Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Shuttle, Corrupted Guards and Dragon-IC Thread 57

4 posters

Page 3 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next

Go down

The Shuttle, Corrupted Guards and Dragon-IC Thread 57 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Shuttle, Corrupted Guards and Dragon-IC Thread 57

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:25 am

[Shuttle]

Anja wrote:"Some of them are just abandoned human idea, ideas that never reached full creation though you will find more of that further out, these are mostly actually created bits of pocket realms which are lo longer maintained or in use, as well as bits of the Penumbra to strong to just vanish but no longer attached to the Gauntlet."
Jeffry said as he looked out the window.
"My own pocket realm would eventually be out there as well if I stopped maintaining it."

"Could we visit those abandoned realms? And just explore around? See what sorts of things are there?" Serge asked. "That seems like an interesting mage career. Scavenging abandoned pocket realms. You could probably find some powerful ancient mage artifacts."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

The Shuttle, Corrupted Guards and Dragon-IC Thread 57 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Shuttle, Corrupted Guards and Dragon-IC Thread 57

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:22 am

[Shuttle]

"Could we visit those abandoned realms? And just explore around? See what sorts of things are there?" Serge asked. "That seems like an interesting mage career. Scavenging abandoned pocket realms. You could probably find some powerful ancient mage artifacts."

"If you have the skill to navigate where reality might not function properly and you might not be able to tell up from down then you can explore these fragments of physical reality, I doubt you will find much in the abandoned pocket realms though Mr Yager most would take any valuables with them before abandoning the realm, though I guess you could get lucky."
Jeffry said still looking out the window.
"As for the rest of the fragments there might be more of interest there."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:15 pm

[In Flight]
Jeremy wrote:"Bee's got my back." Serge said gratefully. "Now's not the time for extreme in depth philosophical discussion into the nature of how I do magick. But needless to say, it's a lot more nuanced than you guys give it credit. I've only really given you a barebones description. I'd be happy to explain it in greater detail...at a later date. But trust me, I'm no more in danger of succumbing to hubris than any of you are."
Colin smiled thinly, "And what makes you think we're not deathly worried about falling for hubris?"

Nicole wrote:'Would help divert minds from that, though.' she mused.
He frowned, "Hmmh... well, bit late now, we're already one step further out."

Jeremy wrote:Serge, now finally hearing his name being called, perked up in the direction he heard it. Then, as Aton gestured to it, he finally looked out the window.

His widened at the majesty that he saw. The umbra in all its glory. He'd been there so few times. But this was different. The Umbra was always different every time you went. That's what made it special. That it wasn't as strict and hard as regular reality.

And then he finally saw it. The Umbral Manta Ray drifting across the umbral environment. He gawked at its majesty. At the sheer novelty of what he was seeing, before finally saying "Wait! When the hell did we start moving! I didn't even notice. I was too excited about shootting a lightning gun!"

He then immediately accepted Colin's distant offer and abandoned his new Etherite friend, making his way up to where his cabal leader stood in order to get a better view of his surroundings.
He chuckled softly, "Strange new worlds, hmm? She's a smooth flyer, though I expect she'll be a little rougher on Earth proper. Which is why we won't be landing right at the Chantry just yet. Maybe if we get a subterranean hangar... but I doubt we'll get that sort of upgrade for some time."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:04 pm

[In Flight]

Colin smiled thinly, "And what makes you think we're not deathly worried about falling for hubris?"

"It is when one stop worrying that the danger is the greatest."
Jeffry said and Amadeus nodded at that.

He chuckled softly, "Strange new worlds, hmm? She's a smooth flyer, though I expect she'll be a little rougher on Earth proper. Which is why we won't be landing right at the Chantry just yet. Maybe if we get a subterranean hangar... but I doubt we'll get that sort of upgrade for some time."

"Yes we do not have the budget for that sort of expenditure at the moment Mr Wainwright, renting a spot at the Umbra docks will do well enough."
The old Flambeau chimed in.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:41 pm

[Shuttle]

Colin wrote:He chuckled softly, "Strange new worlds, hmm? She's a smooth flyer, though I expect she'll be a little rougher on Earth proper. Which is why we won't be landing right at the Chantry just yet. Maybe if we get a subterranean hangar... but I doubt we'll get that sort of upgrade for some time."
Anja wrote:"If you have the skill to navigate where reality might not function properly and you might not be able to tell up from down then you can explore these fragments of physical reality, I doubt you will find much in the abandoned pocket realms though Mr Yager most would take any valuables with them before abandoning the realm, though I guess you could get lucky."
Jeffry said still looking out the window.
"As for the rest of the fragments there might be more of interest there."

