Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daggers in the Dark, Two Suns and New Friends IC Thread 58

+2
Meridia Porter
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 31 of 31 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 29, 30, 31

Go down

Daggers in the Dark, Two Suns and New Friends IC Thread 58 - Page 31 Empty Re: Daggers in the Dark, Two Suns and New Friends IC Thread 58

Post by Warpmind Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:49 pm

[After lunch Meeting with the Admiral]
Anja wrote:"You do know we got wards Mr Wainwright."
The Admiral asked.
Colin nodded, "True. But would you wager good money that someone like, say, a Seat doesn't have a way around those?"

Anja wrote:"Indeed I have been warned."
Alexis said as Dalisse found delicate porcelain cups and poured tea into them.
"That is correct...all of them Colin, the problem is they have help from at least one higher ranking Nephanda...I do not have all the details, what however I do got is a captive and I have talked my ship into letting you talk with said captive before it eats him."
She said in the same tone of voice she used when she added.
"Sugar? Milk? I am afraid I only have the preserved variety I do not often get supplies."
Helena scowled.
"You will feed your captive to your ship Ma'am?"
"Why yes off course he is delicious."
"I see...ehm...black coffee for me."
"Here you go."
"Thank you."
Through this conversation Helena looked rather pale.
Colin gave Dalisse a warm smile, "One sugar, please... and honestly, feeding a captive like that to the ship is... expedient. It isn't as though Toby didn't get to eat well after that battle, though those bodies were already deceased at the time. Hum, the high-ranking Nephanda, maybe the same as the lovely lady we ran into on the way?"
Sipping the tea thoughtfully, he continued, "The captive, do you have any information on the chap? And... I'll make sure to go on a grocery run for you, have some supplies delivered before you depart."
He glanced to Hastings, "By your leave, Ma'am."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Daggers in the Dark, Two Suns and New Friends IC Thread 58 - Page 31 Empty Re: Daggers in the Dark, Two Suns and New Friends IC Thread 58

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:58 pm

[After lunch, Serge's Trip]

Anja wrote:"Well certinly astorlogy is one of the great occult sciences, and most cultures have developed some sort of divination by the stars."
Amadeus said as you entered a room filled with planchettes, books with examples of autometic writing and spirit boards.
"Do not look like we got to the Astrology section yet though."
The old mage said. The silver box was still in your hand.
"It suprise me you take an interest in astorlogy kid since it is allot of path, calculations and going through reference materials."
Amadeus said raising an eyebrow as he looked at Serge.

"That's science astrology. Don't forget about stuff like constellations. The indomitable power of the human imagination to be able to look at a bunch of dots in the sky and create whole pictures and stories out of them is amazing. Throughout the ages they would attribute properties and meanings to those constellation and then draw powers and knowledge from them." Serge said as he looked around at the planchettes and spirit boards.

Their current room was certainly interesting however Serge was currently preoccupied by Salkonias's treasure hunt. In a museum about fortune-telling he was almost certain that 'intersection between the stars' must refer in someway to astrology, perhaps literally finding two stars and looking for their intersection.

While he had the time he attempted to open the silver box in his hand, wondering if there were further clues within it.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:53 pm

"That's science astrology. Don't forget about stuff like constellations. The indomitable power of the human imagination to be able to look at a bunch of dots in the sky and create whole pictures and stories out of them is amazing. Throughout the ages they would attribute properties and meanings to those constellation and then draw powers and knowledge from them." Serge said as he looked around at the planchettes and spirit boards.

"Yeah that is not astrology kid. Constellations and identifying them are astronomy and seeing patterns in things are apophenia, astrology is the science."
Amadeus replied.

Their current room was certainly interesting however Serge was currently preoccupied by Salkonias's treasure hunt. In a museum about fortune-telling he was almost certain that 'intersection between the stars' must refer in someway to astrology, perhaps literally finding two stars and looking for their intersection.

While he had the time he attempted to open the silver box in his hand, wondering if there were further clues within it.

Amadeus headed to a display of some plachettes as you opened the box, it did open and a very ornate key made out of blackened silver with the Cult of Ecstasy lily on the handle, the key was set with what looked like emeralds.

Colin nodded, "True. But would you wager good money that someone like, say, a Seat doesn't have a way around those?"

"That is a good point, if I can get past the wards then so can a Primus. However this is not something it is safe to discussed."
The Admiral replied with a frown.
"Even here out in the Umbra."

Colin gave Dalisse a warm smile, "One sugar, please... and honestly, feeding a captive like that to the ship is... expedient. It isn't as though Toby didn't get to eat well after that battle, though those bodies were already deceased at the time. Hum, the high-ranking Nephanda, maybe the same as the lovely lady we ran into on the way?"
Sipping the tea thoughtfully, he continued, "The captive, do you have any information on the chap? And... I'll make sure to go on a grocery run for you, have some supplies delivered before you depart."
He glanced to Hastings, "By your leave, Ma'am."

