Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daggers in the Dark, Two Suns and New Friends IC Thread 58

+2
Meridia Porter
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 30 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

Daggers in the Dark, Two Suns and New Friends IC Thread 58 - Page 30 Empty Re: Daggers in the Dark, Two Suns and New Friends IC Thread 58

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jun 24, 2023 1:40 pm

[TimeStop Labs]

What's a... nah, no time.'

Lucine nodded at that as she headed to her seat.
"We can always discuss it later Nick."

Oh? Nice to tell me...' fumbling with her conference listing, to see when she'd be needed for Baynes' show and tell while moving into the main room...

Everyone eventually found their seats. A slender man in a very old fashioned suit stepped into the center of the room, he had a fairly youthful look to him but the old, faded clothes made him look older. Once the crowd had setteled down the man took a step forward and fidgeted with a button of his jacket, he did not seam fond of public speaking, eventually he spoke up and his voice carried over the large room.
"Colleges, Scientists, Dear friends I welcome you to four days of celebration, celebration of the fact that we can take our human forms into our own hands and take a step forwards. Transhumanists know evolution do not have to be flesh, and genes it can also be created."
The man begun.
"I will not keep you here to long, you have lectures to attend and stands to visit, this if four days dedicated to learning and you have better things to do than to listen to an old man jammer on. Also at the moment our little symposium can not be held without discussing the current events, the illness that nearly devastated those among us who have become augmented. This opening ceremony though is meant to bring joy not fear, there will be talks about the cyber plauge in lecture room 36C later this day and through the convention."
The man continued.
"I believe there is not much to say, I could drag this out but that is in no one's interest. I will just say that cybernetics holds the promise to restore those injured or sick to full functionality, it holds the promise to advance our human form, and while I myself have not accepted such augmentation yet I find it a fascinating topic for study. Scientists I am Dr Julian Spence the Seat of Matter and I welcome you all to TimeStop Labs Forth Annual Cybernetics Convention."
Julian smile took a dramatic pause then he indicated Baynes.
"Now I give the word to Dr Baynes an expert in the field, he will inform you of some of the highlights of the next four days."
The Primus said and he took a bow to polite applause as Beynes stood, took a moment to look for his glasses then gave Nicole a smile and headed for the podium in the middle of the room. You could see from your listing that the show and tell was in one hour in lecture room 123B.

[After lunch Meeting with the Admiral]

Colin smiled wryly, "I find that a lot of rookie mistakes can be prevented with very simple written instructions... Might be worth a shot. But yes, accidents happen."

"I have not yet seen a mistake done with someone not knowing what end of the missile to point on the enemy, there are other mistakes done but in my personal experience do not eat IPod Nano type messages then to just make people take actual signs less seriously."
Alexis replied.
"I assume my crew are competent, accidents happen. Treating my men and women as children is not something which will improve things."

He pondered, "Hm, distant past, someone could do quite a lot of harm there, before succumbing to long-forgotten pathogens or unfiltered water... depending on what they bring with them. Seems like the future would be better to aim for, give you time to set up a convenient confinement or minefield where they'll appear later..."

"The future is also easier, sending something to the past is allot harder than the future so I agree but I did not design the missiles, I do not have the skill in Time for that."
The Admiral replied.
"I mean the Time Confinement Cells you and Miss Bou...no that was one of the things not to be discussed...hehe..."
She said quickly moving on.

His expression didn't even flicker, "At least they seem to be good with rapid responses. Michael Bay project?"

"I believe they are making healing tinctures and yes Etherites get really got at putting out fires quickly."
The Admiral said with a grin.

He nodded, "I don't think I have seen one in working condition since 1983... granted, Britain had very strong competitors for the Commodore brand back then, so there just weren't very many of the machines around."

"I just think it is a neat machine so I wanted to keep it in good order."
Alexis said fondly.
"I like old machines."

He shook his head and followed, "Ah, a conveniently inconspicuous door, too. Practical."

"Well no need to be flashy."
Alexis said, she led you into a hallway, to one side was a door which probably led to a bedroom, the Admiral though opened a closet door, pushed aside several coats and revealed something which looked like a miniature Satargate from well Starcate there, she dialed something into the control panel and then headed through the portal and vanished.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Daggers in the Dark, Two Suns and New Friends IC Thread 58 - Page 30 Empty Re: Daggers in the Dark, Two Suns and New Friends IC Thread 58

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Jun 24, 2023 7:37 pm

[After lunch, Serge's Trip]

Anja wrote:The next room held dowsing equipment, rows and rows of pretty pendulums, U rods, L rods, Y rods of various woods and more exotic tools lines the walls with framed information about their use. In one corner sat a young woman with flowing red hair making custom pendulums and dowsing rods that visitors could buy. To her side was another door.
"Hold up I am just going to pick up a pendulum as a gift for Mrs Von Hess...and maybe one for Tragedy as well."
Amadeus said as he walked over to the girl who was wrapping stone and glass beads into artful pendulums.
"I am sure we will find something which interest you eventually Mr Yager."
He added as he greeted the woman and then set about choosing two of her pendulums.

"Oh yeah. Sure thing. Knock yourself out. And don't worry. Everything here is interesting. Though not as flashy as I would've expected for a magickal museum." Serge said as he watched Master Nassa go towards the red haired women.

He didn't join the Master, still feeling the bitter aftertaste of the clerks admonishment and refusing to partake in magickal capitalism as a form of mild protest. It surprised him how a few simple words from a complete stranger made a magickal museum feel more like a Syndicate Project.

