Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daggers in the Dark, Two Suns and New Friends IC Thread 58

+2
Meridia Porter
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 17 of 31 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 31  Next

Go down

Daggers in the Dark, Two Suns and New Friends IC Thread 58 - Page 17 Empty Re: Daggers in the Dark, Two Suns and New Friends IC Thread 58

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue May 02, 2023 5:24 pm

[Two Pleasures Bookstore and Tea House]

Anja wrote:"That makes sense Sir, however any artifact thus imbued would be quite a dangerous affair to pick up, you would have to study the creator in detail then in order to find out if the magical item would hurt you or not for your own ideals."
The old woman said.
"A magical sword made by a die hard conservative Christian for example would be a bad idea to wield for a idealistic young Pagan."
Colin wrote:Colin frowned, "And even researching the artificer in question might not be enough; someone's public persona might be that of a kindly philanthropist, while they're secretly thoroughly corrupted... Plus, even then, the creator might have made the item to someone else's specifications, with motivations and ideologies not aligning perfectly with the creator's. The pitfalls are quite numerous."
Anja wrote:The elderly bookseller nodded her agreement to this.

"Honestly that sounds like a very interesting story in the making. Will the idealistic Pagan fall pray to the influence of the sword? Or will his own values overpower the strength of the sword? Perhaps maybe he could teach the sword to broaden its horizon? Very interesting. Kinda reminds me of the symbiote in a way." Serge said looking quite amused at the possibilities.

Anja wrote:"I believe child that you will get far when you realize you already have that power."
Amadeus said.
"But yes let us go, let us see if the tea shop have some coffee as well with Jeffry and Miss Mar we are going to need allot of it, sometimes I see Jeffry as a Pac Man gobbling up cups of coffee."
The old Verbena made the wacka wacka wacka gesture with his hand with a slight grin on his face.
Colin wrote:He arched an eyebrow at Serge, "You calmed Kallan today, in ways I might never be able to pull off, and more importantly, there's a Fae knight who'd not be alive now if not for you, specifically. Bringing her back is truly something exceptional, and you've done your Great-grandmentor proud with that, I should think. Remember, Serge, when you feed a hungry kitten, to the world, that's insignificant, but to that kitten, that's the whole world. You don't have to change whole world overnight, it is enough to change one being's world, just for one day at a time, and keep working diligently at it. Eventually, the seeds sown when you fed that kitten will grow, and spread, and change the world for you."

He grinned to Amadeus, "Now, could I dare you to get a picture of that particular image done? See how long until he or Miss Mar get the reference?"

"You guys are completely right. However there is something about those achievements that still bothers me. It doesn't diminish those achievements in any way. And I'm happy to bring some amount of joy into this world. But still something that nags me at the back of my head and prevents me from fully...accepting those achievements as my own." Serge said, pulling out his sketchpad and beginning to doodle something within it's pages. "That's all I'll say. Not because I'm being dramatic but because we're likely being very disruptive to the people around us."

Anja wrote:"Now don't tempt me, Jeffry will not get the reference Miss Mar will though."
Amadeus said with a chuckle then he turned towards Serge.
"I have seen you make this complaint before you seam to want to have more vulgar magickal powers, however YOU CAN HAVE THAT!"
The old Verbena said, he was known to have a temper and not always be tactful or pussyfooting around.
"You have chosen, You no one else, to focus on magick which is more subtle, not less powerful more subtle, if you want to cast fireballs study forces, if you want to crow claws and fight with them study Life, you live in a Chantry full of mages chances are someone at Steelhaven can help you with whatever you desire to study, or for that matter learn how to weaponize your current abilities, both Mind and Correspondence can be devastating in the fight. However if you think blowing some shit up is the best way to make a difference then you are just wrong. Some of us who are better in a fight might be sent out to deal with a threat, but after you have used your abilities to gather the information we need from a enemy's mind, or you have managed to calm a wounded ally so they are able to talk to us, or you can feel the minds in a place and find there are more minds than life so we are forewarned there are vampires in the building. The list go on and on and on. Yes currently you are better at support than blowing shit up, why do you think that support is not important or for that matter why do you complain rather than doing something with it if said blowing shit up is really what you desire?"
The old mage said angrily then his expression softened.
"You like fiction yes? Have you seen the show Charmed, Beatrice used to love it in her teens, one of the characters there Phoebe see the future, she is the best of the sisters at making potions and writing spells and all in all she support their efforts and they would not be able to fight without her but she regret that she do not have an active power so she gather information while her sisters can stop time or move things with their minds. Much of the later seasons are about Phoebe learning that her powers is just as important and powerful as that of her sisters."
He said.

Behind the counter the little old lady said softly.
"I would ask you Sir to restrict the amount of swearing in my store."
Amadeus gave a bow to her.
"Terribly sorry Ma'am please forgive me."

"You are completely right. However I do believe there is a better time and place for this to be discussed Master Nassa. But know that I do take your words to heart." Serge said, a little taken aback by the Master's sudden lecture. Though he wasn't lying when he said that the he'd keep his chantrymates words in mind.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Daggers in the Dark, Two Suns and New Friends IC Thread 58 - Page 17 Empty Re: Daggers in the Dark, Two Suns and New Friends IC Thread 58

Post by Warpmind Tue May 02, 2023 9:52 pm

Jeremy wrote:"You guys are completely right. However there is something about those achievements that still bothers me. It doesn't diminish those achievements in any way. And I'm happy to bring some amount of joy into this world. But still something that nags me at the back of my head and prevents me from fully...accepting those achievements as my own." Serge said, pulling out his sketchpad and beginning to doodle something within it's pages. "That's all I'll say. Not because I'm being dramatic but because we're likely being very disruptive to the people around us."
Colin arched an eyebrow, "Accept your share in those achievements, son; they wouldn't have happened without you."

