Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daggers in the Dark, Two Suns and New Friends IC Thread 58

+2
Meridia Porter
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 29 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

Daggers in the Dark, Two Suns and New Friends IC Thread 58 - Page 29 Empty Re: Daggers in the Dark, Two Suns and New Friends IC Thread 58

Post by Warpmind Tue Jun 20, 2023 12:41 pm

[After lunch, back at the prison]
Anja wrote:"I did not want to disappoint my Amalgam I just..."
The prisoner went silent then he sigh.
"I am glad you helped her out Mr Wainwright and that she is well, changing her memories are understandable and if it was just something minor like making her forget your faces and where your Chantry is then I am sure that is acceptable and far better than the alternative."
Colin nodded, "We only masked ourselves, as it were - we did not tamper with anything else. Wouldn't have been right..."

Anja wrote:"You are quite a optimistic person are you not Mr Wainwright?"
Was all Quesitor Bly had to say.
He smiled slyly, "Optimistic... Perhaps a little. And perhaps I have had a glimpse of things to come. I am fairly certain young Mr. Dale will have a chance to prove himself tomorrow. Whether or not he will, well... I can only hope things turn out for the better."

Anja wrote:"In person, the Admiral and one of her aides, possibly her body guard."
Helena said.
"The Wards might lock you out but I have full access, do you want me to get your folder for you Mr Wainwright?"
Helena said as the two of you walked into a spacious cafeteria, several round table with high backed chairs sat around the large chamber with a counter with offers and menus on blackboards in one corner. The smell of food came from a door into a kitchen behind the counter. The whole place gave the feeling of a high end cafeteria or lunch restaurant with chandeliers in the roof and nice carpets on the floor and paintings of famous mages hanging on the walls. Bright sunlight came in through huge windows framed by red, velvet curtains. Everything was a bit worn, there was a sense of fading splendor but everything was nice and clean as well.
He nodded, "Please - it's in my small briefcase, a brown manila folder with a small stack of rather technical drawings and some handwritten notes."
Looking around the cafeteria, he quickly homed in on Admiral Hastings and marched up to her, snapping to a crisp salute, "Admiral Hastings? Colin Wainwright, Chantry Steelhaven Hall. You asked for me?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Daggers in the Dark, Two Suns and New Friends IC Thread 58 - Page 29 Empty Re: Daggers in the Dark, Two Suns and New Friends IC Thread 58

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:49 pm

[After lunch, Serge's Trip]

Anja wrote:You got into a large stone chamber with a desk to one side. On the walls where paintings of famous seers, to one side was a door to what looked like a gift shot and another door led further into the museum. Behind the desk sat a young man and some books and booklets was sold on a stand next to the desk.
"Welcome, you can buy your tickets here."
The man said in a friendly tone of voice.
"Is this your first visit to this museum gentlemen?"
The man had a Cult of Extasy ring on his right ringfinger.

"Yeah it's our first time." Serge said as he approached the desk. "So it seems capitalism has infected this magickal area too. Well I've already walked all this way. How much do tickets cost?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:00 pm

[TimeStop Labs]

Anja's Post:

Nicole was silent to this, then gave a silent sigh. She had zero proof, but saw the acres as lace as a kind of sad, final sparks of femininity - like when said heavy bodybuilders have their bright makeup and fake breasts making a final defiant stand amongst their heavy jaws and deep voices. Then she remembered HIT "conversions" were rarely voluntary. Then again, the Nick that looked back in the mirror was not really her choice either, was it?

Anja's Post:

'Ah. I might hate asking this, but why them samples?'

Anja's Post:

A nod in greetings to Baynes on moving into his orbit, a tiny flicker of a smirk when the HIT mentioned their acute hearing - something Nick had suspected. Plus, she'd not said anything which she wouldn't have said to their face. Or lace-covered region, at least. On the proffered hand, she took it. 'Nicole Bouchard, Sons of Ether. Wait... Flamingo. That's Chicago, right?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 21, 2023 11:48 am

Colin nodded, "We only masked ourselves, as it were - we did not tamper with anything else. Wouldn't have been right..."

"That is good."
The young prisoner said with a nod.

He smiled slyly, "Optimistic... Perhaps a little. And perhaps I have had a glimpse of things to come. I am fairly certain young Mr. Dale will have a chance to prove himself tomorrow. Whether or not he will, well... I can only hope things turn out for the better."

The Quesitor gave you a bit of a odd look but said politely.
"If you say so Mr Wainwright."

He nodded, "Please - it's in my small briefcase, a brown manila folder with a small stack of rather technical drawings and some handwritten notes."

"Certainly Mr Wainwright."
Helena took a water bottle from her purse, poured a bit of it into the air over her right hand with her fingers in the modern gesture for Ignem, the water froze to a disc under her hand and she just reached through the ice mirror and retrieved your folder, handing it to you then waved her hand to disperse the ice as water mist through the room.
"This one right?"

