Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daggers in the Dark, Two Suns and New Friends IC Thread 58

+2
Meridia Porter
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 28 of 31 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

Daggers in the Dark, Two Suns and New Friends IC Thread 58 - Page 28 Empty Re: Daggers in the Dark, Two Suns and New Friends IC Thread 58

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jun 17, 2023 1:12 pm

[After lunch, back at the prison]

Colin smiled thinly, "He is what one might call a fixed point... give him the right legal argument when he stands in judgment of you, and he will inflexibly discomfort a colleague, even while calling you out on a stalling tactic..."

"That he will...Resonance takes it's toll and so do being a Soul Reaver..."
Quesitor Bly shuddered.
"I am not sure Master Tolle's mind is no longer completely human."

He chuckled, "The Order of Hermes have a law against harassing the Fair Folk, even... apparently, a few of their number did enough discourtesies toward the Fairies, and then simply... disappeared. The Hermetic Code has a surprising lot of those seemingly self-evident restrictions, most of them seemingly written down after the FAFO principle."

"Yeah those are the laws one can call ehm...practical. Do not burn down the fairy forest or else. I have a feeling there will not be allot of trials over that, the fae handle the justice themselves."
Dale said with a soft chuckle.

He nodded, "They did... and then they made a second sun just to show that they could. Well, we're not immune to a bit of hubris, any of us... But yes, knights are still around, and we still put our lives on the line to protect others, not just for those we love, but against those who would harm others for their own selfish goals."
He stroked his face thoughtfully, running fingertips along the scars, "Four other officers in the helicopter, none of them suffered a scratch, and I got a couple of medals and an honourable discharge... I couldn't have gone on serving at the time, so it was the best they could do for me..."

"I mean if you can make sun why not two?"
The prisoner said.
"I mean sometimes if you really got superpowers it must be fun to just let loose."
He said then he looked at you.
"So that is what happened Mr Wainwright, sounds like you did very well then getting your passengers down safe. I always wondered if I would be able to die for my Amalgam, I hope that I would, I know they would be willing to die for me."
He said with a sad sigh.
"I miss them you know, but no matter how things go I think I am done with the Union, I will not betray them, other than that...director, but I have seen and experienced to much magic to...work for their ideals."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Daggers in the Dark, Two Suns and New Friends IC Thread 58 - Page 28 Empty Re: Daggers in the Dark, Two Suns and New Friends IC Thread 58

Post by Warpmind Sat Jun 17, 2023 1:59 pm

Anja wrote:"That he will...Resonance takes it's toll and so do being a Soul Reaver..."
Quesitor Bly shuddered.
"I am not sure Master Tolle's mind is no longer completely human."
Colin hesitated, "There's... enough humanity left in him to know what he's lost, and to not want others to end up like him..."

Anja wrote:"Yeah those are the laws one can call ehm...practical. Do not burn down the fairy forest or else. I have a feeling there will not be allot of trials over that, the fae handle the justice themselves."
Dale said with a soft chuckle.
He chuckled, "Oh, there will be trials, but by no means on the Mages' terms..."

Anja wrote:"I mean if you can make sun why not two?"
The prisoner said.
"I mean sometimes if you really got superpowers it must be fun to just let loose."
He said then he looked at you.
"So that is what happened Mr Wainwright, sounds like you did very well then getting your passengers down safe. I always wondered if I would be able to die for my Amalgam, I hope that I would, I know they would be willing to die for me."
He said with a sad sigh.
"I miss them you know, but no matter how things go I think I am done with the Union, I will not betray them, other than that...director, but I have seen and experienced to much magic to...work for their ideals."
He nodded, "Good lad... I can't say whether you would, or wouldn't lay your life on the line. You never know that until the moment comes... but I do think quite highly of you; it takes a lot of courage to take action against a monster with power over you and others. You were tricked into the wrong course of action, certainly, but yours were not the actions of a coward."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jun 17, 2023 11:07 pm

Colin hesitated, "There's... enough humanity left in him to know what he's lost, and to not want others to end up like him..."

"That I guess is why Master Tolle still function as a Quesitor, but it makes his fate all the more tragic."
Quesitor Bly said with a sigh.

He chuckled, "Oh, there will be trials, but by no means on the Mages' terms..."

"Indeed and most likely not in a mage Tribunal but rather in a Fae one."
Dale said with a bit of a soft chuckle.