"What sorts of things could you find in those fragments?" Serge said curiously. "Like. What kind of fragments can form out there? In this part of the Umbra at least. "
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:56 pm

[Shuttle]

What sorts of things could you find in those fragments?" Serge said curiously. "Like. What kind of fragments can form out there? In this part of the Umbra at least. "

"That is an impossible question to answer Mr Yager as they are fragments and could be fragments of anything, usually nothing of value but you could get lucky, most who go treasure hunting in the Umbra do so further out though, it is far more dangerous but your chances of finding something of value is far greater."
Jeffry replied.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:14 pm

[Shuttle]

Anja wrote:"That is an impossible question to answer Mr Yager as they are fragments and could be fragments of anything, usually nothing of value but you could get lucky, most who go treasure hunting in the Umbra do so further out though, it is far more dangerous but your chances of finding something of value is far greater."
Jeffry replied.

"Further out? Like deeper in the umbra?" Serge said still peering out into the vast spiritual environment. "Is it possible to go treasure hunting in the Astral Realm? The high umbra right? The place most closely connected to human thoughts and dreams."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:10 pm

[In Flight]
Anja wrote:"Yes we do not have the budget for that sort of expenditure at the moment Mr Wainwright, renting a spot at the Umbra docks will do well enough."
The old Flambeau chimed in.
Colin nodded, "About what I expected. Might drop someone off in the Penumbra courtyard, but that's about as close as we'll get."

Jeremy wrote:"What sorts of things could you find in those fragments?" Serge said curiously. "Like. What kind of fragments can form out there? In this part of the Umbra at least. "
Anja wrote:"That is an impossible question to answer Mr Yager as they are fragments and could be fragments of anything, usually nothing of value but you could get lucky, most who go treasure hunting in the Umbra do so further out though, it is far more dangerous but your chances of finding something of value is far greater."
Jeffry replied.
Jeremy wrote:"Further out? Like deeper in the umbra?" Serge said still peering out into the vast spiritual environment. "Is it possible to go treasure hunting in the Astral Realm? The high umbra right? The place most closely connected to human thoughts and dreams."
He chuckled, "Could be anything... the secret laboratory of a Mage who died before they could retrieve everything in it, perhaps? I've got an expedition of my own in the works, as soon as I can get the exploration ship cleaned up. That's... a bit of a dirty job, though, I don't want you to go near it. The ship has... memories. Bit of an Event Horizon sort of thing."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:44 am

[Shuttle]

Anja's Post:

Nicole gave a nod back to the kid and went on to do her tasks. She knew her advice hadn't been that helpful, but at very least it had been honest in that regard. And hadn't offered any bullshitty "the way it should be" ones seen in the wholesome old sitcoms like The Cosby Show...

[In Flight]

Anja's Post:

The sigh was returned. 'It is called "the Rustbelt" for a reason, y'know. But while I ain't an optimist like Baynes, I do think there's something in the view the Union made their biggest fuck-up of the century and we'd be crazy not to exploit.'

Anja'#s Post:

'Ah, but what do I get in return?' she quipped.

Anja's Post:

'No, I ain't. I only get Cavalryman and no lab means no lab copies. Though organic skin not that practical in my case - the amount of times it takes combat damage...' giving a little shrug. 'Though don't get why you don't have a silicone mesh for your arm... unless you just ain't wearing it.'

[You missed my earlier question, Great One.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:06 am

[Shuttle]

"Further out? Like deeper in the umbra?" Serge said still peering out into the vast spiritual environment. "Is it possible to go treasure hunting in the Astral Realm? The high umbra right? The place most closely connected to human thoughts and dreams."

"Yes deeper in the Umbra, and yes Mr Yeager anything is possible, not everything is wise or safe but everything is possible."
Jeffry replied.

Colin nodded, "About what I expected. Might drop someone off in the Penumbra courtyard, but that's about as close as we'll get."

The old Hermetic just nodded his agreement to that.