Looking around the cafeteria, he quickly homed in on Admiral Hastings and marched up to her, snapping to a crisp salute, "Admiral Hastings? Colin Wainwright, Chantry Steelhaven Hall. You asked for me?"

You found a small woman but with a considerable presence, wild, dark brown hair was tied back into a pony tail and intelligent brown eyes regarded you. Alexis Haistings was pale skinned and wearing a Ethernaut officer's uniform, she was sipping tea when you came over to her but she put her tea down and gave a slight smile.
"Colin it is good to...ah sorry Mr Wainwright...how rude of me I have not yet met you in this timeline. You are correct I am Alexis Hastings bani Children of Ether and I am referred to as Admiral though more exact would be Commander of the Etherfleet."
She said raising to offer you a thin hand scarred by lad accidents of various kinds. Beside the Admiral sat a tall, bulky man with blond hair looking at you and sipping tea from a cup which looked tiny in his small hand, this second person did not speak.
"Ah this is Victor Mardle my aide."
Alexis said and Victor grunted and nodded but still said nothing.

"Yeah it's our first time." Serge said as he approached the desk. "So it seems capitalism has infected this magickal area too. Well I've already walked all this way. How much do tickets cost?"

The clerk gave you a look which said oh no here is another one of those.
"So you are new to Horizon then kid and thought this was some wonderland where people just handed you whatever you please?"
He said sourly.
"Trade have always been a part of Horizon kid, so it have human society as soon as we grew beyond one family tribes. Actually asking for compensation for services rendered is not a infection, or do you think I sit here all day helping visitors to the museum because there is nothing better for me to do, do you think I would do so if I did not get paid and how exactly do you think this place gets maintained, do you think stone masons, cleaning personnel, carpenters and others work for free, ticket prices help us maintain this place, no ticket prices no museum."
He declared irritably.
"Since you are clearly new here and think Horizon run of fairy dust let me put the prices in dollars for you though you can pay in nerids, ten dollars for a day pass."

[TimeStop Labs]

'Ah. I might hate asking this, but why them samples?'

"Spider hearts are made of neural tissue not muscle tissue, I want to see if this is true for all an Ananasi's forms. I also think that if it is then it can be used for growing interfaces between more advanced cybernetics and a host without the need to central processors placed in the brain, since you know brain surgery can be dangerous."
The neurologist replied.

A nod in greetings to Baynes on moving into his orbit, a tiny flicker of a smirk when the HIT mentioned their acute hearing - something Nick had suspected. Plus, she'd not said anything which she wouldn't have said to their face. Or lace-covered region, at least. On the proffered hand, she took it. 'Nicole Bouchard, Sons of Ether. Wait... Flamingo. That's Chicago, right?'

You felt the hard metal of Daisy's hand under her lace gloves. Carlos still looked a bit embarashed.
"Yes my Chantry is indeed located in Chicago Scientist Bouchard."
She said politely.
"Have your heard of it perhaps? Do not be alarmed we do take in those who are outcast from the rest of the Traditions but we try to be peaceful members of the fringes as it where."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jun 21, 2023 12:07 pm

Anja wrote:"Certainly Mr Wainwright."
Helena took a water bottle from her purse, poured a bit of it into the air over her right hand with her fingers in the modern gesture for Ignem, the water froze to a disc under her hand and she just reached through the ice mirror and retrieved your folder, handing it to you then waved her hand to disperse the ice as water mist through the room.
"This one right?"
Colin gave the manila envelope a quick glance, and flipped swiftly through the contents to make sure everything was there, "Yes, splendid, thank you. The Blade, and the other sketches are all here, perfect."

Anja wrote:You found a small woman but with a considerable presence, wild, dark brown hair was tied back into a pony tail and intelligent brown eyes regarded you. Alexis Haistings was pale skinned and wearing a Ethernaut officer's uniform, she was sipping tea when you came over to her but she put her tea down and gave a slight smile.
"Colin it is good to...ah sorry Mr Wainwright...how rude of me I have not yet met you in this timeline. You are correct I am Alexis Hastings bani Children of Ether and I am referred to as Admiral though more exact would be Commander of the Etherfleet."
She said raising to offer you a thin hand scarred by lad accidents of various kinds. Beside the Admiral sat a tall, bulky man with blond hair looking at you and sipping tea from a cup which looked tiny in his small hand, this second person did not speak.
"Ah this is Victor Mardle my aide."
Alexis said and Victor grunted and nodded but still said nothing.
He grinned, shaking her hand firmly, "Ah, we have indeed not previously met yet... though you did give me some quite welcomed reassurances first time I heard your voice, some twenty years from now... You were on the bridge of St. Victoria's Blade at the time, though, and I was in a small, captured fighter craft. Well, that's just a possible future, though I did take the liberty of bringing some quick sketches of things I saw at the time. I do think the title of Admiral fits you better, though."
He nodded to Victor, "Mr. Mardle."