Anja wrote:"Now don't tempt me, Jeffry will not get the reference Miss Mar will though."
Amadeus said with a chuckle then he turned towards Serge.
"I have seen you make this complaint before you seam to want to have more vulgar magickal powers, however YOU CAN HAVE THAT!"
The old Verbena said, he was known to have a temper and not always be tactful or pussyfooting around.
"You have chosen, You no one else, to focus on magick which is more subtle, not less powerful more subtle, if you want to cast fireballs study forces, if you want to crow claws and fight with them study Life, you live in a Chantry full of mages chances are someone at Steelhaven can help you with whatever you desire to study, or for that matter learn how to weaponize your current abilities, both Mind and Correspondence can be devastating in the fight. However if you think blowing some shit up is the best way to make a difference then you are just wrong. Some of us who are better in a fight might be sent out to deal with a threat, but after you have used your abilities to gather the information we need from a enemy's mind, or you have managed to calm a wounded ally so they are able to talk to us, or you can feel the minds in a place and find there are more minds than life so we are forewarned there are vampires in the building. The list go on and on and on. Yes currently you are better at support than blowing shit up, why do you think that support is not important or for that matter why do you complain rather than doing something with it if said blowing shit up is really what you desire?"
The old mage said angrily then his expression softened.
"You like fiction yes? Have you seen the show Charmed, Beatrice used to love it in her teens, one of the characters there Phoebe see the future, she is the best of the sisters at making potions and writing spells and all in all she support their efforts and they would not be able to fight without her but she regret that she do not have an active power so she gather information while her sisters can stop time or move things with their minds. Much of the later seasons are about Phoebe learning that her powers is just as important and powerful as that of her sisters."
He said.

Behind the counter the little old lady said softly.
"I would ask you Sir to restrict the amount of swearing in my store."
Amadeus gave a bow to her.
"Terribly sorry Ma'am please forgive me."
Jeremy wrote:"You are completely right. However I do believe there is a better time and place for this to be discussed Master Nassa. But know that I do take your words to heart." Serge said, a little taken aback by the Master's sudden lecture. Though he wasn't lying when he said that the he'd keep his chantrymates words in mind.
He gave Amadeus a mildly amused look, and said in a voice of obviously feigned disappointment, "I can't take you with me anywhere, can I? Let us go, and drop the subject for now, shall we?"

((OOC: My condolences.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed May 03, 2023 9:04 am

Honestly that sounds like a very interesting story in the making. Will the idealistic Pagan fall pray to the influence of the sword? Or will his own values overpower the strength of the sword? Perhaps maybe he could teach the sword to broaden its horizon? Very interesting. Kinda reminds me of the symbiote in a way." Serge said looking quite amused at the possibilities.

"That is fine for a story young man but I do not want my Wonders interesting I want them to work as they should work every time I use them so I can depend on them."
The little old woman said.
"Also usually you can not get a sword to broaden it's horizon since it is a thing, and while awakened, sentient items do happen it is not exactly common."

"You guys are completely right. However there is something about those achievements that still bothers me. It doesn't diminish those achievements in any way. And I'm happy to bring some amount of joy into this world. But still something that nags me at the back of my head and prevents me from fully...accepting those achievements as my own." Serge said, pulling out his sketchpad and beginning to doodle something within it's pages. "That's all I'll say. Not because I'm being dramatic but because we're likely being very disruptive to the people around us."

"You did these things kid, who else would the achievements belong to?"
Amadeus asked.
"And remember no one do anything in a vacuum. No achievement are done completely alone, I am a skilled healer but I can only perform in a battle situation if others protect me while I work. I only have these abilities due to the teaching of others and so on, nothing is ever done in a vacuum. But very well we can discuss it later however this is something you will have to address one day and not run away from if you want to grow child."

"You are completely right. However I do believe there is a better time and place for this to be discussed Master Nassa. But know that I do take your words to heart." Serge said, a little taken aback by the Master's sudden lecture. Though he wasn't lying when he said that the he'd keep his chantrymates words in mind.

Amadeus patted you on the back with a thin hand and nodded before he headed out of the book shop with another apologetic look at the bookseller who fixed him with a stern grandmother stare.

He gave Amadeus a mildly amused look, and said in a voice of obviously feigned disappointment, "I can't take you with me anywhere, can I? Let us go, and drop the subject for now, shall we?"

Amadeus gave a bit of a grin and nodded.
"Ah yes...I did forget my manners...but yes let us drop the subject for now...I agree and I would dare do nothing else for fear of the scowls from our dear lady bookseller here."
He said glancing back at the book shop.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed May 03, 2023 11:22 am

Anja wrote:"That is fine for a story young man but I do not want my Wonders interesting I want them to work as they should work every time I use them so I can depend on them."
"Also usually you can not get a sword to broaden it's horizon since it is a thing, and while awakened, sentient items do happen it is not exactly common."
Colin smiled wryly, "Plus, just because a magical item is sentient, and perhaps even able to speak, that doesn't mean it's actually smart. You don't want a magic sword to start shouting out 'Oh, we are sneaking now, are we? Tally-ho!' or something to that effect when you're attempting to be stealthy."

Anja wrote:Amadeus gave a bit of a grin and nodded.
"Ah yes...I did forget my manners...but yes let us drop the subject for now...I agree and I would dare do nothing else for fear of the scowls from our dear lady bookseller here."
He grinned, "You weren't wrong, but I should like to be able to show my face here again. Hum..."

While crossing the street, he added softly, "By the way, I found something remarkably unexpected in the notebook - there's a Nick on one of the pages. I wonder what she will say to that..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed May 03, 2023 1:10 pm

[Morgan's House]

Anja's Post:

A soft, slightly sour laugh to this. 'The Council won't know, sir. If one of them are behind it, there will be no proof. And if it's just some junior doing it themselves, clearly they won't know. Anyhows, the result is the same; if lucky, an official note will be sent later on full of lies like "regrettable actions", "bad apples" and "mistakes were made". Which is about as like, immediately useful as a screen door on a submarine...'

Anja's Post:

'Yes... it's good that happened now, before they were trying to persuade people to have it put inside them.' Nicole replied in a deadpan tone.

Anja's Post:

Meridia's Post:

'Ha ha.' Nicole intoned, placing the small grey plastic case the size of a laptop on the kitchen table and unclicking the clips. Within was a smaller battered grey case the size of an VHS tape with 'Psion' stamped on it, small collection of what looked a bit like old GameBoy cartridges and a pile of wires. With a deliberate air, the Etherite opened the VHS tape, revealing like a tiny, worn and patched-up netbook which looked older than Meridia was. Squinting at the cartridges for a moment, Nicole slotted one in the back of the device and then switched it on, while uncoiling one of the wires and hooking the end into the device. A series of clicks on the keyboard with one hand as the other held what appeared to be a tiny ear-piece or microphone on the yellow powder in question. An impatient tapping on the table with her other hand as she waited for the PDA to consult it's trove of materials data on the cartridge and reveal it's secrets on the little screen...

