I'd have liked."

"Well you know when a title is so well earned."
Amadeus muttered with a wry smirk.
"That being said yes that is faster than preferably but we need to try to outrun them."

Tapping the intercom and the ship-to-ship connection at once, he stated calmly, "it appears we have pursuers. I am likely shaving a few years off the engine's life here, and I apologise for the unpleasantness in the Explorer, please begin preparing firing solutions back there."

"Oh perfect...Nephandi on our tail?"
Jac asked.
"We are ready here pedal to the metal then i guess and let us try to outrun...oh...the Pattern Spiders are freaking out...are they supposed to do that?"
The Etherite sounded rather stressed as he watched all four Pattern Spiders rise up on four of their legs and wave the four front legs in the air.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:30 am

[Explorer]

Anja wrote:"I will do it since I will be the gunner."
Jac said.
"Downloading skills Matrix style eh kid?"

"Fuck I didn't even think of that but that's perfect analogy. All right get over here for a file transfer. Or I guess it's more like copying some files over." Serge said with a chuckle gesturing for Jac to come over.

Once he did he would place on hand on Arlands head and the other on Jac's. He slowed his breathing down and thought more of what Jac said. How it was like downloading skills. He envisioned just that. Transfering data files from Arland, converting them in his own mind into human knowledge, and then transferring that over to Jac's mind.

Anja wrote:"Well ok then, it seams we have overstayed our welcome."

"The Chief said that it was a mage who was attacking us. But that didn't feel like a mage. It felt more like a force of nature." Serge said. "Would it be alright if I tried to scry that thing? I want to see what it looks like. It'll also make it easier to gauge just how far it is and how it's even traveling through the umbra."

(OOC: Mind 3 effect to transfer Arlands missile skills into Jac

Arete Roll: 7, 1, 6, 4 - 10, 2, 8, 7 )
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:43 am

[Explorer]

"Fuck I didn't even think of that but that's perfect analogy. All right get over here for a file transfer. Or I guess it's more like copying some files over." Serge said with a chuckle gesturing for Jac to come over.

Once he did he would place on hand on Arlands head and the other on Jac's. He slowed his breathing down and thought more of what Jac said. How it was like downloading skills. He envisioned just that. Transfering data files from Arland, converting them in his own mind into human knowledge, and then transferring that over to Jac's mind.

"In a way all information are just files."
Jac said. You had to stretch up a bit to reach the top of Arland's head for the robot was tall and thin but you managed, both of the Technomancers jerked slightly then Jac nodded.
"Ah...yes perfect...I know how to control the missiles."
He said.
"How long will this last kid?"
The Etherite asked looking at the young Cultist.

"The Chief said that it was a mage who was attacking us. But that didn't feel like a mage. It felt more like a force of nature." Serge said. "Would it be alright if I tried to scry that thing? I want to see what it looks like. It'll also make it easier to gauge just how far it is and how it's even traveling through the umbra."

"Very well but be ready to cut contact since if you can scry whatever is chasing us then it can scry us as well and it might piggiback your spell."
Jeffry agreed after a moment's hesitation.
"Also be aware child that how something appears do not always tell to much here in the Umbra and neither is distance something with real meaning."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 30  Next