((OOC: The Admiral's hand is scarred by "lad accidents"? Oh, myyyyyyyy. Very Happy Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jun 21, 2023 12:40 pm

[TimeStop Labs]

Anja's Post:

'I will ask, but am fairly sure the answer will be no. Boston is just recovering from Fallen stealing genetic material from 'shifters and their human relatives.' Nicole replied, seeing in her mind's eye that lab again - if someone had been watching her face, they'd see a flicker of horror cross it. 'But... the spider I know appears very... pragmatic. If you have good bait, she might bite.'

Anja's Post:

'Why would I be alarmed?' she replied, a little puzzled. 'Anyways... heard of it from a certain Mr Wainwright.'

[Happy summer solstice, Great One?]

[At least she didn't invite him to see her scrotum?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Jun 21, 2023 4:54 pm

Anja wrote:The clerk gave you a look which said oh no here is another one of those.
"So you are new to Horizon then kid and thought this was some wonderland where people just handed you whatever you please?"
He said sourly.
"Trade have always been a part of Horizon kid, so it have human society as soon as we grew beyond one family tribes. Actually asking for compensation for services rendered is not a infection, or do you think I sit here all day helping visitors to the museum because there is nothing better for me to do, do you think I would do so if I did not get paid and how exactly do you think this place gets maintained, do you think stone masons, cleaning personnel, carpenters and others work for free, ticket prices help us maintain this place, no ticket prices no museum."
He declared irritably.
"Since you are clearly new here and think Horizon run of fairy dust let me put the prices in dollars for you though you can pay in nerids, ten dollars for a day pass."

Serge gave the clerk a bit of an odd look, a little surprised by the sudden shift from customer-service friendliness to curtomer-repellent irritability that would almost certainly get the man a scolding from his superiors. He wondered if the  clerk was simply having a bad day.

"I see....well that wasn't meant to be a serious statement. But forgive this ignorant tourist. Here." Serge said deciding not to focus on the man's negativity. He handed the man 10 dollars for a day pass, though he didn't expect to be at the museum for that long.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:48 am

Colin gave the manila envelope a quick glance, and flipped swiftly through the contents to make sure everything was there, "Yes, splendid, thank you. The Blade, and the other sketches are all here, perfect."

Helena nodded at that.
"Glad I could help."

He grinned, shaking her hand firmly, "Ah, we have indeed not previously met yet... though you did give me some quite welcomed reassurances first time I heard your voice, some twenty years from now... You were on the bridge of St. Victoria's Blade at the time, though, and I was in a small, captured fighter craft. Well, that's just a possible future, though I did take the liberty of bringing some quick sketches of things I saw at the time. I do think the title of Admiral fits you better, though."

Alexis took the folder and nodded.
"I will go thorugh these papers and yes...twenty years from now...I...should not say to much."
She said but she gave you a warm smile.
"How are Freddy doing and the girls...they are not born yet are they...or your son?"
She gave another smile.
"I guess that is why it is the title used...however right now we have bigger concerns, do you have a bit of time Mr Wainwright? I would rather not discuss this here."
She asked draining her tea up and standing up, Victor did the same.

He nodded to Victor, "Mr. Mardle."

Victor just grunted and gave another nod.

[TimeStop Labs]

'I will ask, but am fairly sure the answer will be no. Boston is just recovering from Fallen stealing genetic material from 'shifters and their human relatives.' Nicole replied, seeing in her mind's eye that lab again - if someone had been watching her face, they'd see a flicker of horror cross it. 'But... the spider I know appears very... pragmatic. If you have good bait, she might bite.'

"I see well that is a issue then. But I do have something that might interest her, or rather I can get it trading with another Etherite, a fluid which can dissolve Umbral prisons and any Emphemera other than well souls, it could dissolve even amber woven to hold a powerful Incarna...tell her that and see if she bites."
The Etherite said.
"I can not offer enough of it to dissolve all the amber but I can get enough to start the process."

Why would I be alarmed?' she replied, a little puzzled. 'Anyways... heard of it from a certain Mr Wainwright.'

"We have taken in many who mage society in general don't want...but I am happy that do not alarm you...ah Mr Wainwright how is he dooing these days?"
Daisy replied happily.

Serge gave the clerk a bit of an odd look, a little surprised by the sudden shift from customer-service friendliness to curtomer-repellent irritability that would almost certainly get the man a scolding from his superiors. He wondered if the clerk was simply having a bad day.

"I see....well that wasn't meant to be a serious statement. But forgive this ignorant tourist. Here." Serge said deciding not to focus on the man's negativity. He handed the man 10 dollars for a day pass, though he didn't expect to be at the museum for that long.