[Attempting Matter 1; 'Element Scan'. I think organic matter counts as Matter once it's dead. Yes, I've 'overdrawn' this a little as I've already fleshed out the PDA as one of her special/frequent Instruments but thought it would provide a good example.]

[Concordia]

Meridia's Post:

Another silence, as the large woman started down the garden path, back onto the road. 'No, I would not. 'Cos I'd know my "life of leisure" would be from sitting on the back of others. And I notice that appeals to olden times living normally involves you being rich.'

[Feel free to add flavour stuff to what they see while going to the shop, Great One.]

[Own? In Greater London? You know it's roughly double the prices for flats in central Oslo, right? And yeah, while it's something I need to do and wish to do it doesn't mean it's not a decent 'project' which needs to be managed, partly on avoiding learning/decision fatigue.]

[Death is difficult and always unique. A generic platitude never covers it right, so I shall decline to utter one out of respect.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed May 03, 2023 3:58 pm

Colin smiled wryly, "Plus, just because a magical item is sentient, and perhaps even able to speak, that doesn't mean it's actually smart. You don't want a magic sword to start shouting out 'Oh, we are sneaking now, are we? Tally-ho!' or something to that effect when you're attempting to be stealthy."

"Indeed so Sir indeed so."
The old woman said sounding amused.

He grinned, "You weren't wrong, but I should like to be able to show my face here again. Hum..."

"Certainly it is something that can be discussed later."
Amadeus agreed with a nod.

While crossing the street, he added softly, "By the way, I found something remarkably unexpected in the notebook - there's a Nick on one of the pages. I wonder what she will say to that..."

Amadeus raised an eyebrow.
"You mean...you know who drew a picture of Nicole Bouchard six hundred years ago?"
He asked.
"That...is there any notes with the picture, any explanation at all?"

[Morgan's House]

A soft, slightly sour laugh to this. 'The Council won't know, sir. If one of them are behind it, there will be no proof. And if it's just some junior doing it themselves, clearly they won't know. Anyhows, the result is the same; if lucky, an official note will be sent later on full of lies like "regrettable actions", "bad apples" and "mistakes were made". Which is about as like, immediately useful as a screen door on a submarine...'

"Indeed I share your assessment Scientist."
Baynes replied.
"The question is what to do about it as they are disrupting the conference, the protesters I mean and no one seam to be willing to help with it."

Yes... it's good that happened now, before they were trying to persuade people to have it put inside them.' Nicole replied in a deadpan tone.

"Well this was an printer...hooked up to a sub space Ether battery...well a few explosions follow science just look at the brave scientists who worked with rocket fuel...or don't most of them blew themselves up."
Baynes replied happily.
"Oh...now it is on fire..."
More founds of the fire extinguisher.

'Ha ha.' Nicole intoned, placing the small grey plastic case the size of a laptop on the kitchen table and unclicking the clips. Within was a smaller battered grey case the size of an VHS tape with 'Psion' stamped on it, small collection of what looked a bit like old GameBoy cartridges and a pile of wires. With a deliberate air, the Etherite opened the VHS tape, revealing like a tiny, worn and patched-up netbook which looked older than Meridia was. Squinting at the cartridges for a moment, Nicole slotted one in the back of the device and then switched it on, while uncoiling one of the wires and hooking the end into the device. A series of clicks on the keyboard with one hand as the other held what appeared to be a tiny ear-piece or microphone on the yellow powder in question. An impatient tapping on the table with her other hand as she waited for the PDA to consult it's trove of materials data on the cartridge and reveal it's secrets on the little screen...

[Attempting Matter 1; 'Element Scan'. I think organic matter counts as Matter once it's dead. Yes, I've 'overdrawn' this a little as I've already fleshed out the PDA as one of her special/frequent Instruments but thought it would provide a good example.]

From your little screen you could read that the yellow powder was mustard powder or at least had been, now it was mostly dead mold, the little jar had to have been on that shelf for decades.

[Concordia]

Another silence, as the large woman started down the garden path, back onto the road. 'No, I would not. 'Cos I'd know my "life of leisure" would be from sitting on the back of others. And I notice that appeals to olden times living normally involves you being rich.'

You passed several men in robes floating on a flying carpet as you left Jeffry's garden, then a little further down a woman in her sixties was walking her dog, the scenes of unreal strangeness mixed with the normal in the city under two suns.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed May 03, 2023 4:05 pm

Anja wrote:"That is fine for a story young man but I do not want my Wonders interesting I want them to work as they should work every time I use them so I can depend on them."

"I think the spirit of the sword would disagree with you there. I have to imagine that even when there not awakened they still feel and learn. But then again I'm not an expert in that stuff."

Anja wrote:"You did these things kid, who else would the achievements belong to?"
Amadeus asked.
"And remember no one do anything in a vacuum. No achievement are done completely alone, I am a skilled healer but I can only perform in a battle situation if others protect me while I work. I only have these abilities due to the teaching of others and so on, nothing is ever done in a vacuum. But very well we can discuss it later however this is something you will have to address one day and not run away from if you want to grow child."
Colin wrote:Colin arched an eyebrow, "Accept your share in those achievements, son; they wouldn't have happened without you."

"Easier said than done but I'll try." Serge said with a nod.

Colin wrote:He gave Amadeus a mildly amused look, and said in a voice of obviously feigned disappointment, "I can't take you with me anywhere, can I? Let us go, and drop the subject for now, shall we?"
Anja wrote:Amadeus patted you on the back with a thin hand and nodded before he headed out of the book shop with another apologetic look at the bookseller who fixed him with a stern grandmother stare.
Anja wrote:Amadeus gave a bit of a grin and nodded.
Colin wrote:He grinned, "You weren't wrong, but I should like to be able to show my face here again. Hum..."

Anja wrote:Amadeus raised an eyebrow.
"You mean...you know who drew a picture of Nicole Bouchard six hundred years ago?"
He asked.