He nodded, "Good lad... I can't say whether you would, or wouldn't lay your life on the line. You never know that until the moment comes... but I do think quite highly of you; it takes a lot of courage to take action against a monster with power over you and others. You were tricked into the wrong course of action, certainly, but yours were not the actions of a coward."

The prisoner looked at you for a while then he looked down at his bound hands.
"What I ended up doing was worse than...but I...did not know that."
He said with a sigh.
"Thank you I...it means allot that there is someone who don't hate me."
Dale offered a weak smile at that. You could see he was exhausted, constant fear had a tendency to do that to a person but he tried to present a brave face.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Jun 18, 2023 5:53 am

[After lunch, Serge's Trip]

Anja wrote:"A bit of flair is the spice of life."
Elena said as she lead the way.
"Well the good master did not only see the future he saw into people's souls as well, into their minds they say."
She said then she pointed at an old stone building overgrown with beautiful flowers, a sign outside pronounced it as:
"The Museum of Divination and Seership."
Elena smiled.
"That is the building you want, if there anything else i can help you with?"
She added in a friendly tone of voice.

"No that's it. Thank you for the help!" Serge said cheerily. "I think I can take it from here."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:31 am

No that's it. Thank you for the help!" Serge said cheerily. "I think I can take it from here."

"Ok just head up to the villa and ask for me if you need anything else Mr Yager."
Elena said and she waved to you and then headed of to help other tourists, her long, flowing white dress billowing around her making her look like some mysterious creature from a old story book.
"Should we head in then kid?"
Amadeus asked looking at the young mage.
"And see what we find?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Jun 18, 2023 2:40 pm

[TimeStop Labs]

Anja's Post:

'Already did. Logical disconnect between person's appearance and what they actually like, achieve.' she shot back, though good-naturedly. 'Though he's like due any moment now. Opening speech will be in like, a couple of minutes.' checking the time on her cell.

Anja's Post:

'Eh... if you really want one, I'll dig the location out of the nav-box.'

Anja's Post:

'Always fun, that. Half of me is pleased I don't have to deal with that shit so much now, the other half reminds me the Boston ones are seriously better at hiding.' giving a little shudder.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jun 18, 2023 7:39 pm

[TimeStop Labs]

'Already did. Logical disconnect between person's appearance and what they actually like, achieve.' she shot back, though good-naturedly. 'Though he's like due any moment now. Opening speech will be in like, a couple of minutes.' checking the time on her cell.

"I guess we have to wait and see. But yea we should get to the conference room...I think it is this way."
Carlos said and he pointed and he and Lucine started walking.

'Eh... if you really want one, I'll dig the location out of the nav-box.'

"I really want one and I would love the coordinates to see them but I do not think I would nab one, it seams wrong somehow to take a free creature and make it a pet when it is happy where it is, but I would love to see them."
The neurologist said when a sigh.
"Ethics are a bitch at times."

Always fun, that. Half of me is pleased I don't have to deal with that shit so much now, the other half reminds me the Boston ones are seriously better at hiding.' giving a little shudder.

"I am not sure better at hiding makes things better overall."
Carlos said as your group reached a large, round chamber used as the main conference room.
"They might be less about ludicrous gibbs but they also will sneak up on you or just you know find a way to fuck you over. At least you will see the noisy ones."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:06 pm

[TimeStop Labs]

Anja's Post:

'What, you ain't gonna wait and see if he turns up here?' she repled in a slightly sad tone, following the pair. 'This is some building; I would not have pegged this as a Lab.'

Anja's Post:

'They live on a fragmenting floating meteorite. Not sure how long they'd survive anyway.' giving a shrug, wondering what Cava would make of them.

Anja's Post:

'Meh, we ain't got nuffin they want. Well, usually. Part from being dinner. But nothing like special. You can't really have a beef without something to beef about.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:55 am

[TimeStop Labs]

'What, you ain't gonna wait and see if he turns up here?' she repled in a slightly sad tone, following the pair. 'This is some building; I would not have pegged this as a Lab.'

"Yeah it started out as a Cultist pleasure dome I believe before we got our hands on it."
Carlos said.
"It can be hard to find one's way as the walls tend to shift but I believe I know where we are going and no need to wait for Baynes he is already in the main lecture hall and told us to meet him there."

They live on a fragmenting floating meteorite. Not sure how long they'd survive anyway.' giving a shrug, wondering what Cava would make of them.