"Ah sorry kid, it is just that we get so many You cant's own property man...hippies in the Cult, most of them have rich parents or Mentors who shield them from having to face reality that we do not live in a perfect world where pepole just do things for free so if you want food on your table and your roof repaired you need money or other resources to pay it, that attitude gets straining after a while."
The clerk said as he handed you your day pass which was a tiny Tarot Card with the Cult's lily symbol on the back. Amadeus also bought a ticket and he got another card for his ticket.

(OOC: Thank you I hope you all had a nice Midsummer.)
(OOC 2: I mean that would be better than the lad blowing up.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:37 am

Anja wrote:Alexis took the folder and nodded.
"I will go thorugh these papers and yes...twenty years from now...I...should not say to much."
She said but she gave you a warm smile.
Colin nodded, "I trust you've read the, ah, prophecy? I believe a copy of it should have been sent to your office... a crucial element of it is likely about to change, though. Hopefully, not without a too detrimental shift in events. The sketches of the Blade and the Shara, though, might be handy references, or make for some nice decorations."

Anja wrote:"How are Freddy doing and the girls...they are not born yet are they...or your son?"
She gave another smile.
He grinned, "Well, now, Freddy and I have only been dating for two months, so there's been little time for children yet... but Anna is a surprisingly normal teenager, doing quite well."
He turned more serious, "Freddy is recuperating after... taking care of the cyber-plague. She is on the mend, but... it will take some time, all the same."

Anja wrote:"I guess that is why it is the title used...however right now we have bigger concerns, do you have a bit of time Mr Wainwright? I would rather not discuss this here."
She asked draining her tea up and standing up, Victor did the same.
He nodded, "He nodded, "Of course, Admiral, I am at your convenience. I have done what I needed to here, and have no further appointments until tomorrow, unless a Seat calls on me directly. Speaking of which, how is Dr. Spence doing?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jun 22, 2023 11:02 am

Colin nodded, "I trust you've read the, ah, prophecy? I believe a copy of it should have been sent to your office... a crucial element of it is likely about to change, though. Hopefully, not without a too detrimental shift in events. The sketches of the Blade and the Shara, though, might be handy references, or make for some nice decorations."

"I have read it and it might have been the catalyst which...well like I said I am not allowed to say to much, but I do owe you one Mr Wainwright and yes the plans might be most useful to have. The Heart of Horizon are currently in construction and smaller base ships to give the Zeppelins a further range, that is a good idea, their biggest weakness is how close to the home realm they have to stay."
Alexis said and she gave you a big of a odd look and scratched her hand.

He grinned, "Well, now, Freddy and I have only been dating for two months, so there's been little time for children yet... but Anna is a surprisingly normal teenager, doing quite well."
He turned more serious, "Freddy is recuperating after... taking care of the cyber-plague. She is on the mend, but... it will take some time, all the same."

"That is good to hear...ah you must think me a rambling madwoman, I just came back yesterday, through for most my accident and my return happened in the span of five minutes."
The Admiral said apologetically.
"Do give Freddy and Anna my best...will you my good man."

He nodded, "He nodded, "Of course, Admiral, I am at your convenience. I have done what I needed to here, and have no further appointments until tomorrow, unless a Seat calls on me directly. Speaking of which, how is Dr. Spence doing?"

"Then if you would please come with me."
Alexis said and she stood and headed towards the Sons of Ether wing.
"My quarters have a small, private Umbra dock we can use that."
She said then she sigh.
"Not well I am afraid, the politics and constant pressure on Horizon is wearing on him and I fear for his health. Dr Spence is a brilliant Scientist but he is not enjoying his role as a politician, I do what I can to aid him though."

(OOC: Well that almost became I have a private Umbra dork in my chambers so yeah...I caught that.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jun 22, 2023 11:19 am

Anja wrote:"I have read it and it might have been the catalyst which...well like I said I am not allowed to say to much, but I do owe you one Mr Wainwright and yes the plans might be most useful to have. The Heart of Horizon are currently in construction and smaller base ships to give the Zeppelins a further range, that is a good idea, their biggest weakness is how close to the home realm they have to stay."
Alexis said and she gave you a big of a odd look and scratched her hand.
Colin smiled wryly, "I understand. A certain old man will have Words with me on quite a few occasions over the coming decades, I fear - there's a limit to how much foreknowledge I can loop back without creating a serious paradox... and the equivalent of hangar ships make sound strategic and tactical sense. The Heart and the Blade will make a fine pair in the skies."

Anja wrote:"That is good to hear...ah you must think me a rambling madwoman, I just came back yesterday, through for most my accident and my return happened in the span of five minutes."
The Admiral said apologetically.
"Do give Freddy and Anna my best...will you my good man."
He arched an eyebrow, "Not at all, I quite understand, I'm somewhat, hm, chronologically detached, myself. I take it a small, accidental forward leap landed you in my figurative lap, and I helped you get back to the present? Ah, no details you weren't told to share - I'll figure things out as and when they happen. And I will, once I get back to Boston."