"What! Hold on that's actually really fucking cool! Explains why you wanted to keep it so badly." Serge said when Colin told them the contents of the notebook. "Yeah did it say anything about her at all?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed May 03, 2023 4:36 pm

Anja wrote:Amadeus raised an eyebrow.
He asked.
Jeremy wrote:"What! Hold on that's actually really fucking cool! Explains why you wanted to keep it so badly." Serge said when Colin told them the contents of the notebook. "Yeah did it say anything about her at all?"
Colin smiled enigmatically, "Indeed, quite the conundrum, is it not? But yes, it would appear that both the Seer and... the author had visions of her, but they did not know who the 'knight with the metal arm' was. I only skimmed a few pages, though; it is entirely possible there are further notes on her. I look forward to seeing her face when I show her, though. It is surprisingly accurate."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed May 03, 2023 4:46 pm

Colin wrote:Colin smiled enigmatically, "Indeed, quite the conundrum, is it not? But yes, it would appear that both the Seer and... the author had visions of her, but they did not know who the 'knight with the metal arm' was. I only skimmed a few pages, though; it is entirely possible there are further notes on her. I look forward to seeing her face when I show her, though. It is surprisingly accurate."

"Knight with a metal arm. Of course she'd a cool moniker in her prophecy picture." Serge said with a sigh. "Until you get that notebook carbon dated I doubt she'll believe it's from so long ago in the past. She'd sooner believe our enemies planted it there to spread misinformation or something. And even if she did believe it she'd probably just ignore it. She tends to do that for mystical stuff."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed May 03, 2023 5:15 pm

[Morgan's House]

Anja's Post:

'I question the competence of the security detail at TimeStop, me; they should have seen this coming.' Nicole replied, starting to pace the hallway, thinking. 'Well, they're not actually disrupting the conference itself, are they? Just people's ability to enter and exit the building. Surely, TimeStop has alternative entries... no, they'll figure it out and simply shift... airlifting is kinda overki... ah.' gave herself a little grin, letting the idea filter through her head before suggesting it...

'Matter teleporters, sir. Set up the other booth in a secondary location, message the attendees that they have to go there. And put it in a building that we control, like at the Dock. Or organise site-to-sites using cellphone signals. Or both.'

Anja's Post:

'And it shall never know what it did wrong to earn it's trip to Silicon Heaven.' she sadly replied, hoping that nobody gave themselves carbon dioxide poisoning from the extinguisher.

[Out of interest, how many successes did Nick get for her 'Analyse foodstuff' Rote?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed May 03, 2023 5:38 pm

"I think the spirit of the sword would disagree with you there. I have to imagine that even when there not awakened they still feel and learn. But then again I'm not an expert in that stuff."

"Perhaps young man you should take a break from reading fiction."
The little old lady said mildly.
"No most swords do not learn they just are there, tools."

"Easier said than done but I'll try." Serge said with a nod.

Amadeus gave you and encouraging pat on the shoulder.

Colin smiled enigmatically, "Indeed, quite the conundrum, is it not? But yes, it would appear that both the Seer and... the author had visions of her, but they did not know who the 'knight with the metal arm' was. I only skimmed a few pages, though; it is entirely possible there are further notes on her. I look forward to seeing her face when I show her, though. It is surprisingly accurate."

"A knight with a metal arm...hum, most interesting."
Amadeus said then with a wink at Serge he commented.
"The plot thickens."

You walked across the street to get to the herb and tea shop, you saw a sign along the sidewalk which said: All light blue cars must be covered when parked under dragon mating season! A covered car stood next to the sign.

[Morgan's House]

'I question the competence of the security detail at TimeStop; they should have seen this coming.' Nicole replied, starting to pace the hallway, thinking. 'Well, they're not actually disrupting the conference itself, are they? Just people's ability to enter and exit the building. Surely, TimeStop has alternative entries... no, they'll figure it out and simply shift... airlifting is kinda overki... ah.' gave herself a little grin, letting the idea filter through her head before suggesting it...

"Yes well our own security manage to keep the protesters out of the conference itself."
Baynes said.
"The problem is they are keeping conference attendees out."

'Matter teleporters, sir. Set up the other booth in a secondary location, message the attendees that they have to go there. And put it in a building that we control, like at the Dock. Or organise site-to-sites using cellphone signals. Or both.'

"Off course...that could be the solution, thank you Scientist."
The older Etherite replied in an exited tone of voice.
"It might even make the crowd exited to be teleported in...good good, we will set it up at once!"

'And it shall never know what it did wrong to earn it's trip to Silicon Heaven.' she quipped, hoping that nobody gave themselves carbon dioxide poisoning from the extinguisher.

"Well yes...there it goes...all goo now."
Baynes replied.
"Onward to the next experiment!"

(OOC: Three which is allot more than needed so you can keep one success for a future roll as a free success.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed May 03, 2023 10:14 pm

Anja wrote:"A knight with a metal arm...hum, most interesting."
"The plot thickens."
Jeremy wrote:"Knight with a metal arm. Of course she'd a cool moniker in her prophecy picture." Serge said with a sigh. "Until you get that notebook carbon dated I doubt she'll believe it's from so long ago in the past. She'd sooner believe our enemies planted it there to spread misinformation or something. And even if she did believe it she'd probably just ignore it. She tends to do that for mystical stuff."
Colin shrugged, "It's a fitting description; she's more of a soldier than a smith, after all... Hm, I think I shall have her read The Fragile Path, the Seer's prophecy in particular. If she gets an eyeful of the Seer's vision, she might get a new perspective on a few things..."

Anja wrote:You walked across the street to get to the herb and tea shop, you saw a sign along the sidewalk which said: All light blue cars must be covered when parked under dragon mating season! A covered car stood next to the sign.
He chuckled softly, "Little birdy in the sky, dropped a poopy in my eye, I wasn't mad, I didn't cry, I just thank god that cows can't fly! Remind me to not get a blue vehicle when I move..."
He paused for a moment, "Hum, I suppose I shall need a garage for the TARDIS..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed May 03, 2023 10:17 pm

Anja wrote:"Perhaps young man you should take a break from reading fiction."
The little old lady said mildly.
"No most swords do not learn they just are there, tools."