He chuckled, "Could be anything... the secret laboratory of a Mage who died before they could retrieve everything in it, perhaps? I've got an expedition of my own in the works, as soon as I can get the exploration ship cleaned up. That's... a bit of a dirty job, though, I don't want you to go near it. The ship has... memories. Bit of an Event Horizon sort of thing."

"Yes young Mr Yager's Mentor might not be pleased if he joined that particular expedition Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry agreed with a frown.

The sigh was returned. 'It is called "the Rustbelt" for a reason, y'know. But while I ain't an optimist like Baynes, I do think there's something in the view the Union made their biggest fuck-up of the century and we'd be crazy not to exploit.'

"That is the problem with the Union, in how static they are they cause stagnation and then everything just start to decay."
Jac muttered with a sigh.

Ah, but what do I get in return?' she quipped.

"What about the recepie for my mother's Chili con carne? It is to die for."
The cyborg offered.

'No, I ain't. I only get Cavalryman and no lab means no lab copies. Though organic skin not that practical in my case - the amount of times it takes combat damage...' giving a little shrug. 'Though don't get why you don't have a silicone mesh for your arm... unless you just ain't wearing it.'

"I am just not wearing it, I enjoy the way the gears look and I have spent allot of time crafting them. When out among the sleepers I have a silicon sleeve and when I wear that, a jacket and gloves I can pass, but among other Awakened I like to how of my work."
Aton declared proudly and he flexed his clockwork arm which made the gears spin and turn, light reflecting of the brass and steel surfaces.

(OOC: Yes and no, it is a cross section so the Penumbra would be a part of the middle Umbra down one of the axis but it would look and feel different from deeper layers due to it being a shadow of the physical world.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:31 pm

[Shuttle]

Anja wrote:"Yes deeper in the Umbra, and yes Mr Yeager anything is possible, not everything is wise or safe but everything is possible."
Jeffry replied.

Serge was silent for a bit after Master Morgan said this. As if the gears in his head were turning with this new found information. He spoke soon afterwards saying, "What would you need to do to make such ventures as safe as possible? A way to traverse the umbra and charms to protect against spirit attacks is obvious. But is there anything else?"

Colin wrote:He chuckled, "Could be anything... the secret laboratory of a Mage who died before they could retrieve everything in it, perhaps? I've got an expedition of my own in the works, as soon as I can get the exploration ship cleaned up. That's... a bit of a dirty job, though, I don't want you to go near it. The ship has... memories. Bit of an Event Horizon sort of thing."
Anja wrote:"Yes young Mr Yager's Mentor might not be pleased if he joined that particular expedition Mr Wainwright."

"Why not? My Mentor favors new experiences. She always said that was the fastest way to grow. It may be dangerous but danger can be mitigated...right?" Serge said.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:40 pm

[Shuttle]
Jeremy wrote:Serge was silent for a bit after Master Morgan said this. As if the gears in his head were turning with this new found information. He spoke soon afterwards saying, "What would you need to do to make such ventures as safe as possible? A way to traverse the umbra and charms to protect against spirit attacks is obvious. But is there anything else?"
Colin glanced over his shoulder, "A Primium-plated ship with decent armaments helps greatly."

Anja wrote:"Yes young Mr Yager's Mentor might not be pleased if he joined that particular expedition Mr Wainwright."
Jeremy wrote:"Why not? My Mentor favors new experiences. She always said that was the fastest way to grow. It may be dangerous but danger can be mitigated...right?" Serge said.
He smiled thinly, "I don't think she'll necessarily object to the expedition itself, but I'm not bringing him along from the cleaning job first."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:21 pm

[Shuttle]

Serge was silent for a bit after Master Morgan said this. As if the gears in his head were turning with this new found information. He spoke soon afterwards saying, "What would you need to do to make such ventures as safe as possible? A way to traverse the umbra and charms to protect against spirit attacks is obvious. But is there anything else?"

"Those would be the main things, the ability to safely travel the Umbra and the ability to fight of anything hostile. However strange magick can be found so ways to undo curses, heal injuries and turn you back into a human when an ancient ward turn you into a toad is also useful Mr Yager."
Jeffry replied.
"You do not want to be stuck in a half formed pocket realm as a toad now do you young man?"

Colin glanced over his shoulder, "A Primium-plated ship with decent armaments helps greatly."

"Or that, that works as well."
The Chief commented with a chuckle.