"You have a point...I can do some analysis of their environment to see if it is ethical to take one home."
Lucine said cheering him. You have a feelign Cava would love them to bits and beg for one as a pet.

'Meh, we ain't got nuffin they want. Well, usually. Part from being dinner. But nothing like special. You can't really have a beef without something to beef about.'

"I think that is why there is usual peace between our two groups, vampires and the Awakened just don't compete for resources and they fear us enough not to want to start anything. I was bitten once, but once the bloodsucker noticed something was...different, looked down and saw my ray gun pointed at his chest the apologized and backed away."
Carlos said with a grunt before wawing to Baynes who stood talking with a woman all decked out in yellow lace, at least you think it was a woman but nothing showed under the lace and she was well over 6 feet tall. The woman fit the description Colin had made of Daisy Darnell the Deacon Primus of Chantry Flamingo in Chicago, the one with the full body conversion.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:27 am

[TimeStop Labs]

Anja's Post:

'Well, they are unlikely to make it hard to find the place...' she quipped.

Anja's Post:

'Well, p'haps they can all be like, resettled in the city. Somewhere nice, like Belle Isle or up in the Carpenter Park.' she mused.

Anja's Post:

'That is something to worry; Boston they're much more... sneaky 'bout dining. Detroit... well, you know how it is. Rando bodies in abandoned buildings, drained-out hobos and gangers ecectra. Have to much more careful 'bout going out now as lots hit up bars and clubs. But I got an vamp-scanning app now.'

Anja's Post:

'Evidence for you, C; the old man arrived to speak to... what I think is a full-blown steelhead [obvious cyborg]. Don't tell me he wouldn't class that under "I'd like to do". Not sure 'bout the drapes, mind. But a robot wouldn't have that. Or shouldn't have that.' a touch of disapproval in her voice.

[Pedantic point of the day; if nothing showed under the lace and she's simply a HIT-V skeleton, she has no identifying gender markers.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:53 am

Anja wrote:"That I guess is why Master Tolle still function as a Quesitor, but it makes his fate all the more tragic."
Quesitor Bly said with a sigh.
Colin nodded thoughtfully, "Perhaps less a tragedy, and more a warning against... overenthusiastic use of that punishment."

Anja wrote:The prisoner looked at you for a while then he looked down at his bound hands.
"What I ended up doing was worse than...but I...did not know that."
He said with a sigh.
"Thank you I...it means allot that there is someone who don't hate me."
Dale offered a weak smile at that. You could see he was exhausted, constant fear had a tendency to do that to a person but he tried to present a brave face.
He nodded, "You were duped into doing something horrible, yes... but who can say how many other young students you saved from that director? I can't say you did the right thing, but there was certainly an aspect of righteousness to it, as well. Whatever happens, there'll be people who don't know what they owe you..."

((OOC: There might not be any clear gender indicators under all that lace, but Deaconess Darnell does have a... feminine inclination in her garments, all the same.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:42 am

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "Perhaps less a tragedy, and more a warning against... overenthusiastic use of that punishment."

"Yes...thought I am not sure he is aware of that himself, if the law call for...that he will perform it no questions asked."
Quesitor Bly said with a shudder.

He nodded, "You were duped into doing something horrible, yes... but who can say how many other young students you saved from that director? I can't say you did the right thing, but there was certainly an aspect of righteousness to it, as well. Whatever happens, there'll be people who don't know what they owe you..."

"I hope they never find out."
Dale muttered bitterly. At this time there was a knock on the door and the prisoner jumped. Helena poked her head in the door after it was opened then quickly pulled it back when she felt the anti magick effect of the cell.
"Mr Wainwright...someone is looking for you, they hear you where here and asked me to request a meeting in the cafeteria."
She said once she was well out of the cell.

[TimeStop Labs]

Well, they are unlikely to make it hard to find the place...' she quipped.

"Yeah for everything with our Tradition is always straight forward."
Carlos replied with a chuckle.

Well, p'haps they can all be like, resettled in the city. Somewhere nice, like Belle Isle or up in the Carpenter Park.' she mused.

"Yeah that could work, after all sleepers should not be able to see them right?"
Lucine asked.

'That is something to worry; Boston they're much more... sneaky 'bout dining. Detroit... well, you know how it is. Rando bodies in abandoned buildings, drained-out hobos and gangers ecectra. Have to much more careful 'bout going out now as lots hit up bars and clubs. But I got an vamp-scanning app now.'