As he waited for Master Nassa, Serge walked up to the neat rows of dowsing equipment reading the framed information on each one. In an attempt to better understand and make use of the information he began to draw an image of a mage using the dowsing equipment giving each one a unique flair and design.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:09 pm

"Oh yeah. Sure thing. Knock yourself out. And don't worry. Everything here is interesting. Though not as flashy as I would've expected for a magickal museum." Serge said as he watched Master Nassa go towards the red haired women.

"What exactly where you expecting kid?"
Amadeus asked before he headed over to buy the pendulums, soon he had to small gift bags he stuffed in his pocket before paying the woman and thanking her.

He didn't join the Master, still feeling the bitter aftertaste of the clerks admonishment and refusing to partake in magickal capitalism as a form of mild protest. It surprised him how a few simple words from a complete stranger made a magickal museum feel more like a Syndicate Project.

As he waited for Master Nassa, Serge walked up to the neat rows of dowsing equipment reading the framed information on each one. In an attempt to better understand and make use of the information he began to draw an image of a mage using the dowsing equipment giving each one a unique flair and design.

You could read about the history of several of the tools present and how they where made, as you where drawing you heard a man's voice behind you.
"Interesting drawing."
The voice said.
"Did you know that back in my day, Dowsing was just part of the consensus, if you wanted to find water dowse, wanted to find a profitable mine, dowse, wanted to know the sex of a unborn child dose it was just a thing something did as often as checing google today."
Akrites Salonikas stood behind you, his dark eyes twinkeling with amusement. Neither Amadeus or the pendulum maker seamed to see the old Seer.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jun 25, 2023 2:02 am

Anja wrote:"I have not yet seen a mistake done with someone not knowing what end of the missile to point on the enemy, there are other mistakes done but in my personal experience do not eat IPod Nano type messages then to just make people take actual signs less seriously."
Alexis replied.
"I assume my crew are competent, accidents happen. Treating my men and women as children is not something which will improve things."
Colin nodded, "Of course... no one reads the security sheet for their household devices anymore, because the manufacturers have to print such things as 'Do not dry pets in the microwave' after someone did just that... I'd like to think Mage society is a little more enlightened in every way than corporate America... I would think most rookie mistakes have been weaned out of anyone getting vetted to work for you."

Anja wrote:"The future is also easier, sending something to the past is allot harder than the future so I agree but I did not design the missiles, I do not have the skill in Time for that."
The Admiral replied.
"I mean the Time Confinement Cells you and Miss Bou...no that was one of the things not to be discussed...hehe..."
She said quickly moving on.
He paused ever so slightly, then chuckled, "Finally, some good news about her. I needed to hear that, but no, no more. Hm, perhaps someone more skilled with temporal mechanics should go back and fix the design?"

Anja wrote:"I believe they are making healing tinctures and yes Etherites get really got at putting out fires quickly."
The Admiral said with a grin.
He arched an eyebrow, "Hm... it is a good skill to have. Do they make enough restoratives to actually push to market?"

Anja wrote:"I just think it is a neat machine so I wanted to keep it in good order."
Alexis said fondly.
"I like old machines."
He nodded, "There's certainly something noble in preserving the older technology; even more so if you can find the time and opportunity to save records for the future."

Anja wrote:"Well no need to be flashy."
Alexis said, she led you into a hallway, to one side was a door which probably led to a bedroom, the Admiral though opened a closet door, pushed aside several coats and revealed something which looked like a miniature Satargate from well Starcate there, she dialed something into the control panel and then headed through the portal and vanished.
He grinned and gestured to Helena, "Let's not let our host wait, then, shall we?"

Then he followed through the portal and looked around cheerfully.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Jun 25, 2023 5:39 am

Anja wrote:"What exactly where you expecting kid?"
Amadeus asked before he headed over to buy the pendulums, soon he had to small gift bags he stuffed in his pocket before paying the woman and thanking her.

"Illusions or spirits roaming the halls narrating the history of the artifacts. Enchanted rooms where you can glimpse into your future. Non-Euclidean geometry. You know the standard stuff to make a place feel magickal." Serge said with a shrug, "Granted we've only been in like two rooms."

Anja wrote:You could read about the history of several of the tools present and how they where made, as you where drawing you heard a man's voice behind you.
"Interesting drawing."
The voice said.
"Did you know that back in my day, Dowsing was just part of the consensus, if you wanted to find water dowse, wanted to find a profitable mine, dowse, wanted to know the sex of a unborn child dose it was just a thing something did as often as checing google today."
Akrites Salonikas stood behind you, his dark eyes twinkeling with amusement. Neither Amadeus or the pendulum maker seamed to see the old Seer.

"That sounds amazing. Using magick freely. Power and knowledge freely available to all rather than being locked away behind false barriers." Serge said absent mindedly, thinking that the person behind him was some random elder mage like Master Morgan.

Only when he turned around did he react properly to his sudden ancient yet familiar visitor. His eyes widened with surprise and it took a bit of self-control not to shout out in joy and self-vindication. Yet he couldn't help but feel a sense of excitement about this meeting.

"Hahaha. You know I thought I'd meet you here. After my Cabal Leader found something at your friends old place I figured there was more to discover." he said politely doing his best to keep his composure. He kept his voice low, not wanting to alert Master Nassa on the off chance that his attention would drive away Master Salkonias. "Guess you could say I did a little divination my own. If you call following a pattern divination."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:26 am

[TimeStop Labs]

Anja's Post:

A small inward contented sigh on seeing the auditorium; the arrangements seemed suitable enough for her and allowed the person behind a view of something not the back of her head. Impatiently waited for the others to quit fucking about and actually sit down, watched the man appear on the dais, pleased they had a fairly good view. She knew who they were; had seen Spence when he'd been making an inspection of Drydock the year previous. Well, saw in passing. Security personnel were rather treated like furniture in labs. No, more like limited-use but expensive kit which most pray not need the use of...