"Why not? My Mentor favors new experiences. She always said that was the fastest way to grow. It may be dangerous but danger can be mitigated...right?" Serge said.

He smiled thinly, "I don't think she'll necessarily object to the expedition itself, but I'm not bringing him along from the cleaning job first."

"Colin is talking about cleaning up a corrupted ship I believe full of badly corrupted Quintessence, there is a limit to how much you can mitigate the danger of that."
Beatrice said with a shudder as it was going close to corrupted Quintessence which had give Vittoria D'Angelo a chance to use the law against her. Jeffry nodded at that.
"Indeed some things are so dangerous that even if you can try to make it safer, there will always be considerable risk young man."
The old Hermetic said.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:16 pm

[Shuttle]
Anja wrote:"Colin is talking about cleaning up a corrupted ship I believe full of badly corrupted Quintessence, there is a limit to how much you can mitigate the danger of that."
Beatrice said with a shudder as it was going close to corrupted Quintessence which had give Vittoria D'Angelo a chance to use the law against her. Jeffry nodded at that.
"Indeed some things are so dangerous that even if you can try to make it safer, there will always be considerable risk young man."
The old Hermetic said.
Colin nodded, "Quite so - I believe there's a distinct possibility of rendering the ship almost as new, using a variation on my funneling rote as a base for the cleansing process, but it's going to take quite a bit of Quintessence and elbow grease, and probably a bit of time. But I am confident it will be possible to do. There's that expedition and a cut of the sale price at stake for me, after I dealt with the tainted fuel in the ship's tanks when we took the Chicago Labyrinth. It was disgusting, but effective, and I managed to pull it off without any fallout, which tells me it can be done. But of course, there's that conversation on hubris again; I'll not be so bold as to eschew safety protocols for the job."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Dec 20, 2022 3:08 am

[In Flight]

Anja's Post:

A raised eyebrow. 'Think the more immediate issue was that the Syndicate pulled the plug - cites need work like people need food. But look at it from like, a strategic view... the Union no longer bothers with old industrial cities like Detroit. Filled with people who don't reject tech... just the crappy failed vision of it they can see in the wreckage around them.'

Anja's Post:

'Yeah, how to I know that don't only have three steps and one of them is “open can”?' she replied, clearly joking.

Anja's Post:

A moment's pause, then a furrowed brow. 'What's the like, etiquette for that? Is it gonna be considered rude or something if it's not on show there?'

[Okay, let's see if I get this right. What the PCs commonly call the Preumbra (where the Umbrial Port is and where Doris lives) is like the 'shallow end' of the Middle Umbra, and now the ship is going deeper into it (and things are getting odder), a bit like how you can swim on the surface of the sea, but then put on an aqualung and go down?]

[Okay, I have no idea what's going on and all the tags are screwy. What's being said before take-off, or afterwards? I don't even have much of a clue of what each can hear of the other conversations, because the way I got the impression of the layout of the ship I didn't think people would be able to hear right between the three 'compartments' of the ship (so how the hell is Colin talking with NPCs in the main compartment, unless they've wandered over to talk to him?). I personally envisioned the conversation between Nick and the two other Etherites taking place in the engine compartment, which if nothing else means I can OOC ignore much of the Serge-NPC topics right now.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:52 am

[Shuttle]

Anja wrote:"Those would be the main things, the ability to safely travel the Umbra and the ability to fight of anything hostile. However strange magick can be found so ways to undo curses, heal injuries and turn you back into a human when an ancient ward turn you into a toad is also useful Mr Yager."
Jeffry replied.
"You do not want to be stuck in a half formed pocket realm as a toad now do you young man?"

"No of course not." Serge said with a shake of his head. "Are there other safe umbral worlds out there? Open to public. Besides Horizon that is."

Colin wrote:Colin glanced over his shoulder, "A Primium-plated ship with decent armaments helps greatly."
Anja wrote:"Or that, that works as well."
The Chief commented with a chuckle.

"Yeah having a ship would help." Serge said with a chuckle. "That being said, you don't need a vehicle to get to other worlds right? Since distance is subjective in the umbra. With it getting looser and loose the deeper you go. It should be possible to walk there with the right state of mind right?"