Anja wrote:"Then if you would please come with me."
Alexis said and she stood and headed towards the Sons of Ether wing.
"My quarters have a small, private Umbra dock we can use that."
She said then she sigh.
"Not well I am afraid, the politics and constant pressure on Horizon is wearing on him and I fear for his health. Dr Spence is a brilliant Scientist but he is not enjoying his role as a politician, I do what I can to aid him though."
He nodded, then esitated for a moment, "Ah, I am chaperoned by Helena Mar Hermes bani Flambeau, my security Chief's apprentice... Is this chat going to be overly sensitive, or may she be privy to it, as well? Hum... Umbra dock, would that be for privacy, or will we be headed out somewhere?"
He stroked his chin for a moment, "And Dr. Spence is a good man, but I do not think he will last much longer before resigning his position. He will be much happier focusing on laboratory work, you'll be a magnificent successor, and the renaming of the Etherites will be a good, fresh start."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Jun 22, 2023 11:34 am

[TimeStop Labs]

Anja's Post:

A hestitation. 'Erm... this ain't a message which risks me being all wrapped up in that string stuff like Frodo in Lord of the Rings, does it?'

Anja's Post:

Another hesitation, a sidewards glance around, as though seeing who was within earshot. 'What... or who they want and who they need is like, two completely different things.' she answered, a little sourly. 'And he is okay, s'pose. He's here in Concordia.' tone making rather clear this wasn't a topic the Etherite overly wanted to discuss right now.

[Bah. If Nick was with Serge, they'd have got in for $10 for both of them.]

Last edited by Nicole Bouchard on Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:16 pm

Anja wrote:"Ah sorry kid, it is just that we get so many You cant's own property man...hippies in the Cult, most of them have rich parents or Mentors who shield them from having to face reality that we do not live in a perfect world where pepole just do things for free so if you want food on your table and your roof repaired you need money or other resources to pay it, that attitude gets straining after a while."
The clerk said as he handed you your day pass which was a tiny Tarot Card with the Cult's lily symbol on the back. Amadeus also bought a ticket and he got another card for his ticket.

"It's all right. By the way, be careful with those sudden impromptu economic lessons. I may not know much about this place but the familial influences of those rich hippies can run deep here right? What if I had been the beloved student or grandstudent of a powerful Master of the Arts? That would get you into hot water wouldn't it?" Serge said as he took the passes from the rude clerk.

(OOC: Serge doesn't have the best financial sense or haggling ability lol)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:53 pm

"It's all right. By the way, be careful with those sudden impromptu economic lessons. I may not know much about this place but the familial influences of those rich hippies can run deep here right? What if I had been the beloved student or grandstudent of a powerful Master of the Arts? That would get you into hot water wouldn't it?" Serge said as he took the passes from the rude clerk.

"Yes maybe, but that still do not make what I say any less true kid, and perhaps if enough actually speak up you will learn a thing or two about how the world work before the world rear it's ugly ass and eat you...enjoy the museum."
The clerk said leaning back in his chair, not seaming particularly worried. Amadeus patted you on the shoulder and led the way intot he museum.

[TimeStop Labs]

A hestitation. 'Erm... this ain't a message which risks me being all wrapped up in that string stuff like Frodo in Lord of the Rings, does it?'

"Well we are talking about the first steps to freeing a entity of wast power and dubious morality but nah I am sure you will be fine."
Lucine said with a grin.

Another hesitation, a sidewards glance around, as though seeing who was within earshot. 'What... or who they want and who they need is like, two completely different things.' she answered, a little sourly. 'And he is okay, s'pose. He's here in Concordia.' tone making rather clear this wasn't a topic the Etherite overly wanted to discuss right now.

The mass of lace subtly shifted and you got the feeling she was pleased.
"Ah please give him my best."
Was all she said.
"Well shall we find out seats for the opening speeches?"
The cyborg said before she bowed to Bayness and lumbered down the line of chairs.

Colin smiled wryly, "I understand. A certain old man will have Words with me on quite a few occasions over the coming decades, I fear - there's a limit to how much foreknowledge I can loop back without creating a serious paradox... and the equivalent of hangar ships make sound strategic and tactical sense. The Heart and the Blade will make a fine pair in the skies."

"There is free will, that is a fact, but also there are no time, not really everything happens at once so when the two meet and mixed with our illusion of linear time we get...paradoxes."
Alexis said.
"Yes I believe the efficiency of the fleet can be greatly boosted."

He arched an eyebrow, "Not at all, I quite understand, I'm somewhat, hm, chronologically detached, myself. I take it a small, accidental forward leap landed you in my figurative lap, and I helped you get back to the present? Ah, no details you weren't told to share - I'll figure things out as and when they happen. And I will, once I get back to Boston."