She listened to the Head with slightly worried interest; the last thing she wanted was a public mention of herself from the pulpit. Luckily, they didn't, but when they mentioned Baynes felt the pressure of about two hundred people looking at their direction. Cursed silently at Baynes as she shuffled to let him out; why didn't he mention he was making part of the introduction speech?

[I thought cybernetics would have been more than only four years old. Though I suppose it might have been long a part of a robotics expo and it was only 2011 that it got big enough to stand alone.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jun 25, 2023 1:17 pm

Colin nodded, "Of course... no one reads the security sheet for their household devices anymore, because the manufacturers have to print such things as 'Do not dry pets in the microwave' after someone did just that... I'd like to think Mage society is a little more enlightened in every way than corporate America... I would think most rookie mistakes have been weaned out of anyone getting vetted to work for you."

"And yet you wanted me to mark missiles with do not point the point towards the face."
Alexis said raising an eyebrow.

He paused ever so slightly, then chuckled, "Finally, some good news about her. I needed to hear that, but no, no more. Hm, perhaps someone more skilled with temporal mechanics should go back and fix the design?"

"I am well acquainted with Miss Bouchard, but I can say that in the future she help doing just that refine a key design change to the Zeppelins weapons systems."
The Admiral said with a nod.

He arched an eyebrow, "Hm... it is a good skill to have. Do they make enough restoratives to actually push to market?"

"Yes in fact such restoratives are often used for minor illnesses at our Clinic or carried by our field operatives."
Alexis replied.
"For some it get to far to the psuedo side of psuedo science. Would you like me to get you a few bottles Mr Wainwright?"

He nodded, "There's certainly something noble in preserving the older technology; even more so if you can find the time and opportunity to save records for the future."

"I do try to document the repairs and modifications I do indeed, when I have the time. It is a hobby after all."
Alexis said as she led the way through her apartment.

He grinned and gestured to Helena, "Let's not let our host wait, then, shall we?"

Then he followed through the portal and looked around cheerfully.

Helena nodded at that and stepped though right after you. The portal opened onto a small dock, it looked like a space station's docking bay and there docked in place was a ship you recognized, Dalisse's Battle Cruiser.
"Do you now see why I requested you personally Mr Wainwright?"
Alexis asked as she turned to look at you with a grin and Helena looked shocked and took a step back.
"That...that is a Nephandi Battle Cruiser..."
The Hermetic muttered.
"How..."

[TimeStop Labs]

A small inward contented sigh on seeing the auditorium; the arrangements seemed suitable enough for her and allowed the person behind a view of something not the back of her head. Impatiently waited for the others to quit fucking about and actually sit down, watched the man appear on the dais, pleased they had a fairly good view. She knew who they were; had seen Spence when he'd been making an inspection of Drydock the year previous. Well, saw in passing. Security personnel were rather treated like furniture in labs. No, more like limited-use but expensive kit which most pray not need the use of...

She listened to the Head with slightly worried interest; the last thing she wanted was a public mention of herself from the pulpit. Luckily, they didn't, but when they mentioned Baynes felt the pressure of about two hundred people looking at their direction. Cursed silently at Baynes as she shuffled to let him out; why didn't he mention he was making part of the introduction speech?

Beynes stood and bumbeled towards the dais, on the way there you had the feeling he stumbeled on purpose to draw attention away from you as he felt you where uncomfortable. Then he got to the dais and padded about the dais for a moment.
"Is he your Mentor?"
A young Etherite you had seen around but did not know the name of asked leaning over from the row behind to ask you.
"You are Nicole Bouchard right? The woman who lost an arm saving her Cabal? I have heard of you...are you Dr Baynes's student?"

Illusions or spirits roaming the halls narrating the history of the artifacts. Enchanted rooms where you can glimpse into your future. Non-Euclidean geometry. You know the standard stuff to make a place feel magickal." Serge said with a shrug, "Granted we've only been in like two rooms."

"Yes I guess that would indeed be allot more magickal."
Amadeus replied.
"Then again not all magick is flashy kid."

"That sounds amazing. Using magick freely. Power and knowledge freely available to all rather than being locked away behind false barriers." Serge said absent mindedly, thinking that the person behind him was some random elder mage like Master Morgan.

Only when he turned around did he react properly to his sudden ancient yet familiar visitor. His eyes widened with surprise and it took a bit of self-control not to shout out in joy and self-vindication. Yet he couldn't help but feel a sense of excitement about this meeting.

"Hahaha. You know I thought I'd meet you here. After my Cabal Leader found something at your friends old place I figured there was more to discover." he said politely doing his best to keep his composure. He kept his voice low, not wanting to alert Master Nassa on the off chance that his attention would drive away Master Salkonias. "Guess you could say I did a little divination my own. If you call following a pattern divination."

"Oh it is it's own form of divination actually, a whole cathegory all to itself."
The ancient Seer said.
"And yes I have been waiting for you, well my memory have, you are my heir and there are things you need to learn...but no...I think for you a tressure hunt, so let me give you a clue."
He said and his eyes sparkeled as if he found this to be great fun.
"Remember wisdom can be found in the itnersection between two stars."
He said and then he took one of your hands, the memory's touch felt like touching cobwebs, there but not quite, the small, ornate silver and wood box which appeared in your hand though felt real enough.
"As for everything working magick child, that is the hope of our Tradition, mass Awakening, when magick is no longer the gift of a few but the birthright of all, that is the path to true freedom."
The long dead mage said then he looked sad for a moment.
"My friend...second Mentor really, I hope his broken reincarnation can find the right path to save us all, but to do so he will need your help, yours and the help of the knight with the iron arm."