"Oh you'll have to forgive me. Us Cultist don't tend to give up on our substances so easily." Serge said with a friendly smile.

Anja wrote:"A knight with a metal arm...hum, most interesting."
"The plot thickens."
Colin wrote:Colin shrugged, "It's a fitting description; she's more of a soldier than a smith, after all... Hm, I think I shall have her read The Fragile Path, the Seer's prophecy in particular. If she gets an eyeful of the Seer's vision, she might get a new perspective on a few things..."

"Indeed." Serge said with a grin, glad to see his worldview reinforced. "I wonder if there are any other pieces of information held in other old locations. Darn now we have to go check out other places right? Who knows what sort of things they could be hiding."

Anja wrote:You walked across the street to get to the herb and tea shop, you saw a sign along the sidewalk which said: All light blue cars must be covered when parked under dragon mating season! A covered car stood next to the sign.
Colin wrote:He chuckled softly, "Little birdy in the sky, dropped a poopy in my eye, I wasn't mad, I didn't cry, I just thank god that cows can't fly! Remind me to not get a blue vehicle when I move..."
He paused for a moment, "Hum, I suppose I shall need a garage for the TARDIS..."

"What? Why blue?" Serge said as they passed the sign.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu May 04, 2023 12:13 am

Jeremy wrote:"Indeed." Serge said with a grin, glad to see his worldview reinforced. "I wonder if there are any other pieces of information held in other old locations. Darn now we have to go check out other places right? Who knows what sort of things they could be hiding."
Colin shook his head, "No need to rush... the hidden items aren't going anywhere, and roaming around too much like that on a single day will rouse suspicion."

Anja wrote:"What? Why blue?" Serge said as they passed the sign.
He arched an eyebrow and pointed upward, "Now, imagine you've got a nice, new, light blue car, and one day you step outside to find a dragon half again the size of your car being... intertwined in amorous activity with it. You will never get the car cleaned, nor will insurance cover the damage..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Meridia Porter Thu May 04, 2023 6:01 am

[Morgan's House]

Nicole wrote:'Ha ha.' Nicole intoned, placing the small grey plastic case the size of a laptop on the kitchen table and unclicking the clips. Within was a smaller battered grey case the size of an VHS tape with 'Psion' stamped on it, small collection of what looked a bit like old GameBoy cartridges and a pile of wires. With a deliberate air, the Etherite opened the VHS tape, revealing like a tiny, worn and patched-up netbook which looked older than Meridia was. Squinting at the cartridges for a moment, Nicole slotted one in the back of the device and then switched it on, while uncoiling one of the wires and hooking the end into the device. A series of clicks on the keyboard with one hand as the other held what appeared to be a tiny ear-piece or microphone on the yellow powder in question. An impatient tapping on the table with her other hand as she waited for the PDA to consult it's trove of materials data on the cartridge and reveal it's secrets on the little screen...

Meridia looks somewhat discomforted by the science going on in front of her, particularly when the netbook comes out, but she looks on with interest to see what will happen. Her attention drifts toward the magickal, feeling the flows of energy about her and taking in the sensation of Nicole's Will.

"You ever consider spending some of that mechanic money on upgrading your gear, or you happy with your kit?""

[Concordia]

Nicole wrote:Another silence, as the large woman started down the garden path, back onto the road. 'No, I would not. 'Cos I'd know my "life of leisure" would be from sitting on the back of others. And I notice that appeals to olden times living normally involves you being rich.'

"That's fair enough. I wouldn't want others to suffer for my gain. Maybe I would have been a farmer, or a seamstress in another life. I imagine that would be far less glamorous living though." She doesn't mean this literally. She doesn't have any idea how to run or farm or have any talent for even the most basic stitches, so she's pretty sure this isn't the case.

She spends a few moments in silence on their walk before speaking again. "Sorry, I'm just trying to make small talk. I don't mean to seem..." Meridia waves her hands vaguely about, stopping the sentence in its tracks.

"I appreciate that you've been pushed into minding me, so I don't mind if you'd rather not. I don't want to impose on you any further than the hospitality already shown. I don't mean to blabber, I'm just on edge at the moment."

"I can't imagine us clicking into place as friends immediately, but the Deacon has kindly offered a place within your Chantry pending approval of your people. He was worried that we might struggle to make it alone, and I would like to bring my talents where they can be useful. Tragedy too, I'm sure."

"Basically, I just wanted to say that I'm just trying to make a good impression, although I feel that I've made a big mess of all that." She awkwardly smiles toward Nicole.

Meridia stops talking to simply take in more of her surroundings as she walks, enjoying the marvels and basking in the energy of this place. Her self-consciousness fades as her surroundings seep in, drawn to her by a long inhalation.

[Thank you for your patience and words, I really appreciate it.]
Meridia Porter
Meridia Porter

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu May 04, 2023 8:06 am

"Oh you'll have to forgive me. Us Cultist don't tend to give up on our substances so easily." Serge said with a friendly smile.

"Well far be it for me to tell you what to do young man."
The little old lady replied though she still gave Serge a bit of a look.

Colin shrugged, "It's a fitting description; she's more of a soldier than a smith, after all... Hm, I think I shall have her read The Fragile Path, the Seer's prophecy in particular. If she gets an eyeful of the Seer's vision, she might get a new perspective on a few things..."

"That might be a good idea...Mr Yager is right though unless we get the notebook dated she is not likely to believe it, so perhaps a visit to the Etherites are in order to get that done?"
Amadeus suggested.

He chuckled softly, "Little birdy in the sky, dropped a poopy in my eye, I wasn't mad, I didn't cry, I just thank god that cows can't fly! Remind me to not get a blue vehicle when I move..."

"Dragon droppings...I did not think of that."
Amadeus muttered glancing up a bit concerned.
"But why only blue cars...."
He looked up at the light blue dragons and chuckle.
"Ah...some of them might not see to well."

"Indeed." Serge said with a grin, glad to see his worldview reinforced. "I wonder if there are any other pieces of information held in other old locations. Darn now we have to go check out other places right? Who knows what sort of things they could be hiding."

"I mean it is possible."
Amadeus replied.
"If we get any leads as to where those places might be. Horizon is a big place to go searching at random."

"What? Why blue?" Serge said as they passed the sign.