Anja wrote:"Colin is talking about cleaning up a corrupted ship I believe full of badly corrupted Quintessence, there is a limit to how much you can mitigate the danger of that."
The old Hermetic said.
Colin wrote:Colin nodded, "Quite so - I believe there's a distinct possibility of rendering the ship almost as new, using a variation on my funneling rote as a base for the cleansing process, but it's going to take quite a bit of Quintessence and elbow grease, and probably a bit of time. But I am confident it will be possible to do. There's that expedition and a cut of the sale price at stake for me, after I dealt with the tainted fuel in the ship's tanks when we took the Chicago Labyrinth. It was disgusting, but effective, and I managed to pull it off without any fallout, which tells me it can be done. But of course, there's that conversation on hubris again; I'll not be so bold as to eschew safety protocols for the job."

"Yeah I guess the ratio of novel experience to horrific danger isn't really optimal is it." Serge said with a chuckle.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:17 am

[Shuttle]

Colin nodded, "Quite so - I believe there's a distinct possibility of rendering the ship almost as new, using a variation on my funneling rote as a base for the cleansing process, but it's going to take quite a bit of Quintessence and elbow grease, and probably a bit of time. But I am confident it will be possible to do. There's that expedition and a cut of the sale price at stake for me, after I dealt with the tainted fuel in the ship's tanks when we took the Chicago Labyrinth. It was disgusting, but effective, and I managed to pull it off without any fallout, which tells me it can be done. But of course, there's that conversation on hubris again; I'll not be so bold as to eschew safety protocols for the job."

"Sounds like a rewarding but quite dangerous expedition."
Beatrice said with another frown.

"Yeah I guess the ratio of novel experience to horrific danger isn't really optimal is it." Serge said with a chuckle.

"Curiosity killed the cat Mr Yager."
Amadeus said dryly.
"Curiosity turned the cat into a Marauder who then went on to kill and main with impunity in it's brain addled state."
Jeffry replied.
"That is some cat my friend."
Amadeus commented with a chuckle which got him a dangerous look from Jeffry.

A raised eyebrow. 'Think the more immediate issue was that the Syndicate pulled the plug - cites need work like people need food. But look at it from like, a strategic view... the Union no longer bothers with old industrial cities like Detroit. Filled with people who don't reject tech... just the crappy failed vision of it they can see in the wreckage around them.'

"Well yes from that point of view I guess a place like Detroit is the ideal place for a Chantry but even so that...is a bit sad to see the town go south like that."
Jac replied with a sigh.

'Yeah, how to I know that don't only have three steps and one of them is “open can”?' she replied, clearly joking.

"What if I cook for you once we get to Horizon? It is cheaper to buy groceries and cool yourself, and we will see what you say once you have tasted the dish."
The cyborg offered with a grin.
"And you can bring drinks."

A moment's pause, then a furrowed brow. 'What's the like, etiquette for that? Is it gonna be considered rude or something if it's not on show there?'

"Nah some like me like to show off our work, since I have done allot of effort on making it look cool as well, for others they just want functional hardware so no you do what you want with that."
Aron replied with a shrug.

(OOC: Sort of, basically the Penumbra is a layer right outside the Gauntlet which look like a copy of our world but just more. Basically a hospital might be full of greenery if it is a place of healing and a home where abuse takes place might grow spikes and look like a monster, but it is the shadow of our world, and then you can go deeper out into the Umbra where reality is less defined until you reach the Horizon which is a second Gauntlet that lead out into he Deep Umbra.)

(OOC 2: I believe we are all on after take of now.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:03 pm

[Shuttle]
Jeremy wrote:"Yeah having a ship would help." Serge said with a chuckle. "That being said, you don't need a vehicle to get to other worlds right? Since distance is subjective in the umbra. With it getting looser and loose the deeper you go. It should be possible to walk there with the right state of mind right?"
Colin nodded, "Famously, Sister Bernadette of the First Cabal made her way alone and on foot... she was not in a particularly good state upon her arrival, but she made it. A lesser Mage wouldn't have made it through."

Anja wrote:"Sounds like a rewarding but quite dangerous expedition."
Beatrice said with another frown.
He nodded, "The potential gains in knowledge are extensive, whether we find what we're looking for or not..."

((OOC: A better comparison might be that Earthside is dry land. The Penumbra is the beach, and the Middle Umbra is the sea, with varying depths and weirder, creepier things swimming around the deeper you get...))