(OOC: Cybernetics yes technomancers have had that for centuries, this convention is only four years old though.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jun 25, 2023 5:13 pm

Anja wrote:"And yet you wanted me to mark missiles with do not point the point towards the face."
Alexis said raising an eyebrow.
Colin sighed softly, "Not all quips can be good ones, alas. Even Groucho Marx knew that. For the record, I was not aware the harpoons were missiles at the time, I thought they were handheld devices."

Anja wrote:"I am well acquainted with Miss Bouchard, but I can say that in the future she help doing just that refine a key design change to the Zeppelins weapons systems."
The Admiral said with a nod.
He nodded, "That is reassuring, though a suggestion for helping her right now would be... well... hm, I shouldn't worry you about such minor concerns."

Anja wrote:"Yes in fact such restoratives are often used for minor illnesses at our Clinic or carried by our field operatives."
Alexis replied.
"For some it get to far to the psuedo side of psuedo science. Would you like me to get you a few bottles Mr Wainwright?"
He nodded, "Perhaps I can pick some up on the way back. I'm sure Master Nassa would be quite happy with a bit of backup, as such - he is our finest healer, but, well, Verbena healing methods do drain the healer. Literally."

Anja wrote:Helena nodded at that and stepped though right after you. The portal opened onto a small dock, it looked like a space station's docking bay and there docked in place was a ship you recognized, Dalisse's Battle Cruiser.
"Do you now see why I requested you personally Mr Wainwright?"
Alexis asked as she turned to look at you with a grin and Helena looked shocked and took a step back.
"That...that is a Nephandi Battle Cruiser..."
The Hermetic muttered.
"How..."
He paused for a moment, then grinned wryly, "Ah, Dalisse is visiting, is she? Yes, that's something of a modest complication. Ah, Miss Mar, this battlecruiser is the ship of Dalisse Diedne ex Hermes, who helped us out in the Lisa Larson situation. Hum... Admiral, how is a good question, how did she arrive at your personal dock like this?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jun 25, 2023 9:51 pm

Colin sighed softly, "Not all quips can be good ones, alas. Even Groucho Marx knew that. For the record, I was not aware the harpoons were missiles at the time, I thought they were handheld devices."

"You shoot them from rigs mounted on the zeppelins."
Alexis said.
"But yes the front end is fairly obvious however care should indeed be taken when handling them."

He nodded, "That is reassuring, though a suggestion for helping her right now would be... well... hm, I shouldn't worry you about such minor concerns."

"Like I said I did not know her well in the future so I am not sure what advice I can give. I care about members of my Tradition but I am...I am not really even sure what advice you need."
The Admiral said scratching her head.

He nodded, "Perhaps I can pick some up on the way back. I'm sure Master Nassa would be quite happy with a bit of backup, as such - he is our finest healer, but, well, Verbena healing methods do drain the healer. Literally."

"So it does."
Alexis said then she gave a nod and a smile.
"Certainly Mr Wainwright feel free to pick up some of the restoratives and see what you think of them,"

He paused for a moment, then grinned wryly, "Ah, Dalisse is visiting, is she? Yes, that's something of a modest complication. Ah, Miss Mar, this battlecruiser is the ship of Dalisse Diedne ex Hermes, who helped us out in the Lisa Larson situation

Helena still looked skeptical her hand was resting on her gun but she did not draw it.
"You have...interesting friends Mr Wainwright, but yes I have heard of this...Dalisee, but are you sure we can trust such a being, she is linked to that...ball of rotting flesh."
The Hermetic said and she indicated the ship with her free hand.

Hum... Admiral, how is a good question, how did she arrive at your personal dock like this?"

"Simple enough. I noticed the Battle Cruiser on my private scanning system, it was not acting aggressively and skirted Horizon space. I remembered you telling me about Dalisse and so I went out with a small crew to investigate and upon finding out my suspicion was right and hearing what she had to say I ehm...kind of hacked the security systems and bribed that bloody Earth Elemental to get her here in secret."
The Admiral said with a grin then she turned serious.
"Dalisse come to us with an important warning...will you accompany me to hear her out?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:44 am

Anja wrote:"Like I said I did not know her well in the future so I am not sure what advice I can give. I care about members of my Tradition but I am...I am not really even sure what advice you need."
The Admiral said scratching her head.
Colin nodded and sighed, "No, she's... a bit contrarian in nature. She could do with some remedial lessons on etiquette and decorum, but... Her heart is in the right place, it's her head that needs a little, hm, help."

Anja wrote:"So it does."
Alexis said then she gave a nod and a smile.
"Certainly Mr Wainwright feel free to pick up some of the restoratives and see what you think of them,"
He nodded, "I will let you know as soon as they've been needed."

Anja wrote:Helena still looked skeptical her hand was resting on her gun but she did not draw it.
"You have...interesting friends Mr Wainwright, but yes I have heard of this...Dalisee, but are you sure we can trust such a being, she is linked to that...ball of rotting flesh."
The Hermetic said and she indicated the ship with her free hand.
He looked at the ship, contemplatively, "Dalisse herself... yes, I don't believe she'll Fall at her age, nor stab us in the back. Any Fallen on board, on the other hand, well... I don't believe she'd bring any with her here."