"Because...the dragons are blue Mr Yager and they are looking for a mate who are also...blue...and well I am sure you can figure out the rest."
Amadeus said sounding a bit amused.

He arched an eyebrow and pointed upward, "Now, imagine you've got a nice, new, light blue car, and one day you step outside to find a dragon half again the size of your car being... intertwined in amorous activity with it. You will never get the car cleaned, nor will insurance cover the damage..."

The old Verbena chuckle at that.
"I would like to see that meeting at the insurance agent's office though. Well you see my car got damaged by...amorous dragon."

[Concordia]

Meridia stops talking to simply take in more of her surroundings as she walks, enjoying the marvels and basking in the energy of this place. Her self-consciousness fades as her surroundings seep in, drawn to her by a long inhalation.

You saw a shop down the street located in a green painted building which looked like it came from the 1920's. A sign outside declared it to be Paul's Grocery and General Store. Further down from the bodega you saw the lights and shine of glass and steel of a more modern supermarket. The woman out walking her dog gave you and Nicole a polite nod as she passed you.

(OOC: Off course take all the time you need.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu May 04, 2023 10:19 am

[Morgan's House]

Anja's Post:

'And everyone wins; the protesters think they've like, successfully ended the event and the event actually happens.' she quipped with a smirk. 'But seriously, I think the lab itself needs to take a look at their own security. I can see this coming, so their people are either incompetent or... the protesters have sympathisers within TimeStop's [security] detail who decided to not make plans for this.'

Meridia's Post:

'Yeah, I'll just pop down the BestBuy and pick one up. They're by the cellphones, right?' she retorted with a sarcastic edge. Then gave a tiny inward sigh, realising perhaps the kid needed some clarification on the subject. 'This gear is still not Mundie-issue. Would have to pay, and pay well an Adept to mod the vanilla cell or tablet so it did all the things this relic can. That is if I can find an Adept who is both willing and able to do that...'

Anja's Post:

'Okay... 44% wallemia sebi, 26% yellow mustard, 17% brown mustard, 7% table salt... 2% human skin, 2% dust and the rest are spices.' she replied, after squinting at the screen for a moment. 'I don't know what the first one is, but it's got the "do not eat" star.' wondering for a moment whether that actually applied to her.

[Concordia]

Meridia's Post:

'Sounds fun. Long hours labouring, a tiny cold cottage and constantly being knocked-up 'til your death. At 24.' the Etherite quipped faux-cheerfully.

Meridia's Post:

A generic shrug at this, more distracted by the sight of the flying carpet than anything else.

Meridia's Post:

A silence to this, then a sigh. 'You might want to make a mess of that approval. You aware of what a shit-storm you're walking into?'

[For bonus points; who can name the film which I stole the idea of Nick's PDA from?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu May 04, 2023 10:41 am

Anja wrote:"That might be a good idea...Mr Yager is right though unless we get the notebook dated she is not likely to believe it, so perhaps a visit to the Etherites are in order to get that done?"
Amadeus suggested.
Colin shrugged, "Eh, she might be able to perform that analysis herself... then again, she might decide the drawing is newer, but the book is that old... Hard to predict how deep her skepticism runs some times."

Anja wrote:"I mean it is possible."
Amadeus replied.
"If we get any leads as to where those places might be. Horizon is a big place to go searching at random."
He smiled wryly, "Rather certain, really - but these things should be done rather, hm, discreetly. Besides, while recovering these items is a delight, it's largely not an urgent matter. Priorities, you know..."
He paused, "Well, damn, it just occurred to me, there might be something hidden in the Etherites' offices, even, if those buildings are inherited from the Solificati..."

Anja wrote:"Dragon droppings...I did not think of that."
Amadeus muttered glancing up a bit concerned.
"But why only blue cars...."
He looked up at the light blue dragons and chuckle.
"Ah...some of them might not see to well."
He nodded sagely, "Precisely that. Try to not look like a potential mate, and you'll remain unsquished."

Anja wrote:The old Verbena chuckle at that.
"I would like to see that meeting at the insurance agent's office though. Well you see my car got damaged by...amorous dragon."
He chuckled, "You would be hauled away on DUI suspicions faster than the Union could say 'We want a word with him'..."

((OOC: Film? I think there was a Psion-brand PDA in Executive Decision, but I somehow suspect that's not the one you meant...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu May 04, 2023 4:28 pm

Colin wrote:Colin shook his head, "No need to rush... the hidden items aren't going anywhere, and roaming around too much like that on a single day will rouse suspicion."
Anja wrote:"I mean it is possible."
Amadeus replied.
Colin wrote:He smiled wryly, "Rather certain, really - but these things should be done rather, hm, discreetly. Besides, while recovering these items is a delight, it's largely not an urgent matter. Priorities, you know..."
He paused, "Well, damn, it just occurred to me, there might be something hidden in the Etherites' offices, even, if those buildings are inherited from the Solificati..."

"See it's comments like that that would immediately lead into a jump cut showing that the hidden items are in fact going somewhere. That some hidden enemy is also going around searching for them." Serge joked with a slightly worried chuckle hoping that that wasn't true. "They better not take Seers of Chronos hidden treasure."

Anja wrote:"That might be a good idea...Mr Yager is right though unless we get the notebook dated she is not likely to believe it, so perhaps a visit to the Etherites are in order to get that done?"
Amadeus suggested.
Colin wrote:Colin shrugged, "Eh, she might be able to perform that analysis herself... then again, she might decide the drawing is newer, but the book is that old... Hard to predict how deep her skepticism runs some times."

"I don't think it's that hard. Nicole respects cold hard facts. Carbon dating the book and the drawing and showing there the same age would force her to respect it and the magick it represents." Serge said, "Though she won't show it, I wonder if something like this would scare her. It can be easy to feel trapped when dealing with magick like this."

Colin wrote:He arched an eyebrow and pointed upward, "Now, imagine you've got a nice, new, light blue car, and one day you step outside to find a dragon half again the size of your car being... intertwined in amorous activity with it. You will never get the car cleaned, nor will insurance cover the damage..."
Anja wrote:"Because...the dragons are blue Mr Yager and they are looking for a mate who are also...blue...and well I am sure you can figure out the rest."
Amadeus said sounding a bit amused.