((OOC2: As for speaking between the cockpit and the passenger compartment - it's a short distance, and chatting through an open door isn't hard.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:55 pm

[Shuttle]

"Yeah having a ship would help." Serge said with a chuckle. "That being said, you don't need a vehicle to get to other worlds right? Since distance is subjective in the umbra. With it getting looser and loose the deeper you go. It should be possible to walk there with the right state of mind right?"

Colin nodded, "Famously, Sister Bernadette of the First Cabal made her way alone and on foot... she was not in a particularly good state upon her arrival, but she made it. A lesser Mage wouldn't have made it through."

"It depends on the parts of the Umbra you are traversing. I have traveled the byways of the Umbra on foot and been fine, but I stay in the areas just outside of the Penumbra or walk well known routes to known realms. A ship of some kind so make the journey somewhat safer though."
Helena said.

He nodded, "The potential gains in knowledge are extensive, whether we find what we're looking for or not..."

Beatrice nodded her agreement to that.

(OOC: Yes that is a good comparison indeed.)
(OOC 2: Yes if the doors are open keeping a conversation between the sections of the ship is not a problem.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Dec 20, 2022 3:52 pm

[In Flight]

Anja's Post:

'Yeah... never forget the situation involves people too.' she replied, giving an appreciative nod. 'But I heard one of them Ethercrats argue that the Union trashed places like Detroit simply to get at us.'

Anja's Post:

'Oh, where are you staying then? You been there before?' a little curious.

Anja's Post:

'Fair enough. Though, s'pose folks are gonna want to see...' she replied, giving a resigned sigh. Rolled up her sleeve, ran her fingernails as though she was trying to find the edge of sellotape, then dig them into her arm just above the elbow. Gently but firmly tugged off the silicone mould, revealing a ceramic-plated arm from the elbow – one which at least looked like it could pass amongst the Sleepers... just about. The woman was clearly a little uncomfortable by this.

[Which once again... we basically agree to agree (which makes me wonder what the hell the problem was in the first place...) Now, if I remember right, the second Gauntlet is also known as 'the Horizon' and well, the Horizon Realms are *within* said Gauntlet? (the fact that Horizon is called as such suggests it was the first discovered).]

[If we re-do the tags as 'Engine Room' / 'Main Compartment' / 'Cockpit' we would have an 'at a glance' of what characters (including NPCs) would hear/see what. However, there's nothing stopping characters swapping between them. Which was the point of the tags in the first place. Look, I do not have the time/energy to sit around trying to work out what Nick can or cannot hear otherwise!]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:01 pm

[In Flight]

'Yeah... never forget the situation involves people too.' she replied, giving an appreciative nod. 'But I heard one of them Ethercrats argue that the Union trashed places like Detroit simply to get at us.'

"Yeah well there is a reason why we left the Order of Reason, once it was about protecting sleepers and evening the playing field, giving the masses technology to make them less likely to be taken advantage of by the supernatural but then they went wrong and became the oppressors themselves so I would not put it past them to sacrifice a city to get some Traditionalists.

Fair enough. Though, s'pose folks are gonna want to see...' she replied, giving a resigned sigh. Rolled up her sleeve, ran her fingernails as though she was trying to find the edge of sellotape, then dig them into her arm just above the elbow. Gently but firmly tugged off the silicone mould, revealing a ceramic-plated arm from the elbow – one which at least looked like it could pass amongst the Sleepers... just about. The woman was clearly a little uncomfortable by this.

"Ohh nice any augments to it?"
Aton asked.
"Is it powered by Quintessence or by bioenergy?"
He asked. Beatrice glanced at your arm but she did not seam to react to it, she had seen stranger the rest to seamed to take an artifical arm in stride.

(OOC:Horizon was built not discovered it was named for the barrier out into the Deep Umbra.)
(OOC 2: I just see these conversations happening in the shuttle as one scene, and unless you go to great lengths to close doors and whisper everyone can hear one another anyway for the ship is not that large.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:25 pm

[Shuttle]

Colin wrote:Colin nodded, "Famously, Sister Bernadette of the First Cabal made her way alone and on foot... she was not in a particularly good state upon her arrival, but she made it. A lesser Mage wouldn't have made it through."
Anja wrote:"It depends on the parts of the Umbra you are traversing. I have traveled the byways of the Umbra on foot and been fine, but I stay in the areas just outside of the Penumbra or walk well known routes to known realms. A ship of some kind so make the journey somewhat safer though."
Helena said.