Anja wrote:"Simple enough. I noticed the Battle Cruiser on my private scanning system, it was not acting aggressively and skirted Horizon space. I remembered you telling me about Dalisse and so I went out with a small crew to investigate and upon finding out my suspicion was right and hearing what she had to say I ehm...kind of hacked the security systems and bribed that bloody Earth Elemental to get her here in secret."
The Admiral said with a grin then she turned serious.
"Dalisse come to us with an important warning...will you accompany me to hear her out?"
He nodded, "Her presence is currently in legal limbo, as I understand it - for fair reasons. But Master Tolle has proof she is not Fallen, and I trust he'll eventually get a verdict in place to give Dalisse some form of amnesty in Concordia space... but yes, if she has a warning important enough to come close to Horizon with, we had best hear it. Would you like to come along, Miss Mar, or would you prefer to wait outside? We... may have to use a somewhat unpleasant travel form, like in Toby."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:15 am

Colin nodded and sighed, "No, she's... a bit contrarian in nature. She could do with some remedial lessons on etiquette and decorum, but... Her heart is in the right place, it's her head that needs a little, hm, help."

"What you request here is not really my area of expertise, but it sound like it would be hard to do unless Miss Bouchard herself want this education."
Alexis said sounding uncertain.

He nodded, "I will let you know as soon as they've been needed."

The admiral nodded at that.

He looked at the ship, contemplatively, "Dalisse herself... yes, I don't believe she'll Fall at her age, nor stab us in the back. Any Fallen on board, on the other hand, well... I don't believe she'd bring any with her here."

Helena still had her hand on her weapon but she nodded. You remember all the Nephandi in the ship was killed or captured other than one Nephandus, a young man who Dalisse kept and hid rather than let the Traditions take him.

He nodded, "Her presence is currently in legal limbo, as I understand it - for fair reasons. But Master Tolle has proof she is not Fallen, and I trust he'll eventually get a verdict in place to give Dalisse some form of amnesty in Concordia space... but yes, if she has a warning important enough to come close to Horizon with, we had best hear it. Would you like to come along, Miss Mar, or would you prefer to wait outside? We... may have to use a somewhat unpleasant travel form, like in Toby."

"Yes currently I do not want the legal hazzle of bringing Dalisse and her ship in the normal way."
The Admiral said.
"She should be safe at my private dock."
She added as she stepped towards the ship. A giant mouth, complete with a tongue and teeth opened to allow entrance. Helena did not look comfortable but she grumbled.
"I was tasked by my Pater to keep you safe Mr Wainwright, I am going."
She said and the Admiral and Victor headed up the tongue and into the mouth of the ship...well one fo the mouths.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:40 am

Anja wrote:"What you request here is not really my area of expertise, but it sound like it would be hard to do unless Miss Bouchard herself want this education."
Alexis said sounding uncertain.
Colin nodded, "Quite... Well, as Cabal Leader, it's my headache for now. I hope I can manage to contain the problem until I gan get her the help needed..."

Anja wrote:Helena still had her hand on her weapon but she nodded. You remember all the Nephandi in the ship was killed or captured other than one Nephandus, a young man who Dalisse kept and hid rather than let the Traditions take him.
He smiled wryly, "Miss Mar... please take your hand off your weapon. It would be rude to shoot at the pretty fish lady, and remarkably foolish to shoot at the gargantuan polyp we are walking into. We are Dalisse's guests, and she has an astounding amount of raw power at her back."

Anja wrote:"Yes currently I do not want the legal hazzle of bringing Dalisse and her ship in the normal way."
The Admiral said.
"She should be safe at my private dock."
She added as she stepped towards the ship. A giant mouth, complete with a tongue and teeth opened to allow entrance. Helena did not look comfortable but she grumbled.
"I was tasked by my Pater to keep you safe Mr Wainwright, I am going."
She said and the Admiral and Victor headed up the tongue and into the mouth of the ship...well one fo the mouths.
He pondered, "The notion of bribing the elemental to smuggle even something of this magnitude in, though... the security implications are unsettling."
He shook his head and followed along into the ship, giving the fleshy wall a pat and looking up at the nearest eyeball, "Hello again, Dalisse. I'm afraid this meeting came as a surprise, the gift box of books is still on the shuttle. Will we be brought up via, ah, ocular shortcut?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:42 am

Colin nodded, "Quite... Well, as Cabal Leader, it's my headache for now. I hope I can manage to contain the problem until I gan get her the help needed..."

"Being a leader can be a headache."
Alexis said in a knowing tone of voice.
"I hope the situation will sort itself out, in my experience your Cabalmate have a great deal of potential, though perhaps she felt a bit Technocratic in her anti mysticism world view."

He smiled wryly, "Miss Mar... please take your hand off your weapon. It would be rude to shoot at the pretty fish lady, and remarkably foolish to shoot at the gargantuan polyp we are walking into. We are Dalisse's guests, and she has an astounding amount of raw power at her back."

"Yes...that is what worries me."
Helena grumbled but she took her hand of her weapon, hesitantly before she headed inside the ship.

He pondered, "The notion of bribing the elemental to smuggle even something of this magnitude in, though... the security implications are unsettling."

"One of the problems with slavery Mr Wainwright, the Earth Elemental is bound by Porthos against his will, he have no reason to be loyal so as long as you do not bump against the bounds of the bounds that bind him he can be bribed."
The Admiral said with a sigh.

He shook his head and followed along into the ship, giving the fleshy wall a pat and looking up at the nearest eyeball, "Hello again, Dalisse. I'm afraid this meeting came as a surprise, the gift box of books is still on the shuttle. Will we be brought up via, ah, ocular shortcut?"