"What there all blue?" Serge said looking up in the sky as if to see hordes of dragons simply flying above. "No other chromatic dragons? Not even the famous reds?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu May 04, 2023 8:22 pm

[Morgan's House]

'And everyone wins; the protesters think they've like, successfully ended the event and the event actually happens.' she quipped with a smirk. 'But seriously, I think the lab itself needs to take a look at their own security. I can see this coming, so their people are either incompetent or... the protesters have sympathisers within TimeStop's [security] detail who decided to not make plans for this.'

"Yes this will have to be discussed with security and we will see if we can strengthen it."
Baynes said sounding a bit distracted by something, probably the burning equipment.
"Thank you Scientist you helped us out...I hope I will see you down here at the conference later."

"Ah...delicious, we should be safe throwing that jar out then, or do you think it have gotten sentience yet?"
Amadeus joked.

Colin shrugged, "Eh, she might be able to perform that analysis herself... then again, she might decide the drawing is newer, but the book is that old... Hard to predict how deep her skepticism runs some times."

"I am pretty sure the age of the drawing can be checked as well, especially with Science capital S, but let us ask Miss Bouchard what proof she would need."
Amadeus replied.

He smiled wryly, "Rather certain, really - but these things should be done rather, hm, discreetly. Besides, while recovering these items is a delight, it's largely not an urgent matter. Priorities, you know..."

"I believe most of the Etherite buildings are fairly new."
Amadeus replied.
"They would have other needs than a bunch of Alchemists. That being said right now we seam to have the afternoon off so we might as well look. Unless you had more pressing matters right at this moment Mr Wainwright?"

He nodded sagely, "Precisely that. Try to not look like a potential mate, and you'll remain unsquished."

The old Verbena chuckle at that.

He chuckled, "You would be hauled away on DUI suspicions faster than the Union could say 'We want a word with him'..."

"I mean I could make even more outrageous claims."
The blood witch said with a wry smile.

What there all blue?" Serge said looking up in the sky as if to see hordes of dragons simply flying above. "No other chromatic dragons? Not even the famous reds?"

"There exist many different dragons out in the Umbra Mr Yager, and I do believe the most common collor in folklore is green, but yes the guys above us are neiter the most powerful nor the most feroicus, however the breed of dragon which have setteled on Horizon are pale blue with white undersides...now and again a Bygone find their way here though and that is when you better run."
Amadeus said.
"In fact I wonder if Henry is still on Horizon, with his wife and child..."
He added with a grin.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu May 04, 2023 10:57 pm

Jeremy wrote:"See it's comments like that that would immediately lead into a jump cut showing that the hidden items are in fact going somewhere. That some hidden enemy is also going around searching for them." Serge joked with a slightly worried chuckle hoping that that wasn't true. "They better not take Seers of Chronos hidden treasure."
Anja wrote:"I believe most of the Etherite buildings are fairly new."
Amadeus replied.
"They would have other needs than a bunch of Alchemists. That being said right now we seam to have the afternoon off so we might as well look. Unless you had more pressing matters right at this moment Mr Wainwright?"
Colin shook his head, "I'm not... overly worried about other treasure hunters. Things were hidden well, and would need intimate knowledge that died with... well... you know what I mean. But I would rather bring these items to safe storage and unpack before going anywhere else. After getting some tea supplies, of course."

Anja wrote:"I am pretty sure the age of the drawing can be checked as well, especially with Science capital S, but let us ask Miss Bouchard what proof she would need."
Amadeus replied.
Jeremy wrote:"I don't think it's that hard. Nicole respects cold hard facts. Carbon dating the book and the drawing and showing there the same age would force her to respect it and the magick it represents." Serge said, "Though she won't show it, I wonder if something like this would scare her. It can be easy to feel trapped when dealing with magick like this."
He nodded, "It might constitute a literal paradigm shift for her - an unsettling notion for anyone. Though, I'd have to read closer through the accompanying notes to see how unsettling it might be."

Anja wrote:"I mean I could make even more outrageous claims."
The blood witch said with a wry smile.
He shook his head, "I don't think that would help your case with insurance... or the nice gentlemen with white coats sent to collect you."

Jeremy wrote:"What there all blue?" Serge said looking up in the sky as if to see hordes of dragons simply flying above. "No other chromatic dragons? Not even the famous reds?"
Anja wrote:"There exist many different dragons out in the Umbra Mr Yager, and I do believe the most common collor in folklore is green, but yes the guys above us are neiter the most powerful nor the most feroicus, however the breed of dragon which have setteled on Horizon are pale blue with white undersides...now and again a Bygone find their way here though and that is when you better run."
Amadeus said.
He added with a grin.
He looked up before ducking in to the tea shop, "The blues of Concordia are... not quite docile, but they're not outright malicious and hostile as a general rule. By all accounts from survivors, you do not want to run into a red one. As for Henry... perhaps we can find the time to check?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri May 05, 2023 4:24 am

Colin wrote:He nodded, "It might constitute a literal paradigm shift for her - an unsettling notion for anyone. Though, I'd have to read closer through the accompanying notes to see how unsettling it might be."

"Ok hold on now. Nicole's made of tougher stuff then that." Serge said looking amused. "She's dealt with a lot of freaky stuff so far. This might scare her. Cause her existential dread. But it won't change her entire worldview."

Anja wrote:"There exist many different dragons out in the Umbra Mr Yager, and I do believe the most common collor in folklore is green, but yes the guys above us are neiter the most powerful nor the most feroicus, however the breed of dragon which have setteled on Horizon are pale blue with white undersides...now and again a Bygone find their way here though and that is when you better run."
Amadeus said.
He added with a grin.
Colin wrote:He looked up before ducking in to the tea shop, "The blues of Concordia are... not quite docile, but they're not outright malicious and hostile as a general rule. By all accounts from survivors, you do not want to run into a red one. As for Henry... perhaps we can find the time to check?"

"Doesn't Horizon have super defenses against Bygones like that? In a place where magick runs free this place has got to have every type of shield imaginable." Serge said as he walked into the tea shop behind his Cabal Leader.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 05, 2023 9:45 am

Colin shook his head, "I'm not... overly worried about other treasure hunters. Things were hidden well, and would need intimate knowledge that died with... well... you know what I mean. But I would rather bring these items to safe storage and unpack before going anywhere else. After getting some tea supplies, of course."