"You are correct and that is all I can say. There was an accident with a time harpoon, a young cadet ended up activating one, I got the young man out of the way but was caught in the bast myself, you did indeed help me return to this time."
The Admiral said.
"And I am most grateful Mr Wainwright"

He nodded, then esitated for a moment, "Ah, I am chaperoned by Helena Mar Hermes bani Flambeau, my security Chief's apprentice... Is this chat going to be overly sensitive, or may she be privy to it, as well? Hum... Umbra dock, would that be for privacy, or will we be headed out somewhere?"
He stroked his chin for a moment, "And Dr. Spence is a good man, but I do not think he will last much longer before resigning his position. He will be much happier focusing on laboratory work, you'll be a magnificent successor, and the renaming of the Etherites will be a good, fresh start."

"Do you trust Miss Mar?"
Alexis asked.
"With sensitive information?"
She asked and then looked at Helena with an apologetic look.
"We are going out into the Umbra Mr Wainwright will this be a problem for you?"
The Admiral sigh.
"I do not want Dr Spence's job but I agree it seam like he will not last that must longer in this job. That is not a proper topic for discussion in public."
She said sternly as she headed out of the caffeteria, Victor lumbering behind.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:57 pm

Anja wrote:"Yes maybe, but that still do not make what I say any less true kid, and perhaps if enough actually speak up you will learn a thing or two about how the world work before the world rear it's ugly ass and eat you...enjoy the museum."
The clerk said leaning back in his chair, not seaming particularly worried. Amadeus patted you on the shoulder and led the way intot he museum.

"Thankfully I'm nobody important." Serge mused as he walked into the museum, still annoyed by the clerk but trying not to let it get him. He instead focused on the museum, curious as to what sorts of artifacts, relics, and stories were held within.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jun 23, 2023 12:48 am

Anja wrote:"There is free will, that is a fact, but also there are no time, not really everything happens at once so when the two meet and mixed with our illusion of linear time we get...paradoxes."
Alexis said.
"Yes I believe the efficiency of the fleet can be greatly boosted."
Colin nodded, "The human mind is rather reliant on seeing causal relationships in a linear manner. But, well, timey-wimey ball..."

Anja wrote:"You are correct and that is all I can say. There was an accident with a time harpoon, a young cadet ended up activating one, I got the young man out of the way but was caught in the bast myself, you did indeed help me return to this time."
The Admiral said.
"And I am most grateful Mr Wainwright"
He grinned, "Well, now, I am curious about this time harpoon technology - I'd be interested in reading about it."

Anja wrote:"Do you trust Miss Mar?"
Alexis asked.
"With sensitive information?"
She asked and then looked at Helena with an apologetic look.
"We are going out into the Umbra Mr Wainwright will this be a problem for you?"
He glanced at Helena and nodded, "There is very little I can think of that would be more dangerous knowledge than what she already possesses... I trust her, as I trust her little brother and her Mentor. And a trip into the Umbra should be fine, though I might wish to let Master Morgan know if we'll expect to be back late tonight. He tends to worry..."

Anja wrote:The Admiral sigh.
"I do not want Dr Spence's job but I agree it seam like he will not last that must longer in this job. That is not a proper topic for discussion in public."
She said sternly as she headed out of the caffeteria, Victor lumbering behind.
He smiled wryly, following behind Victor, "No, I'll speak no more of it. He has my respect, though; it takes some steel to persist for so long in a position one does not want to hold. Doubly so without falling to temptations."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:14 am

Thankfully I'm nobody important." Serge mused as he walked into the museum, still annoyed by the clerk but trying not to let it get him. He instead focused on the museum, curious as to what sorts of artifacts, relics, and stories were held within.

"Yeah work on your intimidation as well as your economics kid both need a bit of work."
The clerk said with a chuckle. Amadeus just patted you on the shoulder again and led the way into a room full of scrying devices, there was crystal balls galore, bowls, mirrors, and even things such as collections of small pebbles or cloth used to scry with. There was notes in frames on the walls explaining each tool. There was a door in the far wall to get to another room and a large, but old chadalair provided lighting in the room.

Colin nodded, "The human mind is rather reliant on seeing causal relationships in a linear manner. But, well, timey-wimey ball..."

"Indeed so Mr Wainwright but after working with time harpoons for a while, I feel I have gotten at least a workable grasp of something beyond a linear viewpoint."
The Admiral said with a chuckle.
"Nasty weapon those."

He grinned, "Well, now, I am curious about this time harpoon technology - I'd be interested in reading about it."

"I can get you a tech manual on them, they are to well known to be much of a secret, they are vicious weapons but they get the job done."
Alexis said in a hard tone of voice.

He glanced at Helena and nodded, "There is very little I can think of that would be more dangerous knowledge than what she already possesses... I trust her, as I trust her little brother and her Mentor. And a trip into the Umbra should be fine, though I might wish to let Master Morgan know if we'll expect to be back late tonight. He tends to worry..."