There was no reply but there was the disgusing feeling of being dragged though rotted flesh and then you stood in the hallway outside of Dalisse's chamber. Helena brushed of herself though there was no stains on your persons, even if it felt like that.
"Gah! I hate that!"
The Hermetic exclaimed. Victor did not react at all and the Admiral adjusted her uniform and headed to the bone door to the Keeper's chamber and knocked on it.

Dalisse opened the door and glided to the opening, she had on light, slik robes which did not irritate her fins, just for the benefit of her guests as many reacted to nakedness. Her strange, fish like features split into a smile when she saw colin.
"Hello again my friend...please come in...and that is quite understandable there was little time to anounce our arrival."
She said. Helena stared at the strange being and whispered to Colin.
"She look...she is beautiful in a way."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:08 pm

Anja wrote:"Being a leader can be a headache."
Alexis said in a knowing tone of voice.
"I hope the situation will sort itself out, in my experience your Cabalmate have a great deal of potential, though perhaps she felt a bit Technocratic in her anti mysticism world view."
Colin nodded thoughtfully, "I don't think it will sort itself out on its own - I suspect she has past trauma, which informs her attitude... Potential, absolutely, she's an excellent combat engineer, but her anti-mystic view is... a speed bump, really."

Anja wrote:"One of the problems with slavery Mr Wainwright, the Earth Elemental is bound by Porthos against his will, he have no reason to be loyal so as long as you do not bump against the bounds of the bounds that bind him he can be bribed."
He frowned, "That is indeed troublesome... I could easily picture a few individuals of... high power using such a backdoor to smuggle in a Meajin Incarna, for example."

Anja wrote:There was no reply but there was the disgusing feeling of being dragged though rotted flesh and then you stood in the hallway outside of Dalisse's chamber. Helena brushed of herself though there was no stains on your persons, even if it felt like that.
"Gah! I hate that!"
The Hermetic exclaimed. Victor did not react at all and the Admiral adjusted her uniform and headed to the bone door to the Keeper's chamber and knocked on it.
He smiled wryly and picked an imaginary speck of dust of his lapel, "Indeed, it will never be my favourite way to travel - but I cannot deny its effectiveness for navigating the labyrinthine passageways."

Anja wrote:Dalisse opened the door and glided to the opening, she had on light, slik robes which did not irritate her fins, just for the benefit of her guests as many reacted to nakedness. Her strange, fish like features split into a smile when she saw colin.
"Hello again my friend...please come in...and that is quite understandable there was little time to anounce our arrival."
She said. Helena stared at the strange being and whispered to Colin.
"She look...she is beautiful in a way."
He smiled, "Hello again, Dalisse, it is a delight to see you so soon. And I understand, urgency tends to toss protocol out the window."
He gave Helena a grin, whispering back, "I know. Very delicate hands, too. I'm sure she'd be all too happy to converse with you at length, if given the opportunity."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:36 pm

[TimeStop Labs]

Anja's Post:

Nicole watched Baynes move towards the dais, realising then that she would never get "smoking gun" evidence to prove her theory right. Which was the genius of it. Too natural to be an act, but too inexplicably productive for it not to be. He'd somehow managed to hit a medium between the two, like a perfect weld which you couldn't see after the paint had been applied... then realisd someone was talking to her.

'Hmm? Well, kinda. Was attached to his lab, though not his [research] team.' she replied, hoping she'd not missed anything important from the start of the question.

[*gives an OOC laugh at Colin's thoughts/words regarding 'the Nicole issue'*]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:53 pm

Anja wrote:"Oh it is it's own form of divination actually, a whole cathegory all to itself."
The ancient Seer said.
"And yes I have been waiting for you, well my memory have, you are my heir and there are things you need to learn...but no...I think for you a tressure hunt, so let me give you a clue."
He said and his eyes sparkeled as if he found this to be great fun.
"Remember wisdom can be found in the itnersection between two stars."
He said and then he took one of your hands, the memory's touch felt like touching cobwebs, there but not quite, the small, ornate silver and wood box which appeared in your hand though felt real enough.
"As for everything working magick child, that is the hope of our Tradition, mass Awakening, when magick is no longer the gift of a few but the birthright of all, that is the path to true freedom."
The long dead mage said then he looked sad for a moment.
"My friend...second Mentor really, I hope his broken reincarnation can find the right path to save us all, but to do so he will need your help, yours and the help of the knight with the iron arm."

Excitement raged through him as he listened to the old Seer. He looked at the silver box that appeared in his hands with a look that was similar to the one conveyed by a child when being given treats as a reward.

He then looked back at the old Seer and gave him a reassuring smile. "Don't worry. Anybody who needs my help will get it. And I'm sure my friends all think the same way. We'll do all we can to help you and your friends. So you can rest easy."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:42 pm

Excitement raged through him as he listened to the old Seer. He looked at the silver box that appeared in his hands with a look that was similar to the one conveyed by a child when being given treats as a reward.

He then looked back at the old Seer and gave him a reassuring smile. "Don't worry. Anybody who needs my help will get it. And I'm sure my friends all think the same way. We'll do all we can to help you and your friends. So you can rest easy."

"Oh I am resting easy do not worry about that, I fought, I died, I lived I loved but time is strange I am and I am not."
The Seer said.
"You will find the treasure child I know you will."
The ancient mage gave you a mischievous grin then he was gone.
"Ok should we go to the next room?"
Amadeus asked he had come up behind you and he had not seen the Seer.

[TimeStop Labs]

Nicole watched Baynes move towards the dais, realising then that she would never get "smoking gun" evidence to prove her theory right. Which was the genius of it. Too natural to be an act, but too inexplicably productive for it not to be. He'd somehow managed to hit a medium between the two, like a perfect weld which you couldn't see after the paint had been applied... then realisd someone was talking to her.