"I mean sometimes the sneaky ones are better since they will be careful not to leave a trail of bodies."
Carlos said.
"But what they do behind closed doors might be worse...hum a vamp scanner you say, interesting where did you get it?"

'Evidence for you, C; the old man arrived to speak to... what I think is a full-blown steelhead [obvious cyborg]. Don't tell me he wouldn't class that under "I'd like to do". Not sure 'bout the drapes, mind. But a robot wouldn't have that. Or shouldn't have that.' a touch of disapproval in her voice.

"Maybe the metal head is shy."
Carlos said as he watched the figure in lace nod and then saw Beynes carefully remove layers of yellow lace to reveal a chrome arm with no cover and start to examine it.
"But yes he certainly looks interested...hum...I wonder what her fuel source is."
The other Etherite said.
"You think it would be rude to ask Nick?"

(OOC: It was the lace. I mean I might be grandma Anja here but if I saw someone decked out in yellow lace I would think female rather than male, though there is nothing wrong if a man wanted to wear yellow lace either.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:11 pm

Anja wrote:"Yes...thought I am not sure he is aware of that himself, if the law call for...that he will perform it no questions asked."
Quesitor Bly said with a shudder.
Colin shrugged, "I've spoken with him; I think a small part of him is quite aware of it... and he did not require much deliberation to stop when presented with evidence a verdict was incorrectly handed down. I think a part of him understands all too deeply - more than most of us - what is lost..."

Anja wrote:"I hope they never find out."
Dale muttered bitterly.
He smiled thinly, "I think perhaps the Euthanatoi would like you... their entire purpose is to end suffering. And by the very nature of their methods, a lot of their work needs to be in the dark, undetected. Not just to... remove individuals from existence, but as nameless, faceless bureaucrats separating abusers from their families, having troubled kids given therapy, that sort of thing."

Anja wrote:At this time there was a knock on the door and the prisoner jumped. Helena poked her head in the door after it was opened then quickly pulled it back when she felt the anti magick effect of the cell.
"Mr Wainwright...someone is looking for you, they hear you where here and asked me to request a meeting in the cafeteria."
She said once she was well out of the cell.
He arched an eyebrow, then nodded and turned to Patrick, "It seems my time here is up, then... And do try to not eat all of the licorice at once, save some for morning. And Patrick... despite what happened, Vera is still very fond of you. Thanks to her trusting an enemy, you still have a chance to do Good in this world, however bleak it looks right now. Hold on to that thought - that ideal."
Stepping outside, he gave a slight shudder of delight as he felt Mia again, "Ah, yes... Quaesitor Bly, if you'd kindly lead me to the cafeteria, then? Seeing as I was sought out here, it must be rather an important matter."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Jun 19, 2023 2:21 pm

[TimeStop Labs]

Anja's Post:

'Well you show me a Mundie dimensional portal. Would need the help of like, a zoologist or something, though...'

Anja's Post:

'Got it... erm, where?' giving a frown. 'Something about being nailed... dunno. Shows other critters too, though. Was thinking of upsizing it, fitting it like to a van and using it to make a kind of "critter census" of Boston.' fiddling with her cell, trying to call up said app and activate it.

Anja's Post:

'You don't know they're a she. Louis XIV had long hair, pantyhose and heels and I have none of them.' she replied, watching the scene, a little saddened that they'd gone for such lazy gender stereotyping. 'And the answer is; multifuel engine and Tass batts. If they're a standard Mark-V, that is.' giving a little shudder, knowing she was looking at the exact same frame that was within her own arm. 'Wait... no meat-covering. Which explains the drapes.'

[Mages are a bunch of weirdos and Nick went by gendered attire she'd keep on ID'ing herself as a guy.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:11 pm

Anja wrote:"Ok just head up to the villa and ask for me if you need anything else Mr Yager."
Elena said and she waved to you and then headed of to help other tourists, her long, flowing white dress billowing around her making her look like some mysterious creature from a old story book.
"Should we head in then kid?"
Amadeus asked looking at the young mage.
"And see what we find?"

"Yeah. Let's see what we can find." Serge said eagerly before walking into the museum of Divination and Seership.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jun 19, 2023 6:31 pm

Colin shrugged, "I've spoken with him; I think a small part of him is quite aware of it... and he did not require much deliberation to stop when presented with evidence a verdict was incorrectly handed down. I think a part of him understands all too deeply - more than most of us - what is lost..."