"Very well then Adeptus Mar may come along...it might even be beneficial...hum no it should not take to long."
The Admiral said as she headed down long, dusty hallways and then into a wing where there was strange machines on display and the smell of chemicals coming from several labs that could be seen though open doors. Helena followed the group but said nothing for now.

He smiled wryly, following behind Victor, "No, I'll speak no more of it. He has my respect, though; it takes some steel to persist for so long in a position one does not want to hold. Doubly so without falling to temptations."

"Julian is a friend and a Mentor, I am not trying to take his job, but I will support him no matter what he decide to do."
Was the last the Admiral had to say about it as she led the way up several stairs and then unlocked the door to a small messy apartment. Strange devices was everywhere, a really old computer stood on a desk together with several modern lap tops and the kitchen section of the living room was full of plates. A table held a tower of books.
"Ehm...come in sorry about the mess, I am afraid my work keep me from more domestic duties."
Alexis said.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:51 am

Anja wrote:"Indeed so Mr Wainwright but after working with time harpoons for a while, I feel I have gotten at least a workable grasp of something beyond a linear viewpoint."
"Nasty weapon those."
Colin arched an eyebrow, "Perhaps you should clearly label them, 'Point Away From Face', or 'This side towards operator at all times', just as a basic safety precaution?"

Anja wrote:"I can get you a tech manual on them, they are to well known to be much of a secret, they are vicious weapons but they get the job done."
Alexis said in a hard tone of voice.
He thought for a moment, "So are we talking about knocking the target into the next decade, or is it more like launching them entirely out of the tracable timeline?"

Anja wrote:"Very well then Adeptus Mar may come along...it might even be beneficial...hum no it should not take to long."
The Admiral said as she headed down long, dusty hallways and then into a wing where there was strange machines on display and the smell of chemicals coming from several labs that could be seen though open doors. Helena followed the group but said nothing for now.
He sniffed at the air, and frowned, "Far be it from me to dictate the laboratory protocols of professional scientists, but shouldn't chemistry laboratories have better containment? I am fairly sure at least two of those things I can smell should never be mixed near living tissue..."

Anja wrote:"Julian is a friend and a Mentor, I am not trying to take his job, but I will support him no matter what he decide to do."
Was the last the Admiral had to say about it as she led the way up several stairs and then unlocked the door to a small messy apartment. Strange devices was everywhere, a really old computer stood on a desk together with several modern lap tops and the kitchen section of the living room was full of plates. A table held a tower of books.
"Ehm...come in sorry about the mess, I am afraid my work keep me from more domestic duties."
Alexis said.
He smiled warmly, "And I would not imply you tried to take what was not freely offered."
Looking around the apartment, he nodded thoughtfully, "Quite understandable, Freddie is not much different in her... domesticity... is that an original Commodore PET? Or just the chassis with upgraded components?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jun 23, 2023 12:09 pm

[TimeStop Labs]

Anja's Post:

'More it being "this is something you should not know about".' thinking about the Ratkin's desire to made a deep cull on humanity.

Anja's Post:

'I will.' she replied politely, giving the Deaconess a polite nod. Once they left, she turned to look to Baynes, ready to lead them to their seats.

[As it's a day pass, Nick would theorise you'd be able to buy another's as they exited the museum and re-use it.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Jun 23, 2023 3:41 pm

Anja wrote:"Yeah work on your intimidation as well as your economics kid both need a bit of work."
The clerk said with a chuckle. Amadeus just patted you on the shoulder again and led the way into a room full of scrying devices, there was crystal balls galore, bowls, mirrors, and even things such as collections of small pebbles or cloth used to scry with. There was notes in frames on the walls explaining each tool. There was a door in the far wall to get to another room and a large, but old chandalair provided lighting in the room.

Once they were in the museum, Serge took his time viewing all of the magickal tools and implements, even staring really hard into the crystal balls and mirrors hoping to maybe see a glimpse of the future.

"So I'm guessing these are just an overview of divination of equipments." he said as he explored the room.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:57 pm

Once they were in the museum, Serge took his time viewing all of the magickal tools and implements, even staring really hard into the crystal balls and mirrors hoping to maybe see a glimpse of the future.

"So I'm guessing these are just an overview of divination of equipments." he said as he explored the room.

"Yes this do indeed seam to be a room showing examples of various tools for scrying...let us see what the next room holds."
Amadeus said and he headed to a low door made of heavy wood and headed out into the next chamber.

[TimeStop Labs]

'More it being "this is something you should not know about".' thinking about the Ratkin's desire to made a deep cull on humanity.

"I don't think the Ananasi will mind as long as I do not try to do anything to harm their totem spirit."
Lucine said.
"They tend to be a practical lot from what I have been able to learn about them"

'I will.' she replied politely, giving the Deaconess a polite nod. Once they left, she turned to look to Baynes, ready to lead them to their seats.