"Not much, he is Fallen and he works for some mroe powerful Fallen who have been attacking traffic to and from Horizon from what he told me."
Dalisse said as she added sugar to your cup.
"You can talk with him though before I feed him to my ship."
She smiled.
"I would love to get some tea and other supplied though so thank you for that my friend."
She added. The three other mages looked skeptical but the Admiral said.
"I will pretend I do not know anything about any prisoner."
She said and Victor grunted his agreement and Helena frowned and nodded.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Jun 28, 2023 6:52 am

Anja wrote:"Yeah that is not astrology kid. Constellations and identifying them are astronomy and seeing patterns in things are apophenia, astrology is the science."
Amadeus replied.

"I-isn't Astonomy the science? Astrology is the mystical stuff like horoscopes and zodiacs." Serge said now doubting his own knowledge even though he was pretty sure he was in the right.

Anja wrote:Amadeus headed to a display of some plachettes as you opened the box, it did open and a very ornate key made out of blackened silver with the Cult of Ecstasy lily on the handle, the key was set with what looked like emeralds.

"A key inside of a chest. Isn't that a bit of a reversal. Salkonias you genius. Subverting tropes even now." Serge whispered to himself as he admired the key. "There should be something to unlock.....probably wherever those stars are. And where ever they instersect."

Placing the key inside of his pockets, Serge headed back to where Master Nassa was saying, "I've never seen anything like these before. They look pretty cool."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:09 am

"I-isn't Astonomy the science? Astrology is the mystical stuff like horoscopes and zodiacs." Serge said now doubting his own knowledge even though he was pretty sure he was in the right.

"Yes that is correct kid however you spoke about looking up at the sky and finding constellations, and that is far more astronomy than astrology unless you add the mystical parts which involve charts, study and hours pouring over meanings. Astrology is not just looking at the stars and imagining you see something there, it is a deep study."
Amadeus replied.
"Identifying constellations are simply easy astronomy, figuring out how those constellations though all other things affecting it will affect your life is astrology."

A key inside of a chest. Isn't that a bit of a reversal. Salkonias you genius. Subverting tropes even now." Serge whispered to himself as he admired the key. "There should be something to unlock.....probably wherever those stars are. And where ever they instersect."

Placing the key inside of his pockets, Serge headed back to where Master Nassa was saying, "I've never seen anything like these before. They look pretty cool."

The old planchettes was beautifully painted and Amadeus nodded.
"They are used for automatic writing, you see they look like the tool you use with the ever popular Ouija board but these have little wheels and you put a pen through the hole and write with them."
The odl Verbena explained.
"Actually kid you might like automatic writing as a divination tool, perhaps not the writing part but you could do automatic drawing as well."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:20 am

Anja wrote:"That is a good point, if I can get past the wards then so can a Primus. However this is not something it is safe to discussed."
The Admiral replied with a frown.
"Even here out in the Umbra."
Colin nodded, "No, even if it is just a hypothetical... Some surreptitious overview of the security setup, and its loopholes, should be undertaken, though."

Anja wrote:"Not much, he is Fallen and he works for some mroe powerful Fallen who have been attacking traffic to and from Horizon from what he told me."
Dalisse said as she added sugar to your cup.
"You can talk with him though before I feed him to my ship."
She smiled.
"I would love to get some tea and other supplied though so thank you for that my friend."
She added. The three other mages looked skeptical but the Admiral said.
"I will pretend I do not know anything about any prisoner."
She said and Victor grunted his agreement and Helena frowned and nodded.
He nodded, "Hum, will you object to my offering the fellow a clean death before he is eaten? It might... provide a bit of leverage."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:34 am

[TimeStop Labs]

Anja's Post:

'That's the issue. Stop moving, fire chaff. Enemy thinks you've vanished.' she quipped, saying the first bollocks idea that came into her head.

Anja's Post:

'Uh-huh.' she replied, alarms going off completely now; the only innocent way the kid would have heard about that would have been from the security dock at the time they'd come in. 'Shame the enemy ship turned up before we had chance to salvage or get their black box.' doing her best to sound casual, watching Baynes delivering a speech she'd already mainly heard before.

[I'll enlighten you if/when Colin gets Leadership: 2. *tongue*]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 28, 2023 5:14 pm

Colin nodded, "No, even if it is just a hypothetical... Some surreptitious overview of the security setup, and its loopholes, should be undertaken, though."

"It is not a bad idea, I will make the suggestion to the Primus to bring before the Council of Nine."
The Admiral replied.