"Perhaps so or he simply follow the law to the letter no matter what."
Quesitor Bly said.
"And he do not really care one way or another as long as the law is kept to the letter."

He smiled thinly, "I think perhaps the Euthanatoi would like you... their entire purpose is to end suffering. And by the very nature of their methods, a lot of their work needs to be in the dark, undetected. Not just to... remove individuals from existence, but as nameless, faceless bureaucrats separating abusers from their families, having troubled kids given therapy, that sort of thing."

"That sounds...I mean...that sound like a worthy existence."
Dale said and nodded.
"Not that much about me is worthy I only tried to...make it stop."
He whispered and his eyes filled with tears again.

He arched an eyebrow, then nodded and turned to Patrick, "It seems my time here is up, then... And do try to not eat all of the licorice at once, save some for morning. And Patrick... despite what happened, Vera is still very fond of you. Thanks to her trusting an enemy, you still have a chance to do Good in this world, however bleak it looks right now. Hold on to that thought - that ideal."

"I will try...not to eat it all at once."
Was all Dale said he clearly did not believe he would survive his trial and punishment but he looked up at you and nodded.
"I...thank you for visiting Mr Wainwright I appreciate not being hated."
He muttered softly.
"If only for a little while."

Stepping outside, he gave a slight shudder of delight as he felt Mia again, "Ah, yes... Quaesitor Bly, if you'd kindly lead me to the cafeteria, then? Seeing as I was sought out here, it must be rather an important matter."

"Certainly this way then Mr Wainwright."
The Quesitor said as she begun to lead you and Helena out of the detention area.
"How was the prisoner doing?"

[TimeStop Labs]

Well you show me a Mundie dimensional portal. Would need the help of like, a zoologist or something, though...'

"If we put them out into the Umbra yes but I was more thinking you meant placing them in physical reality."
Lucine replied.

'Got it... erm, where?' giving a frown. 'Something about being nailed... dunno. Shows other critters too, though. Was thinking of upsizing it, fitting it like to a van and using it to make a kind of "critter census" of Boston.' fiddling with her cell, trying to call up said app and activate it.

"That is not a bad idea."
Carlos said.
"Finding out what is where...speaking of which where can I get such a detector for myself?"

You don't know they're a she. Louis XIV had long hair, pantyhose and heels and I have none of them.' she replied, watching the scene, a little saddened that they'd gone for such lazy gender stereotyping. 'And the answer is; multifuel engine and Tass batts. If they're a standard Mark-V, that is.' giving a little shudder, knowing she was looking at the exact same frame that was within her own arm. 'Wait... no meat-covering. Which explains the drapes.'

"It is an educated guess. I am not saying it is anything wrong with a man wearing women's clothing and vice versa, however if I am at a festival and someone ask me where can I buy food I will reply that guy over there had a hot dog earlier if the person in question is big burly wear typical male clothing and have a beard. If this person later tell me they are female I will accept that and treat them as female but making an educated guess that the person all decked out in lace is female is far more likely to be right than wrong."
Carlos replied simply.
"Hum..you think the base is a HIT Mark?"
He asked then he nodded.
"Yeah seam to be just bare Primium and wire...that would explain the clothes indeed. Hum..."

(OOC: Like I said seeing someone all decked out in lace would make me think the person is female, and it would be a pretty high probability I would be right even if some men also wear such attire.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jun 19, 2023 6:34 pm

Yeah. Let's see what we can find." Serge said eagerly before walking into the museum of Divination and Seership.

You got into a large stone chamber with a desk to one side. On the walls where paintings of famous seers, to one side was a door to what looked like a gift shot and another door led further into the museum. Behind the desk sat a young man and some books and booklets was sold on a stand next to the desk.
"Welcome, you can buy your tickets here."
The man said in a friendly tone of voice.
"Is this your first visit to this museum gentlemen?"
The man had a Cult of Extasy ring on his right ringfinger.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:07 pm

[TimeStop Labs]

Anja's Post:

'Now, that's an idea...' she replied, imagining the tentacle-unicorns duking it out with the raccoons on who got to enjoy the delights of a dumpster...

Anja's Post:

'At this moment, you can't as it's still in beta. Plus, I don't remember where I got it...' tone a little confused. 'The real shocking thing is that this ain't been done before. Just imagine if we fought WW2 without knowing where the fuck Germany was or how many soldiers they had.' looking at her cell, seeing what the app showed at this location.