"What about the Astral Realm? The High Umbra? Do you know with traveling that place? Being the place made out of human thought, distance probably matters the least there right?" Serge asked.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Dec 21, 2022 1:01 am

[Shuttle]
Anja wrote:"It depends on the parts of the Umbra you are traversing. I have traveled the byways of the Umbra on foot and been fine, but I stay in the areas just outside of the Penumbra or walk well known routes to known realms. A ship of some kind so make the journey somewhat safer though."
Helena said.
Jeremy wrote:"What about the Astral Realm? The High Umbra? Do you know with traveling that place? Being the place made out of human thought, distance probably matters the least there right?" Serge asked.
Colin nodded, then paused, "I'm given to understand that this is where you find celestial abodes - the realms of gods, essentially. Not sure if it's an afterlife there, but there are rather a lot of Concepts here, if you will. And this is the route we take. I could probably have brought us up via the Middle Umbra, but I'm told Garou tend to travel there, and you really don't want to risk a hit-and-run with an eight-foot furry ball of anger management issues and the necessary intellect to open a door..."
He grinned wryly, "I suppose we could have tried to go via the Low Umbra, too - but I fear there are a bit more people waiting for me there than would probably be healthy. I'd prefer not to try to mimic the deeds of Orpheus - I'm not so good a singer, and I couldn't play the lyre if my life depended on it."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:14 am

[Shuttle]

What about the Astral Realm? The High Umbra? Do you know with traveling that place? Being the place made out of human thought, distance probably matters the least there right?" Serge asked.

"Distance do not matter much no, but that realm is so alien it is easy to end up dead or lost and not even know it, such realms can be traveled but you have to be very careful."
Jeffry replied.

Colin nodded, then paused, "I'm given to understand that this is where you find celestial abodes - the realms of gods, essentially. Not sure if it's an afterlife there, but there are rather a lot of Concepts here, if you will. And this is the route we take. I could probably have brought us up via the Middle Umbra, but I'm told Garou tend to travel there, and you really don't want to risk a hit-and-run with an eight-foot furry ball of anger management issues and the necessary intellect to open a door..."

"Yes the High Umbra is the realm of the Divine, Gods and angels live there and thoughts and concepts are born there. Afterlives are mostly in the Low Umbra but it is possible I guess."
Jeffry replied.
"And yes the shuttle can probably get us there indeed though it can be a wonderful but dangerous area of the Umbra to explore."

He grinned wryly, "I suppose we could have tried to go via the Low Umbra, too - but I fear there are a bit more people waiting for me there than would probably be healthy. I'd prefer not to try to mimic the deeds of Orpheus - I'm not so good a singer, and I couldn't play the lyre if my life depended on it."

"The Low Umbra have some horrible realms, hells, Malfeas and the Shadowlands but all in all it can be easier to understand than the Low Umbra with it's lofty ideas, in any part of the Umbra though if one is careful one can find wonder but one have to respect the landscape and remember the rules of where one find oneself."
The old Hermetic continued.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:42 pm

[Shuttle]
Anja wrote:"Yes the High Umbra is the realm of the Divine, Gods and angels live there and thoughts and concepts are born there. Afterlives are mostly in the Low Umbra but it is possible I guess."
Jeffry replied.
"And yes the shuttle can probably get us there indeed though it can be a wonderful but dangerous area of the Umbra to explore."
Colin nodded, "The shuttle's best used for going via the High Umbra, but it it can get anywhere between Earthside and the First Horizon. That's not the same as being reliably able to get back from all the Umbral Realms there..."

Anja wrote:"The Low Umbra have some horrible realms, hells, Malfeas and the Shadowlands but all in all it can be easier to understand than the Low Umbra with it's lofty ideas, in any part of the Umbra though if one is careful one can find wonder but one have to respect the landscape and remember the rules of where one find oneself."
The old Hermetic continued.
He nodded, "I've... glimpsed Elysium, but not from the shuttle. Some of the places are fine, but I'd rather not go there before my time altogether."

((OOC: The High Umbra is the part of the Midumbra that Mages go through, though? So Morgan would be comfortable with the region, if not the distinct Realms within?))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next