"I am sure there are no need to hurry, though I have to admit to being curious now Mr Wainwright."
Amadeus commented.

He nodded, "It might constitute a literal paradigm shift for her - an unsettling notion for anyone. Though, I'd have to read closer through the accompanying notes to see how unsettling it might be."

"I mean it is not like the Sons of Ether completely discount the possibility of there being such a ting as foretelling the future they just have a scientific explanation for it."
The old Verbena remarked.

He shook his head, "I don't think that would help your case with insurance... or the nice gentlemen with white coats sent to collect you."

"Yes there is always the danger of that...then again I could always feed them to my tree."
The blood witch said with a wry grin.

He looked up before ducking in to the tea shop, "The blues of Concordia are... not quite docile, but they're not outright malicious and hostile as a general rule. By all accounts from survivors, you do not want to run into a red one. As for Henry... perhaps we can find the time to check?"

"I am sure you would find him an interesting gentleman unless he eats you."
Amadeus said wryly.

Doesn't Horizon have super defenses against Bygones like that? In a place where magick runs free this place has got to have every type of shield imaginable." Serge said as he walked into the tea shop behind his Cabal Leader.

You got into a small shot that smelled of herbs. There was racks of teas, paper bacgs and gall jars of dried herbs, shelves of oils, boxes of incense. A chubby woman with dark brown skin and darker brown hair hidden by a scarf was helping a gentleman choose a bath oil as your group entered her store.

"Yes the defenses of Horizon could drive away or kill Bygones child but remember that this place above else is dedicated to preserving magick and the Bygones are the very symbol of the sterilization of reality the Union engage in, no one at Horizon would want to harm a Bygone if it can be avoided so yes sometimes they come here seeking protection."
Amadeus explained.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri May 05, 2023 11:58 am

Anja wrote:"I am sure there are no need to hurry, though I have to admit to being curious now Mr Wainwright."
Amadeus commented.
Colin nodded, "As am I, but curiosity must be tempered with patience sometimes, for safety... It is often better to pause and take stock for a moment, rather than press on, heedless of your surroundings."

Jeremy wrote:"Ok hold on now. Nicole's made of tougher stuff then that." Serge said looking amused. "She's dealt with a lot of freaky stuff so far. This might scare her. Cause her existential dread. But it won't change her entire worldview."
Anja wrote:"I mean it is not like the Sons of Ether completely discount the possibility of there being such a ting as foretelling the future they just have a scientific explanation for it."
The old Verbena remarked.
He nodded, "True, Nicole's made of stern stuff, but she is also remarkably stubborn, and quite dismissive if not contemptuous of Mysticism. I'm not saying seeing the picture would change her entire worldview, but it might force her to... reevaluate some particularly stubborn prejudices."

Anja wrote:"Yes there is always the danger of that...then again I could always feed them to my tree."
The blood witch said with a wry grin.
He chuckled, "And how will that get the car fixed?"

Anja wrote:"I am sure you would find him an interesting gentleman unless he eats you."
Amadeus said wryly.
He grinned, "Sounds not unlike Toby, then."

Jeremy wrote:"Doesn't Horizon have super defenses against Bygones like that? In a place where magick runs free this place has got to have every type of shield imaginable." Serge said as he walked into the tea shop behind his Cabal Leader.
Anja wrote:You got into a small shot that smelled of herbs. There was racks of teas, paper bacgs and gall jars of dried herbs, shelves of oils, boxes of incense. A chubby woman with dark brown skin and darker brown hair hidden by a scarf was helping a gentleman choose a bath oil as your group entered her store.

"Yes the defenses of Horizon could drive away or kill Bygones child but remember that this place above else is dedicated to preserving magick and the Bygones are the very symbol of the sterilization of reality the Union engage in, no one at Horizon would want to harm a Bygone if it can be avoided so yes sometimes they come here seeking protection."
Amadeus explained.
He nodded, "What Master Nassa said - the defenses are there to defend against active threats; Bygones like red dragons don't necessarily come here to cause trouble... but you can be certain the defenders of the realm keep a very, very close eye on any such visitors, just in case they are hostile."

He casually browsed the tea until the clerk seemed available, and stepped over to bow politely, "Adeptus Colin Wainwright, of Steelhaven Hall Chantry in Boston, Ma'am. Miss Coldstreet across the street enthusiastically recommended your shop."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 05, 2023 12:41 pm

Colin nodded, "As am I, but curiosity must be tempered with patience sometimes, for safety... It is often better to pause and take stock for a moment, rather than press on, heedless of your surroundings."

"I was born five hundred years ago Mr Wainwright, in this life. I would believe I have some knowledge of patience seeing that I am still alive. The question is more what are the safety reasons for not checking these locations now?"
The old Verbena said raising an eyebrow.

He nodded, "True, Nicole's made of stern stuff, but she is also remarkably stubborn, and quite dismissive if not contemptuous of Mysticism. I'm not saying seeing the picture would change her entire worldview, but it might force her to... reevaluate some particularly stubborn prejudices."

"Or she will just assume there is some mathematical formula or going faster that light or whatever it is Etherite explain Time Magick with."
The old blood witch said raising an eyebrow.

He chuckled, "And how will that get the car fixed?"

"It would not but it would be satisfying."
Amadeus replied wryly.

He grinned, "Sounds not unlike Toby, then."

"Henry Arovju is a former nobleman, he is intelligent, refined and cultured so not like your Labyrinth Mr Wainwright."

He nodded, "What Master Nassa said - the defenses are there to defend against active threats; Bygones like red dragons don't necessarily come here to cause trouble... but you can be certain the defenders of the realm keep a very, very close eye on any such visitors, just in case they are hostile."

Amadeus nodded at that.

He casually browsed the tea until the clerk seemed available, and stepped over to bow politely, "Adeptus Colin Wainwright, of Steelhaven Hall Chantry in Boston, Ma'am. Miss Coldstreet across the street enthusiastically recommended your shop."

"It is nice to meet you Adeptus Wainwright. I am Rosemary James linear witch member of the Verbena, ah yes Miss Coldstreet is an old friend."
The herb shop owner said with a smile.
"So what can I do for you Sir?"
She asked as the customer with the oils waved and left the shop.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 31 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 31  Next