Baynes nodded and showed you to a seat before taking one himself.
"It is about to start."
He said unnecessarily.
"Then onward to our own presentation...oh yes."

Colin arched an eyebrow, "Perhaps you should clearly label them, 'Point Away From Face', or 'This side towards operator at all times', just as a basic safety precaution?"

"Well we do try to point the right end towards the enemy."
"It just sometimes do not end up that way regardless of intentions."

He thought for a moment, "So are we talking about knocking the target into the next decade, or is it more like launching them entirely out of the tracable timeline?"

"Preferably if all go well the target are shot through time to the distant past where they can do not harm, but things do not always go well and shorter jumps or even jumps into the future do happen."
Alexis explained.

He sniffed at the air, and frowned, "Far be it from me to dictate the laboratory protocols of professional scientists, but shouldn't chemistry laboratories have better containment? I am fairly sure at least two of those things I can smell should never be mixed near living tissue..."

"Ah no one is on fire so I am sure we are fine."
The Etherite said with a shrug. At this point flames stood out of the door of one of the labs followed by shouts of alarm and then the sound of a fire repressed can being fired.
"Ehm...yes...all is well."
Alexis said with an innocent smile.

He smiled warmly, "And I would not imply you tried to take what was not freely offered."
Looking around the apartment, he nodded thoughtfully, "Quite understandable, Freddie is not much different in her... domesticity... is that an original Commodore PET? Or just the chassis with upgraded components?"

Alexis just nodded at your comment about the Seat of Matter. She glanced at her computer.
"It is and it is as original as I have been able to keep it though some parts have had to be replaced over the years."
She said fondly.
"Well I have other things to do than keep a tidy house and I have a system and...and ehm...yeah this way for the Umbra port."
She said and she headed to a door next to the kitchenette.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:37 pm

Anja wrote:"Yes this do indeed seam to be a room showing examples of various tools for scrying...let us see what the next room holds."
Amadeus said and he headed to a low door made of heavy wood and headed out into the next chamber.

"Hope it has something to do with Master Salkonias." Serge said as he followed behind Master Nassa and entered the next chamber.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:53 am

Hope it has something to do with Master Salkonias." Serge said as he followed behind Master Nassa and entered the next chamber.

The next room held dowsing equipment, rows and rows of pretty pendulums, U rods, L rods, Y rods of various woods and mroe exotic tools lines the walls with framed information about their use. In one corner sat a young woman with flowing red hair making custom pendulums and dowsing rods that visitors could buy. To her side was another door.
"Hold up I am just going to pick up a pendulum as a gift for Mrs Von Hess...and maybe one for Tragedy as well."
Amadeus said as he walked over to the girl who was wrapping stone and glass beads into artful pendulums.
"I am sure we will find something which interest you eventually Mr Yager."
He added as he greeted the woman and then set about choosing two of her pendulums.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:58 am

[TimeStop Labs]

Anja's Post:

'What's a... nah, no time.'

Anja's Post:

'Oh? Nice to tell me...' fumbling with her conference listing, to see when she'd be needed for Baynes' show and tell while moving into the main room...

[Good news everyone; I'll be at work today so you'll have time to craft the opening speech scene.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:28 am

Anja wrote:"Well we do try to point the right end towards the enemy."
"It just sometimes do not end up that way regardless of intentions."
Colin smiled wryly, "I find that a lot of rookie mistakes can be prevented with very simple written instructions... Might be worth a shot. But yes, accidents happen."

Anja wrote:"Preferably if all go well the target are shot through time to the distant past where they can do not harm, but things do not always go well and shorter jumps or even jumps into the future do happen."
Alexis explained.
He pondered, "Hm, distant past, someone could do quite a lot of harm there, before succumbing to long-forgotten pathogens or unfiltered water... depending on what they bring with them. Seems like the future would be better to aim for, give you time to set up a convenient confinement or minefield where they'll appear later..."

Anja wrote:"Ah no one is on fire so I am sure we are fine."
The Etherite said with a shrug. At this point flames stood out of the door of one of the labs followed by shouts of alarm and then the sound of a fire repressed can being fired.
"Ehm...yes...all is well."
Alexis said with an innocent smile.
His expression didn't even flicker, "At least they seem to be good with rapid responses. Michael Bay project?"

Anja wrote:Alexis just nodded at your comment about the Seat of Matter. She glanced at her computer.
"It is and it is as original as I have been able to keep it though some parts have had to be replaced over the years."
She said fondly.
"Well I have other things to do than keep a tidy house and I have a system and...and ehm...yeah this way for the Umbra port."
She said and she headed to a door next to the kitchenette.
He nodded, "I don't think I have seen one in working condition since 1983... granted, Britain had very strong competitors for the Commodore brand back then, so there just weren't very many of the machines around."
He shook his head and followed, "Ah, a conveniently inconspicuous door, too. Practical."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next