Anja's Post:

'Bah. You're making a long jump on the sight over an overgrown doily.' she replied, a little sourly.

Anja's Post:

'Didn't you see - forearm exactly like mine. Well, it could simply be one which copied the design like Baynes did... wait. Remember hearing 'bout an escaped naked HIT in... where? Cincinnati? Columbus? Well, somewhere near there.' the rustle of plastic film as she pulled out a meal bar from her pocket and opened it. 'I sniff a deal in the offing, me; Baynes gets a full scan and in return they get the AMFs [3D printer files] to printout parts and spares.' now munching through the bar. 'Or p'haps they want some modding done.'

[What, no surprise about the comment regarding the Sun-King? Thought that was perhaps the oddest comment Nick's made to date...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:41 am

[TimeStop Labs]

'Now, that's an idea...' she replied, imagining the tentacle-unicorns duking it out with the raccoons on who got to enjoy the delights of a dumpster...

"I mean who don't love some unicorns, I am sure it will be fine."
Lucine said with a chuckle.
"And the Union would be delighted."

At this moment, you can't as it's still in beta. Plus, I don't remember where I got it...' tone a little confused. 'The real shocking thing is that this ain't been done before. Just imagine if we fought WW2 without knowing where the fuck Germany was or how many soldiers they had.' looking at her cell, seeing what the app showed at this location.

"Well I do agree that getting such a consensus of the number of other Awakened are useful but I am not sure if the analogy fit since generally these critters are not our enemies and we are not in a war with them."
Carlos said.
"Even so the data would be useful."

Bah. You're making a long jump on the sight over an overgrown doily.' she replied, a little sourly.

"A doily with more lace than a 80's wedding gown."
Carlos pointed out.
"That thing is all lace, layers and layers of lace. If someone is wearing what look like a Victorian little old lady's nightgown sorry but I am going to assume they are female until told otherwise."

Didn't you see - forearm exactly like mine. Well, it could simply be one which copied the design like Baynes did... wait. Remember hearing 'bout an escaped naked HIT in... where? Cincinnati? Columbus? Well, somewhere near there.' the rustle of plastic film as she pulled out a meal bar from her pocket and opened it. 'I sniff a deal in the offing, me; Baynes gets a full scan and in return they get the AMFs [3D printer files] to printout parts and spares.' now munching through the bar. 'Or p'haps they want some modding done.'

"Hum...that is a good guess."
Lucine said.
"Well let us go and say hello."
The neurologist said and she headed towards Baynes and the creature in yellow lace.
"By the way Nick I hear you have gotten some contacts who are Ananasi, any chance you can get me a sample of their heart tissue...preferably form all their forms?"
She asked as she headed towards the older Scientists. The being decked out in lace quickly replacing her gloves and pulling down the layers of yellow fabric to hide her arm.

(OOC: It seamed to be a pretty normal argument to make in the discussion taking place at the moment.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:28 am

Anja wrote:"Perhaps so or he simply follow the law to the letter no matter what."
Quesitor Bly said.
"And he do not really care one way or another as long as the law is kept to the letter."
Colin nodded thoughtfully, "Perhaps the one thing he cares about is that the law is kept to the letter... though I don't necessarily think he is opposed to doing the morally right thing, it just comes as a secondary concern."

Anja wrote:"That sounds...I mean...that sound like a worthy existence."
Dale said and nodded.
"Not that much about me is worthy I only tried to...make it stop."
He whispered and his eyes filled with tears again.
He nodded, "Ending pain is ending pain. What you do to achieve that, well... I think it should be seen as extenuating or mitigating circumstances, at least."

Anja wrote:"I will try...not to eat it all at once."
Was all Dale said he clearly did not believe he would survive his trial and punishment but he looked up at you and nodded.
"I...thank you for visiting Mr Wainwright I appreciate not being hated."
He muttered softly.
"If only for a little while."
He smiled warmly, "I don't think Vera ever hated you, even after all that happened. And neither do I. You are a good kid, Patrick, and I hope the Primi can see that tomorrow, too."