He nodded, "Hum, will you object to my offering the fellow a clean death before he is eaten? It might... provide a bit of leverage."

"No that is quite acceptable, it do not matter to my ship if his food is alive or dead."
Dalisse said as she handed cups of tea, milk and sugar around.
"Should I take you to the prisoner then?"

[TimeStop Labs]

'That's the issue. Stop moving, fire chaff. Enemy thinks you've vanished.' she quipped, saying the first bollocks idea that came into her head.

"Yeah I guess."
The young mans aid scratching his head as Beynes droned on in the background about his work and the benefits of cybernetics.

Uh-huh.' she replied, alarms going off completely now; the only innocent way the kid would have heard about that would have been from the security dock at the time they'd come in. 'Shame the enemy ship turned up before we had chance to salvage or get their black box.' doing her best to sound casual, watching Baynes delivering a speech she'd already mainly heard before.

Baynes was going on about shoulder joints, this would take at least a few minutes.
"I see I was sure i heard you had rescued an enemy pilot from the Union ship."
The other Etherite fished.
"Are you saying this is not true?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jun 28, 2023 5:20 pm

[Timestop Labs]

Anja's Post:

'Now who's saying that, exactly?' she replied, wondering whether Baynes genuinely mistook this opening speech to be his actual presentation or was using it as a captive audience to promote himself as de facto leader of their field within the Society.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 28, 2023 5:29 pm

[Timestop Labs]

'Now who's saying that, exactly?' she replied, wondering whether Baynes genuinely mistook this opening speech to be his actual presentation or was using it as a captive audience to promote himself as de facto leader of their field within the Society.

Baynes continued to drone on about shoulder joints. The young man you where talking to shrugged.
"Oh you know rumors you know."
He said with an disarming smile.

You notice Lucine have stopped paying attention to the speech and she glanced at you and took a simp from her water bottle lifting her left pinkie as she looked at you. Your old Cabal had some signs to discreetly communicate and she was asking if all was ok and if she should get someone, clearly she had noticed you did not trust the kid sitting behind you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:45 pm

[TimeStop Labs]

Anja's Post:

'So... you believe rumours from people without like, actual names?' she quipped mockingly, trying to get more details out of them, scratching the top of her ear for a moment - signalling "keep watch" back to Lucine.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:38 pm

Anja wrote:"It is not a bad idea, I will make the suggestion to the Primus to bring before the Council of Nine."
The Admiral replied.
Colin nodded, "I know a scribe who might be persuaded to help with keeping a log of clandestine comings and goings... but I'll not see him forced into the role."

Anja wrote:"No that is quite acceptable, it do not matter to my ship if his food is alive or dead."
Dalisse said as she handed cups of tea, milk and sugar around.
"Should I take you to the prisoner then?"
He sipped his tea, "Well, now, we ought to finish our cups first... wouldn't do to let good tea get cold. Hm..."
He looked to Dalisse, "So aside from the imminent trouble, have you encountered anything of interest since we last spoke? Strange new worlds, that sort of thing?"

((OOC: Well, I mean, that's a fair threshold to give me. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:34 pm

[TimeStop Labs]

So... you believe rumours from people without like, actual names?' she quipped mockingly, trying to get more details out of them, scratching the top of her ear for a moment - signalling "keep watch" back to Lucine.

"Well you know that is how rumors work, there tend to be a core of truth to them though."
The other Etherite said.
"So did you capture...a Technocrat pilot?"
He asked. Lucine did not give any sign she had caught your signal but she kept watching carefully while pretending to pay attention to Baynes who had now switched to discussing elbow joints.

Colin nodded, "I know a scribe who might be persuaded to help with keeping a log of clandestine comings and goings... but I'll not see him forced into the role."

"If this is a spirit then I can guarantee the Council will not accept such a service from a entity associated with someone on the outside."
Alexis replied.

He sipped his tea, "Well, now, we ought to finish our cups first... wouldn't do to let good tea get cold. Hm..."

"Indeed so."
Dalisse said as she settled down to sip her own tea, holding her up with her delicate webbed hands.

He looked to Dalisse, "So aside from the imminent trouble, have you encountered anything of interest since we last spoke? Strange new worlds, that sort of thing?"

"Oh many, we do roam in the Deep, would you like a list my friend?"
The fish like woman said with a slight smile on her strange lips.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:39 pm

(OOC: Oops this thread have reached 31 pages time for a new IC thread. Everyone get 2 exp for this thread. I will write up a log of this thread when I have the time but right now it is more important just to get the new thread started. Here is the link to the new thread:

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com/t290-a-spy-a-dark-alliance-and-a-trial-ic-thread-59#49195 )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 31 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 29, 30, 31