'Hmm? Well, kinda. Was attached to his lab, though not his [research] team.' she replied, hoping she'd not missed anything important from the start of the question.

"That is cool. I hear he is pretty good at what he do."
The other Etherite replied as Beynes finished looking for his glasses and his papers and started talking about the promise of Cybernetics and some of the projects his lab was heading up.
"I heard you had some problems coming up to Horizon, an attack on your ship."
The young man asked.
"By a Nephandi no less."
You had this nagging feeling something was not right about the kid thought some of his information did not make sense.

(OOC: I did a roll for you Nicole and she smell bullshit.)

(OOC 2: Ohh dinner is done I will reply to Warp's post after dinner.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:12 pm

[TimeStop Labs]

Anja's Post:

A short silence before replying, turning her head to get a glimpse of the guy. 'Yeah. Not a nice situation to get in, I can say.' trying to then place said guy in the atrium earlier when she'd talked to Lucine and Carlos about it - it was possible they could have been overheard. What she found suspicious was how he knew what had happened to her and why.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:23 pm

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "I don't think it will sort itself out on its own - I suspect she has past trauma, which informs her attitude... Potential, absolutely, she's an excellent combat engineer, but her anti-mystic view is... a speed bump, really."

"I can not comment much as I said I saw some of her work, which impressed me but that is all I know about her. But yes since we work with mystics and some among our own Tradition have more spirituality mixed with science views a anti mysticism view point can cause problems.. We are Scientists but we are not looking to eradicate the mystical like the Union do and most of us do not think the two have to be in opposition."
The Admiral replied.

He frowned, "That is indeed troublesome... I could easily picture a few individuals of... high power using such a backdoor to smuggle in a Meajin Incarna, for example."

"They say don't piss off the man who make your food, well do not piss of the man who guard your door either, guards with no loyalty. I think there was an entry in the evil overlord manual about that."
Alexis replied with a frown.
"I suspect something as powerful as a Meajin Incarna would be discovered by other means though, our spirit guardians are not our only protective measures."

He smiled wryly and picked an imaginary speck of dust of his lapel, "Indeed, it will never be my favourite way to travel - but I cannot deny its effectiveness for navigating the labyrinthine passageways."

"Bloody polyp."
Helena grumbled.
"But yes the gates are effective enough."
She admitted, even so the air around her was rather cold.

He smiled, "Hello again, Dalisse, it is a delight to see you so soon. And I understand, urgency tends to toss protocol out the window."
He gave Helena a grin, whispering back, "I know. Very delicate hands, too. I'm sure she'd be all too happy to converse with you at length, if given the opportunity."

"I will endavor not to injure her."
Helena said then she muttered.
"But damned Frak Herbert would have had a heart attack if he saw her."
The Hermetic commented looking at the fragile, fish like elegance of Dalisse.

The Keeper turned to Colin and nodded as she lead the way.
"Yes I have prepared some tea."
She said.
"But I have come upon information important enough to risk coming here...they are amassing Colin...all of them, the Meajin they are amassing and their followers...have been harassing ships in the Umbra. I fear they plan on marching on Horizon ro some other important Umbral stronghold."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:28 pm

[TimeStop Labs]

A short silence before replying, turning her head to get a glimpse of the guy. 'Yeah. Not a nice situation to get in, I can say.' trying to then place said guy in the atrium earlier when she'd talked to Lucine and Carlos about it - it was possible they could have been overheard. What she found suspicious was how he knew what had happened to her and why.

The man talking to you where a young Asian man with dyed red hair, he had on a set of round glasses and had a face which was neither plain nor handsome, he was short and a bit lanky and had on a tshirt with a robot duck design, jeans and three silver rings in each ear. You ahd seen him at Etherite gatherings before but you do not know his name. You do not think he stood close to you and your old friends talking earlier.
"Yeah scary situaton...makes you wonder why someone would attack ships like that."
The kid muttered.
"How did you escape?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:35 pm

[TimeStop Labs]

Anja's Post:

'What, and give away trade secrets?' she quipped, trying to remember where she'd seen the guy before - if it had been a [Great] Lakes gathering it was possible he'd heard about her on the gossip-line, but not really if further away. That is unless they really had nothing better to gossip about...

'Anyway, our ship is only like a shuttle. Hardly the most intimidating thing about.' she continued.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:58 am

Anja wrote:"Oh I am resting easy do not worry about that, I fought, I died, I lived I loved but time is strange I am and I am not."
The Seer said.
"You will find the treasure child I know you will."
The ancient mage gave you a mischievous grin then he was gone.
"Ok should we go to the next room?"
Amadeus asked he had come up behind you and he had not seen the Seer.

He felt a hint of sadness as the old Seer left but the small meeting still filled the young mage with renewed vigor and energy.

He turned to face Master Nassa and said, "Yeah. Let's see what's in the next room. I hope it has something to do with Astrology. Reading the stars is one of the most famous forms of telling the future. Not to mention the connection between the stars and fate itself."

As he walked with Master Nassa to their next destination, he looked back down at his hand to see if the silver box was still there.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jun 27, 2023 6:45 am

Anja wrote:"I can not comment much as I said I saw some of her work, which impressed me but that is all I know about her. But yes since we work with mystics and some among our own Tradition have more spirituality mixed with science views a anti mysticism view point can cause problems.. We are Scientists but we are not looking to eradicate the mystical like the Union do and most of us do not think the two have to be in opposition."
The Admiral replied.
Colin nodded, "No, prose and technical terminology need to coexist to describe the same things... Or roughly the same things, at any rate. I am quite reliant on mathematics, particularly geometry, in my own work, and that does lend an odd overlap between the Mystic and the Scientific."