Anja wrote:"Certainly this way then Mr Wainwright."
The Quesitor said as she begun to lead you and Helena out of the detention area.
"How was the prisoner doing?"
He sighed softly, "He has had... better days, obviously. But I think his heart and mind are still in the right place, given a chance, he could grow up to be quite a respectable member of the Traditions."
Getting his gun back from Helena, he added, "So, who is the mystery guest who came to see me? It must be on the urgent side to track me down here, so... hm, I suppose it could be the Seat of Life or Time who sent for me. Possibly Admiral Hastings."

((OOC: I mean, for someone who doesn't know Nicole at all, the Sun King reference might not seem particularly out of place. Most Steelhaven residents might raise an eyebrow at it, though... Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:39 am

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "Perhaps the one thing he cares about is that the law is kept to the letter... though I don't necessarily think he is opposed to doing the morally right thing, it just comes as a secondary concern."

"A very secondary concern perhaps."
Quesitor Bly said and she did not sound convinced.

He nodded, "Ending pain is ending pain. What you do to achieve that, well... I think it should be seen as extenuating or mitigating circumstances, at least."

"Yeah well, let us hope the court see it the same way Mr Wainwright."
The young Nephandus said with a sigh.

He smiled warmly, "I don't think Vera ever hated you, even after all that happened. And neither do I. You are a good kid, Patrick, and I hope the Primi can see that tomorrow, too."

"I...hope Vera and the rest of my Amalgam will be well, and no I suspect she never hated me, though perhaps she should have with what I have become."
Dale whispered looking down.
"Did she look well when you spoke with her Mr Wainwright?"

He sighed softly, "He has had... better days, obviously. But I think his heart and mind are still in the right place, given a chance, he could grow up to be quite a respectable member of the Traditions."

"It is a shame he will never be given the chance then."
Quesitor Bly muttered sadly.

Getting his gun back from Helena, he added, "So, who is the mystery guest who came to see me? It must be on the urgent side to track me down here, so... hm, I suppose it could be the Seat of Life or Time who sent for me. Possibly Admiral Hastings."

Helena raised an eyebrow at your guess.
"It is Admiral Hastings...but how did you know Mr Wainwright?"
The Flambeau asked as you left the dungeons and got up to the first floor and took a turn and started smelling cafeteria food.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:13 am

Anja wrote:"I...hope Vera and the rest of my Amalgam will be well, and no I suspect she never hated me, though perhaps she should have with what I have become."
Dale whispered looking down.
"Did she look well when you spoke with her Mr Wainwright?"
Colin shook his head, "What you have become... no, she's perhaps more disappointed than anything else, but you were never actively committing atrocities, you didn't become a monster outright... and she looked well enough last I saw her, but we did erase part of her memory, for our own safety, so she was a little bewildered, I imagine, when she was returned to the Union's hands. She was in something of a rough state when we first ran into her, though, so... we got her on the mend, at least."

Anja wrote:"It is a shame he will never be given the chance then."
Quesitor Bly muttered sadly.
He just shrugged, "Stranger things have happened... Nothing is decided yet, he will have his chance to prove himself tomorrow."

Anja wrote:Helena raised an eyebrow at your guess.
"It is Admiral Hastings...but how did you know Mr Wainwright?"
The Flambeau asked as you left the dungeons and got up to the first floor and took a turn and started smelling cafeteria food.
He arched an eyebrow, "It's a short list of people I have approximate appointments with here... hum... In person, and not one of her staff? Dear me... am I going to have a hard time retrieving some of my belongings from your Pater's house right quick? If the wards are going to be troublesome, getting the manila folder right quick might be a bit of a problem..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:33 am

[TimeStop Labs]

Anja's Post:

'The unicorns won't be; as I think the Union would use them as target practice.'

Anja's Post:

'Yeah. Was thinking it might be able to be rigged up as a proximity alarm too.'

Anja's Post:

'Hmm...' giving a thoughtful look to the tower of lace, munching her bar 'Like when female bodybuilders go full-in with the fru-fru. Well, you've seen Helga going about the city [Detroit]; she'd ace any 'roid competition.' referring to the occassionally seen resident HIT-V, as bulky and muscular as her male "siblings" and only marginally more feminine.

Anja's Post:

Nicole gave an indistinct noise to this, cramming the remains of the bar into her mouth and swallowing it, while moving the with the other two. 'Heart tissue? How the hell would you get that from a living creature? Without killing 'em?' giving a frown at the question. 'And how did you hear 'bout that?'

[This is her old cabal; they'd have even firmer grasp on Nick's gaping gaps in academic topics.]

Last edited by Nicole Bouchard on Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:36 am

Colin shook his head, "What you have become... no, she's perhaps more disappointed than anything else, but you were never actively committing atrocities, you didn't become a monster outright... and she looked well enough last I saw her, but we did erase part of her memory, for our own safety, so she was a little bewildered, I imagine, when she was returned to the Union's hands. She was in something of a rough state when we first ran into her, though, so... we got her on the mend, at least."

"I did not want to disappoint my Amalgam I just..."
The prisoner went silent then he sigh.
"I am glad you helped her out Mr Wainwright and that she is well, changing her memories are understandable and if it was just something minor like making her forget your faces and where your Chantry is then I am sure that is acceptable and far better than the alternative."

He just shrugged, "Stranger things have happened... Nothing is decided yet, he will have his chance to prove himself tomorrow."

"You are quite a optimistic person are you not Mr Wainwright?"
Was all Quesitor Bly had to say.

He arched an eyebrow, "It's a short list of people I have approximate appointments with here... hum... In person, and not one of her staff? Dear me... am I going to have a hard time retrieving some of my belongings from your Pater's house right quick? If the wards are going to be troublesome, getting the manila folder right quick might be a bit of a problem..."

"In person, the Admiral and one of her aides, possibly her body guard."
Helena said.
"The Wards might lock you out but I have full access, do you want me to get your folder for you Mr Wainwright?"
Helena said as the two of you walked into a spacious cafeteria, several round table with high backed chairs sat around the large chamber with a counter with offers and menus on blackboards in one corner. The smell of food came from a door into a kitchen behind the counter. The whole place gave the feeling of a high end cafeteria or lunch restaurant with chandeliers in the roof and nice carpets on the floor and paintings of famous mages hanging on the walls. Bright sunlight came in through huge windows framed by red, velvet curtains. Everything was a bit worn, there was a sense of fading splendor but everything was nice and clean as well.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:49 am

[TimeStop Labs]

The unicorns won't be; as I think the Union would use them as target practice.'

"You are probably right, the bastards that they are."
Lucine said with a sigh.
"Fuck the Union."

Yeah. Was thinking it might be able to be rigged up as a proximity alarm too.'

"No that would be useful."
Carlos agreed with a nod.

Hmm...' giving a thoughtful look to the tower of lace, munching her bar 'Like when female bodybuilders go full-in with the fru-fru. Well, you've seen Helga going about the city [Detroit]; she'd ace any 'roid competition.' referring to the occassionally seen resident HIT-V, as bulky and muscular as her male "siblings" and only marginally more feminine.

"Like I said there are men who dress in lace, however when moving through life we tend to make educated guesses to make maneuvering easier and seeing someone decked out in lace today chances are they are female. If this is one of the rare males who like to wear their grandmother's curtains as a dress then no judgement from me, however I feel that seeing that attire I can make an educated guess that this being identify as female."
Carlos replied simply.

Nicole gave an indistinct noise to this, cramming the remains of the bar into her mouth and swallowing it, while moving the with the other two. 'Heart tissue? How the hell would you get that from a living creature? Without killing 'em?' giving a frown at the question. 'And how did you hear 'bout that?'

"I heard about it from James the Virtual Adept who ehard about it from Rosy, you know that Orphan contact of his who have a friend who is a Ananasi named Blue who heard it from his mother."
The neurologist replied.
"You ask nicely and these thigns can heal."
She said and then stopped as you ahd reached Beynes and the mass of lace. Beynes light up when he saw Nicole.
"Nicole...ah good to see you...good to see you...ah where...ah yes let me introduce Deaconess Darness."
He said and indicated the lace tower who bowed and extended a covered hand.
"I am female but I would likely have dressed like this anyway, it is an efficient way to hide the Primium and still see."
She sand in an electronic, raspy but female voice.
"Also I have excellent audio receptors."
She added and Charlos blushed beet red, which was a feat with his dark complexion and looked down.
"Ehm...sorry about that I ehm...Carlos Marlo Bani Sons of Ether pleasure to make your aquentence Deaconess."
He said shaking her hand gingerly.
"Lucine Von Reelvorth Bani Sons of Ether."
The Neurologist said nervously. The Cyborg then turned her lace covered hand towards Nicole.
"Daisy Darnell Bani Virtual Adepts Deaconess Primus of Chantry Flamingo."
She said politely.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 31 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next