Anja wrote:"They say don't piss off the man who make your food, well do not piss of the man who guard your door either, guards with no loyalty. I think there was an entry in the evil overlord manual about that."
Alexis replied with a frown.
"I suspect something as powerful as a Meajin Incarna would be discovered by other means though, our spirit guardians are not our only protective measures."
He frowned, "If the Meajin Incarna lingered long enough, certainly... Hum, I should have asked where he was when he got the... ah, that case should be still pending, I might have the time yet..."

Anja wrote:"Bloody polyp."
Helena grumbled.
"But yes the gates are effective enough."
She admitted, even so the air around her was rather cold.
He chuckled wryly, "Indeed."

Anja wrote:"I will endavor not to injure her."
Helena said then she muttered.
"But damned Frak Herbert would have had a heart attack if he saw her."
The Hermetic commented looking at the fragile, fish like elegance of Dalisse.
He nodded, "He probably would... for one reason or another. Hum, you do not take after your Mentor when it comes to appreciating fiction, at least..."

Anja wrote:The Keeper turned to Colin and nodded as she lead the way.
"Yes I have prepared some tea."
She said.
"But I have come upon information important enough to risk coming here...they are amassing Colin...all of them, the Meajin they are amassing and their followers...have been harassing ships in the Umbra. I fear they plan on marching on Horizon ro some other important Umbral stronghold."
He frowned, gesturing for the others to follow, "All the Meajin? That is concerning... but not surprising. It would have to be something of that magnitude to reach as deep tomorrow as I anticipate. The Seat of Time, and certain other key individuals, have been alerted about the attack run during the trials tomorrow... Ah, Admiral, I believe a copy of the forewarning should have reached your desk, as well? An assassination attempt during Patrick Dale's trial, with substantial property damage plowing up through the city and into the Council Hall?"

((OOC: Is Colin entirely wrong, though? He does need Nicole to stop poking the bear all the time, after all... Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:36 am

[TimeStop Labs]

'What, and give away trade secrets?' she quipped, trying to remember where she'd seen the guy before - if it had been a [Great] Lakes gathering it was possible he'd heard about her on the gossip-line, but not really if further away. That is unless they really had nothing better to gossip about...

You believe it might have been a great lakes gathering indeed.
"You know I am just curious, it could not have been easy to escape."
The young Etherite commented.

'Anyway, our ship is only like a shuttle. Hardly the most intimidating thing about.' she continued.

"Yeah but there was a Technocrat ship to was it not?"
The kid asked trying to sound innocent.

He felt a hint of sadness as the old Seer left but the small meeting still filled the young mage with renewed vigor and energy.

He turned to face Master Nassa and said, "Yeah. Let's see what's in the next room. I hope it has something to do with Astrology. Reading the stars is one of the most famous forms of telling the future. Not to mention the connection between the stars and fate itself."

As he walked with Master Nassa to their next destination, he looked back down at his hand to see if the silver box was still there.

"Well certinly astorlogy is one of the great occult sciences, and most cultures have developed some sort of divination by the stars."
Amadeus said as you entered a room filled with planchettes, books with examples of autometic writing and spirit boards.
"Do not look like we got to the Astrology section yet though."
The old mage said. The silver box was still in your hand.
"It suprise me you take an interest in astorlogy kid since it is allot of path, calculations and going through reference materials."
Amadeus said raising an eyebrow as he looked at Serge.

(OOC: I am a bit behind sceduale today so I will reply to Warp's post later.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:50 pm

Colin nodded, "No, prose and technical terminology need to coexist to describe the same things... Or roughly the same things, at any rate. I am quite reliant on mathematics, particularly geometry, in my own work, and that does lend an odd overlap between the Mystic and the Scientific."

"Not to mention that the reason why we left the Union in the first place is that they declared only one narrow idea of reality would be acceptable, our own methods are seen as mystic by most of the Union, just turning our backs to a greater reality and pretend there is nothing but what can be measured in a modern sleeper lab is not our way."

He frowned, "If the Meajin Incarna lingered long enough, certainly... Hum, I should have asked where he was when he got the... ah, that case should be still pending, I might have the time yet..."

"You do know we got wards Mr Wainwright."
The Admiral asked.

He nodded, "He probably would... for one reason or another. Hum, you do not take after your Mentor when it comes to appreciating fiction, at least..."

"I have read some Mr Wainwright but I seldom have the time to do so these days between my duties as my Chantry's Security Chief, my own studies and training an apprentice my days are pretty full."
Helena said with a sigh.

He frowned, gesturing for the others to follow, "All the Meajin? That is concerning... but not surprising. It would have to be something of that magnitude to reach as deep tomorrow as I anticipate. The Seat of Time, and certain other key individuals, have been alerted about the attack run during the trials tomorrow... Ah, Admiral, I believe a copy of the forewarning should have reached your desk, as well? An assassination attempt during Patrick Dale's trial, with substantial property damage plowing up through the city and into the Council Hall?"

"Indeed I have been warned."
Alexis said as Dalisse found delicate porcelain cups and poured tea into them.
"That is correct...all of them Colin, the problem is they have help from at least one higher ranking Nephanda...I do not have all the details, what however I do got is a captive and I have talked my ship into letting you talk with said captive before it eats him."
She said in the same tone of voice she used when she added.
"Sugar? Milk? I am afraid I only have the preserved variety I do not often get supplies."
Helena scowled.
"You will feed your captive to your ship Ma'am?"
"Why yes off course he is delicious."
"I see...ehm...black coffee for me."
"Here you go."
"Thank you."
Through this conversation Helena looked rather pale.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next